Like Tree617Likes

Aberdeen Back where it all began

1. Good luck for the new season mate. Be good to see the ugly sisters dethroned so I'm rooting for you. If there's one thing I've learned over the years tho mate it's never, ever bet on Falkirk.
    stonecold likes this.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Falkirkyabass View Post
    Good luck for the new season mate. Be good to see the ugly sisters dethroned so I'm rooting for you. If there's one thing I've learned over the years tho mate it's never, ever bet on Falkirk.
    No safe bet with the bairns since Lee Miller was top goalscorer and that was not yesterday

3. August

One man's revolt leads to a Aberdeen revolution
    Name:  shinnie request.png
Views: 1532
Size:  652.1 KB

Fixtures

Aberdeen 1-0 Partick Thistle
    Name:  Match 1 partick.png
Views: 1512
Size:  537.7 KB

3 new starts and only 4 players that started last year open week 1 this season. Without Rooney up top our finishing was not up to scratch. Thankfully Jonny Hayes got our season off to a winning start.

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
    Dunfermline 2-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  Match 2 dunfermline.png
Views: 1519
Size:  532.8 KB

I felt that after our poor finishing against Partick i left the first team out to try and get there moral up for the coming games.

Hibs 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  Match 3 Hibs.png
Views: 1523
Size:  511.4 KB

Again we didnt look like our normal selves putting chance after chance wide. Niall McGinn tok both of his chances and that was the difference today. Hibs look strong enough to stay up having kept Cummings and John McGinn over the summer.

Europa League play off 1st Leg
    Aberdeen 1-1 Qarabag
    Name:  Match 4 Qarabab 1.png
Views: 1504
Size:  534.3 KB

I just knew that eventually we were going to pay for missing so many chances and in our biggest game of the year financially it happened. We no have to go to Azerbaijan and win thank to letting in a goal in the final 2 minutes of the game

Aberdeen 5-1 Rangers
    Name:  Match 5 Rangers.png
Views: 1509
Size:  539.0 KB

Just like last season our first game at home to Rangers turned into a blood bath, For them at least. Forced into starting u20 striker Klein due to a knock to Storey and Rooney not quite fit in time payed of in the 10th minute as we took the lead, Niall McGinn soon made it 2 and Diego Poyet had us 3 goals ahead right on half time. Vico & a second McGinn goal had us 5-0 up before Waghrn grabbed a consolation for the former league leaders.

Europa League play off 2nd leg
    Qarabag 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  Match 6 qarabi 2.png
Views: 1496
Size:  501.5 KB

Just when we needed to follow up the Rangers game with a solid professional performance the team didnt let us down after a edgy first leg where we shot ourselves in the foot this time round was a far better performance and we were more than worth our spot int he group phase

Dundee 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  Match 7 dundee.png
Views: 1482
Size:  549.4 KB

Last season unraveled over a few trips to Dens park but we just managed to leave them in the past here with a 89th minute winner and last club goal from Jonny Hayes secured the 3 points. Dundee showed enough here to suggest they will cause us problems once again as the season goes on.

Table
    Name:  table.png
Views: 1494
Size:  821.4 KB

4 from 4 and a perfect start . Hard to see this go on with all the changes your about to read bellow. Rangers won there other 3 games. Lamberts made a stonking start. Celtic are another team mid rebuilding but still made the Champions League group phase but lost at home to Hearts and stumbled to a draw at Hamilton.

Europa League Draw
    Name:  europa draw.png
Views: 1498
Size:  759.1 KB

Last season we got a glamour group where we had no chance to qualify and little chance of winning a game. As the top 3 teams were drawn from each group we got a similar situations 2 or 3 groups we would like to avoid and one "group of death" And yet again we got the latter.

Transfer deadline day

World Transfers
    Name:  world transfers.png
Size:  832.0 KB

Most big moves go through Man City. Youri Tielemans chooses Real Madrid for his big move.

SPL Transfers
    Name:  SPL transfers.png
Views: 1495
Size:  831.6 KB

Celtic lost key defender Sviatchenko but used the money to bring in Yassin Ayoub & Raphael Holzhauser as holding midfielders.

This must go down as the craziest day in the clubs history. The plot begins a few days earlier just as i was preparing to fly out on Scotland duty West Brom put in a offer for Graeme Shinnie which i rejected having already lost Shay Logan. Shinnie was not impressed and demanded a move claiming he would rather rot on the bench and see out his contract than play for me again forcing me to put him up for sale.

Name:  shinnie request 2.png
Views: 1482
Size:  653.7 KB

Name:  All club transfers.png
Views: 1497
Size:  666.0 KB

This opened the flood gates and the players voted with there feet. Jonny Hayes & Vadim Demidov rejected a new contract the following day meaning they would have to move on now or let go on a free next summer. Demidov did the job he was brought in for and to get £325k back for him is good. Graeme the Snake Shinnie is off to the Championship with QPR in a deal for £1.4m. First of my heartbreaking moves was Andy Considine. Last summer he broke into the top 10 all time club appearances and would have reached 7th maybe even 6th but with all the youngsters joining the club looking for first team action its in the teams interest to move him on after 381 games. Jonny Hayes was the other player i wanted to keep. He may have just hit 30 but i had no plans to move him on and even offered him a new deal that he rejected forcing a move. £2.2m from Crystal Palace is nice but with poor squad depth i'll have to reinvest the money on first team players

In

Callum Paterson DR
    Name:  In C Paterson.png
Views: 1475
Size:  858.5 KB

One of the weakest position in my squad, One of rivals Hearts best players, Proven on the international level for me. This should be my first long term player in my defense and for £2m im pretty happy with that deal long term.

Petar Zanev DL
    Name:  In P Zanev.png
Views: 1483
Size:  823.5 KB

On the other end of the scale is Petar Zanex. I've never herd of him in real life or seen him in the game but his stats and price are incredible for a old man. If my u20s develop then his 2 years at the club will be perfect while they develop into first team players.

Bogdan Mitrea DC
    Name:  In B Mitrea.png
Views: 1475
Size:  799.5 KB

After loosing all 3 back up DC's Bogdan was the best player interested in joining us on a free contract. Will probably only be back up but will get his share of chances with our Europa League games.

Sandro MC
    Name:  In Sandro.png
Views: 1463
Size:  820.5 KB

Remember this guy!!! His career totally went to die at QPR and now at 28 this is possibly his last chance hence why despite 17 Brazilian caps he's reduced to playing at Aberdeen haha. Also he's injured for another month so no wonders right away.

Hernani MR
    Name:  IN Hernani.png
Size:  811.0 KB

Left with the impossible challenge of replacing Jonny Hayes. He became a Portugese journeyman having played for 4 different teams and moved teams 6 times having only just turned 26 can he lay some roots down at Pittodrie

AndySams10 and ninjaskill like this.

4. would love to see rangers go down.

5. Quote Originally Posted by aaronpayne11 View Post
    would love to see rangers go down.
    If only they played at Pittodrie every week that could happen. There goal difference would be disastrous anyhow

6. Gutted for you that half of your first teamers last year wanted out, looking forward to seeing how the newbies do especially Sandro. Bogdan stats look decent for a freebie but determination of 2 could be worrying altho guess he's just a backup after all

7. Quote Originally Posted by NathanITFC View Post
    Gutted for you that half of your first teamers last year wanted out, looking forward to seeing how the newbies do especially Sandro. Bogdan stats look decent for a freebie but determination of 2 could be worrying altho guess he's just a backup after all
    It was down to him or a 34 year old Kari Anerson. Thats how desperate i got into the evening of deadline day

8. Scotland
    September Fixtures

Squad
    Name:  squad.png
Views: 1411
Size:  802.0 KB

Craig Gordon is back in the squad but with no football in over 6 months he probably wont push David Marshall out of the no1 spot. Ollie Burke's chances of forcing himself into the right wing will have to wait as he is out of both games injured. Lots of players 1 game away from a ban so we'll have to be careful and use subs in the right places to protect our players. Callum Paterson's signing means we have 3 Dons in the squad.

World Cup Qualifier
    Lithuania 1-2 Scotland
    Name:  match Lithua.png
Views: 1408
Size:  528.4 KB

Doesnt this just reek of the kind of game Scotland love to loose? Maybe were saving it till Malta but we were in a strong spot once Leigh Griffiths opened the scoring only for Sporting Lisbon striker Spalvis equalized just before the break. It was however only 2 minutes of stress as Grant Hanley immediately put us back in front before the half time oranges. Second half was quiet. Didnt plan to shut down the game but glad we scared ourselves into it and got the required result

World Cup Qualifier
    Scotland 5-2 Slovakia
    Name:  match 2 slov.png
Views: 1403
Size:  541.1 KB

Its hard to think of the last time a Sell out was treated to such a grate game & result. Before kick off we were delt a blow with star player Darren Fletcher banned and we almost made an abysmal start but thankfully Slovakia's goal from the kick off was disallowed. In turn we got the first actual goal from Matt Ritchie in the 15th minute and as soon i began thinking of tactial changes to shut the door a bit Ross McCormack made it 2-0. Leigh Griffiths had the stadium bouncing with a 3rd right after the break and i considered that game over and shut up shop. Adam Nemec had other ideas and 7 minutes later it was back to 3-2 and all we could think was he we go again! but NO! this is a different Scotland, different team spirit and our fresh substitute right back Ikechi Anya burst forward and it was 4-2. Leigh Griffiths ended the game with his second and our fifth at the end.

Table
Views: 1399
Size:  732.3 KB

Match day 8 was great for us. Slovakia were officially out of the race for 2nd, Lithuania need 2 wins and a 16 goal swing as well as ourselves and Slovenia loosing both games, And were now the group is guaranteed to have a team in the play offs. In other words its down to Scotland and Slovenia and the latter just lost in Lithuania. Our final two games go like this

Wk 9
    Malta vs Scotland
    Slovenia vs England

Wk 10
    Scotland vs England
    Slovenia vs Slovakia

Slovenia's trip to Wembly could see the top 2 decided going into the last game if England do us a favor.

Last edited by stonecold; 11/12/2016 at 12:09 AM.
    AldoKemp-1 likes this.

9. September

First league defeat is quickly forgotten with clubs best result in over 20 years

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-0 Ross County
    Name:  1 ross county.png
Views: 1356
Size:  524.3 KB

Excitement was in the air for the big debut fest at Pittodrie. Over 20,000 fans came out for the Ross County game and would be going home happy after Myles Storey, filling in for injured Niall McGinn got his first of the season. Chance after chance was missed before Hernani got his name on the score sheet on his debut. Not a bad way to announce yourself to your new fans.

Pre match trash from the Spanish manager
    Name:  st ettien mock.png
Views: 1367
Size:  237.0 KB

Europa League Match 1
    St Etienne 4-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 st ettien.png
Views: 1363
Size:  533.6 KB

This was a very upsetting result. I was not expecting a win but after being ridiculed by there boss Michel and taking the lead thanks to young brother Pogba scoring a O'G it looked like we were on our way towards shutting him up. Sadly the French side ran over us in the 2nd half waltzing to the first 3 points of the group.

Michel changes his mind
    Name:  st ettien chang of heart.png
Views: 1355
Size:  240.9 KB

St Johnstone 1-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 st johnstone.png
Views: 1349
Size:  535.4 KB

This smells like our dodgy patch for the season. St Johnstone had two shots on goal, both in the first 15 minutes. It took over 60 minutes for us to pull level and then never looked like getting a 2nd

Befred Cup Q/F
    Dundee 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 dundee.png
Views: 1352
Size:  533.6 KB

This is more like it. Thought with the form and big games coming up i had to rotate players in the next two games for Roma & Hearts at the end of the month. It was a regular player, at the moment Storey who gave us the lead and Norweigan midfielder Lundermo still fighting for a place in the midfield with Sandro's arrival imminent. Poyet put the icing on the cake with 10 minutes to go and put us in the Semi Finals

We could have got Raith in the Semi Finals but oh no we didnt!
    Name:  cup draw.png
Views: 1358
Size:  688.0 KB

Hamilton 3-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 hamilton.png
Views: 1339
Size:  525.6 KB

Youth came through against Dundee but this was a step to far it appears. But lets look at the positives. I got to give them a good dressing down which will inspire them to avoid the same leaky performance against Roma

Europa League Match 2
    Aberdeen 3-1 Roma
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-6-roma.png
    So here is our best result in the save so far. Wouldnt go as far as say we dominated but we did outperform the Italian in every area of the pitch, Won the second balls, made them uncomfortable at every area. We broke down the Italian after only 15 minutes through Adam Rooney. Only a few minutes later and still suffering the shock of going behind we put them 2 behind with Hernani returning from injury for his 2nd goal in his 2nd start for Aberdeen. El Shaarawy looked to have get Roma back in the game with 2 minutes before the break but anyone who's been at Pittodrie will tell you how loud the home crowd get at moment like this. When the team needs a boost the 12th man is right behind them and it worked here as Kenny McLean made it 3-1 going into Half time. Far less exciting 2nd half. Catenaccio vs Catenaccio produced as expected a red card for Poyet but was never made to thrill not that we wanted or needed such thing and were delighted to get this massive result for the club. Extra £300k in the coffers for the win not to mention hope in the group and a new level of expectation back in the Scottish game

Aberdeen 5-0 Hearts
    Name:  7 hearts.png
Views: 1347
Size:  525.1 KB

Can the high of a Roma win last 8 months? It sure pushed us to this win against Hearts. Myles Storey must have seen Niall McGinn return to training and chose this week as his coming out party, Rare any of my guys score a hattrick never win a Inside forward. One of the goals came from youngster Adam Frizzell who added his first Aberdeen goal to his first Aberdeen assist and Rooney made it 5 as we head off to international duty

SPFL Table
    Name:  league.png
Views: 1340
Size:  823.8 KB

We may have dropped points twice but still sit 3 points and 7 goals clear at the top of the SPL. This really puts our droped points in perspective. I should not have overlooked Hamilton up in 3rd place and should be very upset that we lost points to bottom placed St Johnstone. First match after the break however is a trip to Parkhead to see where we really stand.

Europa League
    Name:  europa league.png
Views: 1344
Size:  748.2 KB

Everyone's tied on 3 points so not sure where we really stand just now. We'll just have to take it one game at a time. Having said that we should have a much clearer picture after our double header with CSKA.

10. Great result over Roma! has paul lambert taken over Rangers yet ? seems to always happen in my saves lol.

11. Quote Originally Posted by AldoKemp-1 View Post
    Great result over Roma! has paul lambert taken over Rangers yet ? seems to always happen in my saves lol.
    He sure did. Early in 2017. Think he has turned the corner with them. Look very close to Celtic in terms of performance

12. Scotland
    October Fixtures

Squad
Views: 1525
Size:  804.7 KB

Ross McCormack has a long term injury and will not play again this year so a chance for James Morrison or Tom Cairney to take over as the AMC. Burke back in the squad

World Cup Qualifier
    Malta 0-2 Scotland
    Name:  malta.png
Views: 1514
Size:  537.5 KB

Was hoping for a big scoreline in case we needed the goal difference but we never needed it and never looked like getting it with a goal in either half from Burke, his first Scotland goal and Griffiths as usual. England won as expected so were now locked into 2nd and a November playoff awaits

World Cup Qualifier
    Scotland 1-0 England
    Name:  England.png
Views: 1485
Size:  217.1 KB

There is something special about this game at Hampden and boy were we up for this. I and my fellow Aberdeen players showed the squad that we can do this. If Aberdeen beat Roma then Scotland can beat England. And look we did!!! I even dropped all players on a final yellow card since this game was a dead rubber. Amazing stat of the game was no yellow cards over the 90 minutes. Next biggest shock was we were the better team and got the only goal a Robert Snodgrass special in the 64th minute was enough to tame all 3 lions. 5th win in a row for
    the nation just wait for those world rankings to come out at the end of the month.

Name:  world rankings.png
Views: 1508
Size:  756.0 KB

Table
Size:  728.4 KB

So England win the group by 1 point.We did enough to finish 2nd and reach the Play offs.
    Greece, Ukraine and both Irish teams miss out
    France, Italy and Poland are the play off teams to watch out for

Play Off Draw
    Poland vs Scotland
    Name:  Play off draw.png
Views: 1513
Size:  698.2 KB

Poland finished 6 points behind Denmark, not to eye caching but still a team we'll respect and worry about. They have better players there is no doubt but so did England.

AndySams10 and TheBattman like this.

13. October

Its taken almost 2 months but finally Sandro is fit to play
    Name:  sandro fir.png
Views: 1434
Size:  241.1 KB

Fixtures

Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 Celtic.png
Views: 1444
Size:  595.7 KB

This is the result we've been waiting for. A very even game between the two top sides in the country inflicting on them there worst home result in this save, Paris SG beat them 2-0. Myles Storey kept his spot after a hattrick last time out and he broke the deadline. The game went quiet untill the 60th minute when £1.5m Brazilian signing Caiuby got sent off only 15 minutes after coming on as a sub. Celtic fought bravely but ran outof steam by the end and in the final 5 minutes Kenny McLean scored twice to secure this massive victory. Celtic wont have to wait long for revenge as we play each other next week in the Betfred cup

Europa League Match 3
    CSKA Moscow 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 cska.png
Views: 1438
Size:  537.3 KB

We thumped them. Treated them like they were Kilmarnock to be honest. First half was gold. Criminal that there was no goal from Rooney. Second half was more even and quiet and i was just starting to rack my mind for me having a 0-0 draw in this save, For the record we drew 0-0 with Inverness of course in September last year.

League Cup Semi Final
    Celtic 0-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 celtic.png
Views: 1441
Size:  511.9 KB

Ok its an amazing result but first stat here is that hardly any players played against us last week. Second of all WE BEAT CELTIC 5-0!!! Ryan jack gave us the lead after 3 minutes with Rooney making it 2-0 just before the break. Celtic came back into it in the second half but there kids just couldnt find a goal and Cameron Smith made it 3. He added a 4th and McGinn a 5th at the end to secure a momentous result.

Rangers await in the final
    Name:  cup final draw.png
Views: 1427
Size:  682.8 KB

Aberdeen 2-1 Inverness
    Name:  4 inverness.png
Views: 1427
Size:  534.5 KB

Much less drama but same result. Niall McGinn opened the scoring in the 13th minute and the feeling was this could be another thrashing but it took till the 81st minute before sub Matthias Klein seemed to have made the game safe. Lewis Vaughan made the last 5 minutes worrying but we held on for another 3 points.

Falkirk 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 Falkirik.png
Views: 1431
Size:  593.2 KB

Im sure a certain reader will be unimpressed with this result but it was over by half time. Aaron Muirhead's O'G got us on the way. Lots more own goals going our way wonder if its our pressure were applying on teams? Adam Rooney scored a spectacular volley right on half time.

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL table.png
Views: 1436
Size:  827.5 KB

No rush on the golden boot yet. Only Partick's Marc McNulty has gone past 5 goals and the two scorers on 5 Storey & Griffiths are 2nd choice or back up strikers

Europa League
    Name:  europa league table.png
Views: 1428
Size:  743.1 KB

The dramatic result in Russia puts us top based on our win in Roma who beat St Etienne thanks to a El Shaarawy hat trick

14. It's easy this management malarkey aint it! Great results over Celtic and CSKA and just as important after the Celtic wins you didn't slip up against the "lower" teams. Domestic double on the cards and a nice Europa run perhaps?
    stonecold likes this.

15. Look at the teams ahead of Scotland in the rankings! its disgusting lol, Egypt, Mali, Paraguay & Venezuela !?!?!?!?
    stonecold likes this.

16. Quote Originally Posted by AldoKemp-1 View Post
    Look at the teams ahead of Scotland in the rankings! its disgusting lol, Egypt, Mali, Paraguay & Venezuela !?!?!?!?
    The ranking system is a joke!
    AldoKemp-1 likes this.

17. Scotland
    November Fixtures

Squad
    Name:  SCo play off squad.png
Views: 1331
Size:  800.0 KB

Lee Cooper is out so Russell Martin is called up in his place

Friendly
    Scotland 1-1 Bulgaria
    Name:  bulgaria.png
Views: 1321
Size:  539.2 KB

No worry's this was my back up 11 and a bit of game time for first teamers that needed it. Craig Bryson scored his first Scotland goal

World Cup Play Off 1st leg
    Poland 1-2 Scotland
    Name:  playoff 1.png
Views: 1320
Size:  538.5 KB

A Clean sheet was my target from the first leg but when Arka Milik took advantage of our laps defending to start the 2nd half to put Poland ahead. I had not completed my tactical changes to start chasing the now vital away goal when Mr reliable Leigh Griffiths got Scotland level. Both sides began making subs thinking about the game in 3 days time when amongst the confusion Robert Snodgrass struck the 2nd Scotland away goal of the tie and the match winning goal. Beyond delighted to be taking a lead back to Hampden and the two away goals means we just need to play smart and we'll be at the 2018 World Cup

World Cup Play Off 2nd leg
    Scotland 3-2 Poland
    Name:  playoff 2.png
Views: 1316
Size:  542.9 KB

Tonight Scotland can celebrate as for the first time in 20 years were going to a world cup.We were 2-0 up at half time thanks to Snodgrass & Morrison goals Poland brought a mini fightback but it was far too little far too late as Scotland fans in the crowd were already booking time off work for the world cup and practicing there sick calls for the morning.

Other results
    Name:  all play off results.png
Views: 1330
Size:  721.6 KB

Mail, Guinea, Iran and Jamaica the other surprise qualifiers. African revolution goes on as Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast and South Africa all miss out

Name:  world ranks.png
Views: 1321
Size:  748.3 KB

Results see us fly up the table

World Cup 2018 Draw
    Name:  WC Draw.png
Views: 1317
Size:  572.3 KB

I'd take that. It looks like a middle of the road group USA & Belgium will be tough games and Egypt will be one of the tougher African teams

Wales Drew Russia, Mexico & Columbia while England got a tougher group than ours. They face Costa Rica, Senegal and GERMANY hahahaha

AldoKemp-1 and ninjaskill like this.

18. Great group to be drawn in hopefully! didn't we play USA the last time we got to the finals ? They rankings look much better would say 18th behind all they teams are fair. Iran, Guinea, Brazil & Spain surely they 2 giants must go through but I bet theres a shock.

19. Quote Originally Posted by AldoKemp-1 View Post
    Great group to be drawn in hopefully! didn't we play USA the last time we got to the finals ? They rankings look much better would say 18th behind all they teams are fair. Iran, Guinea, Brazil & Spain surely they 2 giants must go through but I bet theres a shock.
    By shock do you think Iran or Guinea will sneak a draw or win from a game? Senagal vs France 2002 comes to mind. We were playing football during lunch break at school when a guy in the house next to school shouted the score out his window and we all stopped and applauded. Poor guy probably thought it was his greatest achievement

We've never played USA at a world cup ever in fact. The last World cup in 1998 we lost 2-1 to Brazil, Late own goal. Drew 1-1 with Norway in "the battle for 2nd" then got humiliated as usual in the 3rd game 3-0 by Morocco.

Little bit of history. In 3 of our last 4 final group games at world cup we've shot ourselves in the foot. 1998 is above, In 1990 Dons legend Jim Leighton fumbled a shot for Brazil's only goal and in 1982 Alan Hansen & Willie Miller ran into each other to let Soviet Union save a draw

20. November

CSKA game was my 100th game in charge and boy did the Dons put on a show
    Name:  100th game.png
Views: 1179
Size:  321.5 KB

Fixtures

Europa League match 4
    Aberdeen 4-1 CSKA
    Name:  1 CKSA.png
Views: 1185
Size:  511.1 KB

99 Games before this and only the Roma result gave me more satisfaction. Rooney gave us the lead towards the end of the first half but it was the second half where we exploded It all began with Anthony O'Connor heading home from a corner then a Own goal from old Brazilian left back Maxwell, who im sure i signed as a teenager in CM01/02. Thats how old he is! Niall McGinn started an amazing month personally by getting the 4th. Wifred Bony got a consolation but this was the end of there European campaign

Partick 1-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 partick.png
Views: 1169
Size:  527.3 KB

This was Adam Rooney's best game of the season. Struggling for goals so far this was not a problem today as he got 4 goals.

Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 Rangers.png
Views: 1173
Size:  523.4 KB

What did i just say about goalless draws? Celtic were also held to a goalless draw by Dundee so arguably the 4 top teams at the moment couldnt find a goal between them.

Europa League Match 5
    Aberdeen 2-3 St Etienne
    Name:  4 St Ettienn.png
Views: 1175
Size:  528.2 KB

This is heartbreaking for 3 reasons. A Draw would have put us in the last 32, 2 we saved our subs to be fresh at the end and we should have been the fitter quicker team in the last 20 minutes, 3 We had a 2 goal lead twice including going 3-1 up with 20 minutes to go. All this without mentioning that the French side scored in the 92nd minute and hold a head to head advantage so if they beat CSKA next time and we loose to Roma were out.

Aberdeen 3-2 Dundee
    Name:  6 dundee.png
Views: 1175
Size:  536.9 KB

This was the first of two games i simply had to play u19s due to burn out. One of the starters Alan Granger had a interesting 15 minute run out. He opened the scoring after 6 minutes, becoming Aberdeen's youngest ever scorer before making a terrible challenge less than 10 minutes later and getting a red card. We had to drastically alter our team but Niall McGinn once again showed why loosing Hayes was not the end of the world. Dundee almost fought there way back into it with 2 goals in the last 5 minutes but we held on to get a tough fought win.

SPFL Table
    Name:  spl table.png
Views: 1167
Size:  828.9 KB

Our gap is down to 5 points but we have a game in hand over Celtic who should be more worried about Rangers and amazingly Hamilton only 3 points behind. Dundee & Hearts fill out the top 6 while St Johnstone continue to look like the worst team in the league but Falkirk are not far ahead. Mark McNulty still leads the golden boot race. Rooneys 4 goals at Partick had him up to 2nd with Griffiths

Europa League
    Name:  europa.png
Views: 1176
Size:  742.0 KB

Gutted with the St Etienne result. I never expected to be in the fight to qualify but now we are that result hurt. Its in our own hands so to speak. Not sure if we'll play 11 men behind the ball. 10 in the box but if and probably when we loose qualification is still possible is CSKA can get a result in France.

AndySams10 and ninjaskill like this.

21. Betfred Cup Final 2017

Name:  final.jpg
Views: 1650
Size:  37.2 KB

Rangers vs Aberdeen
    Name:  rangers.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  9.7 KBName:  aberdeen logo.png
Views: 1479
Size:  8.5 KB
    Our first game against Rangers in a final since 1999 when Rod Wallace broke Jim Leighton's jaw.

Formations
    Name:  formations.png
Views: 1485
Size:  364.5 KB

Rangers want to play 8 at the back then feel free! Cowards

Rangers 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 rangers.png
Views: 1509
Size:  540.8 KB

This was my favorite game, Well not my favorite but the one i laughed at most. Rangers utterly shit the bed. A bad performance would have been enough however they did everything possible to loose this game. Striker 1 a 37th minute red card for Julien De Sart Red, Striker 2 Red card for Andy Hallidy, 3 With 10 minute to go Aiden Wilson went of injured meaning they finished with 8 players. Back to back Cup wins and we are still unbeaten in the Betfred cup

8 League cup Games 8 Wins and two trophy's

22. Class story mate keep it up!
    stonecold likes this.

23. You love that league cup, eh? Keep up the great story.
    stonecold likes this.

24. December

Huge hangover from a 7-1 thrashing in Rome. However we still made it to the last 32!!!!

Fixtures

Ross County 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 ross county.png
Views: 1466
Size:  531.7 KB

5 back up players appeared once again and this time without the worry of a 14th minute red card we managed to go on to win comfortably. A Nice warm up for Roma

Europa League Match 6
    Roma 7-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 roma.png
Views: 1452
Size:  497.3 KB

Utter humiliation. But thanks to CSKA winning in France we have amazingly made it through to the last 32. Amazing to see that happen from this group and on the back of a 7-1 defeat. some what amazingly Rooney gave us the lead before Dzeko scored 5, made one of there 6 goals. We did put on the kids once we went 3-1 behind and CSKA were winning 2-0 and tried to attack so even at best this would have been a 4-1 defeat i think.

Aberdeen 1-2 St Johnstone
    Name:  3 St Johnstone.png
Views: 1456
Size:  497.7 KB

I am now in the season of resting players and its about to show. It started fine With Matthias Klein setting himself up for a run of games with the opening goal after 6 minutes. St Johnstone equalized with there first effort on goal and 10 minutes later Chris Kane scored his and the teams 2nd goals from there second and final shot on target to secure a huge win in there relegation a battle.

Aberdeen 0-1 Hamilton
    Name:  4 hamilton.png
Views: 1444
Size:  534.2 KB

How can we have lost 2 games letting in 3 goals from 3 shots on target and loosing both games.........

Hearts 1-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 hearts.png
Views: 1448

We had to get a result after two defeats on the bounce and we came close too but we once again shot ourselves in the foot. Rooney put us ahead but at 13 minutes when Hearts equalized it looked like this was going to be a goal fest. Not much else happened till wing back Petar Zanev got sent off and left us in the lurch and hanging to get our first point in 3 games

Aberdeen 3-2 Celtic
    Name:  6 Celtic.png
Views: 1432
Size:  530.3 KB

A brilliant fight at Pittodire. Celtic smell blood with our team faulting. Rooney got the opening goal and only goal of the first half. Leigh Griffiths pulled the game level right after the break. Celtic didnt take there chances and a quick fire double from first McLean and then Rooney again got us across the line despite Holzauser scoring a consolation at the end.

Inverness 2-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  7 ICT.png
Views: 1437
Size:  538.0 KB

An exciting tie up in the highlands where our bogie team did all they could. We were 3 goals clear before the half hour. Jake Mulraney pulled ICT back into it just before the break. Cammy Smith came off the bench to make it 4-1 and as usual we let in a late consolation

Aberdeen 2-2 Falkirk
    Name:  8 Flakirk.png
Views: 1435
Size:  533.3 KB

This is the pits! Falkirk took the lead right from kick off for the Bairns but quickly Matt Klein equalized. At this point you would have expected to go on and win well and about a hour later sub Miles Storey put us in the lead but our lazy last 10 minute defense let in another points depriving goal and just to end the year on a utter downer as Diego Poyet got sent off. Might be his last game someone outbids our low buy out fee.

SPFL Table
Views: 1469
Size:  831.5 KB

The heat is on at the top. We have a game in hand but there's only 3 points between us and the Old Firm. Hearts, Dundee & Hamilton have a comfortable gap in the top 6, St Johnstone & Falkirk close the gap on the rest of the top 6. Up front Norweigen Striker Bjorn Johnsen found his shooting boots to joining the Rooney & Griffiths fight for the golden boots

Name:  ray mckinnon.png
Views: 1437
Size:  738.9 KB

First manager change of the year at McDermott park as reliable Tommy Wright is sacked after becoming far less reliable. He is replaced with Dundee United manager Ray McKinnon

Europa League
    Name:  europa table.png
Views: 1423
Size:  751.1 KB

What a achievement to beat St Etienne and CSKA Moscow. The win in Roma will last a long time in the memory.

Europa League Last 32 draw
Views: 1433
Size:  756.9 KB

Pretty fair draw for us. No sign of Celtic? well they finished last again so we are the first Scottish team to be in Europe after Christmas in the save

AldoKemp-1 and AndySams10 like this.

25. January

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-0 Hibs
    Name:  1 hibs.png
Views: 1391
Size:  547.9 KB

Plenty players on each team seemed to be suffering from hogmanay in this rescheduled game. It took till the last 15 minutes when a header from O'Connor & a classy finish from Adam Rooney put us further clear at the top heading towards a shortened winter break.

Aberdeen 4-2 Partick Thistle
    Name:  2 partick.png
Views: 1384
Size:  542.2 KB

Rest of the league had 2 weeks away while we only got 10 days. Still it didnt show in the come from behind win against Partick who took the lead through Stefan Scougall once of Livingstone. Kenny McLean and Hernani goals had turned the match on its head by halftime. Lundemo and Vico had the game won as the hour passed while Partick got another back from the penalty spot

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
    Name:  3 rangers.png
Views: 1376
Size:  540.3 KB

Our pals from Govan not quite recovered from the cup final. Callum Patterson from right back gave us the lead with the only first half goal. Rangers were not over ran here and for once it was our energy and fitness in the final 15 minutes that forced a own goal from Wes Fotheringham and young striker Matthius Klien, who i rejected a £6m bid from Man City for. If there bidding that much for him as a sub then there is no way i'l lever sell him. Stewart Milne may have other idea's

Scottish Cup 4th Round
    Queen of the South 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 qots.png
Size:  536.2 KB

Well this was utterly terrifying. Humiliation was moments away after Queens took the lead on the 68th minute and looked to be holding on as we got to the end. Cup folklore will have to wait this time however as Klien once again and Miles Storey playing his final minute at the club scored a 93rd minute winner.

Hibs 2-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 hibs.png
Views: 1371
Size:  534.7 KB

This was ugly All was going well with Diego Poyet putting us ahead before half time. Nothing worth reporting went down till the 85th minute when Callum Patterson decided it would be a great idea to give away a penalty which Stewart Murdoch put away, No Mystery there Alibi fans. Things got worse as on loan West Ham forward Luka Belic put Hibs ahead with 1 minute to go. At times of pearl your captain is needed and Ryan Jack stepped up deep deep into stoppage time to rescue a point. Only saving grace was Celtic dropping points tonight too.

Dundee 2-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 dundee.png
Views: 1371
Size:  541.2 KB

After spending the last few weeks flirting with defeat today was the day it actually went down. A worth draw looked to be on the cards after first half goals from Jai Quitongo & Kenny McLean. villain of the month was Callum Patterson and he earned his cape and evil giggle by getting sent off with 13 minutes to go. Plenty time for The son of legendary Jose to score a 2nd and give us our first defeat of the month.

SPFL Table
    Name:  Table.png
Views: 1372
Size:  827.1 KB

Still very little in it at the top. If Celtic win there game in hand there will be four points between the top 3. Hearts are probably too far behind but are the form team of the last month as Craig Levine wins manager of the month t end his first year in charge. Dundee and Hamilton hold a comfortable gap to the top 6 places with only Hibs in a strong enough state to chase them down. St Johnstone under Ray McKinnon look even more likely to be automatically relegated but with nothing between 9th and 11th its still all to play for.

Transfer Window
Views: 1383
Size:  829.1 KB

Aberdeen Transfers

2 youths and 2 loans to make up for the loss of Myles Storey. I tried to add quite a few players from across Europe but there was always a stumbling block usually wages.

Aberdeen Back where it all began-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-3.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-4.png

Out
    I've made a brave and bold move to accept a bid for Myles Storey. He was having a great season with 10 goals from 33 appearances but over £2m for a player that was in and out of the team and had 18 months left on his contract was always going to be accepted due to out money ball for youth mentality.

Scottish Transfers
    Name:  spl transgers.png
Views: 1370
Size:  828.7 KB

A terrible window for Celtic who loose Scott Sinclair and Nir Bitton without replacing either player. Think i Overpaid for Fernando Rey but like all our youth they have potential to be better than any current player. Ali Msakni may be ready for the No1 job too soon for Jordan Archer's liking. Motherwell championship cheat mode Louis Moult never really worked out so £450k for a player who scored 1 goal all season was good work.

World Transfers
Views: 1383
Size:  829.1 KB

We only dream of spening £20m+ Di Maria back in Manchester is interesting to say the least. Franck Kessie could be the next Makelele? While PSG go on a striker buying buying Javier Hernandez and Domenico Berardi

26. Flying on all fronts my friend! Looking like it could be a very good season
    stonecold likes this.

27. February

Fixtures

St Johnstone 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 st johnstone.png
Views: 1293
Size:  530.1 KB

For some reason we've started to struggle against the smaller team but the returning Niall McGinn won the game in the second half

Scottish Cup 5th Round
    Aberdeen 2-0 Morton
    Name:  2 morton.png
Views: 1285
Size:  532.3 KB

Youth team put on a great performance. Im sure some of these will be starting next year especially one of the goal scorers

Europa League Last 32 1st leg
    Aberdeen 1-0 Olympiakos
    Name:  3 olympiakos.png
Views: 1292
Size:  533.8 KB

The now familiar packed Pittodrie used to only happen for nights like this. Despite our good form against bigger teams this gets real and i had to use under 20 players Grangier and Frizzell. We got off to a great start with Rooney getting the only goal of the game 13 minute in. We went on to dominate the game but using experienced players to support youth players perhaps took away our chances of winning by a bigger margin. Delighted with the home clean sheet.

Aberdeen 1-2 Ross County
    Name:  4 ross co.png
Views: 1298
Size:  527.2 KB

And thump back to reality. To be fair this was a totally different 11 players which was always going to be a mistake against a highland team.

Europa League Last 32 2nd leg
    Olympiakos 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 olympiakso.png
Views: 1276

Agg Aberdeen 4-1 Olympiakos
    Biggest bug in the game discovered. Only 230 Aberdeen fans made the trip to Greece for the second leg. In the real world more fans than that would probably make the trip without tickets to the game! but back to the game. Rooney Opened the scoring giving us a massive advantage. the Greeks had 80 minutes to score 3 goals but despite theme equalising the Dons were the team that scored 3 goals for a big win and a last 16 tie

Fenerbahce knockout Monaco 9-7 would be the only other upset
    Name:  europa all results.png
Views: 1286
Size:  768.1 KB

Aberdeen 0-1 Hearts
    Name:  6 hearts.png
Views: 1281

HOWEVER! 3 days later and a few changes due to knackered players we were destroying Hearts in one of our best displays of the season when they won a penalty with 12 minutes to go to scorer the only goal of the game. A late red card for Mitrea could speed up his exit from the club this summer

Hamilton 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  7 hamilton.png
Views: 1276
Size:  532.8 KB

Finally we got the goals in a SPL game that we've been threatening for the past few month. Goals from Jack, wing back Dilaver and Cammy Smith had the game won before half time

SPFL Table
Views: 1272
Size:  850.3 KB

All of the top 3 have there struggles and with 8 games to go there is only 4 points in it. Hearts who at one point looked like pushing catching us for a top 3 spot now have Hamilton, Dundee, Hibs and even Partick on there tails. Still lots to play for in the race for top 6. St Johnstone however its just a matter of when. 10 points behind the three way battle of Ross County, Inverness CT & Falkirk.

Europa League
    Last 16 Draw
    Aberdeen vs Inter Milan
    Name:  europa last 16 draw.png
Views: 1282
Size:  717.5 KB

Anything other than Anderlecht, Fenerbahce or Dynamo Kyiv would have a been a monster draw to overcome and Inter will prove to be that

Youth Intake 2018
    Name:  youth 1.png
Views: 1270
Size:  833.8 KB

Very early intake this season. Adam Smith is our "best of a generation" player we sign up a few others. Pretty good class.

Aberdeen Back where it all began-youth-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-3.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-4.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-5.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-6.png

28. March

A 1st league title in over 30 years is slipping through our fingers thanks to a fight on 3 fronts and my players really letting themselves down against quality opposition

Fixtures

Scottish Cup Q/F
    Aberdeen 2-1 Rangers
    Name:  1 rangers.png
Views: 1213

We had to rest a few players with inter just around the corner but had enough to see of Rangers with two goals in 4 minutes from Gauld & Rooney. Ali Coote pulled Rangers back into it on the 2nd half but they didnt come close to a second half equalizer and a semi final spot against of course Celtic

Europa League Last 16 1st Leg
    Aberdeen 3-0 Inter Milan
    Name:  2 inter 1st.png
Views: 1209
Size:  535.1 KB

Aberdeen take away your 2 top wingers and what do you get???? another amazing result against an Italian team. Kenny McLean put us ahead on the 8th minute. The feared second half fight back never happened and by the hour we were amazingly 3-0 up. The match was even enough and we put in our best performance ever.

Celtic 2-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 celtic.png
Views: 1215
Size:  543.4 KB

This was the saddest result, especially off the Inter result. We were in the lead when with 20 minutes to go i was trying make a few changes during which Celtic scored twice with a dodgy penalty decision.

Europa League Last 16 2nd Leg
    Inter 1-2 Aberdeen
    Agg Aberdeen 5-1 Inter
    Name:  4 inter 2nd.png
Views: 1207
Size:  534.2 KB

Could Aberdeen hold on for a historic win? Well when Christan Tello scored after 2 minutes it made me think a Roma repeat was on its way but amazingly from there 26 shots that was the only one that went in! On the other hand we had 3 shots on target and only 2 of them went in on either side of half time which was enough to set us on our way to an incredible result.

Falkirk 2-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 falfirk.png
Views: 1216

So except for players that were knackered this was the same team that just won in Milan just with a more attacking system. FM17 really angers me!

Aberdeen 3-1 Inverness CT
    Name:  6 ict.png
Views: 1202
Size:  542.5 KB

Our final game against a bottom half team as we head into the split. The game was over with 3 first half goals from youngsters Cammy Smith, Fede Vico and Matthias Klein had this game in the bag and we quickly turned our attention to Liverpool

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL table.png
Views: 1204
Size:  850.5 KB

Celtic take advantage of our mess and Rangers doing almost as bad. 5 games to go top 3 still in it. 3rd, 4th & 5th get into Europe so nobody wants that 6th spot. Falkirk with a little bit too much help from us are 7 points clear of the play off spot so it should be between the highland teams for the play off spot

Managers
    Name:  managers.png
Views: 1201
Size:  714.8 KB

Both sides decided to change managers for the run in.

Europa League Quarter Final Draw
    Aberdeen vs Liverpool
    Name:  Europa qf draw.png
Views: 1206
Size:  703.0 KB

A battle of Britian. Klopp's side are also in 2nd spot fighting for a title.

29. can't believe you've dropped to second! hopefully you get it back in the split!
    stonecold likes this.

30. April

Like Celtic & Rangers in the past glorious Europa League failure leads lo SPL title destruction.

Fixtures

Europa League Q/F 1st Leg
    Liverpool 3-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  liverpool 1.png
Views: 1170

Well a does of reality hurts! Liverpool were the first big team in the knock out phase to knock us out of the park and with no away goal we'll need a miracle at Pittodrie

Hamilton 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 hamilton.png
Views: 1155
Size:  535.7 KB

With a doomed European campaign we had to play a strong side to try and keep our SPL dreams alive and 3 goals in the first 28 minutes made sure of that.

Europa League Q/F 2nd Leg
    Aberdeen 1-0 Liverpool
    AGG Liverpool 3-1
    Name:  lierpool 3.png
Views: 1156
Size:  536.7 KB

We go out with our heads held high but it could have been so much more as Liverpool dod there best to hand us a result. Nothing of note happened in the first half till James Milner got a red card and despite a extra man it took till the last 15 minutes to get the breakthrough and that we had nothing left to offer and are out after a proud run.

Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 rangers.png
Views: 1156
Size:  542.1 KB

We arrived at Ibrox full of hope after our performance against Liverpool but after only 15 minutes we looked to have sent our SPL dreams down the toilet as Rangers raced into a 2 goal lead. Kenny McLean pulled a goal back but despite our best efforts we couldnt pull level to put our title challenge on the verge of failure. What a time to loose our first game ever to Rangers!

Hearts 1-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 hearts.png
Views: 1149
Size:  539.8 KB

Never have i had a more must win game than this game at Tyncastle and the last thing we need is a recalled Sandro getting a red card after TWO MINUTES! the 10 men battled hard and fell behind to young winger Sam Nicholson's goal but were not totally doomed thanks to a free kick from Lundemo with 15 minutes left to rescue a point and secure Sandro's spot on the transfer list, 2 week fine and a decrea that he'll never play for me again!

Scottish Cup Semi Final
    Celtic 1-7 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 celtic.png
Views: 1162
Size:  537.6 KB

Is this some sort of joke? Maybe Celtic were saving themselves for the league match with several regular players not in the squad at all but no excuse can be given to my guys for choosing today to find there scoring boots. McLean and Klein both scored hattrick's and Hernani found a full game to stay fit and score. This is also a first him. Falkirk await in the final having recently secured there SPL status for another year.

Name:  sco cup final.png
Views: 1163
Size:  682.7 KB

Aberdeen 5-1 Celtic
    Name:  7 celtic.png
Views: 1160
Size:  539.0 KB

We had to go all out again exactly a week after putting 7 past them and the four goal swing might not look like much here but could also be priceless in the title race. Were 6 goals ahead of Celtic and much more than that to Rangers if it comes down to goal difference now the old firm sides would finish behind us.

SPFL Table
Views: 1186
Size:  834.6 KB

So it all comes down to the final day at the top and for the play off spot.

For the Top 3
    Celtic just need to win at Hearts by a winning margin no less than 6 goals less than Rangers to secure the title
    Rangers must better Celtic's result
    Aberdeen need Celtic and Rangers to not win and we must beat Dundee at Pittodrie

Hearts, Dundee and Hamilton need a result themselves. Split by 2 points and only two of them will be in the Europa League qualifiers.

At the bottom
    St Johnstone are down. While Ross County need a better result than Inverness CT to get out of a play off tie with Kilmarnock, St Mirren or Motherwell.

Raith beat Motherwell to the title on goals scored, Dundee United were almost in the relegation play off down in 8th!

31. What an intense final day of the season! Usually Rangers come out on top of a Helicopter sunday! I noticed they only had Wes Fod as the remaining player of the current regime to start against you lol.

Good luck tough ask to hope both the OF lose.
    stonecold likes this.

32. Quote Originally Posted by AldoKemp-1 View Post
    What an intense final day of the season! Usually Rangers come out on top of a Helicopter sunday! I noticed they only had Wes Fod as the remaining player of the current regime to start against you lol.

Good luck tough ask to hope both the OF lose.
    Jeez! I never noticed that there turnover had been so big in less than 2 years. I thought we wer bad!
    AldoKemp-1 likes this.

33. Final Day

Aberdeen 2-1 Dundee
    We did our bit. What about the Old Firm?
    Name:  spl results.png
Views: 1327
Size:  754.5 KB

Views: 1109

Thanks Celtic. We made the best of a bad situation and sneak into a champions league spot. That was the target for this season but i had no plans to finish behind Rangers who i think surprised us all. Celtic's side never recovered from selling all there players and the question is will Rodgers be around to work on rebuilding the squad for next season.

While at the other end ICT finish 11th

Last edited by stonecold; 20/12/2016 at 10:12 PM.
    AldoKemp-1 and Chrisk86 like this.

34. Sorry I'm celebrating the Rangers win lol, Told you helicopter Sunday usually ends up in direction of Govan lol, You must be aiming to win the league next season and hopefully grab a group stage spot which will be tricky.

35. Great european run but looks like it cost you the title. Very close though and i'm sure after the euro run, with your newly improved reputation you can sign one or two new players of higher quality and push on next season and win the league
    stonecold likes this.

36. enjoying following this. agree with neavie about the benefit of the euro run vs how it cost you in the league. a few years back I would always do a hibs save and I found that sacrificing the league for the sake of a good Europa league run normally paid dividends in the long run thanks to the money!
    stonecold likes this.

37. Quote Originally Posted by AldoKemp-1 View Post
    Sorry I'm celebrating the Rangers win lol, Told you helicopter Sunday usually ends up in direction of Govan lol
    Your so close to getting blocked haha. Rangers winning the title is the absolute pits! Disaster for us up north.

Agree with Neavie & Battman. I think it was over £2.5m in prize money alone never mind the 3 games we sold out Pittodrie for. Early days of the transfer window suggests that if better players are interesting there asking for money thats about double of what we can afford
    AldoKemp-1 and TheBattman like this.

38. Scottish Cup Final 2017/18

Name:  sco cup.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  10.4 KB

Aberdeen Vs Falkirk
    Name:  aberdeen logo.png
Size:  8.5 KB Name:  falkirk logo.jpg
Size:  3.3 KB

Formations
Views: 1220
Size:  368.7 KB

Big job for Austin up top as they look to copy Rangers everyone behind the ball tactic. Still cant be mad at any team playing CM legend Mark Kerr. Only player missing from there strongest 11 is Bob McHugh. In the build up to this gme we lost a 3rd starting defender as Callum Paterson gives our world cup squad a scare joining O'Conner and Zanev by missing the final game of the year.

Aberdeen 4-0 Falkirk
    Name:  match.png
Views: 1218
Size:  598.1 KB

Hard to think of when we had a more dominant win all season. Shame we came on strong 2 weeks later than required to win the treble. Still a nice end to a very fun season.

AldoKemp-1 and Zorko7 like this.

39. End Of Season 2017/18 Review

Scotland
Views: 1114

Rangers defense helped turn there mediocre 1st season to history as they win there first title in 7 seasons. Celtic can consider 3 a disaster as was there last month of the season. They were worse than us and thats saying something. After a stunning start to the season where we were quickly 8 points clear failing to win the League is very disappointing. The end of season form proves my thought that the Europa League played havoc and without that run we'd have won the league but i would not trade that first Europa run for the world, just need a stronger team to try do it again next season. We got 75 points, 2 more than last year and lost 9 games again so no progression at all really. Hearts & Dundee secure the Europa League spots. Inverness finished 11th after a season long battle while St Johnstone were as bad as they looked.

Championship winner Raith join the top flight next season. Livingston & Morton swap with Alloa & Ayr in League 1, Cowdenbeath & Stirling go up and replace Queens Park & Albion Rovers go down to League 2. Hawick RA lost there relegation play off to highland league side Brora so we have another team from the north in the leagues.

Big 4 league review
    Name:  other leagues.png
Views: 1148
Size:  859.8 KB

Real Madrid just sneaked by defending champions Atletico Madrid to win La Liga. Barcelona were in the fight this year just behind. A further 20 points back Valencia got 4th spot 1 point ahead of Villareal
    Arsenal won the league with 90 points comfortably clear of the Manchester teams. Chelsea beat Tottenham to 4th by a point and Leicester are in Europe once again finishing 7th. Crystal Palace & Middlesbrough and last years Championship winners Derby go down. Newcastle finish in the top 10.
    Bayern by a miles once again. Dortmund, Leverkusen & Schalke in the champions league
    Wow a sudden change of the guard in Italy. Roma & Napoli finish ahead of Juventus in the title race. Juve finished 2 goals clear of Inter to sneak into next years Champions League. Wonder where we would finish in this league???

Early Summer Manager Changes
    Lee Clark - Dundee Utd
    Allan Johnston - Ross County

With the world cup i expect lots of changes on the other side of the summer

Aberdeen 2017/18
    Name:  aberdeen stats.png
Views: 1137
Size:  796.2 KB

Emir Dilaver outplayed big money replacement Callum Paterson but neither wing back was as good as the player they replaced sadly. Money was the winner over club success. Shinnie not so much but i never appreciated Shay Logan for behind as good in FM as he was. McGinn and Rooney reach important stages of there careers at Pittodrie this summer. McGinn enters his last year of his contract at 30 years old i will accept any decent offers if they come early in the window and if his contract demands are too much he could end up on the transfer list. Rooneys situation is not as desperate. He has another year on his contract but again i'd listen to the right offers. Mathoho brought the composure i expected at the back. We just need a long term partner. Might come from the u20's but time will tell. If Hernani will be a star if he can learn how to stay fit.

Aberdeen Fans player if the year
    Niall McGinn
    Name:  play of the year.png
Views: 1107
Size:  283.5 KB

12 months left on his contract. Will we loose our fans player of the year for the second season in a row?

Aberdeen Finances
    Final balance £9,7m +£7m
    Name:  finances.png
Views: 1145
Size:  656.3 KB

Great financial figures thanks to our European run.

Other Competitions

Champions League
    Barcelona 2-1 Ath Madrid
    Name:  CL tree.png
Views: 1142
Size:  720.9 KB

A repeat of last years final and a repeat result as Barcelona become the first team to retain the Champions League

Europa League
    Liverpool 2-1 AC Milan
    Name:  europa winners.png
Views: 1142
Size:  721.4 KB

Nice to know we lost the eventual champions again! They were not without there luck with AC Milan playing over a hour with 10 men.

Scottish teams in Europe 2016/17
    Celtic - Champions League group phase
    Aberdeen - Europa League Quarter Finals
    Rangers - Europa League Play off
    Dundee - Europa League Play off

Aberdeen rating in the European game improves again from 165th
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-club-ranks.png

Awards

SPL Player of the year
    Moussa Dembele
    Name:  award player of the year.png
Views: 1137
Size:  833.6 KB

First of the three big awards that all came his way.

SPL Young Player of the year
    Moussa Dembele
    Name:  award young player of  the year.png
Views: 1121
Size:  776.9 KB

SPL Top Scorer
    Moussa Dembele
    Name:  Awards top scorer.png
Views: 1132
Size:  835.9 KB

Can thank Rooney for having such a sub standard season up front. History proved Rooney never wins this back to back.

Scottish team of the year
    Name:  awards team of the year.png
Views: 1136
Size:  704.5 KB

GK Jordan Archer is the only player that makes the squad. A fall from last years 5 to say the least.

Last edited by stonecold; 20/12/2016 at 10:07 PM.

40. It's like you're trying to fall out with me lol
    stonecold likes this.

41. Crash

Tonight i had the misfortune of the save crashing at possibly the worst time as i finished my World Cup group

Name:  Match 3 table.png
Views: 1676
Size:  723.9 KB

Last save point was the end of April just a few days before the final game. I thought its only fair that i save before the major events, Thankfully Rangers won the title, Liverpool the Europa League and Barcelona the Champions League.

Two things have changed for the original post which is now updated

SPL
Views: 1625

Inverness finished in 11th and kept there SPL spot in the play off

Fans player of the year
    Niall McGinn
    Name:  play of the year.png
Views: 1603
Size:  283.5 KB

AldoKemp-1 likes this.

42. Nasty you lost the save, pity you never went on to win the league although you would have probably felt annoyed and not deserving of it lol!

Strange how Celtic dominated team of the year yet finished 3rd in the league!
    stonecold likes this.

43. Quote Originally Posted by AldoKemp-1 View Post
    Nasty you lost the save, pity you never went on to win the league although you would have probably felt annoyed and not deserving of it lol!

Strange how Celtic dominated team of the year yet finished 3rd in the league!

I would have just reloaded it till the top 3 finished the same way. Everything else is not majorly important in the long run. Killie fans have a right to be angry but you have to draw a line somewhere.

Celtic finished the season loosing 2-1 to Rangers, 5-1 to us and a draw at Hearts. Not to mention the thrashing we gave the in the cup. They've just been abysmal in the transfer windows.
    AldoKemp-1 likes this.

44. Scotland World Cup 2018

Name:  wc poster.jpg
Size:  10.3 KB

Add a Dundee Utd legend as a coach
    Sad that i remember watching him play and here he is 55!
    Name:  malpas.png
Views: 1382
Size:  241.8 KB

The Squad
    Name:  Squad.png
Views: 1415
Size:  792.3 KB

Back up player Russell Martin is the biggest player were missing. James McArthur and Ross McCormack fought back from season long injurys to get back in the team. Craig Gordon's finished after last year s injury leaving Marshall as the clear No1. Berra hold on to his spot for one last tournament. Maybe. The other 3 have long futures in the defense. At 34 nobody deserves this more than Darren Fletcher. Front 3 have been the same for most of the qualifying campaign and all are in the prime of there career

Warm up games

Serbia 2-1 Scotland
    Name:  warm up 1.png
Views: 1426
Size:  524.6 KB

Not the result the team needed in what was supposed to be a confidence building warm up game

Honduras 1-3 Scotland
    Name:  warm up 2.png
Views: 1378
Size:  546.0 KB

Again not the result we were looking for. Injurs to both wing backs didnt help our cause with the competition kick off just days away

Just a reminder of the teams that await us
    Name:  group.png
Views: 1375
Size:  716.3 KB

Tragedy is this guys retired

AldoKemp-1 likes this.

45. World Cup Group Phase

Match 1
    Scotland 2-1 Egypt
    Name:  match 1.png
Views: 1344
Size:  513.3 KB

After our pre crash game i even considered playing back up players but with match fitness a issue i went four our best team. Our best was not enough in the first half as it was coming to a close the Africans took the lead through Ramadan Sobhi gave them a shock first half lead. WE had a far more attacking look in the second half that gave more chances to both teams but it was man of the match to be Chris Berra who headed home the equalizing goal before Matt Ritchie gave us a lead we were never to loose. We did however loose big game player Robert Snodgrass for the rest of the tournament with a hamstring injury

Belgium found it quite easy going against the USA who we face next.
    Name:  match 1 table.png
Views: 1336
Size:  721.4 KB

Match 2
    USA 3-4 Scotland
    Name:  match 2.png
Views: 1358
Size:  510.1 KB

This must be a shout for game of the tournament. It all began in the 3rd minute with Ross McCormacks push for the golden boot began and he doubled his total just after the half hour. The American's couldnt keep up with us. The very American sounding Aron Johannsson pulled one back before Emerson Hyndman who played against us for St Etienne last year equalized in first half stoppage time. Ross McCormack chose the 52nd minute to become the first player not called Steven Fletcher to score a hat-trick since 1969 With the game back and forth our normal lead forward Leigh Griffiths got his first of the competition to make the game safe before captain Michael Bradley made the last 5 minutes nervous.

Two stoppage time goals for Belgium secured both of our places in the last 16 where we will play either Spain or Brazil. Pick your poison!
    Name:  match 2 table.png
Views: 1335
Size:  727.2 KB

Match 3
    Belgium 1-0 Scotland
    Name:  match 3.png
Views: 1342
Size:  603.1 KB

I would never put out a team too loose but with Berra banned and fitness a bit of a issue i decided to rest players as much as possible and the way it worked out from the Starting 11 if i subbed on Scott Bain then all my 23 man squad will have seen some deserved game time. With all that in mind the performance against one of the best teams in the world is not much of a shock. Crystal Palace's Benteke scored the only goal of the game.

My favorite American player scored the only goal in there game to lock down 3rd place for America.
    Name:  match 3 table.png
Size:  731.8 KB

No massive shocks as Russia in there home competition, Uruguay and USA were the biggest sides going home early.
    Name:  all tables 1.png
Size:  587.6 KB

Name:  all tables 2.png
Views: 1326
Size:  595.1 KB

Second Round Draw
    Spain vs Scotland
    Name:  2nd round draw.png
Views: 1324
Size:  695.5 KB

So there's our route to the final. Spain>Portugal>England. Could argue that only the Columbia v Croatia game lacks a huge name. Italy vs England, and seems a bit early in the competition for Argentina vs France

AldoKemp-1 likes this.

46. World Cup 2nd Round
    Name:  Fifa_wc_trophy.jpg
Views: 1464
Size:  14.7 KB

Spain vs Scotland
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-spagirl.jpg Aberdeen Back where it all began-scogirl.jpg

Our teams shape up quite similar except Spain clearly use Busquets to man mark Ross McCormack after his hat-trick against the USA. Alba as a left forward though???
Views: 1311
Size:  332.2 KB

Spain 2-0 Scotland
    Name:  match.png
Views: 1273
Size:  509.3 KB

Dont let the stats fool you. Spain whooped us in the first half and at 2-0 up they had kept us to 1 shot off target. They clearly relaxed in a second half we bossed but could not score. It seemed every 10 minutes De Gea was turning a Matt Ritchie effort over the bar. So the dream is over but getting this far is beyond what i and the nation expected. It was a tough road through a qualification group that was far from a convincing win in the play-off against a stronger Poland team to even make it to Russia.

Looking at 2020 9 players will be over 30 and how many will be in shape to play in 2 years time?

Next up is the First ever European International league. For those like me who know nothing about this it is basically aimed at removing pointless friendlys. Here's how the next 2 years will work out roughly

Name:  scedule 2019.png
Views: 1285
Size:  32.3 KB

As you see it is linked to Euro 2020 qualification

I'll try keep this short
    Euro 2020 qualifying will have 10 groups, 5 groups with 5 teams and 5 with 6 teams with the Nations league final 4 teams guaranteed to be in the groups of 5. 2 qualify from each group.

Now this is the explanation for the playoff spots. Basically it looks like we'll play it by ear and worry about it if we dont finish top 2.

"Each Nations League division will be allocated one of the four remaining UEFA Euro 2020 places. Four teams from each division which have not already qualified for the Euro finals will compete in the play-offs for each division, to be played in March 2020. The play-off berths will be first allocated to each pool winner, and if any of the pool winners have already qualified for the Euro finals, then to the next best ranked team of the division, etc. If in any division, there are fewer than four teams which have not already qualified for the Euro finals, the play-off berths will be allocated to the next best ranked team of the following division, etc.
    The play-offs will consist of two "one-off" semi-finals (best-ranked team vs. fourth best-ranked team and second best-ranked team vs. third best-ranked team, played at home of higher-ranked teams) and one "one-off" final between the two semi-finals winners (venue drawn in advance). The four division winners will join the 20 teams which have already qualified for the Euro finals. This means at least one team from each Nations League division will qualify for the Euro finals"

47. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    I'll try keep this short

I failed you all. Merry Xmas!
    AldoKemp-1 likes this.

48. McArthurs performance against Spain was awful!

49. Pre Season 2018/19

Last summer didnt go to plan then this summer so this year i spent much more time bidding for players and offering contracts than risking missing out on players. 8 Youth players are signed up. Some hard cash went to Motherwell for there best youth prospect and another Aussie star from the FFA center of excellence. Looks like we'll be playing a lot of youth players next term having reviewed the squad Garnager at 16 is almost as good as my other left backs and Klein, keeper Ali Msakni, Ross McCailey and Callum Dickinson have been receiving multiple bids off big English & European teams so they will get more playing time.

Coaching Boost
    Name:  dons coach.png
Views: 1219
Size:  750.8 KB

We got a huge boost in the coaching staff after improving our training facilities we now have 7 dedicated coaches so we can cover every angle of coaching add to that a improved 8 strong scouting team. 3 in Scotland , 1 in France, Spain, Holland, England and Croatia. I Would like to boost my presence in the east. No scouts in Scandinavia as thats my favorite spot so i do that myself.

Manager Changes
    Michael Laudrup - SC Bastia
    Marcelino - Roma
    Manuel Pellegrini - Besiktas
    Laurent Blanc - Sevilla
    Paul Sheerin - Dunfermline
    Ernesto Valverde - Spain
    Luciano Spalletti - Italy

World Cup
    Name:  WC 2018 finals.png
Views: 1258
Size:  722.6 KB

The reason for most of these job changes is of course the world cup. The final 8 teams were all European's and the final 2 were England vs Germany in a penalty shoot out and in a reverse of all things natural England won. So we can say we beat the world champions on the road to Russia.

Name:  WC golden boot.png
Views: 1252
Size:  776.1 KB

Ronaldo tied for the Golden boot but lost out due to playing more games. Chances are he wont get another shot as a 37 year old in the 2022 finals

Season Targets
    SPL - Title challenge, over 75 points, less than 9 defeats
    Scottish Cup - Win if were not in Europa league action
    League Cup - Back up players till later stages
    Champions League - Group phase
    OR
    Europa League - Last 32

Pre season friendly's
    Name:  friendlys.png
Views: 1272
Size:  798.9 KB

With lots of changes to the squad i needed a lot of warm up games to get the team used to our system. We beat Chelsea, Blackburn and Crystal Palace but lost to German side Red Bull.

Pre Season Prices
    Name:  pre season prices.png
Size:  860.8 KB

Celic are out a tad, were in a tad and Champions Rangers are only 6/1. They bookies likes the look of Hearts then its a big jump to Hibs the only team under 100/1 Falkirk, Inverness & Raith are favorites to go down. Raith especially dont look like there good enough for this level

A year like last year would be great just a few more points in the league and a bit less time in Europe. Thats how much im starting to WANT a league title.

Fixtures
    Name:  league schedule.png
Views: 1214
Size:  861.0 KB

Like last year it looks like the guys making the fixtures keep there west coast biased making us travel to Parkhead and Ibrox right after a European group phase game. Our other trip to the Old Firm is to Ibrox on the last day before the split

Champions League Qualifing draw
    Name:  CL Draw.png
Views: 1191
Size:  708.1 KB

As a seeded team anyone but CSKA Moscow would be a winable game. Sorry SHOULD BE winnable

Transfers

My Spanish scouts maybe unearthed a gem in Juan Prieto from the Spanish 3rd division and for my hard work Alex Ronningen joins from Valerenga for £1.2m. Much more than the scouts as a hole were trusted with.

Aberdeen Transfers
    Name:  all aberdeen transfer.png
Views: 1197
Size:  672.2 KB

So far this summer were almost at £10m in transfer profit, down to £9m with agent fee's and the like. Still a mega summer for us.

In

Ryan Christie AM £800k
    Name:  in ryan chrisite.png
Views: 1217
Size:  836.1 KB

Joined on loan last season. Didnt play much but proved to be a valuable back up which is what he will probably remain.

Alexander Ronningen AT
    Name:  in Alex Ronningen.png
Views: 1189
Size:  845.2 KB

This was a major overspending situation on my part. Didnt really need him but with a goal a game in Norway as a 17 year old left me pushing the deal through with very little else going on, not much value for money elsewhere. Over the next two years we will pay over £1m for him so it will be interesting to see how current no1 Rooney, Klein who is ready for the first team and Ronning pushing for time all fit in together and who will be the first to gripe

Adrien Thomasson MC
    Name:  in adrien thomasson.png
Views: 1188
Size:  826.1 KB

Love this name for a Croatian international. Put in a solid season with Nantes in Ligue 2 last season but to me his stats are brilliant. He will be a quicker more attacking player than Poyet but with Poyet leaving Jack will take on the defensive dutys in the middle of the park.

Christopher Jullien DC
    Name:  in Christopher Jullien.png
Views: 1189
Size:  826.3 KB

Basically a upgrade on Anthony O'Connor at the back. Will give up playing time to Dickson to aid his development.

Nicolas De Preville ML
    Name:  in nicolas de preville.png
Views: 1185
Size:  824.5 KB

It seems that Niall McGinn is in his 30's and i'm just waiting for a decent bid on him to see him move on, not that i really want to loose him but age is more than a number and his fee will be dropping like a stone after this summer. But this is about the future. A player who once commanded £4.3m. At 27 its time to man up and put in a shift for us. With no clear u20 player in the position he'll get his chances.

Jota AM
    Name:  in jota.png
Size:  833.3 KB

Linked with Rangers in the real world the Spanish player has never put together a great season despite his stats and with the depth we have in attacking midfield he wont get away with poor performances at Pittodrie. This move was done as Kenny McLean was getting offers from down south and i was set to loose him till he rejected Wolves twice.

7 Youth players join. Martin Neil from Motherwell cost £500k, Juan Prieto was almost £50k the rest were free.
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-youth-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-3.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-4.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-5.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-6.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-7.png

Out
    Huge Profit again but its pretty much all on Diego Poyet moving to Werder Bremen for his £5m buy out clause and former Hearts wing back Callum Paterson. Had no desire to sell but with more than double my money back in one season i couldnt say no. The rest was center midfielder Fede Vico. He wanted over £10k a week and that would be tough to justify for a starting player. £2m back from a free signing is good work for 2 years work. Huddersfield is his new home. Squad players Danny Rogers, Bogdan Mitrea, Danny Rodgers, Franck Ross, Robbie Mutch and Daniel Harvie move on for around £500k and we release 12 players on a free. I tried to sell Sandro but no cash offers came in and he left on a free while another old player Petar Zanev youth players Scott Wright (Killie) and Alen Brtan (Partick) are loaned on on the promise of first team football.

World Transfers
    Name:  world trnsfer june.png
Views: 1166
Size:  831.0 KB

Name:  world trnsfer july.png
Size:  831.4 KB

Stand out moves are France buying Italy with sending over £180m to Serie A teams for 3 players including a world record fee (£106) for Paulo Dybala. Scottish Left backs Tierney & Kingsly move for crazy fee's. Graeme Shinnie joined Bournemouth for £7m, Keiran Tierney moved to Man City for £13,75m. July seen The rest of Europe getting involved.

SPL Transfers
    Name:  spl tranfers.png
Views: 1171
Size:  831.1 KB

Name:  spl tranfers july.png
Views: 1196
Size:  830.1 KB

Celtic and Aberdeen make all the big deals.

Squad
Views: 1167
Size:  806.1 KB

Looks of regression on Rooney & McGinn now in the 30's and down to 3* we'll be looking to get a fee out of them in the next 12 months and push through there replacements.

Youth team
    Name:  u20s squad.png
Size:  795.8 KB

Far more depth than before. Can see at least 3 of these players breaking into the first team before long.

Starting 11
    Name:  stating 11.png
Views: 1154
Size:  333.8 KB

Only certain change right away is Thomasson coming in for the departed Poyet. Jullien, Jota, De Preville & Klein will all be getting there chances this season while Granger is going to get his chances as will Dickson & Ali Msakrni and probably others.

AldoKemp-1 and Zorko7 like this.

50. August

1st team is once again thumped by late window sales

Fixtures

Champions League Best placed 3rd round 1st leg
    Club Brugge 0-3 Aberdeen
    Klein 2
    Frizzell
    Name:  1 brugge.png
Views: 1081
Size:  510.6 KB

A tough and even first half with only a Matthias Klein goal splitting the teams. Aberdeen came alive in the 2nd half with Klein's 2nd and a late goal from Adam Frizzell should have the tie to bed before the 2nd leg

Champions League Best placed 3rd round 2nd leg
    Aberdeen 4-2 Club Brugge
    Agg Aberdeen 7-2 Club Brugge
    Name:  2 brugge.png
Views: 1097
Size:  530.7 KB

Give the Belgians credit as they came out swinging and took the lead on the night through Gedoz. The game defying goal came in first half stoppage time through Lundemo before Jota seemed to settle the tie just before the hour. Brugge were not done though former Middlesborogh striker Jelle Vossen got them back in it again but soon after Frizzell and a o'g settle the tie

Ross County 1-4 Aberdeen
    Jota 2
    Klein 2
    Name:  3 ross county.png
Views: 1074
Size:  513.9 KB

Adam Rooney must be wondering how he's going to get his place in the team back with Klein in this kind of form

Betfred Cup
    Morton 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 morton.png
Views: 1078
Size:  539.5 KB

Run out for the back up players. Alex Ronningen got his first Aberdeen goal and Cammy Smith reminds me why he needs to stay involved in the squad

Aberdeen 4-0 Raith
    Klein 3
    McGinn
    Name:  5 raith.png
Views: 1100
Size:  536.4 KB

If there was any doubt before there's non now. We have our lead striker

Champions League Best play-off 3rd round 1st leg
    Gelsenkirchen 2-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 schalke.png
Views: 1096
Size:  539.2 KB

Not a disaster of a result. 16 year old wing back Alan Granger's goal gives us a shot in the 2nd leg and with our record at Pittodrie i'd rule out nothing yet. Actually i take that back im raging with this result. We battered Schalke before they scored there 2nd goal

Partick Thistle 2-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  7partick.png
Views: 1101
Size:  539.1 KB

Where did this come from. Very worrying result that smells of the past 2 seasons all over again

Champions League Best play-off 3rd round 2nd leg
    Aberdeen 0-1 Gelsenkirchen
    Name:  8schalke.png
Views: 1071
Size:  538.2 KB

This was a poor performance from us that cost us our first chance of being in a champions group.

Table
Views: 1074
Size:  818.2 KB

Nobodys perfect and nobody's lost all 3. I think European matches are effecting us and the old firm.

Europa League Draw
Views: 1087
Size:  760.9 KB

We've moved up to a 3rd seed team. That will give us a easy group right...... Ok so no Roma this time but 4 solid European teams that are all capable of beating us and no walk over games.

Transfer deadline day

World Transfers
    Name:  world transers.png
Views: 1070
Size:  836.4 KB

SPL Transfers
    Name:  spl transfers.png
Views: 1070
Size:  834.6 KB

We loose Two, Celtic buy two.

Aberdeen
    Name:  Aberdeen transfers.png
Views: 1119
Size:  688.6 KB

Yet more first team stars are on there way from Pittodrie Hernani joined with injury issues and only played 25 of 50 games due to injurys so despite being a obvious starter i was not turning away a huge profit after one season. Jordan Archer was settle in my Scotland squad but was clinging onto the No1 jersey at Pittodrie with Ali Msakni at least as good as Archer just lacking the experience i would like. So premature or not he'll be getting the gloves as we bring in Mariano Barbosa on loan as a back up and nothing more.

Expect some free players to join the squad in the near future as the players rejecting me get desperate for work.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO