Like Tree88Likes

Liverpool Long Term Story
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1. Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear30 View Post
    a tough couple of games navigated well done beating City & Real
    Thanks mate, surprised to beat them both to be honest but the teams doing well!

2. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  10.6 KB

Roberto Firmino obviously got the nod with Origi out injured and he immediately hit top form with a hatrick of goals! He was the difference and we looked comfortably in the game but unfortunately the team did get a bit complacent late on, with goals from Alderweireld and Eriksen but we did manage to hold out to win the game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1377
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1096035

We knew that this game was moved to the Friday, giving us four days rest before the Dortmund game, I did plan to rest a few more players but just a couple of changes, including out of form Coutinho for Ojo. It's also worth a mention that we can potentially lift the title with a win here and what a way to do at our local rivals place!

Brilliant goal from Emre Can today, who's been playing further forward in midfield in recent games, unfortunately though Everton came back, scoring from a headed goal from the corner. I think we missed Coutinho today, Ojo had a chance late on and his inexperience seemed to show, with a weak effort. A missed opportunity then but we've still got games to come.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1372
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1096034

Take a bow Firmino, another hat trick in a big game, what a performance again from him and what a win! Those three goals could have landed us a place in the final, all we need to do now is put in a good performance in the second leg.

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1379
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1096033

We knew before this game, after Arsenal couldn't get the better of relegation threatened Leicester, in a 1-1 draw, that we've won the title!! Finally we have brought it home, i was a little concerned that the team might become complacent after Arsenal drew earlier that day but Firmino had other ideas, he added two more goals to take his tally to eight goals in his last four games!

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1375
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1096032

I'm so so happy with this one, it's great to finally lift the Premier League title after all the times Liverpool have messed it up. With two games to spare as well! It's a great achievement and hopefully it will be the first of many in this story, let's hope Klopp can lead Liverpool to a title this season as well.

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	1374
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1096031

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	1380
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1096030

We've done it!! We've won the league and we did it in style, still winning games and dropping points to Everton didn't matter because we've won our other games. Find out next time if we can make the Champions League final after a tough away game in Dortmund and we also play two final league games but with the title wrapped up, we can afford to try out a few youngsters.

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	1382
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1096036

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	1368
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1096037
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 17/06/2017 at 11:00 AM.

3. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 1293
    I feel like we could of won this game, we had the better chances and probably should have gone in to half time a goal or two ahead. I feel like Dortmund grew in confidence as we missed chances, Coutinho hit the post and Grujic had his penalty saved, in the second half they looked better and with Lovren going off injured for young Joe Gomez, they got at him. They scored twice and just needed one more goal to level the tie, however they conceded another penalty late on and Divock Origi made sure this time, converting from the spot.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1296
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1096731

Cavani continued his goal scoring form in the Champions League with two more goals against Bayern, in the Semis. Taking his tally to 20 goals in 12 appearences in the Champions League this season, Origi can find himself unlucky that he's not top goalscorer with 14 goals in just 7 starts! Four appearances from the bench as well and those two goals from Cavani helped PSG in to the Final, winning 3-1 on aggregate, we will play PSG in the final then.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1303
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	1096732

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1294
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1096733

It wasn't a great performance, we did create the odd chance but nowhere near enough. Villa didn't test our goal much though, I played a few young players but I thought we'd have enough to see them off. Origi started up front after returning from injury but the team definitely got complacent after winning the league.

Views:	1295
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1096734

I wanted the team to put on a good show for the fans in what has been a brilliant league campaign. They did exactly that, we struggled to make the breakthrough but a bit of magic from a Charlie Taylor free kick, curling in from distance gave us the lead and after that we never looked like losing, goals from centre backs Lovren and Matip. There was also a goal for Divock Origi coming off the bench.

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	1310
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1096735

I was really tempted to play Divock Origi after he came off the bench to score against Watford and the stats will tell you he's scored more than Roberto Firmino, he's played more games too although Firmino did get injured for six weeks, back in January. So Firmino does start then as a played a bit of a defensive game, coming up against not just Cavani but also Angel Di Maria having the season of his life as well.

My scouts made the point of highlighting Di Maria, on that left hand side and Faouzi Ghoulam signed from Napoli at left back, isn't half bad either. Clyne took a yellow card early in the game against Di Maria and struggled all game, eventually getting sent off but at the other end of the pitch we did manage to take the lead, a strike from Sadio Mane! Thiago Silva with the mistake.

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	1299
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1096736

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	1297
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	1096737

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	1291
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1096738

Clyne unfortunately did get sent off with twenty minutes to go and it was definitely time to secure this lead and make sure we hold out for the win! Quite remarkably we somehow managed to do that and I still can't quite believe it! We've done it, we've not just won the league, we're lifting the Champions League as well!! I'm so surprised but I'll definitely take it, what a season!

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	1302
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1096739
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 17/06/2017 at 11:04 AM.

4. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 1218

What a season for Liverpool in the league, we wanted to build on finishing second last year and winning the title, finishing first, we've done that! Arsenal, United and Man City completed the top four with Spurs dropping out and Chelsea having a horrid season. At the other end of the table Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea and Leicester got relegated to the Championship and it might be worth having a look at a few of Leicesters players this summer.

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	1233
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	1097377

Harry Kane yet again won every end of season award and much to my frustration. Mane, Coutinho and Origi where all in with a shout and even Icardi who scored 38 goals in 38 games for Arsenal. I've got no idea why Kane won it, we had worthy winners who should of took those awards after winning the league! Icardi was top goalscorer with Kane coming second and Origi in third.

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	1221
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1097378

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	1224
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1097379

Name:	14.jpg
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1097380

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1097381

Our centre backs have enjoyed another top notch season, commanding their box and both Matip and Lovren deserve their place in the Team of the Year. Coutinho and Mane also got in to the team after quality seasons from them, for me one of them should have won Player of the Year.

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	1218
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	1097382

The World Cup is coming up this summer and ten Liverpool players will be represented. Joe Gomez and Sheyi Ojo break into the England side. I was surprised to see Ojo there after a poor end to the season, you can expect an update from the World Cup.

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	1219
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1097383

Cavani of course won the Champions League Golden Boot in what must have been a record breaking season but unfortunately for him he couldn't win the Champions League to back it up. Origi came in second with 14 goals in just 7 starts and Suarez came third with ten in ten. In the Dream Team, no less than seven Liverpool players in that team, if PSG had won the final, that may have be the case for their players.

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	1222
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1097384

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	1232
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	1097385

What a season we've had this year! The wide duo of Mane and Coutinho amassed 30 goals and 40 assists over the season, while Origi scored 42 goals in 40 starts, Firmino chipped in with 26 goals in 26 starts. At the other end of the pitch, Charlie Taylor started to play over James Milner at left back, towards the end of the season and he didn't look out of place, MIlner turned 32 this year.

There's consistency all throughout and real breakthrough seasons for a number of young English players this year, Cameron Brannagan, Trent Alexander Arnold and particularly Joe Gomez. Who deserves his call up to England, hes often been third choice centre back this season. Marko Grujic wasn't bad either, he also played more games and he is progressing really well.

Name:	20.jpg
Views:	1226
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	1097386

Dejan Lovren won the Fans Player of the Season for the second year running, with Matip coming in second and Mane third, I would of gone for Mane this season, as Player of the Season, he's been out of this world, scoring 12 goals and assisting 24 times. I've seen the games and he's scored big goals and assisting from a wide position when we've needed a goal, no goal was more important than the only goal of the Champions League Final. Divock Origi won Young Player of the Season and Harry Wilson won Goal of the Season, with his freekick against Man City.

Name:	21.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1097387

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	1223
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1097388

Plenty of good news on the Liverpool front as we approach the transfer window, we announced plans to expand the stadium for the second time in just a couple of years, now taking our capacity to nearly 60k. The club also decided to upgrade the clubs training facilities. In the next post i'll be doing a two year squad update, showing screenshots and seeing just how players have progressed over these last two years.

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	1218
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1097389

Name:	24.jpg
Views:	1215
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1097390
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 09/01/2017 at 10:35 AM.
    Telstar likes this.

5. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 1181
    Squad Update One - Goalkeepers

Name:  graab.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  9.6 KB
    We'll start with Loris Karius and he's had a good season in our second season, performed well and progressed really well in training. I gave him the first season to settle in England, while Mignolet played that season and I think that really helped him, he actually declined a little after the first season but this season he's improved a lot. It's nice to see his handling improve slightly because he's been training to get better at that, hopefully he can continue his good form moving in to next season.

Name:	karius 3.jpg
Views:	1182
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1097615

Name:	karius 1.jpg
Views:	1191
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1097608

Name:	karius 2.jpg
Views:	1192
ID:	1097611

Danny Ward hasn't represented Liverpool over the past two years but he's had decent loan spells at Huddersfield and then West Brom, for the second half of last season. I'm not sure he's got the right attributes to play as a sweeper keeper, his one v ones and reflexes could do with some improvement but to be fair he is a solid goalkeeper. I'm not sure if he'll play for us and I don't think he'll be here much longer.

Name:	ward 3.jpg
Views:	1164
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1097613

Name:	ward 1.jpg
Views:	1186
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1097609

Name:	ward 2.jpg
Views:	1189
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1097610

Our third choice keeper young Kamil Grabara has progressed really well in training over the past few years and if Danny Ward does leave you can expect to see him play a few games as our second choice keeper in the next few years. He is still very young though at just 19 years old.

Name:	graab.jpg
Views:	1178
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1097614

Name:	grabara 1.jpg
Views:	1178
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1097606

Name:	grabara 2.jpg
Views:	1182
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1097607

Attached Images     
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 10/01/2017 at 01:33 PM.

6. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 1135
    Squad Update One - Full Backs

Views:	1136
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1097696

Clyne has been very consistent over these last couple of years and at 27 years old, you can expect to see him signing a new deal this summer, with just two years left on his current deal. He hasn't developed much in training but he's not a young player anymore, he's very much at the peak of his career right now.

Name:	clyne3.jpg
Views:	1145
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1097689

Name:	clyne1.jpg
Views:	1139
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1097688

Name:	clyne2.jpg
Views:	1131
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1097687

Such has been the growing performances of Trent Alexander-Arnold, that could well see Clyne leave the club in the near future. He really is progressing incredibly well, I think another season or two of rotating in and out for the smaller games, replacing Nathaniel Clyne, this lad should be ready.

Name:	alexander3.jpg
Views:	1134
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1097683

Name:	alexander1.jpg
Views:	1134
ID:	1097681

Name:	alexander2.jpg
Views:	1135
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1097682

Milner was solid and reliable at left back for us, in the first season but more recent performances have started to suggest he may be past his best. At 32 years old, he hasn't got too many years left and with just one year left on his huge 140k per week contract, he probably won't be in the team too much next season.

Name:	milner3.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1097692

Name:	milner1.jpg
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1097690

Name:	milner2.jpg
Views:	1136
ID:	1097691

Left back has always been a problem for Liverpool in recent years but towards the end of the season Charlie Taylor really stepped up in that role. He hasn't improved massively but he's definitely getting better since hitting form, I just hope he can keep it up.

Name:	taylor3.jpg
Views:	1129
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1097695

Name:	taylor1.jpg
Views:	1127
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1097693

Name:	taylor2.jpg
Views:	1127
ID:	1097694

You can expect to see Ben Chilwell starting in some of the cup games next season, over the ageing James Milner. His attributes haven't really changed and he did have a poor loan spell at Ipswich before joining Liverpool, he needs to play more football and next season will be his opportunity.

Name:	chilwell3.jpg
Views:	1130
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1097686

Name:	chilwell1.jpg
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1097684

Name:	chilwell2.jpg
Views:	1137
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1097685

Last edited by MisterObjective; 30/04/2017 at 05:46 AM.

7. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 1027
    Squad Update One - Centre Backs

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	1031
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1098737

Matip has been incredible these last two years, a beast in defence and he's even getting a consistent tally of goals. What more can you ask for in your centre back, on a free transfer and with just two years left on his deal, you can expect to see him signing a new deal very soon. It's worth a mention that Matip has been training his agility and that has improved a lot in the last few years.

Name:	matip1.jpg
Views:	1033
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1098745

Name:	matip2.jpg
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1098746

Name:	matip3.jpg
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	1098747

Dejan Lovren has probably been on the same level, on a par with Joel Matip. Even to the surprise of the fans, being named Player of the Season, two seasons in a row. Our two man pairing in defence of Matip and Lovren has been truly inspirational and I don't think they're done yet.

Name:	lovren1.jpg
Views:	1030
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1098742

Name:	lovren2.jpg
Views:	1024
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1098743

Name:	lovren3.jpg
ID:	1098744

Joe Gomez is progressing really well as he approaches an age where he should be pushing for a place in the first team but it won't be easy for him to displace one of Joel Matip or Dejan Lovren. Although Lovren does turn 29 next month, at 21 years old Gomez might have to wait another year or two, before he's really pushing for that spot, that might not necessarily be a bad thing though, 21 is still a tender age for a centre back.

Name:	gomez1.jpg
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1098732

Name:	gomez2.jpg
Views:	1023
ID:	1098733

Name:	gomez3.jpg
Views:	1032
ID:	1098734

Klavan has declined a bit since joining the club in 2016 but he's a older head in this side. He hasn't had much game time as fourth choice centre back but when called upon, he's looked quite good, especially in the second season. With just one year left on his contract and not on a massive contract, I can see him signing for one more year.

Name:	klavan1.jpg
Views:	1025
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1098739

Name:	klavan2.jpg
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1098740

Name:	klavan3.jpg
Views:	1022
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1098741

There were a couple of young players i signed up from the under 18s last summer and Parker was one of them. He's progressing really well in training and maybe a loan deal for him in the future but i'm still trying to tutor him.

Name:	parker1.jpg
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1098748

Name:	parker2.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1098749

Name:	parker3.jpg
Views:	1020
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1098750

Sean Jones remains the only regen to sign for the club for now but there is a couple of youngsters in the under 18s that you might well hear about in the next few years. Jones has been developing well in training but there's plenty of improvements to be made, the lads got plenty of time.

Name:	jones1.jpg
Views:	1026
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1098735

Name:	jones2.jpg
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1098736

Name:	jones3.jpg
ID:	1098738

Last edited by MisterObjective; 17/01/2017 at 01:15 PM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

8. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 974
    Squad Update One - Midfielders

Name:	25.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1098967

It's been a bit of a struggle to find exactly where Hendersons best position is, for the second half of last season, he's been playing that deeper role in defensive midfield ahead of Emre Can. He only really played that position when Can was injured or suspended previously, often playing further forward in central midfield. He's progressing well in training and with just two years left on his current deal, I can see him signing a new contract this summer and being our defensive midfielder next season.

Name:	hendo1.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1098961

Name:	hendo2.jpg
Views:	974
ID:	1098962

Name:	hendo3.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	1098963

Part of the reason I've moved Can further forward, swapping roles with Henderson is because I think he offers a bit more in the final third of the pitch. Emre Can has also picked up a ton of yellow cards in that defensive role and he's been booked a lot less since moving position although Henderson is no stranger to a yellow card. His involvement in the first team has seen him improve massively as a player and at 24 years old, I think it's
    about
    time we see him step up as a player.

Name:	can1.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1098949

Name:	can2.jpg
Views:	974
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1098950

Name:	can3.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1098951

Pedro Chirivella enjoyed a decent season on loan at Preston in our first season and he only played a few games in the second season, mainly in the cup. He looked pretty good in them games though, he needs to work on his tackling though, hopefully he'll be challenging for a first team place in the next few years.

Name:	chirivella1.jpg
Views:	976
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1098952

Name:	chirivella2.jpg
Views:	977
ID:	1098953

Name:	chirivella3.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1098954

Wijnaldum enjoyed a fine first season at Liverpool and he's continued that form going into last season. He might not have contributed with as many goals and assists this season but he was sometimes playing further forward in the first season, not the best player in our team but consistent and reliable.

Name:	wijnaldum1.jpg
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1098964

Name:	wijnaldum2.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	1098965

Name:	wijnaldum3.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1098966

Young serbian box to box midfielder Marko Grujic had limited opportunities in the first season but in our second year he's really starting to step up, still a little inconsistent but if he keeps playing, he'll only get better! Progressing really well in training as well.

Name:	grujic1.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1098958

Name:	grujic2.jpg
Views:	966
ID:	1098959

Name:	grujic3.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1098960

Cameron Brannagan also had a break out season in the second year after not featuring much in the first season. He's fourth choice in those two central midfielder roles so he doesn't play every week but when he's played, he's done really well and also progressing really well in training.

Name:	brannagan1.jpg
ID:	1098946

Name:	brannagan2.jpg
Views:	957
ID:	1098947

Name:	brannagan3.jpg
ID:	1098948

There hasn't been many opportunities for Ovie Ejaria to break in to the first team in recent years, he's only made a handful of first team appearances. Unfortunately for him he's fifth choice in those two attacking central midfield roles, he hasn't improved that much either but hopefully we will see more of him, in the coming years.

Name:	ejaria1.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1098955

Name:	ejaria2.jpg
Views:	963
ID:	1098956

Name:	ejaria3.jpg
Views:	961
ID:	1098957

If Ejaria has struggled to break in to the first team then Allan definitely falls in to that category. He didn't have a great loan spell at Hertha Berlin in our first season and he didn't showed much last season either, not progressing in training and with just one year left on his contract, I think the Brazilian will be on his way this summer.

Name:	allan1.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1098943

Name:	allan2.jpg
ID:	1098944

Name:	allan3.jpg
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1098945

Last edited by MisterObjective; 30/04/2017 at 05:52 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

9. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 952
    Squad Up
    date One - Attacking Midfielders

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	951
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1099044

Sadio Mane has been one of our best players these past two seasons, he's scored and provided assists for key goals on so many occasions. I am a little bit worried about his fitness at the minute, he started 55 games last season and he's just about to go with Senegal to the World Cup. The player has also been working on his crossing, which has improved and he improved massively on his assists from his first season tally of 11 to a brilliant 24 in his second season.

Name:	mane1.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1099035

Name:	mane2.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1099037

Name:	mane3.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1099036

In terms of ability the best player in our team, Coutinho is progressing in to a world class player, his attributes are looking scary right now. If he continues to improve I could quite easily see him moving in to one of those two central midfield roles, probably the left sided one, making room for one talented left footed winger, who we have an abundance of at the club.

Name:	coutinho1.jpg
Views:	956
ID:	1099029

Name:	coutinho2.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1099030

Name:	coutinho3.jpg
Views:	946
ID:	1099031

As you can see by his first screenshot, it was clear that Willson would need to bulk up and improve on his strength, he's definitely done that but there's still room to improve. His physical attributes in general could do with improving, his fairly low natural fitness and stamina, means he wouldn't play twice a week, all season like Coutinho and Mane but towards the end of the season, he was first substitute for those wide positions. Kent has been poor all season and even Ojo, started to see a dip in his form come the last few months of the season.

Name:	wilson1.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1099041

Name:	wilson2.jpg
Views:	948
ID:	1099042

Name:	wilson3.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1099043

Ojo breakthrough in our first season but this second year he's been a bit inconsistent, really poor towards the end of the season. Despite that the lad is really showing development in training and hopefully, after just making his international debut for England, alongside Joe Gomez, against Burkina Faso, they can both cha
    llenge for a place in the first team next season.

Name:	ojo1.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1099038

Name:	ojo2.jpg
Views:	947
ID:	1099039

Name:	ojo3.jpg
Views:	950
ID:	1099040

Ryan Kent had a poor loan spell at Barnsley in his first year and he hasn't showed me anything this season either, with just two years left on his contract you can be sure he'll be moving on this summer. There's other young players who deserve a chance and he's just not good enough.

Name:	kent1.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1099032

Name:	kent2.jpg
ID:	1099033

Name:	kent3.jpg
ID:	1099034

Rafeal Camacho is actually a player i had no control over signing a new deal with the club, he'd already agreed to sign a three year deal when he turned 17, during our first season, under the previous management. Even training with the under 18s in the first season and spending time out on loan at Swindon last season, he's still managed to improve considerably as a player and he hasn't even trained with the first team yet. A player that catches my eye, definitely going to take a look at him next season.

Name:	camacho1.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1099026

Name:	camacho2.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1099027

Name:	camacho3.jpg
Views:	945
ID:	1099028

Last edited by MisterObjective; 30/04/2017 at 05:56 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

10. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 885
    Squad Update One - Strikers

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1099153

Roberto Firmino is one of the best attacking players in the team but the question is, does he get in our first team ahead of Divock Origi? He probably gets in for the big games because he plays a different role up front, that false nine role that sees him drop in to midfield and create space for other attacking players but Origi played more games last season. Fantastic player, I have considered selling him to make Origi first choice but that competition for the striking position has to be a good thing.

Name:	firmino1.jpg
Views:	889
ID:	1099141

Name:	firmino2.jpg
Views:	885
ID:	1099142

Name:	firmino3.jpg
Views:	888
ID:	1099143

What a player Divock Origi is progressing in to, he's turning in to a complete striker, he has everything in his game and at 23 years old, he still has even more room for improvement. His form over the last two years has been quite incredible and I never expected him to score so many goals but long may it continue!

Name:	origi1.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1099144

Name:	origi2.jpg
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1099145

Name:	origi3.jpg
ID:	1099146

Sturridge hasn't had the best of times at Liverpool over the past two years, he's hardly played and that's because the two players above him just haven't give him a sniff. His physical attributes continue to decline as well, he's got to be on his way out this summer.

Name:	sturridge1.jpg
Views:	887
ID:	1099147

Name:	sturridge2.jpg
ID:	1099148

Name:	sturridge3.jpg
Views:	888
ID:	1099149

Ben Woodburn has actually played more games than Sturridge over these two seasons which shows how much faith I have in him. He has improved a little but not majorly, the lad really needs a tutor to help him progress as a player but at just 18 years old, he's got plenty of time to get better.

Name:	woodburn1.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1099150

Name:	woodburn2.jpg
ID:	1099151

Name:	woodburn3.jpg
Views:	884
ID:	1099152

It's a difficult situation to deal with Taiwo Awoniyi because he doesn't have a work permit yet. I tried to get the board to setup an affiliate club to work around work permits, they could only manage to organise a link in Ireland with St Pats Athletic, that would see a player spending 5 years at the club to gain a work permit! Awoniyi had already gone out on loan in our first season to Dutch side N.E.C and upon returning my scouts told me that if he spent four years in Holland, he could be awarded Dutch citizenship and thus gain a work permit.

That meant Taiwo spent another year in Holland last season, with AZ Alkmaar, continued to score goals and even getting some valuable expeirence in the Europa League. It's going to be a long old stretch to get him finally playing but he's definitely got age on his side and with no less than 52 teams, offering to take him on loan last season! Eight of those teams were from the Eredivisie so we shouldn't have any trouble finding him a club in the Netherlands for the next two years. With just one year left on his contract, you can expect to see that extended this summer.

Name:	awoniyi1.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1099138

Name:	awoniyi2.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1099139

Name:	awoniyi3.jpg
Views:	882
ID:	1099140

Last edited by MisterObjective; 19/01/2017 at 04:50 PM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

11. Really enjoying this focus on the young players already at the club and giving them chances. Great to see, keep up the good work!

12. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Really enjoying this focus on the young players already at the club and giving them chances. Great to see, keep up the good work!
    Thanks bro, that's the idea! You can't really see the progress from some of the young players in just two years but hopefully we will see big improvements in the next squad update. The last squad update for strikers will be up in a minute.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

13. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 1022
    Name:  z.png
Views: 1027
Size:  84.8 KB
    The opening game to kick off the 2018 World Cup in Russia, was Russia vs Holland and Wijanldum starred in a 4-2 win for the Dutch players, contributing a goal and an assist. Elsewhere in Belgium's dramatic 4-3 win over the U.S.A, with Divock Origi scoring twice, he also enjoyed himself in the second match with two assists.

Name:	2.1.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	1106598

Name:	2.2.jpg
Views:	1037
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	1106599

Name:	2.3.jpg
Views:	1030
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	1106600

Roberto Firmino scored an important goal to help Brazil qualify, earning a draw against Japan but for Firmino and Coutinho too, it wasn't a tournament to remember as they largely disappointed but Brazil did manage to reach the Quarter Finals, eventually being knocked out by Italy. Origi continued his goalscoring form with two more goals against Sadio Mane and Senegal, knocking them out in the round of 16.

Name:	2.4.png
Views:	1034
Size:	830.5 KB
ID:	1106601

Name:	2.5.png
Views:	1029
Size:	831.0 KB
ID:	1106602

Senegal and England did incredibly well to qualify from a group containing Argentina and Portugal but unfortunately England couldn't get past the round of 16 either, losing 1-0 to Spain. Not for the first time in this tournament, two Liverpool players faced each other in a match, Wijnaldum scoring for Holland and Origi for Belgium but it wasn't enough for his side, losing the game 2-1 to Holland in the Quarter Finals.

Name:	2.7.png
Size:	830.3 KB
ID:	1106604

Name:	2.6.png
Size:	719.4 KB
ID:	1106603

Holland went on to lose on penalties against Italy and in the final, Spain seen out the Italians, winning on penalties. A tournament to remember for Divock Origi, claiming the Best Player award, ahead of Lionel Messi, he also came second in the Goal of the Tournament award, with a very nice goal against the U.S.A. He also came third in the Golden Boot award and he was the only Liverpool player to make the Dream Team.

Name:	2.10.jpg
Views:	1022
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	1106607

Name:	2.9.jpg
Views:	1017
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1106606

Name:	2.8.jpg
Views:	1016
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1106605

Last edited by MisterObjective; 30/04/2017 at 06:04 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

14. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 937
    I applied for a work permit for Taiwo Awoniyi but unfortunately it was rejected, he did sign a new long term deal with the club though, along with Ben Woodburn, Rhian Brewster and Harry Wilson. Key players also commited their future to the club this summer, with just two years left on their contract, Jordan Henderson, Joel Matip and Nathaniel Clyne all signed up.

Name:	1.1.jpg
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1106949

Name:	1.2.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1106950

Name:	1.6.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1106954

Name:	1.7.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1106955

Name:	1.3.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1106951

Name:	1.5.jpg
Views:	944
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1106953

Name:	1.4.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1106952

Name:	1.8.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1106956

Two players I looked at this summer, both making a move were Kevin De Bruyne, moving from Man CIty to PSG and Eden Hazard moving from Chelsea, who finished out of the Champions League, most likely as a replacement for De Bruyne at Man City.

Name:	1.10.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1106958

Name:	1.9.jpg
ID:	1106957

Awoniyi also looked good on loan in Holland last season, Danny Ward did a good job on loan at West Brom and there's a couple of young regens, applying themselves in the lower leagues of English football.

Name:	1.11.png
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1106959

Pre season didn't have the best of starts for Harry Wilson, suffering an injury keeping him out for 4-5 weeks. Cameron Brannagan also unfortunately got injured as well, being out for a similar amount of time.

Name:	1.12.jpg
Views:	938
ID:	1106960

Name:	1.13.jpg
Views:	937
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1106961

A pretty easy pre season for the team in the end, winning all of our games. We kicked things off with a win against our under 23 side and ended pre season with a 3-1 victory at Anfield against PSG. Next time we'll see just how this Liverpool team start the new season.

Name:	1.14.jpg
Views:	934
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1106962
    PatrickLFC likes this.

15. Great thread, you're doing an awesome job at Liverpool!
    MisterObjective likes this.

16. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 892
    There was talk in the squad update that Coutinho maybe moved in to a central midfield position and he played nearly every game of pre season from that position and didn't look bad either but it may take some time before he's comfortably in that position. With that said though, Sheyi Ojo will probably be the one to take that spot on the left wing and after a few months of the season, with the option of swapping Origi for Firmino up front, this may well turn out to be our best 11 later in the season.

Name:	3.08.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1107128

Name:	3.09.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	1107130

The first game of the season and the chance to kick things off with silverware and start how we mean to go on, for the season ahead. It was the team I just shown you that started this game, even with Coutinho still learning his position, he didn't look bad. Who else but Divock Origi, taking the plaudits with two goals and ultimately the difference between the two sides.

Name:	3.1.jpg
Views:	892
ID:	1107121

Name:	3.2.jpg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1107122

Gylfi Sigurosson will be our only signing this season, as you guys will know if you've followed the story from the start, I'm only making one signing per season, so I have to make sure I get it right! There were a number of signings i looked at this summer, including Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard who swapped Chelsea for Man City, he would of fit nicely on that left winger role, moving Coutinho in to midfield but I've gone for the potential of Sheyi Ojo instead.

Name:	3.07.jpg
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	1107132

I felt we needed another central midfielder, experienced
    at 28 years old, Sigurosson will provide competition for places and hopefully chip in with goals and assists. This signing also makes sense due to the absence of Marko Grujic from the squad, he was demanding a new contract at the end of the season and I wasn't offering any deals around the last few games of the season, he's been spending time with the under 23s since, still demanding a new contract.

Name:	3.3.jpg
Views:	893
ID:	1107123

Another chance to win silverware in as many games, with Clyne suspended after picking up that red card in our final game of last season against PSG, Trent Alexander-Arnold was in line to take his place for this game but unfortunately he picked up an injury the day before this game, so Joe Gomez will have to play at right back.

Name:	3.4.jpg
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1107124

We had just two days to rest and prepare for this one and with our first league game coming up in just a few days time, I really did have to rotate the team for this one, new signing Gylfi Sigurosson comes straight in after only signing the day before. He had a good game but despite having the better of the play we struggled in this game but it was up to the man of the moment, Divock Origi to come off the bench and score a late winner in added time!

Name:	3.5.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1107125

Name:	3.6.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1107126

Unfortunately Origi picked up an injury keeping him out of our next few games, remarkably he still managed to stay on the pitch and score the winner in a European final, while being injured! In his absence Firmino didn't do a great job of leading the line up front, he missed his penalty after the keeper saved. Luckily though it was a Sheyi Ojo screamer from 25 yards that made the difference early on and we deservedly won the game.

Name:	3.7.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1107127

Name:	3.8.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1107129

Last edited by MisterObjective; 17/06/2017 at 11:10 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

17. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 891
    With Origi still out, i was a bit worried about our striking options for this one but Firmino stepped up with a goal from distance and that proved to be the decisive goal, just when you think we might miss a player somebody else steps up for the team.

Name:	3.10.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1107134

The draw for the Champions League group stage was upon us and winning the league last season, I was happy going in to the draw as first seeds. Despite that though we got drawn a fairly tough group, we will play Benfica, Galatasaray and Roma over the six group stage matches. Some difficult games in there but I still fancy our chances of topping the group.

Name:	3.9.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1107133

Heading in to this game, there was a couple of players who haven't really turned up so far this season but both Sadio Mane and Emre Can, added their first goal of the campaign and two for the team early on. Two goals from Coutinho wrapped up the game to make sure that we won this one.

Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1107141

Plenty of business going on as always in the transfer window, for English sides. Of course we already knew about Hazard and De Bruyne but City also brought in young Andre Horta from Benfica, while Man United brought in Griezmann, no surprises there and they also went big for Ousmane Dembele too. Chelsea were busy too, spending the most and bringing in Leon Goretzka and Brazilian Fabinho.

Name:	3.11.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1107135

Name:	3.12.jpg
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	1107136

On to the Liverpool front and I didn't show the transfers that went on over the summer and pre season because we hadn't made our one signing yet. We've done that now and moving on to the players moving out Sturridge finally moved on after two disappointing years in Liverpool, moving to Aston Villa for £7.5M.

Name:	3.13.jpg
Views:	881
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1107137

Youngster Ryan Kent moved to Bristol City for £3M and Allan the Brazilian moved to MLS side NYCFC. Lastly, there wasn't a whole lot of interest in Danny Ward at least for a permanent move, he did move in the end to Middlesborough, who after two successive relegation's now play in League 1. I thought Ward would be playing at a higher standard but Middlesborough are a decent sized club and will hopefully be back to the Championship next season and the Premier League in the future. The player was sold for £1M but we do have a buy back clause however of £5M.

Name:	3.14.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	1107138

I couldn't of asked for a better start to the season than that! Two trophies right off the mark, in our first two matches and five wins out of five, including a big away win against Man United. Next time we've got some more huge games coming up, an away trip to Chelsea, the start of our Champions League return and another difficult game against United.

Name:	3.15.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1107139
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 17/06/2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Neeeko and PatrickLFC like this.

18. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 830
    Another re-development of Anfield has been completed this month and ready for the new season. It really has been a fortress for us over the previous seasons and hopefully the extra fans can continue that tradition.

Name:	4.1.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1107289

I was expecting a really tough game against Chelsea but not for the first time, we counter attacked really well. Charlie Taylor gave us the lead from a brilliant free kick and from then on in, the result never looked in doubt, Firmino added two more to keep up his goal-scoring form and complete a great victory.

Name:	4.2.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1107290

Unfortunately Firmino had to come off injured early in this game and it's disappointing because he'll be out for 6-7 weeks now. His replacement Divock Origi took all of about two minutes to open the scoring, taking his chance immediately and scoring three more, taking his tally to four in the game, in a dominating performance!

Name:	4.3.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1107291

Name:	4.4.jpg
Views:	839
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1107292

I've got to say, it looked like we were struggling in this game. We just couldn't break them down and they had chances as well, they did get a man sent off late on though after a bad tackle on Ben Woodburn. We left it late but Cameron Brannagan scored an absolute peach from distance, late in to added time.

Name:	4.5.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1107293

I thought that I'd be in with a chance in this game, playing in the EFL Cup, I thought United may rotate their team a bit. Mourinho never misses a trick though and barring the injured Firmino we went full with a full strength team, as did United. A really dirty game god knows how many yellow cards, luckily for us Pereira got himself booked for a second yellow card and we had to push on to try and win the game. It took us until late on in extra time but it was Sadio Mane who provided the all important goal, Brannagan coming off the bench, he made a contribution assisting the goal after his shot was tipped on to the post and Mane converted the rebound.

Name:	4.6.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1107294

We've continued our fantastic start to the season with four wins out of four and some really big ones in there too, a huge victory against Chelsea away from home and a really hard fought victory against our biggest rivals Man United. Next time we've got a couple of league games, including a tough trip to Tottenham, we also have a difficult game in the Champions League, at home to Roma.

Name:	4.7.jpg
Views:	836
ID:	1107295
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 17/06/2017 at 11:18 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

19. Great results! Keep up the good work!

20. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 691
    Bournemouth actually come in to this one in 2nd place behind Liverpool in 1st, they had four wins from their first five league games and after just playing United three days before, going through in extra time, I knew I would have to make changes for this game. Having said that I wasn't expecting to win 5-0, Origi was back on the score sheet, with two goals after he didn't score in our last two games, and substitutes Ojo and Camacho looked promising coming on, Camacho with his first goal and Ojo with two assists and a goal in just half an hour.

Name:	5.1.jpg
Views:	691
ID:	1112261

Who else but DIvock Origi with the only goal of the game, he did miss a penalty early on but he fully redeemed himself by jinking past his man and smashing home, in to the bottom corner. That was enough to secure a crucial three points for the team.

Name:	5.2.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1112262

Brilliant performance from the team away from home, Divock Origi with two goals continuing his fantastic form and Jordan Henderson with a rare goal from a free kick none the less. Clyne did unfortunately get himself sent off in the second half, for a second yellow card but we managed to see out the game with Emre Can at right back. massive win against Spurs and we really are looking good this season.

Name:	5.3.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1112263

Yet to play this season, James Milner picked up an unfortunate injury but with Charlie Taylor and Ben Chilwell, i'm not too concerned. Trent Alexander-Arnold came in for the suspended Clyne for this one and he didn't look at all out of place. It was a tail of the old boys, with Sadio Mane and Dejan Lovren scoring the all important goals, against their former club. Origi added a third in a convincing display that keeps up our good form.

Name:	5.4.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1112264

Name:	5.5.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1112265

We just keep winning and winning, our fantastic run to start this season continues with some dominating displays, beating Spurs 3-0 at their own place! Bournemouth was a big game and we smashed them off the pitch 5-0. Find out next time if we can keep this incredible run going, there's a tough away game against Benfica, in the Champions League and we've got some must win league games.

Name:	5.6.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1112266
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 09:36 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

21. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 912
    I rotated a couple of players in for this game, Arnold continued at right back, Gomez come in for Lovren and Brannagan replaced Wijnaldum in midfield. Benfica were second in the group and we probably underestimated them a little bit, a close game but we narrowly missed out with a 1-0 defeat. I'm disappointed because we missed chances and definitely should have took something from the game, they actually top the group with that win, overtaking us but we can still top the group, if we win our last games.

Name:	6.1.jpg
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	1112671

Ben Chilwell played his first game for Liverpool here, in place of the suspended Charlie Taylor. On to the game then and we really didn't show up, our attacking players were really poor on the day we just couldn't create anything, a really poor result but we didn't lose, which is a plus.

Name:	6.2.jpg
Views:	914
ID:	1112672

I wanted to rotate the team again with a premier league game coming up in just three days time. Big goals from the centre backs today, making sure of the points but it was Divock Origi's goal that was the all important one, he missed a chance early in the game and he's missed a few lately but he stepped up and slotted the penalty. We will play Championship side Brentford in the Quarter Finals of the EFL Cup.

Name:	6.3.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1112673

Name:	6.4.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1112674

What a performance from the lads! Three goals for our striker on form again, Divock Origi, who just keeps banging them in! Sigurosson wanted a chance in the first team, after his summer move, despite already playing a handful of games and he delivered starting the match today, with two goals. Wijnaldum come off the bench in the second half to make it six.

Name:	6.5.jpg
Views:	908
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1112675

A tough start to this update, after not just our unbeaten run but our amazing winning run came to an end with a loss in Portugal and then a draw against West Brom but the lads showed that it was just a blip and got back to winning ways, ending with a 6-1 thrashing of Hull. Next time a chance to get revenge on Benfica, at home in the Champions League, we also have a tough away trip to Stoke and we play Galatasaray and City at home as well.

Name:	6.6.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1112676
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 09:38 AM.
    ayoalex and PatrickLFC like this.

22. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 841
    After they beat us away, I was done rotating the team and went with a much stronger side for this game. That really showed in the first half, we absolutely smashed them and deservedly lead by two goals at the break. In the second half they came back in to it with a goal from Jonas but another goal from Coutinho and a wonder striker from the returning Roberto Firmino, made sure we got the win.

Name:	7.1.jpg
Views:	859
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1112794

Unfortunately Firmino picked up a thigh strain keeping him out for this game and we really could have done with him for this one, Sheyi Ojo also picked up an injury, ruling him out for 4-5 weeks! Karius saved us more than a couple of times today, including a penalty save from Alexander-Arnold's foul. We were really poor in the first half and Stoke showed that they really mean business this season, sitting in fourth place although we did come back in the second half we have to be disappointed and we could of lost this game.

Name:	7.2.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1112795

Name:	7.3.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1112796

I switched to a 4231 for this game for the first time in over a year and it was refreshing to see that we can still play it, Firmino was given a license to get forward and support Origi up front and he completely dominated City today, three goals and one for Origi as well. What a performance, we're smashing our rivals all over the place!

Name:	7.4.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1112797

I made five changes for this game including three out of four of the back four. We had an early scare when they took the lead, from a poor Henderson back pass, leaving Karius helpless. The team did well to come back and win the game though, two goals from Divock Origi and Cameron Brannagan really pushing for a first team place, with a goal and an assist. Sigurosson wasn't bad either, completing the scoring with a beautiful free kick.

Name:	7.5.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1112798

We're coming through with the 4-1 scoreline a lot lately, three times in our last four games incredibly, barring a 0-0 draw away to Stoke a good run of games for the team then. Next time we've got an away game against newly promoted Reading and a Quarter Final EFL Cup match against Brentford.

Name:	7.6.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1112799
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 09:40 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

23. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 693

Another good solid display from the team, not fantastic but a win none the less. Firmino gave us an early lead and Wijnaldum went on to score a cracker, sealing the victory and confirming the three points.

Views:	702
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1113601

I mentioned it at the start of the season, about playing Coutinho in central midfield and this week he changed from competent to accomplished in that position, so what a perfect time to try him there. He has been in good form lately but he was devastating today, one goal and one assist, Origi also got a goal and one assist as well, keeping his form up. We drew West Ham in the semi finals and we should win that.

Name:	cout1.png
Views:	694
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1113607

Name:	cout2.png
Views:	698
Size:	524.0 KB
ID:	1113608

Views:	692
ID:	1113602

Name:	cout3.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1113609

Sadio Mane unfortunately got injured in training, a sports hernia keeping him out for 3-4 weeks, he'll be a big a miss and we don't have much depth on the right wing.

Views:	692
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1113610

Emre Can was remarkable in this game, coming back in to the side and clearly working on a few things in training, the amount of times he broke the defence with a pass in the game, four assists and a goal for him on the day! Plenty of goalscorers on the day, with five different scorers and two more for Divock Origi.

Views:	697
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1113603

Not much to say about this other than Roberto Firmino take a bow, incredibly he scored a hat trick and basically put the game to bed in just 9 minutes! He continued to dominate with two more goals, taking his tally to five in the match and one assist, Coutinho and Wijnaldum scored the other goals in the game, to comfortably win the Club World Championship!!

Views:	693
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1113604

A fantastic end to the update lifting the Club World Championship and we also had a perfert run of four wins out of four as well, with some totally dominating displays in some of those games.

Views:	696
ID:	1113605
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 09:43 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

24. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 607
    We've already qualified and topped the group so this game was a bit of a dead rubber for us, Roma could finish third with a win though. I rested some key players and we didn't look great, they really matched us and Chilwell didn't look up to European standard, Firmino was our best player by a mile and it looked as though he'd grabbed a late winner but the team couldn't hold on and conceded a late goal to level the game.

Views:	606
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1113800

We really did miss Sadio Mane in this game, we really just don't have the depth on the right wing, the team struggled to create chances and the game unfortunately ended in a boring scoreless draw.

Views:	609
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1113801

An early free kick from Charlie Taylor sent us on our way and the team always looked in control, Sheyi Ojo came off the bench to score from a defenders deflection, making it two late in the match. That was enough to wrap up the points and provide a much needed win for the lads.

Name:	2.4.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1113802

Another good solid win for the lads, an early goal and a needed one from Divock Origi, filling in on the right in the last two games. Firmino added a second to secure the victory and Origi could of made it three but his penalty was well saved by Jack Butland.

Name:	2.5.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1113803

We started off with some rough results, draws against Roma in the Champions League and Palace in the league but we managed to get back on track with back to back 2-0 wins against Watford and Sunderland. Next time we've got a tough league game against Arsenal, at home, followed by our FA Cup third round tie against Coventry.

Name:	2.6.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1113804
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 09:46 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

25. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 578
    With just six months left on his contract, Ovie Ejaria extended his contract at Liverpool by four more years with the option of extending his contract for three more years as well.

Views:	586
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1113917

Charlie Taylor yet again scored a brilliant free kick to open the scoring and from then on, we never really looked like losing. Wijnaldum made it two, Arsenal did get one back from an Icardi penalty in the second half but Firmino made sure of the points, scoring to make it 3-1.

Views:	582
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1113916

Aubameyang won African Footballer of the Year with Sadio Mane coming in third, he didn't make the Team of the Year though but Joel Matip did make it. We'll also be without both of them due to their participation in the African Cup of Nations, Taiwo Awoniyi not currently at the club also representing.

Views:	579
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1113915

Views:	575
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1113914

Views:	577
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1113913

Marko Grujic came back from the Under 23s and with squad registration now back open, he can play again but I'm not sure how often that will be, he's still very unhappy about the treatment that I've given him. With just 18 months left on his contract, I have to make a decision and so does he.

Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1113923

Playing league one opposition Coventry, I made eight changes for this game including a first start for young polish goalkeeper Kamil Grabara and also a first look at Gavin Tonge, who came on as a substitute in a convincing 4-1 win. Grujic opened the scoring but young prospect Greig Ramsey got a goal back, luckily an own goal put us back in front and Firmino and Sigurosson completed the scoring.

Views:	580
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1113922

Name:	tonge.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	1114077

The lads played really well today, admittedly we should be beating Aston Villa at home but our class really shined through, Firmino continuing his goalscoring form with another two goals, one for Coutinho and Lovren even got a goal as well, heading in from a corner.

Views:	580
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1113921

Unfortunately Clyne picked up an injury keeping him out for the next two weeks, his replacement will be Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1113920

We had almost 2/3 thirds of the ball in this game but we just couldn't create a whole lot of chances, Wijnaldum provided the all important goal, fortunately in the end but if we go on to win the title this will be a crucial three points.

Name:	3.12.jpg
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1113925

I didn't want to jinx it by mentioning it but we're actually unbeaten so far this season in the league, after 19 games, drawing three and winning sixteen. Fantastic record but the question is can we keep it up?

Name:	3.11.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1113924

You can't ask for anything more than that, four wins out of four and we just keep ploughing on, what a season we're having! Next time we've got a big game in the Semi Final of the EFL Cup, against West Ham and some huge games against our fiercest rivals, at home, in the league.

Views:	570
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1113919
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 09:49 AM.

26. Great stuff as always mate, keep up the good work!

27. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 526
    Not the perfect timing ahead of a Semi Final to have a player unsettled and a player I need with Joel Matip away on International duty, Gomez appeared to have his head turned by a move to Man City but I've got no intention of letting him go anywhere. We've just got to hope this doesn't affect his performances on the pitch.

Views:	533
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1114140

What a performance, we just clicked late in the first half and Coutinho was on fire, two goals and an assist for him, in a brilliant display. Great team goals with Trent Alexander-Arnold and Emre Can scoring beautiful goals and it looks like we might have put this tie to bed already!

Views:	529
ID:	1114141

We had the better of the chances in the first half and even in the early stages of the second half but we just couldn't find the breakthrough, thankfully we won a penalty and Firmino stepped up and converted, not once but twice wrapping up the game with a second penalty. Chelsea did get a goal back from a brilliant solo effort from Marcos Alonso but we managed to hold out late in the game, claiming all three points.

Views:	527
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1114142

After not long returning to the team, Marko Grujic picked up an injury keeping him out for a couple of weeks.

Views:	528
ID:	1114143

I was worried going in to this game with so many big players missing, Clyne, Matip and Mane all missing and United are a very good side. We really struggled to create chances in this game and Veratti really should have scored when we gifted him possession, he was one on one with Karius but he put it wide. Ben Woodburn came on in the 84th minute for Firmino up front and he provided that big of magic for another substitute Camacho who smashed home the winner much to my delight!

Views:	530
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1114144

That really was a huge win but at what cost? Coutinho will miss the next month but should be back in time for the European clash against Atletico Madrid. Camacho will also be out injured as well and with Mane away on International duty, we really are looking a bit short in the wide positions.

Name:	4.8.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1114149

Views:	527
ID:	1114148

It took us awhile to make the breakthrough and even create chances, now missing even more players but Firmino broke the deadlock and even added a second just to make sure, Taylor rounded off the win with his trademark free kick special.

Views:	526
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1114145

Perfect run of games, recording victories in each of our four matches. Some really big wins in there as well, against big rivals Chelsea and United in the league. Next time we've got four tough away games, two in the league against Fulham and Bournemouth, an FA Cup Fifth round tie against Watford and the return leg of the EFL Cup Semi Final against West Ham.

Name:	4.9.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1114150
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 09:53 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Great stuff as always mate, keep up the good work!
    Thanks mate, really appreciate all the likes you leave on my story! It lets me know that you're enjoying it and pushes me to post more. Just wanted to let everyone know about Gavin Tonge, a young regen who made his debut in yesterday's update, I forgot to post his screenshot but it's there now and there's another regen who makes his debut in this next update so keep posted.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

29. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 487
    With a 4-0 lead the tie is effectively over and with that in mind and the fact we're playing our second game in a period of time that sees us play three games in six days. Chilwell, Klavan and Alexander Arnold on the right wing all come in, there was also a first start for Ovie Ejaria, he provided the assist for Origi's goal, the only goal. A young prospect from the under 18s, Richard Sanders made a promising debut off the bench and we will play Man City in the Final.

Views:	495
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1114272

Name:	5.01.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	1114271

Views:	491
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1114273

Not a majorly busy window for Liverpool, Tottenham are clearly after an up and coming goalkeeper to replace Hugo Lloris in a couple of years, he's 32. They've been putting in rising bids all month for Kamil Grabara and the latest on transfer deadline day, potentially could of totalled £13 million. Grabara is only valued at £675k although he does only have 18 months left on his contract, he's only played a couple of games but you can bet he'll be signing a new deal this summer.

Views:	492
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1114276

Elsewhere in the league, Man City went big for young German right back, Felix Passlack, they previously failed earlier this month, in their pursuit of Nathaniel Clyne, two bids of thirty and nearly forty million were rejected by Liverpool. Arsenal spent a decent fee on Vaclav Cerny from Ajax and with Marko Grujic returning this month, that's just going to add to the lack of more game time Sigurosson wanted but wasn't getting, he had to go and he moved on to Newcastle after a short stay at the club.

Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1114274

With Ejaria signing a new contract and Grujic coming back in to the side, I wanted to try and start giving them both game time. With Gini Wijnaldum and Emre Can holding down them two central midfielder spots all season even Brannagan has struggled to get in. Unlike Sigurosson, he's played more and I want to keep him but there wasn't much interest in a loan deal. I was a little concerned sending him abroad but Borussia Mochengladbach are a good side in Germany and hopefully he does well for the rest of the season.

Views:	498
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	1114275

I also wanted to send Harry Wilson out on loan after a lack of game time this year, with the emergence of Camacho playing on both flanks and Sheyi Ojo playing left wing, he moved to Championship side MK Dons. I was looking for a loan deal for Mich'el Parker but there wasn't many takers but our feeder club Accrington Stanley have him on loan, along with young central midfielder Nick Munshull. Ross Edwards was another young player who moved on loan to the lower leagues, the striker has gone to play for Barrow.

Name:	5.8.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	1114279

Lastly we had James Milner and Ragnar Klavan complaing about the lack of game time and rightly so, we can't hold them back forever. Milner moves on to MLS side Portlan
    d Timbers next month and Klavan moves to Italian side Torino. at the end of the season.

Name:	5.7.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1114278

Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1114277

I'm getting worried going in to each game missing two of our most influential players, in Coutinho and Mane but time and time again we keep coming up with the answer. Firmino not for the first time broke the deadlock and Woodburn came off the bench to add the second and put us through to the next round.

Name:	5.9.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1114280

We couldn't make the breakthrough today, Divock Origi had the best chance, he won a penalty but unfortunately he couldn't convert and the keeper saved it. Emre Can had his header well saved from a corner, we know that we could do better but in the grand scheme of things it's not that big a deal, we can afford to drop points.

Name:	5.10.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1114281

The lads struggled again in this game but the man on fire, Roberto Firmino scored the opening goal not for the first time recently. Jordan Henderson got sent off for a silly yellow card, his second of the game. Fortunately for us we managed to keep strong and hold out for the victory.

Name:	5.11.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1114282

Still unbeaten in the league and seven points ahead of Spurs with a game in hand, we're struggling to score goals in the absence of Mane and Coutinho but the team is just about getting over the line with the odd goal. Good win against Watford and a very important win against Bournemouth a man down but we can do better against Fulham. Next time we've got some giant games coming up, local rivals Everton to kick things off, a top of the table clash against Spurs and a huge game in the last 16 of the Champions League, against Atletico Madrid.

Name:	5.12.jpg
Views:	489
ID:	1114283

Name:	5.13.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1114284
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 09:56 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

30. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 422
    Divock Origi stepped up again to take the penalty and luckily this time he converted, Emre Can went on to get sent off for a stupid two footed lunge just before half time. Incredibly we managed to keep our composure and shut out the game, of course Everton had chances but we defended really well!

Views:	424
ID:	1114442

If we're going to become The Invicibles and go a whole league season without defeat, this game could be one of the toughest we've got left. Tottenham are still in second and what a marker we can put down, for our title aspirations. Joe Gomez was like Terry Butcher with a bandage on his head, smashing his gashed head on to the ball, from a Sheyi Ojo cross. Tottenham did come back though, Kane converted his chance in the second half and that's how it ended. Still unbeaten in the league and there's a gap between ourselves and Spurs.

Views:	424
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1114443

We really took some chances defensively in the first half and I'm not sure how we were still level at half time, unfortunately Carrasco hit a quickfire double in the second half and we can only manage an Origi consolation goal on the counter. That's a poor result, we're going to have a tough game in the second leg and it's going to be hard to go through.

Views:	423
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1114444

Unfortunately Matip picked up his third yellow card in the competition and he'll miss the second leg with suspension and a big miss he will be. James Milner has left to join Portland Timbers with the MLS season just about to start.

Views:	423
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1114447

Views:	427
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1114448

We've just got both of our wingers back and now our three best full backs are all out injured, with Grujic just coming back from injury and Can out with a susepension still, I decided to change to a 4231 this game. What a good decision that was, the front four of Origi, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho are absolutely devastating. Coutinho and Origi in particular with a hat trick of goals, looked backed to their best today and we won the game 5-0!

Views:	425
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1114445

Views:	427
ID:	1114446

Views:	428
ID:	1114449

Not the best run of games with a defeat to Atletico and a draw against Spurs in the league, we won our other games very importantly though. Next time we've got more league games against Southampton and West Brom, the EFL Cup Final clash against Manchester City and our huge game in Europe, against Atletico Madrid.

Name:	1.9.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1114450
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 09:59 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

31. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 966
    I rested a few players today, including both Henderson and Wijnaldum in central midfield. Southampton are surprisingly rock bottom of the Premier League and even though we rested a lot of players i still thought they would give us a tough game. That wasn't the case at all though, our attacking talents ripped them to shreds with another five goals today, Divock Origi with two goals and two assists.

Views:	969
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1114713

A little nervous going in to this one but luckily for us Taylor and Clyne came back just in time for this game and we want back to 433 and probably our best 11. The man for the big occasion, Sadio Mane stepped up to smash the rebound in to the bottom corner, opening the scoring. Coutinho made it two before half time and we controlled the game from that point, we really didn't give City a sniff of a chance. Brilliant display to lift the EFL Cup for the first time in three years at Liverpool, we hadn't took this competition seriously in previous years but we took it seriously this year!

ID:	1114714

Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1114719

Ahead of that huge European game against Atletico Madrid, i made a couple of changes for this game and it wasn't vintage Liverpool, not at all but we got the job done. Origi won and converted his penalty early on, Coutinho's shot came off the post, on to the keeper and in to the net to make it 2-0. They did get one back late on but a change in tactics won us a penalty, Origi stepped up and converted once again, confirming all three points.

Views:	967
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1114715

I was going to play more attacking with a 4231 earlier in the game, even at the start of the match but they're just so good on the counter attack I just didn't want to leave the defence open. Over the two legs, we've really struggled to make the breakthrough against Atletico Madrid but it Camacho caming off the bench to rifle home a rocket of a shot.

We had the chance to make it two but with Origi off the pitch, Firmino stepped up to take the penalty but unfortunately his shot was saved by Oblak. They got that all important away goal from a devastating Olivier Giroud goal, we tried to hold on but we just weren't good enough. Ironically Atletico's newly appointed manager, Jurgen Klopp was appointed at the start of the season and it's very difficult to beat him. I do think if we put that penalty away we would of won the game, 1- 0 would of even put us through on away goals but it's the fine margins and we messed it up.

Views:	962
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1114716

Of course the big disappointment of bowing out of the Champions League in the last 16 to Atletico, really put a damper on things but other than that it's been a good run of games, lifting a trophy and two league wins as well. Remarkably Birmingham beat Chelsea on penalties, at Stamford Bridge, we play them in the FA Cup next. We really should win the league now, we'll see if we can keep it up, in the next update.

Views:	966
ID:	1114718

Views:	957
ID:	1114717
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 10:03 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

32. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 766
    The lads struggled a bit in the first half, Origi scored once again to open the scoring and his penalty was fantastically saved in the second half. His second goal was brilliant, drilled in to the bottom corner and we completed the win with a well worked team goal, finishing the game 3-0.

Views:	767
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1117300

We couldn't make the breakthrough in the first half and with Origi out injured, missing the game, with a bruised head he suffered in the last game, it was left to Roberto Firmino to come in and score the first and the second goal. That was enough to see off Hull and we just keep marching on!

Views:	769
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1117301

A tougher test here against mid table opposition Stoke, and that proved to be the case, I was missing a few players and decided to rest a few as well. The team struggled to break the lock in Stoke's defence but Origi returning from injury from the bench, pounced on the keeper's spill from a shot to make it 1-0, the all important winning goal!

Views:	765
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1117302

I was looking at the potential of using a 343 system similar to the formation that Chelsea have had so much success with this season. It seemed to work shutting down City's attacking threats and counter attacking at the other end of the pitch with two Divock Origi goals and two assists from Sadio Mane too. The back three of Gomez, Matip and Lovren looked solid, I can definitely see this formation as a option next season. Chilwell could possibly be given a chance at left sided centre back, in place of the ageing Lovren as well and he might be better suited to that position, over playing left back.

Views:	766
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1117303

We're almost there, only a couple more wins and we will lift the title in back to back campaigns! What's more is that we can still finish the season unbeaten in the league and become a team of Invincibles. Clearly the idea of earning more money has got Philippe Coutinho's mind elsewhere, the potential of joining up with Brazilian team mate Thiago Silva has seen his form dip in recent weeks and I'm going to have to drop him.

Views:	765
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1117304

Views:	770
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1117306

We should be winning all of these games and the lads did exactly that, a fantastic victory over Man City and four clean sheets as well! Next time there's more games we should be winning, a tough local derby against Everton and we finish with a huge game against Man City, in the Semi Finals of the FA Cup.

Views:	762
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1117305
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 10:06 AM.

33. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 718
    We certainly made that hard for ourselves, it took a while to make the breakthrough but Lovren knocked on the cross well, for Matip to volley home. Sadio Mane made it two in the second half and we should of cruised to the final whistle but unfortunately they got one back, Sheyi Ojo exposed at left wing back replacing Charlie Taylor from the bench. Henderson got himself sent off late on for the second time in just a couple of weeks!

Luckily we managed to hold out for the win though, I need a good couple of months to train Sheyi Ojo at left wing back. The obvious choice Taylor, hasn't been on form lately, Chilwell is not going to do it offensively, which is why he maybe better at left centre back. The right wing back role looks made for Trent Alexander-Arnold. As for Nathaniel Clyne, he could really struggle to find a place in this formation, if we decide to use it going forward.

Trent is much better going forward as a wing back and training Clyne to play right centre back wouldn't be worth the time, he's not getting in over Gomez. With Henderson now suspended and Can also still serving suspension for another game, missing our two best defensive midfielders, I doubt we will be playing 343 for a little while. Definitely not exposing two midfielders away to local rivals Everton.

Views:	723
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1117506

A bore draw really in the end, Mane went off early on with an injury and both teams really did struggle to make the breakthrough, there wasn't really any chances to talk about but we did defend well.

Views:	718
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1117507

Views:	719
ID:	1117508

With the big game in the Semi Finals of the FA Cup, against Man City coming up I had to rest players for this game. A player who really really did step up today was Ovie Ejaria, prior to today he had yet to score his first goal for the club but incredibly he hit a hat trick today!! His first goal was taken really well on the turn but his second was something special, a long range effort smashed home! Gerrard esque!! When the ball was headed out for his third, you just knew watching it, he was winning that and his half volley had too much power for Pickford.

What a performance from him and out of nowhere, after a display like that surely he has to start in the FA Cup this weekend? He played ninety minutes so he might not be fit enough to start but he has to get on at some point. Origi wasn't bad either today, filling in for Mane with three assists and Firmino returning to the side, did score the opening goal.

Views:	715
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1117509

Not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but we got over the line, winning by just the one goal from Gini Wijnaldum, who has some what of reputation for getting big goals in big games himself. It was Charlie Taylor who knocked in the free-kick for Wijnaldum to head home and we've done it! We're in another final and we will play West Ham in our final game. Unfortunately Firmino picked up an injury.

Views:	716
ID:	1117510

Views:	719
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1117511

The team is almost there and we're definitely going to lift the title for the second time in as many years. A frustrating draw against Everton was the only downside to this update, the lads pushed through to the FA Cup FInal, beating City and Ovie Ejaria destroyed Sunderland with his hat trick. Next time we've got our toughest game left in the league against Arsenal, if can avoid defeat there we should finish the season unbeaten! We also have the FA Cup Final to look forward to, facing off against West Ham.

Views:	718
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1117512

Views:	716
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1117513
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 10:08 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

34. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 669

Unfortunately Rhian Brewster picked up a nasty injury, keeping him out all summer and potentially longer, expected to be out for 4-5 months. Kamil Grabara also picked up a long term injury, tearing his calf muscle, keeping him out for the next 3 months.

Views:	668
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1117589

This could be our toughest fixture remaining in our league season, if we can avoid defeat we could become the Invincibles this season! We rode our luck in the first half, Arsenal fortunately hitting the post on two occasions but it was the pace of Ojo and Origi on the counter, Ojo setting through Origi to score not once but twice and that was the difference.

Views:	667
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1117590

Jordan Henderson opened the scoring with a brilliant free kick today and the team was out of sight by half time! Origi continued his good form with two more goals and a rare goal from Emre Can gave us four goals, fantastic performance and we're playing really well at the minute.

Views:	675
ID:	1117591

That win has sealed it, we've won the title again this year and with two games to spare! We had a lead but I'm pleased we've managed to keep plugging away, winning games and now all we need to do is finish the season unbeaten!!

Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1117592

Not a classic game of football but the important thing is we didn't concede and we're still unbeaten in the league this season. It's not the first bore draw this season, nobody showed up to get us the win but at this stage of the seaon, it doesn't really matter.

Views:	671
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1117594

Crystal Palace still had something to play for, they could be relegated if results went against them but it was extremely unlikely to happen. Their lads did give us a tough game though and I wanted to end the season with a win, luckily for us it was Firmino that scored the all important and only goal of the game. We've done it! All we had to do was not concede a goal today and we'd become the Invincibles, the lads have gone the whole league season without defeat, incredible!

Name:	2.7.jpg
ID:	1117595

Views:	665
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1117596

We could of made it easier for ourselves today but that's the Liverpool way, right? Maybe I should of started with Divock Origi over Roberto Firmino up front but it doesn't matter because eventually DIvock made the breakthrough off the bench, in extra time. Mane made it two and Origi went on to score a hat trick! We had the chances but West Ham did defend really well and we did it in the end, that's what matters.

Name:	2.10.jpg
Views:	669
ID:	1117598

Name:	2.11.jpg
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1117599

Incredibly we've gone the whole season unbeaten in the league this year, joining Arsenal and Preston as the only English teams to go an entire league campaign without defeat. This season has been full of records being broken, we broke Chelsea's record of 95 points in a Premier League season and with two games to spare! The lads actually finished with 100 points this season. We also beat the record for wins in a league season with 31!

Views:	669
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1117593

Views:	666
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1117597

We finish on a strong run of games, the team did well to pick up points in games were they could of became complacent. Big wins against Arsenal and that big one in our final game against West Ham, they took it in to extra time but we run out 4-0 winners in the end and lifted our second FA Cup in three years.

Name:	2.12.jpg
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1117600
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 10:12 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

35. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 617
    What an incredibly amazing season we have had with Liverpool this year. Not only did we finish the season unbeaten, recording 31 wins and 7 draws over the campaign but we only conceded eight goals all season as well! Tottenham, Arsenal and United complete the top four and the unfortunate teams who got relegated were Reading, Aston Villa and Fulham.

Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	1117688

It was Alexis Sanchez who won both Footballer of the Year and Players Player of the Year. A Liverpool player did win Players Young Player of the Year though, it was DIvock Origi with 22 goals in 32 appereances, taking home that award. For the second year running Mauro Icardi won the Top Goalscorer award.

Views:	620
ID:	1117689

Views:	615
ID:	1117690

Views:	613
ID:	1117691

Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1117692

I mentioned our record of only conceding eight goals all season in the league and a massive part of that is down to our defence and Loris Karius. He amassed an amazing 30 clean sheets over 38 games this season and with an average rating of 7.22, what a season he has had! Along with Karius three defenders from Liverpool made the Team of the Year, that was Charlie Taylor, Joel Matip and Dejan Lovren. At the other end of the pitch both Roberto Firmino and DIvock Origi also made the best 11 this year.

Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1117693

Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	1117694

What a season we've had and it was packed full of consistent and top class performers. Charlie Taylor has to get a mention with 10 assists and 4 goals from left back this season! I'm going for Divock Origi as Player of the Season though, he scored an incredible 47 goals in 46 starts this season! My second striker Firmino, hit a very impressive 30 goals in 35 starts.

Consistency is what you want from your centre backs, Lovren and Matip have been very reliable at the back again this season. Another top notch season from our wide players, Mane and Coutinho and our midfield three of Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum were all brilliant this year as well. Perhaps the only disappointment of this season, was Marko Grujic in the second half of the season.

Views:	613
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	1117697

Broadcast revenues and competition prize money are both down from last season, probably because we didn't get very far in the Champions League. Divock Origi is our best shirt seller and we also seen a progressive increase in sponsorship deals as well. The Fans Player of the Season was Charlie Taylor and their choice for Young Player of the Season was Divock Origi, it's hard to argue with either of them.

Views:	617
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1117695

Views:	617
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1117696

Next time we've got a summer with tons of contract negotiations to look forward to, that should be really fun lol. Plenty of regens from the youth setup, signing their first deals in the coming weeks, there's pre season and transfers to look at as well, who's coming in and who's leaving the club?
    Neeeko, PatrickLFC and Bennieehh like this.

36. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 504
    First of the regenerations, Gavin Tonge signed a very respectable five year contract with a view to three optional years as well, a long with a lot of these contracts. Gavin is probably the most likely of this young group to break in to the first team picture this year, especially with Ragnar Klavan leaving the club he could be fourth choice centre back next season.

Views:	504
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1118449

Views:	505
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1118450

Richard Sanders is a player that might not get the game time this season but he looks like a fantastic prospect, I wouldn't be surprised if he's knocking on the door in the next few years but we'll have to wait and see.

Views:	505
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1118451

Views:	500
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1118452

This guy looks fucking nuts! He could be a good player in a few years time. He does stil need to do improve mentally and technically but some of his mental attributes are actually quite good for his age, I mean the lad has 18 aggression already! You know he's getting stuck in! Jose Angel also has a good combination of 17 teamwork and 15 work rate, I really hope he makes it.

Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1118453

Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1118454

These next two didn't sign their professional deals until right at the start of the season. First up Jamie Thomas, will be our third choice right back for next season, if anything happens to Clyne or Trent Alexander-Arnold, he could get some game time this season but I doubt he will get a lot. Some of his physical attributes are very impressive, with 17 agility and 17 balance, I've got big hopes for this lad but he might have to wait until Clyne gets towards the end of his career, before he's in the first team picture.

Views:	498
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1118456

Views:	499
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1118457

Last of all we've got Nick Minshull, the only one of these youngsters to already go out on loan at affiliated club Accrington, he wasn't bad either. He was only there for the last five months of the season but in a short space of time he performed well and although he wouldn't be top of my list, for players who I think will become stars of our team in the future, he is naturally fit and physical. The young man already has 17 natural fitness and 15 stamina so if he does win a place in the first team, we won't have to worry about him not lasting 90 minutes!

Views:	497
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1118458

Name:	4.10.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	1118459
    PatrickLFC likes this.

37. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 475
    With just two years left on his current deal, Dejan Lovren signed a new four year deal with a slight wage rise, which should keep him at the club for his most experienced years as a player. Similarly Joe Gomez signed a new five year deal with just two left on his current contract, giving him a significant wage rise and he's tied down with his best years to come, which is great news for us!

Views:	477
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1118521

Views:	473
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1118520

Sheyi Ojo also signed a deal worth 75k per week this summer and like Pedro Chirivella who signed a 20k per week contract, the deal could potentially last over the next 8 years of their Liverpool careers. Rafael Camacho and Kamil Grabara also signed long term contracts with the club and in fact we really did need to get all four of these players signed up this summer, as they all had just one year left on their contracts.

Views:	475
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1118522

Views:	476
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1118523

Views:	478
ID:	1118524

Views:	474
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1118525

Loris Karius signed a huge deal this summer worth in excess of 120k per week, the five year deal includes an optional three years and a wage rise going up to 160k a week, if he manages to break in to the Germany squad.

Views:	478
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1118526

Lastly we decided to extend Sean Jones contract, with just one year left on his current deal and also Charlie Taylor who had two years left on his. Both of them had their three year optional contract extension triggered this summer, giving Sean a four year deal and Charlie a five year deal.

Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1118527

Marko Grujic has been a pain in my arse this past season and after all his whining, I even offered him a very appealing 75k a week contract but after taking a few weeks to think about it he decided to decline the offer. It looked like after all the fuss he would join Dortmund for a bargain price of £15M, even though he's worth more money, he's only got one year left on his contract and we still would of made a tidy profit on the £5M we paid Red Star for him. The deal even included a £30M buy back clause.

Unfortunately though he declined the deal because they weren't offering enough money, then why the fuck didn't he just accept 75k a week I offered him before? Maybe he didn't think he would get enough game time, well the contract even had him as a first team player!! Next came Borussia Mochengladbach late in the transfer window, they didn't have much money and at this point I didn't even care, I just wanted him gone!!

Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1118528

You all heard about Philippe Coutinho being unsettled over the last few months of the season, interest from PSG really turned his head, even causing his form to dip and eventually being dropped from the first team. A summer of uncertainty followed, constant speculation linking him away, even rumours that Real Madrid and Barcelona were interested but it was PSG who came in with the monster bid of £111M.

Name:	4.11.jpg
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1118530

Potentially breaking the world record transfer fee if it did go through and the deal even included all the money up front! I really, really did not want to lose him though and I rejected the deal and spent the next few weeks, desperately trying to offer him a new deal. All we can do is hope that he stays, I really hope he does!

Name:	4.10.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1118529
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 09/06/2017 at 01:00 AM.

38. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 472
    We've already mentioned Nick Minshull at Accrington and Mich'el Parker enjoyed a good second half of the season as well, they both helped the team push on and qualify for the play offs and even got them promoted to League 1! It wasn't a time to remember for either Harry Wilson and Taiwo Awoniyi, who both had poor seasons out on loan, lastly Cameron Brannagan did okay on loan at BMG.

Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1118553

Alvaro Arbeloa decided to hang up his boots and retire this summer at the age of 36, not a bad career he's had at all. A world cup winners medal, two European Championships and two Champions Leagues as well! Unfortunately he didn't win any trophies with Liverpool but the good news is he joins the coaching team here at LFC.

Views:	468
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	1118554

Views:	470
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1118555

Moving on to transfers now and with the experience of Arbeloa and Klavan both moving on this summer, it was clear to me that we needed more experience amongst the team. Our oldest players currently in the team are Henderson and Lovren both aged 29 so with that in mind, there was one player I wanted. My favourite Liverpool player, the king of the yellow card, Lucas Leiva!

He hasn't had the best of times over at Fenerbahce and at just £3M, it really was a no brainer to bring him back. I mean over 10 years already spent serving the club, we could of broke the bank and splashed the cash this summer but that's not what we need, we need experience and that's exactly what we've got.

Views:	469
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1118557

Views:	467
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	1118556

Keeping with the trend of signing older heads to fill out the squad, I also signed Yuto Nagatomo on a free transfer from Inter, I very much doubt he will play this season with all the depth we have at full back but he can play both right back and left back. Also his professional personality could see him used as solid tutor for some of our younger players.

Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1118558

We did sign one regen this summer in John Shields from Celtic, they'd already seen the potential in him, giving him his first professional contract. With that in mind, I knew they weren't going to let him go for buttons but the fee of £4M isn't a huge deal and if he becomes a first team left back in the future, that money is very well spent indeed.

Name:	5.7.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	1118559

A good pre season for the lads this year and it feels like I say that every time, probably because we don't play the highest standard of opposition but it's pre season. it's all about building up your fitness levels for the new season. We finished with our usual tougher games as we approach the up and coming season and this year we beat Lyon 4-1 and then ended with a 1-1 draw against Monaco. Next time we finally start the new season and I can't wait! Starting off with a match in the Community Shield against Spurs and ending with a home league game against rivals Chelsea.

Name:	5.8.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1118560
    PatrickLFC likes this.

39. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 421
    A game of very few chances, we probably just about had the better of them and it was the clinical DIvock Origi who put one away. That turned out to be the only goal of today and a good start to the season, coming away lifting the Community Shield. Unfortunately the bad news is that Jordan Henderson suffered an injury keeping him out for the first two months of the season!

Name:	6.1.jpg
Views:	421
ID:	1118694

Name:	6.2.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1118695

Name:	6.3.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1118696

We played really well today, it didn't take Charlie Taylor long to open his account for the season, with his trademark free kick deflected off the wall this time. Sadio Mane also scored his first goal of the season when he tucked home Sheyi Ojo's cross, Origi went on to complete the scoring with the third goal, continuing his good form.

Name:	6.4.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1118697

Who else but the main man in our team DIvock Origi stepping up with two goals today and that made sure of the win today, It was Mane on the right who set him up not once but twice today. Origi's first goal was a rare header for him.

Name:	6.5.jpg
Views:	414
ID:	1118698

With both players having just two years left on their contracts, we got both Gini Wijnaldum and Sadio Mane's deals sorted right as we get going in the season! Both of them have a decent sized wage increase, Wijnaldum signing a four year deal and Mane signing a five year deal. I previously failed over contract talks with Mane this summer.

Name:	6.6.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1118699

Name:	6.7.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1118700

More good news, not good absolutely great news! It looks like just as we approach the end of August and transfer deadline day, Philippe Coutinho looks set to stay at the club!! I'm so made up, we could really struggle without him and i'm so glad he's staying!

Name:	6.8.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1118701

No goals today unfortunately we just couldn't break them down, despite having much the better of the game, dropped points but you can't win every game.

Name:	6.9.jpg
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1118702

The draw for the group stages of the Champions League were upon us and in our group we drawn, Celtic, Shakhtar and the team that knocked us out of the round of 16 in last year's competition, Jurgen Klopp's Atletico Madrid side. A chance to get revenge on that side for us then and I fancy our chances of qualifying as well.

Name:	6.10.jpg
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1118703

It turned out to be a close game today, no surprise against Chelsea but we definitely edged it in terms of chances. The man for the big occasion Gini Wijnaldum scored what proved to be the only goal of the game, the ball was whipped back in from the corner and he unleashed a rocket, smashing it in top corner! I really did go mad when celebrating this goal, loved it!

Name:	6.11.jpg
ID:	1118704

Plenty of deals go on around the Premier League this summer and perhaps the most interesting, Man City splashing the cash for Aymeric Laporte at £65M! Arsenal seemed to have the same idea spending big money on two centre backs as well, Higuain moved to Man United and Jordan Rossiter, fellow Liverpool player continues to step up his transfer fee, moving on to West Ham. On the world stage one deal that is worth a mention is Renato Sanches swapping Bayern for Barcelona for a huge fee of £83M!!

Name:	6.12.jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1118705

Name:	6.13.jpg
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	1118706

Name:	6.14.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	1118707

We've already talked about all of the players who came in and a few who went out but let's talking about some more of the player's who left, Herbie Kane was actually never offered a professional deal at the club and he moved on to Sheffield United for compensation of 850k. Mich'el Parker went out on loan to Accrington again this season, along with Liam Millar who did sign a professional deal this summer.

Name:	6.15.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1118708

In fact quite a few players went out on loan, Pedro Chirivella went on loan to German club FC Koln, Taiwo Awoniyi went on loan for another year in Holland, this time with PSV. There was even a few players from the
    under 18s going out on loan, the likes of Jon Coleman, David Rimmer and Joe Fairs.

Lastly moving on to Marko Grujic, Gladbach could only afford about £3M but I wanted a buy back of £7.5M, the deal looked all set to go ahead but Gladbach wanted to delay the transfer til deadline day and in the end finally the transfer went through. Good luck to Grujic but with attitude like that I very much doubt he will fulfil his potential or even get back in at Liverpool!

Name:	6.18.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1118711

A good start to the campaign then, we are yet to concede a goal and we might not of scored many but we've done enough to win the majority of our games, just that 0-0 draw against Southampton dropping points. Next time we've got a huge game away at Old Trafford against United and we kick off our European campaign at home to Shakhtar.

Name:	6.16.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1118709
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 10:17 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

40. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 304
    Unfortunately Emre Can was injured during the break, this wouldn't usually be a big deal but Henderson is injured as well so it looks like we'll be playing Trent in defensive midfield for a couple of games.

Views:	303
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1119071

We had an horrific start conceding two early goals and it really wasn't looking good for us but we were thrown a lifeline when Pogba thankfully got sent off. In the second half we came back from two down to level the match with goals from Coutinho and Firmino and that was how it ended. It really was a game of two halves.

ID:	1119072

Mane really was fantastic today, a constant threat on that right side. He cut the ball back for DIvock Origi to smash home for the opener and he also provided another assist for Firmino, who converted a much needed morale boosting goal. Coutinho was our other scorer in the game.

Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1119073

We really should of won this game by more goals, the lads had plenty of chances and we were really wasteful in front of goal. It was a moment of magic from Coutinho, timing his pass perfectly to set through fellow Brazilian Firmino, to smash his volley in to the bottom corner of the goal.

Views:	304
ID:	1119074

Moments of brilliance today from Roberto Firmino and Phil Coutinho, Firmino put us ahead, poaching on to the ball from a defender's mistake, Coutinho's freekick was too much for Adrian in goal. Sheyi Ojo came off the bench and gave me something to think about in the second half with a beautifully curled goal and he also set up Joe Gomez to score our fourth as well. Fantastic performance today and we will face Newcastle away in the next round.

Views:	304
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1119075

Another good run of games from the lads, winning games confidently and just dropping points to United but we did manage to come back from two down. Next time we've got a tough away trip against Atletico and a home game against Spurs to look forward to.

Views:	305
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1119076
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 10:20 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

41. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 643
    Unfortunately that victory against West Ham did have an injury in it, Loris Karius had to go off with a broken hand so Kamil Grabara came off the bench. Our defensive worries continued to get worse just before this game when Joel Matip also come off injured in training with a twisted ankle.

Views:	647
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1119126

Views:	648
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1119127

I rewarded Sheyi Ojo's brilliant performance off the bench with a start today and he repaid that faith with our second goal, Origi with the assist and he was put through himself to score the other goal. Sadio Mane providing the ball. Bournemouth enjoyed a good start to their season but we deserved to beat them today.

Views:	646
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1119128

Coutinho's goal against United was very nice, smashing it top corner from 25 yards, playing in midfield more often these season it gives him more opportunities to shot from distance and that goal won Goal of the Month for September.

Views:	642
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1119134

We were missing both Karius and Matip for our last game but this was a big one, a chance to get revenge for knocking us out of last year's Champions League. I decided to try the 343 for the first time this season with a back three of Gomez, Lovren and Chilwell playing on the counter we were excellent today, Origi with two goals and who else? Camacho came off the bench in the second half to score a brilliant solo goal and make sure of the points, Atletico weren't without chances but credit has to go to our back up keeper, Kamil Grabara who made some big saves.

Views:	644
ID:	1119129

Divock has started the season on fire this year and he continues to bang in the goals with two more today, Ojo returning after being dropped for the Atletico Madrid clash and providing two assists, a great performance. Mane added a third.

Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1119130

A mistake from Loris Karius returning to the side gave Tottenham the lead but we managed to come back from behind in the game to win 4-1. Coutinho with the equaliser, the man on fire Divock Origi with two more goals and he only scores in the big games, GIni Wijnaldum got our fourth.

Views:	640
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1119131

After just nine games in the league season we're top of the pile just one point ahead of Arsenal who have drew one game and lost while Liverpool have drawn two games, both teams have seven wins though. A perfect run of games for the team, four wins out of four and a particular highlight was the away win against Atletico. Next time we've got three tricky away games all on the bounce, including a trip to Scotland to play Celtic and an away trip to Newcastle in the EFL Cup round of 16.

Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1119133

Views:	643
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1119132
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 10:39 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

42. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 593

We had a fairly young team out there today and that seemed to show in the first half, we went in 2-1 down at half time. Players like Ojo, Brannagan, Gomez and Alexander-Arnold were struggling in the pressure of a big European game and it was evident to see we were missing Coutinho but it was Mane and Origi who stepped up in the second half. The lads managed to regroup and come back to win the game 5-2! A goal and two assists for Mane and a hat trick for Origi.

Views:	591
ID:	1119208

Watford are really performing well in the league this year, sitting in fourth place ahead of this one. I treated them with respect and put out a strong side, we took the lead early on through Divock Origi and we looked good to hold on to that lead but Brannagan got sent off for a stupid tackle and that let Watford back in. Mahrez was free and smashed home to level the score and unfortunately that's how it ended.

Views:	590
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1119209

Firmino hasn't been on the pitch much lately with the incredible form of Orgi these past few weeks but I decided to start him today, along with Trent Alexander-Arnold at right back and Ejaria in midfield. I have to say our strikers were really disappointing today, Firmino and even Origi off the bench, couldn't impact the game.We took the lead through Coutinho in the second half, I was hoping to hold on but Newcastle did get one back from De Jong but Coutinho did go on to score again in Extra time and that proved to be the winner! In the Quarter Finals, Hull at home awaits.

Views:	593
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1119210

Views:	591
ID:	1119211

How hard did we have to make this game? We could of wrapped it up earlier but it took a late Divock Origi penalty to secure the victory, Dejan Lovren got sent off immediately after the goal, this is the second time in just a couple of games we've had a player sent off and I have to say I was disappointed. The good news is we didn't concede this time though and we did collect all three points.

Views:	589
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1119212

Another good solid run of games but we did drop points in the league against Watford, drawing 1-1 but that doesn't take away from a fighting comeback against Celtic and hard fought battles, winning in extra time against Newcastle and holding on against West Brom. Next time we've got games we really should be winning, we will fancy our chances in all of them.

Views:	588
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1119213
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 10:57 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

43. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 534
    Plenty of players being rested today but with that in mind Celtic really didn't give us much a of a challenge. We made it 2-0 in the second half and went on to score four and win by four goals in the end as well, Origi continues to score in consecutive matches, he got two today. Sheyi Ojo played this one and he capped his performance with a goal, along with Joe Gomez, towering high to knock in a header.

Views:	534
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1119254

Another team that have been performing above and beyond their expectations this season but we should be beating Palace. It wasn't easy it took us until the second half til we made the breakthrough, Henderson whipping his free kick in from deep, Joe Gomez with the knock on and Wijnaldum smashed home with a volley! Firmino came off the bench to score a late one and the keeper really should of saved it.

Views:	536
ID:	1119255

Wow two injuries, both the same injury, to two different players. Ovie Ejaria and Cameron Brannagan both pulled up with strained knee ligaments in the space of just a couple of days, they both play central midfield and Ejaria has actually been putting in some consistent performances of late.

Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1119256

Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1119257

Wow, Origi really did have a field day out there today, he had far too much quality for the QPR centre backs and he hit a hat trick before half time. His second goal actually hit him on the rebound while he was fouled by Hall, but that didn't stop him pouncing on a defenders mistake and completing his hatrick. Today really couldn't have gone any better, Ben Woodburn came off the bench to make his first appereance of the season, in place of Divock and he capped his performance with a goal, completing the scoring at 4-0.

Views:	535
ID:	1119258

The aerial threat of Sheyi Ojo on the left was a constant problem today, up against Shakhtar's right back he was really effective. Setting up Firmino for two goals in the first half, Firmino was incredible today and his fourth goal, was something special and our sixth of the day! Shakhtar could of scored goals but we scored so many, I struggle to see how we could of lost.

Views:	535
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1119259

Arsenal top the table but for how long? If we can manage to win our game in hand we will reclaim top spot by just one point. I was expecting us to win every game in this update but we smashed it, 16 goals in four games and not a single goal conceded. Next time we've got a tough away game against Man City, a Quarter Final EFL Cup clash against Hull and we also play our last game in our Champions League group, against Atletico.

Views:	534
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1119261

Views:	531
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1119260
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/06/2017 at 01:16 PM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

44. Just wanted to let everyone know I've uploaded every goal for every match, since back in our first game in season one. Feel free to browse back through the story or read it from the start, I'll be uploading goal highlights for every update now.

45. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 467
    I haven't made any changes to the game so Brexit, Britian leaving the EU will go ahead and at the end of this season there will be a lot of new rules for transfers. Firstly it's going to be a lot more difficult bringing in foreign young talent who are yet to break in to their national team, only players who are International regulars playing in Europe will be likely to gain a work permit. Second of all it's worth noting that the bosman rule of signing players on free transfers has been scraped, clubs will now have to pay compensation for every player approached at the end of their contract.

Views:	476
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1119359

The lads were excellent in the first half and we deserdly led from two more goals from the man in form, Roberto FIrmino. Unfortunately for us we threw that lead away in the second half though, after making a few changes we didn't look like the same team and City scored twice late on to level the match at 2-2, that's how it finished.

Views:	471
ID:	1119360

We really did have the chances but the stubborn defence of Hull, held strong until extra time that is. Eventually we got the all important opening goal, Chilwell crossing for Divock Origi to score after he failed to score in his last two games. Henderson went on to score a peach of a free kick and yet again we needed extra time in the EFL Cup but we're in the Semi Finals, receiving the favourable draw against Championship side Birmingham.

Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1119361

Views:	469
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1119363

I was definitely worried going in to this one, we had to use Lucas for the first time this season, as a central midfielder after the tired legs came off the pitch against just three days ago against Hull. I need not worry though, are two first choice full backs Clyne and Taylor came back in but it was the performance of Gini Wijnaldum who caught the eye today, two assists and 50/50 of his passes were successful, incredibly he achieved an 100% pass completion!
    In fact our midfield was dynamite today, at half time we had a ridiculous 91% of possession!! Lucas Leiva completed ninety minutes and 55/57 passes giving him a pass completion rate of 96%, Henderson replaced Wijnaldum from the bench and his pass completion was also 96%, successfully completing 45/47 of his passing. I've gone on for quite a while about this game but Charlie Taylor's overhead kick to knock the ball back in to the box for our second goal, that got me very excited.

Views:	465
ID:	1119362

I didn't even have my best team out there today, we've already qualified and I'd rather us give a few players a rest, ready for the league game at the weekend. I really didn't expect to win today but there's a real resilience about the team this season and even last season for that matter. Origi gave us an early lead, Atletico did get an equaliser in the second half from Cervi but Henderson smashed his shot home from a loose ball, dropping from the corner and I've got to say I celebrated that goal like it was the winner against Man United!

Views:	464
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1119364

Another good run for the lads, we remain unbeaten and not winning games by massive scorelines but getting the job done never the less, hard fought victories against Hull and Atletico. Next time we've got the busy Christmas period ending with a home game against Arsenal and an away trip to Everton just two days later.

Views:	464
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1119365
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 19/06/2017 at 01:26 AM.
    kolas79 and PatrickLFC like this.

46. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 449
    Like a few other league opposition, West Ham are enjoying a very good season this year and I took them seriously. They did have chances but we put the game to bed in the first half and there was no chance of them coming back, Lovren deserdly won man of the match today with a goal and also an assist for Matip so both centre halves scored today and who else but Divock Origi with the other two goals.

Views:	452
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1119373

We got off to a nightmare start during the first half when Dejan Lovren frustratingly gave away a penalty, Sigurosson stepped up and although Karius went the right way he couldn't quite get to it, it was right in the corner. The lads were better in the second half and we really grinded out, Divock Origi really should of scored today, his shot hit the post but Coutinho was there to put in the rebound. Mane scored what proved to be the winner, another assist for Origi heading the ball on to find Sado unmarked.

Views:	448
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1119374

What a performance out there today! With Ejaria and Brannagan missing with the same injury and even Richard Sanders who had a slight injury recently, I've played 4231 a lot over this past month. Ejaria was back in training but not fit enough for the bench so I changed back to a 433 for this game and it really worked incredibly well today, Sheyi Ojo came back in and what a showing from him! Three goals and one assist, he was simply breathtaking today, along with Divock Origi who also got three goals and one assist, sucessfully converting two penalties. They make quite the pair!

Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1119375

Unfortunately Emre Can got injured recently, he will miss the next two weeks with a calf strain in a busy couple of weeks for the lads. Meanwhile in the draw for the last 16 of the Champions League we received a good solid draw against Sporting, hopefully we can go through!

Views:	444
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1119376

Views:	447
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1119377

Wow just wow I certainly didn't expect that from a top of the table clash but what a statement we put out to our closest title challengers today. Arsenal have dropped points in their last two games drawing away to Bournemouth and losing away to Watford but they were really poor in this game, we absolutely smashed them all over the place. Divock Origi with four goals today and Gomez and Ojo even gettng in on the act with a goal each as well. If Origi keeps up this form for the rest of the season, we could well be talking about him as the best player in the world!!

Views:	445
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	1119378

I knew when i seen the fixture list back in the summer that these games against Arsenal and Everton would be tough, with just one days rest in between the games! I had to make a few changes but the form we've been in, I didn't want to drop players in form even though they were tired. We were the better team in the first half, Wijnaldum stepping up yet again with a goal, deservdly leading but Origi missed a penalty just before half time but he kept going and added a second. Lukaku's late goal wasn't enough for Everton.

Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1119379

Arsenal have dropped away quite a bit over this past month, they've dropped points in the league more than a couple of times and now we have a solid league at the top of the table. We've done incredibly well to take maximum points from all five games in this update, 6-0 wins against Swansea and Arsenal, backing it up with a strong battle for the win against Everton just two days later. Next time we've got our first FA Cup game of the season, in the third round agaainst Wolves and we also play Birmingham in the EFL Cup Semi Finals.

Views:	445
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1119381

Views:	444
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1119380
    kolas79 likes this.

47. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 336
    Lionel Messi has been dominating the Ballon d'Or winning it the past four years and he won it again this year. Divock Origi did incredibly well this year finishing third and even second in one of these awards, particularly towards the end of the year his form has been spectacular. He outscored both Suarez and Messi by tons of goals, amassing a ridiculous 57 goals this year!

Views:	339
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1119715

Views:	343
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1119716

In the World Team of the Year, Divock made it in to the side along with Sadio Mane who took his place on the bench. Sadio did win the BBC African Footballer of the Year, along with the African Midfielder of the Year, Joel Matip won African Defender of the Year and Taiwo Awoniyi came in third place in the African Striker of the Year award. Both Sadio and Joel were named in the African Team of the Year as well.

Views:	341
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	1119717

Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1119718

Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1119720

Views:	340
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	1119719

I really thought this would be the season Joe Gomez breaks through as a first team player and maybe even Sheyi Ojo as well but after an up and down start to the season, I wasn't sure this would be his year. It looks like I was wrong because he's really putting in some fantastic performances of late, even pushing Coutinho in to midfield and really making that left winger role his own.

Two more goals today to open the scoring and it was Coutinho who smashed home a powerful volley to make it three! The keeper had absolutely no chance, Wijnaldum came off the bench in the second half to make it four and complete a brilliant display from the lads.

Views:	342
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1119721

I really was debating whether to show this instead just bringing it out as a surprise when we make our only signing of the summer next season. That player has signed on a pre conract, with his contract up at the end of the season and that player is Naby Keita. Liverpool have been linked to this player for months and I'd love to see him sign, I can't wait to see what he can do in this story though!

Views:	335
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1119722

There's plenty of depth in central midfield with WIjnaldum enjoying a fantastic season, Coutinho looking more and more comfortable in that position. Even the performances of Brannagan and Ejaria haven't gone unnoticed this season, one of those two may have to get loaned out this season although the future of Philippe Coutinho is still undecided. Gini Wijnaldum will be 30 next season though and Henderson too, Naby Keita can also play defensive midfield and could play there in the future as well.

Name:	1.09.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1119723

I'm sticking to my rule of only making one signing per season and unfortunately that meant we had to choose between Naby Keita and Bernardo Silva, of course he recently signed for Man City but on the current game his contract is also up at the end of the season. He's just been named in the World Team of the Year so it might seem as though I made a mistake. I had to think about it really hard but ultimately Keita fits our 433 system so much better, covering two positions where as Silva would force us to play 4231 playing as the central play maker.

Probably forcing Firmino out in to more of a squad rotation option although that's been the case this season with the form of Origi. Bernardo Silva can play central midfield competently but I'm not sure he would be defensively strong enough to play that position. Coutinho offers a similar skill set in that role and probably gives you a bit more defensively as well. In other news we did sign up young regen Ross Edwards, the striker is unlikely to make the Liverpool first team but he looks like a good poacher and I think he'll gone on to be a decent player.

Name:	1.11.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1119725

Name:	1.10.jpg
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1119724

I really did give some of our young talents a chance to show what they've got today, a first start for Gavin Tonge at centre back and what a way to kick things off with a headed goal from him, just two minutes in to the game! The young lad did look like he had a mistake in him but Wolves were very wasteful. Divock Origi went on to score a hat trick with some excellent finishing, Camacho and Ojo with an assist each and the game ended 4-0 yet again.

Name:	1.12.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1119726

We struggled to make the breakthrough today but it came just before half time from Sadio Mane, Ovie Ejaria with the assist and Mane repaid the favour in the second half, setting up Ejaria to score his first goal of the season. Emre Can made it three late in the game to secure all three points and also score his first goal this season.

Name:	1.13.jpg
ID:	1119727

Playing Championship opposition for the second time in the last week, after beating Wolves in the FA Cup recently I decided to play a few youngsters again. Lucas Leiva playing at centre back ahead of Gavin Tonge though who did look like he might have a mistake in him against Wolves. The experience of Lucas was needed today, Divock Origi gave us an early lead and in the second half, Wijnaldum and FIrmino came on to both score and most likely wrapping up this tie. 3-0 up with a home game to come we really should go through.

Name:	1.14.jpg
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1119728

A perfect run of games in this update, not conceding any goals and netting fourteen times in just four games but to be fair we should be winning all of these games. Next time out we've got some huge games coming up in the league against rivals Man United and Chelsea, we also play our second leg of the EFL Cup Semi Final against Birmingham.

Name:	1.15.jpg
ID:	1119729
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 22/06/2017 at 03:30 PM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

48. Name:  lfc.jpg
Views: 325
    Stalemate in the first half, very few chances but the game came alive in the second half. Origi with two more goals today and Coutinho wrapped up the game making it three after he switched to midfield, starting the game on the left in the absence of Sheyi Ojo. United did have chances and Pogba came close hitting the bar at 0-0 early in the second half, they did get a late goal from Higuain but it wasn't enough and the game ended 3-1.

Views:	328
ID:	1119761

I was expecting a tough game today, Chelsea sit in fourth in the table but Coutinho is really looking comfortable playing in midfield now, Wijnaldum opened the scoring and Coutinho added a second. Origi has played a lot this season and while he's becoming one of the best players in the world, his fitness is still something that could be questioned so Firmino came in to lead the line today, dropping deep in to midfield that gave Wijnaldum the chance to break from midfield for our first goal today.

Views:	325
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1119762

We just about got the victory today, it was a close encounter but the lads probably just about edged it. Sheyi Ojo got the only goal of the game from a well worked team goal, Brighton kept clearing the ball but when it fell to Ojo he converted confidently.

Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1119763

Camacho, Tonge and Ejaria all played today, leading 3-0 from the first leg we really should be going through and even though we rested a lot of players we should be winning the game as well. Divock Origi returning after a couple of games coming off the bench but starting today he was back on form today, he opened the scoring and Camacho added a second with a brilliant finish. Origi made it three with his second of the game and that's how the game ended, Brannagan today was on form too he assisted every goal and play some quality through balls.

Views:	326
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1119764

Man United were very busy in the winter transfer window, signing young Belgium winger Fred Mabiala and Italian centre back Daniele Rugani both for big money. Tottenham spent a decent fee for Porto winger Jesus Corona, while Arsenal signed Saido Berahino for a transfer fee potentially rising to nearly £20M.

Views:	330
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1119779

Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	1119780

On the Liverpool front, there wasn't much happening Harry Wilson did leave the club for Fulham though. The price was just £1.5M and we do have a buy back clause in the deal for £5M. Elsewhere newly promoted to League One, Accrington are struggling in the relegation zone even with the help of Liam Millar and Mich'el Parker. Hopefully Sean Jones and Nick Minshull can get them out of trouble. Lastly Liam Coyle went out on loan to Colchester along with two young strikers from the under 18s, Niall Hope and Jordan White both also joining League Two sides.

Views:	330
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1119781

Another very good run for the lads this time out, big wins against United and Chelsea can really give us confidence and we grinded out the win against Brighton too. Next time we play Chelsea in the fourth round of the FA Cup and we also have our first game back in Europe against Sporting.

Views:	327
ID:	1119765

49. Must have been tough to to cancel that Silva deal

50. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Must have been tough to to cancel that Silva deal
    Yeah it was really tough, I really wish I could of signed him he looks like a beast! Also worth mentioning that I offered him a massive 250k per week, he wanted around 220k and that offer seemed to halt any interest from Bayern for the time being. I have to admit signing Keita on 75k per week was much more appealing to me but it's not like we don't have the money.

Liverpool Long Term Story-silva.jpg
    PatrickLFC likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO