Spartak Varna - A Bulgarian Story

1. Spartak Varna - A Bulgarian Story

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spartak_Varna.png
Views:	1098
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	857303

Spartak 1918 Varna

Hello and welcome to my Bulgarian story starting in the Group "B" league in Bulgaria!

About me and my style:

-
    I love to use youth and buy regens on the cheap
    - I love the thought of building clubs from the ground up into big giants of football
    - Building new stadiums and increasing the fan base of a club is one of my favourite aims

What to expect from the save and story:

- In the early days expect me to kinda rush through it until I get into the top league, and then I will start entering more detail as it gets more interesting!
    - Expect me try to build home grown talent in a bid to increase the stature of the Bulgarian national team
    - Interesting insight on Bulgarian football

Why Spartak Varna?

Well, first off, I was looking for a club in the lower league of Bulgaria which was situated in a big city. This is because my long term plan for the club heavily weighs on how big the potential fan base will be because fans = money! Varna is the 3rd biggest city in Bulgaria with a population of just over 310,000 in the 2011 consensus. This means I'm hoping to eventual get crowds of 25,000 atleast within maybe 6/7 seasons.

The ground already has a pretty massive capacity by the Group "B" standards of 8000. This means for a long time we won't have to expand or build a new stadium for our hopefully expanding fan base.

Here is the overview of the club.

Name:	overview.png
Views:	980
Size:	583.1 KB
ID:	857334

Another reason I chose them is that they already have a relatively quality youth setup going on. With adequate coaching and average youth recruitment. This means I can actively get going on my quest with home grown players. Also because of our location it should be pretty easy to get some good players from our region as the only competition for players in the Varna area is Group "A" side (and fierce rivals) Cherno more.

Here is a quick look at the facilities in place.

Name:	facilities.png
Views:	904
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	857356

Overall the club finances are okay and we should be fine for a few years if we are forced to stay in group "B", however if we do get promoted the financial bonuses of TV money and also the boost in attendance should see our finances soar!

Thanks for reading this introductory post and I hope to have a successful story on here!

Feedback is very welcome

2. Click image for larger version

Views:	834
ID:	857409

Spartak Varna

Pre-season 2014-2015 season

So, it's a funny story here actually, as I started the save with the mid season update to find that Spartak only had 5 real players I'm not sure why that was (anyone care to inform me then please do). Anyway so I restarted it on the default database and found that they had 12 players which was better i suppose!

Anyway, because of this severe lack of players (and talent) obviously I was going to be active in the transfer market.

Name:	full transfers.png
Views:	799
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	857418

Now most of these (all of them bar 2 frees and a loan) are amateur contracts. Now I'm not sure why amateur contracts are such a big thing in Bulgaria but you can get some pretty amazing talent for literally free! Like some players on my team on amateur contracts could easily walk into an English League 1 or 2 team earning £1k a week, it's insane!

Anyway, as the amateur contracts don't really guarantee in the longevity of the players, I won't go through them all, as they could easily all be gone in 8 months time.

However, these are the two signings I managed to get down on permanent contracts.

Name:	dimitrov.png
Views:	774
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	857419

Pretty decent value for money at only £100 p/w! Also great ability for this league and potential to go on and be even better. However our facilities and the quality of football in the league may hinder that progress.

Name:	kozhuharov.png
Views:	782
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	857420

I think you will agree that this is a great find! What a absolute beast for this level and he will champion our midfield! Again, great value too, found him playing in the amateur leagues! Pretty amazing. He's a leading group "B" player with good group "A" potential.

Here's what the squad looked like after the transfer window closed.

Name:	full squad.png
Views:	802
Size:	569.3 KB
ID:	857421

Our friendlies went okay, too.

Name:	fixtures.png
Views:	787
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	857424

We started with a fair draw against Group "B" opponents going on to win against amateur side Svetkavitsa.
    We then lost to a 3rd Division Czech team which was pretty awful, at home too!
    A great draw against Romanian first division side Otelul.
    Another win, this time against non-league Romanians AFC Astra.
    An amazing win away to Group "A" side Neftochimic left me feeling positive!
    An unsurprising loss to Russian giants Kuban left me also feeling possible because of the boost in attendance.
    Lastly, an unsatisfying win against amateur Chernomorets.

All in all, a pretty up and down pre-season but there were some good results in there and I was very pleased with the amount of clean sheets we got.

Now we were also tipped for 5000-1 odds of gaining promotion this year, so don't be afraid to put a fiver on us

But seriously, after all my transfers I think our quality is higher than that and we could be a challenger for a top 5 place if injuries and stuff go our way. It looks really easy to get relegated in this league though as there's only 16 teams, yet FOUR relegation spots. Should be a fun season!

Next will be the first month of the season, August!

3. Good start, should be interesting to follow!

4. Looks promising, I like your objectives!

5. Definitely following. Just started a similar venture in Belarus, although I've gone straight for the mighty BATE

6. Really good start and nice to see a story in another country. Good luck, will be following for sure.

7. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Good start, should be interesting to follow!
    Cheers for following! I've recently starting reading your Malmo story

Quote Originally Posted by reubomad View Post
    Looks promising, I like your objectives!
    Thanks! Hope you'll be following

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin McG View Post
    Definitely following. Just started a similar venture in Belarus, although I've gone straight for the mighty BATE
    Belarus did float through my mind when choosing a country! Feel free to keep me updated on that save

Quote Originally Posted by AndySams10 View Post
    Really good start and nice to see a story in another country. Good luck, will be following for sure.
    Thanks for following!

8. Fantastic start to your story mate, good to have you back on here! Loved your last story so I'm sure this one will be good - will be following!
    TractorBoy7 likes this.

9. Click image for larger version

Views:	790
ID:	857716

Spartak Varna

August 2014

So here we go, the start of the season!

Views:	727
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	857724

And a pretty pleasant start too.
    Losing the first game of the season of a new save is always, always demoralizing. However, we stuck at it.
    At this point, when we are tipped for relegation I'll take any point we can get so I welcomed the 1-1 draw against Pirin.
    But to my surprise we really kicked on after this, earning a tough win back to back.
    And then the amazing happened. We put in an astonishing effort against Botev and were rewarded with a 4-0 win away! Was amazing football to watch too.

So, where do we sit in the league?

Name:	league.png
Views:	1142
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	857726

Our little run at the end of the month puts us up into second, 12 places above our predicted finish and I'm feeling positive for the future! Weirdly after one game Pirin (Blagoevrad) sacked their manager...

September 2014

Can we continue our run from the end of August?

Views:	712
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	857727

Well, almost. We draw against a beatable team at home to start the month. Coming from two nil down to get a point which I suppose is better than a normal 2-2 draw.
    A great, solid 2-0 win away pushed us up the table.
    I rested key players for the cup as I don't feel a cup run is beneficial to us. Amazingly our backups hold Group "A" side Slavia to only 1 goal!
    Resting players proved beneficial in midweek as we come back to win 3-0 at home with a dominant performance.

Another relatively good month considering our predicted finsish. Where are we now?

Views:	735
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	857729

Quite frankly, this is amazing. My signings have all been performing wonderfully and we have a great core of players which has put us into dreamland early in the season!
    Can we stay there?

10. Click image for larger version

Views:	779
ID:	858085

Spartak Varna

October 2014

Can we build upon our early season success?

Views:	689
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	858087

Pretty small sample size here because of the international break.
    A good draw away from home was nice, kept a clean sheet too.
    Then back to back wins at home felt pretty good, again with clean sheets. My defense really seems to be the driving force for this success.

Name:	injury.png
Views:	732
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	858090

Pretty tragic news however, as our top scorer (6 goals in 9 games) goes down injured for quite a while. Will this mean the end to our form?

Here's how the league looks after those 3 games.

Views:	706
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	858092

Early signs for promotion push is looking pretty good! Already 6 points clear of 3rd gives us a comfortable platform.

November & December 2014

I've merged these two months together as there's only one month in December because of the winter break.

Views:	710
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	858095

Yet again, my team performs.
    A great away win against a strong Burgas and a good win at home gave us a good platform going into arguably the toughest league fixture we'll face all year -- Montana away. Montana are favourites for promotion so it felt just as good as win by going there a snagging a point.
    A late winner against Pirin topped off yet another great month for us.

Are we still top?

Views:	767
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	858096

Yes we are, but the gap between 3rd is still only 6 points. As I said earlier, though, Montana are strong. Sozopol are over achievers as are we, as they were predicted 12th at the start of the year. It's possible that they might drop off in the second half of the season.

Winter break 2014-2015 season

No signings in the window as I felt the squad was capable. Good news as top scorer Filipov came back from injury half way through these friendlies and should be ready for the second half of the season.

Name:	friendlies.png
Views:	693
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	858099

Ludogorets and Cherno more were expected losses, yet I'm very disappointed that we lost by such a margin to our fierce rivals in Cherno more. Makes me worried that if we go up we may not last.
    Kaliakra are an amateur Bulgarian side and really gave us a run for our money which concerned me also, however we didn't have a natural right back which I guess can soothe my anger a little bit.
    A 3-1 loss away to a Serbian premier side was expected to and we managed to get a bit of money for appearing in that.
    Two wins against non-league sides gave us some momentum heading into the second half of the season

Youth intake

My favourite time of year

Name:	youth intake.png
Views:	713
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	858101

And we've actually got some talent to work with too! Our youth facilities are adequate which is pretty good for this level of football so they may actually develop too! They only have decent Group "A" potential, but that could still be pretty useful to have on their low wages if they can reach their potential. I could always sell them off for profit anyway.

I think there's some very positive signs here. Considering I'm already producing quality that could be decent for the top league, imagine how good the players will be once I upgrade the reputation of the club and all my facilities. We could easily become self-sustainable. Very good times indeed!
    Last edited by TractorBoy7; 27/05/2015 at 12:29 AM.

11. Click image for larger version

Views:	464
ID:	858551

Spartak Varna

March 2015

So, the second half of the season kicks off!

Views:	366
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	858554

and we've come back on relatively the same form we finished the first half of the season on. With a lovely 3-0 win to start off the month. Winning all 3 home games and taking points from both away games is a great take!
    Back up striker Ognyan Stefanov really stepped up his play

What's the league looking like?

Views:	378
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	858555

Pretty fantastic I must say. 12 points clear in the promotion places and also Montana are still in the Bulgarian Cup which gives us the advantage in the league.

April 2015

Did we push on?

Views:	365
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	858557

Our amazing 19 game unbeaten streak comes to inevitable end. The circumstances were not ideal as Chernomorets has two shots on targets and two goals, where as we managed only to get 1 goal with 21 shots, but i suppose thats football! Atleast it was away to a fairly okay side!
    We don't manage to bounce back straight away despite playing a poor team at home. We got back to winning ways though shortly after, winning back to back games.
    Finishing the month with a fair draw against a farily strong Dobrudzha side.

So after our worst month since opening month, what's occurring?

Views:	400
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	858560

Sitting pretty at the top still. Montana have dropped off a little due to their run in the cup which seems to have an impact on their players. Rakovski's sudden rise to contention is due to 5 loanees all from Group "A", and I have no idea how they got them as when I explored the loan market no big clubs wanted to loan them out to me because "they wanted them to play with higher quality players", bloody cheek.

May 2015

So did we win promotion/championship?

Views:	363
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	858565

What a shit month! Rakovski was a fair game as they are strong so I was happy with a point. We should have beaten Burgas, Lokomotiv and fatigued Montana, yet we couldn't for some reason :/
    At least we won our last game of the season.
    We definitely bottled this though.

Did we mess up our hopes of getting promoted?

Views:	375
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	858568

Wahey!!! Championes, championes, ole ole ole!! What a great, great season from the lads as we battle incredible odds to win the league! I hope you all put a fiver on us at the beginning of the season with those 5000-1 odds

We really, quite frankly, ran away with it in the end. I get rewarded with a contract extension for a year.

Onwards and upswards for next year with our target being survival!
    Stay tuned!

12. Click image for larger version

Views:	454
ID:	858673

Spartak Varna

2015-2016 season meet the team

Goalkeepers

Name:	farnolle.png
Views:	355
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	858675

Name:	james.png
Views:	374
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	858678

Name:	krusharski.png
Views:	360
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	858680

Pretty good range of keepers here. Got our standout new signing, Benin international, 6'5" phenom Farnolle between the sticks. The might David James of all people as our back up goalie and also U21s manager and then a good keeper with some potential currently on loan at new affiliate Nesebar (Who have good training facilities and good youth facilities).

Defenders

Name:	georgiev.png
Views:	350
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	858682Click image for larger version

Name:	grigorov.png
Views:	354
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	858684

Name:	gutsev.png
Views:	359
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	858687Click image for larger version

Name:	kavdanski.png
Views:	347
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	858689

Name:	marchev.png
Views:	368
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	858690Click image for larger version

Name:	munin.png
Views:	356
ID:	858692

Name:	petrov.png
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	858695Click image for larger version

Name:	sabkov.png
Views:	367
ID:	858698

Name:	shopov.png
Views:	351
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	858699Click image for larger version

Name:	venkov.png
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	858702

Name:	yonev.png
Views:	352
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	858705

All that's important here is that I have a top 5 centre back pairing in Gutsev and Kavdanski. We also have a lot of depth and I'm pretty happy with all our pick ups in the summer Potential scattered in places too, I'm hoping we can emulate just a little pick of our defensive successes from last year, if so, we'll be plain sailing.

Midfielders

Name:	chipev.png
Views:	358
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	858720Click image for larger version

Views:	348
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	858721

Name:	donev.png
Views:	353
ID:	858723Click image for larger version

Name:	Iliev.png
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	858725

Name:	kozhuharov.png
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	858727Click image for larger version

Name:	todorov.png
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	858728

Name:	tsvetkov.png
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	858730Click image for larger version

Name:	yanachkov.png
ID:	858731

I've decided to separate midfielders and attacking midfielders. Mainly because I use a DM-CM-CM-AML-AMR-ST formation meaning that I don't really have any LM or RM. As you can see the main focus here is through the middle of the park.

It's normally Tsvetkov as the DM with Chipev and Kozhurahov at the CM spots. However, they normally rotate around alot with Dimitrov getting a bit of play too. Lot's of versatility in my midfield when it comes to who can fill the DM role, so it's all good

Attacking Midfielders

Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	858738Click image for larger version

Name:	doucouré.png
Views:	346
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	858740

Name:	giurdanella.png
Views:	341
ID:	858741Click image for larger version

Name:	hristov.png
Views:	353
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	858744

Name:	ivanov.png
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	858746Click image for larger version

Name:	mazan.png
Views:	356
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	858748

Name:	orlin orlinov.png
Views:	358
ID:	858751Click image for larger version

Name:	radulovic.png
Views:	369
ID:	858754

Name:	sidney.png
Views:	338
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	858757

Sidney is my starting AML. Mazan comes off the bench because of his versatility to play either flank, he'll be a reliable impact player. Doucouré may be the most intriguing player I have ever worked with on FM, he's such a beast of a man and I finally get to use the wide target man role pretty happy with depth I have here!

Strikers

Views:	365
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	858766Click image for larger version

Name:	filipov.png
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	858767

Name:	henrique.png
Views:	361
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	858770Click image for larger version

Name:	stefanov.png
Views:	349
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	858773

Name:	stoyanov.png
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	858774Click image for larger version

Name:	zakov.png
Views:	357
ID:	858776

Henrique is obviously the star man, brilliant at every aspect other than his physical skills. If he can increase his quickness and stamina, he could be lethal at this level! Zakov is a great back up to have too. Other young players with potential are the back ups.

Transfers

Here's the transfer history for the pre-season.

Name:	transfer history.png
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	858781

Tactics

Here's the main tactic I will be employing this season.

Name:	tactics.png
Views:	354
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	858782

Pre-season friendlies

Bit of a mix up here. At the end of the season I got loads of mail saying Spartak vs ... friendly arranged, so I though my assistant had done my pre-season friendlies for me. Turns out that was for the winter break and I only realised this 14 days before the first game of the season so I only had time for 4 games and they were all only two days apart

Name:	friendlies.png
Views:	351
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	858785

We still managed to win all our games pretty comfotably, the Steaua result being the most impressive as they are a top Romanian team.

Feeling quietly confident for this next season!

Last edited by TractorBoy7; 27/05/2015 at 08:25 PM.

13. Click image for larger version

Views:	397
ID:	859675

Spartak Varna

July/August 2015

So the season kicks off, let's see how we started out in the much tougher group "A".

Name:	1st.png
Views:	326
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	859681

Matchday 1 (Sofia) - What a unexpectedly good start! Henrique scoring on his debut felt good as I took a pretty big risk on his lack of physical stats at £1,800p/w. When we had a man sent off and they drew it back I thought we'd bottled it but a penalty managed to put us back in the drivers seat and Dmitrov topped off a fine performance with a goal to give us 3 points to start what should be a tough campaign.

Name:  2nd.png
Views: 325
Size:  58.0 KB

Matchday 2 (CSKA) - Our first home game (Our attendance here was quadruple of our average attendance last term). After coming from behind to take the lead two on the back of the goal of the week by Doucouré and yet another penalty in our favour, I was disappointed that they equalised so late on, but I was still pleased with the performance and the point.

Name:  3rd.png
Views: 331
Size:  46.9 KB

Matchday 3 (Cherno more) - Our first Varna derby! and quite frankly, it was shit Only two highlights the whole game -- them scoring and us hitting the bar. We really could've got a point here, but it was a drab match.

Name:  4th.png
Views: 326
Size:  54.6 KB

Matchday 4 (Levski) - Yet another penalty given to us (3 in 4 games) gave us the lead until the 88th minute until, yet again, we concede late to squander 2 points. However, a draw against one of the better sides in the league is still a good result for us.

Name:  5th.png
Size:  51.5 KB

Matchday 5 (Litex) - A pretty tightly contested match here. Zakov scoring his first goal for the club, for them to come back 4 minutes later with an equaliser. Again though, Litex are a top 3 team in the league so an away point is actually really good!

Name:  6th.png
Views: 335
Size:  49.3 KB

Matchday 6 (Lokomotiv Plovdiv) - At this stage, Lokomotiv were rock bottom with 0 points from 5 games so we really should've won here and we did just that.

Name:  7th.png
Views: 343
Size:  56.4 KB

Matchday 7 (Ludogorets) - Well, our first smashing, it was bound to happen eventually with the unbalance of the league. However, the score line doesn't reflect the game at all. We had 5 clear cut chances and failed to to take them and you need to bare in mind that two of their goals were penalties, so the performance was undeserving of the scorline, but when you make mistakes, you get punished.

Views:	335
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	859697

Happy with our performance s far this season! We're a comfortable 6 points clear of relegation already, and we've shown we can win some games. Quite incredible that Ludogorets are yet to concede a goal!

We have a new signing to announce!

Name:	evans.png
Views:	325
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	859698

Pretty underwhelming sure, but he's our first transfer that we've actually spent money on to get (£3.3k). Obviously, there's some potential here (5 stars in fact) but I'm unsure whether he'll fulfil it. Was worth a punt though, and he'll for sure increase the quality of our youth team.

14. Quote Originally Posted by TractorBoy7 View Post
    Cheers for following! I've recently starting reading your Malmo story
    Thank you! I just read your Hungarian story, it was really good! I was disappointed it ended so abruptly, why was that?

15. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Thank you! I just read your Hungarian story, it was really good! I was disappointed it ended so abruptly, why was that?
    I think I went on holiday and then came back and school had started again? I'm not sure. This save here is me basically trying to emulate that save, but hopefully this will go on for longer.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

16. Click image for larger version

Views:	346
ID:	861349

Spartak Varna

September/October 2015

Name:  1st.png
Views: 298
Size:  54.3 KB

Matchday 8 (Lokomotiv Sofia) - A pretty straight forward win here, not one of the best teams and we had the home team advantage. Grigorov comes in and scores his first goal as normal center back Gutsev was injured.

Name:  2nd.png
Views: 301
Size:  51.0 KB

Matchday 9 (Botev Plovdiv) - Botev are a good team and we were lucky to get a draw thanks to yet another . penalty I'm not even sure we got a single one during our first season! Happy to get a point -- equal game.

Name:  3rd.png
Size:  62.5 KB

Bulgarian Cup 1st Rnd ( Lokomotiv Gorna) - I don't really have much to say here. I fully rotated the team to rest them for the league and my reserves got dominated by this Group "B" team. David James made his debut here... make what you will of that.

Name:  4th.png
Views: 319
Size:  50.3 KB

Matchday 10 (Montana) - We beat Montana for the first time in this save, drawing once and losing once last season in Group "B". Henrique scoring is always good to see, and the attendance wasn't bad, either. Could be relegation battle between us, so it was good to get 3 points from them.

Name:  5th.png
Views: 319
Size:  57.9 KB

Matchday 11 (Beroe) - Ah shit. Not really sure what happened here at all. Possession was either but we looked awful when they had the ball. Disappointing to put on such a poor show to our home fans -- they weren't happy.

Name:  6th.png
Views: 310
Size:  51.6 KB

Matchday 12 (Slavia Sofia) - Second poor performance at home in a row. I'm just not really sure what happened over these two games. We didn't really have any first XI hindering injuries. Atleast Henrique got a goal near the end to improve my mood and the scoreline.

Name:  7th.png
Views: 304
Size:  53.1 KB

Matchday 13 (CSKA Sofia) - A pretty decent result after those two poor performances. CSKA were 2nd at this point so a point away from home against them is pretty good. That's two points drawn from them this season which is a pretty good take considering they're one of the best teams

Views:	301
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	861384

Ludogorets going strong and unbeaten at the top still. Pretty pleased with our position here. I feel comfortable with 9 points between us and the relegation spots. Weird to see Litex doing so awful considering they were challenging for the title just last season. Looks like Lokomotiv Plovdiv are probably going to go down but that second relegation spot could go to anyone from 6th down, so you never know. I think two more wins from our remaining 7 should keep us safe, although I think we can manage more.

So If you read my Rags to Riches, you'll know I constantly pushed the board to improve any aspect of the youth set up. I haven't yet done so on this save since money has been tight, but...

Name:	junior coaching.png
Views:	304
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	861388

Very pleased with this as we now have Average Youth Coaching and Average Youth Recruitment which are good levels for our standard of club. Still need to desperately improve our main squad facilities though, as they are still basic :/ Youth facilities are adequate and won't need upgrading for a while. The main facilities will be the focus for a while, as the youth set up is pretty satisfactory whilst we're not battling for Euro spots.

More signings again now that we have money.

Name:	filipov.png
Views:	297
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	861391

A £40k purchase and a pretty decent prospect. Brought into improve our youth squad, he'll join in the next window. Needs to drastically improve his first touch and passing to be anywhere near first team quality.

Name:	tayou.png
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	861394

£12.75k is a lot better deal than the Filipov deal but i suppose that's because most African clubs need any money they can get. He won't join until next seasons winter break but by then he could have developed better at his current club then he would've here anyway. Hoping because of his nationality he might not get called up to the Cameroon national team and we can convert him to Bulgaria as citizenship only takes 3 years to gain and he could easily be an asset to the Bulgarian national team.

Our first senior affiliate has been signed on. Affiliate's are very important for us in terms of income. They usually pay more than the sponsorships do and also you can sometimes loan some good talent.

Name:	affiliate.png
Views:	293
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	861399

Pretty good affiliate, Belenenses from the top Portuguese league. I don't have have Portugal as an active country so they'll only produce about 2 regens a season. We probably won't be relying on them for loans. They're paying us half of what we'll expect in prize money in the league and they're paying us more than all our sponsorships. Pretty good intake of money and also they boost our knowledge of Portugal.

If anyone wants to give feedback on whether this new in depth updating format is better than last seasons, I'd be welcome to hear from you guys!

17. Click image for larger version

ID:	863203

Spartak Varna

November/December 2015

Name:  14.png
Views: 299
Size:  47.2 KB

Matchday 14 (Cherno more) - Our first victory in the Varna Derby! Once again though, a really boring match as was our last meeting. Henrique getting the goal to put us a head and then nowt happened after that to be honest.

Name:  15.png
Views: 285
Size:  51.2 KB

Matchday 15 (Levski) - Agh. Just a poor, poor performance from us here. Put Levski are alright and we were away from home so that softens the blow. Still disappointed that our defence let in 3 as our defence is the backbone of our team, really.

Name:  16.png
Views: 279
Size:  47.1 KB

Matchday 16 (Litex) - A bore draw against an under performing 'big' team. Not much to say here.

Name:  17.png
Views: 288
Size:  47.5 KB

Matchday 17 (Lokomotiv Plovdiv) - Just a pretty disappointing result, yet again. Plovdiv are bottom of the table so we really could've done with getting the 3 points here. We just didn't perform on the day.

Name:  18.png
Views: 280
Size:  49.0 KB

Matchday 18 (Lodogorets) - This here was pretty much damage control. I knew we were probably going to lose unless i changed tactic, so I made some adjustments and we only let in two goals here. Really we could've scored a few but Henrique was poor and missed all 3 clear cut chances. Ludogorets are still unbeaten.

Name:  19.png
Views: 282
Size:  64.3 KB

Matchday 19 (Lokomotiv Sofia) - Our first real, enticing match with goals from both sides. We really could've controlled this game but conceded a penalty as well as getting our key ball winning midfielder sent off really sent us into a downward spiral in the latter stages of the game. Henrique becomes the first player to score a brace in a game this season.

Views:	286
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	863232

7th looks like our highest possible position now. Lokomotiv Sofia are right on our tail though with an extra £20,000 in prize money being the difference between 7th and 8th. If Litex go down it'll be a huge, huge surprise considering they finished 3rd last season. Slavia Sofia are also a big club. Should be an interesting finish to the league!
    Last edited by TractorBoy7; 30/05/2015 at 04:37 PM.
    AndySams10 likes this.

18. okay, so I thought the season was only 22 games long, as there's only 12 teams and I though we'd do the standard play everyone twice thing. Also the schedule finished after March 6th. Turns out once the initial 22 games finish, you then play 5 other teams twice more, depending on who's in the top or bottom half.

My bad guys, I didn't know this!
    AndySams10 likes this.

19. A reasonable first season in the top flight, even with 5 games to go you'll finish in a decent place. Hopefully some quality signings in the close season to help you kick on. Good luck and keep up the good work.

20. Sorry guys. I just tried to load it up and it's not working. My back up is like half way through season 1... I don't think I'll be continuing this story I'm afraid

21. Quote Originally Posted by TractorBoy7 View Post
    Sorry guys. I just tried to load it up and it's not working. My back up is like half way through season 1... I don't think I'll be continuing this story I'm afraid

Lippo255 and TractorBoy7 like this.

22. This is tragic! Are you going to start a new one?

23. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    This is tragic! Are you going to start a new one?
    yes I am planning to do another story! Not sure who to play as though, I'd be open to suggestions

24. Such a shame this has ended when it was jsut getting started maybe the new story could be in either Slovakia or Slovenia, like you were originally thinking?

25. Quote Originally Posted by cps100 View Post
    Such a shame this has ended when it was jsut getting started maybe the new story could be in either Slovakia or Slovenia, like you were originally thinking?
    Those would be quite similar to this and I think I'll be looking in a new direction. I'm thinking countries with more money to work with. Might do some research on some Bundesliga.2, Liga Adelante, Ligue 2 and Serie B. Also thinking a journeyman story so I don't feel entrapped at one club

26. I have a pretty intriguing idea of a story involving none other than Rafa Nadal. Might pursue that, keep your eyes peeled
    PatrickLFC likes this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by TractorBoy7 View Post
    I have a pretty intriguing idea of a story involving none other than Rafa Nadal. Might pursue that, keep your eyes peeled
    Do Mallorca!! Nadal is from Mallorca, and that's why I like them! I love Nadal, but Federer is the best <3

28. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Do Mallorca!! Nadal is from Mallorca, and that's why I like them! I love Nadal, but Federer is the best <3
    Yeah, that was idea, you've ruined the surprise but yeah, he used to be a shareholder during the early 2010s but i learned today that someone bought his shares a while ago so that takes away the magic of the story, although I assume he still holds sway amongst some members of the board, maybe??? anyway I was hoping they might have an affiliation in Spain... I had a really good plot line for that but they don't oh well. Looks like a Nadal based story is in the pipeline. I have my final exams this week so I should be able to slog out alot of FM afterwards
    Lippo255 and PatrickLFC like this.

29. Quote Originally Posted by TractorBoy7 View Post
    Yeah, that was idea, you've ruined the surprise but yeah, he used to be a shareholder during the early 2010s but i learned today that someone bought his shares a while ago so that takes away the magic of the story, although I assume he still holds sway amongst some members of the board, maybe??? anyway I was hoping they might have an affiliation in Spain... I had a really good plot line for that but they don't oh well. Looks like a Nadal based story is in the pipeline. I have my final exams this week so I should be able to slog out alot of FM afterwards
    Hahaha I'm sorry, I have had the same idea before that's all! Go for it!
    TractorBoy7 likes this.

30. if anyone wants to add me on steam, feel free to PM me on here and I'll give you my steam details. Would love to talk FM with you guys

31. Mallorca would be good! Interesting challenge and Rafa Nadal involved
    TractorBoy7 likes this.

32. Got bored and replayed the lost season, therefore updates for this may recontinue

33. Click image for larger version

Views:	308
ID:	879641

Spartak Varna

End of 2015/16 season

Going to make this quite quick as I didn't screenshot any of the emails saying who won which awards as I wasn't sure whether I was going to continue this story.

However, I did manage to re-do the season and I'll pick up from where we left off in the last update which was finishing the first half of the season before the winter break.

Views:	332
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	879647

Just a quick reminder to all those who didn't read an earlier post. After the initial 22 games of the regular season have been played, the table gets split into two "leagues" of 6, bottom half and top half. I finished the regular season in 8th therefore I was put into the bottom half league. From that point, the 6 teams play eachother another two times, home and away. Thus creating 10 more fixtures and a 32 game season.

On the surface. This fixture list of results looks great as we only lost two games. However, being one of the better teams in the bottom league, this was not too surprising. Winning all homes games was still something to be proud of, however. I integrated several youth products towards the end of the inital 22 games as I thought it was the end of season However, one inparticular product really made a name for himself and actually played about 8 of the 10 extra games (He will be screenshotted for the upcoming 2016/17 pre-season post, don't worry )

In the end, the winter break really helped us settle down in the league and the unbeaten friendly run really gave us momentum heading into the final games.

Views:	245
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	879659

So we actually finish with the 3rd most points in the league I am proud of my team, considering we were tipped to go straight back down we have done remarkably well to hold our own on many occasions.

Ludogorets are champions for the 5th year straight. Gimme a couple years and I hope to knock them off their perch. Montana go straight back down after coming up with us last season. Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) were completely awful all season-long and deserve to go down.

I was happy to move up from our 8th position to 7th as thats £20,000 extra prize money and every little counts when you're a club like us

Feels good to be back

34. Great to see this back!
    AndySams10 likes this.

35. Click image for larger version

Views:	258
ID:	880540

2016/17 season preview

Media prediction: 10th

My aim: Top 6 by the end of the regular 22 games

First team squad (as of 16th August 2016):

Name:	full squad.png
Views:	255
Size:	621.3 KB
ID:	880575

Youth squad (as of 16th August 2016):

Name:	youth squad.png
Views:	239
Size:	616.6 KB
ID:	880577

Key player:

Name:	key player.png
Views:	242
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	880579

Signed him on a free in the last winter break which was obviously undocumented by me as I had to re-do that season. However, he is an absolute steal and a great find by me if i say so myself I'm currently retraining him as a RB as I don't think his concentration or jumping reach will ever be a high enough standard thanks to our piss poor training facilities
    I highly doubt he's going to earn a Brazilian cap, so if he stays with us for another 2 and a half years he qualifies for Bulgaria and he'd walk into that squad. This will help me in the future as I hope to take over the national team.

Best produced youth product so far:

Name:	youth player.png
Views:	303
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	880585

This kid could be something if our facilities and league standard were higher. Although he should still turn out alright and could be with us for a while. It's good to see that, although he'll develop little, we are picking up some good youth early on without the best of junior coaching or youth recruiting. This guy will get little bits of playing time to try and aid his development.

I know a few readers really get interested in the whole building of a club side of things, so here's what the facilities are now looking like after 2 seasons.

Name:	facilities.png
Views:	213
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	880573

Hired a new Head of Youth Development:

Name:	jorge.png
Views:	218
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	880591

Pretty incredible stats if you consider that we're a pretty inadequate team in a declining league (our league rank went down by two). Should help us bring in even better youth and hopefully improve the developing rates.

He's also a top 5 player on the team as a player

Name:	henrique.png
Views:	220
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	880592

You've probably noticed a few players missing from the full squad list...

All will be revealed in the pre-season update which will include transfers

AndySams10 likes this.

36. Quote Originally Posted by TractorBoy7 View Post

I know a few readers really get interested in the whole building of a club side of things, so here's what the facilities are now looking like after 2 seasons.

Love stuff like this, well worth including in my opinion!

37. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Love stuff like this, well worth including in my opinion!
    thanks for the feedback man yeah I think I'll show an update of the facilities every two years so that you can see the difference more clearly over time. They haven't been worked on much as of yet, I'm still trying to get the necessary sponsorship and income to start making a profit

38. Click image for larger version

Views:	224
ID:	881358

2016/17 pre-season

Pretty big squad changes for this season.

Name:	transfers.png
Views:	210
Size:	400.3 KB
ID:	881361

Star player Tsvetkov goes back to Litex for half a million after joining for free from Litex last summer. Sad to see him go but an amazing profit for us. Yeovil activated Doucoure's low release clause so that's our best winger gone sadly. Sidney Gaetan then got an offer I can't refuse when I'm looking to improve the clubs financial position so he leaves to division rivals Botev. Other than that, scrubs got released on frees.
    On the other end of the transfer spectrum we brought in quite a few players (you can view their abilities on the squad list in the season pre-view post). Overall, honestly, the squad is a lot worse now then it was last season. Our midfield has been completely remodeled and we should be up for a relegation scrap. Hopefully, we'll survive and my financial decisions will prove correct.

Views:	201
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	881367

For the second time in this save I forgot to arrange friendlies We ended up playing some pretty poor teams so I can't really take anything away from this pre-season. The three teams other than our youth team were both Romanian teams as we went on tour there to increase our reputation in different regions.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

39. Click image for larger version

Views:	219
ID:	881369

July/August 2016 update

Views:	203
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	881370

We started the season with a tough away fixture to fierce rivals, Cherno more. The game was actually pretty exciting despite the scoreline, it also attracted one of the biggest attendances I've seen so far in the "A" Group.
    Next was back to back losses against two revitalized teams. CSKA were strong and Litex was an unlucky loss.
    Hero of our "B" Group campaign, Kristiyan Filipov gets a game against Levski as Henrique is out for the whole of August after picking up an injury against Levski and scores an equaliser to get a deserved point at home.
    A very exciting draw and a brace off the bench for back up striker Gerasim Zakov got us a point against the worse team in the league.
    Iván Borghello and Jorge Henrique make their debuts for the match against Lokomotiv Sofia and get us our first win of the season with Borghello getting a debut goal much to the delight of the fans.
    We end the month with an expected 3-0 loss away to the ever-present Ludogorets.

Views:	230
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	881373

Finally some competition for the 5-time running champions Ludogorets at the top! At this point last season I don't think Ludogorets had even conceded a goal so I'm not sure what's gone on there. Maybe it's due to the fact that have had a successful champions league qualifying campaign and have qualified for the group stage (with Juventus, Bayern and Liverpool, ouch!). Early on, it's looking like the league is going to be a close affair at both ends of the table. On the plus side we're above our fierce rivals.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

40. Click image for larger version

Views:	224
ID:	881620

September/October 2016 update

Views:	174
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	881622

September started with a tough win that was won only with a penalty against newly promoted Pirin. They are actually doing quite well, in fairness.
    An expected loss against top half side Botev Plovdiv, Borghello bagging his second goal. Really shouldn't have conceded 3 but hey, sometimes you get unlucky.
    Now the cup win pissed me off If you've been reading carefully you'll know I love to tank the cup so we can focus on the league as the financial benefits are minuscule. However, my reserves and youth players actually played really well so what the hell, i'll let them off. We draw "B" Group side Vereya in the next round so it's quite likely we could progress further. If that's the case I may try to win the cup as, although you get barely any money throughout, the prize is a Europa League qualifying place so...
    A poor loss at home to Slavia Sofia had me raging. Really should be taking advantage of these opportunities to get 3 points! Borghello still showing why he got 14 goals in the Argentine Premier Division last season.
    It says own goal but it should've been giving to Borghello as a goal... oh well, still again, we should've got the 3 points here as Beroe are a weaker team but we just didn't show up.
    Next was the second derby day of the season and we managed yet another draw It was boring this time with no side the clear deserved winners.
    CSKA Sofia next and we grab a great point against the league leaders. No clue how we managed it but I'm not complaining!
    Lastly, we somehow, amazingly, beat 2nd at the time Litex at home. No clue how we managed to keep them out, and our goal was a swiftly executed counter attack with a great assist from Borghello leading to the neatest of finishes from on-loan winger Trifkovic.

Views:	193
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	881645

What a difference a transfer window makes, eh? Last season Ludogorets were untouchable and now they have two close rivals for the title in Litex and CSKA Sofia. I expect Ludogorets' performances to pick up after they inevitably exit the Champions League. We're sitting in my targeted 6th. It's very close though and two losses on the bounce could put us in the relegation zone. However, with just 8 left until the league splits into two, if i can just maintain 6th place, then I can use youth players for the rest of the season to develop them without being able to go lower down than 6th. As well as keeping the prize money of sixth place! (£108k)

Lots of activity happened with the club during these two months!

Name:	junior coaching.png
Views:	163
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	881655

Early in the month the board accepted my proposals for junior coaching upgrading! This now puts us with good junior coaching level which is only rivaled by 3 other clubs in the whole of Bulgaria! (Pirin have good, Levski have good and Litex have excellent standards)

Name:	ogynyanov.png
Views:	173
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	881659

After the game against Pirin, first choice LW Ognyanov goes down for probably the remainder of the season by the time he's fully rehabbed. Bollocks.

Name:	takeover.png
Views:	190
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	881662

Early in September I get this message.

Name:	zakov.png
Views:	172
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	881664

Zakov is unhappy and old so when he asked to leave I said okay. Straight after that Apollon came in with an offer even though I didn't transfer list him? Spooky.

Name:	internationals.png
Views:	172
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	881669

Thought this would be interesting for some of you. Georgiev and Sabkov have been regular features in the U21s but I'm focusing on Kanchev and Ognyanov here as they are both youth products of our academy! Filipov also gets his first U19s call up. Joel Cunha gets his first Brazil U20s call up since joining, he has been capped twice at U20s level in the past.

Name:	completed.png
Views:	197
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	881671

So, this wasn't as exciting as I thought it might be, he's come in and send he has no plans to invest so that's pretty boring but I guess realistic. He may however, be more strict when it comes to improving facilities, etc, as the last chairman was pretty lenient when it came to that sort of stuff.
    Last edited by TractorBoy7; 14/06/2015 at 11:31 PM.
    Safc-mad-scotty likes this.

41. Click image for larger version

Views:	360
ID:	882636

November/December 2016

Views:	253
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	882638

Consecutive 4-1 wins is always a good start to a month My backups demolished "B" Group side Vereya in the 1st leg.
    Levski have been poor this season but 4-1 wasn't exactly what I was expecting! They were absolutely atrocious!
    Next was an easy 2-0 win against bottom of the league. Two academy produced AMC's scored for us which was very pleasing to see. Nikolay Krastev has broken into the first team recently (I'll post a screenshot below)
    An either further back-up team lost the second leg of the cup and almost messed things up for us but we hold on and progress to the quarter finals drawn against Litex. I might start taking it seriously now
    We followed up the disappointing second leg with a disappointing result against Lokomotiv Sofia.
    SOMEHOW we drew to Ludogorets! Oh my god, this is in anger too! We were 2-0 up and we fucked it up ffs! Such poor defending at the end, we absolutely bottled it :/ We should've been 4-0 up.
    We really could've done with a win against Pirin but we weren't good enough.

Views:	253
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	882688

Several disappointing results lead us dropping back into the bottom half. 3 games left to get back into the top half for the final 10 games. It's achievable!
    As I predicted, Ludogorets have picked it up a bit. Litex have dropped off where as CSKA Sofia are still battling it out!

Here's Krastev

Name:	krastev.png
Views:	274
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	882689

Developing like mad out of nowhere, I gave him a chance in the first team and he rewarded me! One to watch out for I think

Name:	académica.png
Views:	260
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	882692

Another affiliation with a fair bit of revenue being made from them. Academica have a few nice young players developing so we might be able to get a nice loan in the future.

Name:	cumha.png
Views:	242
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	882695

Name:	cunha 2.png
Views:	251
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	882697

Handled like a master Straight after this I signed him to a new contract with a higher release clause in it then before as it's only a matter of time before he gets snapped up.

I got a lot of job offers in the space of these two months; Levski, Leyton Orient, MK Dons, Doncaster, Sunderland, just a whole host of teams, mainly from England.
    I stay committed to Spartak Varna though

42. I swear I've said that to every single one of my players so far and they're happy to stay! Must be something to do with the small leagues, maybe once the league becomes bigger they won't agree any more.

43. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    I swear I've said that to every single one of my players so far and they're happy to stay! Must be something to do with the small leagues, maybe once the league becomes bigger they won't agree any more.
    The only reason I said that is because I saw that you've said it to pretty much all of your young stars without fail Yeah must be the differences between the reputation of the leagues or clubs.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

44. Quote Originally Posted by TractorBoy7 View Post
    The only reason I said that is because I saw that you've said it to pretty much all of your young stars without fail Yeah must be the differences between the reputation of the leagues or clubs.
    Hahaha following a good example yeah I think as soon as the leagues are more comparable they won't be persuaded as easily, but hopefully by then your club, or mine, is big enough to keep them
    TractorBoy7 likes this.

45. forgot this was back, keep it up!
    TractorBoy7 likes this.

46. I had never noticed this story before but I had a lot of fun reading it! Too bad you didn't finish. Although I'm a big Cherno More fan my granddad played for Spartak so I have a personal connection with them. Great to see someone do a career with them!

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO