Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By kallemannen
  • 1 Post By WJ
  • 1 Post By zJordan
  • 1 Post By WJ
  • 1 Post By kallemannen
  • 1 Post By LiamMagwood
  • 2 Post By Subtle
  • 1 Post By ImAddicted
  • 1 Post By Muzstafa

Overrated/Underrated players Thread!

  1. Overrated/Underrated players Thread!

    Hello

    Here we can discuss players we think are underrated, or overrated ingame. Both potential and CA.
    But remember , if you want to write out exact Ability and Potential (CA & PA) always hide it in spoilers.

    So if you are using the editor and have seen a couple of PA, CA you think is wrong, dont write it out but hide it under spoiler.

    NOTE:
    Im gonna explain how FM ratings system work. Sigames are NOT giving out ratings and stats themselves, this is how it works.

    Every team in game has an individual expert that decides ratings and stats for every player in his club
    I know this cause im the official editor for club Malmö FF

    Its a swedish club, so we also got a facebook group and discuss forum where we together discuss and rate players in the whole league so it reflects reality as good as possible.

    --------------------------------------

    So thats how ratings are made, individual experts. So it aint possible to blame or tell Sigames for "bad ratings".


    So yeah, we can kind of see how good a player is, and notice ingame how good he becomes
    This is no "spoiler" I think so feel free to write out what you think on a player just based on star ratings, scout reports, stats and so on


    .
    Last edited by kallemannen; 30/10/2015 at 09:30 PM.
    pl3rious likes this.

  2. Is this not better off in the Players section?
    Barca4ever11 likes this.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by WJ View Post
    Is this not better off in the Players section?
    Hha,that's the exact same question that i wanted to ask.

  4. Framåt Malmö!


    Ryan Mason is very underrated, nearly good enough for a Championship team. I'm not saying he should be like Iniesta or anything, but he is very poor I think. Stat wise

  5. Quote Originally Posted by WJ View Post
    Is this not better off in the Players section?
    Oops.. perhaps an admin can move the thread?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Framåt Malmö!


    Ryan Mason is very underrated, nearly good enough for a Championship team. I'm not saying he should be like Iniesta or anything, but he is very poor I think. Stat wise
    Agreed, hes the kind of player that arent that good but still important and could have higher CA I think
    Are u from sweden/scandinavia btw?
    if u are contact me in PM

  7. Alright, my turn
    Aubameyang
    So underrated!
    Right now hes up there amongst some of the best strikers in the world
    and hes been consistent previous seasons too

    Hes got almost maxed out pace an acceleration, and I know that these stats have a heavy CA weight

    But still, hes strong, good vision and passer, decent dribbler and very good on the ball

    He is nothing but pace on FM and that doesnt do him justice irl
    hes techincal stats and mental are terrible
    deservers more vision, passing, dribbling , strenght, finishing, technique

    Hes the third best in bundesliga behind lewa and muller, hes damn close to muller I think the way he plays now!
    160 CA wouldnt be wrong

  8. Quote Originally Posted by kallemannen View Post
    Hello

    Here we can discuss players we think are underrated, or overrated ingame. Both potential and CA.
    But remember , if you want to write out exact Ability and Potential (CA & PA) always hide it in spoilers.

    So if you are using the editor and have seen a couple of PA, CA you think is wrong, dont write it out but hide it under spoiler.

    NOTE:
    Im gonna explain how FM ratings system work. Sigames are NOT giving out ratings and stats themselves, this is how it works.

    Every team in game has an individual expert that decides ratings and stats for every player in his club
    I know this cause im the official editor for club Malmö FF

    Its a swedish club, so we also got a facebook group and discuss forum where we together discuss and rate players in the whole league so it reflects reality as good as possible.

    --------------------------------------

    So thats how ratings are made, individual experts. So it aint possible to blame or tell Sigames for "bad ratings".


    So yeah, we can kind of see how good a player is, and notice ingame how good he becomes
    This is no "spoiler" I think so feel free to write out what you think on a player just based on star ratings, scout reports, stats and so on


    .


    Also another thing. For example, Im an editor for a swedish team, so I know how to get into contact with swedish editors.
    But I dont know about other countries, so if you are an editor or know about this, write in the thread and we can send some opinions to those editors
    I'm not saying he should be like Iniesta or anything, but he is very poor I think.

  9. Bacca looks unreal. Overrated imo.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kallemannen View Post
    Alright, my turn
    Aubameyang
    So underrated!
    Right now hes up there amongst some of the best strikers in the world
    and hes been consistent previous seasons too

    Hes got almost maxed out pace an acceleration, and I know that these stats have a heavy CA weight

    But still, hes strong, good vision and passer, decent dribbler and very good on the ball

    He is nothing but pace on FM and that doesnt do him justice irl
    hes techincal stats and mental are terrible
    deservers more vision, passing, dribbling , strenght, finishing, technique

    Hes the third best in bundesliga behind lewa and muller, hes damn close to muller I think the way he plays now!
    160 CA wouldnt be wrong

    agree.. Lewandowski is also underrated.

  11. Ashley Williams = Underrated
    Jefferson Montero = Underrated
    Gylfi Sigurosson = Underrated

    In short; most of the Swansea side are just stupidly underrated, same with Southampton.
    frakkland likes this.

  12. Brilliant thread. Send these opinions to the 'editors'. While they're laughing, read the guidelines about changing attributes - that it needs backing up with proof.
    damola3 likes this.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by WJ View Post
    Brilliant thread. Send these opinions to the 'editors'. While they're laughing, read the guidelines about changing attributes - that it needs backing up with proof.
    What are you talking about? lol

    This is just a thread where we can talk about overrated/underrated players, not that we really expect a change, mostly just some opinions.. for fun

    Im an editor myself so I know the whole process
    Timmzeh likes this.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by WJ View Post
    Brilliant thread. Send these opinions to the 'editors'. While they're laughing, read the guidelines about changing attributes - that it needs backing up with proof.
    The FM database is so accurate, it's used by many professional scouting networks. Of all leagues in the world, I seriously doubt SI could screw up ratings for the Premier League. In my opinion, this is the most in depth and accurate database of all time. Youth and academy players are sooo much more accurate now.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by damola3 View Post
    The FM database is so accurate, it's used by many professional scouting networks. Of all leagues in the world, I seriously doubt SI could screw up ratings for the Premier League. In my opinion, this is the most in depth and accurate database of all time. Youth and academy players are sooo much more accurate now.

    Dude, SI dont even do the ratings


    The ratings are made by en expert who is doing it for free / volunteer work
    Im an expert myself for a team, I decided ratings and stats for all A team + youth players this year and the last

    And yes, you can never make it 100 %
    There are some really underrated, and overrated players in game. This is cause, every editor thinks differently

    For example, oscar in chelsea, hes defending grows to like 15 tackling, marking and positioning which is absolutley insanley wrong
    hes a workhorse and decent defensive player for being a CAM, but hes defensive stats can grow to the heights of a decent Centre back which is totally wrong
    Last edited by kallemannen; 30/10/2015 at 08:52 PM.

  16. 12 long shots is a little low for Coutinho I think

  17. Quote Originally Posted by WJ View Post
    Brilliant thread. Send these opinions to the 'editors'. While they're laughing, read the guidelines about changing attributes - that it needs backing up with proof.
    It's ludicrous to think any player is 100% spot on, nothing wrong with using the Database Editor to fuck up some insanely good player and improve other players. Have you seen Ashley Williams in real life? I would have him in my team over people like Phil Jones or Lovren any day.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by zJordan View Post
    It's ludicrous to think any player is 100% spot on, nothing wrong with using the Database Editor to fuck up some insanely good player and improve other players. Have you seen Ashley Williams in real life? I would have him in my team over people like Phil Jones or Lovren any day.
    I'm not saying it is. Researchers ('editors') need evidence when changes are being proposed and they'll then make the adjustments based on that. "Opinion" won't get you anywhere.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by WJ View Post
    I'm not saying it is. Researchers ('editors') need evidence when changes are being proposed and they'll then make the adjustments based on that. "Opinion" won't get you anywhere.
    Not exactly

    The team I edit, we have a facebook group and forum where we discuss these matter, we have votings and such
    Both opinions and stats/fact can be brought in. Football isnt all about stats or facts as you call it, far from it
    its acutal opinions of how good a player are and the different aspects of his game

    For example, a majority of the other editors thought that I put my teams main striker too high
    So we had a voting and lowered him a little bit

    Nevermind, this is not part of the disscussion anyway, since the purpose of the thread isnt really to inform editors, more just to discuss
    If someone is intrested they could just tell an editor like "hey dont u think aubameyang should be higher"
    Its his opinion in the end. Or the opinion of the German editors in this case for example could have a voting
    Last edited by kallemannen; 30/10/2015 at 09:29 PM.

  20. Updated OP


    The threads purpose is more to discuss a bit, for fun, and perhaps different editors from different teams might have a peak in here.
    FM Base is quite a popular forum, Im an editor myself, so lets just discuss some players here, also discuss teams, maybe some teams have their players put too high, the players might be really OP and the team hard to beat, these things

    Not a thread with a purpose of expecting the editors to change their views of their players

  21. Messi is also underrated.. should get all stats 20..

  22. Quote Originally Posted by WJ View Post
    I'm not saying it is. Researchers ('editors') need evidence when changes are being proposed and they'll then make the adjustments based on that. "Opinion" won't get you anywhere.
    Everything is an opinion when it comes to that database, except their opinion is perhaps more founded.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by KavadaKedavra View Post
    12 long shots is a little low for Coutinho I think
    12 long shots is probably about right. Yeah he scores worldy long range shots but he has about 8/9 shots before the wordly goes in.
    mersk likes this.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by LiamMagwood View Post
    12 long shots is probably about right. Yeah he scores worldy long range shots but he has about 8/9 shots before the wordly goes in.
    True but his shots are usually decent and produce saves from the keeper. He's definitely improved from early last season when he'd try a ridiculous amount of incredibly shit shots every match.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa View Post
    Nasri...
    Worth 41 millions. How is he always so overrated in every FM.
    That's value which is mainly based on ability reputation and previous transfer fee. He plays for a high reputation club and transferred for 25 million. He's also has had a decent reputation around Europe.

  26. Some of these stats are ludicrous. Sterling nerfed, Mahrez a worldclass winger, Oscar 13 in tackling, Delph buffed into the stratosphere, Salah buffed and now worth a fortune. Harry Kane 11 in dribbling? KdB still have poor mentals, with Douglas Costa having even worse ones?
    Muzstafa and Bujakaa like this.

  27. Kenedy from Chelsea is very underrated. He has very balanced stats, but is performing fantastic for me. Keeping Willian & Pedro on the bench atm.

    Games played: 13 (2)
    Goals: 4
    Assist: 8
    POM: 2
    Average Rating: 7.26

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
    Some of these stats are ludicrous. Sterling nerfed, Mahrez a worldclass winger, Oscar 13 in tackling, Delph buffed into the stratosphere, Salah buffed and now worth a fortune. Harry Kane 11 in dribbling? KdB still have poor mentals, with Douglas Costa having even worse ones?

    But he is....

  29. Wayne Rooney is overrated. He's currently the top scorer in my Man Utd save.

    Bollocks.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by c0nk3r View Post
    Wayne Rooney is overrated. He's currently the top scorer in my Man Utd save.

    Bollocks.
    He has been overrated in several past FM's now...
    PA11111 likes this.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
    Some of these stats are ludicrous. Sterling nerfed, Mahrez a worldclass winger, Oscar 13 in tackling, Delph buffed into the stratosphere, Salah buffed and now worth a fortune. Harry Kane 11 in dribbling? KdB still have poor mentals, with Douglas Costa having even worse ones?
    Oscar had 13 tackling last year if I remember correctly. I agree with Delph though, his mentals are stupid. What annoys me most about Douglas Costa is that they've nerfed the hell out of his long range shooting. He has a thunderbolt of a strike, yet has 13 long shots while CR7 has TWENTY! Joke. Agree on De Bruyne too. Best player in the Bundesliga last year and his stats have barely changed!
    Subtle likes this.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by ImAddicted View Post
    He has been overrated in several past FM's now...
    To be fair, he's slower and possess a poorer first touch than before. He has 16 finishing, which is pretty reasonable.

  33. I sure as hell hope that Falcao got nerfed in FM16.

  34. Most, almost all of these opinions are on top division teams/players. I have an opinion on players from the team I support.

    Southend United!

    First of all I may be a bit biased but I truly believe that Daniel Bentley has the potential to be a premier league keeper and possibly in a few years time be pushing for an England call up. Not sure on how he turns out in this years FM as I have only played 1 season so far but my scouts are saying potential to be a good championship keeper. Definitely needs a boost in all aspects of FM. The fact that there is interest in him IRL from QPR, Hull and reportedly 1 or 2 Premier League teams should boost my opinion.

    Next. Ben Coker, he is an absolute beast of a left back and could easily get in to many championship teams. He was in the league 2 team of the season last year but in FM he barely rates as a league 1 player and would only be an okay league 2 player. He should have better CA and seeing as he is improving with every game his PA should be reasonable too.

    Last of all Ryan Leonard. Quality player IRL, can play anywhere from RB to CAM. He could not only start for but easily captain any championship team and again is still improving with every game. He is only rated as a good player for league 2 teams and potential to be a good league 1 player according to my in game scouts. That should without a doubt be upgraded to at least a good player for league 1 teams and potential to be a leading player for championship teams.

    Of course I am yet to see how these players turn out in FM but this is currently my honest opinion.


  35. Quote Originally Posted by damola3 View Post
    To be fair, he's slower and possess a poorer first touch than before. He has 16 finishing, which is pretty reasonable.
    Rooney is the same as he always is, good all round but no 'stand out' stats that are incredibly high.

    He has 16's for most of his stats, which is about right really.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by damola3 View Post
    That's value which is mainly based on ability reputation and previous transfer fee. He plays for a high reputation club and transferred for 25 million. He's also has had a decent reputation around Europe.
    Most valuations seem high this year.

    Nasri is never, ever worth 41 million. You said yourself, he signed for 25 million. Has he proved enough at City to add 16 million on to his value? given that he barely plays for them.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by SteVieBizzLe View Post
    Most valuations seem high this year.

    Nasri is never, ever worth 41 million. You said yourself, he signed for 25 million. Has he proved enough at City to add 16 million on to his value? given that he barely plays for them.
    More money in football has meant inflated transfer values.

  38. Why THE HELL has Chelsea's entire squad not been nerfed yet?!

  39. Quote Originally Posted by zJordan View Post
    Ashley Williams = Underrated
    Jefferson Montero = Underrated
    Gylfi Sigurosson = Underrated

    In short; most of the Swansea side are just stupidly underrated, same with Southampton.
    I'd say the whole Icelandic national team is underrated.. playing next summer in the Euros and being 36th in the FIFA rankings but their players so underrated and just sink down the rankings with each year in the game.. and the youth rating at 67...

  40. I find that Diego Costa is overrated. He's got just crazy physical attributes.

  41. Biggest joke in the game is halilovic. Huge mistake on their part.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO