The Ajax Project
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Eredivisie Matchday 3

Click image for larger version

Name:	Game 3.PNG
Views:	364
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	831878

We move forward with confidence in another win for the my side this time away to FC Zwolle. We deployed the 5-2-3 formation to our advantage which in this instance utilised Ricardo van Rhijn down the right hand side.

The highlight for me was the second goal which stemmed from a corner to our opposition. Breaking to Nigel De Jong on the edge of our penalty area he quickly played the ball out wide to van Rhijn who ghosted down the line before finding a delightful follow up run from De Jong to net our second.

Another sweeping finish from Victor Fischer sees him keep his place as our left sided striker. This time curling one into the top corner.

We certainly didn't dominate this game, not by any stretch. But, when it mattered we took our chances and that's the most important thing.

Next fixture sees us play Feyernoord in De Klassieker derby at the Amsterdam ArenA.

- - -

On a side note - does anybody know how to make my attachments a bit larger once attached to the post? They seem very small and require you to click on them to get a better picture. Thanks...
    Last edited by toddzy; 28/04/2015 at 05:23 PM.

2. Nice updates mate, looking good so far! Have any teams become better/worse in Holland? To change the size of attachments just double click them, and you get a few options for size

3. Quote Originally Posted by Timmzeh View Post
    Nice updates mate, looking good so far! Have any teams become better/worse in Holland? To change the size of attachments just double click them, and you get a few options for size
    Thanks buddy.

Nobody of particular note. The only side I find have progressed are FC Utrecht whilst AZ have really went for it so far in the summer this year spending a few bob.

Domestically I don't think I will be pipped for a while whilst it remains like this.

4. Eredivisie Matchday 4

Name:	Game 4.PNG
Views:	255
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	832271

What a day and what a result. Is there anything better than getting one over your rivals? It makes it all that much sweeter when it is such an emphatic win like it was in this case.

The setup up of 3-4-3 again gave us great purpose in the final third and we started excellently when Juan Manual Martinez gave us the lead. Schone doubled it before Toornstra scored one of the potential for goals of the month with an absolute rocket into the top corner of the net. I currently have my scouts keeping a closer eye on the Feyernoord captain although the thought of signing from a rival club would like upset fans.

Donny Van de Beek getting on the scoresheet was the icing on the cake for me. I love having him play in CM right he's coming onto a great game already at 19 years of age. After 4 games he has 1 goal and 3 assists to his name.

Name:	Donny-van-de-Beek-3.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	832274
    Donny Van de Beek

Morata adding our 5th was aso a welcome addition.

Our next fixture would against Telstar at the Amsterdam ArenA followed by PSV away.
    Last edited by toddzy; 29/04/2015 at 12:15 AM.

5. Champions League Group Stage Draw

Name:	Group Stage 1.PNG
Views:	241
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	832292

Name:	Group Stage 2.PNG
Views:	259
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	832295

Not the group I hoped to get at all. This is going to make it even more difficult to try and get to the quarter finals. But, what I am more than prepared to do on occasions away from home is to play my contain tactic.

My current aim is to try and sneak a point at Juventus Stadium and also the Nou Camp. Furthermore, when hosting Liverpool I will go 3-4-3 and try and get a vital 3 points. I will also look to try and control game at Anfield although will not play 3-4-3.

What gives me a small piece of hope is knowing that these teams will take strange results from one another - which we can only pray allows me to qualify.
    Last edited by toddzy; 29/04/2015 at 12:15 AM.
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

6. Whao tough group! I gave faith in Ajax though

7. Wow man really tough group! I believe in Ajax though

8. Quote Originally Posted by Disclaimer89 View Post
    Whao tough group! I gave faith in Ajax though
    I'm glad you do. It's going to be tricky that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmzeh View Post
    Wow man really tough group! I believe in Ajax though
    Haha! I detect your comment isn't quite as sincere as Disclaimer89's...

9. Eredivisie Matchday 5

Name:  Header.png
Views: 169
Size:  208.9 KB

Name:	Game 5.PNG
Views:	200
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	832575

Really great victory at home in front of our fans as over 50,000 turned out to see the emphatic 5-0 victory. Pleasing to have Davy Klaassen and Zivkovic back who had been on international duty and picked up little niggles.

Furthermore, they both got on the scoresheet which is exactly what I wanted to see. Donny Van de Beek keeping up his rich vein of form whilst also keeping De Jong out of the side. Currently experiencing a problem as my tactic uses one CM as a DLP in support and a DWM as support. Currently I have Klaassen and Van de Beek who I would play as the DLP but with my youngster playing so well it's currently prevented De Jong from starting a game. I doubt it'll be long before he pipes up.

Bruno Martins Indi getting a second yellow was disappointing. Tweak on tactic required as I've already had two red cards this season which isn't good enough. I like my players to get into the faces of the opposition mind you.

Final league game of the month sees us travel to Eindhoven to play against closest rivals in the league PSV which is always a tricky game. August summary to follow thereafter with analysis of August transfers, league standing and other note worthy news.
    Last edited by toddzy; 29/04/2015 at 01:47 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    Haha! I detect your comment isn't quite as sincere as Disclaimer89's...
    Not after what Ajax just did to my De Graafschap boys!
    Last edited by Timmzeh; 29/04/2015 at 03:30 PM.
    LovanoFM likes this.

11. Eredivisie Matchday 6

Views: 341

Name:	game 6.PNG
Views:	346
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	832675

What a thriller! Zivkovic saves us just in the nick of time though with a well placed header at the near post. As it was a derby game I went for it playing my 3-4-3 formation. But, even when we took the lead through Fellaini I never felt completely confident.

Name:	Zivkovic.jpg
Views:	1834
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	832682
    Zivkovic

A defensive tweak mid-game didn't help and I thought we were down and out before my go to striker made it two goals in as many games for him.

Luis Caballero was a real threat as a lone striker and a deserved man of the match. Moussa Sow also hit the crossbar for PSV.

In all honesty I am happy to take a point away from this game. It keeps our unbeaten start to the league under tact. I'm already dreaming about trying to stay unbeaten for the full season.

August summary to follow with news on the below;
    • Transfers - the final ins and out.
    • Board announcements - two successful meetings held this month.
    • League table - show you guys how it stands at the moment.
    • POM - an announcement on my player of the month.
    Last edited by toddzy; 29/04/2015 at 02:44 PM.

12. August 2016 Summary

Views: 311

Transfers

I'm actually quite surprised with my transfers this season. Usually I've spend quite a large amount of money but I resisted this year. I brought in a couple of players as you'll see below and one youngster for a rather large fee.

The youngster I've brought in worries me slightly, I feel I may have made a hasty call on this but we will see how he gets on. You can find his stats below;

Name:	Edwin Havenaar.PNG
Views:	447
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	832770

I'm hoping he turns out to be a good player or at least we make a bit of profit out of him.

In addition you'll be aware that we also signed Marouane Fellaini as cover for the central midfield which has proved to be a useful signing thus far. He will steel when needed in the tough European games coming up.

We have also brought in Elia on a free from Werder Breman which adds further depth for wingers/false nines up front. He will also increase the number of HG players in our Champions league squad.

Name:	transfers in.PNG
Views:	332
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	832771

In regards to the transfers out we have a lot of youth players who leave us on loan in an attempt to gain so valuable first team experience at a competitive level.

However, we have two notable first team squad fringe players depart us which created €3million in additional funds and cleared some unwanted wages from the bill. I was a little sad to sell Niklas Moisander but he wasn't going to get a look in this season. He's 29 now and earning €20K a week. I have more than enough CB cover with my younger players.

Name:	transfers out.PNG
Views:	455
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	832774

- - -

League table

As you'll be aware this season I remain unbeaten thus far after five wins and one draw against PSV. This currently allows me sit proudly on top of the table after the first round of monthly fixtures with sixteen points.

Furthermore, we hold an early four point lead against our nearest rivals which is good breathing room at this early stage.

I would like to try and go unbeaten this season too.

The Ajax Project-league-table.png

- - -

Board Announcements

Name:	Affiliate.PNG
Views:	319
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	832778

Name:	Training facilities.PNG
Views:	300
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	832780

After the 2015-2016 season I was made aware by one of my coaches that the training facilities had been downgraded due to advances etc. I'm not one for going to the board very often but I thought that I would hold a meeting and make a few requests.

The two I did make were granted as you can see above.

I'm thrilled about the responsibility given to choose the Feeder Club for Ajax. I chose CSKA Moscow who held a four star reputation. The partnership allows me to send players on loan to the Russian side whilst if a bid is accepted for a CSKA Moscow player I have the ability to match it and it will be accepted.

- - -

POM

I struggled with this one if I am honest. My heart told me Donny Van de Beek as he's been ever present so far this season with his performances.

But in the end I decided that his 5 goals in 7 games as well as 4 assists had earned Victor Fischer the right of the accolade. Most certainly a worthy winner and I hope his form continues. With Barbosa coming back from injury soon he will need to keep his good start to the season going to remain in the first team.

Name:	FischerAjax.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	453.0 KB
ID:	832792
    Fischer

- - -

First match in September to follow soon and any other relevant updates.

13. Eredivisie Matchday 7

Views: 292

Name:	Game 7.PNG
Views:	325
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	832926

Three errors by NEC clinically punished by a ruthless team. We looked fantastic on the counter attack in the second half although just before the sending off NEC had had a small half chance which on a better day they possibly would have scored.

Lasse Schone scoring again as well as in-form man Donny Van de Beek (also pleasing).

Now that he has earned Wonderkid status I'm a little worried the large European sharks will come sniffing. He's currently valued at around €5million but I would demand €20million+ for him.

Our next fixture sees us welcome Juventus at home in our first Champions League fixture of the season.

14. Champions League Group Stage Game 1

Views: 275

Name:	Game 1 - Champs League.PNG
Views:	313
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	832986

DEVASTATED! We were announced favourites heading into the game albeit I certainly didn't see us as being so. Started perfectly playing the Old Lady on the counter attack and with Bakkali, Fischer, Schone and Zivkovic as my forward players we posed a good threat.

Deservedly took the lead through Zivkovic before I switched to contain on the half hour mark. That didn't stop Bakkali hitting the bar from a headed chance in the fortieth minute.

But they managed to snatch a late, late draw by throwing the metaphorical kitchen sink at us. I still firmly believe that the goal was offside and three of my players questioned the linesman decision not to give it.

However, not to be.

In the other group game FC Barcelona defeated Liverpool at Anfield 2-0 courtesy of two Lionel Messi penalties.

This leaves us sitting joint second/third with Juventus after one game.

Our next game sees us play against FC Utrecht away from home.
    Timmzeh likes this.

15. Ahh really unlucky not to get all 3 points mate, they would have been huge. Still not a bad start to the group at all, to go along with a great start to the Eredivisie.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Timmzeh View Post
    Ahh really unlucky not to get all 3 points mate, they would have been huge. Still not a bad start to the group at all, to go along with a great start to the Eredivisie.
    Gutted not to get them tbh, makes the games against Liverpool a bit more important now.

17. Moisander to Deportivo, Lippo!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO