Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Sporting: It's in our blood

Name:  5180737388_7bf5e8f385_z.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  215.2 KB

"como são"

The words echoed from my childhood. Perched on the slope of Serra De Sintra, I turned
    to meet the gaze of my Father. He was a proud man, a stern yet loving hand is how I remember him.
    We lost our mother when I was 5 so it's just been us for as long as I could remember.
    But I loved these trips to the Sintra Mountains, I loved them dearly.

These mountains used to be known as Lunae Mons, or the "Mountains of the Moon."
    Even as a boy I recognized their mysticism. This was an era forgotten to the world, for Lunae Mons
    was were Cynthia; A Roman Goddess, used catch her thoughts. As did I.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Os-5-Violinos.jpg
Views:	1580
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	651599

He enjoyed the simple pleasures, my Father. He worked hard, raised a family and followed
    his beloved Sporting Clube de Portugal to the ends of the earth. He would tell me stories of the
    Cinco Violinos; a forward line of Jesus Correia, Manuel Vasques, Fernando Peyroteo,
    José Travassos, and Albano
    . These men were said to play as an orchestra together with
    the same collective spirit and efficiency on the field.

He was only 10 years old when his father took him to the Estadio Nacional in 1949 to see
    the Sporting Portugal score the first ever goal in the Cup of the Clubs of the European Champions.

Name:  Untitled-2.png
Views: 1166
Size:  85.4 KB

My Father returned the favor and took me to countless games. I quickly developed a taste for it.
    I loved the roar of the crowd, the chants, the emotion, the triumph and the despair.
    There were thousands of us but we were one within those walls.

It was in his honor that I completed my FIFA Continental Coaching badges. Football was his life, as was I.
    It was inevitable that I would fall in love with the beautiful game. He believed in me. Despite my lack of
    athleticism, I grew infatuated with Football. I couldn't play but I'd watch the games, furiously studying the
    field. My Father jokes, saying i was possessed. that the Gods of Football have claimed me now.

I raised the wreath close to my chest. I could feel the tears start to well up but I fought the away.

"Papa, It's me. They called me back again today."
    I managed a quick smile as a touched the fence.

"You always believed in me, and they said It was mine. Papa, they offered me the Job"

Tears starting to push their way through

"I'll doing this for you Papa, thank you for everything"
    I placed the wreath on the fence before saying a prayer.
    One year on. The Anniversary of his death.

Name:	three_3125.jpg
Views:	1194
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	651604

Last edited by Brendn; 27/07/2014 at 09:11 PM.

2. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Name:  Untitled-5.png
Views: 1026
Size:  433.7 KB

Nobody was really surprised to hear that Franky Vercauteren had been sacked.
    7th place is not where a giant of Portuguese football ends up, yet this was a reality
    for the Lisbon based club. Though, it's fair to say, this has been a long time coming.
    The glory days of the 50s and 60s are now long since past.

Views: 983
Size:  13.9 KB

Views: 952
Size:  22.9 KB

Despite lifting the Primeira Liga 18 times, the Club has failed to record a single League Title
    in over ten years; their last title coming in 2001/02. Sporting Clube de Portugal has a history many
    would be envious and having competed in 8 Cup finals in the last decade, they have
    only brought home silverware on 4 of these occasions.

Their biggest disappointment came in the 2004/05 European UEFA Cup when we lost the Final in our Home Stadium.
    Despite taking a first half, 29th minute lead, CSKA Moscow scored 3 in the second half to secure their only
    European title in the Russian Clubs history.

Name:  936163_w2.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  80.6 KB

I cried that day. It was our first, and last European cup final. The club has since never reached
    the Finals of either the Europe League of the Champions League.

But it's not all doom and gloom. We are still the best youth development club in Portugal. Our Youth
    System is the envy of the World. A certain Christiano Ronaldo being a former pupil of ours.

Views: 1161
Size:  453.6 KB

State of the Art Taining Facilities ensure our players are at their physical and technical peak.

Views: 1720
Size:  43.8 KB

and the glorious 50,000 seated theater of Sporting Football
    that is the beautiful Estadio Jose Alvalade

Name:  three_3125.jpg
Views: 4934
Size:  50.8 KB

If any club is poised to make a return to the glories of the past, it is the Lisbon Giant.
    Sporting Clube de Portugal

Name:  sporting cp.png
Views: 3687
Size:  36.8 KB

Last edited by Brendn; 27/07/2014 at 08:44 AM.
    MANUMAD and CELTICBHOYS like this.

3. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 1380
Size:  662.7 KB

I'd been here three weeks yet it still feels strange to me. It's not exactly like I'm
    new to the building. I've been working with Sporting for the past 10 years now.
    But things felt different somehow. I felt ready.

My name is João Lourenço and this club meant everything to my
    father, and it's the only club I've ever known. My father wasn't a player,
    a coach or a Manager. No, he was the grounds man. And he tended the ground at
    the Estádio José Alvalade for 38 years until his death last June.

He used to talk me, endlessly about the great teams of the 50s. the fantastical scoring records and the
    attacking potency this Portuguese side had. I've read about them and I know the stories
    but they seemed so distant.

Derby de Lisboa

Name:  Untitled-7.png
Views: 1030
Size:  451.8 KB

The biggest game in Portugese football, the Dery de Lisboa
    is hotly contested and I'll be sure to renew the rivalry.

Our Local rivals have wn 33 Domestic Titles while we've only won 18.
    There is History for us to make but first, we have to play catch up.

4. Its very powerful start,
    but im gripped, looking forward to seeing how you progress,
    are you giving yourself any restrictions? I.e. only portugese players? Only player frm youth academy?

5. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracz View Post
    Its very powerful start,
    but im gripped, looking forward to seeing how you progress,
    are you giving yourself any restrictions? I.e. only portugese players? Only player frm youth academy?
    Cheers. I've never managed in Portugal so I'm not really setting myself any restrictions.
    But I do enjoy FM responsibly: I never drink and Manage!

Given how good the youth facilities are and I'm in one of the best nations for regens, I'd be a fool not to try develop a few Portuguese stars.

6. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Name:  Untitled2.png
Views: 901
Size:  292.9 KB

I wanted to get a full tour of the entire club's facilities. Since I worked with
    The 'B' team I didn't spend much time around the Senior Training facilities
    or the interior of the Stadium. I was very impressed with what we have to work with.

The 1st team was training at the Estádio da Academia training grounds. I decided not
    to make myself known to them just yet, instead I watched the session to see who our
    stand out talents were.

Immediately, two or three players stood out as Key players.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 916
Size:  857.9 KB

Views: 908
Size:  706.9 KB

Name:  Untitled3.png
Views: 908
Size:  554.0 KB

The first team looks like a very solid squad of players. Each technically composed
    and well able to play football. I'll continue to observe them in training and decide on
    a tactical shape to work on for pre-season.

But now, it's time to introduce myself to the players.

Views: 854
Size:  51.9 KB

Views: 848
Size:  115.7 KB

3rd place is the minimum aim since it's the last place to carry UEFA Champions League Qualification.
    Ideally I'll be aiming for second to avoid the Play-offs but 3rd will be a good pre-season aim.

7. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 833
    Transfer News

Name:	inacio-vaslui.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	652184
    Augusto Inácio agrees to termination

Nothing personal, but we couldn't see eye to eye on how administrative matters should be handled.
    I'm a hands on coach, I like getting into the trenches and negotiation contracts as well
    as coaching the first team. Call me old fashioned but there is room for only one man at the helm
    of a Football Club.

Views: 855
Size:  217.1 KB

Player Targets
Views: 889
Size:  21.0 KB
    Rúben Ferreira

The 23 year old C.S. Marítimo Left Back is high on my priorities. He is a player for now
    and one for the future. a €1.1M bid has been accepted by the club but with Competition
    for his signature from F.C. Porto, I've had to offer him €15,000 p/w
    ( €3,000 p/w more than I'd planned to) to ensure we win this battle.

Name:  article-2641106-1E4242EF00000578-41_634x430.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  46.6 KB
    Angel Correa

We had a €3.4M bid accepted but the players agent informed us he was not interested
    in contract negotiations. however, recent media reports indicate he may be warming to the
    idea of playing his trade in the Portuguese League.

Views: 797
Size:  44.7 KB

8. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 794

Blow for João Lourenço as Rúben signs for Porto

Views: 814
Size:  64.6 KB

Last edited by Brendn; 27/07/2014 at 06:40 PM.
    CELTICBHOYS likes this.

9. Like the layout you have, will be interesting to see how you develop the squad.

Check out my story here : Alfred Ferguson

10. Interesting Layout!

Looking forward for more..

11. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 504
    Transfer News

Name:  1246151-26913854-2560-1440.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  32.5 KB
    Angel Correa

One of the most sought after signatures of the window saw Correa sign a 1 year deal
    (with an option to extend by 1 year) with Germany side Dortmund. However, the young Argentine
    may end up traveling to Portugal for a medical after a Season long loan deal was accepted. Correa will
    now decide if we wants to travel to Lisbon to play first team football with Sporting.

Name:  Rúben.png
Views: 539
Size:  96.0 KB

Views: 509
Size:  47.0 KB

Sporting Club Portugal have also announced two departures.

Views: 522
Size:  84.3 KB

Included in the deal is €5,000p/m for the duration for the loan spell (€115,000)

Views: 529
Size:  102.5 KB

Huge player but on Huge Wages. Wages I simply couldn't afford to pay given we've no European
    money coming in this season. Included in the deal is €200,000p/m for the duration for the loan spell (€2.2M)

A nice slice of income while Capel gets to help Olympiacos in the UEFA Champions League. Works
    out for both parties.
    Last edited by Brendn; 27/07/2014 at 09:41 PM.

12. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 550
Size:  222.1 KB

Views: 518
Size:  850.8 KB

13. Loving it!! But are you using any kind of Roster update? because i remember playing woth Sporting without updates and most of their players (William, Adrien, Carlos Mané and on) were pretty bad compared to what they are in real life

14. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICBHOYS View Post
    Like the layout you have, will be interesting to see how you develop the squad.

Check out my story here : Alfred Ferguson

Cheers mate, I've been keeping an eye on it. I've always had a soft spot for Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by savan21 View Post
    Interesting Layout!

Looking forward for more..
    Glad you're enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothJitsu View Post
    Loving it!! But are you using any kind of Roster update? because i remember playing woth Sporting without updates and most of their players (William, Adrien, Carlos Mané and on) were pretty bad compared to what they are in real life
    Cheers mate, Means a lot to me.

I'm playing on the Winter SI Update Database. The players seem fine to me but if they could be better, I won't knock it. Happy to continue the save the way they are though since they're loads of room to improve.
    CELTICBHOYS likes this.

15. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 479

We got our man
Views: 516
Size:  112.7 KB

Angel Correa has agreed to a season long loan spell.
    I'll be slotting him into the starting XI if he dose well during Pre-Seaosn but I feel
    we could really help in his development. He is exactly what we need right now and he needs
    competitive game time. A match made in heaven!

Views: 488
Size:  121.2 KB

This was always going to be a slow window for us since we don't have the UEFA Champions
    League cash necessary to invest in players. I'm going to use this season to get the bank
    balance on the way to a very healthy positive and keep some money
    left over to spend in the Winter Window.

Views: 476
Size:  5.7 KB

Transfers Summer 2013/14
Views: 469
Size:  20.7 KB

16. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Name:  Untitled-1.png
Views: 474
Size:  241.4 KB

2013/14 Sporting Club de Portugal Squad
Views: 1479
Size:  114.2 KB

With the core of our team containing relatively few domestic players, I'll
    be looking towards the Youth squads to make the push into the senior side.
    Opportunities will be there for progression, I've made that clear to my U19's
    Coaches so I expect to see results.

The ability within the squad is quite good. We certainly have it within us to fight
    for a UEFA Champions League Spot.

Views: 533
Size:  53.9 KB
    Cédric Soares, Eric Dier, Marcos Rojo,
    William Carvalho and André Martins

These 5 players are the most important players for the future. I'll be looking
    to do all that I can to hold onto them and ensure they're playing for the Green and White
    for gears to come.

Name:  article-1318330-0B69F944000005DC-159_634x397.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  77.6 KB

Given the clubs pedigree, youth development is of vital importance to us.
    We demand it and so dot he fans. They'd rather see a kid from the academe
    make is debut than a World class foreign signing.

Views: 443
Size:  168.0 KB

Quite a lot of youth products to work with here and a good distribution between domestic and foreign
    players.

Views: 484
Size:  79.3 KB

The stand out youth prospect is easily Bruno Wilson. I think he could a 1st tam starter
    as soon as the 2015/16 season. Tiago Neto, Bernardo Carlos, Daniel Podence & José Postiga
    are players who I believe could have a real shot at being first team players and will be following
    their development closely.

17. Looks brilliant so far mate!

18. Great story

19. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 422

Name:  f_MH1_8299.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  16.8 KB

Ground Staff: "What size do you want us to mark out the pitch?"

Me: "How big are we allowed go?"

GS: "ah. . . . 117m x 75m. Do you really want us to go that large?"

ME: "We've one of the most agile and quick teams int he league,
    lets see if they can keep up with us!"

Views: 416
Size:  42.0 KB

Views: 414
Size:  43.7 KB

20. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Luarez View Post
    Looks brilliant so far mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordiemafia09 View Post
    Great story
    Cheers guys, it's been great fun starting this save. Things should get better once I start eh League campaign!

21. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 623

Views: 514
Size:  313.7 KB

We're looking to play a responsible game from the back up with a calm approach. My midfield pairing is
    responsible for keeping the shape and stopping counters down the wide channels as the wing backs surge forward.
    The midfield 3 in the opponent's thirds will look to slip into the spaces between the midfield and
    defensive lines and play off each other to find our poaching striker who'll sit on the shoulder
    looking to quickly break behind and go one-on-one with the goalkeeper.
    Last edited by Brendn; 28/07/2014 at 06:53 PM.

22. Great beginning and graphics! Keep the good work. it's not my favorite team so i hope you loose all games
    Brendn and CELTICBHOYS like this.

23. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by apvmoreira View Post
    Great beginning and graphics! Keep the good work. it's not my favorite team so i hope you loose all games
    If we go on a 30 game loosing streak and I get sacked, I'll just say I did it for you mate
    apvmoreira and Dean Wilkes like this.

24. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 469

Views: 484
Size:  27.6 KB

Name:  SPORTING-KIT-LAUNCH-News.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  199.7 KB

The home has the classic, timeless, green and white hooped jersey. There is a green band collar at the top for a very chic look, while the slimmed shirt itself, with some modern details, is very fashionable overall. Macron’s notable trademark, the “Macron Men” that appear on the shoulders of the sleeves are in black. The shorts are green with white trim. The look is completed with green socks with a white double stripe pattern. MEO appears as the main sponsor.

The home has the classic, timeless, green and white hooped jersey. There is a green band
    collar at the top for a very chic look, while the slimmed shirt itself, with some modern details,
    is very fashionable overall. Macron’s notable trademark, the “Macron Men” that appear on
    the shoulders of the sleeves are in black. The shorts are green with white trim. The look
    is completed with green socks with a white double stripe pattern. MEO appears as the main sponsor.

Name:  10448513_10152146257106555_7247926599195756048_o.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  393.7 KB

The away has a fresh yellow look with green serving a complimentary second. A thin green crew neck has an insert of a sublimated Sporting Lion on the extended left side of the collar. The jersey itself has a large lion sublimated behind the badge, at the heart of the shirt. The shirt also has green side piping design with matching sleeve cuffs and “Macron Men” on the shoulders. Yellow shorts and yellow socks with a green and white double stripe pattern finishes this off. Moche is the main sponsor that appears on the front of the shirts.

Name:  10353436_10152146282041555_6457965826458723965_o.jpg
Views: 2164
Size:  405.0 KB

The third is the one affectionately known to supporters as the “Stromp kit” for club and national sports legend Francisco Stromp. Stromp played for and managed the Lions in the club’s early years. The halved green and white jersey was the first home kit worn by Sporting when the clu
    b was founded. It features a halved polo collar and contrasting “Macron Men” for each side. At the back of the shirt are the clubs’ initials, and on the inner collar is the famous declaration by José Alvalade, the founding chairman of the club, and the name of Sporting’s stadium. “Queremos que o Sporting seja um grande Clube, tao grande como os maiores da Europa,” “We want this club to be a great club, as great as the greatest in Europe.”

Name:  10485419_10152146281811555_1427372954650596796_o.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  374.2 KB

Last edited by Brendn; 29/07/2014 at 06:42 AM.

25. Looking good, cant wait for the season to start.
    i always prefer a quiet first transfer window gives the squad a chance to gel,
    i think top two is the right target this season, champions league playoff is a nightmare.

26. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Looking good, cant wait for the season to start.
    i always prefer a quiet first transfer window gives the squad a chance to gel,
    i think top two is the right target this season, champions league playoff is a nightmare.
    Cheers mate.

Yeah, I agree with you. Could never understand the idea behind 4-6 new faces int eh dressing room. I prefer to slowly change my teams over time and improve the areas I'm weak in rather than quickly build on my strengths.

Second place is the holy grail since I don't think I'll be able to sustain a title challenge but I'm hoping to avoid the Play-off. Even when playing as the Big, Big teams, I hate the play-offs.

27. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 477

Name:  357877d1371289649-i-thought-you-said-he-eats-drinks-sleeps-football-he-does-he-just-cant-play-lo.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  17.6 KB
    Season Fixtures 2013/14
Views: 478
Size:  122.3 KB

Tough opening game but aside from that, clean sailing.
    The list Lisbon Derby comes on December 15th while we then
    host them int he penultimate game for the season.
    Oh what a game that could be with so much on the line.

28. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 418

Tour of Bulgaria

With two weeks of fitness training under our belts, we made the trip to Lisbon international
    Airport to get our flight to Bulgaria for the first leg of our preseason tour. While not the toughest
    of tests, these games will provide a basis by which to judge where we are as a squad.

Name:  airport-lisbon-slideshow-1.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  67.6 KB

Views: 427
Size:  32.2 KB

Views: 425
Size:  32.7 KB

Angle Corea came in and played his first match for us after securing his loan move and my god,
    the kid certainly proved why there was a battle for his signature: Scoring 2 and setting up 2.
    Easily the best player on the park.

Size:  31.0 KB

Views: 423
Size:  34.0 KB

Fredy Montero brings his pre-seaosn tally to 3 and puts forward a strong claim to
    the strikers jersey!

Views: 412
Size:  30.6 KB

Views: 415
Size:  33.2 KB

Defensively, we let this game slip int he first half. Not good enough but I have to credit the
    boys for fighting back and earning a draw. This was a good experience for them.

Now back to Lisbon for an eagerly anticipated fixture against Real Madrid.

29. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 397

Christiano Ronaldo's Real Madrid comes to the Estádio José Alvalade, a stadium Ronaldo once
    called home. There was a ceremony before the match were we honored the Portuguese superstar.

Name:  cristiano-ronaldo-world-exclusive-interview-on-his-injury-and-champions-league-final-2014-hd-pt7.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  27.3 KB

In truth, this match served two purposes.
    1. Publicity
    2. Test our Defensive Ability.

I set out to use this fixture to test out Defensive mentality. I have no intention to go out an attack, I want to see how the back line deals with an explosive attack. Knowing how your team handles being on the back foot can be the difference between winning a major competition and going home with a runners up medal.

Views: 393
Size:  31.0 KB

Views: 403
Size:  31.6 KB

Only conceeded one goal from open play. Alonso scored form a free kick and Di María knocked in a near post corner. Despite the Score line, It felt liek an even game. We caused them probelms and kept them at bay during periods of intense pressure. Disapointed at the one sided result but I get exactly what I wanted out of the fixture.

30. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 374

We jet off to Scotland looking to get back to winning ways. Though a win against
    the Madrid Giants was never a realistic option, loosing still hurts the players pride.
    They're professional sports athletes. They live to win, second place is never good enough.

Celtic:
    We see them as a European Equal. If we get to the playoffs, it's quite
    likely we would play a team of similar quality. This is a game to see where
    we are in terms of a European Challenge.

Hearts:
    Not the same Quality as Celtic but we'll still need to play well to beat them.
    They have a solid core to their team and can cause a few problems.

Views: 396
Size:  32.2 KB

Views: 405
Size:  25.8 KB

An enthralling game of football that Celtic just about edged. Forster was in sensational form to
    shut me out. Kris Commons found space between the lines and struck a shot from distance.
    I quickly assigned a man to mark him closely. It was effective in keeping him quiet for the rest of the game
    but the damage was done. Game finished 1-0 to the home side.

Transfer News
    Name:  A1F245BB6F804FF7B8ADA93EC7468A99.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  27.4 KB
    Renato Euduardo de Oliveria Ribeiro (Renato)

Views: 377
Size:  58.0 KB

Stats

Views: 361
Size:  54.4 KB

signed since the guy can almost play freaking anywhere

Views: 354
Size:  36.4 KB

Very solid stats all around the board. He is a great back up signing.

Views: 369
Size:  33.2 KB

Views: 377
Size:  31.3 KB

The boy is at the club one ay and already he's a fan favorite. Scoring a beauty from just inside the box
    The Keeper punches clear from a corner only to meet he foot of Ranato, as he catches it on the half volley
    to see the ball soar into the top left corner. Even the Home fans applauded the goal, a true spectacle.

31. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 489

Another face joins Club de Portugal
    Name:  A1F245BB6F804FF7B8ADA93EC7468A99.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  45.0 KB
    Francesco Lodi

Stats

Sporting: It's in our blood-untitled.png

Views: 432
Size:  81.0 KB

32. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 429
    Name:  357877d1371289649-i-thought-you-said-he-eats-drinks-sleeps-football-he-does-he-just-cant-play-lo.jpg
Views: 2108

The long awaited stor of the 2013/14 Portuguese LIGA Zon Sagres kicks off tomorrow
    as F.C. Porto host League Rivals Sporting Club de Portugal

Name:  Macron Sporting CP Kit Deal.png
Views: 79
Size:  80.2 KB

Views: 443
Size:  154.9 KB

With odds of 5-4, we've the longest odds of the Big 3.
    I'll be highly disappointed if we, again, fail to achieve at least a 3rd place finish.
    2nd place is our aim for this season and we start this journey away to a title rival.

F.C. Porto.

33. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 421
Size:  29.2 KB

It always means so much t us to see numbers like this come out to support us.
    Our fans mean the world to us and we are working hard to bring back the glory days.
    The Red Side of Lisbon won't have their day, not while I'm here. I can promise you that!

34. Looks like your ready for the start of the season, the two new signings look like decent players,
    Mr versatility is going to come in to use during the season im sure,

35. Love the look of this, currently in my 7th season with Sporting! Looking forward to the rest.

36. So weird I started a sporting Lisbon save a couple of weeks ago and in my 4th year. The first couple years are hard and champions league football is essential because sporting don't have the money like benfica and Porto. Surprised you got rid of Capel though, very good player, also carrilo is decent as well but looks like your going in for a narrow formation. I'd suggest maybe trying to get Stefan de vrij to partner Rojo as they become the best partnership in the league and you can pick him up for 2 mil

37. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Looks like your ready for the start of the season, the two new signings look like decent players,
    Mr versatility is going to come in to use during the season im sure,
    Aye, I've got the first update nearly ready to go, just been busy so haven't had the time. I'm delighted with my signings so far, they're hopefully going to help me push for a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorWanyama View Post
    Love the look of this, currently in my 7th season with Sporting! Looking forward to the rest.
    Cheers mate, they're a fun team to manage. Big enough to not feel like a small side but small enough to allow for serious growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwellyn View Post
    So weird I started a sporting Lisbon save a couple of weeks ago and in my 4th year. The first couple years are hard and champions league football is essential because sporting don't have the money like benfica and Porto. Surprised you got rid of Capel though, very good player, also carrilo is decent as well but looks like your going in for a narrow formation. I'd suggest maybe trying to get Stefan de vrij to partner Rojo as they become the best partnership in the league and you can pick him up for 2 mil
    Haha, I have noticed I've nowhere near the spending power of the other big 2 clubs. Capel's wages were outside of what I was willing to pay for considering we've no European football at all. 50k odd a week is way too much for what I wouldn't consider a key player. Good player but not worth that much to me.

My CB pairing is Rojo and Dier. They worked relly well together during pre seaosn. I looked at de Vrij but I've decen't CBs in Rojo, Dier, Mauricio as well as a Bruno Wilson who has loads of potential. I'd rather develop him into a 1st choice CB than buy in a forging talent.

38. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Sorry about the lack of updates lads, just been really busy the last few days with real life issues, haven't played an FM in almost 3 days. Will get stuck back into this save once I'm back. Shouldn't be too long.
    CELTICBHOYS likes this.

39. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 228

Views: 245
    Countdown to the opening day of the 2013/14 Season is now on as fans flock to the
    Estádio do Dragao to see old rivals, F.C. Porto take on Sporting Club de Portugal.

The first round of fixtures has been released and the tie of the road is easily the Porto vs Sporting match.

Name:  Ahahahah.png
Views: 249
Size:  88.5 KB

We now bring you live to Estádio do Dragao for F.C. Porto vs Sporting Club de Portugal

Views: 471
Size:  738.6 KB

40. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 222

Views: 229
Size:  11.1 KB

Undefeated with a healthy goal difference!
    I was expecting only 6pts from 9pts, so to get 7pts is a great return.

Views: 233
Size:  45.3 KB

Views: 232
Size:  33.9 KB

With 10 minutes left to go, I was starting to get ready to address the fans. A loss after
    my first game in charge is never acceptable, even if it is against the best team in the country.
    Then Patrício claimed the ball in his own box, distributed it wide to Soares and within 4 passes,
    Montero had the ball int eh back of the net. A goal on the Columbians debut but it was a true
    team goal, one I'm very proud of.

Views: 234
Size:  45.9 KB

Views: 230
Size:  39.5 KB

Montero continued his fine form and found the net twice. He missed out on a hat-trick
    due to a fine save from the Guimaraes Goalkeeper. Was deeply disapointed not to finnish
    with a clean sheet but what can you do?

Views: 228
Size:  48.4 KB

Views: 219
Size:  38.9 KB

Once again, Montero gets on the score sheet as he brings his tally to 4 goals
    in 3 appearances. Great to see Patrício get a clean sheet as well.

Views: 246

Views: 248
Size:  49.2 KB

Sitting top after 3 games, ahead of Benfica by virtue of having scored more goals.
    A lot can change in the next 7 months but it's always nice to be at the summit, no
    matter what stage of the season you're at.

LovanoFM likes this.

41. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 444
    Name:  LogoTaçaPortugal.jpg
Views: 1730
Size:  32.4 KB

The third round draw of the Taca de Portugal was made today, with the tie
    of teh round being Sporting Club de Portugal vs Braga.

Views: 308
Size:  8.5 KB

Across the City, there were smiles raised as S.L. Benfica drew themselves.

Views: 310
Size:  7.7 KB

These matches are scheduled to take place during the 3rd weekend in October.

42. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 311

Views: 295

Views: 535
Size:  46.7 KB

Huge blow as he is my first choice partner to Rojo in Central Defense.
    4 months will have him out of actiion for most of the season since he'll need
    about a month to get back to full fitness.

43. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 293

Views: 292
Size:  10.6 KB

Deeply dispapointed to drop 4 points agasint weaker sides. We should be well out in front,
    leading the chasing pack but these two draws have left us without a cushion to build on.

Views: 285
Size:  45.2 KB

Views: 306

Views: 305
Size:  44.8 KB

Views: 321
Size:  33.3 KB

Views: 290
Size:  46.9 KB

Views: 315
Size:  34.3 KB

Views: 350
Views: 312
Size:  52.6 KB

Still undefeated but dropping points. Not happy with the past month but hopefully we can start
    make some distance between us and the rest of the league by December.

44. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 285

After our third draw in a row, I felt the need to call a team meeting.
    We've now dropped 3 of or last 9 points on offer, this was a trend
    I had to stop sooner rather than later. While I was not happy with
    the squad, I felt I had on-the-pitch matters under control.

"We're not loosing games!"

It is worth remembering this and reminding the players what they
    are capable of. The difference between 1 point and 3 points paper thin.

Size:  63.1 KB

"Evening lads, I wanted to call you in to congratulate you"
    I opened with.

There were a few confused looks throughout the dressing room.

"But, we're just after dropping points again boss?"

Patricio offered to the conversation.

"Really? I hadn't noticed. The table is what caught my eye."
    I said looking him straight in the eye.

"Points are only as important as the numbers around us.
    You say we've only gotten 3 points from our last 3 games,
    but I look at this paper and see us sitting in second place!"

I raise my voice slightly to draw them in.

"1st Estoril; 15pts, 2nd Sporting Lisbon; 13pts, 3d Olhanense; 13pts,
    4th F.C. Porto; 10pts
    You put us this high in the table! I'll worry about
    points, you look at the table and feel proud! Proud to be here as we show
    Portugal that this is a club that won't roll over and die!"
    I reminded them, as a
    jabbed furiously at the league table printed in the local table.

"Undefeated, Spirited, Determined! These are the words I use to describe you all"

I could sense the mood lift in the dressing room

"Now get out there and give me the training session of your lives, it's getting
    harder to pick a Starting XI given the performances you've shown me! Quality
    is what I want and I can assure you, each and everyone of you has it!"

Everyone cheered and they ran out on the training pitch, a noticeable spring to
    their steps. Exactly what I wanted to see.

Views: 298
Size:  99.1 KB

I think this meeting has done it's job.
    MisterObjective likes this.

45. Beautiful! Will be following as always
    Brendn likes this.

46. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 231

Views: 222
Size:  11.0 KB

It took 8 league games to bring our first defeat. We're struggling to put away our chances
    right now but I've a few ideas to shake up the team. Something will have to change and I think
    my 3 ACMs might be causing some problems. I'm going to experiment with moving two men
    wide and playing down the outside channels.

Size:  42.6 KB

Views: 262
Size:  28.7 KB

Views: 281
Views: 233
Size:  47.9 KB

Views: 257
Size:  40.6 KB

Huge win here boys. While it may only be the 3rd round, Braga are a decent
    side and could have dumped us out on another day. We are targeting a trophy this
    season so the Cup is definitely in my mind.

Views: 247
Size:  48.0 KB

Views: 272

Very poor game and a terrible performance from my defense. 3 minutes in and in
    truth, we were lucky only to give away the spot kick' I though we has getting a
    straight red! It's time to shake things up and look at a new system.

Views: 268
Size:  53.8 KB

We've started to fall down the table while Estoril take a 2pt lead at the top of the table.
    Though we are only 5pts from the top so it's early days yet but we need to stop falling
    down the table or we could be in trouble soon.

47. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus94 View Post
    Beautiful! Will be following as always
    Cheers mate. A pleasure as always.

48. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 223
    We have our first Managerial Casualty!

Name:	936163_w2.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	575.5 KB
ID:	660370

Views: 220
Size:  64.3 KB

49. love this - following.

50. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 203

Views: 206
Size:  14.4 KB

We may have just caused the Braga manager to lose his job, but lets face
    it, it's us or him and I'm not falling behind for anyone.

Views: 216
Size:  48.1 KB

Views: 253
Size:  32.7 KB

Let it slip at the death. Always disappointed to drop points but you can't fault the guys if
    they're not loosing games. That's my philosophy.

Views: 204
Size:  50.5 KB

Views: 219
Size:  40.1 KB

Them: "Give us possession!"
    Me: "Sure "

What good is possession when you're 4-0 down at full time.

Views: 213
Size:  45.9 KB

Views: 232
Size:  34.6 KB

Huge result. That's twice now I've beaten Braga and these wins
    can only build confidence in the squad.

Views: 210
Size:  43.4 KB

Size:  41.5 KB

Poor form from Montero saw him being dropped as I decided to give on loan
    Correa a creative role in the front line; which he executed perfectly.

Views: 224

Views: 231
Size:  54.1 KB

Much better league form showed just how easily you can climb the table if you starting stringing wins
    together. It gets harder from here on though as Porto and Benfica are unlikely to drop many points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO