Like Tree594Likes

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

1. Cruz looks ridiculously good!! Fantastic signing!
    Safc-mad-scotty likes this.

2. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Cruz looks ridiculously good!! Fantastic signing!
    I'm expecting plenty of goals from him from the left!

And if it doesn't work, I'm sure PSG will be willing to take him off my hands for £50,000,000 or £60,000,000
    PatrickLFC likes this.

3. VfB Stuttgart
    Februar - 2027

Name:  1 vfb Stuttgart.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  18.6 KB

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-feb2027.png

Our first poor month of the season as we drop unexpected points in the league against Hertha Berlin and put up little fight during a 3-0 away defeat to Schalke. We did however manage to secure league wins over Leverkusen and Wolfsburg, although the 4-2 win over Wolfsburg only came in after 2 late goals after we gave away 2 penalties to allow them back into the game. The great news this month was that we did advance past Valencia, who are currently 2nd in La Liga, in the Europa League after a hard fought 2-2 draw in the Mestalla was followed with a 3-1 home win to send us through 5-3 on aggregate. We have Marseille in the next round, who are currently 2nd in Ligue 1 behind PSG.

League Table:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundfeb2027.png

Our unlikely title challenge is certainly not over as we are only 5 points behind with 10 games to go. We are 13 points ahead of Hoffenheim in 4th so it's looking very likely we will qualify for the Champions League and I may start resting players in league games for the Europa League if we have already qualified for the CL and can't win the league.

Player of the Month - Armando Cruz

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-acruz.png

Armando has settled into his role as our new left winger very well this month with 3 goals, 3 assists and 2 man of the match performances.

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psfeb2027.png

Bauer is up to 38 goals for the season, whilst it's actually backup right winger Aygodan who tops the assists chart with 18. 17 year old wonderkid Jovanovic is having a wonderful first season as a pro, with 9 assists and 3 goals in 19 starts and 12 sub appearances, with an average rating of 7.46. He's still got plenty of room for development and can only keep getting better.

Other News:

1)
    We got our first youth intake since I took over this month and I expected big things given the quality of a lot of the youth players at the club. Unfortunately it was poor and I don't see any of the players making it at the club.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-yi2027.png

2) Bayern sacked their manager Guy Luzon with it looking like they won't qualify for the Champions League for the first time (as I can tell) since either 2007 or 1995 (depending on how many CL places the league had in 2007). Bayern look to be a club on the downward slide and will be hoping new manager Niki Zimling, who left Hoffenheim to take the role, can turn their fortunes around.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bayernmanagers.png

Next update will be a March update, including a 3rd round German Cup tie away to Dortmund, a tough tie against Bayern in the league and our 2nd knockout round tie in the Europa League against Marseille.
    Znik and PatrickLFC like this.

4. VfB Stuttgart
    Marz - 2027

Views: 287

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mar2027.png

After a shaky month in February, we bounced back to top form in March with 6 wins from 6 across 3 different competitions. The month started with a 2-1 comeback win against Dortmund in the cup 3rd round, with a last minute own goal from Dortmund giving us the win after Sredojevic had equalized the goal from the Bundesliga's top scorer, Carlos. We followed that up with a very good 3-1 win at home to Bayern Munchen, with the goals being shared by both our January signings in Pintado (x1) and Armando Cruz (x2). We then travelled to France and won the first leg of our Europa League tie 2-1 against Marseille courtesy of a Bauer brace. We won 3-1 away to Hannover before finishing the Europa League tie off with a 1-0 home win thanks to an Asahina goal, sending us through 3-1 on aggregate. The month finished with a 4-1 win at home to then 4th place Hoffenheim, with the goals coming from Dieng (x2), Bassi and Asahina.

League Table:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundmar2027.png

We're still 5 points behind Berlin with 7 games to go in the season. If we get another 3 points this season, we will set a new club record for points amassed in a season, beating the points total in the club's 5 title winning seasons.

Player of the Month - Takahiro Asahina

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-taka.png

The Japanese midfielder has been a very solid, yet unspectacular, player for us this season but one who has represented fantastic value for money after costing just £1,400,000 and £13,000 in wages. He managed to bag a couple of goals this month and got above an 8 rating on 4 of the 5 games he started.

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psmar2027.png

Bauer is up to 40 goals for the season now, with 2 months to go in the season it's looking like he should hit 50 goals. American winger Tim Rodd is nearing fitness after his injury and will hopefully have a role to play in the run in.

Other News:

1)
    We've been drawn against Austrian side SK Rapid Wien in the Europa League Quarter Final and if we progress past them we will play either Watford, who are currently 18th in the Premier League, or Benfica, who have won their league 8 times in a row.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-elsemis2027.png

Next up will be a April review, can we book our place in the semi finals of both the Europa League and German Cup, as well as continuing our unexpected title challenge. It will also include our home game against Union Berlin in the league, can I do the double over my old team in my first season at a different club...
    Znik and PatrickLFC like this.

5. Great story, really enjoying your Stuttgart adventure.

Would you mind posting a SS of Dortmund's Carlos? Hes a having a monster season. Cheers

6. Quote Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
    Great story, really enjoying your Stuttgart adventure.

Would you mind posting a SS of Dortmund's Carlos? Hes a having a monster season. Cheers
    Cheers mate. Here's Carlos, he's been Dortmund's star player for years since signing from Corinthians for just under £30,000,000 in 2019...

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-carlos.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-carloshis.png
    Timmzeh and PatrickLFC like this.

7. VfB Stuttgart
    April - 2027

Views: 286

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ap2027.png

A fantastic month for us as we book our place in both the semi final of the Europa League and the German Cup, as well as closing the gap to Union Berlin at the top of the Bundesliga. The month started with a comfortable 5-1 win away to bottom of the league Ingolstadt with a hatrick from Cruz and a brace from Bauer and we followed that up with a 7-0 win away at Koln in the German Cup Quarter Final! The next game was the big league match against Union Berlin and a 10th minute goal from ex Union Berlin midfielder Norbit was enough to give us a 1-0 victory and ensure that we did the double over my old club in my first season elsewhere. Rapid Wien were able to slightly halt our momentum when they got a 1-0 win in Austria in the first leg against the run of play, however we easily turned that around with a 5-1 win back in Germany to send us through to the semis 5-2 on aggregate. In between the two Wien ties we won in Koln for the second time this month, this time in the Bundesliga and by 3 goals to nil.

League Table:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundap2027.png

4 games to go in the season and we sit just 2 points behind Union Berlin in the title race. I don't expect them to drop points, especially since they are out of all other competitions, but we'll be ready to pounce if they do!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-cruzap2027.png

The Portuguese man has been outstanding since joining and is proving well worth the outlay we spent on him. This month he managed 7 goals in 5 appearances from the right wing. If he can continue that form till the end of the season then I see us brining some silverware back to Stuttgart!

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psap2027.png

Similar to at Berlin, our front 3 is proving too much for many defences and we always feel like we can cut through teams. Brazilian defender Pintado had his best month since joining the club and it's nice to see our two January signings in the top 4 for average ratings, vindicating the decision to bring them into the club.

Other News:

1)
    We have the 8 time in a row Portuguese champions Benfica in the Europa League semi final after they knocked out Watford on the away goal ruling. The other semi is an all Italian affair as 5th place in Serie A Inter take on 13th place Torino.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-el14s2027.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-elsemis2027res.png

2)
    We got a pretty decent tie in the German Cup semi final as we have been drawn against 2nd tier Werder Bremen at home. We'll play Bayern in the final if we win after they knocked out Union Berlin in the quarters and Hertha Berlin in the semis.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gc14s2027.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gc12s2027.png

Next update will be a May review. I'll do separate updates for any cup finals we reach...
    cps100 and PatrickLFC like this.

8. Wow that Carlos is very good, Dortmund definitely got their money’s worth! How is Schroder doing now? Was surprised not to see him in the top scorers list as he usually averages 40-50 goals a season.

Also congrats on doing the double over Union in your first full season, that’s very impressive considering they were unstoppable with you in charge!

9. Quote Originally Posted by cps100 View Post
    Wow that Carlos is very good, Dortmund definitely got their money’s worth! How is Schroder doing now? Was surprised not to see him in the top scorers list as he usually averages 40-50 goals a season.

Also congrats on doing the double over Union in your first full season, that’s very impressive considering they were unstoppable with you in charge!
    He's doing well, but nowhere near as well as when I was there...

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-schroder2027.png

In fact, he's being slightly overshadowed by his striker partner, this young Turk that Klopp signed...

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-sezer.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ekmekci.png

10. VfB Stuttgart
    Europa League Semi Final - 2027

Views: 265

1st Leg - Benfica 3 - 3 Stuttgart

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-benstutt.png

We travelled to Portugal for the first leg of our semi final and it didn't take long for them to take the lead, when Brazilian striker Talisca converted a 5th minute penalty. Luckily, we were able to bounce back quickly with goals from Norbit and Cruz in the space of 10 minutes. However, Benfica brought themselves level in the 35th minute when Javier Bottari scored from close range. We took the lead once again in the 56th minute through Italian winger Bassi and it looked as though we would be heading into the 2nd leg with a lead, but Brazilian midfielder Mantuan broke through our defence in the 87th minute to level the score at 3-3. A decent result considering we got 3 away goals, however we did lose Chilean defender Catalan to a broken leg and he will be out for 5-6 months.

2nd Leg - Stuttgart 1 - 2 Benfica

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-stutben.png

The second leg couldn't have started much better when talisman Bauer gave us an 11th minute lead and an effective 2 goal cushion due to the away goal ruling. We took the lead into the break but the game was thrown right back into the balance when Mantuan got his second goal of the tie in the 46th minute and brought Benfica level on the night. They completed their comeback with a 70th minute goal from Talisca and as much as we pushed in the last 20 minutes we couldn't get the goal to send us to the final. It was incredibly frustrating as this is likely the only chance we'll get to win the Europa League and was also the chance to win the club it's first piece of European silverware. Benfica will play Inter Milan in the final in France later this month.

Next up will be the May update, can we overtake Union and win the league or will we have to settle for 2nd...

11. VfB Stuttgart
    Mai - 2027

Views: 688

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-mai2027.png

Outside of our unfortunate Europa League exit against Benfica, May was a pretty successful month on the pitch. We progressed past Werder Bremen in the German Cup Semi Final to set up a Sud Derby final against Bayern and won our final 4 league games of the season to give ourselves a chance of the league title. Unfortunately, Union Berlin also won their last 4 games and so we had to settle for 2nd place. Hopefully this isn't a them for the coming seasons!

League Table:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-bundmai2027.png

An amazing first season in charge. All that was expected of us by the board was a Europa League qualification yet we managed to qualify for the Champions League and in doing so pushed my ex club all the way in the title race. We improved on last years points tally by 39 points and improved our goal difference from last year by +69.

Player Stats:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-psmai2027.png

Bauer needs a goal in the cup final in order to reach 50 in all competitions for the season, whilst it is nice to see Bassi averaging above an 8 rating in his first season in Germany. It's nice to see my front 3 performing so well and I think it shows that it's probably the midfield and defensive areas which need strengthening over the summer if we are to challenge for the title again next year.

Next up will be a German Cup Final update, can we top off a successful season on the pitch by winning some silverware?

12. VfB Stuttgart
    German Cup Final - 2027

Views: 678

Pre-Match:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gcpre22027.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gcfpre2027.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gcpre2027.png

We head into the game as 4/6 favourites to win the match inside 90 minutes, which will be held in Berlin at the Olympiastadion. We haven't won the competition since 1997 and are 3 times winners, whilst 21 time winners Bayern last won it in 2024.

Line Ups:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gcflineup2027.png

We are at near full strength with just centre back Lee Kelly not a regular first choice player, as he fills in for Catalan who broke his leg against Benfica. Bayern's team looks nothing special and I can see why they only finished 6th this season, their worst finish since 1995!

The Match:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gcf2027.png

We could not have got off to much better of a start in the game as winger Bassi rose to head home a Bauer cross just 45 seconds into the game. Bayern did pull the scores level just 10 minutes later through their academy graduate striker Maliszewski and that is how the score remained until half time. However we started the second half just how we started the first and we back in front just 2 minutes into the second half when Lee Kelly, the man we signed from Shamrock for just £29,500 this summer, headed in a rebound from close range. The next goal was going to be the important one for us and we were the ones to get it when Cruz cut in from the left and slotted one into the bottom left hand corner of the Bayern goal in a Thierry Henry-esque manner to put us 3-1 up and bring the trophy back to Stuttgart.

That's the end of my 13th (I think) season in Germany, next update will be a pre-season update for my second whole season in charge of Stuttgart where we will play in the Champions League for the first time in 20 years...
    Disclaimer89 and PatrickLFC like this.

13. That new striker for Union Berlin looks impressive! But you've done incredibly well, can see you winning the league next season!

14. Sign in and out of steam, says your offline

Nice story btw....

15. VfB Stuttgart
    Pre-Season - 2027/2028

Views: 612

Transfers:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-trans2027.png

We've not been anywhere near as busy as last summer and to be honest I've been struggling to get genuine improvements to the first 11 with the budget we received. Starting with the departures, a few backup players in Grbic, Baumgartl and Stark left for small fees. Now, it says on the screenshot that we sold Baumgartl for £7,750,000 but I'm 99% sure that it was actually somewhere between £1,000,000 and £2,000,000, so I don't have a clue why it is showing as that much.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-baum.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-grbic.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-stark.png

On the incomings, we have brought in 4 players so far but one of those in Jansson was here last year so it's more like 3. Jansson's loan was converted for £2,500,000 from Marseille and he'll pick up from where he left off last year as first choice right back. We bought a new left back from Newell's Old Boys for £4,500,000 who will take Wittek's place. He's an Argentine under 20's international who is very good physically and is decent enough on the ball. I'd like to see a little improvement from him defensively though. The big signing for the summer was to bring in yet another South American defender as Brazilian centre back Ferreira joined from Flamengo for £12,500,000. I looked at him in January when I bought Pintado, however I knew I would need a new centre back because of Catalan's injury so I went back and brought him in. I think his game is solid all around without being particularly outstanding and he will hopefully strike up a good partnership with countryman Pintado. The final signing was Serbian centre back Savic on loan from Chelsea. He can cover 4 positions in our system and should prove to be a useful addition over the course of a long season.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-grighini.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-jnsson.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-ferreira.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-savic.png

Squad:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-2027squad.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-2027squad1.png

We're still a little short in midfield and I feel like we have to bring in either a defensive midfielder or centre midfielder before the window closes, although I have been struggling to find someone who is both affordable and of sufficient quality to improve the starting 11. Outside of that, the squad is probably a little stronger defensively and we haven't needed to add much in attacking areas. I wouldn't mind a new backup right winger but I think that will be a job for later windows when we have a bit more money to spend.

Other News:

1) We completed our purchase of the stadium and immediately decided to expand the stadium, and will be expanding the capacity by 5,000 to 65,000.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-stadexpan2027.png

2) My purchase last year of Asahina proved to be a great commercial success, as predicted!

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-shirtsales.png

Next update will be a August update, including a Super Cup tie against Union Berlin. Hopefully we'll be able to add to the squad in the remaining time in the window as well.
    Disclaimer89 and Yeti01 like this.

16. VfB Stuttgart
    August - 2027

Views: 554

Transfers:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-augtrans2027.png

I stated in the last update that I wanted a new centre midfielder in before the deadline and I did just that, however it was a signing that is nothing like my usual signings. With a minimal amount of my transfer budget left and not being able to find any cheap young stars available on the cheap, I decided to bring in 33 year old midfielder Gerhardt from Sampdoria for £2,500,000. He's got brilliant mental attributes and is very capable technically, so hopefully he won't decline too much through the course of the season. I also moved on backup winger Aydogan who was unhappy about his game time to Wolfsburg for £3,500,000 and replaced him with a young Brazilian on loan from Santos.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gerhardt.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-david.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-aydogan.png

German Super Cup:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gsc2027.png

A capacity crowd of 60,000 flocked to the Mercedes Benz Arena to see us take on league champions Union Berlin in the German Super Cup, a competition we hadn't won since 1992. After fighting back from 1-0 down to lead 2-1 heading into the last 15 minutes, we had our hopes temporarily crushed by a Torsten Schroder equalizer which sent the game to penalties. I didn't have too much hope for the shoot out as we don't have the best penalty takers, however we scored all 5 of our penalties and Torsten Schroder missed the 5th penalty to hand us the trophy. I'm now 3 and 0 against Berlin since leaving.

Fixtures:

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-aug2027.png

We followed up that Super Cup win with a fantastic start to the league season, winning all 4 games, scoring 14 and conceding just 1 in the process. We started the season with a 2-0 win at Hoffenheim thanks to 2 goals in 3 minutes from Jovanovic and Cruz and followed that up with a comprehensive 6-0 home win over Hamburg, topped of by 4 goals from Cruz. Our toughest test of the month came up next away to Bayern, however we passed with flying colours with a 2-0 win thanks to Cruz and Bassi. We finished the month with another comfortable home win, this time with a scoreline of 4-1 over Schalke and we were led to the result by a Cruz hatrick.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-cruzaug2027.png

The Portuguese man is now natural in that left wing role and it showed this month with 10 goals in 5 games, including at least 1 goal in every game.

Other News:

1)
    Our Champions League group was drawn and we have been pitted against Premier League holders Manchester United, Ligue 1 runners up Monaco and Austrian champions FK Austria Wien.

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-cl2027group.png

Next up will be a September update...

LovanoFM and PatrickLFC like this.

17. Just re-read the whole thing from start to finish in about 3 hours! Honestly can say this is my favourite story on here! Reminds me of the fun I had with my De Graafschap save on FM15, those were the days.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Timmzeh View Post
    Just re-read the whole thing from start to finish in about 3 hours! Honestly can say this is my favourite story on here! Reminds me of the fun I had with my De Graafschap save on FM15, those were the days.
    Cheers mate, was a fun save!

Been tempted to start a new story with my current save, I created a club from Gibraltar playing the Spanish third tier and doing a San Marino challenge type save. Just don't trust myself at the moment with having my third year project to write up for Uni! May start it after I have handed that in though...

We did get this result against Barca in our first (and current) La Liga system though which I feel I must share...

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gibbarlineups.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gibbar.png1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination-gib-bar.png

19. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Cheers mate, was a fun save!

Been tempted to start a new story with my current save, I created a club from Gibraltar playing the Spanish third tier and doing a San Marino challenge type save. Just don't trust myself at the moment with having my third year project to write up for Uni! May start it after I have handed that in though...

We did get this result against Barca in our first (and current) La Liga system though which I feel I must share...

Attachment 1026464Attachment 1026466Attachment 1026465
    Wow, thats awesome man! Yeah I dont have that issue as I am a first year

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO