Like Tree1342Likes

Life After Depor...

1. Life After Depor...

Prelude

For a while now I have been wanting to start a story using my beloved Deportivo la Coruna. My problem, however, is that I often find myself getting bored when restricted to staying with the one club, even if it is one I love, not to mention what would I do if I got fired from that club? The story would have to end!

It seemed like a dead end but then I read this Jamie Carragher - A Managers Story & found my inspiration.

If I cant do a story about Deportivo the club why not do a little role playing, assume the role of a club legend & take his career into the next phase?

Perfect! But who?

I thought about the team that took Deportivo to their first & only title back in 1999/2000. Diego Tristan? Roy Makaay? No, both were only at the club a few years, important players but not club legends. Juan Carlos Valeron? He was definitely around long enough but he just didn't strike me as management material. Then it hit me, it could only be one person.....
    who I will name later.

For this save I will be using LFC Marshall's latest update, starting unemployed as an international footballer with NO badges & wont be applying for any jobs before the January window so that my chosen legend can at least have a little break before jumping back into football.

For anyone that has been following Get It India! don't worry I am not giving up or moving on, my goal is still to keep it running from Beta till FM16. I will be doing both stories, switching back & forth depending on my mood.

Hope you all enjoy!
    Last edited by Lippo255; 10/02/2015 at 05:08 AM.

2. glad to see this trend continueing.

I feel bad for your india save. you never seem to make any real progress tword your end goal no matter how sucessful you are.
    Lippo255 likes this.

3. Manuel Pablo Retires

Life After Depor...-20130211dasdasftb_65.jpg

"After talking it over with my family, friends & coaching staff here at Deportivo I have decided that the time has come for me to retire. I would like to thank all the club, the staff & all fans who have supported me through out the years.'

Reporter: "What bought you to this decision? Why now?

"After struggling through pre-season I just felt like my body would not hold up to the riggers of a long La Liga campaign. I have always given my heart & soul for this team, to be capable of giving any less would be unacceptable to me."

"What does the future hold for Manuel Pablo?"

"Well I'm going to start by taking a little time away from the game, not too long, but after that I would very much like to get involved in management. I have spoken with Victor Fernandez & he has assured me that there will always be a place here for me but when I asked him to quit so I could take over as manager he just laughed!

"Who knows where I might turn up, hopefully one day I will be successful & return to the club I love as manager but we will have to wait & see."

Manuel Pablo, A brief biography.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 7830
Size:  15.7 KBBorn in Arucas, Las Palmas, Manuel Pablo was only 22 when he joined Deportivo de La Coruña from hometown's UD Las Palmas in the summer of 1998. He made his La Liga debut on 15 November 1998 in a 2–2 home draw against Deportivo Alavés, but faced serious competition from Armando Álvarez in his first season, appearing in just 14 league matches.

Pablo played 74 games from 1999 to 2001, and was a vital part of ''Depor'''s defence as the Galicians were crowned La Liga champions in 2000 for the first time in their history. His performances earned him a debut with the Spanish national team on 16 August 2000, in a 1–4 away defeat to Germany.

In his fourth season at A Coruña, disaster struck: on 30 September 2001, Manuel Pablo sustained an horrific tibia injury during the Galician derby against Celta de Vigo, in a televised match, after an unlucky tackle by Everton Giovanella, he missed the rest of the campaign.

One year later Pablo returned, playing the full 90 minutes against CD Corralejo in a Copa del Rey & On 6 October 2002 he was handed his league return by coach Javier Irureta, coming out as a late substitute in the 0–2 home loss against Racing de Santander.

In the 2003–04 La Liga closing stages Manuel Pablo proved he was fully recovered, as displayed in an excellent individual display on 7 April 2004 in a 4–0 second leg 2003–04 UEFA Champions League quarterfinal crushing of A.C. Milan. From then onwards, he was the undisputed right-back at Estadio Riazor (although he faced stiff competition from Álvaro Arbeloa in the 2006–07 La Liga campaign until the latter departed for Liverpool F.C. in January 2007).

In the following two seasons Pablo remained first-choice at his position, although he was challenged by younger Laure in 2008–09.

Recent years have seen the Depor stalwart take a back seat to younger players such as the aforementioned Laure however, he remained an important part of Deportivo's defence & will be sadly missed in the dressing room.

Last edited by Lippo255; 20/04/2015 at 03:56 AM.

4. January 1st 2015

Manuel certainly enjoyed his time away from the game however, it occurred to him that when you find yourself challenging Spiderman to a hard core dance off on the streets of Tokyo, perhaps you have a little too much time on your hands.

Life After Depor...-spiderman_breakdancing.png

So it was time to get back to reality & start the next phase of his career. After whipping up a quick resume it was time to hit the want adds.

Name:  2015-02-10_00004.jpg
Views: 7683
Size:  15.0 KB
    Life After Depor...-2015-02-10_00001.jpg

Unfortunately Manuel was to find no available jobs in his native Spain, however he did notice a few opportunities to begin his management career in England.

Life After Depor...-2015-02-10_00003.jpg

He decided the Premier League may be a bit out of reach for a Spaniard who is yet to complete any coaching courses so immediately ruled out applying for the Stoke position.

The Championship was perhaps an option with Middlesbrough, Cardiff & Wolves all looking for a new boss however, the chances of him landing one of those jobs would be slim considering the fierce competition for employment in England.

He finally decided that his best chance of landing a job would be in League 1, preferring the Bradford or Notts County positions but applying for the Doncaster role just in case.

He also applied for the Rizespor position, in the Turkisk top flight, on the off chance of landing a top division job to begin his career.

There is nothing left to do now but sit back & hope for a phone call.

5. Good luck with this mate! will follow this!
    Lippo255 likes this.

6. Looking good mate!! Good luck!
    Lippo255 likes this.

7. Love this idea, will definitely be following!
    Lippo255 likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by AdamG23 View Post
    Love this idea, will definitely be following!
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesScott2908 View Post
    Looking good mate!! Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamPeters View Post
    Good luck with this mate! will follow this!
    Thank you all! Your support is much appreciated!
    Last edited by Lippo255; 22/11/2015 at 01:49 AM.

9. Look's like a good start! Didn't follow the other story as I'm not the biggest fan of the small leagues etc, but akways tried to because I liked the layout and presentation of the story, I can see myself enjoying this! Nice to see you got the inspiration from my story too!
    Lippo255 likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by xJamieWilliams View Post
    Look's like a good start! Didn't follow the other story as I'm not the biggest fan of the small leagues etc, but akways tried to because I liked the layout and presentation of the story, I can see myself enjoying this! Nice to see you got the inspiration from my story too!
    Cheers mate, I intend to have a bit of fun with it so hopefully it will be an enjoyable read!
    xJamieWilliams likes this.

11. Life After Depor...-sky-sports-news-logo-1.png

Notts County Hire Manuel Pablo

Life After Depor...-nottshirepablo.png

Relegation threatened Notts County have today unveiled former Deportivo la Coruna player, & first time manager, Manuel Pablo (36) as their new boss. The Spaniard is facing a baptism of fire with the Magpies sitting in 20th position, just one point above the relegation zone, with fans already questioning the logic of appointing such an inexperienced manager.

For his part the former Spanish international seemed calm & confident when asked about his new role.

"I am no stranger to the threat of relegation & have complete confidence, not only in my own ability, but in that of our squad. We will not be going down!" He quipped with a rye smile.

Manuel Pablo's first game in charge will be a 6 pointer against fellow League 1 strugglers Bristol City (19th) on the 10th of January.

Last edited by Lippo255; 19/02/2015 at 06:55 PM.

12. How can I not follow this when your India story was such a joy to read. Looking forward to see this unfold mate
    Lippo255 likes this.

13. This'll be fun.
    Lippo255 likes this.

14. Quote Originally Posted by DeanHehe View Post
    This'll be fun.
    Lets hope so

Updates my be sparse for the moment, am on holidays with the family so game time is hard to come by

15. Name:  20140422171736!Notts_County_Logo.png
Views: 3343
Size:  61.1 KB

Club Overview

Facilities

Click image for larger version

Name:	nottscounty_aerial2.jpg
Views:	3481
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	771967 * Home Ground: Meadow Lane, Capacity - 20300

* Rent - 15k P/A

* Training Facilities - Average

* Youth Facilities - Adequate

* Corporate Facilities - Average

* Junior Coaching - Adequate

* Youth Recruitment - Average

Honours & Records

Name:  2015-02-14_00001.jpg
Views: 3306
Size:  19.1 KB

Player Records

* Most League Appearances - Albert Iremonger, 564.

* Top League Goalscorer - Tom Keetley, 39 (1930/31)

* Fastest Goal - Barrie Jones, 6 seconds

* Youngest Player - Jermaine Pennant, 15 years 352 days

Life After Depor...-jermaine-pennant_1896210c.jpg

* Oldest Player - Gary Jones, 37 years 218 days

Team Records

* Highest Attendance - 47,310 vs York 1955

* Biggest Win - 15-0 vs Rotherham 1985

* Biggest Defeat - 9-1 vs Portsmouth 1927

* Highest League Position - 3rd in the Premier Division

* Lowest League Position - 21st in League 2

* Highest Fee Paid - 1,000,000 For Kasper Schmiechel, 2009

Life After Depor...-kasper-schmeichel-431277.jpg

* Highest Fee Received - 2,500,000 - Craig Short to Derby, 1992

16. Name:  20140422171736!Notts_County_Logo.png
Views: 3250
Size:  61.1 KB

Squad Overview

Name:	2015-02-14_00005.jpg
Views:	3287
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	772703

Name:	2015-02-14_00006.jpg
Views:	3297
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	772706

Initial Thoughts

Manuel was to be greeted by an aging squad in desperate need of rejuvenation.

Having been involved in relegation battles himself he understood the need for some experienced heads around the place, however he also knew that there would be no substitute for the enthusiasm that having some exciting youngsters would bring.

Like anything in football the key is to get the balance right & that was to be the first challenge of his new career.

Having inherited a club already over its wage budget & receiving just a 230k transfer budget mass changes were out of the question so it was time to have a closer look at what he had to work with.

Veterans

Hayden Mullins

Name:	2015-02-15_00005.jpg
Views:	3295
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	772723

The current Notts County captain has a wealth of experience both in the Championship & Premier League. At 35 he is past his prime but his leadership may prove invaluable to a side struggling against the drop.

Roy Carroll

Name:	2015-02-15_00004.jpg
Views:	3294
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	772724

Another guy with a wealth of experience, not only in England, but from all around Europe. 37 but its not uncommon for a keeper to play at a high level well into his 40's so could still be an important player.

Youngsters

Blair Adams

Name:	2015-02-15_00006.jpg
Views:	3290
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	772733

23 year old LB Blair Adams looks to be the best of the younger brigade. Not spectacular in any area but a solid all rounder who would not look out of place higher up the divisions.

Jeremy Balmy

Name:	2015-02-15_00007.jpg
Views:	3413
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	772739

The young Frenchman looks to be very raw but with a little development could prove to be an important player for Manuel. He has electric pace but his work rate & technical attributes will need to improve if he is to play a regular role in the Spaniards plans.

P.S. - Apologies for the misaligned squad list, I obviously have cropped them differently. It is pissing me off but not enough to try fix it lol

Last edited by Lippo255; 14/02/2015 at 09:22 PM.

17. Click image for larger version

Name:	BristolVsNotts.png
Views:	3253
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	773639

Bristol City 2 - Notts County 1

P.O.M. - Kieran Agard (Bristol City)

Name:  ManuelsMusings.png
Views: 3271
Size:  147.0 KBManuel's Musing's

"An absolutely terrible performance. Despite the score line we were played off the park for most of the game & were very lucky to get as close as we did.

Its obvious the guys are lacking confidence, everything they did was slow & tentative, far too predictable.

Its going to be a long road rebuilding not only the team but the belief & confidence of the players. Relegation is going to be a real threat if we don't improve QUICKLY!"

Last edited by Lippo255; 16/02/2015 at 05:06 AM.

18. Ok, so have spent most of the day fidgeting with the layout on the above post & think i am now reasonably happy with it. Am planning on doing monthly updates with a Manuel's Monthly Musings at the end of each month.

So what does everyone think? A few brief match reports like above followed by Manuels thoughts on what has happened at the end, Ok? Just want this to have a different feel to my other story.
    Last edited by Lippo255; 16/02/2015 at 05:15 AM.

19. Click image for larger version

Name:	Spiesstonorwich.jpg
Views:	3257
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	774588

Norwich Sign Spiess

Norwich City have completed the signing of 20 year old goalkeeper Fabian Spiess from Notts County. The Canaries are thought to have paid a fee of 1,000,000 pounds for the youngster who was apparently deemed expendable by new boss Manuel Pablo.

Spiess turned down both Manchester City & Everton to join the Canaries.

Life After Depor...-manuel-pablo-taxista_mdsvid20100305_0019_3.jpg
    Manuel Pablo sez: "A cool mil for Spiess? Obviously English clubs have to much cash on their hands!!!"

20. Love it!
    Lippo255 likes this.

21. Life After Depor...-sky-sports-news-logo-1.png

Birighitti Rejects Magpies

Life After Depor...-mark-birighitti-league-rd-22-newcastle-v-melbourne-3fre48q3v62l.jpg

Notts County boss Manuel Pablo's plan to replace 1 million pound Norwich signing Fabian Spiess with Aussie keeper Mark Birighitti has fallen at the final hurdle with the Australian choosing to re-sign with Newcastle Jets.

The Magpies are believed to have had a 230k bid for the 23 year old keeper accepted & had been confident of securing his signature after successful contract negotiations however Birighitti has today announced he will be staying with the Jets & has extended his contract until 2017.

With the end of the January window fast approaching time is running out for the Spaniard to strengthen his squad for the tough relegation battle ahead.

Last edited by Lippo255; 17/02/2015 at 09:52 PM.

22. Life After Depor...-eero.jpg

Notts Land MASSIVE Signing

Pun definitely intended today as Notts County have announced the signing of 197cm Finnish striker Eero Markkanen. The 23 year old arrives from Real Madrid for a reported fee of 295K with Magpie fans hoping the giant Finn's impact on the pitch can match his enormous presence off it.

Name:  Holycrap.jpg
Views: 2456
Size:  14.7 KB
    Manuel Pablo sez: "Holy crap! Who planted the magic beans?!?!"
    Last edited by Lippo255; 19/02/2015 at 09:00 PM.
    Znik, Dokara, Enrico Pucci and 3 others like this.

23. Unfortunate loss mate. Love the storytelling so keep it going
    Lippo255 likes this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Hireax View Post
    Unfortunate loss mate. Love the storytelling so keep it going
    Thanks mate, will be on the road most of today so not sure if I will get the January update done late this arvo or early tomorrow morning but once i'm back home have 3 full days of FMing before i have to go back to work

25. January 2015

Life After Depor...-nottsvscrewe.png
    Notts Co. 1 - Crewe 1
    Created enough chances to win 3 games, only put 1 away & got punished by the softest penalty ever awarded.

P.O.M. - James Jones (Crewe)

Life After Depor...-nottsvspeterborough.png
    Notts Co. 2 - Peterborough 2
    Took an early lead before letting 2 in. Fought back in the end to snatch a point.

P.O.M. - Michael Bostwick (Peterborough)

Life After Depor...-oldhamvsnotts.png
    Oldham 0 - Notts Co. 3
    The perfect display of counter attacking football. Didn't see a lot of the ball but tore them apart when we did.

P.O.M. - Hayden White (Notts)

Views: 2418
Size:  147.0 KB
    Manuel's Monthly Musing's

"Not the worst month to start. Not the best though either. A loss, 2 draws & a win gives us 5 points from a possible 12. Its enough to keep us out of the relegation spots but not by much.

The Oldham result was definitely the highlight however the boys also played very well against Crewe. The loss to Bristol was disappointing but it was always going to be a tough ask to turn the team around in 2 days.

Very happy with our limited transfer dealings thus far (still 2 days to make a last ditch play or 2). To get a million pounds for Spiess was incredible considering his value was listed at 51k!!! While Eero Markkanen should prove to be good value for money at 300k.

Am still weighing up a move for a veteran English midfielder who I think would be sensational for us but the Markkanen deal has put us back over our wage budget so it will be dependant on me off loading some more players."

Name:	2015-02-20_00004.jpg
Views:	2396
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	776890

February Fixtures

Name:	2015-02-20_00005.jpg
Views:	2398
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	776893

February could be the perfect chance to get clear of the relegation zone. Only Leyton Orient (4th) are in the top half while Chesterfield & Port Vale look certainties for relegation & as such are must win matches at home.
    Last edited by Lippo255; 19/02/2015 at 09:10 PM.

26. Click image for larger version

Name:	sky-sports-news-logo-1.png
Views:	2480
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	776950
    Name:  tc-logo.png
Views: 3378
Size:  12.1 KB

January Transfer Wrap
    Top 10

Name:	_65935438_fabio-borini-getty.jpg
Views:	2470
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	776963

Fabio Borini - Liverpool to Wolfsburg 11.25 Mil

Name:	Lyon-v-Evian-Alexandre-Lacazette-celeb_3073031.jpg
Views:	2487
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	776964

Alexandre Lacazette - Lyon to Juventus 7.25 Mil[SIZE=3]

Name:	kabore2.jpg
Views:	2550
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	776965

Charles Kabore - Kuban to Fiorentina 6 Mil

Naxto Monreal - Arsenal to Hull 4.1 Mil

Fagner - Wolfsburg to Corinthians 3.4 Mil

Keisuke Honda - A.C. Milan to Fiorentina 3.3 Mil

Jefferson Farfan - Shalke to Inter 3 Mil

Nikola Makslmovic - Torino to A.C. Milan 3 Mil

Stefano Okaka - Sampdoria to Fiorentina 2.8 Mil

Pione Sisto - Midtjylland to Liverpool 2.5 Mil

Last edited by Lippo255; 20/02/2015 at 08:43 PM.

27. Life After Depor...-sky-sports-news-logo-1.png

Zidane Takes Charge at Watford

Life After Depor...-zizhou.png

Not sure if anyone is interested in manager movements but thought it might be an idea to do updates for the more interesting ones?

28. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post

Attachment 774604
    Manuel Pablo sez: "A cool mil for Spiess? Obviously English clubs have to much cash on their hands!!!"

That pic says it all regarding how I felt when I saw you were doing another story.
    Last edited by ForGreatJustice; 20/02/2015 at 10:08 AM.
    Lippo255 likes this.

29. Quote Originally Posted by ForGreatJustice View Post
    That pic says it all regarding how I felt when I saw you were doing another story.
    Cheers mate, hope you enjoy it!

30. February 2015

Life After Depor...-nottsvschesterfield.png

Notts Co. 2 - Chesterfield 1
    Eero Markkenan gets his first & second goals for the club to lead us to victory.

P.O.M. - Eero Markkenan (Notts)

Life After Depor...-orientvsnotts.png

Leyton Orient 1 - Notts Co. 1
    A very good result away to second placed Orient. Markkenan scores again, the big man is looking good!

P.O.M. - Gary MacDonald (Orient)

Life After Depor...-nottsvspreston.png

Notts Co. 1 - Preston 2
    Threw the points away here, 1-0 up in the closing stages we switched off for the first & couldn't hold them out for the second

P.O.M. - Chris Humprey (Preston)

Life After Depor...-fleetwoodvsnotts.png

Fleetwood 0 - Notts Co. 3
    Another good performance on the road. Markkenan, Gros & Daniels getting the goals.

Life After Depor...-nottsvsportvale.png

Postponed

Views: 2337

"Not a bad month in all. 7 points from a possible 12 & we are at least moving in the right direction, albeit slowly. The Preston result was hard to take as I thought we controlled the match for 75 minutes but they just finished over the top of us, can't help but think our lead would have been more defendable if I hadn't rested Markkenan.

Speaking of the big Finn, he has been our shining light this month scoring 4 goals. Strike partner, Gros, has chipped in with 2, though I am still not sold on him as he has been very wasteful, while in defence fullback Hayden White (loan) has resigned Sierra Leone international Mustapha Dumbuya to the bench with some consistently solid displays.

Tactic wise I seem to have settled on a fairly unremarkable flat 4-4-2 with Markkenan & Gros my preferred strike partnership. In midfield I am retraining Blair to play left mid as I believe he is wasted a bit in defence whilst, at the back, Donervon Daniels (loan) & Haydn Hollis have been my first choice centre pairing."

Name:	2015-02-21_00001.jpg
Views:	2345
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	777624

March Schedule

Name:  2015-02-21_00002.jpg
Views: 2357
Size:  40.1 KB

A very busy month coming up, very tough as well. Swindon lead the comp, Bradford are 3rd &, with the exception of Port Vale, all our other opponents are in the top half or challenging for promotion. A stern test of our new found confidence.
    Last edited by Lippo255; 21/02/2015 at 09:59 AM.

31. March 2015

Life After Depor...-colchestervs-notts.png

Colchester 1 - Notts Co. 1

Despite playing 10 men for the final 15 minutes, a solid draw against a Colchester side challenging for the playoffs.

P.O.M. - Balint Bajner (Notts)

Life After Depor...-swindonvsnotts.png

Swindon 2 - Notts Co. 1

Fought hard but the league leaders were too strong, a Blair Adams own goal not helping our cause.

P.O.M. - Billy Daniels (Notts)

Life After Depor...-nottsvsportvale.png

Notts Co. 4 - Port Vale 2

A Markkenan hat trick gets us the points against bottom placed Port Vale, not too impressed with our defending.

Life After Depor...-nottsvsbradford.png

Notts Co. 1 - Bradford 3

Sad to say we didn't put up much of a fight here. Bradford are strong but we were poor, Liam Noble excluded.

P.O.M. - Liam Noble (Notts)

Life After Depor...-nottsvsrochdale.png

Notts Co. 1 - Rochdale 0

A good win in a very tight contest. Ronan Murray grabbing a goal in a rare start.

P.O.M. - Ronan Murray (Notts)

Life After Depor...-mkdonsvsnotts.png

MK Dons 4 - Notts Co. 0

Our worst performance since taking over. Really don't have a good thing to say!

P.O.M. - Dele Ali (MK Dons)

Life After Depor...-nottsvsscunthorpe.png

Notts Co. 1 - Scunthorpe 0

A good "bounce back" win in a hard fought game, Balint Bajner coming off the bench to grab the winner.

P.O.M. - Hayden Mullins (Notts)

Views: 1921

" An up & down month but all in all I can't be too disappointed. We were up against some tough competition but still managed to bank a respectable 10 points (from a possible 21). Unfortunetly the teams around us have also been winning so our position on the table hasn't improved but it is encouraging that we are closer to being in the top half then we are to relegation, points wise anyway.

On the pitch, Eero Markkenan has continued to impress bagging another 5 goals (that's 9 goals in 10 matches) while Liam Noble, Ronan Murray & Danny Haynes have all managed to impress when handed a chance.

With 14 first team players off contract at the end of the year I have began to make some decisions about the future here at Notts. Veteran midfielder Alan Smith is well past his prime & has failed to impress so has been told to move on, while I have extended the contract of Ivory Coast DM Drissa Traore. Am still undecided on the likes of William Gros, Mustapha Dumbuya & Balint Bajner so our closing matches will be their last chance to impress & win new deals."

Name:	2015-02-21_00001.jpg
Views:	1952
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	778019

The Run Home

Name:	2015-02-21_00002.jpg
Views:	1942
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	778027

Still some tough games to play. Yeovil, Barnsley & Crawley are all challenging for the playoffs while at the other end of the spectrum Gillingham, Doncaster & Coventry have all struggled so it will be important to pick up points there. All things considered, I think we are a great chance of not only staying up but getting safely into mid table.

Last edited by Lippo255; 23/02/2015 at 06:57 AM.

32. April 2015

Life After Depor...-walsallvsnotts.png

Walsall 2 - Notts Co. 2

A Liam Noble brace looked to have won us the match before Walsall struck late to pinch a point

Life After Depor...-nottsvscoventry.png

Notts Co. 0 - Coventry 0

An open, free flowing game that somehow ends in a 0 all draw. Lack of finishing perhaps the reason both sides are struggling

Life After Depor...-yeovilvsnotts.png

Yeovil 6 - Notts Co. 1

An absolute nightmare performance! Would like to say Daniels red card hurt us but we were already 4-0 down at the time.

P.O.M. - Devarn Green (Yeovil)

Life After Depor...-nottsvsbarnsley.png

Notts Co. 1 - Barnsley 4

Another horrendous performance which puts us in the drop zone, things are going south very quickly!

P.O.M. - Milan Lalkovic (Barnsley)

Life After Depor...-crawleyvsnotts.png

Crawley 1 - Notts Co. 0

[email protected]*nts! 3 losses in a row now, we are all but gone, the only team we can catch is Bristol City who have a way better goal difference then us.

P.O.M. - Liam O'Neill (Crawley)

Life After Depor...-nottsvsdoncaster.png

Notts Co. 2 - Doncaster 1

A Markkenan brace moves us above Bristol who lost, before this the big Finn had played 10 hours without scoring!

Name:	2015-02-22_00003.jpg
Views:	1900
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	778679

The Final Showdown

Name:	2015-02-22_00002.jpg
Views:	1883
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	778672

A very simple equation, win or even draw & we stay up, lose & its all up to Bristol City. Will leave my musings until after this game as the my mood will be largely dependant on this result.

Last edited by Lippo255; 21/02/2015 at 11:23 PM.

33. May 2015

Life After Depor...-gillinghamvsnotts.png

Gillingham 0 - Notts Co. 0

If we'd lost this game we would have deserved to be relegated, to be honest I'm still not sure we deserve to survive but, hey, I wont argue.

P.O.M. - Scott Tancock (Gillingham)

Name:	2015-02-22_00005.jpg
Views:	1904
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	778996

Views: 1897
    Manuels Season Wrap

"God damn! This manager business is stressful!!! We survive the drop this year but I fear without significant improvements to the first team we will be fighting for our lives again next time around.

I must admit the competitiveness of the league has surprised me. When I took charge at Notts I didn't think we were as bad as our league position indicated but after watching our performances I am worried we may actually be worse!

To prove my point, Eero Markkenan arrived towards the end of January, played 16 games & finished as the teams top scorer with 11! No one else got into double figures. Vast improvements are required across the board.

To that end I am relieved to see so many contracts expiring at the end of the year, this should allow me the wage room to add a few decent players to the roster (assuming I can find any).

What will I be looking for you ask? Well just about everything! I am happy with Blair Adams at left back, Drissa Traore as my half back & Eero Markkenan as my target man. The rest is up for grabs.

Tactic wise I have failed to find my groove here in England. The game is faster & more physical then I am accustomed to but this was always going to be a steep learning curve. When pre-season comes around I will once again throw myself into the task at hand but for now its time for a well earned holiday! See you all in a couple of months...."

34. Around the World

England

Life After Depor...-2015-02-23_00007.jpg

Life After Depor...-championshipladder.jpg Life After Depor...-league1ladder.jpg Life After Depor...-league2ladder.jpg

Spain

Life After Depor...-2015-02-23_00003.jpg Life After Depor...-2015-02-23_00002.jpg

The Rest

Life After Depor...-2015-02-23_00004.jpg Life After Depor...-2015-02-23_00005.jpg

Life After Depor...-2015-02-23_00006.jpg

Last edited by Lippo255; 23/02/2015 at 09:52 AM.

35. very nice layout I think anyway

36. Quote Originally Posted by Hydr80r View Post
    very nice layout I think anyway
    Thanks mate, may not look like much but a lot of work goes into it! (a lot for me anyway)

Was beginning to think no one was following
    Last edited by Lippo255; 23/02/2015 at 12:41 AM.

37. im sure people are following, especially if they read your India story. BTW does the end of the season mean you will be returning to India like you said?

38. Quote Originally Posted by Hydr80r View Post
    im sure people are following, especially if they read your India story. BTW does the end of the season mean you will be returning to India like you said?
    Um.....not real sure on that just yet. I'm itching to get my India u23 career under way & secure a league title for East Bengal but at the same time i want to improve this notts side while everything is still fresh in my mind as well. Will just see what happens i guess...

39. Life After Depor...-sky-sports-news-logo-1.png

De Boer Takes Charge at PSG

Name:	PSGDeBoer.jpg
Views:	1979
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	779678

40. Brilliant story so far mate. Keep it up.

41. Quote Originally Posted by TamMcCann View Post
    Brilliant story so far mate. Keep it up.
    Thanks mate, glad you're enjoying it. Plenty more to come

42. I will sub. Excellent stuff thus far. Good luck in the new season. I hope you can do well here! :-)

43. Quote Originally Posted by stormart View Post
    I will sub. Excellent stuff thus far. Good luck in the new season. I hope you can do well here! :-)
    Cheers mate, hopefully this season will be better than the last otherwise Manuel may find himself unemployed again

44. Tough season there. Still you stayed up and can build towards the new season now. Should be fun

45. Loving this story mate, will give it a mention in mine!

46. Quote Originally Posted by Hireax View Post
    Tough season there. Still you stayed up and can build towards the new season now. Should be fun
    It will be!!! Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by xJamieWilliams View Post
    Loving this story mate, will give it a mention in mine!
    Cheers mate, no need to force it in there though, i'm happy to poke along

47. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post

Cheers mate, no need to force it in there though, i'm happy to poke along
    I know! Just helping you out a little as it deserves it, and it is a similar story so goes well with it!

48. Least you avoided the drop, can build on from here now

49. Looking forward to more updates!

50. Life After Depor...-sky-sports-news-logo-1.png

Notts Confirm Irvine Capture

Life After Depor...-174103295.jpg

Notts County have today confirmed the signing of former Celtic midfielder Jackson Irvine. The young Australian has more recently had stints in the Scottish Premiership with Kilmarnock & Ross County & has been referred to as "a homeless mans Mile Jedinak."

Name:  EbrimaNotts.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  9.0 KB

Name:	7EY22.jpg
Views:	1838
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	781338

Name:  1359131025_extras_portada_0.jpg
Views: 1836
Size:  10.4 KB

Manuel Pablo sez: What? I'm not homeless! I'm between Dwellings!!!

Last edited by Lippo255; 26/02/2015 at 04:37 AM.
    IceBreaker14 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO