Like Tree42Likes

Always The Bridesmaid, Never The Bride - Brighton & Hove Albion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Always The Bridesmaid, Never The Bride - Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton & Hove Albion

Hello people. Been a few years since I posted a story on here after kinda losing my passion for the game. Anyway I'm back and have decided to take over Brighton. A team who always seem to come close to promotion but fail in the final few months!!

Background

So not too many trophies in the cabinet. But some very solid facilities for a Championship team. Also a great relatively new stadium with a capacity of just over 30,000.

Squad

A very decent squad to be fair. Three very decent strikers, a solid keeper in Stockdale too. Shane Duffy and Lewis Dunk are two very good, young-ish centre backs. The only area I want to strenthen is really the right back spot.

Tactic

A 4-3-3 with a DM is how I've always played FM. Always believe its key to have a DM to shield the centre backs. My idea with this tactic is for the full backs to bomb forward and the DM to slot in and we can play like a 3 back.

I'll be back at the end of August for the first update post. Any questions please feel free to ask

2. Look forward to seeing how you get on here.

3. Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    Look forward to seeing how you get on here.
    Cheers mate, been reading through your story past couple of days whilst at work absolutely loving it!!

4. August

Transfers

Not much news on this front, I got two players in on loan and a couple of youth lads left on loan. My first signing was young right back Kyle Walker-Peters in from Spurs. A fantastic little player to rotate with Bruno at right back. He can also play left back which is nice.

A my second signing is the versatile Jordan Williams coming in on loan from Liverpool. Not the best player in the team but the fact he can play in 4 different positions is great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results

Derby away was our first match of the season and we managed to beat them which was nice. I'd of happily taken a draw being away to our play off rivals Derby but we played really well. Solid start.

Managed to rest some of the bigger names here and we done well beating Leyton Orient. Goals from Sidewell and a late one from Norwood won us this cup tie.

Forest at home was our second game of the season and we put in another good shift. Hemed netting again after Knockaert gave us an early lead. They did make me nervous with a goal from Bendtner but Jamie Murphy scored in the second half to secure us 3 points.

Rotherham at home was a game I thought would of been nice and easy but Bruno fancied making it a bit tougher than it needed to be. But my main man Hemed scored late on then Rotherham collapsed after that.

A tough game against struggling Reading. Hemed missed a first half penalty but left back Bong managed to secure us the 3 points.

Second round in the EFL Cup and again I rested my big players but we won with ease. Sidwell with a brace and winger Manu put some gloss on a good performance.

Crashing down to Earth!!!!! Newcastle were too hot to handle and seriously punished me for thinking we could go toe to toe with them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Tomer Hemed

The big man up top was sensational this month. His goals will be key in our chase for promotion, hopefully he can carry on this early form.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Good early start but that loss to Newcastle was rough. Aim is still the play offs but obviously I'd love a top 2 finish. Newcastle will more than likely run away with this league though they're far too good.

5. Fantastic start this mate! Newcastle are always going to be the tough one but maybe next time haha Finishing in the top two would be a cracking achievement so good luck with it. I remember Rangers trying to get Tomer Hemed before he went to Mallorca so it's good to see he's actually a good striker!! Glad to hear that you're reading through mine as well mate. You up to date?

6. Great start mate, Is that a downloaded tactic ? I use one very similar that I downloaded and it has gave me huge success, Everytime I try make my own tactic it just doesn't work so irritating

7. Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    Fantastic start this mate! Newcastle are always going to be the tough one but maybe next time haha Finishing in the top two would be a cracking achievement so good luck with it. I remember Rangers trying to get Tomer Hemed before he went to Mallorca so it's good to see he's actually a good striker!! Glad to hear that you're reading through mine as well mate. You up to date?
    Hemed has been unreal mate. Yeah Im aiming for a play off spot tbh. Yeah finally caught up with it all, nice to see you're still at Clyde. Superbly written mate loved it all so far

8. Quote Originally Posted by 2Girls1Schlupp View Post
    Great start mate, Is that a downloaded tactic ? I use one very similar that I downloaded and it has gave me huge success, Everytime I try make my own tactic it just doesn't work so irritating
    Yeah I downloaded one but I've tinkered it slightly as I found myself getting caught on the counter on my Chelsea save

9. Quote Originally Posted by 2Girls1Schlupp View Post
    Great start mate, Is that a downloaded tactic ? I use one very similar that I downloaded and it has gave me huge success, Everytime I try make my own tactic it just doesn't work so irritating
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam91 View Post
    Hemed has been unreal mate. Yeah Im aiming for a play off spot tbh. Yeah finally caught up with it all, nice to see you're still at Clyde. Superbly written mate loved it all so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam91 View Post
    Yeah I downloaded one but I've tinkered it slightly as I found myself getting caught on the counter on my Chelsea save

Would I be right in saying it's "The Gywnbleidd" formation?

Aye that's a realistic possibility to be fair! Nice one mate cheers. Also, really like the signing of Walker-Peters! Always liked the look of him.

10. Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post

Would I be right in saying it's "The Gywnbleidd" formation?

Aye that's a realistic possibility to be fair! Nice one mate cheers. Also, really like the signing of Walker-Peters! Always liked the look of him.
    Mines Darrens off FM Story mate
    2Girls1Schlupp likes this.

11. September 2016

Results

God knows how we didn't win this one, we were all over bottom club Brentford but just couldnt put the ball in the net.

Another struggling club in Huddersfield and another poor performance from us. A stroke of luck when Wells scored an own goal and a last minute header from Duffy means we collect 3 valuable points.

Finally this month a solid performance from us. This game was done after the first 22 minutes.

We crashed out of the EFL cup on penalties!! I rested some big players again and we paid the price but now at least till January when we enter the FA Cup we can concentrate on the league.

We made tough work of it but broke them down finally after 69 minutes. Stephens made the scoreline look good late on.

A tough game against a good Ipswich side. What annoyed me was we took the lead twice and threw it away twice...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Kyle Walker-Peters

A good month from the young right back who gives us so much attacking threat down the side and has notched up a couple of assists too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Up to second. But what I want to point out is how badly Newcastle have done this month!!! Losing all 4 of their last games. Norwich seem to be the team to beat at the minute.
    naterr likes this.

12. Good luck with this Sam, should be good, shame about the EFL Cup exit, pays resting big players! But as you said, focus solely on the league now

13. Quote Originally Posted by dani3w View Post
    Good luck with this Sam, should be good, shame about the EFL Cup exit, pays resting big players! But as you said, focus solely on the league now
    Cheers mate, yeah not too fussed about the cup its all about trying to get promoted this season!!

14. October 2016

Results

So nearly threw this away!! But luckily we saw out a solid away win here against a good team.

Solid 1-0 win over Preston here courtesy of a Hemed first half penalty.

Tomer Hemed once more with the goals!! He's too good for this league. Duffy nets another goal and Jamie Murphy put some gloss on the scoreline. Wolves are no push over.

What a game of football!! Hemed with his standard brace. Solly March had to come on for Knockaert early on as he picked up a slight injury and March done very well.

Big win here over promotion rivals Norwich!! Could prove to be a really important win this in the title run in even though its only October.

================================================

Player of the Month

Tomer Hemed

Who else? 7 Goals in 5 games this month. Small shout out to Jamie Murphy too though he had a sensational month.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Put some distance between us and the chasing pack now but this is the Championship and a few bad results can change everything...
    ninjaskill likes this.

15. November 2016

Results

Tight win after Kayal got himself sent off but we saw the game through and picked up an important 3 points.

Tight match but a late goal from the ginger prince Sidwell gives us the 3 points against a good Aston Villa side.

Last game of the month and another 1-0 win. Glen Murray netting his first league goal of the season after I chucked him in instead of Hemed who had a quiet month this month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

David Stockdale

Keeper Stockdale put in two really good performances inbetween the sticks against Villa and Fulham. Still weighing up whether or not to renew his contract yet though with promotion in mind...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Miles ahead now as the other teams just seem to be taking points off each other while we steam ahead. Here's the bottom 3 for those interested:

Brentford really struggling is surprising me.

16. December 2016

Results

First of two clashes against Cardiff this month, a nice brace from Dale Stephens gets us the win.

Solid win. Hemed unfortunately picked up a knock here and will miss a few weeks. Stephens nets again!!

Our winning streak comes to an end!! Hope Akpan scored a screamer here and we missed so many chances before to score:

Back to winning ways against our FA Cup 3rd Round opponents. Good signs for when we come up against them next month in the cup.

Amazing first half... not so good second half. But 3 points again still and we power on.

Second match against Cardiff, now managed by Ryan Giggs!! Tighter than before but a nice goal from Baldock wins us the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Dale Stephens

Signed a new contract this month and put in some stunning performances in the middle of the park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

We really are running away with it. Think its time to start planning for the Premier League

17. Great story, very enjoyable to read!

18. Quote Originally Posted by darnho View Post
    Great story, very enjoyable to read!
    Cheers mate glad you're enjoying, any advice on what to improve on the layout I'm all ears

19. Promotion looks practically nailed on. Looking for a few Prem standard players in January

20. Quote Originally Posted by Ralph2211 View Post
    Promotion looks practically nailed on. Looking for a few Prem standard players in January
    Seems it, but just finished January and was quite an interesting month. Dont expect too many signings we dont have too much money or wage budget..
    Ralph2211 likes this.

21. January 2017

Transfers

We had some issues here. I wanted to start building for the BPL but our wage budget is too small. I tried to sign Carl Jenkinson but he wanted £50k a week and I'm not paying him that nor would my board let me anyway. Another issue was Tomer Hemed... I've been getting bids for him for months now, knocking them back. But he came to me this month saying he wanted to move to Shaktar, I tried to talk him out of it but he stood firm so I agreed to sell him if they bid for him... which they didnt in the end!! But just for extra cover I loaned in Dom Solanke from Chelsea

Hardly a world beater but a useful signing who can also provide cover on the wings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results

Managed to rest some big players this game and still got a good win. Hambo came off the bench to net his first goal for the club after Hemed and Murray were out injured.

Great win here in the FA Cup. Tie was done after 28 minutes.

Frustrating draw here especially after they went down to 10 men.

Back to back draws against 10 men... we really are missing Hemed. Baldock is good, but just not Hemed.

Thats more like it!! Great win over Newcastle here. Superb first half show, Kayal bossed it.

Drawing league leaders United was always gonna be hard, but we put in a really good performance here and on another day may have forced a replay.

We drop points again against 10 men.. not good enough. Wells is the top scorer in the league and Huddersfield are doing really well but to not get anything after they had a man sent off after 33 minutes is not good enough.

Player of the Month

Beram Kayal

Great month from the midfielder, okay we havent had the best results but Kayal has been a beast in the middle of the park for us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Still 16 points clear even though we've dropped points this month

ninjaskill likes this.

22. February 2017

Results

Tough result to take against struggling Brentford, but after going down to 10 men I was pleased to see Solanke pop up and nick a goal to avoid defeat for us.

Thats more like it!! Huge win over Burton and a nice clean sheet to boot.

LuaLua has been out for 4 months so it was nice for him to net a brace on his return to the side. Good win here too and another clean sheet.

Barnsley are rock bottom and we piled on the misery here with a good win and a third consecutive clean sheet.

Reading are having a shocker of a season. Solanke, Knockaert and a Sidwell brace made matters worse for them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Anthony Knockaert

Our talisman. Our Hazard, Sanchez, Pogba. Superb month from the lad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Can we have our trophy yet?

23. Quote Originally Posted by Sam91 View Post
    Cheers mate glad you're enjoying, any advice on what to improve on the layout I'm all ears
    I think the layout looks good, what skin are you using? looks great

24. Quote Originally Posted by darnho View Post
    I think the layout looks good, what skin are you using? looks great
    TCS 2017 mate, superb skin. Even better if you use it full screen, provides so much info. I use windowed cause Im weird like that

25. March 2017

Results

Wheeey Hemed is back amongst the goals finally. Shame Stephen got sent off again, fined him 2 weeks this time.

Another red card... this time it cost us big time as we lose to lowly Rotherham.

FFS STEPHENS!!!! Three red cards in a row this is a joke!!

The one game this month we dont get a red card we get spanked 3-1 by Leeds.... typical

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Beram Kayal

No-ones really stood out but 3 goals this month is decent enough from Hemed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Still 15 points clear even after a poor month

26. April/May 2017

Results

Another red card... but still a good win here.

Birmingham just seem to be our whipping boys!! Managed to rest some bigger names here and still got a result.

Hemed back amongst the goals. Solid win here, always good to get a clean sheet.

A real thriller here as Wolves were in a three way battle for second place!! Real back and forth game and a draw was probably a fair result in the end.

Easy work made of Wigan here. Nice to see Dunk get a goal and Stephens net as well.

Tight match against Promotion chasing Norwich, Hemed missed a late peno to get us all 3 points.

Bristol have struggled this season. We need just one more win to beat the record points total and most wins in a Championship season.....

We fail.... shame but Villa were the better side on the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Table

Newcastle mounted a huge comeback in the back end of the season to finish second.

These are the relegated teams.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Season Awards

Can't argue with much of that Pocognoli has been incredible notching 13 assists from left back.

Hemed's injuries cost him top scorer as he got just 21 goals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad

I really couldn't have asked for more this season it became such a stroll in the end. Standout players have to be Knockaert, Hemed, Duffy and Dunk. Jamie Murphy done well too, our full backs provided fantastic attacking outlet. But many of these players wont cut it in the BPL... I'll be back at the start of our first season in the top league stay tuned
    ninjaskill and naterr like this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Sam91 View Post
    TCS 2017 mate, superb skin. Even better if you use it full screen, provides so much info. I use windowed cause Im weird like that
    Just loaded it into fm, looks fantastic mate. Thanks
    Sam91 likes this.

28. Summer 2017 Transfers

Outs

I suppose the most notable loss is Hemed. The guy was a little bitch and I couldn't stand his moaning anymore so when Chievo came in for him I let him leave. I was sad to lose Molumby, a superb young English centre mid but £5m and also 30% profit from any future sales is a good deal. Norwood just isn't BPL quality, and neither are any of the other lads. Bruno was also released, I wasn't renewing a 35 year old full backs contract on the wage he wanted.

Ins

I was given a decent little kitty of £23m to work with before I'd made any sales. It was a bit of a struggle I wont lie, a lot of players I went for chose other clubs but I feel like I've done alright and brought in some really good young talent. Lets have a closer look at some of the new boys.

Tom Ince

A few Derby players were unhappy after they failed to get promoted and they have some good players there. One that caught my eye was Tom Ince. A player who had so much potential a few years back but hasn't quite shone. I'm gonna give him a chance though and he looks like the ideal inside forward for me cutting in from that left wing. Handy he can also play up top or on the right.

Will Hughes

Another Derby lad. Can still improve but is also still a very good player. For just over £10m I think we got him pretty cheap too. Look forward to seeing how he can do in the BPL for us.

Muhamed Besic

I needed a tough tackling work horse in the middle of the park and Besic fits that role perfectly in my eyes. For a decent fee too after he was transfer listed I'm looking for him to be our new half back and stick a foot in a bit more than Norwood done last season.

Lewis Cook

Amazed I picked up this lad. Transfer listed as he was unhappy at Bournemouth I jumped at the chance to recruit him here. Bags of potential. English. Fantastic deal.

James Wilson

Dragged in on loan after I failed to land Iheanacho on loan from City. Decent enough pacey striker and been on loan here before so should settle quick. Will rotate with Bamford up top.

Tyrell Warren

Not really BPL standard is he... I've stuggled to find a decent right back I could actually pick up to be honest but he'll have to do as a back up for now. Only in on loan anyway.

Martin Kelly

Now you may laugh but he's not a bad little player. Can play centre back also and what he lacks in technicals he makes up for in nicely rounded mental and physical stats.

Alex Buttner

A pretty good complete wing back for our formation here in United reject Buttner. Got in on a free so can't really complain too much. Good attacking threat but a bit lacking defensively. Hopefully he does a job for us though.

Vaclav Cerny

Sadly Cerney has picked up a knock in pre season and will miss the first 2 months but he's got bags of potential and can hopefully develop really nicely here.

Predrag Rajkovic

Wowwwww what a keeper. For £6m as well. If I can keep hold of him for 10 years we are sorted in between the sticks but I can't help but feel after a good season or two a bigger club will come in for him.

Patrick Bamford

Ahhh Bamford... Championship Player of the Year from Season 2014/15 when he was 21. A few failed loan spells at BPL teams where to be fair to the lad he was hardly given a chance, now he finds himself on the south coast with us! He will be my starting striker, he will be given a fair chance to nail down that spot. I hope he takes it.

Any futher deals will be included in the August 2017 post, theres one in the pipeline already so keep an eye out!! Let me know what you think about my deal thanks for reading

29. love the Hughes, Ince combo with Cook also in there! Bamford should do wonders for you. Looks like you've nailed on safety there but you never know! Love the tactic I have reverted back to it in my story/save since I failed with my own.

30. Quote Originally Posted by 2Girls1Schlupp View Post
    love the Hughes, Ince combo with Cook also in there! Bamford should do wonders for you. Looks like you've nailed on safety there but you never know! Love the tactic I have reverted back to it in my story/save since I failed with my own.
    Cheers mate, yeah hopefully Bamford can notch some important goals for us. Yeah its a really good tactic mate
    2Girls1Schlupp likes this.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Sam91 View Post
    Cheers mate, yeah hopefully Bamford can notch some important goals for us. Yeah its a really good tactic mate
    Hughes is a favourite of mine though! Hoping he hits the heights in real life to prove fm correct lol! but what a talent.
    Sam91 likes this.

32. Quote Originally Posted by 2Girls1Schlupp View Post
    Hughes is a favourite of mine though! Hoping he hits the heights in real life to prove fm correct lol! but what a talent.
    Yeah hes had some bad luck with injuries but I'm sure he will push on hopefully. Believe he signed a new contract with Derby earlier in the season I think

33. August 2017

Further Transfer News

So Hunemeier left for just £2m, I rejected a bid from Hamburg for him and he complained so I said if they bid again I'd accept. They did come back in but so did Wolfsburg and he chose them. FM logic.

Coming in though was Kenneth Omeruo to fill the gap left by Hunemeier. I also loaned in Jung at cover for left back.

Results

What a way to kick off our season!! A huge win over Sunderland away from home which is massive as I expect Sunderland to be relegation rivals. Tom Ince with a goal and an assist.

Ahhh what could have been. Two nil up and we threw it away. To be fair they deserved it. Had way more shots and chances but I was nicely impressed by Bamford.

Great win over our fellow newly promoted side. Bamford with another 2 goals and his first was an absolute peach. Tom Ince also netting.

EFL Cup game. Rested our bigger names, Bamford netted 2 minutes after coming off the bench. They scored with the only shot they had all game....

Ahhh we done well and had our chances but Spurs were just that bit better. Alderweireld scoring from a corner and Alcacer netting a cut back. Duffy pulled one back but a bit too late. Still proud we done so well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Patrick Bamford

See what happens when you put some faith in your younger players Chelsea?!?! They do well!! Superb start from the lad.

Table

Not that it means much this early but a really solid start.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major BPL Transfers

Just a little something extra. Verratti moving to City for that much is mad. Chelsea, after missing out on top 4 last season, lost Hazard for a pretty small fee considering how good he is. Coutinho goes to Barca. Arsenal actually sign a world class striker in Icardi!!

34. September 2017

Results

I'll take that!! They battered us but Predrag Rajkovic was in top form here for us.

Bournemouth have struggled this season. But they gave us a real battle here, 3-0 flattered us but I'll take it for sure.

Ahhhh I messed up here. Rotated the team and it backfired massively!! Shame as a good cup run would have been nice but staying in the Premier League is priority this season.

We gave them a really good match to be fair!! Just a shame we gave up a goal late.... still take the positives, we netted 2 goals and played really well.

What a game of football!! Annoyed we gave up the lead three times but in a game of real attacking football from both sides a draw seems fair. Great game of football.

Player of the Month

Predrag Jajkovic

Yes he's conceded 9 goals in his last 5 games but he's pulled off some lovely saves and pretty much got us that point against Chelsea by himself.

Table

12 points from 8 games is more than I could have wished for. Also we've scored the most amount of goals in the league so far!! Total football down here in Brighton.

35. Injury News For Brighton

Devestated....

36. October 2017

Results

Cerny came on after Knockaert got injured and will be out for 2 months. Great to beat our fellow newly promoted sides.

What a win!!! Huge performances from the lads. Cerny netting nice and early, showing that we don't need to worry too much about Knockaert being out. Bamford netted a brace and even Martin Kelly got involved!!

Solid performance. West Brom are fighting down low in the league and were never in this. We had 60% possession and they didn't even work Stockdale in goal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Vaclav Cerny

Came in really well when Knockaert got injured and netted 2 goals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Flying high....

37. Do you have a link to the tactic mate it looks a great tactic would just like to know the team instructions. As I can't find Daren's tactics anywhere. Keep up the good work

38. Quote Originally Posted by higgsy03 View Post
    Do you have a link to the tactic mate it looks a great tactic would just like to know the team instructions. As I can't find Daren's tactics anywhere. Keep up the good work
    Will do mate I'll post the link to it now mate: Best FM 2017 Tactis: Darren's Devastating 4-1-2-3 2.0FM Stories

Also a huge sorry, my laptop broke and I've only just got it back!!! Updates will be back on the regular!!

39. November 2017

Results

Tough game to take, a real injury crisis hit this month and with both my first team goalkeepers out up stepped 19 year old Bailey Vose who is truly not BPL standard... but wasn't at fault for any of the goals. We could have got something here but for a red card for Buttner.

Great comeback here!! Bailey Vose again in goal got a 7.0 rating and made a great save late on to get us a point here.

Icardi is too good on this game... he destroyed us. I also managed to sign a new keeper on a free just before this game, released from Chelsea in the summer. Matej Delac:

Had a shocker against Arsenal... he's alright but hopefully Predrag Rajkovic will be back soon.

Player of the Month

Bailey Vose

No-one stood out this month as we failed to even get a win. But I'll give it to the lad who was called up from our youth team and played two games and done reasonably well enough.

Table

Slipping down a bit now but a few more wins should secure us safety soon enough.

40. Injury News

Just had no luck with injuries so far this season.... Buttner now out for up to 6 months with an injury to his Achilles.. I'm sure he wont be the same player after either. A new left back is a must now in January if the board give me some money.

41. December 2017

Results

Solid win after 3 games without one. Kayal and Bamford with 2 goals close together. Swansea never threatened.

We absolutely dominated them but just couldn't score sadly!! Still 1 point closer to that 40 point target.

A real back and forth tie which could have gone either way in truth. Shame we lost but thats football sometimes.

We went and tried to fight fire with fire and play proper football against them and ultimately got put to the sword.. still it was a back and forth first half until Duffy gave away a penalty.

After 3 matches without a goal I was getting worried, but none now. Huge win here over a big club like Liverpool who may be struggling this year but still have a very good team.

Fuming... throwing away 3 points like that with 3 minutes left.. unacceptable.

Great win over a team who have been swapping positions with us for most of the season so far.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Tom Ince

Easy choice. No-one else has been to great but Ince's goals in the past few games have been vital.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Still riding high in 6th!! Still scored the most goals but we leak so many as well. Defence needs improving massively especially at the full back spots.
    ninjaskill likes this.

42. January 2018

Transfers

Outs

Most notable loss is Baldock. His contract is up in the summer and I wasn't gonna renew it. He's just not BPL quality and I was happy to let him leave. Solly March also left, he's again not the kind of player who is gonna take us to the next level and I needed the funds to get one of my signings.

Ins

Wilson came back in on loan after Bamford got injured and Baldock left. Dario Vizinger is a young striker who I hope will develop well. Nat Chalobah came in for a tiny fee!! He's gonna be my new DM half back and fits the role well. Young and English too.

Results

Solid win here, good to see Bamford net. Easy enough game.

Totally unacceptable.. I rested some key players but we still should have won. Just league games left now for us this season.

So close to a big win over a huge club.. yes Chelsea have struggled this season but they still have a crazy team. Still we played very well.

What a win!!! Spurs were top when we played against them. Great win.

Bournemouth have struggled. We piled on the misery with a Wilson brace, it could have been even worse for them truthfully.

City were leaders by the time we played them on deadline day, we gave them a really good match but sadly an Otamendi goal from a corner won it for them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Lewis Dunk

Mr. Consistent has been a rock all season and been brilliant this month.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

End of January and we're sitting in 5th... better than I could have ever imagined. Safe to say we wont be in a relegation battle this season. Hoping for top half right now.

43. February 2018

Results

We started well... ended well... but everything in between was shocking. Simply put not good enough, we need to hold on if we take a lead and not put our foot off the peddle.

Will Hughes was different gravy here. 2 goals and an assist. Great win here.

A real back and forth battle here against a struggling West Brom. But a late Tom Ince goal won it for us after good work from Bjordal out wide on the right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Will Hughes

Great month from Hughes. Wins it after that stunning performance against The Toon. I need to renew his contract and get rid of that release clause he insisted on of £17m to any club in the Champions League.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Still fifth..... no hope of top 4 but I'm hoping we can cling on and maybe get Europa League maybe next year?

44. March 2018

Results

Cracking win and a good attacking display. After we scored the 4th I chucked on some young players. Solid performance.

After we lost the last A23 Derby I was determined to win this one. But Palace were a stern test yet a Tom Ince goal just before half time helped us take the 3 points.

Although we're 5th we are still a long way from being a top BPL side. Arsenal were too much here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Lewis Cook

Great month from the young English centre midfielder. Goal against Watford and another commanding game against Palace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

Spurs pretty much Champions amazingly. Hoping for a top 5 spot now but we have some tricky ties to come still.
    ninjaskill and naterr like this.

45. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    Great work so far but I hope they get beat on Tuesday night in real life!
    Lynchyy likes this.

46. Quote Originally Posted by KLIPPYBO View Post
    Great work so far but I hope they get beat on Tuesday night in real life!
    Cheers mate unreal how well we've done this season. Need new full backs badly though. Haha big game that, hopefully the Seagulls can win though! Be good to see one of my local teams in the top league

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

47. April 2018

Results

Two goals from Vaclav Cerny got us a comeback win away from home against The Swans. Solid 3 points.

Awesome win over Leicester who are deep in the relegation zone amazingly... James Wilson was different class.

I thought this game was over after 8 minutes, how wrong was I?! Stoke fighting against relegation rallied as we needed just 1 more win to secure a top 6 finish. I thought we were gonna have to settle for a draw when Imbula equalised but Tom Ince, so many times our saviour this season, grabbed us the win and goal he deserved after notching 2 assists already this game. Europe here we come!!

Close match against second place United, only thing that separated us was a moment of class from Paul Pogba.

Player of the Month

Vaclav Cerny

Won the BPL Young Player of the Month notching 3 goals in 4 games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table

And there we are. Top 6 confirmed and Brighton will be playing European football next year!! Hoping for an easy draw in the qualifiers just so we can make the group stages! Leicester are in real trouble. Watford are already down and Spurs win the title!!!

48. May 2018 & End of Season Awards

Results

A win here!! We play Liverpool in our last league game too so a win would be great to move us into fifth above them.

FFS... haha!! We actually played well but they finished their chances and we didn't. Its that simple.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final League Table

Leicester and Bournemouth relegated with Watford. West Brom pulled off a ridiculous recovery. Spurs win the league 10 points clear of everyone else. Wolves and Burnley will join us next season along with whoever wins the Play Offs.

Awards

BPL TOTY

Will Hughes makes TOTY!!!! New contract desperately needed.

Brighton Awards

James Wilson the real standout. Personally I think Tom Ince deserved POTY and James Wilson YPOTY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad

James Wilson's second loan spell here was much better. Tom Ince and Will Hughes also had superb seasons. Knockaert done well but spent way too long injured and ultimately lost his starting spot to Vaclav Cerny. Dunk and Duffy both averaged over 7's which is great. I really need new full backs though and that will be my main aim. Also maybe a couple of high potential stars.
    Last edited by Sam91; 27/02/2017 at 06:54 PM.
    ninjaskill likes this.

49. Great story, and what a great season! Enjoying reading through this one.
    Hope Brighton beat Newcastle tonight as well! I'm a Leeds fan

50. Awesome finish! that is some tactic haha!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO