Like Tree47Likes

From Unemployed to best in the world?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. From Unemployed to best in the world?

Unemployed Journeyman save
    Hello Im back and this time its a slightly different save idea. I start with no coaching badges and sunday league rep and my main aim is to become the best manager in the world.
    Aims
    Become top of the hall of fame
    Win a domestic league title in 3 different countries
    Win the champions league with 4 different teams
    Win 3 trophies in one season
    Manage in 5 different countries
    Manage an international team
    Win the world cup

Rules
    No use of ingame editor or disabling attribute masking (You must scout players you
    I must start with no coaching badges and sunday league rep.
    I may only stay at a club for 3 years at a time (I may go back for a second spell at a club but only if there is a different club in between for example Manchester city (2020-2022), West brom(2022-2025), Manchester city(2026-2028))
    I must not apply for a job if I'm currently employed (My leave current job first, )
    At any point if a club approaches me I have to take the interview.

If you would like to play along please feel free.

There is different hall of fame challenges out there but not sure which one was the ceartor and also this one is slightly different to all the rest.

Next- Meet Webby

2. Webby Plays

Webby Plays

From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-my-profile-profile.png

Look at those stats! So looks like I have a bit of developing to do before I become the best manager in the world. I can only speak one language so that could be a problem when moving to foreign countries. But the thing I will do after joing my first club is ask if they will allow me to do a coaching badge!

Countries loaded
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-game_-_unemployed-game__-game-add_remove-leagues.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-game_-_unemployed-game__-game-add_remove-leagues-2.png
    Its quite a big database so hopefully will not be to hard to find a job!

So next up finding my first job

3. So I have applied for 3 jobs but would I get an interview?
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox.png

First email back
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-2.png
    So im not going to Galway United but what about the other two?
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-4.png
    So I had interviews with the icelandic and welsh clubs but would I get a contract?

From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-5.png
    The first contract I got back was from Cardiff Metropolitan University but I decide to delay to see if Grindavik would get back to me.

I did not get an other from the other club so I decide to enter contract talks with Cardiff Metropolitan University. Or at least I thought I would but stupid me realised that I was going into a amature club and to be honset in a country were litraly everyone else was semi pro there was no way I would be able to keep the club up as were not paying any players I know I should of checked that before going for the job but I learn from my mistakes.

So I needed to search for some more jobs
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-6.png
    So I applied for two jobs and straight away I got an turned away from Derry City. To be honest I didn't think I would get that job and the reason was the interview process was already over however my application was received for the Finn Harps (Who are bottom of the irish league)

From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-7.png
    So my third job interview is upon us. But would i get the job?

From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-8.png
    No

So I need to apply for more jobs
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-9.png
    Another two jobs applied for and straight away I was turned down by the german team but would I get the ÍF Leiknir Reykjavík job?

From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-10.png
    Oh what a surprise I wasnt the right person for the job

So yet again I need to try and find more clubs!
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-11.png
    Two more clubs and there is a possibility that with Rosenborg Ballklub we could be in the euro cup (There currently in the Play offs)
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-12.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-13.png
    Well I didn't get a job interview for either

From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-14.png
    So my first jobs i applied for in england but would I get a job?

I got an interview for the tranmere job but got turned down.
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-15.png

BUT I GOT OFFERED A JOB!!!!!!

From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-16.png

And now to negotiate

From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-17.png
    So its a short time job with the aim of keeping the club up.

Next update meet the squad!
    Nurquidi98 and Nosibor like this.

4. Name:  download (1).png
Views: 3490
Size:  9.8 KB
    Dagenham and Redbridge

The Club

From Unemployed to best in the world?-dagenham-redbridge_-profile.png
    So the club were relagated from league 2 last season after a long stint in the league.

But so far this season how have they been doing ?
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dagenham-redbridge_-senior-fixtures.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-vanarama-national-league_-overview-stages.png

Well not great being 23rd and only wining 2 games all season! at the moment they look like relegation candidates but can I turn it around?

Well lets see the squad Im managing!

Goalkeepers
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-elliot-justham_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-mark-cousins_-overview-profile.png
    The first choice is going to be Mark Cousins he looks like a great player for this level and has expirance at league 1 level in the past. He has got some good stats as well!

Defenders
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-craig-robson_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-curtley-williams_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-frankie-raymond_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-jack-bainbridge_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-jimmy-shepherd_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-joe-widdowson_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-josh-staunton_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-ollie-hawkins_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-scott-doe_-overview-profile.png
    So a long list of defenders and definitely some quality in there! Shout out to Ollie Hawkins who fancies himself as a bit of a center back and a target man!

Midfielders
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-andre-boucaud_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-corey-whitely_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-fejiri-okenabirhie_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-jordan-maguire-drew_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-kellan-gordon_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-leo-donnellan_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-luke-guttridge_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-luke-howell_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-matt-robinson_-overview-profile.png
    So some great young talent in this team and I may be able to sell them on for some money. There is a lot of wingers who can play up front so that good.

Attackers
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-chris-assombalonga_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-jakub-berkowicz_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-paul-benson_-overview-profile.png
    So some good attacking players as well!

Next update our first few games in management!

5. Name:  download (1).png
Views: 3213
    First games in management

So I started of a with a game in the fa cup on the day I got appointed
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dag-red-v-woking_-overview-overview.png
    So a good win against working and it shows are intentions for the rest of the season. I was surprised how well the players played especially as I had literally only just become the manager.

Macclesfield Town (Home)
    So a game at home against Macclesfield Town and to be fair it should be a win to kick start our league campaign
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dag-red-v-macclesfield_-overview-overview.png
    So a 4-1 win and it was solid with 15. Jordan Maguire-Drew getting two goals was the highlight of the game and we nearly kept a clean sheet if it wasnt for that own goal.

Aldershot Town (Home)
    Our third game in management and are 3 game at home will it be our 3rd win?

From Unemployed to best in the world?-dag-red-v-aldershot_-overview-overview.png
    So a narrow 1-0 loss and it was all because of a penalty

Forest Green (away)
    So our first away game would it be a win?
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-forest-green-v-dag-red_-overview-overview-2.png
    Not quite! The biggest defeat so far.

Guiseley Home (Fa Cup 1st round)

So a fa cup game but would we win?
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dag-red-v-guiseley_-overview-overview.png
    So after going 1-0 down in the first minute we turn it around and win!!!

Gateshead(home)
    To end this run of results a home game against Gateshead could we get win
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dag-red-v-gateshead_-overview-overview.png
    So a draw in the last game which is good

Next episode more games
    Last edited by webby1999; 21/11/2016 at 05:10 PM.

6. Name:  download (1).png
Views: 3183
    So 7 games in this post but could we improve on our first set ?

From Unemployed to best in the world?-dagenham-redbridge_-senior-fixtures-3.png
    So one point in 7 games not great but I feel after january we will improve as I can sign some much needed new players. To be fair some of the games were close for example the first two games York and Maidstone both away games and we lost both 1-0. After Maidstone we drew with Barrow and then lost against Torquay, Carlisle, Dover and Margate. We crashed out in both cup competitions so it wasnt great.

League Title
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-vanarama-national-league_-overview-stages.png
    So we are 23rd in the league but I'm sure we can turn it around and according to the board all I have to do is stay up I can do that right?

Financial update
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dagenham-redbridge_-finances-summary.png
    65k in the bank but we are currently running at a loss per a month but hopefully I can get better results which brings in more fans.

7. Name:  download (1).png
Views: 3107
    It can only get better!

So after last time out I stuck with that tactic for one more game then moved to a 4-3-3
    The results
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dagenham-redbridge_-senior-fixtures-2.png '

So a great set of results and I cannot quite believe that its such a good turn around due to the new tatic but I can complain

From Unemployed to best in the world?-vanarama-national-league_-overview-stages-2.png
    So we are climbing up the league slowly and I think we can stay up

From Unemployed to best in the world?-dagenham-redbridge_-finances-summary-2.png

Debt!

Nosibor and matthewauck93 like this.

8. Name:  download (1).png
Views: 3000
    Sorry I've been busy so still trying to do as many updates as possibly,

The fixtures
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dagenham-redbridge_-senior-fixtures.png
    So were doing solid and hopefully can mid table by the end of the season. In the games there was an amazing 5-4 win a bit like a certin game in the premier league irl this weekend. Lets hope the good form continues !

Financial
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dagenham-redbridge_-finances-summary.png
    200k in debt but im sure that will mend its self!

Nosibor likes this.

9. Name:  download (1).png
Views: 2911
    10games to go!

A masive update to day to secure our position in the league this season and after recent form it should be esay!
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dagenham-redbridge_-senior-fixtures-2.png
    9 games gone but with a tricky set of results are we staying up?

From Unemployed to best in the world?-vanarama-national-league_-overview-stages-2.png

So with one game to go we need to win to secure promotion but could we do it?

Our opponents
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-woking_-overview-profile.png

A tough team to play but could we win?
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-dag-red-v-woking_-overview-overview.png
    We drew and thanks to alot of results going our way we stayed up. JUST
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-vanarama-national-league_-overview-stages-3.png
    Next update NEW JOB? Or do we get a renewed contract?
    Last edited by webby1999; 28/11/2016 at 06:49 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

10. Name:  download (1).png
Views: 2899
    So I have resigned!
    My contract was running down and I wanted to do my next coaching badge but the board will not let me so I left
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox-2.png
    But was it the right choice?

Next update my new job
    Nosibor likes this.

11. Fantastic result to keep them up, to think you only had 13 points when you took over so you did a really good job! Surely there will be a better team out there who will pick you up following last seasons efforts
    webby1999 likes this.

12. Waterford United

My New Job
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-1024px-waterford_united_fc_logo.svg.png
    Waterford United
    Another short term contract this time in Ireland. Other the last 20 years they have floated from the Irish prem to the second division.
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-webby-plays_-inbox.png

The league has already started and we are sitting 2nd bottom but points wise were not far of the play offs.

From Unemployed to best in the world?-irish-first-division_-overview-profile.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-waterford-united_-senior-fixtures.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-waterford-united_-senior-fixtures-2.png
    So with 14 games to go we are 4 points of the playoffs we can deffo achieve that right?

Finances

DEBT again
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-waterford-united_-finances-summary.png
    We are getting use to this know!

Next update Squad report
    Nosibor likes this.

13. Waterford United Squad report

Overall I would say I've got a good squad so I'm going to give you a brief squad report now and then a proper one at the end of the season (I joined half way through the season)

Goalkeepers
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture.png
    2 Goalkeepers so we could be in trouble if one gets injured but there is a very solid young goalkeeper as you can see so if we stay for 2-3 years he might replace our current goalkeeper!

Defenders
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture2.png
    A wide range of quality defenders to chose from!

Midfielders

From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture3.png
    A lot of potential in the midfield so hopefully they can bounce us up the league!

Attackers
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture4.png
    Only 2 out and out attackers so we will probably play 1 up front but a couple of the wingers can play up front if needed!

Next episode our first few games
    Nosibor likes this.

14. So sorry for lack of updates I will get the next update out soon

15. Im back

Sorry for delay,

It all started so well but

Ended badly so we pick up points against Athlone Town, Finn Harps and Cobh Ramblers but sadly lose the other games! I think I may of made a mistake coming herre in the first place tbh but you learn from your mistakes!

Transfer in 2 more transfers

Jack Bayly Loan
    Not a bad player but definitely not the best in the world and only in on loan so wont stay long

40. Jonathan Creamer (The cream)Free
    I solid back up at cam and st also my first nickname for the series!

Hopefully a better set of results next time out!

Nosibor likes this.

16. From Unemployed to best in the world?-1024px-waterford_united_fc_logo.svg.png
    AMIX BAG?+ END OF SEASON
    So going into our last 7 games not much was expected of us but could we turn something around.

Well four wins from seven games not bad! and we are definitely improving

Squad report

Some good players in there and if I had a full season Im sure we would of got higher up the league

League table and stats
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture1.png

YOUTH INTAKE

From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture5.png

Not sure why ive got so many good players or maybe my teams so bad that these players look good but are not actually that amazing? Maybe the games worked out Im doing a journeyman save and I can stay and watch these players develop

What should I do next move on or stay?
    Nosibor likes this.

17. Good bye

I left the job as there was no new contract on the table so where should i go next

With lots of jobs avalible im sure it wont be two long before i pick up my next job
    Nosibor likes this.

18. I'm loving the positive vibes from your write ups. I don't know how you have been so patient. You've deserved 2 contract offers after saving both clubs. Good luck.
    webby1999 likes this.

19. Quote Originally Posted by AlexMiguel View Post
    I'm loving the positive vibes from your write ups. I don't know how you have been so patient. You've deserved 2 contract offers after saving both clubs. Good luck.
    Im still happy and cant wait for the next club update in a bit! Thanks for the comment

20. The best job I've had yet?

Name:  TNS.png
Views: 1035
Size:  61.1 KB

I join the welsh club, on a 6 month contract half way through the season and they are currently sitting top of the league. Meaning a possibility of Europe next year!

Squad report

Goalkeepers and Defence
    Some solid options here with 2gks and another in the youth team the defence looks solid especially Steven Saunders who has even had a cap for Scotland!

Midfield
    Some really good midfielders. Ive had Kyle Copp before on my gateshead save in fm15 He was mental so hopefully can be a helping hand to us.

Attackers
    A few good attackers and I think the role we are going to be playing is poacher as they all like poacher!

Results
    so as mentioned before they have already played a lot of games in the league and cups

Fixtures left to play

BTW the Welsh league follows the Scottish league format with splitting the league in half so there are a few more games to play than on this list! (If that makes sense)

From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture6.png

League table as it stands
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture7.png
    So were ahead by a lot so its my job to keep it that way

New coaching course!
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture8.png

If I've missed anything just ask and Ill give you some screenshots!
    Nosibor likes this.

21. What happened to the previous manager? Strange that a club in 1st place would not have a manager.

22. Quote Originally Posted by AlexMiguel View Post
    What happened to the previous manager? Strange that a club in 1st place would not have a manager.
    Craig Harrison left for newport county spose he didnt like winning every game
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture9.png
    AlexMiguel and Nosibor like this.

23. Name:  TNS.png
Views: 1102
    An unbeaten start!

As expected we had a very good start with 5 wins and two draws.

17 points clear at the top and nobody is going to catch us!

Finances are strong with us being 400k in the white.

So a real good run and next up will hopefully be back when we win the league!
    Nosibor likes this.

24. Name:  TNS.png
Views: 1069
    End of Season
    So at the end of the season we won the league by a landslide. Sadly we could not win any other cups so something to aim for next season.
    Wes Fletcher wins top goal scorer and scored 8 in his last 6 in the league.

Not a bad season but I need to win a cup next year! I would also like to go slightly futher in europe.

Squad report
    Some really good player performances in there especially Steven Saunders a great right back who scored 11 goals and 9 assists from RIGHT BACK!

Finances are still loking strong and will only get stronger when all the competition money comes in.

1Year extension on my contract!
    So ive signed a new 1 year deal as I want to try and stay here longer and further my career
    Last edited by webby1999; 02/01/2017 at 10:54 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

25. Name:  TNS.png
Views: 1030
    New season New signings and surprises

Transfers
    After a long pre season we have signed a few players

Ross fitzsimons will be a very solid keeper for years to come and definitely strengthens that area as our other back up keeper is old and not very good
    Jan holdack is a good center midfielder and a bit surprised he was willing to come to the club however he has got a low release clause which is a bit of a shame
    What a player! the last transfer and a great deal! As with all of these they were all free transfers but Josh Ginnelly is definitely a cracking player. Sadly again he has a low minimum release clause the only way I could get him to join the club.

Players leaving
    So a few players leaving on free transfers but this is mainly because 1. there not being played or 2. The new signings are better than them 3. They wanted more money and I didn't think there worth that
    Fixtures

So the champions league qualifying

We crash out to a very good opponent and sadly due to the draw I couldn't of expected anything better
    TheBattman and Nosibor like this.

26. Name:  TNS.png
Views: 930
    Start of league season
    So we start the league season with some cup games and some league games and I am looking to bounce back from the poor european games.

So a great set of results and honestly we are dominating this division right now which to be fair you would expect us to do. Some of the best results are against Airbus UK and Bala Town who made up the top three last year. The draw against Airbus was great becasue after going ahead we went 2-1 down then 3-2 down and in the end managed to draw the game!

So top of the league and we are hopefully going to increase the gap at the top other the next few games. Hopefully we can keep the unbeaten run going as well and maybe in the future win the games by a few more goals as although a 7 goal difference is good I would like more.
    Nosibor likes this.

27. Name:  TNS.png
Views: 867

A big update

Happy new year I hope you all have a great year and sorry for the lack of updates over the festive period hopefully this massive update will make up for it.

The fixtures
    So we played to a lot of games in this update and there have been a few rough games in this month however there have been more wins than loses so that is a positive. We have played a lot of cup games in this month and managed to win the majority of them however we did eventually crash out in the Scottish challenge cup to Kilmarnock who are a really good team.

League table
    So were not top of the league and we need to improve. However we are only 2 points of the leaders and a postive about not running away with the league is that it will be dramatic towards the end!

Finances
    We are in the white! and I'm happy but a bit worried that we will drop into the red as 100K is not much money to work with!
    Nosibor likes this.

28. Name:  TNS.png
Views: 861
    Back to usual form?

So 9 games in this update and hopefully a sign that our season is getting back on track. In the eight games we end of the regular games of the seasons have a few cup games and hopefully a cup win!

The fixtures
    Only one lose and 7 wins! meaning we have started to hit top form which is what you expect from TNS. The final win is a highlight for the club as it marks a cup win!

Finances
    The finances are not looking great we are 32 grand in debt which is a big change from last update and probably means we will do little business in january! PROPERLY the key word there!

We may have one signing about to happen.

He is on trial currently but I'm trying to get him in permanently a good player don't you think? Sorry for the pun!

Lastly as you may no if a job interview is given to me I must at least take the job interview so we could be heading back to england!

They are 24th in league 2 so if I get offered the job it will be a tough task to handle!

Will I take the job?

29. Name:  TNS.png
Views: 838
    A dramatic end of a season

Since the last update we have had many job interviews however were still at TNS at the end of the season.
    Would we win the league?
    Would are form continue?

Firstly Good has come from my transfers I signed Curtis Good

The fixtures

As you can see from the results it was a good run of games however if it wasnt for the 3 draws and 1 loss we would have won the league by a mile however it actually all came down to the final day of the season Airbus lost to Bala while we beat Aberystwyth Town. In this set of fixtures we have also won the JD welsh cup.

Competitions
    So out of the five competitions we entered we won three and matched every objective we were set. The highlight of my season was the win against Hibernian.

Squad report
    So Max Hazeldine has scored more goals over the season than games he has played. Top assists maker is Josh Ginnelly and clearly my new signing last summer was worth it.

So its the end of the season and Ive decided to not renew my contract and resign. I think I can move back into the English leagues and move up the career ladder.

Last edited by webby1999; 02/01/2017 at 08:45 PM.

30. New Club incoming
    I've found a new club and will put a big update out soon but for now I'm going to give you some clues to which club I've joined.

Darren bent has played for this club
    The club has had a long history and they were founded in the 1870's
    They have won the fa cup 7 times
    They have had a former scotland manager manage there club!

See if you can guess the team

31. Aston Villa?
    webby1999 likes this.

32. derby
    webby1999 likes this.

33. New Club New Challenge

I cant believe we have got this job after 6 months of looking.

The club are currently 22nd in the championship and were a premier league clubs a few seasons ago.

So the club is
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-aston_villa_logo16.png

Aston Villa

Im so surprised I got the job and I got 6,250 a week which is a big wage increase from last time.

From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture10.png

So its a year and a half deal and possibly could lead to me getting a better job.

My Manager Stats

From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture11.png
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture12.png

So its been a fairly good career so far and I'm definitely improving with every job.

Aston Villa Squad report

Goalkeepers

Two keepers and Kamara is my main goal keeper he has a lot of potential and Aston Villa brought him from Tours FC.

Defenders

The Defence is a bit weak and has a lot of loan players in so I might need to look to strengthen it in January. The permanent defenders are quite old so I may need to invest in some young players if I want the club to succeed in the future.

Midfielders

There is a lot of depth in the midfielders especially the wingers and in fact I might need to sell some as I cant keep all of the midfielders happy.

Attackers

Okay it looks bad but some of the midfielders can play as attackers so there is more depth than there looks like.

Results

So the results so far are not great however we are still in the EFL cup so that is a positive. Im sure we can improve.

As mentioned earlier we are in the relegation zone.

Fixtures

So a lot of games to go in the season and hopefully we can move into mid table.

Dannybell2011 and dave8721 like this.

34. NOVEMBER TO DECEMBER UPDATE

So a tough run can be seen but towards the end we were improving there were definitely some lows including the thrashing we were given against Nottm Forest. The two wins against Ipswich and Rotherham were due to a tactical change I made and that was great because it shows my tactic change paid off. The loss against Qpr was expected as they were in the playoffs but I’m sure we can build on all of the results in this run of games,

League table

Still in the relegation zone but only by 3 points so we can definitely survive this season luckily, At one point in the run of games I thought we were going to struggle to stay up but now I’m more confident.

A bit of money in the transfer kitty but not so much in the overall balance I'm going to buy players in january as I want to make the team my own.
    Last edited by webby1999; 04/01/2017 at 07:38 PM.
    TheBattman likes this.

35. Good luck at Aston Villa. That's a big step up at this stage but have confidence you'll do well
    webby1999 likes this.

36. Andre Green is a baller on FM, make sure you keep him!
    webby1999 likes this.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Stuartsays View Post
    Good luck at Aston Villa. That's a big step up at this stage but have confidence you'll do well

Thanks its deffo a big step up

38. Quote Originally Posted by Stuartsays View Post
    Good luck at Aston Villa. That's a big step up at this stage but have confidence you'll do well
    Not just a step but a big bloomin leap!
    webby1999 likes this.

39. Sorry for dely in updates

There will hopefully be one tomorrow when we start and end the january transfer window!

40. Just been through this, superb work, was a bit disappointed you left your first two post so early into your reign but it seems to have paid off now. Great work getting the tns post and the success youhad there
    webby1999 likes this.

41. From Unemployed to best in the world?-aston_villa_logo16.png
    "I made some mistakes in January"

In this massive update I'm going to go through 3 Months of games and a very unsuccessful January transfer window.

Transfer Window

First the outs

So we sold a few players. The noticeable one would be Modou Barrow who did not have a good half season with us so I felt 4.4 mill was great as we made a profit from when the last manager brought him. We also sold James Chester as he is getting old and was not getting game time.

Transfers in

Ive messed up and I will explain after you see the transfer what has gone on.

So two good players

Aymen Abdennour a solid back up center back and is from tunisia and sadly this meant I needed a work permit which means I made a mistake as I hadn't realised the work permit was rejected meaning I signed someone I couldn't use so I have loaned him out to a Polish team called Lechia Gdańsk

The next player Thierry Ambrose is a great player and a cheap deal however sadly I hadn't noticed that he had already played for 2 clubs this season meaning I couldn't play him

Sorry for making these mistakes but I'm sure they will both be great players for the club next season!

January and February

January was a great month as we only lost 1 game however we did also only win 1 game so there are a lot of draws in this month. The Fa cup was a particular high point beating Reading. February was not such a great month and although we managed to take Southampton to a reply in the fa cup 4th round we didn't do great in the league we won 2 in 6 games and really need to win more as we were still sitting in the relegation zone at this point.

March
    A bad month not even a goal scored for us.

League table
    Its a dier situation going to take a miracle stay up and will probably be sacked

If anybody has got any advice please tell me

Hopefully updates will be out more regularly now.
    Last edited by webby1999; 15/01/2017 at 06:15 PM.

42. April to May

After a very bad start to the adventure at Aston Villa Im hoping to try and save the season.

So we won 3 of 8 games and drawn 1 sadly it was not enough to save us and this means we got relagated.

So Middlesbrough won the league and Brentford came second. With Burton and Millwall joining us down in the relegation zone. So Overall not a great season and we got relagated but would we get the sack?

The board call us in for a meeting and they tell us we have 5 games to gain 8 points! This means Ive got 5 games get 8 points in league 1 so this should be essay. Im slightly worried they will sack me by the end of may as there is no games for a few months.

43. From Unemployed to best in the world?-aston_villa_logo16.png
    Start of 2020-21
    So a new year new transfer and new objectives

Objectives

Wow there not asking for a lot! I've got to win the league reach the 4th round of the Fa cup and also 3rd round in EFL Cup. So its going to be a tough season but I'm sure we can do it.

Transfers Outs
    A few big outs with Jordan Veretout leaving for a crazy amount of money as although he was a great center mid he is not irreplaceable. A few first teamers left on frees as they didn't want to renew their contract but I got most people to stay by saying if we didn't go up this year I'd sell them.

Transfers in

Shane Long free transfer 17.75kpw
    The former Southampton center forward comes in at Villa on fairly high wages but will be my second choice striker this season so hopefully he can bang in a few goals

Mohamed Diamé free transfer 14.5kpw
    Former Hull, West ham and Wigan center mid has come to strengthen the midfield options

Anders Konradsen free transfer- 6.75kpw

A center Midfielder who was playing regularly for celtic before being released has moved to Aston Villa!

Iké Ugbo 1.6mill - 12.5kpw
    A former Chelsea player who will be are first choice forward this year. He scored a lot of goals for Wigan last year.

Giedrius Arlauskis free transfer- 2.45kpw
    A back up goalkeeper who will properly not be played a lot unless our fist choice gets injured

Mihai Marius Andrieş Loan

A cam we got on loan for backup

Im happy with the transfer but maybe I need to sign a few more players If i can.

Fixture list
    From Unemployed to best in the world?-capture10.png

Some bad fixtures and some good ones in there but will we make it till the end of the season?
    Last edited by webby1999; 17/01/2017 at 02:37 PM.

44. From Unemployed to best in the world?-aston_villa_logo16.png
    5Games 8 Points Simple
    So we have 5 games and 8 points needed to save my job and I was sure that we would definitely do this.

Firstly a few transfers out

So I let another player go for free and also sold the great youth prospect Kevin Holcroft as he was causing trouble in the dressing room. Hopefully now the dressing room will become happier.

5games
    Simple 4 league games 1 cup game and we must get 8 points but do we?

No sadly although there are some positves all the new transfers ment that it took a few games for the team to work and it also didnt help that I changed formations. Despite the negatives Thierry Ambrose scored 4 in three games so that was positive. However I think my Aston Villa tenure is over!

BREAKING NEWS!!
    We were sacked and granted this job didnt go that well maybe next time It will go better and sadly Ive still only got national A licence. Anyway on to our next job

45. Nearly 7 months later I've found a new job

A new adventure in England is my next job.
    The team are a well known english team who have been struggling over recent years.

Welcome to Bolton!

From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png

So we have signed a 2 year deal with Bolton and honestly after the Aston Villa sacking I thought we would not get another job in England for a while but here we are.

Bolton history

So in the game they have been in league 1 for 4 years and have always been close to the playoffs but have never made it. Throughout this time there has been 4 sackings at the club but hopefully I can change this with a push for promotion this season

This season
    So after a very strong start they have fallen of and not won a game in 15 games and not even won a game in the new year Hint were now in late march so that's bad. The games remaining looks okay so hopefully we can push for the playoffs.

Squad report

Goalkeepers

3 great goalkeepers and with the two back ups being at former premier league clubs it shows there is definitely a lot of strength in the goalkeeper postion. Cameron Dawson has only conceded 34 goals in 30 game this season so clearly he is a good player.

Defenders
    Were a little bit weak in this postion as shown by the star ratings but there are some cdm that can be turned into cb.

Midfielders
    Again a very average midfield with a lot of good players but not may great players however there are some great youngsters.

Attackers
    A few good strikers and Jon Deegan will properly be my first choice attacker just becasue of that potential.

Next episode the first few games

Last edited by webby1999; 20/01/2017 at 11:56 PM.

46. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    First few games

Charlton Athletic (Home)
    So our first game was a home game and it didn't start well we went 2-0 down within 25 minutes and then I realised my tactic was not working.

The tactic I was using
    A weird formation right ? Well It worked at the end of my Aston Villa career sort of when my 4-5-1 stoped working

However today I decided to change my formation to 4-5-1 as I hoped that would make my defence stronger. Luckily it worked and we managed to get a 3-3 draw! Very happy with my first game in charge.

Fleetwood Town (Away)
    So an away game against Fleetwood who were in 22nd placed turned out to be an easy win after going 1 nill up I switched from attacking to counter to kill of the game and it worked really well.

Chesterfield (Home)
    A great game and we went attacking from the start to the end. Only managing to score one goal which is a bit disappointing. It was a close game with 52-48% possession to Chesterfield we also both had the same amount of shots and shot on target so at the end of the day we did well to win the game.

League table
    So after a unbeatean 3 games we remain in 9th postion but are getting closer on points to the playoffs so hopefully if this run continues we can make it to the playoffs again.
    Next update next 3 games

BTW if you pefer the new way I'm presenting this let me know If you would prefer me to go back to the old format let me know as well.

Last edited by webby1999; 20/01/2017 at 04:41 PM.

47. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    3 games of the last 6 games of the league are in this update but could we get into the league postion?

Sheffield United (Away)
    Sheffield United are in 5th place and a very good team and they were to good for us after being absolutely humiliated in are first lost in charge of Bolton.

Southend United (Away)
    So a must win game as we lost the last and with us playing a good mid table team we managed to lose again a second defeat in row its now crucial to win the next game. The red card didnt help but Alex Samuel was on fire and this was the seccond game in a row which has had a player score 4 goals in a game

Burton Albion (Home)
    So a great game from start to finish with us managing to go up 2-0 in the first 10 minutes and there was not looking back from there they did get a reply but that did not scare us and we won 5-1. I changed my mentality from Attacking to control before the game and that definitely worked.

League Table
    So we sit mid table and its going to be tough to get into the playoffs now with 3 games left we need at least 5 points but its not mathematically impossible so there I still hope.

48. Shame about the Villa job not quite working out, good luck at Bolton though
    webby1999 likes this.

49. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png

Last 3 games of our season?

So heading into what could be our last 3 games of the season all of the pressure was on us we must win every game otherwise there is no chance of a playoffs spot.

Oxford (Away)
    A game against a mid table team and we started out on counter as we were away from home. And it work we went 3-1 up but the the player slacked for a bit and it looked like Oxford would get a draw however we went attacking and in the dying moments got the win.

Bury (Home)
    If we don't win this game and other results go the wrong way there is a possibility of us not being able to reach the playoffs and sadly that did happen meaning we will be staying in league 1 this season.

Bradford City (Away)
    As this is a dead rubber I decided to rotate and use a lot of youth players. As you can see we didn't take the game seriously but I'm not concerned as it was a dead rubber.

League table

So we finish in 11th place but I'm sure we can build on it next year.

Hopefully next season a few fresh faces will improve are postion.

50. From Unemployed to best in the world?-bolton_wanderers_fc_logo.svg.png
    Bolton Season 2021/22

A busy transfer windows

Transfers out

So a lot free transfers and some of them are good players but cost to much on the wage budget also there is a lot of dead rubber in the squad so it was important to let some of them go.

Transfer ins

So 6 transfers in and one loan.

Andy Cole
    A loan signing from Leicester a great back up striker. In fact he is properly are 2nd best striker.

Gedion Zelalem
    A former Arsenal player and I properly rushed at the chance to bring him to Bolton he is really just an averge league 1 or 2 player so maybe was not a great signing.

Ritchie De Laet
    A great Belgium right back who has played for both Manchester United and Leicester City. He will be my first choice right back this season.

Matty Foulds
    An English left back who has played a lot of League 1 football while being loaned out from Everton. But we managed to get him on a free and he doesn't look that bad so hopefully we will have a great left back For Bolton.

Anel Ahmedhodzic
    A Swedish center back who we brought in from Nottingham Forest for a fee of 120k and he will hopefully strengthen are center back postion.

Next up two Southampton center mids
    So we brought two Southampton players for a combined total of 600k evenly split for both players and hopefully the will become a great partnership at bolton.

Callum Slattery
    A former england under 20s player he looks like a great center mid and has had plenty of championship match experience with the likes of Reading and Fulham loaning him in from former club Southampton.

Andre Dozzell
    A former Ipswich player who has played a lot of games from Walsall on loan from Southampton so clearly has some league one experience so a good player

Next update start of the season.

Last edited by webby1999; 22/01/2017 at 11:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO