Like Tree75Likes

bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

1. Where's the link to the save game? It's not on the post on the last page with the update from Wonderkid...

2. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Yes, it is. It's hyperlinked.

3. Yeah, my bad. Just it's only one word and there isn't much difference between the colours
    wonderkid360 likes this.

4. I'm still active I completely forgot Saturday which was the only time I was free.

I am happy with that, Burnley 7 points clear with 7 games left. I will get an update done just need to have a look at the file when I get a chance, maybe after darts tonight and get it done tomorrow.

Is there anyone loyal people in the Serie A chairman game that are not in this one? Would like to see this thing keep going.

5. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Manchester City March update
    bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2285503.gif
    Manchester City 4 -
    Chelsea 2
    Aguero 5, 43, 53. Bony 12 - Hazard 26,55
    They were without Diego Costa for this one, which I fear may well have saved us. Joe Hart had a shocker, and our midfield looked very shaky. However on Bony's return from the African Cup of Nations he got straight back to his scoring ways, an encouraging sign.
    West Ham 0 - Manchester City 2
    Bony 9, Aguero 85
    Another good performance from Bony & Aguero, and another bad one from Lamps and Fernandinho. By the time Aguero scored the second they were down to 8 men from injuries, and had to play an outfielder in goal. Maybe they would've punished us if we hadn't been so lucky.
    Birmingham 1 - Manchester City 6
    Thomas 55 - Dzeko 14, 82, Insua 60, Aguero 72. Fernandinho 73, Sterling 80
    After a shaky start, conceding a goal to go 1-1 we suddenly turned on the style. 4 goals in the space of 10 minutes, and we easily won this match.
    Manchester City 1 - Liverpool 0
    Bony 90
    A shocker from Musacchio and Silva could've easily lost us this match on another day, but an injury to Petr Cech in the 32nd left them with reserve goalkeeper Daniel Ward in goal. Perhaps they were the better side defensively, but they lacked clinical finishing with only 1 shot on target. We finally breached their defence in the 90th minute for Bony to score the only goal of the game.
    Manchester City 4 - Leicester 3
    Bony 6, 24, Dzeko 79, Aguero 86 - Ulloa 7, Kramaric 12, Vardy 70
    After having Insua sent off in the second minute of the game, we responded strongly with a Bony goal. They responded to that with one from Ulloa straight after, and then Kramaric after that. Bony drew us level, but when Vardy scored in the 70th it looked as though it might be all over. However two late goals from Dzeko and Aguero saved the day, and we scraped the win.
    AS Monaco 2 - Manchester City 0
    Moutinho 17, Berbatov 53
    Away in Europe, we were expected to struggle and we did. Only 4 shots overall, half on target compared to their 15 and 10 we were poor but the most worrying thing to come out of this match was a Vincent Kompany injury.
    Stoke 0 - Manchester City 2
    Bony 6, Sterling 29
    Against bottom of the league, a win was expected - and gotten. However we struggled to dominate in the manner we should've, with 16 shots - but only 3 on target. We had the majority possession, but didn't do much useful with it. Another poor performance from midfield can perhaps be blamed for this.
    Manchester City 2 - Manchester United 4
    Aguero 30, Milner 31 - Di Maria 17, Falcao 51, 74, Barkley 90
    To call this a must win in the eyes of the fans is an understatement. After winning the first Manchester Derby away from home, we couldn't repeat that at home. They took an early lead from Di Maria, and while we scored to quickfire goals to respond, when Falcao scored you could tell we were going to lose. They had 11 out of 12 shots on target, we had a measly 4 out of 10. Very poor from us.
    Hull 1 - Manchester City 0
    N'Doye 50
    After the defeat to our arch rivals United last time, we looked generally downbeat here. With an injury to Zabaleta, and an injury scare for Hart we had one whole shot on target, and we were out of the FA Cup.
    Aston Villa 3 - Manchester City 1
    Benteke 25, 51, Sakho 40 -
    Bony (pen) 2
    A shocker. After Hart came off injured, Martinez came on and from his performance at Arsenal I think we lost the game right then. Our only shot on target was a penalty. That about sums up this game.
    Manchester City 4 - AS Monaco 0
    Lallana 18, Aguero 46, Bony 74, Fernandinho 77
    I wasn't expecting much after the last two games, but they looked exactly as we did - incredibly subdued. We, however scored more goals then them - with Lallana returning from a long term injury. Even with Martinez in goal we were through on aggregate. Manchester City 3 - Tottenham 2
    Bony 13, Lampard 14, 82 - Kane 17, Chadli 28

It was a close fought match, and I was pretty shocked to see Lampard win us this game considering his recent form. Both teams had the same amount of shots, and in the end it came down to the better Goalkeeper - with Lloris having a shocker and Hart back in goal we had the better.
    Player of the Month
    bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-mancitythailand_fri112025_20150116_wb.jpg
    Wilfried Bony
    On his return from the AFCN he has looked absolutely phenomenal. 18 goals in 18 starts now, he is one of the best players in the Premier League right now.
    Worst Player of the Month
    bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-17566.jpg
    Mateo Musacchio
    A hard one to pick, and for the right reasons. Nobody has been consistently bad, but new signing Musacchio has often looked shaky in defence, and has generally been pretty poor.
    Summary
    A good couple of months in terms of points - after 3 losses on the trot it seems we have got back to our winning ways. No draws tis month, thanks largely to the electric form of Wilfried. However, in the matches we have played our midfield in particular has looked very poor, as well as in defence. Going forward we are a complete package, but with Kompany injured our defence has looked poor and the likes of Silva, Fernandinho, Lampard and Milner have not performed up to expectations. Hopefully we can continue to win, and win well.
    Next Time....
    With 7 games to go it seems we have by far the easiest league matches. Chelsea in the Champions League quarters will be interesting however, and we cannot let fatigue from that force us to concede unnecessary points.

6. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_14clark View Post
    I'm still active I completely forgot Saturday which was the only time I was free.

I am happy with that, Burnley 7 points clear with 7 games left. I will get an update done just need to have a look at the file when I get a chance, maybe after darts tonight and get it done tomorrow.

Is there anyone loyal people in the Serie A chairman game that are not in this one? Would like to see this thing keep going.
    I'm not sure, will have a look.

7. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Ugh, it seems absolutely awful to do this and I've spent a long time wondering whether to wait it out until Thursday. However, it seems like with 9 (10 including me) active players we're not really going to get anything done (maybe with 15 or so it could work). I really hate to end this, but at the same time has there been a single game that has actually reached a competitive match in season 2? So Leeds said he was closing his, and I think that I will have to do it with mine. My problem is not really lack of motivation - I love chairman games - but the fact other people lack it. You've seen how many dropped out, and a lot of others are just AFK or not interested, so it is with a heavy heart I have to end this. Thank you to the consistent players Znik, andy_14clark, Leeds, Rootsey, naterr, Matt, Portugal, conor and stonecold (I might have forgot someone here). Up next I have a story that I'm going to do, and there is yet to be an auction game this year. The lovely thing about auction games is you can have smaller league without it being a league nobodies interested in playing, as the teams don't matter, so I may end up running one with 12-16 players. If I do decide to, you guys listed above will be the first to know, and I'll send PM's out. Again, I'm so so sorry to the people above, who were - like me - really engaged in the chairman game, I'm not faulting you in any way. As for the people who left, I can understand with stuff like time constraints, although I have less sympathy for those who confirmed they wanted to play and then dropped out due to "lack of interest".

Again, I'm very sorry (and I'll sim to the end so we can see what happened, so there will be one last update).

8. Sorry to see this go. Such a shame as I was quite enjoying the write ups, negotiating etc.

Shame we can't put it on hold to recruit new people but I doubt we can pull the numbers we need to replace the managers. I think if we got to the end of the season, see what happened and recruited people from there we could see a few interest people as it would be the transfer window and new people can put into the team what they want and no what others did.

9. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_14clark View Post
    Sorry to see this go. Such a shame as I was quite enjoying the write ups, negotiating etc.

Shame we can't put it on hold to recruit new people but I doubt we can pull the numbers we need to replace the managers. I think if we got to the end of the season, see what happened and recruited people from there we could see a few interest people as it would be the transfer window and new people can put into the team what they want and no what others did.
    Maybe, but we need about 5 people and I'm not sure where we can get the numbers from. A couple might join from Leed's, but I don't want to go spamming threads linking this. Anyway, we'll see when we get to the end, if people wish to join.

10. Quote Originally Posted by wonderkid360 View Post
    Maybe, but we need about 5 people and I'm not sure where we can get the numbers from. A couple might join from Leed's, but I don't want to go spamming threads linking this. Anyway, we'll see when we get to the end, if people wish to join.
    I'd love it if you ended the season at least, that way we can see how it went!

I have no idea what an auction game is, but if it's something like this, then I'm definitely in!

I've spent lots of time and effort on 3 different chairman games (4 if you count this twice) and none of them have been completed! It sucks! That being said, I completely understand the reasons for ending both this and the Serie A one, just sucks to have bothered to put in the effort.

If I hadn't been involved in three of these and seen how it ended up, I would be tempted to create one myself, which had a much stricter regime, and actually kept it's deadlines But that will have to be next FM! Would be cool to start one before everyone have discovered the Romeros and Balantas!

Oh well! Next time!
    wonderkid360 likes this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by wonderkid360 View Post
    Ugh, it seems absolutely awful to do this and I've spent a long time wondering whether to wait it out until Thursday. However, it seems like with 9 (10 including me) active players we're not really going to get anything done (maybe with 15 or so it could work). I really hate to end this, but at the same time has there been a single game that has actually reached a competitive match in season 2? So Leeds said he was closing his, and I think that I will have to do it with mine. My problem is not really lack of motivation - I love chairman games - but the fact other people lack it. You've seen how many dropped out, and a lot of others are just AFK or not interested, so it is with a heavy heart I have to end this. Thank you to the consistent players Znik, andy_14clark, Leeds, Rootsey, naterr, Matt, Portugal, conor and stonecold (I might have forgot someone here). Up next I have a story that I'm going to do, and there is yet to be an auction game this year. The lovely thing about auction games is you can have smaller league without it being a league nobodies interested in playing, as the teams don't matter, so I may end up running one with 12-16 players. If I do decide to, you guys listed above will be the first to know, and I'll send PM's out. Again, I'm so so sorry to the people above, who were - like me - really engaged in the chairman game, I'm not faulting you in any way. As for the people who left, I can understand with stuff like time constraints, although I have less sympathy for those who confirmed they wanted to play and then dropped out due to "lack of interest".

Again, I'm very sorry (and I'll sim to the end so we can see what happened, so there will be one last update).
    Thanks for the time and effort you put into this, was booting up the game to begin writing out my updates as well haha, ah well. I'll be sure to look out for anything else you do
    wonderkid360 likes this.

12. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Heh, it's easy enough to keep deadlines but when players don't that's the problem. And I'm sorry to have wasted your time on this, only to end it. As I said, Again, I'm very sorry (and I'll sim to the end so we can see what happened, so there will be one last update). Anyway, I would certainly join any chairman game you run The best example of a recent auction game is my good friend's RiotAct's a couple of years ago. You can find it hyperlinked here.

13. Quote Originally Posted by wonderkid360 View Post
    Heh, it's easy enough to keep deadlines but when players don't that's the problem. And I'm sorry to have wasted your time on this, only to end it. As I said, Again, I'm very sorry (and I'll sim to the end so we can see what happened, so there will be one last update). Anyway, I would certainly join any chairman game you run The best example of a recent auction game is my good friend's RiotAct's a couple of years ago. You can find it hyperlinked here.
    Thanks! I'll check it out! And yeah, I know that talk is cheap! Won't have anything to back it up till next year I fear! Unless some very exciting game mode comes along that will make things different!

14. Quote Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Thanks! I'll check it out! And yeah, I know that talk is cheap! Won't have anything to back it up till next year I fear! Unless some very exciting game mode comes along that will make things different!
    Think things need freshening up, compared to the chairman game I did last year it felt like so many people were not interested and just felt the game had no energy.

I bet people won't realise that the game has stopped for a while haha, but yeah think things need freshening up, something new. Something different

15. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    The final save: http://www.filedropper.com/chairmangame-feb_2
    Awards, Stats and Table:
    bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00001.jpgbornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00004.jpgbornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00005.jpgbornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00006.jpgbornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00012.jpgbornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00007.jpgbornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00008.jpgbornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00010.jpgbornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00011.jpg Champo League Final: bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00002.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00003.jpg  
    naterr likes this.

16. Quote Originally Posted by wonderkid360 View Post

Sad to see it go but saw it coming, people aren't up for it at the moment, and when this failed the first time with Borne most people must have been disheartened and didn't really want to invest.

But if your bored and not enjoying it then I don't blame you for closing it!

Cheers for all the effort you have put in tho! and trying to keep on top of everyone about doing their updates

Maybe a chairman game needs to be for a smaller amount of players? just people you know will commit and then could work out really good. 6-8 people on one of these could work well!
    wonderkid360 likes this.

17. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Yeah, that might be a good idea actually. Going back to what Leeds said about chairman games maybe needing freshening up somehow. But just want to clarify, I wasn't really bored it just felt like there wasn't enough interest from others. If we could get a couple more players in, I might resume it but with all the guys dropping out in quick succession it just sapped my motivation.

18. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Also that was the wrong table, here is the final table: bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00014.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)-2015-04-21_00013.jpg  

19. Thanks for the game! People who thought it was too much effort to write an update doesn't know what the owner of th game has to do thanks for the effort
    wonderkid360 and naterr like this.

20. I think the European chairman games always get the most interest, as it's less effort for everyone( including the person running it by the looks of it as it has simpler rules). I'm guessing that's why leeds' game was so popular last year, whilst it also may have been partly due to it being in the summer holidays. If any of you make one of them games( assuming this doesn't get going again like I hope it does) then I think chairman games might get their pull once again.

21. Sad to see it go, PM me for any new projects for sure.
    wonderkid360 likes this.

22. We Dropped to 3rd!! Zlatan you usless S**tb**wfdfsdfg
    wonderkid360 likes this.

23. Survival against all the odds, go Sean Dyche

Shame it had to end but thanks for the effort you put in Wonderkid and well done to the lads who kept on going for as long as they did
    wonderkid360 likes this.

24. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by conorc98 View Post
    I think the European chairman games always get the most interest, as it's less effort for everyone( including the person running it by the looks of it as it has simpler rules). I'm guessing that's why leeds' game was so popular last year, whilst it also may have been partly due to it being in the summer holidays. If any of you make one of them games( assuming this doesn't get going again like I hope it does) then I think chairman games might get their pull once again.
    What's a european chairman game lol?

25. Quote Originally Posted by wonderkid360 View Post
    What's a european chairman game lol?
    Something I took over from epic terrorist last FM, it's a chairman game where you take any team in Europe and it is very unrealistic, you start with like 500m and basically do whatever with it

26. wonderkid360's Avatar wonderkid360
    Modern Day Legend
    Oh, sort of like an auction game I guess. Looked it up, it's a cool idea.

27. Tonight on CNN live
    Reporter"Incredible millionaire Riccardo Pocci commuted suicide after his side Stoke was relegated. He first ran into the FA building thanking Wonderkid 360 before making the C4 strapped to his coat blow up. All the chairman were killed in the explosion"
    stonecold likes this.

28. Bit extreme.
    wonderkid360 likes this.

29. Quote Originally Posted by LeedsUnitedAndProud View Post
    Bit extreme.
    Agreed, OTT.

30. Good thing this didn't continue. I would have sent a bunch of assassins to skin Steve Bruce alive!
    wonderkid360 likes this.

31. Quote Originally Posted by CAV Videos View Post
    Tonight on CNN live
    Reporter"Incredible millionaire Riccardo Pocci commuted suicide after his side Stoke was relegated. He first ran into the FA building thanking Wonderkid 360 before making the C4 strapped to his coat blow up. All the chairman were killed in the explosion"
    Done it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zirRBqLTjnA

32. Thanks for all the effort you put in and please bare me in mind for future games

Glad we scraped through in the end
    wonderkid360 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO