The Return of the King...

1. The Return of the King...

The Return of the King...
    (An AndySams10 Story)

Name:  Ledley.png
Views: 1016
Size:  41.6 KB

Introduction:

So after a long break from playing FM and writing stories, I feel the time is right to begin another story and hope it will be as successful as a few others I've written in the past.
    After doing a bit of silent reading of a few of the stories on here and looking back at my previous stories that received a lot of interest, I've decided to go down the route of being an ex-player that has ambitions to make a name for themselves as a manager.

With that in mind and being a huge Spurs fan and season ticket holder, there was only one person I could look to take on a managerial journey and that is Spurs legend Ledley King.
    After making 268 appearances for his boyhood team, Ledley's career was cut short in 2012 due to a chronic knee injury. Since retiring from the game he's been heavily involved at the club, he joined as a trainee in 1996, becoming ambassador of the club and helping build the clubs fan base throughout the world, before working with the Under 18s while taking his coaching badges.

Manager Profile:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Home_ My Profile Profile.png
Views:	682
Size:	422.2 KB
ID:	818521

As you can't start managing at Under 18 level, I've made Ledley unemployed, with a continental B license and set his past experience as a professional footballer. Though Ledley made 21 appearances for England, I feel, due to his injuries, he wasn't able to make a big impact on the international stage, so that's why I haven't set him as an International footballer, so Ledley will have to study and learn his trade before he can begin to challenge the very best managers in the world.

Safc-mad-scotty likes this.

2. Nice! Always felt for Ledley King, things could have gone so much better for him.
    AndySams10 likes this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by xJamieWilliams View Post
    Nice! Always felt for Ledley King, things could have gone so much better for him.
    Cheers mate. Yeah, having seen him play, in my opinion, if he hadn't of had the injuries he would've become the best defender in England and up there with the best in the world. Hopefully I can replicate how good he was on the pitch, off it as a manager.

4. Name:  Kilmarnock.png
Views: 563
Size:  48.5 KB

14th July 2014

KING TURNS DOWN KILMARNOCK

Former Tottenham Hotspur star Ledley King has rejected the chance to return to football by turning down the vacant managerial role at Rugby Park.

King, 33, had been in talks with Kilmarnock Chairman Michael Johnston early this morning, but reports are suggesting the deal broke down due to King's reluctance to work at a high profile club in his first managerial role.

" Yes the rumours are true. We met with Ledley and his representatives today regarding the
    vacant managerial role here. But after lengthy discussions, Ledley felt he needed to build his
    reputation further before accepting a role at a high profile club. Though we are
    disappointed, we fully understand Ledley's views and wish him all the best. "
    Said Michael Johnston.

A spokesman for King added;

" Ledley was flattered to be offered the role of Manager at Kilmarnock. Unfortunately the
    offer has come at the wrong time with him just starting his managerial career and he wishes Mr
    Johnston and Kilmarnock the best for the future. "

With Ledley King now out of the running for the Kilmarnock job, it leaves former Ipswich Town and Southampton Manager George Burley the bookies firm favourite to land the job.

5. Name:  Barca.png
Views: 500
Size:  42.6 KB

10th October 2014

KING HEADS TO SPAIN!

Struggling Barcelona 'B' have today appointed Ex-Tottenham Hotspur legend Ledley King, as their new manager on a deal until the end of the 2014/15 season.

Currently sitting 21st in Liga Adelante, the reserve team to FC Barcelona, parted company with Jordi Vinyals early in the week after picking up a dismal four points from a possible twenty one. Though they can't get promoted to La Liga, Chairman Josep Maria Bartomeu is keen on the team challenging further up the table, while developing youth players to break into the first team in the future.

" We feel Ledley is the right person to change the current fortunes of this team. He brings
    a wealth of experience working with young players and helping to develop them into future stars of the
    game and we hope he can replicate what he did at Tottenham Hotspur here at Miniestadi, allowing
    our bright young prospects to feature in our first team. "
    Added Mr Bartomeu.

Name:	LIGA adelante_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	587
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	818621

With the Catalan club just one place off the bottom of the league, Ledley clearly will have his work cut out to make sure Barcelona 'B' stay in the division, but it's a challenge he is clearly looking forward too, as he embarks on his first managerial job.

" Many people may see this as a unusual opportunity to accept, with Barcelona 'B' not being
    able to win promotion. But this chance allows me to work at one of the biggest clubs in the world,
    where I can learn and improve working alongside some top coaches, in a less pressured
    environment. It's a short term deal, which myself and the Chairman have agreed, so if an
    offer comes along where I feel it's too hard to turn down I'll be able to leave with his blessing. "
    King
    commented on the clubs official website.

There is a press conference scheduled for later this afternoon at Miniestadi, where Ledley will be unveiled in front of the Spanish media.

6. Name:  Barca.png
Views: 472

10th October 2014

PRESS CONFERENCE:

Name:  Press Conference.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  4.7 KB

Luis Amores: " Ledley, what made you decide to come to Spain and work here at Barcelona 'B'? "

Ledley: " There is so much pressure on managers these days to get success immediately. By working here,
    I can improve my management skills and learn in a less pressured environment amongst some of
    the best coaches in Europe at one of the worlds biggest teams. "

Luis Amores: " Surely then you are using Barcelona 'B' as a stepping stone to further your career? "

Ledley: " Myself and the Chairman have spoken at length about my future here. He felt the team
    needed a change and asked me to work with the side on a short term deal. With us not being able to
    get promoted, but play in a competitive league, it's the right move for me at this stage of my career. "

Pablo Berengeur: " Jordi Vinyals was sacked due to expectations not being met. Do you have confidence
    that you can bring results up to scratch from the start? "

Ledley: " I'm looking forward to getting stuck into the task and firmly believe the players here are good
    enough to achieve what's been asked of them. "

Pablo Berenguer: " Do you think the next three fixtures give you a good start to begin picking up points? "

Ledley: " I think there are points definitely to be had and I'm keen to get us off to a good start. "

*** End of Press Conference ***

7. Name:  Barca.png
Views: 475

OCTOBER 2014:

LIGA Adelante
    12/10/14 - El Sardinero

Racing (0 - 1) Barcelona 'B'
    Sergi Juste (49), Lionel Enguene Sent Off (92)

LIGA Adelante
    19/10/14 - Miniestadi

Barcelona 'B' (1 - 0) Alcorcon
    Joan Roman (31)

LIGA Adelante
    25/10/14 - Heliodoro Rodriguez Lopez

Tenerife (1 - 0) Barcelona 'B'

LEAGUE TABLE:

Views:	503
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	819404

Ledley:
    " To pick up six points in my opening three games is very pleasing indeed. The players are beginning to understand the philosophy I'm keen on us playing and have trained extremely well these past couple of weeks.
    I feel we need a striker to really help us be more clinical in the attacking third and that's something I will speak with the Chairman when the transfer window re-opens in January. Unfortunately both Dongou and Sandro have been loaned out for the season, which leaves us very short upfront. "

Last edited by AndySams10; 15/04/2015 at 10:00 PM.
    joshcoles224 likes this.

8. Great start - He's someone that always, to me at least, seemed to read the game really well as a player so it makes sense that he'd have the smarts to be a great manager.
    AndySams10 likes this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yeti01 View Post
    Great start - He's someone that always, to me at least, seemed to read the game really well as a player so it makes sense that he'd have the smarts to be a great manager.
    Thanks mate, that's the reason I've decided to be him, has all the attributes to be a top manager.......hopefully I can fulfil that potential.

10. I've also had a great save with Barcelona 'B' this year on FM - they're great fun although I found it really frustrating winning the league and not being able to get promoted as both teams cannot be in the same league.

In my third season Xavi was moved to the 'B' team and he was incredible even at his old age.

One thing I will point out that you may not be aware of...if for example Xavi gets moved to the 'B' squad his wages (roughly £250K I think) begin to come out of your wage budget as opposed to the main squad. This will effect your control of finances attribute as you won't have a transfer budget to compensate the big hit whilst the board will not extend your wage budget.

Not sure if this will be sorted on database version 15.3

This was the issue I found and ultimately led me to become frustrated and resign after I won the league.

Nonetheless, I will follow this.

Best of luck.
    AndySams10 likes this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    I've also had a great save with Barcelona 'B' this year on FM - they're great fun although I found it really frustrating winning the league and not being able to get promoted as both teams cannot be in the same league.

In my third season Xavi was moved to the 'B' team and he was incredible even at his old age.

One thing I will point out that you may not be aware of...if for example Xavi gets moved to the 'B' squad his wages (roughly £250K I think) begin to come out of your wage budget as opposed to the main squad. This will effect your control of finances attribute as you won't have a transfer budget to compensate the big hit whilst the board will not extend your wage budget.

Not sure if this will be sorted on database version 15.3

This was the issue I found and ultimately led me to become frustrated and resign after I won the league.

Nonetheless, I will follow this.

Best of luck.
    Thanks mate, appreciate the heads up. I'm using Barcelona 'B' as a club where Ledley can experiment with tactics and develop his skills, before moving onto another club.

Hope you'll enjoy.

Cheers

12. Name:  Barca.png
Views: 193

NOVEMBER 2014:

LIGA Adelante
    2/11/14 - Miniestadi

Barcelona 'B' (1 - 0) Sporting
    Ivan Hernandez O.G (47)

LIGA Adelante
    9/11/14 - Benito Villamarin

Real Betis (0 - 0) Barcelona 'B'

LIGA Adelante
    15/11/14 - Miniestadi

Barcelona 'B' (1 - 1) Numancia
    Alen Halilovic (Pen 67)

LIGA Adelante
    23/11/14 - El Toralin

Ponferradina (1 - 2) Barcelona 'B'
    Diawandou Diagne (19), Maxi Rolon (56)

LIGA Adelante
    29/11/14 - Miniestadi

Barcelona 'B' (1 - 0) Albacete
    Maxi Rolon (93)

LEAGUE TABLE:

Views:	202
Size:	346.5 KB
ID:	819745

Ledley:
    " A great month for us, as we ended November unbeaten in five games, which saw us propel up the league and away from the relegation zone. The main concern I have is that we aren't finding the back of the net more when we are dominating games, meaning that we are relying on our defence each game to keep the opposition attack under control. That said, I'm delighted with the lads and how they've responded since I took over. "

Last edited by AndySams10; 15/04/2015 at 09:59 PM.

13. Dont really see many people go with the B teams for games so interesting way to start! good luck with the rest of the season!
    AndySams10 likes this.

14. Quote Originally Posted by SamPeters View Post
    Dont really see many people go with the B teams for games so interesting way to start! good luck with the rest of the season!
    Thanks mate. Thought it would be an unusual team to begin with too. A good platform to help Ledley develop, before moving on to make his name somewhere else.

15. Name:  Barca.png
Views: 159

7th December 2014

CLUB STATEMENT:

The club would like to respond to recent speculation regarding the future of manager Ledley King.

We can confirm that a club, which will remain confidential, has made an approach to speak to Ledley. Upon hearing the offer, Ledley came to us and asked if he would be allowed to discuss the vacant managerial job that is available.
    When we agreed that Ledley would become our new manager a few months ago, we knew it was a short term arrangement and though it looks like it hasn't lasted as long as we'd hope, we understand Ledley's wishes.

In the mean time, assistant manager Quique Alvarez will look after the team for the foreseeable future. As always we ask the fans to remain patient during this time and to ignore media rumours.

Yours in sport,

Josep Maria Bartomeu

16. Intrigued...
    AndySams10 likes this.

17. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 188
Size:  40.7 KB

9th December 2014

KING IN TALKS WITH NAC BREDA

Ledley King has today held talks with Dutch club NAC Breda with a view to becoming their new manager. King, who currently is in charge of Barcelona 'B' met with chairman Theo Mommers early this afternoon.

The former Tottenham defender, has only been in charge of the Spanish giants reserve side since October 2014. During his two month reign, he's lifted them from second to bottom up to 14th position in Liga Adelante. Having guided them to five wins in eight games and out of the relegation zone, it's these statistics that have encouraged NAC Breda to make the approach for King's services.

Currently sitting in last position in the Eredivisie and without a win in eighteen games, NAC Breda chairman Theo Mommers will definitely have to work his magic to tempt King into joining De Ratten, as they bid to stay in the division.

PatrickLFC likes this.

18. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    Intrigued...
    All will be revealed soon. Is an interesting opportunity, but one that can lead to an exciting move and a chance to build something special. Stay tuned.........

19. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 178

20th December 2014

DE ROTTEN APPOINT KING

NAC Breda have today appointed Ledley King as their new manager, on a one and a half year deal. The former Barcelona 'B' manager replaces Robert Maskaant, who was sacked after failing to win a single game leaving the club rooted to the foot of the table.

King, who has only been in management a few months, is delighted to be given the opportunity to work in Holland. " I had a really good meeting with Mr Mommers about his plans for NAC Breda. Yes, we are adrift at the bottom of the league, but I feel with the backing from the board to bring in some new players, we can survive the drop and being in the quarter final of the cup gives us lots to look forward too. I know it will be tough to stay up, but I've shown at Barcelona 'B' that I can turn things round quickly and have every faith in my ability to achieve those results here and then we can build for the future. "

Following the appointment of Ledley King, chairman Theo Mommers added. " Of course we are delighted Ledley has agreed to join us. He could've stayed at Barcelona 'B' and seen the season out, but with the challenges ahead, Ledley felt it was the right time to move and we believe he has the right character and determination to help us achieve our short and long term goals. "

With the winter break just beginning, it will give Ledley the chance to run the rule over the squad he has inherited and start to put in place his own ideas, before re-starting the league campaign at home against Feyenoord.

Name:	Eredivisie_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	160
Size:	343.0 KB
ID:	820369

20. Got yourself a nice challenge there!! Will keep an eye to see how Ledley copes with the pressure
    AndySams10 likes this.

21. Quote Originally Posted by deakz View Post
    Got yourself a nice challenge there!! Will keep an eye to see how Ledley copes with the pressure
    Cheers mate. Yeah, felt Ledley needed a challenge and think this gives him a lot of opportunities.

22. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 202

2nd January 2015

KING: 'I'M READY FOR THE CHALLENGE'

Views: 202

Newly appointed NAC Breda boss Ledley King has declared that he's ready for the relegation scrap that awaits him at his new club, despite them being nine points from safety.

With De Rotten currently propping up the Eredivisie, King is confident he can use the experience he gained at Barcelona 'B' to help propel NAC Breda up the league. " I see the current situation very similar to what I faced at Miniestadi. We were in the relegation zone when I took over and within two months we had turned it around and were sat in mid-table. With a few new additions and the opportunity to have a good, uninterrupted month on the training pitch, I'm confident we can put a run of results together to help lift the doom and gloom currently around the squad and fans. "

With the winter break upon the Dutch clubs, the ex-Spurs and England International has wasted little time in looking to improve the squad he inherited from previous manager Robert Maskaant.

First in through the door at Rat Verlegh Stadion, was 17 year old Fulham hot prospect Patrick Roberts, who joins on a season long loan deal.

Name:	Patrick Roberts_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	474
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	820399

Next in was Real Madrid youngster Juan Jose Narvaez. The U20 Colombian forward cost in the region of £250k and joins on a two year contract.

Name:	Juan José Narváez_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	661
Size:	449.3 KB
ID:	820402

The final two signings made by Ledley, were highly rated Juventus youngster Filippo Romagna, who joins on a season loan and lastly joining NAC Breda is Alex Serrano, who will join from Sporting when his contract runs out at the end of the season.

Name:	Filippo Romagna_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	259
Size:	441.0 KB
ID:	820407Click image for larger version

Name:	Álex Serrano_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	241
Size:	452.7 KB
ID:	820408

" When I joined, I knew I had to reduce the age of the squad and I'm very happy the board have made the funds available for me to strengthen the team. I've been looking to offload some players too, as I feel many of them won't fit into how I'm looking to play or my future plans. " added Ledley.

Last edited by AndySams10; 15/04/2015 at 10:02 PM.

23. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 189

JANUARY 2015

Eredivisie
    21/01/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (1 - 0) Feyenoord
    Erik Falkenburg (pen 69)

Eredivisie
    25/01/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (3 - 1) FC Utrecht
    Guyon Fernandez (46,56), Erik Falkenburg (70)

Dutch Cup - Quarter Final
    28/01/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (3 - 3) PSV
    (4-4 after extra time) NAC Breda win 5-3 on penalties
    Patrick Roberts (1,27), Guyon Fernandez (7,102)

*** NAC Breda will play Ajax in the Semi Final ***

LEAGUE TABLE:

Views:	199
Size:	345.1 KB
ID:	820691

Ledley:
    "An unbelievable month, where we managed to lift ourselves off the bottom of the league and also book a semi final place in the Dutch cup. The lads all deserve a special mention, as they've knuckled down, worked hard in training and are now beginning to see the results out on the pitch, which has seen the fans enjoy a three game unbeaten run. "
    Safc-mad-scotty and mask0991 like this.

24. Ledley working his magic straight away!

Had loads of fun managing in Holland with ADO Den Haag this year so nice to see him make the move to the Eredivisie.
    AndySams10 likes this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Ledley working his magic straight away!

Had loads of fun managing in Holland with ADO Den Haag this year so nice to see him make the move to the Eredivisie.
    Cheers mate, yeah he's seemed to have got them clicking straight away. Hopefully can stay up, then have a full season to really challenge for a place in Europe.

26. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 168

FEBRUARY 2015

Eredivisie
    01/02/15 - Polman Stadion

Hercules (2 - 4) NAC Breda
    Erik Falkenburg (18), Guyon Fernandez (52,63,81)

Eredivisie
    07/02/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (0 - 3) Ajax

Eredivisie
    11/02/15 - Gelredome

Vitesse (0 - 0) NAC Breda

Eredivisie
    15/02/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (0 - 0) FC Groningen

Eredivisie
    22/02/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (1 - 0) ADO Den Haag
    Juan Jose Narvaez (44)

LEAGUE TABLE:

Views:	207
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	820986

Ledley:" We've managed to put some distance between us and Excelsior, who are bottom, so it's been a pleasing start. The injury to Guyon Fernandez has made the goals dry up, so it's an area that we need to improve on. Losing against Ajax was my first defeat since being here and there's no shame in that, except I felt we showed them too much respect and if we want to compete with the best in the league, it's something we need to learn quick. "

27. Cracking story and amazing start to Ledley's NAC career!
    AndySams10 likes this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by andy_14clark View Post
    Cracking story and amazing start to Ledley's NAC career!
    Thanks mate, really appreciate it.

29. Great stuff mate, keen to follow this!
    AndySams10 likes this.

30. Interesting club choice. I'll keep an eye on this. Good luck with success here and hope to see King make big strides in management!
    AndySams10 likes this.

31. Ledy King could of been an all time great! Look forward to see if he can become a managerial great!
    AndySams10 likes this.

32. Quote Originally Posted by mask0991 View Post
    Interesting club choice. I'll keep an eye on this. Good luck with success here and hope to see King make big strides in management!
    Thanks mate. Trying to keep a little realism to the story, so felt a move to the Eredivisie could be pretty realistic, then hopefully build a name for himself, before possibly moving to a bigger club. Really enjoying it at NAC Breda though.

33. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Great stuff mate, keen to follow this!
    Cheers mate, next update shortly.

34. Quote Originally Posted by JamesScott2908 View Post
    Ledy King could of been an all time great! Look forward to see if he can become a managerial great!
    That's what I'm hoping can happen mate. Appreciate the comment, hope you'll enjoy. Cheers
    JamesScott2908 likes this.

35. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 152

MARCH 2015

Eredivisie
    01/03/15 - AFAS Stadion

AZ (1 - 1) NAC Breda
    Juan Jose Narvaez (39)

Eredivisie
    04/03/15 - Willem II-Stadion

Willem II (2 - 3) NAC Breda
    Adnane Tighadouini (7,93), Patrick Roberts (8)

Eredivisie
    07/03/15 - Phillips Stadion

PSV (5 - 2) NAC Breda
    Jeffery Sarpong (23), Guyon Fernandez (56)

Eredivisie
    15/03/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (5 - 0) Excelsior
    Patrick Roberts (7), Jeffery Sarpong (12,15), Erik Falkenburg (19,24)

Eredivisie
    22/03/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (2 - 2) FC Dordrecht
    Erik Falkenburg (pen 23), Menno Koch (86)

LEAGUE TABLE:

Views:	159
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	821184

LEDLEY:
    " We just keep improving with each game that goes by and are slowly moving closer to safety. The disappointment again this month was the heavy defeat to PSV. We were in the game for large periods, but some naive defending left a lot to be desired and with the quality that PSV have upfront they punished our mistakes. With four games left, we have to do our job and not concern ourselves with what's going on elsewhere and hope we've done enough to stay up. "

36. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 142

APRIL 2015

Dutch Cup - Semi Final
    01/04/15 - Amsterdam ArenA

Ajax (1 - 2) NAC Breda
    Menno Koch (73), Erik Falkenburg (pen 93)

*** NAC Breda will play Feyenoord in the Final ***

Eredivisie
    05/04/15 - De Adelaarshorst

Go Ahead (1 - 1) NAC Breda
    Guyon Fernandez (66)

Eredivisie
    11/04/15 - Abe Lenstra Stadion

sc Heerenveen (1 - 3) NAC Breda
    Uros Matic (3), Guyon Fernandez (32,75)

Eredivisie
    19/04/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (1 - 2) FC Twente
    Erik Falkenburg (92)

Dutch Cup - Final
    26/04/15 - De Kuip

NAC Breda (1 - 1) Feyenoord
    1-1 after extra time. NAC Breda win 5-4 on penalties
    Patrick Roberts (85)

*** WINNERS ***

LEDLEY:
    " To win a trophy in my first full season as a manager is a wonderful feeling, but our league status is on the line, as we need to win our last game and hope Willem II lose, or we'll face a relegation play off to stay up. So the cup celebrations will have to wait a while longer until after the league campaign has finished. "

37. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 129

MAY 2015

Eredivisie
    03/05/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (3 - 0) Zwolle
    Patrick Roberts (40), Adnane Tighadouini (53), Own Goal (83)

LEDLEY:
    " Unfortunately this win wasn't enough, meaning we will now face the relegation play offs to stay in the division. If I'd have the choice of staying up or the cup win, I'd of course choose staying in the Eredivisie, but it's now down to myself and the squad to give one last huge effort, so we can enjoy a double celebration at the end of the month. "

Relegation Play Off - 2nd Round Leg 1
    12/05/15 - Jan Louwers Stadion

FC Eindhoven (1 - 1) NAC Breda
    Erik Falkenburg (pen 56)

Relegation Play Off - 2nd Round Leg 2
    16/05/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (2 - 0) FC Eindhoven
    Erik Falkenburg (34), Own Goal (68)

Relegation Play Off - 3rd Round Leg 1
    19/05/15 - Lavans Stadion

Helmond Sport (2 - 2) NAC Breda
    Guyon Fernandez (27,31)

Relegation Play Off - 3rd Round Leg 2
    27/05/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (1 - 1) Helmond Sport
    Patrick Roberts (11)

*** NAC Breda win on away goals ***

LEAGUE TABLE:

Views:	127
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	821956

LEDLEY: " The lads kept their nerve and ensured we stayed up, though it was a nerve wracking end to a very hectic season. I've done the job that was asked of me when I came in and now it's time for me to build my own squad to compete in the Eredivisie at the top end and also a European adventure to look forward too. "

38. Fantastic mate, cup win and survival is an amazing achievement considering the situation when big Ledley took over!

Interested to see who big Ledley manages to get in this summer...
    AndySams10 likes this.

39. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Fantastic mate, cup win and survival is an amazing achievement considering the situation when big Ledley took over!

Interested to see who big Ledley manages to get in this summer...
    Thanks mate, couldn't believe we won the cup, especially scoring late on against Ajax. After that result the players morale were sky high, which played a part in keeping us up too.

Made a very exciting signing and a couple other interesting ones too. All will be revealed a little later.

Appreciate the support.

40. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 101

30th June 2015

Views: 104

LEDLEY KEEN TO BUILD ON CUP WIN

NAC Breda boss Ledley King was in a positive mood when he met journalists this afternoon and declared he was looking forward to building his own squad and taking on some of Europe's finest.

" I look back on last season with a lot of pride, not only did I join when the club were bottom of the league and without a win in seventeen, but I had to work with a squad that was put together by the previous manager. Despite not being able to bring in my own signings, I've got to give credit to the lads who kept us in the division and also led us to winning the cup for the second time in our history. "

King, who joined the Dutch outfit from Barcelona 'B', guided 'De Parel van het Zuiden' to safety after coming through the relegation playoffs and with a European adventure to look forward to in the up coming season, he's determined to strengthen the squad and make sure the team competes in all competitions, rather than struggling at the wrong end of the table.

" I'm looking forward to sitting down with the chairman in the next few days and discussing potential new signings and areas that need developing off the pitch. After a long campaign, the lads will be allowed some extra time off, before we begin the hard work again. The extra games gave me more time to decide who'll feature for me next year and who won't feature in my plans, so though it was a nervy few weeks, there were lots of positives to take. "

With the extra time off, NAC Breda will have just three friendlies, before they entertain league winners Ajax in the Dutch Super Cup at the end of July, before getting their league campaign underway with a trip to newly promoted Volendam.

Sam91 likes this.

41. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 281

1st July 2015

Name:  Bilal Ould Chikh.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  22.7 KB

KING RULES IN THE TRANSFER MARKET

Ledley King today smashed NAC Breda's transfer record to sign one of the games most promising talents. After leading his team to winning the Dutch Cup and Eredivisie safety, King has splashed out £5 million pounds on 18 year old Bilal Ould-Chikh from FC Twente.

The Return of the King...-bilal-ould-chikh_-overview-profile.png

The Inside Forward who played ten times for FC Twente, scoring two goals last term, was being tracked by English sides Arsenal and Everton, but the former Tottenham player swooped in to beat them both and make his first signing, while smashing the previous transfer record in the process.

" Many people will feel we've paid over the odds for such a young player, but having seen him play against us last season and him being scouted thoroughly by our chief scout, I have no doubts Bilal will be a top player for this football club and play a huge part in the clubs future success. "

After spending nearly half his transfer budget, the 34 year old manager continued to bring in players to strengthen his aging side.
    With goalkeeper Jelle ten Rouwelaar turning thirty-five next birthday, King signed Erwin Mulder from rivals Feyenoord for a fee believed to be around 500k.

Name:	Erwin Mulder_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	608
Size:	449.4 KB
ID:	822146Click image for larger version

Name:	Norbert Alblas_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	334
Size:	450.3 KB
ID:	822149

" Jelle came to me in the summer and told me he was keen to begin working towards his coaching badges, as he felt his playing career was coming to an end, with him finding his recovery time taking longer than he wanted. It was always my intention to bring in another keeper as competition for Jelle, but when he made it clear he couldn't cope regularly with the demands of the modern game, I spoke with my scouting team, who brought to my attention that Erwin was unsettled at Feyenoord and that he could be keen to join us.
    Also, joining the goalkeeping ranks is Norbert Alblas, who joins us from Jong Ajax and is highly recommended by my scouting team and will be tutored by Jelle. "

There wasn't just in-comings during the close season, as King also began getting rid of some players who didn't feature in his long term plans. One of those players was leading goal scorer Guyon Fernandez, who despite netting 13 goals found himself on his way to Danish side AaB for a fee of just over £1,000,000. Also leaving was promising 17 year old Dragisa Gudelj, who despite the clubs best efforts to keep him, joined French giants AS Monaco for £2 million pounds.

Name:	Dragisa Gudelj_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	470
Size:	445.0 KB
ID:	822150

" I did everything I could to try and keep Dragisa here, but once he heard about Monaco's interest he made it clear he wanted to leave. Though I understood his desire to join a club of that stature, I was hoping to work with him here and to turn him into a top defender, but it wasn't to be.
    With regards to Guyon being allowed to leave, I felt the offer of £1 million pounds was too good to be turned down and though the fans are disappointed to see him leave, I hope they'll trust me to bring in a replacement who will offer even more than Guyon did last season. "

The NAC Breda fans didn't have to wait long as Ledley made another move in the transfer market, this time bringing in twenty-two year old forward Gino Van Gessel for £700k from Slovakian side Trencin.

Name:	Gino van Kessel_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1011
Size:	448.0 KB
ID:	822153

" I was keen to replace Guyon Fernandez with a forward who is young, hungry and has the potential to be one of the best forwards in the league and after hearing about Gino from my scouts, I moved quickly to secure his signature. After helping Trencin to finish runners up in the league last season, I have every confidence Gino will be crucial to any success we will have this campaign. "

Name:	Vito Wormgoor_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	295
Size:	456.1 KB
ID:	822155Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike van der Hoorn_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	448
Size:	447.1 KB
ID:	822156

With seven players returning to their clubs from loan spells last season, the one area the 'De Rotten' boss needed to strengthen was at the heart of the defence. And he wasted little time in bringing in Vito Wormgoor and Mike Van Der Hoorn from Ado Den Haag and Ajax respectively for a combined fee of around £500k. Joining the new centre back pairing was right back Antonio Marin, who joins on loan from Almeria and left back Salva Ruiz, who also joins on a season loan from Valencia.

42. Name:  NAC Breda.png
Views: 245

AUGUST 2015

Dutch Super Cup
    01/08/15 - Amsterdam ArenA

Ajax (3 - 2) NAC Breda
    Erik Falkenburg (36), Uros Matic (67)

Eredivisie
    04/08/15 - Kras Stadion

Voldendam (1 - 2) NAC Breda
    Gino van Kessel (72,89)

Eredivisie
    08/08/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (3 - 1) Ajax
    Gino van Kessel (31,77), Erik Falkenburg (pen 48)

Eredivisie
    12/08/15 - Riwal Hoogwerkers Stadion

FC Dordrecht (1 - 1) NAC Breda
    Bilal Ould-Chikh (67)

Eredivisie
    15/08/15 - Grolsch Veste

FC Twente (2 - 2) NAC Breda
    Sandro (73), Gino van Kessel (87)

Eredivisie
    23/08/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (3 - 2) AZ
    Sandro (40), Gino van Kessel (49,86)

Eredivisie
    29/08/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (3 - 1) FC Utrecht
    Bilal Ould-Chikh (31), Erik Falkenburg (37), Gino van Kessel (68)

LEAGUE TABLE:

Views:	328
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	822302

LEDLEY: " A perfect month in the league as we are unbeaten after six league games and currently sit 2nd in the the table. The lads have been superb in training and all their hard work has been on show in the early stages of this years campaign.

Name:	Inbox_  Inbox.png
Views:	291
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	822304

A tough draw awaits us in the Europa league, but this is what I wanted to bring to this club. To be able to compete against some of the best teams in Europe and I'm sure the fans will enjoy the experience. "

Safc-mad-scotty and Sam91 like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO