• 1 Post By Player2Manager
  • 1 Post By banger93
  • 1 Post By Davey Jones

Rise of the Fleet. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Story

1. Rise of the Fleet. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Story

Rise of the Fleet
    Ebbsfleet United F.C. FM 15 Story

Wednesday 24th June 2014

Ebbsfleet United F.C. Announces Press Conference - Major News By James Parker

Today at the Stonebridge Road, Northfleet, a young man was announced as the new manager of Ebbsfleet United F.C after Jamie Days shock resignation last week. The twenty year old New Zealander Davey Jones was introduced by chairman Abdulla Al-Humaidi to the media and fans.

Mr Jones had a few words to say at his appointment. “ I am honored to have been chosen by Dr Al-Humaidi to manage Ebbsfleet. I know I have very little experience in football management apart from a few games on FM. But in all seriousness, I am determined to see the Rise of the “Fleet” through the divisions to the very top.”

Bold words for a bold manager.

Many and I have been confused at the surprise appointment of Davey Jones given his lack of experience and age. Turns out he only holds a National A Licence and only played Sunday League football back in Christchurch, New Zealand. Surely there could have someone better out there to take up the reins of the club.

But we shall wait and see if his appointment was justified. Could this be dark times for the club? We shall see....

Last edited by Davey Jones; 13/09/2015 at 03:50 AM.
    PatrickLFC and Nomadic like this.

2. Love the fact that Davey Jones is managing the Fleet - very naval themed
    JamesScott2908 likes this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Love the fact that Davey Jones is managing the Fleet - very naval themed
    A big coincidence as it's my gamer name on steam etc lol
    PatrickLFC likes this.

4. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Facts

• Founded in 1946 as Gravesend & Northfleet before named changed in 2007
    • Nicknamed “The Fleet”
    • Current playing in Vanarama Conference South
    • Based in Northfleet, Gravesend, Kent, population of 29,474
    Famous people that have played at the club
    Roy Hodgson - current manager of England, Jimmy Bullard

Map

Stadium: Stonebridge Road

A quick look at current squad

The Manager

Goals in this Save
    Maintain a majority of English players in the squad
    Reach Premier League
    Maintain an attacking style football

Next Post will be about the squad, transfer window and pre-season fixtures
    Stay tuned folks!

Last edited by Davey Jones; 13/09/2015 at 04:05 AM.

5. Pre-season Interview with Davey Jones

Attachment 949504
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rise of the Fleet. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Story-report-interview.jpg  
    Lippo255, Yeti01 and PatrickLFC like this.

6. Squad Overview
    As you can see I have added quite a few players to the team.

Injuries List
    Currently there is three players on the injuries list, two of them long term, I deem them to be some of the best players at the club.

Transfers

Four players released and nine players signed with no fees. Expected at this level.

New Players

Young, decent attributes for a centre defender, can cover left back. Expect him to grow for next few seasons.

Decent goalkeeper. Young at 19 so will expect him to grow. Will rotate with other keeper Brandon Hall during the season. Signed on non-contract. No risks at all!

Experienced Namibian international signed for one season in midfield. Great leadership and can slot in defensive mid. Signed on the cheap also!

Experienced English midfielder, provides another option in midfield, signed for one season due to age concern.

Loaned from Luton. No risk signing, fast player, can cover both wings.

Spanish Journeyman, backup for midfield, signed on non-contract so no risks at all.

Decent player for League two level,experienced Nigerian international, despite the advanced years he can still provide due to high heading and decent pace, only issue is lack of natural fitness. Cheap wages and only one year contract. Not a bad addition to defence line.

Experienced Ghanaian international, a bit slow defender but decent attributes for this level. Signed on non-contract so no risks at all.

Backup for Matt Fish at right back. Non-contract so no risk at all.

Might add more before transfer window shuts but don’t expect much.

Best Players

Along with the new arrivals, I had a better look at my squad and I see these two important for the upcoming season.

My best striker, target man with good work rate and high penalty taking skills. Expect him to lead the line.

Fast striker, can play on wings, only 20 so will expect him to improve. Leading player for Vanarama Conference Division.

Tactics
    Main tactics for the season include 4-3-2-1 and 4-2-2-2 with advanced wingers. Will adjust accordingly to each opponent. Instructions include to float the ball for target man, direct and play into space, close down less to conserve players fitness. Will tweak more going into the season but find the teams in lower leagues play well when not having too many instructions and using speed to exploit the defenses.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Good pre-season, team finding the back of the net well, the only meaningful game was against Chesterfield from League One, was undone by a hat trick. But bodes well for the upcoming season.

Onwards for the first game!

Upcoming Fixtures
    Last edited by Davey Jones; 13/09/2015 at 10:53 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

7. Sensational catch-phrase for the Ebbsfleet Online
    Davey Jones likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Sensational catch-phrase for the Ebbsfleet Online
    Good to see someone paying some attention! Will be slipping in more things like that in the future as I am still trying to figure out a good way to present this story.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Good to see someone paying some attention! Will be slipping in more things like that in the future as I am still trying to figure out a good way to present this story.
    I really like the presentation so far, well laid out and easy to read
    Davey Jones likes this.

10. August Diary Entry

Rise of the Fleet. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Story-aug-update.jpg
    Yeti01 and PatrickLFC like this.

11. August 2014 Overview

Ebbsfleet Utd F.C. Player of the Month - August
    I have created this award for Ebbsfleet Utd players only. Anyone can go for this award as long they have tried their hardest in training, play well when I pick them for games and outstanding behavior. Designed to whip the players into shape and get them motivated!

Danny Kedwell - ST(C)

4 goals in 3 games! 32 year old target man has been playing superb, big danger for the opposition defenders, is often marked heavily, allowing space to open up for wingers to exploit! Great team player and will be looking for more goals and assists to come! Provided I rest him well after each game due to lack of natural fitness. The only downside to him

August Fixtures Review

Concord Rangers 2-0 Win
    Good start to the season with this game. Kedwell grabbed a penalty goal after Marsh, playing on the left wing was tripped in the box. Highlight of the game was debut Oliver Risser firing a low rocket from 30 yards out into left bottom corner to tie up the game. Nine debuts were started in this game.

Havant & W 2-1 Win
    Balanced game with us snatching a late goal from a corner with Bonner placing a header into the goal. Cunnington got us to a flyer with a great goal from a tight angle after receiving a long pass from Fish at right back. Havant & W fought back in the 12th min with a goal from a corner.

Whitehawk 1-0 Win
    Tight game away from home, balanced in terms of possession, Whitehawk had more shots on goal with 9 to our 4 but they had 0 on target to our 2! Kedwell our scorer after receiving whipped in cross in the box area from Walley on the right

Wealdstone 2-1 Win
    50/50 possession, had better chances with 2 clear cuts, Godden scoring after cutting in from the right wing. Wealdstone fought back with a stunner from edge of the box but we finished them off with Lewis receiving the ball on the far post from a cross and volleying it into back of the net.

Basingstoke 2-2 Draw
    50/50 possession with us getting more shots on goal but less clear cut chances. Kedwell scoring twice with assists from midfielder Gower. Basingstoke drawing level after the break with two goals. One from a corner and another lobbed other the heads of our defenders for the opposition striker to collect and smashed into the net past the stranded keeper.

Looking at our stats for these games, I noticed we have dominated the aerial department constantly.
    Time for me to tinker more with the tactics then.

Current League Position - 1st
    I know it says played 6 games! Forgot to screenshot at 5!
    Rise of the Fleet. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Story-stadings.jpg
    Perfect start!

Upcoming Fixtures

Couple of away matches to get through then get started with FA cup qualifying! Hoping for continuation of form in September.
    Last edited by Davey Jones; 14/09/2015 at 10:54 AM.
    Nomadic likes this.

12. Looking good mate. When I was in the UK I lived out that way at Gravesend for a bit so I'm familiar with Ebsfleet. Will be following with interest!!
    Davey Jones likes this.

13. Cheers mate, will continue trying to impress!
    Yeti01 likes this.

14. September Overview

Manager of the Month

Great to have picked up this award for four victories in September! A testament to my ever evolving management skills!

Ebbsfleet Utd F.C Player of the Month - September

Sam Sodje - Defender (C)
    Impressed me on the training grounds after recently coming back from a twisted knee last month. 35 year old Nigerian defender was picked for the Hayes and Sutton games, part of the rearguard keeping a clean sheet and also laying on a cheeky long pass assist! He was man of the match for the Sutton game. Sam is a newcomer into the team, carries a wealth of experience playing 3 games for Reading in Premier League back in 2006 and was part of Leeds team in the Championship. Can’t wait to see more from him!

September Fixtures

Another unbeaten month in the league with tight wins and a FA Cup Qualifier!
    Our ability to burst out of the starting gates is seen in the first two wins before grinding out wins and a draw for rest of the month. Good to see the defense finally improving with me finding good partnerships. Kedwell continues to shine with 3 goals in 3 games and Alex Osborn had a good month filling on the left wing.

St. Albans 3-2 Win
    All the action happened in the first half with Alex Osborn playing on the left wing laying on a assist for Kedwell in the 3rd min from a whipped cross and also being on the end of a good move. St Albans pegged us back after each goal till Marsh put the final one away in the extra time. Second half was a disappointment with both teams see-sawing and wasted shots. Neverless a good solid victory.

Weston-super-Mare 3-2 Win
    A repeat of the St. Albans game with a busy first half with Cunnington filling in for Kedwell, putting away two penalties and Shields coming in off the right wing to score his first. Weston-Super-Mare replied after the break with two good counter attack moves before I bloody told the team to tighten up and start defending!

Hayes & Yeading 1-0 Win
    Marsh got us off well with a flyer in 2nd min. After that Hayes dominated the game and we were unable to break them down. Credit to the defenses for both teams.

Sutton Utd 1-0 Win
    A poor match with us only shooting 4 shots to their 7 and all were misses except for Kedwells winner in 75th min after pouncing on a loose ball in the goal mouth. Credit for our defense for grinding it out again!

Maidstone FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round 1-1 Draw
    Toughest game of the month, due being a FA Cup game where its the best chance of picking up cash to help out in the long run. Maidstone play in the Isthmian Premier Leagues. Was played away from home and scouts told me they played a very attacking game. So played with Kedwell up front with wingers and a three man midfield to help close down the opposition and defend deeper. Worked well in the first half with Kedwell finally scoring on a loose ball in front of the goal mouth after a tussle in extra time. Told the lads to dig in and be prepared for a fight back in second half as we struggled to get anywhere near the goal. Held on well till Bodkin managed to find a gap and got around Maddison(GK) to score. Was annoyed but got determined to see out the game with a win so told the lads to just throw everything at the Maidstone goal but it was not to be after both teams lost players to red cards and injuries towards the end of the game.

Current Table

Still on at the top after nine games, still on a undefeated run! Good to see our good start also allow us to start pulling away from the other teams.

Upcoming Games

Four home games including the FA Cup replay should see us some wins and a haul of points to continue our form.
    Last edited by Davey Jones; 16/09/2015 at 08:03 AM.
    Yeti01, PatrickLFC and Nomadic like this.

15. Rise of the Fleet. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Story-kent-online-logo.jpg
    Monday 18th October

Full Steam Ahead Captain!

Rise of the Fleet. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Story-ebbsfleet-006.jpg

Ebbsfleet Utd F.C. continued their fine unbeaten run with a draw against lowly Hemel Hempstead. Ebbsfleet run looked to be ended by Zane Bantons devastating pace that lead to two goals in the first half dominated by Banton himself. Ebbsfleet after the break managed to pull one back to draw the game with Stuart Lewis producing the goods in 51st minute. Match Report - click here

Rise of the Fleet. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Story-2015-09-16_00008.jpg

Ebbsfleet now have racked up 12 games unbeaten, with only two draws away from home. Manager Davey Jones is the man behind the unbeaten run according to the leading striker Danny Kedwell.

“the gaffer has been a delight to work for, makes you feel at ease and always listens to us even thou he does not have to. The team have been enjoying taking what he has to say on board and training sessions are much more fun to do”

Davey Jones has had the team firing well from the start of the season with Danny Kedwell scoring 7 in 9 appearances. Ebbsfleet has the second highest defensive record with 11 goals conceded in 12 games and fourth highest scoring record with 27 goals. This has put the team firmly in the seat for promotion.

Rise of the Fleet. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Story-table.jpg

We wanted to ask Davey Jones about his success but he could not be approached for comment but assistant manager Tim Coe had this to say.

“I was skeptical about Davey when he approached me about the assistant job back in June. I thought he was a crazy guy from nowhere but after listening to him about his ideas and how he wants his team to play I was hooked. Davey is a hard worker, always first in and last to leave. If there is no training on, he would either be in his office reading scouting reports or out in the community teaching school kids. He has created a relaxed environment and has led him to get his ideas across with the players easily and they know that if they have a problem, he can be contacted 24/7 anywhere.”

Davey Jones has embedded himself in the community well, mixing with fans after the games, listening to their long yarns and glory days. Jones, despite not having any experience of managing has seem to gotten the gist of it so easily. But some fans are not so easily convinced if he is the right guy to led the club. They reckon that Jones joined what it was already a promotion challenging squad, putting down his unbeaten run to luck.

Managerial genius or a lucky git?
    We shall find out further down the season.

Next weekend Ebbsfleet will be playing against our most hated rivals, scumbags Dartford at home for the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round. Upcoming game special report - click here

By James Parker

October Update will be shipped in soon.
    Stay tuned!

Sorry for the troll links but gotcha eh!?

Last edited by Davey Jones; 16/09/2015 at 11:52 AM.

16. October Update

October Fixtures

Another unbeaten month! Unbelievable! Our schedule changed a bit due to our participation in the FA Cup Qualifiers so only 3 league games this month.

Maidstone FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round Replay 4-0 Win
    A much improved display at home for the replay! Tyrone Marsh was man of match due to Maidstone unable to cope with his pace and accuracy of his shots. I played a very attacking 4-2-4 with wingers to get us off to a good start and it worked with Cunnington scoring in the 5th min. Cunnington also set up his striking partner Marsh for his first goal of the game. We drew Clevedon in the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round.

Farnborough 2-0 Win
    Played away from home, Farnborough dominated the match and yet we came out on top with Bonner heading in from a corner with a cross for Alex Osborn. Osborn would then score in the 81st min when I moved him from the wing to up front.

Eastbourne Boro 6-1 Win
    Best win of my career yet. Team got off to a good start with Cunnington hitting the back of net after Marsh’s missed chance. From there the gates opened for us to score more with Marsh, Theo Lewis, Kedwell(Sub), Langmead and Shields finding their shots go in. Shaun Whalley also played his best game yet providing 2 assists. Downside was conceding a goal in 86th min. Theo Lewis picked up the Man of the match in his rare start with a goal and assist.

Four players in the Team of the Week. All from defence too! I would have nominated my whole team for this. Oh well at least the defence is getting recognized for their hard work in training and its paying off on the field.

Clevedon FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round 3-0 Win
    50/50 in possession but we dominated the shots department with Marsh picking up the Man of Match gong again with his two well taken goals provided by Kedwell. Shields also got on the score sheet again with a fluke goal from the wing, a wayward cross that sailed over the stranded keeper into the back of the net.
    We get to progress to the 4th Qualifying Round against our hated rivals Dartford of Vanarama Conference.

Hemel Hempstead 2-2 Draw
    Disappointing game, we struggled in this one away from home against 20th place Hemel Hempstead. Zane Banton scored 2 against us in the first half totally dominated by him. The only good thing that came out of the first half was Sodjes first goal for the club. In the second half we started to attack heavily and were rewarded with Stuart Lewis burying his shot in the 51st min. Then the game fizzled out. Unbeaten record remains intact for now...

Current Table

Still on at the top after twelve games, this run is getting ridiculous seriously. We are the only team that has not been beaten this season yet in England!

Tactics

I play the 4-2-4 with wingers at home and against easy opposition and the 4-3-2-1 is used in the harder games.
    I often use guys that are versatile so I can easily change up tactics without bringing anyone on when things go downhill.

Upcoming Game
    FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round against our fierce rivals Dartford!
    Last edited by Davey Jones; 17/09/2015 at 09:42 AM.

17. Love this story, I'm doing an Ebbsfleet challenge myself. Godden and Shields have been beasts for me.

Good Luck with rest of the season.
    Davey Jones likes this.

18. Quote Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
    Love this story, I'm doing an Ebbsfleet challenge myself. Godden and Shields have been beasts for me.

Good Luck with rest of the season.
    Godden for me unfortunately has been hit with a injury so far(he has recovered) and also have no room for him at all due to Kedwell playing well, on the other hand Shields has not been a bad player so far. Thanks for liking the story!
    Last edited by Davey Jones; 17/09/2015 at 10:35 AM.

19. October Update

Ebbsfleet United F.C. VS. Dartford F.C.

Local Derby and FA Cup Qualifier 4th Round

This was going to be a huge game as I wanted to progress further in FA Cup and get one up over our Vanarama Conference Rivals-(remember we are still in south division)

The FA Cup draw picked us to play at home, our fortress where we have not lost or drawn a single game yet this season.

2092 people are in the attendance for this game, the biggest this season. Both teams come onto the pitch, Ebbsfleet led by leading scorer Kedwell.

Whistle blows and the game gets underway. Ebbsfleet is under pressure straight away for 14 mins with numerous shots testing Maddison. Hayes finally breaks our defence and scores from a tight angle. Dejected, Ebbsfleet restart the game and this time they are in control as Dartford start sitting back to protect their lead.

Shot after shot was wasted as the lads tried their luck from way out, causing me to tell the lads just work the ball into the box. Our breakthrough moment comes as Gower passes the ball towards Shields deep on the right wing who then adjusts his body and whips in a cross towards the near post where Kedwell meets and strikes on the volley into the net!

Crowd roars and Ebbsfleet are back in the game. Lads continue to press the opposition till the whistle blows for half time. Second half saw the same from Ebbsfleet passing the ball around, testing the Dartford defence. Chances dried up as neither team could find a breakthrough and game finished as stalemate. Obviously I would have preferred to win this than having to go to do a replay but the lads were tired and felt it was a fair result between the teams.

The replay match was scheduled to be play on Wednesday following the last game. Thankfully our other matches were postponed till later in the season.

Local Derby and FA Cup Qualifier 4th Round Replay

Wet, muddy and crap playing surface summed up the Replay game.

This time I decided to go all out attack and started the team with the 4-2-4 with wingers.

Dartford started the match poorly with Lee Burns sent off for sliding in on Alex Osborn. With one man advantage we scored the first goal of the match with Shields whipping in the cross that Kedwell volleyed into the net. Dartford after the setbacks started to counter attack and almost got away with a few chances.

After the first half break the boys got another goal from a set piece. Mark Gower sets up the cross for Bonner, attacking the near post heads it in. Think the game was over by now? Wrong. Dartford replied instantly with Harris scoring from 20 yards out. Then after our attack broke down deep in their half, they swiftly countered attack and Maddison was picking the ball out of the net as Harris celebrated his second after getting free in the penalty area.

Fuming at Dartfords comeback, I made substitution changes and this had a knock on effect with Risser supplying Osborn the ball which in turn was passed to Kedwell in the penalty area, taking all the time in the world to apply the finish. Dartford struck back quickly again with another 20 yard goal scored by Bradbrook. Chances were missed from both teams and tiredness kicked in as the game stopped at 90 mins 3-3.

Extra Time

With no substitutions left and having the man advantage, I went full on attack, knowing that Dartford players were more exhausted than mine. We dominated the possession and had two corners to score from. But half time approached and I told the lads to go hard or go home. We had four corners in row that were dealt with easily by Dartford. 119th min, our fifth corner, Gower exhausted, swung the ball in and the man of the match Tom Bonner met the ball with a fierce header into the goal! Celebrations erupted from the sidelines as the team mobbed Bonner.

Get it in Bonner!!!

PatrickLFC likes this.

20. October Overview

October Overview

Ebbsfleet Player of the Month - October

Tom Bonner - Defender (C)

Played 5 times this month with an average rating of 7.8, 3 goals, 1 assist and man of the match award for the amazing display against Dartford in the FA Cup replay. Tom has become a reliable defender for me and has the ability to get up the other end and score.

Cups Draw

FA Cup 1st Round Draw has given us a away game against Kidderminster. Kidderminster play in the Vanarama Conference, one level above us and are currently 8th in the league. Will be a tough game.

English FA Trophy has been drawn and we play against Bashley from Southern League Division One.

Finances

Last month has seen us getting our first profit with high gate receipts from the Dartford game and 12K prize money for beating them. Not flash but expected in lower leagues.

Upcoming Fixtures

Big month coming up for us. With the form the team is in I can be confident up picking up a big haul of points and progressing in both of the cups to the next round.
    Nomadic likes this.

21. Very good start! That 5 point gap in the table, looks very nice indeed.

Will be following.
    Davey Jones likes this.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Very good start! That 5 point gap in the table, looks very nice indeed.

Will be following.
    Cheers for following the story! Praying that the teams form continue forever! (I know it will never happen)

23. November Overview

Ebbsfleet Player of the Month - November

Shaun Whalley Midfielder (AMR)
    Loanee Shaun Whalley had a great month, banging in 3 goals and a assist from the right wing. He had to fight for his position with competition from Shields. A versatile player who can play on the left wing and loves knocking the ball pass opponents when taking them on.

November Fixtures

Big month in terms of fixtures played. Our unbeaten run was ended at hands of Kidderminster but we are still undefeated in the league.

Staines 1-1 Draw
    Team got off to a flyer with Clark heading in a corner in 1st minute. Then it turned into a domination by Staines who controlled the game and had more chances than us till they scored in the very last minute of the match. Poor performance from the team with only 1 shot on the goal for the whole game.

Gosport 4-0 Win
    Much improved displayed after a kick up the backside with last match. Marsh got the team going with a placed shot after receiving the ball of Shields. Then Osborn pounced on a loose ball in the ball to put us two up before the break after a first half domination. Kedwell himself had a goal after his initial shot hit the cross bar before he rebounded it into the net. I then took Kedwell off to rest him and brought on Godden who promptly scored, struck the net with his weaker foot after Whalley centered the ball into the box.

Kidderminster FA Cup 1st Round 0-1 Loss
    Out gunned and poor performance from the team but was expected as Kidderminster fielded a very attacking formation with fast players on the wings. Defence was unable to cope with them. Only bright light was Tumwa picking up a man of the match award. Disappointed to have crashed out early but at least it allows us to focus on the league more now.

Hayes & Yeading 3-1 Win
    Team responded with a win and Callum Davies was brought into improve the defence. Cunnington bagged two goals, one a penalty and another from a Marsh cross. Kedwell netted one with another assist from Marsh. Davies did well in his first start, getting fouled in the box that gave us the penalty and didn’t make any errors.

Farnborough 5-1 Win
    Steam rolled them again with Whalley getting a goal and the man of the match for his attacking display. Kedwell and Marsh continuing their scoring and assisting form and Sheringham coming off the bench to nab two goals.

Team of the Week

Loanee Callum Davies already making an impact.

Eastbourne Boro 3-2 Win
    A very balanced game with both teams well matched in every department but us coming out on top thanks to Bonners headers from set pieces and Rances wonderful flyer from 20 yards out.

Bath 2-2 Draw
    Well matched game with us fouling twice as much as Bath (The referee is a knob!). Whalley finds the net and Marsh carrys on his form again. Bath got into the game with a 20 yard shot goal and Pratt breaking free of our defenders to draw the game in 68th min.

Team of the Week

Bashley FA Trophy South 3rd Qualifying Round 2-1 Win
    We made this game harder than it should have been. Whalley gets us in lead in the 5th min and we were unable to capitalise on our attacking movement. Goal from opposition in the 77th min gave us a fright and I changed the tactics to go all out attack, paying off with a goal from set piece in added time to avoid extra time and a replay.

Current Table

A whopping 15 point lead now!

Upcoming fixtures

Shouldn't be too difficult to pick up more points, only concern is a tight schedule of games over Christmas and New year. 3 games in 6 days.

Transfers

Callum Davies

Brought in on a loan till end of the season. I had my eye on him for a while as he is an upgrade on most of my defenders with pace and potential to get better. Has performed superbly since joining the team.

24. December Overview

Manager News

Player of Month - December

Callum Davies -Defender (C)

Since he joined the team from start of the loan he has been in form, better than other defenders I had apart from Bonner. Reliable at back and hardly puts a foot wrong. Unfortunately will miss out on some games next month due to injury picked up in Chelmsford game. Will try signing him for next season.

December Fixtures

FA Trophy drew us away against Walton & Hersham

Maidenhead 2-1 Win
    Out of the gates start with Marsh tripped up in the box and Kedwell putting it away as usual. Balanced game till just before half time with Parsons of Maidenhead hitting a lucky shot into the net. Second half saw us on attack and were rewarded with a header from Bonner off a Gower corner. Saw out the game defending hard.

Walton & Hersham FA Trophy South 1st Round 2-0 Win
    Domination in shot department saw us run out winners over Walton & Hersham. Kedwell continuing his form with another goal in first half. Shields found the target from a free-kick in 47th min, ball just going under the cross bar to see us comfortably sit on a two goal lead for rest of the game.

Weston-super-Mare 2-1 Win
    Dominated this match thou it took us a while to find a breakthrough in the second half with Marsh and Kedwell adding to their goal tallies. Weston-super-Mare fought back eventually towards the end with a consolation goal.

Chelmsford 1-1 Draw
    Balanced game with Chelmsford having more possession. Went down in first half and just could not get any good chances till Kedwell hitting the ball on the rebound into the goal after ball bounced of the cross bar from his header. Davies picked up an injury that will keep him out of the home game against Chelmsford next month.

Basingstroke 3-1 Win
    Played two days after Chelmsford with mainly second string players as I have another match two days after this one! Got away with a win as Basingstroke had the upper hand whole game. Marsh scoring in the 23 minute and Charlie Sheringham, son of Terry Sheringham scored two goals for us with a penalty and brilliant goal on the counter, set up by Marsh in two minutes of each other. Basingstroke finally broke through in the 86th min but was too late for them to do more as we ran the clock down.

League Stats

Upcoming Games

Transfers

Matt Robinson loaned from Luton, fills in midfield as Risser and Casabella were unhappy with not getting enough first team football so I kicked them out. Decent midfielder for Vanarama Conference level.

Sylvestre Guyonnet was signed from Whitehawk in the same league as us. Cost 1K and will be worth it as he is rated League Two level and has good defensive stats plus he is a hard working team player. Currently injured but should see him in action in mid-January.

25. January Overview

Player of Month - January

Jonny Maddison - GK
    Six clean sheets this month! Made team of week after Sutton game. Has been a impressive player and extremely reliable, hardly makes any mistakes.

January Fixtures

Clean Sheet Month!
    Chelmsford 0-0 Draw
    All the 17 shots on goal, 3 clear cut chances and it all amounted to nothing. A disappointing game from Marsh and Kedwell in particular. Chelmsford did well defending against us but I expect a better display next game. Gower and Tumwa picked up injuries near the end of the game with Gower out for rest of month and Tumwa two weeks.

Boreham Wood 3-0 Win
    Sylvestre Guyonnet made his debut in this game in a three man midfield. Ebbsfleet had the upper hand in the first half and a Spiller pass to Cunnington saw himself scoring from a tight angle in 39th min. Early second half turned out to be dull, both teams goings forwards but not making chances. (Sub) Acheampong put us two put with his header from a corner in the 74th min. One minute later (Sub) Kedwell set up Shields with a through ball which Shields put into the goal off the near post. Lloyd Harrington (LB) picked up the man of the match for assist to Acheampongs header and solid performance in defence.

Mangotsfield FA Trophy 2nd Round 3-0 Win
    Callum Davies makes a return from injury into the defence. Decided to rest most of the first teamers for this game. Cunnington got us off to a start in the 9th min with a fine strike with ball going under the diving keeper. Cunnington strikes again in 20th min after collecting the ball Rance bounced against the cross bar. Cunnington completes his hat trick in the 29th min after picking up a pass from Godden and unleashing a powerful shot into the net. Team could not match the intensity in the second half as Mangotsfield went on attack but defence saw out the game with a clean sheet. Man of match of course goes to Cunnington for his hat trick.

FA Trophy 3rd Round draw sees us playing home against Blyth Spartans.

Sutton Utd 3-0 Win
    Played my traditional away tactic 4-3-2-1 with Kedwell leading the line. First half went by with nothing happening at all. I decided to change tactics at half time , reverting to a 4-2-4 with wingers and bringing on Marsh and it worked with Marsh getting a good chance in the 48th min. But our first goal did not come till 64th min with Stuart Lewis whipping in a free kick. Shields grabbed the second goal of the game in 67th min as Kedwells shot forced the keeper to block to his left, leaving Shields space to pounce on the loose ball and tap it into the open goal. 82nd min, (Sub) Cunnington strikes the ball onto the goal after getting clear of the defenders thanks to Guyonnets through pass. Stuart Lewis picked up man of the match for bossing the midfield around and for the wonderful free kick goal.

Maddison makes the team of the week for solid goal keeping performances and clean sheets!

Staines 1-0 Win
    Kedwell scores in 9th min after freekick ball went his way and keeper was out of position to block the shot. But rest of the first half saw us trying to score again, missing several great chances. Trend continued in the second half, with us struggling to maintain the ball and creating chances. Credit to the defence for keeping a clean sheet. Loanees McKay and Davies, both as centre backs impressed me alot. Kedwell man of match for his goal.

Blyth FA Trophy 3rd Round 2-0 Win
    Blyth, playing a narrow formation practically invited us for a killing with Marsh scoring in the 1st min after a Shields cross. Marsh strikes again with a jumping header that bounced off the cross bar into the goal from a Shields cross in the 25th min. Were unlucky not to score more due to hitting the wood work several times. Maddison keeping a clean sheet with some great saves. Marsh man of match.

Team set a new record for not conceding a goal for six games in a row since start of month.

FA Trophy 4th Round draw sees us playing home against Vanarama Conference leaders Barnet.

Bromley 1-0 Win
    First half saw us hog the ball but unable produce good chances. Free kick from right side of the pitch saw Guyonnet cross it towards Davies who in turn headed into the goal in 49th min. We had 6, yes 6 clear cut chances to put the game away but finishing was poor. Another clean sheet in a month of clean sheets. Guyonnet picks up the man of the match for the assist and bossing the midfield around.

Gosport

Table

Only 13 games to go!

Upcoming Games

Shorter month. Looking forward to home game against Barnet.

Player News

Michael West finally comes back from his injury after a 10 month lay off. Will be using him as a sub for rest of season to get his fitness levels back up.

Transfers

I had a few players come to me wanting more game time so told some to leave as they had better players in front of them playing well.

OUT

Sodje left as Bonner and Davies are keeping him out of the side

Sheringham left as I had too many strikers to rotate.

IN

I acquired Paul McKay on a loan, a 18 year old defender from our affiliated club Doncaster Rovers. Fills in to keep the defence fresh and also allows me to get a good look at him. His downside is low determination.
    Last edited by Davey Jones; 20/09/2015 at 04:47 AM.

26. February Overview

Player of Month - February

Sean Shields - Attacking Midfielder (R)
    Was in form this month, providing 4 assists and scoring 3 goals himself. A great player who comes of the wing and always finds his man with a cross.

February Fixtures

Interesting month, knocked out of FA Trophy competition but we maintain our undefeated run in the league.

Barnet FA Trophy 4th Round 2-2 Draw
    Guyonnet and McKay have to sit the games out as they are cup tied.
    Start of game saw us go on attack, probing the defence until Barnet players brought down Shields in the box on the 28th minute, allowing Kedwell to convert the penalty with ease and reach 20 goals scored in all competitions. Barnet worked their way back into the match just before half time with some unlucky misses. Straight after half time Barnet find a breakthrough with a well placed goal. Both teams struggle to set up chances on the goal, Barnet being guilty of missing very good chances and we managed to hold on till the end of 90 mins after Barnets late push for goal. I have used up all my subs earlier in the game.

Extra Time
    Barnet found the breakthrough they had been searching for, using pace to go on goal. After half time Ebbsfleet came out swinging, Fish centring the ball from right wing to allow Kedwell to boot it with power into the goal. Neither team could go for the kill so it will be played as a Replay away from home.

Barnet FA Trophy 4th Round Replay 2-1 Loss
    We came under pressure quickly with Barnet unleashing their guns, finally scoring a shot was into net that was not intercepted properly from a cross. Shields pulls us back into a game on the 37th min after a Cunnington free kick was parted away by the goalkeeper straight into Shields path to score. Barnet countered attack and Maddison was picking the ball out of the net again on 39th min. We struggled to get back into the game, players getting tired and Barnet were just superior. Remember they are 2nd in Vanarama Conference.

Bishop’s Stortford 1-1 Draw
    First half was rather poor with us attempting 9 shots and none were even on target. Reminded the boys of expectations at half time. In 58th min Kedwell finds the net with help from Gower. Opposition got back into the game ten minutes from time with a powerful shot from edge of box. Furious at team for poor performance after we dominated long periods of the game.

Bath 4-2 Win
    Shields scored in the 21st min after Marsh passed to him in the box. Bath levelled a through ball allowed a player to go on goal. Goal scorer Shields becomes the provider with whipped in cross that Marsh got on end of and slotted past the keeper in 32nd min. Two minutes later Shields provides a floating cross Kedwell promptly headed into the goal. Four minutes later Shields does it again with another assist for Marsh to head into the net. Bath pulled one back in the 67th min 20 yard free-kick. Shields man of match with 3 assists and goal.

Gosport 2-0 Win
    Shields gets us off to a flyer in the 6th min getting on the end of a free-kick and slotting it home. We continued to dominate the first half with more chances coming our way but unable to finish in wet conditions. Loanee Matt Robinson scores his first goal in the 64th min, meeting a free kick with a volley that goalkeeper had no chance stopping. Lewis man of the match.

Table

Need to say much?

Playoffs nicely secured. Now just to bring home the title. 10 games to go.

Upcoming Games

Looking to maintain our undefeated run!

JamesScott2908 likes this.

27. Awesome so far mate will be following with interest. Hopefully you can go the whole season unbeaten. (in the league
    Davey Jones likes this.

28. Cheers for following!

29. March Overview

Player of Month - March

Paul McKay - Defender (C)
    Loanee from Doncaster Rovers, has excelled this month in a defensive partnership with Davis, a reliable marker and enjoys big games.

March Fixtures

Unbeaten record broken this month with loss to Havant & W, otherwise we have clinched the title and promotion!

Hemel Hempstead 0-0 Draw
    Bore draw, both teams matched in each department.

Bromley 1-0 Win
    Kedwell got us up front in 34th min with a well placed shot. We struggled to maintain our narrow lead, Bromley coming close to draw the game near the end. Balanced in terms of possession and shots.

Maidstone 5-0 Win
    Marsh fluke goal in the 30th min finally sees us on the scoreboard after solid domination of possession. Minute later Marsh forces a defender with an own goal with shot bouncing off him into the net. Just before the break, at 40 mins Whalley unleashes a wondershot from 25 yards out, ball swerving around the keeper. And promptly follows up wih another goal two minutes later after receiving a Shields cross. Second half saw us easing off on attacks to counter Maidstones attacks. 76th min after receiving a long ball deep in the opposition half Marsh sprints on goal with keeper advancing, rather going for the shot Marsh lays it off to Cunnigton who was in a better position to finish it. Shaun Whalley Man of Match for two goals.

Ebbsfleet clinched the Title and Promotion with seven games in hand!

Havant & W 1-0 Loss
    After our promotion win we were terrible in this game, rarely creating chances and poor passing. Havant & W went one up after the break in 51th min with a well placed goal. I rang through substitutions to get the team more attacking only for them to come up short. Disappointing loss and a end to our season long unbeaten run.

Concord Rangers 2-1 Win
    A Marsh cross set up Cunnington for a header which flew into the net on the 8th min. Rangers pulled one back after the break after a mix up between Davis and Maddison at the back. Right back Fish scores a fluke goal from the right wing by sidelines, ball soaring over the keeper in the 71st min. Guyonnet Man of Match for controlling midfield.

Table

Top of league with Promotion and Title secured. Pains me to see the loss now.

Upcoming Games

Five more games to go and will be looking to break the points record.

30. March Overview
    Player of Month - April

Matt Robinson - Midfielder (C)

Matt, a loanee from Luton has impress me this month, taking Gowers usual position and stamping his mark with 2 PoMs, 3 assists and a goal!

March Fixtures

All wins, a good end to the season!

Whitehawk 4-1 Win
    Shields finds the net on the 21st min after a solid domination of the field, with play building up with Robinson providing for Shields placed shot. Kedwell scores from the penalty spot in the 42nd min after a player was brought down. Whitehawk fought back in the 73rd min with their only shot on target for the whole game. Cunnington secures our lead again in 83rd min with Robinson putting Cunnington onto a through ball and rounding the keeper for the goal. But we were not done yet with Whalley scoring in the 90th min after intercepting a Shields cross and side footing it into the net. Robinson Man of Match for two assists.

Wealdstone 2-0 Win
    West in a rare start on the right wing sets up Kedwell for the first goal on the 19th min. West then becomes the second scorer in the match, pouncing on the loose ball in front of the goal mouth on 26th min. Then we shut up the shop and sat back for the rest of the match to protect players.

Boreham Wood 2-0 Win
    Kedwell gets us fired up on the 22nd min, after receiving a great pass from Robinson and firing the long shot pass the keeper. McKay scores the second after receiving a cross with a header that the goalkeeper could not stop and fumbled into the net on the 60th min. Boreham Wood had 19 shots to our 9 but only 4 on target to our 3! McKay Man of Match for header and solid defending.

St. Albans 2-1 Win
    Marsh gets us ahead on the 25nd min, after Maddison makes a series of good saves and goal line clearances to keep out early St. Albans attack, Marsh letting the ball fly from the edge of the box. Robinson fires in a long range free kick on the 44th min outside the box. St. Albans finally broke down our defence on the 61st min after camping around our box, testing the shots until Maddison exposed the goal to a powerful one. We survived a barrage of shots until the full whistle blew with us running out winners. Robinson Man of Match for his winning free kick and solid performance in central midfield.

Bishop’s Stortford 4-1 Win
    Things went badly for us with Bishop taking advantage of a corner on 32nd min to score a header into the net. But Gower strikes back for us instantly, after building up the play with passing between the strikers and unleashing a long shot from 30 yards out into the net on 33rd min. Kedwell scores on the 50th min, taking advantage of the space around him to place the shot beyond the keeper. Kedwell scores again 7 mins later in a similar fashion as the first one. Shields finds the net on the 67th min after receiving a cross from Tumwa in the box. Kedwell Man of Match with two goals.

Table and Cups

Decent Runs in the cups and a easy run in the league, only tainted by that one loss!

Good to see a few of the players near the top on the stats charts!

Squad

Next Season

Will be looking to chop and change the team a bit with new transfers as I want better passers and fast wingers to build a passing team. Core of the team is there with Shields, Marsh, Fish and Guyonnet. Will be looking to add the loanees Davies and McKay to my squad for next season as they have impress me well in the defense.

Players that never got enough game time or are not good enough will be moved on.

In my opinion the team is good enough to survive next season but I wanting another promotion. Will be busy during the pre-season. Stay tuned for my new signings!

31. Just an update while I power through the long pre-season

As somebody who dislikes Mourinho, this made my day! Only if it could happen in real life..

Surprised to see Spurs and Swansea relegated in first season

Transfer Update

My first signing of the window, unbelievable that I picked him up when an agent offered him to me. He had interest from the Premier League clubs! What a steal! Similar player to Kedwell and highly rated for the Vanarama Conference level.

No wonder why I had to sign him when I saw the clubs interests in him!

Good to have Davies back again for another season!

Last edited by Davey Jones; 04/10/2015 at 10:26 AM.

32. 2015 -2016 Preseason and Transfers

Just a heads up for this thread. I will be doing less regular posts as in attempt to speed up my gameplay so sorry for lack of quality in my posts but I want to see Ebbsfleet reach Premier League by January at least.

Anyway onto my Transfers!

Transfers

Many quality youngsters were signed, with Miller (last post) and Newell coveted by Premier League clubs and I am delighted to have them.

Paul Newell

A physical left back, young at 16 and was coveted by Premier League clubs. A big coup for Ebbsfleet and fills in my problematic left back position. Will be seeing him make the first team alot and develop well.

Matt Sparrow

A true tested veteran, has played in League Two level, a well rounded midfielder.

Shane Byrne

Irish midfielder, young at 22 and my assist manager reckons he has alot of potential. Signed on non-contract.

Jack Munns

Attacking minded young midfielder, has good dribbling skills and stamina. Signed on non-contract.

Billy Bodin

Welsh left winger, decent for Vanarama Conference level. Signed on non-contract.

Johnny Hunt

Left winger, decent for Vanarama Conference level. Loaned from Cambridge for nothing.

Robert Dickie

Fast centreback, a good backup behind Davies and Bonner. Loaned from Reading for nothing.

Kevin Gardner

My best youth prospect from in youth intake last season. Hope he develops a bit

Overall Squad

Alot of good talent but my strength is in attack.

Hence for these tactics based on quick passing and floating crosses to a target man up front.

A good sign if media is tipping us for promotion.

Short pre-season done and dusted, lots of rivals to play against in the first few months!

Keep an eye out for my next update when I have completed half of the season.

Cheers for reading and following the story!

Mkmillwall likes this.

33. 2015-2016 Season January Update

Competition Summary

26 games played, 15 wins, 9 draws and 2 losses see us 3rd in the league, putting us in the driving seat for promotion to League 2. Ideally I want us to be first to avoid the playoffs and the goal is still reachable despite us suffering constant injuries to key players and upset players wanting to leave. The squad is starting to be a bit stretched so I will be aiming to bring in loans, ideally in midfield positions.

As for cup competitions we have a tough game against Ipswich at home for FA Cup and hoping to see progress through FA Trophy but my focus is on the league alone.

Played Fixtures

At the moment the team is on a winning run and hopefully that will allow us to rein in on the leaders in the league. You might to be surprised to see Millers name often on the score sheet and I have been starting him often as I see him a cheaper, younger upgrade on Kedwell who I will let go at the end of the season due to advanced age and high wages.

Current Squad

Jake Jessup and Robbie Threlfall were brought in to provide depth in defence and goal.

League Stats

Good to see our defensive players top on the stats and our newcomer Billy Bodin doing well on the left flank.

Hopefully by the end of the season we see Ebbsfleet as Champions.
    Last edited by Davey Jones; 18/10/2015 at 06:53 AM.

34. Good save so far mate! enjoying this and your 'player' save as well
    Davey Jones likes this.

35. Quote Originally Posted by Player2Manager View Post
    Good save so far mate! enjoying this and your 'player' save as well
    Cheers mate!

36. Champions!

Unbelievable season as we clinched the league title on the last day and win the FA Trophy on penalties!

League

Title race went down to the wire on the last day and lucky for us we won our match and Dag & Red lost theirs allowing us to avoid the playoffs!

Miller the man of the season! At 16 he is incredible and is reflected on the league stats.

As you can see with our played fixtures, we managed to keep fighting to the league title despite dropping points but strikers Miller and Kashket kept us focused at the end.

Season Summary

Not a bad season, made progress in the FA Cup to Third round and winning the other two!

Miller is going to be hard to keep at the club now as Championship clubs are keeping an eye on him, lucky for us he likes Ebbsfleet!

Pretty much my first team I fielded the entire season.

Players

Miller was a beast for me, forcing Kedwell to go into early retirement. Davies and Dickie were a good defensive pairing this season, hardly made mistakes and saw us concede less goal than other teams.

Overall I was happy with most of the squad performances but with us going into League 2 I will be making huge changes again but at least we won't have to worry too much about relegation as there are only two bottom spots.

For the title push I had to bring in more quality players

Scott Kashket

Actually had him on loan for 3 months at start of the season and he did well for me to bring him back for the rest of the season. Knows how to find the net and plays well next to Miller. Will be looking to bring him back next season.

Kane Ferdinand

Loaned from Peterborough and filled in the midfield and is versatile. Will be looking to nab him when his contract expires in June.

Sullay Kaikai

Needed a better left winger and Sullay was loaned from Crystal Palace. He was important in the FA Trophy final, scoring a long distance goal to keep us in the game! Seems to be a consistent player and is good for League 2 level.

Dean Leacock

Came in to strengthen the defence and wasn't to shabby at all, contracted till end of next season.

Robbie Threfall

Back up for leftback position behind Newell.

Aaron Morris

Good passer and can play across defensive positions.

37. Club Update

About time!

What!? I didn't even ask for this! We are getting a stadium with capacity of 9898, almost 5000 more than current. Bit surprising as we can't even fill out our current stadium yet, had a 30% capacity for the season!

Oh no...

Thank god.

Being cheeky I decided to ask for an upgrade and surprise surprise, they gave me one!

Flush with cash even we have not started in League 2 yet. Might go down hill after I sign new players and upgrade current contracts. But good to see after 2 seasons of cutting back wages to make sure we don't go in debt.

Keep an eye for the next update as it will cover new transfers and pre-season!

38. 2016-2017 Pre-season update

Transfers

Had a busy pre-season looking for quality players to fill my team while constrained by my budget.
    As usual I went for free transfers and loans to fill the team.

Callum Davies, Sulley KaiKai and Scott Kashnet return for another season on loans. Kane Ferdinand also signed for us on free transfer at the end of his loan.

Also managed to hold on to Miller and Newell as Championship and Premier League clubs made numerous offers which I gladly turned down.

Joe Lolley

Looks to be my best signing of the transfer window. Plays on the right wing and cuts inside. Knows how to score and has very good technical ability and pace. Previously played for Huddersfield. Commands the highest wage in the team but I am sure it will be worth it.

Josh Lillis

Needed a better goal keeper and was pleased to land Josh Lillis, has decent all round stats for a goal keeper and previously played in League 1 and 2.

Adam Thompson

An upgrade on the right back position, a little better than Matt Fish in my opinion and still has time to improve. Nothing about him says wow but my assistant reckons he has huge potential.

Cian Bolger

Irish defender, great determination and team worker, looks to be lethal in set pieces with his heading ability and probably will pair up with Davies as first team central defenders.

Evan Horwood

Needed a better back up for Newell in left back position, signed for one season due to age concerns but looks to be a decent player with good attacking skills when going forward.

Conor Henderson

Ex-Arsenal Academy player joins us on a free. Solid midfielder and most likely to be a back up unless he does well.

Steven Schumacher

Signed for one season in midfield, brings good set piece taking abilities and has great leadership skills and will be battling for a first team position.

Antonio German

Doesn't say wow or anything with his attributes but will be a back up for strikers in the team.

Squad

Strength lies in the attack again but defense looks to be solid for League 2 level. Forgot to get a more detailed screenshot here but will provide a better one halfway through the season with nationalities and contract details etc.

Fixtures

Decent warm up for the season, played against mostly League 1 teams and only lost 2 games, bodes well for the season. Got cup games already and we are actually entered in 3 cup competitions this season, Capital One Cup, Johnstone's Paint Trophy and FA Cup.

With the squad I got I reckon we got a shot at the promotion places but who knows. We will find out by January if we can go up again.

See you next update!

39. Great going mate! I'm currently doing a save with Hayes and heading.. But I can't seem to find any good players? How you find yours?

40. Quote Originally Posted by banger93 View Post
    Great going mate! I'm currently doing a save with Hayes and heading.. But I can't seem to find any good players? How you find yours?
    Cheers buddy! I tend to use scouts in cup competitions and in the region with certain requirements to narrow down results. I also look at agent offers especially young players as they often are decent. That is how I found Miller. Plus I spend alot of time manually scouting, looking for well rounded attributes and interesting looking players with good determination and work rate etc. Also if you see a player on free with wanted icon then it pays to have a look as it might be a good regen etc. I actually spend more time scouting than playing the games .

41. 2016-2017 Season January Update

Competition Summary

What a start in League 2! Leaders by a small margin and knocked out of all the cup competitions. Have no complaints but feel that we would have been challenging in the Johnstone Paint Trophy but ever since we got knocked out we went a good run in the league.

Only one loss in the league and two in the cup competitions. Went on a unbeaten run for 20 games after the Johnstone Paint Trophy loss. But have huge concerns for the defense as it is starting to leak too easily from set pieces and penalties.

Lillis has started well for the Clean sheets but in recent run of games has seen him slip down the rankings. Miller is on form and keeping up with David Ball. But good to see strikers near the top of assists but have concerns that the wingers are not chipping in enough.

Have made 3 changes to the squad, bringing in 3 loans to strengthen defence and midfield.

Kyle McFadden loaned from Coventry slots into central defence and will be an important player.

Seanna Foster loaned from Leeds fills in problematic right back position and offers more going forward than Thompson.

Josh Sheehan loaned from Swansea to cover recent injuries in midfield and is a well rounded midfielder, can provide something in attack and defend.

Hopefully with the new loans will help the team get over the mini slump and injuries to keep up the title charge till the end of the season.

Stay tuned for the next update!
    Last edited by Davey Jones; 28/10/2015 at 07:35 PM.

42. Doing quality mate!! Thanks for the advice on olayers found a few gems from looking at the wanted players lol
    Davey Jones likes this.

43. Quote Originally Posted by banger93 View Post
    Doing quality mate!! Thanks for the advice on olayers found a few gems from looking at the wanted players lol
    No problems mate!

44. 2016-2017 End of the Season Update

Competition Summary

League Champions!

Board was happy with my progress with the cups but hopefully we can do better in Johnstone's Paint Trophy next season.

A mixed run after January saw us stay at the top, picking up big wins near the end of the season.

Callum Miller is definitely a beast at the moment, topping the league in goals and assists! Josh Lillis also did well, 2nd in clean sheets.

Of my new signings, McFadden, Bolger, Sheehan and Lolley did well, Lolley scoring 20 goals off the right wing the Irish centre backs putting in a solid partnership. Players below Threfall on the list will be released before next season due to poor performances and not cut out for the next level.

Irish centre back pairing Bolger and McFadden, left back Newell and Callum Miller made League 2 team of the year.

Miller also picked up the goalscorer of the year with 24 goals along with Fan's Player of the Year gong too.

My strongest first team.

Two of my brightest prospects made the Under 20s for England.

PatrickLFC likes this.

45. I have decided to not to carry on with this save due to the fact I want to do a different save in FM16. I would like to thank everyone who had followed this story and stay tuned to my next story which I am hoping to have up and running by New Year.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO