Like Tree617Likes

Aberdeen Back where it all began

1. well done loving this keep it up you should defo do a save with ajax i have a save going with them and the amount of really good youth you start with and get every intake is unreal
    stonecold likes this.

2. Omg, what did you do to my beloved Kilmarnock haha

That's a cricket score.
    stonecold likes this.

3. Betfred League Cup Final 2023

Name:  trophy.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  37.2 KB

Aberdeen
    vs Dundee
    Name:  aberdeen.png
Views: 622
Size:  8.5 KB Name:  dundee logo.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  4.8 KB

A repeat of the first Cup final we had in 2016. We thumped them on that day with goals from Rooney, Jack, McGinn & McLean

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee
    Name:  Match.png
Size:  658.0 KB

And today was no different. We only scored 2 goals this time but Dundee only had 1 shot the whole game. We wanted this trophy back and we took it, destroying Celtic along the way.

Current Hall of Fame rating
    Name:  hall of fame.png
Views: 634
Size:  883.5 KB

Just to show you how far we have to go domestically i am now the most "successful" Aberdeen boss on points anyway. Wont pass Sir Alex without a Champions League or Europa League title. But im only half way to overtaking the Old Firm managers from the 1920s to the 1980s

4. December

If Carlsberg did months they would have 7 wins out of 7 with 6 clean sheets and top spot in the Champions League

Fixtures

Champions League Match 6
    Aberdeen 5-0 Viktoria Plzen
    Name:  1 viktoria.png
Views: 610
Size:  658.1 KB

A Huge win for my reserve players and even better Chelsea held Bayern to a draw meaning thanks to 1 more away goal against Bayern we finish ahead of them to top the table

Name:  CL Group.png
Views: 612
Size:  855.3 KB

Thank you Chelsea. There boring 0-0 draw with Bayern who have led the group since the group kicked off cost them top spot and we now moved into top spot right at the end thanks to our 2 goals in Munich

Aberdeen 3-0 Partick
    Name:  2 partick.png
Views: 608
Size:  653.9 KB

Hibs 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 hibs.png
Views: 604
Size:  656.8 KB

John McGinn was the only player to put a goal past us but we still win comfortably

Aberdeen 8-0 Falkirk
    Name:  4 falkirk.png
Views: 606
Size:  655.7 KB

The seasons standard thrashing that falls just short of the 10 goals we need for the record win.

Celtic 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 cceltic.png
Views: 601
Size:  653.1 KB

Just made sure that Celtic had any lingering thoughts of a title challenge.

Aberdeen 3-0 Raith
    Name:  6 raith.png
Views: 598
Size:  653.2 KB

Aberdeen 3-0 Hearts
    Name:  7 hearts.png
Views: 601
Size:  656.3 KB

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL table.png
Views: 606
Size:  933.8 KB

Gap at the top moves to 13 points over Rangers who over take a Celtic team that picks up a habit of loosing to smaller teams pushing them out of 2nd.

Last 16 Draw
    We draw Napoli a team we've faced 4 times all in the Champions League Group phase where we only won 1 game.
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-last-16-draw.png

1magine and 2Girls1Schlupp like this.

5. January

Fixtures

Forfar 0-6 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 forfr.png
Views: 549
Size:  649.6 KB

Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 Rangers.png
Views: 542
Size:  650.8 KB

Kilmarnock 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 Killie.png
Views: 542
Size:  654.5 KB

Dundee 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 dundee.png
Views: 536
Size:  650.7 KB

Scottish Cup 4th Round
    Inverness CT 1-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 ICT.png
Size:  648.1 KB

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPL.png
Views: 539
Size:  979.1 KB

Remember a 10 games ago when we were in a title battle? Well the old firm have been abysmal letting Dundee, Hibs & Hearts catch up. At the bottom Forfar have had a good run to catch up with Morton & Killie look in trouble.

Transfer Window

World Transfer
    Name:  World transfers.png
Views: 540
Size:  926.9 KB

All the big moves involve the Spanish teams and Hoffenheim who sold there star player Kuki, Who Klippybo signed in our Aston Villa vs Newcastle save. Now i'm scared. Former Don who im sure was having an affair with our physio, Serge Gnabry moved to China

SPL Transfers
    Name:  SPL Transfers.png
Size:  931.1 KB

Aged Leigh Griffiths has hit the wall and moves to Elbar for £120k, He's replaced with Partick lead forward Chris Munro. Hibs sold there best player and Scottish starter Ben McIlroy, i considered buying him but he deserves to play every week something thats not going to happen at Aberdeen right now. Rangers sell long time no 1 Robby McCrorie to Villa and dont replace him.

Aberdeen

In
    Name:  in 1.png
Views: 538
Size:  952.3 KB

Name:  in 2.png
Size:  944.8 KB

Two come in one is going to turn out to be my best signing in the save so far. I was trying to buy Jose Henrique for £7-£10m in the last 2 seasons but i could never get him or his team Flamingo to agree a deal. Suddenly on new years day he was sitting on a free so with Roca wanting to leave for first team action and now capped by Brazil i cant hide my delight that he chose us over Benfica the only other major team bidding for him, Our second signing all started with a laugh in our first champions league game. I uttered the words "haha Knobloch" and when i hovered over him i stopped laughing. There's a decent player there. The timing may have got me paying a bit much but Czech players usually do good by me so we'll hope this happens again.

Out
    Marc Roca

Played 169 - Goals 13 - Av Raiting 7.19
    Name:  Out Roca.png
Views: 528
Size:  957.6 KB

Roca joined as we were turning into a Champions League team. He did a great job while Adam Smith & Martin Neil developed into a first team player. Sadly for him Thierry Richard came in on a free and he plummeted down the order and requested this move for first team football. Did a great job for us

Youngster Calvin Forbes was out drinking and was starting to loose his spot in the U19 so with the big teams come bidding i was happy to send him off as a example to other kids.

Wilson, Haskan & Strok demanded a loan move for some first team action while Donald & Megginson need it.
    We also agreed to sell our two oldest and dearest players Borja Garcia & Ben Gibson in the summer as we try and move on with the younger players.

ninjaskill and PatrickLFC like this.

6. This, along with TheLuckDuck's career story, are the two that have really got me back into Football Manager 2017 after a rough start. I've even been inspired by the idea, with two small differences. Firstly, I'm English, so that adds an unusual spin, and secondly I have a soft spot for Hearts so I'm taking them and Scotland over.

KUTGW!
    stonecold likes this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by NeverChosenOne View Post
    This, along with TheLuckDuck's career story, are the two that have really got me back into Football Manager 2017 after a rough start. I've even been inspired by the idea, with two small differences. Firstly, I'm English, so that adds an unusual spin, and secondly I have a soft spot for Hearts so I'm taking them and Scotland over.

KUTGW!

Could choose far worse than Hearts my man. Apart from Aberdeen there only other team in the SPL that have a base of players from the very start that i think you can enjoy success with, i'e not finishing bottom half going after the cups if Celtic slip up and with Paterson and the keeper maybe others there are players to make a long term save around. Best of luck!

8. February

As we scraped past Hibs my assistant pointed out that we are still yet to be beaten in all competitions this season in fact its almost a year since Barcelona beat us 3-0 in the Nou Camp

Fixtures

Abrdeen 3-0 Morton
    Name:  1 Morton.png
Views: 505
Size:  566.6 KB

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
    Name:  2 Rangers.png
Views: 504
Size:  643.8 KB

Thanks to our electric start we had a 3 goal lead long before Richard's red card

Partick 1-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 partick.png
Views: 507
Size:  647.5 KB

Scottish Cup 5th Round
    Name:  stair-park.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  42.2 KB

Stranraer 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 stranaear.png
Views: 507
Size:  647.6 KB

One of our furthest away trips of the Scottish season. 2 hours south of Glasgow, closer to Northern Ireland than Glasgow

Champions League Last 16 1st leg
    Napoli 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 Napoli.png
Size:  645.4 KB

A goal at the start and a goal at the end. 2 way goals and a clean sheet sets us up perfectly for the 2nd leg

Aberdeen 1-1 Hibs
    Name:  6 Hibs.png
Views: 500
Size:  647.4 KB

A rare day where we were really up against it. A goal down a player down over 5 minutes in the first half and no spare midfielder on the bench. We went attacking after a half time assertive team talk and Klein as usual delivered to keep our long unbeaten run.

SPFL Table
Size:  928.8 KB

23 points clear at the top and if results go our way we will wrap it up in March. The old firm are in a titanic battle for 2nd while Dundee lead Hearts & Hibs for 4th, there all set for the top 6. 7th to 11th are split by 5 points also Killie are 5 points adrift at the bottom and 15 of there 24 goals have come from my u19 striker Ross Douglas while 3rd in the league top scorer in our on loan striker Paul Hay!

PatrickLFC likes this.

9. March

Another League title is secured, we still have not lost a game all season and including last year our run is over 50 games without defeat

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic
    Name:  1 celtic.png
Views: 426
Size:  655.9 KB

We dropped points to Hibs last time out and with a weeks rest we would not do the same with Celtic

Falkirk 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 falkirk.png
Size:  656.1 KB

Scottish Cup Q/F
    Aberdeen 5-1 Dundee Utd
    Name:  3 dudnee utd.png
Views: 425

No sign of a new firm revival and there best hope of promotion is now a play off

Champions League Last 16 2nd leg
    Aberdeen 6-1 Napoli
    Aberdeen 8-1 Napoli - AGG
    Name:  4 nqpoli.png
Views: 425
Size:  655.2 KB

We just had to be smart and play to keep a clean sheet. Our attack took a hit with Pajic getting injured practically from the kick off. Or Was it? Aberdeen went mental on a team that have finished in the top 2 of Serie A for 5 of the last 6 seasons. Klein's hattrick puts him closer to the golden boot than he's ever been but is still 3 behind Suarez and lets face it who's going further in the competition. Needless to say Richard's last minute red card is mega annoying

Raith 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 raith.png
Views: 424
Size:  648.0 KB

No European hang over this time as we secured the title.

Aberdeen 4-1 Forfar
    Name:  6 fofrar.png
Views: 421
Size:  650.5 KB

SPFL Table
Views: 418
Size:  932.7 KB

As we approach the split Celtic pull 5 points and many goals clear of Rangers at the same time as Dundee close the gap on them. Ross Douglas is giving Killie a shot at survival. Why on earth did i loan him out? Anyone in the bottom half can still go down.

SPL record hunt

From the long list at the start of the year only 2 still look possibly and that's being polite

Hearts 132 goals
    we need 31 goals from 7 games. Hard to see us scoring 5 goals a game against the top 6 teams while facing Man utd and a Scottish Cup semi

Clean sheets in a season 23 Sam Johnstone
    Ali only needs 2 more to break the record

Champions League Quarter Final Draw
    Name:  QF draw.png
Size:  807.5 KB

We play my favorite team Man Utd. 1st leg at Pittodrie too. Care to dream the impossible

Scotland Friendly
    Scotland 4-3 Cape Verde
    Name:  Scotland game.png
Views: 416
Size:  651.0 KB

A try out game for some back up players trying to get a spot in the finals squad

PatrickLFC likes this.

10. April

There's heartbreak then there's whatever you want to call this. Read on if you have a stock of kleenex

Fixtures

Aberdeen 7-0 Kilmarnock
    Name:  1 killie.png
Views: 351
Size:  671.7 KB

Great effort to try and the goals record

Champions League Q/F 1st Leg
    Aberdeen 2-1 Man Utd
    Name:  2 man utd.png
Views: 354
Size:  695.9 KB

A great performance and the deserved result. Gomez's own goal was a sad blot on what could have been a great night.

Hearts 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 hearts.png
Views: 353
Size:  680.8 KB

Champions League Q/F 2nd Leg
    Man Utd 3-1 Aberdeen
    Man Utd 4-3 Aberdeen AGG
    Name:  4 man utd pt2.png
Views: 350
Size:  694.5 KB

Today i'll change my layout for the matches. Mainly as this show how ridiculously close we were to dragging United to penaltys. The 2nd leg was much the same as the 1st a close but good game until career Don Alan Grangier got sent off. From then on United were the dominant team both had a chance right at the death but Extra time was destined. United had all the chances but in the last 5 minutes the laid siege to our goal and eventually after the final whistle was due Balde Keita stuck his Balde head onto a Kovalenko through ball to win the game. Everything towards the end went through Kovalenko, how his average rating is so low i'll never know. This was by a mile the most gutting defeat we've had due to the stage in the contest, how close the game was, the red card and last of all it ended our unbeaten run of 58 games in all competiton.

Name:  CL all results.png
Views: 355
Size:  814.0 KB

Scottish Cup S/F
    Dunfermline 0-7 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 dundfermline.png
Views: 351
Size:  663.2 KB

We had 10 days to recover and after some complaints from Klein, Richard and Hock we took all our aggression out on the Div 1 defense

Celtic too were in the mood against Dundee and the two best teams will once again bring the curtain down on the Scottish season.
    Name:  Semi final results.png
Views: 353
Size:  816.1 KB

SPFL Table
Views: 352
Size:  927.7 KB

Very little change as we go into the break. Hibs are taking the fight to the old firm as Dundee & Hearts look set to fight for 5th. In the bottom half Falkirk & Partick Thistle should be safe but still nobody in the bottom half is safe.

11. May

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Hibs
    Name:  1 hibs.png
Views: 862
Size:  634.8 KB

Pajic with a hatrick may have secured the AMR spot for next season

Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 Celtic.png
Views: 866
Size:  654.5 KB

We had a whole 2nd half to react to Celtic's opening goal. It was our first defeat in the SPL all season one that i never seen coming.

Aberdeen 4-0 Dundee
    Name:  3 Dundee.png
Views: 848
Size:  664.6 KB

Rangers 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 rangers.png
Views: 858
Size:  681.8 KB

Hearts 1-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 hearts.png
Views: 844
Size:  664.1 KB

SPFL Table
    Name:  Final SPL table.png
Views: 834
Size:  938.7 KB

Aberdeen win the league by miles as always. Celtic, Hibs and Rangers are joined by Dundee in Europe. Kilmarnock finished bottom despite my on loan striker Ross Douglas scoring 23 of there 36 goals. Forfar will have to fight for there spot in the legue finishing 6 goals behind Raith.

12. Scottish Cup Final 2024

Name:  sco cup logo.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  10.0 KB

Aberdeen vs Celtic
    Name:  aberdeen logo.png
Size:  8.5 KB Name:  celtic logo.jpg
Size:  7.5 KB

Line ups
    Like our last cup final 2 years ago we face Celtic. This is a much younger team with only 4 players starting from the 2022 line up. On the other hand we have only 3 changes.

Aberdeen 1-0 Celtic
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-resilt.png

The result however was exactly the same. A strike from Matthias Klein after only 4 minutes was all the goals we had in this final where we win back to trophy we handed away last season.

ninjaskill and 2Girls1Schlupp like this.

13. End of Season 2023/24

Scotland
    Name:  Final SPL table.png
Views: 810
Size:  938.7 KB

A dropped points at the start of the season made it very unlikely that we could go after the majority of the league records we were targeting and after keeping almost all our players and our 4 best players i was quite disappointed by that and it made me see that most of the records may be impossible to break. At least Msakni broke the clean sheets in a season record with 26 clean sheets in 38 games

Name:  Clean sheet record.png
Views: 811
Size:  191.2 KB

Klein got the Scottish cup scorers record and the dons goals in a season record.
    Name:  klein sco cup record.png
Views: 800
Size:  187.3 KB

Updated League goals still on the to do list
    Celtic's 25 games won in a row
    Hearts 132 goals
    Rangers league record 35 wins
    Biggest League Win Celtic 9-0 Aberdeen
    Clean sheets in a row 8 Hibs

Celtic's player turn around got them back into 2nd place, Great work by Hartley who was on the verge of the sack last season. Hibs drop down to 2nd which is nothing to be ashamed of after loosing there best player. Hopfully they can keep a hold of Connolly up front. Rangers free and cheep signings kept them in that battle. They would be better if the didnt play £6m signing Patrick Bamford. Dundee returned to the top 6 scoring big with there loans, 5 of there top 10 players are just in for the season. Hearts squad never really changes and the keep there top 6 spot with that. The bottom 6 was closer than its ever been and until the later stages it was anyone's game over teams that would go down but towards the end Kilmarnock just couldnt do anything without Douglas and as the worst team deserved bottom spot. Forfar worked miracles to make it to the playoffs with there resources

Forfar do it again. They beat Dundee United in the playoffs for the 2nd season in a row. Our on loan striker John Megginson got them over the line.

Name:  Premier playoff.png
Views: 819
Size:  661.7 KB

Hamilton bounce right back to the SPL winning the championship, in League 1 Dunfermline held off an amaing challenge from Hawick to take the title while Peterhead won League 2.

Brechin lost there league spot in the League 2 play off to East Kilbride

Name:  League 2 playoff.png
Views: 803
Size:  639.0 KB

Back to Aberdeen for a moment and the u20's were the stars of the year getting to the U19s Champions League final loosing in the most amazing game to Feyenoord 5-4

Name:  U19s.png
Views: 805
Size:  959.4 KB

Donald Arena to open for 2026/27
    Name:  NEW STADIUM.png
Views: 795
Size:  344.5 KB

I can also confirm that for the first time in my FM career, that i can recall i've got a stadium named after me. Huge costs for a 30k stadium but hopfully we can extend. Thanks to all the youth players and wheeling and dealing that made this possible.

Big League review
    Name:  Big 4 leagues.png
Views: 793
Size:  1,003.2 KB

Chelsea only lost 2 games and that was enough to stop Man City and there Dybala dynasty. He scored 28 goals, 9 more than anyone else. Man City and Tottenham join them in the Champions League, bloody United. Liverpool finish 10th
    What a fight at the top between the Madrid giants which ended with a 1 point margin, Atletico had the head to head advantage too so deserved the title. Barca finished in no mans land 12 points back but miles clear of the 4th place fight.
    5 seasons in a row Inter finished 3rd and now they win there first title in over 10 years. No prolific players, Napoli had two of the top players, Roma had the two top scorers but it means nothing without the title. The real story of the season is Juventus dropping all the way down to 6th, the last Europa league spot.
    Monaco win there 4th Ligue 1 title in a row by there largest margin, 12 points. PSG were closer to 3rd.

Name:  german league.png
Views: 802
Size:  865.5 KB

For the 2nd time in the save Bayern dont win the Bundasliga. Leverkusen matched there 2019/20 title with there 2nd in recent times.

Name:  german league.png
Size:  865.5 KB

Aberdeen
    Name:  Aberdeen 2024.png
Views: 784
Size:  899.5 KB

Back to full health and Klein rewarded us with his best seasons scoring 67 goals in all competition. After him it was our 4 wingers Hock, Granger, Lozano and newbie Pajic who took his chance following Ross Maccauley's injury ravaged season. Joel Gomez was our best defender in his first season while Adam Smith prove himself as the countrys best holding midfielder. Can he show that at Euro 2024 though?

Aberdeen Fans player awards
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  Fans player of the year.png
Views: 772
Size:  293.5 KB

That makes sense but 23 year old Hock young Player of the year, a week after requesting a transfer?

Aberdeen Finances
    Final Balance £34m -£38m
    Name:  Final balance.png
Views: 783
Size:  250.5 KB

We actually maded a few million about £3-£4m but the costs of the new stadium hit the balance hard. May have too wheel and deal this summer to build up the bank again.

Other Competitions

Champions League
    Man Utd 0-1 Barcelona AET
    Name:  CL final.png
Views: 782
Size:  828.4 KB

Man Utd got a taste of there own medecine with late drama as center back Emanuel Mammana headed the winner before a late Javi Martinez red card ended Uniteds dream with a 3rd final defeat to Barcelona in a row

Europa League
    Tottenham 1-0 Liverpool
    Name:  EL Final.png
Views: 786
Size:  827.6 KB

Spurs won the all England final, beating Chelsea in the way to the final. Look how close Hibs ran the eventual runner ups

Scottish Teams in Europe
    Aberdeen - Champions League Quarter Finals
    Hibs - Europa League Last 16
    Celtic - Europa League Last 32
    Rangers - Europa League Group Stage
    Hearts - Europa League Play-Off

3 teams in Europe after christmas for the first time and when we did it took Man Utd, Liverpool & Lyon to knock us out. Best season so far for the Scots. Next step is for sure 2 teams in the Champions League Groups

European Rankings
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-euro-rankngs.png

Dons crack the top 20 and are 18th in Europe. Hibs also had there best season ever jumping almost 50 places to 69th. Motherwell & St Johnstone improve a little while the old firm drop 2 places each.

Awards

SPL Player of the year
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  Awards player of year.png
Views: 783
Size:  913.5 KB

The Australlian wins his 4th award but not by much over his front 4 sidekicks

SPL Young Player of the year
    Nikola Pajic
    Name:  Awards young.png
Views: 780
Size:  879.0 KB

He would have been close to a clean sweep of top scorer, player and young player in his 1st season if Klein had injury problems like last season. Still our 6th winner from Aberdeen in a row

SPL Top Scorer
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  Awards scorer.png
Views: 773
Size:  925.3 KB

Make that 6 in a row for our Fosters drinking hero among men. But how many more will he win? His LONG term replacement Ross Douglas got 23 at a horrific Kilmarnock side. Will he be good enough to be my no2 next season or will he go out on loan? Biggest call of the summer for me.

Scottish team of the year
    Name:  Awards team.png
Views: 775
Size:  782.9 KB

Like last year 10/11 come from Pittodrie however with Douglas getting the 11th spot i'm claiming all 11 for the Dons

Last edited by stonecold; 23/04/2017 at 06:52 PM.

14. Name:  Euro 2024 logo.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  7.5 KB

The Squad
    Name:  Squad.png
Views: 657
Size:  903.0 KB

A nice mix of experiance and youth. The new players Middleton, Connolly, Neil, Smith and McIlroy while at the other end only Grant Hanley & Liam Cooper are the only 2 players over 31 that may be looking at there last campaign. Only tough call was Aberdeen Grangier or Arsenal Tierney and i went with the safe bet of a player who knows my counter attacking system better than most

Group Draw
    Name:  Group draw.png
Views: 646
Size:  832.7 KB

We kick off against old foe's Lithuania before it gets real against Portugal the favorites for the group and then we finish up against a Wales team that's done nothing but improve since we began in the same qualifying group 2 years ago.

Warm up games

Scotland 1-3 Belgium
    Name:  1 Belgiums.png
Views: 648
Size:  596.4 KB

Belgium are one of the favorites. Not sure how were going to combat the top teams.

Scotland 1-1 Romania
    Name:  2 Romania.png
Views: 648
Size:  669.2 KB

A late goal earned us a draw but this had not been very encouraging warm up games.

15. Group Phase

Match 1

Lithuainia 2-4 Scotland
    Name:  Match 1.png
Views: 558
Size:  654.0 KB

3 goals in the first 14 minutes meant we could rest as much as possible for the rest of the match . Was edgy for a while as Lithuania scored twice after the break but Cummings headed home the 4th to secure 3 points from our easiest match

Portugal show why there one of the favorites by destroying Wales
    Name:  table 1.png
Views: 545
Size:  843.0 KB

Match 2

Scotland 0-2 Portugal
    Name:  match 2.png
Views: 548
Size:  668.8 KB

We gve as goo as we got and fought hard but in the end this talented Portuguese side were too good for us and it will come down to a winner take all match with Wales to guarantee a last 16 place but with us both on 3 points a draw maybe the best result for the Unionist among us.

Name:  table 2.png
Size:  848.3 KB

Match 3
    Scotland 1-0 Wales
    Name:  match 3.png
Views: 555
Size:  685.5 KB

What a fight we were in to secure 2nd spot. A tight nervous game looked to be slipping away from us as Martin neil was sent off with under 20 minutes to go i was just waiting for Wales to get there revenge but it was my first sub Jason Cummings on for the injured Connolly that scored the games only goal. Wales gave it some shot in the final 10 minutes but sealed there own fate as they got a red card too right at the death.

Final table
    Name:  final table.png
Size:  847.5 KB

I'd say this is exactly how it was expected to pan out. Wales also got through as one of the best 3rd placed teams.

ninjaskill and 2Girls1Schlupp like this.

16. Last 16

Germany vs France is the only mega power match. We face Belgium who thumped us 3-1 in a warm up game at Hampden 3 weeks ago.

Name:  draw.png
Size:  820.1 KB

Scotland Vs Belgium
    Name:  sco.png
Views: 543
Size:  968 Bytes Name:  belgium.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  3.4 KB

Scotland 0-5 Belgium
Size:  680.7 KB

Could there be worse way to go out? Hanley decided that i would end his international career 10 minutes into this game. We held on well till the stroke of half time where the arse fell out of our defense with Ogigi & Bouabdellah turning a 1 goal Belgian lead into a 3 goal Belgian lead. Once the 4th went in it was time to rest give some youngsters a turn an forget about this summer.

PatrickLFC likes this.

17. Pre Season 2024/25

All the old, over 30's players are sold as the last batch of EU players burst into the team. We also lost our best midfielder that will almost pay for the new stadium himself.

Euro 2024
    Holland 1-2 Portugal
    Name:  Euro 2024.png
Views: 445
Size:  882.3 KB
    Dutch football is back in a final but is still yet to EVER win a major. ET beat them just like it did in the 2010 World Cup final

Manager Changes
    Massimo Allegri - England
    Laurent Blanc - Belgium
    Luciano Spalletti - Sweden
    Claude Puel - France
    Stefan Kuntz - Germany <My favorite
    Rafa Benitez - Spain
    M Laudrup - Celta Vigo
    Didier Deschamps - Southampton
    Gareth Southgate - Liverpool
    Paulo Sousa - Bilbao
    Fran Escriba - Malaga

Pep was sacked by Spain, Southgate (England) & Laudrup (France) resigned to return to club football

Season Targets
    SPL - Winners
    Scottish Cup - Win
    League Cup - Win
    Champions League - Quarter Finals

Very few changes with the squad so Scotland should easily bring home another treble. European football without Richard may be tougher but i really want to reach a final soon otherwise we'll be looking at a rip it up and start again job.. Q/F is probably the best we can do talent wise.

Pre season friendly's
    Name:  Pre season.png
Size:  1.02 MB

We won every game thumping every team along the way even though we didnt play any side that would be in the later stages of the Europa League

Pre Season Prices
    Name:  Odds.png
Views: 441
Size:  967.2 KB

3/1 for Aberdeen??? these bookies must be almost skint. Rest of the top 6 is fair enough apart. Celtic have a slightly better squad than Rangers and so on. Forfar, newbies Hamilton & Raith are expected to struggle most. Raith and Forfar will need to work miracles to survive although Raith have solidly been in the league for 6 seasons now.

Aberdeen Transfers
    Name:  aberdeen transfers.png
Views: 438
Size:  731.7 KB

IN

Daniel Arrieta - ML
    Name:  In Arrieta.png
Views: 436
Size:  937.5 KB

Backup/ future replacement for Lozano if he works out. Getting injured for 4 months is not the way to start his time at the club.

2 Players join the youth & Loan team out of the 14 we agreed terms with these were the only ones that got work permits. Chubby face Pedro Sousa looks great and is already progressing quick and Chris Mitchell rejoins after almost a week as a free agent
    Click image for larger version

Name:	youth 1.png
Views:	443
Size:	945.7 KB
ID:	1113710Aberdeen Back where it all began-youth-2.png

Out
    Not even close to the £64m we made in 2021 before the grip of Brexit ruined out money making ways but we lost the best player i've let go in the save so far. In three season Thierry Richard developed into my best player running the middle of the park. The league's Iniesta earning 11 caps along the way. Last season he joined the list of Klien, Hock and several others over the year in demanding a move and unlike the others he could not be convinced to stay and with 12 months left on his deal i had to accept a £25m & heeps of future incentive style deal from Chelsea. With our depth in midfield as well as his abysmal disciplinary record last year, 3 red cards he will not be as disastrous a loss as any of the other players that have recently requested a move.
    David Mitchell was the longest serving player we sold. 7 years mostly as the back up wing back come to a end as again entering the last years of his contract and youth players desperate for a chance to take his spot moving him was the best thing for him and the squad. Next up was Paul Hay. Singed in 2019 he never played a 1st team game for Aberdeen. Came of age last season on loan to Falkirk and interest from Championship teams offering £5m was impossible to ignore for a player that was at best 4th in line to Klein's thrown. Another youngster who never worked out was Tony McBride who moved on to Dundee to try and make a career that was never happening at Pittodrie. Finally the 3 oldies. Little to say for Ayoze Perez 1 season full of injurys seen him make 24 appearances and score a respectful 7 goals. £4m to West ham was a good return for a man we picked out of the skip.

Ben Gibson & Borja Garcia
    Two players who transformed the club in 2019. Following our 1st league title win we needed to add quality to the defense and a multi skilled attacking midfielder that could do a job all over the shop. Both did an amazing job and its so sad to see leaders of the club on both ends move on but it was only fair to give them one more crack at 1st team football as Vallecano & Aston villa can hopefully keep them busy till they retire to coach with me in the future.

Ben Gibson
    P163 Ave 7.14
    Name:  Out Gibson.png
Size:  882.6 KB

Bora Garcia
    P172 G64 Ave 7.47
    Name:  Out Borja.png
Views: 427
Size:  892.9 KB

World Transfers
    Name:  World transfers June.png
Views: 435
Size:  942.2 KB

PSG break the bank to sign Chelsea's Jorge Mere for £63m. Also signing a regular buy of mine David Carmona.

Name:  World transfers July.png
Views: 429
Size:  937.7 KB

Man city & Barcelona join the party in July. Pol Lirola possibly the best young RB in the game moving to Shitty. Chelsea buy the best young player i never managed to get a look in Steve Holmes Derbys top sorer since he was 18 already got 3 England caps. Scary prospect.

SPL Transfers
    Name:  SPL transfers.png
Size:  938.3 KB

Its all about Aberdeen this summer. Outside Pittodrie Celtic make the most interesting move by adding Jacob Murphy a wonderkid in years gone by and even more impressive they kept there two star players Torres & Kongolo while also adding 33 year old Nathanial Clyne to there defense. They look a clear 2nd best now. Rangers & Hearts do little sticking mostly to loaning youths from England while Rangers pick up ancient Scottish CB Liam Cooper. Hibs add a interesting English prospect named Eddie Hargreaves whilst being the quietest of the top 5. Forfar and Hamilton feeling the danger bought the most players to try and survive.

Squad
    Name:  Dons squad.png
Views: 437
Size:  914.5 KB

Only change is Pajic living up to his potential and taking the AMR spot. Jose Henrique's potential makes the blow of loosing Richard hurt a lot less.

Youth team
    Name:  Dons squad YOUTH.png
Views: 428
Size:  910.4 KB

Depth is at an all time low with the work permit situation becoming impossible.

18. August

We dropped points to Morton away. These guys just down want to break records anymore do they?

Fixtures

Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 celtic.png
Views: 367
Size:  650.7 KB

Could not have wrote a better start to the season. Our toughest game out of the way and we trounced the team we expect will challenge us

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
    Forfar 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 forfar.png
Views: 362
Size:  677.0 KB

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee
    Name:  3 dundee.png
Views: 361
Size:  688.3 KB

Morton 1-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 morton.png
Views: 369
Size:  685.2 KB

I expect to come through August with a perfect haul of points only playing 1 game a week but Morton punished our failure to score a 2nd goal

Aberdeen 3-1 Hamilton
    Name:  5 hamilton.png
Views: 364
Size:  677.6 KB

This was a "character building" moment the cat get's taken to the vet and is kept overnight, not due to getting kicked when Henrique got red carded a week after failing to stop diving into tackle's. At least we won!

SPFL Table
Size:  931.6 KB

Falkirk led by a suddenly goal hungry Ryan Hardie join us at the top with most the usual suspects in tow. With the exception of Celtic down in the bottom half but only 5 points off top spot.

Champions League draw

First the news were now No2 seeds but only just!
    Name:  CL group rankings.png
Views: 366
Size:  819.9 KB

Felt quite good getting Leverkusen till i seen there squad. Dang there for real. Marseille's will put up a fight for 2nd spot. They are very strong 3rd seeds and i'd say slightly stronger than our team. Basel are Basel.

Name:  CL Draw.png
Size:  869.6 KB

August Transfers

World transfers
Size:  928.9 KB

SPL Transfers
    Name:  Transfers SPL.png
Views: 358
Size:  946.0 KB

Rangers invest there incomings for the month but also sell there long term keeper Ross McCrorie

Aberdeen
    I didnt buy anyone as i just wanted to get to the end of the month and get going with the save. Either Bentaleb or Smith had to go this summer and i was happier with the offers for the French striker so he's off to join a gravyard of former Dons strikers at Liverpool

19. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    Remind me to get you to load up your game next time you are over. Interested to see those regens that you have
    stonecold likes this.

20. Scotland
    September Fixtures

Squad

Friendly
    Holland 2-1 Scotland
    We came so close to getting a result against one of the Euro 2024 finalist

Name:  1 holland.png
Views: 312
Size:  669.3 KB

European League Div B Match 1
    Scotland 5-2 Austria
    Name:  1 holland.png
Size:  669.3 KB

European League Div B Match 1
    Scotland 5-2 Austria
    Name:  2 austira.png
Views: 311
Size:  679.9 KB

Feared the worst when Forthaus gave Austria a half time lead. In the 2nd half however we played the best half of football i can remember in the national colors.

Table
    Name:  table.png
Views: 310
Size:  821.7 KB

Nothing to get excited about at this stage. 2nd place is the target as we'd get humped all over again in Group A

21. September

Fixtures

Hearts 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 hearts.png
Views: 717
Size:  672.2 KB

Champions League Match 1

Aberdeen 2-1 Leverkusen
    Name:  2 leverkusen.png
Views: 706
Size:  670.9 KB

A deserved win against the giants of German football despite nervous last 5 minutes

Aberdeen 6-0 Partick
Views: 718
Size:  670.8 KB

All the goals came from the 2 strikers

Betfred Cup Q/F
    Hearts 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 hearts.png
Views: 708
Size:  681.5 KB

Semi finals see Rangers vs Hibs and Aberdeen get Celtic

Aberdeen 1-1 Rangers
    Name:  5 rangers.png
Views: 713
Size:  687.2 KB

A o'g and a red card. for once in my life i'll take a draw.

SPFL Table
Views: 717
Size:  934.4 KB

Two games where we dropped points leaves it very close between the top 4. Celtic still yet to get going.

Champions League
    Name:  bad start for the big teams.png
Views: 699
Size:  932.1 KB

22. Scotland
    October Fixtures

Friendly
    Scotland 3-1 Slovenia
    Name:  1 slov.png
Views: 653
Size:  637.5 KB

European League
    Sweden 1-0 Scotland
    Name:  2 swed.png
Views: 654
Size:  671.1 KB

Karlsson scored the only goal after 2 minutes. This could be a key result in us taking the 2nd spot i want

Table
Views: 652
Size:  832.7 KB

This will be the last monthly update for just Scotland. Will plug it onto Aberdeen update from next month

23. October

We dont loose any games but go out of the League cup at the Semi Final. Looking good elsewhere however

Fixtures

Champions League Match 2
    Marseille 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 marsilles.png
Views: 643
Size:  675.1 KB

A early Klein goal and a 2nd right after the break was enough to cover Ali Msakni's own goal

Raith 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 raith.png
Views: 645
Size:  662.9 KB

Aberdeen 4-0 Forfar
    Name:  3 forfr.png
Views: 643
Size:  663.7 KB

Champions League Match 3
    Aberdeen 3-0 Basel
    Name:  4 basel.png
Size:  682.2 KB

Betfred Cup S/F
    Celtic 1-1 Aberdeen
    Celtic win 4-2 on pen
    Name:  5 celtic.png
Views: 632
Size:  705.1 KB

Worthless stat. We have played 34 League cup games and have still never lost despite not taking the trophy in 2 of the seasons.

Falkirk 2-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 falkrikf.png
Views: 626
Size:  683.1 KB

We went 2 goals down so i raged at the team and went all out attack. We may look at being more attacking after this.

SPFL Table
    Name:  CL table.png
Size:  855.5 KB

Hibs may have lost Connolly for the month but they stay right on our tails and fellow unbeaten team Rangers are right there too. Celtic have there first solid month and move to 4th.

Champions League

This could not have gone any better. One more win will see us into the last 16, maybe even 1 more point if results go our way. We'll have a tough decision to make if we win the Basel game. £1.2m for winning a game or giving youth some action?

24. November

Our reaction to the League Cup defeat seen us score 20 goals. Non is Basel but 6 in Leverkusen

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-1 Hibs
Views: 589
Size:  646.1 KB

Champions League Match 4
    Basel 0-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 basel.png
Views: 575
Size:  674.5 KB

And suddenly everything changes! We're into the last 16 but Leverkusen are now just 3 points behind.

Aberdeen 5-1 Celtic
    Name:  3 celtic.png
Views: 581
Size:  692.9 KB

Revenge may be sweet but doesnt make up for being 1 short in the cup match

Aberdeen 4-0 Morton
    Name:  4 morton.png
Size:  698.4 KB

Champions League Match 5
    Leverkusen 2-6 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 leverkusen.png
Views: 580
Size:  672.7 KB

The Germans played into our hands by playing narrow and pumping it into the box over an over again. Made lunch in the 1st half and came back to see us 3-1 ahead. We went as defensive as possible and stung them on the counter another 3 times in the 2nd half.

Dundee 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 dundee.png
Views: 579
Size:  682.9 KB

SPFL Table
Views: 580
Size:  932.3 KB

Its taken a bit longer to assert our dominance but November seen us open a 10 point gap at the top as Rangers move 3 points clear of Hibs after suffering there 1st defeat of the season.

Champions League
    Name:  CL.png
Views: 577

That win in Germany secures top spot and its anyone's guess who gets 2nd spot.

Scotland

Friendly
    Scotland 1-0 Hugary
    Name:  sco 1.png
Views: 575
Size:  672.7 KB

Jack Grimmer got his 1st international goal

European League Match 3
    Austria 2-5 Scotland
    Name:  sco 2.png
Views: 573
Size:  691.3 KB

Div C and a huge drop in world rankings was staring us in the face when we went into the break 2-1 down. Thankfully Jack Connolly getting his first serious start as our no1 striker in a major game got the ball rolling on a thrilling 2nd half come back.

European League Match 4
    Scotland 3-1 Sweden
    Name:  sco 3.png
Views: 573
Size:  690.6 KB

A match we didnt want to win as it would put us back into Div A but clearly the world champions didnt want to join Div A either and despite the Scots playing 8 players up front we still managed to win.

Name:  sco table.png
Views: 565
Size:  838.4 KB

TheBattman and PatrickLFC like this.

25. December

We hit our best run of form in the save, possibly ever? Currently on a league record run of 9 games without conceding a goal

Fixtures

Hamilton 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 hamilton.png
Views: 528
Size:  680.9 KB

Partick 0-7 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 partick.png
Views: 533
Size:  680.3 KB

Champions League Match 6
    Aberdeen 0-1 Marseille
    Name:  3 marsilles.png
Views: 520
Size:  666.3 KB

Dead rubber of a game. Cost ourselves a cool £1m by giving the kids a game.

Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 rangers.png
Views: 522
Size:  675.7 KB

Aberdeen 6-0 Hearts
    Name:  5 hearts.png
Views: 525
Size:  689.7 KB

Aberdeen 4-0 Raith
    Name:  6 raith.png
Views: 515
Size:  676.1 KB

Forfar 0-8 Aberdeen
    Name:  7 forfar.png
Views: 513
Size:  690.8 KB

Aberdeen 4-0 Falkirk
    Name:  8 falkirk.png
Views: 513
Size:  675.8 KB

SPFL Table
Views: 509
Size:  1,005.5 KB

Our aggregate score in the SPL this month 32-0. Hibs & Rangers tie for 2nd spot and are only 12 points back if we do hit a bad patch of form. Celtic are in a very distant 4th while battle's are already in place for 5th & 6 spot between 4 teams while Forfar, Partick & Hamilton are in the bottom 3.

Dundee are the first team to change managers as they try and escape a relegation battle
    Name:  Manager change.png
Views: 517
Size:  814.9 KB

Champions League
    Name:  CL group.png
Views: 510
Size:  858.9 KB

We give the French side a spot in a weak final 16 where of the 2nd seeds only Man Utd & Spurs would Worry me.

Last 16 Draw
    Man Utd vs Aberdeen
    Name:  CL CLast 16.png
Views: 520
Size:  834.9 KB

Your could not write this!

Dokara, ninjaskill and PatrickLFC like this.

26. January

Celtic beat us and just before the transfer window ends we lost both of our strikers in one game at Morton
    Name:  striker crisis.png
Views: 476
Size:  229.6 KB

Fixtures

Hibs 0-3 Aberdeen
Views: 475
Size:  633.1 KB

Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 celtic.png
Views: 476
Size:  664.7 KB

Few changes from the Hibs match but Celtic dominated the game in a way no other SPL team has done in years despite a late push at a come back.

Scottish Cup 4th Round
    Aberdeen 3-0 Ayr
    Name:  3 ayr.png
Views: 473
Size:  688.6 KB

The kids & back up players beat 9 men from League 1

Morton 1-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 ayr.png
Views: 471
Size:  679.0 KB

A night of nightmares for Aberdeen. Klein going down after 20 minutes was abysmal for our season, especially after rejecting a £50m+ bid for him. still we have his national team back up Joe Smith on the bench waiting for his chance to prove he can replace Klein long term at Aberdeen and to see them both go down for up to 4 months. Great chance for Douglas to prove himself but for our Champions League push this could end it for this group of players if any decide to follow Richard out the door.

SPFL Table
Views: 471
Size:  937.0 KB

Our first defeat of the season does little to help Rangers and Hibs but could be the sign of Celtic's return to form to try and save Paul Hartleys job.

Transfer Window

World Transfers
Views: 473
Size:  933.7 KB

Lots of middle of the road players on the move, no world class ones.

SPL Transfers
    Name:  SPL transfers.png
Views: 472
Size:  944.3 KB

Celtic make a very Celtic signing. A young English player that could make them a healthy profit. Hibs bring in almost £3m and still buy Stephen Mallan. Despite playing over 20 games Nathanial Clyne is off back to England for £425k

Aberdeen
    Our most productive January in a long time as we're forced to add a striker and while we're at it we finally get some youngsters into the u20's. We sell a player to fund this activity. 4th choice MC Zoran Rakic is of to Bordeaux for £7.75m

Mario Manari - ATT
    Name:  striker.png
Views: 469
Size:  598.4 KB

Not quite sure how he never cracked the 1st team with his home town team but the stats are off the chain. Passing and jumping aside he has all the stats to be a star. He could signal teh end for Joe Smith. Whoever gets the highest offer will probably leave in the summer if Klein stays put.

Three youths also join but Only Mauro Rodriguez is ready to help the 1st team.
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-youth-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-3.png

TheBattman likes this.

27. February

The league is perfect, everything else is nasty. VERY Nasty

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-0 Dundee
    Name:  1 dundee.png
Views: 408
Size:  656.0 KB

Aberdeen 6-0 Hamilton
    Name:  2 hamilton.png
Views: 400
Size:  673.8 KB

2nd top scorer and star winger Hirving Lozano is the latest player to pick up a season ending injury

Aberdeen 7-0 Partick
Views: 406
Size:  661.6 KB

17 goals in 3 games sets us up perfectly for the Man Utd game

Scottish Cup 5th Round
    Raith 2-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 raith.png
Views: 403
Size:  658.7 KB

Playing the u19s here to give whats left of the first team a break for the Champions League

Champions League last 16 1st leg
    Man Utd 3-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 man utd.png
Views: 399
Size:  678.7 KB

What the hell has happened this season. Cant complain about the red card or that ruining the game as we were already 2 goals down Toyed with the idea of resting players in the 2nd leg or at least giving some u19s a game then realised i have too

Players missing for the 2nd leg from my perfect the starting 11
    DC J Gomez - Banned
    MC J Henrique - Banned
    MC A Smith - Banned
    ML H Lozano - injured
    AM J Smith - Injured
    AT M Klien - Injured

Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers
    Name:  6 rangers.png
Views: 399
Size:  661.0 KB

This could be our last competitive month of the season.....

SPFL Table
Size:  988.7 KB

Were almost 20 points clear in our annual wait to be crowned champions of the SPL. With the Scottish cup and probably the Champions League down the toilet i may start giving more kids a chance and go gung-ho to score the 30 goals we need to break the scoring record and consider what where going to do next season player wise as there will be a riot once Man Utd see us off.

28. March

No miracles against Man Utd but not for a lack of trying. Scotland on the other hand well.... read on!

Fixtures

Hearts 2-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 herts.png

No excuses for the dropped points BUT i was experimenting for the Man Utd game

Aberdeen 2-1 Man Utd
    Agg Man Utd 4-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 man utd.png
Views: 359
Size:  689.0 KB

we tried and were very close to forcing extra time until Marcus Rashford the sexy beast that he is came along and ended the tie

Raith 2-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  3 raith.png
Size:  677.3 KB

Aberdeen 6-1 Forfar
    Name:  4 forfar.png

SPFL Table
    Name:  SPl.png
Views: 360
Size:  1,001.3 KB

9 games to go and there is two races involving us to watch. Can we reach 133 goals, currently on 110. And can Klien hold onto the golden boot. Scotland strikers Cummings & Connolly are only 5 behind.

As for the rest of the league 14 points behind us are Rangers closing the gap but surly its too late. They will go into the break with a gap to Hibs & Celtic. Hearts need to win at Forfar and hope Celtic hold Morton to at least a point otherwise Raith and Morton are in the top 6. At the other end it looks like Partick vs Hamilton for bottom spot. Both sides have changed manager

Name:  managers.png
Size:  844.2 KB

Scotland

World Cup Qualifiers

Belgium 0-2 Scotland
    Name:  Sco 1.png
Size:  628.1 KB

After disasters against Man Utd i made some changes to my defend at all cost tactic and boy did it work.

Scotland 11-0 Faroe Islands
    Name:  Sco 2.png
Views: 363
Size:  680.2 KB

No thats not a typo we hit the Faroe's for 11 goals, most goals in a game, most goals for a team in qualifying and Connolly's 7 goals is the most by a single game for Scotland or anyone else in the World Cup qualifiers

I doubt its going to get any better than this.
    Name:  Sco table.png
Views: 372
Size:  840.9 KB

29. April & May

The title was secured against Falkirk so the rest of the season was about trying out youngsters and back up players to see who has a future in our last season at Pittodrie

Fixtures

Falkirk 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 falkirk.png
Views: 262
Size:  643.1 KB

Aberdeen 1-0 Hibs
    Name:  2 hibs.png
Views: 265
Size:  677.9 KB

Aberdeen 2-2 Celtic
Size:  674.6 KB

Hibs 1-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 hibs.png
Views: 261
Size:  663.2 KB

Aberdeen 3-0 Raith
    Name:  5 raith.png
Views: 260
Size:  683.2 KB

Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 rangers.png
Views: 264
Size:  682.0 KB

Aberdeen 3-0 Hearts
    Name:  7 hearts.png
Views: 261
Size:  693.1 KB

And we learn the Islam Gamal & Mauro Rodriguez look like great prospects that could join Douglas in pushing for more first team football next year. As for Ondrej Jerabek and Craig Hendrie they didnt take there chance at the end of the season.

SPFL Table
Size:  996.5 KB

How Celtic stormed back to take Celtic when it looked like only Hibs had a chance of taking 2nd from Rangers. Raith have the stand out performance of any season taking 5th ahead of Hearts. At the bottom Hamilton only just finished last 2 points off a Partick team that not too long ago were performing well in the top 6. For the golden boot Connolly just sneaked past Klein who came back with a few games left but was never fit enough to make a impact and he lost his crown.

PatrickLFC likes this.

30. Scotland
    June Fixtures

World Cup Qualifier Match 3
    Kosovo 1-1 Scotland
    Name:  1 Kosovo.png
Views: 209
Size:  664.2 KB

Big game for me but a huge let down as we throw away most of the advantage we got beating Belgium

Name:  100th game.png
Views: 211
Size:  318.8 KB

World Cup Qualifier Match 4
    Scotland 3-1 Wales
    Name:  2 wales.png
Views: 208
Size:  695.8 KB

Thanks to there star player missing a penalty and Raith striker Duncan Crawford pulling a goal back after the break Glenn Middleton's performance and goals gave us the biggest win of all.

Table
Views: 207
Size:  847.3 KB

Almost half way through the group and Belgium are right on our tail after we drew with Kosovo

Big game for me but a huge let down as we throw away most of the advantage we got beating Belgium

31. End of Season 2024/25

Scotland
Views: 904
Size:  996.5 KB

Aberdeen have there worst season since our championship ran began. 94 points would be great for most clubs but a very sloppy inconsistent season seen us drop points all over the spot and once the arse fell out of the season we played youth so often that these results were not so much of a shock.

For the second season in a row Ali Msakni racks up a new record. 10 clean sheets in a row for Aberdeen.
    Name:  clean sheet record.png
Views: 925
Size:  1.02 MB

Hearts 132 goals
    Rangers league record 35 wins

Celtic ended the season as the form team going undefeated in the through the top 6 phase. On the other hand there was Rangers who were sitting on 1 point till they beat us on the final day to secure 3rd place. A huge let down after being 2nd for so long. Hibs were also in the fight for 2nd spot right till the end and were helped by having the leagues top scorer Jack Connolly. I really want him to stay at Hibs but he is more than worth a move to a premier league team or the old firm. Shock team of the year was without a doubt Raith Rovers Striker Duncan Crawford came of age to get Gordon Browns favorite team back into European football for the first time since 1995 when the famously led Bayern Munich in Munich 1-0. At the bottom the bookies were quite right with the bottom 3 Forfar, Partick & Hamilton fighting to survive. In the end only Forfar did

Name:  SPL playoff.png
Views: 905
Size:  801.1 KB

It was St Mirren who had the biggest playoff win i've ever seen They won 6-0 at Partick before waltzing to a 2-0 win to make it (8-0) overall. There joined in the SPL by Motherwell. Anyone like myself that was expecting to see Dundee Utd fighting for the title, could not be further from the truth that they finished 9th and lost a play off to Alloa and are now in League 1. At the very bottom Cove beat East Kilbride to add to the list of highland teams in league football.

Name:  SCo lower league tables.png
Size:  967.7 KB

A few post season takeovers
    Name:  2 TAK3OVERS.png
Views: 899
Size:  333.4 KB

Big League review
    Name:  all leagues.png
Size:  952.6 KB

Man City keep up there habit of being great and winning the League every 2nd season. Tottenham, Arsenal & Man Utd follow them home. We look forward to seeing Man Utd in the Champions League next year.
    One of the poorest season in Spain fo a long time as Real win the league at a canter with Barcelona 9 points back and Atletico 6 points further back.
    If its different title battle's you want then its Serie A you want with Juve one again well back in 6th as Napoli hold off Roma and AC Milan finally show signs of returning to the title battle with 3rd. Speaking of the 1990s Parma returned to Serie A but it was at best a disaster with only 1 win and 10 points from 38 games.
    Missed the German table as usual. Well teh good news is Leverkusen won the title again and Hoffenheim moved up to 2nd ahead of the former power houses

Also from Spain Messi calls it a career
    Name:  messi 1.png
Views: 899
Size:  1,013.9 KB

Name:  messi 2.png
Views: 901
Size:  913.6 KB

Aberdeen
    Name:  Aberdeen squad.png
Views: 894
Size:  900.3 KB

The fact that only 4 players made over 40 appearances say it all about our season. Still we learned plenty positives from the season. Weeded out some players that are not good enough for the team while unearthing some stars of tomorrow likes Ross Douglas, Gamal and Rodriguez. Douglas actually ended the season with a higher Ave rating than Klein although almost every important stat was in Kleins favor. Lozano was in his prime when he went down, Hopefully he can come back next year and carry in where he left of. Granger, Pajic and Hock were the other stand outs again as was Joel Gomez who is leaving in the summer.

Matthias Klein
    Missed half the season but kept his award with 33% of the vote. Grangier was 2nd with around 26% but i lost the picture so we'll never know

Aberdeen Finances
    Final Balance £56m +£22m
    Name:  finances.png
Views: 896
Size:  772.7 KB

With a new stadium to pay for we are back to being a selling club for now. Expect at least one more busy summer of players going the other way but maybe not. I want to move into MY STADIUM with the strongest squad possible.

Other Competitions

Scottish Cup
    Hibs 3-0 Hearts
    Name:  Sco cup.png
Views: 886
Size:  819.3 KB

I think we did the competition a favor by getting knocked out. Both Edinburgh teams beat the Glasgow teams in the semi finals before Hibs comfortably won the last game of the season

Scottish League Cup
    Hibs 1-2 Celtic
    Name:  Sco League cup.png
Views: 883
Size:  821.2 KB

Hibs reached both finals but Celtic won this one.

Champions League
    Real Madrid 2-3 Atletico
    Name:  CL final.png
Views: 877
Size:  682.3 KB

Atletico's 5th appearance in the final during this save seen them take only there 2nd win

Europa League
    Bayern 4-0 Olympiakos
    Name:  EL final.png
Views: 872
Size:  699.1 KB

Probably the worst final in this save. All over well before half time.

Scottish Teams in Europe
    Aberdeen - Champions League Last 16
    Celtic - Europa League Group
    Hibs - Europa League Group
    Rangers - Europa League Group
    Dundee - Europa League Play-Off

A real step back for all of us

European Rankings
    Name:  club rankings.png
Views: 877
Size:  891.8 KB

Dons just stay in the top 20. The following 5 teams show little change but Dundee & Partick drop back after a dire season

Awards

SPL Player of the year
    Nikola Pajic
    Name:  AWaRDS - player of the year.png
Views: 876
Size:  880.4 KB

Our last attacking player standing. I hope Barca leave him in peace so i can keep him at the club.

Nikola Pajic
    Name:  AWaRDS - young plaer.png
Views: 873
Size:  962.4 KB

SPL Top Scorer
    Jack Connolly - 23

Hard to understand how we can score 123 goals as a club but not have a single player score 23! Amazingly its Cummings first trip to the golden boot top 3

Name:  AWaRDS - team of year.png
Views: 871
Size:  787.2 KB

5 Players from other sides take advantage of our arse of a season to take spots in the awards that usually a Dons benefit

32. Pre Season 2025/26

Busiest window since 2019 seen huge changes to the first team depth and the amount of U20's too as we try and build a team capable of challenging for a Champions League

Manager Changes
    Patrick Vieira - Villareal
    Vincent Kompany - Basel
    Nuno Espirito Santo - Portugal
    Pep Guardiola - Porto

Wenger finally retired at 75 years old as Portugal manager, Never seen him stay in the game this long.

Season Targets
    SPL - Winners
    Scottish Cup - Win
    League Cup - Win
    Champions League - Quarter Finals

Plenty new faces in the squad but no changes to our expectations. Better than last season is the worst i'd take

Pre Season Prices
    Name:  prices.png
Views: 831
Size:  953.6 KB

Odds are shortened to 2.50. Celtic, Rangers & Hibs all have good transfer windows, Forfar, Motherwell & St Mirren expected to fight to survive

Aberdeen Transfers
    Name:  All ddons transfers.png
Views: 822
Size:  779.9 KB

As i said we were very busy but only 4 of these players go right into the first team squad, a few didnt get work permits

IN

Dave Barnett - MC
    Name:  IN Dave Barnett.png
Views: 823
Size:  950.7 KB

I am in no doubt what so ever that this is my best signing in the save so far. Only 22 and he's already got 24 caps with England. Dave was on my shortlist for years and in December i got an alert saying his contract was up in 6 months but he had no interest in joining. With 3 months and 1 month left i had the same experience, TBH i was stunned nobody had offer on him. So as July 1st passed i went right back to offer him a deal and with no competition for his signature i add a utter gem of a player

Juan Pablo Pesce - MR
    Name:  IN Pesce.png
Views: 812
Size:  939.5 KB

My plan was to invade South America, especially Argentina for the best youth players as its been far simpler to get a work permits and Juan Pablo is the pick of the bunch. Got a lot to move up as he starts as my 3rd choice MR

Nicolas Viscovich - AM
    Name:  IN Viscovich.png
Views: 807
Size:  950.5 KB

Not a position i was desperate for but the value was incredible. With Rodriguez in the U20s Nicolas will battle Frizzel to play off Klein up top

Anthony Redaelli - MC
    Name:  In a Redaelli.png
Views: 812
Size:  951.5 KB

This deal was made after Barnett rejected me back in December. Sadly his chances will be limited behind Barnett, Henrique and 2 home grown midfielders. Amazing to think this over a 17 time Italy international.

Youth
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-youth-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-3.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-4.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-5.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-6.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-7.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-8.png
    16 millions spent on these u20 players. Ramirez, Silva and Emerson all from South America get work permits something i learned last summer that its far harder to get a EU work permit. Due to that Michael Lang, Ibrahima Ba, Serge Aubame and Stellios Tsaousakis all leave on loan. Ramirez & Emerson stand out

Out
    A record £115m comes into the clubs coffers to put the clubs balance over £100m for the first time. Future add ons will bring in a extra £25-£35m plus a few have 40% of future fee's tagged onto that.

Joel Gomez was my best defender who i really did not want to sell but when a offer over £30m came in January i negotiated the deal to the end of the season. I forgot to replace him so have just had a player search to find his replacement. If the deal goes through then i will have made a deal that may be even better than the one we got Gomez on 2 summers ago. The next transfer was the first time i asked for the impossible and a team say's yeah ok! Strange after Joe Smith missed the last 5 months with injury and with my overflow of strikers one had to go so to potentially end up with £40m i was delighted. The final major transfer was Islam Gamal who i planned to make my long term back up wing back but a combination of not winning the champions league & his contract ending in 12 months left me flogging him to the highest bidder which WAS Monaco but after 2 weeks they couldnt raise the funds so in the next episode of bidding it was Arsenal vs Man City and he chose London. 4 More players left for very reasonable smaller fee's. Reda Bekakchi was a familare story of a back up player that never broke through. Was set to start with Gomez leaving but i could not turn down £15m for a back up. Nika Chania spent his life on loan and with 3 back up DR for Axel Hock at least one had to go and Nika was the only one to get offers so off he went. I had great hopes for Ondrej Jerabek but he could never take his chances when in the 1st team so he move to Schalke for a very small profit but 40% of his next transfer is ours. Finally Craig Hendrie was also very poor when given the chance last season so with so much exciting youth players joining and hopefully a classy CB joining soon he was surplus to requirements

World Transfers
    Name:  world transfer sjune.png
Views: 794
Size:  940.1 KB

Its a Regen world now. Former Dons Paul Hay & Tom Stephen moves for more money than i sold them for when they dropped out of favor at Pittodrie

Name:  world transfer july.png
Size:  942.3 KB

PSG mak a profit in the transfer window!

SPL Transfers
    Name:  spl trasfers.png
Views: 803
Size:  930.7 KB

Take out the Aberdeen deals Celtic "Torres" and Hibs "Connolly" sell there best players Rangers alos buy a Emerson for there first team as well as Pione Sisto who at only 30 could still do a job in the SPL. Celtic have a interesting summer spending nothing on Demarai Gray, Scottish international Graham McCann and Nathaniel Chalobah as well as a few interesting youths. Hearts make the signing of the summer adding Glenn Middleton a Scotland regular and then Hicham Saidi, a regen DL from Inter Milan.

Squad
    Name:  Squad.png
Views: 796
Size:  914.0 KB

Does this show what a great signing Barnett is or how great Hock is? Either way we had no Hock for the first 2 months of the season and our last regular DC Callum Dickson will be out till the new year so the new attacking players will have to carry the slack for now.

Youth team
    Name:  u19 Squad.png
Views: 795
Size:  912.8 KB

Looks like a big upgrade overall. exciting times ahead.

33. August

Fixtures

Dundee 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 dundee.png
Views: 691
Size:  648.6 KB

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
    Dundee 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 dundee.png
Views: 689
Size:  658.7 KB

Good win and its Hibs in the Quarter Finals

Aberdeen 1-0 St Mirren
    Name:  3 st mirren.png
Views: 687
Size:  666.2 KB

Jeez new team and its slow to take hold but a 93rd minute goal from Macauley saved our skins.

Aberdeen 4-0 Raith
    Name:  4 raith.png
Views: 690
Size:  663.3 KB

Morton 0-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 morton.png
Views: 681
Size:  669.5 KB

Amazingly it took till his 4th start of the season for Matthias Klein to score his 1st goal of the season. He quickly added goals 2 and 3 in his first good performance since he recovered from injury.

SPFL Table
Views: 683
Size:  929.8 KB

Were the last unbeaten team in the league. top 5 is as expected. League's best average player Knobloch was set to be my 3rd choice CB till Dickson went down for about 6 months with a serious viral infection "Darren Fletcher disease"

Champions League Draw
    Name:  CL draw.png
Views: 680
Size:  932.3 KB

Dropping from the worst 2nd seed to the best 3rd seed gets us stuck with Barcelona, who knocked us out of the Champions League in 2023 and for the second season in a row Bayern Levekusen who will be desperate to reply to the 6-2 thrashing we gave them in Germany.

August Transfers
    Name:  world transfers.png
Views: 678
Size:  935.5 KB

One in and one out from Aberdeen on the feature page

Scotland
    Name:  sco trasfers.png
Views: 691
Size:  944.4 KB

Missed out the main 2 Aberdeen moves we've already seen. Hearts did well to get £3m out of Craig Anderson and Celtic sold one of there top 2 strikers in Christopher Munro and Barrie McKay. Hearts sign a pile more players on loan from the Premiership 6 in total now and Hibs total spending ends at £8m

Aberdeen

IN

The new star CB, The man who couldnt get a work permit and the youngster. Martinez is the quality of player who will be plug and play in the SPL but vital for European nights.
    Name:  in 1.png
Views: 685
Size:  944.4 KB

Gonzalez would have been almost as good but no WP no party. I felt £3m was a good long term investment from Real's B team even if he never breaks through with us.
    Name:  in 2.png
Views: 678
Size:  936.6 KB

And finally Luiz is going right into the U20s
    Name:  in 3.png
Views: 667
Size:  951.0 KB

Out
    Two players leave along with the usual dozens out on loan. As you've seen Islam Gamal couldnt be convinced to stay and with Hock and Grangier both happy, for now combined with the huge fee's i was offered for him made the move easy. Up top i was hoping to keep Mario Manari for another year to boost his value but a quick £1m in the bank after 11 games i can now give Ramirez and Douglas the football they need

Scotland

Two games, if you want to call it that. I considered it a a warm up then the decider for top spot.

Scotland 7-1 Luxembourg
    Name:  Scots 1.png
Views: 667
Size:  648.6 KB

Frizzell showed me what my Aberdeen team have been missing from him this season with 5 goals in one game. Used this game to shake off the rust on some players with Belgium next

Scotland 2-0 Belgium
    Name:  Scots 2.png
Views: 677
Size:  682.8 KB
    we beat them in there own back yard so there was little doubt we could do the same at Hampden. Well actually there was plenty doubt but that was removed when Jack Connolly showed why he's taken over the roll as our nations top striker with 2 goals in the first 10 minutes of the half. A clean sheet tops off a great day for the country.

Table
    Name:  Scots table.png
Views: 669
Size:  837.1 KB
    The next few games are a minefield that we must avoid so we can try and secure the group before the last match in Wales

34. Autumn Phase 1

Going to change this up a bit. Will end each update with the international window for this stage of the save.

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-1 Hibs
Size:  665.9 KB

Champions League Match 1
    Aberdeen 5-0 Kobenhaven
    Name:  2 kobenhavem.png
Views: 600
Size:  681.0 KB

The poor Danish side will need a miracle to get a point from this group

Celtic 0-4 Aberdeen
Views: 599
Size:  680.7 KB

The Glasgow side were 2nd in the table and our most likely title challengers but after this demolition job they'll have to go back to the drawing board which will surely not involve starting Tyrone Mings, the one man open goal here in 2025 at CB

Betfred Cup Q/F
    Aberdeen 4-0 Hibs
Views: 596
Size:  683.8 KB

I kept it down to 4 back up players since we had a tough draw and must return the trophy to Pittodrie one more time. Hibs clearly have eyes on other competitions. We get Celtic in the semi's. Winner plays Rangers or Raith

Aberdeen 5-0 Forfar
    Name:  5 forfrar.png
Views: 594
Size:  682.2 KB

Champions League Match 2
    Barcelona 2-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 barca.png
Size:  668.0 KB

Our first big test of the season and we fell short, really need to look at the tactic's we use against the big teams. Barca had far more chances and the best of the game getting a goal in both halfs.

Aberdeen 4-0 Falkirk
    Name:  7 falkirk.png
Views: 595
Size:  676.2 KB

SPFL Table
Size:  998.3 KB

8 games and 8 wins but only 7 clean sheets. The changes we started to make in the summers are already showing positive signs. Behind us Rangers & Hibs lead the battle for 2nd with Morton slotting between Celtic & Hearts in the chasing pack. Nothing surprising in the bottom 4 except Raith perhaps but then again every time a team finishes in the top 6 out of nowhere there is the inevitable drop off next season.

Champions League
Size:  859.4 KB

It already looks like we'll have to beat out Leverkusen in the next two games if were going to reach the last 16 once again.

Scotland

Four games to go and we must win these two to have an advantage heading into a potential Welsh show down

Faroe Island 0-6 Scotland
    Name:  scot 1.png
Views: 591
Size:  672.5 KB

After a slow start Jack Connolly had fairly found his Scottish shooting boots

Scotland 4-0 Kosovo
    Name:  scot 2.png
Views: 588
Size:  637.3 KB

After loosing points in Kosovo i was very worried about this game and after a nervous first 80 minutes Aberdeen back up striker Ross Douglas hit 2 goals off the bench to all but book our spot at the world cup.

Table
    Name:  sco table.png
Size:  833.7 KB

So a win in Luxembourg will lock down top spot and a spot at the World Cup finals. Its in the bag!!! Isnt it?

ninjaskill likes this.

35. Autumn part 2

Perfect run! We beat Leverkusen twice and all of the big 5 teams we played.

Fixtures

Motherwell 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 motherwell.png
Size:  676.7 KB

Champions League Match 3
    Leverkusen 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 leverkusen.png
Views: 546
Size:  676.8 KB

Our biggest game of the season so far and in a very even game our defense did the job and Henrique struck the only goal of the game to put us in pole position for a spot in the last 16.

Betfred Cup S/F
    Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic
Views: 545
Size:  662.1 KB

After loosing the semi 2 years in the last 3 years so were not taking any chances and played the same team that beat Leverkusen.

And thanks to a penalty shoot out its Raith we'll play in the final

Hearts 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 hearts.png
Views: 551

My easiest match in this 5 game streak so had to rest a few players but still the back ups were more than enough

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
    Name:  5 Rangers.png
Views: 551
Size:  663.5 KB

Back to full power for our biggest match of the domestic season. Rangers are clear in 2nd spot as things stand and we want to keep our perfect start going. We dominated the game but Rangers put on a show in defense to keep us out. But once Henrique finally broke down the Rangers defense the floodgates opened and late strikes for Martinez & Douglas made sure our perfect start survives another week.

Champions League Match 4
    Aberdeen 4-0 Leverkusen
    Name:  6 leverkusen.png
Views: 544
Size:  668.2 KB

Our win in Germany set us up to secure 2nd spot if we could win here and win we did. Two goals in either half set us up for a quite routine win that will see us in the last 16 with 2 games to go.

Aberdeen 5-1 Dundee
    Name:  7 dundee.png
Size:  685.6 KB

Kept our strongest team on show at Dundee with a international break coming up.

SPFL Table
Size:  998.9 KB

12/12 and its our best start ever, not our best goal scoring season despite having 40 goals we've missed our usual 8-9 goal win in August that makes the difference. Celtic, Hibs and Morton close the gap on Rangers for 2nd. Bottom 4 are already getting cast adrift.

Champions League
Size:  860.6 KB

A top 2 finish is secured and now it leaves a tougher question. Do we play kids for the last 2 games and accept our fate, especially against Barcelona or go after the £1.2m win bonus the clubs get for winning a match?

Scotland
    November Fixtures

One win is all we need to secure a spot in the finals but 2 games without defeat will give us our longest unbeaten run ever, 12 games

World Cup Qualifier
    Luxembourg 0-4 Scotland
    Name:  Sco 1 luxembourg.png
Views: 541
Size:  596.0 KB

Connolly was only supposed to play a small part but a pre match injury to Douglas left him playing the full 90 minutes where he scored the goals that secured our spot in the finals in Canada

World Cup Qualifier
    Wales 0-2 Scotland
    Name:  Sco 2 Wales.png
Size:  680.4 KB

Our final game and we kept a strong side that failed to get a goal. With the last 20 minutes and the match still at 0-0 I made 2 attacking changes and rested Alan Granger selfishly for Aberdeen but it worked as Andy MacLennan and Ross Macauley came off the bench to score the goals that ended our best ever campaign ona high. We only dropped 2 points in Kosovo

Final Table
    Name:  Sco table.png
Views: 537
Size:  846.3 KB

Favorites Belgium finish in 2nd but qualify as a best placed 2nd spot. England are the only other British team to make it to the finals, World Champions Sweden only just sneak through. 4 time winners Italy fail to qualify finishing behind Holland in the group and only 7th in the 2nd place table with only 3 wins from there 8 matches.

36. League Cup Final 2026

Name:  league cup.jpg
Size:  37.2 KB

Raith Rovers vs Aberdeen
    Name:  Raith logo.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  7.5 KB Name:  dons logo.png
Views: 472
Size:  8.5 KB

This is without doubt Raith's favorite competition. Winning in stunning fashion in 1994 setting. There far bigger underdogs over 20 years later

Raith Rovers 1-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  match.png
Views: 467
Size:  641.0 KB

The final result looks as you would expect but look closer and you;ll see that Raith took the lead with John Caddis heading home the games first corner. By half time the game had totaly swung with a Klein hartick in 25 minutes before Henrique & Silva added insult to injury in the last 10 minutes to secure our 8th League cup win . Still yet to be beaten in the league cup, except on penaltys twice.

37. Winter

Fixtures

St Mirren 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 st mirren.png
Views: 407
Size:  687.6 KB

Champions League Match 5

FC Kobenhavn 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 Kobehaven.png
Views: 408
Size:  690.2 KB

We did make several changes but had more than enough in the tank to get the win and set up a decider with Barcelona in week 6

Aberdeen 3-1 Morton
    Name:  3 morton.png
Views: 405
Size:  666.2 KB

Hibs 1-1 Aberdeen
Views: 404
Size:  682.1 KB

And with that a perfect season ends. With Barca on Wednesday we had to rest some of our knackered players but even so it look like we were going to get a result until goalscorer Arrieta got a straight red card for attempted murder. Before we properly settle Hibs equalized and from then on to be fair both sides had chances to win it but neither took it. Still unbeaten

Champions League Match 6
    Aberdeen 0-1 Barcelona
    Name:  5 baca.png
Views: 405
Size:  660.8 KB

In a close fought game Barca took there chance when it came after we missed 3 clear cut chances. Barca take top spot were left with nothing but hope for a decent draw

Aberdeen 3-1 Celtic
    Name:  6 celti.png
Size:  683.6 KB

We didnt dwell on the Barcelona game for long as we get right back to business against Celtic

Forfar 0-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  7 forfar.png
Views: 403
Size:  677.1 KB

Aberdeen 7-0 Motherwell
    Name:  8 motherwell.png
Views: 402
Size:  670.0 KB

Falkirk 1-5 Aberdeen
    Name:  9 falkirk.png
Size:  673.2 KB

Rangers 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  10 rangers.png
Views: 397
Size:  645.6 KB

Our toughest domestic match of the season as we travel to closest rivals Rangers. Until i pulled out a rare angry half time team talk that shocked regulars like Lozano & Klein so much that they went on to score the games deciding goals in the 10 minutes after the break.

Aberdeen 5-0 Hearts
    Name:  11 hearts.png
Views: 398
Size:  668.1 KB

SPFL Table

We move 16 points clear at the top and are going for record points and any other record we can get our hands on. Little between Rangers, Hibs and Celtic but Hears are starting to fall away with Falkirk and Morton leading the race behind them for the final top 6 spot. Any of the bottom 4 could go down with Dundee sitting in no mans land in 8th.

Champions League Final table
Size:  860.3 KB

A clear 1-2-3-4

Champions League Last 16 Draw
    Name:  CL draw.png
Views: 397
Size:  831.8 KB

Lets be clear. There was no preferable fixture this season.

Scotland

World Cup Draw
    Name:  World Cup draw.png
Views: 398
Size:  832.6 KB

Utterly delighted with this draw considering we were the 4th seeds. We have a shot at winning this group.

TheBattman likes this.

38. January

Pretty simple month. Down to almost a game a week so a few grumpy faces at the lack of games but it gets serious after this with Celtic in the Scottish Cup and Bayern in the Champions league back to back

Name:  64 games without a goal.png
Size:  195.4 KB

Strange note i got through the news, not subscribed or shortlisted the player but when i read it it was to be one of the more amazing stats i've seen for a striker in this save

Fixtures

Raith 0-6 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 raith.png
Size:  663.0 KB

Dundee 0-4 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 dundee.png
Size:  665.2 KB

Aberdeen 5-0 St Mirren
    Name:  3 st mirren.png
Views: 369
Size:  681.3 KB

Scottish Cup 4th Round
    Stenhousemuir 0-3 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 stenhoumiuir.png
Size:  661.7 KB

Morton 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  5 morton.png
Size:  661.3 KB

SPFL Table
Size:  932.7 KB

The title is coming. We just need to try keep winning to overtake Rangers 35 wins in a season record. Speaking of them its starting to look like Rangers vs Hibs for 2nd as Celtic are tied with Falkirk for 4th with Hearts right behind in 6th. At the bottom its starting to look like a 3 way fight between Forfar, Motherwell & St Mirren

Transfer Window

Another busy window at Pittodrie where our spending hit £97m. We strengthen our defense, come close to breaking our transfer record on a 18 year old and buy even more u20 players

In

Ramiro Funes - DC
    Name:  in Funes.png
Size:  940.6 KB

We were relying on u18s or Adam Smith stepping back into defense. Callum Dickson has not recovered well from his injury and look a shadow of the player he was so i decided to go back in for the defender i planned to sign in the summer. Funes rejected us for not being a big enough team but i guess reaching the last 16 of the Champions league was enough to convince him to join. £11.5m was more than i like to pay but depending on how he or the youth develop we hopefully wont loose money

Matheus Micael - ML
    Name:  In Micael.png
Size:  960.0 KB

Amazingly this guy was sitting on a free. His wages are extortionate but at worse he is good enough to back up Lozano while Garcia develops but he should demolish SPL teams.

Xavi Garcia - ML
    Name:  In Garcia.png
Size:  935.1 KB

A rave review from the scouts who for once i'll credit with finding this guy. Already just 1 star behind Lozano at 18. Over £20m for a teenager thats not going to start right away will either come back to haunt us or be the best thing i ever did. Last time i gambled like this we got Axel Hock and that worked out pretty good.

In total 5 more youth players join the team. 2 go immediately out on loan
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-youth-1.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-2.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-3.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-4.pngAberdeen Back where it all began-youth-5.png

Out
    Two players leave from our selection of back up players. Firstly after finding Xavi and getting Micael on a free there was no place to Daniel Arrieta for £12m so i accepted a few offers on him and of course he took the lowest offer on the table and moved to Ajax. Also moving out was Jonny Wilson for £2.2m the wing back never really stood out for us and i've taken a bit of a risk in selling him to Celtic so we'll see him at least 4 times a year.

World Transfer
    Name:  world transfer.png
Size:  986.3 KB

PSG spend almost everything we spent on one player, Kai Havertz from Leverkusen

SPL transfer
    Name:  SPL transres.png
Size:  928.0 KB

Celtic sold there best center back. VERY quiet everywhere else.

PatrickLFC likes this.

39. February & March
    Champions League Last 16

Fixtures

Aberdeen 6-0 Raith
    Name:  1raith.png
Size:  678.0 KB

Aberdeen 3-1 Hibs
    Name:  2 hibs.png
Size:  642.2 KB

Scottish Cup 5th Round
    Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic

Champions League Last 16 1st leg
    Aberdeen 3-0 Bayern
    Name:  4 bayern.png
Views: 313
Size:  687.9 KB

A stunning night at Pittodrie seen us have our first great European night in a few seasons. Two back up players, Knobloch & Haskan scored the goals either side of the usual Klein strike. We deserved the result but were helped along the way by Josh Kimmich's red card

Aberdeen 4-1 Forfar
    Name:  5 forfar.png
Views: 311
Size:  701.6 KB

28 games and the last game of February into the season and we secure our 8th title in a row

Celtic 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 celtic.png
Views: 309
Size:  692.9 KB

This is the closest we have come to loosing points or a game in 2026 so far. Demariai Gray opened the scoring but Celtic's lead only lasted 15 minutes when Pesce pulled us level and took until the last 15 minutes for Ross Douglas to come on and score the winner.

Motherwell 1-7 Aberdeen
    Name:  7 motherwell.png
Views: 307

Scottish Cup Q/F
    Hamilton 1-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  8 hamilton.png
Size:  677.4 KB

The other top 5 teams are already out
    Name:  Scottish cup tree.png
Size:  877.9 KB

Bayern 2-3 Aberdeen
    Aberdeen 6-2 Agg
    Name:  9 bayern.png
Views: 308
Size:  699.2 KB

Are we onto something good? Bayern are not the european power house of years gone and came through the easiest group so despite two great results its too early to get excited yet.

No major shocks to be had at the other 2nd seed teams to win Real Madrid and Tottenham are regulars in the late stages
    Name:  CL results.png
Size:  845.2 KB

Aberdeen 2-1 Falkirk
    Name:  10 falkirk.png
Size:  668.4 KB

SPFL Table
    Name:  spl table.png
Size:  939.0 KB

With the title won its just league records. Rangers have moved 9 points clear in 2nd with Hibs, Hearts and Celtic fighting for 3rd. Falkirk will round out the top 6 when we split. Dundee & Morton are safe and have nothing to play for, Raith should be safe with St Mirren & Motherwell 3 points behind Forfar in the battle to survive.

Aberdeens target records for this season
    Hearts 132 goals - currently on 114
    Rangers league record 35 wins - currently on 30

Champions League Q/F Draw
    Aberdeen vs Man City
    Name:  CL QF.png
Size:  814.9 KB

2 French, 2 English 3 Spanish and Aberdeen remain. Man City will be our toughest game since we played Barcelona in the group.

Scotland Friendly
    Scotland 2-0 Morocco
    Name:  SCO match.png
Size:  634.7 KB

Our last game before the warm up games for the world cup.

40. Champions League Q/F stage

Fixtures

Hearts 0-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 hearts.png
Size:  634.8 KB

Champions League Q/F 1st leg
    Aberdeen 2-1 Man City
    Name:  2 man ciyt.png
Size:  680.6 KB

Will that away goal come back to haunt us? a great win non the less and we take an advantage down to Manchester

Aberdeen 2-1 Rangers
    Name:  3 rangers.png
Views: 264
Size:  677.4 KB

We had to rest a few players with a Man City game either side and after Rangers took the lead we had to resort to send on our 3 starting players off the bench to turn the game around and keep our winning run going.

Champions League Q/F 2nd leg
    Man City 4-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  4 man city.png
Size:  692.6 KB

We dominated the first half but the tie changed when Man City won a penalty in stoppage time of the first half. I believe if we had taken one of our chances the tie would be a totally different game. Sadly we were chasing the game after that and City tore us to shreads and walked on to the semi finals. I think that we've made maor progress this season and now the biggest question is how much of the team can we hold together and can we improve it for next season?

SPFL Table
Size:  934.6 KB

Champions League
    Name:  CL results.png
Size:  818.8 KB

PatrickLFC likes this.

41. I must come away from the save for a moment to say what a performance the real life Aberdeen at Hampden today. So unlucky to have lost to a 90th minute goal after being the better team for 70 minutes in what was one of the best Scottish finals in years.
    Last edited by stonecold; 28/05/2017 at 09:39 AM.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

42. End of Season

We went into the final game needing to win and score 4 goals. Needless to say you know this is going to turn out

Fixtures

Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen
    Name:  1 Rangrs.png
Views: 535

Second dropped points of the season as Rangers do there best to try and keep there most wins in a season to themselves

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
    Name:  2 Hibs.png
Views: 538

Aberdeen 7-2 Hearts
    Name:  3 hearts.png
Views: 533
Size:  682.7 KB

Here's the hope that will kill us in the race to 133 goals.

Scottish Cup Semi Final
    Aberdeen 5-0 Alloa
    Name:  4 alloa.png
Size:  666.7 KB

All the goals in the second half to set up a final with Morton

Aberdeen 3-0 Falkirk
    Name:  5 falkirk.png
Views: 531
Size:  681.9 KB

We must beat Celtic to be the first team to ever win 36 SPL games in a season and then score 4 goals to beat Hearts 132 goals record

Celtic 1-1 Aberdeen
    Name:  6 celtic.png
Views: 527
Size:  657.5 KB

And of course we did neither. This and the Man City game has been heartbreaking. We are so close but so far to the 3 things i want most. SPL record wins & goals and a Champions League title.

Final SPFL Table
    Name:  Final table.png
Size:  941.0 KB

43. Scottish Cup Final 2026

Name:  sco cup logo.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  10.0 KB

Aberdeen vs Morton
    Name:  aberdeen logo.png
Views: 497
Size:  8.5 KB Name:  Morton logo.png
Views: 498
Size:  6.4 KB

Aberdeen 3-0 Morton
    Name:  Scottish Cup Final.png
Views: 500
Size:  670.8 KB

After falling just short in all of our targets for the season 3 goals in the first 16 minutes secured our 6th treble in 8 seasons.

Great of Morton to bring over 20,000 fans. Shows how far they have come over the years.

PatrickLFC likes this.

44. End of Season 2025/26

Scotland
    Name:  Final table.png
Views: 442
Size:  941.0 KB

108 points is a new league record. 130 goals is as close as you could get to Hearts record but never mind. Next year we'll have to try and win 1 more game and score 3 more goals. 35 points behind was Rangers comfortably in 2nd spot as Hibs in 3rd finish a point clear of Celtic in 4th, a point clear of Hearts in 5th. Falkirk finished 6th on points, great job by them. Dundee, Morton and Raith finished the season strong a long way clear of the bottom 3. Forfar pulled clear of the bottom two with Motherwell suffering immediate relegation finishing 15 goals behind after they tied on points with St Mirren who go to the play offs..

Hearts 132 goals
    Rangers & Aberdeen's tied league record 35 wins

SPL Play-Off
    St Mirren 3-2 Partick
    Name:  SPL play off.png
Views: 451
Size:  678.7 KB

A stunning 2nd leg comeback keeps St Mirren in the top flight

Sco lower league
    Dundee Utd return to the championship while East Kilbride beat Albion in the League 2 Play off to finally get a crack at league football.

One Scottish team did take home some European silverware
    Aberdeen u20s
    Name:  U20 CL win.png
Views: 452
Size:  950.7 KB

Big League review
    Name:  big leagues.png
Views: 443
Size:  1.00 MB

Man Utd win the Premiership, yay!!!
    Real Madrid hold off a late charge by Atletico for the Spanish title
    Napoli retained the title and made it 5 seasons since Juventus held the title
    Leverkusen keep Bayern from the German title and are miles clear of the rest.

Surprise of the save is Louie Van Gaal. His near decade at Chelsea ends as he retires at 74 years young
    Name:  LVG.png
Views: 442
Size:  270.8 KB

Aberdeen
    Name:  Dons Squad.png
Views: 432
Size:  896.2 KB

Axel Hock and Jose Henrique fought it out over player of the year with Klein having a average season by his standards. Juan Pesce is the stand out new player from the team, pushing Pajic back onto the bench.

Axel Hock
    Name:  Awards fans award.png
Views: 440
Size:  295.7 KB

Feel sorry for Henrique not getting into the top 3. Goal of the season winner Redaelli got the award with his only goal of the season.

Aberdeen Finances
    £58m -£3m
    Name:  Finances.png
Size:  805.3 KB

Not a shock that with all the wages we were paying last year as well as the transfers and sign on fees that we overspent. Were outside Financial fair play but that should be sorted early on in the summer.

Other Competitions

Champions League
    Barcelona 1-0 Tottenham
    Name:  CL tree.png
Views: 440
Size:  818.1 KB

The only team to beat us twice this season won it all

Europa League
    Leverkusen 2-2 Lyon - Lyon win on Pens
    Name:  EL tree.png
Views: 441
Size:  815.8 KB

Scottish Teams in Europe
    Aberdeen - Champions League Q/F
    Rangers - Europa League Last 16
    Celtic - Europa League Last 32
    Hibs - Europa League Group
    Raith - Europa League Play-Off

European Rankings
    Name:  euro rankings.png
Views: 438
Size:  895.1 KB

5 seasons in a row of last 16 in the Champions League see us make a huge jump to the 12 spot in Europes top teams. Rangers crack the top 50 with Hibs & Celtic the only other teams in the top 100

Awards

SPL Player of the year
    Nicolas Viscovich
    Name:  Awards player of year.png
Size:  884.2 KB

Finally a 2nd striker i can rely on. Nice hairline for 23 too

Roman Knobloch
    Name:  Awards young player of year.png
Views: 432
Size:  884.6 KB

Not bad for a player i only discovered due to his hilarious name. 8th Aberdeen winner in a row.

SPL Top Scorer
    Matthias Klein
    Name:  Awards top scorer.png
Size:  938.2 KB

Klien takes his 7th golden boot. This time only thanks to the amount of games he missed.

Name:  Awards team of the year.png
Size:  795.9 KB

We get 7 players after 35 wins. sure!

45. Scotland World Cup 2026

Name:  canada logo.png
Views: 375
Size:  5.2 KB

The Squad
    Name:  sco squad 1.png
Views: 379
Size:  966.3 KB

Name:  sco squad 2.png
Views: 377
Size:  900.8 KB

The biggest story is our country's best player Ben McIlroy fresh from a £26m move to Man City misses the tournament with a damaged hip. Veteran wing backs Callum Paterson, Andrew Robertson and Oli Burke who have been here from that start might be looking at there last major competition with the spine of the team featuring Aberdeen players Dickson, Smith, Neil, Frizzell i should know what to expect from them. Very little has changed in this team in the past 18 months so i expect our best showing so far in major tournament

Warm Up Games

Scotland 4-1 Paraguay
    Name:  1 parag.png
Views: 375
Size:  700.7 KB

Scotland 2-0 Venezuela
    Name:  2 veneuela.png
Views: 374
Size:  681.1 KB

Two easy wins against the South Americans to boost morale and match fitness

PatrickLFC likes this.

46. World Cup Group Phase

Match 1
    Scotland 3-1 Ghana
    Name:  1 ghana.png
Size:  690.0 KB

A very confident start as we waltz into a 3 goal lead. very comfortable and even let some of the players get there feet up at the end

Match 2
    Costa Rica 1-1 Scotland
    Name:  2 costa rica.png
Size:  698.9 KB

Not as bad as our clash in 1990 but it could turn out to be as fatal. We put in an abysmal performance despite taking a early lead thanks to a Adam Frizzell goal. We hardly looked like getting a 2nd and it was Costa Rica who Scored with 20 minutes to go. A red card each right afterwards ended the contest meaning we'll need a result against Chile to make sure we reach the last 16

Match 3
    Chile 1-2 Scotland
    Name:  3 chile.png
Views: 304
Size:  686.3 KB

A far better display that was more in keeping with our last 18 months. We kicked off on a mission with Martin Neil scoring in the 2nd minute and Oli Burke making it two before half a hour was played. Erick Carrasco made a game of it pulling one back right on half time but even after loosing a center back to another red card we held on this time to secure top spot and a place in the last 16

Table
Views: 305
Size:  837.0 KB

Last 16 Draw
    Scotland vs Belgium
    Name:  Last 16 draw.png
Views: 305
Size:  806.0 KB

We beat them twice in qualifying so why not again? We did end up in the tough side of the draw although if we can finally win our first knock out match we could have a run to the final through Switzerland > Austria, thats a far out dream at this point however.

47. World Cup Last 16

Name:  WC.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  14.1 KB

Scotland vs Belgium
    Name:  sco v belg.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  12.4 KB

Scotland 4-3 Belgium
    Name:  match.png
Views: 298
Size:  709.2 KB

A save defining match in Hamilton Canada of all places. Two goals in a minute from Glenn Middleton & Adam Frizzell had us as usual ahead of Belgium. There new sensation up front Umit Olmez got his first goal going into the break to give Belgium hope. Not for long though as Ross Douglas making his first start at the World Cup made it 3-1. However Olmez once again dragged Belgium back into it before missing a few more chances sub Andy Maclennan makes it 4-2 to Scotland. We closed out the game comfortably enough despite Olmez completing his hattick right at the death it was too little to late and for the first time ever Scotland are in a Quarter final

Results
    Name:  QF draw.png
Views: 299
Size:  805.5 KB

The biggest upset would be Chilie knocking out Holland and they play fellow underdogs Brazil who beat the defending champions on penaltys. Safe to say no mega powers are playing each other at the quarter finals.

PatrickLFC likes this.

48. World Cup Quarter Final

Views: 285

Scotland vs Portugal
    Name:  Scotland vs Portugal.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  10.2 KB

Scotland 2-0 Portugal
Views: 284
Size:  670.7 KB

Our miracle run in this competition goes all the way to the Semi Final's! We had the better of the early going and took our chance with MOTM Oliver Burke scoring his 3rd goal of the competition. Portugal still never looked threatening as the first half came to a close Jack Connolly doubled our lead. At half time we put 2 more players in a defensive role to lock out Portugal in the 2nd half but the expected onslaught never really came. They did have the better of the 2nd half as you would expect but they never managed to break down our rock solid defense.

All Results

Semi Finals
    France Vs Scotland

France ended the hopes of a auld enemy Semi Final with a 1-0 win. Spain beat Croatia and Brazil beat Chile quite comfortably to set up the other semi finals

PatrickLFC likes this.

49. World Cup Semi Final

Views: 285

France vs Scotland
    Click image for larger version

Name:	scotland vs france.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	1117631

France 1-1 Scotland AET
    France 4-1 Scotland pens
Views: 286
Size:  698.6 KB

And that my friend is as close as you could ever get to appearing in a world cup final. France took the lead and when John McGinn got a red car i believed that was that but right away Ross Douglas equalised right on the half time whistle. Except for 6 booking little happened in the 2nd half or for that point in extra time either so it all came down to penaltys. My penalty takers were awful as there stats suggested. We missed 2 as France scored all 4. We still havea chance to finish 3rd against either Spain or Brazil.

All Results

50. The World Cup Final

Name:  Final logo.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  17.6 KB

France 0-1 Brazil
    Name:  Fianl.png
Views: 257
Size:  659.3 KB

The Brazilian's get revenge 20 years on from Ronaldo's nightmare final ending a 24 year gap between South American winners, the longest ever.

3rd Place match

Aberdeen Back where it all began-sco-vs-spain-logo.jpg
    This is what everyone was really interested in however

Scotland 3-1 Spain
    Name:  Scotland match.png
Views: 259
Size:  693.3 KB

Spain played a pretty strong side but we went full force, with Aberdeen players getting rested or starting action as required. To get 3rd spot we had to fight from behind after Santi Mina gave the Spanish the lead. A second Spanish player scored but Amo's strike was in the wrong net and we found ourselves ahead when Frizzell scored right on half time. Another Don Ross Douglas made it 3 to secure our place in history.

And there it is
    Aberdeen Back where it all began-cup-history.png

We also end the competition ranked 4th in the world

Name:  rankings.png
Views: 254
Size:  935.7 KB

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO