Like Tree1746Likes

Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

1. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    I always prefer dark skins because the ones with many colours are to tiring for the eyes I think. Check out these two if you want : 1. Alavanja 15 Pro Eyegasm
    2. FM FLUT skin dark version v.2.7.
    I'll have to have a look at those, I think I would prefer dark skins as well so it's not too bright. Thanks very much
    kolas79 likes this.

2. Malmo are looking depleted! I bet the players you have signed from there, the values will have quadrupled!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by JamesScott2908 View Post
    Malmo are looking depleted! I bet the players you have signed from there, the values will have quadrupled!
    More or less, they've certainly shot skyward at any rate! A whole host of clubs picking up some absolute bargains :/
    JamesScott2908 likes this.

4. Malmö Transfers...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 4.19.57 pm.png
Views:	497
Size:	712.9 KB
ID:	960511

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 4.19.59 pm.png
Views:	495
Size:	705.5 KB
ID:	960514

Malmö have finally made a signing, and it’s a good one.

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 4.20.43 pm.png
Views:	497
Size:	606.1 KB
ID:	960513

They follow that up by trying to pinch Zouma from me, and whilst it would be great for them, I don’t have any wish to sell him.
    CraigWL, kolas79 and Davey Jones like this.

5. CraigWL's Avatar CraigWL
    First Team
    That's a bit of a daft offer for a player like Zouma...
    PatrickLFC likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by CraigWL View Post
    That's a bit of a daft offer for a player like Zouma...
    Definitely! They've since come back with a larger offer but I turned it aside too. I like the ambition they're showing though, hopefully they can bring in players of a similar quality.
    CraigWL and JamesScott2908 like this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Definitely! They've since come back with a larger offer but I turned it aside too. I like the ambition they're showing though, hopefully they can bring in players of a similar quality.
    That 's exactly what I thought when I saw the tranfer offer ! But who can blame them , they manage to improve amazing as a club with you in charge !
    CraigWL and PatrickLFC like this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    That 's exactly what I thought when I saw the tranfer offer ! But who can blame them , they manage to improve amazing as a club with you in charge !
    Great minds think alike! Their reputation is pretty high now so hopefully they can sign some quality players and at least be Champions League regulars
    kolas79 likes this.

9. I've just read all story, and one word - amazing the greatest menager story I've ever seen, keep it going !!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by makaveliAFC View Post
    I've just read all story, and one word - amazing the greatest menager story I've ever seen, keep it going !!
    Thank you very much my friend, I really appreciate the kind words, and I'm glad that you've enjoyed it so far There is more to come!
    Barca4ever11 and makaveliAFC like this.

11. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 11.18.14 pm.png
Views:	535
Size:	710.1 KB
ID:	960615

Fantastic news that Elfsborg and IFK are both through to the playoff for the Europa League!

Malmö Transfers...

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 11.24.08 pm.png
Views:	527
Size:	767.2 KB
ID:	960618

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 11.24.11 pm.png
Views:	533
Size:	729.0 KB
ID:	960621

Another quality signing for Malmö. Expensive too, I’m impressed!

12. Thank You!!!

I just want to thank everyone who has read, followed, supported and commented on this story! Thanks to you guys, Malmö FF - A Swedish Adventure has been an unprecedented success, having reached and surpassed 200,000 views, 1500 responses and 1600 likes! I never imagined that my first ever story would be so well-received and particularly well supported! There have been times when I'd lost interest in it, but thanks to your encouraging comments, I kept going, and I still am! Who would have thought that a story about a little Swedish club would have been so well received? Not me!

So thanks everyone, and I hope you continue to enjoy the ride, even if it's with Juventus now. I'm looking forward to beginning a story with FM16 closer to it's release date, rather than 6 months later, and hopefully it will be even more enjoyable for you guys to read!

Speaking of which, for those of you who haven't seen it, I'd love for you to check out my relatively short Be A Player story, which is also incomplete. I hope to make more progress on it in the next couple of weeks, although I don't expect to finish the career as was the original aim, but hopefully it's still an enjoyable read.

A kid with a plan - Patrick Liljenqvist

Special thanks to Lippo255, JamesScott2908, Yeti01 and Barca4ever11, who have been the biggest supporters of this adventure, right from the beginning, through 150 pages and more! You guys, with the occasional exception of Lippo (
    ), are awesome!
    Barca4ever11, Yeti01 and dllu like this.

13. Congratz man , amazing story !

can u post team and player instructions for your 4-2-3-1 tactic ? Thanks
    PatrickLFC likes this.

14. Thanks for the shout mate, Been a really enjoyable read, Kept me interested through 152 pages! Enjoyed the Malmo domination and I am looking forward to seeing what happens with Juventus! Hopefully a big cup will be on the horizon for you! Keep it up mate!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

15. Thanks man for including me in the "PatrickLFC's story hall of fame"
    It's a huge honor,and i hope and wish to continue your great story,cause i enjoyed every second reading it,it's a massive pleasure,and i'll give u my support.
    Also,i readed every singlo post in your Bap story,fantastic story,even you're kinda newbie,you're a legend !
    Hail Patty,Hail Malmo,Hail Juve and at last but not the least,hail Liljenqvist !
    PatrickLFC likes this.

16. Quote Originally Posted by torresinhobre View Post
    Congratz man , amazing story !

can u post team and player instructions for your 4-2-3-1 tactic ? Thanks
    I'd be happy to except that I'm in a couple of intense online games at the moment Send me a PM and I can send it to you if you like

17. Quote Originally Posted by JamesScott2908 View Post
    Thanks for the shout mate, Been a really enjoyable read, Kept me interested through 152 pages! Enjoyed the Malmo domination and I am looking forward to seeing what happens with Juventus! Hopefully a big cup will be on the horizon for you! Keep it up mate!
    It was the least you deserved, thanks for all your support! Hopefully I can succeed with Juve too!

18. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Thanks man for including me in the "PatrickLFC's story hall of fame"
    It's a huge honor,and i hope and wish to continue your great story,cause i enjoyed every second reading it,it's a massive pleasure,and i'll give u my support.
    Also,i readed every singlo post in your Bap story,fantastic story,even you're kinda newbie,you're a legend !
    Hail Patty,Hail Malmo,Hail Juve and at last but not the least,hail Liljenqvist !
    Haha no problem my friend, thanks for all of your support! Glad to hear you enjoyed the BaP as well, hopefully I can make a bit more progress on that too before FM16
    Barca4ever11 likes this.

19. Thanks Patty - its been emotional.
    Barca4ever11 and PatrickLFC like this.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Yeti01 View Post
    Thanks Patty - its been emotional.
    Thanks Yeti!!

21. For sure your story has been an amazing achievement !! I was so suprised that you kept staying in Malmo even though the swedish league was becoming more and more boring and easy ! This and the Jamie Carragher story (from xjamie williams) are the most interesting stories I have ever read. Congrats for continuing the story for so long , and thank you for the company that you keep me during my boring working hours in the office !!!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

22. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    For sure your story has been an amazing achievement !! I was so suprised that you kept staying in Malmo even though the swedish league was becoming more and more boring and easy ! This and the Jamie Carragher story (from xjamie williams) are the most interesting stories I have ever read. Congrats for continuing the story for so long , and thank you for the company that you keep me during my boring working hours in the office !!!
    Thanks mate, I'm very glad you've enjoyed this, and to put it next to Jamie's is a huge honour Thanks for your support too, your comments have been very much appreciated! Hopefully you continue to enjoy it

23. Malmö Transfers...

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 11.26.34 pm.png
Views:	460
Size:	718.7 KB
ID:	960977

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 11.26.43 pm.png
Views:	471
Size:	709.2 KB
ID:	960978

With the Swedish transfer window having closed, I discovered that Malmö had made another two signings which I’d missed. Both of them look pretty decent as well, though the squad still has nothing on the juggernaut I had assembled there. Evidence enough is the fact that an unbeaten league season is no longer on the cards, following a 1-0 defeat at home to Häcken. :/

Transfer News...

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 11.38.22 pm.png
Views:	509
Size:	685.3 KB
ID:	960979

Found my new right back! Not an enormous upgrade on my current options, but still a quality player who will definitely strengthen our defence. Cacares will make way.
    Barca4ever11 and makaveliAFC like this.

24. Corchia's a good choice,no world-class,true,but a fullback who does his job.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Corchia's a good choice,no world-class,true,but a fullback who does his job.
    Yeah he's a good all round player, and I would have had to pay enormous money for anyone better than him
    Barca4ever11 likes this.

26. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 11.35.14 pm.png
Views:	388
Size:	721.0 KB
ID:	961132

Good news for Malmö, as they will receive half of this fee thanks to my foresight

Transfer News...

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.13.42 am.png
Views:	403
Size:	721.1 KB
ID:	961133

I needed a fifth centre back, preferably a young prospect, and so I met the release clause of a hugely talented German who I’d never been able to afford when I was at Malmö. His agent was an absolute nightmare, but eventually we agreed terms. I have no doubt he’ll be worth a lot more than 17m one day!

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.13.46 am.png
Views:	392
Size:	742.5 KB
ID:	961136

27. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.11.02 am.png
Views:	381
Size:	617.9 KB
ID:	961196

It was always a mystery to me that Santos never received even a youth call-up for Brazil, but it seems that he’ll be skipping that stage and going straight into the senior side. Brazil are going to be seriously tough to beat with Santos and Neymar running the show. Romagnoli also receives an Argentina call-up, reverting to the nation of his youth after 14 U21 caps for Italy.

Injury News...

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.11.17 am.png
Views:	380
Size:	651.7 KB
ID:	961199

An annoying injury which will see him miss the Super Cup, but fortunately nothing long term.

28. Quality DM you've bought,young,cheap and versatyle. New Alaba ?!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Quality DM you've bought,young,cheap and versatyle. New Alaba ?!
    The German? He's actually a CB primarily, and that's where I'll probably use him. If he ends up anywhere near as good as Alaba I'll be delighted!
    Barca4ever11 likes this.

30. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    The German? He's actually a CB primarily, and that's where I'll probably use him. If he ends up anywhere near as good as Alaba I'll be delighted!
    Yeah,seems that i need glasses
    I saw in the pic that he's a CD,but i wrote DM instead. Dumb me .
    PatrickLFC likes this.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Yeah,seems that i need glasses
    I saw in the pic that he's a CD,but i wrote DM instead. Dumb me .
    No worries haha happens to the best of us
    Barca4ever11 likes this.

32. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.12.57 am.png
Views:	542
Size:	718.0 KB
ID:	961203

The start of a new era?

33. best of luck my friend !!!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

34. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    best of luck my friend !!!
    Thanks mate, hopefully all goes well!

35. If I could make a small tactical suggestion. Since you took over Juventus why not trying a new system approach more near to Italian football ? A 3-5-2 (where you can use Corchia and Asamoagh as attacking full backs) or maybe a 3-4-3 (cause you have good wingers with great finishing). It could also be a new challenge to make your save even more interesting!
    I am saying that because I believe that the team you‘ve built is perfect for these two formations.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

36. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    If I could make a small tactical suggestion. Since you took over Juventus why not trying a new system approach more near to Italian football ? A 3-5-2 (where you can use Corchia and Asamoagh as attacking full backs) or maybe a 3-4-3 (cause you have good wingers with great finishing). It could also be a new challenge to make your save even more interesting!
    I am saying that because I believe that the team you‘ve built is perfect for these two formations.
    Interesting suggestion, I couldn't drop Romagnoli for Asamoah, but he'd make an excellent wing back I'm sure. Not convinced I have the depth at CB to try it though. I'll have to have a look but I have three formations which I'm very happy with at the moment. I'll definitely look into it next time I load the save though, might be a good one to try

37. Good suggestion,kolas,but hey...i love your attacking 4231 Patty.
    kolas79 and PatrickLFC like this.

38. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Good suggestion,kolas,but hey...i love your attacking 4231 Patty.
    Hahaha I love it too
    kolas79 and Barca4ever11 like this.

39. Supercoppa Italiana - Sampdoria (Neutral)

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 7.18.56 pm.png
Views:	444
Size:	731.4 KB
ID:	961404

A number of new signings, namely Santos, Romagnoli, Corchia, Gimenez and Castellano, start, with youngster Raccogli on the bench. Chiellini misses out through injury, along with new signings Kardum and Jourdan. Sampdoria’s new signing Dorian Delahaye will be one to watch.

Our first real chance came in the 19th minute, as Pogba’s angled pass found Pratto, who forced a good save and a corner from the Sampdoria keeper.

It was Pratto who then got us on the board in the 43rd minute with a spectacular volley from Malcom’s cross, which thundered into the roof of the net!

An ambitious long ball from Sampdoria’s right back somehow went straight through the defence, and became a footrace between former Malmö team-mates Delahaye and Castellano. Castellano ended up leaving it for Delahaye and retreating to his goal, which had me worried, but he made an excellent near-post save.

In the 61st minute Malcom went down injured, and was replaced by Pedro.

Asamoah replaced Pratto in the 79th as we switched to a 4-3-3 with Vidal as the DM.

Santon for Romagnoli was my final change in the 81st minute.

Castellano once again came up trumps in the 89th minute with a brilliant save.

A good win and a nice trophy to begin my Juventus career, against a very strong Sampdoria side. Solid performances all around without any brilliant ones - Castellano was most impressive in my opinion. I’m sure things will only improve as the team begins to gel.

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 7.27.35 pm.png
Views:	439
Size:	767.7 KB
ID:	961405

POM: Frederik Sørensen (Sampdoria - 7.6, 0G, 0A)

Best Juventus Players: Nicolás Castellano (7.6, 0 conceded, 5 saves) and Sébastien Corchia (7.6, 0G, 0A)
    ninjaskill and Barca4ever11 like this.

40. Injury News...

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 7.27.45 pm.png
Views:	428
Size:	660.0 KB
ID:	961448

Unfortunately, Malcom’s injury sees him ruled out for 4 weeks. A shame as he was one of the better performers in the Super Coppa.

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 9.01.27 am.png
Views:	427
Size:	746.3 KB
ID:	961449

Malmö get a hiding from Slovan Bratislava to all but kick them out of the Champions League. Very sad to see.

41. Damn Malmo Seems that you were all that Malmo had.
    Not a big win,but an important trophy though.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Damn Malmo Seems that you were all that Malmo had.
    Not a big win,but an important trophy though.
    Poor Malmo, starting to think I should have stayed with them!
    Barca4ever11 and Yeti01 like this.

43. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 9.05.35 am.png
Views:	620
Size:	650.7 KB
ID:	961897

Helsingborg have the best chance of making the Europa group stage out of the Swedish teams (other than Malmö ), after an away draw. Elfsborg lost 4-0 on the road to AZ, and IFK lost 4-2 at Vitesse.

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 9.04.57 am.png
Views:	620
Size:	631.0 KB
ID:	961899

Santos makes his Brazil debut!

44. that santos guy looks sick!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Linecoigne1998 View Post
    that santos guy looks sick!
    Yep he's an absolute monster!
    Linecoigne1998 likes this.

46. Congrats on 1st win and 1st trophy! Start of many I hope! Weird seeing Malmo getting such a trouncing!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

47. Quote Originally Posted by JamesScott2908 View Post
    Congrats on 1st win and 1st trophy! Start of many I hope! Weird seeing Malmo getting such a trouncing!
    Thanks man, hopefully! And yeah it is - Slovan Bratislava too. Wouldn't have happened under my watch

48. Injury News...

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 9.08.25 am.png
Views:	482
Size:	640.6 KB
ID:	962679

Another annoying injury just before the season starts. He’ll miss at least our first game.

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 10.16.03 am.png
Views:	485
Size:	708.4 KB
ID:	962680

Huge respect to Malmö, who managed to turn around their playoff in sensational style!
    Lippo255, kolas79, Yeti01 and 1 others like this.

49. Serie A - Game 1 - Empoli (Home)

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 10.19.06 am.png
Views:	406
Size:	767.1 KB
ID:	963290

The first league game of my Juventus tenure is against Empoli, a decent mid-table side, in a match we should be expecting to win.

In just the 3rd minute, a corner fell to Gimenez, who slammed it, but the keeper made an excellent stop.

20 seconds later, Santos hit the inside of the post with a looping header.

Three former Malmö players in Santos, Kardum and Romagnoli combined down the left in the 5th minute, before the latter sent in a sumptuous cross for Fierro to power into the net with a header.

In the 9th minute Kardum skinned two players before unleashing a vicious shot which shattered the crossbar! Fierro reacted fastest to turn it home. That shot of Kardum’s was something else though!

Pedro was on the board in the 11th minute when Santos’ header back across goal from a Corchia cross left him with an easy tap in.

Santos was hacked down in the 24th minute, and a penalty was awarded. Fierro sealed his hat trick from the spot.

Pedro had his second in the 43rd minute, sliding Fierro’s pass under Bardi.

Pogba hit the bar from a 51st minute free kick.

Pedro was taking a beating, so Douglas Costa came on in the 61st minute.

Kardum’s lovely pass in the 72nd unleashed Santos, who embarked on a fantastic run before squaring for Costa, whose shot squeaked through Bardi for our 6th.

Pogba forced Bardi into an excellent diving save with a long range effort in the 74th.

Gimenez’s cracking volley from an 82nd minute corner hit the bar. Pratto replace Kardum and Marchisio Pogba in the 86th.

Vidal earned himself a second yellow card in the 90th and was sent off.

It’s hard to imagine a more dominant performance as we out-shot Empoli 37-0, and they were probably fortunate to only concede 6. Fierro had a hat trick and Santos picked up three assists in a brilliant all round performance. Vidal’s red card, and his reaction to my criticism for it, could be an issue though.

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 10.32.52 am.png
Views:	410
Size:	810.8 KB
ID:	963291

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 10.32.59 am.png
Views:	401
Size:	835.1 KB
ID:	963294

POM: Carlos Fierro (9.7, 3G, 1A)

50. Is this 6-0 thumping a sign of utter domination already?
    Barca4ever11 and PatrickLFC like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO