Like Tree52Likes

The Wanderer - FM 17
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. The Wanderer - FM 17

The Wanderer - FM 17

The Wanderer - FM 17-wanderer.jpg

Welcome to a new FM 17 story, as the title suggests this will be wanderers story as he tries to find a club to call his own. I have no idea where this journey will end up or how successful it will be but i hope you will enjoy the story along the way.

I have set the Mangers attributes very modestly with a Sunday league background to make this story as realistic as possible. The job hunt has begun

Click image for larger version

Name:	manager 1.PNG
Views:	1287
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1106514

A few weeks in I find myself looking over my CV. What is missing? My obvious lack of experience is the main issue but i just need a break someone to take a chance on a young manager hoping to make his name in the game. Maybe its my interview skills, I have been for 2 interviews rejected by both. Derry City who play in the Ireland and Cardiff MET Uni who are an amateur side in Wales. As I continue to check the job centre on a daily basis applying for anything and everywhere to get my foot on the ladder. This is becoming much harder than I thought to catch a break....
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 03:54 PM.

2. The Wanderer - FM 17-shamrock_rovers_fc_logo.svg.png

We have a job...Welcome to Ireland...Welcome to Shamrock Rovers!

After weeks of applying for jobs we have finally got our break and boy have we landed on our feet here. Shamrock Rovers play in Ireland's Premier Division and can proudly say they are Ireland's most successful club boasting a record 17 league of Ireland titles as well as a record 24 FAI Cups. The club play homes games in the 6000 all-seater Tallaght Stadium in Dublin.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-histroy.png

How have we got this job I hear you ask...Well this season Shamrock Rovers where supposed to be title challengers. But all has not gone to plan and with 2 games to go of the season they sit in 8th place of a 12 team league, 18 points behind the new Irish powerhouse Dundalk and bitter rivals Bohemians.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-league.png

With only a matter of days until our first game we have plenty of work to do....

3. With not much time to get our feet under the table we evaluate the squad we have inherited. We are pleasantly surprised to see the quality of the squad and there is no way a squad like this should be 18 points behind the league leaders. However my biggest concern is that my 2 star men are both out of contract at the end of this season and refusing to sign new deals!

Name:	2 best players (1).PNG
Views:	1309
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1106528

With only 2 game left to play this season and nothing to play for, these games will be used to evaluate the squad with every player literally playing for their future at the club. There has to be a underlying problem as to the teams performance this year and also a longstanding problem as to why this club has not won a League title since 2011. Now on to my first games in football management...

Name:	Results s1 SR1.PNG
Views:	1259
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1106529

We start our life as a football manger in good fashion picking up 4 points from a possible 6. The last day of the season we where away to table toppers Dundalk and what a performance we devilered. Although the result was meet with mixed emotions from the Rovers faithful as our win against Dundalk handed our bitter rival Bohemians the title on the last day...sometimes you just cant win

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-league-s1-final.png

We go into the close season looking to build on our positive influence on this team so far and will try to put our own stamp on this squad. Of course the other big priority is trying to nail down our two star men to new contracts. I predicted a busy off season ahead. Til next time....

Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 03:57 PM.

4. Shamrock Rovers Season 2

We had our first off season with Shamrock Rovers after joining the club at the end of last season. We quickly identified areas of the squad that needed needed improved. Firstly i want to mention two players that where brought in at the end of last season. Jay Tabb returned to Ireland after spending the most of his Career across the water and also former rovers striker Mikey Drennan rejoined the club after a short spell away.

At the end of last season our main focus was trying to get our key men tied down to new deals. However this proved to be unsuccesful. Simon Madden left the club on a free and joined Portsmouth while Brandon Miele also refused to sign but remains at the club on a Month to Month contract. Miele is probably still the best player at the club and am pretty sure it wont be long before and english club comes calling for my out of contract star.

As you will see we where active in the transfer market over the the winter bringing in no fewer than 10 players. Finance at this level is basically nonexistent and the majority of deals are freebies or compensation deals for youngsters.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-correction.png

Overall we are very happy with our business in the transfer market and feel we have added enough quality to push on and achieve our targets this year. I am particularly very excited about the young centre back Alan Nolan who joined from first division side drogheda and looks to be an absolute star for this level of football and will go straight into my back four at 16.

Name:	Sr s2 Nolan.PNG
Views:	1283
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1107176
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 03:58 PM.

5. Shamrock Rovers Season 2 Update

Name:	SR s2 results up1.PNG
Views:	1266
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1107178

We have started this season in fantastic form with some great free flowing football. Cup wise we have successfully navigated 2 rounds of the Leinster Cup and are now in the Semi Final. Our league form is also great and after 8 unbeaten games we are three points clear of Dundalk at the top of the Irish Premier Division.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s2-league1.png

Player wise we have had great performances all round. Mikey Drennan started the season with back to back hattricks. Brandon Miele has also started with some majestic displays as i continually look to see if he is attracting any glances from across the water. Alan Nolan has also settled into my back four like a duck to water as he plays beside the experienced Conor kenna who is double his age!
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 03:59 PM.

6. Shamrock Rovers Season 2 Update

Name:	SR s2 results 2.PNG
Views:	1249
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1107306

We have remained unbeaten in the league although we seemed to have picked up a habit of drawing to many games that we are dominating and should be winning. As you can see below that even with the draws we have opened up a six point gap after a massive result in the top of the table clash away to Dundalk last time out.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s2-league2.png

Cup wise we are through the the Leinster Cup final after a penalty shoot out win in the Semi Final against Shelbourne. It wasn't all good news as we suffered our first defeat as Shamrock Rovers manager in the League Cup Quarter Final against a very plucky Galway Utd Side.

The one major blow this month was a bad injury to the clubs star man Brandon Miele who is still on a month to month deal. He has been ruled out for probably the rest of the season with a 5-6 month achilles tendon injury. Terrible news for both the player and the club.

Name:	SR s2 Brandon injury update 2.PNG
Views:	1232
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1107314
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:00 PM.

7. Shamrock Rovers Season 2 Update

The Wanderer - FM 17-final-sr-s2.png

I lead my Shamrock Rovers team into my first final in my short managerial career. We are favorites to lift the cup going by league form but this is a Cup Final.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s2-cup-final-result.png

A great performance from the lads and we have our hands on the Leinster Cup. 4-1 up at half time and the fans where already celebrating. We managed to see out the game in the next half and although this is probably the least important trophy on offer, it is my first trophy in management and is important to me. Hopefully we can build on this now an take the momentum into the league.

8. Shamrock Rovers Season 2 Update

Name:	SR s2 results 3.PNG
Views:	1221
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1107336

We continue our great league form after winning 6 of the next 7 league games after the Leinster Cup triumph. However we do suffer our first league defeat of the season at home to surprise package Longford. We have now opened the gap to 11 points at the top of the table although 2nd place Dundlak do have a game in hand. With 10 games to go we have the league title firmly in our hands.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s2-league3.png

The Summer transfer Window shut with us only adding one player in the form of experienced Irish defender Stephen Kelly who was a free agent after being released by Rotherham.

A special mention must go to 16 year old attaching midfielder Micheal Browne who has scored 5 goals in his last 3 starts for the club.
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:00 PM.

9. Shamrock Rovers Season 2 Update
    As we stated in our last update the league was in our hands...well we have delivered...PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS with 5 games to spare.

Name:	SR s2 league winners.PNG
Views:	1232
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1107837

In our first full season we take the Premier league title back to the Tallaght for the first time in 7 years. The most successful Irish club back on top again. Ironically our title victory came of the back of a lose to Galway United as Dundalk failed to win also.

Name:	SR s2 results winners.PNG
Views:	1224
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1107838

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-league-s2-winners.png

Cup wise we where knocked out of the Senior Challenge Cup (Irelands biggest Cup) at the Quater final stage by st pats athletic. And although it was a shame to exit this competition nothing can take away from Shamrock Rover Ireland's Premier Champions for a record 18th time. This will also see us enter the Champions League first Qualifying round for next season.

We also had first youth intake into the club with a few promising players, including two 5 star potential, being signed to youth contracts. Here are the pick of the bunch.

Name:	SR s2 youth intake 1.PNG
Views:	1242
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1107842

Name:	SR s2 youth intake 2.PNG
Views:	1237
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1107843

My youth intake will be very important throughout my time here at Shamrock Rovers as going forward for European Squad registration quite a number will be needed to meet the Squad restrictions.
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:01 PM.

10. Shamrock Rovers Season 2 Update

With the league already won with a few games to spare we where able to see out the rest of the season pressure free giving youth a chance in the remaining games.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s2-final-league.png

The big positive was the return to first team action of Brandon Miele and also the great news that we had finally managed to get him to put pen to paper on a new deal.

Name:	SR brandon new contract.PNG
Views:	1216
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1107876

Squad Review

Goalkeepers:

Name:	SR s2 GK's.PNG
Views:	1203
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1107877

Ian McLoughlin was our Number 1 this season Murphy providing adequate back up when needed. Murphy will probably move on in the off season to allow our young 5 star potential regen to act as game up while getting some game time next season.

Defenders:

Name:	SR s2 Defs.PNG
Views:	1210
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1107878

Experienced Centre back Conor Kenna led the way in terms of avg rating for my defenders with young Alan Nolan also looking superb anytime he played. Overall we are very well stocked in terms of defenders and a area that doesn't look to require much additions ahead of next season.

Midfielders:

Name:	SR s2 Mids.PNG
Views:	1212
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1107879

It is young attacking mideifler Micheal Browne that tops the midfielders with some very impressive goal scoring form, that has already seen him attracting some interest for English clubs. The other two new boys Jay Tabb and Chris Atkinson also had very good first seasons with the club. Brandon Miele also was superb either side of his bad injury.

Strikers:

Name:	SR s2 Strikers.PNG
Views:	1200
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1107880

Sean Boyd and Mikey Drennan got 15 and 16 goals each in what was a fairly solid year for the pair. They where battling it out for most of the season for the one striker position in our tactics. New signing Knox also did well when called upon and I will hope to see him kick on and get more regular game time next season. This is probable the area of the squad that could do with improving the most an we will be on the look out of a top number 9 over the winter.

Conor Kenna, Rob Cornwall and Chris Atkinson also made the league of Ireland team of the year.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s2-toty.png

Chris Atkinson also took home the fans player of the season award for the club with young irish midfielder Micheal Browne picking up the signing of the season. With the 8k spent on bringing him from Waterford looking like outstanding business.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s2-club-awards.png

Overall a fantastic first full season at the club which saw us complete the double of the Leinster Cup and Irish Premier League. Preparations are already underway for next season where we will compete in the Champions League Qualifying Rounds for the first time since 2011. With not much of a budget in place we will have to be very astute with our recruitment policy over the winter.
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:03 PM.

11. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

As we prepare for another season in charge of shamrock rovers our success of last year has not gone unnoticed. As we receive numerous job offers for English league 1/2 clubs as well as Scottish Premier league sides. The one that tempted me most was Scottish Premier league side Dundee United but the lure of European football with Shamrock Rovers and along with the talented bunch of youngsters I have coming through was enough to convince me to sign a new contract.

Name:  1234.PNG
Views: 578
Size:  3.6 KB

Transfers In:
    The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-transfers-.png

As you can see with not much money to spend my major signings where all on free transfers and a few high potential regen irish players which we had to pay some compensation for. We are very happy to have secured centre back Kyle Callan McFadden who had been released from MLS club Orlando. Although we weren't actually in the market for a centre back it was a deal we couldn't turn down. We have also signed two very exciting attacking midfield players to join the club in Steffan Scougall and Jonathan Benteke who come in to battle with Brandon Miele and Micheal Browne for the two AMC spots behind the striker. We are very happy overall with our business however we where left very frustrated with the not being able to get a new striker to the club as there was no suitable upgrades to what we already have.

Jonathan Benteke:

Name:	SR s3 Benteke Transfer.PNG
Views:	469
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1107900

Kyle Callan McFadden:

Name:	SR S3 MCFadden Transfer.PNG
Views:	451
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1107901

Transfers Out:
    The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-transfer-out.png

There was no significant outs during the window just a few of the older lads on the squad where let go to free up wages and a number of our young prospects headed out on loan for the season.

We have also collected the first piece of silverware on offer this season by lifting the Presidents Cup, which is the Irish version of the Community Shield. After taking out bitter rivals Bohemians after extra time with new signing Benteke netting twice.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-presidents-cup-win.png

We have also through to the Semi Final of the Leinster Cup after navigating two rounds.

Name:	Sr s3 cup results 1.PNG
Views:	442
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1107908
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:04 PM.
    Nosibor and Johnnykashmir like this.

12. Fair play turning down Dundee Utd. I would have taken the higher rep job (more money) but should be fun in Europe.

Be interesting where/if you head off to next

13. Quote Originally Posted by EnglishYeti View Post
    Fair play turning down Dundee Utd. I would have taken the higher rep job (more money) but should be fun in Europe.

Be interesting where/if you head off to next
    Thanks for the comment. Yeah i was very tempted to make the move but i do hope there will be other offers if we have continued success here in Ireland. Yeah looking forward to it but Irish teams have an awful record in Europe so I am not holding out to much hope.

14. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

Name:	Sr s3 results 1.PNG
Views:	460
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1107929

A great start to our title defense with just one slip up too Wexford Youths who seem to have a system that we find really hard to break down. We have already opened up a 8 point gap to Dundlak and Cork City.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-league-1.png

Player wise Mikey Drennan in fantastic form with 14 goals in 11 games. New signing Kyle Callan McFadden has had a great start to his Shamrock Rovers Career and has become a regular in our back four. In truth our whole team are playing some brilliant football and long may it continue.

Name:	SR s3 player stats 1.PNG
Views:	447
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1107930

On the finance side of things it doesn't paint a pretty picture. We are well under the wage budget allocate for us but are still turning a loss each month. It is looking like player sales or an unlikely run through a few CL qualifying rounds will be needed to try an balance the books.

Name:	SR s3 Finances.PNG
Views:	462
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1107932
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:04 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

15. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

Name:	SR s3 results 2.PNG
Views:	444
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1108004

The league form has dropped of a tad since the last update but we are still in reasonably good shape. Although he have only won 2 out of the last 5 league games we still sit at the top of the table thanks to our great start. Cork City have been able to cut that gap down to 5 points so we could do with finding our early season form again.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-league-2.png

Cup wise we have been very busy since the last update, playing in 3 different cup competitions. In the Leinster Cup we have progressed through to the final where we will take on Shelbourne. We are also through to the league cup semi final after navigating through two rounds and finally we are just after squeezing past Dundalk in the Irish Cup. We also have had the CL 2nd Round Qualifying draw which is where the Irish league winners from the season before enter the competition. We have been drawn against Austrian Champions Red Bull Salzburg in a very unfavorable draw.

Name:	12212.PNG
Views:	449
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1108006

And just to finish we knew this day would come but we have received our first offer for our young Irish centre back Alan Nolan from Southampton. I have swiftly rejected an offer which i am insulted by without anyone kicking off but with 10 clubs showing interest we are expecting more bids....

Name:	SR s3 Nolan Bid.PNG
Views:	459
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1108007
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:05 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

16. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

Back to back Leinster Cups as we see off Shelbourne in our latest final and add another one to the trophy cabinet.

Name:	Sr s3 Lens cup win.PNG
Views:	446
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1108091
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:05 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

17. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

It is Champions League time...the 2nd Round of Qualifying against Red Bull Slazburg.

Name:	12 fix.PNG
Views:	456
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1108092

Incredible stuff against all odds in what must go down as one of the greatest wins in the clubs history. After a late Mikey Drennan strike at the Tallaght we took a slender lead to Slazburg. We were under great pressure for lots of the game in Slazburg but a clinical counter attacking display saw us pick them off 3 times on the break to cap an amazing night in Austria. This result alone will provide the club with a much needed boost to the finances and fully justifies my decision to stay on at the Tallaght.

Name:	SR s3 CL 2nd leg.PNG
Views:	450
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	1108093

The draw for the next round has taken place and we have been drawn against Cyprus champions Omonoia Nicosia. A team that we know very little about but never the the less we enter the tie as underdogs again as we will try and take this momentum and give it a rattle.

Name:	SR s3 CL draw2.PNG
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1108094
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:06 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

18. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

More Champions League action as we take on the Cyprus champions in the 3rd Qualifying round.

First Leg:

Name:	Sr s3 CL 1st leg 2.PNG
Views:	454
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1108095

What a performance! Again tearing up the script as we put the favorites to the sword as we take a 4-1 lead to Cyprus.

Second Leg:

Name:	SR s3 CL 2nd leg 2.PNG
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1108096

A professional hardworking performance in Cyprus sees little Shamrock Rovers through the to the Play-Off rounds of the Champions League. Unbelievable stuff and we are now Guaranteed to be in the Europa League Group stages even if we lose. Crazy stuff.

Name:	fix 1234.PNG
Views:	439
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1108097

The excitement round the Tallaght during the playoff draw was crazy. When the dust had settled on the draw we had come been pitted against Slovenian champions NK Olimpija for a place in the Champions League group stages.

Name:	SR s3 CL play off draw.PNG
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1108098
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:07 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

19. Decent draw, I'm sure it could have been a lot worse!

20. Quote Originally Posted by neavie pops23 View Post
    Decent draw, I'm sure it could have been a lot worse!
    Yeah big time. For some reason we ended up seeded for play-off draw so managed to miss the so called big boys although we still do go in as underdogs i would imagine.

21. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

Just a quick update on the domestic front as we had been concentrating on our European adventures.

Name:	Sr S3 results 3.PNG
Views:	430
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1108107

With all the European games we have had quite a number of domestic games called off. This has allowed Cork City, who have put together a great run, to knock us of top spot. Although we do have quite a few games in hand to claw this back.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-league-5-games-handddd.png

We have also managed to progress through to the League cup final against arch rivals Bohemians in what will be a massive occasion for both clubs.

Name:	SR s3 League cup final draw bohs.PNG
Views:	422
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1108109

The summer transfer window has now closed and we have been very active during this window as it runs along side the end of the English league season, which presents a good opportunity to try and lure the players that have been released by the English sides.

Transfers In:
    The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-summer-transfers-.png

We are delighted with the quality of player we have been able to attract to the club during this window. The fact that we have been able to lure ex West Ham midfielder Josh Cullen to the club shows the progress we have made.

Cullen:

Name:	SR s3 Cullen Transfer.PNG
Views:	440
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1108111

Transfers Out:
    The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-summer-transfers-out.png

The major out during this window was the sale of attacking midfielder Scougall. He had turned in some good performances since joining it the summer but when Hibernian offered 325k it was an offer we couldn't turn down. Some youngsters left on loan to gain some first team experience, while some of the older players where given free transfers as they where no longer needed at the club.
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

22. Good luck in the CL playoff. CL group stages would soon sort out the finances and probably take the club to a level above anything in Ireland.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Ralph2211 View Post
    Good luck in the CL playoff. CL group stages would soon sort out the finances and probably take the club to a level above anything in Ireland.
    Thanks. Yeah no Irish team has ever been to the CL group stages. Shelbourne lost a play off back in the early 2000's and IRL Dundalk narrowly lost i play off this year. And as you say the finances from this would be huge for a club in Ireland.
    Ralph2211 likes this.

24. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

Its Champions League Play-Off time and we are off to Slovenia for the first leg as we take on NK Olimpija. We know very little about the Slovenian champions but we do head into the tie as underdogs according to the bookmakers. We are travelling in hope more than expectation that we can get some sort of result to take back to Dublin.

Name:	SR s3 CL playoff 1leg.PNG
Views:	444
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1108117

Very much mixed emotions here after this game, we played brilliant throughout an even took an early lead through young northern Irish full back McCullough. We matched the hosts for the majority but they came on strong scoring two second half goals to take the lead in the tie at the half way stage. The away goal gives us confidence that we can get a positive at home and the tie is very much still alive as we will meet again at the Tallaght Stadium in a weeks time.
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

25. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

We are back at the Tallaght Stadium for the second leg, a full house here in Dublin hoping for history to be made.

Name:	SR s3 CL playoff 2nd leg.PNG
Views:	426
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1108145

We are Champions League say we are Champions League. An incredible performance and occasion for the club as we will be in the draw for the Champions League group stage. The first Irish side to do so. This will be massive for the club in terms of a finical footing and for the reputation to attract bigger names. One of the most nervous highlights of my FM career when Olimpija hit the post in the 87th minute for what would have put them through on away goals. Unbelievable achievement bring on the draw.
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:10 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

26. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

We are starting to see the benefits of our great achievement already. The Champions League money has arrived.

Name:	Sr s3 7 finance.PNG
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1108242

Getting back to the domestic results.

Name:	SR s3 results 4.PNG
Views:	425
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1108243

We only had three league games since the last update and we sit joint top with Cork City but have 3 games in hand. Truth be told would rather have the points on the board than games in hand as i can already see am major back log of fixtures starting to pile up.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-6-league.png

Some of our players have been attracting interest for quite a while now and it is becoming a bit of a struggle to keep rejecting offers. The latest two have been Micheal Browne and McCullough. The offers at this point are still rather insulting so for now they stay.

Browne Bids:
    The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-6-browne-offers.png

McCullough Bids:
    The Wanderer - FM 17-123.png
    Nosibor likes this.

27. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

The Wanderer - FM 17-uefa_champions_league_logo_2.svg.png

Its here....the group stage draw

Name:	SR s3 CL group.PNG
Views:	420
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1108283

There we have it. Benfica, Galastasry and CSKA Moscow. It is actually one of the kinder draws we could have got but at this stage there is never an easy draw for a club with our stature. We are just delighted to be this far and as the saying goes anything from here is a bonus. We will aim to be as competitive as we can but picking up any points is going to be a huge task.

Ralph2211 and Nosibor like this.

28. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

The Wanderer - FM 17-65d21f6d643e3abcfd845b64e366b3fd.jpg

That's right we are in Galatasaray for the clubs first ever Champions League game proper. We have no idea what to expect and are hoping to be competitive at the very least.

Name:	SR s3 CL game 1.PNG
Views:	427
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1108352

We came up short in the end as the hosts quality became more evident as the game progressed but boy did he give it a right go. We can travel home with our heads held high and confident that going forward similar performances might see us catch someone on the hop. We have no time to feel sorry as we have the league cup final in 3 days time against rivals Bohemians.

Name:	SR s3 8 league cup final result.PNG
Views:	430
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1108353

What a results given the circumstances. Travelling back from turkey after the effort that was put in to face a cup final against Bohemians was a massive ask. There was tired bodies all over the park but we dug deep when under pressure for most of the second half an hung on. The players cant be praised enough for the effort shown over the two games but we are beginning to get slightly worried looking at the fixture pile up that is building up.

Name:	Sr s3 results 6.PNG
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1108354

League we have struggled slightly after the cup final falling to win either of our league fixtures as it was mostly youngsters playing to try and give the first team a rest for the next CL group game. This is going to be a balancing act we are going to have to get to grips with as cork city have put together an incredible run and are now 7 points clear. It is still mathematically in our hands as we have 3 games in hand but anything other than a perfect run will but ball back in Cork City's hands as they have only 3 remaining fixtures.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-9-league.png

On a more postive note the board have agreed to upgrade both the training and youth facilities. Oh its good to have this Champions League money.

Name:	Sr s3 7 upgrade.PNG
Views:	427
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1108360

Name:	SR s3 7 upgrade 2.PNG
Views:	424
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	1108361
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:11 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

29. Congrats on the Champions League place, even if you lost all 6 games the money you'll bring into the club will be fantastic and the achievement will not go unnoticed in the footballing world.

30. Quote Originally Posted by neavie pops23 View Post
    Congrats on the Champions League place, even if you lost all 6 games the money you'll bring into the club will be fantastic and the achievement will not go unnoticed in the footballing world.
    Thanks. Yeah we have already started to see the benefit of the champions league money within the club.

31. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

We welcome Benfica to the Tallaght Stadium. Its a great occasion for the club it is the first CL group game in Tallaght, in fact it is the first CL group game in Ireland.

Name:	SR s3 CL game 2.PNG
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1108564

Another defeat but again we can leave with our heads held high as we produced a great battling performance that saw us go toe to toe with a team like Benfica and not be embarrassed. But the reality is with 2 defeats out of 2 we sit bottom of the group.

Name:	SR s3 9 CL group.PNG
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1108565

Name:	SR s3 results 7.PNG
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1108569

As mentioned in the last update the fixture congestion is becoming a real struggle as we are massively under pressure from Cork City in the league. We managed to win 2 out of the last 3 league games with a very under strength team going down to big rivals Bohemians. With 3 games to go the league is no longer in our hands and what is more concerning is Cork City only have 2 game left to play and we must hope they drop points in one of these games and we get 3 wins to secure back to back titles.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-10-league.png

As you will also see from the results we did manage to get one over Cork City when we dumped them out of the Irish Senior Cup to reach the final. The Cup is the only one missing from my CV since i have joined Shamrock Rovers and with final against first division UCD we should have a very good chance of adding it to the collection.

In other massive news we have managed to secure the the signing of Tom Lawrence who we had been tracking for a while after he had refused to sign a new deal at Rangers. He instantly becomes the best player at the club and the league. We is on a massive contract for the Irish league and would only sign if he had a 800k release clause. This is not something we would ever do put the opportunity to sign someone with such quality was to hard to turn away. Welcome to Ireland Tom Lawrence.

Name:	SR s3 10 Lawrence signing.PNG
Views:	453
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1108571

Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:12 PM.
    Wilko, Ralph2211 and Nosibor like this.

32. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

Champions League is back at the Tallaght and its table toppers CSKA Moscow who make the journey. It is a game that we really need to pick up something if we have any ambitions of continuing in Europe this year.

Name:	SR s3 CL game 3.PNG
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1108574

Ahhh another morale victory for the lads but this one is probably the most frustrating as we where the better side throughout the contest. In the end it was the penalty after 11 mins that handed CSKA their 3rd win of the group.

Name:	Sr s3 11 CL group.PNG
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1108575

We are still pointless after 3 games put in truth the performances have been a lot better than many had predicted. Although with two results now needed i think the chances of getting 3rd in the group may be gone.

Name:	SR s3 results 8.PNG
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1108576

League wise we have managed to win our last 2 games which included our game in the hand. The BIG news is that Dundalk have beaten Cork City to put the league back into our hands with one game to go. Massive disappointment for Cork City but a massive opportunity now for us to claim back to back titles.

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-11-league-table.png

The final day of the season will look like this

The Wanderer - FM 17-sr-s3-11-last-day-preview.png

The task is clear, match Cork City's result and we are Champions again. Our task may be made harder that our opponents still have an outside chance of getting out of the automatic relegation spot and will be fighting for their survival.
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 04:12 PM.
    Nosibor likes this.

33. Good luck with the decider mate, sure you'll make it back to back titles!

34. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

We headed into the last day knowing a win against bottom of the table Limerick would hand us back to back Irish titles. We where big favourites to do so. All we had to do was match Cork City's result who where at home to Derry City.

Name:  Sr s3 12 final day result.PNG
Views: 445
Size:  28.4 KB

Name:	Sr s3 12 cork city final result.PNG
Views:	450
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1108616

Back to back Champions of Ireland. But in truth it is heartbreak for Cork City that is the real story of this final day. It was a 94th minute Derry City leveler that handed us the title as we struggled to break down Limerick. Our game had actually ended and we thought we had blown it until the news of the late goal in Cork. But it somehow makes the celebrations even better.

Name:	SR s3 final league.PNG
Views:	447
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1108618

Last edited by burkeyoa; 20/03/2017 at 05:12 PM.
    Ralph2211 and Nosibor like this.

35. Congrats on another title and the signing of Tom Lawrence. He will be a beast in the Irish League! More champs League next season!
    burkeyoa likes this.

36. Jammy git Deserved in truth given the number of fixtures you've had compared to others but still lucky with the last minute goal from Derry.

Onwards and upwards!
    burkeyoa likes this.

37. Quote Originally Posted by neavie pops23 View Post
    Jammy git Deserved in truth given the number of fixtures you've had compared to others but still lucky with the last minute goal from Derry.

Onwards and upwards!
    Thanks haha yeah big time i actually felt quite sorry for Cork City weirdly enough lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph2211 View Post
    Congrats on another title and the signing of Tom Lawrence. He will be a beast in the Irish League! More champs League next season!
    Yeah he looks like a serious player in the few games we have played so far but like all players at this level when they start playing to well you will lose them to bigger sides.

38. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

Irish Cup final day. The only one I have never got my hands on. In a bid to complete a famous Quintuple.

Name:	SR s3 13 cup final result.PNG
Views:	434
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1108627

A polished performance against the first division minnows. Goals from Drennan and Miele see us lift the Irish Senior Cup. In what was the final piece of a famous Quintuple for the club this year. Presidents Cup, Leinster Cup, League Cup, Irish Premier League and now the Irish Senior Cup all in 2018 which will go down as the greatest year in the clubs history.

We would normally now break for the off season in Ireland but as we are in a unique position of still being in the Champions League group stage the will be a much shortened off season for the Shamrock Rovers players and staff. As the rest of the league head off on their holidays we are back on the training field as we prepare for our remaining 3 Champions League games.

We have also signed a new 2 year contract with the club. At this moment in time we are happy to do so as it gives us that little bit of job security as well as protecting the club for if an when we decide to move to a different challenge. We now earn a very modest 1k a week.

Name:  Sr s3 13 new contract.PNG
Views: 423
Size:  12.3 KB

39. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

To finish the season we have our 3 remaining CL group games. If we have any ambitions to be playing knock out football in the new year we will need two results. Given the competitiveness of our first 3 games we do have confidence we can be competitive in these games and with more luck who knows.

CL Round 4

Name:	SR s3 13 CL game 4.PNG
Views:	422
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1108653

Another tough defeat, 2-0 up at half time we where in dreamland and the change to a defensive set up for the second half looks to very foolish as CSKA came on strong in the second half to take all 3 points again and all but end our hopes of qualification.

CL Round 5

Name:	SR s3 13 CL game 5.PNG
Views:	424
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1108654

Another landmark for the club as we pickup our first ever CL point. A great performance again in which we can feel unlucky not to collect all 3 points. However this does confirm that we will finish bottom of the group regards of the result in the last game.

CL Round 6

Name:	SR s3 14 CL game 6.PNG
Views:	423
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1108656

Our European adventure comes to an end with what has been the story of this Champions League run. A great spirited performance and it looked for a long time that we would get out of Portugal with a draw but a great individual goal by Jonas very late took it away from us.

Name:	123456.PNG
Views:	425
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1108657

The final group table doesn't do our performances justice. We can be immensely proud of our achievement to get this far and also are overall performance in the group stage. We have given the club some of the best moments in its history as well as taking CL football to Ireland for the first time. The club will also benefit from this run massively and will strive to get back to this level again. Its been a very enjoyable experience to manage at this level so early in this football management journey and one that has been a big learning curve for both the management staff and players.

40. Glad to see you pick up a point in the CL groups mate. Sure your reputation will be increased! Any links with "bigger" clubs?

41. Quote Originally Posted by neavie pops23 View Post
    Glad to see you pick up a point in the CL groups mate. Sure your reputation will be increased! Any links with "bigger" clubs?
    Cheers given how we performed in some of the games we definitely should have had a bit more. I have my eye on a sleeping giant over in England!

42. Shamrock Rovers Season 3

What a season for the club. The Quintuple completed for 2018 along with a run to the Champions League group stage. A season in truth that my never be topped at the club. We have also managed to upgrade both the training and youth facilities this year as well as some major upgrades in the staff.

Squad Review

Goalkeepers:

Name:	abc.PNG
Views:	483
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1108771

Defenders:

Name:	cc.PNG
Views:	483
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1108777

Midfielders:

Name:	bb.PNG
Views:	487
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1108776

Strikers:

Name:	aa.PNG
Views:	482
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1108775

We have also been given a ridiculous budget for a team in the Irish League next season. Will we be around to spend it I don't know, but if we are it could be a fun transfer window.

Name:  SR s3 12 next season budgets.PNG
Views: 481
Size:  21.7 KB
    Ralph2211 likes this.

43. Shamrock Rovers Season 4

Ok we have had an interview...with English side Leeds Utd we are currently favourites for the job and are waiting to here back on a response. They have fallen to League 1 and are a few points outside of the play-offs and it would be a great opportunity to continue this journey.

In the mean time we have had to continue with preparations for the new season with Shamrock Rovers. We have again had a very busy off season as we have struggled to hold onto our top stars after and influx of bids for English sides.

Transfers Out:

Name:	111.PNG
Views:	479
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1108789

The big news is the big money moves of Browne and McCullough to Blackburn and Palace. We did try our best to hold on to these pair but as the bids increased and the pressure from the two players to move to a better division we had to accept the bids. We did get great deals for the pair in the end with numerous clauses inserted that should see the club profit long term should these youngsters reach their full potential. Plus we also have got McCullough back on loan for the year. Quite a few youngsters also departed the club on loans to gain much needed first team experience. The other big out was the return of Cole back to England. He was meant to come in and be a star player for us but in truth it just didn't happen for him and we where just happy to get his massive wages of the wage budget. He are also doing our best to hold on to Alan Nolan who we are receiving bids on daily basis.

Transfers In:

Name:	1111.PNG
Views:	474
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1108790

With the money from last years CL run and the players we had already sold we where able to speculate during this transfer window. We managed to get Holgate to come across from Everton which is a massive coup for the club and again shows us the progress we are making. A number of promising youngsters where also signed, two of which will go straight into the starting 11. Aydin and Bergstrom will likely only be here for a short period before moving on again to a bigger club but we are delighted to have brought them to the club at this stage of their careers.

Aydin:

Name:	SR s4 1 Aydin stats.PNG
Views:	473
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1108792

Bergstrom:

Name:	SR s4 Bergstrom stats 1.PNG
Views:	475
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1108793

It remains to be seen if we will still be at Shamrock Rovers for the incoming season or not but if we do say goodbye we have certainly left them with a serious squad and one we feel is an upgrade on last years squad.

44. Shamrock Rovers Season 4

REJECTED by Leeds. Alan Pardew is the man they want to take them forward.

Name:  SR s4 1 leeds reject.PNG
Views: 446
Size:  25.8 KB

I have also applied for some Championship jobs and been rejected from all of them. It appears winning a bucket load of stuff in Ireland doesn't help that much when trying to get a job in England. So for the mean time we remain with Shamrock Rovers.

Name:	SR s4 results 1.PNG
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1108800

We fired through a good lot of fixtures in the hope of picking up another job but again nothing of interest has appeared. But my word what a start 12 wins from 12 in all competitions. We have opened up a 6 point gap from the team that should have won the league last year Cork City

Name:	SR s4 League 1.PNG
Views:	452
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1108801

A special mention must go to Tom Lawrence who has been on fire so far. We said he was too good for this league when we signed him towards the end of last season and that has proven to be the case. 12 goals and 7 assists in 8 league games is fairy tale stuff.

Name:	SR s4 lawernce stats 1.PNG
Views:	452
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1108802

45. Shamrock Rovers Season 4

Yeah we are still here. But we are favorite in the media for the Notts Forest job who are in League 1. But while we wait we still have a job to do.

Name:	SR s4 results 2.PNG
Views:	434
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1108859

Still in great form and yet to loose a game. With the only dropped points coming in a 1-1 draw with Dundlak. We have managed to open up a 14 point gap now to Cork City and even this early on the title looks to be firmly in our hands. We are also through to another Leinster Cup final as well as a League Cup Semi final as its full steam ahead in a bid to retain our titles.

Name:	SR s4 league 2.PNG
Views:	432
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1108863

Again this is near a carbon copy of the last update as Tom Lawrence is still stealing the show. With the kind of form I have never seen in any FM save before. With 21 goals and 8 assists in the 16 league games is it any wonder he is a wanted man and with a release clause of 800k (that he wouldn't sign without) in his contract we are dreading the transfer market opening in the summer. A number of the other key men are coming under increasing interest from quite a few Premier League sides.

Name:	SR s4 lawrence stats 2.PNG
Views:	433
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1108867

46. Shamrock Rovers Season 4

Well the inevitable has happened Tom Lawrence has had his release clause met by Aston Villa. What a player and it was a privilege to have had him at this club. We have already dipped into the free agent market to find his replacement and although not as good as Tom currently we believe the former Arsenal youngster Kelechi Nwakali at just 21 has the potential to become just as an important player for this club.

Nwakali

Name:	111.PNG
Views:	408
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1108942

The club and the league have also moved up in the recently announced rankings after what was a memorable year just past.

Name:	SR s4 up3 club rankings.PNG
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1108935

Name:	SR s4 up 3 league rankings.PNG
Views:	414
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1108936

The Champions League 2nd Qualifying round has also taken place and seen us pitted against Latvian Champions FC Spartakas Jurmala.

Name:	SR s4 CL 2nd Qual draw up4.PNG
Views:	415
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1108937

In a fitting tribute Tom Lawrence also signed of with a brace for the club and surely there is an argument that he must go down as the most gifted player in the clubs history after a a return of 25 goals and 13 assits in 23 games this season. We will miss him.

Name:	SR s4 up3 lawerance last game.PNG
Views:	413
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1108938

However it was business as usual without Tom as we added another Leinster Cup to the trophy cabinet for the 3rd year in a row. With new signing Nawaki getting a debut goal.

Name:	SR s4 up 4 leinster cup fina 2l.PNG
Views:	416
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1108939
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 23/03/2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Ralph2211 likes this.

47. Gutted that Lawrence left, was just about to say get him on a new contract

48. Quote Originally Posted by Ralph2211 View Post
    Gutted that Lawrence left, was just about to say get him on a new contract
    I offering him a new deal after every game but he wouldn't accept anything that didn't have the release clause unfortunately
    Ralph2211 likes this.

49. Shamrock Rovers Season 4

Ok so we where back in Champions League Qualifying action against Spartaks.

1st Leg
    Name:  SR s4 u6 CL 2nd round leg 1.PNG
Views: 397
Size:  30.6 KB

2nd Leg
    Name:  Sr s4 u6 CL round 2 leg 2.PNG
Views: 393
Size:  21.4 KB

So comfortably through as the Latvian champions are brushed aside with ease 10-1 on aggregate in front of a bumper 209 fans haha. No real discussion needed here but the draw for the next qualifying round has thrown up a massive tie.

Name:  Sr s4 up 6 CL 3rd round draw Celtic.PNG
Views: 392
Size:  25.5 KB

Yeah Glasgow Celtic. The battle of the hoops. For some reason I am confident we can progress from this tie although we are considered massive underdogs in the media. It is a glamour tie for both teams and should prove to be a great contest.

Name:  Sr s4 results 3.PNG
Views: 393
Size:  65.1 KB

Results wise it has been more of the same as we steamroll past most sides in the division. Although he did suffer our first defeat of the season with an all reserve side going down to Bray Wanders. In the league we are 11 points clear with a game in hand as we look good to retain our league title.

Name:  SR s4 League 3.PNG
Views: 395
Size:  42.7 KB

The transfer window in Ireland has closed and some new faces have arrived at the club but the English window is still open and with a number of possible departures on the cards I will cover the transfer business in the next update.

50. Shamrock Rovers Season 4

So here we are in one of the biggest games ever for the club. Champions League Qualifying against Scottish giants Celtic. We are big underdogs but come here in confidence that we can take a result home to the 2nd leg.

Name:  SR s4 celtic leg 1.PNG
Views: 358
Size:  31.0 KB

Well that didn't go to plan. Out of the tie after an embarrassing display at Park Head. In fairness stat wise we where pretty even the difference was the quality of their finishing and the how poor we where at the back.

Name:  sr s4 celtic 2nd leg.PNG
Views: 359
Size:  31.9 KB

A bit of pride restored after a good 2-2 draw at home but this leg was a dead rubber after the first leg. Moving on we now go into the Europa League playoff draw where we have been drawn against French club Lille.

Name:  SR s4 up 7 europa league play off draw.PNG
Views: 363
Size:  46.9 KB

We are also through to another League cup final after beating our big rivals Bohemians in the Semi Final with a relatively 2nd string side as it was sandwiched between the Celtic games. We will play the 2nd best side in Ireland in the final Cork City.

Name:  sr s4 u7 league cup semi final.PNG
Views: 360
Size:  21.4 KB

And some big big transfer news coming in the next update....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO