Like Tree617Likes

Aberdeen Back where it all began

1. March

5 Games, 5 cleans sheets, 1 League title, 1 ticket to the Champions League Q/F's

Fixtures

Motherwell 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 motherwell.png
Views: 1070
Size:  652.3 KB

Back up players get the run out against the worst two teams in the league

Scottish Cup Q/F
    Inverness 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 ICT.png
Views: 1061
Size:  647.9 KB

Champions League Last 16 2nd leg
    Aberdeen 2-0 Chelsea
    Name:  3 chelsea.png
Views: 1056
Size:  652.2 KB

An amazing come back as im sure i predicted in last months write up. Chelsea were not impressive at home so i had a belief that if we should have got a result down in London town then we had a great chance at Pittodrie

Hamilton 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 hamilton.png
Views: 1059
Size:  653.1 KB

Two early goals set up a title party for another title win

Aberdeen 1-0 Partick
    Name:  5 partick.png
Views: 1061
Size:  650.0 KB

There was a worry that a weakened team and the tack of focus with the title being won would lead to a sloppy result but nae danger. Champions League up next

SPFL Table
    Name:  spl table.png
Views: 1056
Size:  933.7 KB

Title is in the bag and Only Hibs can stop Celtic from finishing 2nd. Hearts look vulnerable to Rangers for 4th Partick will finish 6th. Non of the top 3 scorers got a league goal all month

Champions League Q/F Draw
    Name:  CL draw.png
Views: 1051
Size:  808.5 KB

There was no easy draw at this stage but the richest team in the game who spend around £100m a window is going to be a challenge.

2. Just been through it all. Fantastic stuff mate, your home form over the last few years has been remarkable! Good luck against PSG, will be tough.
    stonecold likes this.

3. April & May

As April ended we were left with two dead rubber games so combines the months
    The unbeaten run also came to a end so that pushed me over the edge for our most miserable end to a season for a while

Fixtures

Champions League Q/F 1st Leg
    PSG 4-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 psg.png
Views: 959
Size:  606.8 KB

We were demolished. Dybala had 3 great chances in the first 5 minutes and they continued to bang on the door and the final total of 4 could have been more had they not took there foot off the gas. Klein scored on to give us a reason to got full strength in the 2nd leg

Hibs 1-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 hibs.png
Views: 953
Size:  650.4 KB

And the record run finally comes to a end after 110 games without defeat the 3rd force in Scottish football with the 2nd best, at worse midfield outplayed us and were totally worthy of ending our record run. Its not all bad however. I can now play some of my u20s for the first time in years without worry of our record winning run ending.

Total domestic unbeaten run
    P133 W117 D16 L0

Champions League Q/F 2nd Leg
    Aberdeen 1-1 PSG

Agg PSG 5-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 psg 2.png
Views: 960
Size:  640.8 KB

A solid performance makes me glad i played a strong side as we go out with pride loosing to that monster of a team

Aberdeen 0-0 Hibs
    Name:  4 hibs.png
Views: 957
Size:  653.3 KB

Two games in a row against Hibs that we failed to score

Aberdeen 1-1 Celtic
    Name:  5 celtic.png
Views: 960
Size:  653.8 KB

With 5 players trying to earn a spot for next season starting Celtic must have thought this was there best chance to beat us. Wrong!

Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 rangers.png
Views: 952
Size:  652.4 KB

So much for that smugness. Juan Prieto was expected to be starting at CB next season but i'll have a long think about this after his red card led to this defeat against the team i really never want to loose too

Scottish Cup S/F
    Dundee 1-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  7 dundee.png
Views: 950
Size:  651.8 KB

I was not willing to risk the kids in a cup semi final so played my strongest team and they got a standard performance even with Klein out injured. Celtic await in another final.

Hearts 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  8 hearts.png
Views: 955
Size:  654.1 KB

Back to a youthful side and De Preville making what could be his final appearances for the dons got a goal

Partick 2-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  9 partick.png
Views: 940
Size:  651.4 KB

Final game of the season, Should the champions be at home? West coast biased they may be but the SFA cant stop us putting in a 6 goal thriller to celebrate the end of the league season.

SPFL Table
    Name:  league.png
Views: 946
Size:  942.2 KB

Our dire end to the season seen us end shot of 100 points but youth got to play so im not too upset by this. Celtic also finished poorly. Hibs almost caught them finishing 1 point behind Celtic while Rangers, Hearts, Partick & Hamilton were all on there own clear of any other teams. Raith, Falkirk and Dundee did enough to stay out of trouble while a late burst could not keep Inverness from the playoffs while Motherwell got 3 points from 1 win in 2022 they lost ever other game

4. Scottish Cup Final 2022

Name:  sco cup logo.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  10.0 KB

Aberdeen vs Celtic

Name:  aberdeen logo.png
Views: 826
Size:  8.5 KB Name:  celtic logo.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  7.5 KB

Line ups
    Name:  formations.png
Views: 828
Size:  390.4 KB

Celtic have Marco Reus! Wow funny how they almost lost 2nd spot with him

Aberdeen 1-0 Celtic
    Name:  result.png
Views: 833
Size:  625.6 KB

Celtic must be taking tips from Klippybo as they injured Lozano while the score was 0-0 and to add insult or should i say injury to injury they broke keeper Ali Msakni's finger with 5 minutes left and no subs left we just had to survive and not let Celtic shoot.

2Girls1Schlupp likes this.

5. End of Season 2021/22

Scotland

Name:  league.png
Views: 786
Size:  942.2 KB

A 4th title in a row but this year it was done with less goals and less points after we finally lost a game and played a back up team regularly over the last 10 games maybe harming our legacy but at the same time answered lots of questions going forward about who were going to loan to sell and who were going to ride into the future with. Sadly the unbeaten run is over and it feels like a huge chapter in the save has come to a end. Brexit and odds of reality with Hibs also improving makes that kind of run unlikly but we still have 3 major records to beat. Hearts 132 goals in a season, Celtics 103 points total and Celtics 25 games won in a row streak. I guess we need to make a 4th record. We need to remove Celtic's 9-0 win against Aberdeen from the list as its our one real mark of shame on the all time records page. Celtic had a pretty impressive season with a 79 point haul but only just beat Hibs who i really hope can hold onto there best players as they look set to push Celtic for 2nd as it stands. Rangers might also be in this hunt under new management while Hearts lost all there games after the league broke in half. They simple dont have the squad that the rest of the top 5 have. Partick led the bottom half race for 6th spot. Hamilton had a great first season back in the top flight in 7th and along with Raith, Falkirk & Dundee were never in danger of relegation. Unlike Inverness and Motherwell. They were the worst two sides in the league by a long way and Motherwell look like they need years to improve after a distant 12th place finish. Dundee Utd FINALLY return to the SPL winning the league very comfortably. Morton won the play-offs and are back in the SPL. while way down at the bottom of League 2 Vale of Leithen are relegated go right back to non league football loosing to Montrose returning after 2 years away.

Name:  table plaayoff.png
Views: 784
Size:  794.7 KB

David Marshall retires
    Name:  marshall retires.png
Views: 783
Size:  261.1 KB

New Stadium
    Name:  NEW STADIUM.png
Views: 784
Size:  329.4 KB

Aberdeen have announced plans to build a new stadium. No further details just yet but we'll update you when we have more info. I never requested this as i really wanted to hold on as long as possible to try get the stadium named after me haha

Big League review
    Name:  big leagues.png
Views: 782
Size:  974.1 KB

Barcelona amazingly in there 1st title in this save a point clear of Real Madrid and 4 clear of Athletic all getting hue point totals. Sevilla won the tie breaker with Villarreal to get a champions league spot
    Arsenal did the traditional recovery from a terrible season to win the league next time around. Man City went on a great run but fell just short of the title.
    Bayern Munich as tradition dictates won the league from Dortmund and Leverkusen, Lewandowski is still winning golden boots
    Monaco won the title for a 3rd season in a row. this league is a utter joke however. If you take away the PSG vs Monaco games there season reads

Moanco P36 w35 D1 L0
    PSG P36 W32 D2 L2

Aberdeen 2021/22
    Name:  dons squad.png
Views: 781
Size:  900.1 KB

New additions Axel Hock & Thierry Richard both proved to be class players that took us to the next level. Borja Garcia forced his way back into the starting 11. There was an idea of selling Ben Gibson and putting Prieto in as a starting CB but the stats dont lie and Gibson will stay, if he signs a new deal. Roca took Ryan Jacks role as the disappointment of the season but Adam Smith's failure to step and and replace him makes it even more frustrating

Aberdeen Fans player awards
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  Awards Fans awards.png
Size:  293.1 KB

He also won young player of the year award. Not bad for a 24 year old!

Aberdeen Finances
    Final Balance £60,2m = +£20.5m
    After making a loss last season getting through the Champions League group and tidying up the finances and sorting out the depth promoting the youth.

Other Competitions

Champions League
    Barcelona 0-3 PSG
    Name:  CL tree.png
Views: 788
Size:  829.3 KB

The French champions destroyed Barcelona as if they were, well Aberdeen!

Europa League
    Schalke 0-2 Leicester
    Name:  Europa League.png
Size:  824.3 KB

How the world could have been if they had built on there title winning season and kept king Claudio who retired after winning the Europa League.

Scottish Teams in Europe
    Aberdeen - Champions League Q/F
    Rangers - Europa League Group Phase
    Celtic - Europa League Play-Off
    Falkirk - Europa League Play-Off
    Hibs - Europa League Play Off

European Rankings
    Name:  league rankings.png
Views: 774
Size:  956.0 KB

Aberdeen move up 6 spots with a Q/F run in the champions league. Celtic & Rangers in the top 100 despite neither having a stand out European run.

We Also cracked the top 50 richest clubs in the world, coming in 50th

Awards

SPL Player of the year
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  Awards player of the year.png
Views: 792
Size:  921.6 KB

The two top scorer's fought over the golden boot and the Player of the year award, just like the old days

SPL Young Player of the year
    Ross Macauley
    Name:  Awards young player of the year.png
Views: 787
Size:  881.0 KB

4th season in a row a Aberdeen player takes this award home. Will be hard for him to break into the front 3

SPL Top Scorer
    Matthias Klein - 31 goals
    Name:  Awards top scorer.png
Views: 813
Size:  937.0 KB

Scottish team of the year
    Name:  Awards team of the year.png
Views: 772
Size:  786.4 KB

7 player from Aberdeen, 3 from Celtic and for some reason Hibs 3rd best Midfielder.

KLIPPYBO and ninjaskill like this.

6. I'm legit mad we made Europe. We've got a 100% win record at home we're probably gonna lose now lol
    stonecold likes this.

7. Aberdeen dreams

Name:  aberdeen winners.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  96.9 KB

This picture came up on my facebook feed from 4 years ago today that i won the champions league with Aberdeen. Obviously the desire to repeat this is what brought me back to this save and as my available time for FM has been cut back recently this reminder is just to let you all know we are far from done with this save!

Sam91 likes this.

8. Pre Season 2022/23

The squad diet of 2022 was a success as we sold off several former u20 players and recycled in a few more We didnt make a single signing for the first team with EU ban putting any plans of a huge u19 intake to rest

Manager Changes
    Pepe Guardiola - Spain
    Michael Laudrup - France
    Guille Barros Schelotto - Argentina
    Renat Gaucho - Brazil
    Stefano Pioli - Italy
    Eugenio Corini - Leicester
    Andre- Pierre Gignac - SC Bastia
    Roberto Mancini - Arsenal
    Hector Cuper - Boca
    Antonio Conte - Juventus
    Faith Terim - B Mönchengladbach

Busy as always after a major tournament

Season Targets
    SPL - Winners
    Scottish Cup - Win
    League Cup - Win
    Champions League - Last 16

We've cut back our squad numbers and kept wage rises to a minimum with only scouting seeing a hike in investment due too the trouble we have getting youngsters into from abroad.

Pre season friendly's
    Name:  frendls.png
Views: 649
Size:  1,006.7 KB

The first test of a squad is in pre season and by winning every game convincingly for the first time makes me think this could be our best season!

Pre Season Prices
    Name:  pre season odds.png
Views: 641
Size:  974.7 KB

Even money for the Dons. Note the dream 11 is all Dons. After us its Celtic just ahead of big spending Rangers with Hibs right on there tails and hearts with work to do to join the race. Dundee & Falkirk are fancied over last years top 6 team Partick the bottom 4 are expected to fight over the relegation spots

Aberdeen Transfers
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-3.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-4.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-5.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-6.png
    First of all nobody joins the first team squad so we should be settled right off the bat. after spending £6.5m on u20's

Out
    Many of the back ups and beyond were sold off this summer The top 3 players i sold hardly played 70 games between the lot of them. Lars Skutelis was as good as Klein and one of the three main forwards, including Joe Smith had to be sold this summer and Lars was first to request a move which he got to Liverpool. Will gain them a lot more than the £15m he brought to us. Next up is the almost man Daniel Khumalo who looked like a superstar when he signed a few years back but never broke into my top 4 midfielder and moves on without making an appearance. Tom Stephen's bid from Norwich was almost thrown away without a thought till i noticed he's not improved at all in recent times so £4m for a player hardly good enough to be a back up is goo business. Per Hoem was never getting a break from the u20's so again cash for a player that was never going to get a chance is nice. There was long term plans for Peter Kocis & Abe Amiri but both wanted to join bigger teams and they did with decent percentages of there next fee's going to me. Final player leaving was Nicholas De Preville. I kind of did the dirty on him last summer signing him to a 2 year deal just to get a better return selling him now than letting him go for free. Only got £1m but he played a huge roll in our upgrade from title challengers to the best team in the country.

Nicholas De Preville
    Name:  nico de prev.png
Views: 642
Size:  928.3 KB

Played 154 Scored 55 Assists 55

World Transfers
    Name:  world ttransfers june.png
Views: 640
Size:  937.7 KB

June was a great month for English teams making deals. Man Utd got £66m for Martial as the two French sides make the biggest deals and Reece Oxford moves up to Leicester

Name:  world ttransfers july.png
Views: 636
Size:  938.0 KB

July seen PSG for once loose a player as the best striker in the game perhaps Paulo Dybala joins Man City for £92m, a £14m loss for PSG as he reaches his peak playing age. Man City kept the spending going with Raphael Varane joining from Real Madrid who themselves paid £40m for Porto's long time captain Ruben Neves

SPL Transfers
    Name:  spl transfers.png
Views: 630
Size:  937.1 KB

Rangers and Celtic both interfere with the usual Aberdeen monopoly at the top. Rangers found £8m from somewhere to spend on championship striker Partick Bamford while Celtic sign German wonderkid Simon Gloger & Hungry's no1 prospect Tibor Molnar. The hoops also signed long time nemesis Jason Cummings from Hibs for £2m and in the most socking Scottish transfer in over 30 years they pick up Barrie McKay on a free from Rangers. Hibs add a host of former number of U21 stars and Joao Teixeira while Hearts sign up a pile of Rangers frindge players.

Squad
    Name:  dons squad.png
Views: 638
Size:  916.9 KB

No change from the squad that ended last season. Gibson & Roca are the players with there spots in danger from Preito & Adam Smith who only miss out from there stats last year despite the coach suggesting there ready to start in there place

Youth team
    Name:  dons squad u20.png
Views: 638
Size:  916.5 KB

Each position need more depth and a better player, except the AMR where i have the best u20 prospects in the history at the club. typically there in the same position and the same age.

Starting 11
    Name:  starting 11.png
Views: 624
Size:  761.9 KB

As i said above no changes to the usual starting 11 that ended last year but i will be looking to give some of the back up players a chance to win the spots before the season is out.

9. August

We're going out to beat all the SPL records we can. We make a great start on the goals aspect for one & Klien is back to the form of 2 years ago

Fixtures

Hamilton 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 hamy.png
Views: 558
Size:  647.9 KB

Klein scored all 3 in a perfect start to the season

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
    Aberdeen 4-0 Hamilton
    Name:  2 hamy.png
Views: 567
Size:  654.0 KB

Aberdeen 9-0 Partick
    Name:  3 partick.png
Views: 559
Size:  654.2 KB

Urgh we were soooo close to removing the Celtic defeat from the records

Dundee Utd 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 dundee utd.png

The first New Firm derby in the save. How it took 6 years is beyond me but United are here at last. hopefully they can save.

Hearts 1-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 hearts.png
Views: 565
Size:  655.0 KB

Took Klein almost the full game to score a goal lucky we already had 4 by then.

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL table.png
Views: 574
Size:  991.1 KB

Perfect start as ourselves & Hibs are perfect with Celtic, Morton & Rangers also making great starts. For the other records in the goals 20 goals down 113 to go.

Champions League Draw
Views: 559
Size:  868.0 KB

Not a group of death but still hard to see a way past the best The best Spanish side during the save or Arsenal the English championships

August Transfer Window

Aberdeen
    All we did was loan out a handful of back up players needing experience.

World Transfers
    Name:  World Transfers.png
Size:  937.3 KB

Bruma for nearly £50m!!! Jeez the best player transfered was Javier Arrondo to oh shock PSG. Former Don Fernando Rey moves to Bilbao.

SPL Transfers
    Name:  SPL transfers.png
Views: 562
Size:  938.2 KB

Rangers sell a center back to sign a old Don Emir Dilaver. Another former player Craig Storie moves to Raith. Dundee Utd & Hearts were the busiest teams loaning players from England

10. McKay to Celtic is horrid!!! hopefully you can get a decent run in the champions league this season! you were right about the 3rd season syndrome I finally won the league (& treble) with Rangers, after a huge clear out the 3rd season was the one where it all changed!
    stonecold likes this.

11. Scotland
    September Fixtures

Squad
    Name:  squad.png
Views: 813
Size:  950.8 KB

Huge changes to the squad as the bulk of the players cleared there 30's. after missing the world cup its time to redesign, rebuild & reclaim

Martin Neil, Graham McCann, Jack Connolly, Jason Cummings & Robby McCrorie get a shot at there first caps while half English players Rob Cooper, Glenn Middleton and my own Ross Douglas chose wisely and joined our youth revolution.

Euro League Div A Match 1
    Spain 2-0 Scotland
    Name:  1 spain.png
Views: 808
Size:  669.5 KB

We gave Spain a match which is more than i could have expected

Euro League Div A Match 2
    Scotland 2-2 Italy
    Name:  2 Italy.png
Views: 796
Size:  653.4 KB

A very young Scotland took on a Italian side in there prime and it helps we were back at home and got a huge result that gives us a shot at avoiding bottom spot.

Table
    Name:  table.png
Views: 802
Size:  826.3 KB

Anything but bottom spot would be a miracle.

PatrickLFC likes this.

12. September

Started out with a slow goaless draw at home to Celtic & a defeat to Atletico Madrid but beat Rangers twice and got 3 points in our Champions League group

Fixtures

Aberdeen 0-0 Celtic
    Name:  1 celtic.png
Views: 781
Size:  654.9 KB

One of the poorest clashes with our long term rivals. There defense was solid as a rock

Champions League Match 1
    At Madrid 3-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 at madrid.png
Size:  649.2 KB

Klein gave us a shock lead and it all went downhill from there. Ze Gomes, the Benfica youngster at the start of the save showed why he's one of the main men in La Liga by scoring all 3 goals. No question who the better striker is i guess!

Aberdeen 2-0 Morton
    Name:  3 morton.png
Views: 773
Size:  653.8 KB

Betfred Cup Q/F
    Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 rangers.png
Views: 759
Size:  653.2 KB

After only getting a draw with Celtic this was not only a must win game but as its the cup its even more worrying when Rangers took the lead from there star player Patrick Bamford. We replied within a minute and a Klein double made sure our 100% League cup run goes on.

Semi Final will see us play Hibs
    Name:  CUP qf.png
Views: 768
Size:  917.8 KB

Aberdeen 3-1 Dundee
    Name:  5 dundee.png
Views: 770
Size:  650.3 KB

Champions League Match 2
    Aberdeen 3-0 Viktoria Plzen
    Name:  6 viktoria.png
Views: 765
Size:  657.8 KB

A vital result and it should be enough to secure at the worst Europa League football in 2023

Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers
    Name:  7 Rangers.png
Views: 757
Size:  658.7 KB

We almost had a back to back goaless draw with the Old Firm until the unlikly source of Adam Smith struck the only goal of the game. Axel Hock's red card mean's it will be 29 days till he's back in SPL action

SPFL Table
    Name:  spl.png
Views: 762
Size:  932.1 KB

Celtic & Rangers have abysmal months letting Hibs move clear in 2nd with Partick Thistle up to 3rd. Raith have been the stand out worst team so far with only 1 point from 24

Champions League
    Name:  CL.png
Views: 749
Size:  857.0 KB

The roads open for Atletico Madrid having beaten us and then Arsenal at the Emirates there 3 points clear with a double header with Viktoria Plzen up next. We Play Arsenal for what already looks like 2nd spot.

PatrickLFC likes this.

13. Scotland
    October Fixtures

Squad
    Name:  Squad.png
Views: 722
Size:  910.5 KB

Little Change from the team that played the last 2 games. Griffiths just missed out. He vs Cummings is my main debate till young Jack Connollys good enough.

Friendly
    Scotland 0-1 France
    Name:  1 fra.png
Views: 723
Size:  653.1 KB

Best team won but a experimental Scotland team did themselves proud

Europa League Div A Match 4
    Italy 4-1 Scotland
    Name:  2ita.png
Views: 730
Size:  657.6 KB

Jeez we peaked at the wrong time. The old squad wouldnt have been rolled over like this 2 years ago but we are a million miles from that team ATM.

Table
Views: 711
Size:  822.7 KB

If we can beat Spain by more than 2 goals we would stay in Division A. Anything else and were down. Wot hold out much hope since we only have 1 win from our 4 games in 2022 and that was against South Africa.

PatrickLFC likes this.

14. Gauld

What has happened to Ryan Gauld? Picked him up on my Celtic save for less than 500k.

15. What's Robbie McCrorrie like on this save? on FM16 he always developed really well

16. Quote Originally Posted by ratmsm1 View Post
    What's Robbie McCrorrie like on this save? on FM16 he always developed really well

Name:  mcccrorie.png
Views: 625
Size:  943.2 KB

Name:  22.png
Views: 617
Size:  903.8 KB

Wouldnt say he's turned out great. Him and Scott Bain are quite close for Scotland no1 but McCrorie got the nod

Quote Originally Posted by westyjnr93 View Post
    What has happened to Ryan Gauld? Picked him up on my Celtic save for less than 500k.
    Name:  gauld.png
Views: 618
Size:  995.5 KB

Great buy for that money. Worst case scenario is you'll make a good profit from him

Gauld's just fallen down the depth charts. These 20 years olds that are bursting onto the scene are already as good as him and are better at tackling which i need in the middle. Still he is the next man up from the national pool

17. October

A miracle result in Europe but our longest record comes to a end after 6 years

Fixtures

Falkirk 2-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 falkrik.png
Views: 630
Size:  656.3 KB

The bairns took the lead but we fought back to win easily

Champions League Match 3
    Aberdeen 4-1 Arsenal
    Name:  2 arsenal.png
Views: 632
Size:  654.6 KB

Hard to think of a better performance from my team. We dominated the English champions before taking our foot off the gas at the end. Huge result in our rush for a Last 16 spot

Betfred Cup Semi Final
    Hibs 0-0 Aberdeen
    Hibs win 4-2 on pens
    Name:  3 hibs.png
Size:  656.3 KB

So it had to happen and it appears only Penaltys can end our hold on the League cup trophy. Hibs were outplayed but showed why there the second best team in the League just now by forcing penaltys and getting a result

Current League Cup Record
    Played 27
    Won 26
    League Cup Trophy's 6 in a row, but not 7

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 hibs league 2-0.png
Views: 626
Size:  656.1 KB

No Way i was leaving Easter road with less than 3 points after the cup robbery

Aberdeen 6-0 Raith
    Name:  5 raith.png
Views: 614
Size:  654.4 KB

SPFL Table
Size:  1,005.4 KB

Perfect set of results in the league has us 11 points clear and on target for record points & goals but we've been here before. Amazing battle for 2nd with the 4 big teams from Glasgow & Edinburgh tied on 20 points with Partick & Morton not far behind. Raith close the gap to 11th but still have yet to win a match.

Champions League Table
Views: 622
Size:  858.9 KB

Next month starts with a trip to London for a huge match that could decide 2nd spot and see Atletico confirm a last 16 spot.

PatrickLFC likes this.

18. Scotland
    November Fixtures

Friendly
    Qatar 1-5 Scotland
    Name:  1 quatar.png
Views: 578
Size:  652.1 KB

We really needed a moral boosting win to try and turn the squad around

European League Div A Match 4
    Scotland 0-0 Spain
    Name:  2 spain.png
Views: 570
Size:  644.1 KB

A good result on the face of it but it secures a bottom place finish for us and a return to Div B where we really belong

Friendly
    Scotland 3-1 Egypt
    Name:  3 egypt.png
Size:  655.7 KB

Much like the Qatar match we need to get our World ranking as well as our nations moral boosted with the Euro 2024 qualifiers just round the corner and we fought back well from being a goal down at half time to end the year with 2 wins and a draw with Spain.

Final Table
    Says it all really. Looking forward to playing the bums in the Euro qualifiers again

Last edited by stonecold; 08/03/2017 at 07:37 PM.

19. November

First league defeat of the season at Parkhead but Amazing results in the Champions League

Fixtures

Champions League Match 4
    Arsenal 0-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 arsenal.png
Views: 503
Size:  649.9 KB

We were once again the better side but neither team scored and the result works for us.

Aberdeen 6-0 Hamilton
    Name:  2 hamilton.png
Views: 499
Size:  647.0 KB

Aberdeen 4-0 Dundee Utd
    Name:  3 dundee utd.png
Views: 498
Size:  650.2 KB

Champions League Match 5
    Aberdeen 2-1 Atletico Madrid
    Name:  4 atletico mad.png
Views: 496
Size:  647.7 KB

Another miracle night at Pittodrie. To be fair we were the better team that deserved our lead on the 54th minute. However less than a minute later they were level again. With 20 minutes to go we got a corner and from that eventually Roca got on the end of Martin Neils cross to win the game. By winning it i mean we then hung on till the end to secure a spot in the last 16. With a game to spare

Partick 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 partick.png
Views: 493
Size:  654.3 KB

Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 Celtic.png
Views: 497

What a disgusting day. Hibs lift the League cup, MY LEAGUE CUP. Then to top it off we dominated Celtic at Parkhead but they struck the only goal of the game from a hardly recognisable back up player Eirik Hestad. Despite giving us 30 minutes to get back into the game we failed so no unbeaten season. We can now drop no more than 7 points to beat Celtic's record points total so in short more that 2 defeats and 1 draw then we wont do it.

SPFL Table
Views: 498
Size:  932.6 KB

Celtic's win at the end of the month closed the gap at the top too 11 points but with Champions league duty coming to a end this is the time to stretch our legs.

Champions League
    Name:  CL table.png
Views: 501
Size:  852.3 KB

A great month as we overcome the gooners to make the last 16. We would need Arsenal to beat Atletico for us to win the group and i really dont fancy there chances. Combine that with our game against Viktoria Plzen means we'll play our back ups and home its enough to win and Arsenal do us a mega favor

ninjaskill and PatrickLFC like this.

20. Friendly
    Aberdeen 3-1 Egypt

^^ you sure ?

Great result in Europe! a small result for Arsenal and you will be topping the group! is there a benefit to that though ?
    stonecold likes this.

21. Quote Originally Posted by 2Girls1Schlupp View Post
    Friendly
    Aberdeen 3-1 Egypt

^^ you sure ?

Great result in Europe! a small result for Arsenal and you will be topping the group! is there a benefit to that though ?

All depends on the group winners. Only time will tell

22. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post

October

A miracle result in Europe but our longest record comes to a end after 6 years

Fixtures

Falkirk 2-4 Aberdeen
    Attachment 1107014
    The bairns took the lead but we fought back to win easily

Champions League Match 3
    Aberdeen 4-1 Arsenal
    Attachment 1107016
    Hard to think of a better performance from my team. We dominated the English champions before taking our foot off the gas at the end. Huge result in our rush for a Last 16 spot

Betfred Cup Semi Final
    Hibs 0-0 Aberdeen
    Hibs win 4-2 on pens
    Attachment 1107017
    So it had to happen and it appears only Penaltys can end our hold on the League cup trophy. Hibs were outplayed but showed why there the second best team in the League just now by forcing penaltys and getting a result

Current League Cup Record
    Played 27
    Won 26
    League Cup Trophy's 6 in a row, but not 7

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
    Attachment 1107018
    No Way i was leaving Easter road with less than 3 points after the cup robbery

Aberdeen 6-0 Raith
    Attachment 1107019

SPFL Table
    Attachment 1107020
    Perfect set of results in the league has us 11 points clear and on target for record points & goals but we've been here before. Amazing battle for 2nd with the 4 big teams from Glasgow & Edinburgh tied on 20 points with Partick & Morton not far behind. Raith close the gap to 11th but still have yet to win a match.

Champions League Table
    Attachment 1107021
    Next month starts with a trip to London for a huge match that could decide 2nd spot and see Atletico confirm a last 16 spot.

Arsenal Fan TV would of been good to watch after the win in the champions league..... Good result
    stonecold likes this.

23. December

Our first perfect month since the start of the season seen us beat Rangers, Hibs and Hearts with a aggregate score of 14-1 but abysmal luck our Champions League draw may see us loose lots of players in the summer with players demanding a winners medal of they will leave.

Hamilton made Martin Canning the first managerial casualty of the year ending his second spell at the club after hardly a year.

Fixtures

Aberdeen 5-0 Hearts
    Name:  1 hearts.png
Views: 837
Size:  652.5 KB

All was well till Klein pulled a muscle over stretching for the ball and will miss most of the month

Champions League Match 6
    Viktoria Plzen 0-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 CL.png
Views: 843

Kids get a great result in the Czech Rep

Morton 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 morton.png
Views: 832
Size:  656.8 KB

Dundee 1-6 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 dundee.png
Views: 827
Size:  656.2 KB

Aberdeen 5-0 Falkirk
    Name:  5 falkirk.png
Views: 837

Rangers 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 rangers.png
Views: 816
Size:  656.7 KB

First of two very satisfying wins against the top 2 chasing teams

Raith 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  7 raith.png
Views: 815
Size:  654.6 KB

Aberdeen 6-1 Hibs
    Name:  8 hibs.png
Views: 818

Neil Lennon has become a utter prick since they beat us on Penaltys in the League Cup well if beating them at Easter road wasnt enough we shoved 6 past them. Never mind they could still have Garry O'Conner. He has a decent nose for goal.

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL.png
Views: 819
Size:  935.2 KB

All going perfectly in the League. The rest are falling over themselves except Celtic who are blowing out there arse since they beat us.

Champions League Final Group Table
Views: 825
Size:  854.5 KB

It was looking so good early on but Atletico rallied back to claim top spot

Last 16 Draw
    Name:  CL last 16.png
Views: 812
Size:  832.8 KB

I said we were unlucky now here's why. Going into the final 3 ties we could have drawn Benfica, Sporting Lisbon or Barcelona. The rest is history

Scotland Euro 2024 Draw
    Name:  Scotland group.png
Views: 804
Size:  848.4 KB

Something is far wrong if we dont get out of this group. Wales have Bale, Norway have Odengaard the rest are poop.

24. January

Quietest window so far for the Dons. I'm expecting lots of players to demand a move in the summer so keeping my hands on everyone for now

Fixtures

Hamilton 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 hamilton.png
Views: 648
Size:  644.8 KB

Scottish Cup 4th Round
    Aberdeen 1-1 Falkirk
    Name:  2 flakirk.png
Views: 644
Size:  646.0 KB

Not quite sure where we went wrong here. Played as strong a side as i could

Dundee Utd 1-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 Dundee Utd.png
Views: 650
Size:  649.2 KB

Aberdeen 6-1 Partick
    Name:  4 partkic.png
Size:  655.3 KB

Scottish Cup 4th Round replay
    Falkirk 1-1 Aberdeen AET
    Falkirk 3-0 On pens
    Name:  5 falkirk.png
Views: 643
Size:  634.9 KB

Amazingly we miss every Penalty and are out for the first time in 6 seasons we wont be lifting the Cup at the end of the season.

SPFL Table
Views: 645
Size:  990.7 KB

No sign of us slowing down in the League despite that cup disaster. Hibs and hears are ahead of the old firm, miles ahead of Celtic who could be looking for a new manager as we play them at Pittodrie next time out. Clear split between top 6 and bottom 6.

Transfer Window

World
    Name:  World transfers.png
Size:  932.2 KB

The richest teams in the world bolster there squads

SPL
Size:  990.7 KB

Rangers and Hibs sell & Exchange players we pick up a u20

Aberdeen
    Loukas Papadimitriou
    Name:  IN loukas.png
Size:  944.8 KB

Already has 7 caps so maybe something special joining our kids team

25. February

Fixtures

Aberdeen 5-1 Celtic
    Name:  1 celtic.png
Views: 612
Size:  650.7 KB

Our closest rivals through the save were demolished and Paul Hartleys time must be numbered

Hearts 2-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 hearts.png
Views: 602
Size:  654.2 KB

Derek McInnes trying to guide Hearts to the 2nd place he's used to with Aberdeen and going by this game they would be the 2nd best team in the League right now

Champions League Last 16 1st Leg
    Aberdeen 2-0 Barcelona
    Name:  3 barca.png
Views: 592
Size:  652.8 KB

A magical 1st half at Pittodrie where we dominated Barcelona. 2 goals in the first 20 minutes from Alan Granger then Joe Smith on his 1st game back from international duty seen us deservedly 2 goals clear at the break. Luis Enrique must have had some team talk at half time as "MSN" battered us in the second half but a inspired defensive performance led by Msakni in goals who seemed to be making saves when 1 on 1 every 5 minutes gives us a lead and kept out Barcelona's chances of a away goal

Aberdeen 0-0 Dundee
Views: 591
Size:  645.2 KB

Dundee's clean sheet was as much of a miracle as ours against Barcelona

Aberdeen 3-1 Morton
    Name:  5 morton.png
Views: 588
Size:  652.0 KB

Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg
    Barcelona 3-0 Aberdeen AET
    Name:  6 Barcelona.png
Views: 589
Size:  647.6 KB

Suarez and Messi ran the game we played well and were unlucky that Klein had a off day in front of goal. How big the ramifications will be with players wanting to move? Only time will tell

SPFL Table
    Name:  Spl.png
Views: 592
Size:  935.1 KB

Champions League 16 Results
    Name:  CL last 16 draws.png
Views: 590
Size:  841.8 KB

26. your champions league run makes me want to cry !!! Can't believe you have had the luck you have. I got to the semi with Rangers since you told me 3 seasons the next season was my year but I lost to PSG, Your team are killing it in the league though.
    stonecold likes this.

27. Unlucky in the CL, and gutted to see the cup run come to an end!
    stonecold likes this.

28. The cup result was so unexpected even with a few players getting rested. Wish i had been paying more attention at the time but no excuses there. So many of the players were wanting to win the Champions League that i'm expecting a pile of Transfer requests to come from my star players and we might have to rebuild so we MUST break the goalscoring & points records this season
    2Girls1Schlupp likes this.

29. SPL Pre Split

Another title is in the bag so now its all about the points and goals record with the win record already out of reach after last months draw with Dundee
    Gary Locke is the latest Dundee manager to gall short of Paul Hartley's standards, 3rd to be sacked in under 3 seasons

Fixtures

Falkirk 0-6 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 Falkirk.png
Views: 438
Size:  630.1 KB

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
    Name:  2 Rangers.png
Views: 442
Size:  656.8 KB

Klein got 4 goals in 2 games before getting injured playing for Austraila. Will he ever pull on a Dons shirt again?

Hibs 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 Hibs.png
Views: 438
Size:  657.9 KB

The usual maker of goals turned scorer as Macauley got the only goal after 4 minutes

Aberdeen 3-0 Raith
    Name:  4 Raith.png
Views: 436
Size:  658.3 KB

SPFL Table
Views: 433
Size:  844.1 KB

We won the league a few matches back for the 5th season in a row. The rest of the top 5 have been running in the same formation for a while but have moved almost 20 points clear of 7th. Dundee Utd & Hamilton look set to fight over bottom spot if not for there 5 point deficit they also have much worst goal difference, Dundee & Raith are the only teams in danger of being dragged into the fight.

For the Records
    We need 11 points from 15 to equal the points record so really 4 wins from 5. More simple perhaps task in front of goal where we need to score 16 goals against the next best 5 teams in the league. One final major record thats out of our reach is Rangers 35 wins in a season. Best we can do is match that.

Other records that could fall is Klein's league record average rating despite scoring far less goals himself than 2 seasons ago, Hock and Macauley are in a fight to take the record assist with Macauley already tied Nicolas De Preville's 16 and Hock 1 behind. With a new contract in the bag Ali Msakni need 4 more clean sheets to take Sam Johnstone's record of 23.

ninjaskill and neavie pops23 like this.

30. Would love to see your tactic and instructions if possible. So impressive for so long. Love following your thread.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Taylorboy77 View Post
    Would love to see your tactic and instructions if possible. So impressive for so long. Love following your thread.
    Tactic's are on every season opening post and instructions are underneath. Remember however these change game by game

Instructions

32. Scotland
    March Fixtures

European Championships Qualifier Match
    Norway 1-0 Scotland
    Name:  1 norway.png
Views: 742
Size:  619.9 KB

An abysmal result but a new look squad will take time to settle in. Worst of all its a player i picked up on a free in my 2nd season that got the goal for Norway that also featured former Dons Markus Henriksen & Alexander Ronningen

Scotland 5-2 Finland
    Name:  2 Finland.png
Views: 755
Size:  661.2 KB

A better result but still a minging performance. This group may not be as easy as i thought as we fall out of the top 30 in the world.

Table
    Name:  Table.png
Views: 746
Size:  847.5 KB

Norway make a stonking start after beating us they humped Wales and beating them at Hampden is now a must.

PatrickLFC likes this.

33. End of season

We win our 5 final games and achieve 3 of the 5 records that were in sight going into the split

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Hearts
Views: 735
Size:  654.5 KB

Celtic 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 celtic.png
Views: 742
Size:  655.9 KB

Rangers 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 rangers.png
Views: 727
Size:  653.6 KB

Aberdeen 3-1 Partick
    Name:  4 Partick.png
Views: 716

Record points is achieved but we came so close to bagging two records. We were 3 goals clear within 30 minutes and i deccided to go more attacking, remembering the 9 we put past them at the start of the season but sadly all it led to was opening the back door and Msaki conceded his 1st goal since February. Up to Hibs now to defend there keepers clean sheet record

Hibs 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 hibs.png
Views: 715
Size:  654.1 KB

77 minutes we kept the back door shut and it could only be one man. Scotland's future and one of only 2 SPL starting players i've been tempted to buy Jack Connolly ended Msakni's clean sheet record dream. After that we piled forward looking for the 3 goals that would overtake Hearts 132 season goal record but no goals followed so both capital teams keep there records for another year at least.

SPFL Table
    Name:  final table.png
Views: 715
Size:  843.8 KB

Name:  player stats.png
Views: 718
Size:  950.4 KB

Our title was never in doubt and we've talked about us enough. The big story in Hibs and Hearts overtaking the Old firm and Hibs nabbing a spot in the Champions League. Celtic will need to win next weeks Scottish Cup final to have a place in next years Europa League. At the other end Hamilton lost every game after the split and ended up last. Dundee Utd couldnt play themselves out of trouble and have a play off with Forfar to stay up.

Records Achieved

Record points 107
    How Celtic ever got 102 is beyond me

Ave rating record
    Mattias Klein 8.17
    Name:  klein record.png
Views: 704
Size:  964.8 KB

Name:  klein record.png
Views: 704
Size:  964.8 KB

Record League assists

Ross Macauley 20
    Name:  mac assist record.png
Views: 699
Size:  186.8 KB

Records failed
    Goals in a season 130, two short of Hearts all time best 132

Clean sheet record
    Tied at 23

PatrickLFC and 2Girls1Schlupp like this.

34. Scotland
    June Fixtures

Squad
Views: 629
Size:  911.4 KB

Scott Bain suddenly retired at 31 years old so i need a new no3 keeper

Friendly
    Scotland 0-2 South Africa
    Name:  1 safrica.png
Views: 635
Size:  659.1 KB

Wrong time to use the assistant manager

Wales 0-3 Scotland
    Name:  2 Wales.png
Views: 628
Size:  663.7 KB

Our old striker Griffiths & future striker Jack Connolly both got on the scoresheet but wow the Welsh are in a mess. With Bale now retired from internationals there new great hope Rob Saunders has not quite clicked yet as there group position will tell you.

Table
    Name:  group.png
Size:  842.3 KB

As suspected it looks like its going to come down to the Norway game in September.

35. End of Season 2022/23

Scotland
    Name:  final table.png
Size:  843.8 KB

As long as it took with work and my join save with Klippybo this was one of my favorite season. We had high targets Achieved record points & set our highest goals scoring mark at 130. We came so close to a few others too. The only sad thing is that it really feels like this is the end of my 2nd and most successful cycle of players. Klein, Grangier & a few others are unhappy and wanting to move to bigger teams so we'll see how many players come back next year.

League goals still on the to do list
    Celtic's 25 games won in a row
    Hearts 132 goals
    Rangers league record 35 wins
    Biggest League Win Celtic 9-0 Aberdeen
    Clean sheets in a row 8 Hibs
    Clean sheets in a season 23 Sam Johnstone

After Aberdeen it was Hibs and Hearts sneaking ahead of Rangers while Celtic fumbled on behind. Paul Hartley may need the Scottish cup to keep his job as well as Celtic in Europe. Partick are emerging as the 6th force in the league. Only the league split makes the gap look respectable. Dundee & Falkirk will need good summers to get ahead of Morton, who are likly to spend again and catch Partick. Raith to there credit are still hanging on in there as the smallest team in the league while Dundee Utd really needed a few years to rebuild after half a decade in the lower leagues go right back to the championship amazingly loosing to Forfar who take over from Raith as the smallest team in the SPL. Hamilton go down and were dire in doing so and will be replaced with another team that's spent many years away Kilmarnock.

Name:  SPL playoff.png
Views: 616
Size:  795.2 KB

Montrose & Vale of Leithen featured in the playoff again with Montrose winning for the second year in a row on Penaltys. As we approach a decade in the save we still wait for a team to drop down or be promoted through multiple divisions except Forfar.

Name:  div 3 play off.png
Size:  801.4 KB

Big League review
    Name:  Big leagues.png
Size:  975.0 KB

One of those rare years i get all the league's before the playoffs
    The Premiership looked even worse than Leicester 1 team rush to the title in real life as Man City waltzed to the title, Pretty easy when you have Dybala scoring 30, Morata scoring 20 and De Bruyne adding 25 assists. Sunderland do some job to finish 8th
    Spain was the most exciting league this season with an amazing 3 way battle for the title won by Real Madrid on head to head record. Even closer was the fight for 4th. Three teams tied on 66 points with Valencia just 1 point back
    Leverkusen pushed Bayern all the way but in the end the usual suspects just managed to hold on. Big teams Stuttgart & Werder Bremen were relegated
    Then in France Monaco & PSG had less impressive seasons but no change in the order of the big 4.

Aberdeen 2022/23
    Name:  dons season stats.png
Views: 616
Size:  905.1 KB

Lozano settled into the league and had a classy 2nd season as Macauley developed immeasurably and took the AMR role as his own. Borja Garcia played all the big games and is still our best AMC. Frizzell has seemingly reached his limit and would still be a good back up at worst. Adam Smith was still our worst starting player but at 21 showed a huge step up in form from his first season. Klein's season was ruined by injury

Aberdeen Fans player awards
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  Fans player of the year.png
Size:  305.1 KB

I'm going to get slaughtered if i let him leave.

Aberdeen Finances
    Final Balance £72m = +£12m
    Name:  finanaces.png
Size:  765.5 KB

Champions League prize money is the key and as we are now built to reach the group stage, which is pretty much guarantee at the moment. Reaching the last 16 should guarantee us a profitable season but with a new stadium, of which there's been no word on in over a year we still have to watch them dolla's. Were the 46th richest team in the world.

Other Competitions

Champions League
    Barcelona 2-0 Tottenham
    Name:  CL tree.png
Views: 611
Size:  827.2 KB

How many more times are we going to loose to eventual champions before we get some luck in these draws.

Europa League
    Hoffenheim 1-0 Man Utd
    Name:  EL tree.png
Views: 608
Size:  819.7 KB

The Germans giant killed there way to the final and the biggest giant kill of them all

Scottish Teams in Europe
    Aberdeen - Champions League Last 16
    Rangers - Europa League Last 16
    Celtic - Europa League Group
    Hibs - Europa League Play Group
    Hearts - Europa League Play-Off

European Rankings
    Name:  aberdeen rankings.png
Size:  887.5 KB

Aberdeen move up a spot to 26th while Rangers are the first team apart from ourselves to get over 10,000 points in a season.

Awards

SPL Player of the year
    Hirving Lozano
    Name:  award player of the year.png
Views: 629
Size:  929.4 KB

Klein got the goals, Macauley got the assists but Lozano contributed plenty of both and deserved the award.

SPL Young Player of the year
    Alan Granger
    Name:  award young player.png
Views: 603
Size:  882.3 KB

3 seasons after he first won this award at 21 Granger has recently talked about a U-turn on deciding to leave and wants to talk about a new deal.

SPL Top Scorer
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  award top sorer.png
Views: 607
Size:  1,019.6 KB

First player to win this 5 years in a row

Scottish team of the year
    Name:  award team.png
Views: 601
Size:  292.4 KB

10/11 come from Pittodrie. If only Smith scored more goals in Klein's absence we could have had all 11

36. Pre Season 2022/23

Our worst summer so far. Players asking for moves, We loose our best youth prospect as well as a starting CB and a few back up players who were ready for the first team

Not all bad however Smith, Grangier, Msakni and Pajic all sign new deals meaning there is no players we must sell this summer and the next key player in a contract position is Matthias Klein in two summers time but obviously that will need delt with by this time next year.

Manager Changes
    Kiko Csilla - Villarreal
    Gerardo Martino - AS Nancy

Season Targets
    SPL - Winners & Break all key records
    Scottish Cup - Win
    League Cup - Win
    Champions League - Last 16

It feels like we've got a second shot at the records with this team. Will be a miracle if we can keep Klein so i take this as our last chance break records with him and god know how long it will be till we can bed in another lead striker.

Pre season friendly's
    Name:  pre season.png
Views: 578
Size:  972.0 KB

We drew with Bayern but won the other 10 games of a busy summer.

Pre Season Prices
    Name:  odds.png
Views: 573
Size:  969.5 KB

Celtic got a player into the dream 11 in Julio Torres while signing dutchman Terance Kongolo as well as the young Torres Other youngsters Jan Kiss & Kwon Yong-Chan as well as resigning Ryan Christie from Aberdeen. Hibs Ben Mcllroy rejected Aston Villa in the Premiership to the shock of everyone, They were also in the resigning buisness bringing Michael Devlin back from Rangers. Two loan players and Scotland international Ryan Fraser sum up a great summer, especially holding on to our star players. Rangers make a stand out signing in Ivorian wing back Cheick Diallo as well as the smart free signing of Man Utd youth player Simon Stephens and relegated Stuttgart defender David Kinsombi as well as a few depth players and Loans from the Premiership. Hearts as usual were the last to act swapping a few players with Rangers, picking up loans and free players late in July. Other major moves were Morton adding Matt Ritchie

Aberdeen Transfers
    Name:  aberdeen transfers.png
Views: 580
Size:  748.1 KB

This year we make the rare move to buy 2 players for the first team based on players we've lost

Ayoze Perez AT
    Name:  In perez.png
Views: 580
Size:  940.6 KB

With Joe Smith going down with a broken leg right after we had loaned our two top prospects and lost our 3rd choice striker forcing a move we really needed a 2nd choice striker. Ayoze is far from a perfect choice and at 30 years old he will have little resale value but depending on Smith's recovery i could get a good fee for Perez in January or next summer.

Joel Gomez DC
    Name:  in gomez.png
Views: 563
Size:  928.9 KB

This was perhaps the biggest stroke of luck i've had in the save so far. Juan Prieto demanded a move and was into the last 12 months of his contract he had to move on and we only managed to pick up £6m for him. In return we found a Barcelona train youth prospect that may already be the best defender in the SPL for how much you ask? £1.5m. Thanks

3 Youths also join
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-youth-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-3.png

Out
    We've already discussed Juan Prieto so onto the rest. Branislav Docic was my no 1 prospect but would not sign a new deal so we had to move him on. Steven Bergwijn was signed with nothing but good intention but due to circumstance every season this was going to be his chance this season but he wouldnt sign a new deal and we only ended up wit ha few million back for our wasted years on both sides. Youth prospects that didnt develop Tomas Hasek & John Duff moved on, Darren Randolph retired and half the back ups were loaned out

World Transfers

June
    Name:  world transfer 1.png
Size:  938.9 KB

June PSG spend £85m twice including buying the man that scored the winner in the Champions League final

July
    Name:  world transfer 2.png
Views: 571
Size:  939.0 KB

And now we see why as Man City broke the world record spending £150m for midfielder Kofi Afful. Scott Oliver Burke joined Dortmund for £20m

SPL Transfers
    Name:  SPL transfers.png
Views: 570
Size:  935.0 KB

Squad
    Name:  Aberdeen Squad.png
Views: 561
Size:  915.4 KB

Nikola Pajic will put Ross Macauley under pressure. Gomez replaces Prieto the rest is pretty much the same

Youth team
    Name:  Aberdeen youth Squad.png
Views: 573
Size:  909.0 KB

Starting 11
    Name:  Aberdeen starting 11.png
Views: 564
Size:  771.0 KB

37. 150m?? Can you post a screenshot of Kofi Afful?
    TheBattman likes this.

38. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    150m?? Can you post a screenshot of Kofi Afful?
    Not quite sure where they justified spending all that but here he goes

Name:  kofi 1.png
Views: 503
Size:  1,004.3 KB

Name:  kofi 2.png
Views: 508
Size:  887.1 KB
    PatrickLFC likes this.

39. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post

Attachment 1110006
    Attachment 1110007
    Not much bang for their buck with his natural postion

40. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post

Extraordinarily overpriced, I've definitely seen better than that haha

Hasn't even been a regular at his other clubs either!
    stonecold likes this.

41. You would imagine FC Nordsjaelland are absolutely kicking themselves given how much he went for one season later, my word I hope they included a sell on clause..
    stonecold likes this.

42. August

Axel Hock and Mattias Klein open contract talks. This could be massive for us if our two best players change there tune and sign on for 5 more seasons.

Fixtures

Dundee 1-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 dundee.png
Views: 805
Size:  650.4 KB

Terrible start as we throw the game away with 2 minutes to go, for the win record we can only drop points in 2 more games.

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
    Falkirk 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 dundee.png
Views: 811
Size:  657.9 KB

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
    Name:  3 rangers.png
Views: 804
Size:  658.4 KB

Aberdeen 5-0 Morton
    Name:  4 morton.png
Size:  654.7 KB

SPFL Table
Size:  993.3 KB

Celtic are perfect and lead us all. Rangers won both games away from Pittodrie. Forfar may have to enjoy this picture as there up in 11th

Champions League draw
Views: 807
Size:  866.2 KB

We are still only 3rd seeds hence why we have another tricky draw Louie Van Gal's Chelsea and the permanent German champions stand in our way of the last 16. Viktoria Plzen should secure a top 3 finish for us however.

August Transfers

World transfers
    Name:  August transfers.png
Views: 809
Size:  936.7 KB

SPL Transfers
    Name:  SPL Transfers.png
Views: 806
Size:  938.9 KB

Celtic make big moves as Paul Hartley trys to rebuild the Parkhead team.

Aberdeen
    Name:  IN aberdeen.png
Views: 797
Size:  942.7 KB

We sign a Serbian U18 to make up for the £5m sale of Pedro Amorim and we loan out Rakic again and Craig Hendrie who is too good for our u20s but not good enough to push the starting CB's

PatrickLFC likes this.

43. Scotland
    September Fixtures

Squad
Views: 721
Size:  921.3 KB

New starting keeper aside there are few changes. Sutherland has been really goot at Crystal Palace and just came out of the u21s. Connolly is now the no1 striker now that Griffiths is not starting for Celtic and is 33

Scotland 3-1 Kazakhstan
    Name:  1 kazackstan.png
Views: 720
Size:  624.2 KB

A goal down and a man down right after half time. Thank god for Oli Burke coming off the bench to regain the starting spot on the right wing

Scotland 2-0 Norway
    Name:  2 norway.png
Views: 721
Size:  656.9 KB

Its in our hands again after the most tense game i can remember in years. We took the lead just before half time through Adam Frizzell injurying a Norway defender along the way. Up till the 88th minute it was squeaky bum time We had plenty chances but FINALLY Oli Burke struck his 4th goal of the week to put us in pole position to win the group and reach Euro 2024

Table
    We and Norway have 3 games to play and now we hold the tie breaker head to head results so getting results is all that matters. We both have home games against Wales that could decide it as i'd expect we would both beat Kazakhstan & Finland

44. September

3 Of our main players sign new deals ensuring our long term future
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-hock-contrct.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-klein-contract.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-maauley-contract.png

Fixtures

Partick 1-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 Partick.png
Views: 695

Aberdeen 4-0 Hibs
    Name:  2 Hibs.png
Views: 691
Size:  653.5 KB

Champions League Match 1
    Aberdeen 2-2 Chelsea
    Name:  3 Chelsea.png
Views: 687
Size:  651.9 KB

Twice we led and twice we let Chelsea back into it. Shouldnt feel mad about a draw with Chelsea but finishing in the top 2 will probably mean beating Bayern once in our double header in October & November

Falkirk 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 Falkirk.png
Views: 687

Betfred Cup Q/F
    Aberdeen 3-0 Celtic
    Name:  5 Celtic.png
Views: 682
Size:  656.9 KB

Only 3 more like. We totally dominated them and even managed to miss a penalty along the way

Aberdeen 2-2 Celtic
    Name:  6 celtic league.png
Views: 685
Size:  653.4 KB

Then in the League it was a totally different story. Celtic had more than there share of chances and twice had the lead. A late Richard goal earned him man of the match but now we cant drop a single point in the league if we are to set a new record for Wins & points in a season.

SPFL Table
Views: 681
Size:  929.1 KB

Aberdeen lead the way but in a rare turn of events Celtic are right on our tail just 1 point behind and the chasing pack of Dundee, Rangers & Hearts only 3 points further back. Grim start for Partick at the other end. Forfar make a heroic start to the season.

Champions League
Views: 683
Size:  856.8 KB

A point gained or 2 lost> you choose but let us hope Viktoria Plzen's performance in Munich was a one off.

PatrickLFC likes this.

45. Scotland
    October Fixtures

Finland 0-4 Scotland
    Name:  1 Finland.png
Views: 663

Big win for us but while we were comfortably beating the land of the rally drivers Norway were getting hammered by Wales in Oslo to put us 1 win away from the Euro's

Friendly
    Scotland 3-1 Senegal
    Name:  2 Senegal.png
Views: 661
Size:  657.4 KB

A world Rankings boosting game for by week.

Table
    Name:  Table.png
Views: 654
Size:  917.6 KB

As above if we win in Wales or Kazakhstan we'll win the Group.

46. October

Fixtures

Champions League match 2
    Viktoria Plzen 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 v plzen.png
Views: 594
Size:  655.4 KB

Easiest win of the year

Aberdeen 3-0 Forfar
    Name:  2 forfar.png
Views: 582
Size:  655.8 KB

Raith 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 Raith.png
Views: 589
Size:  610.3 KB

Champions League match 3
    Aberdeen 1-1 Bayern
    Name:  4 Bayern.png
Views: 588
Size:  653.6 KB

All the action happens at either end of the match. Gerson gave Bayern the lead after 7 minutes only for Lozano to equalise right away. It went pretty quiet till stoppage time when both sides had a great chance each to win it but a point each was probably fair all be it not good enough for our top 2 ambitions.

League Cup Semi Final
    Hearts 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 hearts.png
Views: 584
Size:  657.0 KB

We lost on pens last year so im delighted to announce that FM have decided this was our 30th consecutive match unbeaten in the league cup. Was never in doubt after 2 early goals from Klein and a red card for Hearts Perry Kitchen all before Klien completed his hattrick.

Dundee await in the final
    Name:  League cup draw.png
Views: 586
Size:  816.6 KB

SPFL Table
Views: 579
Size:  930.9 KB

Early on, not even a quarter of the way through the season but Celtic look like there here to stay in a title fight. Dundee have come back into form after few dodgy managers & season while Partick have had a utter disaster of a season. No wins for a team that was a solid top 6 team the last 2 year, not had many changes to there squad and not lost any key players.

Champions League
Views: 581
Size:  851.0 KB

November will decide our fate with trips to Chelsea & Munich before they face off on the final game but a result from either of those games is vital then we'll need a favor in the final game.

PatrickLFC likes this.

47. This is Absolutely Incredible mate,

I've really struggled to get into Fm recently and this story has gave me some motivation to get back into a long term challenge/save when i'm off work next week.

Wanted to try Roma again or Ajax but the Scottish challenge does sound up my street too.

Would be amazing to turn Ajax into that European Giants once again.

Thanks for the story and long may it last.
    stonecold likes this.

48. Quote Originally Posted by OoscotsmanoO View Post
    This is Absolutely Incredible mate,

I've really struggled to get into Fm recently and this story has gave me some motivation to get back into a long term challenge/save when i'm off work next week.

Wanted to try Roma again or Ajax but the Scottish challenge does sound up my street too.

Would be amazing to turn Ajax into that European Giants once again.

Thanks for the story and long may it last.
    Ajax is the team i dream of starting a save with. They and Benfica's youth system would make a long term save so much fun. Good luck!

49. Scotland
    November Fixtures

Squad
Views: 448
Size:  917.1 KB

3 return from injury but we loose 3 more

Scotland 3-0 Wales
    Name:  1 wales.png
Views: 446
Size:  627.1 KB

This was the big match win and we're in. A cagy start Dons attacker Adam Frizzell struck right on half time setting us up for a comfortable second half made even better by a second Frizzell strike. Jason Cummings scored his first Scotland goal to round out a great day where we secured our spot at Euro 2024

Kazakhstan 0-3 Scotland
    Name:  2 kazak.png
Views: 443
Size:  655.9 KB

Kept most the players available in for this one, gave some Dons less game time or a rest.

Final Table
    Name:  finaltable.png
Views: 449
Size:  841.5 KB

Both ourselves and Norway have qualified for next summers tournament.

Name:  qualifyers.png
Views: 442
Size:  848.2 KB

50. November

Hirving Lozano is the latest superstar to commit his long term future to Aberdeen, he is quickly followed by back up wonderkid winger Nikola Pajic
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-lozano.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-pajic.png

Trips to Munich & Stamford bridge either side of the International break would not hault our European challenge

Fixtures

Hearts 1-2 Aberdeen
Views: 375
Size:  657.3 KB

It was all going swimingly till Hearts equalized with 2 minutes to go forcing us to go all out attack for the last 2 minutes and it was enough to secure the 3 points

Aberdeen 6-0 Kilmarnock
    Name:  2 killie.png
Views: 372
Size:  658.9 KB

Kleinfest at Killie

Champions League match 4
    Bayern 2-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 Bayern.png
Views: 375
Size:  611.2 KB

The Dons made a stormer of a start and led at half time through Macauly but on the 67th minute the game changed as Joe Gomez was sent off and now down to 10 men Brandt almost immediately had Bayern level and before the end Lewadowski had predictably put Bayern in front. HOWEVER! the Dons had one last punch left in them and in his final action before picking up a hip injury ruling him out for 3 months Ayoze Perez struck in the 93rd minute to gain a valuable point that was totally unexpected once Lewandowski had given Bayern a late lead. Even better is that Chelsea were held by Plzen so if we can avoid defeat at Stamford Bridge we'll have a great shot of making the last 16

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee
Views: 374

Morton 2-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 morton.png
Views: 376
Size:  655.6 KB

This result means we cant break the league record for wins in a season

Champions League match 5
    Chelsea 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 chelsea.png
Views: 370
Size:  655.2 KB

Huge round of matches. Chelsea were in must win mode. Anything less and they were probably out. Eden Hazzard had them on the right tracks with the opening goal just before half time but they made the mistake of not killing us off and a name you wont have seen as he fell down the pecking order Marc Roca in for the injured Thierry Richard gave us the equalizer. I had made a few attacking change just before this and decided to keep pounding and got our reward with Klien scoring the winning goal 5 minutes from the end. Harsh on Chelsea especially with Msakni winning MOTM but we deserved a win from our 4 games against the big 2.

SPFL Table
Views: 371
Size:  934.0 KB

The draw at Morton didnt harm our lead at the top too much as Celtic drew with Falkirk and lost to Raith, if anything Rangers have made it a 3 horse race with a 9 point gap to the teams chasing the final top 6 spots. Partick turned there form around in November and left the new teams Forfar & Killie at the bottom.

Champions League
Views: 370
Size:  854.2 KB

When this group was drawn i had thought we would be set for Europa League after christmas but 4 points frm our trips to Munich & London see us in the last 16 with a game to spare. We would need Chelsea to beat Bayern to stand any hope of winning the group

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO