Like Tree45Likes

Brighton and Hove Albion
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

1. Brighton and Hove Albion

Oh it's that time of year again! and for people that followed me on the Football Manager 2015 section will not be surprised that my first game is with the club I support, the area I was born in and could never see myself supporting anyone else.....Here is my adventure with Brighton and Hove Albion.
    iamauser likes this.

2. Squad Overview

I have a great squad here for me to manage this season with some quality in the first team and some very exciting talents in the future, I feel this club has a bases on to finally get to the Premiership and to get settled there for the future and I will now talk about each area on the pitch.

Goalkeepers

David Stockdale + Niki Maenpaa + Christian Walton
    I will not be looking to change my goalkeepers really for the first couple of seasons as I feel theses 3 can take us forward into the next level, Stockdale and Maenappa will be swapping regularly with each other with Walton being the Cup goalkeeper for this season but Walton I view as my long term Number One so as the next couple seasons go on.

Defenders

Bruno + Inigo Calderon + Uwe Hunemeier + Connor Goldson + Lewis Dunk + Gordon Greer + Gaetan Bong + Liam Rosenior
    I am delighted with the defence I have this season, A nice mixture of young and experienced players but I will be looking at talent as the season goes on to strengthening the team next season as some of the experienced players may leave.

Midfielders

Beram Kayal + Dale Stephens + Rohan Ince + Andrew Crofts + Jake Forster-Caskey + Danny Holla + Solly March + Elvis Manu + Jamie Murphy + Kazenga LuaLua
    I also have a great midfield to choose from, I may look to sell Danny Holla as he really going to struggle getting game time here but the places are up for grabs.

Strikers

Tomer Hemed + Sam Baldock + Bobby Zamora + Jack Harper + Vahid Hambo
    I have a great line up of strikers this season including the legend that is Bobby Zamora, he know's exactly how the tough times where and now hopefully he can help mentor the other lads to help bring their games up, Harper and Hambo can have the potential to be a great striking partnership in the future.

Transfers
    Incomings: I will most likely look at bringing in another Left Back as feel that is the strongest area we need to strengthen, I may also look at the possibility of another winger and a striker but a Left back to really fight with Gaetan for the spot is what I need.
    Outgoings: Having reviewed the squad I have put Danny Holla on the Transfer List, He was not going to really feature so hopefully can make a little bit of money.
    Mahoney85 and kolas79 like this.

3. Looking forward to this one mate. Good luck
    SamPeters likes this.

4. The First Axe!

Brighton and Hove Albion have today confirmed the departure of Dutch midfielder Danny Holla as he will be going back to Holland to join Sc Heerenveen after only a year in England for a fee of £650,000

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters: "I felt it would be best for all parties to let Danny seek first team football away from the club, he left on good terms here because I was open and honest with him so I was glad to see we had that understanding."

Departing Midfielder Danny Holla: "I want to thank Brighton for my year here at the club, I enjoyed every minute of it and I will be rooting for you all the way to finally make it to the Premiership!"
    kolas79 likes this.

5. As one leaves, One arrives!

Brighton and Hove Albion have today confirmed the signing of England Under 21 International Left Back Matt Targett from Southampton for a fee of £6 Million

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters comments: "I am shocked we manged to bring Matt in but he will provide great competition with Gaetan and can be a major player for us for many years to come."

New Brighton and Hove Albion Left Back Matt Targett comments on the move: "I realised my time getting first team football may be limited at Southampton and when the opportunity came up here at Brighton, I jumped at the chance as I have been excited about the way they play and everything off the pitch is ready for the Premiership and I will be hoping we can make it."
    Last edited by SamPeters; 18/11/2015 at 11:33 AM.
    Mahoney85, Sam91 and kolas79 like this.

6. Let's go Seagulls!!! A Greek fan who actually supports the team along with liverpool.

Good luck, you're going to need it!
    SamPeters likes this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mahoney85 View Post
    Let's go Seagulls!!! A Greek fan who actually supports the team along with liverpool.

Good luck, you're going to need it!
    You must of loved the fact of Teixiera at Brighton last season then lol, cheers yeah its going to be tough but I feel Play Offs can at least be the target

8. Young Scot heads south

19 year old Scottish Midfielder Ross Matthews has moved from Raith Rovers down south to Brighton and Hove Albion for a fee of £97,000

Brighton and Hove Albion manager Samuel Peters: Ross has a very bright future ahead of him, He will go into the developmental squad first to see how he progresses."

New Brighton and Hove Albion Midfielder Ross Matthews: "I am delighted to be joining Brighton, I spoke with Jack Harper beforehand as we get on well and told me how nice is down here."
    Sam91, kolas79 and PatrickLFC like this.

9. Another Scot on the Seaside

Brighton and Hove Albion have today confirmed the signing of Scotland Under 21 International Striker Jason Cummings from Hibernian for a fee of £145,000.

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters comments on the new arrival: "I am delighted to bring Jason down here, I feel he has a great future and at the age of 19 he has every chance to go on and be one the best."

New Brighton and Hove Albion striker Jason Cummings comments on the move to Brighton: "I am delighted to come to a great club like Brighton, with Ross Matthews moving here a couple of days back and like himself I also gave a couple of the Scottish lads (Gordon Greer, Jamie Murphy, Jack Harper) a call and asked for their advice and once I had spoken to them, I did not hesitate for a second and the Manager really believes in my abilities and I believe can guide me a long way."
    Last edited by SamPeters; 20/11/2015 at 12:02 AM.
    kolas79 likes this.

10. Has Greer asked to leave yet? I couldn't get him to stay for love nor money in the two beta careers I started with the Albion as he "wanted a new challenge". His physical and technical stats would have been replaceable had he not decided to do it when I'd blown my transfer wad elsewhere, but his leadership abilities are pretty hard to come by. Tried bringing in Richard Dunne on a free but he seemed to make a horrendous gaffe in every game he played.

Those saves have now been well and truly abandoned but I shall follow yours and hope it inspires me to try again with the Albion.
    SamPeters likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast