Like Tree37Likes

Rebuilding Blackpool
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Again apologies, Coolmcool has passed on the save to me! I will repost the month of April and will lead the team in Premier League! It seems i will be continuing the save for a while. Thanks for the patience! An update will be posted soon

2. End of Season

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blackpool_ Matches Schedule.png
Views:	455
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	660282

Not a bad end to the season! We dropped points against Wigan and Watford otherwise we would have made the record for the highest points in Championship but it doesn't matter as we are champions with a whooping 21 points lead. Many players played well, most of them would be leaving unfortunately as they just aren't cut for Premier League.

Name:	Sky Bet Championship_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	465
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	660287

As you can see, 21 Points!!! Fulham were a disappointment and so were Wolves but well its their loss! I hope we can stay in the Premier League!

Name:	Sky Bet Championship_ Awards Award Winners-2.png
Views:	478
Size:	472.1 KB
ID:	660290

No one in the attack although I feel Powell should have made it there but nevermind! Spence Ferdinand and Westwood show how strong we were defensively! Westwood would have won Golden Glove if it was there!

And Finally!!

Name:	Sky Bet Championship_ Awards Award Winners.png
Views:	477
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	660296

Yes! Manager of the Year! I like shiny trophies!

P.S: I replayed the final games as coolmcool had passed it on to me! Hope you don't mind! Pre-Season and Transfers coming on soon!

3. Pre-Season

Aims:

1. Avoid Relegation
    2. Make a deep run in either cup
    3. Improve Finances

Matches:

Name:	Blackpool_ Matches Schedule-2.png
Views:	470
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	660301
    We started the pre-season horribly. Yes Zenit and Auxerre are good but I don't believe that they are THAT good. We were undermanned and we improved quickly though. I have not spent a penny throughout the window bringing in free transfers from all over the place.

Transfers

Name:	Blackpool_ Transfers Transfer History.png
Views:	466
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	660302
    I am very satisfied with my transfer work. With limited wage budget, I have signed some Key Players who hopefully can keep us up. Most of the players have been promised 50 % of their next fee, but seeing as they are on free it didn't matter as most of them were then ready to sign on half the wages.

Best Signing: Amalfitano, Maxi Lopez, Richards

Best Deal: Angel for 1.1 Mn though i got only 10 % to plough back

MisterObjective likes this.

4. nice story mate!!
    savan21 likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by clarky1683 View Post
    nice story mate!!
    Thanks!
    clarky1683 likes this.

6. You fucking up Sergei Zenjov is rather poor management. He is natural striker, F9. Kind of Estonian version of Suarez who lurks around and makes a mess of opponents defence.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Muhhaa View Post
    You fucking up Sergei Zenjov is rather poor management. He is natural striker, F9. Kind of Estonian version of Suarez who lurks around and makes a mess of opponents defence.
    He is a LM/LW on game, neither did he perform well in Championship though! And we had better options then him

8. Quote Originally Posted by Muhhaa View Post
    You fucking up Sergei Zenjov is rather poor management. He is natural striker, F9. Kind of Estonian version of Suarez who lurks around and makes a mess of opponents defence.
    Waaaaaat

9. Mid-Season Update

Views:	292
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	662167

It was a disastrous start to the season! We were just losing and losing and having the players that we do I couldn't change my tactics. We weren't scoring, we were being played off the park. Post-October I had only one trick left up my sleeve. The training which was governed by my Asst. Manager was taken over by me. I focused purely on defending and Defensive Positioning. The rest days were off! My tactic became more fluid and the slowly even the goals started flowing.

Casteels my new keeper has been a huge reason for my success, pulling off saves, left right and center. Richards, Spence, Rio and Popov have been a rock while Coady has taken over Diarra.!

In terms of goals, Pereira and Kozak have started finding a rhythm!

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	290
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	662168

11th! That is well over and above my expectations! Come October I was already looking at my Wage Budget thinking who i would chop in Championship next season but Lo and behold! A few bucks spend in January can hopefully keep us up! But its still going to be a grueling six months

Finances

Name:	Blackpool_ Boardroom Finances.png
Views:	287
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	662169

Six months in the Prem and we are in 11 Mn profit as compared to the 1.9 Mn Loss last season despite winning Championship. Very happy the way we are progressing. We have got money in the Bank and Coffers.

Other

Name:	Chris Tonkin_ News Inbox-2.png
Views:	276
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	662172

Name:	Chris Tonkin_ News Inbox-3.png
Views:	285
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	662174

P.S: I didn't change my Pre-Season expectation in January! Didn't want to raise expectations as Board was giving nothing extra.

P.P.S: My Game crashed after the Swansea game which I had to replay! We won 2-1 with us moving to 8th in the table!

Last edited by savan21; 07/08/2014 at 04:27 PM.
    MANUMAD likes this.

10. Great start to the Prem mate! Looks like you'll finish mid table which will bring in some good cash! Nice to see the faith in young players too (Powell!)

11. Quote Originally Posted by clarky1683 View Post
    Great start to the Prem mate! Looks like you'll finish mid table which will bring in some good cash! Nice to see the faith in young players too (Powell!)
    Thanks mate! I hope it happens though as three-four bad matches and we can be back battling for Relegation! We don't have that good a squad imo and its a clear case of over achievment!

12. Quote Originally Posted by savan21 View Post
    Thanks mate! I hope it happens though as three-four bad matches and we can be back battling for Relegation! We don't have that good a squad imo and its a clear case of over achievment!
    I reckon your squad is good enough to stay up and develop for next season!

If you don't mind could you check out my story I just started? Boreham Wood - The Great Growth

13. Quote Originally Posted by clarky1683 View Post
    I reckon your squad is good enough to stay up and develop for next season!

If you don't mind could you check out my story I just started? Boreham Wood - The Great Growth
    Sure..

14. Due to hectic overwork due to me being in my last year of internship, I will be posting bi-annual updates. Please bear with me. Will try to get the updates up ASAP.

15. Really like the concept of this story, Blackpool almost have a full squad IRL now so hopefully they can match your achievements

16. Post-January

Views:	363
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	665196

We were horrible post January. Only a few inconsistent victories and if not for our amazing run in November, we would have gone down. It was a successful season. Taking the crop of players to Premier League and surviving has been a tough task. Hopefully now with better finances we can attract better players and consolidate.

League Table

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	388
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	665199

We end at 14th, 11 points off relegation and that is success. Our defense was 6th in allowing goals and we were 14th in scoring goals so if that doesn't change we will face trouble. I stuck to a select XI and they did their job. If finance permit i may try another adventurous tactic. Otherwise it will be contain first and score somehow again.

Player Stats

Name:	Blackpool_ Team Players.png
Views:	352
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	665202

Players of the Season

1. K. Casteels
    2. M. Lopez
    3.L.Kozak
    4. Nick Powell

Other News

Name:	Chris Tonkin_ News Inbox.png
Views:	348
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	665203

Name:	Chris Tonkin_ News Inbox-2.png
Views:	347
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	665204

Finances

Name:	Blackpool_ Boardroom Finances.png
Views:	346
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	665208

A 20 Mn. profit. That is brilliant. One/Two more seasons and we will be aiming for Europa.

Key Observations

1. We need a Top Goalscorer. One who can score consistently.

2. A Defender to replace Rio.

3. Two new Full-Backs.

4. We can't seem to grind out a result against the Big Clubs.

5. We need better quality overall as right now we are overachieving.

P.S: I forgot to mention, we signed J. Lascelles and M. Jacobs in January most payment after 50 appearances.
    Last edited by savan21; 11/08/2014 at 04:28 AM.

17. I am literally playing a game where I started as Blackpool, I got them to a record of like 12-2-1 (Angel & Davies were going off) before the unwillingness of the board to give me any transfer budget and my general lack of interest in Blackpool got to me.... So I left for the (at the time) 0-2-10 Nottingham Forest xD. God knows how Nottingham could be so terrible with the talent it has on that roster, it's almost (but not quite as blasphemous) as Cardiff City being bad in the Skybet Championship.

However Blackpool has kept on chugging along with 16 wins an the #1 spot in the division to their name.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO