• 2 Post By coolmcool
  • 1 Post By coolmcool
  • 1 Post By aaronmorrsi
  • 1 Post By coolmcool

Barcelona - La Masia - Homegrown Challenge

1. Barcelona - La Masia - Homegrown Challenge

Barcelona

Barcelona - La Masia - Homegrown Challenge-barca-badge.gif

So i havent had a story on here for a couple of months which is unlike me as for the past two or 3 years i have always had one on the go.
    Im really just waiting for FM 2015 come out now and feel as if i have done it all in terms of making mediocre clubs brilliant and buying all the obvious players so decided to mix it up a bit.
    So as mentioned in the title im going to play as Barcelona which will obviously be not that hard but the tricky bit will be not signing any players and trying to promote youth from within.
    PS - Im not using any updates so i still have Sanchez and Valdes and im without the likes of Rakitic, Suarez and ter Stegen which will probably make it a little harder.
    The biggest challenge i have found so far is with Valdes refusing a new deal my GK situation is going to be screwed next year but at least Pinto has signed a new deal.

Heres the current starting 11 and tactis with Messi injured at the start of the season.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F.C. Barcelona_ Tactics Overview.png
Views:	3840
Size:	560.3 KB
ID:	687337

Up next i will post screenshots of transfers out and the youngsters that will be key to our future,

2. Your stories are too good, As long as your GKP doesn't do dreadful and you lose & concede alot then You will get the talent through like you always do good luck mate.
    coolmcool likes this.

3. Well im bugerred for the moment as my little girl has been on my laptop and now my screenshots arent working! Any help would be much appreciated

4. hmmm couldn't tell you, google it ? lol

5. Right well im all fixed, my Laptop keyboard has all but stopped working so for the minute i have another keyboard plugged into it, im almost a season in to the save so will post a couple of updates on how im doing so far in a minute.

6. Barcelona

Transfer History

Name:	Barcelona_ Transfers Transfer History.png
Views:	2856
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	689476

So in January after being unable to sort out a contract with Valdes i had a little cheat to my rules and brought in German Keeper ter Stegen who in real life is now with the Spanish side anyway.
    Im hoping he will be my only transfer in but not having an even remotely good keeper would have really buggered me up, at a young age he should last for a long while.

Players Out

Well i sold Pedro to Chelsea for a massive £32Million which i suppose could be seen as a gamble but with an array of decent wingers i dont feel like he will be missed. I also let Adriano move for £10Million.
    Since these two deals though i have all but shut up shop for the foreseeable future as i dont want to leave myself short anywhere long term.

A shed load of players from the youth teams have also come into the first team squad including Striker Sandro, AMC Sergi Roberto and DC Sergi Gomez.

Name:	Sandro_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	2885
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	689470Click image for larger version

Name:	Sergi Roberto_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	2808
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	689473Click image for larger version

Name:	Sergi Gómez_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	2856
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	689474

Bartra and Montoya are all but mainstays in my back 4 now along with Pique and Alba whilst Sergi Roberto has impressed with the likes of Fabregas and Iniesta seeming a bit injury prone. Up next i will post how were getting on so far domestically then it will be monthly updates.
    AldoKemp-1 likes this.

7. Barcelona

End Of 1st Season

Spanish Super Cup Winners

Name:	F.C. Barcelona_ Fixtures Schedule.png
Views:	2693
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	689606

Spanish Cup Winners V Valencia

Name:	F.C. Barcelona_ Fixtures Schedule-3.png
Views:	2677
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	689607Click image for larger version

Name:	Barcelona v Valencia_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	2688
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	689609

Champions League

Name:	F.C. Barcelona_ Fixtures Schedule-2.png
Views:	2689
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	689605

We were doing so well but just fell apart in the second leg against Juventus like most of our last couple of months.

2nd In La Liga

Name:	LIGA BBVA_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	3277
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	689612

We were top for a large part of the season but completly fell apart in the second half after Christmas when other teams were strengthening. Our team had too many injuries and too many youngsters this season.

Look at the 1st Half of Results V 2nd Half Of Season Results.

Name:	F.C. Barcelona_ Fixtures Schedule-4.png
Views:	2648
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	689615Click image for larger version

Name:	F.C. Barcelona_ Fixtures Schedule-5.png
Views:	2645
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	689616

Player Stats

Name:	LIGA BBVA_ Stats Player.png
Views:	2693
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	689619

Best Player - Xavi

Name:	Xavi_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	3726
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	689621

Best Young Player - Marc Bartra

Name:	Marc Bartra_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	2767
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	689622

Best Youth Intake Prospect

Name:	Andreu Belenguer_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	2652
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	689623
    AldoKemp-1 likes this.

8. Barcelona

Summer 2014

Transfer History

Views:	2543
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	690448

So with Valdes refusing a new deal he echoed a supposed real life theory and moved on to Liverpool whist Afellay left for Bolton along with a load of youth players going on loan.
    The deal i was proper peeved about was Bartra joining PSG! I had only just named him my best young player before PSG nabbed on transfer deadline day without me even knowing about it!
    As im not buying anyone i didnt bother with transfer deadline day news updates and one click of the button was all it took for his unknown release clause to be activated his contract signed and the deal confirmed bugger!

Starting 11 and Tactic for New Season

Views:	4499
Size:	561.9 KB
ID:	690450

So the big step up will be for centre back Sergi Gomez as now that Bartra has left us hes all but a first choice player whilst Bojan will come back into the fold this season as i look to see who can be my main striker from Dongou, Sandro and Bojan.

Beat Real Madrid for Super Cup

Views:	2508
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	690452

So we manage to beat Real Madrid over two legs despite only bringing in one player over the last 3 transfer windows compared to them spending over £100Million on some surprising signings like Victor Moses and Lewis Holtby!

9. Barcelona

Aug-Oct - 2014

Fixtures

Views:	2435
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	690708

So it was a little bit of a dodgy start in the league with just 2 wins in our first 5 games but a tweak to personnel up front saw us smash 8 wins off in a row including winning all of our European games so far.

League Table

Views:	2454
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	690711

Dominant! 3 points clear and almost twice as many goals scored as Real Madrid in second place as were determined to not lose the Title like last season,

Player of The Aug-Oct - Lionel Messi (Obvs)

Name:	Lionel Messi_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	2497
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	690714

Youngster of the Aug-Oct - Cristian Tello

Name:	Cristian Tello_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	2463
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	690716

10. Looking good mate, i started a barcelona game and put them into hundreds of millions of debt and relegated them down about 3 divisions. basically built them up using the youth players. 5 seasons into it now and Sergi Gomez has been my Captain since the start he is a machine at centre half and Alex Grimaldo is a top class left back, also Sergi Samper is quality in my centre midfield
    coolmcool likes this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Pieface1790 View Post
    Looking good mate, i started a barcelona game and put them into hundreds of millions of debt and relegated them down about 3 divisions. basically built them up using the youth players. 5 seasons into it now and Sergi Gomez has been my Captain since the start he is a machine at centre half and Alex Grimaldo is a top class left back, also Sergi Samper is quality in my centre midfield
    Sounds interesting, Samper and Grimaldo have been on loan for me mainly so far but Sergi Gomez fell out with me about the club underachieving early on in the season and is currently rotting in the reserves, if he gets as good as he did with you i might have to try and reinstate him soon. Sergi Roberto has been my best performer out of the youngsters so far with Dongou and Sandro impressing upfront too.

12. Barcelona

Nov-Dec 2014

Fixtures

Views:	1173
Size:	319.5 KB
ID:	690890

9 wins out of 11 in the last couple of months with young striker Dongou coming into his own but he along with Alex Song will miss all of Janauary thanks to the African Cup of Nations but Sandro will be back from injury to hopefully fill his boots.

League Table

Views:	1212
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	690891

4 points clear and a massive goal difference between us and second placed Real Sociedad whilst Real Madrid sit down in 4th place.

Top Our Champions League Group

Name:	European Champions Cup_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1169
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	690892

Best Player So Far - Lionel Messi (DUH)

Views:	1258
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	690893

Best Young Player - Dongou

Name:	Jean-Marie Dongou_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1151
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	690894

Right so the next update will be the end of March and will include if anyone left in the Winter Transfer window and hopefully a better Youth Intake.

13. Barcelona

Jan-Mar - 2015

Winter Transfer Window

Views:	1161
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	690948

So 3 youngsters go out on loan with their playing time limited in the first team at the moment whilst Alexis Sanchez leaves for Man Utd for close to £40Million having not played much for us this season i decided to cash in whilst he was still worth the money.

Results

Views:	1160
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	690950

Were in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League, Spanish Cup Final and still top of the league but i hope were not getting Deja Vu from last season as we have let Real Madrid back into the title race with a couple of recent losses after winning so many games in a row in the turn of the year.

League Table

Views:	1122
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	690959

Best Player - Pique

Name:	Gerard Piqué_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1140
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	690960

Best Young Player - Deulofeu

Name:	Gerard Deulofeu_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1111
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	690961

Best Youth Intake Prospects

Name:	Iban Iribar_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1136
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	690962Click image for larger version

Name:	Diego_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1137
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	690964

14. Quote Originally Posted by coolmcool View Post
    Sounds interesting, Samper and Grimaldo have been on loan for me mainly so far but Sergi Gomez fell out with me about the club underachieving early on in the season and is currently rotting in the reserves, if he gets as good as he did with you i might have to try and reinstate him soon. Sergi Roberto has been my best performer out of the youngsters so far with Dongou and Sandro impressing upfront too.
    i unfortunatly had to sell Sandro and Dongou to clear the debt, but i have kept an eye on them both and they are looking like top players now, Sergi Roberto and me had a fall out he was my vice captain behind Gomez but refused to sign a new contract in the 3rd season i think even though we had back to back promotions (as you would expect), so he moved on.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Pieface1790 View Post
    i unfortunatly had to sell Sandro and Dongou to clear the debt, but i have kept an eye on them both and they are looking like top players now, Sergi Roberto and me had a fall out he was my vice captain behind Gomez but refused to sign a new contract in the 3rd season i think even though we had back to back promotions (as you would expect), so he moved on.
    Ah thats a shame Deulofeu has come on leaps and bounds for me this season but i guess you had to sell him too, I have also brought Bojan back into the fold and he has 10 plus goals so far this season.

16. Barcelona

End of Season 2015

Deulofeu Stars In 5-0 Spanish Cup Final V At Madrid

Name:	Barcelona v Atlético_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	1031
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	691664

Dominant Near End Of League Season

Views:	1138
Size:	362.8 KB
ID:	691666

Treble Complete With La Liga Win

Name:	Chris Tonkin_ News Inbox.png
Views:	1027
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	691668

Win League By 1 Point

Views:	1037
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	691671

League Player Stats

Views:	1180
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	691673

2-0 Win V PSG In Champions League Finals

Name:	Paris Saint-Germain v Barcelona_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	1008
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	691674

Quadruple Confirmed

Name:	Chris Tonkin_ News Inbox-2.png
Views:	1002
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	691676

Player of the Season - Lionel Messi

Views:	1020
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	691679

Young Player of the Season - Gerard Deulofeu

Views:	998
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	691681
    DTodd and hu like this.

17. Barcelona

Best Eleven From Quadruple Winning Season

Name:	Barcelona_ History Best Eleven.png
Views:	1051
Size:	433.2 KB
ID:	691763

So were only at the end of the second season and i already have 3 youngsters in Dongou, Roberto and Deulofeu playing major parts for us this season in winning trophies, Montoya is all but first choice RB as well whilst i will need to chose a long term replacement for Puyol as a player in his late thirties cant be playing as much as he has been this season.

18. Barcelona

August 2015

Starting 11 and Tactic For New Season

Name:	Barcelona v Levante_ Home Team Selection Overview.png
Views:	1074
Size:	520.0 KB
ID:	691766

Macky Bagnack is the young Centre back who has come back from being on loan last season and will have the job of taking over from Puyol.

Squad Is Full Of Homegrown Players Now

Name:	F.C. Barcelona_ Squad Players.png
Views:	1035
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	691767

Transfer History

Views:	984
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	691768

A load of youngsters go out on loan whilst the only squad player to leave permanently is Dos Santos who refused a new deal as a backup player.

5-3 Aggregate Win Over At Madrid In Spanish Super Cup

Views:	968
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	691769

Smash Arsenal 4-1 In European Super Cup

Name:	Arsenal v Barcelona_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	960
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	691771

So not bad as were already 2 trophies up in the first few days of the new season.

This could be a big last season for a few players as the likes of Mascherano, Xavi and Puyol only have 1 year left on their contracts and want well over 200k a week each to remain with the club!

19. Barcelona

Aug-Oct 2015

Results

Views:	1017
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	691781

14 wins out of 18 matches is definitly not a bad start but there have been a couple of poor results in there, I was pretty annoyed we beat At Madrid twice in the Super Cup but lost the more important fixture in the league along with losing to Valencia and getting destroyed by Dortmund as i probably rotated that little bit too much on the night.

League Table

Views:	992
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	691788

3 points clear at the top at this early stage of the season but Real Madrid have a game in hand, It was very important to get the win against Real but if we continue to slip up against some of the lesser teams we will be buggered,

Player Stats

Views:	976
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	691789

Best Player So Far - Andres Iniesta

Name:	Andrés Iniesta_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1441
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	691790

Best Young Player - Jean Marie Dongou

Name:	Jean-Marie Dongou_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	968
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	691792

20. Quote Originally Posted by coolmcool View Post
    Ah thats a shame Deulofeu has come on leaps and bounds for me this season but i guess you had to sell him too, I have also brought Bojan back into the fold and he has 10 plus goals so far this season.
    I had deulofeu for a season and he was unreal, so when the big clubs came knocking i had to let go, but a nice £30 mill transfer fund from arsenal softened the blow

21. Barcelona

Oct - Dec 2015

Injuries Galore For My Threadbare Side

Name:	Villarreal v Barcelona_ Away Team Selection Overview.png
Views:	1242
Size:	523.5 KB
ID:	692170

Missing the likes of Iniesta, Messi, Pique and Fabregas and not long after i lost Ter Stegen and Deulofeu too!

Scrape Through Our Champions League Group

Views:	1126
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	692172

At Least We Pick Up Another Trophy V Fluminese

Name:	Fluminense v Barcelona_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	1114
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	692175

Results

Views:	1152
Size:	312.2 KB
ID:	692176

So we went on a 5 match winless run before some of our players started to come back from injury and the fixtures were kinder to us against some easier teams. Our backup keeper has 1 star potential rating and conceded 12 goals in 7 games!

League Table

Views:	1135
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	692179

The league is out of our reach after that poor injury hit run but im sure we can get back up to second after we play our games in hand.

Player Stats

Views:	1105
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	692182

22. Barcelona

Jan-March 2016

Results

Views:	1424
Size:	362.1 KB
ID:	692187

Our form has been all over the place with the likes of Neymar missing several months this season and on average 8 players unavailable per matchday but after the 3 losses to Real Madrid in a row i changed up the tactic and it paid off for a while as we rattled off 7 wins in a row before Man City comfortably beat us to bring us back down to earth.

League Table

Name:	LIGA BBVA_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	1179
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	692189

So the league is all but lost and we go from last season of winning the Quadruple to winning the smaller cups of the European Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup and Club World Championship.

Player Stats

Name:	LIGA BBVA_ Stats Player-2.png
Views:	1104
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	692191

My only decent youth intake player looks a bit good and he has the same name as our Major Rivals Legendary player Raul!

Name:	Raúl_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1096
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	692192

And he scored on his debut, my main aim now is to get him to play as many games as possible,

Name:	Chris Tonkin_ News Inbox.png
Views:	1080
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	692195
    mbaudrier likes this.

23. Nice story mate.

I will definetely follow it in the following weeks.

I just don't get why players as Neymar, Mascherano, Alba, Ter Stegen, Alex Song and DAlves are still in your club eventhough they are not homegrown...?

I hope you'll win the title back !

24. Quote Originally Posted by mbaudrier View Post
    Nice story mate.

I will definetely follow it in the following weeks.

I just don't get why players as Neymar, Mascherano, Alba, Ter Stegen, Alex Song and DAlves are still in your club eventhough they are not homegrown...?

I hope you'll win the title back !
    Well its more about not signing anyone and bringing the youth through, if i got rid of all of them straight away i would have been screwed and got fired, Song, Alves and Mascherano all have their contracts up at the end of the season anyway and i dont think will be renewed so it will be down to just 3 out of a 25 man squad.

25. Barcelona

March - May 2016

Results

Views:	980
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	693302

We went on a good little winning run as i used my full squad once the title was lost to us and a lot of the fringe players didnt disappoint until the last couple of matches, youngster Raul managed to get another couple of goals too, 3 goals and 2 assists in 7 games isnt bad for a youngster.

League Table

Views:	918
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	693305

Player Stats

Views:	931
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	693307

Player of the Year - Neymar

Name:	Neymar_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1424
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	693309

Young Player of the Year - Gerard Deulofeu

Views:	915
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	693310

26. Barcelona

August 2016

Starting 11 and Tactic For New Season

Name:	Barcelona v Racing_ Home Team Selection Overview.png
Views:	947
Size:	524.3 KB
ID:	693361

Transfer History

Views:	883
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	693363

Mascherano leaves on a free whilst Bojan and Cuenca leave for small fees.

Youngsters With Potential In The 1st Team Squad

Views:	888
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	693366Click image for larger version

Name:	Diego_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	875
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	693367Click image for larger version

Name:	Andreu Belenguer_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	892
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	693370

27. Barcelona

August - December 2016

Results

Views:	925
Size:	391.0 KB
ID:	693373Click image for larger version

Views:	879
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	693376

An amazing start to the new season sees us win 21 out of our first 24 games whilst only drawing the other 3 meaning an impressive unbeaten start to the season. Rotation has been key with a lot of the youngsters getting more game time and less injuries hitting us compared to last season.

Champions League Group

Views:	868
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	693377

League Table

Views:	882
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	693379

6 points clear but Real Madrid do have a game in hand but our goal difference is incredible! Whilst we are into our 4th season of no money spent Real Madrid spent £106Million this Summer and we are still above them.

Player Stats

Views:	867
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	693381

Player of the Year So Far - Neymar

Name:	Neymar_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	868
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	693382

Young Player of the Year So Far - Gerard Deulofeu

Views:	856
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	693384

28. loving this series keep it going
    coolmcool likes this.

29. What is your financial status like? I'd imagine with selling a few of the better players early on, older players with hefty salaries leaving and not spending any money your balance is looking fairly healthy?

30. Quote Originally Posted by dalunzroom View Post
    What is your financial status like? I'd imagine with selling a few of the better players early on, older players with hefty salaries leaving and not spending any money your balance is looking fairly healthy?
    Its not massive, around £100Million, we still have a couple of loans to pay offand Messi is on crazy money whilst the likes of Iniesta, Pique, Neymar and Fabregas are on over 200k a week the younger players coming through are not on such mental money but it may still be a while before we see that benefit, Overall wages and bonuses cost £248Million last year!

31. So im almost halfway through the 2018 season around 2 years ahead of my last post and since then i have won 2 Spanish Super Cups, 2 La Liga's and a Spanish Cup.
    I have recently taken charge of the National team and the likes of Iniesta and Fabregas moving on.

Heres My Current Best Starting 11 and Tactic

Views:	1080
Size:	567.0 KB
ID:	695334

My best couple of prospects who are getting game time are Raul and Iribar a striker and a left back

Views:	1009
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	695337Click image for larger version

Name:	Iban Iribar_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1004
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	695338

Raul already has 29 goals in 56 league games and is only 18! Could he be even better than the Raul from Real?

32. Looking really good this, Raul could probably beat Messi's records?

33. Quote Originally Posted by Shaun98EFC View Post
    Looking really good this, Raul could probably beat Messi's records?
    Hes doing well but Messi is still amazing for me and only 31! Hes probably got at least 5 more years in him and last season scored 60 goals in 54 games and 27 assists!
    Shaun98EFC likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO