Like Tree594Likes

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

1. What the heck was Volpe doing in Atalanta U/20's??

2. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    What the heck was Volpe doing in Atalanta U/20's??
    I don't have a clue

I assume they must have moved him there after we signed him as I'm pretty sure he was in the first team when I bid for him.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

3. 1. FC Union Berlin
    August - 2023

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-1.-union.jpg

Transfers:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-augtrans2023.png

With money to burn I decided to start scouting some of the best young German talent and decided to go after a defensive midfielder from Stuttgart called Norbert Gentner. My scouts believe he has the potential to be world class so I signed him for an initial £12,000,00 and potentially big add ons of £12,000,000 after 50 league appearances and £12,000,000 after 20 international appearances. However, if he reaches he fulfils these conditions then it's likely he has developed into the player we hoped and it will be money well spent! He's gone back to Stuttgart on loan for the next couple of seasons and hopefully he will break into their first team soon and get some first team football under his belt before he joins us when he's 18 years old.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-norbert-gertner.png

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-aug2023.png

A very nice start to the season as we kick off in regular fashion by a backup side putting a few past a lower league team in the German Cup 1st round in a game where Loris Noto bagged himself 4 goals. We then kicked of the league campaign with a comfortable 5-0 win over Leverkusen at home with a brace from Schroder and a goal on his home debut from Volpe. This game saw us break our attendance record for a league game as we brought in a crowd of 67,567 at our rivals Olympiastadion (around 30,000,000 than they managed for their first 2 home games!). Our biggest test of the month saw us head to Dortmund and a tactical switch to go 4-4-2 for the game seemed to work well as goals from Brandt and Muller gave us a 2-0 win. Another brace from Schroder and a 2nd goals of the season from Volpe gave us a 3-0 win away at Mainz in the final game of the month.

Other News:

1)
    Our club finances are looking very healthy going into the new season, with over £54,000,000 in the bank. Playing at the Olmpiastadion should allow us to bring in extra income this season due to the big increase in attendances, which can only help our finances further.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-finanaug2023.png

2) Our Champions League group consists of Manchester City, Feyenoord and BATE Borisov. We should qualify with ease, although Cuty should provide decent competition for top spot.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-grupe2023.png

Next update will be a quick September review...
    ninjaskill, Yeti01 and copeyhd like this.

4. Looking like you're on some solid financial footing now with the stadium upgrade and short term move paying dividends. Good luck for the season - hopefully you can bring home the Champions League!!
    Safc-mad-scotty likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yeti01 View Post
    Looking like you're on some solid financial footing now with the stadium upgrade and short term move paying dividends. Good luck for the season - hopefully you can bring home the Champions League!!
    Cheers mate. I'm finding our Champions League struggles strangely enjoyable, won it first 3 seasons I was in it with ADO Den Haag on a separate save so it's a big contrast from that one!
    Yeti01 likes this.

6. 1. FC Union Berlin
    September - 2023

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-sep2023.png

Things were going pretty much perfectly for us this month before we struggled to a 2-2 draw at 16th placed Hannover on the final day. The month started with a convincing 5-2 win at home over Hoffenheim, topped by Schroder's first hatrick of the season. We followed that result up with a 6-0 drubbing of Stuttgart with braces from Brandt, Schroder and Mladenovic. BATE Borisov were next up in the Champions League and we went one better by beating them 7-0, with Rolando Carrasco's goal adding to hatricks from Schroder and Mladenovic. Our good from continued by beating Werder Bremen 5-0 on the following weekend. If we'd won the game against Hannover then it may just have been my best month in charge of the club in terms of performances. 25 goals in 5 games shows just how much fire power we have in the team!

League Table:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundsep2023.png

Bayern have started very well and only behind us on goal difference. Maybe they are now in a position to challenge us for the title this season.

Player of the Month - Torsten Schroder

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-schrod2023sep.png

11 goals in the 5 games this month is just simply outstanding form from our talisman!

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-pssep2023.png

When you look at the average ratings of most of the players in the squad you get an impression of just how good we have been playing so far. 16 goals in 9 starts from Schroder and 11 assists in 6 starts from Muller are the highlights so far.

Other News:

1)
    Schroder's fantastic month has meant he is the first player in the save to become a club legend!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-legendssep2023.png

Next up will be an October update...

Yeti01, PatrickLFC and copeyhd like this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post

1)
    Schroder's fantastic month has meant he is the first player in the save to become a club legend!

Attachment 925107

Will he beat the clubs all time top scorer?

8. Quote Originally Posted by copeyhd View Post
    Will he beat the clubs all time top scorer?
    He does every time he scores as he's already the all time top scorer!
    copeyhd likes this.

9. You've inspired me to start a 2. Bundesliga save, I've chosen 1860 Munich, wish me luck! Any good tips before I start?

10. Quote Originally Posted by ifanythinhehitthattoowell View Post
    You've inspired me to start a 2. Bundesliga save, I've chosen 1860 Munich, wish me luck! Any good tips before I start?
    Can't offer too much advice but one thing I would say is not to worry too much if your finances go into the red during the season as you get a lot of prize money (more when you get promoted) and sponsorship money at the end of the season which generally pushes you back into the black.

Good luck, keep me updated on how you're getting on!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Can't offer too much advice but one thing I would say is not to worry too much if your finances go into the red during the season as you get a lot of prize money (more when you get promoted) and sponsorship money at the end of the season which generally pushes you back into the black.

Good luck, keep me updated on how you're getting on!
    Blitzed through the first season with 1860 and won the 2. Bundesliga. Can't believe how good a team they have, considering I've never heard of any of them! Youth teamers are pretty handy too, and they have a 50,000 capacity stadium. Pretty good setup. I've used the same tactic your Union side have, it seemed the best fit for the players available.

I was so happy with the team and their efforts in winning promotion that I decided I only needed a left winger and a centre back, and would stick with the rest. Got Gael Kakuta on a free and then ran out of both wages and transfer money. The board won't give me any more (even though there's about £10m in the bank!) due to their insistence that we develop our own players, not buy them. Nice idea, but a little bit would be handy. Then had to sell my starting DM(wanted to leave, 1 year left on his contract, got £4m), so had to promote a youngster. Never managed to get a CB.

Now 8 games into our first season in the Bundesliga and we're 3rd! Though our next three games are Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen so that won't last long, top half definitely seems achievable. Then hopefully the board'll let me spend a bit!

All in all, great little team to manage, highly recommend doing a save with them. Can't wait for your next Union update either!
    Safc-mad-scotty and copeyhd like this.

12. Quote Originally Posted by ifanythinhehitthattoowell View Post
    Blitzed through the first season with 1860 and won the 2. Bundesliga. Can't believe how good a team they have, considering I've never heard of any of them! Youth teamers are pretty handy too, and they have a 50,000 capacity stadium. Pretty good setup. I've used the same tactic your Union side have, it seemed the best fit for the players available.

I was so happy with the team and their efforts in winning promotion that I decided I only needed a left winger and a centre back, and would stick with the rest. Got Gael Kakuta on a free and then ran out of both wages and transfer money. The board won't give me any more (even though there's about £10m in the bank!) due to their insistence that we develop our own players, not buy them. Nice idea, but a little bit would be handy. Then had to sell my starting DM(wanted to leave, 1 year left on his contract, got £4m), so had to promote a youngster. Never managed to get a CB.

Now 8 games into our first season in the Bundesliga and we're 3rd! Though our next three games are Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen so that won't last long, top half definitely seems achievable. Then hopefully the board'll let me spend a bit!

All in all, great little team to manage, highly recommend doing a save with them. Can't wait for your next Union update either!
    Good stuff mate. Promotion in the first season is a good achievement and seems like you've made a cracking start to your start in the Bundesliga. Certainly better than our 9-1 defeat away to Leverkusen on the opening day of our first Bundesliga season!

On the stadium, don't they share the Allianz Arena with Bayern? Because I'm sure the stadium lights up blue when 1860 play and obviously it lights up red when Bayern play. Will be interesting to see how long it takes before you start to match Bayern's attendances or even surpass them.

13. 1. FC Union Berlin
    Oktober - 2023

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ok2023.png

Our great form to start the season continued throughout October with 2 impressive away wins in the Champions League at Man City and Feyenoord as well as a further 3 wins in the Bundesliga. We didn't quite score the goals we did in the previous month but we did keep keep 4 clean sheets out of 5. Despite the two 2-0 Champions League wins, I'd have to say the highlight of the month was the 4-2 win in the Berliner derby over Hertha as everyone loves a derby win and city dominance!

League Table/Champions League Group:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundok2023.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-clok2023.png

The league title is already a two horse race as us and Bayern both stand on 28 points after 10 games, with our closest challengers Dortmund 10 points behind. We already look set to qualify from our Champions League group and with City to play at home I'm very confident that we'll win our group.

Player of the month - Antonio Volpe

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-volpeok2023.png

The Italian bagged himself a brace in the derby and got the opener in the all important Champions League game in Manchester.

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psok2023.png

Schroder missed a few games through injury this month but has taken his goal tally to 18 in 12. Youth academy graduate Timme is having somewhat of a breakthrough season in terms of level of performance, averaging a 7.8 rating with 3 goals and 4 assists in 6 starts and 4 sub appearances.

Other News:

1)
    Just thought I'd show our overall best 11 from the save so far as I don't think I've done so yet. A lot of players who are still at the club but also a few who aren't. Here is an overview of where the other are currently in the save...

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-obe2023.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-obewatn2023.png

Next update will be a November update. Can we open up a lead to Bayern or will they overtake us in the battle for the Bundesliga title? If there is any screenshots anyone would like to see then just ask!
    Yeti01 and PatrickLFC like this.

14. 1. FC Union Berlin
    November - 2023

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-noov2023.png

A second successive month where we won every game that we played in, but more impressively we went the entire month without conceding a goal! A Loris Noto hatrick gave us a win in the German Cup at Heidenheim, before heading to Koln for a 3-0 league win just a few days later. We then secured our Champions League qualification with a 4-0 home win over Feyenoord, before putting Wolfsburg to the sword in the league on the weekend with a 5-0 win. The toughest game came a week later away to Borrusia Monchengladbach, however a 4th minute goal from Weber was enough to give us a tight 1-0 victory. Finally, we beat BATE in the last game this month 3-0 with a brace from Noto and a goal from Gaudino on his first start since his injury.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundnoc2023.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-groe2023.png

Bayern dropped points away to Borussia Monchengladbach in their first league game this month despite playing the majority of the game against 10 men, which has allowed us to open up a 2 point gap to them. We need a 1 goal defeat or better on the final Champions League match day in order to top our Champions League Group.

Player of the Month - Nils Weber

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-nilswebnov2023.png

With all the clean sheets this month, the player of the month had to go to our big German centre back. Now he's met all the conditions in his transfer, the total amount we paid for him is actually a massive £55,000,000, however he's proving well worth the money as we do need to secure the top young German talent with the self imposed squad rules in place at the club.

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psnov2023.png

17 year old youth academy graduate Mariko is already regarded as a leading Bundesliga player by our coaches and still with the potential to become world class. His average rating of 7.73 is very impressive considering his age, although these games have mainly been against weaker opposition so bigger tests await him. Summer signing Volpe is having a brilliant first season so far and is ensuring we don't miss club icon Fofana.

Other News:

1)
    We set a new German Cup record for games unbeaten in the competition with the win over Heidenheim.
    1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gcunbeatenrecord.png

2)
    We had a very easy qualifying campaign for the 2024 Euros with France and won every game in ease, booking our place on the plane to Italy where we will look to defend the competition we won 4 years ago under the management of Jose Mourinho.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-france2023.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-groupd2023.png

Next update will be the December update, including a big league game away to Bayern and our final Champions League game at home to Manchester City. We'll also discover who we'll play in the 1st knockout round of the Champions League this season...
    ninjaskill and Yeti01 like this.

15. 1. FC Union Berlin
    Dezember - 2023

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-dez2023.png

The first game of the month looked to pick up where we left off in November, as a 12th minute goal from Brandt put us 1-0 up early on against Hamburg. However, 2 red cards in the second half put us on the back foot and Nils Weber then give away a penalty in the last minute of extra time to allow them to take a point back to Hamburg. A backup team then comfortably beat FSV Frankfurt 4-0, with the highlight being a goal off the bench on debut from youth academy graduate Skraparas. The big game against Bayern followed and we fought back from 2-0 down to secure ourselves an all important point and kept us above the team. With the number of players over 30 in their team they were always going to tire and we took advantage of that and ultimately we could have even won the game late on. A Schroder hatrick and a Timme goal then helped us to a 4-1 win over Dusseldorf before we broke all sorts of records with an incredible 10-1 win over Nurnberg. Not only was it our record win, we also broke the Bundesliga record for most goals in a game which was previously set by our 9-1 loss to Leverkusen in our first ever Bundesliga game! Wooooooop! Also, Schroder broke the record for goals in a game by one player by helping himself to 5 in the match.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-winrecord.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundesliga-goal-record.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-schrodergoalin-game-record.png

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bunddez2023.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gre2023.png

Our comeback against Bayern seemed to send them on a downward spiral as they went on to lose their next two away to Dortmund and home to Leverkusen. We topped our CL group with 18 points for a 2nd year running and have been rewarded by a 1st knockout round tie against... you guessed it Barcelona. The team who has knocked us out of the competition 4 times in the last 6 years. The team who we have never managed to beat over two legs. Surely this year will be different?

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-1kr2023.png

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-schroddez2023.png

9 goals in total this month from our main man up top, including 5 against Nurnberg and a hatrick against Dusseldorf.

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psdez2023.png

Schroder already has 30 goals as we head into the winter break, surely this is the year he hits 50 goals in all competitions? The only other player to hit double figures so far is Noto who has 10 goals, however the whole squad is chipping in and we're certainly not short of goals.

Other News:

1)
    We are still yet to have a winner of the Ballon d'Or or the World Golden Ball as Schroder and Muller came 2nd and 3rd respectively in both awards to Schalke's Gabriel Barbosa. We did however have a 2nd winner of the European Golden Boy in Miodrag Milosevic. We also had 4 players in the world team of the year and 2 players on the bench.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-wtoty2023.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bdo2023.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-wgb2023.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-egb2023.png

Next update will be a January update, documenting any transfers if we choose to make any...

16. Quality story! That is quite the rise of FC Union Berlin! Definitely following!

17. 1. FC Union Berlin
    Janjuar - 2024

Transfers:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-trans2024jan.png

As is usually the case in the January transfer window, we did not do much business. However, we did bring a young German from Nurnberg who my scouts believe to have the potential to be world class. Artur Klava has very impressive stats for a 15 year old and already stands at 195cms tall. I'm hopeful that he'll be an absolute beast when he's fully developed and will be the player to replace or maybe even partner Weber. He cost the club an initial £12,000,000, but similar to the Gertner deal at the start of the season he could cost an extra £20,000,000 or so if he makes 50 league appearances for the club and 20 international appearances. A few players also left the club on loan, the main one being Skraparas who left to Braunschweig who are currently 3rd in the 2. Bundesliga and looking for promotion.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-klata.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-skra.png

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-jan2024.png

Just the one game this month as we returned to the scene of the crime of our first Bundesliga game, facing Leverkusen away in the league. They currently sit in 3rd in the table and in all fairness they were the better team in the first half and we're unlucky not to go into the break with the lead. However, we changed to a 442 at half time and this move seemed to pay dividends as we came into the game much more and grabbed a 50th minute winner through Leverkusen academy graduate and European Golden Boy Milosevic.

Next up will be the February update, including a trip to Barcelona in the Champions League and a German Cup quarter final tie against Bayern Munchen in Munchen.

18. Good luck against Barcelona mate! Fingers crossed this year can be your year in the Champions League!

19. Yeah, gotta be your year this time mate! Good luck

20. Quote Originally Posted by Yeti01 View Post
    Good luck against Barcelona mate! Fingers crossed this year can be your year in the Champions League!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    Yeah, gotta be your year this time mate! Good luck
    Cheers lads, if we actually manage to beat Barcelona in the 1st knockout round then I think we have a great chance of winning it this year but it's never that easy when we play them! Neymar, Messi and Suarez are now 32,36 and 37 respectively so hopefully they aren't able to tear me apart like they usually do...
    Lippo255, Yeti01 and copeyhd like this.

21. Maaan, you've come to the point when you just keep pressing space hah

Good luck!

22. 1. FC Union Berlin
    Februar - 2024

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-feb2024.png

Pretty much more of the same for us in the league this month, however things did not go so well in other competitions! 5 wins from 5 Bundesliga games, scoring 19 and conceding just the one, meant that we opened up a 8 point gap to Bayern with a game in hand. However, they did get one over on us by beating us 2-1 in the German Cup quarter final, knocking us out of the competition and ending our 43 game unbeaten run in the competition since 2016! The final game of the month saw 96,000 people turn up at the Nou Camp to watch Barcelona beat us yet again the Champions League knockout rounds, however the scoreline of 3-2 away from home is no too bad as we have two away goals which could become important. Despite their advancing years, Messi bagged himself a brace and Neymar added the 3rd.

League Table:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundfeb2024.png

We're in a very good position as it stands. Hopefully we can wrap the league up as soon as possible to allow us chances to rest players for the latter stages of the Champions League (if we get through) and to give further chances to the young players in the squad.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-schroderfeb2024.png

8 goals in 6 starts this month, it's getting pretty boring writing about Torsten to be honest!

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psfeb2024.png

With the form of Muller and Schroder so far this season, surely one of them has a chance of winning the ballon d'Or this year! One other player whose average rating I feel is particularly impressive is defensive midfielder Antun Trajkovic at 7.6. I normally find it the case that defensive midfielders never really get that high ratings on FM so to be averaging above a 7.5 is quite the achievement.

Youth Intake:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-yi2024.png

The intake doesn't look that great but it's actually a very good one. The top two players both have the potential to be world class according to my assistant (just goes to show how strong our squad is as their potentials are only showing as 1 and a half star to 2 and a half star and 2 and a half to 3 and a half star). The third player has the potential to be a leading Bundesliga player, so should all 3 reach their ability they'll al make it at the club. The only downside of the intake was the fact that the two best players were a centre back and a left back, both positions where we already have strong youth players in the under 19's (including the CB we spent £12,000,000 on in January). However, there's more than enough space for them all to come through.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bruns.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-daros.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-beigang.png

Here is how my under 19's is shaping up now in terms of players who could eventually make it into the 1st team squad...

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-u19feb2024.png

Next update will be a March update, can we turn our Champions League tie against Barcelona around?

23. Come on Scotty! Beat Barcelona!!!

24. In a great position to finally get the Barca monkey off your back! You can do it!

25. 1. FC Union Berlin
    Marz - 2024

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mar2024.png

We did it, we finally managed to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League! Heading into the game with injuries to two key men in Schroder and Volpe and trailing 3-2 on aggregate, I wasn't overly confident. However, a 21st minute goal from backup striker Noto was enough to give us a 1-0 victory on the night and sent us through on the away goal ruling. In truth, we should have won by many more and if it wasn't for Ter Stegen we would have done.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ubbarca2024.png

In the league we carried on where we left off and won all 5 games. Highlights included a 3-0 win over Dortmund and a 4-0 win over city rivals Hertha, both games played in front of a sold out Olympiastadion. We also managed to beat Schalke away from home with a semi rotated side courtesy of a last minute winner from Marvin Muller.

League Table:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundmar2024.png

With just 6 games to go we look set to retain our title as we are 15 points clear of Bayern. We are also only 4 goals off breaking the record of goals scored in a Bundesliga season, a record Schalke stole off us last year! We are also only 6 games away from going unbeaten over the course of a league season for the first time.

Player of the Month - Loris Noto

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-notomar2024.png

There wasn't one particular stand out player this month so I decided to pluck for Noto who bagged a derby brace and scored the all important goal vs Barcelona.

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ps2024mar.png

With just 6 league games to go and anywhere between 2 and 5 games left in the Champions League, it's looking unlikely that this will be the season where Schroder hits 50 goals in all comps. He is back fit though after missing a few games through injury so I won't completely rule it out.

Other News:

1)
    The sad news for this update is that Julian Brandt broke his foot in the Barcelona game and will therefore miss the rest of the season. He'll be a big miss for us in our Champions League push but hopefully Mladenovic can step in capably like he has throughout the season when Brandt is rested.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-brandtmar2024.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mladmar2024.png

2) The draw for the quarter final sees us matched up against a club icon in Seko Fofana's Arsenal. They're currently 2nd in the Premier League however they do have a few players out injured and I'm not that impressed with their squad.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-quarcl2024.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-arssquad2024.png

Next update will be an April update, including our Champions League Quarter Final against Arsenal and maybe the Semi Final as well if we get through...

26. YESS!!! Well done mate for getting the Barca monkey off your back. All the way from here!!

27. Quote Originally Posted by Yeti01 View Post
    YESS!!! Well done mate for getting the Barca monkey off your back. All the way from here!!
    It's about time! I quite fancy our chances this year but Brandt will be a miss on the left. Hopefully Mladenovic can handle the big games!
    Lippo255 and Yeti01 like this.

28. 1. FC Union Berlin
    Champions League Quarter Final - 2024

1st Leg - Union Berlin 6 - 0 Arsenal

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ubarline.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ubar.png

Heading into the first leg we got some unfortunate news in that Bernt Leno picked up a training injury meaning that 18 year old youth academy graduate Krumnow would be in goal for both legs vs Arsenal, in addition to the missing Brandt and Volpe. However, it did not seem to effect us in the first leg as a massive 72,000 crowd in Berlin saw us tear apart the Gunners in emphatic fashion. A first half brace from Muller was added to by a goal from Carrasco and an own goal from veteran midfielder Aaron Ramsey to give us a 4-0 lead to take into half time, whilst second half goals from Schroder and Milosevic meant we had a 6 goal lead to take to London. Even more importantly, Krumnow managed to keep a clean sheet. I knew buying Dresden's backup keepers last year to ensure him a full season of Bundesliga football would be a good idea!

2nd Leg - Arsenal 2 - 2 Union Berlin

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-arubline.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-arub.png

The second leg was of little importance as we were always going to go through and whilst it was slightly disappointing to throw away a 2 goal lead to draw 2-2, it ultimately didn't matter. It set up a repeat of last years semi final where PSG put us out on penalties. If we progress into our first ever final we will play either Manchester City or Benfica.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-clsemi2024.png

Next update will be a Champions League semi final update, can we make it into our first ever Champions League final or will we fall at the same stage to the same opposition as last season? I'll cover the last 6 league games in one update as opposed to two months since there isn't too much left to play for domestically this year...
    Godfish93, ninjaskill and Yeti01 like this.

29. Come on man gotta feeling you could finally do it this year!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

30. 1. FC Union Berlin
    Champions League Semi Final - 2024

1st Leg - Union Berlin 2 - 2 PSG

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ubpsgline2024.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ubpsg.png

It wouldn't be a Union Berlin Champions League run without something going wrong. We headed into the game with a full strength team outside of the missing Brandt and when Schroder gave us the lead after 10 minutes I naively thought that it was going to be the same as the home leg against Barca. Unfortunately, PSG equalized just 5 minutes later from an outstanding free kick from arguably the best centre back in world football Lucas Lucchetta. Just 5 minutes after that, the game had completely flipped on it's head as centre midfielder Richard got himself sent off for a second yellow card and we were down to 10 men. In the 31st minute it looked like we had completely fallen apart as Lucchetta got a 2nd from the penalty spot after a late challenge from ex-PSG midfielder Muller. After that however, we were the better team despite being down to 10 men and did manage to level the game in the 74th minute when Gianluca Gaudino's effort from a corner hit a fallen over Nils Weber on the back and wrongfooted the PSG keeper. We couldn't get a winner but I suppose it wasn't the worst result in the circumstances and gave us a chance in the 2nd leg.

2nd Leg - PSG 0 - 2 Union Berlin

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psgubline.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psgub.png

Champions League final here we come! We headed to the French capital knowing that we needed goals and we were obviously without the suspended Richard in the middle. The game was more even than the first leg in terms of stats but we got a key goal just before half time when Muller made up for giving away the penalty in the 1st leg by giving us a one goal lead to take into the break. A nervy second half ensued as one goal from PSG would have seen us knocked out on away goals but luckily we were the team to get the second goal just before full time through a PSG own goal and advance into our first Champions League final at the Stade Velodrome in a few weeks time against Manchester City. They beat Benfica on aggregate 4-1 in their semi and currently sit 5th in the Premier League, whilst also featuring ex Union Berlin players Niklas Sule and Joshua Kimmich and French superstar striker Cardillo.

Next update will be a domestic end of season update, can we manage to go the whole season unbeaten and break the goal scored record for the Bundesliga?

31. 1. FC Union Berlin
    April und Mai - 2024

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-apundmai2024.png

We only needed 4 points from the last 6 games to guarantee the title and that was never going to prevent any issue but the real challenge here was to finish the season unbeaten and with 6 wins from the final 6 we certainly did that! The biggest test to the unbeaten record came when we played Bayern in between the two PSG games with a semi rotated team but we won comfortably enough in the end. The domestic highlight over the last two months though has to be the 8-0 win over Nurnberg on the final day, capped by a double hatrick from Torsten Schroder. I've only just remembered that it was Nurnberg that we beat 10-1 away from home in December where Schroder got 5, so over the two games against them we scored 18 goals and Schroder got 11 of them That should give us plenty of momentum to take into our first ever Champions League final!

League Table:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bund2024.png

Not only did we manage to go unbeaten for the entire season, we also set a new points record for the league with 96 and we set a new record for goals scored with 120 in 34 games!

Player Stats
    :

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ps2024.png

If Schroder can bag himself a brace in the Champions League final then he will hit 50 for the season. Muller's return of 30 assists and 18 goals is outstanding, whilst it's nice to see such a high level of performance from youth academy graduates such as Mariko, Andrich, Demir and Timme.

Next update will be of the Champions League final, can we bring the trophy back to the German capital for the first time ever?
    ninjaskill likes this.

32. 1. FC Union Berlin
    Champions League Final - 2024

Preview:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-clpre2.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-clpre3.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-clpre1.png

The bookies make us the slight favourites going into the tie against a team in Manchester City who have never won the competition but have twice been runners up. There will be a first time Champions League winner here in France, the question is who?

Lineups:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-clfinalline2024.png

Volpe returns for us in the middle of the park after injury meaning we are at full strength for the final minus Brandt on the left. Manchester City opted for a narrow diamond with a very experienced team which included ex Berlin centre back Sule.

The Match:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-clfinal2024.png

Finally! My 10th season in charge of Union Berlin sees our first taste of European success as a 49th minute winner from backup left winger Robert Mladenovic gave us a 1-0 victory over the English side at the Stade Velodrome to crown us as Champions of Europe! In truth it was a game with little quality, a game where it appeared that the size of the occasion got to many of the players and neither side ever really got a wave of momentum going. However, we got the goal just after half time when Mladenovic capitalized on a mistake in the City back for the wrong foot their keeper and put the ball in the far corner.

Other News:

1)
    The European Championships are this summer and there will be plenty of representatives of Union Berlin there, both current and past. I only mention this as I want to know whether people want me to do a Euros update with France or just to keep it strictly Union Berlin? We're defending the trophy we won 4 years ago (under a different manager) and we are the current nations league champions.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ec-squads.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ec-callups.png

So, the next update will either be a Euro 2024 update or a special update to look back at the 10 years I have spent at the club before doing a 'meet the squad' type of update so you can get to know the team better since most of the players are currently regens and I can talk through my plans for the squad and youngsters I'll be looking to bring through etc...
    Lippo255, hera, ninjaskill and 5 others like this.

33. Congrats on the CL! Great story mate keep up the good work

34. I've finished the Euros with France, does anyone want to see an update on it or should I just skip it? I'm not fussed either way but just feel there's no point in writing the update if nobody wants to see it.

35. I would like to see it please

36. YAAAAAAS well done mate finally!! And yeah show the Euros

37. France
    European Championship - 2024
    Name:  FrenchFA.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  10.3 KB

Group Stage:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-frpor.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ausfra.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-irefra.png

We started the defence of our European Championship trophy with a real statement of intent, beating Portugal 4-0 with 4 different scorers. Second up was Austria and they put up far more of a fight than Portugal, however we managed to scrape out a 3-2 win which secured our progression with a game in hand. The final game against Ireland saw us slip up and drop points with a reserve team with a 2-2 draw. This was my 18th game in charge of France and the first time we have failed to win a game! Still, we managed to top the group and were drawn against Denmark, who finished third in their group behind Germany and Denmark.

2nd Round - France 2 - 0 Denmark

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-denfraline.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-denfra.png

This was always a game we should have been winning and we did just that, with an early Laporte goal added to by a second half strike from ex Union Berlin midfielder and club icon Seko Fofana. Croatia await in the quarter final after knocking out Spain 1-0.

Quarter Final - France 6 - 0 Croatia

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-fracroline.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-fracro.png

On we march as Croatia ultimately just had no answer to the firepower in our team. A brace from Union winger Muller was added to by goals from Fofana, Pogba, Ongenda and Varane to send us cruising into the semis where we will play against the nation who have turned down many of my applications to take their job, Germany! They progressed past Italy by 3 goals to 2 and the game will see me go up against quite a few of my Union Berlin players!

Semi Final - France 4 - 2 Germany

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-fragerline.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-frager.png

This was the biggest game of the tournament for me, going against the nation whom have rejected me many times and the nation where I ply my trade on a club level. They lined up with 4 Union Berlin players in Milosevic, Karg, Weber and the main man Torsten Schroder. Robert Mladenovic missed out through injury after making his Germany debut in the tournament, easing any worries I had that he may of been close to defecting to Serbia. I suppose one good thing came out of Brandt's injury! Onto the game and Schroder threatened to do to me what he has done to plenty other managers under my guidance, scoring a lethal brace. However, we managed to score 4 through an early Cardillo brace (the French Schroder) and goals from Pogba and Leblanc. This win set up a meeting with my country of birth in the final and a repeat of last years Euro Nations League final which we won 4-1. England beat Holland 2-1 in their semi to advance through.

Final - France 4 - 0 England

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-engfraline.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-engfra2024.png

A few familiar names in the England team with the likes of Henderson, Murphy, Hughes, Keane and the now ex Union Berlin defender Chambers (Spoiler ) The final itself proved to be slightly anti-climatic as we stormed to a comfortable 4-0 victory, despite having to rest numerous players due to a lack of fitness. Hervin Ongenda stepped in for Cardillo and bagged a hatrick to go along with Gauthier's opener. We have now won two consecutive European Championships in a row and it's my second tournament win as France boss after winning the nations league last year.

Other News/Awards:

1)
    France and UB winger Muller won best player of the tournament, Schroder won top goalscorer and numerous France and Union Berlin players made it into team of the tournament.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-schrodgb.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mullerbp.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-dt2024.png

2)
    I was once again turned down for the Germany job, this time for for a 67 year old with no managerial experience and only a continental c license to his name.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gerhards.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gerjob.png

3)
    Our Nations League group has been drawn and we have been drawn against Germany and Spain. It should be very difficult although with a record of 21-1-0 in charge of France so far, I'm pretty confident! We will also be in the confederations cup next year and will be looking to win the trophy for the first time since 2003.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-nlg32024.png

Next update will be a special update looking back at the 10 years I've had in charge of Union Berlin and looking where the club now sits in world football!
    Sam91, ninjaskill and copeyhd like this.

38. 1. FC Union Berlin
    10 Years On

History:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-history2024.png

So after 10 years in charge of Union Berlin I thought I'd take a quick look back over what we have achieved so far. In terms of our domestic form we managed to go up through the playoffs after finishing 3rd. We finished 10th in our first Bundesliga season thanks mainly to the goals of Marcus Berg and the managed to qualify for the Champions League in our second Bundesliga season by finishing 3rd with many top performances from Thorgan Hazard. The year after we managed to push Bayern all the way in the title race but finished a point behind in 2nd, before winning the club's first German title the year after finishing 3 points ahead of Bayern. We haven't looked back since then, winning the league the following 5 seasons and setting about a real period of dominance in German football. We've also managed to win 5 German Cups and 4 Super Cups, however things in Europe have been a lot more difficult for us. Prior to this season we had competed in the Champions League 6 times and were knocked out in the knockout rounds all 6 times, with 4 of those being against Barcelona! However, after reaching the semi final in the previous year, we managed to reach our first Champions League final this season just gone and beat Manchester City one nil to crown ourselves Champions of Europe for the first time. Now that we have got that first Champions League under our belt, hopefully we can start to dominate in Europe like we are domestically, although I'm not sure whether that'll be the case! We'll also be looking to add the European Super Cup and Club World Championship to our trophy cabinet for the first time this season!

Facilities:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-facil2024.png

Our facilities are much improved since taking over the club as you would expect. We own a new stadium which is currently in the process of being expanded to a 52,250 capacity, which is why we are currently sharing Hertha's Olympiastadion. We boast top corporate facilities, excellent training facilities and superb youth facilities but are in the process of improving both the training and youth facilities. Our junior coaching is exceptional and our youth recruitment is extensive.

Club Overview:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ubclubover2024.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-legicofp2024.png

We've got an additional 17,000 season ticket holders since taking over at the club. Our average ticket price has jumped from £13 to £24 and the average season ticket price has jumped from £134 to £252. None of the current players have made it to club legend status yet but many have become icons (I'm sure Schroder was a legend when I looked last season).

Records:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-records2024.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-overviewhis.png

We've managed to set numerous new club records at the club so far, some good and some bad. The well documented 9-1 defeat on the opening day on our inaugural Bundesliga season still stand (and hopefully will forever stand) as our largest defeat and the 10-1 win over Nurnberg last season is the largest win. Torsten Schroder holds the record for most league goals for the club, most league goals in a season, most goals in a match and the quickest goal scored. Marvin Muller holds the record for highest average rating. The highest transfer fee we have paid is £55,000,000 for centre back Weber after he met a lot of add ons and the biggest sale we have made is Mustafi to Real Madrid for £59,000,000.

Best 11:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-obe2024.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-obewatn2024.png

Julian Brandt is not too far off the record for most league appearances with 245, chasing down down Tom Persich on 280 appearances. Schroder is averaging a goal a game and all the players in the team are still playing. If you wish to know where the players are playing who aren't still at the club then you can see in the screenshot above.

Standing in World Football:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-clubsrep2024.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-value2024.png

We sit as the 3rd most reputable club in the world currently and 7th most valuable club. The lack of TV money in Germany probably is the main reason why we aren't higher to be honest, but we'll need to keep turning profits on players and being clever in the market if we want to reach the top.

The next 2 updates will be a 'meet the squad' split into two sections where we will take a look at the first choice and backup players for each position, as well as any notable youth prospects we have at the club...
    Yeti01, PatrickLFC and copeyhd like this.

39. Just sat and read through this from page 1, absolutley amazing rise and finally a Champions League trophy! Well done mate, keep it coming!

40. Quote Originally Posted by dazamfc View Post
    Just sat and read through this from page 1, absolutley amazing rise and finally a Champions League trophy! Well done mate, keep it coming!
    Cheers mate, appreciate it!

41. Well done on getting that Champs League mate!!

42. 1. FC Union Berlin
    Pre-Season - 2024/2025

Transfers:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-trans2024.png

Firstly, I am still planing on doing the meet the squad updates but I thought I should do this one first as the squad has obviously changed a little over the summer. Firstly, we sold first choice right back Callum Chambers was sold to Manchester City for £27,000,000 (a £2,500,000 profit on what we paid to Arsenal) plus an extra £10,000,000 if he makes 20 league appearances for City. I thought this was very good money for a 29 year old and with Mariko developing well I thought I could take the risk to sell and it shouldn't affect us too much. In replacement for Chambers I signed a young German right back from Stuttgart for £10,750,000 after meeting his release clause. I nearly paid £30,000,000 before realising his release clause as I offered £10,000,000 up front plus £10,000,000 after 20 international appearances and another 10 after 50 league appearances. Luckily they rejected and I noticed his release clause!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-oz.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-chambers1.png

After replacing an Englishman with a German, I decided that it was time to upgrade on our goalkeeping position now that I wouldn't be limited to German goalkeepers (I had 17 German players meaning I could sell one). I sold Leno to Watford for £12,500,00 which is actually a profit of £1,500,000, not bad for a 32 year old. Into the club to replace Leno came Netherlands international Anthony de Jager from Inter for a massive £27,500,000. My coaches and scouts only rate him at 2 and a half stars but I think he has all the attributes to be one of the best keepers in the world, although he's not quite as big as I would hope. The only other sale of any note is youth academy graduate Wehner to Hertha for £2,000,000 + 50% of his next fee. He never really developed as we had hoped which is disappointing.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-dejager.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-leno1.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-wehner2.png

German Super Cup:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gsc2024.png

A very tough game away at Bayern made even more tough by the fact we had 4 key players (Volpe, Richard, Carrasco and Muller) missing due to the Olympics. We fell 2 behind early on but goals from our two strikers Noto and Schroder brought us level 2-2 at half time. New signing Oz came on to give away a penalty which put them 3-2 up but luckily Brandt equalized in his first competitive game back since breaking his leg and we took the game to penalties. Won won 7-6 on penalties after Depay missed for Bayern and centre back Karg scored for us to bring us our 5th German Super Cup.

European Super Cup:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-esc2024.png

Normally I wouldn't really care about the Super Cup but since we've never been in it before I really wanted to win in. We were still missing the 4 games due to the Olympics but it didn't seem to mater as first half goals from Brandt and Schroder gave us a 2 goal lead to take into the break. They threatened a late come back when they scored in the 71st minute but they put one in their own net just a minute later and we then cruised to a 3-1 win and won our first European Super Cup!

Next update will be the first part of the meet the squad update, focusing on the goalkeepers and defenders...

43. 1. FC Union Berlin

Meet the Squad (2024) - Part 1

Goalkeepers:

First Choice: Anthony de Jager - The Dutch shot stopper only just joined the club in the summer from Inter Milan and will hopefully be our first choice keeper for the next few seasons.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-adj.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-adjhis.png

Backup/Youth Prospect: Ken Krummnow - Ken came through the youth intake in 2020 and broke into our squad as backup goalkeeper last year after spending a successful season on loan at Dresden in the Bundesliga the season before that. My coaches don't rate him all too highly, however I think he has a lot of good key stats for a goalkeeper and he should at least hold onto that backup goalkeeper spot for a long time, especially since he is home grown at tthe club.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-kk.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-kkhis.png

Left Backs:

First Choice: Layvin Kurzawa - The Frenchman joined for £15,000,000 in 2021 and has given us three years of solid service so far. At 31 years of age I'd have usually moved players on by now, however it's hard to find quality left back regens and so I'm probably just going to keep Kurzawa around untll I can bring some kids through the youth team to take his spot.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-lk.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-lkhis.png

Backup: Caner Demir - The young German left back of Turkish descent came through in our youth intake of 2020, the same one as Krumnow, and managed to break into the squad in 2022 when he became old enough. His technical stats are nothing special, in fact they are pretty bad, however he is very strong physically and my coaches rate him to be a leading Bundesliga left back. Similar to Krumnow, he is only 19 so I'm hopeful that he will develop a bit more although my coaches don't think he will. His performances since breaking into the squad have been solid and it may not be long before he jumps ahead of Kurzawa in the pecking order.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-cd.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-cdhis.png

Youth Prospects: Henrik Claasen and Mirko Da Ros - Henrik is more naturally a cb but with his work rate, physical stats and his height I'm much more confident in his ability to play left back. I may chuck him out on loan next year after he turns 17 and is able to sign a pro contract, but only if a team comes in where I'm confident he will devlop. Da Ros is a more natural LB and is a very good prospect in his own right, so we could be in a situation in a few years where we have 3 left backs in the squad who are all from our youth academy!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-hc.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mdr.png

Right Backs:

First Choice: Adama Mariko - The 18 year old academy graduate is stepping into Callum Chambers' shoes as first choice RB this year after impressing as backup in his first year as a pro last year. Again, my coaches are saying he's reached his potential but he's only 18 so I refuse to believe we can't get more out of him in the future in terms of his development. He's arguably the best player to come out of our youth academy so far and could be a player to break some sort of league appearance record later in the save since he is breaking into the young team at such a young age.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-am.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-amhis.png

Backup: Burak Oz - Recently arrived in the summer from Stuttgart for a fee just over £10,000,000. He and Mariko should see the future of that rb position tied down for quite a few seasons.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bo.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bohis.png

Centre Backs:

First Choice: Nils Weber - Our record signing for a massive £55,000,000 (after meeting a lot of transfer clauses) who arrived after the big sale of Mustafi as he was the best young German CB at the time and we needed a German CB due to our self imposed squad rules. He is now 24 and a world class player who has been a first team regular for 5 seasons. If I'm being completely honest he hasn't really developed quite as well as I'd hoped attribute wise but he's still an outstanding player and one who will be playing for us for another 7 or 8 seasons.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-nw.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-nwhis.png

First Choice: Rolando Carrasco - Joined in January 2023 after selling Yepes, costing £20,00,000 from Sao Paulo. The big Argentinian makes for a great partner for Weber and shows how you get a lot better value for your money in South America compared to looking for domestic players!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-rc.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-rchis.png

Backup: Benjamin Karg - Benjamin Joined from Getafe in 2022 for just £8,7500,00 and in all honesty is pretty average. He's a decent backup player though and has never let us down, however his place in the squad may come under pressure in the next few years due to the quality of youth CB's coming through at the club.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bk.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bkhis.png

Backup: Danny Andrich - A third player from that 2020 youth intake, Andrich has the slight advantage over Karg of being home grown at the club but is pretty similar to him ability wise. He broke into our squad last year after an underwhelming loan spell at Frankfurt the season before. Hopefully he can overtake Karg as 3rd choice CB this year although yet again it is disappointing that my coaches believe he has already reached his potential and won't grow much more.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-da.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-dahis.png

Youth Prospects: Rene Beigang and Artur Klata - Rene came through last years intake, whilst Klata arrived for £10,000,000 (with a potential further £20,000,000 in add ons) from Nurnberg. Both have the potential to be world class and it looks like we have the cb slots locked down for a long time with these two to come through!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-rb.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ak.png

Next up will be part 2 of the 'meet the squad', looking at the midfielders and strikers in the squad!
    Sam91, hera and PatrickLFC like this.

44. 1. FC Union Berlin

Meet the Squad (2024) - Part 2

Defensive Midfielders:

First Choice: Antun Trajkovic - One of a few Germans in the squad with Serbian second nationality, Antun joined the club in 2020 when we sold Bender and has been our first choice dm ever since. His average ratings have been very good for a defensive midfielder and his attributes have come along nicely to the point he is now considered to be world class by my coaching staff. At just 23 years of age he has the chance to make that role his own for many years to come.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-athis.png

Backup: Lorenzo Bertolani - Lorenzo is actually one player who I think I may have overpaid for and may actually make a loss on. The German/Italian arrived from Hamburg for £26,500,000 in 2020 to fight with Trajkovic for the defensive midfield role but has always really played the backup role and so has not developed quite as well as Trajkovic. He has never really let us down but with the quality of a young defensive midfielder we have at the club, I may choose to sell Berto if I can get my money back on him in the next couple of seasons. I also may be forced to sell him to help meet squad rules if he gets a call up from Italy before Germany as he is yet uncapped!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-lb.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-lbhis.png

Youth Prospect: Norbert Gertner - Norbert cost us £12,000,000 from Stuttgart last season and could eventually cost us a further 20 million if he makes 50 league appearances for the club and 20 international appearances. He has the potential to be a world class player and will be the long term replacement for Trajkovic, however he is currently in the second year of his loan at Stuttgart which was part of the deal to bring him to the club.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ng.png

Centre Midfielders:

First Choice: Richard - The diminutive Brazilian international arrived in January 2021 from Palmeiras for £21,500,000 and has been an ever present in the side since. A fantastic midfielder going forward, what he lacks in ability defensively he makes up for with his work rate and speed, allowing him to get up and down the pitch. At just 24 I imagine he will stay here for a while yet unless we get a massive offer which we can't turn down.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-r.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-rhis.png

First Choice: Antonio Volpe - Partnering Richard in the middle of the park is Italian international Volpe who came into the club for £35,000,000 from Atalanta last season. He enjoyed a fantastic first year at the club last year and particularly excels in his technical ability and his natural fitness/stamina. Again he is young at just 23, so similar to Richard he could be around for quite a long time unless we get a massive offer for him.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-av.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-avhis.png

Backup: Gianluca Gaudino - I wasn't massively convinced in this signing when I bought him from from Leipzig for £8,750,000 in 2019. I needed to buy a German centre midfielder and at the time he was the best available that I could get for a reasonable price. However, his performances at the club, particularly in the last two seasons have been very, very good and I have no worries about slotting him in the team when one someone needs a rest or is injured. He is also very strong technically with a good work rate, however at 27 years of age we may have to look to move him on in the next couple of seasons while his value is at it's peak.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gg.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gghis.png

Backup: Benjamin Timme - Benjamin came through our youth intake of 2018 and was initially judged to be an absolute star by our coaches. He has developed pretty well and is good enough to hold down a backup spot in the team, however I can't help but feel that his development was poorly handled when he was out on loan and that he should have become a better player than what he is.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bt.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bthis.png

Youth Prospects: Manolis Skraparas and Michael Bruns - Manolis only has the potential to be a good Bundesliga midfielder according to my assistant but I like the look of his attributes and he had a fantastic loan spell at Braunschweig in the 2. Bundesliga in the second half of last season, so we'll hope he can continue that on in the Bundesliga for Monchengladbach this year and re-evaluate his position at the club when he gets back. Bruns came through my youth intake last year and has leading Bundesliga potential, although he has a long way to go in his development.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mb.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ms.png

Left Wingers:

First Choice: Julian Brandt - Julian is one part of our deadly attacking trio which has been tearing up the Bundesliga for a few years now. We bought him in 2018 for a massive £30,000,000 from Leverkusen following his breakout season where he managed 15 goals and 4 assists. He has spent 6 whole seasons in the German capital now, playing 176 league games and contributing 81 goals and 52 assists in that time. I don't usually keep players into their 30's but I imagine Brandt will stay here until he starts declining too much in his physicals as he has the chance to break the clubs appearance record.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-jb.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-jbhis.png

Backup: Robert Mladenovic - Another one of our German/Serbians, Robert made his Germany debut in the recent Euros after excelling towards the end of last season when Brandt was injured and he also scored that Champions League winning goal! He came to the club in 2021 for £21,500,000 from Leverkusen and is more than adequate cover on the left. Whether I believe he has another to replace Brandt in the long run is another question though.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-rm.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-rmhis.png

Right Wingers:

First Choice: Marvin Muller - Part two of the deadly 3 prong attack, Marvin was out of favour at PSG when he arrived at the club in 2019 for £16,500,000, probably due to the number of wingers they'd bought from us. 5 seasons, 133 league appearances, 47 league goals and 86 league assists later, I bet PSG are now regretting that particular bit of business. He was the best player at the recent Euros and finished third in both the Ballon d'Or and World Golden Ball last year, I think he may go one step further and win both this year as he was amazing last season!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mmu.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mmhis.png

Backup: Miodrag Milosevic - Another German/Serbian who also joined the club from Leverkusen in 2021 for £25,000,000, Miodrag is arguably every bit as good as Muller and a little bit unlucky that he isn't a starter in the first team. However, due to the fact he also plays in the middle and up front, he is certainly never short of game time. Once I have someone who is good enough to be promoted to backup right winger I will likely promote Miodrag to first choice and move Muller on for big money (probably to PSG haha).

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mmio.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mmiohis.png

Youth Prospect: Leon Gotz - This lad arrived in the 2022 youth intake and has always been rated to have high potential although I didn't really rate his stats. However, he has been tutored a few times and is starting to develop pretty nicely and could become a good Bundesliga winger. I still have my doubts whether he'll ever make it at the club, but he'll be given the opportunity to prove me wrong and will likely go out on loan next season after he has been tutored a couple more times to get that determination stat up!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-lg.png

Strikers:

First Choice: Torsten Schroder - Torsten (aka God) joined the club from Freiburg in January 2019 for what then seemed to be a big risk of £21,500,000 from Freiburg. I asked for advice from the forum on whether I should sign him with Lippo unconvinced that the deal represented value for money given his current level of ability at the time and yeti01 saying I should think long term and that the price wouldn't seem so big if he was my striker for the next 15 years. Fortunately, I took the risk and brought him in and we've never looked back. His performances from the off were far more than I had expected and from that point he has gone from strength to strength, breaking records with ease and winning awards such as the European Golden Boy, the European Golden Shoe twice and twice finishing runner up in the Ballon d'Or and World Golden Ball. He's still only 24 years of age and so will hopefully be leading our line for many years to come and will set somebody a massive record of league goals to chase in the future!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ts.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-tshis.png

Backup: Loris Noto - I picked up Loris from the club where he came through as a youngster Bayern in 2020 after he was growing frustrated at a lack of first team chances. He cost £12,750,000 and whilst he will never challenge Schroder for his first choice slot he is a very solid backup and partner for Schroder when we switch it up and play 4-4-2. With no real young striker prospect at the club or on our radar, he will likely stay as backup for a while until he wants to leave or we get a big offer for him. Real Madrid did try to sign him in the summer but were nowhere near a price I'd consider selling him for.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ln.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-lnhis.png

Right, there's the meet the squad update finally done! Hopefully it was interesting in showing the current state of the squad and where it may be heading in the future. Next up will be an August and September update since there's only 1 league game in August, unless we do more transfer business and then I'll do the months separately...
    Yeti01 and PatrickLFC like this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination
    Story Introduction

Attachment 868196

Why Union Berlin?

So, after getting a little bored of my journeyman save I decided that I needed to go back to a save based around one specific club. After looking at a few potential clubs I decided to go with the German second tier side after watching this short documentary Copa90 did on them, if you have the time I'd highly recommend giving it a watch...

<span style="color:#ff0000;"><font size="3"><strong><span style="font-family:trebuchet ms;">

The Club:

Attachment 868176

We sit in the 2nd tier of German football and are predicted to finish 11th from 18 teams, with the board expecting us to finish in the top half. With 8,000 season ticket holders already and being situated within the capital of Germany, I'm very hopeful that we have a lot of room for growth if we can get things right on the pitch. Financially we are pretty healthy with an estimated value of £16,500,000 and a loan debt of just £6,500,000.

Facilities:

Attachment 868183

The club owns a stadium which holds just under 22,000 fans. In 2009 over 2000 Union fans invested around 140,000 hours in order to help modernise the stadium in order to keep the stadium active. We boast good training facilities and average youth facilities, whilst also having adequate junior coaching and basic youth recruitment.

History:

Attachment 868188

The club has never reached the heights of the Bundesliga, however they have been a regular midtable side in the 2 Bundesliga for the past few seasons after temporarily dropping into the 4th tier in 2006. They reached the final of the German Cup in 2001 and this led to their one and only European run in the UEFA Cup the year after where they reached the 2nd round before being put out by Bulgarian side Litex Lovech.

This post was just a quick introductory post to the save, the next update will focus on the pre-season period and the first few games of the season as well as looking at transfers, the squad and the tactics...
    Look forward to this mate.

46. Brilliant update, your team is immense! I do think that there's more than one piece of business with you that PSG regret! Milosevic looks insane, would be first choice at any other club in the world no doubt. Love how wrong Lippo was too hahaha

47. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Brilliant update, your team is immense! I do think that there's more than one piece of business with you that PSG regret! Milosevic looks insane, would be first choice at any other club in the world no doubt. Love how wrong Lippo was too hahaha
    Cheers mate, things are looking positive for the next few seasons I think.

To be fair to Lippo I think what he actually said was just that he just doesn't like to spend that sort of money (they were asking for £30,000,000 initially) on anyone and that I'd hopefully be able to get him a bit cheaper which we did in the end haha
    PatrickLFC likes this.

48. Really like the look of some of your regens especially Volpe!!

49. 1. FC Union Berlin
    August und September - 2024

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-augsep2024.png

Despite many players being quite tired after international tournaments over the summer limiting the amount of rest many players were able to get, our start to the season has not suffered, winning every league game but a hard tie away to Schalke. We also managed to kick of our Champions League defence with a comfortable 5-0 win away in the Czech Republic with a mainly backup team. The highlight of the league campaign so far was the 3-0 home win over Bayern in our first game back at the newly expanded 1. FC Union Berlin Stadium.

League Table:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundsep2024.png

We sit a top of the league at this early point of the season and we don't plan on giving up that position at any point during the season!

Player of the Update - Julian Brandt

Name:  Brandt.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  7.2 KB

Julian has really benefited from missing the Euros with a broken leg as he has started the season like a house on fire and putting the team on his back, scoring a brace in all of the first 4 league games!

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-pssep2024.png

I actually dropped Schroder for the final game of the month as he's not been playing to his usual standard, although 5 goals in 8 starts isn't that bad for most strikers! Noto took his chance with a brace but hopefully getting dropped will fire up Schroder and get him back to his top form!

Other News:

1)
    The expansion to our stadium was completed and we now hold 52,250 people in the ground. I immediately asked for the stadium to be expanded once more and they have provisionally agreed to expand the capacity to 65,000.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-expancomplete.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-expanplanned.png

2) We have a new feeder club in one of my favourite teams to manage on FM in San Marino! Who knows, maybe this link will allow us to develop the next Andy Selva or Aldo Junior Simoncini!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-sanmarino.png

3) I joked about the potential of this happening in the meet the squad update, but it actually happened. PSG tried to buy back Muller! I tried to negotiate massive money for him but in the end they would only go up to a potential £60,000,000 (including incentives and delayed payments). If he was 3 or 4 years older I would have considered it but I'm not looking to sell him yet.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psgmuller1.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psgmuller2.png

Next update will be an October update!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

50. Would 'only' go up to 60m - tight arses....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO