Like Tree31Likes

Which Team Should I Be
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

1. New Team to Start with!

Hi

I'm looking for a new team to be on FM 16, I have had a break from it for a while and now and raring to get back into a good long term save!

Criteria:

League: Germany, Italy, Spain, France
    Finances: Decent so I can build a good Squad
    Youth/Training: good youth and training

Basically I wanted a mid table team to be able to push them towards the top, like an Everton/Tottenham side that needs work to get to the top.

Any help with be great,

Thanks
    HomerPimpson likes this.

2. Hi Guys

Looking for something a bit ff the wall

League - Outside of Europe, South America, Asia, N America. Not top club, not necessarily top flight. Something with a strange league set up
    Finance - OK.
    Facilities - Good youth set up would be nice to have but not a must

Thanks

3. Hello!

Am looking for:

A fallen giant that has decent finances and youth/training facilities. Love playing in England but wouldn't mind a few options outside as well.

Any recommendations?
    frakkland and FrankFizzle like this.

4. db12's Avatar db12
    • Tom Tucker: A bit of breaking news. A local family is forced out of their home by ghosts. Who are they gonna call?
      Diane Simmons (sighs): Ghostbusters, Tom.
      Tom Tucker: No, Diane. Their insurance company. That's just stupid what you said.
      FAMILY GUY
    Rotation
    Quote Originally Posted by Milleg9 View Post
    Reading , Fulham , QPR , Hull , Portsmouth
    Some great shouts thanks man might give Hull or Fulham a go

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mozambique View Post
    Hello!

Am looking for:

A fallen giant that has decent finances and youth/training facilities. Love playing in England but wouldn't mind a few options outside as well.

Any recommendations?
    STEAU bucharest
    Red star
    Partizan
    Nottingham forrest
    Derby County

So many teams that had their moments in history, could also try one of the traditional big 3 of Netherlands, Ajax PSV Feyenoord, all have decent money and good youth

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mozambique View Post
    Hello!

Am looking for:

Any recommendations?
    How about Barnsley?

Currently in League One they have had a recent spell in the Premiership. Can't be sure on their financial situation, but they have a good stadium and a decent size fanbase which would increase if you were doing well each season.

7. Quote Originally Posted by db12 View Post
    Falling out of love with FM tried lots of saves including Liverpool, Ajax, AC Milan, Leicester, Stoke, Valencia and even Salford City so to fill in the criteria

The league you prefer : Any English league
    The finances : Comfortable to bring in young signings
    Facilities for training/youth : Maybe something with a good academy as a challenge

Basically looking for a good challenge and possibly to build some sort of legacy, I would like it challenging but achievable all suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance
    EVERTON All the way!(My favourite save on this FM so far and one of my favourites ever)

Fantastic facilities
    Decent finances(Very little loan debt in comparison to others)
    Great youth prospects and academy

SQUAD
    An excellent defence including Coleman, Stones, Baines and Jagielka
    McCarthy, Barkley, Deulofeu in midfield are players who have great Ability/Potential
    Lukaku up front can be a world-beater

Your main objective(Transfer-wise) in your first season should be to scout out a replacement for Tim Howard. Personally, I opted to stick with him for a season and put in a successful approach for Geronimo Ruli on a Free in January.

Baines, Coleman and Stones should do you in defence for 3 or 4 seasons.(Baines has incredible natural fitness and is still performing like a top4 full back at 33. Although I have him rotating with his long-term replacement Jorgé from Flamnego)

If you keep hold of those 3, it allows you fantastic scope transfer-wise ahead of them as there will always be a cohesive line in your team.

Youth prospects: Ledson(Performing consistently for me as a rotation player over the last couple of seasons, I play him in a Scholes type role - still only 20)
    Galloway(a perfect auxiliary defender who will provide cover at centre back and left full back)
    Holgate(another auxiliary defender who can play at centre back or right back)

Try and keep your finances tight and you can lead the club to success and riches all on your own. Over my first 3 seasons, I made 120m in profit from transfers, and easily have a much better team overall for it. Keep an eye out for decent youth, regens and players with great ability/potential at decent value. You may want to keep Deulofeu and McCarthy in your own save, but for me they were worth 40m from Dortmund and 30m from Bayern respectively. I also ended up selling Lukaku 2nd season for 50m when his ego got the better of him, but only after I had lined up Babacar, Milik and Embolo up front to replace him. A couple of loan moves(NOT TOO MANY) could be good for the squad in the 1st season.

Really recommend this save to any level of FM player!
    HomerPimpson likes this.

8. Nation: Europe but not BPL.
    Division: First division.
    European Competition: not important.
    Media Prediction: from 5th to 20th.
    Board Expectation(s): any.
    Transfer Budget: at least 3 million (also by selling players).
    Wage Budget: same as transfer.
    Finances: not important.
    Other: I'm looking for a really difficult challange where I can buy the three Al Ahly's bargains (Sobhy, Gamal and the WB/LM).

9. The league you prefer: Italy Seria C somewhere
    The finances: As decent as it gets
    Facilities for training/youth: Dont mind it beeing good

10. I am looking for a team/league with a proper reserve team, so i can send reserves and subs to gain match fitness. Im done with the Premier League.

11. I'm looking for a team, that'll allow me to use a possession based tactic. Finance wise, I would like some funds to play around with, or at least some players to sell, so that I can shape the team. Furthermore I'd like the club to have some good facilities, especially in the youth department.
    I'm not to bothered about country, league and estimated league position
    Thank you in advance

12. Quote Originally Posted by hansie95 View Post
    I'm looking for a team, that'll allow me to use a possession based tactic. Finance wise, I would like some funds to play around with, or at least some players to sell, so that I can shape the team. Furthermore I'd like the club to have some good facilities, especially in the youth department.
    I'm not to bothered about country, league and estimated league position
    Thank you in advance

I'd look at Southampton, they have about £11m to spend and a great youth setup as well as a team that can play possession football easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Quote Originally Posted by Colemeister116 View Post
    I'd look at Southampton, they have about £11m to spend and a great youth setup as well as a team that can play possession football easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seconded!
    Infamous Youth academy, decent finances and players like Mané, Tadic, Ward-Prowse(I prefer Ryan Ledson - Everton to him when he comes good) can go for big bucks.

14. Hello guys
    I need a team (preferably outside EPL) that has the potential to become a major force. Some good history title wise wouldn't hurt and the same goes for youth facilities.
    I'm not sure about teams like Schalke, Napoli, Sevilla and other as they are maybe a bit too strong.
    I want this to be a long term save.

15. Try RBL in German second division frakkland jus go on have a look. Set up to challenge at the top

16. Quote Originally Posted by Shorts1 View Post
    Try RBL in German second division frakkland jus go on have a look. Set up to challenge at the top
    Yeah I've thought about it but they don't really interest me being this new club with no history what so ever. Don't really like this idea of a club being created by a company and already this high in the German system.

17. Means u can make ur own history plus u get a really good platform to build from the start. Am in my second season with them, won the 2nd division easy and 6th in bundas halfway through the 2nd season. Starting to attract the bigger names now. The youth players r top notch aswell

18. A team that when you start a save have to be good for 4-4-2 and outside Italy

19. Schalke 04 is a club that have really good facilities and some wonderkids like Leroy Sane or Max Meyer and the board give you good transfer budget. They are a club with history and only expectation from you is qualify for European competitions. If you're looking for a team that not too strong or not too weak and working with youngsters, I recommend them highly.

20. I'm looking for a team which I can build up and call my own (eg Dortmund recently or what Alex Ferguson done at United), league does not matter, open to ideas, and also a team which has a major rival in the same city. Finances, youth facilities and training facilities I'm not really bothered about.

21. Quote Originally Posted by beakdog View Post
    I'm looking for a team which I can build up and call my own (eg Dortmund recently or what Alex Ferguson done at United), league does not matter, open to ideas, and also a team which has a major rival in the same city. Finances, youth facilities and training facilities I'm not really bothered about.
    Espanyol(Barca)
    Torino(Juve)
    Real Betis(Sevilla)
    Lazio(Roma)
    Panathinaikos(Olympiakos)
    Red Star Belgrade(Partizan Belgrade)
    Galatasaray or Fenerbahce

Plenty of fun choices i'd say
    HomerPimpson likes this.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Weldred View Post
    Espanyol(Barca)
    Torino(Juve)
    Real Betis(Sevilla)
    Lazio(Roma)
    Panathinaikos(Olympiakos)
    Red Star Belgrade(Partizan Belgrade)
    Galatasaray or Fenerbahce

Plenty of fun choices i'd say
    Thanks for the reply, think I'll either go with Espanyol or Real Betis!

23. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySams10 View Post
    I'm looking for a team that has been recently founded, but not in any of the top leagues in Europe. A side where I can build a legacy, from the team, stadium, training facilities, staff etc and become a legend in the country. So pretty much starting from nothing and preferably near the bottom.

The kind of team that you can instantly fall in love with, in a lesser known European country, that tempts you with the prospect of going out to watch them!

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

doesn't meet all your requirements, but look at RBL. Brand new club, second division in Germany, lots of money (since they're owned by red bull)
    Orient Legend likes this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Ride The Walrus View Post
    doesn't meet all your requirements, but look at RBL. Brand new club, second division in Germany, lots of money (since they're owned by red bull)
    Ideally don't want a team in any of the top well known divisions. Want to build and develop a new super club, but in a lesser know country. Thanks for the suggestion though. Thought I'd ask on here, as not on the game this weekend, so can't look myself.

If anyone does have any ideas let me know.

25. What countries do you consider lesser known?

26. Quote Originally Posted by beakdog View Post
    What countries do you consider lesser known?
    Not in the big European leagues or that have an established national team like, Portugal, Holland etc.

27. how about Queen's Park in Scottish third division?

They have amateur status but you can change that in the editor, otherwise all your good players would walk away for free when a club offers them a professional contract.

They play in 52,000 hampden park, although only get crowds of 500 at present and have state of the art training facilities.

They also play in the same city as Celtic & Rangers.

I'm playing with a Queen's Park save at the moment (although I have removed Celtic & Rangers to the English leagues). I'm sitting top of league 1 and hoping to get promoting to the second tier of Scottish football soon. I also got a crowd of 25,000 for a cup game against hibs, which shows that the fans will be there if I manage to get to the top division.

28. Spurs or West Ham and you reasons why? Thanks

29. The league you prefer - Top leagues of Europe
    The finances - doesnt matter
    Facilities for training/youth - doesnt matter

I'd like to start a new save where i'm gonna experiment with 3 defenders formation. Most likely it is gonna be a 3-5-2 with wide midfielders as workhorses. Do you guys know clubs that have suitable teams to play like that in the first season? Juve is suitable but they're too strong for me.

30. The league you prefer - Possibly not first division of Top Leagues (Serie A, Premier League, Liga), I'm ok with lower divisions or first divisions of less known countries (MLS, Belgium etc..)
    The finances - I'm ok with both good budget and not
    Facilities for training/youth - Possibly good

I'm looking for a beginner-friendly (started playing not so long ago) challenge with a lesser known team for a long career!
    thanks in advance

31. Quote Originally Posted by simon96c View Post
    The league you prefer - Possibly not first division of Top Leagues (Serie A, Premier League, Liga), I'm ok with lower divisions or first divisions of less known countries (MLS, Belgium etc..)
    The finances - I'm ok with both good budget and not
    Facilities for training/youth - Possibly good

I'm looking for a beginner-friendly (started playing not so long ago) challenge with a lesser known team for a long career!
    thanks in advance
    What about Fenerbahce? We have an amazing side and are ready to win the league. Ageing side that has a good group of 24-26 year olds. The foreign rules changed this year and is a lot more FM-friendly so you can sign up to 12 non-Turkish players from memory

Also Dutch 2nd division has some cool sides. My personal favourite is Sparta. Don't forget teams like Leverkeusen, Hamburg SV, Schalke and 1860 Munich as they're all super fun too for different reasons

32. League: Top of the nation in EU
    Finances: Decent I don't buy much young players so need some money
    Facilities: Okay or higher training facilities Good youth facilities isn't necessery

Mixture of veterans and youngters looking team average something like Arsenal have not too old not too young.

33. I am looking for a team that I'll be able to build a legacy.
    League: Not in the top 5 leagues and not in any English lower divisions.. I don't mind if it's outside Europe.
    Finances: Not necessarily a rich club, but at least stable financially (not insecure or in administration).
    Facilities: I don't care.
    The team should not be in the best of the division, except if they are in lower divisions.

34. Quote Originally Posted by dimau79 View Post
    I am looking for a team that I'll be able to build a legacy.
    League: Not in the top 5 leagues and not in any English lower divisions.. I don't mind if it's outside Europe.
    Finances: Not necessarily a rich club, but at least stable financially (not insecure or in administration).
    Facilities: I don't care.
    The team should not be in the best of the division, except if they are in lower divisions.
    RB Leipzig is something what most of the people try. But if you're interesting trying SJK from Finland. They're fuonded in 2008(I'm not 100% sure) they've money to Finnish team but they aren't rich. They're second best team after HJK. HJK is richest and biggest team in Finland. HJK has players like Taye Taiwo, Anthony Annan. I'm not sure are those two in FM database but I can give you upload link to finnish database uptade. You will get Finnish lower leagues and up to date squads.

35. Thanks but I found and started a save with Hacken, a mid-table Swedish team that has 21m club value which is the 2nd richest club after Malmo and predicted to finish 10th

36. People nothing else matters. I'm just looking for a club that can dominate domestically outside of England, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Russia, Belgium and Scotland

37. Quote Originally Posted by rickowens View Post
    People nothing else matters. I'm just looking for a club that can dominate domestically outside of England, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Russia, Belgium and Scotland
    FC København, FC Midtjylland or Malmo FF

38. Quote Originally Posted by hansie95 View Post
    FC København, FC Midtjylland or Malmo FF
    Thanks bro

39. Im looking for a club to start a long career with.
    Not a title contender.
    I prefer the serie A but other competitions are also good Not BPL

40. Hi all,
    I'm looking for a long career save with a fallen giant type club, preferably in Spain but I'm open to any ideas at the moment.. Thanks

41. Quote Originally Posted by Beef1987 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for a long career save with a fallen giant type club, preferably in Spain but I'm open to any ideas at the moment.. Thanks
    The obvious one would have to be Deportivo La Caruna, won the league in 2000, and are now in a pretty bad shape If you want to go outside of Spain, try Parma or Portsmouth

42. Quote Originally Posted by Vlietje View Post
    Im looking for a club to start a long career with.
    Not a title contender.
    I prefer the serie A but other competitions are also good Not BPL
    Maybe try Carpi, think they're predicted to finish 20th With some loan players you should be able to survive, and stay up

43. Club needed for a long-term-ish save.

Here's what I prefer:

- A club in the highest league of the big competitions (Serie A, Liga BBVA, Bundesliga, France, England.)
    - A club that has quite some talented players to develop, but are also being targeted by top clubs in Europe, giving me an extra challenge of keeping them with me. (THink of players like Harry Kane of Spurs, Felipe Anderson of Lazio, etc.)
    - A club that has quite some budget to invest with. Doesn't necessarily have to be big numbers like Arsenal, but something that you can buy a couple of players with would be nice.
    - A club that hasn't really won any trophies recently, that has 'fallen' through out the years or is just underneath the top clubs in the division. (Man U, Arsenal, Lazio, Schalke, Atletico, Inter, Milan, clubs like that.)

For the further rest, I'm basically asking for your help. (Even though this probably narrows the options down to only a small selection of clubs.)

If you have any other suggestions that don't fall into the preferences, then I'd love to hear those to.

Hope you guys are willing to help someone out here.

44. Lyon / Roma / PSV / Schalke / Lille

45. Everton / Villa / Newcastle for PL

Not massive amounts when it comes to the transfer kitty criteria, but definitely have a number of kids worth looking at and arent usually considered top clubs or favorites for trophies. Decent teams to do an academy challenge with.

46. I think Athletic Bilbao is the best choice - no transfers at all and in the 3rd season i had the whole start 11 born in the city of Bilbao. That was amazing

47. I agree with all of the teams mentioned already. Other potential candidates could be Southampton, Leverkusen, Lazio or maybe even Tottenham?

48. Hi all.

- I'm looking team what is predicted to be in mid-table.
    - I prefer top-5 leagues but I don't care if that team all somewhere else.
    - Don't need to be big budget just couple players in the team if that is needed
    - I don't care much about facilities(you can always upgrade them)
    - And if possible mixture youth and veterans.

ps. I was some strange reason ignored last time I asked so it would be nice if you try help me this time!

49. Quote Originally Posted by Nnicod55 View Post
    Hi all.

- I'm looking team what is predicted to be in mid-table.
    - I prefer top-5 leagues but I don't care if that team all somewhere else.
    - Don't need to be big budget just couple players in the team if that is needed
    - I don't care much about facilities(you can always upgrade them)
    - And if possible mixture youth and veterans.

ps. I was some strange reason ignored last time I asked so it would be nice if you try help me this time!
    Stoke City, Sassuolo, Real Sociedad
    Nnicod55 likes this.

50. Trying to decide which team to go for next. Preferably a league 1/2 team with some decent prospects which premier league sides are going to be after after a few seasons. Like sheff utd but someone else. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO