"The Titan" <---> OLIVER KAHN is back!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

1. ***OLIVER KAHN***

Click image for larger version

Name:	2. bundesliga.png
Views:	7803
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	915062

News from 2.Bundesliga, and Karlsruher Sport-Club have parted company with manager Markus Kauczinski.

Markus led the club to a 5th place finish in the previous season (2013-14) after seeing them relegated 2 years back, and subsequently bringing them up the previous year.

It has been 5 years since the club were last seen plying their trade in the top league in Germany, the Bundesliga competing against the likes of Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Schalke and others.

Chairman Ingo Wellenreuther believes it is the right time for change.

The club have expressed their gratitude to the departing Markus, and wish him best for the future.

Markus issued a statement while departing, and has thanked the club for everything. He also mentioned that the club should be in safe hands, with the supporters likely to be delighted with whoever replaces him.

Last edited by xtremeRED; 07/08/2015 at 01:29 PM.

2. Click image for larger version

Name:	KSC.png
Views:	3064
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	915074

Karlsruher SC is a German association football club, based in Karlsruhe, Baden-W├╝rttemberg. KSC rose out of the consolidation of a number of predecessor clubs. They have played in the Bundesliga, but were relegated to the 2. Bundesliga in 1998 and in 2009. In 2012, they were relegated to the 3. Liga. In 2013, they were promoted back to the 2. Bundesliga.

3. Let's take a look at the ground, and details of club facilities-

Name:	KSC 1894.jpg
Views:	3132
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	915092Click image for larger version

Name:	KSC Facilities.png
Views:	2957
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	915096

Ummm... nothing spectacular about the club in terms of trophies...

Name:	ksc club history.png
Views:	3001
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	915099

4. Taking a look at the season preview... it is quiet clear that the club is not up to the scratch to compete at the top level as yet...

Name:	Season Preview.png
Views:	2987
Size:	447.6 KB
ID:	915101

But... can things change?

5. It's not something that a manager likes to see, but well, then again, one can't even help it!

The amazing, amazing transfer fee and wage budget we are bestowed with, is something I have to deal with...

Name:	season expectations.png
Views:	3020
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	915104

6. Click image for larger version

Name:	F365.png
Views:	2918
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	915106
    Karlsruher SC have confirmed their new manager, and the fans couldn't be happier.
    The city of Karlsruhe at the moment is absolutely vibrant, and one might mistake the celebrations to be that of a team winning the 1.Bundesliga, or even the Champions League!

Without further delay, we present the new manager, a former player at the club, and an undisputed legend!

Name:	OK profile.png
Views:	2902
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	915109

Name:	oliver kahn.jpg
Views:	3215
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	915108
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

7. Click image for larger version

Name:	kahn press conf.jpg
Views:	3010
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	915112

Reporter: Oliver, what do you have to say on returning to the club you started your career with?
    Kahn: It's a proud, proud moment for me. The last few years I have studied coaching, collected my badges, and for most of you who do not know, I hold an MBA degree as well! so a few days ago while speaking to the chairman here, someone- I don't remember who raised this question whether I would like to lead this club... and as you can see, here I am!

Reporter: There's no doubt in this that you are a legend as a player. Does it make it difficult to adapt as a manager?
    Kahn: That's something I would better answer at the end of this season (wink). We shall see how it goes.

Reporter: What about the ambition this season?
    Kahn: The chairman, players, fans all want the best for the club, at the moment we will take things as they come, keeping our feet firmly on the ground, but looking up at the sky and hoping to soar and fly in a matter of time!

Reporter: All the very best, Oliver. Final words on transfers?
    Kahn: I am yet to analyse this team, our strengths and weaknesses.. once we do that, you are sure to hear more from us.
    (raising up, smiling) That should be all for today.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

8. Oliver Kahn's 14 year old son has started playing for Karlsruhe...

Name:	David Kahn.png
Views:	3202
Size:	411.7 KB
ID:	915123

David Kahn joins the club where his father started his career..

After Oliver Kahn split with his first wife, Simone, in 2003, Simone moved to England with children Katharina-Maria and David.

It's probably in his genes, as they say..
    David started as a striker in his early days, but eventually moved to a deeper role in the midfield.
    He can operate anywhere in the midfield or up front, and has been touted as one of the best footballers of his generation.
    Uncertain about which nation he would play for, if the opportunity arises, he has thus far opted to represent the nation he grew up at.

Oliver Kahn is delighted to have his son at the club where he himself started, and more so, having his son at the club he is managing currently.
    Last edited by xtremeRED; 24/07/2015 at 01:03 PM.

9. KAAAAAAHN!

(shakes fist at sky)
    Lippo255, Dokara and xtremeRED like this.

10. Good start! Looking forward to this.

Good luck.
    xtremeRED likes this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by dllu View Post
    KAAAAAAHN!

(shakes fist at sky)
    haha.. should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Disclaimer89 View Post
    Good start! Looking forward to this.

Good luck.
    thanks a lot mate.. still trying to learn about the club and players, and playing first time in this edition as a low league team, it's a task finding the right players at the moment, more so, the ones who would be available in my budget..
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

12. Quote Originally Posted by xtremeRED View Post
    It's not something that a manager likes to see, but well, then again, one can't even help it!

The amazing, amazing transfer fee and wage budget we are bestowed with, is something I have to deal with...

Attachment 915104
    Must of been a tough choice on what transfer budget to go with.

Best of luck with what should be a fun yet tough challenge.
    MANUMAD and xtremeRED like this.

13. David Khan looks like he can do a good job already. :-) good luck with the story.

14. Quote Originally Posted by bnpwp1979 View Post
    David Khan looks like he can do a good job already. :-) good luck with the story.
    created him in game through the editor.. a PA of about 190(Kahn's son deserves that, no?), the CA came out random..

I chose a top half finish coz the budgets are same throughout, and it'd be better to over achieve, than under achieve!

15. Quote Originally Posted by xtremeRED View Post
    created him in game through the editor.. a PA of about 190(Kahn's son deserves that, no?), the CA came out random..

I chose a top half finish coz the budgets are same throughout, and it'd be better to over achieve, than under achieve!
    Agreed i I think it's fair, I would of enjoyed seeing him as a GK too, just for his dad to be making comparisons to his he would of done it.

mind you some of the players who have famous dads are looking very good so far with the new update.
    xtremeRED likes this.

16. The Telegraph

Reported by Olwez DeLaayer

According to latest reports coming from Germany, newly appointed KSC coach Oliver Kahn is looking at an overhaul of his squad. What is surprising is that the team has next to nothing available as far as any spending budget is concerned.

We are told that Kahn is not convinced with the players and believes they need strengthening in key areas if KSC are to go against all odds in their bid to achieve promotion any time soon.

Our source revealed the board will clearly not provide for any funds for now, and Kahn will surely have to sell to buy.

We are even told that any player could be sold as long as the price is right, and KSC are definitely looking to offload some key players in order for Kahn to bring his own targets.

Last edited by xtremeRED; 26/07/2015 at 06:07 AM.

17. Quote Originally Posted by xtremeRED View Post
    We are even told that any player could be sold as long as the price is right.
    Everytime I see that, I cant help but hum this...

Anyway, lets hope Kahn Jr can live up to his dad's legacy..and help out his dad along the way!
    Last edited by Disclaimer89; 26/07/2015 at 06:13 AM.
    xtremeRED likes this.

18. Oliver Kahn has publicly hit out at the latest reports indicating that any, and every player at KSC is for sale.

Kahn issued the following statement via the club spokesperson:

KSC is a club looking forward. We want to improve, do better on the pitch, and do better as a club, and also as a business.
    That means we want to keep our best players at the club.
    What our budgets are, and our transfer targets, should remain undisclosed. As far as I am concerned, whoever "leaked" that information should be penalized.
    No, we are not actively looking to sell any of our players.
    Everyone here at the club want what is the best, and the players and fans should not worry about at reports indicating otherwise.

The source for that leak has not yet been found, but the investigation into the same is ongoing.

Some fans revealed they were astonished on reading the earlier reports the club was looking to offload any player.
    However, a number of fans have come up with a list of players they want the club to bring in, if the club could generate a good budget selling some players.
    Last edited by xtremeRED; 26/07/2015 at 06:22 AM.
    Lippo255 and Disclaimer89 like this.

19. Preseason friendlies- I just wanted to assess the team, find our strengths and weaknesses, and ultimately, plan out for the upcoming season- the targets we would need, and so on.
    The problem at clubs in lower leagues that I have observed over my career is the lack of quality in depth in times of injuries, and that was something I needed to address.

For now, here is how our preseason happened.

Name:	KSC Schedule.png
Views:	824
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	916885

And here is the result against Inglostadt, a strong team given the 2.Bundesliga. Happy with 2 wins in a row! (Missed taking Screenshot for the 1st game).

Name:	KSC vs Inglos..png
Views:	784
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	916888

20. 1st round in the cup.. The Board wants me to go at least into the 2nd round..

Name:	Dresden vs KSC.png
Views:	778
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	916890Click image for larger version

Name:	KSC 1st round Cup.png
Views:	774
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	916893

It took us extra time to get the win, but at the end of the day, I'm sticking to Board expectations as far as the Cup is concerned!

The guys had a week to prepare after the Cup game for this match and inspite dominating the game, we just couldn't get another goal or two for a positive result!

Name:	Aalen vs KSC.png
Views:	776
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	916896

Much, much better performance. 3 points, and total domination! KAHN CAN!

Name:	KSC G.Furth.png
Views:	783
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	916899Click image for larger version

Name:	KSC vs GFurth.png
Views:	750
Size:	440.1 KB
ID:	916902

21. The board were absolutely reluctant in making any alterations to the transfer budget, and I only had 60% from transfer revenue allocated towards the transfer budget.

Name:	budget.png
Views:	610
Size:	389.6 KB
ID:	916905

Players In/Out.
    Both players sold were young players, but I needed funds to buy players to play a part in the first team now.
    The club should be financially happy with both those player sales, as we retain a healthy 50% sell on value!

Name:	KSC Transfer History.png
Views:	763
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	916908
    I am happy with the loan signings- Ben Amos has been really good for us between the sticks, the Liverpool full backs are very good, Yesil has been injured for the first month, Loftus-Cheek provides depth, Santi Mina is a good ST, Khumalo is an option in depth at CB.
    Most of the others are freebies, of them, Geraldo, Marques & Gardner are very good for us.
    Zimmermann played for us a few years back, and as he was available for a low price, I could take that risk. The lad fills both full back positions, CM, DM, MR.. He is versatile, and a cheap back-up!

Our net spend- the lowest for our league!

Name:	net spend.png
Views:	585
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	916911

And look at our wage budget- just about 40% that of the highest spending team..

Name:	salary per year.png
Views:	581
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	916914

A sound financial set up is the key aspect, something I look forward to see at the club given my education(MBA, for those that do not know)!

22. An excellent win away from home. 64% possession, 15 shots vs 6 shots. The team is moving in the right direction, and I'm very happy with that!

Name:	FE vs KSC.png
Views:	581
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	916917

And then this happens- 3 of my 1st team players were out on international duty, and I didn't ask to postpone the game. 2 dropped points!

Name:	13-9 Bochum.png
Views:	563
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	916920

And here is the reason to that 0-0 score.. why we didn't win? bad luck!

Name:	13-9 postbar.png
Views:	550
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	916923
    Disclaimer89 and PatrickLFC like this.

23. Click image for larger version

Name:	after 6 games.png
Size:	365.3 KB
ID:	916932

And that's how the league table looks like after 6 games.

24. More number of shots, a better possession, that too away from home, and most importantly- securing a victory! 3 more points.

Name:	19-9 Munchen Lions.png
Views:	547
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	916984

Solid performance. Can't ask for more.. A spell of about 8-10 mins which won us the game. Intense!

Name:	26-9 Dussedorf.png
Views:	542
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	916987

Away from home against a very strong team. I would have settled for a draw, but young Mina on loan from Celta won us the game. Excellent!

Name:	3-10 RBL.png
Views:	555
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	916990

One of those games when the players left their heads at their homes/dressing rooms, footballing booth God knows where! No one turned up well for this game. Pathetic performance against an opponent we should have easily defeated! Complacency?

Name:	12-10 Darmsdatd.png
Views:	539
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	916993

25. Click image for larger version

Name:	bbc sport.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	916995
    Over achievement?
    Is Oliver Kahn over achieving at KSC?

Many managers in the 2.Bundesliga have spoken about Karlsruhe's amazing run in this season, and are of the opinion it's because of complacent opponents, luck favoring KSC, and so on. In other words, KSC are not where they are on merit, but simply because opponents have under-estimated them, and not prepared for them the way they would/should when playing against stronger opponents.

It has happened a number of times, and that is what makes soccer so interesting. Teams going on unexpected runs only to tumble down, fall back with a thud!

Darmstadt were predicted to finish 16th when this season began, and now find themselves comfortably in the top half of the table; while KSC who are top of the table for the time being were expected to finish in 12th place.

KSC have won some games playing excellent football, but more than the games, they have won many hearts!

Fans and followers of KSC would hope the previous result against Darmstadt was only a one off, and that it's not a beginning for the downfall for their team.

Karlsruhe should be worried, and should do their best on pitch not to upset their fans- the people who have stood by them when they were relegated from 1.Bundesliga to 2.Bundesliga, and just recently when they were in 3.Bundesliga.

The real test should be in the next game against Kaiserslautern, a team expected to finish this season in the 1st place. Lose that, and there would definitely be some signs of unrest around KSC.

KSC supporters sing while they win KahnCan, but the question being raised now is, Can Kahn?

26. Click image for larger version

Name:	Schuster vs Kahn.png
Views:	541
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	917027

Schuster is one of the many managers who believes Kahn is over achieving at KSC, and would find, sooner rather than later, that their real place is on the other end of the table.

Kaiserslautern await!

27. Click image for larger version

Name:	FW logo.png
Views:	686
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	917050

KAISERSLAUGHTERN

Name:	17-10 Kaiserslautern.png
Views:	529
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	917064

Yet another day, yet another result that proves KahnCAN!

Kahn was clearly proud of the result and it showed on his face.
    Addressing the media, he said he loves proving his doubters wrong.

Kahn commented, "People can say whatever they want to, but it's a season with 34 games. Some results would be like this one, some like the one last week. But what ultimately counts is where we are after the 34th game, and that's when I would like to talk about things."

28. Man you a dominating with such big wins! Keep it up.

Surprised you managed to get a player like Loftus-Cheek on loan! Among other great signings. should hopefully make the promotion charge a lot easier.

How has Kahn Jr been getting on?

29. Click image for larger version

Name:	25-10 Heidenheim.png
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	917067

3rd loss away from home this season. We were dominant again, but failed to show it where it matters the most!
    Next is the Cup tie against Aalen, a team that earlier defeated us in the league.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Disclaimer89 View Post
    Man you a dominating with such big wins! Keep it up.

Surprised you managed to get a player like Loftus-Cheek on loan! Among other great signings. should hopefully make the promotion charge a lot easier.

How has Kahn Jr been getting on?
    Thanks mate.
    With morale high and happy players, results come well I believe, something I've observed on FM15!

Loftus-Cheek is a back-up option for me, plays like a game in 3/4 games, while coming off the bench once every 3rd game or so.
    Kahn jr is injured at the moment. And also something I didn't know- you can't register players aged 14 in the Bundesliga. I hope he can be registered when he turns 15, else we'll have to wait a further year when he turns 16!

Name:	Kahn jr.png
Views:	541
Size:	339.8 KB
ID:	917070
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

31. Click image for larger version

Name:	league table after 12 games.png
Views:	428
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	917073

The league table after 12 games. We are top, but it's very close. We have conceded most goals among the top 4 teams, but have scored the most goals in the league so far.
    Amos has been injured the last few games, and he has been missed.
    The winter break, and winter transfer window should be interesting, hopefully we get some funds to spend and improve the team!

32. Click image for larger version

Name:	29-10 Cup.png
Views:	409
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	917077

To say we were poor would be an understatement! Just didn't find the rhythm. Taught a footballing lesson.
    Time for a wake up call?
    We are out of the cup, and only promotion to play for now.

33. I have a few players wanted by other clubs, but no bids anywhere close to their value, let alone my asking price!

And the Board simply not allowing an increase to wages or transfer budget, neither to the percentage allowed from player sales.

And I've been playing a few of those players consistently, and they've been doing good..
    What can I do, anyone can help?

34. We began the next month with a decent victory. Trying to forget the last couple of results, we needed to start strong this month, build a momentum before the winter break, and the result was ideal!

Name:	1-11 Nurnberg.png
Views:	363
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	919319

At home, away from home, wherever, whatever. We retain possession, and attempt many shots compared to our opponents. Nothing happened in the first half, but with just half an hour to go, we went full throttle. 4-0 away. Momentum!

Name:	7-11 Hamburg St. Pauli.png
Views:	366
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	919322

Just what we needed again. Another victory. Going strong!

Name:	21-11 Braun...png
Views:	352
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	919325

Going a man down very early, we retained our discipline after that to earn crucial 3 points.

Name:	26-11 Sandhausen.png
Views:	359
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	919328

Momentum. STOP! A late defeat halts our progress again. We have conceded many goals too late in games, something that's hurting us!

Name:	5-12 BKD.png
Views:	368
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	919331

Seemed this would end a draw. Till almost the end. Liverpool's Yesil, on loan, scored minutes before the game would end. His 1st goal for us. He has been injured most of the time, and hardly featured, but coming on from the bench, he did very well to score the winner!

Name:	12-12 Aue.png
Views:	355
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	919334
    Lippo255 likes this.

35. After the game against Berlin-Kopenick Dammfeld. This had to happen sometime this season!

Name:	7-12 Kahn warned.png
Views:	364
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	919358

The league table as it appears after 18 games.

Name:	league table after 18 games.png
Views:	366
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	919361

Investment... Well, what's that?

Name:	11-12 reelected chairman.png
Views:	362
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	919364

New contract. The Board and fans appear happy the way we are progressing, for sure.

Name:	30-11 Contract talks.png
Views:	362
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	919367 Click image for larger version

Name:	30-11 new contract.png
Views:	361
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	919370
    Lippo255 likes this.

36. The final game before the winter break- UNLUCKY! We were really nowhere near as good as those stats make us look. Bad performance in front of goal. And with very little margin of error in the quest for promotion, 1 point could differentiate who goes automatically or via play-offs!

Name:	21-12 Inglostadt.png
Views:	368
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	919383

37. Winter break friendlies, and signings in the window.

Name:	Schedule from November.png
Views:	358
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	919384

He was bought on a free at the beginning of the season.

Name:	Valentini sold.png
Views:	350
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	919387

Senior Player and Reserves Head Coach here!

Name:	Marco Materazzi.png
Views:	355
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	919390

One for the future. Immense talent.

Name:	Kris Ajer.png
Views:	375
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	919393

2 players loaned in from Man Utd to help us in our title chase!

Name:	james wilson.png
Views:	367
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	919396Click image for larger version

Name:	janujaz.png
Views:	364
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	919399
    MANUMAD likes this.

38. Amazing loan signings there. That should add some more quality and Adnan will win points on his own.

39. Quote Originally Posted by bnpwp1979 View Post
    Amazing loan signings there. That should add some more quality and Adnan will win points on his own.
    Absolutely! He wasn't interested in joining us when the season began so I was surprised when he did actually join us. Also, the Janujaz and Wilson loan deals were finalised just 15 minutes before the window closed!

Materazzi, Ibe, Moi Gomez, Ajer, Lewis Baker, Eric Dier(great at CB for us), Lacina Traore(sadly, injured for 6 months now), Janujaz & Wilson joined us on loan, while we sold 3 players for decent sums to increase our wage budget.

Name:	Transfers Winter Window.png
Views:	344
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	919492
    Last edited by xtremeRED; 30/07/2015 at 10:13 AM.

40. The friendly game against our parent club, Dortmund. I was fearful we would be thrashed, given a proper footballing lesson, and though we played with some fringe players, a 2-0 defeat against them is not at all poor!
    Also, 3 goals ruled out for off-side... All of them being unconvincing decisions, so not really concerned about this result.

Name:	18-1 dortmund friendly.png
Views:	353
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	919473

The remaining friendlies were just to keep the lads fit, integrate some players into the team who joined us on loan recently.

The winter break came to an end. And it's back to playing football.
    1st game against a team we have lost twice to- Aalen.. I was hoping our new signings would turn that around, and boy! did they! Absolute domination and control. 4-0! GAME!

Name:	7-2 Aalen.png
Views:	374
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	919476

The better team lost, no doubt. This has become a routine affair for us this season. Dominating, but not getting the result. I gave a chance to a few players who hadn't featured as much through the season, and they surely disappointed.

Name:	13-2 GF.png
Views:	367
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	919479

A change in formation and tactics awaited, and I went for this- DEADLY CIRCLE. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/328553-deadly-circle-good-old-fashioned-4-4-2-a.html

Amazing performance. Mina has been a very good player for us on loan this season! James Wilson had a great game as well.

Name:	20-2 FE.png
Views:	348
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	919482

Janujaz! 1st goal, and an amazing performance! The lad is way better than this league, there is no doubt!

Name:	28-2 Bochum.png
Views:	347
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	919485

41. Look at that! Top 3 teams separated by just 2 points. 11 games to go now. Our GD is the best in the league, and we are happy with that if promotion be decided on that attribute. After that, the next 5 teams separated by only 3 points.

Name:	23 games gone.png
Views:	377
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	919493

Our youth intake this season. Couldn't expect any miracle given our facilities, and that's what it is like!

Name:	Youth Candidates.png
Views:	379
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	919501

42. Continuing our good form.. Manuel Torres scored his 1st goal for us. He has been poor so far this season, but played very well in this game- new formation, new tactic! Eric Dier is a rock at the back for us. Immense!

Name:	8-3 Munchen Lions.png
Views:	379
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	919569

Numerous shots taken. 2 went in. 5 hit the post! Still, 3 points for us!

Name:	13-3 Dusseldorf.png
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	919572

Name:	13-3 Postbar.png
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	919575

We are going strong now, a very healthy GD is a huge advantage for us over our rivals.

43. Click image for larger version

Name:	after 25 games.png
Views:	356
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	919583

44. Promotion 6 Pointer! KSC vs RBL.
    I went with a team with the least number of loan players, with only Amos, McLaughlin & Dier starting in defence, & Mina in attack.
    The rest of the team was of our own players, as I wanted the lads to play the game with full passion.
    The score line? WOW!
    An excellent result that further strengthens our promotion bid.
    Janujaz came on after the hour mark, and scored a brillian free kick!
    Anthony Gardner was solid at the back, he joined us on a free at the beginning of the season, and has captained the team in most of the games. True leader!

Name:	20-3 RBL.png
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	919610

We now face Darmstadt in 8th position next at home, followed by a tough away trip to current 2nd placed Kaiserslautern, another 6 pointer!
    Win these 2, and we are sure to go to the play-offs!

45. Future Transfers

Name:	Future transfers.png
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	919612

Denis is a decent CB who would be a back-up option for us.
    Nicola Della Schiava joined Bayern at their youth intake, and we decided to snap him up immediately. Young, with scope to be a good CB in the future.
    Hildebrand is a no nonsense GK. Will be back-up to whoever joins us next season. Will try to sign Amos if the deal is financially viable- he has been great for us.
    Arango was among the first signing I made after taking over at the club, but he will join us after the next season.

46. The Telegraph

Karlsruhe have been playing admirably well this season.

Leading the 2.Bundesliga table in points. Not only that, they have scored the most goals in the league, and boast of a terrific goal difference, much better than any other team in the league.

They have unlocked every defence in the league with their patient play.
    The most astonishing stat is the average possession percentage per game.
    Karlsruhe have boasted an average possession of about 58% per game this season.
    The team also has had the most shots taken per game.

Patient build up, followed by ruthless attack has been their way to achieve success this season.

Oliver Kahn has assembled a new look team altogether.

Ben Amos on loan from Manchester United has been an undisputed starter, and has kept the most clean sheets in the league thus far.

Ryan McLaughlin, the young right back from Liverpool has played the majority of games for KSC, and has been among the most consistent performers in the team, as well as the league.
    Anthony Gardner has been a rock at the back for the team. The aging centre back was signed on a free by Kahn at the beginning of the season, and Gardner has established himself as one of the best centre backs in the league.
    Partnering Gardner at CB there have been various players. Eric Dier after the winter transfer window has been a revelation. The young player on loan from Tottenham Hotspur has definitely shown what he is capable of. With ratings of 7.5-9 per game, Dier at this moment could walk in the defence of any team through Europe, an assessment which is in no way an exaggeration.
    Ylli Sallahi who joined the club in the summer from Bayern has been a constant figure on the left side of defence. He has also played further up the pitch in an attacking role. With questions being asked about his defensive play, Kahn might make Sallahi develop into a more attacking player, something similar to how Gareth Bale developed. A premature comparison as Sallahi has a lot more to do on the pitch, but his style of play reminds very much of a young Bale- strong on set pieces with a ferocious left foot. The coming season, probably in the top tier of Bundesliga should see Ylli develop further. A make or break season await the young left back next.

Reinhold Yabo has been a regular presence in the KSC midfield. The young German player was rewarded with a new contract in early December, and he has kept up with his performances in the league. Goals, assists, passing, vision, tackling- the young lad can do it all very well. He too just like Sallahi should have a very important season the next year.
    Meffert, Krebs, Peitz, Geraldo have accompanied Yabo in the center on occasions. Youngsters Loftus-Cheek and Lewis Baker(after January) have been inspired loan signings, filling in the midfield, and doing admirably well.

Yamada, Torres, and more recently, Moi Gomez, Adnan Janujaz, Jordan Ibe have played on the wings, and with their speed and on their day, they are all very capable game winners.
    Hennings and Santi Mina(on loan from Celta) have led the attack. They have been lethal upfront. Samed Yesil, Mikanski, Nazarov have been apt back ups.

A team of ordinary players have been playing extra ordinary football. Against all odds, KSC are on the verge of qualifying for the playoffs and there's no doubt about that, but also, they very much might get through one of the automatic spots!

And that's when the real work, and the real test would begin. When the players on loan return to their parent clubs, and new signings come in, certain players from KSC depart, how Kahn integrates this team the next year would be important to watch.
    Playing against Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Hoffenheim, Leverkusen and such teams in 1.Bundesliga would bring Kahn to test.

Kahn had recently said that he is open to player suggestions from the fans, and the club would try bringing some of the players the fans would want, as long as it would be financially viable.

47. Dominating in the league at the moment.

You got a screenshot of Dennis Fritz? (14yr old from your youth intake)....he is rated highly by the coaches!
    xtremeRED likes this.

48. Quote Originally Posted by Disclaimer89 View Post
    Dominating in the league at the moment.

You got a screenshot of Dennis Fritz? (14yr old from your youth intake)....he is rated highly by the coaches!
    Dominating the league atm mainly due to the players on loan. Janujaz is amazing! Not a player for this league imho!
    And Eric Dier at the back has been a rock.
    Also, as long as your team plays well, getting those results, even in games when you are behind a goal, the players would go till the end trying to find a way to equalize/win!

Here is Fritz, very ordinary so far. Next season will get someone to tutor him, train him well after I change my back-room staff hopefully, as the ones employed currently are :/ !!!

Name:	Dennis Fritz.png
Views:	345
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	920185Click image for larger version

Name:	Fritz Scout Report.png
Views:	333
Size:	423.2 KB
ID:	920188
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

49. 22 shots vs 1 shot! How we didn't score more! Janujaz again came from left to score the winner immediately after the break!

Name:	25-3 Darmstadt.png
Views:	315
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	920207

Gardner, our main CB- what a player! He has had an excellent season, an average rating of 7.62 for a defender speaks a lot. Going down a goal, we kept going at Kaiserslautern. With 3 times as many chances, we won the game after the hour mark. Defeating our 2 closest rivals in the close season!

Name:	30-3 Kaiserslautern.png
Views:	333
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	920210

A routine victory. A win next game, and the league could be ours! Automatic promotion!

Name:	2-4 Heidenheim.png
Views:	320
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	920213

50. 1. BUNDESLIGA here we come!!
    Great team performance, James Wilson, on loan from Man Utd stood out and won us this game! Not many better feelings than this as a head coach. We were predicted to finish 12th in the league. Shot at league title at 50-1!!

Name:	11-4 Nurnberg.png
Views:	323
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	920216

Name:	German 2nd Div.png
Views:	335
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	920219

Name:	initial budget.png
Views:	309
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	920222
    Nothing extra-ordinary you would say.. But altering the wage budget gives me a potential $4m+ to strengthen the team for the next season in the 1.Bundesliga.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO