• 1 Post By PatrickLFC
  • 1 Post By lowman_mrl
  • 1 Post By lowman_mrl
  • 1 Post By lowman_mrl
  • 1 Post By lowman_mrl

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story

1. Thierry Henry - A Managers Story

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-manager-story.jpg

After only recently announcing that he had signed a contract with Sky Sports to be a pundit for the 2014/15 season; Legendary French forward Henry has rejoined former mentor Arsene Wenger at Arsenal in order to obtain his coaching badges. Henry will coach the Arsenal U16 side for the whole season and hopes that in this time he will be able to fast track his bid to obtain the highest coaching qualifications in the game.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-henry-back.jpg

Henry is a legend the world over and boasts playing stats that even some of the games greatest would envy: -

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-henry-goals.jpg

Henry's Honours

MONACO

Ligue 1 1996-97

ARSENAL

Premier League 2001-02, 2003-04
    FA Cup 2002, 2003, 2005
    FA Community Shield 2002, 2004

BARCELONA

La Liga 2008-09, 2009-10
    Copa del Rey 2008-09
    Supercopa de Espana 2009
    UEFA Champions League 2008-09
    UEFA Super Cup 2009
    FIFA Club World Cup 2009

NEW YORK RED BULLS

MLS Supporters' Shield 2013
    MLS Eastern Conference 2010, 2013

FRANCE

FIFA World Cup 1998
    UEFA European Championships 2000
    FIFA Confederations Cup 2003
    King Hassan II Tournament 2000

SELECTED INDIVIDUAL

PFA Players of the Year 2002-03, 2003-04
    FWA Footballer of the Year: 2002-03, 2003-04, 2005-06
    European Golden Boot: 2003-04, 2004-05

For the duration of the 2014/15 season Henry is set to stay at Arsenal and earn his coaching badges. With Arsene Wenger once more his mentor Henry hopes that the transition from player to manager will prove to be a successful career move.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-henry-goal.jpeg

andrewcoates77 likes this.

2. SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-sky-sports.jpg
    Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-breaking-news.jpg

Breaking news at Sky Sports today reports that Liverpool FC have made a shock move for former Arsenal Legend Thierry Henry.

Liverpool who parted with manager Brendon Rodgers earlier in April 2015 after a poor run which saw then plummet to 10th in the Premier League, crash out of the Champions League in the group stages, fall at the 5th round hurdle to Chelsea in the FA Cup and a League Cup Final defeat to Manchester City.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-rodgers.jpg

Reports at the Emirates this morning tell us that Henry and Arsene Wenger are due to have a sit down meeting in order to discuss the speculation surrounding Henry's future.............

3. We just need someone to do a Gary Neville story and we would have ripped sky apart haha!
    Linecoigne1998 likes this.

4. Arsenal Press Conference

PRESS CONFERENCE CALLED AT THE EMIRATES

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-arsenal-press.jpg

As anticipated, Arsenal FC have called an unscheduled press conference in order to discuss the future of club legend and U16 coach Thierry Henry. Whilst the fans gather outside of the Emirates waiting on news of their hero.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-henry-statue.jpg

Its reported that earlier that day Wenger and Henry met for face to face chats........................

(Earlier that day)

Wenger: Thierry nice to see you again, you wanted to speak to me?
    Henry: Yes boss i did, im guessing you've seen Sky Sports News today?
    Wenger: I did indeed, i had a funny feeling we may be meeting up discussions today after seeing it.
    Henry: Boss; am i ready? Liverpool have offered me the job, and want me to start ASAP. It would break my heart to leave Arsenal and manage at another big PL club but can i afford to turn it down?
    Wenger: Thierry listen........These opportunity's don't come round every day. From what ive seen on the training ground your a great coach and have the potential to become a world class manager. I would love for you to stay here of course, but i don't plan on giving you my job any time soon! No matter how much i like you!
    Henry: Thanks boss, i needed to hear that from you. Its gonna be hard to leave but one day i want to return and emulate you! I guess i best get on the road to Liverpool. I'll see you around then..........

Wenger: See me around?? Have you not seen the fixture list, out of Liverpool's next 4 games 3 of them are against Arsenal......don't expect no favours Thierry, welcome to the world of management!

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-arsenal-manager-handshake.jpg

Arsenal confirm that Henry is speaking to Liverpool

5. Quote Originally Posted by xJamieWilliams View Post
    We just need someone to do a Gary Neville story and we would have ripped sky apart haha!
    The challenge is out there for one lucky viewer lol!

6. LIVERPOOL ANNOUNCE LEGEND THIERRY HENRY AS THE NEW LIVERPOOL MANAGER
    Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-liverpool.jpg
    Liverpool FC have today announced the appointment of Thierry Henry as their new manager.

Chairman Thomas Werner was quoted as saying;

"We are extremely excited to announce such a legend in the game as Thierry as the new Liverpool manager today. He is a young man with a wealth of experience in the game and we hope that he can bring his wealth of knowledge of winning trophies all around Europe back to Anfield. At Liverpool we expect a certain style of play - attacking possession based football with the opportunities for youngster both within the club and around the world to prosper here.

We unanimously agreed that Thierry was the man to make this happen!

Thierry will need to put his former loyalties and emotions behind him as we play Arsenal in 3 of the next 4 games, twice in the Euro Cup quarter finals and once in the league. With only 6 games left in the league and down in 10th, we need a big push to the finish line, we cannot bring back the dark days of no European football at Anfield again.

Henry has signed a 3 years deal worth, £50,000 a week, we wish all the best!"

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-liverpool-board.jpg

Henry is seen below making his way into Anfield today ready to start work on the task in hand.

Name:  Henry Job Suit.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  9.3 KB

7. Henry's Debut

Liverpool Vs Arsenal (Euro Cup, Quarter Final 1st Leg)

Apprentice Vs Master

The day everyone has finally been waiting for has come: -

Henrys first bow as a manager and his first of 3 out of 4 head to head clashes with former mentor Arsene Wenger.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-debut.png

1-1 seems like a fair outcome and one neither Henry or Wenger could sniff at on a personal basis. After the match Thierry spoke to Sky Sports: -

"We deserved more from the game today. Even though we were the home team; to out possess Arsenal of the ball is a pretty decent achievement. Overall i was very pleased, we go into the next leg knowing we have to out score Arsenal due to conceding the away goal. I will have to look at goalkeeping options in the summer in all honesty, Mignolet hesitated badly for Arsenals goal and handed the chance to Welbeck on a plate!

Name:  Henry Interview.jpg
Views: 1144
Size:  4.4 KB

8. 1-0 Thierry Henry

WHAT A EUROPEAN DING DONG!!!

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-debut2.png

European nights are special at the Emirates Stadium at the best of times but with a place in the Euro Cup Semi Final on the line, the return of club legend Thierry Henry and the tie finely balanced at 1-1.........what a night the fans were always in for!

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-euro-cup-night.jpg

The match started as it meant to go on Liverpool took a 3-0 lead through Skrtel and a brace from Sturridge within 34 minutes! The home fans were practically already heading for the exits at half time, angry and upset with their teams performance!

Wengers half time team talk was special within 20 minutes of the second half starting it was 3-3, Henry stood on the touchline in totally belief, in the words of another great manager "Football Bloody Hell!"

The next 25 minutes saw 2 heavyweight boxers exchanging blows, this was no game for the faint hearted!

This mega clash ended 5-4 (6-5 Agg) to Liverpool! Sturridge bagging 4 goals!

Henry celebrating a famous victory in only his second game in charge. The draw seems favourable to Liverpool in the semi final M.Tel-Aviv leaving the potential final opponents of Spurs or another club which plays a part in the Henry story - Monaco!!!

After the game Henry was shocked at the reaction of Arsene Wenger........Wenger accused Henry of mind games and the press are now reporting of a fued between two managers who were once so close!

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-wenger.jpg

Henry refused to comment on Wengers words, but maybe Henry has now seen what the football world has seen for years now.....Wengers bad loser attitude!

9. As The Dust Settles.......

As the dust settles....................

After the massive European night at the Emirates it was down to buisness for Henry in trying to pull Liverpool up the table.

Sunderland 2 - 2 Liverpool (Sturridge 2)
    Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal (Coutinho)
    Liverpool 0 - 0 Chelsea
    Liverpool 4 - 0 M.Tel-Aviv (Sturridge 2, Sakho, Coutinho)
    West Brom 0 - 0 Liverpool
    M.Tel-Aviv 0 - 3 Liverpool (Balotelli 2, Gerrard)

A mixed bag start to Premier League life, happily unbeaten against a couple of decent opponents but 4 draws in 4 league games is not good enough, especially since we dominated those games but could finish a hot dinner!

Henry v Monaco

The dream Euro Cup Final has happened, Henry will face his former childhood club in the Final of the Euro Cup, which probably presents Liverpools last chance to secure European football next season due to poor league form!

Throw back the years..................

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-monaco-96-97-henry.jpg

​The end of the season cannot come quick enough for Henry, a rebuilding job is definitely called for!

10. Euro Cup Final

Wednesday 25th May 2015

Liverpool V Monaco
    Euro Cup Final

Today was Henrys date with history. Could he emulate so many Liverpool managers from the past in winning a major European trophy only 2 months into his reign at Anfield!

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-euro-final.png

LIVERPOOL AND HENRY LIFT THE EURO TROPHY!

After another date with destiny Henry faced up against his old club Monaco for a place in Liverpool history. Henrys team dominated the match from the first whistle, and Monaco struggled to cope with the flowing Liverpool football. Both goals came before half time and to England manager Hodgson's delight they came through Englishmen Sterling and Lallana. Henry had never won the Euro Cup as a player so this medal would be a new addition to his huge trophy cabinet!

Henry spoke to Sky Sports after the game amid the celebrations:

"What a performance from the lads today! Its been a difficult season for them, after losing Brendon only 2 months ago. Since ive been here they have all fully backed me in my management and they fully deserve their celebrations tonight! I just want to wish Steven Gerrard all the best for the future in the US, he's been a great servant to this club, a legend without a doubt. To see him lift a major European trophy on his last game for the club is fitting, if i was here last year i definitely would of tried to keep him!"

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-gerrard-uefa-cup.jpg

The remaining games of the season prior to the Euro Cup finished as such: -

Liverpool 3 - 2 Everton (Sterling 2, Markovic)
    Spurs 2 - 1 Liverpool (Sterling)

A great Merseyside derby which saw Henry get his first league win for the club, followed by his first league defeat at the club. The Spurs game saw Henry rest a few key players for the Euro Cup final. After a long season Liverpool finished a disappointing 10th but qualified for the champions league via winning the Euro Cup!

Henry will now look to rebuild this once great team.......stay tuned!

11. Any Interest?

Hi all,

Looking for some feedback on this story as I haven't really had any replies thus far?

If there is no interest from people I may close this feed, would be a shame as I think this could turn into a quality tale!

Please reply to let me know, or give advice how to improve or where I'm going wrong!

Regards

12. Quote Originally Posted by lowman_mrl View Post
    Hi all,

Looking for some feedback on this story as I haven't really had any replies thus far?

If there is no interest from people I may close this feed, would be a shame as I think this could turn into a quality tale!

Please reply to let me know, or give advice how to improve or where I'm going wrong!

Regards
    Looks good so far mate, I would maybe just include a few more in-game Screen shots like the league table etc. but that's just me. All I would say is keep posting and the comments will come, you will notice once you are further into the story the more people will follow. I say keep it up

13. Keep it up. Don't fret - I've done a few stories years ago, and I always thought nobody was following but I can assure you people are viewing, they sometimes just choose not to comment.

Seems like you've got a good story going on, and congratulations on winning the EURO Cup. I just can't bear seeing Thierry Henry in at a different club other than Arsenal

14. Looks good so far, keep it up! Also did you know that Henry was a Liverpool fan, still is, he said if he could have played for any other club in his career, it would have been Liverpool!
    Bullardinho likes this.

15. Thanks to everyone who has replied to my plea for feedback 'Bullardinho', 'Mike' and 'PatrickLFC'.

I will try to update this feed over the next couple of days, i have somewhat jumped a season ahead since the last update but im sure with some creative writing, i can get all up to speed!

16. Transfers 2015/2016

Summer Signings 2015/16

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-transfers.png

The summer of 2015 saw major changes to the Liverpool squad.

As promised by Henry at the start of the Summer competition was brought in for Mignolet in the form of underrated German goalkeeper Timo Horn for a bargain fee.

Promising rising stars such as Balanta and Romero were signed along with the free bargains of former England internationals Micah Richards and Tom Cleverly.

Henrys Gallactico siging came in the form of young Dutch winger Depay who is tipped for a bright future.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-depay.jpg

17. 2015/16 Season Review

2015/16 Season Review

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-euro-super.png

A early season disappointment was experienced in the form of the Euro Super Cup and at the hands of the mighty Barcelona.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-league-cup.png

LEAGUE CUP VICTORY

Henry celebrated his second trophy in charge of Liverpool with a stellar 3-0 victory over Swansea

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-league-2015.png

A third place finish in the Premier League saw Henry and his Liverpool team return to the Champions League in the form of league qualification at the first time of asking. Liverpool were very much in contention up until the last 10 games of the season until Sterling got injured and the whole team suffered through his absence.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-fa-cup.png

FA Cup Final Heartbreak

With many first team players missing for the FA Cup final including Henderson, Can and Sturridge beating a Chelsea side chasing a domestic double was always going to be a tall order. Hopes were high when Sterling gave Liverpool the lead but Chelsea hit back and lifted the famous old trophy.

In other competitions................

Chelsea beat Liverpool at the quarter final stage of the Champions league on away goals with the scores tied at 2-2 after 2 legs.

Season over stand by for a more detailed storyline.

Thanks for bearing with us!

18. Arsenal Managerless..........

ARSENE WENGER RETIRES.................

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-wenger-leaves.jpg

After many years as head of the Arsenal team Arsene Wenger announced to the press of the world at the end of the 2015/16 season that he was to leave Arsenal and retire from Football.

Rumours have now began circulating that the move coincides with the emergence of Thierry Henry at Liverpool and his early habit of winning silverware.

Close friends of Henry claim that he will definately apply for the vacant post at the Emirates and complete a managerial move that has long been his dream.

Henry has gone on record to thank Liverpool for giving him the opportunity in his first steps into management but feels he has to at least apply for the vacant role.

SHOCK NEWS

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-arsenal-reject.png

Breaking news around the world................

Arsenal have turned down Arsenal legend Thierry Henry as their potential new manager, Henry is understood to be disappointed but with the full backing of the Liverpool board will look to build upon the success he has already tasted.
    Bullardinho likes this.

19. Some good signings mate.

20. Liverpool Annouce Star Signing

Pastore Signs For Free

Thierry Henry announced the coup signing of Argentinian International midfielder Javier Pastore on a free transfer at the end of the season from French Champions Paris St Germain.

Henry told BBC sport "I'm delighted to announce that Pastore has put pen to paper on a free transfer to Liverpool FC. Pastore was impressed by the clubs vision for the future. Both myself and the board are committed to bettering last seasons third place finish and challenge for the top spot next season. Pastore is a world class player who will improve the team and provide world class competition for places in the starting 11.

This transfer will be seen as a major coup by fans and pundits alike, especially after French Legend Eric Cantona went on record to claim that Pastore is better than both Messi and Ronaldo, only time will tell.............

Last edited by lowman_mrl; 30/04/2015 at 11:55 AM.
    Bullardinho likes this.

21. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    Some good signings mate.
    Thanks mate, hopefully improve the squad further in the summer window and challenge for the league!

22. Henry Brings In New Faces

Henry Brings In New Faces

Henry has wasted no time in adding to his squad for the up and coming title push. Alongside the arrival of Pastore the following players have signed on the dotted line and will proudly wear the red shirt of Liverpool.

Gino Peruzzi - £4.8m from Boca

Gabriel Barbosa - Undisc from Santos

Papadopoulos - £12.5m From Gelsenkirchen

23. The Premiership Kicks Off...........

The Premiership Kicks Off...........

Another Premier league season kicks off, and Liverpool FC are seen by many pundits and bookmakers alike as 3rd favourites for the 2016/17 crown.

Henry tells a packed press room at Melwood that he is more than happy to be dubbed as nearly men for the season, and with the signings he has made he is more than confident that his side will be right up there at the end of the season competing for the biggest domestic crown in world football.

First 4 Games................

Everton 1 - 1 Liverpool (Sterling)
    Liverpool 4 - 1 Leceister (Sakho, Coutinho 3)
    Southampton 0 - 2 Liverpool (Sterling 2)
    Newcastle 1 - 1 Liverpool (Barbosa)

3 Away games out of 4 sees Henry's men pick up 8 points from a possible 12. With many key players missing the Merseyside derby through international call ups, suspension and injury a draw will be seen by many as acceptable result. 2 wins and 2 draws sees Liverpool sit in 5th after 4 games with the only notable team of Chelsea who would be seen as title contenders sat above then.

24. The Champions League Draw........

Champions League Group C

Name:  Barca.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  8.2 KB
    Barcelona

Name:  fener.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  5.0 KB
    Fenerbahce

Name:  lyon.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  5.8 KB
    Olympique Lyon
    Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-liverpool.jpg
    Liverpool FC
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by lowman_mrl; 01/05/2015 at 09:08 AM.

25. Tough Champions League group!

26. Sterling Out For 3 - 4 Months With Torn Calf Muscle

Sterling Out For 3 - 4 Months With Torn Calf Muscle

Liverpool announce that Raheem Sterling has torn his calf muscle and is likely to be sidelined for 3 - 4 months. Critics are questioning whether this injury will hamper Liverpools early season form after last season saw them hit a awful run of form after losing the young English winger.

Henry has confirmed that he will now look to Depay to fill Sterling role out wide.

"Depay is more than capable of playing wide right, with a few tweeks in training i have no doubt we will continue to push for trophies on all fronts. We wish Raheem a quick recover and look forward to him coming back into the team soon"

27. Continued Fixture Roundup

Continued Fixture Roundup

Fenerbahce 2 - 2 Liverpool (Depay, Can) - Champions League
    Liverpool 0 - 0 Hull
    Liverpool 1(p) - 1 Burnley (Coutinho) - 3rd Round League Cup
    Liverpool 2 - 0 Man City (Lallana, Barbosa)
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Barcelona - Champions League
    Arsenal 2 - 1 Liverpool (Coutinho)
    Liverpool 0 - 0 Norwich
    Lyon 1 - 1 Liverpool (Depay)
    West Brom 1 - 2 Liverpool (Sturridge, Depay)
    Liverpool 3 - 1 Norwich (Barbosa 2, Romero) - 4th Round League Cup

A poor run of results in which our strikers have struggled to break down the lower league teams. Although Liverpool sit in 5th questions are being asked about the suitability of manager Henry?!?

28. New York Red Bulls Become Mangerless

Its been announced that New York Red Bulls have removed their former manager and are now looking for a manager to take them to the next level.

Speculation has began to circulate this week that French legend Thierry Henry could be on the list to take charge if he decides to leave Liverpool before he is pushed.

New York Red Bulls plays a part in the stellar career of Henry after all....................

What do the general public think of the speculation.......leave comments below!

29. Would be a bit of a strange sideway step to leave Liverpool.

However, in saying that it would probably be quite interesting to see how you'd deal with the wage cap and the DP's.

30. Monaco Sack Their Manager

Yet another one of Henry's former clubs have parted company with their manager!

The question is are the vultures gathering in the cue for Henry's services as people speculate over his future with Liverpool?

31. Sooooooo update due......shame my battery died on the laptop causing me to lose a 10 game unbeaten run!!!!

FFS!!!!

32. Henry Stays

HENRY GOING NOWHERE

After recent speculation that Henry and Liverpool where no longer the snug fit that they used to be Thierry Henry took time to speak to Sky Sports News where he informed them that he was going nowhere anytime soon.

Speaking to former Liverpool favourite Jamie Redknapp, Henry told Sky Sports:

"Im flattered to be linked with former clubs, and returning to my old playgrounds is something which later on in my career may interest me. For the time being i have a big job to do here, i have a great squad of players and board which continually backs me and a club which i owe a lot to after they gave me my first opportunity in management. This season can be a great one for everyone concerned with this club, and i aim to turn around recent disappointing results and bring back the scoring touch to this team".

33. HENRY TURNS FORTUNES AROUND

HENRY TURNS FORTUNES AROUND

Liverpool 1 - 0 Chelsea (Coutinho)
    Liverpool 6 - 0 Lyon (Depay 4, Coutinho, Sturridge)
    Liverpool 5 - 0 Swansea (Depay 2, Sturridge 3)
    Watford 0 - 1 Liverpool (Richards)
    Liverpool 4 - 1 Fenerbahce (Depay, Coutinho 2, Lallana)
    West Ham 1 - 6 (Depay 3, Sturridge 2, Coutinho)

10 Goals in 6 games for Depay is absolutely
    phenomenal, not only that but 5 goals in 6 games for Coutinho and 6 in 6 for Sturridge. Henry's obviously been on the training ground passing on his expertise!

34. The Good Times Continue To Roll

The Good Times Continue To Roll

Barcelona 1 - 0 Liverpool ECL
    Liverpool 5 - 0 Crystal Palace (Sturridge 4, Ajer)
    Liverpool 5 - 0 Man Utd (Sturridge 4, Moreno)
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Wolves League Cup Quarter Final
    Liverpool 4 - 0 Ipswich (Sturridge 3, Lallana)
    Spurs 0 - 1 Liverpool (Sturridge)
    Aston Villa 0 - 2 Liverpool (Sturridge, Ballotelli)
    Liverpool 5 - 0 (Romero, Balanta, Pastore, Sturridge 2)
    Liverpool 1 - 0 Everton (Sakho)
    Liverpool 7 - 0 Bolton (Coutinho 3, Depay 2, Zivkovic, Can) FA Cup 3rd Round
    Leicester 2 - 4 Liverpool (Sturridge 2, Richards, Barbosa)

Another great run of fixtures now place Liverpool at the top of the Premier League in mid January 11 points clear of Chelsea who still have a game in hand......could this be the season in which the Premier League crown comes home to Anfield?

A disappointing result against Wolves saw holders Liverpool crash out of the league cup to Championship opposition, and a second defeat to Barcelona sees Liverpool qualify 2nd for the knock out stages and presents them with a 2 legged tie against Atletico Madrid.

For those of you who wanna see whos currently got the Henry factor up front check out Daniel Sturridge below!

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-sturridge.png

35. Backroom Merry-Go-Round

Backroom Merry-Go-Round

With the season end fast approaching Thierry Henry has taken the strange decision to sack assistant manager Colin Pascoe on the eve of the 1st leg tie against Ateltico Madrid. With Liverpool doing well in the league and enjoying consistant good runs of form many critics will question this move.

OUT

As the dust settled on Henry's move to disturb his backroom staff, the move has now shown more clarity with Liverpools announcement that the new assistant manager at Liverpool is none other than Henry's good friend and ex Arsenal invincible Patrick Viera. Not only has Viera rocked up at Anfield but former team mate and friend David Trezeguet has been announced as the new chief scout from Italian giants Juventus. What a great sign for Liverpool fans to see Henry setting up his own staff at the club possibly indicating he is at Liverpool for the long haul!

IN

36. AS ROMA OFFER HENRY A JOB INTERVIEW

AS Roma have made an bold move to move Thierry Henry there next manager by out of the blue inviting him to attend an interview!

With Henry's Liverpool currently on course to win the Premier League Henry respectfully declined the opportunity!

37. FIXTURE UPDATE

FIXTURE UPDATE

Liverpool 1 - 1 Southampton (Barbosa)
    Liverpool 3 - 0 Swansea (Sturridge 2, Romero) FA Cup 4th Round
    Hull 0 - 2 Liverpool (Barbosa 2)
    Liverpool 4 - 0 Newcastle (Can, Romero, Depay, Sturridge)
    Man City 2 - 1 Liverpool (Fernandinho OG)
    Liverpool 4 - 0 Arsenal (Romero, Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson)
    Chelsea 1 - 0 Liverpool FA Cup 5th Round
    Liverpool 5 - 1 Atletico Madrid (Barbosa 2, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge) ECL 1st Knockout
    Norwich 1 - 4 Liverpool (Barbosa 3, Can, Depay)
    Liverpool 3 - 1 WBA (Wilson OG, Coutinho, Henderson)
    Atletico Madrid 2 - 2 Liverpool (Pastore, Balanta) ECL 1st Knockout (7-3 agg Liverpool)

Defeat in the FA Cup to rivals Chelsea in a game in which we were very much their equals creates disappointment for this fixture round up, the domestic double is no more.

A defeat to Man City in the Premier League has not hampered Liverpools title ambitions as their other results and rivals forms leave Liverpool 10 points clear as of the 4th March 2017.

Additionally a 7-3 aggregate win against Atletico Madrid sees Liverpool progressing into the Champions League Quarter Finals for the second season in a row

38. Champions League Quarter Final Draw

Bayern Munich

Vs

Liverpool

39. Final Fixture Round Up

Final Fixture Round Up

Swansea 0 - 0 Liverpool
    Chelsea 0 - 1 Liverpool (Depay)
    Liverpool 3 - 0 Watford (Zivkovic, Pastore, Sterling)
    Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Liverpool (Balanta)
    Bayern Munich 2 - 0 Liverpool ECL Quarter Final
    Liverpool 4 - 1 Bayern Munich (Depay 4)
    ECL Quarter Final
    Liverpool 4 - 1 West Ham (Barbosa 3, Sterling)
    Man Utd 0 - 0 Liverpool
    Liverpool 4 - 1 Spurs (Barbosa 2, Pastore, Sterling)
    Man Utd 1 - 1 Liverpool (Barbosa) ECL Semi Final
    Liverpool 2 - 0 Aston Villa (Depay, Sturridge)
    Liverpool 3 - Man Utd (Sterling 2, Barbosa) ECL Semi Final
    Ipswich 0 - 5 Liverpool (Can, Barbosa 2, Sturridge, Sterling)
    QPR 0 - 1 Liverpool (Sturridge)
    Barcelona 5 - 2 Liverpool (Romero, Depay) ECL Final

40. Henry Leads Liverpool To Premier League Glory

Henry Leads Liverpool To Premier League Glory

Liverpool stormed to the Premier league crown in the 2016/17 season with Thierry Henry at the helm. The team claimed the title 15 points clear of the nearest rival Chelsea. Henry promised the Liverpool fans a push for the league title at the start of season, but many didnt believe it would actually end with the league title returning to the trophy room at Anfield.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-champs.png

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-final-prem.png

41. Champions League Heartbreak

Champions League Heartbreak

After a successful season, all hasnt ended well for Liverpool and Henry. A champions league final appearance promised so much hope for Liverpool but ended in bitter disappointment as Henry tasted the third defeat out of three against old club Barcelona. Barcelona were the much better team throughout with Messi bagging a hat trick against Liverpool who tried to push forward but always got punished by the impressive catalans.

42. Henry's Future?

Henry's Future?

With the premier league crown in his back pocket Henrys managerial stock has really risen in recent months, both Sevilla and Villarreal have been turned down by Henry but now it seems former club Arsenal who turned him down down season now want the Frenchman back at the club.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-arsenal-approach.png

This may not be the only opportunity coming Henry's way after Real Madrid also had an approach for the Frenchman.

Thierry Henry - A Managers Story-real-madrid.png

Is it time for Henry to leave Liverpool and jump ship.......and if so where should he go?

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  8.2 KB

SKY SPORTS REQUESTS PEOPLES OPINIONS BELOW!

43. I'm biased but stay at Liverpool! Definitely don't go to Madrid, far too easy, Arsenal would make sense if you wanted to move

44. Go to Arsenal mate, Henry back at his main club.

45. Go Arsenal

46. HENRY RETURNS TO ARSENAL

HENRY RETURNS TO ARSENAL

Arsenal have rolled back the years to re-sign club legend Thierry Henry. Fans today have been gathering at the Emirates today in celebration of the return of their French idol!

Henry left the Arsenal coaching set up nearly 3 years ago, and joined Liverpool leading them to the Euro Cup, League Cup and Premier League crown in his time at Anfield.

12 months ago Henry's mentor Arsene Wenger retired and the scene look set for a glorious return for the Frenchman but controversy followed when the board over looked him for even an interview and employed Koeman instead.

Henry answered critics by securing the Premier League crown that season whilst Arsenal slumped into a final finish of 5th and lost out on Champions League football.

Henry leaves behind a Liverpool team of extreme talent and now needs to rebuild Arsenal to their former glory days, a mistake only time will tell!

All we know is King Henry is back where he belongs!

47. It was a difficult decision to leave my awesome Liverpool team, but i felt that for the sake of the Henry story i couldn't really turn the Arsenal job down! Hope you all enjoy!

48. Quote Originally Posted by SamPeters View Post
    Go Arsenal
    Done!

To keep the story relevant it was the only choice really!

49. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    I'm biased but stay at Liverpool! Definitely don't go to Madrid, far too easy, Arsenal would make sense if you wanted to move
    Hard decision, sooooo tempted to stay but the whole point of being Henry in the game would of been lost if i didnt take the Arsenal job on! Hope your enjoying the story!

Juve, Barca, Monaco and NY Red Bulls still to manage!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

50. Quote Originally Posted by Tom_7 View Post
    Go to Arsenal mate, Henry back at his main club.
    Done!

To keep the story relevant it was the only choice really!
    Tom_7 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO