Barça 4-3-3 Tiki-Tactic (Improving Tiki-Taka style)

karlbe

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first share. It's a FM 2015 tactic that I've made mainly to emulate the Barça's tiki-taka, but trying to fit it to the game and get succeed.

Introduction:
We've seen that Barça has lost its magic during latest seasons and that's something that I had in mind for the tactic. Lately, teams when play against Barça design a counter attacking system, speculate and defend carefully. My tactic is balanced with opposite counters and rarely I draw or lose, specially when I play with my best players.

Tactic overview:
The idea isn't have 70% possession and 3-4 shoots in one half, my idea is to have 30-40 shoots every match although possession is balanced. In my oppinion it doesn't mind how much you have the possession. I think it's more important what you're doing with it, and most importantly, what you allow your opposite to do with it. I let the opponent play (have possession) but it's a strategy to let them get out of their cave and catch them unawares when I get back the ball.

I've made an offensive tactic that cares a lot the way you defend... And it really works! The pressure and marking system is mixed and I think that's the only way this can work well.

It's a plug & play tactic. About opposition instructions I allow my assistant manager to do it, even against strong teams. Team training deppends on you. I set defensive when I play away against strong teams, and offensive when I play home. Sometimes I like to defend set pieces when I play away against tems that play counter. As I said, it deppends on you.

To consider:
There's a little issue that I'm considering to improve on the tactic. My players, tend to shoot from away when they can do more, but it's probably because my forward guys have a low teamwork. If you consider this a problem just go to player instructions and tell your forwards to shoot less often, but this could decrease your chances of scoring, that's why I didn't changed it.

There are a few things to have in mind... Martín Montoya isn't as good as Daniel Alves, that's why I set Daniel Alves to be complete wingback and Montoya as full back. Same thing happens with Xavi and Sergi Roberto, among others. Usually the role is the same but you're free to set the youngs play like the superstars.

Achievements:
Actually I'm managing Barça and my team is the one who concedes fewer goals than the rest in the division and the one who scores more goals.

I'm not a Football Manager expert but I consider this tactic could work well for you. All opinions are welcome!

First season buys:
Well this year it's lovely the way that SI improved the scouting system, but to be realistic, Barça doesn't need too many transfers (at least in the game). I just bought a ball playing defender that could play as regista in the future (Éder Álvarez Balanta) and another inside forward (footed right) to give depth to the team because I love making rotations (Memphis Depay).

Screenshots:
View attachment 332391View attachment 332390View attachment 332389View attachment 332388View attachment 332387View attachment 332386View attachment 332385View attachment 332384

Download the tactic:
http://www.4shared.com/file/pJnwkH9fce/Bara_Tiki-Tactic_by_karlbe_v10.html

Could you post a link to download the other tactics you have loaded? The offensive and defensive ones

If you say the idea is to emulate Barca tiki-taka (I guess you mean under Pep), it's not understandable how is not about possession. Confusing.

If you say the idea is to emulate Barca tiki-taka (I guess you mean under Pep), it's not understandable how is not about possession. Confusing.

Pep's "tiki-taka" wasn't about possession, but about moving opponent using the ball to create spaces to attack into.

that's precisely why Barca had so much possession :)

Pep's idea of always having the ball (or at least the most possible) was / is a defensive concept because he was afraid what opponents might do with the ball. This is why he wanted his team to regain possession high in the pitch and always moving the ball around, both for opening / creating spaces as to avoid being counter. It's neither defensive or offensive, it's both.

that's precisely why Barca had so much possession :)

Pep's idea of always having the ball (or at least the most possible) was / is a defensive concept because he was afraid what opponents might do with the ball. This is why he wanted his team to regain possession high in the pitch and always moving the ball around, both for opening / creating spaces as to avoid being counter. It's neither defensive or offensive, it's both.

The main idea is control the game. If you have the ball, you rule, you decide where and how it's played... you control the game. Possession is a tool to control the game. But all of this is not just about to have the ball. It's about to have the ball in opposition's half, far from your goal. You control the game dominating the opponent, drawing them and exploiting their weakness. If they are narrow together, then you do a long pass to the other side. If they are wide, then you do short passes to draw them. To have the opponent just where you want.

Precisely, to have the ball, that's the key issue. So, if in 90 minutes you have the ball a few more than 50% or even, let's say 60% it's not like our team is in control of anything, it's a very even match. As for Pep, having the ball was more a defensive concept because, as stated for him self, he found Barcelona was terrible when didn't have the ball.