Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Dannybell2011
  • 1 Post By Medmax
  • 1 Post By wkdsoul
  • 1 Post By Average Joe
  • 1 Post By Medmax
  • 1 Post By wkdsoul

Striker PPMs

  1. Striker PPMs

    Just wondering which PPMs seem to be successful for strikers.

    I have an all round unreal regen who is AMC / Striker, I use him as a complete forward. He has no PPMs. He scores a lot but not as many as I think he should for his attributes (I'm talking 27 in 32 though so he's still great!)

    I have another striker with the beats offside, rounds keeper PPMs and another I can't think of. He is also really good but doesn't have as good of attributes as my first guy, yet scores over a goal a game.

    Anyone notice that some PPMs have improves their strikers play?

  2. Roles & Duties | Football Manager 2016 Guide

    maybe that might be soom use to you
    Average Joe likes this.

  3. I like to train my strikers with "Shots With Power" PPM because it look like this PPM makes them score more

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo85 View Post
    I like to train my strikers with "Shots With Power" PPM because it look like this PPM makes them score more
    And I like them to place shots in the corner... Some times they hit ball with too much power and that is then missed opportunity to score..

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo85 View Post
    I like to train my strikers with "Shots With Power" PPM because it look like this PPM makes them score more
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnicod55 View Post
    And I like them to place shots in the corner... Some times they hit ball with too much power and that is then missed opportunity to score..
    No offense, and everybody is free to play the way he wants but it doesn't really work that way, at least if you want to be efficient...

    What's the player's attributes in finishing, composure, technique, decision, strength...?

    Would you ask to players like Lukaku or Diego Costa to "place shots"?
    Would you ask to players like Neymar or Hazard to "shot with power"?

    The same way, you can't ask a player to drop deep if he likes to beat the offside trap and has a great acceleration, off the ball, composure, finishing, and a poor vision, passing or teamwork to play with his mates... You could, but the player would be wasted if you get my point.

    You really have to adapt according to the attributes and style of the player you have.
    HomerPimpson likes this.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Medmax View Post
    You really have to adapt according to the attributes and style of the player you have.
    Totally agree mate!

    Thing is, my best player is an AMC by default but has trained as an amazing complete forward. It's just so hard to pick where to play him as he is high in so many things.

    Then there is my 'proper' striker, with slightly better finishing but generally lower attributes all round, who seems to score more regularly.

    I was just wondering if anyone had noticed PPMs of their best strikers making an actual difference for goal ratios

  7. I prefer to have "Shots With Power" PPM over "Place Shots" because I think that with "Shots With Power" strikers score more

  8. I think you can't just say that "Shots With Power" is better than "Place Shots" because it depends on the attributes of your striker.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Radiancer View Post
    I think you can't just say that "Shots With Power" is better than "Place Shots" because it depends on the attributes of your striker.
    Correct, they are both heavily effected by the composure and technique stats.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Hellicoum View Post
    I prefer to have "Shots With Power" PPM over "Place Shots" because I think that with "Shots With Power" strikers score more
    Would you still ask your player to "Shoot with power" if he has 8 in strength? But 17 in technique?

    Maybe you are saying you prefer "shot with power" as a general rule, and in this case you mean you'll SELL the Neymar, Gameiro, Rossi type of striker of your squad to BUY the Lukaku or Diego Costa type? No problem, but I can guarantee that with the right attributes and role for your striker, "place shot" is deadly too and as efficient as "shot with power" (when it's appropriate).

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Medmax View Post
    Would you still ask your player to "Shoot with power" if he has 8 in strength? But 17 in technique?

    Maybe you are saying you prefer "shot with power" as a general rule, and in this case you mean you'll SELL the Neymar, Gameiro, Rossi type of striker of your squad to BUY the Lukaku or Diego Costa type? No problem, but I can guarantee that with the right attributes and role for your striker, "place shot" is deadly too and as efficient as "shot with power" (when it's appropriate).
    The strength attribute is only for upper body, making tackles etc. Shielding the ball, it has no effect on shot power in the game

  12. I also think that the strength attribute has no effect on shot power in the game and the long shot attributes is taken into account when it comes to shot power

  13. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    The strength attribute is only for upper body, making tackles etc. Shielding the ball, it has no effect on shot power in the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless99 View Post
    I also think that the strength attribute has no effect on shot power in the game and the long shot attributes is taken into account when it comes to shot power
    Do you actually tell that as a FACT (based on relevant SI information) or is this an opinion?

    I always believed Strength was taken into account when choosing your player to shoot with power (PPM), so I can't really argue about this point as it is based on a belief but I'll be happy to get to know more if you have informations about it.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Medmax View Post
    Do you actually tell that as a FACT (based on relevant SI information) or is this an opinion?

    I always believed Strength was taken into account when choosing your player to shoot with power (PPM), so I can't really argue about this point as it is based on a belief but I'll be happy to get to know more if you have informations about it.
    I believe wkd is correct, strength is more for jostling for the ball and things.

    It's like heading, you could have a player with 20 heading but if he doesn't have good strength and jumping reach he won't win a lot. Luckily I have a 6 foot 6 defender with 20 strength, 18 heading and 19 jumping reach. He doesn't lose in the air much!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Medmax View Post
    Do you actually tell that as a FACT (based on relevant SI information) or is this an opinion?

    I always believed Strength was taken into account when choosing your player to shoot with power (PPM), so I can't really argue about this point as it is based on a belief but I'll be happy to get to know more if you have informations about it.
    Yeah, i double checked on SI before I posted as im sure i was right but didnt want 2 get it wrong lol.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Yeah, i double checked on SI before I posted as im sure i was right but didnt want 2 get it wrong lol.
    Ok, on SI as a fact? I mean, I found heaps of debate talking about it, but it's more people giving their own opinion.

    Actually, CLEON tends to share my belief...

    https://sisportscentre.com/utilising...eferred-moves/

    The relevant points for this thread are :
    26) Place shots
    39) Shoot with power

  17. Shoots With Power versus Places Shots

    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7742970

    http://www.guidetofootballmanager.co...yer-attributes

    http://www.guidetofootballmanager.co...referred-moves

    Meh, i read it in there and a few other threads. Non of the mods in the thread corrected him so i took it as true.

    I'm mistaken, cheers dude.

    Strength in the manual definitiion - A player's strength is his ability to exert his physical force on an opponent to his benefit. A player with a high strength rating will be able to use it to his advantage against weaker opponents.
    Last edited by wkdsoul; 06/05/2016 at 03:20 PM.
    Medmax likes this.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    It's like heading, you could have a player with 20 heading but if he doesn't have good strength and jumping reach he won't win a lot. Luckily I have a 6 foot 6 defender with 20 strength, 18 heading and 19 jumping reach. He doesn't lose in the air much!
    Yes I know, you're totally right about that.

    Abouth the strength part:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless99 View Post
    I also think that the strength attribute has no effect on shot power in the game and the long shot attributes is taken into account when it comes to shot power
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    I believe wkd is correct, strength is more for jostling for the ball and things.
    I'm happy to hear about people's opinion, but it doesn't look like it's sure as a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    The strength attribute is only for upper body, making tackles etc. Shielding the ball, it has no effect on shot power in the game
    WK seems to be confident about it, that's why I ask again. For me, it sounds obvious that strength plays a part on "shoot with power" success, but again I don't know it as a fact and Ill be happy to change my belief based on an official information.

  19. Seems strange that 'shoots with power' would require vision.

    I suppose you need to know when to take a shot and when not to but I usually think about creative passing and things when i think of vision.

    Decisions maybe but less so vision for shooting with power

  20. If I'm thinking of real life, I'm Alan Shearer back in the day could belt a ball a lot harder and more accurately than Geoff Capes haha.

    For me, I'd say shooting with power would be Technique, Finishing and Composure mainly, with Decisions and maybe Long shots backing those main ones up.


  21. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Haha, keep us updated (I don't use that website lol)
    wkdsoul likes this.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Meh, i read it in there and a few other threads. Non of the mods in the thread corrected him so i took it as true.

    I'm mistaken, cheers dude.
    All goo bro, I read these as well but there were no facts, so I sticked which what sounded obvious according to me.

    (By the way, I read your post 17 AFTER I post mine on the post 18. I wouldn't have written it if I read your post 17 before, to stop any confusion...).

    Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Strength in the manual definitiion - A player's strength is his ability to exert his physical force on an opponent to his benefit. A player with a high strength rating will be able to use it to his advantage against weaker opponents.
    Thanks for the info
    Last edited by Medmax; 06/05/2016 at 03:37 PM.
    wkdsoul likes this.

  23. No worries, dude i'll see if the question gets another guess or a mod confirmation.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Hahaha, I've seen your new thread on SI forum. Hopefully, cleon could clear this out

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Medmax View Post
    Hahaha, I've seen your new thread on SI forum. Hopefully, cleon could clear this out

    So far so good, the MOD doesnt know... lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hook View Post
    There is contradicting info and I don't have a firm answer for you at the moment, except to say I have seen low strength players develop the PPM. Hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in, but if not, I'll try to find out.
    Average Joe likes this.

  26. Does the mod on here Dunc still come on? He worked on FM at one point or possibly still does....

    I did ask my coach recently (while thinking strength doesn't contribute lol) to train one of my strikers to shoot with power, he said "I don't see this player being capable" I told him to do it anyway.

    I trained my right back to develop weaker foot and coach said that wouldn't work but it went perfectly. Hopefully this works out the same

  27. Hilarious!!!

    Anyway, this has been an ongoing debate in the FM serie...

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Does the mod on here Dunc still come on? He worked on FM at one point or possibly still does....

    I did ask my coach recently (while thinking strength doesn't contribute lol) to train one of my strikers to shoot with power, he said "I don't see this player being capable" I told him to do it anyway.

    I trained my right back to develop weaker foot and coach said that wouldn't work but it went perfectly. Hopefully this works out the same
    I've seen players with strength at 8 have the PPM

  29. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    I've seen players with strength at 8 have the PPM
    Yeah but if strength does affect it, that guy is going to be shite haha.

    I've seen defenders with 6 dribbling 'runs with ball often' lol

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Does the mod on here Dunc still come on? He worked on FM at one point or possibly still does....

    I did ask my coach recently (while thinking strength doesn't contribute lol) to train one of my strikers to shoot with power, he said "I don't see this player being capable" I told him to do it anyway.

    I trained my right back to develop weaker foot and coach said that wouldn't work but it went perfectly. Hopefully this works out the same
    Again, just an opinion here, there's 2 types of PPM:

    A) The one the player CAN or CAN NOT learn:

    The player needs the right attributes to learn a PPM. If the player is uncapable of learning it, he simply can't and won't, we agree on that, right?

    Example:

    - Long flat throw:
    a right back with 6 on "long throw" can't learn it
    - Tight marking: the defender with 8 on "marking" can't learn it

    B) The one the player SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T learn:

    Meaning, is this relevant for this player to learn this PPM?

    Example:

    - Looks for pass rather than attempting to score:

    A player with a high finishing, composure, technique... still CAN learn it, but is it relevant to teach him this ppm knowing he'll waste some chances by passing instead of shooting?

    - Plays no through ball or play short simple passes:
    This is usually used for your less skilled players (poor passing, vision, technique...) like a defending midfielder. You don't want him to attempt long passes even if he sees a space (vision, decision) knowing he doesn't have the skill to attempt successfully the pass. You try to refrain his creativity.

    On the other hand, a player with high attributes in passing, decision, technique, first touch... still can learn to play simple pass as well, but would he not be wasted too? (Unless you play a possession type of football and your tactic is adapted to it).

    Anyway, my point is I believe Shoot with power is in the second category.
    2 players A and B with the exact same attributes in long shot, technique, composure, but A with high strength attribute, and B with a poor one, both can learn the ppm.

    They both shoot on target from outside the box, same position, same chance, same opposite GK... Do they both have the same probability to score?

    I tend to believe the player A with the highest strength attibute will have a higher chance to convert his shot into a goal.
    Last edited by Medmax; 06/05/2016 at 04:52 PM.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Players can have any PPM regardless of their attributes. However for this PPM to be really successful and useful then ofc the player needs a decent strength rating to profit from it. But to learn it, he doesn't need high attribute.
    He has spoken!!

  32. Hahaha, no more arguing about it, we have our answer.

    Topic closed, lol...

  33. Dunno who the hell Cleon is but fair enough haha.

    All my strikers have 17+ in strength anyway so I'm sound either way lol

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Dunno who the hell Cleon is but fair enough haha.

    All my strikers have 17+ in strength anyway so I'm sound either way lol
    He's someone who knows the ME and Training modules inside-out. Mod on SI.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO