Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By davegutt0512

A Career In Football

1. A Career In Football

A Career In Football

As Fm2015 has arrived I have decided to embark on a challenge that I took it Fm2013 but failed at last year.

I will try to recreate a real life version of the career path of a modern day manager.

I will start unemployed with NO past experience and NO playing experience and set off on a journey to try and succeed in the English game.

My eventual aims will be as follows;

1.Win the title in all 6 tiers of English football
    2.Win FA Cup
    3. Win League Cup
    4.Win FA Trophy
    5. Win Johnstones Paint Trophy
    6. Win Europa League
    7.Win Champions League
    8.Win Club World Cup
    9.Win the Treble
    10. Achieve to spot on Hall Of Fame

Hope you can all get on board with this story and follow, any comments would be appreciated!

Im in it for the Long Haul!

2. good luck mate

3. You are in it for the long haul indeed , good luck.

4. Appointed as Manager of......

A Career In Football-hyde.jpg

So I begin this journey at Vanarama Conference North team Hyde Town FC

Hyde found themselves relegated from the Conference premier last season and with a lot of players leaving there is a rebuilding job needs doing, Hyde are predicted for a mid-table finish this season, lets see what we can achieve.

Pre-Season

Holywell 2 - 4 Hyde
    (Almond, Walker (3))

Colne 2 - 6 Hyde
    (O'Connor, McQuade, Poole, Gray(3))

Brickfield 2 - 5 Hyde
    (Almond, Tames (3), Poole)

So Pre-season was short but sweet however playing against weaker teams, We look good in front of goal scoring 15 in 3 games with 3 different strikers bagging hat tricks.

Transfers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 11.15.02.png
Views:	1442
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	696645

Not too eventful as a transfer window, bringing in 3 players that will provide depth to a small squad.

5. August

Hyde 2 - 4 Oxford City
    (Poole (2))

North Ferriby 1 - 5 Hyde
    (O'Connor, Tames (4))

Barrow 1 - 3 Hyde
    (Poole (2), Tames)

Hyde 4 - 6 Colwyn Bay
    (Kelly (2), Almond, Tames)

Bradford PA 1 - 6 Hyde
    (Tames (3), Almond, Kelly, O'Connor)

Hyde 3 - 2 Tamworth
    (Poole (2), Almond)

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 14.23.26.png
Views:	1436
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	696781

After a really positive month we are sitting 5th in the league, we had some really good wins aswel as a couple of disappointing defeats, the is definitely some work to do defensively we are shipping far too many goals however currently getting away with it scoring 23 in 6 games.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 14.23.42.png
Views:	1516
Size:	439.7 KB
ID:	696783

Had quite a few players play really well this month however, player of the month award has to go to Tames, scoring 9 goals in 5 games with an average rating of 8.28, hopefully he can continue this form.

6. Looks good, I will follow!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

7. September

Gloucester 2 - 2 Hyde
    (Gray(2))

Hyde 2 - 0 Hednesford
    (Poole, Almond)

Brackley 2 - 3 Hyde
    (Tames (2), Watson)

Hyde 2 - 3 Lowestoft
    (Tames (2))

Hyde 7 - 3 Redditch
    FA Cup 2nd Qual
    (Tames(2), Almond, Kelly, O'Connor, Gray, Hughes

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 18.13.17.png
Views:	1466
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	696865

So another good month with only 1 loss helps establish ourselves as top of the table contenders, Tames continues his fine form scoring goals and plenty of goals from the midfield coming too, the defence has improved but there is still some work to do and hopefully if we can sure up at the back we can mount a serious challenge for the league, early days yet however.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 18.13.43.png
Views:	1394
Size:	436.6 KB
ID:	696867

Tames has continued his fine form scoring another 7 goals this month, he has tallied up 15 in 10 games now and really has been the catalyst behind a great start to the season.

8. Good story so far will follow this

9. Don't usually post on here but was interested in this as i've found myself in pretty much exactly the same situation. Started off unemployed (no objective in mind), applied for a few jobs, was unsuccessful, then the hyde job came up.

First thing I noticed was the complete lack of any centre midfielders and one senior goalkeeper who is on loan. Tames definitely looks like the best out of the bunch of strikers!

10. Yes the depth in those areas is pure awful, I managed to bring in a poor keeper, and one cm but I guess that's all I can hope for when I had a wage budget of £4 available lol, saying that I seem to be doing better than I expected, I'll have an update up later this afternoon, good luck with Hyde!

11. im doing a similar game to this but didnt start unmanaged started with Gloucester City as there the lowest value club in the bottom league, its going well so far made the play offs first season mainly down to a CB i signed call Charlie Ward, he is a brick wall!! but also i did overspend on wages a bit my team was terrible so had to get some players in

12. Might have a look at him then, defensively were pretty awful but scoring 4 or 5 goals most games so we're winning games, just don't think I can keep scoring that many goals all season.

13. i think you will be able to, theyve made this league closer to the sunday league than conference i think! in my 42 games i scored 103 goals conceded 82 but 47 of them were after 20 games and before i signed ward so he certainly helped steady it a bit! im trying to put it down to the poor ratings of the players that theres so many goals in the games will see how it gos as i get higher up the leagues

14. October

Leamington 0 - 1 Hyde
    (Poole)

Hyde 3 - 0 Chorley
    (Poole (2), Gray)

Hyde 5 - 3 Trafford
    FA Cup 3rd Qual
    (Hughes (2), Brizall, Gray, Tames)

Boston 3 - 3 Hyde
    (Poole (2), Tames)

Hyde 3 - 1 North Ferriby
    FA Cup 4th Qual
    (Tames (2), Hughes)

Hyde 5 - 4 Worcester
    (Poole, Hughes, Gray, Tames, Walker)

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 16.48.26.png
Views:	747
Size:	315.3 KB
ID:	697825

So after an unbeaten month we finished it by sitting top of the league and qualifying for FA Cup 1st round proper, getting a home draw against Alfreton, We played really well this month, we still conceded far too many goals than I would have liked however whilst we are scoring this many goals we continue to get away with it

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 16.48.51.png
Views:	753
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	697828

David Poole my summer signing has played incredibly well since fitting into the side on the right wing scoring 12 goals and getting 11 assists in 17 games, most of which game in this months games.

15. November

Hyde 2 - 2 Solihull
    (Hughes, Tames)

Hyde 2 - 5 Alfreton
    FA Cup 1st Round
    (Poole, Hughes)

Harrogate 7 - 5 Hyde
    (Gray (2), Tames (2), Poole)

Hyde 5 - 2 Gainsbororgh
    (Poole, Hughes (3), Tames)

Chorley 2 - 2 Hyde
    (Kelly, Hughes)

Newcastle Town 2 - 3 Hyde
    FA Trophy 3rd Qual
    (Tames (2), Poole)

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 16.01.39.png
Views:	624
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	698671

So we finish the month 5th in the table but we do have games in hand on all teams other than Solihull, after our early month draw against them and another loss they can go 5 points in front depending on their results. After drawing Alfreton in the FA Cup we didn't manage to progress any further in the competition and now our focus turns to consolidating out playoff position and try to get a good run in the FA Trophy.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 16.02.05.png
Views:	640
Size:	442.2 KB
ID:	698672

For the 3rd time in 4 months Tames gets the award but he is still averaging more than a goal a game and being in that kind of form its very difficult to pick anyone else out.

16. December

Hyde 5 - 1 Leamington
    (Poole, Hughes (2), Tames, Gray)

Gloucester 2 - 1 Hyde
    FA Trophy 1st Round
    (Tames)

Oxford City 2 - 1 Hyde
    (Chilvers)

Hyde 5 - 3 Stalybridge
    (O'Connor, Poole, Walker, Tames, Graham OG)

Colwyn Bay 3 - 7 Hyde
    (Watson, Poole (2), Walker (2), Gray, Haywood OG)

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 18.04.34.png
Views:	597
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	698726

Sitting top of the league going into the new year, and despite dropping points this month the teams around us seem to have dropped more than us, We were knocked out of the FA Trophy which is disappointing as I was hoping for a good run in the cup, Tames picked up an injury in the last game of the month and will be missing for up to 6 weeks so his goals will be a big miss but hopefully someone else can get on the end of some goals in his absence.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 17.33.24.png
Views:	593
Size:	452.8 KB
ID:	698729

David Poole continues his great from into this month picking up even more goals and assists, he now had a total of 20 goals and 23 assists in just 27 games, a great record for someone who came to the club on a free transfer, he has fitted in perfectly.

17. January

Stalybridge 3 - 6 Hyde
    (O'Connor, Giverin, Hughes (2), Walker, Gray)

Hyde 6 - 0 Barrow
    (Poole (2), Gray (3), Walker)

Lowestoft 2 - 0 Hyde

Hyde 2 - 2 Solihull
    (Hughes, Taundry OG)

Hyde 2 - 1 Gloucester
    (Hughes, Tames)

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 19.32.10.png
Views:	578
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	698757

Still sitting at the top of the table and gone past the half way stage of the season now so the expected mid table finish is more or less achieved and I am definitely looking at winning the league now, We picked up a few good wins, a good comeback against top of the table challengers Solihull to keep them chasing us.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 19.32.36.png
Views:	605
Size:	449.1 KB
ID:	698758

Hughes has been great this month and is only the 3rd individual player to win the award this season, after our important player almond picked up a long term injury, he has scored 18 and assisted as many in 24 games, Almond will be hard pushed getting his spot in the team back.

18. February

Hyde 3 - 4 Boston
    (O'Connor, Giverin, Hughes)

Guiseley 2 - 1 Hyde
    (Tames)

Stockport 2 - 0 Hyde

Hyde 5 - 2 Fylde
    (Hughes, Gray (3), Tames)

Gainsbourgh 1 - 2 Hyde
    (Tames (2))

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 10.39.02.png
Views:	518
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	699553

We started the month really badly losing 3 games on the run, we managed to finish the month on top of the league again however Tamworth have a game in hand now, we have put ourselves behind with the 3 defeats at the start of the season. Hopefully we can put that behind us and have a decent run to the end of the season, with 9 games to go I hope to secure the league title, meeting Tamworth on the last day of the season.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 10.39.33.png
Views:	523
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	699555

Walker stepped in to the squad when Tames picked up his injury and he managed to score 7 goals in 5 games throughout January/february.

19. March

Hyde 2 - 0 Guiseley
    (Hughes, Tames)

Hyde 2 - 2 Harrogate
    (Chilvers, Tames)

Fylde 1 - 3 Hyde
    (O'Connor, Gray, Tames)

Hyde 1 - 2 Stockport
    (Giverin)

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 21.25.19.png
Views:	455
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	700525

So we still sit top of the table despite dropping points again this month but luckily for us Tamworth dropped points every time we did, with 5 games to go in the season hopefully we can pouch on but it looks like the last game of the season against Tamworth will be crucial to wether I pick up silverware in the first season.

I was offered a new contract this month for the good form which I accepted however I will look at what we do come the end of the season before i decide where my future lies.

Youth Recruitment this month was pretty awful but then again thats what to you expect from a team at this level, only one player kind od stood out from the rest and he was put straight into the senior squad and has made a couple of substitute apps.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 10.23.03.png
Views:	495
Size:	454.5 KB
ID:	700528

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 21.25.48.png
Views:	468
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	700531

O'Connor played really well this month in the heart of our defence, if it wasn't for him I think we would have dropped more points this month as we weren't our usual free scoring selves.
    Tezzz and SwiftNG like this.

20. Keep it up mate going well. You'll get headhunted soon though will you move on or stay?

21. Undecided, I think if another club comes in the conference then i will be tempted, I think if i take Hyde up I will really struggle, there is no money and the squad seriously lacks depth, I have been lucky that i haven't received many injuries this year.

22. April

Hednesford 3 - 2 Hyde
    (Hughes, Walker)

Hyde 2 - 4 Bradford PA
    (Poole, Hughes)

Worcester 5 - 2 Hyde
    (Hughes, Walker)

Hyde 8 - 4 Brackley
    (Tames (3), Hughes (2), Gray, Poole, Sharpe OG)

Tamworth 7 - 4 Hyde
    (Walker (2), Gray, Almond)

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 16.54.46.png
Views:	333
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	703179

So as you can see by the final position in the table and the fixtures this month we really messed up a great opportunity to win the league however we only picked up 3 points out of the last 18 causing us to finish a big 10 points off the pace after sitting top all season. We finished 3rd eventually will still gives us an opportunity of the playoffs but it just comes down to a lottery now.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 17.01.13.png
Views:	319
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	703181

So thats how the playoff semi finals have panned out, we have played Solihull twice this year, scraping two 2-2 draws so I am not hugely confident.

23. Playoffs & End Of Season Review

Hyde 0 - 2 Solihull

Solihull 3 - 2 Hyde
    (Tames, O'Connor)

So we go crashing out of the playoffs and won't be getting promoted this season, I know we finished far above expectations this year but I am extremely disappointed in the fact that it all went wrong in the last 2 months, Our small squad didn't help as we picked up a few more injuries, but the players stopped performing simply, disappointing all round.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 17.22.28.png
Views:	313
Size:	337.3 KB
ID:	703188

Again the final season league table is disappointing to look at.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 17.22.54.png
Views:	323
Size:	444.3 KB
ID:	703191

Player of the season has to be Tames he scored 41 goals in 44 apps and finished the season with the Top Scorers award.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 17.23.26.png
Views:	321
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	703194

So our players finish top of the charts, Hughes is also favourite to win League Player of the Year.

So my first season in management comes to an end and it has been a mixed bag, started brilliantly and ended in heartache.
    I feel I will really stubble with Hyde next season as most of the players are leaving without me being able to tie up new contracts for any of them. Unless investment comes I might be looking at the job centre.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO