Like Tree311Likes

FM Base Internationals - Results Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1. Good to see a few results popping up, hopefully see a few more by the end of today.

2. Davey Jones and I played last night. I'm going to do the report today
    Last edited by Matt419; 31/01/2016 at 02:26 PM.
    Godfish93 likes this.

3. Any captains that haven't sent their RII picks and numbers, can they do so ASAP. Need them in so I can get RII's fixtures up. Will be contacting someone later today/tomorrow about the matchups.

4. England Beat Scotland

In the second game of the England vs Scotland series, it's England that manage to come away with the win in what was very much a game of two halves.

FM Base Internationals - Results Thread-image.jpg

The he game started off absolutely disastrously for England when, almost straight from kickoff, Scotland got a penalty which Vidal quickly converted. Douglas Costa got a goal back for England fifteen minutes later, but Arda Turan put Scotland back in front around the half hour mark. However, five minutes before half time, Ter Stegen made a good save from a free kick, but the ball dropped to Kovacic to make it 2-2. I honestly don't know how it was 2-2 at half time. Scotland were by far the better team in the first half and deserved to be ahead.

The first ten minutes of the second half were honestly very boring, but the game came alive in the 58th minute and for the next 20 minutes England completely dominated. First Douglas Costa bagged his second goal of the game through some great footwork, then ten minutes later Diego Godin headed in from a De Bruyne corner. Then De Bruyne (who I had been thinking of taking off) sunk Scotland completely with a great strike from the edge of the box, making it 5-2 England.

Scotland did get a goal back in the 75th minute through Riyad Mahrez (who really impressed after coming on for an injured Gotze in the first half) to make it 5-3. Scotland had a couple of good chances in the last fifteen minutes from then, but ultimately they couldn't convert any chances into the back of the net.

Final score, ENGLAND 5-3 SCOTLAND.

Lippo255, Znik, Godfish93 and 4 others like this.

5. Well... England and Scotland aren't doing dull games!
    Davey Jones likes this.

6. 18 goals in 2 games.......
    Davey Jones likes this.

7. Maximus has been away since yesterday and I don't know how long he will be gone; thoughts on how we should play this game?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mkmillwall View Post
    Maximus has been away since yesterday and I don't know how long he will be gone; thoughts on how we should play this game?
    We still have a few outstanding ones, so if we look to clear the games by Wednesday, that should be fine. If any games are left outstanding on Thursday, then they'll be classified as 0-0s

9. I PM'd C0y0te a few days back but still no reply; l'ast activity 1 week ago' :/

10. Quote Originally Posted by Disclaimer89 View Post
    I PM'd C0y0te a few days back but still no reply; l'ast activity 1 week ago' :/
    I PM'd him 2 days back as well, to try to see if he's had any luck making contact. No response yet though, maybe the Scandinavians need to look for a backup member!
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    I PM'd him 2 days back as well, to try to see if he's had any luck making contact. No response yet though, maybe the Scandinavians need to look for a backup member!
    Shoot Pat a pm. I know at one stage he was considering joining you guys. Be warned though, i will be calling him a traitor & such throughout
    Znik, Meehar, Godfish93 and 1 others like this.

12. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 103
Size:  20.3 KB

A drab affair was played out in this FM-Base International match with Brendn's Ireland side snatching the
    winner just before injury time. A draw was probably a fair result as both teams defending well; both
    goalkeepers making vital saves. Still, a massive 3 points from the boys in green as we lost our opening
    against the Scandinavian side.

Stats

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 121
Size:  905.5 KB

13. Great game, but poor finishing all around. Dissapointed to see Messi and Ronaldo perform so poorly
    Brendn likes this.

14. As it stands, Ireland/Scandinavia goes to the decider, whilst Scotland need to beat England in the last match to claim a point. All to play for for Aus/USA.

15. Well done Brendn. Great job!

16. USA level tie vs Australia
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-31_00001.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	1016808

In what was a great end to end game the US levelled the tie against Australia.

Aubameyang got the US ahead after 12 minutes Reus found Lukaku open out wide and he crossed in for Aubameyang to head past Ryan in the Australian goal.

Ozil doubled the lead after 19 minutes, a Reus cross missed his target but, Hulk at the back post passed to Ozil and he had a tap in at the back post and made no mistake.

Suarez pulled a goal back after 27, Costa crossed to him at the back post and he volleyed past Lloris who had no chance.

Hulk scored after 41 minutes to put us two goals ahead going into half time. After a great tackle stopped Suarez getting in on goal we quickly countered, Lukaku passed up to Reus out wide and he cut a pass back for Hulk to volley in from 12 yards out.

USA 3-1 Australia HT

Reus got us three goals ahead after 53 minutes, from a cross that smacked on the bar we quickly countered Lukaku slipped in Reus and he rifled a low shot in past Ryan.

Sanchez pulled a goal back after 67 minutes Hazard whipped in a good cross and Sanchez was unmarked to tap in at the back post.

Pogba made it a 1 goal game after 81 minutes, Hazard floated in a cross and Pogba rose highest to head past Lloris and in.

Lukaku esnured that the USa levelled the series with a 90th minute goal,he took in an Ozil pass on the edge of the box beat Cheillini and the fired past Ryan to round of a great game by him

USA 5-3 Australia

Thanks, to Yeti for what was a great game that was fun to watch and played in good spirits
    Lippo255, Znik, Meehar and 5 others like this.

17. theJoshster is currently showing as AWOL for the last week, so should it be necessary, I'll step into the void created provided everyone is fine with that. Same applies for Scandanavia and c0y0te/Pat should that happen.
    Lippo255 likes this.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Godfish93 View Post
    theJoshster is currently showing as AWOL for the last week, so should it be necessary, I'll step into the void created provided everyone is fine with that. Same applies for Scandanavia and c0y0te/Pat should that happen.
    I think that's fine, we all have to be flexible if this is going to work.
    Godfish93 likes this.

19. Let's go USA! hoping to catch Maximus this week!
    Godfish93 likes this.

20. Weiry may be able to play if Maximus is away as well, I'll PM both guys & see where we stand.
    Godfish93 likes this.

21. The only team with a guaranteed point as it stands is England, so it's all to play for in the last 3. Grianaig, PM me when you are about next, and we'll settle our tie.
    Lippo255 likes this.

22. Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskill View Post
    [U][B]

USA 5-3 Australia

Thanks, to Yeti for what was a great game that was fun to watch and played in good spirits
    Thanks for the game Ninja and putting up with my connectivity issues over the past few days!!
    Lippo255, Meehar and ninjaskill like this.

23. PatrickLFC has been confirmed as honorary Scandinavian. He'll step in to play Disclaimer!
    Disclaimer89 and PatrickLFC like this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    PatrickLFC has been confirmed as honorary Scandinavian. He'll step in to play Disclaimer!
    That's great news

I'm usually only free at the weekend but I'll try and free myself up from work for a game tomorrow evening (uk time). I'll PM @Pat and we can discuss a time.

25. I have still not heard back from Maximus so I am going to give Weiry the go ahead to beat MK & seal the tie for the Aussies.

P.S. You suck Patrick!
    Meehar, Mkmillwall and PatrickLFC like this.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    P.S. You suck Patrick!
    That's a little hurtful, don't you think?
    Lippo255 likes this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    That's a little hurtful, don't you think?
    You wont know what hurt is until i whip you next round when the Aussies face the Scandinavians!
    PatrickLFC likes this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    You wont know what hurt is until i whip you next round when the Aussies face the Scandinavians!
    Yea can't wait to play Weiry although question: is it possible to postpone til this weekend? That is when we are both truly free tbh..

29. Godfish

Your pm box is full

30. Quote Originally Posted by grianaig View Post
    Godfish

Your pm box is full
    My bad. Will be around Thursday all day if you want to get the game done then.

Round 1 to end Saturday. RII to start on Sunday, and run for a week, otherwise we'll get massively behind.

31. Currently waiting on Ireland/USA's matchups. Once I have those, RII's fixtures can go up.
    Lippo255 likes this.

32. Weiry and I are going to be playing Friday night eastern time saturday afternoon in australia; that will count towards round 1
    Lippo255 and Godfish93 like this.

33. For the record, I don't mind which Irishman supplies the number, so long as I have them by close tonight. Mine will be cc'd to Lippo before I get the numbers that match up.
    Lippo255 likes this.

34. Has anyone heard from c0y0te or theJoshster before we start RII?

Also Znik, PM's need clearing
    Last edited by Godfish93; 04/02/2016 at 08:57 PM.

35. Round 2 fixtures are on the first page, to begin Sunday.

36. Hmm, a rematch against DC eh? Hope it goes better than the WC game went
    Disclaimer89 and Godfish93 like this.

37. Just the small task of beating the 2015 world cup winner then, piece of cake!
    Znik likes this.

38. Quote Originally Posted by AW190 View Post
    Hmm, a rematch against DC eh? Hope it goes better than the WC game went
    Really looking forward to this, as always I'm expecting a tough game. Your tactics are second to none!
    AW190 likes this.

39. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    Just the small task of beating the 2015 world cup winner then, piece of cake!
    I think this is going to be the game of the round, don't let me down guys!
    Lippo255 likes this.

40. The Fish in round two... Game on

41. Meanwhile, it's the battle of the two water loving animals for me!
    Lippo255 and The Otter like this.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    Just the small task of beating the 2015 world cup winner then, piece of cake!
    I fear the might of Matt Ryan might be too much for Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan!
    Lippo255 likes this.

43. Quote Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    I fear the might of Matt Ryan might be too much for Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan!
    Dont forget the goal scoring prowess of Matt Leckie at the other end either. You're really up against it mate!

44. Quote Originally Posted by Godfish93 View Post
    Meanwhile, it's the battle of the two water loving animals for me!
    Who will be crown King of the river...

I'm hoping to build a dam to stop the 'flow' of the attacks... Too much?
    Godfish93 and ninjaskill like this.

45. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfish93 View Post

Ireland vs England

Brendn vs Matt419

Round times: 7/2/16- 13/2/16 inclusive

The last time i played Matt I lost 7-0.... This will be fun when I get around to it
    Disclaimer89 and Godfish93 like this.

46. R1: Australia v USA

What a game this was! To decide the series between Australia and The US of A.

The matched kicked off and the first highlight we saw was a free kick to the Aussies. Eden Hazard whipped the free kick into the box. The ball bounced past everybody and found Luis Suarez who slotted it in comfortably.

Australia 1 - USA 0

The US soon equalized in the 14th minute with Marco Reus easily beating a few Australian defenders and slotting it home.

Australia 1 - USA 1

In the 34th minute the Aussies had a golden opportunity to go ahead after some fine play which saw Eden Hazard taken out in the box by Daley Blind. I was so sure that Hazard would convert that I was already planning on changing my tactics to defensive to close out the half. But, boy was I wrong Hazard stepped up to take the penalty a well struck penalty but shot right into The Americans Goalkeeper in Hugo Lloris.

The Americans then found themselves ahead at the break after Homegrown Midfielder Michael Bradley buried one from top of the box. A sensational strike and would say "Made the Manager's Team Talk and Halftime much harder"

Half Time: Australia 1 - USA 2

In the second half both sides came out eager to score and for the Aussies they did just that. Eden Hazard made up for the missed penalty slotting it in after a Paul Pogba through ball.

Australia 2 - USA 2

The rest of the match was a cracker with both sides looking to find that one goal. Each side had their chances but were unable to convert (Including substitute Alvaro Morata scoring but being later ruled offside)

Full Time: Australia 2 - USA 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	ausvusa.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	1018409

Big thanks to Mkmillwall it was a cracking match and a pleasure to play you. I feel that the result was the right one and nothing could separate the two sides. (Ignore the logos they're for my custom database must've carried over lol)
    Lippo255, Znik, Meehar and 7 others like this.

47. Cracking match guys !
    Mkmillwall and Weiry1 like this.

48. Name:  51q6gR48TKL._SY300_.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  18.8 KB Vs Name:  sports_scotland-football-badge.png
Views: 88
Size:  94.6 KB

Auld Enemies

The Auld Enemies face off once more as England played Scotland in the Ullevaal Stadion in Oslo, Norway. It was England that held a slim advantage going into
    the FM Base International Series (Round One) fixture with Game 1 between AW190 and EoinMcG ending in a spectacular 4-4 draw and then Game 2 between Matt419 and DaveyJones threw up another 8 goal thriller but this time England took the spoils in a 5-3 victory.

In the third and final game of this Round One Series it was Godfish93 against Grianaig.

Kick-off
    England 0-0 Scotland

Both teams kicked off with what looked like the same formation and both looking for a win. And the first action of note occured in the 17th minute when the Scotland centre-half Sergio Ramos picked up an early yellow card. But the deadlock was broken in the 21st minute when Scotland scored on the counter attack. Mario Gótze setting up Daniel Sturridge to knock the ball into the net after an excellent break away move.

21 mins
    England 0-1 Scotland

Immediately after this England made a tactical substitution when Godfish93 removed Cesc Fabregas was replaced by Gonzalo Higuain. Four minutes later, there was a massive moment in the match when the referee showed Sergio Ramos a second yellow card followed by the inevitable red card for a trip on England substitute Higuain. This led to a shuffle in the Scotland squad as Mario Gótze was the unfortunate player who had to be taken off to allow Mario Fernandez to take Eric Dier's spot at right back after he moved in to partner Javier Mascherano in the centre of defence.

Half-time

England 0-1 Scotland

Half time arrived with nothing else to really write about both sides squandering chances to score. So the second half kicked off with Scotland holding onto a slim 1-0 lead despite being down to 10 men. Two minutes into the second half, England made their second change to the team on the pitch as Neymar comes on to replace Ilkay Gúndogan as they tried to take advantage of the extra man. But it was Scotland that took England by surprise as they scored a second following great play. Substitute Mario Fernandez won a header against Neymar and nodded it forward where James Rodríguez played a simple pass to Artura Vidal. He then lofted a pinpoint ball up to Daniel Sturridge who lost the defenders marking him and smashed the ball past Petr Cech.

58 mins
    England 0-2 Scotland

England made their third and final substitute when Luke Shaw replaced David Alaba following Sturridge's second goal. Less than 10 minutes later England gave themselves a lifeline following neat footwork in the box. Koke found Raheem Sterling with a low pass into the box who passed it first time with his left foot to Robert Lewandowski. He then squared it to Gonzalo Higuain who lost his marker and knocked the ball past a sprawling Marc-André ter Stegen.

67 mins
    England 1-2 Scotland

After 74 minutes Scotland made a double substitution to try and see out the last 15 minutes. Emre Can coming on for a tiring Eric Dier and Harry Kane replacing two-goal hero Daniel Sturridge. And despite a lot of pressure from a strong England side, Scotland managed to see out the rest of the game.

Full-time
    England 1-2 Scotland

FM Base Internationals - Results Thread-txhdqxh.pngFM Base Internationals - Results Thread-bfqj.png
    FM Base Internationals - Results Thread-bikt.pngFM Base Internationals - Results Thread-bks7.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Big thanks to Godfish for being patient with me while I tried to figure out WTH I was doing.

Good game and I think it could have went anyway.
    Attached Images  
    Lippo255, Znik, Meehar and 4 others like this.

49. Good work grianaig!

50. England sunk by an Englishman again!
    Telstar and Weiry1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO