Liverpool FC: The 5 Year Plan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Liverpool FC: The 5 Year Plan

Name:  Comming.png
Views: 4048
Size:  87.4 KB
    Last edited by Brendn; 23/10/2016 at 09:26 PM.

2. It's a shame to remove Klopp from Liverpool's bench but i'm looking forward to this. Had a blast reading your stories last year...

3. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dokara View Post
    It's a shame to remove Klopp from Liverpool's bench but i'm looking forward to this. Had a blast reading your stories last year...

Aye, it's probably the first time I've genuinely not really wanted to do this save since Klopp is a fantastic Manager to have in the hot seat.... but a Liverpool save is a tradition at this point. I gotta do it

4. I can't wait! I always read your stories when Football Manager comes out, it gets me really excited for my own saves

5. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Name:  Untitled-2.png
Views: 4159
Size:  1.51 MB

Name:  Untitled-3.png
Views: 4155
Size:  1.12 MB

6. 4 European Cups...?

7. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie100 View Post
    4 European Cups...?

they won their 5th in 2005; the 4 i'm talking about are the ones won during the 70's & 80's period of sucsess.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    they won their 5th in 2005; the 4 i'm talking about are the ones won during the 70's & 80's period of sucsess.

Ah, that makes sense. Ignore what I said then.

9. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Name:  Untitled-5.png
Views: 4092
Size:  429.2 KB
    The next three managers into the club helped arrest the steep decline. Roy Hodgson came in and
    did his best to stop the rot but with the takeover saga and a new owner surveying the club, Roy's
    3 year contract was cut short by mutual consent. It was when Kenny Dalglish was appointed Manager
    that the decline was halted; though we were are rock bottom.

Name:  Untitled-5.png
Views: 4052
Size:  460.4 KB

When Brendan Rodgers was appointed Liverpool Manager, this was the beginning of the start. the first
    season was utterly forgettable but we were gifted with a sensational title challenge in the 2013/14 season
    as Luis Suarez lay claim to the title of best striker on the planet. This was a huge part of the remedy as
    it reminded the club and fans that the hunger never went away; it's still there, embers still burning.

Name:  liverpool-banner-2.png
Views: 4279
Size:  356.5 KB

But the following season, and the return of Champions league football was not the return n we'd dreamed
    off. Questionable tactical management by Brendan Rodgers and the constant speculation of Luis Suarez's
    Liverpool future helped the club to a disappointing 6th place finish and out of reach of the Champions League
    Spots. The fans were growing frustrated with Rodgers but the owners stood by him.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 4095
Size:  626.6 KB

Rodgers lasted just 8 Premier league games before getting sacked 1 hour after a 1-1 draw with rivals Everton.
    Interm Manager Jurgen Klopp was brought in to steady the ship and he did just that. Bringing his fabled
    'Heavy Metal Football' to Anfield, Klopp brought an exciting brand of football to Anfield that saw the club
    reach two finals that season: the Capital One Cup Final and the UEFA Europa League Final.

Despite pleas from the fans for Klopp to sign a permanent deal, the eccentric German Manager said
    that while he adored his time at Anfield, the owners were busy with preparations to announce their own manager and his role was to arrest the decline and bring the right mentality back to the club.

Name:  CE9ty5IW8AAc6YY.jpg
Views: 3914
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  Melwood.jpg
Views: 3959
Size:  23.2 KB

So who is this new Man taking the helm at Liverpool F.C.?

AldoKemp-1, Telstar and PatrickLFC like this.

10. Looks good so far mate

11. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Name:  Header.png
Views: 2835
Size:  221.2 KB

Name:  Untitledsdgerg.png
Views: 2898
Size:  125.3 KB

Liverpool Squad 2015/16

Views: 2841
Size:  37.7 KB
    GoalkeepersName:  Goalkeepers.png
Views: 2828
Size:  34.1 KB
Views: 2835
Size:  59.4 KB

Defenders
    Name:  Defenders.png
Views: 2827
Size:  69.9 KB
Views: 2820
Size:  95.2 KB

Midfield
    Name:  midfield.png
Views: 2812
Size:  64.1 KB
Views: 2818
Size:  125.8 KB

Attacking Midfield

Name:  Attacking midfield.png
Views: 2811
Size:  31.6 KB
Views: 2813
Size:  91.2 KB

Forwards
    Name:  Forwards.png
Views: 2816
Size:  43.8 KB
Views: 2823
Size:  120.7 KB

12. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

13. Glad this is back my friend. So much detail. I thought I put detail in but this is great. I actually hope mine can be as good as this,

14. The king has returned

15. So the journey begins again !!! Good luck my firend !! I wish to you and to all fellow managers a good season with the FM2017 !!!
    bdearaujo and Linecoigne1998 like this.

16. Ooo, i've been waiting for this for soooo long
    Good luck, mate.
    Looking forward for the pre-season.

17. Good stuff as usual!

18. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobey Mason View Post
    Glad this is back my friend. So much detail. I thought I put detail in but this is great. I actually hope mine can be as good as this,
    Quote Originally Posted by bdearaujo View Post
    The king has returned
    Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    So the journey begins again !!! Good luck my firend !! I wish to you and to all fellow managers a good season with the FM2017 !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca4ever11 View Post
    Ooo, i've been waiting for this for soooo long
    Good luck, mate.
    Looking forward for the pre-season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Good stuff as usual!
    Guys, thank you so Damn much. i'm always blown away by the support I get on here!
    kolas79 likes this.

19. Just saw this and the amount of effort that has gone in is amazing! Good luck!

20. Dude, how do you do these pictures of your squad so they can't be clicked on and they are nice and big?

21. Mings looks a good buy at that price!

22. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Just saw this and the amount of effort that has gone in is amazing! Good luck!
    Cheers mate. Thanks for that. i enjoy messing around with photoshop and google images is a bank of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jden86 View Post
    Dude, how do you do these pictures of your squad so they can't be clicked on and they are nice and big?
    When you upload them, double click and pick the size options (small, medium, large or full size)

Mings looks a good buy at that price!
    Aye, the scouts rated him as a good championship player but screw them, they've no clue I looked at this states and felt the boy had everything I needed ion the role I wanted to play him in and at that price, it's a good deal me feels

23. Death Ball's Avatar Death Ball
    Modern Day Legend
    Mings is exactly the kind of fullback I like, as they say about Mourinho: one who is strong in the air so it's not noticeably in those defences in which the fullback swaps position with a centreback. On top of it he doesn't lack attacking ability. For me that's a top class signing. The only thing I don't quite like of him is his positioning being just 10, but the perfect player doesn't exist so you got to admit some flaw.

I also like seeing that about Shane Long. Someone who can value a striker for something other than >15 in finishing and composure but by other attributes. Too often people value players by the two or three most key attributes, disregarding others. I totally expect, not that I've seen that extreme yet, somebody qualify as world class a striker with 16 in those two attributes and no more than 8 in anticipation, off the ball, decisions, determination or other such mental attributes. Also, I find amusing the times somebody highlights as "ooh, this centreback has 17 heading" and then he complains when he losses headers because of that, when his jumping reach is 8. It's no use how well you direct the headers you won if you can't reach high enough to win them!
    Average Joe, Brendn and PatrickLFC like this.

24. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

25. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Ball View Post
    Mings is exactly the kind of fullback I like, as they say about Mourinho: one who is strong in the air so it's not noticeably in those defences in which the fullback swaps position with a centreback. On top of it he doesn't lack attacking ability. For me that's a top class signing. The only thing I don't quite like of him is his positioning being just 10, but the perfect player doesn't exist so you got to admit some flaw.
    aye, his positioning is a little lackluster but his pace and workrate make me fell he can make up for it. Mentally, he could be a lot better but I feel he's a good backup option

I also like seeing that about Shane Long. Someone who can value a striker for something other than >15 in finishing and composure but by other attributes. Too often people value players by the two or three most key attributes, disregarding others. I totally expect, not that I've seen that extreme yet, somebody qualify as world class a striker with 16 in those two attributes and no more than 8 in anticipation, off the ball, decisions, determination or other such mental attributes. Also, I find amusing the times somebody highlights as "ooh, this centreback has 17 heading" and then he complains when he losses headers because of that, when his jumping reach is 8. It's no use how well you direct the headers you won if you can't reach high enough to win them!
    Aye, it drives me mad how people often just ignore the secondary attributes, or the less obvious primary attributes. Like, for Goalkeepers, Decisions and Agility are two of the ones I look out for most as what good is a goalkeeper who can't move quickly?... If all of your players don't have different skill sets, you end up having a very pedestrian mono-directional attack that's easy to shut down.
    Death Ball and josh_brady like this.

26. Still awesome Long was linked in real life so realistic which is good to see. Kings also has great potential so awesome signing. Also big and strong
    Brendn likes this.

27. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 2611

Name:  Fixture List.png
Views: 2618
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  full-match-west-bromwich-albion-vs-liverpool.png
Views: 2618
Size:  246.9 KB

Name:  line up.png
Views: 2613
Size:  126.2 KB

Views: 2612
Size:  239.9 KB

Name:  Untitledfgfgh.png
Views: 2611
Size:  122.8 KB

Name:  Man Unite.jpg
Views: 2681
Size:  52.5 KB

Views: 2601
Size:  125.4 KB

Views: 2599
Size:  230.9 KB

Name:  749_b.jpg
Views: 2598
Size:  12.2 KB
Views: 2593
Size:  119.8 KB

Views: 2580
Size:  231.2 KB

Name:  Westham.png
Views: 2602
Size:  551.2 KB

Views: 2585
Size:  126.4 KB

Views: 2584
Size:  263.5 KB

Name:  bpl-barclays-premier-league-logo.png
Views: 2584
Size:  77.0 KB
Views: 2585
Size:  236.1 KB

September Fixtures.
Views: 2576
Size:  44.9 KB

28. Thats a fair build up of cards early on! Bit worried? Not a terrible start, December looks like a tough month!

29. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Thats a fair build up of cards early on! Bit worried? Not a terrible start, December looks like a tough month!
    14 yellow cards in 4 matches? worried...... nah *lights cigar*

30. Haha the Liverpool United derby looked tasty. Lol. Great start

31. A good start so far ! Also once again the layout is amazing !! Well done !

32. Long debut hattrick!

33. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Long debut hattrick!
    I know! Cheeky git goes and makes himself a sure pick fort he next few games

Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    A good start so far ! Also once again the layout is amazing !! Well done !
    Cheers my friend, glad you like it

Haha the Liverpool United derby looked tasty. Lol. Great start
    Aye, it was a fun game. I felt we could have gotten the win and United were lucky to take the draw
    kolas79 likes this.

34. Sell sturridge and get saido berahino (english) or kuki (as backup)
    kevin stewart is a good backup for wing back n def midfielder

Be careful about some players asking for better contract after good run of forms.
    In save my save, emre can and firmino asked for better contract. I told them, they still got plenty time on contract.
    Ended up asking for transfer request
    damn spice boys!

35. Out of interest, has Klopp got himself another job?

36. Glad to see this one back! Always enjoy your updates and presentation. Expectations are definitely higher this year than ever before, you've got a great squad at your disposal can't wait to see where you'll take them!

37. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldz123 View Post
    Sell sturridge and get saido berahino (english) or kuki (as backup)
    kevin stewart is a good backup for wing back n def midfielder

Be careful about some players asking for better contract after good run of forms.
    In save my save, emre can and firmino asked for better contract. I told them, they still got plenty time on contract.
    Ended up asking for transfer request
    damn spice boys!
    Cheers for the suggestion but it's unlikely i'd try to sing anyone, considering I've just taken Long into the squad, I've Origi on the fringes looking to push into the first team and Woodburn with huge potential.

I'm usually quite careful about contracts and weight them up against their performances. For players like Firminho, I'd probably be willing to meet the wage demands he's asking for given how versatile he is and how well he's been playing (assuming he's been playing well).

Out of interest, has Klopp got himself another job?
    Nope, still unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherSpecialOne View Post
    Glad to see this one back! Always enjoy your updates and presentation. Expectations are definitely higher this year than ever before, you've got a great squad at your disposal can't wait to see where you'll take them!
    To be honest, the squad isn't that much different from last season. A few changes that make the squad more balanced but the key players are unchanged. Expectations are only higher since there's more belief. I'll be trying to get the best out of them, no worries about that!

38. I followed your career last year but very rarely commented, it was class, hoping this is just as good as I'm in from the start this year around!

39. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3w View Post
    I followed your career last year but very rarely commented, it was class, hoping this is just as good as I'm in from the start this year around!
    cheers my friend, glad to have you on board.

40. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 1651

Name:  month.png
Views: 1629
Size:  53.1 KB

Name:  Crystal-Palace.jpg
Views: 1680
Size:  45.9 KB

Views: 1647
Size:  240.7 KB

Gutted to conceded so late on. Getting shots on target is a problem at the moment. Not
    sure if it's tactic or BETA but ah well, onwards and upwards.

Name:  Arsenal.png
Views: 1700
Size:  653.5 KB

Views: 1631
Size:  256.6 KB

We stole a point here from a high flying Arsenal team, scoring with our only shot on target.
    Long taking the chance and proving just how good an acquisition he is.

Name:  749_b.jpg
Views: 1620
Size:  12.2 KB

Views: 1633
Size:  271.8 KB

What a win away from home in the cup. Always a hug fixture when we meet our north-west

Views: 1630
Size:  262.3 KB
Views: 1623
Size:  340.3 KB

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, United and City all beaten in this round so
    the cup is ours for the taking if we can keep our performances up.

Name:  hull-cityjpg.jpg
Views: 1661
Size:  52.9 KB

Views: 1606
Size:  235.6 KB

The Hull Keeper played a blinder and restricted the scoreline to one but it could
    have been so much more. At least 3 clear cut chances

Name:  bpl-barclays-premier-league-logo.png
Views: 1615
Size:  77.0 KB
Views: 1609
Size:  244.8 KB

41. Huge win in the cup when it was needed!

42. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 1596
Size:  781.4 KB
Views: 1564
Size:  64.5 KB

43. "injured catching a ball" ffs! haha
    HomerPimpson likes this.

44. Thats got to hurt breaking a finger, catching a ball. lol. Great updates man.
    HomerPimpson likes this.

45. Death Ball's Avatar Death Ball
    Modern Day Legend
    What a joke of physios! He breaks a finger, they wrap all the arm except the fingers!
    Brendn and 1magine like this.

46. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3w View Post
    "injured catching a ball" ffs! haha
    Thats got to hurt breaking a finger, catching a ball. lol. Great updates man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Ball View Post
    What a joke of physios! He breaks a finger, they wrap all the arm except the fingers!

I'm thinking a bout sacking my high profile female team doctor.... nothing could go wrong with that eh?

47. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    I'm thinking a bout sacking my high profile female team doctor.... nothing could go wrong with that eh?
    Don't tell me you sacked her?Did she take you to court and is that the reason why you haven't posted in the last few days?
    Brendn likes this.

48. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrio View Post
    Don't tell me you sacked her?Did she take you to court and is that the reason why you haven't posted in the last few days?
    I haven't posted in the past few days because I've been swamped at work. Got through the month, just need to put up the update; which should be due out tonight.

49. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    I haven't posted in the past few days because I've been swamped at work. Got through the month, just need to put up the update; which should be due out tonight.
    Looking forward to it mate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO