Like Tree100Likes

I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

1. December 2025 - February 2026

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-dukla.jpg

It was the late, late show against Dukla but Tambe produces the goods right at the death to mean we get a valuable 3 away points. The stats reflect the dominant performance, and that’s 3 straight wins.

There’s very little transfer business needed, but in an attempt to get it done early, promising U-19 international Svoboda comes in and looks to be the long term for successor for Baris, although he’s only 31 so not on the scrapheap just yet.

Name:  Svoboda transfer.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  20.6 KB

I also keep an eye out for any bargains to be picked up with players out of contract in the summer, although it looks like slim pickings and no available options who are improvement on the current squad despite the wingback positions being weakest.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-friendly-results.jpg

It’s a good job the friendlies were more about the fitness than the results as, despite a nice symmetry to them, there wasn’t a great deal of joy to be had, other than a very nice win against my ex-employers; FC Midtjylland.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-jihlava.jpg

Just the one game of the month and we travel to mid-table Jihlava, although we fail to come up with the goods despite making increasingly aggressive tactical and personnel changes as the game wore on. All in all, that’s a pretty disappointing game to come back to.

Other than that, the transfer window closes without any further surprises, despite some interest in my WBR Jedlicka, although nothing that comes anywhere close to even meeting his value even if I did want to sell.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-table.jpg

2. March 2026

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-boleslav.jpg

Baudry was outstanding in this game and even more so after Schuler’s reckless challenge. Even with 10 men, we should have won it at the end as we threw everything and the kitchen sink at them but couldn’t make the breakthrough.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-most.jpg

Most had been leading the league previously and are the surprise package of the beginning of the season, but a series of poor results has seen them slip down the table to fifth as they come to us. Baudry, again, is great with 2 assists, but the result is jeopardised by DM Prochazka who concedes the penalty although we finish the game stronger and should have scored more at the end. Despite Petrovikj’s goal, the strikers have been less than convincing so far this season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sparta.jpg

A really tough ask as we travel to the league leaders by 6 points. After conceding an early goal, we spend the rest of the first half playing catch up. Tambe scores an outstanding goal after a well worked team effort just after half time. For the second game in a row, the tough tackling approach causes us an issue as we concede another penalty, though it is something of an occupational hazard with this system - up until that point, we were holding our own.

A good number of my players, 11, are called up for international duty and there’s a bit of a break between the games. Both Baudry & Petrovikj get injured over the break, so there’s an opportunity for Baris and Adilovic who come in as replacements.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-brno.jpg

Brno sit in 3rd place, just one point ahead so this is a great opportunity to leapfrog them up the league. Tambe scores to continue his reasonable run, but Adilivoc is shocking, missing a number of good chances as we just about edge a tight game.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-jobs.jpg

A number of club vacancies are available, although none of any real interest although in terms of reputation, Sion and SC Heerenven would both be major steps up from Slovan.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-draw.jpg

The cup quarter finals are drawn and we’re well in the mix with Sparta Prague having been knocked out in an earlier round, any one of the remaining teams stand a pretty good chance. With 9 games of the league left, Sparta are clear by 10 points and will surely win their first league since 2018/2019. The holders, Plzen, who have won the last 4 titles, are struggling down in 7th although the gap between us in third and them is small - not a good time to be slipping up.

Last edited by Edd1920; 09/09/2017 at 08:24 PM.

3. April 2026

April brings voting for the Czech players of the year. Baudry is shortlisted for the player of year & the foreign player of the year and, unusually, I can vote for my own player…which I do. Chovan is shortlisted in goalkeeper of the year and Baudry, again, for midfielder of the year but other than that, it’s a bit scarce on the honours front as, despite the club’s relatively good position, there has been a serious lack of individual quality and consistent performances through the season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-slovacko.jpg

Top scorer Petrovikj returns to the starting line up after injury and makes no impact whatsoever as the game peters out into the very definition of boredraw, with the only moment of note being a pretty reckless challenge from Civic as the game drew to a close.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-contract-offer.jpg

Slovan approach me with a new contract although after some negotiation, I bump them up to £2,800 a week!

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-kralove.jpg

A very winnable cup game is next in the offing although, we are missing a number of first team players through suspension and injury. Our strikers are, once again, wasteful, despite having enough opportunities to win the game - really disappointed in going out in this game as I thought we had a good chance of winning the cup. We’re not going to win the league, so the aim for the rest of the season is to finish as high up the table as we can.

The goalscoring stats for my strikers are pretty poor at the moment and clearly an area where improvement is needed and the addition of at least one clinical striker is a must so the search starts now.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-strikers.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-bohemians.jpg

Bohemians have only won 3 games all season so we decide to generously gift them another. The game was finished by the time Jezdik gifted them a man advantage towards the end as we just didn’t turn up. Just a very, very poor performance.

Bosnian striker, Demirovic signs on a free after a promising trial and I’m hoping he can add some much needed quality at the business end of the pitch, as well as some balance, being left footed.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-demirovic.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-plzen.jpg

A tough away game to the team one place below us and Demirovic is thrown into the starting line up as Adilovic is relegated to the reserves squad for the time being. Demirovic provides the assist for Tambe’s opener and is then fouled for the penalty dispatched by Hipp. A massive win given our recent poor performances and our first win in 4.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-teplice.jpg

Tambe picked up a knock in the previous game and is replaced by Dolidze although he’s hardly been prolific and hasn’t scored since November. Playing Demirovic in the left hand slot of the 2 strikers pays off as he finishes clinically from a position where all my right footed strikers have put the ball into the side netting. As well as his goal, Dolidze is the catalyst for the own goal as the CB puts the ball into his own net tackling from behind.

Another glance at the job centre reveals the managers of Besiktas and Heerenven (still) are both in an insecure situation - both would be opportunities too good to pass up.Some outstanding striking prospects come in on loan, but we are restricted by our relatively low wage budget and unable to get any over the line.

4. May 2026

Five games of the season left, with 4 of them being at home gives a really good opportunity of finishing in the top 4, which would mean European football next season, even if only starting in the qualifying rounds of the UEFA cup (yes, I still call it that).

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-pribram.jpg

Top scorer Petrovikj and his usual strike partner Tambe are restored to the starting line-up and Petrovikj wastes little time adding to his season’s total. Despite having the majority of the possession and chances, it’s a bit of the same old story as we fail to do enough to win the game.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-slavia.jpg

Baudry is suspended and Demirovic is recalled to the starting line up in place of Tambe. Hadhria, on paper our best CB, has not been the best performer recently is also put into the starting 11. Demirovic scores the opener after some fine work by Dolidze and after a sticky spell in the middle of the second half, Schuler provides a worldy of an assist for Tambe to head in from 12 yards. Sparta Prague win the league with 3 games to spare and a goal difference which I’m jealous of.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-jablonec.jpg

We absolutely batter them but it takes 40 minutes to make the breakthrough before Sejidili is the unlucky party gifting them a goal, which is something we seem to be making a habit of recently.

Demirovic and Tambe combine beautifully for our first goal and then, having changed the tactics to attacking and throw the crosses in, I thought we’d won it when one of them bounced off their defender to roll into the net. However, once again, we don’t defend properly from a corner and make it easy for them to grab a point. A Jablonec victory means that we’re guaranteed fourth position and European football as a result.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-cup-qualification.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-zlin.jpg

A great opportunity against already relegated Zlin to give the fans something to cheer in the final game of the season, which we do as we record our biggest league win of the season. Tambe leaves it until the last game of the season to show what he’s actually capable of.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-review.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-awards.jpg

No real surprises with the season awards as Baudry was head and shoulders the best player of the season and buying the extra quality has paid dividends. It’s not a great surprise that GK Chovan is runner up either, although some way behind, as he put in some great performances through the season.

Only Tambe got into double figures in the goalscoring charts, although Demirovic put in a good cameo towards the end of the season. 11 different goalscorers and 13 players contributing assists does show a good spread across the team. Disappointingly, only 5 of the players are Czech and it has proved a real challenge to attract the quality to the squad to increase this.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-player-stats.jpg

5. June - July 2026

My thoughts on that season - we definitely outdid ourselves and achieved a higher league position than I expected, particularly when you consider the relative quality of our players to those in the teams around us.

The strikers were, generally, not clinical enough and didn’t get enough goals - though this is probably more to do with Fila and Prokopec not being as good in the AMC advanced playmaker position as I would have liked. Had they had better support from the wingback positions, they may have scored more too.

Midfieders were generally solid, although Baudry would probably appreciate some additional quality next to him.

The defence were also pretty solid most of the time - paradoxically, the CB’s are the best players in the squad but it doesn’t always come across that way on the pitch. We conceded a lot of penalties, although this was more to do with the way we played than the CB’s being poor.

Improvements are needed all over the pitch so it could be a busy transfer window with a preference for players who can make an immediate impact and Czech players if available.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-curry-profile.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-svoboda-profile.jpg

These two prospects are in the reserves team and were on loan last season. Curry is already better than Gyamareh so replaces him in the first team squad. Svoboda was been brought in to replace Baris but this looks like it might be the right time to promote him as well.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-kdiri-profile.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-hajji-profile.jpg

One of my targets is acquired as we sign Dutch midfielders Kadiri & Hajji on free transfers and in outgoing transfer news, bids of £3m are accepted for Vazda from Chelsea, PSG, Man Utd and Arsenal. He signs for PSG in the end.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-hrdlicka-profile.jpg

18 year old Hrdlicka comes in to replace Vazda for a fee considered excessive by the media, but time will tell. He won’t be a first team starter, but will be expected to grow into the first team and playing with 3 centre-backs allows the option for rotation as well.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-uefa-cup-draw.jpg

The UEFA cup gives us a tough qualifying round draw against Hungarian opposition in Debrecen. Just as I’m looking forward to the start of the season, 3 massive jobs become available. I’m probably not experienced enough for any of them, but apply in any case.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-available-jobs.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-krejci-profile.jpg

I also put some of the Vazda transfer to very good use and sign Krejci from Most, although I think that should be the transfer business completed. Krejci was the media's favourite to the be league's top goalscorer this season, so hopefully this will turn out to be shrewd business.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-friendly-results.jpg

Not as many friendlies as I would have liked due to the European involvement, but they go well, winning the expected ones and making money from the Liverpool & Red Bull Leipzig games.

Feyenoord are first to turn down my approach.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-debrecen.jpg

Debrecen rather played into our hands with a narrow formation allowing Schuler and Jedlicka in the wingback positions to flourish and all 3 goals come from wide crosses. Good to see Demirovic continuing his fine goalscoring form from last season.

6. August 2026

It’s a very busy month coming up…

With this game coming so soon after the Debrecen game, a number of changes are needed, although its one of the players I don’t change; Demirovic who comes up with the goods. CB Chambon is the deserved man of the match with an outstanding defensive display.

Neither Ajax or Basel were interested in my applications for the available jobs so it’s time to knuckle down here and see if I can build my reputation this way.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-debrecen.jpg

A 3-1 lead going into the second leg gives some cause for optimism and Dolidze’s goal on his first start of the season is enough to take us through.
    The playoff round pitches us against Portugese outfit, Vit. Setubal before the group stages.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-jedlicka-offer.jpg

Valencia have been sniffing around WBR Jedlicka for a while and I’ve been batting the offers away, although it would appear that the board had different ideas.

Again, there’s just 2 days between the games and it’s taking it’s toll on the condition of the team as I have to make a number of changes. It looks as though we have found in Demirovic the consistent goalscorer we were lacking last season and in Kadiri, the advanced playmaker. Krejci gets his first for the club with a simple tap in after good work from WBL Schuler. Demirovic’s contract is extended.

Two wins out of two is a great start.

Krejci starts against his former club and, as is usually the case, scores although nothing of any interest happens until 10 minutes from the end. Having taken the lead we shut the game down, go into full defensive mode and make the changes to keep the clean sheet. We were outplayed in parts and Most had the better of the chances so a bit of a fortunate win.

Jedlicka confirms his move to Valencia, so 19 year old Turkish wingback Korkmaz is recalled from his loan to take his place in the squad.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-setubal-h-.jpg

Setubal have 12 shots during the game, all on target so it’s something of a surprise that we managed to keep them down to 1, but it leaves us with a really tricky away game.

After the optimism of the last league games, this was a bit of an anticlimax. Korkmaz didn’t cover himself in glory on his debut and it needed Krejci to spare his blushes.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-setubal-.jpg

Again, their stats were ridiculous with 10 of 11 on target, although apart from a loose Chambon OG in the first half we contained them up until a silly 15 minutes after half time. When we changed the formation and tactics on the hour mark, we started to play a bit but the 2 goals from Chambon & Krejci were too little too late to make a difference.

Demirovic makes the difference and is clinical, putting away his only chance and getting us the 3 points in a tightly fought game against Kralove, although the plaudits should be going to the defence as they were outstanding as the pressure mounted towards the end of the game.

The win takes us, temporarily at least, to the top of the table.

7. September 2026

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-youth-facilities-work.jpg

My persistence with the board pays off as they either finally succumb to my request for improved training facilities, or simply agree to it just to get rid of me.

Bohemians only created one chance from a cross which we couldn’t defend properly. The fact that their goalkeeper was man of the match and we missed a penalty indicates we had plenty of chances to win the game but were sloppy at the business end of the pitch. Given Demirovic’s recent fine goalscoring run, this was disappointing!

A number of teams are sniffing around my first choice keeper; Chovan, so in an attempt to be pro-active, I sign transfer listed Jedlicka from Sparta Prague in the expectation that Chovan will move before the end of the transfer window.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-jedlicka-profile.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sigma.jpg

Jedlicka comes in and makes his debut and my strikers pay the price for the inability to find the net in the previous game as Demirovic and Krejci are replaced by Petrovikj and Dolidze. A really poor result in which we couldn’t string 2 passes together - one to forget.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-transfers.jpg

The transfer window closes with a healthy profit having been made. Of the incoming players, Kadiri is the most exciting in the AMC position. Of the outgoing, losing Vazda was disappointing but we also managed to get rid of a number of fringe players for reasonable fees and reduce the wage bill as well - all in all, a pretty good transfer window.

Hopefully, a cup game against lower league opposition can provide some respite from the poor recent league performances - the team is rotated to allow some fringe players some game time

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-ceske.jpg

In terms of stats, this was the most one-sided game I have ever seen. How we didn’t score more than just 1, I don’t know…and how we didn’t score until added time, I don’t know either. In any case, a win is a win and we’re through to the next round.

A tough away game to the league champions to complete the month and, despite a much improved performance from us, and Demirovic’s glimmer of hope, we can’t do enough to get the draw. 3 straight losses in the league has hurt our form considerably and we fall to 6th position from leading the league.

8. October 2026

Jedlicka’s poor form means he is replaced in goal by Chovan. Kadiri is given a more attacking duty which pays off as he scores his first for the club, forces the own goal and then assists Kober’s second half goal before he’s taken off with an injury. I wasn’t anticipating such an improved performance after last months very poor results.

A bit of a disappoiniting game after the previous performance - I thought we did enough to win it, making the better chances but they just fell to the wrong people in the box. A clean sheet is never a bad result but it could have been better. The 4th round of the FA cup draws us against top league opposition in Brno which will be a tough game, although being drawn at home makes it a little easier.

Neither Demirovic or Krejci have scored in the last 2 games so they’re replaced by Petrovikj and Dolidze and CB Hadhria replaces Hrdlicka at the back. An top drawer counter-attacking performance brings home the three points with Kadiri’s 30 yard free kick being the outstanding moment of the game. Petrovikj’s first goal of the season ensures he’ll be starting the next game too.

It took an absolute age for Prochazka to seal with the win against his old club as last years losing finalists make us work for the win. Once again, the probable dominant team, Sparta Prague have been knocked out so the competition looks open to all.

Last edited by Edd1920; 13/09/2017 at 08:25 PM.

9. November 2026

Dukla Prague, firmly rooted to the bottom of the league come to town and the fans are expecting a comfortable win. The strikers are rotated again and the points are desperately needed as the top 7 in the league are separated by just 3 points. Dolidze is the outstanding performer with a goal and 2 assists and WBR Curry rounds off the scoring with his first for the club. A nice result.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-kadiri-cap.jpg

Kadiri wins his first international cap and is rapidly becoming my key player in the AMC role - considering he was picked up on a free he is proving to be something of a bargain and my assistant manager is telling me is a leading player for the league.

As a result of their good performances against Dukla, Demirovic & Dolidze keep their places as we hope to maintain the pressure on the top 3, if not the league leaders. Kadiri is obviously listening to my praise as he assists and knocks in a penalty and the win takes us back to the top as we approach the halfway point of the season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-barik-ostrava.jpg

Ostrava are currently sitting in 13th and again, the media and fans are expecting a comfortable win. Demivoric is replaced by Petrovikj but the victory fails to materialise as we are unable to make the final pass good enough to provide any goalscoring opportunites. Chambon scores from another Kadiri free-kick meaning that he has either scored or assisted in each of the last 4 games.

10. December 2026 - February 2027

Normally I’d be looking at renewing contracts over the winter break, but there aren’t any that expire in the summer in the first team so I’m content that I’m not going to lose anyone that I want to keep. A number of contracts in the reserves are due to expire which will free up another £2.5k a week.

Unfortunately, my relatively low wage budget is prohibiting the sort of players I could attract to make the team better and there is no-one in the squad that is not wanted so it would have to be an opportunity too good to turn down for someone to come in over the transfer window, although a left-footed poacher would fit the team’s structure perfectly.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-estimated-value.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-estimated-turnover.jpg

The team’s value & turnover compared to others show we are probably hitting above our weight in terms of league position. I’m sure a couple of seasons in the Champions League would help here, but its something of a vicious circle as its proving difficult to break the Sparta Prague / Viktoria Plzen duopoly.

The final game before the winter break sees us travel to Jablonec.

The injured Schuler is replaced by Jezdik and the strikers are rotated again which pays off as Krejci scores from fine wingback play by Curry and retraining him from a DR is clearly paying dividends now.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-friendlies.jpg

A pretty terrible result to come back to. Not sure what was wrong with the players, but they just didn’t seem to get their act together and missed a couple of fantastic chances as well. By the time I had made tactical changes to attempt to deal with the issue, it was too late, although it led to a nice finish from Demirovic, again proving the benefit of the left footed striker in the left hand slot of the 2…and hopefully why new signing Marin will fit in so well.

The winter break finishes with some transfer business. My GK Chovan, who I was expecting to move in the summer, leaves along with reserve player Karapetyan. French youngster Marin is brought in. He fits the template of what I want my strikers to look like but is perhaps 2 or 3 seasons away from a first team place. I spent most of the window rejecting bids for Hrdlicka, Curry and Baudry.

Kadiri, surely too good for this level, is again the saviour as he produces a couple of goals out of the top drawer in a game that both teams really did enough to win.

The 3 points are vital as Sparta Prague seem to be pulling clear again, and again the teams positioned in 2nd and 7th are seperated by just one win. The top 3 will enter the European qualification places so that has to be our aim after a third place finish last season.

11. March 2027

Baudry is missing due to suspension and with Prochazka and Svoboda injured, Hajjii has to come in and play in an unfamiliar position. I aso give back-up GK Bozik his first start of the season. An entirely scrappy win which was only sealed at the end thanks to a late, late goal from that man Kadiri.

Bozik keeps his place and Prochazka returns from injury to make a goalscoring return. We managed to restrict Bohemians to a solitary off-target shot on goal in an utterly dominant display which led to a very comfortable win in the end. The only disappointment is that we couldn’t score more than just the two goals.

The board expectations for this season were to qualify for the European Cup - that’s a top 3 finish - and, at least, to reach the quarter final of the cup which I’m on target to do. However, I’m struggling to see how I can progress this team with the limited funds available and I’m wondering whether I can take the team any further…

A game that was as tight as the scoreline suggests was only lit up by Demirovic’s 10th goal of the season and he is on his way to chasing Milan Baros’s 2016/17 record of 15 goals in a season.

Remarkably, league leaders Sparta Prague lose to the bottom club Dukla Prague and we go to second position on equal points with Sparta helped by the three straight wins this month.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-qtr-final-draw.jpg

We’re drawn at home to Dukla Prague in the quarter final of the cup, which is the stage we reached last year. Dukla are currently bottom of the league, but their result against Sparta shows they won’t be a walkover.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-manager-month.jpg

12. April 2027

Dolidze comes in for Krejci and a couple of other changes are made, including the promotion of Jedlicka back into goal. Something of a ding dong battle and the margin would have been even better if Hadhria hadn’t have missed an early first half penalty. Dolidze takes his league total to 5 goals which represents his best in a Liberec shirt.

It was at this stage last year when I went out of the cup, having played a weakened team. I’m determined not to repeat that mistake, although I do give a debut to 18year old Marin who was signed in the summer. Marin had a solid, if unspectacular game, but was overshadowed by 20 year old Dutch AMC Hajji who scored and provided the assist to take us through to the Semi finals.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-record.jpg

…we set a new record relating to games won, although this is in danger of not being added to as we have Sparta coming to us next…

The league is tight at the top and this is a huge game against the team in second. It’s a very even game and we were unlucky to concede as a result of a defensive error early on in the game. After that we were much better though and they didn’t look like like scoring, although it took a long time to make the breakthrough - trawling through Bosnia & Herzegovina to find Demirovic is paying off.

The top 3 are all now on equal points and this could be a scintillating run in with 7 games left, 4 at home, 3 away.

Hajji gets a start as a result of his good performance in the cup, but is largely ineffectual and it’s his replacement; Kadiri, who makes an instant impact with his first touch being a pinpoint through ball for Demirovic to tuck away. Surprisingly, neither Boleslav in second, or Sparta in third can manage a win so we end the weekend with a slight 2 point cushion as we sit, amazingly, at the top of the league.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-semi.jpg

The draw for the semi final has been kind, pitching us against Sokolov, the only lower league team left in the competition in a game which we should win, but need to be wary of complacency. Our good form has not gone un-noticed as I am shortlisted for the Czech manager of the year which is pretty cool.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-manager-shortlist.jpg

At home, to the team in 13th, who have only won in the last 5…although we make easy work of it and it would have been even more comfortable had Kadiri scored his penalty in the first half. For once, Krejci takes the limlelight from Demirovic and, whilst he’s not living up to the pre-season media prediction of being the league’s top scorer, he’s certainly making a valuable contribution.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sokolov.jpg
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-sokolov-penalties.jpg

A place in the final is at stake as we travel to Division 2 team Sokolov, with a slightly changed team, although still a strong one as I’ve hopefully learned my lesson from previous games. We were shocking and despite a number of clear chances, hitting the woodwork and having 2 goals disallowed, Sokolov took us all the way to penalties. Plzen await in the final.

13. May 2027

So, here we are - the final month and the final 5 games of the season and a cup final to look forward to. We’re 3 points clear at the top and due to play 3 of the 5 games away from home, including to third placed Mlada Boleslav and fourth placed Plzen. We’ve already exceeded board expectations to get to the final of the cup and the league tarted is to finish in the top 3…let’s see how we get on.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-manager-month.png - April’s good performances get noticed.

Despite having more of the possession, we didn’t do enough to win the game and succumb in what was a fairly evenly contested game.

Boleslav’s last result was a convincing 4-0 win which was enough to push them into second place so this is a must win first vs second game. An outstanding smash and grab performance, culminating in 5 minutes of the most effective keep-ball session I’ve seen us have. Boleslav managed to hit the woodwork 4 times but couldn’t beat MoM Jedlicka in goal, although of his 13 games in goal that’s only his second clean sheet.

The win puts us 4 points clear with a bit of breathing space.
    Dukla are fighting for their first division lives and embroiled in a relegation battle. Sitting in 14th just 2 and points above 15th placed Banik Ostrava and 16th placed Hradec Kralove. At this stage of the season, any points they can pick up will be vital so this is not a foregone conclusion by any means.

An utterly frustrating game. We didn’t create that many chances, but those we did were good enough to win the game and we hit the woodwork twice with, surprisingly, Demirovic being the main culprit.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-fa-cup-preview.jpg

Having not appeared in the final of the competition since 2014/2015 (which they won) this is a great opportunity to add my first silverware of my reign, although the odds make Plzen slight favourites on the day and they have the head-to-head advantage. Plzen have serious pedigree, having reached the knockout stages of the Euro Cup, although their league form doesn’t back this up, with them languishing in 7th place.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-plzen-final-.jpg

It would be sod’s law that we’d save our worst performance of the season for the cup final. We really should be compensating the fans who came to watch that as, even when we went to a stupid 2-4-4 formation with 10 minutes left to grab a goal, we still only managed 2 shots, neither of which were on target. A horrible performance which probably got the result it deserved.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-curry-call.jpg - he may have only been brought into the first team squad this year but with high leadership and determination stats, the 22 year old is already a pretty good example to the rest of the team.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-brno-stats.jpg

Hoping to get the result of the crappy cup final out of their system, we have 2 home games. Kadiri and Schuler both need a break so are replaced for this game. A very frustrating game, and the stats pretty much say it all. Their penalty was an odd one…the ball was crossed in from the wing, my keeper came out and fouled the forward whilst attempting to claim the ball, which he completely missed - the ball rolled over the line, the ref blew for a penalty.

So here we are - the final game of the season against the team in 15th. A win will guarantee the unlikeliest of league wins. A draw or loss would, obviously, not be ideal but if results go our way elsewhere may be enough. Hopefully we’ll avoid the gamble and just win it to make sure…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-banik-ostrava.jpg

As has so often been the case this season, Kadiri comes up with the goods powering in a 30 yard freekick and securing a MoM performance in the process. A solid defensive show after that secures the 3 points and a very unlikely league title in the process - Slovan’s first since 2011/12. All things considered, although a great title win which makes up for the cup loss, that was an odd month as we scored just 4 goals in the last 5 league games.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-slovan-win-league.jpg

Oh, and there was this too…I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-mgr-year-award.jpg

14. June - July 2027

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-review.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-stats.jpg

Unsurprisingly, Kadiri was the oustanding player of the season and well deserved is award as he led with assists. Demirovic was, more or less, consistent in front of goal and was definitely the pick of the strikers. Petrovikj was disappointing with just one league goal in 12 games and, to be honest, with youngster Marin in the reserves, could go if the right offer comes in.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-player-stts.jpg

Kadiri is the most effective player of the season - a great return of both goals and assists from the AMC position. Schuler and Curry in the wingback positions provided a good return in terms of assists and Krejci and Dolidze supported Demirovic with a number of goals too.

My assistant manager tells me that there are weaknesses in terms of leadership (which I’m surprised about), aggression and passing so this would be good to deal with in the transfer window if possible.

I have great delight in turning down an approach from Sparta Prague - reputationally, they’re probably a step up but it’s taken me nearly 3 years to get this Liberec team how I want it, so I’m not leaving just yet, and if I do, it won’t be to stay in the same league.

A number of contractsare extended to push players beyond 2028 - the two that aren’t are Bozik, my reserve GK and Petrovikj, who I’m looking to replace with a better option.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-board-expectations.jpg

These seem reasonable, although the board haven’t been especially generous with their transfer allocation, so let’s hope for a reasonable Champions League campaign to boost the coffers. The media’s pre-season prediction puts to finish 3rd as well.

In 2022 when I was managing FC Midtjylland I qualified for the Champions League but left before playing any games, so this will be my first game in the competition as we face Bosnian opposition in the second qualifying phase.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sarajevo-.jpg
    The 2 goals come from corners which gives us a very good chance of progression.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sarajevo-h.jpg
    Lots of possession, but utterly wasteful in front of goal - disappointing not to get at least one goal out of that but the most important thing is that we’re through to the next round to face…FC Midtjylland…hmnnnn - one of those coincidences that seems to come up in football regularly.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-fc-midt-.jpg
    Its nice to see some of the lads again and a good number of my signings are still there, including Damgaard, who was always a player with high potential and he shows he’s on his way to achieving it with an unbelievable hat-trick of 3 efforts from outside the box. Demirovic partly recovers the situation for us, but it’s likely to be a very tricky home leg, made even more tricky by Demirovic’s 3-4 week layoff with a pulled hamstring.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-blsany.jpg
    Newly promoted Blsany are the meat in the Midtjylland sandwich and it’s a completely impotent, frustrating display as we dominate possession, but fail to get anything like enough shots on target…again.

15. August 2027

The last few games have resulted in plenty of possession, but few shots on goal and very few on target so some changes are needed to improve this and they’re put into place ahead of the second leg of the Champions League qualifying round.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-midt-h.jpg
    Baudry has 3 freekicks in the first 25 minutes, each one getting gradually closer and he duly scores the one right on the edge of the box. The increase in tempo and the more direct approach seems to pay off as it unsettles Midtjylland, but it’s a tight win in the end that puts us through to the playoffs on away goals.

No easy games await in the Champions League playoff, and we are by far and away the smallest team in the draw…and we get…
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-champs-league-draw.jpg

Krejci has the perfect opportunity to score against his old club but fluffs his lines missing a penalty in the first half. Luckily for him, 19 year old French striker Marin scores on his debut with a calm finish that belies his lack of experience.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-johlava.jpg
    Demirovic’s absence is severely denting our offensive proficiency, but Kadiri, all round saviour last season, seals the victory for us. We were a bit wasteful and didn’t play particularly well, but 3 points is 3 points and it takes us to the top of the league, albeit it still being early in the season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-liberec-100-games.jpg

And then, ahead of the most important game of the season we have a major blow when first choice keeper Jedlicka is ruled out for 2-3 months with a knee injury and it happens too late to bring in a replacement. This leaves us with Bozik who, frankly, is a reserve keeper for a reason…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-basel-.jpg
    Basel’s experience and Champions League pedigree shone through, even before Schuler’s red card and this, combined with having Bozik in goal, really did us no favours. Gifting them 2 penalties was obviously not in the script either.

Schuler does his best to make up for his indiscretion in the last game and scores his first league goals for the club. For whatever reason, after the goals, we completely went to pot and Slavia took full advantage of the situation.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-basel-h.jpg
    The damage was done in the first leg, but the two games just go to show how far we are from competing with the better teams in Europe, with my old player Tuanzebe rubbing a bit of salt into the wounds - the keeper got what looked to be solid hands to both efforts but couldn’t keep them out.

On the plus side, we get nearly £3m to add to the bank account and proceed to the UEFA Cup group round for the first time, after being knocked out in the playoff last season…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-uefa-cup-group.jpg
    Napoli are surely touted to be comfortable winners, but I see both Braga and Djurgardens as winnable games - particularly at home.

The title defence continues to stutter with a thoroughly unconvicing performance away at Boleslav. We’re punished by 2 defensive errors and Boleslav take full advantage of our slack defending to record their win. League-wise, that was a rather disappointing month.

16. September 2027

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-van-der-hart-profile.jpg

A replacement is sought for Bozik and Dutch keeper Van Der Hart looks to be the business as he comes in on a free.

Van Der Hart makes his first start straight away and the tactics are tinkered with to speed the play up and take advantage of their narrow formation. First Kadiri, then Hipp are the recipients of the extra width being exploited and we managed to hang on despite their late goal. The result would have been even more comfortable had it not been for another missed Demirovic penalty.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-djurgardens.jpg
    Krejci finally discovers his shooting boots this season and his brace sees us past Djurgardens, albeit with a nervous last 20 minutes when defensive reinforcements were brought on to withstand a full on onslaught. A great result, made even better by the fact that Napoli and Braga could only manage a draw.

Back to league business and Krejci starts again. Svoboda is given a BBM role in CM to provide another option and the shackles are let off the team generally, which results in a comfortable victory with Demirovic leading the way.

The transfer window closes with very little business done - only a GK brought in as my first choice is on the injury list and will be for some time. A combination of a tiny wage budget and there not being the players I wanted/needed on the market, meant it was quiet.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-taborsko.jpg
    Second division Taborsko should have been a relatively easy game, but we just didn’t have the guile to break through the two parked buses and couldn’t manage to make the breakthrough or have the composure to make the most of being taken to penalties. Considering we reached the final last season, it’s hugely disappointing to be out knocked out at the first hurdle.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-teplice.jpg
    Another disappointing toothless display destroys the momentum built up from the previous good results and not good preparation to face European middleweights; Napoli.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-napoli.jpg
    Despite taking an early lead and dominating the first half an hour, we couldn’t add to the Demirovic goal in front of a ful stadium - the ticket sales are really helping the club finances. A valiant effort against a good side, but we weren’t outclassed.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-table.jpg

17. October 2027

Misfiring AF Dolidze has to come in for the injured Krejci and a number of other changes are needed as there has been little time to recover after the Napoli game. As it happens, it’s Dolidze who makes the breakthrough with his first goal for a remarkable 18 hours. A comfortable win in which we really should have won by a bigger margin.

Dolidze keeps his place, although it’s Hipp who was outstanding in defence, who manages to get forward to bag the crucial effort. Not quite sure how we didn’t score more, or earlier, after it felt like we spent the full 90 minutes peppering their keeper with efforts.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-braga.jpg
    A tough away game in store so I I add an extra DM and set the team up to play for a draw. WBL Jezdik scores after some corner pinball and the game stays that way. Absolutely delighted with 3 points from that one and this month is already looking better than the previous one. Quite rightly, after the game, I field questions about GK Van Der Hart’s performances since he’s come in as that’s 3 clean sheets on the trot.

The complete opposite to the previous game as we play 15th placed Brno so we revert to a more attacking system. The top 7 teams are separated by just 2 points so a win would be crucial and it’s the forwards who do the business in a comfortable victory. Demirovic takes his league total to 4 (9 overall) to become the clubs top scorer this season.

Another home game against a team in a lowly position gives the team the opportunity to go out and enjoy themselves which they do, with Demirovic leading the troops. We were already comfortable by the time of the sending off, but after that we dominated and the win takes us top on goal difference.

An outstanding month with 5 straight wins and not even a goal conceded, which makes Septembers results even more frustrating. Demirovic gets into double figures for the second consecutive season and CB Hipp has added 5 goals to the mix as well.

Morale is good, the team are playing well, the results are flowing...this football managing malarkey is easy!!

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-table.jpg

Last edited by Edd1920; 08/10/2017 at 05:37 PM.

18. November 2027

Octobers fantastic result bring about a well deserved (in my humble opinion) manager of the month award, though it’s the players who really deserve it…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-mgr-award.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-braga.jpg
    Given our recent good form, and the away result against Braga I may have got a bit overconfident and forgot who we were playing in as we were astonishingly lucky to get even a point out of this game. Braga dominated, hitting the woodwork twice and missing clear cut chances as we failed to land too many punches.

The competition is doing the finances the world of good though as we have already made 8 times what we made last year in prize money:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-prize-money.jpg

The unbeaten run continues, but not the clean sheets in a game we had to battle for in a below par performance. 18 year old Marin comes off the bench to force the point for us after some great work from WBL Jezdik whose third assist in 6 games means he’s already had his most productive season.My contract expires at the end of this season and having already been here for the longest period of my career, I think it will be time to move on regardless of what happens for the remainder of the season.

Marin gets a start as a reward for his point-taking goal in the last game but otherwise the team is unchanged. AF Krejci misses the best chance of the game in an otherwise uneventful performance, albeit one in which we were second best for most of. The gap to the top increases and we have a must win game against Slovacko, currently leading the table, coming up...

...b
    ut before that, we have the small matter of a European game against winless Djurgadens. A couple of suspensions and injuries mean that it’s a slightly changed team. Their narrow formation also means that the tactics are tweaked to try and take advantage of the space that will be wide that our wing-backs will, hopefully, find themselves in.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-djurgardens.jpg
    One of those tweaks; giving Baudry into a more attacking role pays off as he times a late run into the box to perfection tap in a Kadiri cross. Kadiri’s free kick doubles our total and Dolidze drills in a third before halftime. It all started to go a bit wrong just after halftime, but the boys held on to secure a very important 3 points and, unbelievably, progression to the knock-out stages with a game to spare.

Sitting 4 points behind the league leaders; Slovacko, means this is a critical game.
    Knocked on the door for 90 minutes….couldn’t make the breakthrough.

Top 5 teams separated by just 4 points - it’s tough at the top.

19. December 2027 - January 2028

Krejci, with 6 goals and 6 assists, is restored to the starting line-up along with Jezdik at WBL and we travel to bottom placed Bisany.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-blsany.jpg
    Nothing happens until the 51st minute, then Demirovic bags himself a quickfire hat-trick and it stays that way.

On the one hand, the game against Napoli doesn’t matter as we’ve already progressed…on the other, I definitely don’t want the team to lose morale by getting battered. Someflair is sacrificed in the middle of the park as Baudry is replaced by true DM Svoboda.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-napoli.jpg
    So, the stats don’t make good reading but considering that was a) against Napoli; and b) in front of nearly 60,000 people which none of these players have encountered before, that is not a result to be embarrassed by. On the plus side, the winter break gives the chance to put that result out of their minds.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-job-opportunities.jpg…ooooooooooh - these are worth keeping an eye on.

Fuck…I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-cupdraw.jpg...there are a few teams in the draw I felt we could have competed against, but these aren’t one of them and that’s a harsh draw against the club I grew up supporting, and hope to manage one day.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-gala-approach.jpg - although it looks like there’s no need to keep an eye on those jobs as Galatasaray make the first move. A massive reputation, a significant wage and transfer budget and the fact that my contract is up in 6 months means this move is something of a no-brainer.

It seems like I’m leaving another pretty good team behind. The league win was a great achievement, especially in a league as tight as this, but the cup results were disappointing. I’m disappointed by the lack of player bias in the profile, but having looked back through my transfers, the minority have been Czech.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-liberec-overview.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-mgr-profile.jpg
    Last edited by Edd1920; 14/10/2017 at 08:45 AM.

20. Name:  Gala logo.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  13.4 KB
    January 2028

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-welcome-gala.jpg

Despite being the league holders, Galatasaray are currently languishing in 11th position, although only 8 points behind the league leaders; Trabzonspor. With still 19 games left, this should be easily surmountable and the top 5 qualify for Europe in one form or another. We’re already out of the Champions League this season (knocked out at the group stage) although dominating the group stage of the Turkish cup before the knockout rounds.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-player-profiles.jpg

The squad looks balanced with plenty of quality, which you’d expect from a team that has just won the league. There seems a large number of foreigners, but it’s consistent with the other top teams in the league and what looks to be a good mix of experience and youth. The only thing that looks to be missing is a really strong dominant DM.

I’m not used to managing players on £92,000 a week and worth £9m though…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-pot-formation.jpg

The players fit a 4-2-3-1 formation, which I’m generally not a fan of, but will give it a crack as its most suitable at the moment. It’s heavily weighted to attack down the right hand side as that’s where my slightly stronger players are. I’m not sure about having just the one sole striker - Ive not had much success with this - but trial and error will see how we get on. I’m also going to keep any eye on the middle two as we risk being exposed, particularly with midfielders who have better passing stats than tackling.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-osmanlispor.jpg In the first of 5 consecutive away games, Sarl makes sure that my opening game goes to plan with 2 goals and an assist each from the AMC role, one in each half. Although Osmanlispor are one of the weaker teams in the league I’m impressed with how the tactic held up and it was reassuring to note that we weren’t exposed on the right hand side.

If Sarl is able to keep getting into those positions and continues to be as clinical as this, then it bodes well for the rest of the season.The only position I don’t have back up for is the AMR position so 17 year old Mehmet is recalled from his loan for the time being. I could also do with increasing the tackling qualities of the central midfielders.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-kasimpasa.jpg Australian striker Smith is given a start for the group stage game and Mehmet replaces the suspended Guler but it’s Berkay who makes the breakthrough. Despite pushing on after the red card, we couldn’t add to the solitary goal although Alorcan has a goal disallowed.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-trabzonspor.jpg Some rotation is needed due to the hectic schedule. There’s also a slight formation change as Van De Beek is dropped into a DM position to help strengthen the area in front of the defence although it doesn’t seem to make a difference as we can only manage a draw.

The narrow mentality and the different roles of the front 4 all make a huge difference as there is a variety of movement and runs going on - this coupled with the roam from position instruction means that, offensively at least, there always seems to the spare man to pass to.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-rizespor-cup-.jpg Having already qualified from Group G with today’s opponents, the chance is taken to allow some fringe players some first team action. However, without Sari scoring and Berkay pulling the strings behind him, we are nowhere near as incisive or clinical. Smith got into some great positions but failed repeatedly in one-on-ones.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-rizespor-league-.jpg We travel to the same team again, although in the league this time and, as 8 points behind the leaders, a win is essential, which only just comes with 2 goals right at death. It looks like we were lucky, but in truth we battered them but couldn’t make the breakthrough. AML Alcorcan was the standout player with 2 assists. Sarl nets his tenth of the season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-karbukspor.jpg I finally get to experience a home game as we welcome Karabukspor to Istanbul in the cup. Smith gets another chance as he starts the game and Van de Beek and Junior are pushed into support roles. Smith works hard, but it’s Guhler and Alcorcon with 2 assists that take the plaudits.

Last edited by Edd1920; 17/10/2017 at 11:23 PM.

21. February 2028

Busy month this, with 6 league games and the first leg of a cup quarter final.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-altinordu.jpg Changes are made to the RB, a CM and AML positions due to a lack of fitness. Thomsen is without a goal or assist, but Koc comes in as the leading creative player in the squad. An outstanding performance as Altinordu couldn’t cope with the tempo and accuracy of the passing as Ceyhun and Berkay destroy the opposition. Thomsen gets his assist

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-akhisor.jpg
    Ceyhun leads the line superbly with a goal and 2 assists but it’s Thomsen who gets the MoM award with his first goal for the club. That’s 10 goals in the last 3 games with none conceded, lots of clear cut chances and some good football to boot. Portugese CB Dufau has been outstanding as well but it looks as though his fee will be too much to take on a permanent basis. The CM balance has been improved over the last couple of games by assigning one a defend duty but it needs a midefielder or two with better defensive qualities, so the search starts now.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-konyaspor.jpg
    Smith gets another chance to lead the line in the first leg of the cup game against Konyaspor and makes the most of it with an early goal. Unfortunately, we can’t kick on after scoring the goal and good chances are missed, most notably from Eroglu who squandered a one-on-one opportunity. They nailed their 2 shots on target & a tough second leg awaits…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-gazantespipor.jpg Guler and Ceyhun are restored to the starting line-up against the 14th placed team. Their late goal put a blemish on what was otherwise a dominant display and was pretty much the way I want these guys to play. Alcoran was the stand-out performer with 2 assists but the strength is in the core of Dufai, Ahmet, Berkan and Ceyhun

Another £700k for the win to add to the account and I was wondering why we weren’t making more money…the 2 chairman’s loans and the staggering debt levels answer that question.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-chairman-loans.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-karabapspor.jpg
    One of the players’ whose position is under threat; Junior, comes in for the suspended Van De Beek and Yasar comes in to play RB. Alorcan follows up his two assists in the previous game with early and late contributions to make it 5 straight wins and drag us to within 3 points of the league leaders which, really, is where we should be.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-eligszapor.jpg Alorcan’s good form won’t continue as he’s injured in training and Ceyhun, who hasn’t scored in 3, is dropped for Smith. Junior keeps his place & Kucuk comes in for Ahmet. A fully fit Gunter replaces Roseth at CB. Kucuk makes the most of a rare start spanking the ball in from 35 yards in the most one sided 1-0 I think I’ve ever participated in.

We’ve hunted down the leaders and won 7 of the 8 league games I’ve been in charge of to reduce the gap to just one point. Besiktas and Fenerbahce in 6th and 9th seem to be well out of the running so hopefully the good form can continue.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-kasimpasa.jpg The team is restored to full strength and it shows. Thomsen leads the line with a goal and a great assist for Guler as we record another convincing win. The team is playing well, creating lots of chances (not putting away as many as I’d like however) and they seem happy. A couple of key high profile signings and I think we could push on to the next level.

…that debt though…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-teodoro-profile.jpg

Teodoro is signed on a free contract. He hasn’t cost anything, his wages are relatively low and he looks as though he will be a good back up option with solid tackling stats in the middle of the park.

22. March 2028

A disappointing first leg means we head into the second already with a disadvantage. Absolutely nothing happens for an hour before I throw caution to the wind, taking off a DM, putting on a striker and going on the offensive. We get hit on the counter attack and the only positive is a a very late well worked goal from Ceyhun. Out of the cup, although putting an optimistic spin on things, it means we can concentrate on the league.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-genclerbiligi.jpg
    The full backs are both changed to allow some squad rotation, but other than that it’s the same team to make up for being knocked out of the cup. Berkay bangs in a goal early on as we dominate the first half but it takes a fine through ball from him for Ceyhun to make the scoreline more realistic. Van De Beek has to be substituted before he gets sent off and we see the game out.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-bursaspor.jpg
    We’re playing leagpfrog with Basaksehir at the top of the table so a win is required, which looks likely as the usual suspects put us ahead in a comfortable first half performance. RB Sahin jeopardises the game being sent off at the end of the first half. Although I made moves to strengthen the team having gone down to 10 men, we seemed powerless to resist as they scored 3 quickfire goals in the second half.

Worse news is losing the top league goalscorer; Ceyhun for a month at a critical period of the season as a result of an injury picked up, so here’s hoping Smith can step up.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-eskisehispor.jpg As well as the Smith change, suspended Gunter and Sahin are replaced by Ali Dere - making his first start after a long injury - and Yasar respectively. Roseth powers in from a Berkay corner and Berkay produces a worldy of a through ball for Smith to tap home for the second.

Those Berkay assists mean he has provided 17 goals and 10 assists in all competitions. The solid base of the two deep lying playmakers behind him has allowed Berkay to flourish in the Trequartista role and, being able to find pockets of space, he’s good enough to exploit them.

The injuries must be contagious as it’s AML Alcoran who’s next to suffer as he’s ruled out for 3 weeks. Thomsen, who is a pretty decent replacement, will come in to replace him.

No contracts expire at the end of this season, but there are a number due up for next season. Van De Beek’s contract is renewed and I need to have a look at the others.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sivasspor.jpg
    An early Smith goal sets the tone for the first half which we dominate although we lose the momentum in the second half, and they take full advantage. An unusually ineffective Berkay is replaced by Sittsam, which makes no difference and the failure to win hands the advantage to Basaksehir in the title race.

Only time will tell, but those results against Bursaspor and Sivasspor could prove vital come the end of the season. Besaksehir finished in 8th last season so to be fighting them at the top of the league is something of a surprise. They are one of the remaining teams we have to play so we may be able to recover something by then.

23. April 2028

Dufai, currently with me on loan from Benfica, is one of my better defenders and there is no realistic proposition of purchasing him so the search is on for a CB for next season - ideally, either transfer listed or out of contract as we don’t have much in the pot in terms of a transfer budget. Just as I start looking, one of my scouts brings Kenneth Adeniyi to my attention - his contract is expiring, so is available on a free.

It looks as though he’s not quite been good enough to break into the Dortmund first team but I reckon he will do a job for us.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-adeniyi-profile.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-konyaspor.jpg Both Ceyhun and Acoran are back to fitness, but short of match fitness so only make the subs bench. Dufau’s stupid yellow cards mean that changes are needed - Berkay is sacrificed to restore the back 4 and Ceyhun comes on for Smith who had a largely fruitless game. Not the most convincing result I’ve ever had, but Yasar provides the assist to give Ceyhun the easiest of finishes from 4 yards out.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-istanbul-derby.jpg
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-besiktas.jpg One of, if not the toughest games awaits. The first half, in which they were probably the better team, was a tale of 2 penalties - we missed, they scored. We were better in the second half, but got caught with a sucker punch as we pushed on for the equaliser.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-gala-firing.jpg - in spite of the previous result.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-fenerbahce.jpg Another very tough game and another disappointing result which pretty much puts paid to any chance we have of winning the league this season after being in a promising position a few games ago.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-basakhasir.jpg A third very tough game as we travel to the league leaders with a team that’s on a pretty poor run and weakened by suspensions and key players who aren’t fit. A wholly wretched performance even before the red card as we were barely able to put two passes together, let alone mount a coherent attack.

A poor month and I’ve fallen short of the board expectations to win the title. Hopefully, with just the 2 home games remaining we can at least finish the season in style. At the risk of sounding bitter, and fully appreciating that we have to play all the teams twice, the fixture list didn't help us out this time round.

24. May 2028

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-osmanlispor.jpg
    I don’t know how it took 74 minutes to make the breakthrough as we missed a number of good chances with Guler being the main culprit. Another Yasar cross for another Ceyhun goal seals the victory, although we rode our luck at the end as they hit the post twice in quick succession. In the end, a good result, particularly as we were again missing key players - most notably first choice keeper; Suarez.

Remarkably Basaksehir, who were predicted a fifth place finish and had 30-1 odds to take the title, win the league with a game to spare.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-trabzonspor.jpg Suarez returns to the first team. Ceyhun and Berkan both sit on 18 goals for the season so it’s a straight race to see who can finish top scorer. First Alcoran with a sumptuous through ball, then Guler with a lofted cross provide the assists for Ceyhun. Sittsam replaces the unusually quiet Berkay and powers in a header before Ceyhun completes his hat-trick. A convincing win that shows what can be done when we play to our best.

That win means we finish in second and qualify for the Champions League next season and, finally, a decent transfer budget to play with. The squad is pretty decent at the moment, so I’m not desperately looking for anyone. I have a new CB and CM coming in, so it may be that I look for youth to boost the team prospects. Ceyhun finishes the season, not only as top goalscorer, but also with the goal of the season award and 4 others make the team of the year.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-stats.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-review.jpg

Unsurprisingly, Ceyhun and Berkay are well ahead in the goals scored and the only players in double figures. Koc in central midfield is the most creative force but the attacking midfield 3 all make valuable contributions. 12 separate goalscorers over the period of the season. Honourable mention also to Portugese CB Dufai whose stats haven’t appeared for some reason but was also solid.

25. June - July 2028

The squad is pretty strong and the players needed have already been signed so this might be a summer break and transfer window to look for luxuries as there may be players at the European Championships who perform.

Name:  Teodoro joins.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  20.1 KB Name:  Adeniyi joins.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  21.3 KB

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-competition-expectations.jpg

Reaching the group stage of the Champions League is doable and reaching the final of the Turkish Cup should be achievable as well although I failed last season. The league is undoubtedly the big one though and I would like to think we would be there or thereabouts this season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-kanak-joins.jpg
    Turkish international CB Utku Kanak joins for a fee of £12m from Bursaspor as Israeli CB Roseth leaves for Sheffield Wednesday.

Palacios, who spent the whole of last season in the reserves finally leaves for a less-than-he’s-worth fee of £2.8m, but more importantly, frees up £78,000 p/w for the wage budget and that extra money enables me to look for a replacement for my back-up AMC, Sittsam although no-one available is actually better than him.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-champions-league-draw.jpg

Not the easiest draw, but hopefully a strong first leg can put is into a commanding position for the second. All of the teams in the playoff draw are similar so it’s much of a muchness but I am confident of progression.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-dnipro-h-.jpg
    Dnipro look like they’ve set up to park the bus in a very defensive formation. All of my new signings are thrown into the starting line-up to try and deal with it. Unsurprisingly, given their reluctance to come out and play meant that it was a matter of time before we made the breakthrough and ended up comfortable winners in the end. Adeniyi powered in from a corner on his debut and Teodoro in CM was excellent - breaking up play and laying the ball off which is where the Guler goal came from. The only negative being a 3 week layoff for Ceyhun meaning he misses the opening of the season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-muhammet-profile.jpg
    Another Turkish International - Muhammet joins, who looks as though he is to be a decent foil for Van De Beek or Teodoro in the middle of the park. I’ve had to pay a homegrown premium for being Turkish, but he is on a long contract with an extension due so in the longterm it looks like reasonable business.

That takes my transfer window spending to £21m and has drained the account - there will be no more!

26. August 2028
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-dnipro.jpg The formation stays the same, but some key mentalities are changed to encourage a more defensive approach for the away leg. A 3-0 lead is comfortable, but I don’t want to be taking anything for granted. Dnipro play a much more aggressive formation than their first leg although it gives Berkay and Muhammet, who already look like they’ve struck up a pretty good partnership, the time to pick the defenders off. Guler reaps the benefits of their hard work and Gunter pretty much ends the game as a contest just after half-time. Dere (2), Muhammet and Smith with the assists

And having won that, the Champions League throws up a real horror match for the best placed playoff game as we face comfortably the highest seeded team in the draw who have reached the knockout stages in 6 of their last 7 years in the competition.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-chelsea-.jpg Despite the scoreline, I’m not sure we could have done much more and this was just one of those games you hold your hands up and say you were beaten by the better team. Mbappe was outstanding for them and dominated Yasar in the RB position. This, added to the clinical nature of Gurzakovic, meant we didn’t really have an answer. Guler got his fifth in just 3 games in the qualifying and Ceyhuns goal gives us a glimmer of hope in the second leg.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-osmanlispor.jpg I was considering a weakened starting line-up however, thought it would be better to try and get the job done then take off the more important players. Ceyhun misses a penalty and therefore his opportunity to get his hat-trick. Ceyhun, Berkun and Erkan are all taken off to keep them fresh-ish for the next Chelsea game.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-chelsea-h.jpg
    The second leg of the Champions League best placed playoff and we press and press and make all the running, but can’t find either the final ball, or the finish. Ceyhun has a number of good chances and hits the post, but disappointingly can’t put any of them away.

At least we have the consolation of the European Cup to look forward to:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-cup-draw.jpg
    We put 7 past Dnipro in the previous Champions League round and Grasshoppers are the minnows of the group. Bilbao look like they have some serious quality so it could well be us and them for the top spot.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-balakzehesispor.jpg Alorcan takes just 2 minutes to open his season’s account and a Ceyhun goal follows shortly after - both assists from Yasar in the RB position. The opposition weren’t particularly good, but Alorcan and Ceyhun put their chances away giving us a win which takes us top on goal difference.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-tab.jpg

Last edited by Edd1920; 28/10/2017 at 05:00 PM.

27. September 2028

Monaco sweep in late during the window to bid for Alarcon during the International break with a pretty reasonable £8m. Unfortunately, I don’t see any of that amount and have to make do with a season long loan to cover the position and Brazilian winger Pereira is brought in from Lazio. I’m not used to, nor do I enjoy, scrabbling around on transfer deadline day trying to get players in but the Monaco bid was too good to turn down. The sales of Unal, Palacios and Roseth free up some much needed wage budget as well, not that I will see much (any…) of it due to the clubs ridiculous debt levels.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-eskihilispor.jpg A place on the bench will have to do for loan signing Pereira and Berkay, who’s not been at his best, is dropped for Sittsam. Yasar and Thomsen make it easy for Guler to get his 2 goals. Ceyhun makes it 5 in 3 league games for him and an Adeniyi header gives us a comfortable win meaning we stay top.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-bilbao.jpg Morale should be good after 3 straight league wins, so this is as good a time as any to play Bilbao. All things considered, a draw was probably the right result as neither team really did enough to win it although I thought we had the better of the chances.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-trabzonspor.jpg Periera makes his first start, but I’m hoping Ceyhun can continue his fine goalscoring form as we travel to the third placed team. He doesn’t, but Berkay provides our only real spark in a difficult game.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-akhisar.jpg
    Pereira was disappointing and is dropped for Thomsen. CB Ali comes in for Adeniyi for some game time. The sending off forced a tactical change which looked like it had paid off thanks to Gunter’s goal but they quickly pegged us back. A further change and some substitutions paid off as Koc, on for Muhammet, provided the assist for Thomsen’s first of the season. We held on a bit with 10 men, but got the 3 points in the end.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-grasshoppers.jpg I take a bit of a gamble and make a change of formation to try and dominate the midfield as we travel to Switzerland for the second game of the group stage in the European Cup. We dominate the first half without success and it’s an unlikely scorer that gives us the lead shortly after the break. After their equaliser, we go back to what we know which pays dividends as substitute Berkay scores twice to give us what is a flattering scoreline considering the performance.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-table.jpg

28. October 2028

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-karabukspor.jpg Ceyhun is lacking fitness and is replaced by Smith who is pushed to play on the left hand side to take advantage of his left-footedness. Both of my LBs are out of action as well, so CB Adeniyi is going to have to do a job there… Smith is no Ceyhun and despite a lot of work, fails to do anything of note. Just as they look like they’re going to get a point, Karabuskpor throw it away conceding a late penalty dispatched by the substitute Pereira for his first goal of his loan

The 6 week loss of Berkay with a broken collarbone in the previous game is a real problem as Sittsay is simply not on his level and won’t provide the same sort of threat.

Periera is the replacement for Berkay and Smith maintains his place. Neither Pereira or Smith are as effective in their roles as Ceyhun and Berkay and it takes a finely worked goal to seal the three points. Despite going down to 10 men, we were unable to make more of the numerical advantage.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-dnipro.jpg Sittsam comes to me asking for a chance in the first team and since Pereira wasn’t particularly good in the AMC role, he starts. Smith retains his place as Ceyhun still regains full fitness. Playing Smith in the left hand slot on his stronger foot pays off as he tucks a couple of goals away after getting on the end of through balls from midfield. A good win which would have been even more comfortable had I checked my penalty takers were actually on the pitch ahead of the game. Finally, Smith impresses…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-basakhesir.jpg A really tough game away to the league holders and the team currently sitting in second position. A number of changes are needed as this comes so quickly after the Dnipro game and despite giving it everything, we conceded a stupid freekick and then failed to mark to allow a simple headed goal. We dominated possession, chances and hit the woodwork on three occasions but couldn’t make the breakthrough - disappointing.

The Turkish cup groups are drawn, pitching me against Eskinhispor in the Superleague and 2 lower league teams.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-bursaspor.jpg We take the lead through a deflected effort on goal - Sittsam’s first of the season, but fail to be clinical at all. We’re very much stumbling through these games rather than looking convincing which I need to find a way to change. 3 points and we stay on the tail of Basaksehir, but a far from cohesive performance.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-table.jpg

29. November 2028

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-dnipro.jpg We’ve got 3 straight wins so far against Dnipro this season, so I’m optimistic for another one although they have set up in a very defensive manner. Valenzuela makes a return from a lengthy spell out. Sittsay is assigned the advanced playmaker role and Thomsen is encouraged to go forward which pays off as he scores. Once we play to defend the lead, we score twice more as Guler picks up the MoM award.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-glencirbigli.jpg A number of changes have to be made as a result of a lack of fitness and the emphasis is on being compact away from home. We get our reward in the end from a Guler freekick and hold on to keep a clean sheet. Given the early red card for them, we should have gone on to score more but couldn’t add to the single goal.

Although Ceyhun has managed 5 goals in 7 league games so far, he’s failed to reach the heights of last season - I'm sure that not having the creative force that is Berkay behind him hasn’t helped.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-gazaaintaspor.jpg An unchanged starting line-up and we restrict them to just one shot off target. Thomsen scores a blinder after a Van De Beek penalty. A good result and the win means we go 3 points clear at the top of the league and, whilst we’re perhaps not scoring as many as I’d like, that’s just 1 goal conceded in 8 games since going to a contain mentality in certain matches.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-bilbao.jpg Away to Bilbao and we currently lead the group by 2 points. Berkay returns and Pereir replaces Guler who, despite being top scorer, needs a rest. An excellent dominant first half is followed up by a goal from a resurgent Thomsen. Berkay is poor on his return and replaced by Sittsam. Yasar creates a second goal for CB Ali and is awarded MoM in the process - he is the leading creator so far this season. Another excellent win.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-karsiyaka.jpg The team at the bottom of the league are up next. I can’t seem to get either of my strikers scoring regularly, but Smith is given the chance although doesn’t do very much again…on the plus side, I’m delighted to see Berkay back with a goal and an assist.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-trabzon.jpg
    A number of fringe players get their chance in the cup game. Smith puts away our only shot on target in the first half. Koc scores his first of the season with a clinical penalty and 18 year old Eroglu caps a fine performance with the cross that leads to the own goal. A nice win that kicks off the cup campaign.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-cup-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-table.jpg

30. December 2028

Somehow we have to play a ridiculous 8 games this month, including the final European Cup group game. Thomsen extends his contract, mostly as a result of a sharp upturn in his performances and his 3 goals in the last 5 games. I wasn’t sure about Alorcan being sold at the end of the transfer window, but Thomsen is proving that he isn’t being missed too badly. Austrian AM Sittsam is the only other player whose contract expires this season, but I’m happy to let him go and look for a replacement.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-kasimpasa.jpg
    The month starts with a home league game to the team in 10th and a strong starting lineup is put in place. The first half is pretty much a textbook controlling performance - everything that Ceyhun did came off and he gets his rewards as he starts looking like the player of last season again. The second half is more disappointing but we’d done the hard work by then.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-grasshoppers.jpg
    The final European Cup group game and, having already qualified and guaranteed to finish top this is a good opportunity to play another game with the fringe players. Smith misses a great opportunity as he shoots instead of crossing it to an unmarked Sittsam on a counter-attack and it’s a bore draw as we can’t force a result, let alone a goal.
    A number of first teamers are restored to the starting line-up but it’s a disappointing draw as we miss the opportunity to put some distance between us and Basakhesir in second place. We had enough chances and hit the woodwork to win the game, but we were unable to get the goal to make the difference.

Euro Cup drawThe Euro Cup draw is tough and we could have got an easier team, although on the plus side we are at least away for the first leg so get the chance to come back to Turkey for the second. Spurs are the holders and Sevilla are the team who have the most wins with 5.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-totakspor-cup-.jpg
    19 year old keeper Omer makes his third consecutive start for the cup game. Smith and Sittsam deputise for Ceyhun and Berkaya t the top end of the pitch and exciting prospect Eroglu starts as well. It’s a good job we were gifted a penalty as that was a terrible performance

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-fenerbahce.jpg
    I move to a more defensive mentality for this one, but cometh the hour, cometh the man and Ceyhun navigates us through what was a potentially tough game with his second hat-trick of the month. Still just the one defeat so far this season and it’s all looking rather good on the domestic front.
    The CSKA Moscow manager gets sacked and it’s one of the few jobs that I’d consider leaving Galatasary for, but it’s rather bad timing with the position I’m in at the moment so I’m staying put for the time being.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-elkihisispor.jpg
    Another home cup game and chance for Smith, Sittsam and Eroglu to impress. Smith’s role is changed to AF to try and push him further up the pitch and utilise his pace. Although he scores twice, I can’t take credit for it as one goal from a header from a corner and a second from a deflected free-kick, so not exactly making the most of his pace. Should have been more comfortable with the 2 missed penalties.
    Although he hasn’t yet scored in the league so far this term, Smith has 5 goals which equals his tally for last season.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-besiktas.jpg
    Back to full strength for another tough league game as the usual front 4 are restored and it’s Guler who takes his tally into double figures for the season with a double, although they were made easy with the quality of the assists from Ali and Ceyhun. We’re now on an unbeaten run of 14 games in all competitions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vs Totakspor (cup).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	1132408
    10 changes are made for the final game of a very busy month as we travel to the team currently sitting bottom of the cup group. Sittsam and Smith’s roles are changed to try and bring out the best of both of them. Smith forces the own goal in the first half and scores a fins finish from just inside the box at the end. Between these, Eroglu scores his first for the club as we end up with a comfortable win.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-cup-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-turkish-cup-table.jpg

31. January 2029

The transfer window opens, although with no budget I have no chance of bringing anyone in. However, I will be looking to sign replacements for Pereira; on loan, and Sittsam; not good enough, ideally on free transfers to come in in the summer. A goalkeeper would not go amiss either.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-samsunspor.jpg Having the first choice front 3 of Thomsen, Ceyhun and Guler makes such a difference to the chances being taken. A Ceyhun free-kick and fine drive from Thomsen means its a comfortable half time team talk. A comfortable win which sees us 10 points clear in the league at the halfway stage.

Winger Leon Jenkins is signed on a free, as his Tottenham contract expires in the summer, to take Pereira’s place next season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-trabzon.jpg Pereira makes his mark in exactly the sort of game I hoped he would when I brought him in on loan with a good hat-trick. Koc proves that there is someone on the pitch who can score a penalty and seals a convincing victory which leaves us topping the group and qualifying for the knockout stages with a game to spare.

A slow start, but after we got our act together and started playing we looked good. Thomsen was outstanding for Ceyhun’s first, running three quarters of the pitch with the ball. Ceyhun has now scored 14 in 14 starts this season and has 56 goals in 103 league games for Galatasaray.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-elskihisispor-cup.jpg
    Having already qualified from the group, another opportunity to play the second string with some role changes to hopefully get the best out of the players. Smith gets a good goal and Teodoro scores his first for the club from a free-kick to give us a comfortable win, despite the late goal, and ensures we top the group unbeaten.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-balikesirspor.jpg Ceyhun’s on form again with a goal and assist as we stroll to a pretty comfortable win. 20 games in all competitions since losing and now 13 points clear at the top of the league.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-elskihisispor-league.jpg Berkay is dropped for Sittsam to allow for some rotation and Van De Beek comes in for the suspended Teodoro, as they continue to rotate well in the more defensive of the two midfield roles. Berkay comes on and makes the difference with an outstanding assist for Guler to tap in from 2 yards to rescue a point late on

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-kasimpasa.jpg The fourth round of the cup brings Kasimpasa to the Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleski as we seek to progress. We carry on our fine record against them with Yasar contributing from the WBR position although they don’t help themselves with the sending off. Smith also continues his fine cup goalscoring exploits with his sixth of the season in the competition.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-cup-draw.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-cup-draw.jpg
    Last edited by Edd1920; 09/11/2017 at 09:55 AM.

32. February 2029

The month starts badly as Ceyhun requests a transfer because the squad isn’t strong enough - despite winning 16 of 20 games in the league, sitting top by 11 points and still in participation for the cup competitions. He was expecting the squad to be strengthened over the transfer window, but the clubs ridiculous debt levels have meant the pot is empty. Oh well…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-ceyhun-transfer-request.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-trabzonspor.jpg Bore-draw, nothing to see here.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sivasspor-cup-.jpg The first leg eventually goes to plan as Periera blasts one in from 30 yards to give us a deserved equaliser and then scores a quality free-kick to give us the lead. It’s a good job Pereira showed up in the last 20 minutes because we just weren’t at the races for the first period of the game. Nice to see that Ak, who is on loan from us, is not only getting game time but scoring as well…even if it was against us!
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-akhisar.jpg Smith leads the line as Ceyhun is still unhappy. Galatasaray old boy Enes tucks in a penalty after an Utku push in the box. Ceyhun comes on and we push forward, with Thomsen scoring after a scramble in the box although to no avail as they score as we try and get forward for teh winner. In hindsight, that was a bit naive from me as we far from our best and throwing caution to the wind to get the win was a mistake.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sevilla-.jpg A rare change of formation to try and deal with Sevilla’s three central midfielders and the fullbacks are reigned in for the away leg. The more direct passing approach pays off in the first half as Ceyhun gives us a vital away work but Sevilla’s pressure pays off as they score two quickfire goals shortly after half time. An away goal though…

Worryingly, a number of Chinese teams are sniffing around Ceyhun although I’m not going to sell as it would be impossible, even if I saw the transfer money, to bring in a replacement with the transfer window closed.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-karabukspor.jpg Back to the familiar for the league game. Ceyhun is rested, and Smith comes in, but other than that it’s the usual suspects. Smith is outstanding and clinical in a dominant result that helps to boost the goal difference.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sevilla-h.jpg Whilst I was hoping the home advantage might help the team overcome the one goal deficit, the performance was beyond what I was expecting. Ceyhun virtually single handedly put Sevilla to the sword with a hat-trick and assist and the penalty save is the icing on the cake.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-siasspor-league-.jpg The second of three matches against Sivasspor and Eroglu is given a rare league start to see what he can do. Ceyhun is replaced after a poor hour and Guler comes in for Eroglu who was solid enough, but hardly inspiring. However, neither player can do enough to rescue any poitns after Teodoro’s foul in the box as we lose our third game of the season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sivasspor-cup-h-.jpg CB Adeniyi makes a long awaited return from injury and the usual other changes are made for the cup tie. Another frustrating, stuttering performance and another goal from Pereira means Sivasspor seem to have the better of us at the moment athough we did enough in the away leg to progress on away goals to face Konyaspor in the two-legged semi final.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-knockout.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-turk-cup-tree.jpg

33. March 2029

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-basakhesir.jpg
    A top of the division clash as first face second. Having lost a little bit of ground last month, a win is vital and the team duly delivers with a performance that deserved more than just the 2 goals. A fine win which makes the losses last month even more frustrating but putting that aside, 11 points clear at this stage of the season is a pretty good place to be.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-napoli-h.jpg Napoli dealt with everything we through at them right up until I brought Smith on as an extra striker to play alongside Ceyhun which paid instant dividends. Their away goal means a tough second leg is in store.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-bursaspor.jpg I take a gamble and keep a number of first team players fresh to give us the best possible chance of progressing in the European Cup. Thompsen, Eroglu, Smith and Sittsam come in and it’s Thompsen and Smith who combine to provide the winner. Suarez takes the plaudit for the fine penalty stop in first half injury time.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-napoli-.jpg Back to the strongest first 11 in a game we have to at least score in, which Ceyhun does early on with a fantastic solo effort. After the sending off, Napoli played without an AML position and Yasar was pretty much given free reign on that flank but despite concentrating the attacking down that side, we couldn’t break through. Extra time came and Napoli went into a defensive narrow 4-1-3-1 formation which just couldn’t break down resulting in the lottery of penalties…which it turns out we’re not very good at.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-glenbircigli.jpg
    An outstanding Adeniyi header from a corner gives us a valuable win in a surprisingly close encounter which we didn’t create as many chances as the respective league positions suggest we should have done.
    The international break means its a relatively short month. A couple of possible new signings have come to my attention:

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-altiparmak-profile.jpg - this guy seems like the natural replacement to Sittsam who is leaving at the end of the season on a free contract but it’s proving difficult to pry him away from Bursaspor.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-ekobo-profile.jpg - available on a free, but doesn’t want to sign until he’s had more offers…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-can-profile.jpg - 19 year old at Wolfsburg II who looks like an outstanding prospect…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-tural-profile.jpg - 20 yearold wonderkid at Genclebiglici who I’ve made efforts to get, but to no avail

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-cup-draws.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-turk-cup-draw.jpg

34. April 2029

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-gazaentispor.jpg Eroglu scores his first league goal of the season with a fine strike from just inside the box. The 18 year old is rapidly looking comfortable and doesn’t look out of place at this level. An own goal and horribly short backpass which gives Ceyhun the easiest of finishes rounds off the game. A fairly routine win in what could have been a tricky tie.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-konyaspor-.jpg The first leg of the semi-final of the cup and Marcao opens the scoring for them with a fluked cross-shot that flies over the keepers head in a ‘he most certainly did not mean that’ fashion and the rest of the game is a bit of a disappointing non-event from our point of view in which we were probably lucky just to concede one goal. Work to do in the second leg.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-youth-loans.jpg
    Two of the clubs academy prospects who have come through the ranks are currently on loan and getting plenty of playing time. Ak & Gulmaz are both good prospects who can come into the team and replace Smith and Van De Beek respectively. My bigger challenge looks like persuading Ceyhun to stay as he remains unhappy.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-karsiyaka.jpg The bottom team come to town in what should be a comfortable win and it’s a win that, if achieved, guarantees the title. Thomsen and Yasar create a number of chances but it takes 33 minutes for Ceyhun to take one, which is followed up by a deserved penalty to give me a the opportunity for a routine half time team talk. Guler completes the victory with a composed finish from just inside the box to guarantee the league.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-title-win.jpg

And with it, the board adjust the budgets for next season, giving me £21m to spend, with the priority being an AMC as Sittsam’s contract expires in 2 months time.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-kasimpasa.jpg Hopefully the boys are professional enough not to switch off now the title is won and, despite conceding early, Berkay and Ceyhun complete the job. Ceyhun’s goal means he now takes Galatasaray’s record for mosts goals in a season and needs 3 more to beat Derdoyik’s league goalscoring record of 2017/2018.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-konyaspor-league.jpg A bit of a dire first half is quickly forgotten as Thomsen lights up the second with a 30 yard wonderstrike and gets a second with another fine strike from just inside the box. Although they clawed one back, we held on to record the win. Thomsen’s recent upturn in form and good performances has brought him to the attention of a number of teams who seem to be tracking his progress.

Ceyhun requests to be removed from the transfer list which eases some of my concerns considerably and is immediately given a massive new contract tying him to the club for another 3 years.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-konyaspor-h.jpg
    It’s not the strongest team, but it is consistently the team that has got us to the semi finals of the cup so they deserve to play, win or lose. They do have a goal deficit to recover first, although they cant do that. I think my sentimentality got the better of me and it was raised by the media after the game who questioned why I didn’t play a stronger line-up.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-fenerbahce.jpg At home, this is the one the fans have been waiting for…although I feel they would have been disappointed by the goal-less draw. A lot of huff, puff and work for no reward, even after some offensive changes at half time to try and force at least a goal.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-turk-cup-tree.jpg

35. May - July 2029

34 year old CB Gunter confirms he will retire at the end of the season along with on-loan Pereira. I already have Barbadian winger, Leon Jenkins coming into vacate the space left by Pereira but some thought will have to go in to Gunters replacement as we have no natural obvious choice at the club. Turkish international goalkeeper Meric is unhappy at Leverkusen and an improvement on Suarez. I meet his minimum fee release clause of £10.5m and he will join in the summer.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-besiktas.jpg A dull first half is followed up by an equally dull, but at least contained goals, second half. Goncalves scored a bit of a lucky goal before Gunter scores a tap in from a corner and gets his tenth and surely last, with his impending retirement, goal for the club.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-samunsspor.jpg The final game of the season and, whilst something of a dead rubber, it would be good to put down a marker to prove why we won the league. Another non eventful first half before Adeniyi is sent off for 2 bookable offences. Ceyhun steps up and spanks in a free-kick from 25 yards then finishes off a very well worked move. He should have got his hat-trick but hit both the post and the bar during the remainder of the game, but even with 10 men, that was a pretty good result.

A final points total of 81 and a massive 21 ahead of the closest competitors shows how dominant we have been. A goal difference of 46, mainly as a result of having conceded just 16 with 18 clean sheets, is phenomenal.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-review.jpg

Lots of very good performances this season with RB Yasar the standout performer but it’s Ceyhun who pretty much led this team to the title.Five players get into double figures for goals which is a great return and 16 different players scored over the course of the season, although despite Smith’s contribution his ratings were awful. Unsurprisingly, Berkan leads the assists with strong contributions from a number of others. 19 year old Eroglu has a promising first full season at the club and Pereira was a justified loan signing in the end.

================================================== ================================================

Close season squad changes:

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-jenkins-profile.jpgPereira’s loan spell is up and leaves the club to be replaced with ex Spurs winger Jenkins on a free transfer.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-meric-profile.jpgTurkish international keeper Meric is signed for £10.5m from Leverkusen and will come in as first choice.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-ak-profile.jpg20 year old striker Ak is promoted to the first team to replace Smith, who is transfer listed and subsequently leaves to join Maccabi Tel Aviv.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-gulmez-profile.jpg20 year old midfielder Gulmez is also promoted to the first team to replace Van De Beek who joins Lazio.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-balchen-profile.jpgGunter retires and is replaced by Norwegian international Balchen, again on a free transfer and an outstanding piece of business as he is a quality player and there were bigger teams in for him.

Overall, those transfers improve the squad or bring some youth prospects through, but I’m still chasing a replacement for Sittsam.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-friendlies.jpg
    The first lot of pre-season friendlies, including a tour round England go pretty well with Jenkins in particular hitting the ground running.

kolas79 likes this.

36. August 2029

Despite numerous attempts, I’m unable to bring in the AMC that I wanted and Bursaspor are playing hardball with regards to letting him go. I’ve dipped into the loan market again this season and found Dizdarevic to come in for the season - hopefully I can return for Altiparmark at a later date.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-dizdarevic-profile.jpg

The final 2 friendlies go to plan against lower league teams and will hopefully act as a good warm up to the season opener, which is the Turkish super cup against last seasons cup winners; Trabzonspor. We seem to have encountered a ridiculous number of injuries in pre-season but we can still put out a strong team. Jenkins, Dizdarevic, Balchen and Gulmez all make their debuts for the club.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-trabzonspor.jpg
    All of the debutants have fine performances but it’s one of the old guard Ahmet who scores from the penalty spot. A tight game but we were dominant without really putting away as many chances as we should have done.

A fourth seed draw for the Champions League means that whatever group we’re in, it’s going to be a tough call to get out. The defeat to Napoli in the European Cup last season on penalties was disappointing, but this is the competition we deserve to be in.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cl-draw.jpg

Considering who we could have ended up facing, that’s a pretty reasonable draw.
    kolas79 likes this.

37. September 2029

Good transfer business done, although the budget didn’t allow for anything other than improvements/replacements to the first team squad. Baker and Ekobo are top quality goalkeepers and I signed them with the intention of selling on quickly for a profit - it hasn’t worked that way. Bah was signed as a replacement for Adeniyi although his much vaunted transfer didn’t actually come about so Bah will have to make do with a back-up role for the time being.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-gazaentpspor-1.jpg Ceyhun hasn’t quite recovered from the cup game so Ak comes in to lead the line. Other than that, it’s pretty much the same. Ak shows a composure that was missing from Smith’s game last season and scores his first goal for the club. A couple of beautifully worked goals in the second half seal a comfortable win in the first league game of the season. Guler deserved his MoM award with all 3 assists.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-eskihisispor-2.jpg Ceyhun starts and he and Guler have the fullbacks to thank for their first half goals. Another two in the second half and we record a comfortable victory with a pretty dominant performance. Meric, my £10.5m signing makes his debut in goal, although has a pretty comfortable evening which, although obviously still early in the season, takes us top of the league.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-lyon-3.jpg A tough Champions League opener and the decision to go toe-to-toe with Lyon rather backfires in the first half as they score twice in the first half. Ceyhun tucks one away in the second half before we get hit on the counter attack as we try and push for an equalizer towards the end.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-akhisar-4.jpg Berkay starts the recovery process after his long injury lay-off, although he’s not fit enough to start so loan signing Dizdarevic maintains his place. Guler, with 2 goals and 3 assists in the first games is undroppable at the moment although he fails to make his mark in a pretty horrible performance. Galatasaray oldboy Unal scores a hat-trick of freekicks, Adeniyi and Valenzuela concede virtually identical own goals - deflecting in right wing crosses. Yasar, Muhammet and Dizdarevice at least made it reasonably respectable. A very odd result, did not see that one coming.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-fenerbahce-5.jpg
    Berkay makes his first start and both Adeniyi and Meric pay the price for the heavy defeat in the last game but it’s another disappointing result and performance as we concede as a result of not being able to deal properly with a corner and then can’t make the most of good chances as we chase the game with Dizdarevic being the main culprit. The fans will not be happy with that loss to huge rivals.

That was not a good end to the month.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-lyon.jpg  
    Last edited by Edd1920; 25/11/2017 at 02:51 PM.

38. As I can see my friend you cannot post screenshots as well. Last night I tried too and while after I saved my post the icons seemed to be appeared today I am facing the same issue again.

39. October 2029

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-basel.jpg
    Jenkins has yet to properly hit his straps in a Galatasaray shirt, but has the ideal opportunity here. Adeniyi comes in as he looks to get over his horror show against Akhisi and Berkay still can’t manage 90 minutes so Dizdarevic, a very able deputy, comes in. Yasar is injured in the first half and without a suitable replacement, DM Gulmex has to do a job at WBR. A calm finish from Jenkins seals the win, but they had the better and more plentiful chances to win the game and probably should have done.

Yasar suffers a broken foot in the game and is ruled out for 4 months which is a blow.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-elagizispor.jpg Having lost the last two league games, we need to get back to form and a game against the newly promoted team is as good an opportunity as any. Berkay and Erkan are restored to the starting line-up and it looked as through it was going to be a walkover with 2 goals in as many minutes, but they rallied and the game was only killed off when Ceyhun finished a fine flowing move

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-besiktas.jpg An injury to Serkan over the international break means I am left without a RB so rather than change the formation, which would leave the flanks exposed, LB Mustafa will have to do a job in the RWB position which he does and plays well. Berkay puts away an early penalty at which point I thought we’d kick on, but the rest of the game was disappointing as both Ceyhun and Guler fail to impress. Not the most convincing of wins, but 3 points gained in a potentially difficult tie.

My contract expires in 9 months and I’m quite enjoying things here, so I go to the board…
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-new-contract.jpg
    …which is disappointing considering the title win last season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-slb.jpg
    I’d quite like to give Ceyhun and Guler a rest as they’ve not been in the best form recently. Unofrtunately, they are also my most likely source of a goal. The scoreline didn’t really reflect the fact that we got battered and should have lost by a far greater margin as we just couldn’t deal with their winger, despite making changes to try and counter the threat they posed.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-balikisispor.jpg
    A Guler goal and a Dizdarevic shot which was deflected twice before making its way into the back of the net give us a comfortable lead. Jenkins completes the comfortable win with a fine header and his first league goal of the season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-table.jpg

40. November 2029

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-turkish-cup-draw.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-konyaspor.jpg With a huge Champions League game on the horizon, Ceyhun, Berkay, Jenkins and Guler are left out of the starting 11 resulting in a tight hard fought contest settled by a solitary Ak goal just before half time. Ahmet should have made it more comfortable.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-slb.jpg We welcome the group leaders in the 4th game of the competition. I take a bit of a gamble and put in Ekobo but it’s not the defences for either team that cover themeselves in glory as we share 8 goals. Ceyhun was outstanding for us but we struggled defensively for some reason and they seemed to put away every half chance they had. Not a good result which puts or chances of progressing into serious doubt. Having scored in the 89th minute, to concede after that is a kick in the teeth.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-rizespor.jpg A late, very late goal from the summer signing Jenkins gives us a deserved but hard fought victory in the end. It looks as though the consistent dominant performances that were a feature of last season are starting to evaporate.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-kasimpasa.jpg The number of quality goalkeepers in the squad is starting to cause problems as 2; Meric & Eboko come to me in the week saying they’ve not had enough playing time. A RB is finally fit enough to play in their natural position and Erkan comes in. 2 lots of clumsy defending gift Ahmet the chance to get his brace and Ceyhun caps off a fine win.

The decision to let Van De Beek go and promote Gulmez from the reserves is paying off as he puts in another good performance.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-lyon.jpg Something of a crunch game as we play the team above us in the table - a win would take us level on points with one to play. We absolutely dominate the first half with a contain mentality that simply doesn’t let them out of the half, other than one foray forward when Mustafa inexplicably brings down their striker when he had nowhere to go. Berkay ensures we make the most of the dominance. Unfortunately, we lose Ceyhun just before half-time and 21 yr old Ak comes in with a chance to make a name for himself. Guler seals the win at the death.

41. December 2029

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-100-games.jpg

Some enforced changes - Thomsen for Jenkins and Valenzuela for Mustafa; and some rotational - Ak for Ceyhun, Dizdarovic for Berkay, Eroglu for Guler and Meric for Eboko come in as I make preparations for the Champions League game against Basel. We have plenty of chances, but it takes a defensive error to give Kanak a tap in from a fumbled free-kick. We’ll see if it was worth it with the next game.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-basel.jpg
    A bit of a war of attrition there and hard going for both team who missed the chance to take the 3 points. Both teams had enough clear cut chances to win the game but in the end, for us, the point is enough for us to somehow finish the group stage in second with just 2 wins. A touch fortunate to be progressing.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-altinordu.jpg Altinordu currently sit bottom of the league so it follows that we can barely muster an attack or barely threaten throughout the game…although thanks to other results, we still stay top - albeit jointly on points.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-kayseri.jpg A second string team is put in for the cup group opener against 1st Division Kayseri. The youngsters open the scoring before 3 goal of the season contenders in succession. Mustafa smashes in a volley from 25 yards from a cleared corner, Berkay dribbles through 4 players before calmly slotting home from the edge of the box and Dizdarevic curls in a 30 yard freekick.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-glenbircigli.jpg Berardi hadn’t scored before today and nets twice from virtually identical free kicks flicked on to the far post. Ceyhun was taken off injured after opening the scoring and even after chasing the game we couldn’t force an impact on the result. We’re making a bit of a hash of our supposed title defence.

Ceyhun’s 4-5 week lay-off with a sprained ankle is a blow. Ak is a pretty decent back up choice but I guess we’ll see now whether he’s good enough to regularly lead the line.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cl-draw.jpg - well, that should be interesting.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-gazaentispor.jpg A tough game against the team in second place awaits although Thomsen makes it look easy in the first half. Ak has a great game, with both assists, before getting injured. Berkay moves to play up top. Another convincing win in the group stage of the cup. Ak misses 8-9 weeks with a dislocated shoulder leaving me without a natural striker until Ceyhun regains his fitness.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-bursaspor.jpg
    Berkay leads the line in the absence of either Ak or Ceyhun and Ekobo retains the keeper position as the best performing of the three of them at the moment. Guler’s delightful chipped finish is quickly cancelled out by sloppy defending which allows a free one-on-one. Another Berkay free-kick seals a good win. Takes us top for the time being, but it’s close up there.

Ekobo, brought in on a free transfer in the summer, hasn’t been at his best, but is the best keeper we have. Given we have Suarez, Ekobo, Meric and Baker in the squad, that’s 2 quality keepers too many.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sanlifisurspor.jpg
    Some rotation is put in place for the cup game against the team from the league below. We made much harder work of that than we should have done, but an Ali header powered in from the corner seals the win and another 3 points for the group stage.

The final game of a very busy month brings 6th placed Osmanlispor to Istanbul. Just for fun, Meric has a go in goal. Dizdarevic, who has had a sustained run in the AMC position has yet to properly impress but he gets another chance. Meric makes an outstanding double stop just after half time to keep us in it, although it was a good header from a free-kick that consigned us to the defeat in the end.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-table.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-turk-cup-table.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

42. January 2030

The transfer window opens and immediately 6 U-21 players come in, having been scouted and signed in November last year. All go on the development list and most will, I guess, go on loan to get some first team experience. Other than these guys, I’m anticipating a quiet January, although we’ll see.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-kayseri.jpg The early goal for them was a bit of a kick up the backside and it jump started something of a fight back with the teenager Eroglu and Berkay taking centre stage. 4 wins out of 4 for the cup group stages and progress to the knockout round guaranteed.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-trabzonspor.jpg
    The away trip to Trabzonspor was a potential banana-skin and it proved to be the case and,after having, enough chances to win the game succumbed to a sucker punch as the game drew to a close. One of the positives of the game was at least a return to the first team of Ceyhun who managed a 15 minute cameo at the end.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sanliurspor.jpg
    Ceyhun is excellent on his full return to the first team and leads the team to another fine cup victory as we manage 4 goals in the competition for the third time.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-sack-race.jpg
    - I know the board are a demanding lot, but this is surely taking the piss. On the plus side, hopefully this is just media hot air as my position is still listed as stable in the job centre.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-basaksehir.jpg The sending off hurt us but even after that we had enough chances to win the game as both Jenkins and Guler missed good opportunites to seal the victory against a pretty good side who made the most of their chances. The top 8 teams are seperated by just 6 points so there’s very little room for error or maneuver up there.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-gazaentispor-cup-.jpg Both teams have already quaified so this is something of a dead rubber but a good opportunity to give some of the lesser used players - not that there are any - some game time. A commanding first half, inspired by the onloan Dizdarevic, followed by a dire second.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-gazaeintispor-league-.jpg
    It’s games like these were I’m grateful for players like Ceyhun who seemingly can create something out of nothiing. Unlike our last performance we dominated possession, chances and basically didn’t give them even a faint whiff of a chance of a comeback.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-draw.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

43. February 2030

The transfer window shuts with no paid for incoming business in the January transfer window - mostly because the board are apparantly too busy paying off their £110m debt to give me any money. To be fair, I didn’t’ exactly make the most of the money they did give me in the summer, so perhaps they’re still thinking about that. A number of youngsters with potential are signed to bulk up the U-18s and to, hopefully, increase in value in time.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-glenbircigli.jpg Despite being unhappy, its Berkay who is the creative and clinical force in the team with a fine freekick and an assist for Ceyhun in quick succession just after halftime. Even the late sending off of LB Valenzuela doesn’t put the result in doubt and ensures progression to the quarter final.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-eskihisispor.jpg The only changes are the return of Eboko to the No1 position and Mustafa comes in for the suspended Valenzuela. A fit and firing Ceyhun makes such a difference to the ability of this team to score as he and Guler give us the goals to seal the victory. An extra defensive midfielder brought on helps to see the game out.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-akhisar.jpg Again, Gala old boy Enes comes back to haunt his old team. After conceding two goals in the first half an hour, drastic tactical changes are made which pays instant dividends and the sending off helped us out. In the end, Jenkins and Guler make it a comfortable victory but it was a rocky opening to the game. It’s so tight at the top that any dropped points make a difference.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sivasspor-.jpg The first leg of the cup quarter final sees us travel to Sivasspor. The wide players; Guler and Jenkins do the hard work in the first half. Ak makes his return from injury in the second half and gets 30 valuable minutes under his belt. Pereira pulls one back to set up a slightly nervy finale, but the boys hold on to record a valuable first leg win.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-fenerbahce.jpg
    I make some changes and move to a counter attacking mentality and a couple of player role changes to try and counter the
    main attacking threat for what is a crucial away game. What we
    lose in a bit of creativity and flair, we more than make up with discipline and structure and the team fight to a deserved, but narrow, victory.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-arsenal-h.jpg First choice keeper Ekobo is injured as a result of a hernia, although back-up Meric is a pretty good substitute and a couple of other changes are made. I wasn’t expected to get through the group stages, and we only scraped through, so anything now is a bonus - I’m just hoping it’s not going to be embarrassing. Ceyhun, probably the only of my squad who would get anywhere near this Arsenal team, scores a scrappy opener and then a very fine second from the edge of the box. Gulmez comes an as a defensive reinforcement with 20 minutes left.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-elagizispor.jpg Wholesale changes are made for the league game although we struggle. Somewhat reluctantly, I have to bring Ceyhun on as we can’t make the breakthrough and he makes an instant difference and duly records his 23rd and 24th of the season. Ceyhun has now scored 20+ goals for 5 consecutive seasons. We were lucky.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-tree.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-draw.jpg

kolas79 likes this.

44. March 2030

First vs second in a crunch game and a strong team is selected. Jenkins scores a fine goal after a sumptuous through ball from Berkay. With 20 minutes remaining, the fullbacks are reigned in and Gulmez comes on to reinforce the central midfield. A fine victory against potential title contenders.

A 2-1 lead is taken into the second leg of the quarter final and a couple of changes are made, including allowing Ak a rare start. A dominant performance eventually translates into goals as Ak scores a first and Balchen a second in quick succession as the game looks like it’s drawing to goal-less conclusion. A good win that ensures progression to the semi’s.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-balikisispor.jpg The tough away champions league game against Arsenal is up next so a couple of key players are given a rest. There’s a considerable gap in the league between the two teams although this doesn’t come across in the performance as the game peters out to an uninspiring draw.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-arsenal.jpg
    Right…Arsenal…Champions League with a spot in the quarter finals at stake. Probably the biggest match of my tenure at Galatasaray, if not my career. An extra DM is bought in and the fullbacks are reigned in to try and contain them. We have an awful 90 minutes and concede 2 being totally outplayed. By the time extra-time comes in, it’s do or die and some other changes are made - Ceyhun scores a fine goal, but Leschuk takes over in extra time and scores 2 absolute world class goals to consign us to the defeat. Gutted after such a fine first leg, but it shows us how far the gulf in class is.

3 clear cut chances, hit the woodwork twice and Jenkins put away probably the most difficult of the chances that fell his way. Not a terribly convincing win, but 3 points and a pretty good response to the disappointment of the Arsenal game. Fenerbahce do us a favour in the same set of matches by holding second placed Osmanlispor to a draw.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-rizespor.jpg An utterly dominant display in which we restricted Rizespor to just one off target shot. Berkay does the damage for us, although he was rather gifted the penalty. That clean sheet means it’s 4 in a row in the league and Berkay takes his season’s total to 11, matching last season. For the first time this season, we have breathing space at the top.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-tree.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

45. April 2030

Another request to the board for a new contract falls on deaf ears and they won’t be offering me a new on in the short term, despite them being pleased with the management of the team. I think this rather seals my decision about my future at the club and I’ll be seeing my contract out and looking to progress in the next set of leagues; Belgium, Russia or Ukraine. Galatasaray have an impressive national rating, so I’d like something equivalent to that, however, these jobs are likely to be in short supply, so we’ll see.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-kasimpasa.jpg
    Another win, another clean sheet, another Ceyhun goal, another very good performance.

We had more than enough chances to put this tie to bed, but the forward line, and unusually Ceyhun, were guilty of missing a number of good chances. A delightful Jenkins cross made it’s way to the back post leaving an easy tap-in for Ceyhun to give us the narrow lead going into the second leg.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sivasspor.jpg A couple of changes are made, but none that should cause the implosion that was the first half. Not sure what happened there after our great run of form recently, but we just didn’t turn up. Some changes are made at half time and Ceyhun pulls one back just into the second half although the second half follows the same pattern. An unexpected performance and result.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-altinordu.jpg
    A home game against the bottom team should be a foregone conclusion, however an early missed penalty and then an own goal means a disappointing first half. Some changes are made at halftime which seems to pay off we score 3 in the second half. A very late goal, thankfully, doesn’t cause real concern.

Ceyhun’s 29th of the season means he breaks his own goalscoring record for goals in a season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-genclirbiglici.jpg The final game of the month sees us travel to possession-hungry Genclerbirligi who sit only second to us in the possession table. A very entertaining game with loads of chances. Jenkins springs the offside trap early to tap in a on-on-one although we can’t finish any of the many chances we subsequently have. Their keeper; Emre Can shows why he’s so highly rated and on my transfer target list with a string of fine saves to deny us the full 3 points.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-tree.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

46. May - June 2030

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-besiktas.jpg We take a narrow lead into the semi-final second leg and I’m grateful that their strikers seem to be off the boil as they miss a number of good chances. The game wears on and they go to a more aggresssive formation which I counter with a change of tactics, leading to a fine Eroglu breakaway goal that proves enough to confirm the win and progression to the final.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-bursaspor.jpg
    This was very much the Ceyhun show. His first was all about Guler’s assist as he ran through 3 defenders before putting the ball in an area from which Ceyhun couldn’t miss. Guler provided a second assist, a fine 1-2 and Dizdarevic puts a fine through ball for his hat-trick who then comes off to a standing ovation. The game is done by this point, but we look toothless after he goes off.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-osmanlispor.jpg
    Absolutely battered them, hit the woodwork, clear cut chances, restricted them to 1 shot and 35% possession and somehow couldn’t make the breakthrough. Erkans late ending off didn’t really impact the game but overall, a very frustrating 90 minutes.

That win guarantees Champions League football and a transfer budget of £14m of which I immediately spunk £10.75m on Turkish wonderkid Altipmark.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-trabzonspor.jpg Another vital game and again, first vs second with the added incentive that a win for us will guarantee the league title. Jenkins misses out due to international duty and Erkan is suspended. With Yasar also injured, we start without a natural right back. A very even first half with few chances. Ceyhun does what he does best and finishes a fine flowing move to record the victory and guarantee consecutive title wins.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-title-win.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-title-record.jpg

And that’s a nice way to sign off as manager at this club.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-basaksehir.jpg
    The final league game of the season with nothing riding on it a number of changes are made. As is the way, having loaned Bah to Basaksehir, he pops up from a corner to open the scoring for them. Ceyhun, who else, draws us level from a fine Dizdarevic pass. Despite this, and looking like we might kick on to take the win, we get pegged back again and can’t really get back into the game.

Unsurprisingly, Ceyhun wins the league’s top goalscorer award with 21 and I’m delighted to be handed the manager of the year award.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-gazaentispor.jpg
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-celebrations.jpg
    THE CUP FINAL. We’ve faced Gaziantespor on four occasions this season and won all of them. Ceyhun opens the scoring within 30 seconds and we dominate the first half and should have scored more. Jenkins provides a second early in the second half and a good defensive display sees the game out and we record a deserved victory and cup win.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-table.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-tree.jpg
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-review.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-team-season.jpg

Ceyhun is far and away the top scorer and the focal attacking point of the team and his 35 goals reflects that. It’s pleasing to see that the starting 3 behind him; Jenkins, Berkay and Guler all get into double figures as well. Guler and Berkay are the creative forces. None of the keepers performed particularly well, but Ekobo is the best of the lot and fullbacks Mustafa and Erkan were high in the stats.

The board finally come to me with the offer of a new contract, but it’s too little too late and I’ll be moving on despite the successes for a new challenge. I’d quite like to stay and see if I can get them to compete in Europe but the financial restraints and the club debts make it very difficult to push the club to the next level in the foreseeable future.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-history.jpg

The Anderlecht job is available and I apply, accept and we’re off to Belgium.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-anderlecht-approach.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

47. Good luck in your career my friend ! Anderlecht is always packed with Belgians wonderkids so if you manage to keep them as much as you can in the team perhaps you will manage something big !

48. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    Good luck in your career my friend ! Anderlecht is always packed with Belgians wonderkids so if you manage to keep them as much as you can in the team perhaps you will manage something big !
    Yeah, they've got some very good U-21 prospects in the reserve team - looking forward to seeing what I can get out of them.
    kolas79 likes this.

49. I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-logo.jpg
    June - 2030

Anderlecht are the current league holders and they’re predicted to finish first again. They have a well balanced looking squad with top youth and excellent training facilities so there’s a route for the kids into the first team. The wage budget is small, at just £460,00 (a third of that at Galatasary), and the top earner is just £26,500. I suspect that trying to attract quality is going to be very difficult so expecting the good things to come from the youth system. The first thing I do is to improve the backroom staff as improved assistant manager, head of youth development and chief scout comes in.

Anderlecht Squad: Anderlecht reserves:

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-anderlecht-squad.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-anderlecht-reserves.jpg

The majority of the players are wanted and my most valuable player; striker Gavin Hoek is being courted by Athletico Madrid, although there have been no concrete offers yet. His goalscoring record is impressive over the last 4 seasons so I’m reluctant to let him go - even for a massive amount.

One of the variants of the formations will be tested to see how it plays. On the plus side, selling the wide players should free up a lot of cash to help bring in the right players. I can also look to retrain a few players to make it worth while. The players, at the moment, fit the second version as we have no natural SS in the squad, but it might be something I look at depending on how it plays.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-formation.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-formation2.jpg

I’m also hoping to pick up some quality once the contracts have expired at the end of the month.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-expectaitons.jpg

The pressure is on and with such high stakes, perhaps not the right club to be experimenting with an untried formation and tactic although it’s not exactly complicated.
    kolas79 likes this.

50. July 2030

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-1st-game.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-schedule.jpg

The friendlies were something of a mixed bag, but they did help to confirm neither of the initial 4-1-2-3 formations were suitable, or at least not with the players I currently have. 3 AMs left me with no focal attacking point and the players in the SS role just kept running into defenders and losing possession - mostly because I was trying to shoehorn strikers into that role, who are not gifted with dribbling. Even with the central striker of 3 in a support role, they were not dropping deep enough and leaving too much of a gap so as a compromise, I’ve gone with a diamond 4-1-2-1-2. This is also helpful because it means I don’t have to buy anyone.

Speaking of buying…

…everyone before Catalano had left the club before I got here. Advanced Playmaker Cruz, from Barcelona is the standout player to come in. He was transfer listed and even at £9m is something of a bargain. Astolfi and Chafai, a French U21 International, come in as rotation options but will get game-time. Belgian U21 keeper also Amrani comes in as back up.

Only one game this month, but it’s an important one as we beat Club Brugge in the season’s opener, the Super Cup. Post provides the only moment of quality for us as he bangs in a 25 yard free-kick. Nothing else happens and we eventually scrape a penalty win.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-supercup.jpg

As the goalscorer in the only serious game this month, unsurprisingly Post ends the month as the top player. I’m sure Hoek and Acquah will improve in time.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-month-stats.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO