Like Tree16Likes

Rootsey's FM Fantasy League
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

1. Rootsey's FM Fantasy League

Name:  home-kits1_2984008k.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  152.4 KB

Welcome everyone to my fantasy football league for football manager. I couldn't remember the real name for this type of game so made one up. The rules are simple, each player picks a team and then I will put us all in a random generator to determine the order of play of which we pick our teams. This means people like Messi could be playing for Stoke and so on. To make it fair on the players who get picked 20th, the next round the picks will get reversed so the person who picked last goes first in round. The way I am going to have people pick is by PM or Email whichever is easier. To save me getting a millions people saying Messi in their PMs the way I want people to pick their squad is like so:

Burnley:
    1.Messi

Aston Villa
    1.Messi
    2.Ronaldo

Chelsea
    1. Messi
    2. Ronaldo
    3. Neuer

So in this case Burnley got drawn out 1st. They picked Messi as their first choice. Next up was Aston Villa who wanted to pick Messi but as Burnley already chose him they got their second choice. Same with Chelsea who got 3 picks as 2 teams went before them but as they had Neuer as their 2nd pick and nobody had chosen him then they get the player.

At the end of each round of picking I will release the squads so you can see who has been picked and where you need to pick some players.

Premier League Rules for registration
    Maximum Squad size of 25 players
    8 Players trained in England for 3 years before 21st Birthday

I am going to say you need to have at least 5 English people in the squad
    At least 2 players over the age of 31
    At least 3 players under 21

Failure to comply with these rules will mean that I have the right to take away one player from your squad and replace them with someone who fits into the rules.

At the end of the picking once everyone has their squads I will then either SIM the game or if someone who has the in game editor wants to help me out we could turn this into a chairman game but we will see how it goes for now.

Arsenal - Riddo492
    Aston Villa
    Burnley - Rootsey
    Chelsea - LordPMGthe3rd
    Crystal Palace - Joshwiggy
    Everton - DidierDrogba
    Hull - Catadiaz12
    Leicester - Murley
    Liverpool - Lewie100
    Man City - ConorC98
    Man Utd - LeedsUtdAndProud
    Newcastle - Mapas
    QPR -NYCarmy
    Southampton - lufcberg22
    Stoke - Gnoteb
    Sunderland - Bakestar
    Swansea - Natekronos
    Tottenham - Cheeko63
    West Brom - Dean Wilkes
    West Ham - gpsanchez

Hopefully I will have 20 people sign up quickly and we can get things going. Just simply say whatever team you want to be and I will add you in. First come first served but I will pick whatever team is last as I want to join in too.
    Last edited by Rootsey; 19/09/2014 at 04:35 PM.

2. Arsenal - Riddo
    Vidal
    Leno Marcelo Thiago Jovetic Villas Boas

Aston Villa - Pieface1790
    Lahm
    Hart Kompany Iniesta Diego Costa Klopp

Burnley - Rootsey
    Mata
    Akinfeev Jones Barkley Welbeck Wenger

Chelsea - LordPMGthe3rd
    Courtois
    Szczesny Cahill Sanchez Mandzukic Benitez

Crystal Palace - Joshwiggy
    Rooney
    Lloris Alaba Wilshere Lukaku Mourinho

Everton - DiderDrogba
    Messi Begovic Baines Isco Tevez Blanc

Hull- Catadiaz12
    Pogma
    Perrin Azpilicueta Di Maria Immobile Bielsa

Leicester - Murley
    Aguero Bardi Shaw Carrick Etoo Capello

Liverpool - Lewie100
    Gotze
    Ter Stegen Pique Coutinho Sturridge Ancelotti

Man City - ConorC98
    James Rodriguez
    De Gea Ramos Toure Neymar Pellegrini

Man Utd - LeedsUtdAndProud
    Hummels Lopez Boateng Kroos Cavani Van Gaal

Newcastle - Mapas
    Neuer
    Navas Ginter Lamela Higuain Conte

QPR - NYCarmy
    Thomas Mueller
    Handanovic Balanta Martinez JacksonMartinez Simeone

Southampton - lufcberg22
    Ronaldo Romero Alba Pirlo Icardi

Stoke - Gnoteb
    Bale
    Cech Chiellini Robben Mario Gomez Rodgers

Sunderland - Bakestar
    Suarez
    Valdes Zouma Fabregas Balotelli Martinez

Swansea - Natekronos
    Varane
    Sirigu Marquinhos Hazard Benteke Pochettino

Tottenham - Cheeko63
    Lewandowski
    Bravo Sakho Modric J Hernandez Luis Enrique

West Brom - Dean Wilkes
    Ibrahimovic
    Forster Doria Gil Romero Barbosa Bruce

West Ham - gpsanchez
    Falcao
    Buffon Silva Reus Rvp Guardiola
    Last edited by Rootsey; 18/09/2014 at 08:43 PM.

3. Can I go Liverpool?

4. Quote Originally Posted by lewie100 View Post
    Can I go Liverpool?
    Of course mate!

I hope I have made the rules ok it will be easy enough to pick up as we go along.

5. Yeah, they are fine. I can see you posted a request message on the Chairman Game thread.

6. Quote Originally Posted by lewie100 View Post
    Yeah, they are fine. I can see you posted a request message on the Chairman Game thread.
    Yeah I know a lot of the people in the Chairman Game thread are trustworthy so would like them to come along and join this too

7. Can I go Man Utd? Don't really understand the rules though so could you explain

8. Quote Originally Posted by LeedsUnitedAndProud View Post
    Can I go Man Utd? Don't really understand the rules though so could you explain
    Yeah thats fine mate. Basically when I have 20 players I will release a list in how many picks people get so if you are 20th u have to send me a pm with 20 players on that list. If you are 2nd on the list you get two picks because the person who picks first may pick the player you want so you get another choice. It is easier to do it that way instead of you picking a player sending me a PM then for me to say no sorry hes already been picked.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rootsey View Post
    Yeah thats fine mate. Basically when I have 20 players I will release a list in how many picks people get so if you are 20th u have to send me a pm with 20 players on that list. If you are 2nd on the list you get two picks because the person who picks first may pick the player you want so you get another choice. It is easier to do it that way instead of you picking a player sending me a PM then for me to say no sorry hes already been picked.
    Still slightly confused, not your fault I've had minimum sleep. Hopefully I understand more shortly

10. Quote Originally Posted by LeedsUnitedAndProud View Post
    Still slightly confused, not your fault I've had minimum sleep. Hopefully I understand more shortly
    Its ok once all the teams are picked and the order is done I will tell you what to do from then on I am trying to find the rules to explain easier but its hard lol

11. Quote Originally Posted by LeedsUnitedAndProud View Post
    Can I go Man Utd? Don't really understand the rules though so could you explain
    United... :/

12. Quote Originally Posted by lewie100 View Post
    United... :/
    Just picked a random team

13. Could have picked anyone else. It's fine.

14. Quote Originally Posted by lewie100 View Post
    Could have picked anyone else. It's fine.
    Does it matter that much :/ only a game in the end

15. Yeah.

16. Man city please

17. Quote Originally Posted by conorc98 View Post
    Man city please
    Done pal, welcome to the game

18. Quote Originally Posted by lewie100 View Post
    Yeah.
    That's your opinion, there's only one team I'll never ever be and that's Galatasaray even if it's a fun game as I hate them. I dislike Man Utd but my hate isn't as strong for them as it is for Galatasaray so I can just bare being Man Utd

19. southampton please

20. Quote Originally Posted by conorc98 View Post
    Man city please
    My messaging isn't working but Aston Villa have become available on the CG game.

Sorry Rootsey for posting this on your thread

21. Can I take Swansea?

22. Quote Originally Posted by lufcberg22 View Post
    southampton please
    Of course mate
    lufcberg22 likes this.

23. Ass screw it I'll take Leicester

24. Welcome to the game lads
    Murley likes this.

25. I'm taking Chelsea FC.

26. Do the team start with the actual team budget? Also, do we have any players in the team or do we start completely empty?

27. Quote Originally Posted by Murley View Post
    Do the team start with the actual team budget? Also, do we have any players in the team or do we start completely empty?
    No budget & no players. Just you pick the players you want so it will be your 'fantasy team' but with a few restrictions that I posted in the first post. It will all be clearer once we get the whole 20 players
    Murley likes this.

28. what teams are left?

29. Can I have QPR?

30. Arsenal please?

31. I'd like Newcastle please

32. West Ham please.

33. Stoke for me then

34. i will take Everton

35. Quote Originally Posted by cheeko63 View Post
    what teams are left?
    First page has all the taken teams.

Everyone else has been updated so welcome to the game, not many positions left and remember I will be taking the last spot

36. Can I take tottenham

37. Quote Originally Posted by cheeko63 View Post
    Can I take tottenham
    Of Course mate

38. I think it would be better to sim it as you can get through more seasons

39. Quote Originally Posted by cheeko63 View Post
    I think it would be better to sim it as you can get through more seasons
    I will sim the first season then open it up to see if people want to turn it into a chairman game or not.

Not many places left guys, remember I am having the last team

40. I'd be interested in a chairman game mainly cos I don't fully understand the rules

41. I don't care. Chairman Game or Simulation.

42. First season will definately be a simulation because you would have picked your own squads so should be no reason for anyone to buy players

Hopefully we get the last few people so we can get things going.

43. I think I kinda get an idea of the first thread now...

So if I am number 2 and my first option was taken by number 1 I would get my second choice player?

44. Quote Originally Posted by LeedsUnitedAndProud View Post
    I think I kinda get an idea of the first thread now...

So if I am number 2 and my first option was taken by number 1 I would get my second choice player?
    Yep that is correct, so if you are 20th then you send me 20 players as your first 19 might have been picked. After each round the order reverses so if you was 20th you would then pick first.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Rootsey View Post
    Yep that is correct, so if you are 20th then you send me 20 players as your first 19 might have been picked. After each round the order reverses so if you was 20th you would then pick first.
    And that keeps happening till a whole team is picked?

46. Yep, so the point is some people might want to pick the best goalkeeper etc so everyone should have different players to fit certain formations etc. I will let everyone send me PMs with players at the same time. I will then release who got which player without showing who else they wrote down incase people forget people. Will update squads on the front page so people can see who has been picked!

47. Can i take Hull city?

48. Quote Originally Posted by CataDiaz12 View Post
    Can i take Hull city?
    Of Course

49. 3 More players needed

50. Can I take Palace? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO