Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. The Parma Resurrection

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parma_Calcio.png
Views:	8237
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	1081144

Club statement:

The board at Parma Calcio 1913 is sad to announce the departure of manager Luigi Apolloni, who leaves us after one year in charge of the club and a promotion from the Serie D to the Serie C. We thank him for his achievements with the club and will inform the fans of our decision regarding our new manager for the season.

Name:	2000px-La_Gazzetta_dello_Sport_logo.svg.png
Views:	7319
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1081147

Parma announce departure of manager Luigi Apolloni: who will succeed him?

Name:	Parma+Calcio+1913+v+Delta+Rovigo+Serie+dtrWuXWVEmYx.jpg
Views:	6870
Size:	318.7 KB
ID:	1081148

The Italian club had an amazing campaign last season in the Serie D, finishing in first place without losing a single of their 38 games and getting promoted to the Serie C as a result. As the club attempts to make their way back to top flight football, they will need to find someone else to do the job as the manager who led them to that amazing season last year has decided that his future didn't belong at Parma. At the Gazzetta dello Sport we have made a list of the potential managers to replace Apolloni along with odds as to how likely they are of becoming the next first team manager.

1. Hernan Crespo: Even

Name:	Hernan-Crespo-Modena.jpg
Views:	8267
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	1081149

Club legend Hernan Crespo is the most likely man to become Parma's new manager according to us as he was sacked by Modena back in March of this year and has been on the lookout for a new job ever since. With Crespo being such an important figure at the club, he will without a doubt want to take over at Parma and get them back to the top where they belong.

2. Fabio Cannavaro: 15-1

Name:	Fabio-Cannavaro-433434.jpg
Views:	7448
Size:	514.6 KB
ID:	1081150

Another club legend but this time, he's taken! Currently the manager of Tianjin Quanjian in the Chinese second division where he's actually doing very well, it's less likely that the 2006 Ballon D'Or winner joins his former club. Having been in China since June, it'd be a bit odd for him to just leave that job and come back to Italy although it would make sense for him considering he's said it would be a dream for him to manage Napoli and the Italian national team. Yes Napoli isn't Parma but the club he played 212 league games for would be a good start.

3. Lilian Thuram: 2000-1

Name:	Lilian-Thuram-Le-discours-de-Benzema-le-deresponsabilise.jpg
Views:	6797
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	1081151

Yet another club legend who would probably jump at the opportunity of managing his former club but with no previous managerial experience and no seeming desire to start a managerial career, we think that the Frenchman is the least likely to go and manage Parma.

There you have it, a list with our top picks for Parma's future manager. With the club having issued their statement on the 5th of July 2016, we should expect an announcement in the next week or so regarding Apolloni's replacement.

2. Name:  Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 23.52.34.png
Views: 6645
Size:  9.4 KB

Cannavaro's back in Parma!

Name:	fabio-cannavaro-parma_x8wi44ae5dve1lb3fwt30zfsr.jpg
Views:	10024
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	1081161

Fourteen years after leaving the Italian club, the 2006 Ballon D'Or winner has now come back to manage the former Serie A side! Parma fans around Italy have said they're delighted that Cannavaro chose Parma for his managerial career and hope that he can bring a lot of success and bring them back to the Serie A where they were just 2 years ago. Cannavaro leaves the Chinese League One where he's been for about a month now and comes back to his home country

"I'm extremely excited to come back in my home country. I stayed just a month in China but it was an amazing experience and something that I'm proud to have on my CV. Parma have always been close to my heart and I can't wait to get right into it. Being in Serie C definitely motivates me to work hard here and get Parma back in the Serie A where we belong and I really hope this is something that I can achieve here."

Cannavaro sure seems keen on getting started with Parma as they get ready for their first friendly game against Club Brugge of Belgium which will be their toughest fixture by far before they open their Serie C campaign against Venezia on the 27th of August. For Parma fans though, there's definitely a lot to be excited about for the next couple of months!

3. Name:  gazzettadiparma.jpg
Views: 6456
Size:  6.5 KB

Parma survive tough match against Brugge for Cannavaro's first game in charge

Name:	022615-soccer-Parma-FC-players-pi-mp.vresize.1200.675.high.79.jpg
Views:	6623
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1081510

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 10.37.54.png
Views:	6485
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	1081511

It was a game to remember for Parma fans as they watched their team put in a fantastic defensive performance against a much stronger Brugge side who could only score 1 goal from their 28 shots. It's a great point for Cannavaro and his side who definitely impressed in this first friendly of the season for the Italian side and it should give the fans and the players confidence ahead of the next few games this season. In other news, Sgrigna made his debut for the club after coming in on a free a couple of days ago but didn't have the best of games in a match where not that many Parma players played very well anyway, at least from an attacking point of view:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 01.24.36.png
Views:	6485
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	1081512

Finally, it's bad news for I Crociati as their injury crisis continues with Francesco Corapi becoming the third Parma player in a month to be on the sidelines on the long term, with the 30-year old out for as long as 3 weeks.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 10.38.23.png
Views:	6457
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1081514

Following their solid performance in defence, here's what manager Cannavaro had to say about the game:

"It was a very good game in my opinion, we went into it knowing we were facing a side who play regular European football and they were going to get a lot of shots on goal but we defended really well which is something that I'm a player I had a good reputation for hahaha so I'm very happy with how we did on that front. Offensively we were weaker but I think that was mostly due to the quality of the opposition so a draw is a great result for us and I'm excited to see how we'll do in the next few matches."
    Sirrafone, kolas79 and Nurquidi98 like this.

4. following all the way,good luck bro
    Linecoigne1998 likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    following all the way,good luck bro
    Thanks mate, glad to hear you'll be following!

6. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 11.04.21.png
Views:	6449
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	1081519

What to expect this season with Cannavaro:

Name:	IFC_INTERNET_CANNAVARO.jpg
Views:	7886
Size:	634.2 KB
ID:	1081520

After our first game against Brugge, we saw a little bit of how we could play for the whole of this season under Cannavaro. Back when he played for us, we were incredible in defence so obviously he knows how to defend, which means we should expect to be really solid defensively. In terms of the formation that we used against Brugge, it was nothing fancy but still somehow worked against a team that was so much better than us.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 11.08.18.png
Views:	6408
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1081521

No specific roles and no fancy instructions, that's the way to go in my opinion. It worked well against Brugge so I don't see why it shouldn't work well against Serie C teams considering how much weaker they will be. Still though, hopefully Cannavaro will play around with the team a bit to give us the best chance of succeeding this season and hopefully get into the Serie B. In terms of our fixtures for the pre-season, it's looking less intense now and hopefully a couple of good results will give the players confidence ahead of the start of the season in Serie C.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 11.11.15.png
Views:	6371
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1081524

Those couple of games should honestly be fine and we should be able to win them all, although the game against Chievo might be a bit tough because they're in the Serie A but we're still in with a chance of doing well. We'll come back with a report on all these pre-season games after the Monopoli match and hopefully by then we'll feel extremely confident about our first league game against Venezia.

7. Nice result against Club Brugge. Hope you will be in Serie A soon.

8. daje Parmaaaaaaaa!!!! come on Parmaaaaaaa!! we want u!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorRdam View Post
    Nice result against Club Brugge. Hope you will be in Serie A soon.
    Well hopefully it'll be within the next 2 seasons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirrafone View Post
    daje Parmaaaaaaaa!!!! come on Parmaaaaaaa!! we want u!!!
    Hahaha good to see you're excited about this mate

10. Good luck Fabio !!

11. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    Good luck Fabio !!
    Cheers mate, really excited about this save as I think it'll be my main one this year!
    kolas79 likes this.

12. I would have went with Hernan, but I'm sure Cannavaro will do ;D

Good luck man, looks like it'll be a really interesting challenge. Do they have much of youth setup left?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Taylorellkern View Post
    I would have went with Hernan, but I'm sure Cannavaro will do ;D

Good luck man, looks like it'll be a really interesting challenge. Do they have much of youth setup left?
    From what I've seen so far, the squad is really old and the youth facilities are really average so that's definitely something I'm going to have to try and improve over the next few seasons!

14. I will be following this, good luck.

I didn't realise FM-Base had this section on the site, i was getting fed up of people starting the story and stopping after 10 mins on other sites.

15. Quote Originally Posted by josh_brady View Post
    I will be following this, good luck.

I didn't realise FM-Base had this section on the site, i was getting fed up of people starting the story and stopping after 10 mins on other sites.
    Cheers mate, really happy to see this kind of support already!
    josh_brady likes this.

16. are u gonna look to invest in youth bro?hows it looking in terms of italian wonderkids this year?

17. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    are u gonna look to invest in youth bro?hows it looking in terms of italian wonderkids this year?
    I've not seen any wonder kid lists so far so I'm not too sure to be honest but yes I'll definitely look into investing in youth players. Last year in my King of Rome story I found some incredible regens so I'd definitely want to be able to do the same this year
    josh_brady likes this.

18. Click image for larger version

Name:	ESPN_FC_logo.jpg
Views:	5820
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1081899
    Parma finish pre-season with 2 wins from 5

Name:	Parma+FC+v+SSC+Napoli+Serie+A+qQud4z77i59x.jpg
Views:	5972
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	1081900

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.40.06.png
Views:	5761
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1081901

After what seemed to be a pretty bad start to their pre-season, Parma have finished it with 2 wins from their last 2 games and seem ready for their Lega Pro Girone B start in exactly a week. Their most impressive display was definitely their game against Brugge but the fans have said that they were most impressed with the 4-1 win over Santarcangelo on the 14th of August simply due to the fact that it showed their impressive talent up front, most notably loanee Lamin Jallow, who's at Parma from Chievo Verona until the end of the season.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 13.51.11.png
Views:	5805
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1081904

Parma's worst performance for sure as they faced Chievo Verona in what was their first encounter against a Serie A side since getting relegated to the Serie D about 2 years ago. Understandably, they were dominated and lost quite heavily but Cannavaro did say after the match that he never expected a win against a side as strong as Chievo.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 00.07.34.png
Views:	5757
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1081905

Then came a game where Parma were using a new formation that just didn't seem to work. Big domination in terms of possession and shots but the finishing just wasn't there at all and it got them into all sorts of trouble at the back having to make sure they didn't concede otherwise it would have just been humiliation for them. That made it still just one goal in 3 games for Parma in what was a pretty disappointing run for Cannavaro's side.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.08.23.png
Views:	5796
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	1081906

Parma's first hat-trick of the season came through their loanee Jallow who was absolutely fantastic in this 4-1 away win for Cannavaro's men in what was a really convincing victory that got the fans all very happy and excited for future matches considering how impressive they were in the final third. Now standing in 1st place in their Coppa Italia Lega Pro group, they look like they're very likely to qualify for the First Round of the competition and maybe go on and win it.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.24.08.png
Views:	5774
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	1081909

Their final game of the pre-season was against a brave Monopoli side who looked like they almost could have gotten a draw or a victory against Parma but it wasn't meant to happen. The latter win the game with a goal in the 82nd minute making it 2 wins from their last 2 games as they prepare now to face Venezia for their first league game of the season. Parma are predicted to finish in the promotion spots to the Serie B but will they actually make it there under club legend Fabio Cannavaro? Their progress this season will definitely be one to follow for any football fans around the world. Unfortunately though, it's not going to be that easy considering the huge injury crisis they've suffered already so far in this pre-season:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 00.07.23.png
Views:	5746
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1081910

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 11.39.19.png
Views:	5720
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1081911

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.20.27.png
Views:	5743
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	1081912

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.21.42.png
Views:	5705
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1081913

With 5 players currently still injured, Cannavaro will have to completely rethink what team he'd like to put out for their first league game of the season and it could be a huge struggle as some of the players who got injured were key to Parma's successful last two games of their pre-season. Will the Italian legend lead Parma back to the top? To do that, will he manage a first league win in their first league game? The answer to that last question will come next week!
    Nurquidi98 likes this.

19. Unlucky with those injuries. Story is going great though mate. Very interesting although I was hoping Thuram was going to get the job lol
    josh_brady and Linecoigne1998 like this.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Tobey Mason View Post
    Unlucky with those injuries. Story is going great though mate. Very interesting although I was hoping Thuram was going to get the job lol
    Thanks mate, hopefully I won't get as many injuries later on in the season!

21. Will definitely be following,gl

22. Quote Originally Posted by Batajakiller View Post
    Will definitely be following,gl
    Thanks for the support

23. Name:  la_gazzetta_dello_sport.png
Views: 2553
Size:  21.8 KB

First league match for Parma in Lega Pro Girone B ends in draw

Name:	football-parma-woe-chievo_3263359.jpg
Views:	2573
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1082171

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 21.31.25.png
Views:	2561
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	1082172

Cannavaro's first league match in charge of Parma finished in a draw in a game that could have gone either way but where Parma should've probably done better considering the amount of shots they had on goal. Venezia took the lead and were actually leading at half-time but Parma struck back before going a goal down again and then coming back once again. Their fans probably expected a bit more from their team going into their first league game of the season but unfortunately a draw is all they'll be able to get. Next up for Parma is FeralpiSal├▓ who started their campaign with a 3-0 win at home so it could be a tough match for Parma despite their home advantage but fans seem hopeful ahead of the clash.

24. Awesome story mate. Missed reading them.
    josh_brady and Linecoigne1998 like this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Tobey Mason View Post
    Awesome story mate. Missed reading them.
    Cheers, really appreciate the support!

26. This is the type of story i've looking for, best of luck mate !

27. Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    This is the type of story i've looking for, best of luck mate !
    Cheers mate, very hopeful for my first season at Parma!
    Barca4ever11 likes this.

28. love it mate, can't wait to see Cannavaro lift up the world cup with Italy!

29. Quote Originally Posted by AldoKemp-1 View Post
    love it mate, can't wait to see Cannavaro lift up the world cup with Italy!
    Hopefully that'll happen soon enough
    AldoKemp-1 likes this.

30. Click image for larger version

Views:	2405
ID:	1082376
    First league win for Cannavaro and Parma after dominant performance

Name:	yves-baraye-esultanza.jpg
Views:	2396
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1082377

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 12.50.42.png
Views:	2399
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1082378

After a very dominant performance in what was supposed to be a tight game, Parma got their first 3 points of the season thanks to a Baraye goal early on in the game. Garufo also impressed in Parma's match which was enough to get him the man of the match as the Italian club led by Fabio Cannavaro climb up the table to now go right below the promotion places. For Parma fans, this game should be a good sign for the rest of the season considering they had a pretty rough start to their league campaign but this match seems to be getting Cannavaro's men back on their feet and ready to get a couple of wins on board in order to get the best chances of getting promoted to the Serie B next season. Can they do it? If they keep performing that way, we don't see why not!

31. Name:  gazzettadiparma.jpg
Views: 2094
Size:  6.5 KB

A look into Parma's last month and a half in Lega Pro Girone B

Name:	3098936_20151027_soccer_1280x720-1b2tamj.jpg
Views:	8320
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	1082380

It's now been almost 3 months since Fabio Cannavaro took over at Parma and so far, he's enjoyed a pretty good start to his career back in Italy. With 4 points from his first 2 games, he already looked like he was enjoying a good start but the last month and a half at the club has only been better.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 23.11.34.png
Views:	2098
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1082381

With 5 wins and one draw in his last 6 games, Parma has managed to grab 16 points from a possible 18 and 20 from a possible 24 all season. That is certainly a very good record and considering the Italian media wasn't expecting Parma to be a leader in the title race in the Italian third tier, Cannavaro has been doing exceptionally well.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 20.38.24.png
Views:	2118
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	1082386

The table is also looking for the Serie A fallen giants as they already have the second best goal difference in the league and sit 3 points clear at the top ahead of Mantova. In terms of team statistics, Cannavaro's men are the most prolific attacking side of the campaign so far, with 18 goals scored in those 8 games but they have the 8th best defence in the league, which doesn't necessarily sound that great for a league leader. In addition, they have a pretty poor disciplinary record (11 yellows (11th in the league) and 1 red (2nd in the league)) which also adds a negative aspect to their game which Cannavaro will definitely have to work on as the season goes on. Down below we've put in a summary of each game that Parma has played in the last month or so along with some key comments taken from the post-match press conferences with manager Cannavaro.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 16.51.11.png
Views:	2105
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	1082387

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 23.18.55.png
Views:	2105
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1082388

I think the majority of the game and the outcome of this game was really played in the midfield. I've already looked at a couple of the heat maps from this match and we were controlling the midfield and managing to distribute the ball well to our forwards, particularly on the left wing which cost them because I feel they were much weaker on that side of the pitch. In the end it was a pretty tight game but we got the win and I'm very happy with that.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 00.34.30.png
Views:	2099
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1082389

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 23.22.18.png
Views:	2099
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1082390

We were mostly attacking to the right side of the pitch and we definitely saw some improvements from last game, mostly the fact that we managed to get a clean sheet against a team who was really pressuring us in the midfield and allowed us a lot less of the ball than our last game about 4 days ago. In the end we did well and I'm happy about the performance and think that this is the start of a great run for the club.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 10.11.37.png
Views:	2083
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	1082391

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 23.25.38.png
Views:	2097
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1082392

I think we got away with it today to be honest. Lately we've just not been good enough defensively. We've been conceding too many goals and it's making me a bit worried about our next few games because the opponent we faced today we did really well against about a month ago and now that we have a bit more fixtures we're getting sloppy and that's something we'll need to work on to make sure we don't concede so much. Even the heat map says it all, it shows that we had less of the ball and when we did have it, it was mostly in our half and we were just trying to ease the pressure by playing a bit higher up the pitch in order to prevent counter-attacks so hopefully in the next few games we'll improve on that.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 15.33.47.png
Views:	2070
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1082396

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 23.37.05.png
Views:	2071
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1082397

We took our time to get that goal (kind of) and had plenty of opportunities but also got a clean sheet so I think we did pretty well out there today. Was I worried we wouldn't win? No of course not. I'm very confident in my players' abilities and the fact that we had so many chances today showed that we were pretty much having a field day offensively and it showed why we're the best attacking team in the league this season so far. We've got quality players up front who can make things happen and now I can only hope that we keep this up and hopefully next game score even more goals and get as many chances to score them.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 18.36.37.png
Views:	2068
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	1082399

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 23.51.20.png
Views:	2076
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1082400

Of course this was a frustrating game, last week I talked about how good we were offensively and today we just weren't there. Even defensively we were pretty poor. They had the ball in our half way too often and we allowed them to take way too many shots which in the end cost us 2 points. We've been doing well lately so I'm not too bothered by that but there were certainly some aspects of this game that I'll need to look at as we prepare our training sessions for the next week because there's a lot of work to be done still.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 20.38.10.png
Views:	2056
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	1082401

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 23.54.08.png
Views:	2056
Size:	1,015.4 KB
ID:	1082404

This was the kind of game that makes us love football. Goals going in left right and centre and the lead going from one team to the other until the final whistle blows and there's just one team left as the winner. Luckily for us we were the winners of this game but it could've gone either away. I won't lie, when I arrived here at Parma, I thought we'd be by far the best team in the league but today Lumezzane proved me wrong and showed me that we're really going to have to work hard for our victories. Baraye? No I'm not worried about him. Every player has some periods in his career where he's inconsistent but he works really hard in training and some games it shows on the pitch, sometimes it doesn't. We're not a one-man team, we can handle having one player under-perform as we saw today. As long as the team wins, I don't care who performs and who doesn't.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 23.57.20.png
Views:	2031
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1082407

I'm excited about our next 3 games but we're facing 3 teams who are in the top half of the table and will definitely have the potential to surprise us if we're not careful, just like our last game. I'm definitely happy with the way things have gone and it's been a real eye-opener for me. Having managed in Saudi Arabia and China previously, coming back to Italy reminded me of how football is played here and how a lot of Italian teams pride themselves on defending, simply because of the fact that our country has had so many great defenders over the years. Speaking of defending, that's one thing that I know we need to improve on so in our next few matches, expect better performances on that front.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 00.01.49.png
Views:	2050
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	1082411

As I said, we're a team with a lot of quality players and not a one-man team. Everyone is working hard for our wins and our current form and I'm very proud of every single player on the team so far, whether they've played one game or every single one, they've done a great job to get us top of the table after just under 10 games. Hopefully now we can keep fighting hard to try and get this Parma club back where it belongs!

32. Nice update buddy. You'll be back in Serie A soon enough

33. The effort and level of detail you've put into this is fantastic mate. A really, really great read. I look forward to more.

34. Looking very very good so far !

35. Great story so far mate. I hope Fabio's Parma will be challenging the likes of Juve and Napoli soon enough!

36. Quote Originally Posted by Tobey Mason View Post
    Nice update buddy. You'll be back in Serie A soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    The effort and level of detail you've put into this is fantastic mate. A really, really great read. I look forward to more.
    Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    Looking very very good so far !
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullardinho View Post
    Great story so far mate. I hope Fabio's Parma will be challenging the likes of Juve and Napoli soon enough!
    Thanks so much guys, I didn't think I'd be getting this much support for this story, glad you're all enjoying it so far!
    Bullardinho and kolas79 like this.

37. Name:  la_gazzetta_dello_sport.png
Views: 1883
Size:  21.8 KB

First loss of the season for Parma after just over 10 league games

Name:	Parma.jpg
Views:	1918
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	1082620

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 20.56.00.png
Views:	1879
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1082626

Parma suffered their first defeat of the season about 2 weeks ago when they played against Ancona in the Lega Pro Girone B but have since then won 2 games in a row and find themselves in first place in the league as they keep pushing for promotion to the Serie B next season. With just one goal conceded in their last 3 games, Cannavaro will be very happy with the improvements of his defence and will definitely hope that those clean sheets and good defensive performances keep coming as the season keeps going along. Despite now becoming the 3rd best defence in the league, Parma have also become the third best attack in the league, falling 2 spots in 3 games which is probably something that Cannavaro will need to look into.
    Parma's next 3 games in the league are once again against top half of the table opposition along with a cup tie against Livorno on the 16th of November so the Parma fans will really be hoping that their team can keep the good times going and perhaps make a good cup run to win their first trophy under new manager Fabio Cannavaro.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 21.01.55.png
Views:	1872
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	1082632

Below we will now put some details about Parma's last 3 matches along with some key stats and quotes from manager Cannavaro:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 00.24.11.png
Views:	1888
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1082633

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 21.07.31.png
Views:	1877
Size:	289.9 KB
ID:	1082634

You know I think in the end we just didn't take our chances. It's tough to get our first loss of the season that way but it's the truth and we need to make sure that in the future we do a lot better because all of our shots (on the right side of the screen) were wide! At least almost all of them (with yellow arrows). It's just unfortunate because we've been really good at creating chances lately but just not good enough at finishing them.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 10.27.11.png
Views:	1871
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1082635

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 21.11.14.png
Views:	1869
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	1082636

I think it was just another game where we let them have way too many shots and if you look at the average positions of the players throughout the game as well you'll see that they mostly stayed in the midfield so how did we concede so many shots? I don't know but what I do know is that we had so many chances and only scored one and that's not normal. Defensively, we've been better than as of late, I'm happy, but offensively is where we have a problem now and we're going to have to fix that if we want to come out as champions this season because it's not with performances like this that it's going to happen.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 18.03.33.png
Views:	1870
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	1082638

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 21.16.19.png
Views:	1879
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1082644

We scored early and sat back, that's what I think of the game. Again, as a defender during my playing career, I'm not going to say there's anything wrong with that but I feel like lately we've just been focusing on defending and not really attacking and when we face teams that are much stronger than us, that'll become a big problem so hopefully we'll start thinking about our attack a bit more in our next few games. I have to say though, I'm not too worried because this has only been an issue for the best 3 games and not the whole season so I have confidence that my players will turn it around.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 21.18.46.png
Views:	1880
Size:	704.4 KB
ID:	1082647

I've definitely been looking at the table, of course. It's good to see that we're 3 points ahead but our goal difference is something that could let us down in my opinion. When I look at FeralpiSal├▓ who are second, their goal difference is better than ours by 7 goals which is huge so we'll need to really improve ours in order to make sure that if it comes down to goal difference for the title or promotion or a play off spot, we beat that team right behind us.
    AldoKemp-1 and kolas79 like this.

38. Click image for larger version

Views:	1772
ID:	1083153
    Parma on 6-match winning streak as they cruise at the top of Lega Pro Girone B

Name:	Torino+FC+v+Parma+FC+Serie+A+KF4Gx5Vs5S0x.jpg
Views:	2294
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	1083158

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 14.04.54.png
Views:	1707
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	1083159

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 14.05.10.png
Views:	1716
Size:	701.3 KB
ID:	1083161

Parma continue their strong start to their campaign with 4 wins in their last 4 league games along with an impressive win against Livorno in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro as well. Now 6 points clear at the top of the league almost halfway through the season, they're slowly starting to look like the favourites to not only get promoted but win the league title as well in what would be an incredible first season for Cannavaro back at the club he spent most of his career at. Below will be summaries of the games that Parma took part in in the last month along with a review from manager Cannavaro who had an exclusive interview with us to talk about his start here at Parma.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 21.50.53.png
Views:	1723
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	1083162

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 22.15.29.png
Views:	1715
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	1083163

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 13.10.45.png
Views:	1714
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	1083164

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 14.04.27.png
Views:	1710
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	1083165

"I'm very happy with my start here at Parma. I was expecting it to be a lot harder to be completely honest with you and the players have responded really well to the way I want them to play and the way that I want this team to be so that makes my job a lot easier for sure. They've given everything they have for every game and the fact is we've only lost one all season which goes to show how good we've been. Defensively we're not there yet you know but that'll come, just like offensively at first we weren't there but having worked on that in training we got better and are now the best attack in the league. Our next month is going to be really packed with a lot of fixtures including a cup game so it's going to be tough keeping this form up but I'm confident in my players and my staff and definitely believe we can keep the good times going here."

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 14.21.03.png
Views:	1708
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	1083166

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 14.21.42.png
Views:	1698
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	1083168
    AldoKemp-1 and dani3w like this.

39. Keep it up dude. Parma rule!

40. Doing a fantastic job so far, will definitely be keeping an eye out for future updates. Keep it up!

41. Quote Originally Posted by Tobey Mason View Post
    Keep it up dude. Parma rule!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherSpecialOne View Post
    Doing a fantastic job so far, will definitely be keeping an eye out for future updates. Keep it up!
    Cheers guys, been a bit busy in the last couple of days but more updates will come today and for the next few days as well!

42. This is going to be a cracker of a story, calling it now! Some superb form with Parma, great to see people taking on new clubs, very well written and presented so far!

43. Quote Originally Posted by dani3w View Post
    This is going to be a cracker of a story, calling it now! Some superb form with Parma, great to see people taking on new clubs, very well written and presented so far!
    Thanks so much, really appreciate the support!

44. Click image for larger version

Name:	Eurosport_logo.png
Views:	1766
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1083544

Team report: Parma FC

Name:	Parma-15-16-Kits%u00252B%25283%2529.jpg
Views:	2444
Size:	367.2 KB
ID:	1083545

Earlier this season, Cannavaro was appointed manager of Parma FC. Since then, the Italian club has taken part in 21 games out of their 38 in the Lega Pro Girone B and they look as good as ever. In this team report we will take a look at their December results as well as how they've been doing overall since the start of the season.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 13.23.58.png
Views:	1630
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	1083546

With just 2 wins from 7 games in total in December, Parma have been on a bit of a decline compared to their previous months but are still doing well overall, which is good news for Parma fans and Fabio Cannavaro. As a result of their good form, the Italian Ballon D'Or winner was actually rewarded with a new contract earlier in
    December, a deal that will keep him at the club for another 2 years.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 14.44.39.png
Views:	1622
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1083547

I'm extremely delighted to have signed a new deal here at Parma. It not only shows that the board believes in me but it also makes me feel more secure about my job and makes me realise that I've been doing a good job and as a result I'm getting a new contract. For the players and the fans, it's also good news because it means they can get used to having me around and hopefully if we keep working well together then I could stay here for even longer than two years. For now I'm focusing on the month ahead and really taking in as much as I can to see if we need to sign anyone during the winter transfer window that's coming up very soon.

In other news, Parma picked up two injuries this month for two quite important players which was actually the main reason why Parma looked a lot weaker in the last few matches of this month:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 22.31.44.png
Views:	1613
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1083548

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 13.17.44.png
Views:	1623
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1083549

Thankfully for them, both of these players are now out during the winter break and won't miss any games, which was at Cannavaro's delight:

We were really scared of losing Jallow and Calai├▓ for a long time, they've both been key to our success in the league this season so far and it would be a real shame if we were to lose them for more than a month. Thankfully the physios came back telling me that they would both not be out for more than a month which means we'll have them both back perfectly healthy before the league kicks off again on the 21st of January.

In terms of how they've been doing overall, Parma can be very proud of their achievements in the league but also their good performances in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro, where they've now reached the quarter-finals of:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 13.35.01.png
Views:	1630
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1083550

Juve Stabia, who are currently in 4th in the Lega Pro Girone C, will be a tough opponent for Parma but they've been doing well overall and if they keep their good form up, there's no reason to think they couldn't make it all the way to the final to even win the whole thing. Talking about their form and winning titles, after 21 games, the Lega Pro Girone B still looks very tight but shows that Parma are in control and are slowly actually becoming favourites to win the league:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 13.18.15.png
Views:	1640
Size:	704.1 KB
ID:	1083551

The media predicted Parma to finish in 2nd and more than halfway through the season still seem to think the same thing, with Venezia having the best odds of winning the title which at this point will now probably be impossible to do for the club formerly managed by Inzaghi. As you can see from the table, it's no secret that Parma are very good offensively but defensively, there seems to be an issue. Despite an extensive list of strengths for their season so far, the list of weaknesses just seems to be a bit too long for a league leader:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 13.40.19.png
Views:	1634
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	1083555

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 13.39.47.png
Views:	1639
Size:	461.0 KB
ID:	1083553

The main issue is certainly finances, which has always been an issue with Parma and something that Cannavaro is going to need to be very careful about, especially if he wants to strengthen his squad during the winter break. the only way that can happen would be to sell players but considering the lack of quality in the squad overall, the youth academy of the club would have to be improved massively to make sure that youngsters can come through to the first team and do a job there. Going back to finances, it really isn't looking that bright for Parma right now:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 13.43.58.png
Views:	1622
Size:	841.1 KB
ID:	1083557

Despite being at a high earlier in the season, Parma's financial situation has been deteriorating massively and they're already half a million euros in debt. It's getting worse and worse by the minute so either the board at Parma or Cannavaro himself are going to have to do a lot of work to get the club back in a healthy financial position because otherwise they could risk going bankrupt again and going all the way back down to the Italian 4th tier where they were last season.

With plenty of negative things to talk about, Cannavaro will still be pretty happy about the fact that he and his team are getting a lot of support on social media, even though there are some haters out there who don't think that their club are capable of getting promotion this season:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 13.48.07.png
Views:	1629
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	1083558

Again, luckily for Cannavaro, Jallow will be out throughout the winter break but should be back for their first league back of 2017, so no need to worry so much for Parma fans either! Anyways' that's going to be it for our team report on Parma so far this season, hopefully it was a good one and we can't wait to update you more on Parma's progress for the rest of this season where hopefully for them they'll have a good end to the season and can go all the way back to the Serie A! Thank you for reading and see you soon on Eurosport.
    kolas79 likes this.

45. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 18.41.26.png
Views:	1571
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1083612

Parma get first league win in over a month and a half

Name:	andi-lila.jpg
Views:	2168
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1083613

After a very tough month in December and a disappointing winter break, Parma have finally gone back to winning ways following a 2-0 win against Forli FC in matchday 23 of the Lega Pro Girone B. With just 15 games left in the league now, Parma are still looking in control and seem like they really could be getting promoted to the Serie B this season, putting them just one division under the Italian top tier. Below we will take a look at Parma's winter break as well as their last 3 games of the month which also featured one game in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 16.54.00.png
Views:	1552
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1083614

With 3 losses from their 3 games, many fans were worried than morale would be low in the Parma dressing room following a very disappointing month in December and now 3 losses in 3 games. Their match against Anderlecht was definitely impressive considering they had a lot more chances and also a lot more possession but they still got a loss which was worrying. Did Cannavaro's men manage to pull it back in the cup and in the league?

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 18.49.12.png
Views:	1563
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1083617

They certainly have! The draw against Reggiana was, as said by manager Cannavaro, tough to take but in the end they still managed to qualify for the semi-final of the Coppa Italia Lega Pro and also got their first league win in a while which must have been a relief for everyone involved at Parma FC. Can they take this form into next month now and secure a promotion spot to the Serie B before the season even ends? That task will have been made very tough following a couple of long-term injuries for some key players at the club:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 16.39.59.png
Views:	1546
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1083618

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 17.59.59.png
Views:	1559
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1083619

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 18.00.08.png
Views:	1559
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	1083620

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 18.34.43.png
Views:	1539
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1083621

With 4 key players now out for as much as 3 months and as little as 2 weeks, Parma will need to find a way to deal with those injuries and get good results against teams who are mostly in the second half of the table, luckily for them. We'll come back here again at the end of February, once Parma has played all these teams to see how they've done.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 19.34.29.png
Views:	1536
Size:	712.8 KB
ID:	1083622
    Last edited by Linecoigne1998; 31/10/2016 at 08:35 PM.
    kolas79 likes this.

46. Fantastic updates mate. Love the layout and glad Parma are back on track.

47. Quote Originally Posted by Tobey Mason View Post
    Fantastic updates mate. Love the layout and glad Parma are back on track.
    Thanks mate, really glad you're enjoying the story so far

48. Click image for larger version

Name:	1083612d1477939302-parma-resurrection-screen-shot-2016-10-31-18.41.26.png
Views:	1556
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1083649

League-winning form for Parma who step closer and closer to Serie B promotion

Name:	Parma.jpg
Views:	1543
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1083650

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 21.56.30.png
Views:	1520
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	1083651

Parma, who were under a bit of pressure following a pretty disappointing month in December, managed to get back into good form at the end of January and this month, they absolutely crushed the league. With 3 wins from 4 league games and a spot in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro final, everything's going very well for Cannavaro's men who are stepping closer and closer to Serie B promotion. The real question is, did Parma improve on how they were doing back in late 2016? Well. Financially, they're still struggling a lot and now find themselves 1.2 million euros in debt, which isn't good for them. On the actual sport aspect of things though, a chance to win 2 trophies this season and an attack still as efficient as ever is something they can be proud of.

With March coming up rather quickly now, we take a look at some of the fixtures they took part in this month in detail and look ahead at their 4 upcoming fixtures:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 20.49.23.png
Views:	1528
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	1083652

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 21.31.36.png
Views:	1550
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1083653

This two-leg tie was definitely the two matches to remember for Parma this month with a pretty bad first leg but an absolutely dominant display in the second leg which got them to the Coppa Italia Lega Pro final with the first leg of that match coming up in early March.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 21.44.40.png
Views:	1510
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1083654

Definitely a highlight of Parma's month too which showcased their attacking power as they scored the two goals that gifted them the win in just 2 minutes, the first two minutes of the match. That game also got them 6 points clear at the top of the league with just 11 matches to spare.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 22.29.28.png
Views:	1521
Size:	714.9 KB
ID:	1083655
    kolas79 and dave8721 like this.

49. SUrely it's in the bag?

50. Quote Originally Posted by Tobey Mason View Post
    SUrely it's in the bag?
    Hopefully!

+ Reply to Thread