Like Tree47Likes

From Unemployed to best in the world?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Some absolutely fantastic signings in Zedalem, Dozzell, Cole and Slattery! Surely promotion this year!
    webby1999 likes this.

2. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png

First 4 games of the season
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture.png
    So 3 league games and one cup game hopefully we can win a few.

Burton (Away)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture1.png
    We set up on counter attack and Burton dominated the first ten minutes however they could not find a goal. But then we found two goals in the space of 15 minutes and took a 2-0 lead. Burton managed to get a goal back on the 35 minute but we took a 2-1 lead into halftime. Thomas Agyepong Scored in the second half to make it 3-1 and finish the game of. I was very happy with the performance for the first game of the season.

Peterborough United (Home) EFL CUP
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture2.png
    Today I slightly rotated the team to let players who were lacking match sharpness play as I was confident we could get a win today. We started on control as we were at home. The first bit of action was Gedion Zelalem getting injured on the 40th minute on his debut so that started well! It looked set to go in to half time at 0-0 but we managed to score a late goal on the 45th minute thanks to Adama Diomande. Sadly our lead didn't last for long as Alex Roles equalised with a first time shot inside the penilty area. So it was 1-1 at full time meaning the game went to extra time. The first half in extra time was dominated by Peterborough but they had no goal to show for it. However shortly after half time in extra time we got the goal we wanted with Adama Diomande scoring his second of the game making it 2-1 and that was the end result. In a great game we managed to come away with the win

Sheffield United (Home)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture3.png
    Setting up on control again for this game and a close range goal from Jon Deegan on the 33 minute made it 1-0. The next goal came on a 85 minute from Andy Cole which is his first goal of his Bolton loan spell. 2-0 up and we were plan sailing but Sheffield United managed to grab a late goal from Eoin Doyle.

Oxford United (Away)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture4.png
    After winning 3 games on the bounce could we make it 4 from4 ? I started on counter attack.and we got our first goal on the 18 minute thanks to Jon Deegan and we went in at half time. Deegan scored his second goal of the game just after half time Anel Ahmedhodzic got sent of at 47th minute. Ewan Jirbandey scored on the 54th minute with a volley. Eddie Nketiah scored Oxford 2nd on the 56 minute. Then after going 2-0 up we went 3-2 down thanks to Julian Ryerson penilty but then Jon Deegan scored his third goal of the game on 64th minute so Oxford were only leading for a few minutes. A mad second half continued thanks to oxford gifting us a penilty on the 70th minute and Deegan scores his 4TH of the game. On the 80th minute Oxford gave away the 3rd yes 3rd penilty of the game and Deegan has scored his five goal of the game and second on the penilty spot. At 5-3 I thought the game was safe but then there was one last goal with Oxford getting another goal to make it 5-4 in a crazy game. I did not see this game going this way! 8 Goals in the second half including 3 penalties mad right? Especially as we went a man down. A great game for Jon Deegan.

League table
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture5.png
    Such a great start to the league with us being unbeaten so far. Hopefully we can keep it up

3. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png

Unbeaten run continue?

A tough set of games a head and I'm sure we will lose at least one of them.

Two Records broken
    Because of the last match we had two records broken which is mental.

Carlisle United (Home)
    We started on control for this game and the first goal score in this game was our new left back Matty Foulds who scored a header on the 7 minutes. 9 Minutes later we scored a very similar goal with Ryan White scoring a header. We made it 3-0 in a shot outside the box on the 24th minute from Andre Dozzell and we are cruising at this time. we went in 3-0 at half time however there was a red card thanks to Thomas Rogne. The second half was nothing at we won 3-0!

Burnley (Away) EFL cup
    A Premier league opponent so we started of on counter even though Burnley haven't won a game so far this season and sit bottom of the premier league. Surprisingly we went 1-0 up due to a Jon Deegan goal on the 40th minute. We went in at 1-0 at half time. Burnley didn't reply until the 79th minute when a Harry Wilson header went into the back of the net. 1-1 means the game goes to extra time so for the second cup tie in a row we are going to extra time. Extra time was coming to an end when the man on fire Jon Deegan shot a first time shot passed the goalkeeper to make it 2-1 and amazing that is how the game ended a 2-1 victory away from home to a premier league opponent who would have thought it? Interestingly Jon Deegan took part in 37 games last year and only scored 9 goals however this season he has taken part in 6 games scoring 9 goals what a change.

Portsmouth (Away)
    So two former premier league teams face of and we start the game on counter. The game started of with john Deegan getting injured. Rory Donnelly scored the first goal of the game as the bolton defence did not seem to notice the player and we went 1 nill down. A injury and a goal down what else are we missing? a red card well luckily we got that as well thanks to Ritchie De Laet. Jonny Smith scored a second goal for Portsmouth so were 2 nill down and then just before half time it was 3-0 down Sam Baldock scored a goal. Olufela Olomola Scored a fourth goal for portsmouth after half time and then we got a goal back through David Wheater but really the game was dead.

Another transfer
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture6.png
    A backup left back from Everton as we only had one left back in our squad. Brought in for 175k

Manchester City Under 23s (Away)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture7.png
    Well we should get smashed here lets be fair and after ten minutes we went 1-0 down thanks to Luke Bolton. Yep that his actul name to rub salt in the sand. However the second goal of the game was scored by us with a free kick from Andre Dozzell going in the back of the net. After us leveling the game up Manchester City give away a penilty that Andre Dozzell slots two the left hand side of the goalkeeper and we go 2-1 up. On the 65th minute we seal a third goal thanks to Ronnie Davis. Amazingly we win the game 3-1.

League table
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture8.png
    So we sit in a strong second place but I'm not sure how long for.

Last edited by webby1999; 22/01/2017 at 02:41 PM.

4. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    6 Games 6 wins? I hoped we could continue are good form but would this be posibble?

Bradford City(Home)
    Playing after the win against Manchester City it would be nice to keep the run going. Ronnie Davis scored a great goal to open the scoring on the 11th minute and at half time we went in 1-0 up. After the break we scored with a former Arsenal man Gedion Zelalem who came of the bench following a recent injury so it was a great win to keep the positive results going.

Blackpool (Away)
    Blackpool are currently sitting 20th in the league so instead of going counter I've gone control and hoped it would work. Kingsley Usman scored for blackpool and at half time I didn't think 1-0 was that bad. After halftime the next goal was Blackpools with David Henen scoring twice in 20 minutes and Jack Payne scored the last goal to make the game a terrible result for us but a great win for Blackpool

Rotherham United (Home)
    Rotherham are fighting for promotion this season so I know this game is going to be hard. GREAT! 2 minutes in and are center back has been injured leading to Keith Jennings coming on to the pitch. The first goal came through Jerome Sinclair who actually played on loan for Bolton before we came here. After Jerome's goal Robbie Patten extended Rotherham lead but not for long as Callum Slattery and on loan Andy Cole scored to make the scores level. After half time we added a third! Andy Cole has scored again and now I'm flying. However this did not last as Keith Jennings got sent of leading to Robbie Patten scoring two goal and winning the game for Rotherham.

Crystal Palace Efl cup (home)
    Counter is the plan today as its a EFL cup game so hopefully we can not embarrass ourselves and not lose 7-0. A great start as we go 1-0 down thanks to Chancel Mbemba scoring a header. Adama Diomande levels it up as he has just come back from injury I was very happy with that goal. We did not hold a draw for long as Berkay Özcan scored to put Palace back ahead. At half time it was 2-1. John Swift made it 3-1 and Leonardo Morosini made it 4-1.

Colchester United (Away)
    I started of on counter and it didn't start that well with Mason Bennett putting Colchester in the lead. But after half time Ronnie Davis scored and made it level. Harry Beautyman score with 15mins left to properly give Colchester the win.

Crawley Town (Home)
    Nothing happened for 85 minutes then Harry Novillo scored for crawly and I think that wraps up the game. I was wrong we could salvage something from this game with Andre Dozzell scoring a great late goal.

It wasnt a great month
    Last edited by webby1999; 22/01/2017 at 07:39 PM.

5. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png

After a really bad run we have 4 games today and hopefully we can win some games!

Shrewsbury Town (Away)
    In a televised match we go away to Shrewsbury and we really need a win. Shrewsbury Town currently sit right in the relegation zone in 22nd place. Callum Camps scored a goal from inside the box on the 17th minute. Andy cole scored the next goal with shot slotted into the bottom corner of the goal. Were flying but sadly we have been brought back to earth when Matty Lund scored a long range goal to make it 2-1 on the 38th min. 2-1 up at half time and Im very happy we have played really well so far. On the 82nd minute Anel Ahmedhodzic got sent meaning Bolton are down to 10 men for the rest of the game. Luckily we managed to hold the game and win. Also amazingly after the game we got there manager sacked.

Accrington Stanley (Home) (Checkatrade Trophy)
    After managing to win the first game hopefully we could win the second game. We get of to a great start with Jon Deegan scoring on the 5 minute with a first time shot in the penalty area. Andy Cole scored a second goal on the 30th minute. Jon Deegan added his second of the game and making a 3-0 lead before half time at Bolton. Carl Stewart scored on the counter attack bringing Accrington Stanley on the 64th minute. We ended up wining the game which makes me excited as its 2 wins in a row.

Crewe Alexandra (Home)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-4.png
    Jon Deegan scored a great goal on the 24th minute to open the scoring but also continuing his great scoring record this season. after nearly 50minutes without a goal Adama Diomande put a first time shot into the back of the net. Jon Deegan scored 4 minutes after from a corner to make the game sealed.

Southend United (Away)
    Could we make it 4 wins from 4 in this update? Not a good start after 7minute Alex Samuel scores for Southend. We go in 1-0 down at half time however Southend did lose a player due to a red card at the end of the half. Jon Deegan scored a header from a corner on the 55th minute. But we only held on to a draw for 20minutes as Jon Guthrie scored another goal for Southend

We started in 7th in this update but have flown up the table with a good set of results we finish the update in 3rd

6. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png

5th games today with 2 cup games in this bunch

Leyton Orient (Home)
    Adama Diomande opened the scoring through a header on the 22nd minute. Jonathan De Bie scored a own goal on the 30th minute making it 2-0. on the 71st minute Adama Diomande scored his second of the game to almost seal the win. 3 minutes later Andre Dozzell scored a free kick as the goal keeper could not reach the goal. A near perfect game expect from the late sending off.

Wigan (away)
    Well this game was a bit boring. We got dominated in this game with 15-3 shots on target so we were lucky to even get a draw.

Wycombe Wanderers (home)
    3rd v 2nd so this is a really important game. it took 35 minutes for the first goal with Jon Deegan putting us in front. Jon Deegan added his second 2 minutes later through a penilty and Wycombe scored a goal just before half time through Paddy Madden. On the 70th minute we lost are lead as Wycombe scored through Wes Burns. Former Manchester United player Josh Harrop made our day worse by scoring for Wycombe to make it 3-2 on the 73rd minute. The game ended 3-2 so a bit disappointing considering we were 2-0 up at one point.

Wrexham (Away) (Fa cup)
    In the first round of the FA cup we come up against Vanarama National League side Wrexham who currently sit in 10th in there league. The first goal of the game came through a volley from Adama Diomande on the 32nd minute. We went in 1-0 up at half time and soon after summer signing Callum Slattery got a second yellow card. So we had ten men for the rest of the match. Luckily we managed to see out the game and win 1-0. A very solid performance defensively and we managed to win the game very happy as we progress to the 2nd round of the cup.

Rochdale (Checkatrade Trophy)

Aaron Collins scored the first goal of the match for Rochdale on the 23rd minute. Adama Diomande scored on the 36th minute to level things up. the game ended at 1-1 so it went to penalties and we won the game on penalties.

So an okay set of games and we sit 5th in the league still with a chance of automatic promotion.
    Last edited by webby1999; 01/02/2017 at 10:06 PM.

7. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    4 games to finish November and hopefully we can push into the promotion places.

Scunthorpe United (away)
    An away game against a team in the relegation zone. Jamie Hanson scored a close range effort on the 25th minute to put us on the lead. A very solid first half as we were leading at the break. After a fairly boring second half we managed to hold on to the narrow win so Im very happy.

NEW COACHING BADGES HOPEFULLY
    It has taken a while but hopefully I can gain my next badge.

Oldham Athletic (Home)
    After the a good last I was optimistic about this game. My optimism slowly went after conceding in the first minute through a goal from Anthony Koura. The game went from bad to when Tom Pike scored on the 18th minute from a free kick. Not a great first half but the second half could only be better. on loan Andy Cole scored through a penilty on the 88th minute to make it 2-1 and sadly that ended the game. So we lost not a great match.

Coventry City (Away)
    After a injury to Adama Diomande Andy Cole came on to the pitch. Andy Cole scored the first goal of the game on the 45th minute. Surprisingly that was the only goal of the game meaning we won 1-0.

Luton Town (Away)
    Devante Cole opened the scoring on the 41st minute putting luton in the lead and Ryan White brought the draw level. I thought we would get a draw but then Jamie Thomas scored for luton so we lost.

Not a great month but it can only get better.

8. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png

Four games in this update and two cup games so hopefully we can progress in the Fa Cup, Checkatrade Trophy and succeed in the Sky Bet League 1.

Doncaster Rovers (Home) FA cup 2nd round
    So a home game in the Fa cup and it could possibly turn into a Premier League opponent in the FA cup 3rd round. We dominated the first 40th minute and Jon Deegan scored from an open goal thanks to a rebound to put us 1-0 up. The next goal came through former Ipswich Town player Freddie Sears and his volley levels the scoring on the 71st minute. The game ends 1-1 meaning there would be a reply. It was not a great game as we dominated the game and didn't get the result we deserved.

Oldham (Home) Checkatrade Trophy 2nd round
    The first knock out game of the Checkatrade Trophy and hopefully we can progress. Oldham Athletic currently sit in 3rd in League 1 so its going to be a tough game. Adam McDonnell opened the scoring on the ninth minute meaning we had a mountain to climb to even get back into the game. Thomas Agyepong scored on the 26th minute bringing the game back level which made me very happy. Matty Foulds put us 2-1 up on the 70th minute and the left back got a bit of help with the goalkeeper messing up the save. Lee Angol scored for Oldham through a counter attack goal on the 75th minute. The game ended 2-2 and it went to penalties. We both scored our first pens then Oldham missed 2 pens in a row and we managed to score 3 pens to win the game. a 4-1 penilty win so I was very happy with the win and we go into the next round.

Burton Albion (Home)
    A tough game today as they are third in the league. No action in the first half and we went in 0-0 at half time. It took 21 seconds into the second half for Burton to lead. Morgan Gibbs-White slotted in the goal. It ended in a loss and it was not a good game but hopefully we could improve next game.

Doncaster Rovers (Away) FA cup 2nd round replay
    This game is a must win especially after drawing the first game. We went 1-0 down on the 11th minute and Kyle White scored a header. Luckily Callum Slattery scored a goal on the 28th minute to level the game up. Callum Camps scored on the 45+1 minute. So We managed to turn the game around and went in 2-1 up at half time. Ryan White scored on the 50th minute to extend are lead and this meant we had a cushion. On the 52nd minute Marcus Harness managed to grab a goal back for Doncaster Rovers to make it 3-2. After having a comfortable lead Freddie Sears scored for Doncaster to level the game to 3- 3 on the 56th minute. Kyle White put Doncaster in the lead on the 67th minute so from what I though was a comfortable lead we managed to blow it away. So we managed to lose the game after going 3-1 up so I was devastated

Sheffield United (Away)
    After a set of bad results I needed to boast our confidence with a win so hopefully this could happen against Sheffield United who currently sit in 22nd place. Sadly we didn't get off to a good start with Louis Reed scoring on the 4th minute. Ryan White equalised through an open goal on the 18th minute. Sheffield United go another goal on the 26th minute through James Bennett and Josh Barrett added another goal on the 37th minute. Andy Cole scored on the 53rd minute to make it 3-2. So we lost the game 3-2 and I was very disappointed as I thought we could win this game

So this month was not a great month and we are 10th in the league so we really need to win some games in the next update otherwise the sack might be on its way.
    Last edited by webby1999; 04/02/2017 at 11:21 PM.

9. WARNING THIS POST IS IRRELEVANT SEE NEXT POST AS IVE MESSED UP SORRY
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    4 home games hopefully 4 wins. Especially after a bad few games.

Milton Keynes Dons (home)
    Andre Dozzell scored the first goal of the game on the 15th minute and he has been on fire since we signed him for 300k at the start of the season he is now valued at 1 mill so good business there. Mk dons replied through a counter attack on the 36th minute with Giorgio Rasulo scoring. After leading the game we go 2-1 down with James Scott scoring on the 58th minute. Former Southampton man Sam Gallagher scored to make it 3-1 to Dons and on the 88th minute he scored again to make it 4-1. Not a good game and we must improve soon or face the sack.

BOARD MEETING
    After a poor run of games
    Only wining 1 game in the league in 6 league games we get called into the board.

So we have 1 month to save our job and I believe we can do it. Starting with Bury at home

With the board on my back the players wanted to join in as well

Bury (Home)
    After 37th minutes Andy Cole scored a shot from inside the box which was lucky as it looked like we were going to go in 0-0 at half time. James Vaughan managed to spoil are hopes of a clean sheet and leveled the game up on the 58th minute with a shot from outside the box. Needing a win I brought on another striker and put Ronnie Davis up front. Putting two attackers up front didn't work as Samuel Shashoua scored for Bury to make it 2-1. The game ended in a loss which is worrying as we really need to win some games if we want to get promoted this season.

Exeter (Home)
    Change of tactic
    Moved to a more defensive tactic after the bad form.

From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture9.png
    The new tactic seemed to work with Exeter only having 1 shot on target in the whole of the first half and Andy Cole managed to score late in the half to put us 1-0 up at half time. On the 66th minute Adama Diomande scored from the bench after returning from injury to make it 2-0 and at this point we were flying. The tactic worked and it ended in a positive result.

Oxford (Home)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture10.png
    The last game of this update and could we take confidence from the Exeter game and win the oxford game. The game started well with Jon Deegan scored on the 21st, 22nd and the 29th minute. Yes he scored 3 goals in 8 minutes. So after 29 minutes the game seemed finished. On the 81st minute Oxford got a goal back thanks to former Norwich man Cameron Norman. A 3-1 win so a very good game.

From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture11.png
    So not a great update but it improved when the games went on and hopefully we can return to the play offs soon
    Last edited by webby1999; 11/02/2017 at 09:20 PM.

10. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    PROBLEM ALERT DUMBASS ALERT

Yes Im stupid I didnt save after posting the last update so I will have to play the games again. Im going to change the tatic to the one I decided to use last update and also just show you the results for the last game.

After 3 bad games we had a meeting with the board and they gave us a month to save our job

Not a good update and IF I wasnt so stupid I would of saved the game the first time I exited the game and would of got way better results

11. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png

5 games to end of january if we even make it before getting sacked.

Carlisle United (away)
    We start the run of with a mid table clash against Carlisle United. We took the lead through Jon Deegan on the 2nd minute through a volley and surprisingly that was how the game ended. We started on counter as away from home and it worked a treat very happy with the game.

Portsmouth (Home)
    Next up a home game against Portsmouth and we started on counter as it worked well in the last game. Also this game would mark my 200th in management so after the game were going to look at a few of my stats. The first action was a penilty on the 20th minute which we gave away but luckily it was saved and we started a counter attack with Andy Cole scoring to put us in the lead. Ryan White A substitute scored on the 90th minute and Bolton went 2-0 up and that sealed the win.

200 GAMES IN MANAGEMENT!!!
    The stats show that we have won nearly half the games we have played in and we have also scored a more goals than we have conceded.

Tranmere Rovers (Home) Checkatrade Trophy
    Andy Cole scored the first goal of the evening with a cool passing move on the 29th minute. Gedion Zelalem scored Bolton second goal of the game from the penilty spot on the 51st minute. Adama Diomande added to the scoreline in the 82 minute and killed the game off. A very strong performance against a league 2 opponent and we progress further into the Checkatrade Trophy.

Bradford City (Away)
    After a good few games hopefully we can push for playoffs with a win against Bradford city. Andy Cole IS ON FIRE NAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hasn't quite got same ring to it but Andy Cole scored on the 16th minute and that is his 3rd goal in 3 games. Callum Slattery added the second of the game to minutes later. Lars Veldwijk Scored a late goal for Bradford but it was to late for them to add an equaliser afterwards.

ADDITIONAL GAME
    Stoke City Under 23s Checkatrade Trophy
    Due to our last win in the Checkatrade Trophy we play Stoke in the North quarter final today. I expect to lose as Stoke should have a good youth set up. Louis Thompson scored the first goal for Stoke. The former Norwich man hit the strike on the 21st minute but also HE IS 27 YES 27 in an under 23s team how does that work? 28 year old Sofiane Boufal added the second of the game for Stoke on the 81st minute. We lost the game 2-0 so it wasnt to bad.

Blackpool (Home)
    For the last game in this update we face Frank Lampard managing Blackpool. Andy Cole opens the scoring on the 25th minute with a close range shot going past the keeper . Jamie Hanson added the second goal of the game and his second goal of the season with a shot from outside the box going in on the 31st minute. Jamie Hanson added his second of the game from a free kick shortly after half time and Jack Redshaw replied quickly with a goal for blackpool on the 59th minute. Jack Redshaw Then added his second of the game to bring the game to 3-2. The game finished 3-2 with a good result for us and that moved us into the playoffs.

So we sit in 6th only 7 points of an automatic promotion spot but I think that we are unlikely to achieve that. What do you think?

12. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png

A change of plan
    Im going to change the way I produce these updates instead of doing a commentary of the game I'm going to do a overview of the games.

Fixtures this update
    6 games which will hopefully push us higher up the table

Rotherham United (Away)
    A great win against a team which were top of the table when we played them but thanks to ANDY COLE scoring 4 goals we won 5-2.

Colchester United (Home)
    A solid win and although we didn't score a lot of goal we kept a clean sheet and continued this mental run in the league.

Crawley Town (Away)
    Another game another solid win. Against a relegation threatened side we managed to score to goals either side of half time to win the game.

Shrewsbury Town (Home)
    3 Games without conceding! A fairly interesting game with Shrewsbury having more shots but Ryan White scored after coming of the bench to seal the win.

Crewe Alexandra (Away)
    Crewe were a newly promoted side who currently sit in 9th place so clearly not a bad team and they brought are winning streak to a end however we did managed to grab a draw.

Southend United (Home)
    Not a bad game however we did go behind twice and only managed to grab the win late on. The Own goal Alex Samuel scored sealed a weird hat trick with one goal being in the wrong net!

League table

So after being miles behind the automatics we have managed to bring ourselves back into contention however my main focus is sealing a play off spot.

13. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    10 game 10 cup finals

YES ITS A MONSTER UPDATE WE NEED TO WIN AS MANY AS POSSIBLE IF WE WANT TO WIN AUTOMATIC PROMOTION.

Leyton Orient (Away)
    A great performance and after going behind we managed to seal a well deserved victory with Thomas Agyepong scoring

Wigan Athletic (Home)
    A poor performance with wigan scoring twice early on and we were not able to get back into the game

Wycombe (Away)
    Another poor result with no goals in two games being worrying for us.

THE SCOUNTHORPE GAME WAS REANAGED FOR LATER IN THE YEAR SO NEXT GAME WAS OLDHAM

Oldham (Away)
    we scored 2 goal withen the space of 3 minutes to put us 2 nil up and a late goal from oldham made it 2-1

Coventry City (Home)
    A late goal sealed us the win in what looked like a 0-0 draw.

Games so far
    With 5 games left we are still in contents for automatics but weve been offerd a job interview.

Name:  Capture8.PNG
Views: 663
Size:  4.5 KB
    Burnley sit in the relegation zone in the prem but as stated in the rules I have to take every job interview im given.

Scunthorpe United (Home)
    So with no reply to whether I've got the job or not we face Scunthorpe.
    This game was a nasty one with Bolton getting 2 red cards but still managing the draw.

We didn't get the job which is what I expected.

Exeter City (Away)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture12.png
    Managed to win the game through to late first half goals and Exeter managed to grab one back byt ut was not enough to win the game.

Luton (Home)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture13.png
    A bad game with 5 goals in the first half but only 1 going are way.

ANOTHER JOB OFFER
    Name:  Capture14.PNG
Views: 662
Size:  5.5 KB
    This is not a great offer as they currently sit in just above relegation zone.

Bury (Away)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture15.png

I Have no words and dont know why we cant win

POSSIBLE TAKEOVER
    Name:  Capture16.PNG
Views: 660
Size:  5.9 KB

MK dons (Away)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture17.png
    The first half was great but the second half wasnt so great.

Finished league table
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture18.png

So not a bad finsish and hopefully we can do well in the playoffs
    Last edited by webby1999; 16/02/2017 at 01:20 PM.

14. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    PLAY OFFS
    SEMI FINALE

in this update we will be playing through the semi finale of the playoffs

BUT FIRST
    BOLTON HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER AND THIS IS BAD!!!
    So we could be sacked.

The first leg
    An away leg first and hopefully a win last time we played we lost 5-1 so hopefully it can only get better

Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 647
Size:  11.9 KB
    We went 1-0 up through a free kick from hanson and that was his 6th goal of the season.

Name:  Capture4].PNG
Views: 642
Size:  27.6 KB
    Steven Cooney replied fairly quickly for bury through a lovely goal scored inside the box
    Name:  Capture5.PNG
Views: 646
Size:  19.6 KB
    Bury did not stay level for long as Bolton scored again on the 44th minute through a goal from Thomas Agyepong.

I was very happy with the perfromace at half time

The second half flew by and we managed to grab the win

The second leg and a draw would do.
    A boring first half being 0-0 but it means at the moment we are going to be going to the final of the playoffs.

Name:  Capture8.PNG
Views: 643
Size:  17.7 KB
    Just after half time Deegan scored a rebound effort and we went 1-0 up meaning bury have to score 3 goals to win the game.

Name:  Capture9.PNG
Views: 644
Size:  56.5 KB
    Thomas Agyepong added a second to seal the game for bolton but late on hinchliffe scored to make it 2-1

Full time and we managed to win both games and go through to the play off final see you there : )

15. Play off finale
    So this could be our last game at Bolton can we get promotion? Will we fall at the final hurdle?

So weve kept our job however our contract runs out at the end of June so if we don't get offered a new deal we will be on our way very soon anyway

THE FINAL OPPONENTS Blackpool

After going down to league 2 in 2015/16 they won promotion back to league 1 in 2016/17 and then stayed mid table for 4 years before making a play off push these year.

This season we've played to games V blackpool and won 1 and lost the other,

TEAMS

Frank lampards team chose to line up in a 4-5-1 where Bolton went for a 5-2-3. Im looking to catch Blackpool on the counter.
    The first half was boring nothing happend with only 3 shots on targets

The first goal came on the 92 minute yep that right the playoff final was a boring game and it went from boring to bad when Jack Redshaw scored from a shot inside the box.

So the game was awful especially as Blackpool only had 2 shots on target

So we finished the season on a bad result but hopefully next season will be better whatever it will will hold

16. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    Ok after a few days of were back with a new season and this update is a transfer special as i've finished August and next update will recap the first few games.

Transfers

Transfers in

Timi Elsnik From Derby 700k- 7.5kpw
    A great right wing who is now are first choice winger.

George McEachran Chelsea 450k- 2kpw

George McEachran is a good center mid/ center attacking mid. Hes got good vision and good technique infact he is good around.

Augustin Bangoura- 150k - 5.75kp

Another good midfielder who has better stats than George but slight problem he didn't gain a work permit which i didn't realise at first.

Transfers out
    Callum Slattery- Derby- 3.2mill
    Yep our star man left and this was OUT OF MY CONTROL. The board sold him.

So not a bad transfer window Next update first few league games

17. Bolton Start of 2022/23 season
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png

Luton Town (Away)

The first league game of the season and we drew after going be hind.

Northampton Town (Home) EFL Cup
    A great 2-0 win. With two goals in the first half but in the second it was a boring game however we did get a sending off in the last game.

Portsmouth (Home)
    Another game at home and another win very impressive with goals from Callum Camps in the first half and on loan striker Andy Cole scoring late on as well as Thomas Agyepong to give us the win.

Oxford United (Away)
    A wensday away trip to Oxford proved difficult as we were 2-0 behind in the first 10 minutes however thanks to a very late penilty from Andy Cole we managed to seal the win.

Grimsby Town (Home)
    After a string of back to back promotions for Grimsby they got relegated last year from the championship but Bolton were to good for them sealing the win through a Thomas Agyepong goal.

Reading (Away) EFL Cup
    From playing a newly relegated team from the Championship to playing a team actually in the Championship and it started very positively until we conceded a late on to give reading the win.

Nottingham Forest (Home)
    A game against former championship team Nottingham Forest and they came out victories with two goals late on sealing the win for Nottingham Forest.

Tranmere Rovers Checkatrade Trophy (Away)
    What a game 9 goal thriller and to think we were 3-0 up at half time in fact we never went behind in this match but it was a close game in the end how weird

Not a great start to the league but it can only improve especially as we haven't got the EFL cup to focus on.

Last edited by webby1999; 26/02/2017 at 11:56 AM.

18. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    Wake me up when september ends!

Hello im back sorry for the delay,
    Ive been thinking that we need to change the format of these updates as it takes a long time for me to write them up so im going to trial a format I used early on in the story and let me know which format you prefer.
    My aim now is to get at least 3 months of games every week out.

September
    September was a difficult month. We managed to score quite a few goals but also managed to concede a lot and sadly we could not win the games. The first game a 1-0 loss to Oldham started positively and we even managed to to have more possession than Oldham but they we lost to a goal on the 69th minute. The next game a 3-2 loss to Brighton we went 1-0 up after 1 minute but blew it all away conceding 3 goals and we ended up losing the game. Aingest Shrewsbury Town and Plymouth Argyle we also managed to coneede 3 goals and we lost both games. the last game against Wycombe Wanderers was similar to the rest we went ahead on the 3rd minute but Wycombe Wanderers scored twice in 1 minute on the 19th minute to put them ahead. We then manged to level the game up through Andy Cole but before half time we managed to go behind again and went in at the break 3-2 down. After 65 minutes I thought the game was over and we would be going the whole of september without a win but how wrong was I two goals late on sealed our first win in the league in 6games.

After a bad month we sit 15th in the league which isn't great considering I want promotion this season however It could be worst Colchester United haven't won a game yet! after ten games!.

Squad report
    Some very good average ratings in the squad but we have a problems with some fringe players who are not playing at all and I may have to look to sell them next window.

19. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    October

Not a bad run of games but it is a heavily congested month

So a good month only losing 1 game and getting back on track to getting to at least the playoffs. The Sheffield United game was an action packed game. For the Liverpool under 23s game we managed to grab a narrow win which is a real confidence builder. The Wigan and charton games were both close encounters but we managed to grab a win. There are two draws against Crewe and Southend and the month started positively then ending on a low month with us losing to Bury.

League table

So we are slowing climbing up the league table and next month we start in the FA cup.

20. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    Things are on the rise?
    November

A very full month with lots of games but first an FA cup game against King's Lynn Town. So should be an easy win but we used a second team. However still we should have enough to win the game.

HOWEVER

Yes that's right we lost King's Lynn got 2 penalties given, by this time I had already made my 3 changes so going overload and tacitly pushing everyone up field didn't work. We lost to King's Lynn. Unsurprising the board were not happy.

Im getting to good at being called into the boardroom

From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture..png
    But even after arguing that we had a hard run of games and to be fair we had only lost 2 of our last 9 games we got given the sack.

So another club to come?

21. Job offers

It didn't take long for alot of interviews heres a few examples.

Attachment 1108860

A job offer
    After searching high and low and abroad I got given a job offer by Wolves but decided to take a week delay to see if any other jobs came about

I got give another contract offer but it wasnt very appealing

WEVE SINGED A CONTRACT
    NEXT UPDATE CLUB INFORMATION

Last edited by webby1999; 24/03/2017 at 09:39 PM.

22. From Unemployed to best in the world?-wolverhampton_wanderers.svg.png
    ABOUT Wolverhampton Wanderers

So I;ve taken charge of Wolves and have brought a lot of the staff from Bolton with us as they were actually better than the Wolves staff.

Wolves have not been very good in the league or in the cup. We are rock bottom in the league and also crashed out in the EFL cup.

Squad report
    A good squads with some players I recognize including Ryan Bennett, Former Norwich player. Sergio Romero former Manchester United. Josh Sims Southampton wonderkid and a few other player. The best player questionably is Jack Price is a center mid who has been at Wolves all his playing career expect from a few loan spells. A problem with the squad is

Tactics
    I'm planning on playing a 4-1-2-1-2 with the hope that the midfield will dominate. It worked at Bolton Sort of.

Fixtures next update
    The rest of December next episode and then there will be a transfer window so I can bring in some players and put my spin on the squad.

23. From Unemployed to best in the world?-wolverhampton_wanderers.svg.png
    A tough December

Our first few games

The games were always going to be tough but losing so many of them was not a good sign and I knew we needed to add depth to the squad and some quality. Although there were lots of negative games we did manage to beat Huddersfield 3-0 who where challenging for a playoff spot. Huddersfield only had 9 men on the pitch at the end so we may have had luck on our side in that game.

League table
    Sadly not good reading were 8 points from safety so we need to turn our form around quick.

Next Update January and February
    A lot of Championship games and at least one cup game in the next update hopefully even some transfers!

24. From Unemployed to best in the world?-wolverhampton_wanderers.svg.png
    January and February

2 Very tough months which could shape the rest of the season.

January Transfer Window

Alex Pritchard 1mill 26kpw
    The former Norwich winger was brought in from Burnley for a reasonable fee. The reason I brought him in was he had premier league experience and this may help in a relegation battle in the championship.

Marcus Edwards 220k 12.25kpw
    A very good cam who has had a good start at Wolves. The former Spurs reserve player was a player I wanted to sign when I was at Aston Villa and Bolton but at the time he Demanded crazy wages and Spurs wanted 2-4 million.

Thierry Ambrose 4mill 26.5kpw

Remember this guy?
    I brought him in for Villa and he was became a sensational player after I left. So when i had the chance to bring him to Wolves due to him being transfer listed on transfer deadline day it was a no brainer. 4million is a lot of money but he might just be enough to help us survive.

Transfers Out
    A few transfers out. Really only players who didn't fit into my plans or players who asked to leave.

First 4 games in January
    3 league games and no wins but there was a positive cup result. We were very lucky with an own goal in the Blackpool game to give us a draw. But the team performed very well in the Barnet which Marcus Edwards scored his first goal for the club through a penalty. The next game was the only loss of the run. There were very little positives to take from this game and we lost 3-0 but amazingly we had the same amount of shots on target as Cardiff. The last game of this section was against Ipswich and we were very unlucky not to beat our fellow relegation candidates as we had slightly more possession and shots but could not register a goal.

3 completely different games
    The next three games were completely different firstly the Leeds game in the Fa Cup which we managed to get TWO players sent off and unsurprisingly lose after going ahead. The next game against Bristol City had goals galore but sadly we were smashed 5-2 which I don't think was deserved as the stats looked even. But the last game saw a big win and Blackburn never looked like winning the game.

The final games of February
    Four games and a fairly good run. A point against mid table Fulham was a good result but for much of the match it looked like a win until they equalised late on. The Walsall game was a solid 2-0 win with both goal coming through new signing Marcus Edwards. The next game was a 2-1 win against Hull which was very similar to the last Walsall game . And finally a narrow loss to Barnsley who are pushing for promotion to the premier league.

Overall a very good few months and although we are still bottom we are closing the gap on the teams above.

25. From Unemployed to best in the world?-wolverhampton_wanderers.svg.png

12 games to end the season

March
    Our first game in march was an away game against Reading. We went ahead early in this game and Reading equalised before Wolves creating a win. Next up was a 2-0 loss against derby at home with Wolves dominating the game but losing 2-0. In the game Derby had 7 shots while we had 21 but couldn't get the win. The third game was another loss against Preston however we ended the month with a 1-0 win against Leeds due to Jarrod Bowen scoring in the first minute. Not a bad month but 6pts from 4 games wont keep me up

April and May
    Going into this run of fixtures we were still in a relegation zone and it would be crucial to win as many games as possible.

First game was a 3-3 draw with millwall and we bottled the game after going 2-0 up meaning we effectively dropped 2 points. Next game was a 4-0 loss to West Ham who where fighting for promotion at the time and absolutely smashed us. Next game was a 3-1 loss to QPR and at this point I thought we were going down. However our form turned around in the next game was a 2-0 win at Birmingham which was the only game we didn't concede a goal in in April. The next game was a 3-3 draw with Middlesbrough and we went ahead 3 times in this game so should probably have won the game but a late goal in the 91st minute ment we dropped 2 points. Next game was a 3-2 win against Sheffield Wednesday where we were lucky to get a win. 2nd to last game of the season was a 2-3 loss to Watford followed by a 2-2 draw against Rotherham United to end the season and to be fair by this point we were already relegated.

END OF SEASON

League table

So we went down but wernt bottom so that was a bonus. Blackburn and Blackpool joined us in the bottom 3 while West Ham and Cardiff go up.

Player stats
    No Wolves players to be seen here.

Wolves season review
    Not a great season to be fair.

So League One next season.

26. Mr kRp0's Avatar Mr kRp0
    Reserve
    nice story mate.. would like to see more regular updates

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12