Like Tree157Likes

Look who is back: "IL Capitano" taking over the Red & Black!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

1. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Haha bringing Pato back!

Tielemans Vajello and Balanta have made the spine of my United team all the way up to 2027
    I had to get at least 4 players in the squad who are HG at the club, and wanted to get in players who are decent/good.. Pato, though very injury prone, will be a really good player to fill the HG at club slot, along side De Sciglio and Astori for certain.. also, there's Darmian now, and in a couple of years I'll have a lot more of them!

Tielemans is from what I've read, the only -10 in the game this season, right? he had a $24m release clause so I activated that..
    Vallejo has become a very good CB now..
    Balanta is nice, except for a few stupid mistakes he makes at times..
    but with De Vrij, Mustafi, Astori, Sule and Vallejo already, I might let Balanta leave..
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

2. btw.. Denis Suarez signed from Barca for $3m!
    he's a decent left winger, and will be a rotation option..

3. Pato waa my favourite FM12 striker,he's home-grown,and a decent backup.
    Good signins btw,you have a squad with massive potential.
    Keep it up !
    Also,good season,unlucky in UCL.
    xtremeRED likes this.

4. Click image for larger version

Name:	July 6th Shelvey.png
Views:	203
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	967107
    Tracz likes this.

5. It's a tough one.. Both are decent teams, and I'm in a sort of confusion who should I go for!
    With Spain, I have the chance to work with some of my players at the club, get the best out of them at international level too- Vallejo, Denis Suarez, Isco, Samper.. Give the youngsters a chance, and build on..
    Javi Martinez, Koke etc.. it's a super team..

De Vrij, Zivkovic & Bilal are the Dutch players in my Milan team.. and with Blind, Depay, Classie, Indi, Robben, Sneijder.. the Dutch team is also good enough...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Holland.png
Views:	205
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	967108

Name:	Spain.png
Views:	194
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	967111

6. Click image for larger version

Name:	SPAIN APPOINTMENT.png
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	967112

7. Click image for larger version

Name:	Digne.png
Views:	185
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	967128

Name:	Digne1.png
Views:	181
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	967131
    Tracz likes this.

8. Click image for larger version

Name:	Maldini.png
Views:	188
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	967132
    Tracz likes this.

9. Just a glimpse of what this season should be like.....

Name:	record shots.png
Views:	212
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	967144
    Tracz and makaveliAFC like this.

10. He was available cheaply, he's talented, decent wages, ready to accept terms as a rotation option..
    So why not!

Name:	Rulli.png
Views:	169
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	967146
    Tracz and Disclaimer89 like this.

11. Not just against small teams this tactic...
    Still some work to do, defensively and set pieces..
    It's a 4-3-2-1, 3 CM's and 2 AM's.. I might change 1 CM to DM as a regista.. Pirlo!

Name:	Juve preseason.png
Views:	205
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	967149
    ninjaskill likes this.

12. Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug 13th Napoli.png
Views:	181
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	967152

Name:	Verratti.png
Views:	182
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	967155
    Tracz and Hellsdoom like this.

13. With Pirlo at 37 and Gabi at 33, and Gonalons not all that effective, Tielemans not the player currently that we expect him to be in a year or two, I decided to bring in an Italian midfielder in the team, and Verratti fit the bill..
    He was Chelsea, and wasted there.. Here he comes to play more, and become a vital player hopefully.. He'll be the replacement for Shelvey imo..

I am now considering changing a few things in the tactic, revert to the standard 4-1-2-2-1 and play an absolute possession based game this season.. and in between against weaker opponents, try out smashing them big time!

Also have commitments with Spain now..

14. I love Verratti, awesome signing.
    xtremeRED likes this.

15. Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug 18th Maldini.png
Views:	144
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	967465

16. Last year we did well in the Champions League if you ask me- reaching S/F's and losing to the eventual champions, PSG..

Vallejo was more of a back up option last season, though he started 13 games, and came on as a sub in 12 more games, making 25 appearances in all competitions..

Also, he's going to be a key part of my Spain side, and thus, when he came to me asking about Barca's interest, and wanting to join them, there was no way, NO BLOODY WAY I could let that happen..

Name:	Aug 18th Vallejo.png
Views:	147
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	967467

It took a long time, and a lot of convincing...
    but eventually.....

Name:	Aug 23rd Vallejo.png
Views:	146
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	967470

17. I was happy after the 2nd round..
    We were seeded 2nd, and SLB were 1st..
    I was relieved.. until I saw Manchester United joined us coming in as the 3rd seeded team! A tough group this one, and we'll have to be at our best in order to get through this tricky test!!

Name:	Aug 25th CL groups.png
Views:	149
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	967472

18. Click image for larger version

Name:	Competition expectation.png
Views:	143
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	967475

19. Ouch that is a hard group!

You can get through though
    xtremeRED likes this.

20. And so the season begins.. 1st and only game in the month of August in the league, and we faced Fiorentina away.. Not an easy game this, but we came out with the victory comfortably.. 3 goals with half hour, with Berardi scoring a brace! Grealish looks like he'll be an important player this year!

Name:	Aug 28th Fiorentina.png
Views:	133
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	967477

21. AC MILAN SQUAD FOR 2016-17

Here's the team for this season.. Looks a good balance, some excellent youth prospects, and some great players currently..
    The 4/4.5/5* players would be key and regular starters, and most of the players would be given a chance to impress!

Name:	Squad 1.png
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	967480

Name:	Squad 2.png
Views:	163
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	967483

Name:	Squad 3.png
Views:	178
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	967486
    Average Joe likes this.

22. The least number of players I've signed in any given window across all my saves ever on FM!
    That's saying something..

Also, as it is, the team was balanced, and I just needed to tweak a wee bit, adding to numbers also were only quality players, and a few youngsters!

Name:	IN.png
Views:	174
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	967488

23. The players that departed.. I didn't see these players having much chance, some were deemed surplus to requirements, and a few were sold due to value we got for them!
    A number of these players that were sold, we still retain a 50% sell on for their next transfer! Just in case I feel like resigning any!

Name:	OUT1.png
Views:	160
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	967491

Name:	OUT2.png
Views:	165
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	967494

Name:	OUT3.png
Views:	167
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	967497

24. 312m recoupled from player sales, 140m spent on players bought!

Also, our wage budget remained more or less the same..

25. Time for a new Spanish revolution! We thoroughly dominated this game, though it was late into the game we got the goals.. but still, a victory is a victory! World Cup qualifier game against minnows Faroe Islands..

De Gea in the goal, Carvajal & Alba the wing backs, Vallejo partnered Pique in central defence, Gabi and Koke ahead of Busquets in midfield, and Isco, Denis Suarez & Ayoze Perez the front 3..

Next game is against Austria, and there would be a few changes in the team & tactics...

Name:	Sep 2nd Spain Faroe Islands.png
Views:	168
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	967535

Name:	Sep 2nd Spain vs Faroe Islands.png
Views:	185
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	967538

26. That's one hell of a big squad you have haha
    xtremeRED likes this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    That's one hell of a big squad you have haha
    11 in the first team, 12 as subs in the Serie A..
    So i have 39 players listed above.. 12 of those are under 20.. A few aren't good enough/not in contention..
    Looks a big squad, but I am happy with the balance and options at the moment!

28. Glad to get the win, and all 3 points.. It was a tough game, but we secured the victory thanks to a goal from Silva!

Name:	Sep 6th Spain Austria.png
Views:	159
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	967574

29. Click image for larger version

Name:	Sep 6th Spain WC group stage.png
Views:	155
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	967575

30. Turning attention back to the league after the international break, we dominated this game, and only got the victory towards the end! Need to be more clinical though..
    Xhaka got his 1st goal in this game, his league debut, but it was Berardi's goal that was the highlight of the game..
    Empoli's goalie Boruc came out of the box with the ball, looking to push his team higher, but Berardi went pressing, dispossessed the keeper, and hit the target from way outside!

Name:	Sep 10th Empoli.png
Views:	157
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	967576

31. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Ouch that is a hard group!

You can get through though
    United, Marseille & Benfica are all dangerous, and we need to be at our best if we are to qualify from the group!

32. There it is.. the 1st tough game in CL this season against United, and Balanta my boy! earns a red in the 25th minute, and at 1-0 down, I thought we could still come away with a point maybe.. but a man down at Old Trafford..
    Balanta was fined a week's salary so he doesn't repeat the same mistake again! 2 yellows in 25 minutes!

Name:	Sep 14th Man Utd.png
Views:	220
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	967600

33. Had a crash on the game, and reloaded..

3-0 away against Udinese, I'd take that.. We put behind the United game, and turn up for this one! Grealish getting a brace there, proving his importance!

Name:	Sep 18th Udinese.png
Views:	143
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	973640
    Last edited by xtremeRED; 06/11/2015 at 08:49 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

34. Looking at the team, can any one suggest any tactic/formation?
    And any transfer targets?
    Also, which of the players at the club can be sold and upgraded?
    Pirlo might probably retire at the end of the season..

35. I'll get on with a quick update with what's happened so far on the save shortly..
    With FM16 round the corner, there's lesser traffic on here now, and it's something I'm sure will not improve..
    Also, I'll try to play as much as I can asap, and close this save/story down too..

thanks to everyone who gave this a read, and your comments and likes..

36. This season I'm playing Pirlo occasionally.. He needs adequate rest in between games if we need him to do his best in the games he plays.. One of the reasons to buy Verratti was so he could replace Pirlo gradually in the team, this season being the step up for Marco.. he's doing well so far- taking set pieces duty, he is helping with assists.. not yet dictating games the way Pirlo does, but Verratti will certainly get better!

Name:	Sep 21st Genoa.png
Views:	139
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	973643

Vallejo scored and did well defending.. another victory and a good performance!

Name:	Sep 24th Chievo.png
Views:	142
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	973646

Berardi got on the score sheet, as we earn an important victory in our CL group..

Name:	Sep 27th Marseille.png
Views:	136
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	973649

Name:	Sep 28th CL group table.png
Views:	134
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	973652

Name:	Sep 28th league table.png