Like Tree286Likes

The Pozzo Machine
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

1. The Pozzo Machine

The Pozzo Machine

In July 1986, Giampaulo Pozzo bought his local side Udinese. His reign didn't get off to a good start after a betting scandal and match fixing allegations saw Udinese relegated to Serie B. However Pozzo had a plan that would help take Udinese to the top of Italian football. Pozzo invested heavily in his Scouting Network, picking out the best youth and under the radar players from around the world. Udinese are then able to sign these players for relatively cheap, expose their talent to the best European teams, and sell them on for a huge profit. In The most recent success of his plan was Chilean star Alexis Sanchez, who was signed for 2.5 million, but sold to Barca for almost 30 million euros.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pozzo.jpeg
Views:	4240
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	810013

'Gimme the money'

Overview

I am aiming to re-create Pozzo's success on an ever larger scale. I aim to have a huge influx of youth talent coming into my team year, who can then be loaned out or even play for my first team. They will then be sold on after they are unveiled to European football's elite. I want to win everything in Europe, but I also want to create a money-making machine. I want to create The Pozzo Machine.

Last edited by Timmzeh; 14/04/2015 at 04:06 PM.
    Hbg, kandersson, coolmcool and 2 others like this.

2. The Pozzo Machine

Pozzo also owns clubs like Granada or Watford with the sole purpose of showcasing more players and then sell them! He might take Watford to the premier league this year actually...

Will keep an eye on this!
    Timmzeh likes this.

3. Please do backup saves now Interesting choice, will definitely follow.
    Timmzeh likes this.

4. Name:  1000.png
Views: 3761
Size:  31.8 KB

De Graafschap

De Graafschap were founded in 1954. They have never been to the top of Dutch football, but have always been amongst the Eredivisie and the top of the Jupiler League. Here is a their recent history:

Name:	de graafschap_ history overview.jpg
Views:	3805
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	810107

After getting relegated, De Graafschap have historically gone straight back up to the Eredivisie, however they have struggled the last 2 season, finishing 8th then 7th, out of the play-off positions. Things may be harder than I first anticipated..

We are predicted to finish 5th this year, with rivals NEC being the big favourites.

Name:  juplielr.jpg
Views: 3716
Size:  44.3 KB

De Graafschap are currently worth 6 Million Euros, and our finances are okay.

Name:	general.jpg
Views:	3737
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	810181

Are facilities are average, which needs to improve asap!

Name:	facil.jpg
Views:	3773
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	810184

Squad

One thing to note is that we have a very young squad who have potential to be a lot better than the Jupiler League.

Name:	squad.jpg
Views:	3791
Size:	422.9 KB
ID:	810168

Key Players

Caner Cavlan

Name:	caner cavlan.jpg
Views:	3818
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	810171

Cavlan will definitely be a key player for us this season, the Turk can play in a variety in positions and is very young.

Dean Koolhof

Name:	dean koolhof.jpg
Views:	3782
Size:	391.6 KB
ID:	810173

Dean is a young talent and one of our best players already, hopefully we can help him progress will.

Karim Tarfi

Name:	karim trafi.jpg
Views:	3792
Size:	437.4 KB
ID:	810176

The tricky Belgian winger has bags of potential.

Ted Van de Pavert

Name:	ted van de pavert.jpg
Views:	3780
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	810177

The young centre back is one of our best defenders already.

Staff

The first thing I noticed is how poor the staff are at De Graafschap. The coaches and scouts are all awful, as well as my assistant manager.

My Assistant Manager & My Only Scout

The Pozzo Machine-asistan.jpg The Pozzo Machine-scout.jpg

The Manager

Here are my managerial stats.

Name:	manager stats.jpg
Views:	3597
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	810332

Last edited by Timmzeh; 05/04/2015 at 09:50 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by hera View Post
    Please do backup saves now Interesting choice, will definitely follow.
    Haha I will man don't worry! Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by kandersson View Post
    The Pozzo Machine

Pozzo also owns clubs like Granada or Watford with the sole purpose of showcasing more players and then sell them! He might take Watford to the premier league this year actually...

Will keep an eye on this!
    Yeah I know, I read somewhere he has over 300 scouts! Thanks

6. Interesting story,wil defo follow this !
    I think im gonna really like it
    Timmzeh likes this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Interesting story,wil defo follow this !
    I think im gonna really like it
    Thanks a lot man, I hope so!

8. I will of course follow.

New layout is cracking - nice skin choice too

Good luck...

9. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    I will of course follow.

New layout is cracking - nice skin choice too

Good luck...
    Thanks mate, haha yeah it is so nice! thanks for that

10. Name:  1000.png
Views: 3489

August Transfer Review

Players In

I wanted to bring in a few players on loan, I had a decent budget to spend but I spent a lot of it on staff and securing some of our best players on full-time contracts.

Andreas Periera / Man Utd - Loan

Name:	andreas perriea.jpg
Views:	3546
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	810928

He comes in on loan from Utd, hopefully will be a good capture for us pulling the strings from CM.

Samed Yesil / Liverpool - Loan

Name:	samed yesil.jpg
Views:	3546
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	810930

A rotation option for us up top, comes in for the season from Liverpool.

Pierre Lemaire / Angers - Loan

Name:	pierre lemaire.jpg
Views:	3521
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	810932

Will start at CB for us this year. I am surprised Angers, who are a Ligue 2 team were willing to let him go on loan.

Denis Van Der Wal - WHC - Free

Name:	dennise vvan der wAL.jpg
Views:	3522
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	810935

We sign him for free as he was on an amateur contract, we only signed him as our other RB, Will was snapped up by Heracles.

Players Out

Jordy van de Krackt / Krasnador - 110k

Name:	jordy.jpg
Views:	3477
Size:	432.5 KB
ID:	810938

No more than an average keeper who wasn't needed, we did well to get 110K for him.

Nathaniel Will / Heracles - Free

Name:	nathiniel will.jpg
Views:	3448
Size:	442.9 KB
ID:	810939

He was offered a contract by the Eredivisise team and unsurprisingly chose to go to them over us.

Scouting and Coaching Improvements

Firstly we knew we had to improve our coaching. One of the most important areas of implementing The Pozzo Plan is to have top-class coaching staff. If you have good youth players but poor coaches, how are they going to reach their potential? Although we currently cannot hire as many and as top-class coaches as I would like, this is a good start and a big improvement.

Name:	training.jpg
Views:	3405
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	810941

We also had to improve out scouting dramatically. When I joined we had one poor scout, and we had 4% world knowledge, we have already improved on that dramatically with the signings of Slyvain Wiltord, Patrik Andersson and Abderrahim Ouakilli.

Name:	scouting1.jpg
Views:	3369
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	810944

Name:  scouting2.jpg
Views: 3288
Size:  44.1 KB

Coming next August results, I want to get through this first season fast so after that I will be doing bi-monthly updates.

11. That's a great update and fantastic job on upgrading your scouting knowledge.

Can't wait to see how Pereira does!
    Timmzeh likes this.

12. Name:  1000.png
Views: 1208

Jupiler League Rules

I just thought I would clear up the Jupiler League rules before I start the season as they are quite complicated. Basically this is how it works:

1st place - Promoted to Eredivisie

There are 10 places available in the play-offs, the top 2 teams in the play-offs will play in the Eredivisie the following season. Here is how you qualify for the play-offs:

16th place in Eredivisie - Qualify for play-offs
    17th place in Eredivise
    - Qualify for play-offs

2nd Place - Qualify for play-offs
    3rd Place - Qualify for play-offs
    4th Place - Qualify for play-offs
    5th Place - Qualify for play-offs

The season is then split into '4 periods'. The 4 periods are games 1-9, games 10-19, games 20-29 and games 30-38. The 4 remaining play-off spots are taken by the teams with the best record in each period. If the team with the best record has already qualified for the play-offs, then it goes to the next best team in that period.

So basically, there are 10 teams in the play-offs, the top 2 join the winner of the Jupiler League in the Eredivisie the following season!

In my opinion the play-offs look pretty tough and I don't really fancy them! Which means although it will be tough, we need to win the league, lets go!
    Last edited by Timmzeh; 07/04/2015 at 11:59 AM.

13. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    That's a great update and fantastic job on upgrading your scouting knowledge.

Can't wait to see how Pereira does!
    Thanks a lot man, yeah i hope he will be good for us!

14. Name:  1000.png
Views: 1231

August Results

8/8/14 / De Graafschap v Achilles 29

Name:	achilles.jpg
Views:	1207
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	811095

This team were predicted to finish bottom, so for them to come back to 2-2 from 2 goals down is not an ideal start to the season. Hopefully we can improve.

12/8/14 / VVV v De Graafschap

Name:	vvv.jpg
Views:	1203
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	811096

A
    superb result away from home at one of the leagues best sides. A great way to bounce back! Perieira top class with 2 assists.

15/8/14 / De Graafschap v Almere City

Name:	almere.jpg
Views:	1199
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	811115

Brilliant performance at home, on a day when the board had organised a fan day. A great way to promote the club! Jerry Van Ewijk as well!

22/8/14 / Roda JC v De Graafschap

Name:	roda jc.jpg
Views:	1203
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	811116

Another tough away game, but we win fairly comfortably! Pereira ran the show from midfield scoring 2 cracking goals, great form following our poor result on the first day of the season!

25/8/14 / Telstar v De Graafschap

Name:	telstar.jpg
Views:	1197
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	811119

Kristopher Vida got a hat-trick, leading De graafschap to a good win away from home yet again, meaning we have won 4 out of are first 5!

29/8/14 / De Graafschap v Jong Ajax

Name:	jong ajax.jpg
Views:	1204
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	811122

Jong Ajax featured some good players such as Zivkovic and Nouri, however we manage to win again 3-1. Only negative was Karim Tarfi picking up a torn calf muscle which would keep him out for 3 months.

Player of the Month

Name:	andreas perriea.jpg
Views:	1273
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	811125

Our new signing has had a great first month at the club, providing both goals and assists, he currently has the highest average rating in the league! Hopefully he can continue this form for the rest of the season

Jupiler League

Name:	league.jpg
Views:	1220
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	811041

We are currently top of the league, but there are a few teams right on our tale. The next two games are important, if we win them both it means we already would've qualified for a play-off spot as we would have the best record in the firs 8 games! Which is what our board want us to achieve this season. However I am only aiming for automatic promotion and top spot.

Fixtures

Name:	fixtures.jpg
Views:	1217
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	811042

Two vital home games to start the next two months. We have drawn Zwolle in the first round of the Dutch Cup, who are currently the holders. A tough game, I would like to see what we can do against Eredivisie competition. Lets push on and establish ourselves at the top of the league! It would be good to avoid the drama of the play-offs.

Last edited by Timmzeh; 06/04/2015 at 06:16 PM.

15. Fantastic update.
    Timmzeh likes this.

16. Amazing results ! Good job Tim ! Its gonna be a tough challenge

17. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Amazing results ! Good job Tim ! Its gonna be a tough challenge
    Thanks mate! Yeah I know, should be good though!

Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    Fantastic update.
    Thanks again mate!

18. Name:  1000.png
Views: 1139

September-October Review

Results

16/9/14 - De Graafschap v FC Eindhoven

Name:	FC Eind.jpg
Views:	1146
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	811795

We continue our good form with another great victory at home to a good side in FC Eindhoven. Van Ewijk getting the winner for us.

20/9/14 - De Graafschap v Helmond Sport

Name:	helmond sport.jpg
Views:	1144
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	811798

Another win for us! At home to Helmond Sport this time, meaning we have won every game since the first game of the season, taking our record to 8W/1D/0L. This win also secured us a play-off spot. That is what the board wanted us to achieve, so I am happy we have achieved it so early in the season.

Name:	inbox.jpg
Views:	1153
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	811757

23/9/14 - FC Zwolle v De Graafschap

Name:	zwolle.jpg
Views:	1144
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	811800

A really tough game away at a good Eredivisie side. Zwolle were lucky to be honest, the stats were very equal. I am happy with out performance though.

26/9/14 - FC Oss v De Graafschap

Name:	fc oss.jpg
Views:	1134
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	811803

Our first league loss of the year. It looked like we were about to grab a late equaliser, but they caught us on the break, we conceded a penalty and they put the dagger in to us.

3/10/14 - Jong PSV v De Graafschap

Name:	jong psv.jpg
Views:	1148
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	811806

Back to winning ways, a great result away from home against PSV's reserves.

18/10/14 - Fortuna Sittard v De Graafschap

Name:	fortuna sit.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	811808

Another tough away game, but we produced the goods and won again, this time at Fortuna Sittard. Hungarian Vida grabbed the winner for us this time.

22/10/14 - De Graafschap v Sparta

Name:	sparta.jpg
Views:	1139
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	811809

A poor performance, we draw 0-0 at home to mid-table Sparta. We need to improve and get back to our usual performance level.

25/10/14 - Jong FC Twente v De Graafschap

Name:	jong twente.jpg
Views:	1135
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	811810

A good win away from home, but Twente's reserves have been struggling and are at the bottom of the table, so I expected us to get a result. We did get our 3rd red card in 6 games though, our discipline is getting concerning.

31/10/14 - FC Emmen v De Graafschap

Name:	fc emmen.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	811811

A great win to make it 3 in a row to finish the month. On loan striker Samed Yesil scored the winner for us from the spot late on. A great way to finish the month in a tough game.

Jupiler League

Views:	1146
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	811752

We are still top, and we have extended our lead at the top to 5 points. Roda have been playing very well though and it seems they can't stop winning. FC Eindhoven sit 3rd, after we beat them in September, the gap to them is 9 points. Is a 2-horse race starting to open up?

Fixtures

Views:	1153
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	811755

Some tough games coming up before our Christmas break. Away at NEC will be one of the hardest games of the year, even though they aren't living up to expectations so far this season. Lets hope the good form continues!

19. Name:  1000.png
Views: 1100

November-December Review

Results

7/11/14 / De Graafschap v MVV

Name:	mvv.jpg
Views:	1108
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	812000

We start off the month with a solid 2-0 win, Vincent Vermeij grabbed both goals for us. A solid but unspectacular performance from us.

21/11/14 / De Graafschap v Voldenham

Name:	voldenham.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	811999

Wow, what a game. But we came away from it with 0 points. We were the better team for the whole game, we went 1-0 up, conceded a penalty, 2-1 up conceded a penalty, then we conceded another penalty and we were 3-2 down after conceding 3 very soft pens, unreal. We then pushed forward and let in another. Very disappointing, and I let my feelings know about the refs performance after the game.

Name:	angry pen1.jpg
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	812003

Name:	angrypen2.jpg
Views:	1116
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	812005

26/11/14 / NEC v De Graafschap

Name:	nec.jpg
Views:	1119
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	811998

A really tough game away at NEC. They were the better team and deserved their 2 goal lead. We pulled one back with 10 minutes left, but they went straight down the other end and scored a third killing us off. 2 losses in a row in the league.

29/11/14 / RKC v De Graafschap

Name:	rkc.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	811995

Back to winning ways against RKC, a great performance after 2 really tough games. Vermeij grabbed a hat-trick in what was another brilliant performance by him.

2/12/14 / FC Den Bosch v De Graafschap

Name:	fc den bosch.jpg
Views:	1116
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	811992

Our third game out of four in a row away at struggling FC Den Bosch. Lars Van Roon was sent off in the 12 minute after a professional foul, throwing our game plan out the window. What made matters worse was that they scored the following penalty. We struggled to another loss unsurprisingly.

12/12/14 / Almere City v De Graafschap

Name:	almere.jpg
Views:	1124
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	811989

Our fourth away game in a row, and we produced the goods. Jordan Garcia-Calvette was top class, and we ran away with the game against promotional hopefuls Almere City.

19/12/14 / De Graafschap v VVV

Name:	vvv.jpg
Views:	1121
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	811988

A tough game at home to VVV, who are a good side. We were brilliant though, from the moment the match kicked off there was only going to be one winner. Vermeij grabbed another, and Jerry Van Ewijk ended his goal drought by scoring a header which secured the win. A great result and performance to round off a difficult few months.

Player of the Month

Name:	vincent vermeij.jpg
Size:	425.0 KB
ID:	811985

A superb few months for our young striker who has really been making a name for himself. He has scored 8 goals in 7 games for us over November and December. Almost went to Vlatko Lazic who can't stop getting assists from left back.

Jupiler League

Views:	1127
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	811879

At the half way point of the season, we have dropped to 2nd, but we have a game in hand over Roda and will go first if we win. They have had a great run of form along with FC Eindhoven which has really pilled the pressure on us. I'm sure that one of the top 3 teams will win the league, we have pulled out a large gap over 4th place. Hopefully we can improve our form over January and regain our grip on top spot. I think if we pick up the same number of points we did in the first half of the season we will win the league.

Fixtures

Views:	1121
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	811881

After our worst form of the season we need a big month. 2 huge games after the winter break, we will face Roda at home and FC Eindhoven away, if we win those 2 games we will be in a very good position.
    hera and Barca4ever11 like this.

20. I want to see some selling, Mr. Pozzo
    coolmcool likes this.

21. Quote Originally Posted by kandersson View Post
    I want to see some selling, Mr. Pozzo
    Eh its coming, all about going up this year!
    kandersson likes this.

22. Will be following this for sure!

23. Quote Originally Posted by AJ0207 View Post
    Will be following this for sure!
    Thanks man! Problem is this just happened to me earlier on today, dont want to carry on until I get it fixed, you got any help? Almost all Graphics Dissappeared

24. Quote Originally Posted by Timmzeh View Post
    Thanks man! Problem is this just happened to me earlier on today, dont want to carry on until I get it fixed, you got any help? Almost all Graphics Dissappeared
    Create a copy of your Graphics folder and call it 'Graphics Copy'. Then rename your old Graphics folder to 'Graphics Old'. Once you've done that rename 'Graphics Copy' to 'Graphics' and clear the cache out in your game via the interface tab in FM. See if that helps...

25. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    Create a copy of your Graphics folder and call it 'Graphics Copy'. Then rename your old Graphics folder to 'Graphics Old'. Once you've done that rename 'Graphics Copy' to 'Graphics' and clear the cache out in your game via the interface tab in FM. See if that helps...
    Should my skins folder be in there? At the moment its in just in my fm15 folder

26. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    Tried it, it didnt work

27. Quote Originally Posted by Timmzeh View Post
    Tried it, it didnt work
    Nah your skins folder shouldn't be inside your graphics folder.

If you want we can try a remote session later using go to my PC and I can try and help you...

28. delete all the custom graphics files, clear cache, re-download the graphics and put them in the folder again?

29. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    Nah your skins folder shouldn't be inside your graphics folder.

If you want we can try a remote session later using go to my PC and I can try and help you...
    Quote Originally Posted by kandersson View Post
    delete all the custom graphics files, clear cache, re-download the graphics and put them in the folder again?
    I will try that, here is my FM folder, which should I delete?

The Pozzo Machine-5bcb4ab29e0e0e9a1c872dfa7e9e1532.png

I will try this first toddzy, if it doesn't work then that would be great.

Thanks for the help guys

30. Sorted! Sorry about that guys, story will be back this evening!

31. Great story ! I'll be waiting

32. Really liking this story mate, looking forward to the update!

33. Timm or anyone else,how do you print small pictures ? Like your schedules ?

34. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Timm or anyone else,how do you print small pictures ? Like your schedules ?
    If you mean like small screenshots, then I recommened Gyazo, google it

35. Quote Originally Posted by xJamieWilliams View Post
    If you mean like small screenshots, then I recommened Gyazo, google it
    Yeah i convert I use Gyazo, works really well

36. Name:  1000.png
Views: 939

January Transfer Review

Players In

Asdrubal / Las Palmas - Free

Name:	Asdrúbal.png
Views:	956
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	814167

Really pleased to bring this guy in from Spanish side Las Palmas. He will come in on loan until the end of the season, but has already agreed to join us for free at the end of the year. He has bags of potential, and will hopefully have a big impact on the first team immediately!

Cihat Celik / NEC - Free

Name:	cihat celik.png
Views:	960
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	814168

We wont be able to bring half-Dutch half-Turk Cihat Celik in until his contract ends this summer at NEC. He has had a secent season so far with limited playing time, but I think he could be the first cog in the Pozzo Machine! If we can develop him, I believe a big profit could be made on him. If not, he could be an important first team asset.

These were the only players I was able to bring in due to a limited budget, I'm happy with my spending though.

Players Out

None. Ted Van de Pavert who has been our key at CB asked to leave because FC Dordrecht wanted him, I said I would accept a bid but one never came in

Facilities Update

Name:	junior budget.png
Views:	922
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	814173

Really pleased that the board agreed to up our Junior coaching. Hopefully we can produce some top class talent this year!

Injury Blows

A few really frustrating injury blows. Young GK Hidde Jurius picked up a broken finger which will keep him out for around 2 months. Jerry Van Ewijk will also miss 2-3 months due to a broken ankle, just as he was hitting form.

The Pozzo Machine-hidde-jurius.png The Pozzo Machine-jerry-van.png

January results update next!
    Last edited by Timmzeh; 09/04/2015 at 06:54 PM.
    coolmcool and LovanoFM like this.

37. Decent signins...
    Damn about those injuries
    Waiting for the update

38. Name:  1000.png
Views: 922

January Results

After 2 winter friendlies, we were back to league action.

16/1/15 / De Graafschap v Roda JC

Name:	roda.png
Views:	930
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	814242

One of the most important games of the season. We came out the blocks quickly and were all over title rivals Roda JC. Andreas Pereira scored a quality free kick to put us 1-0 up, however we conceded yet another penalty which they converted soon after. We went in at 1-1 at half time, I rallied the lads and we came out flying again. After just 5 minutes we were back infront through a Kristopher Vida goal. We were still by far the better team, but at 2-1 it was always edgy. Dean Koolhof sealed the deal though scoring with only 5 minutes left off a Asdrubal rebound. A great result which puts us right on top of the table again!

20/1/15 / Achilles 29 v De Graafschap

Name:	achilles.png
Views:	921
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	814245

This game was supposed to be played before Christmas but had to be rescheduled. They went 1-0 up early on, but we came back brilliantly and won the game 2-1 after 2 Dean Koolhof goals. Another important result for us.

23/1/15 / Jong Ajax v De Graafschap

Name:	jong ajax.png
Views:	914
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	814248

A superb performance and result against Ajax's reserves, which included Viktor Fischer. Asdrubal played brilliantly scoring his first goal for the club, along with Dean Koolhof and Andreas Pereira.

30/1/15 / FC Eindhoven v De Graafschap

Name:	FC eind.png
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	814251

Another huge game for us, at title rivals and on-from FC Eindhoven. It was an edgy game and could've gone either way, but when Kristopher Vida scored for us in the 81st minute it looked like there could only be one winner. But Caner Cavlan was sent off, conceding yet ANOTHER penalty, which they scored and equalised with. A disappointing result considering we were winning so close to the end, but I would've taken a draw away from home before the game for sure.

Player of the Month

Name:	andreas per.png
Views:	982
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	814236

Player of the month again goes to our star on loan from Man Utd. He has been unreal all year long and has continued to be so in January. He averaged a rating of 8.43 through January, showing how vital he has been to our success.

Jupiler League

Name:	league.png
Views:	941
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	814239

We are back in control of the league in top spot, after a brilliant January. Roda are 5 points behind us and FC Eindhoven are now 7 points behind us. It is now a 3-horse race for the title, as FC Eindhoven have opened up a gap of 9 points to MVV who are in 4th.

Fixtures

Name:	fixtures.png
Views:	931
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	814240

Really happy to pick up 10 points from 12 after 4 really tough games in January all of which were close together. February seems like an easier month as we have 3 home games, but Helmond Sport will be no push overs especially away from home. Monthly updates now until the end of the regular season, which ends in April.

39. Great update ! Keep it up !
    Timmzeh likes this.

40. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Great update ! Keep it up !
    Thanks mate
    Barca4ever11 likes this.

41. Name:  1000.png
Views: 973

February Review

Results

6/2/15 / De Graafschap v Telstar

Name:	telstar.png
Views:	935
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	814608

A solid performance and result to start the month. Telstar put up a decent fight, but we were definitely the better team and eased to a 2-0 win through goals from Vermeij and Asdrubal.

13/2/15 / De Graafschap v FC Oss

Name:	fc oss.png
Views:	936
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	814605

A brilliant performance against FC Oss, who are fighting for a play-off spot this year. We showed our class, and completely played them off the pitch. We were 4-0 up after only 16 minutes, that is the definition of starting fast! A perfect performance, shame we couldn't keep the clean sheet but I am not complaining.

20/2/15 / De Graafschap v Jong PSV

Name:	psv.png
Views:	936
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	814604

Jong PSV are at the bottom of the table so in theory this should've been an easier game than the FC Oss game. We couldn't break the deadlock and went in at half time 0-0. I got the boys rallied up, and 2 Vincent Vermeij goals dragged us to a 2-0 win. 3 wins in a row!

27/2/15 / Helmond Sport v De Graafschap

Name:	helmond sport.png
Views:	938
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	814601

The final game of the month would be far by the toughest. Helmond Sport are in 5th spot, and are fighting for a place in the play-offs. We were 2-1 down going into the final 10 minutes of the game and we pushed for a goal, and it came through Asdrubal! It looked like we would escape with a point, but they came straight back at us and scored. A disappointing way to end the month.

Player of the Month

Name:	Vincent Vermeij.png
Views:	963
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	814599

I almost gave it to Asdrubal who has been a brilliant addition, but Vincent Vermeij has been too good this month. He has scored at least once in all 4 games, scoring 5 goals in total. He is currently the top scorer of the league, even though he has missed a number of games through injury. He is our key man right now, as long as he is fit we go into every game thinking we can outscore the other team.

Jupiler League

Name:	table.png
Views:	957
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	814597

We have extended out lead at the top of the table to 8 points ahead of FC Eindhoven. Roda are 9 points behind us. They are still the only real challengers with 9 games left in the league. If we can have another good month like we have done in January and February, I can't see us being beaten this year.

Fixtures

Views:	947
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	814596

March looks fairly straight forward on paper. We have 2 home games, which are both winnable even though Fortuna Sittard have hit form. Jong FC Twente have struggled all year, Sparta will be our biggest test but I think we are still favourites going into that game.

42. Dunno why but I love your stories mate. I even reinstalled FM after a few months of abstinence hah
    Timmzeh likes this.

43. Quote Originally Posted by hera View Post
    Dunno why but I love your stories mate. I even reinstalled FM after a few months of abstinence hah
    Haha, thanks so much mate!

44. Name:  1000.png
Views: 911

Youth Intake Update

We upgraded our youth coaching this year, with hopes that it would improve our youth intake. I was hoping we would bring up some players who within a few season would be challenging for first team football.

Name:	youth overview.png
Views:	931
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	814690

A few promising players by the looks of things, lets take a look at a few of the best.

Daryl Boons

Name:	Daryl Boons.png
Views:	937
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	814698

This guy is in my opinion the most promising. He has high determination and bravery which are 2 key attributes for a centre back, hopefully we can develop him well!

Richard Schouten

Name:	Richard Schouten.png
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	814700

At first glance he is probably the most promising. Has the potential to become a top centre back. Only thing that's letting him down for me is his determination.

Rens Van Boekal

Name:	Rens Van Boekal.png
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	814702

I like the look of this guy. Has some decent technical ability, I really like his high natural fitness as well. Potential to be a top playmaker.
    coolmcool and Barca4ever11 like this.

45. Name:  1000.png
Views: 912

March Review

Results

6/3/15 / Sparta v De Graafschap

Name:	sparta.png
Views:	899
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	814849

An absolute thriller. We come away from Sparta with 3 points after the game finished 5-4, with 9 different scorers! A brilliant result, and a great game of football.

9/3/15 / De Graafschap v Fortuna Sittard

Name:	sittard.png
Views:	903
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	814851

We were the better team, but we weren't our lethal selves up front. I cant remember the last time we failed to score in a game. We move on.

13/3/15 / De Graafschap v FC Emmen

Name:	emmen.png
Views:	898
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	814848

A solid performance and back to winning ways. We could've won by more, but I'm not too dissapointed. Hidde Jurius marked his return with a clean sheet, which was very pleasing to see.

20/3/15 / Jong FC Twente v De Graafschap

Name:	jong twente.png
Views:	904
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	814847

We conceded early, but the boys were fired up and stormed to a 4-1 victory against one of the leagues poorest sides.

Player of the Month

Name:	Asdrubal.png
Views:	916
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	814845

Asdrubal has been superb since coming in from his local side Las Palmas. He has settled in almost instantly, making it impossible to take him out of the team.

Jupiler League

Views:	907
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	814852

We have cemented our place in top spot even further after 3 wins in 4 games in March. We need only 7 points from 5 games in April to secure promotion, and that is if Roda win all of their remaining games. FC Eindhoven's title push is over after a poor month, Roda are just about clinging on 9 points behind, but it is now out of their hands and in ours.

Fixtures

Views:	906
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	814871

The first 3 games will be tough, especially at home to NEC and away at Voldenham. But I think that we should secure the title this month fairly comfortably. Lets go!
    Safc-mad-scotty and hera like this.

46. Boons and Schouton are promising...
    Good results btw,but not agains Fortuna

47. Great going so far this season mate, I'd say the title is in the bag.

I'm 7 or 8 seasons into a save with ADO Den Haag and I'm finding that Holland is an interesting country to manage in as the reputation of the league has been on the slide for a few years but there is still quite a lot of potentially big clubs with room for growth if you can get the league to improve a bit.

48. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Great going so far this season mate, I'd say the title is in the bag.

I'm 7 or 8 seasons into a save with ADO Den Haag and I'm finding that Holland is an interesting country to manage in as the reputation of the league has been on the slide for a few years but there is still quite a lot of potentially big clubs with room for growth if you can get the league to improve a bit.
    Thanks man, I hope so! Ahhh yeah, used to be a lot bigger when Ajax were in their prime. Hopefully if we grow, Dutch football will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Boons and Schouton are promising...
    Good results btw,but not agains Fortuna
    Yeah hopefully they can develop, thanks mate

49. Name:  1000.png
Views: 855

April Review

We went into April with the title in sight!

Results

3/4/15 / De Graafschap v NEC

Name:	nec.png
Views:	857
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	815440

A great result to start the month! We battled hard, and beat NEC 4-2 at home.

7/3/15 / MVV v De Graafschap

Name:	mvv.png
Views:	858
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	815444

We were the better team in this game, unbelievable how we lost it by 3 goals. We had more chances, we hit the post 3 times!

10/4/15 / Voldenhem v De Graafschap

Name:	voldenham.png
Views:	863
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	815457

We went into this game knowing that a win would guarantee us the title. We went 2-0 down, and it looked like a repeat of last game was happening. But we didn't give up, Yesil and Vida scored within a few minutes of eachother and we only needed 1 goal! It came 10 minutes later through Jordan Garcia-Calvette. Unbelievably though, Lazic who was been awful lately conceded a penalty which they scored, making it 3-3. We would have to wait for the Roda game, anything but a win for them would win us the title.

Roda drew 0-0 with Sparta, and we had won the title with 2 games to spare! A great achievement, considering we were 50/1 to win the league at the start of the year. The Eredivisie awaits!

Name:	de graafschap win.png
Views:	874
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	815445

Name:	timms prais.png
Views:	868
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	815447

I immediately signed a new contract with the club, keeping me at De Graafschap until 2017 on 2.5k per week.

Name:	timms deal.png
Views:	872
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	815449

17/4/15 / De Graafschap v RKC

Name:	rkc.png
Views:	859
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	815454

I instant resulted the last 2 games as I knew we had won the title. Don't know how we lost this game, but we did.

24/4/15 / De Graafschap v FC Den Bosch

Name:	den bosch.png
Views:	860
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	815452

I instant resulted this game too, a good way to end the season.

Jupiler League

Views:	864
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	815437

We win the league! It was fairly comfortably in the end, winning by 9 points. A great season!

Fixtures

Views:	862
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	815434

Not the best month we've had this season, but it doesn't matter!

Transfer News

Name:	budgets.png
Views:	859
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	815458

The board set an insane budget once we achieved promotion! We are currently spending around 30K p/w on wages, they are giving us 90K p/w with 1.5 million to spend on players!

50. Can't wait to see the transfers. I used to manage in Holland as there's is always a bunch of good and cheap national players to pick up!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO