Like Tree617Likes

Aberdeen Back where it all began

1. End Of Season 2018/19 Review

Scotland
    Name:  fin.png
Views: 1226
Size:  738.1 KB

Two seasons finishing runner up to the old firm are all forgotten as Aberdeen win there first league title in 34 years. Celtic the only other team that had a look in all season deserve the champions league spot but will look back in terror at the last 2 weeks. The league was in there hands and they lost it. Rangers made no impact on the title race or in Europe and even worse perhaps only just held off Dundee for 3rd spot. Lots of work for Paul Lambert over the summer. Team of the year i would give hands down to Dundee, especially as a bribe if they would stop beating me. The big question is how long can they hold onto Paul Hartley before bigger teams come calling. If Dundee get team of the year Partick Thistle get the most improved team award. Alan Archibald getting this side into the Europa League is hte greatest thing to happen to this side since John Lambie. Hearts made a late season comeback to snatch a top 6 spot from Hibs at the last game before the split. Quiet but harmless seasons for Falkirk and Inverness while Raith's mid season form was just enough to keep them safely in the top flight for another year. Hamilton fell to the play offs and Ross County had by far the worst top flight campaign so far with only 3 wins all year and a total of 19 points

Name:  spl playoff.png
Views: 1219
Size:  506.4 KB

Championship winner St Mirren led by Former Alloa youth coach Owen Kelly return to the SPL along with Dunfermline led by former Dons coach Paul Sheerin and after a 6 year absence. So next season Motherwell, St Johnstone, Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock will remain in Div 1. Alloa & Dumbarton will not as they are relegated and replaced by Livingston & Forfar, Coult the championship get any stronger? Leaving League 1 are Stranaer & East Fife with Stirling and Berwick coming up. In the relegation play off Hawick made a bid to return to the league but Montrose beat them 3-2 to hold on.

Big 4 league review
    Name:  all leagues.png
Views: 1227
Size:  843.8 KB

Ok i Missed the German league but Bayern won by 13 points with Dortmund, Leverkusen and Freiburg in the Champions League
    Atletico Madrid won the three way race in Spain this year. Bilbao getting the final Champions League spot in Roberto Mancini's first season. Nice to see Malaga back in Europe with there 5th place finish
    Glory Glory Man Utd! Jose wins the League at a canter with the Spurs & Arsenal close in tow and Man City in 4th which was enough to see Pep Guardiola sacked and amazingly replaced 4 days later by current Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp who in turn is replaced by Massimilliano Allegri. Chelsea Liverpool & Leicester enter the Europa league
    Much like last year in Serie A as Roma lead Napoli in the title race. Juventus's failures last year were made worse this year as Inter gain revenge and nick the final champions League spot off them. AC Milan join them in the Europa League

Early Summer Manager Changes
    Maurice Malpas - Ross County
    Grant Murray was the 3rd Ross County manager to loose his job in a year. Good luck in the Championship Maurice!

Aberdeen 2018/19
    Name:  aberdeen squad review.png
Views: 1230
Size:  793.3 KB

Emir Dilaver had another good season, Shame he acted like a prat through it and was outplayed by teenage left back Granger. All of the youngsters did well this year. Msakni being the worst but i knew when he got the job he wasnt ready. Jullien's arrival made Eric Mathoho dispensable. Jack's end of season form will leave me thinking about his future. And for the front 4 Jota, Klein and De Preville are just missing that last midfielder to make us a perfect front line. Frizzel and Dickson on the bench will be unfortunate to not be in the 1st team reckoning next year.

Aberdeen Fans player if the year
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  aberden supportes awards.png
Views: 1204
Size:  268.0 KB

This award usually lead to a player leaving us. I have no plans to sell Klein. He's contracted till 2023 with no buy out clause and he wont get a new contract without signing one without a no buy out clause! Only way he'll leave is if Mr Milne forces a move through

Aberdeen Finances
    Final balance £18.5m +£9m
    Name:  finances.png
Views: 1222
Size:  664.0 KB

We doubled our balance in one year but a £9m gain is a huge worry after making £20m off transfer deals. The £8m lost to the shareholders & tax man didnt help.

Other Competitions

Champions League
    Paris SG 3-1 Atletico
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-cl-tree.png
    Money finally wins Europes biggest prize. Will there ever be a season Barcelona & Atletico dont go to war with each other. No Real Madrid you ask? Well they finished 3rd behind Liverpool & Roma

Europa League
    Tottenham 2-0 Lyon
    Name:  EL tree.png
Views: 1201
Size:  720.3 KB

French domination of Europe was stopped by Spurs becoming the first Europa League winners to win the trophy without going through Aberdeen.

Scottish teams in Europe 2016/17
    Rangers - Champions League group phase
    Aberdeen - Europa League Last 32
    Celtic - Europa League Group Phase
    Dundee - Europa League Play off
    Hearts - Europa League 3rd Qualifyer

Aberdeen move up 12 spots to 54th in the European Rankings
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-dons-rnaking.png

The SPL can also thank us for a big jump in what we get for entering European competition after next season
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-sco-rankings.png

Awards

SPL Player of the year
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  award player of year.png
Views: 1217
Size:  797.5 KB

3rd year in a row the golden boot winner takes the overall award. Lewis Grabban's season on loan to Rangers didnt help them to defend there title despite being there best player and Nick De Preville prove to be a great addition to the team & league.

SPL Young Player of the year
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  award young player of yea.png
Views: 1219
Size:  770.0 KB

SPL Top Scorer
    Matthias Klein - 25
    Name:  award top scorer.png
Views: 1230
Size:  831.2 KB

With Dembele & Rooney out of the way the paths cleare for the natural finishers sitting in the lurch to fight it out. Next years Klein vs Griffiths may be even closer and lets hear it for John Baird. More goals than a combined total of the past 2 seasons.

Scottish team of the year
    Name:  award team of the year.png
Views: 1191
Size:  704.7 KB

A nice portion of Red and we have 6 players selected. Rangers get 1 and he was only in on loan haha!

2. Good luck in the new season hopefully you will have moments like this lol

Aberdeen Back where it all began-aberdeen-v-paris-saint-germain_-analysis-post-match.png Aberdeen Back where it all began-aberdeen-v-chelsea_-analysis-post-match.png

FYI wasn't a pen ref choked and gave it against Nathan Baker to try and help them back into the game should have been a yellow for a dive
    Last edited by Teddybear30; 09/01/2017 at 08:59 AM.

3. Pre Season 2019/20

Another summer and another year we loose on our players and signing others due to our size. Not much inspiring about our signings as we sell £20m worth of players 4 players leaving were players i had long and short term plans for but 3 of them were center midfielders where we were overloaded with players. Jota would be the only players leaving that i think we'll really miss.

Thanks to Celtic pretty much we are right into the Champions League group phase

Start with the sad story of Steven Naismith. Fought for 2 years to get back in the international team and at in one moment it all could be over
    Name:  naismith injury.png
Views: 1122
Size:  217.9 KB

Speaking of Scotland we are now up to 10th in the world Rankings after the summers results
    Name:  scots world rankings.png
Views: 1124
Size:  771.2 KB

World Cup 2022 Qualifying draw
    Name:  scotlndwc seeds.png
Views: 1124
Size:  586.4 KB

What that means is in this draw we are the No1 seeds. Russia and Switzerland will be tough games that could make a top 2 place hard but a perfect group for what will be a developing team come that time.

Manager Changes
    David Hopkins - Kilmarnock
    Stefano Pioli - Juventus
    Antonio Conte - Sevilla
    Jorge Sampaoli - Freiburg

Season Targets
    SPL - Title challenge, over 75 points, less than 8 defeats, Improve on last season
    Scottish Cup - Win if were not in Europa league action
    League Cup - Back up players till later stages
    Champions League - Group phase
    OR
    Europa League - Last 32

Pre season friendly's
    Name:  pre season friendlys.png
Views: 1142
Size:  834.8 KB

Probably our best summer. Big wins against Premiership sides Middlesbrough & Bournemouth as well as thrashing German giants Dortmund. Man City were a step to far as second half goals from Sane & Sterling beat us.

Pre Season Prices
    Name:  pre season prices.png
Views: 1127
Size:  866.3 KB

Celtic are favorites, Just! Aberdeen started the summer as favorites but loosing so many players in the summer is expected to cost them. Hearts Chris Cadden is the only non Aberdeen or Celtic player in the Media's dream eleven. Hibs are set to be Scotland next upcoming force as a consortium have taken over investing almost £5m and adding old man Lee Wallace, potential SPL star Abdoulay Diaby and two Hamilton players is enough to make them (6.5) I'd lay my house on those odds in real life however. Raith, Dunfermline and St Mirren are the teams expected to be fighting the drop.

Transfers

Our growing reputation has helped us spend almost £5m on English Premiership squad players that i expect to walk through the SPL. Another £5m is spent on the youth team and a £10m profit is the end result.

Aberdeen Transfers
    Name:  Aberdeen Transfers.png
Views: 1152
Size:  645.4 KB

Second year in a row that were almost at £10m in transfer profit,

In

Marc Roca - MC
    Name:  In Roca.png
Views: 1130
Size:  827.5 KB

SPL experience? Check! Premiership experience? Check European experience? check! Everything you could ask for in a semi developed 22 year old Spanish midfielder. Joined Arsenal as a teenager from Espanyol spending most his time on loan to Alaves, Middlesbrough and last year Celtic. Why Celtic didnt have a clause to pick him up is beyond me but for £1.4m i'll see much more than that back for him in the future.

Ben Gibson - DC
    Name:  in Gibson.png
Views: 1171
Size:  815.9 KB

The former Middlesbrough man has had a crazy past 3 years. Earned a £10m move to Southampton to replace Van Dijk. That failed miserably and now he's signed on at Aberdeen to save his career. Earning £26k a week along the way a whole £11k more than the next highest paid. How long will that work out?

Kevin Diks DR - LOAN
    Name:  in K diks.png
Size:  826.2 KB

We lost our right back Emir Dilaver and thanks to high wages, impossible work permits amongst other reasons stopped us picking up a quality right back and the U19 depth is for lack of a better terms crap for right backs. So on loan for one year only we have the former Vitesse prodigy

6 Youth players join from all over Europe and our new favorite North African hunting ground
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-youth-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-3.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-4.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-5.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-6.png

Out
    The most productive summer we've had so far, Too productive in fact. Our biggest deal is for midfielder Adrien Thomasson. We got one good season out of him but when a bid over £5m came in it was clear his time was up. He showed a desire to stay but our depth and Mainz's money proved to much. Next out was another player leaving after one season, Spanish player Jota. The latest example of a buy-out clause getting the better of us and this time there;s not the same quality waiting to take his place. Speaking or talent i was looking forward to bringing Alen Brtan through to the first team over the next few seasons but old man Arsene Wenger, approaching his 23rd season at Arsenal made a crazy offer of £3.3m now and a further £4m in future fee's. Now he looks good but not that good and the money will go towards the next youth prospects. Emir Dilaver, Scott McKenna and Jim Stewart were all in a similar situation, Contract was up next summer and the offers we got were very fair. Biggest loss of the summer has to be Branislav Micic. He was going to go onto huge things at Pittodrie but days after i discovered a £450k clause in his contract and had offered a new deal Dutch team Feyenoord got the steal of the century. Scott Wright failed to develop while the youths go out in search of 1st team experience.

World Transfers
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-world-tansfers-june.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-world-tansfers-july.png
    All the headlines are Marco Verratti's world record move from PSG to Man City who would go on to spend another £60m on Dortmund winger Christian Pulsic. Lots of other big players moving around. Lacazette to Man Utd and Icardi to Arsenal catching the eye.

SPL Transfers
    Name:  SPL transfers.png
Size:  829.5 KB

I shuffled down the page a bit as Aberdeen dominated the top 15 moves with Rangers and Celtic only having 1 player each in the way.

Squad
    Name:  squad.png
Views: 1122
Size:  806.6 KB

Msakni, Granger and Klein developed into top SPL players despite all being very early in there careers. De Preville, Lundemo and Jack complement them with there experience.

Youth team
    Name:  youth squad.png
Views: 1123
Size:  798.0 KB

Vojtech Franc looks even better than the scouting suggest. Rey, Mcauley Ronningen are all ready to contribute to the first team while Adam Smith may someday join Alan Granger as a career player from school.

Starting 11
    Name:  starting 11.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  307.4 KB

5 Changes spread all ove the team, possibly our biggest so far. Gibson and Roca gives us substance to our spine. Lundemo may finally get his chance in the first team while Frizzell will get his chance.

Teddybear30 likes this.

4. August

A place in the Champions League groups give you a £10.6m bonus! Que new youth team and a rare first team signing that was of course a bargain

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-1 Celtic
    Name:  1 celtic.png
Views: 1068
Size:  498.5 KB

What game to kick off the season. Frizzel and Florian Kainz got a goal aside in the first half but a few tweak like Jack marking key man Ayoub out of the game and attacking down Celtic's 18 year old left back's wing and assists from Diks for one of two Klein's goals prove that to be a winner

Betfair Cup 2nd Round
    Dunfermline 2-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 dunfermline.png
Views: 1069
Size:  536.8 KB

We'll be playing these guys in the SPL and they could cause some problems for some teams. The Dons were never comfortable even with our strongest team.

Partick 0-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 partick.png
Views: 1064
Size:  542.2 KB

A top 5 team and a step up from Dunfermline and we humiliated them. Sorry we didnt Klein did on his way to scoring all 5 goals and probably even more transfer interest through the month

Aberdeen 3-0 Inverness
    Name:  4 ICT.png
Views: 1061
Size:  539.6 KB

Starting to feel like a different team we have this year. A own goal, Christie and Klein had us 3 goals clear after only 12 minutes. the following 78 may have caused a fan protests as i told the team to take a breather and put some u20s in for a run out.

Aberdeen 6-0 Dunfermline
    Name:  5 dunfermline.png
Views: 1069
Size:  541.6 KB

A third big win in a row with a clean sheet but this time we got a lot of help from Dunfermline rather than just being good. Not to take away from ourselves De Preville scored 2 goals in the first 2 minutes but between that and my 3 defenders scoring in the second half Dunfermline had 2 players send off giving us as easy a win imaginable going into the international break.

Table
    Name:  spl.png
Views: 1058
Size:  819.9 KB

Aberdeen and Hibs lead the way unbeaten, Diaby looks like a inspired signing. Less inspiring are the old firm. Rangers with 4 points Celtic with 3, tied for the relegation play off spot. Early days i know but what a sight.

Champions League Draw
    Name:  ABZ CL group.png
Views: 1044
Size:  762.5 KB

In our first Champions League appearance we were the last team out of the hat and thank goodness for that as the final two groups were the easiest. No top drawer teams and as 4th seeds i fancy our chances against Sporting for 3rd.

Celtic join us in the Group phase. They were not so lucky
    Name:  Celt CL group.png
Views: 1057
Size:  759.3 KB

Actually i would have said Rangers in the Europa Group are not much easier than ours.
    Name:  rangers europa.png
Views: 1048
Size:  600.8 KB

Transfer deadline day

World Transfers
    Name:  Transfers World.png
Views: 1045
Size:  829.3 KB

Name:  Transfers World 2.png
Views: 1048
Size:  830.3 KB

SPL Transfers
Views: 1046
Size:  828.6 KB

Name:  SPL transfers 2.png
Views: 1049
Size:  832.7 KB

Not quite sure what Celtic's waiting for but we made all the big moves all be it two of them were sales. Celtic did not appear on the list much but signed 5 top 4 league players on loan and picked up Scotland No1 David Marshall coming back to where it all began. He might get the captains gig too since Scott Browns been moved onto Hapoel Be'er-Sheva. Serves him right for not unretiring from international duty when i asked him in 2016. Rangers too loaned a pile of players from the Premiership

Aberdeen Transfer

Borja Garcia AM
    Name:  in borja.png
Views: 1034
Size:  829.7 KB

When god takes a cruciate ligament with one hand he gives your best player in the save with the other. I've signed Borja in previous FM games and he looks to be the star our team needs going forward. He got 20 goals in the Spanish second division a few years back and following his side Girona's relegation last season he had a buy out clause of £1.6m. Some how nobody picked up on this and with a whole lot of luck we have our man to lead the midfield.

I spent £6m of the £10m Champions League money to add 5 new u20 players. One Joe Smith is good enough for the first team but no work permit despite having 9 caps! I'll loan him out till he gets one, hopefully next summer and he can take over from Rooney perhaps.
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-youth-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-3.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-4.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-5.png

Out
    I planned to sell Eric Mathoho this window and with time running out Espanyol put in a bid and we got £3m for him. Next big transfer coming in was for Marius Lundemo. Red Bull Leipzig offered £5m and rather than the hassle of trying to sign him up to a new deal i let this happen .Of Course Kenny McLean was going to get a season ending injury a few days later but it all may have worked for the best. Cammy Smith went out on loan. Hopefully he'll go for good next summer. Two youngster go out for first team football.

Teddybear30 likes this.

5. Scotland
    September Fixtures

Squad
Views: 981

Not many changes. James McArthur's injury has finished him off so Jack, Gauld and Bryson will fight for his spot next to Fletcher. Tom Cairney gets the nod in replacing Steven Naismith with our own Ryan Christie backing him up

European Championships Qualifier Match
    Scotland 0-2 England
    Name:  England game.png
Views: 987
Size:  515.5 KB

Darren Fletcher equalled King Kenny's cap record and thats where the good news ends. England were just classes ahead of us but we kept the door shut till the 61st minute when Harry Kane put the auld enemy ahead. We had to attack and in doing so opened the door for Oxlade-Chamberlain to secure a big win for England that should secure top spot for them

Faroe Islands 2-8 Scotland
    Name:  faroe games.png
Views: 985
Size:  547.1 KB

How often in history has both major international records been smashed in the same game. Darren Fletcher won his record 103rd cap and right after Half time Leigh Griffiths scored his 4th of his 6 goals in the Faroe Islands that took the goals scoring record from Denis Law. Burke & Ritchie got a goal each on the right wing and we fell behind in the 3rd minute, Facts that will be lost on reflection of the day where it was also the record scoring Euro qualifier game, and Griffiths 6 goals beats the Hughie Gallachers previous record and finally Griffiths has scored 10 goals this year for Scotland. What a day

Name:  goals a game record.png
Views: 983
Size:  212.9 KB

Table
    Name:  table.png
Views: 984
Size:  719.5 KB

Our next game will be against Poland and a win there would secure top spot. Failure would mean either we need a result at Wembly or need England to beat Poland on the final day when they will have already qualified

Teddybear30 likes this.

6. Really enjoying the story, keep it up.
    stonecold likes this.

7. Nice start but risky strategy iam half way through the season and iam still trying work to out how to get fluid football working in Scotland on this version of fm.
    For instance 1 game we beat the Roath Ravers 6-0 then the next games we lose to Hearts, celtic and against Dundee United we chuck away a 2-0 lead in a 6 pointer at Tannadice then we go and hammer Inverness 3-1
    Ive switched to press more, taken off be expressive and retain passing and the game seems abit more helter skelter now as the back 4 cant defend and the strikers remain a gamble from 1 game to the next despite being injected with pace.
    Jonny Hayes was forced to retire at just 32 in a rare home 1-0 defeat to Dundee United forcing us to bring in Sito from Valencia who is exceptionally quick but hes been a flop so far considering hes walking in from La Liga and doesn't create or score much .
    On the other wing Ryan Kent on loan from Liverpool seems to be good but not justifying a fee with 6 months left on his anfield deal and seems to be more of a scorer than a creator of chances lol.
    Hopefully you can find the right rhythm and chemistry iam still having a good season but pretty underwhelming domestically compared with where we should be haha.
    Unlike you however iam considering any job offers on competition of my badges (next December) just to keep the save interesting and fresh, I wont actively seek any new teams they have to approach me and offer more than my existing deal with the dandys 1st.
    Last edited by Teddybear30; 10/01/2017 at 08:02 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear30 View Post
    Nice start but risky strategy iam half way through the season and iam still trying work to out how to get fluid football working in Scotland on this version of fm.
    For instance 1 game we beat the Roath Ravers 6-0 then the next games we lose to Hearts, celtic and against Dundee United we chuck away a 2-0 lead in a 6 pointer at Tannadice then we go and hammer Inverness 3-1
    Ive switched to press more, taken off be expressive and retain passing and the game seems abit more helter skelter now as the back 4 cant defend and the strikers remain a gamble from 1 game to the next despite being injected with pace.
    Jonny Hayes was forced to retire at just 32 in a rare home 1-0 defeat to Dundee United forcing us to bring in Sito from Valencia who is exceptionally quick but hes been a flop so far considering hes walking in from La Liga and doesn't create or score much .
    On the other wing Ryan Kent on loan from Liverpool seems to be good but not justifying a fee with 6 months left on his anfield deal and seems to be more of a scorer than a creator of chances lol.
    Hopefully you can find the right rhythm and chemistry iam still having a good season but pretty underwhelming domestically compared with where we should be haha.
    Unlike you however iam considering any job offers on competition of my badges (next December) just to keep the save interesting and fresh, I wont actively seek any new teams they have to approach me and offer more than my existing deal with the dandys 1st.
    You really need to stick to a tactic. I tinkered in the first season but now all i'd really change is if were away to the Old firm or playing most European games i go counter and chuck in more defensive instructions. Same goes with training. The training has to have a degree of focus on players learning there position and the teams shape. Never got fluid working in this game. Went to control or structure
    Teddybear30 likes this.

9. In Europe against stronger teams I was playing a contain tactic.
    While this works at Ibrox and somewhat at Parkhead in general it seems far to negative for being at home with the players I have in this squad so I have to try to play more attractive football, the difficulty on the save is finding a balance between winning and entertaining football as this seems tricky in Scotland compared with England or mainland europe .
    Will hwoever take your advice on board though bud and win or lose domestically I will be less like the Raneri of old and more like last season's Raneri lol .
    Last edited by Teddybear30; 10/01/2017 at 10:56 PM.

10. September

We're still unbeaten after two months of action.

Fixtures

Hearts 1-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 hearst.png
Views: 870
Size:  539.4 KB

Both teams scored in the 18th minute but after that we settle into our new found love of thrashing teams. Ronningen's penalty on the half hour put us ahead for the first time. Frizzell and Roca got goals from the midfield

Champions League Match 1
    Sporting Lisbon 2-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 sporting.png
Views: 859
Size:  538.6 KB

Our first venture into the Champions League and we were soooo close to a result. Sporting scored the first goal as one of there 3 forwards Alan Ruiz scored. Our teenage wing back Alan Granger pulled us level and soon after Matthias Klein amazingly had us in the lead going into the break. Through the second half we looked solid at the back without creating chances ourselves. Sadly Colidio nicked a late equalizer to grab what could be a priceless point. £437k prize money for the draw

Rangers 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 rangers.png
Views: 865
Size:  503.8 KB

Remember when the first game back in Scotland after a European game would be a struggle and usually a excuse to drop points? Well not today Adam Frizzell scored 10 minutes in and again 10 minutes from the end as Rangers miserable start continues

Betfred Cup Q/F
    Dundee 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 dundee.png
Views: 862
Size:  535.0 KB

This game took 80 minutes to come to life when super star signing Borj Garcia opened the scoring with what looked like the winner with 10 minutes to go. Dundee and Ross McCrorie who looked to have ended our long winning run to a end until starting striker for a day Alex Ronningen won the came in the 92nd minute.

Aberdeen 4-0 Dundee
    Name:  5 dundee.png
Views: 874
Size:  530.3 KB

Having a quiet month including a few games off but today he managed a hattrick in the first 32 minutes to make sure the Dundee game was not as much of a struggle as 3 nights ago. A Injury time header from Ben Gibson got a 4th right at the end.

SPFL Table
Views: 867
Size:  835.7 KB

Aberdeen and Hibs have streaked clear at the top with both teams winning 7/7 and are 8 points clear of Dundee & Falkirks battle for 3rd. Celtic have sneaked back into the top half while Rangers are only up to 7th. The bottom 3 are already standing out as Dunfermline, Raith and St Mirren the 3 smallest clubs.

Europa League
    Name:  CL.png
Views: 868
Size:  749.1 KB

First game down and both British teams had good results on there European travels.

11. Just read through all of this, definitely worth it! Congratulations on the first title, now its all on retaining that title and making Celtic second favorites!
    stonecold likes this.

12. Scotland
    October Fixtures

Squad
Views: 917

Same 23 as last time

Friendly

Scotland 3-3 Ukraine
    Name:  ukraine game.png
Views: 946
Size:  553.2 KB

What a match! Captain for the day Grant Hanley and Johnny Russell had us 2 goals clear but amazingly Ukraine scored 3 goals without reply going into the final 20 minutes. Johnny Russell got a 2nd goal to drag a draw out of our game.

European Championships Qualifier Match 6
    Scotland 2-0 Poland
    Name:  poland.png
Views: 945
Size:  552.7 KB

A full house were treated to a cracking result. Our two top forwards Leigh Griffiths & Matt Ritchie grabbed the goals in the first half put us 5 points clear of Iceland and a further of Poland with a trip to Wembley and a home tie to Faroe Island so thats basically thats us locked into 2nd and all but in.

Table
    Name:  league.png
Views: 930
Size:  724.9 KB

13. October

Tottenham are the first team to beat us but domestic bliss is still going strong.

Fixtures

Champions League Match 2
    Aberdeen 2-0 Napoli
    Name:  1 napoli.png
Views: 895
Size:  532.5 KB

A breakthrough result by beating the mighty Napoli. A goal from Klein at the start and Garcia at the end to stay unbeaten after 2 games.

Falkirk 0-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 falkirk.png
Views: 897
Size:  531.8 KB

The team was pooped and for the first time i was forced to make some changes. However only 3 were made and some how the same front 4 couldnt find a goal at the romantically named Falkirk stadium

St Mirren 0-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 st mirren.png
Views: 880
Size:  538.2 KB

The Dons came back from the International break on fire. However there two goals in the first ten minutes were matched with a red card for Marc Roca which will rule him out of the League cup Semi Final. All 5 goals were scored by the 32nd minute when despite Zander warning me to go more defensive to protect our lead with 10 men i told my team to take a breather

Champions League Match 3
    Tottenham 3-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 tottenham.png
Views: 885
Size:  535.7 KB

Its taken 3 months but we have our first defeat of the season. We actually had the lead for 3 minutes when the ref decided Klein scoring first was a insult and they gave a penalty which Federico Bernadeschi tucked away. Other forwards Inaki Williams and Harry Kane who i've seen enough of playing for England made it 3-1 before a late Garcia goal made it a interesting finish.

Betfred Cup Semi Final
    Aberdeen 1-0 Celtic
    Name:  5 celtic.png
Views: 875
Size:  537.3 KB

A Proper Hampden slugfest between the top two. Klein got the only goal so were in our 4th final in a row and play Rangers at the end of November

Name:  5 after certic cup draw.png
Views: 881
Size:  680.7 KB

Aberdeen 3-0 Hibs
    Name:  6 hibs.png
Size:  532.4 KB

I cant lie. I was very concerned going into this game against closest rivals Hibs but we kept the momentum from the Cup game and the big 3 up front Garcia, Klein and De Preville shared out the goals and reminded Hibs that they have a lot of work still to do but to be fair Lennon has put together a great SPL quality sqaud. As good as Rangers

SPFL Table
    Name:  league.png
Views: 890
Size:  824.2 KB

Hibs more human from including loosing to us in a 6 points has us 5 points clear of them at the top. Dundee are the only other team with a respectful points haul on 18. Celtic are now 15 points back with only 13 points from the first 10 games and Rangers even worse a further point back. outside the top 3 the league has been embarrassing this year but non worse than Dunfermline who have yet to win a game as we approach the end of the first quarter

Champions League Table
    Name:  CL group.png
Views: 866
Size:  748.5 KB

Tottenham's victory move them clear at the top but match 4 will be massive for our slim hopes of finishing top 2 im not sure what i want from the Napoli Sporting match. The result could have us looking at finishing in any of the 4 positions.

ninjaskill likes this.

14. Excuse me, it's the Bairnabeu mate.
    stonecold likes this.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Falkirkyabass View Post
    Excuse me, it's the Bairnabeu mate.
    That is a thousand times better

16. Scotland
    November Fixtures

Squad
Views: 827

For the third time in a row amazingly it the same 23 man squad

England 3-1 Scotland
    Name:  england.png
Views: 833
Size:  508.6 KB

We needed a result and despite trying to cut of England from the midfield they got a early lead through Kane. We did a great job of shutting down our better opposition but the game changed when Rashford came off the bench to run the defense ragged. Cairney pulled one back at the end but Iceland's campaign is finished so we secured 2nd spot.

Scotland 6-0 Faroe Islands
    Name:  faroe.png
Views: 829
Size:  543.9 KB

A dead rubber of a game so i rested some of my regular players as well as my Aberdeen guys

Table
    Name:  final table.png
Views: 844
Size:  738.5 KB

Scotland comfortably finish in 2nd behind a rampant England team who drew in Poland in there last game.

Croatia & Denmark are the biggest teams in the play offs, Austria & Czech republic are the biggest teams totally missing out

17. Brexit Decision
    Name:  brexit.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  11.0 KB

The UK and Scotland has decided there future, Sad that when this happened in real life this was my first thoughts were it going to be a awful few years in real life as this settle's down and then Football manager saves may be ruined!

Views: 757
Size:  212.6 KB

So in this save it appears Gibraltar decided to stay in the EU while the result of us will be out of the EU by December. Will be interesting to see how this changes things especially in the upcoming January transfer window which mean what i've got is what we'll have going forward. No more kids from Czech Republic or Serbia

Teddybear30 and ninjaskill like this.

18. Unlucky bud Iam in pre season in June and when this came up I was told that we are exempt from work permits must be a random new feature to include Brexit in this years version, but hey just means with your new reputation you may have to start raiding England and Glasgow for talent lol

19. Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear30 View Post
    Unlucky bud Iam in pre season in June and when this came up I was told that we are exempt from work permits must be a random new feature to include Brexit in this years version, but hey just means with your new reputation you may have to start raiding England and Glasgow for talent lol
    If this was 1980 then that would be fine but in 2016 thats a totally different story. All the money's down south. Been quoted over £30m for some u18s
    Teddybear30 likes this.

20. November

5 wins from 5 games in all competitions sets up unfamiliar situations

Fixtures

Raith 1-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 raith.png
Views: 707
Size:  537.4 KB

The most youthful team i've shoved out and against Raith they had no issues with Ronningen getting 3 and refusing a new deal. He still has 18 months to go so he'll need to change of heart by next summer or he'll be gone.

Champions League Match 4
    Aberdeen 2-1 Tottenham
    Name:  2 totteham.png
Views: 711
Size:  542.9 KB

A magic night at Pittodrie this was the key match in the group and we went into it looking for a result. Its even greater that the victory was led by the one man signed for this stage Borja Garcia ho got goals half way through either half. Felipe Anderson pulled a goal back and made the last 15 minutes very tense but we held on for a huge win that has us on the verge of a last 16 spot if we can win either of our final games.

Aberdeen 3-1 Partick Thistle
    Name:  3 partick t.png
Views: 702
Size:  541.2 KB

Usually i'd look at at keeping a fresh team but since its our last game before the international break there's nothing to rest players for. Klein and Jack goals in the first half hour had us on our way. Kris Doolan pulled one back right on half time to makes a game of it. Thankfully sub midfielder Fernardo Rey made the game safe and put another 3 points on the table

Celtic 2-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 celtic.png
Views: 700

The former 48 times league champions abysmal season reached new lows as Aberdeen thumped them in there own house. Klein scored 2 goals in a minute but before we could relax Griffiths pulled one back a minute after that. Borja Garcia gave us a 3-1 lead going into the break. Griffiths got Celtic's 2nd goal and it appeared we had a game on. My left wing had other idea's as stand in left back Gibson & De Preville who grabbed a goal each to make for a resounding win.

Champions League Match 5
    Aberdeen 2-1 Sporting
    Name:  5 sporting.png
Views: 694
Size:  543.5 KB

A familiar story? May as well read the Tottenham game as the exact same thing happened here. Garcia scored twice and Sporting got a late goal that turned out to only be a consolation. This third home win in a row secures our spot in the last 16. An amazing achievement.

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL.png
Views: 696
Size:  818.3 KB

With a game in hand were now 6 points clear from Hibs at the top. They are the only side that are within 15 points of us heading into December. Amazingly Rangers 5th and Celtic 7th are still a utter joke.

Champions League
Size:  774.3 KB

There it is. Were into the last 16. Went into this group hoping to get a top 3 and stay in Europe past Christmas but to win the group is beyond our wildest dreams. Any of the other 3 teams could join us and only Tottenham can take top spot away from us.

Size:  774.3 KB

ninjaskill likes this.

21. Betfred Cup Final 2019

Name:  trophy.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  37.2 KB

Rangers vs Aberdeen

Name:  rangers logo.png
Views: 1280
Size:  14.8 KB Name:  aberdeen logo.png
Views: 1018
Size:  8.5 KB

Formations
    Name:  formations.png
Views: 1035
Size:  372.2 KB

Rangers go with 9 men in there own half totally relying on Jason Holt and Ryan Hardie up top

Rangers 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  Match.png
Views: 1019
Size:  504.0 KB

Thrashed Celtic, Reached the last 16 of the Champions League could it get better? Well lets go thrash Rangers in a cup final. Roca, Frizzell and Klein all scored in the first 25 minutes and in the now familure Aberdeen fashion of quickly thrashing a team right from kick off.

16 League cup Games 16 Wins and four trophy's in a row. Amazing to think we've still not lost a League Cup game in the save

22. Well done on progression from the CL group stage, cant believe the torrid season celtic and rangers are having. And what a stat that is for the League Cup
    stonecold likes this.

23. December

Longest month of the season so far and fatigue was clearly setting in by the end of the month with 2 draws in the league.

Paul Lambert shows a dislike of us after we tank them for the second time in a few weeks
    Name:  labert lost it.png
Views: 964
Size:  234.9 KB

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Hearts
    Name:  1 Hearts.png
Views: 985
Size:  538.9 KB

Its always nice to get help along the way and When Ash Taylor scored his first Aberdeen goal in about 3 years all be it in a Hearts shirt. Champions League hero Borja Garcia made it two before half time and Alex Ronningen got the 3rd and final goal.

Aberdeen 4-0 Rangers
    Name:  2 rangers.png
Views: 994
Size:  541.0 KB

If were not already in the last 16 this match may have been a problem. However we are so could go full force Two from De Preville and Klein had us 3 goals clear before the break and u20 sub Ross Macauley rounded out a great result. It was all over before Johan Martensson got sent off to make the day a bit sweeter

Champions League Match 6
    Napoli 2-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 napoli.png
Views: 997
Size:  540.4 KB

Played all the back ups and thanks to fate we remained in top spot. Great result for the back up team.

Dunfermline 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 dunfermline.png
Views: 990
Size:  532.0 KB

Now comes the hard part. No tough games till we play Hibs just before the break but 5 games in 3 weeks, players wanting a opportunity to play, others needing a break this is the type of situation where it could all go wrong

Dundee 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 dundee.png
Views: 977
Size:  532.1 KB

Dundee are still the best of the rest after Hibs and i was worried about this game for the first 4 minutes where Tom Hateley got sent off. That should have set up a walkover but amazingly considering our form it was Dundee and Jack Aitchison that took the lead. Garcia got us level pretty quickly but it wasnt till the 88th minute we took the lead through young midfielder Fernando Rey

Aberdeen 5-0 St Mirren
    Name:  6 st mirren.png
Views: 974
Size:  541.9 KB

There was never a sign that this was going to be contest. 5th goal from youngster Adam Smith who was the last youth graduate to look like having the potential to become a first team star took his chance with a goal tonight.

Inverness CT 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  7 ict.png
Views: 967
Size:  539.2 KB

Another day and another game that almost swung against us when the opposition got a red card. All was well and Garcia had us 1-0 ahead when early in the second half Inverness went down to 10 men and quickly equalized. Just as it seemed we were about to drop points Rey 91 & Frizzell 92 nabbed 2 points from the abyss again.

Aberdeen 2-2 Falkirk
    Name:  8 Falkirk.png
Views: 968
Size:  532.7 KB

We were finally caught out for mixing the youth players in with the first team by Falkirk who have cost us points in the past when least expected. Tonight they took a early lead before Rey got the second goal to put us ahead. A late Jordan McGhee strike got Falkirk a unlikely point as we head into the top of the table clash with Hibs

Hibs 1-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  9 hibs.png
Views: 961
Size:  535.3 KB

New year and a change of guard with the last minute goals. Youngster Rey scored yet another goal and doing all he can to get Jack or Roca out of the team and it looked like we wer ready to extend the gap even further when John McGinn took his revenge for all the times i've never picked him for the Scotland squad with a 93rd minute equalizer as we head towards a much needed break.

SPFL Table
Views: 979
Size:  821.2 KB

The old firm are finally into the top 6. Shame there already 20 points behind the mighty Dons and have Hearts & Hibs between us and them. Dundee will have to deal with Partick once again except this time there's a top 6 spot on the line as it stands. Huge gap already between Dunfermline & St Mirren and the rest who already have more than double there points.

Champions League
    Name:  Champions League group.png
Size:  753.9 KB

Amazing final table. Aberdeen and Napoli go through to the last 16, Sporting drop into the Europa League while favorites Spurs are out of Europe full stop.

Sadly for all of us Celtic despite beating Ajax 4-0 in the final game they drop out of Europe finishing 4th. Rangers also finished bottom of there Europa League. Club Brugge were beatable but they had little chance to get from this group.
    Name:  Celtic CL.png
Views: 976
Size:  742.7 KB

Name:  Rangers CL.png
Views: 975
Size:  749.7 KB

Last 16 Draw
    CSKA Moscow vs Aberdeen
    Name:  CL last 16 draw.png
Size:  725.3 KB

We got a great result against them in our first Europa League campaign giving us a great chance of reaching the Quarter Finals.

24. January

Dunfermline make the first manager move of the year
    Name:  managers.png
Size:  735.2 KB

Fixtures

Aberdeen 6-0 Raith
Views: 970
Size:  526.0 KB

Perfect game to get after the winter break. Garcia and Klein got 2 each De Preville and center back Jullien got the others

Aberdeen 4-1 Celtic
    Name:  2 celtic.png
Views: 977
Size:  529.0 KB

Brendon Rodgers is starting too look desperate. Changed formation twice in this match despite being in the game till the last 10 minutes. Klein and Charly Musonda got a goal for either team in the first 10 minutes then De Preville became the difference between the teams with a goal either side of the break and while Mr Rodgers was playing with tactics Adam Frizzell won the game with a 4th

Scottish Cup 4th Round
    Montrose 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 montroes.png
Views: 957
Size:  541.1 KB

Kids and back up heavy team made the 40 mile trip to Links park for a far from comfortable cup tie. 2nd Goalscorer Joe Smith got his work permit and came back but this will be his only match of the season now he's gone off on loan again.

SPFL Table
Views: 969
Size:  822.2 KB

Wins all round for teh top two but it gets harder for Hibs now they have lost there star player Diaby. Rangers and Hearts also won there 2 games to open the gap to 5th place Celtic even more. If Dundee had held there lead against Celtic they would be above them as well. Manager change or not Dunfemline & St Mirren look in major trouble.

Transfer Window

Aberdeen

Short and sweet. One u19 joins two leave. Jakob Lindstrom never developed and returns to Sweden with Orebro and Aleksander Cerar was just holding onto his u19 spot on the left wing and was not looking like being anything but a back up player in the future so Arsenal once again gave us £3m plus a few future clauses

World Transfer
    Name:  World transers.png
Views: 965
Size:  821.5 KB

The stand out move is Pogba joining PSG. There 25 man squad is insane. By far the best in the game right now

But not good enough to lead the French league!
    Name:  psg squad.png
Views: 986
Size:  806.0 KB

Scottish Transfers
    Name:  spl transfers.png
Size:  828.0 KB

Celtic were the busiest team. The also resigned Callum McGregor on a free 7 months after letting him go. How Much will Hibs miss Abdoulay Diaby Can understand them taking the £3m however. Rangers sold Jason Holt to Dundee seems strange as he usually caused no ends of problems for us. Hibs continue to build a tribute team to 2010 by adding former international Steven Naismith on a free

Teddybear30 likes this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post

January

Dunfermline make the first manager move of the year
    Attachment 1098272

Fixtures

Aberdeen 6-0 Raith
    Attachment 1098268
    Perfect game to get after the winter break. Garcia and Klein got 2 each De Preville and center back Jullien got the others

Aberdeen 4-1 Celtic
    Attachment 1098269
    Brendon Rodgers is starting too look desperate. Changed formation twice in this match despite being in the game till the last 10 minutes. Klein and Charly Musonda got a goal for either team in the first 10 minutes then De Preville became the difference between the teams with a goal either side of the break and while Mr Rodgers was playing with tactics Adam Frizzell won the game with a 4th

Scottish Cup 4th Round
    Montrose 0-2 Aberdeen
    Attachment 1098270
    Kids and back up heavy team made the 40 mile trip to Links park for a far from comfortable cup tie. 2nd Goalscorer Joe Smith got his work permit and came back but this will be his only match of the season now he's gone off on loan again.

SPFL Table
    Attachment 1098271
    Wins all round for teh top two but it gets harder for Hibs now they have lost there star player Diaby. Rangers and Hearts also won there 2 games to open the gap to 5th place Celtic even more. If Dundee had held there lead against Celtic they would be above them as well. Manager change or not Dunfemline & St Mirren look in major trouble.

Transfer Window

Aberdeen

Short and sweet. One u19 joins two leave. Jakob Lindstrom never developed and returns to Sweden with Orebro and Aleksander Cerar was just holding onto his u19 spot on the left wing and was not looking like being anything but a back up player in the future so Arsenal once again gave us £3m plus a few future clauses

World Transfer
    Attachment 1098273
    The stand out move is Pogba joining PSG. There 25 man squad is insane. By far the best in the game right now

But not good enough to lead the French league!
    Attachment 1098274

Scottish Transfers
    Attachment 1098275
    Celtic were the busiest team. The also resigned Callum McGregor on a free 7 months after letting him go. How Much will Hibs miss Abdoulay Diaby Can understand them taking the £3m however. Rangers sold Jason Holt to Dundee seems strange as he usually caused no ends of problems for us. Hibs continue to build a tribute team to 2010 by adding former international Steven Naismith on a free

PSG's team holy s##t :o, they might as well give you the title now!!! good work
    stonecold likes this.

26. February

Celtic Sack Rodgers right at the end of the month as they can no longer win the league and the Champions League spot is in serious doubt

Fixtures

Partick 1-2 Aberdeen

Two goals from De Preville had the match in hand. A late McNulty goal made the end nervous but we held on

Hearts 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 hearts.png
Views: 879
Size:  538.6 KB

This result symbolized the difference in us being 10 points clear and the 30 points we are clear. Stephen Mallan gave Hearts a early lead that they looked to be holding on to finally end our unbeaten run. Not so fast here! Klein got us back into the game and after a 30 minute assault on Danny Rodgers goal Adam Frizzell scored the winning goal in the 93rd minute

Aberdeen 4-0 Inverness CT
    Name:  2 Inveness.png
Views: 878

The good old kill'em to death in the first half with all 4 goals coming before the break

Scottish Cup 5th Round
    Aberdeen 4-3 Kilmarnock
    Name:  3 killie.png
Size:  538.8 KB

A youthful Dons team stormed into a 3 goal lead and turned even more conservative and by god Killie almost bit us in the ass but a player who will be getting more 1st team action as this season goes on Ross Maccauley got the difference maker

Champions League Last 16 1st Leg
    CSKA Moscow 2-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 cska.png
Views: 871
Size:  535.3 KB

Much like ourselves this Russian team has improved quite a bit since our first season meeting, Much in thanks to there youth intakes and Brazilian additions. It was Aberdeen however that had the 2 goal lead at half time, being back to full strength with Garcia and Gibson back after missing a few weeks with injury. Jonathas scored twice to get the Russian's back into the tie but how important will Alan Grangers tap in at the end for a 3rd away goal be after the 2nd leg

Aberdeen 2-0 Dunfermline
    Name:  5 dunfemline.png
Views: 873
Size:  532.4 KB

Our worst performance against one of the bottom 2 teams all season after the long flight back from Russia and even worse that we'll be without Matthias Klein and is set to miss a month and could miss the Champions League match

Aberdeen 4-1 Dundee
    Name:  6 dundee.png
Views: 873
Size:  533.4 KB

Back to normal against our only Dundee rivals in the save. Borja Garcia got his first hattrick for Aberdeen

SPFL Table
Size:  824.4 KB

Were now 30 points clear of Hibs who look like its only Rangers to worry about for 2nd place with Hearts and Celtic probably too far back. Dundee and Partick thistle will have a 4 game play-off for the final top 6 spot. No change at the bottom. St Mirren & Dunfermline will keep fighting for a shot of survival through the play-off

Once again no Youth prospects of note join

Teddybear30 likes this.

27. March

We smash several records. Already had the highest scoring season in the save, St Mirren have already conceded the most in a season
    Record runs more About Aberdeen to follow but St Mirren have not won since the 2nd of November a total now over 20 games.

Celtic have a new Manager
    Name:  Paul Hartley.png
Views: 849
Size:  337.2 KB

Thanks to that so do Dundee
    Name:  all managers.png
Views: 849
Size:  782.1 KB

Fixtures

Rangers 2-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 Rangers.png
Views: 851
Size:  543.1 KB

Jeez this was as close as we've come to throwing the record attempt away. Rangers held a first half lead thanks to Joe Dodoo but a Ronningen double had us back in the match and in front for all of 3 minutes before 35 year old former Newcastle striker Xisco tied the game up once again. 25 minutes of mostly Rangers chances saw no further goals but one of the best matches between the two teams

Scottish Cup Q/F
    Hearts 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 hearts.png
Views: 846
Size:  544.1 KB

All signs are pointing to the main squad being tired so i've promised my best starting 11 a week off training if we get past Hearts and CSKA Moscow and Adam Frizzell's first half strike got half that job done.

Strongest Semi Final line up so far. A third Scottish cup will be hard earned this year if we pull it off.
    Name:  sco cup semi dram.png
Views: 841
Size:  690.4 KB

Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg
    Aberdeen 0-1 CSKA Moscow
    Name:  3 cska.png
Views: 838
Size:  533.7 KB

Away goals may be one of the worst rules in all sports but tonight im a big fan. This CSKA side has come on leaps and bounds and comfortably beat us. They have every right to feel unlucky to have lost this tie despite joining Roma, Man Utd, St Etienne, Valencia & Schalke as the only teams to win at Pittodrie in European matches

Champions League Q/F Draw
    Lyon vs Aberdeen
    Name:  Champ league draw.png
Views: 846
Size:  704.7 KB

Shakthar was the only draw that would have been better for us but against Lyon we have a shot. The other two French mega powers face off in the biggest match of the round.

St Mirren 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 st mirren.png
Views: 841

We tied Celtic's all time SPL record 32 game unbeaten run with a team of kids and back up players.

Falkirk 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 falkirk.png
Views: 840
Size:  536.1 KB

It was not pretty but its a new record of games unbeaten set at 33 and counting! Not only that but it also secured the title will stay at Pittodrie with 7 games to go

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL table.png
Views: 858
Size:  825.9 KB

The title is in the bag now all that remain is to "Just dont loose baby" and try complete an unbeaten season. Hibs and Rangers are tied together in the fight for 2nd, Hearts will have to work hard to keep Paul Hartley's Celtic from flying past for 4th while Dundee vs Partick will go to the final math before the break. Dunfermline vs St Mirren will probably go even longer. I now think if either side can win twice they will avoid bottom spot. Thats still some ask of teams that each have 2 wins all season

Scotland Match
    Scotland 1-1 Romania
    Name:  Scotland games.png
Views: 839
Size:  542.5 KB

Not worth another post. tried a few more players due to injury's ect. Should have the Euro Squad sorted now.

Teddybear30 and NathanITFC like this.

28. April

Aberdeen overcome a huge tactical error at the start of the month to recover and perform champions league miracles

Fixtures

Aberdeen 1-0 Hibs
    Name:  1 hibs.png
Views: 821

A solitarry strike from fit again Klein gave the champions another win over there closest rivals. A nice warm up for Lyon

Champions League Q/F 1st leg
    Lyon 2-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 lyon 1st leg.png
Views: 797
Size:  546.0 KB

This was the most disgusted i've felt with my team. On the big night they put up a toothless performance up front. Especially annoying was the Lyon were down to 9 men for the last half hour with 2 red cards in 3 minutes and they were the ones who scored a second goal right at the death

Raith 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 raith.png
Views: 800
Size:  531.4 KB

Clearly we were going to rest players with the quick turn around but the result was not half as important as discovering that in early April when going through the squad depth page i accidentally changed my tactics hence the dodgy result in Lyon. Also looking back we were lucky to beat Hibs. I would have been gutted to have lost a match then discovered it was due to that.

Champions League Q/F 2nd leg
    Aberdeen 2-0 Lyon AET
    -- Pens Aberdeen 3-1 Lyon --
    Name:  4 lyon 2nd leg.png
Views: 810
Size:  544.6 KB

Could be our most incredible come back made even greater because we were missing our right wing due to suspension. The comeback began with Klein opening the scoring halfway through the first half. Lyon kicked off the second half and speaking of kicking Lucas Vazquez was sent off for Lyon and wing back Alan Granger got a second and despite pressure we couldnt lock the tie down in 90 minutes of in extra time so Pittodrie was treated to a penalty shoot out where Lyon collapsed only scoring 1 of there 4 penaltys to put Aberdeen into the Semi Finals amazing after less than 4 season to have made it this far.

Semi Final Draw
    Name:  CL semi draw.png
Views: 799
Size:  695.5 KB

We again get luck of the draw missing Barcelona & PSG not that Atletico would be considered a winnable tie. In my past saves we seemed to play Atletico every year.

Scottish Cup Semi Final
    Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 rangers.png
Views: 798
Size:  537.5 KB

What a run of fixtures we have. 4 Champions League matches with Hibs twice, Celtic & todays cup Semi Final We had a 2 goal lead and resisting the temptation to start resting players Joe Dodoo pulled Rangers back into the game for all of 6 minutes when Franc off the bench secured our spot in another final.

Our win here sets up a final with the nations 2nd best team Hibs.
    Name:  Sco cup final draw.png
Views: 820
Size:  682.4 KB

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL table.png
Views: 801
Size:  839.4 KB

The race for 2nd spot took another twist as Hearts have won there way into the fight for 2nd only 3 points behind Rangers & Hibs. Celtic look destined for 5th and Dundee 6th having held of Partick. St Mirren vs Dunfermline at the bottom. Will either manager to save themselves from Automatic relegation or is it too late?

Fixture Congestion
    Name:  fixture mess.png
Views: 817
Size:  870.2 KB

The SPL can always be relied upon for two things. Damage any potential European challenge with terrible scheduling and to make Aberdeen fans suffer with domestic scheduling. In 7 days we face a trip to Hibs, Celtic and Atletico Madrid before finishing at home to Hearts the league's from team.

TheBattman and ninjaskill like this.

29. Good job the title is all but secured meaning you could rest a few players for the big Europa league semi to Atletico. Ridiculous scheduling tho! At Kidderminster in the conference I had 3 games in 4 days once during the Christmas/new year time, somehow I got 9 points out of 9 from it!
    stonecold likes this.

30. Quote Originally Posted by NathanITFC View Post
    Good job the title is all but secured meaning you could rest a few players for the big Europa league semi to Atletico. Ridiculous scheduling tho! At Kidderminster in the conference I had 3 games in 4 days once during the Christmas/new year time, somehow I got 9 points out of 9 from it!
    I remember in the good old days you could request a fixture change in this situation

31. Euro 2020 Finals Draw
    This could be a interesting group. Germany should win the group but there's little between Scotland and Austria while Greece historically become a much better team at the Euro's.

Name:  euro 2020 draw.png
Views: 1017
Size:  578.0 KB

On a side note i did not pay enough attention to how qualifying works and it makes no sense here. Denmark on 11 points made the play offs but Lithuania on 15 did not. Sadly i didnt keep any pictures of the final qualifying tables so i guess we'll go through this again in 4 years time.

Teddybear30 likes this.

32. May

We were 10 minutes away a Munich Cup final

Fixtures

Champions League S/F 1st Leg
    Aberdeen 0-1 Atletico Madrid
    Name:  1 athletico 1st.png
Views: 1012
Size:  498.5 KB

Class showed and Aberdeen really struggled to ever get out of the box, Suspension to the entire left wing Granger & De Preville did not help

Hibs 2-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 hibs.png
Views: 1020
Size:  539.6 KB

A tough stretch of games but we had to rotate the players a bit and despite this we rushed into a 2 goal lead. Zak Rudden got a goal before half time that made the game interesting. for a while till Jack secured the game.

Celtic 1-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 celtic.png
Views: 1009
Size:  538.2 KB

The weakest team i think we've ever put out against Celtic but this is different times and Paul Hartley is starting to see teh size of the job he has on his hands. To be fair to them they did lead the game at half time but back up striker fresh from signing a new deal Alex Ronningen kept the unbeaten dream alive

Champions League S/F 2nd Leg
    Atletico Madrid 2-2 Aberdeen
    Agg Atletico 3-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 athletico 2nd.png
Views: 1005
Size:  533.2 KB

What a thrilling event this was considering Madrid had it in the bag from the first leg then the opening goal from Iheanacho should have settled the nerves. Amazingly Klein first gave us hope on the half time whistle pulling one back but the true moment of magic when we took the lead on the night and in the tie thanks to Madrid's center back Diego Godin. We were just starting to dream of a improbable final when Spanish striker Paco Alcacer saved Atletico from become another notch on the bed post and ended a great European dream. Reaching the Semi finals, despite being lucky with the draw i had a last 16 at best for our expectations but this run could change the clubs future. Klein and Ronnining have already signed new deals how many more can we tie up and stop being a selling club right in time for Brexit.

Aberdeen 3-1 Hearts
    Name:  5th hearts.png
Views: 1006
Size:  534.2 KB

Pressure was off after finishing the Champions League run and this was the champions playing at there best. Diks & Macauley from the right wing and the ever reliable Garcia with the third

Dundee 0-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 dundee.png
Views: 999
Size:  533.9 KB

Only 2 games from the unbeaten season this was not what my heart needed. Dundee only had a few chances but anytime the screen turned blue i shat myself. I'll never be more grateful to Ali Msakni for keeping a clean sheet.

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
    Name:  7 rangers.png
Views: 1000
Size:  540.6 KB

One final test and Rangers had the chance to stop us but in the end scored 2 of our goals with a De Preville strike to secure an amazing legacy that will be tough to ever repeat.

Final SPFL Table
Views: 995
Size:  733.7 KB

Aberdeen finish unbeaten but fall 1 point short of the all time record set by Celtic in 2002. Gap stayed at around 30 points for quite a while so maybe this will be much closer next season? Hibs just managed to beat Rangers to 2nd and i think that mean the SPL has 2 Champions League spots and neither will go to a old firm side. there was no change apart from the bottom two. St Mirren beat Dunfermline on the final day to jump 1 point above them and relegate Dunfermline giving St Mirren a chance in the play off. Could you imagine a team looking 29 games but staying in the top flight!

TheBattman and Teddybear30 like this.

33. Scottish Cup Final 2019/20

Aberdeen vs Hibs

Name:  dons logo.png
Views: 942
Size:  8.5 KBName:  hibs logo.jpg
Size:  4.8 KB
    A repeat of last years final where we wont 3-0. Also on the line as well as retaining our title is the domestic treble and with that a first even unbeaten domestic campaign

Formations
    Name:  formaitions.png
Views: 951
Size:  339.6 KB

Neil Lennon's Christmas tree formation has turned them into the 2nd best team in the country

Match
    Aberdeen 5-0 Hibs
    Name:  match.png
Views: 956
Size:  513.6 KB

A perfect way to end a dominant season. Klein scored twice in the first half as did Frizzell and even one of Hibs defenders got in on the act and we were 4 clear by half time. We got another from Rey in the 90th minute.

Domestic Season Record
    P47 W41 D6 L0

Teddybear30 and ninjaskill like this.

34. Unreal going the whole domestic season unbeaten!! Imagine if St Mirren stay up after losing 29 ganes
    stonecold likes this.

35. That's some domestic campaign man! What a season
    stonecold likes this.

36. End Of Season 2019/20 Review

Scotland
Views: 901
Size:  733.7 KB

After two frustrating seasons struggling to win the title this is one of the most dominant league wins i've had in football manager. 32 wins and no defeats will be a record that will be nearly impossible to match. Team of the year comfortably goes to Hibs who held of a late Rangers charge to finish 2nd and get into the Champions League qualifiers. They will have to make more signings in the summer but have a pretty decent squad as it stands. Rangers back in 3rd place were the best of the Old Firm finishing just behind Hibs in 3rd having there best season since they won the league. Hearts were 4th coming late into the race for 2nd spot but ran out of gas in the last few games. Celtic were by a long way the disappointment of the season. 5th place is beyond any form of disaster the Parkhead board could have dreamed up. Rodgers had to go. Either side of our title fight last year they finished 3rd and were only 6th when he was removed. Big job for former Dundee boss Paul Hartley who's side have always pushed above there weight, ever finishing below a team with a smaller budget and once again finishing in the top half. Partick were on the verge of another top 6 finish and can have no shame with 7th ahead of Inverness CT, Falkirk & Raith who all spent the season in no mans land non looking like challenging the top 6 but miles clear of the bottom 2. St Mirren beat Dunfermline after the split to get a second chance at survival which they lost to Ross County.

Name:  playoffs.png
Views: 905
Size:  690.9 KB

Championship winner Greenock Morton funded by a tycoon are back in the top flight for the first time since 1988. There last 2 campaigns in the Scottish top flight seen them conceded 100 goals in both campaigns. Ross County join them after firstly finishing tied on 60 point with Morton but with a worse goal difference. Forfar went down but Livingston survived a playoff. The mighty Berwick Rangers made the big step to the Championship while Cowdenbeath were the only side going to League 2 where they will swap with Stranraer. Morton drop out of the league after conceding a 90th minute equalizer then loosing a penalty shoot out.

Aberdeen are now the top ranked team in Scotland
    Name:  aberdeen no1.png
Views: 905
Size:  823.0 KB

Big 4 league review
    Name:  all trophys.png
Size:  851.5 KB

Atletico Madrid win a vintage La Liga season after a season long fight with Barcelona. Real Madrid and Atletic Bilbao reach the champions league while usual suspects Sevilla. Villarreal and Malaga are in the Europa league. Valencia in 9th were let down team of the year.
    In England the past winners curse strikes again with Tottenham doing the double just beating Man Utd to both the League and FA Cup. Liverpool & Man Citys manager swap did nothing to help either of them as another season of Europa league football awaits both.
    Identical top 4 the only change was Napoli running away with a dominant title win 10 points clear at the top.
    I missed the German league again having said that it changed to the playoffs on the day the other leagues finished. Anyway back to point. Your getting a picture this year due to the results. Leverkusen had a hug lead going into the final month led by former Celtic striker Moussa Dembele but Bayern almost caught them up but thankfully they held on so that every major league had had different winners. Could argue France Ligue 1 but not so fast! Monaco had the best season in any major league possibly ever! as they and SPG's record made a mockery of my SPL title. Eden Hazards former team Lille finished bottom
    Name:  League fra.png
Views: 910
Size:  778.5 KB

Name:  League ger.png
Views: 906
Size:  756.9 KB

Early Summer Manager Change
    Martin Canning - Dundee

Aberdeen 2019/20
    Name:  aberdeen squad.png
Views: 913
Size:  794.6 KB

The wingers were the key. All except Frizzell led the team in Ave Ratings but then again De Preville and Diks are the two best players along with Klein and Garcia up top. Gibson came in and made our defense instantly better. Great bit of business for £3m

Aberdeen Fans player if the year
    Name:  fans player of the year.png
Size:  268.7 KB

Our first ever repeat winner since all previous players were sold. I said last year
    "I have no plans to sell Klein. He's contracted till 2023 with no buy out clause and he wont get a new contract without signing one without a no buy out clause! Only way he'll leave is if Mr Milne forces a move through"
    All good as Klein recently signed a new deal till 2025 with no get out clauses.

Aberdeen Finances
    Final balance £42.7m +£24m
    Name:  finances.png
Views: 896
Size:  662.2 KB

Huge profit from the Champions League as you would expect as usual the deductions from the tax man and shareholders didnt hold us up.

Other Competitions

Champions League
    Paris SG 2-0 Atl Madrid
    Name:  CL Tree.png
Views: 889
Size:  727.7 KB

Moneybags FC retain the title. Its going to take a miracle to overcome these French sides.

Europa League
    Real Madrid 2-0 Chelesa
    Name:  Europa League tree.png
Views: 1002
Size:  716.7 KB

What a line up for the Europa League.

Scottish teams in Europe 2019/20
    Aberdeen - Champions League S/F
    Celtic - Champions League Group Phase
    Rangers - Europa League group phase
    Dundee - Europa League Play off
    Partick Thistle - Europa League 3rd qualifiers

European Rankings
    Name:  euro rankings.png
Views: 892
Size:  857.7 KB

Aberdeen continue to climb, Now 34th in Europa after last seasons amazing run. Celtic are 57th and Rangers almost make it into the top 100 at 104th

Awards

SPL Player of the year
    Nicholas De Preville
    Name:  Awards - player of the year.png
Views: 890
Size:  796.2 KB

Just sneaked past last years winner Matthias Klein and new attacker Borja Garcia. Two of these are 29 and will be in there 30's next year.

SPL Young Player of the year
    Alan Granger
    Name:  Awards -young player.png
Size:  772.4 KB

The kids a monster. Still only 18 and he's already played over 100 games for Aberdeen. I think we have ourselves a career save player.

SPL Top Scorer
    Matthias Klein - 25
    Name:  Awards - Top scorers.png
Views: 916
Size:  816.4 KB

Almost identical record to last season but this time the chasing pack was so close. Joe Dodoo had a break through season and Lewis Vaughan at Inverness. Will they both stay at there clubs for next season and will Leigh Griffiths return to the top 3 in his 30th year?

Scottish team of the year
    Name:  Awards - Team of the yer.png
Size:  708.2 KB

Ozturk continued his form of having a better season every year, Dodoo's second place in the scoring charts helped him join Scotland's new midfield hope John McGinn

Out of the EU
    Name:  Left the EU.png
Size:  228.2 KB

Hot topic of today Its now confirmed. We've not managed to do any deals or the last while but i just noticed the Bosman rule has also been scrapped. Never heard of that before! Anyone want to fill me in?

37. Fantastic work mate, took me about 17 seasons to get Hibs into the semi-finals of the Champions League! Good to see us doing so well on your save, seeing Lee Wallace in the line up for the cup final you won 5-0 made me vomit mind!

38. Quote Originally Posted by hibee63 View Post
    Fantastic work mate, took me about 17 seasons to get Hibs into the semi-finals of the Champions League! Good to see us doing so well on your save, seeing Lee Wallace in the line up for the cup final you won 5-0 made me vomit mind!
    What was worse 5-0 or Lee Wallace

39. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    What was worse 5-0 or Lee Wallace

Definitely Lee Wallace!
    stonecold likes this.

40. Scotland Euro 2020

Name:  euro 2020 logo.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  12.8 KB

The Squad
    Name:  euros squad.png
Views: 781
Size:  789.0 KB

I've tried to make the squad more youthful so dont look at Darren Fletcher and laugh! John McGinn is not guaranteed to keep that MC place. Jack may nick it from him and Gauld was unlucky to miss the pick.

Warm Up Games

Scotland 3-0 Georgia
    Name:  georga game.png
Views: 775
Size:  546.1 KB

Scotland 2-1 Italy
    Name:  italy.png
Views: 780
Size:  549.9 KB

Result looks great but Dickson & Cairney, both starting players were injured and will miss the tournament

Teddybear30 likes this.

41. European Championships

Group B

Germany 0-5 Scotland
    Name:  1 germany.png
Views: 1041
Size:  551.1 KB

What a legandery half of football. Can't quite put it into words mainly that i cant explain what happened or how. Was pretty happy with it being 0-0 at half time. then in the second half Germany got some Brazil 2014 treatment Ryan Christie and Griffiths got a goal each before Christie got sent off. We went all out defense and struck Germany on the counter with Griffiths second. Germany went all out attack and amazingly we struck another 2 goals to cap a the most amazing night in Scottish football history

Scotland 3-0 Greece
    Name:  2 greece.png
Views: 1047
Size:  553.1 KB

Still on a high from the Germany game we did a "Aberdeen" and knocked Greece out with 3 quick goals past Greece.

Austria 0-3 Scotland
    Name:  3 austira.png
Views: 1049
Size:  547.6 KB

Both sides were through going into this so all that was at stake was top spot. Were without 3 of our 4 Center midfielders but had Ryan Christie back, well for 45 minutes before he got sent off for the 2nd time in 3 games possibly ending his international career and putting his Aberdeen future in jeopardy. That aside we put on an amazing performance first goals for Alex Davey and Barry Bannan as we win to make it 3 wins out of 3 and finish with a score of 11-0

Final Table
Views: 1051
Size:  749.3 KB

Only the top 2 teams go through. Russia were the only other major nation to miss out. Much smaller nations like Kosovo, Georgia and Albania all make the last 16

Last 16 Draw
    Ukraine vs Scotland
    Name:  last 16 draw.png
Views: 1054
Size:  710.0 KB

So the last 16 is set. Feel sorry for Belgium and Italy drawing each other. But not so much since we'll play them in the Quarter Finals if we make it.

42. European Championships

Name:  euro trophy.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  6.4 KB

Last 16

Ukraine vs Scotland
    Name:  ukraine flag.png
Views: 1055
Size:  554 Bytes Name:  sco flag.png
Views: 1031
Size:  2.3 KB

Ukraine 2-2 Scotland
    Pens Ukraine 4-2 Scotland
    Name:  match.png
Views: 1041
Size:  488.4 KB

After our wonders in the group phase this performance shocked me a little. We were totally out played by Ukraine. They got there deserved lead through Petryak. Matt Ritchie was not ready to go home and forced Extra time with a late equalizer. One man who was ready to go home was 36 year old Darren Fletcher who to be fair was up way past his bed time got sent off 4 minutes into extra time. This didnt stop Oliver Burke punching his mark on the squad with a wonder goal to put us in front. Ukraine would have felt robbed had they not at least forced penaltys in which the lottery swung the other teams way this time. Despite meeting the FA's targets i feel this is a bit of a disappointment

All Results
    Name:  all results.png
Views: 1036
Size:  721.8 KB

Kosovo's heroics take them to at least the Semi Finals no other major shocks.

Teddybear30 likes this.

43. Pre Season 2020/21

A summer that can only get 10/10 when it comes to keeping players, buying players and sorting out contracts. On the flip side we had to gamble on stocking our side up with a stacked first team, lots on loan and a overflowing under 20s including a few players without work permits.

Manager Changes
    Brendan Rodgers - Valencia
    Didier Deschamps - Bilbao
    Pep Guardiola - Arsenal
    Jochin Low - Switzerland
    Iwan Stewart - Wales
    Luciano Spalletti - Belgium
    Arsene Wenger - France
    Rafa Benitez - Germany
    Roberto Mancini - Italy
    Age Hareide - Ireland
    Martin O'Neil - N Ireland

Euro 2020
    Name:  euros tree.png
Views: 994
Size:  707.2 KB

Not so bad getting beaten by Ukraine after all. They got all the way to the final and are runners up despite never winning a game in 90 minutes! Sound familiar

Name:  euros dream team.png
Views: 1000
Size:  730.7 KB

A Scottish Player made the starting 11 in the Euro's dream team. Safe to say thats Center backs sorted for the next decade

Season Targets
    SPL - Winners
    Scottish Cup - Win
    League Cup - Win
    Champions League - Last 16

With the huge wages were paying from now we have to at least get to the last 16 of the Champions League.

Pre season friendly's
    Name:  pre season frendlys.png
Views: 970
Size:  865.6 KB

We thrashed everyone we faced except West Ham who we beat in our final game.

Pre Season Prices
    Name:  pre seasons preview.png
Size:  865.5 KB

In a role reversal Aberdeen are now favorites. Only 3s despite having all 11 spots in the media dream 11! We spent a lot to make this happen and Celtic brought in a profit on transfers a familiar Aberdeen story of yesterdays.

Fixtures
    Name:  fixtures.png
Views: 984
Size:  879.3 KB

Rangers in the 2nd game of the season and Celtic games during fixture congested times of the year. SPL's blind fixture team strike again.

Transfers
    Transfer records smashed on the way to signing several quality players

Aberdeen Transfers
    Name:  transfers aberdden.png
Size:  659.5 KB

Calum Chambers DR
    Name:  in clalum chambrs.png
Views: 971
Size:  823.0 KB

Welcome the new transfer record holder, The third defender in a row to take that title. I was in a hole when it came to getting a right back so to find Chambers on the transfer list was a god send but i feel like i've taken a massive risk and gone a tad unrealistic in spending such levels of money. Then remember if you were offered a starting spot on a team that almost reached the Champions League final or a spot rotting in a teams u23s which would you choose

Serge Gnabry ML
    Name:  in serge gnabry.png
Views: 1019
Size:  825.4 KB

This summer is quickly becoming the 2012 Arsenal youth team! Gnabry has to be the best player to appear on a free in the summer where there has been some amazing players available. His wages are astronomical but if worst comes to worst we'll make a huge profit off him. He'll start on the left wing from day 1

Isaac Pereira MR
    Name:  in Isaac pereira.png
Views: 957
Size:  841.0 KB

The summer moves may seem harsh of Frizzell but he was my clear weak link up top last year so grabbing this Portugese prospect who is ready to start now and can surly improve even more.

Oussama Tannane AM
    Name:  in issac tannare.png
Size:  831.8 KB

Meet Isaac's insurance policy. Can play in any of the front 4 positions and will be depth till a good offer comes in. Basically the Kenny McLean role

Markus Henriksen MC
    Name:  in Heikkenen.png
Size:  832.4 KB

This guys name will be a disaster to remember. Dons fans will notice its very similar to a former player that also played in the midfield

Steven Bergwijn ML
    Name:  in steven bergwijn.png
Views: 944
Size:  829.3 KB

The first sad story of the season. Bergwijn was first approached before i signed Gnabry but lucky for him Sporting Lisbon has taken him on loan for a year

Hirvin Lozano ML
    Name:  in hirving lozano.png
Views: 947
Size:  828.6 KB

On a usual summer this would be the deal of the year and i must say im astounded that this world class player agreed to sign for Aberdeen. But and this is a huge but, he has no work permit. I Knew there would be no danger of him getting a loan move so see minimal risk of paying him £35k a year to go on loan till we get a work permit sorted.

Darren Randolph was brought in as we are far to big a team not to have a decent back up keeper these days and 3 other youths sign up. Khumalo leaves on loan as he's without a work permit
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-youth.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-3.png

Out
    Our first summer without a profit on transfers but we still moved on a few players. Glenn Stevens demanded a move after i broke some promise to him, no idea what it was but west ham offered £3.8m for a player that showed almost no development and a bad attitude. The next offer shocked me even more. Kenny McLean has hardly kicked a ball in anger since his major injury last summer and there was a £3m offer from Nottingham Forrest for a player i was wanting too sell in the summer anyway. Squad players Cammy Smith and Joel Larsson moved on for a total of £300k. Dundee seem to like the look of our u19 team after loaning 3 of them for the season.

World Transfers
    Name:  World transfers 1.png
Views: 934
Size:  840.6 KB

Name:  World transfers 2.png
Views: 939
Size:  827.8 KB

Seen the June transfers and was all ready to comment on the French sides then July reminded us that Real Madrid, Man City and Bayern did not get poor, Just quiet. Dont quite get the £84m signing of Oussmane Dembele after only providing 17 goals and 15 assist from 4 seasons in Madrid

SPL Transfers
Size:  833.7 KB

Not for the first time Jason Cummings is the main non Aberdeen move as he returns to Hibs who also splash cash on Idriss Saadi and Sam Johnson. Celtic were all about the sales this summer with there only purchase being a 31 year old defender from Lugo, Rangers spent £3m having there best summer so far. Morton offered me £3m for a player but only spent a total of £600k!

Squad
    Name:  squad 1.png
Views: 938
Size:  812.2 KB

Name:  squad 2.png
Views: 928
Size:  810.9 KB

There's going to be a lot to fight for this year. Without doubt next year will be a selling summer with all the additions this year with the dangers of Brexit encouraged me to overfill the squad. Do doubting were better at all levels thanks to the summers additions.

Youth team
    Name:  squad youth.png
Views: 924
Size:  800.2 KB

Progression again with very few players moving to the senior squad. had to miss out the loaned players so you can see who's actually in this squad.

Starting 11
    Name:  starting 11.png
Views: 920
Size:  680.0 KB

4 new signing are all set to start right away but over the year the old guard will get there chances if things go wrong.

44. August

Perfect start in the league, Tough draw in Europe, lots of youths leave on loan

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-0 Inverness CT
    Name:  1 ict.png
Views: 884
Size:  544.9 KB

Klein was clearly upset that he didnt retain his player of the year award and made a early statement that he wants it back

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
    Falkirk 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 falkirk.png
Size:  542.1 KB

Scary that this was the back up team

Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 rangers.png
Views: 868
Size:  547.7 KB

Rangers worried us with a goal right from kick off however Klein once again scored a hatrick

Aberdeen 4-0 Hearts
    Name:  4 hearts.png
Size:  543.9 KB

The form team at the end of last year were destroyed

Partick 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 partick.png
Views: 878

Closest thing to a contest we've had but still no danger of dropping points.

SPFL Table
    Name:  spl table.png
Views: 904
Size:  848.3 KB

4 games and 4 wins. Klein looks like a monster this year and the Old Firm look to be back to some sort of normality

Champions League Draw
    Name:  CL draw.png
Views: 877
Size:  787.2 KB

Not such a easy draw this time. Man Utd are the top team in England once again. Napoli got over 90 points in Serie A but if worst comes to worst Lech wont keep us from the Europa League.

Celtic get a easy Europa League group with Inter being the only class team, Hearts have a Champions League quality group with Marsille, Udinese and Schalke, Struggling Rangers will face Juventus and Red Bull Leipzig, Hibs went out at the Playoff Stage

August Transfer Window
    Name:  world transfers.png
Views: 867
Size:  852.9 KB

Aberdeen
    Squad was too big to buy anyone else but we've loaned out 3 players and sold our only player with a realistic buy out clause. Alex Ronnining our back up striker would not sign a new deal without buy out clause which has worked in one way as when he signed the offers for him were less than £5m and i should not complain about league record sum being payed for one of my players who happens to be a back up.

World Transfers
    Name:  spl transfers.png
Views: 882
Size:  835.4 KB

Noting stand out despite some huge fee's

SPL Transfers

Rangers reinvest money from over rated win back Taverneir and Morton open the cheque book i had been talking about.

PatrickLFC likes this.

45. Finally caught up on this, outstanding work as usual. I still remember your "Saving the Scottish Game" story, one of the best I've ever read and one of the stories that inspired me to write my own a while back. Keep up the good work!
    stonecold likes this.

46. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Finally caught up on this, outstanding work as usual. I still remember your "Saving the Scottish Game" story, one of the best I've ever read and one of the stories that inspired me to write my own a while back. Keep up the good work!
    Thank man that means a lot. We do miss your Soton story's every year! You still playing?
    PatrickLFC likes this.

47. You've still got it mate!
    stonecold likes this.

48. Scotland
    September Fixtures

I guess it has a lot to do with our group stage performance but were up to 9th in the world rankings
    Name:  world rankings.png
Views: 816
Size:  767.1 KB

European League Draw
    Name:  Euro League.png
Views: 819
Size:  726.8 KB

Much harder draw this time after both these teams made it to the Euro's. If we win this then were into the Divison B. Only 4 game so we'll have 2 friendlys against Spain and Jamaica to fill in the time

Squad
Views: 805
Size:  811.8 KB

Dickson, McGinn and Fraser are now starter. Cooper & Davey will have there chances to take a starting spot

European League Match 1
    Scotland 3-0 Russia
    Name:  1 russia.png
Views: 802

The Russians didnt even manage a shot on target

European League Match 2
    Albania 2-5 Scotland
    Name:  2 albania.png
Views: 804
Size:  534.4 KB

My 50th game as Scotland boss and a Leigh Griffiths master class seen him take his tally in that time to 44 goals. Albania's two goals came at the end long after the game was over.

Table
Views: 787
Size:  728.5 KB

6 Points clear at the top. Great start

PatrickLFC likes this.

49. Unlucky in Euro2020 to go out by penalties! But a strong start to league form once again
    stonecold likes this.

50. September

We have our most destructive month ever in the SPL, 21 goals from 3 games. squeaked through in the Cup but the Champions League had been a disaster

Fixtures

Raith 1-5 Aberdeen

Klein leads us to victory with another Hattrick

Champions League Match 1
    Napoli 3-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 napoli.png
Views: 789
Size:  534.7 KB

frustrating trip to Naples. De Preville had drawn us level at half time but two Napoli goals in a minute gave Napoli the first 3 points of the group

Aberdeen 8-0 Ross County
    Name:  3 ross county.png
Views: 769
Size:  539.8 KB

The second time in the league we break the goals per game record

Betfred Cup Q/F
    Rangers 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 rangers.png
Views: 788
Size:  531.3 KB

A tight game where the over riding skill of Gnabry was the difference

Morton 1-8 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 morton.png
Views: 780
Size:  540.1 KB

For the second time in a month we break the SPL goals a game record with some help from Morton for the 9th goal.

Champions League Match 2
    Aberdeen 0-1 Lech
    Name:  6 lech.png
Size:  532.0 KB

This is as angry as i should get with a computer game. Champions League qualification already looks ruined and without beating Lech in our final game we might be out of Europe!

SPFL Table
    Name:  Table.png
Size:  842.0 KB

Celtic are back and the only side in our league! Falkirk take Dundee's place in the top 6, Partick make an abysmal start.

Champions League
    Name:  Champions League.png
Views: 789
Size:  746.8 KB

Its as Grim as you could imagine

ninjaskill and PatrickLFC like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO