Like Tree617Likes

Aberdeen Back where it all began

1. Pre Season 2031/32

Season Targets
    SPL - Winners
    Scottish Cup - Win
    League Cup - Win
    Champions League - Q/F

Champions league expectation is to reach the final, Board are being mega over ambitious with this

Ross Macauley testimonial
    Name:  macauley testmonial 1.png
Views: 321
Size:  308.3 KB

Almost 20 years since he signed up as a kid to the youth team the Scotland International gets his reward with a game against PSG

Name:  macauley testmonial match.png
Views: 326
Size:  648.0 KB

Pre Season Prices
    Name:  SPL Preview.png
Views: 323
Size:  959.1 KB

Even money for a 14th title in a row. Bookies must be nearly broke by now. Hibs at such a low price after finishing in the bottom half last season. Partick are put in 9th despite being promoted Raith & Hamilton are more likly to stay up

Aberdeen Squad
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-prmo-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-prmo-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-prmo-3.png
    No new signing of course but 3 players join the squad after spending the last 3 seasons out on loan

Youth team
    Name:  youth squad.png
Views: 322
Size:  869.5 KB

This is Alexandre's last season in the youth team and i've still not got him on board with Scotland. Worse still the depth after the Brazilian is abysmal

Aberdeen Transfers
    Name:  Transfers aberdeen.png
Views: 323
Size:  692.9 KB

All about selling off the back up players. Jimenez was the star of the lot with a £14m price tag payed by promoted Swansea. 6 Other youths were sold off for some cash while i had to let Pavlenko leave for free. That may happen more often in the next few years.

World Transfers
    Name:  world transfers 1.png
Views: 326
Size:  925.9 KB

Name:  world transfers 2.png
Views: 321
Size:  923.2 KB

Few major moves with nobody moving to China or the like.

Manager Changes
    Name:  Managers.png
Views: 317
Size:  866.0 KB

Daley Blind to China is the eye catcher

PatrickLFC likes this.

2. August

We drop points in the opening game for the 2nd time in 4 season but win the rest of our opening fixtures

Fixtures
    Name:  fix.png
Views: 293
Size:  971.8 KB

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL table.png
Views: 294
Size:  922.4 KB

Hibs show why they were priced so short with Darmian's team winning there first 4 games to lead the way. 33 year old Klein has yet to score from 4 starts!

Champions League Draw
    Aberdeen
    PSV
    Lyon
    Roma

Not happy with this draw. Lyon as 2nd seeds is about as good as it could get but Roma are far to good to be 3rd seeds and PSV are one of the most regen ritch teams with the embargo

Name:  CL Rangers.png
Views: 297
Size:  697.5 KB

Rangers have made it through to the Group stages and will have a tough group with Diego Simeone approaching his 20th season in charge of Atletico, Shakhtar with cash and Porto managed by Pepe

Scotland

Two friendly wins
    Name:  Sco 1.png
Views: 296
Size:  635.7 KB

Name:  Sco 2.png
Views: 292
Size:  672.6 KB

Why all the friendly's i was wondering and then the answer was obvious

WERE HOSTING THE EURO'S BABY
    Name:  Sco hosts.png
Views: 292
Size:  801.0 KB

And When they come the nation will have a new record goal scorer on show.
    Name:  Sco connolly record.png
Views: 289
Size:  192.5 KB

2Girls1Schlupp likes this.

3. Autumn Part 1

Wins everywhere including two very different games against Celtic and thrashing Roma in Rome

Fixtures
    Name:  fixtures.png
Views: 266
Size:  987.2 KB

Celtic 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  celtic 1-2 aberdeen.png
Views: 268
Size:  674.1 KB

Never has stoppage time been as thrilling as that!

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL Table.png
Views: 268
Size:  933.1 KB

We've passed Hibs for top spot but at this very early stage there not going anywhere as the chasing pack including the old firm keep dropping points.

Champions League
    Name:  CL table.png
Views: 263
Size:  851.1 KB

This is looking Very good so far. A youthful team beat PSV then the first team were 5-0 up on Roma at half time and just to top it off Lyon and Roma have yet to pick up a win between them.

Scotland
    Name:  Scot fixtures.png
Views: 267
Size:  890.3 KB

Despite winning every game this year we're tumbling down the world rankings without competitive games
    Name:  scot rankings.png
Views: 265
Size:  857.3 KB

2Girls1Schlupp likes this.

4. Autumn Part 2

Lyon make a routine looking Champions League group a mess.
    Name:  Lyon match.png
Views: 226
Size:  664.9 KB

We have back to back games with Hibs and in the league cup we beat them 2-0 to reach the final where we'll play Morton

Name:  Hibs cup Match.png
Views: 224
Size:  679.4 KB

Fixtures
    Name:  Fixtures.png
Size:  982.6 KB

Thankfully we win our home match to still lead the way but 2 wins would have had top spot sewn up. Beating Hibs 5-0 in the League was a huge marker that we're still the best by a long way.

SPFL Table
Views: 226
Size:  925.4 KB

Hibs have a abysmal dose of reality and pall behind the Old Firm as Aberdeen streak 10 points clear. Hearts return to the top 6 as well. QOTS and Raith are still yet to win a game

Champions League
Views: 227
Size:  847.9 KB

We're 3 points clear at the top and just need to beat PSV to secure top spot.

Scotland

We complete a year of victory's going 10/10 against a varying degree of opposition.
    Name:  SCO Fixtures.png
Size:  887.7 KB

Pointless matches perhaps but at the same time we have a new cap record holder. Former Don Callum Dickson
    Name:  Sco caps record.png
Size:  196.7 KB

This summer will probably be his last summer starting for us.
    Name:  SCO Dickson.png
Views: 227
Size:  939.4 KB

PatrickLFC likes this.

5. Betfred Cup Final 2031

Name:  final.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  16.2 KB

Morton vs Aberdeen

Name:  Morton logo.png
Views: 197
Size:  6.4 KB Name:  dons logo.png
Views: 200
Size:  8.5 KB

Morton 1-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  Match.png
Views: 200
Size:  647.2 KB

We started on the wrong foot as Morton took the lead through there striker Daniel Walker but we quickly fought back as Gunciu & Micael turned the game around by half time. Evensen made it 3 right from the break and we finished them off with Micael & Miller scored the 5th.

We are now 15 seasons and 62 games unbeaten in the League Cup winning the last 7 and 14 of our total 20 League cup wins. 8 Wins away and we'll be the most time winners.

6. December

Back to back draws in the League and the back up team seen of Roma with little worry's

Fixtures
    Name:  Fix.png
Views: 180
Size:  958.4 KB

SPFL Table
Views: 183
Size:  929.5 KB

Despite dropping points were still 13 points clear but after Celtic its Falkirk in 3rd sneaking clear of Rangers and Hibs in 5th are now MILES back and out of contention for the Champions League already. Plenty of teams in the the race for top 6. Only Raith and QOTS will be put of the race.

Manager changes
    Name:  Managers.png
Views: 180
Size:  840.8 KB

3 Teams change managers with Raith and QOTS change managers with Raith nicking Michael O'Halloran to try and save them. Morton were having a terrible season long term manager Steven Anderson who brought them all there success and is replaced by former lower league manager Iain Davidson.

Champions League
    Name:  CL Final Table.png
Views: 178
Size:  848.5 KB

In the end we take top spot with ease. Rangers finished a point behind Porto and drop to the Europa League last 32 with Celtic

Last 16 Draw
    Tottenham vs Aberdeen
    Name:  CL Last 16.png
Views: 178
Size:  820.4 KB

Premiership leaders Tottenham is not the reward i had in mind for the last 16 in a season where we need a a good run for coefficients points

PatrickLFC likes this.

7. January

Michel repeats his World player of the year award win for a 2nd year in a row he's the best in the world
    Name:  World player of year.png
Views: 149
Size:  1.00 MB

Name:  World Team.png
Size:  807.6 KB

Fixtures
Size:  1,021.5 KB

28 goals from our 4 games and if you include or last game in December its 34 goals in 5 games

SPFL Table
    Name:  spl.png
Views: 148
Size:  922.5 KB

Rangers are back in the fight for 2nd place that is now looking to be between the old firm. Hibs fall from grace saw Darmian sacked at the end of the month with European football next season in serious doubt.

Transfer Window
    Name:  Transfers.png
Views: 146
Size:  707.8 KB

Chinese teams find there wallets taking away Vicovich & Holub for £15m and taking Xavi Garcia for free. Lorient take a failed French prospect Bonnet off our hands and finally we loan Kerr McGregor to Bournmouth so he and Alexandre can get more playing time.

8. February

In only 3 games we have trashed the previous record for Scottish Cup goals in a season. We're already 2 goals clear with a potential 2 games to go.

Fixtures
    Name:  fixtures.png
Views: 123
Size:  983.2 KB

Wins in all league and cup games. Rangers held us to a 2-1 win before we thrash the next 6 teams we faced.

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL TAble.png
Size:  931.0 KB

No title yet but the gaps at 15 points with a mega goal difference. Rangers challenge for 2nd is all but over as there 13 points behind Celtic and tied on points with Falkirk. Dundee and Hibs are in the hot spots for the top 6 but Hearts and Morton are in prime position to strike. Raith and QOTS stay tied at the bottom. Who will drag themselves to a play off?

Champions League Last 16

1st Leg
    Tottenham 0-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  CL 1st leg.png
Views: 124
Size:  681.8 KB

The game couldnt have gone any better. Imagine what we could have done with Premiership Money!

2nd Leg
    Aberdeen 1-0 Tottenham
    Aberdeen 6-0 Tottenham Agg
    Name:  CL 2nd leg.png
Views: 125
Size:  694.6 KB

We kept a strong team in this game and they made it a 6 goal aggrigate win.

Last 16 results
    Name:  CL last 16 results.png
Size:  839.1 KB

Man City are out, thrashed by INTER but Chelsea knock out Barcelona and our other life long rivals Paris SG are out at the hands of Porto.

Quarter Final Draw
    Aberdeen vs Inter
    Name:  CL QF Draww.png
Views: 124
Size:  890.9 KB

We beat the team leading the league in England now its time for the Italain champions

Scotland
    Scotland 2-0 Switzerland
    Last game before the Euro squad is announced

9. March

14th SPL title in a row and were 2/3 of the way to 5th treble in a row
    Name:  Aberdeen league win.png
Views: 112
Size:  294.4 KB

Fixtures
Size:  967.7 KB

4 more wins including 8 past Hibs who are still yet to announce a new manager

SPFL Table
Size:  930.2 KB

Not much left to settle now were into the split. Top 4 should finish as they stand with big gaps between each position. Hearts & Dundee will fight for the final European spot. At the Bottom QOTS have a 2 point and 2 goals lead over Raith Rovers. They face off in the first game after the split.

Champions League Quarter Finals

1st Leg
    Aberdeen 4-0 Inter
    Name:  CL 1st leg.png
Size:  667.1 KB

2nd Leg
    Inter 0-4 Aberdeen
    Aberdeen 8-0 Inter on Agg
    Name:  CL 2nd leg.png
Views: 113
Size:  676.8 KB

Two similar games where Inter looked no better than Hamilton!

Quarter Final results
    Name:  CL QF results.png
Size:  814.8 KB

2 British teams and 2 from Madrid. All 4 teams are comfortably through

Semi Final Draw
    Aberdeen vs Chelsea
    Name:  cl SF draw.png
Views: 114
Size:  792.2 KB

We get the home leg first and there's a Madrid derby to settle the other final spot.

Scotland Euro 2032 Draw
    Name:  Sco Group Draw.png
Views: 113
Size:  231.7 KB

Thought we'd be seeded for being a home team but i guess not.

PatrickLFC and 2Girls1Schlupp like this.

10. April

Scottish Cup Semi Finals
    Name:  Sco Cup Semi Finals.png
Views: 76
Size:  808.7 KB

We trash Championship side Dundee while two late Celtic goals set up our 5th final against Celtic, We've won every final.

SPFL Table
Size:  938.5 KB

3 or 4 games to go and Falkirk are closing up on Ranagers for 3rd while Dundee & Hearts is going down to the wire as is Queen of the South and Raith.

Champions League Semi Finals

1st leg
    Aberdeen 3-1 Chelsea
    Name:  CL 1st  chel.png
Size:  690.8 KB

It was all going so well till Chelsea went down to 10 men. We had already rushed into a 3 goal lead when Zakora's red card should have ended the tie until England striker Steve Holmes made the 2nd leg relevant and they have hope for the 2nd leg.

Name:  cl SF 1st legs both.png
Size:  826.5 KB

Real Madrid hold the first leg advantage from the home leg too, Noticed there first goal is a former Aberdeen u20 player who i let go for £160k

2nd Leg
    Chelsea 4-2 Aberdeen
    Chelsea 5-5 Aberdeen on Agg Aberdeen win on away goals
    Name:  CL 2nd  chel.png
Size:  679.1 KB

What a game or second half as it turned out to be. Seconds after calling for calm at half time and to protect there lead Burguez had Chelsea back in the tie and 6 minutes later Manea made Chelsea's task back to needing 2 goals. Longstaff got them both within 3 minutes and we were all level at 4-4 and an away goal each. 4 minutes later the tie's decisive goal came through Jose Henrique our 2nd away goal meaning Chelsea needed 2 in the last half hour to go through. We looked the more dangerous and Chelsea got the first part of there comeback but it took until the 91st minute and by then it was too late and the game ran out so we reached our 3rd final and this one is at OLD TRAFFORD.

Name:  CL 2nd  legs both leg.png
Size:  803.6 KB

An amazing result from the 2nd leg in Madrid as Atletico turn a 2 goal defeat into a 6 goal win at home. They have also won 2 Champions League titles in this save but thats from 5 efforts.

TheBattman and PatrickLFC like this.

11. End of SPL season

Round out the league season with my 1100th game in the save
    Name:  1100 games.png
Views: 255
Size:  345.4 KB

Chalmers gets our only new league record for the season
    Name:  Chalmers clean sheet record.png
Views: 252
Size:  189.0 KB

Fixtures
Views: 262
Size:  985.0 KB

SPFL Table
Views: 259
Size:  926.0 KB

Wen we end the season unbeaten with the top 4 stayed the same as it has been for the past few month and Dundee ended up taking thr final Europa League spot.
    Raith win 3 and draw one of there last 5 games to move well clear of QOTS who go right back down after 1 season in the top flight.

12. Scottish Cup Final 2032

Name:  sco cup logo.jpg
Size:  10.0 KB

Aberdeen vs Celtic

Name:  aberdeen logo.png
Views: 257
Size:  8.5 KB Name:  celtic logo.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  7.5 KB

Aberdeen 1-0 Celtic
    Name:  Sco cup match.png
Views: 258
Size:  611.7 KB

We had to rest a few players with the champions league final a week away but still made this tough work as Celtic became the first team not to let in a avalanche of goals but not enough to stop our utter domination of the Scottish game go on with a 5th treble in a row.

Last season i was amazed to see us score 21 goals. Then this 30 goal haul happened
    Name:  run.png
Size:  902.5 KB

13. I think what you've done is excellent don't get me wrong but it seems like Scotland is the only league that's playable making it far easier to dominate and have the best youth system leading to champions league glory when only regens exist. I myself have the top 5 league and Scottish league. After 5 seasons I've won the title twice and each of the cups I'm yet to cracking Europe but have had tough games each time. Season 1 out to West ham in Europa qualifier, out to bilbao the year after in the same round. Out in a group with besiktaz and bilbao one year later In the Europa group, out to lille in the last 32 a year later (should of got through) that after olympiakos put me out of champions league playoff and then in my most recent season out to Porto in champions league playoff and eventually out of Europa group stage to cska Moscow and lazio. All this with only 1million net

14. Champions League Final 2032

Name:  cl tryphy.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  7.9 KB

From Old Trafford
    Name:  old trafford.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  14.0 KB

Atletico Madrid vs Aberdeen
    Name:  atletico logo.png
Views: 207
Size:  4.6 KB Name:  aberdeen logo.png
Views: 205
    Both sides have been major players in the Champions League for the past 10 seasons but now its time to see which one will be the first to win the biggest prize 3 times.

Atletico Madrid 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  match.png
Views: 207
Size:  669.6 KB

Its the Dons. The tick to Atletico was simple. Stop Sousa who in every Atletico game i reviewed had the most passes completed by a mile and was always top 2 in passes received. Even without such planning Atletico let themselves down after only 6 minutes they had given away a penalty which Henrique struck home. He added a second goal only 3 minutes later meaning we could play Simeone's team at its own game of counter attack. Whatever he said to them at half time had no bearing at all on as former Don Richard came out and got a second yellow and a red right away before our new Champions League striker Cosmin Manea's 10th goal in the competition secured our 3rd title.

Dons Dominate the dream team
    Name:  Dream team.png
Views: 203
Size:  782.8 KB

We lost a group game in Lyon and a Semi final 2nd leg to Chelsea we won every other game.
    Name:  CL results.png
Views: 201
Size:  944.8 KB

15. I add I have just won my first champions league group game in my second attempt with it also being first European game at the new stadium 4-3 vs ajax with cammy Smith getting 2 goals and an assist. That's what I do with my Scottish players I develop them rather than taking advantage of being only playable league on game like you. Whatever happened to your cammy Smith?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Bobbycheese1 View Post
    I add I have just won my first champions league group game in my second attempt with it also being first European game at the new stadium 4-3 vs ajax with cammy Smith getting 2 goals and an assist. That's what I do with my Scottish players I develop them rather than taking advantage of being only playable league on game like you. Whatever happened to your cammy Smith?
    I had the opposite with my Rangers save. The first 5 seasons I was getting mega regens who were all world class wonderkids. The current Scotland team has 10 of those players in it. Now it's stopped and there's no better than 2 star potentials coming through.
    I have top 5 leagues loaded not just Scotland

17. Quote Originally Posted by Bobbycheese1 View Post
    I add I have just won my first champions league group game in my second attempt with it also being first European game at the new stadium 4-3 vs ajax with cammy Smith getting 2 goals and an assist. That's what I do with my Scottish players I develop them rather than taking advantage of being only playable league on game like you. Whatever happened to your cammy Smith?
    He went to Dundee Utd. Like the previous post i had a blast of good Scottish regens from the start to 2019 but since then only 2 or 3 have made a impact, one is half French another half Brazilian. Nice of you to check i was only running the Scottish league. Actually have Top 2 English Leagues, French, German, Italian and Spanish top flights going hence why England which always had a overbalanced regen ratio are always at least in the semi finals.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

18. You only have leagues from six nations loaded? Pah, your achievements mean nothing then. Three Champions Leagues mean nothing when you don't have the Malaysian, Uruguayan and South African leagues loaded, I thought everyone knew that...
    PatrickLFC and ratmsm1 like this.

19. End of Season 2031/32

Alan Graniger did everything he could to get back into the team of the year with the best ever rating in a SPL season.

Name:  Grangier SPL record.png
Views: 5
Size:  196.2 KB

Last season for youth development manager John Bosman who retire's after 4 seasons of dross intakes i'm not to sad to be handing out his gold watch

Name:  youth dev bosman retired.png
Size:  205.2 KB

Speaking of the kids they won the u19s CL final
    Name:  CL u 19s.png
Size:  673.9 KB

Scotland
Size:  926.0 KB

A drop in form for League Champions Aberdeen who fall back to only 104 points. More interesting was the return of Celtic to 2nd a year after i proclaimed Rangers as the clear 2nd force of Scottish Football, Yikes they finished 14 points behind Celtic and only 8=5 clear of Falkirk. Dundee end there 7 seasons outside the top 6, including one in the Championship by returning to European football next season ahead of Hearts and Hibs who have plenty to do with a new manager joining next season. Morton were at least as poor Hibs letting Steven Anderson leave after building the club into a consistent top 6 team they only finished 2 points cler of newbies Partick. Raith and Queen of the South spent the season fighting over bottom spot and a let charge saw Raith reach the Playoffs and survive.
    St Mirren are back in the SPL with a bang winning the Championship and the Challenge cup. 1pt between former SPL sides Dunfermline, Forfar and Motherwell who will fight through the playoffs. Cove Rangers beat Kilmarnock in the relegation playoff to be the first Non league team to reach the 2nd tier of Scottish Football going up with highland pals Ross County

SPL Play-Off
    Raith Rovers 2-0 Dunfermline
    Name:  SPL playoff.png
Size:  650.8 KB

Can they carry there late season form into next season?

Big League review
    Name:  Big League review.png
Size:  945.9 KB

If anyone was to take Man Citys title it had to be Man Utd in a close year with the top 4 all having a shot at the top through the season
    Leverkusen wasted no time in taking there title back beating Dortmund to the title on the final day. Bayern return to the Champions League but well back.
    Here's Roma's sporadic Serie A title win holding of dominant team of the 20's Napoli by a point. 3rd for AC Milan will see them in the Champions League but they have still to win a title in the save. Former star Juve miss out on Europe all together
    Real Madrid win La Liga at a canter clearing 100 points 11 clear or Barcelona and Atletico making up for the Champions League and Spanish cup Heartbreak they suffered to there neighbours

Aberdeen
    Name:  abderdeen squad.png
Size:  896.0 KB

Our left wing was out of this world Micael being involved in almost 50 goals from the wing. Little changed as Ba & Oyarzun did great jobs filling in for injured players and Evensen, Main, Gunciu, and Manea did jobs to such a quality that are more than that of squad players

Aberdeen Finances
    £290 +£43m
    Name:  Aberdeen finaces.png
Size:  766.9 KB

A chunk of extra price money, sponsorship increase and a extra £30m out of transfers all played a part in our income drive. Never dreamed of getting close to £300m even a year ago

World Rich list
    £750m +£53m
    Name:  ritch list.png
Size:  778.9 KB

Amazing what a Champions League win will do for your value

Other Competitions

Europa League
    Bordeaux 1-3 West Ham

The Irons lock down a Champions League spot next season matching there league form last season. Poor effort from the Scottish teams with neither Old firm getting past the last 32

Scottish Teams in Europe
    Aberdeen - Champions League Winners
    Rangers - Europa League last 32
    Celtic - Europa League last 32
    Morton - Europa League Qualifier
    Falkirk - Europa League Qualifier
    Hearts - Europa League Qualifier

European Rankings

Win the champions league but we drop a place as our win 6 seasons ago was with a perfect record. Old Firm are now 28th Rangers and 30th Celtic. Only Hearts & Morton join them in the top 100 and neither have European football next season.

Name:  euro rankings.png
Size:  959.3 KB

No change to the Euro places. We pretty much the same and no sign of catching Portugal again in the near future

Awards

Aberdeen Fans player awards
    Alan Granger
    Name:  award fans.png
Size:  282.1 KB

Nice to see a old timer beat out the world player of the year!

SPL Player of the year
    Micael
    Name:  Award player.png
Size:  879.8 KB

3 in a row for Micael as he looks set to become our best ever player

SPL Young Player of the year
    Ian McLaughlin
    Name:  Award youth.png
Size:  879.8 KB

For the first time since Moussa Dembele 14 seasons ago a player outwith Aberdeen gets the award. Scotland current great hope Ian McLaughlin, Hopefully we'll here plenty of him at the Euro's

Name:  Award youth 2.png
Size:  962.5 KB

SPL Top Scorer
    Mattias Klein
    Name:  Award Golden boot.png
Size:  928.2 KB

There was a point a few games in where i almost dropped him with no goals from his first 4 games. Thankfully sense prevailed and we kept him as our League only player going forward.

Scottish team of the year
    Name:  Award team of the year.png
Size:  790.1 KB

NeverChosenOne and PatrickLFC like this.

20. Still a cracking story and your achievements are exceptional, keep up the good work!

21. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Still a cracking story and your achievements are exceptional, keep up the good work!
    Agreed! I've picked up some good ideas and tips from this thread.

22. Euro 2032

Group Phase

Name:  euro troph.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  85.1 KB

Match 1
    Greece 0-1 Scotland
    Name:  match 1.png
Size:  680.8 KB

This was going to be a harder game than it looked on paper as Greece play even more defensive than we doand i feared the absolute worst when our best defender Ferry was sent off but our best player Ben McIlroy saved the day with the only goal for our first win at a Euro's in a long time

Germany thumped Norway who we play next. A win and were in the last 16
    Name:  Table 1.png
Size:  832.8 KB

Match 2
    Scotland 1-0 Norway
    Name:  match 2.png
Size:  673.1 KB

We only needed a draw but got the win that locks down our place in the knock out phase. 1st however im disgusted that this game and the Germany game is in Wales. We should have home advantage! 2nd in not to worried we only won 1-0 as we changed all 10 outfield players

Name:  table 2.png
Size:  830.7 KB

Match 3
    Germany 4-2 Scotland
    Name:  Match 3.png
Size:  624.8 KB

Got the tactics wrong for this one. Will have to rethink going into the knockout phase

Final Table
    Name:  final table.png
Size:  830.0 KB

Were through and thats all that matters

Last 16 Draw
    Name:  Last 16 draw.png
Size:  813.5 KB

That Germany defeat hurts a bit more now knowing it was Serbia or Spain in the last 16

23. Euro 2032
    Last 16

Name:  wales shizz.jpg
Size:  10.4 KB

Scotland vs Spain

Name:  Sco Flag.png
Size:  801 Bytes Name:  Spanish Flag.png
Size:  3.3 KB

Again the draw takes us to Wales. What a load of crap

Scotland 1-0 Spain
Size:  660.2 KB

The hodo we hold over the Spanish goes on as we get our biggest win in a European Championships so far. The early goal from Chris Main followed up by a brave defensive display see us into the Quarter Finals

Results
    Name:  all results.png
Size:  865.2 KB

Greece knock out former champions Portugal and Holland prove there might by knocking our France.

Quarter Final Draw
    Scotland vs Italy
    Name:  QF Draw.png
Size:  804.0 KB

First time we'll play each other in a major competition after facing off twice in the European League

England vs Holland should be the final and if we beat Italy that is who we'll see in the Semi's but Greece, Switzerland and Ukraine are the surprise packages and one of them at least will be in the Semi's

24. Euro 2032
    Quarter Finals

Scotland vs Italy
Views: 3
Size:  801 Bytes Name:  Ita flag.png
Size:  846 Bytes

Scotland 2-1 Italy
Size:  661.3 KB

Jeez what a game. We had a plan and as usual in the big games we came up strong with Connolly giving us a first half lead. Italy pulled level deservadly on the hour. Neither side came on strong almost both settled for extra time until unfortunate Italian Defender Emilio De Cosmi scored a 92nd minute own goal that ended the game and has us into a semi final. Shame our last 4 games have been in Wales.

Results
    Name:  QF results.png
Size:  833.2 KB

The Swiss stun Germany to make a paperweight semi final line up

Semi Final Draw
    Scotland vs Holland
    Name:  SF Draw.png
Size:  797.3 KB

We beat each other in our travels in the recent European League where Holland looked mega impressive. Winner of the Switzerland Ukraine game awaits. We will NEVER get a chance like this again.

PatrickLFC likes this.

25. Euro 2032
    Semi Finals

Scotland vs Holland
Views: 2
Size:  801 Bytes Name:  Dutch flag.png
Size:  764 Bytes
    Our third meeting of the 30s. A win each so far but this is the one that really matters

Scotland 1-3 Holland
Size:  694.3 KB

And Again the dream dies prematurely as Holland get the better of us. Taking the lead twice in 6 minutes at the time when the game was a close ran thing. Moha did the damage down the left wing much like he does with Barcelona and Heidekamp's 3rd goal came after we went gung-ho

Euro 2032 Final
    Holland 1-3 Switzerland
    Name:  final.png
Size:  637.5 KB

Well there you have it. Every generation gets a weird winner. 1976 there was Czechoslovakia, then 1992 Denmark, Next was 2004 Greece now we get the Swiss. Could have been us!!!!

PatrickLFC likes this.

26. There not playable though are they, never any posts about job offers I myself get offered a top job most months. Anyway with my load I'm finally into knockout rounds of champions league after getting through a group of mancity ac Milan and cska Moscow. 3 titles 3 league cups and 2 Scottish family cups in 6 and a half seasons. Net spend of around 5 million and producing only my Scottish youth through youth system

27. I get offered Talk Talk Broadband most months, and that doesn't make the slightest difference to this thread, either...

28. Quote Originally Posted by Bobbycheese1 View Post
    never any posts about job offers
    Its not a journeyman save so job offers are as worthless as getting offered monopoly money. I've said a few times during the save that the only time i'd consider leaving Aberdeen was after the youth players from the first few seasons retired and i'd rebuilt the squad as well as i could after the transfer embargo then i would move on to another Scottish side and try and build a Scottish dynasty but since its almost September and the next FM is just over 2 month away we'll probably never see that happen
    Disclaimer89 and PatrickLFC like this.

29. Pre Season 2032/33

Season Targets
    SPL - Winners
    Scottish Cup - Win
    League Cup - Win
    Champions League - Q/F

Champions league expectation is to retain the trophy which is something we never managed. Board are being mega over ambitious with this

Martin Neil testimonial
    Name:  Neil testamonial.png
Size:  679.8 KB
    14 seasons after arriving from Motherwell the permanent back up MC for the Dons is the 3rd player to get a testimonial

Name:  Neil friendly.png
Size:  338.3 KB

Alan Grangier testimonial
    Name:  Grenger friendly.png
Size:  674.8 KB

89 competition wins in his 17 seasons is amazing and well worth a testimonial

Name:  Grenger testamonial 1.png
Size:  326.3 KB

Pre Season Prices
    Name:  SPL Preview.png
Size:  968.9 KB

We reach our shortest odds in the save. Hibs are also in to 7/1 despite the disaster of last season. For once the promoted team St Mirren is not favorites to go down its Hamilton.

Aberdeen Squad
    Name:  Dons Squad.png
Size:  911.4 KB

Little change for the first 11 as the squad is all reaching there prime

One new player as our only superstar in the u20s graduates to the first team. The only thing missing is him becoming a Scotland international but he's yet to give up on his dream of playing for Brazil

Name:  New guy.png
Size:  938.7 KB

Aberdeen Transfers
Size:  667.5 KB

Little money as we move on some unproductive youth players

World Transfers
    Little to report so we'll skip this

Manager Changes
    Name:  Manager changes.png
Size:  863.2 KB

Hold on Matteo Darmian is sacked by Hibs then signed up by Inter Milan

Internationals
    Eugenio Corini Inter to Portugal
    Frank De Boer Malaga to England
    Didier Deschamps Portugal to Spain
    Laurent Blanc Croatia to Belgium

PatrickLFC likes this.

30. European Super Cup 2032
    Name:  super cup.jpg
Size:  5.8 KB

West Ham vs Aberdeen

Name:  West Ham logo.jpg
Size:  12.0 KB Name:  aberdeen logo.png
    Nope this isnt a Europa League qualifier its the Champions League winner against the Europa League winners

West Ham 0-3 Aberdeen
Size:  680.1 KB

90 minutes of horrible football led to Extra time and suddenly we were on fire with 3 goals in 10 minutes to win our 4th Super Cup

31. August

Fixtures
Views: 4
Size:  970.3 KB

Perfect start in all fronts

SPFL Table
Size:  924.6 KB

Aberdeen and Hibs are tied at the top with perfect starts an Steven Anderson makes a instant impact. Rangers and Falkirk are the early let downs.

Champions League Draw
    Name:  CL Table.png
Size:  862.3 KB

Paris SG as 2nd seeds. Really!

Scotland

Friendly
    Scotland 3-3 Wales
    A thrilling display from the Euro's two hosts

European League Match 1
    Sweden 1-1 Scotland
    Two draw is not a bad result with all the injurys we have just now along with Grangier's international retirement

Group
    Name:  SCo Group.png
Size:  820.5 KB

We should win this group but i'd be happy with 2nd too

PatrickLFC likes this.

32. FM Base to decided

With just over 2 months and no more holiday days from work to spend on FM its time to decide what to do at the end of this season and i want YOU readers to decide

Name:  i-want-you-jpg_9025_20150411-983.jpg
Size:  52.1 KB

1. Stay with Aberdeen and try work towards being the biggest team in the world

2. Apply for the next decent SPL job. Celtic, Hearts or Hibs or a team pushing for European football and totally remove the embargo's around the world and try improve the League and its ranking around the world.

Choice is with you guys so leave a message with reasons if you like if the comments and we'll how were going to finish off this save. Thanks

33. I'd personally go for 2, to completely shake everything up. But that's just me...
    stonecold likes this.

34. Quote Originally Posted by NeverChosenOne View Post
    I'd personally go for 2, to completely shake everything up. But that's just me...
    Thanks mate. I was thinking that from a readers experience waiting for February for the CL knock out's and to see if we've lost a league game

35. Definitely 2, love to see you do something similar to your story from a couple of years ago
    stonecold likes this.

36. Autumn Part 1

Thrash both of the old firm but stumble in the Champions League

Fixtures
Size:  1.01 MB

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL Table.png
Size:  925.6 KB

With 9 wins from 9 we're clear and away at the top as Hibs fall into the battle for 2nd with Celtic, Hearts and Rangers.

Champions League
Size:  851.7 KB

Crazy 2nd round of games see Aberdeen draw tragically in Basel but as i think that's a disaster just to see that Sporting who we seen off with ease beat Paris SG 3-1 to put us top of a very messy group

Scotland

European League Match 2
    Scotland 2-1 Russia
Size:  661.8 KB

European League Match 3
    Scotland 3-0 Sweden
Size:  660.2 KB

Table
    Name:  Sco table.png
Size:  818.8 KB

Two home wins leave us cheering on Sweden to try and tie up top spot for us before we head out to Russia for the final game.

Dont Forget to vote for how the story goes forward.

37. I would say 1 but wouldn't mind seeing you do the other. Pity you don't like Rangers to go them lol. Morton would be interesting!

38. 2G1S makes a good point about Morton, I think. But I can't deny I'm intrigued by the thought of you managing Hearts.

39. Quote Originally Posted by 2Girls1Schlupp View Post
    I would say 1 but wouldn't mind seeing you do the other. Pity you don't like Rangers to go them lol. Morton would be interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverChosenOne View Post
    2G1S makes a good point about Morton, I think. But I can't deny I'm intrigued by the thought of you managing Hearts.
    ANYONE BUT RANGERS!

Morton have made a stinking start to the season and have been on the rapid decline the last few years

40. Autumn 2

Great month for Scotland before the games as Grangier unretired & Paulo Alexandre FINALLY accepts a Scotland call up

Name:  Grangier unretires.png
Size:  183.6 KB

Klein tear's his hamstring and will miss 3 months

Fixtures
Size:  981.2 KB

SPFL Table

12 games 12 wins and we're 11 points clear of Rangers and the awesome battle for 2nd. Plenty teams are in the hunt for 6th while early on its looking rough for St Mirren and Raith

Champions League
Size:  849.6 KB

A win each in the double header with PSG and Basel strike again holding Sporting to a draw making a complicated group even more complicated.

Scotland

Friendly
    Wales 1-3 Scotland
    Name:  Sco 1 Wales.png
Size:  677.9 KB

Meanwhile Russia and Sweden drew so if we draw with the Russian then we'll win the group

European league
    Russia 1-1 Scotland
    Name:  Sco 2 Russia.png
Size:  653.3 KB

A 91st minute goal from Russia was not enough to keep us from top spot and we're into the European league Semi finals next summer with Portugal, Holland and England

Name:  SCo table.png
Size:  678.2 KB

Name:  SCO SF Semi fianls draw.png
Size:  265.3 KB

PatrickLFC likes this.

41. Betfred Cup Final 2032

Name:  final.jpg
Size:  16.2 KB

Aberdeen vs Falkirk

Name:  dons logo.png
Size:  8.5 KB Name:  falkirk logo.png
Size:  4.6 KB

Aberdeen 6-0 Falkirk

Name:  match.png
Size:  680.8 KB

As comfortable as you could get. All 6 goals from the front 3

We are now 16 seasons and 66 games unbeaten in the League Cup winning the last 8 and 15 of our total 21 League cup wins. 7 Wins away and we'll be the most time winners.

PatrickLFC likes this.

42. World Club Cup 2032

Name:  trophy.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  7.1 KB

Gremio vs Aberdeen
    Name:  germerio logo.png
Size:  6.7 KB Name:  dons logo.png

1903 was a good year to start a football team

We beat Toroto 3-1 in the Semi Finals to make it to our 3rd final

Gremio 1-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  final.png
Views: 9
Size:  608.1 KB

Dont let the score line fool you. Despite only managing 1 effort on goal in the first 61 minutes while we had around 13 it was the Brazilians that took the lead through Aberdeen's Brazilan defender Emerson. It was almost another half hour till another Brazilian scored and this one was a Don's player and it was Henrique who scored just as subs Marius Gunciu and Cosmin Manea were warming up and they combined for 4 goals in 20 minutes that made the result look far better than how i felt through the first 60 minutes

Name:  Wlub cup history.png
Views: 9
Size:  961.9 KB

Our 3rd win in this competition amazingly makes us the 2nd most successful team in World club cup history. Saying that Barca lead the way with 8 wins so we wont challenge that any time soon

Only team out of shot is Atletico with 2 wins

43. December

Fixtures
Size:  985.8 KB

All's well world wide since PSG spanked us in the Champions League 2 months ago

SPFL Table
Size:  929.8 KB

We still have a perfect record as we near the halfway stage. No doubt Rangers will ruin that run in our next game and to be fair if they do we might have a title battle on our hands as they sit well clear of the Celtic, Hibs & Hearts battle for 3rd. Dundee move clear in 6th but not by much. Raith sit at the bottom on 3 points from 21 games and still without a win.

Name:  managers.png
Size:  842.1 KB

Speaking of Raith they were one of the 3 teams active on the 4th of December "The night of the long swords" seen Morton, Falkirk and Raith all sack there managers with only Raith's former manager Michael O'Halloran getting right back in the game despite there record setting terrible start. I thought about Raith and actually regret not trying to save a team that on the face of it are already down.

Champions League
    Name:  CL Group.png
Size:  854.5 KB

We win our final Champions League games to secure top spot and a seeded spot in the last 16

Last 16 Draw
    Marseille vs Aberdeen
    Name:  CL last 16.png
Size:  823.3 KB

No megapowers in the 2nd seeds and even so the French side that we beat 5-1 over 2 legs at this stage 2 seasons ago shouldnt put up to much of a fight

Scotland 2016
    Name:  Scotland 2016.png
Size:  231.3 KB

The lookback on the National side of 16 years ago shows that Kieran Tierney is and has been for a few years the last man standing

44. January

No Golden ball winner this year but 4 make it into the world dream team
    Name:  world team.png
Size:  813.8 KB

We set an unbeatable league record keeping 18 clean sheets in a row
    Name:  clean sheet record.png
Size:  186.2 KB

Fixtures
Size:  989.0 KB

Did the first few matches of February by accident

SPFL Table
    Name:  Table.png
Size:  938.0 KB

26 wins from 26 games and suddenly were 19 points clear. Another race i overlooked was Manea leading the golden boot race with Klein injured again its going to be even harder for Klein to win another Golden boot. Raith are still on 3 points and are lets face it there gone!

Transfer Window
Size:  930.8 KB

Brighton smash the bank with a £3.9m investment in Blackburn's forward. We loan out a back up for the rest of the season.

PatrickLFC likes this.

45. February

Paul Hartley's 13 years at Celtic are over.
    Name:  hartley sacked.png
Size:  283.4 KB

He is replace by Shakhtar manager Yaroslav Rakitskyi who has recently had a great run with Red Bull Salzburg

Name:  New Celtic manager.png
Size:  318.5 KB

Dont be mad that i didnt go for the job, which is the best thats come up in over 10 but i wanted to try and defend the title. Had i remembered that you can arrange to take over at the end of the season this would be a totally different conversation

Fixtures
Size:  997.3 KB

Were into the Scottish Cup Semi Finals again and will wrap up the League title in the next few weeks

SPFL Table
Size:  937.0 KB

We've gone 30 for 30 and have a great chance at a once in a life time perfect season. Celtic's new manager will be keen to hunt down Rangers for the 2nd Champions League spot. Hibs should finish 4th if Celtic get there act together and Hearts will finish 5th 10 points either side of any other team. 1 point split relegation favorites Hamilton, Partick and Dundee with 2 games to figure out which one will finish 6th. Raith have picked up 1 more point to reach teh grand total of 4. Should be between Morton and Partick for 11th.

Another abysmal youth intake see us add one and its another keeper

Champions League Last 16

1st leg
    Marseille 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  cl 1.png
Size:  625.5 KB

We had to fight to take a 1 goal advantage back to Aberdeen as the French side have clearly improved in the last 2 seasons.

2nd Leg
    Aberdeen 3-0 Marseille
    Name:  cl 2.png
Size:  679.8 KB

No problems getting across the line and into the Quarter Finals. We'll have to do it without Grangier who may be done for the season and is out for 8 weeks.

Results
    Name:  cl results.png
Size:  837.2 KB

Real Madrid do us all a favor in the glamour tie putting out PSG. Roma cause the biggest upset putting out Man Utd

Quarter Final Draw
    Aberdeen vs Chelsea
    Name:  cl draw.png
Size:  806.3 KB

Anyone but the Spanish giants i say. We beat them in the Semi Finals last season but needed away goals so this wont be easy

Scotland

Two players hit there 100th Cap. Jack Connolly and Martin Neil

Name:  100 cap 1.png
Size:  1,014.1 KB

Name:  100 cap 2.png
Size:  974.6 KB

World Cup Qualifier Match 1
    Wales 0-5 Scotland
Size:  671.0 KB

History has been kinder to the Scots than the Welsh

World Cup Qualifier Match 2
    Scotland 4-1 Azerbaijan
Size:  676.9 KB
    Two wins for ourselves an Belgium who we're setting up to fight with

PatrickLFC likes this.

46. March

Revenge is a dish best served cold, not served in a 5 goal turn around

Fixtures
Views: 7
Size:  994.3 KB

SPFL Table
    Name:  Spl.png
Size:  932.6 KB

League was won before the break and its all about winning our last 5 games in the league and 2 in the Cup to a have a perfect domestic season. Rangers Celtic and Hibs all look set to finish where they stand but Dundee have closed up on Hearts for the final European spot. Raith are relegated and Morton look set for the playoffs.

Champions League Quarter Final

1st Leg
    Aberdeen 3-0 Chelsea
    Name:  cl 1.png
Size:  689.1 KB

All the goal came in the first half and we kept a clean sheet.

2nd Leg
    Chelsea 6-2 Aberdeen
    Chelsea 6-5 Aberdeen agg
    Name:  cl 2.png
Size:  686.9 KB

How the hell did we let this happen. Like last year they were the better team in the 2nd leg and despite us taking the lead in fact i would say because we took the lead at that point Chelsea needed 5 goals to go through and when in the 2nd half Manea made it 2-2 on the night and 5-2 overall again i put on a 5th defender and was happy that we would hold out. Well not even close and Nicolas Burguez scored right at the death and we couldnt do anything with the 2 minutes of added time to end our defense a round later than usual but i cant think of a defeat that was as painful as that!

Results
    Name:  CL results.png
Size:  812.1 KB

And with Barcelona out of the way too i quite fancied my chances with the other teams in the final 4

TheBattman and PatrickLFC like this.

47. What a crazy result! That must have stung, I know the feeling. In my save during the early-mid 2020's I beat Barca in the first leg 2-0 and conceded two stoppage time screamers in the second leg to lose 4-1, Messi and Neymar scored all four in their old age
    stonecold likes this.

48. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    What a crazy result! That must have stung, I know the feeling. In my save during the early-mid 2020's I beat Barca in the first leg 2-0 and conceded two stoppage time screamers in the second leg to lose 4-1, Messi and Neymar scored all four in their old age
    Yeah its horrible after the first leg which goes to plan then you know that the match engine has the potential to throw a mega come back at your. Although in my case i held them off last season so the law of averages i'll take sneaking through a Semi final than a Quarter Final even if im just saying that to make myself feel better about what is one of my last Champions League runs with Aberdeen.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

49. May

Many new records set at the end of the season. Most points and wins in a season and most wins in a row
    Name:  records.png
Size:  179.4 KB

Chambers clean sheets
    Name:  chalmers records.png
Size:  214.5 KB

Fixtures
Size:  981.3 KB

SPFL Table
Size:  930.1 KB

No changes in the last few weeks. Raith go down without a single win after 15 seasons in the top flight

50. Scottish Cup Final 2033

Name:  sco cup logo.jpg
Size:  10.0 KB

Dundee vs Aberdeen
    Name:  dundee logo.png
Size:  5.2 KB Name:  aberdeen logo.png

Dundee 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  cup final.png
Size:  636.0 KB

Douglas gets a double to nick the golden boot and win our 6th treble in a row.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO