Like Tree14Likes

Saving Parma! From Zero to Heroes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. TouchyFM
    Backup

Saving Parma! From Zero to Heroes

**Well, after the first save file corrupted, I've had to start again, I'm going to make sure it creates a new file for ever save (which I already thought it did). The OP's the same; I'll probably just edit the pre-season bit because I doubt much was different apart from pre-season results.**

Anyway, I've been through a period where I completely disliked the game, I wasn't enjoying it. But a recent save with Northampton (currently in 2026: Premier League champions!) has brought me back into it, and I've wanted a new challenge.

Many of you will have heard about Parma's financial plight in recent months and years. They have a net debt of nearly £75m at the moment, and I've stumbled across a data edit file that has replicated these events. I've also tweaked it a bit, but basically, Parma have no money, and owe a lot. There is no money to spend, and none of the money made through transfers is re-allocated into my transfer budget. This will be one hell of a task.

In game, Parma are in administration: the main aim will be to exit that (probably through a takeover) and then try and build this once very good side into European champions. This won't be easy, I'll be on the definition of a shoestring budget, in fact, the shoestring has nearly completely worn out - financial management will be paramount. Therefore, I have set myself some rules that will help keep Parma in the black once we get there:

-No signings to be made that exceed the value of £8m;
    -No new signing or new contract offer may have a weekly wage of more that £25k p/w;
    -All offers that are received that are double the value of a player must be accepted, regardless of the player;
    -No agent may receive more than £500k in fees, whilst the maximum appearance fee is £2k.

These rules are pretty stringent in all honesty, and will be incredibly hard to meet, which means that youth development must be key (it must be noted that the facilities of Parma in the data editor have been made worse for cost purposes).

So they're the rules of the challenge/story: and here's a bit about Parma itself:

Attachment 813191

Competition History

Attachment 813197

As you can see, Parma haven't been incredibly successful domestically, they've never won the Serie A, which gives me an opportunity to create by own legacy, whilst 3 Coppa Italia's isn't too much to boast about. However, the 2 Europa League (then UEFA Cup) victories in the 1990s are a very nice piece of history to have in the back pocket.

First Season Aims

Obviously the first season aim is to just stay up, 17th place would be fantastic. There's no doubt I'll have to sell my key players, well the administrator will, to keep our heads above water financially. Parma also have to pay most of their debts back by the end of the season if they want to compete in the Serie A next season, so I've added that to the £25.3m they owe to the bank and the state, to make things extra hard.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it, and the next update will be all of the pre-season news (there could be a lot) and any signings we make, there probably won't be as many of those.

Last edited by TouchyFM; 10/04/2015 at 09:50 AM.

2. TouchyFM
    Backup

PRE-SEASON ROUND-UP

So, it's the 30th August (my birthday) and we're just one day away from our opening Serie A game at home to Sampdoria. As you can see from the image below, we had a rather fantastic pre-season. It's nice to know that the system I'm looking to deploy is working (so far).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schedule_  Senior Fixtures.png
Views:	1054
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	814621

Transfer dealings

This is the section where I'd like you to welcome our new signings, all 0 of them. Yes that's right, as expected, we've not been able to sign anyone, and I'm actually really disappointed that we didn't make any money from sales. The players' commitment has been highlighted, with a few players rejecting moves away (b***ards). In all honesty, the squad is generally quite weak, but I think we can get some money from Ishak Belfodil and Antonio Mirante, both will be key for the coming season.

(We need one to stop the goals, and one to score them)

This save has already hit a turning point: we've had a takeover, and the new chairman doesn't like me. I got the dreaded news item that I was going to be replaced, and a decision still hasn't been made. However, the youth facilities are now being upgraded, that is very good news.

So with a pretty poor squad in terms of strength in depth, we really have to get off to a strong start against Sampdoria, they're a decent side and will probably challenge for Europa League football, but I believe we can get the win, even if we have to play some pretty boring football to get it (hoofball up to Belfodil).

Last edited by TouchyFM; 10/04/2015 at 10:09 AM.

3. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 1

Name:	parma sampdoria.png
Views:	1085
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	814630

Name:	eder.jpg
Views:	5588
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	814631

I don't know what happened to the strong, defensive Parma from the previous thread, but we completely collapsed today. Eder was too good but the defending was the worst part, no real intent to close players down. I thought we could launch a second half comeback thanks to the penalty, but those hopes were stifled by more poor defending, allowing Eto'o to score and Eder to finish it off (even though it was given as an own goal). We pulled one back through Andrea Costa's header from a corner, but much has to improve.

I'm really not looking forward to the Lazio game now, if we defend like we did today, we could conceded into double digits. I'm just hoping we can use the 2 week break to familiarise the tactics, as I only set them midway through pre-season, so they're nowhere near fully learnt.
    Last edited by TouchyFM; 10/04/2015 at 11:53 AM.

4. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 2

Name:	lazio parma.png
Views:	1043
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	814662

Name:	Ishak-Belfodil-Parma.jpg
Views:	1527
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	814665

This was a very nice result and it was good to get the first point on the board. Belfodil rounded off a nice team move to put us 1-0 up after just three minutes. We could have extended our lead but Francesco Lodi's free-kick struck the bar. Lazio put more pressure on us second half, and Candreva smashed the bar, and just a minute later, Felipe Anderson smashed in from Candreva's cross. A point was probably about right, we didn't do enough to win the game, and nor did Lazio.

After the disappointment of the Sampdoria game, I'd have taken anything but a hammering today. So the fact we got a point is very pleasing indeed. If we can replicate this performance against Torino then I think we've got a great chance of a first three points.
    Last edited by TouchyFM; 10/04/2015 at 11:53 AM.

5. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 3

Name:	parma torino.png
Views:	1033
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	814669

Name:	lucarelli.jpg
Views:	5662
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	814672

Our first win comes at the hands of a solid Torino side, and both sides put defence first. They nearly took the lead after 2 minutes when Omar El-Kaddouri's 25 yard strike was tipped onto the post by Mirante. The game was actually really boring, but that changed in the 73rd minute when captain Lucarelli headed in a Lodi free-kick. We immediately parked the bus whilst Torino threw everything at us (they doubled their shot count in the last 15 minutes), but they were unable to create anything meaningful and we held out comfortably.

3 points are obviously quite nice to take into the Napoli game. One of the reasons why we'd struggled defensively in the past couple of games was that I forgot to set my opposition instructions, which are paramount for my tactic to work - they were set today, and the shot count was 8-9 in their favour, whilst in the last two games the opposition were allowed far too many attempts. Anyway, enough rambling: we have to move onto the next game against AC Milan, and hopefully win!
    Last edited by TouchyFM; 10/04/2015 at 11:29 AM.

6. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 4

Name:	ac milan parma.png
Views:	995
ID:	814798

Name:	Francesco+Lodi+Parma+FC+v+AC+Milan+Serie+O9zZ4NiYlt6l.jpg
Views:	1116
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	814801

What a win, and it wasn't even a smash and grab, we dominated the game. We defended so well it was unbelievable, and Belfodil's goal was all from a fantastic counter-attack, started by Milan loanee Antonio Nocerino, who won the ball back on the edge of our area. The game itself was pretty turgid, and we got a penalty for a handball, which Lodi comfortably dispatched. Stephan El Shaarawy made things a little nervy as he headed in a Jeremy Menez cross, but we were helped in seeing out the game as Milan had both Cristian Zaccardo and Alex sent of for two bookings.

Two wins on the bounce and things are looking up after just the one point in six. Beating a side like Milan at the San Siro gives me great confidence for the rest of the season, and I really think we can pick up all three points against Sassuolo at home next time out.

7. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 5

Name:	parma sassuolo.png
Views:	993
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	814872

Name:	parma sassuolo game.jpg
Views:	1058
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	814874

There's only one word to describe this game: terrible. Nothing happened, both sides were flat and uninterested. Simone Zaza hit the bar midway through the second half but that was about it in terms of goalmouth action. I thought we'd won it when veteran Tomas Daniveliciuis swept home in the 90th minute, but he was offside.

Well 8 points out of 12 is by no means a bad achievement, but we really should be beating the likes of Sassuolo, even though they were 3rd going into the game. Up next is Napoli away, which we'll probably do well to draw.

8. TouchyFM
    Backup

SEPTEMBER REVIEW

So with September done, there has been quite a bit of upheaval at the club. We've been bought out and we had to take out a CVA agreement which allowed us to continue running as a club. We have quite a bit of money in the bank, but remember, I have to keep this financial situation positive, and not be too erratic. A big problem I have is that 80% of my key players are ageing; I'm someone who doesn't particularly like playing players who are 32+, some of my players will be at that stage soon. That means I have to try really hard to make sure that every youth intake we get 2 or 3 players that can become key players for us in the future. In terms of results, we've P5 W2 D2 L1. Fantastic form so far which is definitely better than relegation form. However, we can't become complacent, and we have to take things one game at a time, and play to win. Here's the overview of the results so far:

Name:	Schedule_  Senior Fixtures-2.png
Views:	964
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	815439

If we take a look at the league table, there are a few shocks. Sampdoria, who beat us 4-2 on the opening day, lead the way from Roma, who beat Juventus 1-0 away. Sassuolo are flying high, which makes that 0-0 draw look like a pretty good result. We're in 8th, which is not bad at all; the board want me to get mid-table, and it'd be thrilled if I could achieve that. Two of the biggest surprises so far are the failings of the Milan clubs so far. Inter struggling in 13th but AC Milan second bottom so far with just one point from five games; still, our 2-1 win over them was incredible.

Name:	Serie A_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	1013
Size:	837.3 KB
ID:	815441

The players are playing pretty well, we're losing a few to many central midfield battles so we need to improve on that front. Ishak Belfodil has scored a couple and has generally played quite well. Our defence has been incredibly solid so far apart from in the 4-2 defeat to Sampdoria, but that was mainly my fault.

In October, these are our fixtures:

Napoli (A)
    Udinese (H)
    Fiorentina (A)
    Chievo (H)

These are a tough set of fixtures, and I'm only realistically aiming for 4 points. We should beat Chievo and get at least a point against Udinese. I'm fully expecting defeats against Napoli and Fiorentina, but who knows?

FORZA PARMA

9. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 6

Name:	napoli parma.png
Views:	955
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	815511

Name:	mertens.jpg
Views:	1173
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	815514

There was no shame in losing today, Napoli aren't a bad side, but I was disappointing we weren't as solid in defence as we have been in recent weeks. Massimo Coda gave us a surprise 12th minute lead, and we're normally really good at getting a result from winning positions. However, Dries Mertens was in imperious form and we just couldn't deal with him, he was incredible. The game was actually quite tight, but whenever he was in possession, they created chances. It was an expected defeat, but there were definitely positives.

We have two of ever result now, which leaves us still on 8 points (7 as we have a 1 point deduction). We could really do with getting a victory at home to Udinese next time out to get that winning feeling back, but I still think we've made a very positive start so far.
    LFC FM likes this.

10. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 7

Name:	parma udinese.png
Views:	947
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	815531

Name:	coda.jpg
Views:	1487
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	815534

Anyone who follows me on Twitter will not I love defensive football, and 1-0 wins; so this win was perfect in that regard. It was a comfortable win in a game where Udinese never threatened us. Coda hit the bar in the first half whilst Belfodil missed a sitter. I thought we might only get an unjust draw, but Coda rounded off a nice team move with a good finish. Nice to win and we're 3/4 of the way to the points target.

Another win and we're starting to grow in confidence. It won't be easy away at Fiorentina but we've not done too badly against big teams away from home this season. They're three places below us so we'll have plenty of confidence, but I'm praying for a draw.

11. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 8 & 9

2 matches for the price of one, aren't you guys lucky?

Name:	fiorentina parma.png
Views:	444
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	815543

Name:	gilardino.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	815545

This was gut wrenching, fair play to Fiorentina, they were absolutely brilliant in the first half, and if it wasn't for Mirante we would've been 3-0 down. At half-time, I changed things tactically, encouraged the lads, and we matched Fiorentina for 47 minutes, but a hoof forwards, and a mix up between Mirante and Andrea Costa allowed ex-Parma legend Alberto Gilardino to pass into an empty net, gutting - I didn't even know Gilardino was still playing, loved that guy when I was younger.

I wanted a point, and we were seconds from getting it; our second half performance was really positive but in the first half it was so lethargic that I'm a bit worried for the rest of the first halves in the season. Anyway, Chievo next, and I'm hoping it will be a simple three points...

AND NOW, MATCHDAY 9..

Name:	parma chievo.png
Views:	446
ID:	815547

Name:	chievo.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	815550

This draw probably feels worse than the last minute defeat against Fiorentina, as Chievo are a side we should really be beating. The action all took place in the first ten minutes. Left back Massimo Gobbi swept us in front after just two minutes after a nice move. Former Inter Milan winger Ezequiel Schelotto headed in from a free-kick to equalise. We had a control of the game but both sides failed to carve out any good opportunities, which is disappointing.

Let's just say we're not a very entertaining team, but I don't care, points are points at the end of the day. Yes we hit the 4 points target for this month but it could easily have been 7. All we need to do is maintain our good solid performances and the wins should come thick and fast. October review to come, hope you're all enjoying it!

12. TouchyFM
    Backup

BREAKING NEWS

Before I do my October update, I'll just show you guys a message I've just received...

Name:	Inbox_  Inbox-12.png
Views:	398
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	815682

This is very positive news indeed as there are quite a few areas of the squad that need strengthening. We could do with a good striker, centre midfielder and centre back. If I can get two players that suit those positions in January I'll be very happy indeed. Luckily, no-one at the club is on £25k p/w+ at the moment; Mirante is my highest earner at £20k. Let's hope I can find players that stick to the rules!
    LFC FM likes this.

13. Great news! Hopefully you'll identify some good targets. Anyone in mind?

14. TouchyFM
    Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    Great news! Hopefully you'll identify some good targets. Anyone in mind?
    I haven't looked at anyone yet, the only people who are really available are in positions I can fill in the summer, I've just had a game where both of my strikers have scored so maybe that's not so important haha
    LFC FM likes this.

15. TouchyFM
    Backup

OCTOBER REVIEW

We managed to hit the target of 4 points from 4 games this month thanks to a win against Udinese and a frustrating draw against Chievo. We were so close to a point against Fiorentina it was unreal, but that's football. We're coming up against a really hard month, but more of that later, let's quickly check the results of October:

Attachment 815703
    We were pretty solid defensively apart from the Napoli game, but 3 goals in 4 matches is quite concerning, and we may have to use some of that £13m to bring in a regular goalscorer. Those 4 points have left the league table looking like this:

Name:	Serie A_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	439
Size:	838.4 KB
ID:	815714

12th place is pretty good, at the moment, my job security is 'untouchable' which means I must be doing something right. AC Milan are still doing absolutely sh**e, I didn't expect that, they still haven't won. Empoli won their first match by thrashing Roma 4-0, crazy! We have to make sure that we don't fold this month, because these are our games:

Genoa(A)
    Roma (H)
    Juventus (A)
    Inter Milan (H)

That just makes me shudder. An Empoli-like result against Roma wouldn't be bad, Genoa is winnable as they're just above the relegation zone. Inter haven't set the world alight so we could get something there, but we're going to lose to Juventus, plain and simple. My points target for this month is 4 again, I feel we could steal a point against either Roma or Inter, and we should beat Genoa, here's hoping!

FORZA PARMA

Last edited by TouchyFM; 10/04/2015 at 09:23 PM.

16. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 10

Name:	genoa parma.png
Views:	425
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	815746

Name:	genoa.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	815749

Yes we won this game but I'm not happy. 4-1 up and we let it slip to 4-3. It was a great game for the neutral but not for me. We were poor at the back and that needs addressing, but we scored 4 so every cloud and everything. Lodi scored a great free-kick after 8 minutes, then he hit the bar from one 2 minutes later and Coda missed the rebound which was a sitter. They grabbed an equaliser through a Boriello tap in, and then the game changed. We counter-attacked them to death and grabbed a deserved 4-1 lead. However, we went too defensive and gave them all the time in the world, and they punished us to set up a nervy finish, but we just about held on.

Defending in this game wasn't helped by them playing this formation:

Name:	Genoa v Parma_ Analysis Formations.png
Views:	494
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	815755

I'll say no more.
    Safc-mad-scotty and LFC FM like this.

17. Is your plan to buy young and developing them, then sell them for a profit?

18. TouchyFM
    Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by DBoler View Post
    Is your plan to buy young and developing them, then sell them for a profit?
    That will be the primary objective, but if I need to buy experience I will. I'll also like to develop my own players through the academy rather than just bring in youngsters.
    DBoler likes this.

19. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 11

Name:	parma roma.png
Views:	415
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	815789

Name:	totti.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	815790

I went into this game with very little expectation in getting a result, and Roma were just the better team on the day. Tiago Motta scored an absolute screamer after 9 minutes which just set the tone for the rest of the day. Roma legend Francesco Totti netted from the spot to seal the win for Roma, and it was ultimately really comfortable for them - we never really tested their keeper.

We're going to have to improve for the Juventus game next, we weren't bad but we could've been so much better, I'm actually really nervous for the Juve match, it could be a cricket score.

20. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 12

Name:	juventus parma.png
Views:	390
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	815805

Name:	juve parm.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	815807

W O W. I cannot believe we got a point against Juventus. Stats wise we were absolutely battered: 36 shots to 6, but 1 clear cut chance apiece shows we were always in the game. Vidal had their best chance when his snap-shot from 12 yards was saved by Mirante. Coda forced Buffon into a great save in the second half, an Andrea Costa clipped the bar from the resulting corner. All in all, quite an incredible result.

This result should provide massive confidence going into the Inter game. I don't think it'll go quite as badly as the Roma match, but I'm still not expecting a win either.

21. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 13

Name:	parma inter.png
Views:	469
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	815815

Name:	parms ints.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	815816

1-0 wins are normally brilliant but today this one was incredibly annoying because we could have easily won 6-0, and we didn't actually score. It was a mix of Handanovic being too good and our strikers being inept cretins. The goal itself was pretty funny, a corner was swung in, Jonathan went to clear it only for it to cannon of Mauro Icardi's arse and go into the net, pretty comfortable win for us as we had 24 attempts to their 4.

So rather unbelievably, we've taken 7 points out of 12 in November which is fantastic, and it leaves us in 10th, with a record of 5-4-4. If we can keep up the positive performances, we've got a great chance of pushing for a top half finish.

EDIT: 2 days on, and Roberto Mancini gets the sack. There's a certain feeling of victory when another manager's sacked after their team loses to you. Is that bad? Nah.
    Last edited by TouchyFM; 10/04/2015 at 11:46 PM.
    LFC FM likes this.

22. TouchyFM
    Backup

NOVEMBER REVIEW

So we've already reached the end of November, and we're sitting pretty in 10th place, which is very pleasing indeed. And due to our good work, I've extended my contract at Parma for a further two years. Performances this month have been excellent, getting clean sheets away at Juventus and against Inter were particular highlights. The end-to-end match against Genoa was nerve wracking but we came out with a deserved 3 points. And the defeat against Roma was expected, but 7 points from 12 is pretty brilliant for a team like us.

Name:	Schedule_  Senior Fixtures-5.png
Views:	378
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	816687

As I said, results this month have seen us climb to 10th place. If we could achieve that this season then I'll be very happy. As you can see from the screenshot below; Milan are still rooted to the bottom with just one win in thirteen. Filippo Inzaghi has lost his job to be replaced by Cesare Prandelli, whilst Luciano Spalletti has replaced Roberto Mancini at Inter. Sampdoria still lead the way at the top; but with them travelling to the Juventus Stadium next, that could easily change.

Name:	Serie A_ Overview Stages-4.png
Views:	468
Size:	840.0 KB
ID:	816688

December sees us play just two games, both of which are very winnable, so I'm targeting six points from six to keep our charge going. Here's who we play:

Cesena (A)
    Cagliari (H)

Neither side are particularly great, even though Cesena are 7th which is very good. Cagliari are in the bottom three so I'd love to add more misery to their season. In other news, I made the first signing of my era in charge here; this young Brazilian kid could be okay, probably someone I look to sell in the future, the problem is, he only signs in September of next year due to him being under 18:

Name:	Lucas Fernandes_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	441
Size:	526.3 KB
ID:	816692

I've been really impressed with how we've played so far; playing well beyond expectations. If we can get the two wins in December before the mini winter break then I'll be thrilled, hopefully we can do some solid business in January that can only help us push on for a top half finish.

23. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 14

Name:	cesena parma.png
Views:	392
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	816694

Name:	belfodil.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	816698

This game was a definition of a game of two halves. We were by far the better side in the first half which showed as we led 2-0 at half-time thanks to an early strike from Varela and Belfodil heading in a Rodriguez cross. However, the second half was a completely different story; we didn't even register a single shot, whilst they had 11, and they definitely deserved their goal through Milan Djuric. We had to really hold firm but we just about hung on. A big worry is our game management, we're just not seeing out games well enough.

Yes we won but I feel that we didn't deserve to purely due to the second half performance. First half we were exceptional and we restricted them to long shots, but second half we couldn't keep the ball; and allowed them chance after chance. We must improve for the Cagliari match.
    Last edited by TouchyFM; 11/04/2015 at 07:38 PM.

24. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 15

Name:	parma cagliari.png
Views:	359
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	816748

Name:	parms cags.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	816751

"We must improve for the Cagliari match", boy did we. This was probably one of the best performances since I took over. Cagliari should have taken the lead when Samuele Longo pounced on a Lucarelli error and shot wide when one on one. From there we took complete control and Cagliari rarely got near our penalty area. Varela scored with a nice 12 yard finish and Belfodil profited from a goalmouth scramble three minutes later. In the second half, we actually killed the game. Massimo Coda rounded off the win with a great header from an even better Varela cross.

We hit the winter break at possibly the worst time as we've won three in three. 7th place is obviously excellent; but we've now got a three week gap to the Empoli game, who have improved drastically as they sit in 14th place. A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world but I think a win is achievable. There won't be a December review as there wasn't much going on, I'll roll these two games into the January review.

25. Amazing story mate, loving the headers for the scores, great detail. Looking quite good with the results you're getting in too!
    AndySams10 likes this.

26. TouchyFM
    Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by xJamieWilliams View Post
    Amazing story mate, loving the headers for the scores, great detail. Looking quite good with the results you're getting in too!
    Thanks a lot mate. I'm pretty surprised with how well we've done considering 70% of our squad are about to get their pension haha

27. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 16

Name:	empoli parma.png
Views:	292
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	818350

Name:	Parma+FC+v+Empoli+FC+Serie+A+aDRKv1BSyAZl.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	818353

Before the game I'd have been disappointed with a point, but we really didn't deserve to get anything out of this game so a point is extremely valuable. Ishak Belfodil gave us the lead after just 18 seconds (which is a record for the club) as we went on the attack straight from kick-off. However, they got a deserved point 15 minutes from time when Francesco Tavano squeezed in a shot from a tight angle.

We lacked energy today. Normally our intensity is incredible but we just looked flat; maybe lacking a bit of match fitness after three weeks off. I said that the break came at the worst time as we were building up a head of steam, but we're still five matches unbeaten in the Serie A now.

28. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 17

Name:	parma palermo.png
Views:	314
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	818370

Name:	parms pals.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	818371

This game was utter garbage. Turgid, turgid stuff. We definitely had the better of the game and their keeper Stefano Sorrentino made two very good saves to keep the scores level. Belfodil and Coda both guilty of missing good chances, and this is definitely two points dropped rather than a point gained.

Disappointing. Palermo are definitely beatable, but unbeaten in six reads quite nicely. I feel if we hadn't had the winter break we could've beaten Empoli and Palermo but such is life. We play our first match in the Coppa Italia next at home to Lazio. The board don't expect us to do better than the round we're in, but I'd like to prove them wrong.

29. Your graphics are amazing, I'm jealous!
    AndySams10 likes this.

30. TouchyFM
    Backup

COPPA ITALIA 1ST ROUND

Name:	parma lazio.png
Views:	300
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	818373

Name:	parma lazs.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	818374

My job security just grows stronger by the day as we've already surpassed a board expectation after our hard-fought 1-0 win over Lazio in the Coppa Italia (Italian Cup). In a game of few chances, Ishak Belfodil game up with the goods a few minutes before half-time, sweeping home a Cristian Rodriguez cross.

I don't expect to win this cup, damn I don't even expect to get very far, but we've reached the quarter-final which sounds nice. But with a trip to the San Siro to play Inter in the next round, we can probably stop dreaming about cup success for at least another year.

31. TouchyFM
    Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanKeaney View Post
    Your graphics are amazing, I'm jealous!
    Thanks man! They're really not too difficult to do in all honesty, I'm useless at graphical stuff haha

32. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 18

Name:	atalanta parma.png
Views:	356
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	818381

Name:	atalanta game.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	818382

This was another game where we were slightly fortunate to get a point, and I'm starting to get a little bit concerned about our performances. Cristian Raimondi gave them an early lead after Mirante dropped a free-kick, and he gleefully tucked in to a empty net. In form Belfodil equalised against the run of play with a 5 yard finish, despite looking offside. Francesco Lodi was sent-off on the hour (which I forgot to put in the graphic) meaning it was a backs against the wall performance for the final 30 minutes, but we escaped with a point.

Phew. I really didn't think we were going to hold on as we looked incredibly shaky at the back. It's taken five or six months for Mirante to make a mistake, so I don't feel any indifference towards him, but our performance has to be better next time out as we travel to struggling Verona.

33. Great stuff mate, Parma's situation is really sad irl, and although I expected it to be a popular challenge in future FM's to restore them, I'm impressed that you're already onto that! Keep it up!

34. TouchyFM
    Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Great stuff mate, Parma's situation is really sad irl, and although I expected it to be a popular challenge in future FM's to restore them, I'm impressed that you're already onto that! Keep it up!
    Thanks mate. It's heartbreaking to see a team suffer like they are. My finances are now really good thanks to the takeover, I don't know whether to try and make Parma financial powerhouses through strict spending or edit the finances again so they're completely in the shit to spice it up
    PatrickLFC likes this.

35. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 19

Name:	verona parma.png
Views:	348
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	818605

Name:	veros parms.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	818608

Another game in Serie A where we've failed to win, but this time I was mightily impressed with the performance considering we had Andi Lila sent off just before the half hour. The defence was so resilient and we never really gave them a sniff at goal. The second half was a complete barrage in their favour with them having 15 shots to our 1, but 10 of them were from range. I really can't complain with a point.

You may say we're unbeaten in 8 league matches but on the flip-side, we're winless in 4. That is quite concerning, and it can only seemingly get worse as we're away to high-flying Sampdoria next, three away league games on the spin is never nice, I'd like to win one.

36. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 20

Name:	sampdoria parma.png
Views:	332
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	818627
    Name:  okaka.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  31.6 KB

I have a horrible feeling of déjà vu as Sampdoria tear us a new one for the second time this season, and this time we have a new nemesis, not Éder: Stefano Okaka. Yes the ex-Fulham legend(!) scored a first-half hat-trick as the joint league leaders blew us away in the opening half. Being 4-0 down at half-time and losing to the same scoreline is the only solace I can take from this; we did compete well in the second half to be fair, but that's little consolation.

So, we end January winless in 5, and we have to play Lazio at home next which is far from easy, even though we did beat them in the cup a few weeks ago. Things are still going along very nicely, which I'll review in depth in the next most, which is my December/January review. Stay tuned!

37. Looking good, Playing well considering no signings yet! What was the name of the Brazilian you have signed?

38. TouchyFM
    Backup

DECEMBER/JANUARY REVIEW

To be honest, I feel really flat. We didn't win a league game (in January) and our only victory was in the Coppa Italia over Lazio, which isn't exactly the most important thing right now. The two victories in December are obviously good but they were expected. We should be beating the likes of Empoli, Palermo and Verona. I'm not too disappointed in losing against Sampdoria, but the manner of it was extremely disappointing. Here's a reminder of all those results if you've not been paying attention:

Name:	Schedule_  Senior Fixtures-9.png
Views:	314
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	818653

So in 7 games, we've picked up just 10 points out of a possible 21, but that's not too bad when you consider the fact that I was anticipating a relegation battle. I'm so happy with how things are going and we're in a very strong financial position - but I'm definitely not going to flex Parma's newly-grown muscles in the summer, I'll strengthen where I have to, and there are definitely areas that need to be improved; but right now, the boys are getting the job done.

League table:

Name:	Serie A TIM_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	331
Size:	846.1 KB
ID:	818650

Milan move off the bottom which is spoiling the fun of this season. They've been replaced rather surprisingly by Genoa, who we enjoyed a thriller with. Being in 9th halfway through the season is way better than I could ever have imagined, and if we can maintain this solid progress, we could even sneak into the European spots, but that's incredibly unlikely. Our chances of progressing up the table in February are rather slim as we have some really tough fixtures ahead:

Lazio (H)
    Inter Milan [Coppa Italia] (A)
    Torino (A)
    AC Milan (H)
    Sassuolo (A)

Four league games then this month and the crunch cup quarter-final with Inter. I would settle for seven points here. We've already beaten Lazio at home in the past few weeks so I think we could do so again. Torino away will not be easy but I fancy us at home to Milan, and we could nick a point against Sassuolo. In the cup, I don't want to be hammered, simple as. I hope you'll join me for the Lazio game at home... FORZA PARMA!

(Oh and of course, we didn't sign anyone)
    Last edited by TouchyFM; 13/04/2015 at 06:17 PM.

39. TouchyFM
    Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesScott2908 View Post
    Looking good, Playing well considering no signings yet! What was the name of the Brazilian you have signed?
    We're not doing badly at all. He's called Lucas Fernandes, probably won't be anything special but we could make some money from him.
    JamesScott2908 likes this.

40. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 21

Name:	parma lazio.png
Views:	320
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	818878

Name:	Parma-v-Lazio_2937001.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	818881

A great way to bounce back from our 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Sampdoria. It was an incredibly tight first half which saw Lazio lead 1-0 thanks to Stefano Mauri. We equalised 15 seconds into the second half as Silvestre Varela headed in a Cristian Rodriguez cross. And Andrea Costa secured us the points 5 minutes from time, heading in from a corner.

This was a really good win, we may have conceded but I felt we were really solid defensively, and we looked really good on the break. It was nice to end the winless run, right before a tough game against Inter Milan in the Coppa Italia. Is there a cupset on the cards? Stay tuned to find out...
    JamesScott2908 likes this.

41. Quote Originally Posted by TouchyFM View Post
    Thanks mate. It's heartbreaking to see a team suffer like they are. My finances are now really good thanks to the takeover, I don't know whether to try and make Parma financial powerhouses through strict spending or edit the finances again so they're completely in the shit to spice it up
    I think it would be interesting if you did edit the finances like that, because the takeover was almost immediate, and it would be more challenging. Your choice though, will be interesting either way

42. TouchyFM
    Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    I think it would be interesting if you did edit the finances like that, because the takeover was almost immediate, and it would be more challenging. Your choice though, will be interesting either way
    I'll have a think about it, but I am leaning towards completely f*cking up the finances completely
    PatrickLFC likes this.

43. TouchyFM
    Backup
    I'm going to try and get a few updates out tonight. I'm going to start when I lose my next match on a different save, it's just not happening though...

44. TouchyFM
    Backup

COPPA ITALIA QUARTER-FINAL

Name:	inter parma.png
Views:	262
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	820988

Name:	icardi.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	820991

We bow out of the Coppa Italia but I'm not too disheartened. We didn't play particularly badly but I can't say we deserved anything out of the game, the better side won. Mauro Icardi sealing Inter's passage to the semi-final with a strike 15 minutes from time.

We did really well to get to the quarter-final, beating Lazio isn't easy (even though we've done it twice this season). Inter are obviously a much better team than us so I'm not too disappointed with a defeat. I'm not expecting too much from our game away at Torino next time out, a point would be very nice though.
    xJamieWilliams likes this.

45. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 22

Name:	torino parma.png
Views:	278
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	820993
    Name:  torins parms.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  65.2 KB

Three words. Smash and grab. There was no way on earth that we even deserved a point from this, never mind three, but I don't care! I thought we were in for a pasting when our defence just gave up life and let Barreto score a simple goal. But an unfortunate own-goal from Kamil Glik meant the scores were tied at half-time. The second-half was actually much tighter than the first, and Massimo Coda rounded off a swift counter-attack to secure us all three points, incredible!

We edged Torino by one goal earlier in the season, so to do it again was fantastic. The determination and unity of this team is wonderful; in defence we are becoming fantastic (apart for their goal). I actually think we've got a really winnable game coming up at home to AC Milan, who have been complete and utter dogsh*te for most of the season.

46. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 23

Name:	parma milan.png
Views:	262
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	821000

Name:	alex.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	821001

This was one of the worst games I've ever overseen as a manager on any Football Manager game ever. It was dire. Neither side deserved a win on gameplay alone, although Milan should have won it 5 minutes from time when Alex missed a penalty.

Before the season started, a draw against Milan would have been fantastic. But they've been terrible this season and were there for the taking. Ah well, there's always next time: Sassuolo away.

47. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 24

Name:	sassuolo parma.png
Views:	251
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	821006
    Name:  sass parms.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  40.0 KB

Another poor game of football but this one we deserved to win. We restricted them to very few attempts on goal whilst we created a few chances of our own, but both are strikers were guilty of not doing their jobs properly. A draw does see us finish February unbeaten in the league, which is one positive.

8 points from 12 in February is very good, and I'll talk more about it in my February review coming up. I'm disappointed not to have won this game due to our domination, but away points are really good. Onwards and upwards.

48. TouchyFM
    Backup

FEBRUARY REVIEW

So, another month has passed, and it's been another month of pure progress. We were unbeaten in our four league games, amassing a total of 8 points from a possible 12. We didn't shame ourselves in the cup defeat to Inter, and I can now say that we are realistically looking at achieving a Europa League spot. We only play three games in March before a really tough April, where we have to play Roma, Juventus, Inter and Napoli. Here's a reminder of the results we achieved in February:

Name:	Schedule_  Senior Fixtures-11.png
Views:	223
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	821323

The league table is looking very healthy as we sit in 8th place. As the Serie A is only ranked fourth in Europe, they are granted three Champions League places, and two Europa League places via league ranking. An additional one Europa League spot is handed to the winners of the Coppa Italia. I think if both teams in the Coppa Italia final have already qualified for European competition through the league table, then the last Europa League spot is given to the team in 6th place, correct me if I'm wrong.

Name:	Serie A TIM_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	252
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	821313

I said that we were going to fight for Europe, but that really won't be easy as we have to finish 5th or hope Coppa Italia results go or way and then finish 6th. We're 7 points behind 5th placed Roma who have two games in hand so that's looking increasingly unlikely, we'll need a perfect finish to get even close to them. I am aiming for 8th this season now, so if we can consolidate, I'll be more than happy. We do have some pretty tough fixtures to negotiate in March, here's who we face:

Udinese (A)
    Fiorentina (H)
    Chievo (A)

I'd quite like 5 points here, I reckon we can beat Fiorentina and get draws at Udinese and Chievo. That might sound ambitious, but that's who I am, I want to beat the best (or draw with them, okay I'm not that ambitious). Fiorentina could draw with us and we could even beat Chievo, but we'll see just how well we deal with them all. I'm going to start sifting through my squad too in order to work out who I want to keep and sell, and what positions need strengthening, but I already know that there're a lot.

49. TouchyFM
    Backup

SERIE A MATCHDAY 25

Name:	udinese parma.png
Views:	226
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	821344
    Name:  thereau.JPG
Views: 284
Size:  15.8 KB

We got what we deserved in the freezing cold in Udine as we slipped to a 1-0 defeat. The game was played in -10°C temperatures as a defensive game deservedly went Udinese's way. Neither side created too many chances, but the one Udinese did create was nicely finished by Cyril Théréau.

This was really disappointing as the boys just didn't turn up. We need to be a hell of a lot better against Fiorentina if we want to get anything out of the game, but I believe in the boys to perform, FORZA PARMA!

50. Very good read so far and you are doing well to. Am in my 3rd season with Inter and Parma are in Serie B with Zinedine Zidane as there manager and struggling to get promoted.

Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO