Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tracz
  • 1 Post By stobdog
  • 1 Post By BlakeSemp10

A New Challenge: English Revolution

1. A New Challenge: English Revolution

Manchester United are the most successful and dominant team in the history of English Football. Although they have many competitors, the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Nottingham Forest have all had stints of success on the European stage. Although these powerful English clubs don't seem to transcend to the national team... England had an abysmal 2014 World Cup campaign, and all though show cased some great young talent, they were far off the pace at the international level. So as a result of this the Manchester United board and owners, the Glazer's have taken it into their own hands to improve football for England as a nation.

BREAKING NEWS:
    Name:  Moyes leaves united.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  130.8 KB

SKY NEWS: (Gary Neville) "Today news has come out of Manchester that David Moyes will no longer be manager of the club, after a poor domestic campaign finishing 7th in the league he has been relieved of his position. The club speaking out describing their new philosophy and plan for the future to improve English football on a whole, what this could mean for the future of the club is yet to be confirmed but we believe that they will be after a young English manager to take over the role".

Manchester United's Chairman spoke to the media the following afternoon:

Name:  Ed Woodward.jpg
Views: 66530
Size:  30.3 KB

Ed Woodward (Chairman): "Manchester United feel that the national team and football in this country (England) is being restricted by the influx of international players in the Premier League. We want to revolutionize modern football and be entrepreneurs of modern day football. From this day forward we are proud to announce our new club regulations. We will only allow English players to play for our club, and in saying the yes, all of our players who are not of English nationality will be sold or removed from the first team, we are also pleased to announce the new manager of the club and ensure our full backing and belief of our new acquisition, Lee Johnson. The man who was at Oldham showed a lot of promise, and the Englishman fully understands and believes in what we are trying to implement at this great club, we are looking forward to the upcoming season and wish for the support of the Manchester United faithful".

Well there you have it. Manchester United have announced their new manager, Lee Johnson, and also announced their unbelievable new philosophy, how will they manage without van Persie, Mata and De Gea, only time will tell. Here is a look at the new man in the hot seat:

*Please excuse my bad photo editing, I'm trying to make it feel real

Name:  welcome.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  112.9 KB

Name:  Lee Johnson info.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  lee  johnson stats.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  18.4 KB

Now I understand this could go extremely wrong but I'm keen to try it out, it might not even be possible to win a competitive game with just English players but we will see So I have transfer listed every who is not English and I have promoted some players of English nationality from the Under 21's and 19's...

2. Sounds interesting,
    think it may of been easier in the short term to sell the foreign players slowly as/when bids are put in,
    as english talent is always exspensive in fm/irl. So transfer listing them all will effect how much money you have to bring players in,
    Are you using a special database Like lfcmarshalls?
    Will be following this, good luck
    BlakeSemp10 likes this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tracz View Post
    Sounds interesting,
    think it may of been easier in the short term to sell the foreign players slowly as/when bids are put in,
    as english talent is always exspensive in fm/irl. So transfer listing them all will effect how much money you have to bring players in,
    Are you using a special database Like lfcmarshalls?
    Will be following this, good luck
    Hey Tracz, no special database dude just the update, I listed everyone because I just want to rid my club of players that aren't English not really for money to be honest, but thanks for the feedback I appreciate it man!

4. Okay this is interesting haha, it seems that almost every single first team players is coming and asking me why they are transfer listed and basically saying they will do anything to stay at the club, but I'm going to stick with the plan and sell on all my international players to bring in funds to buy and develop English talent at the club.

My Objectives (2013-2017):

2013/14 Season - Finish in the top 6 and have a fully English squad.
    2014/15 Season - Finish in top 4 and win at least 1 trophy (FA Cup or Capital One or Europa League)
    2015/16 Season - Finish in top 2 and make Champions League Quarter Finals
    2016/17 Season - Win the EPL and make Champions League Semi Finals

First Team Squad (excluding International players, all transfer listed)

Goalkeepers:
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 626
Size:  80.9 KB

Johnstone, Sutherland and Amos

Defenders:
Views: 611
Size:  119.2 KB

Keane, Smalling, Jones, James, Ferdinand, Thorpe

Midfielders:
Views: 623
Size:  180.4 KB

Carrick, Pearson, Young, Rudge, Rothwell, Weir, Lingard, Cleverley, Barmby

Strikers:
Views: 634
Size:  85.5 KB

Welbeck, Rooney, Wilson

That is the squad as it stand going in to pre-season but obviously as players are sold and funds are increased new players will be brought in to bolster the squad.

This is how the team line's up with all the best players fit, and also see the tactics here:

Name:  first team.png
Views: 667
Size:  434.9 KB

Name:  Message from the manager.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  35.6 KB

Message from the manager to the squad before pre-season:

Lee Johnson (Manager): "Alright lads you know how it's going to be from now on, English players only. This can bring some real challenges over the next 12 months but I believe we have enough talent here in this squad to be a successful English team, I have faith in the leaders in this group such as Carrick, Ferdinand and Rooney to pass on their experience to the younger players in the team. As you may be aware there a few new faces in training and around the place after I have promoted a load of youngsters from the youth teams, I want us to all believe together that we can attain success, that is all that I can about is what we think, not anyone else. Remember the Class of 92? Yeah, people wrote them off after their first game and look at what they achieved so why can't we, go out there, show me what you have got over pre-season and lets get the ball rolling to take some confidence in to the upcoming season, go on lads".

Pre-Season Results:

Name:  Results.png
Views: 612
Size:  65.9 KB

Transfers:

Out:
    Name:  all transfers out.png
Views: 606
Size:  210.7 KB

Name:  Transfers Out.png
Views: 617
Size:  36.0 KB

In:
    Name:  all transfers in.png
Views: 616
Size:  273.1 KB

Name:  Transfers In.png
Views: 622
Size:  49.4 KB

Let's take a closer look at the results:

Manchester United 5-3 Manchester United Under 21's
    Rooney, Lingard, Wilson(x2) and Thorpe
    An expected performance, although conceding 3 goals to such a poor side was certainly something that needed improvement, good to see young James Wilson getting a double and Man of the Match.
    Name:  Match 1.1.png
Views: 623
Size:  100.3 KB
    Name:  Match 1.png
Views: 604
Size:  39.4 KB

America 5-2 Manchester United
    Rooney(x2)
    An in form Rooney couldn't save our blushes, a poor performance overall and much improvement was needed if we wanted to compete in the EPL.
    Name:  Match 2.png
Views: 607
Size:  121.9 KB

Manchester United 1-2 AS Monaco
    (OG)
    A very tough opponent but a respectable results, ironically ex-Manchester United player Patrcie Evra scoring our only goal of the game, still we took many positives from this match.
    Name:  Match 3.png
Views: 618
Size:  117.5 KB

AA Gent 1-2 Manchester United
    Rooney and (OG)
    Not a convincing display but we got a win at the end of the day, once again it was our main man Rooney banging in a goal.
    Name:  Match 4.1.png
Views: 587
Size:  83.3 KB

Name:  Match 4.png
Views: 595
Size:  41.0 KB

Antwerp 0-3 Manchester United

Wilson, Carrick and Rooney
    A much better performance all round, Rooney and Wilson combining well in this game but Michael Carrick won his second consecutive Man of the Match, he is showing his experience in this pure English squad.
    Name:  Match 5.1.png
Size:  129.4 KB

Name:  Match 5.png
Views: 594
Size:  53.2 KB

Westerlo 0-6 Manchester United
    Lingard, Jones, Rooney(x2), Welbeck and Young
    Without a doubt the best performance so far in pre-season. An array of goalscorers and overall just a good display all around the park. Rooney is on fire, 2 goals and 2 assists in this match.
    Name:  Match 6.1.png
Views: 598
Size:  126.5 KB

Name:  Match 6.png
Views: 594
Size:  41.3 KB

Manchester United 3-1 Lazio

Welbeck(x3)
    One man stole the show... Danny... Danny, Danny, Danny, Danny, Danny... Danny Welbeck!
    Name:  Match 7.1.png
Views: 602
Size:  120.2 KB

Name:  Match 7.png
Views: 611
Size:  47.0 KB

Manchester United 3-1 PSG
    Welbeck, Smalling and Clough
    For me my favorite game of pre-season. We beat French giants PSG, new signing Clough scored on debut and our new first choice goalkeeper Ruddy signed from Norwich saved Ibrahimovic's penalty. What a game.
    Name:  Match 8.1.png
Size:  126.0 KB

Name:  Match 8.png
Views: 615
Size:  51.6 KB

Besiktas 2-1 Manchester United
    Keane
    Just one of those games, nothing really went our way.
    Name:  Match 9.png
Views: 601
Size:  113.4 KB

The managers word's to the team at the end of pre-season:

Name:  _71223596_hi020057200.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  26.3 KB

Lee Johnson(Manager): "Overall I am very pleased how pre-season went, you should all feel confident going in to the Cup Final against Wigan in our first competitive match, I am happy that all of our new signings are blending in well and you are really started to show some chemistry, I hope you are all as excited as I am for the season, I would like to award a player who for me was the best player throughout pre-season, and it was tough, Wayne I'm sorry bud you have just missed out because for me you Michael were our best player in pre-season, congratulations"

Name:  Michael Carrick.jpg
Views: 1190
Size:  26.5 KB

'Player of Pre-Season' - Michael Carrick (CDM)

5. Could be a very interesting read, il be following anyway so good luck!!

6. A few good signings mate,
    i do worry that you over paid for townsend,
    and that you will struggle to keep your job if you only finish 5/6,
    but i wish you luck

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dean Wilkes View Post
    Could be a very interesting read, il be following anyway so good luck!!
    Thanks dude, much appreciation

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tracz View Post
    A few good signings mate,
    i do worry that you over paid for townsend,
    and that you will struggle to keep your job if you only finish 5/6,
    but i wish you luck
    haha I certainly paid a lot for Townsend but I wanted to bring in at least one really good English talent that has more or less proven himself already, and I know what you mean about the 5th/6th thing, I wish I could change that game so the board actually wanted the scenario I have created on here

9. How did you receive £17+m for Valencia? Milan want him on mine, but his value is £8m and he won't sell for anything? Any advice?

10. Really interested in this, will be following intently
    BlakeSemp10 likes this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by CELTICBHOYS View Post
    How did you receive £17+m for Valencia? Milan want him on mine, but his value is £8m and he won't sell for anything? Any advice?
    Hey dude I just kept asking for more and more and just negotiated the transfer, is that your first season or what?

12. Quote Originally Posted by stobdog View Post
    Really interested in this, will be following intently

Thanks dude! That's why I do it, hope you enjoy the story man

13. Not my first season, already one season in and in 2014/15 beginning as I had simulated the first season to get up to date. Can't sell him for anything, £8m probably the most I will get from Newcastle, god knows how you sold him for £17+ =[ only got £13m for Hernandez.

14. Quote Originally Posted by CELTICBHOYS View Post
    Not my first season, already one season in and in 2014/15 beginning as I had simulated the first season to get up to date. Can't sell him for anything, £8m probably the most I will get from Newcastle, god knows how you sold him for £17+ =[ only got £13m for Hernandez.
    Guess I just got lucky then! I'm not complaining

15. So pre-season is over and now it's time for Lee Johnson to really test out his assembled squad with a first competitive match and a first opportunity to bring some new silverware to the club. Manchester United will take on Wigan in the Capital One Cup Final.

Lee Johnson (Manager): "I am pleased to announce a new signing to our club and I believe he is a player who can make a big difference for us this season, please give him a warm welcome..."

Name:  Transfer In.png
Views: 546
Size:  72.9 KB

Erik Dier: "I am delighted to join a club with such history and I am extremely excited in the clubs new policy and believe that under Lee Johnson I can be part of the English Revolution."

Name:  build up.png
Views: 429
Size:  1.70 MB

SKY SPORT: "We sit here awaiting kick off of the Capital On
    e Cup Final. A very different look about Manchester United today after the club announced their new policy of only using English players, Lee Johnson was with us earlier to talk about his expectations for the match and how he thinks they can do during the 2013/14 Premier League campaign".

Lee Johnson (Manager): "I felt the boys have a good run in pre season and we have all been training hard to be ready for the season this year. Not only do we have to adapt to the new philosophy at the club, that has forced a lot of transfers, in and out, the team also has to adapt to the way I want us to play, attacking, but controlling football. Although we had a fairly good pre season I believe the match against Wigan will show where we are really at. If we win, as I expect, then there's no reason we can't carry that form on in to the season and really push the top teams this season".

This is how the team's lined up for the match:

Name:  Man united v wigan line ups.png
Views: 391
Size:  1.33 MB

Wigan 0-4 Manchester United
    Name:  Final.1.png
Views: 340
Size:  169.7 KB

Name:  Final Stats.png
Views: 323
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  Final.png
Views: 323
Size:  49.0 KB

Name:  Confirmation.png
Views: 336
Size:  35.1 KB

SKY SPORTS: "Lee Johnson's Manchester United couldn't have wished for a better start in his first competitive match, a dominant performance and his first taste of silverware at his new club, exciting times ahead for Manchester United".

We did it! What a win to lift the cup, fantastic start to the season.

Attached Images
    savan21 likes this.

16. Quote Originally Posted by BlakeSemp10 View Post
    So pre-season is over and now it's time for Lee Johnson to really test out his assembled squad with a first competitive match and a first opportunity to bring some new silverware to the club. Manchester United will take on Wigan in the Capital One Cup Final.

Lee Johnson (Manager): "I am pleased to announce a new signing to our club and I believe he is a player who can make a big difference for us this season, please give him a warm welcome..."

Attachment 656841

Erik Dier: "I am delighted to join a club with such history and I am extremely excited in the clubs new policy and believe that under Lee Johnson I can be part of the English Revolution."

Attachment 656843
    SKY SPORT: "We sit here awaiting kick off of the Capital On
    e Cup Final. A very different look about Manchester United today after the club announced their new policy of only using English players, Lee Johnson was with us earlier to talk about his expectations for the match and how he thinks they can do during the 2013/14 Premier League campaign".

Lee Johnson (Manager): "I felt the boys have a good run in pre season and we have all been training hard to be ready for the season this year. Not only do we have to adapt to the new philosophy at the club, that has forced a lot of transfers, in and out, the team also has to adapt to the way I want us to play, attacking, but controlling football. Although we had a fairly good pre season I believe the match against Wigan will show where we are really at. If we win, as I expect, then there's no reason we can't carry that form on in to the season and really push the top teams this season".

This is how the team's lined up for the match:

Attachment 656849

Wigan 0-4 Manchester United
    Attachment 656852
    Attachment 656859
    Attachment 656861
    Attachment 656863
    SKY SPORTS: "Lee Johnson's Manchester United couldn't have wished for a better start in his first competitive match, a dominant performance and his first taste of silverware at his new club, exciting times ahead for Manchester United".

We did it! What a win to lift the cup, fantastic start to the season.

Capital One Cup Final is not the same as the community shield mate Great story with a good layout though

17. Quote Originally Posted by gunnersasha View Post
    Capital One Cup Final is not the same as the community shield mate Great story with a good layout though

Shit my bad haha I cant be bothered changing it now though, cheers!

18. AUGUST:

Fixtures:
    *Hull match was postponed...

Name:  fixtures.png
Views: 233
Size:  19.7 KB

Norwich 0-3 Manchester United
    A solid performance overall, clean sheet to start the season and two well taken goals.

Views: 235
Size:  132.3 KB

Views: 230
Size:  50.1 KB

Manchester United 1-0 Aston Villa
    A scrappy game but Young got the winning goal against his old club.

Name:  Match 2.1.png
Views: 235
Size:  120.4 KB

Views: 241
Size:  43.0 KB

We sent out a couple of players on loan:
    Name:  Weir Loan.png
Views: 234
Size:  115.6 KB

Name:  Januzaj Loan.png
Views: 249
Size:  110.0 KB

We were also drawn in the Capital One Cup against West Ham and we were placed in the following Champions Cup group:

Name:  Champions League Group Draw.png
Views: 255
Size:  16.7 KB

Name:  Capital One Cup Draw.png
Views: 232
Size:  51.7 KB

A very good month for Manchester United, here is conformation of the results:

Name:  August Results.png
Views: 238
Size:  22.2 KB

Lee Johnson (Manager): "Great month boys, I couldn't have asked for a better start, for me the most important factor of our success this month has been defensively. 3 clean sheets in a row isn't easy lads so feel confident about that, and the man organizing our solid back line has to be recognized. Player of the month goes to..."

Name:  ruddy.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  54.0 KB

John Ruddy (GK)

19. Shouldnt you have sold januzai as he's non-english?

20. Quote Originally Posted by Tracz View Post
    Shouldnt you have sold januzai as he's non-english?
    Yeah I want to but I'm not getting many offers so anyway to get the non-english players out the squad you know I can sell him next season that way too.

21. SEPTEMBER

Fixtures:
    Name:  Fixtures.png
Views: 144
Size:  39.0 KB

Manchester United 1-0 Hull
    Rooney

Our main man with the only goal of the game, midfielder Michael Carrick with the assist and Man of the Match. Another clean sheet and 3 points.

Views: 170
Size:  96.4 KB

Views: 150
Size:  46.3 KB

Fulham 1-1 Manchester United
    Clough

Only 1 point for us in this match. Debutant Clough opening the scoring from a perfect cross from Man of the Match, Keane. But then Holtby equalized right at the death. Very disappointing.
    Name:  Match 2.1.png
Views: 146
Size:  100.3 KB

Views: 149
Size:  40.4 KB

Manchester United 1-0 Schalke
    Carrick

A good result picking up 3 points in our first European match. Carrick with the only goal of the game and young center back Phil Jones was M.O.M.

Name:  Match 3.1.png
Views: 153
Size:  126.7 KB

Name:  Match 3.png
Views: 155
Size:  51.1 KB

Tottenham 2-1 Manchester United
    Welbeck

Our first competitive defeat to a strong Tottenham side. Welbeck the only scorer for us as we couldn't penetrate their back line enough.

Name:  Match 4.png
Views: 155
Size:  39.8 KB

Manchester United 1-0 West Ham
    Carrick

3rd round of the Capital One Cup we beat West Ham by another solo goal by Carrick who is carrying the team with Rooney out injured since the Hull game.
    Name:  Match 5.1.png
Views: 152
Size:  124.5 KB

Name:  Match 5.png
Views: 147
Size:  47.7 KB

Manchester United 1-2 Sunderland
    Carrick

Yet another goal from Carrick wasn't enough to win the match. A poor loss at home to Sunderland that we can't afford to do if we want to have a successful campaign this season.

Name:  Match 6.png
Views: 145
Size:  113.8 KB

Results:
    Name:  Results.png
Views: 143
Size:  40.6 KB

League Table:

Name:  League Table.png
Views: 151
Size:  74.2 KB

In the next round of the Capital One Cup we have been drawn against:
    Ipswich

Name:  Capital One Cup draw.png
Views: 154
Size:  61.3 KB

Name:  lee-johnson-oldham-athletic.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  15.3 KB

Lee Johnson (Manager): "Well lads that was interesting month, I have to look at 2 results in particular though and highlight the impact of one player. First of all the losses to Tottenham and Sunderland were unacceptable, not because of the result, but because I didn't feel that we were playing with enough passion and intensity in those matches so I expect to see everyone pick up their performances next month. The one player who carried our team when Waza was out was obvious. Michael showed his experience and we are lucky to have a player of his caliber in our team. Another point I want to mention is congratulations on your win over Schalke. Europe is always difficult no matter who the opposition and I thought in that game everyone played well".

Player of the Month:
    Name:  Michael-Carrick.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  41.6 KB

Michael Carrick (CM)

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO