Like Tree100Likes

I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

1. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    Wow ten teams in a save ! I 've done it to be honest but I like the idea. Surely keeps the save very very interesting !
    Certainly been interesting - what I think I have missed out on with managing so many teams, is obviously the chance to build something at one club or European success as that always takes time building up smaller European teams to do it. In hindsight, working through the 10 groups of 3 countries has been a really good way of doing it as I've got to leagues and teams I wouldn't even have considered previously.
    kolas79 likes this.

2. February 2034

I take a massive gamble and start with 21 year old youth reserve prospect Colombo to lead the line as he is quicker than both Ceccarelli and Panetta and I think can exploit the relatively slow Atalanta defence.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-atalanta.jpg
    Well, half the plan worked perfectly as Colombo sprinted onto a perfect through ball to get his goal, but even by then we were playing catch-up. We were rather fortunate to pull the draw out of that game after a stupid defensive mistake and unfortunate own goal gave them a lead, but we recovered well. Lluna gets a deserved MoM for a goal and assist.

Colombo starts again but other than that, it’s the usually strong team.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-sassuolo.jpg
    Nascimento is the stand out performer and his role as an inside forward is paying off as he’s contributing both goals and assists from the position.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-ac-milan.jpg
    I think its safe to say we were taught a bit of a lesson there - the less said about that result, the better.

I’m expecting something of a reaction after that AC Milan horror show, although we’re weakened as one of my star players; Lluna is missing through injury and replaced by on-loan Michel. Panetta resumes his place in the lone striker position.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vs-perugia.jpg
    Understandably Panetta will pick up the plaudits, but really it’s Amrani and Ceylan in the defensive midfielder roles who get the unsung praise as they’re outstanding in breaking up any potential attack. CB Afonso has a great game as well picking up an assist. A fantastic performance after the AC game.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-confidence.jpg - I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-competitions.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

3. March 2034

This is a big one.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-juve.jpg
    The gulf in class is clear as Juventus’s greater quality paid off, although their ability to pay their players £240k a week goes some way to contributing to this. Winger Michel scores with a neat finish at the far post as he continues to deputise for the injured Lluna.

A reaction is required after that horror show, although Udinese could be a tricky tie.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-udinese.jpg
    That was depressingly easy for Udinese as despite having lots of possession, we showed no cutting edge.
    There are only 3 games of the month due to the International break and an improvement is needed.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-chievo.jpg
    It’s a bit of a risk starting with Colombo, but it pays off as he opens the scoring with a very un-poacher like goal as he drills one in from outside the box. Panetta, on as a substitute wraps the game up as Chievo starting pressuring and looking like they were going to get back into the game.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-confidence.jpg - I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-competitions.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

4. April 2034

We’re still without a goalscorer in double figures, but my most natural finisher Colombo leads the line again. Winger Lluna and CB Lundqvist both return from injury.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-sampdoria.jpg
    Colombo makes little impression with Lluna being the stand out performer as he provides the assist as well as two goals, but we don’t really start to play until fairly drastic tactical changes are made after Sampdoria’s equaliser. Hadziresic, on for Nascimento, seals the victory as he scores his first for the club in the dying minutes.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-summary.jpg- good, if not remarkable, is probably a fair assessment. We’re comfortably out of the relegation zone which was a real risk at the beginning of my appointment but, barring miracles, we’re almost certainly out of contention of a European spot as Napoli sit 12 points in front with just 6 games remaining.

Hadziresic makes his first start for the club with El Amrani and Messan suspended casualties of the aggressive ball winning mentality we have been employing.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-empoli.jpg
    Panetta misses two absolute sitters in the first 2 minutes which would have made this result more comfortable than it actually proved to be.

We’re in good form and travel to Bologna off the back of 3 straight wins. Colombo leads the line again and Hadzeresic starts again.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-bologna.jpg
    Colombo may not be the most gifted of the forwards I have in the squad, but he is the one who plays the poacher role most effectively and his 2 goals here evidence this again. Hadzeresic gets an outstanding mazy dribbled assist as part of another fine performance from the Serbian 21 year old.

Colombo is the man in form and he starts again. Otherwise, it’s a fairly routine starting 11.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-roma.jpg

We were playing pretty well after taking an early lead until the red card, at which point Roma just took over and pressured to the extent we couldn’t hold on and Pinto conceded a daft penalty which just handed them the win.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-inter.jpg
    That was a proper backs to the wall performance but once Nascimento scored his goal from a horrendous keepers mistake, it was a case of what we have, we hold which we did as we went increasingly defensive as the game drew on. Pinto’s red card but the result under threat, but we held on to record an unexpected three points.

kolas79 and roraimafilho like this.

5. Wow man! I just read all of the topic, you're going to put Lazio at Europa League (UEFA cup)!! Good. Can't wait for the next episodes.

6. May 2034

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-discipline.jpg- something of a byproduct of the way we play, so can’t really blame the team for this and the whole point of having a squad is that we can cover things like suspensions although going down to 10 men has cost me points in certain games.

The Italian cup pitches Inter Milan, in second, against Juventus, in first. Nothing to do with me, but it means that qualification for the European Cup stretches to 7th position in Serie A and in one of those quirks of the fixture list, we sit one point behind 7th placed Pescara… Bellusci is moved from the advanced playmaker AMC position to roaming playmaker MC in an attempt to help with the back to front transition.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-pescara.jpg
    It’s a perfect defensive display as we take the one really good chance we have and restrict Pescara to not very much. Again, Messan is the standout player in the WBR position - solid in defence, a threat going forward and linked well with Nascimento.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-torino.jpg
    We were absolutely terrible and probably saved our worst performance of the season for the final game…although its still better than Pescara who led AC Milan until the 79th minute and then conceded twice to end up drawing the game meaning we just hold on to 7th place.

We were oh so lucky, lucky, lucky to scrape that European Cup place as AC Milan do us a huge favour against Pescara but, humbly, I think we deserve it having been rooted to the bottom of the league when I took over in November.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-positions.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-confidence.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-competitions.jpg
    ---

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-review.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-awards.jpg

The player awards aren’t really a surprise - Lluna was our main threat, contributing a number of assists and goals and generally being something of a menace on the left hand side. Nascimento supported well on the other side and some promising performances from Hadzeresic towards the end of the season means we have good depth. I assume it’s a mistake, not a reflection on our strikers, but Lundqvist is a centre-back so I’m not sure how he ended up there. Otherwise it’s pretty much as the starting 11 would have been.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-player-stats.jpg

CB Afonso has been a steady rock at the back and, usually, ably supported by Lundqvist. Panetta leads the goalscoring, but Colombo really came into his own in the latter stages and may end up being first choice next season. Most of the assists came from Lluna or Nascimento in the AML and AMR positions. Neither Gallasso or Bellusci offered as much as I would have hoped in either the MC or AMC role and if the right offer came in, could leave. Michel was on loan and we could pick him up on a free as his contract expires, but we have players in the reserves who were out on loan last season who can play back-up to Lluna.

Another player in the reserves, Marra, has been on loan at Sassuolo and has won the U19 best midfielder award so will also be stepping into the first team next season and possibly into the roaming playmaker role I experimented with towards the end of last season

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-marra-profile.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-marra-award.jpg

Last edited by Edd1920; 10/03/2018 at 10:06 PM.
    kolas79 likes this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by roraimafilho View Post
    Wow man! I just read all of the topic, you're going to put Lazio at Europa League (UEFA cup)!! Good. Can't wait for the next episodes.
    We were very lucky...but yes, got there in the end. It is said it's better to be a lucky manager than a good one!!
    roraimafilho likes this.

8. June - August 2034

Let’s see what happened around the rest of Europe:

Champions League:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-champions-cup.jpg

UEFA Cup:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-uefa-cup.jpg

England:

Premier League:

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-premierleague-table.jpg

FA Cup:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-premierfacup.jpg

League Cup:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-premierleaguecup.jpg

Germany

Bundesliga:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-german-table.jpg

German Cup:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-german-cup.jpg

Spain

La Liga:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-spanish-league.jpg

Spanish Cup:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-spanish-cup.jpg

=X=X=X=

There are 20 players in the reserves whose contracts expire, none of whom are needed. As a result, any transfer business will be limited to improvements on current options or youth prospects - a good keeper or left back would be welcomed.

There’s not much in the budget, or much quality available on free transfers so this could be quiet, but we already have a good youth squad, so the following youth players are promoted to the first team:

Central midfielder Marra:

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-marra-profile.jpg / I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-marra-history.jpg

Left winger Vitali:

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vitali-profile.jpg / I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vitali-history.jpg

Striker De Vito:

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-de-vito.jpg / I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-de-vito-history.jpg

Attacking midfielder Nardi and goalkeeper Viana are signed. The 19 year old Nardi looks like a very good prospect and transfer listed Viana was too good an option to pass up and replaces Bruni, who is transfer listed, as the reserve keeper.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-nardi-signing.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-viana-signing.jpg

In among the friendlies, there is the small matter of the first leg of the 3rd qualifying round and we travel to the Czech Republic. New signing Nardi starts in the AMC role and Colombo as the striker, but this place is very much up for grabs.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-slavia-prague-.jpg
    A relatively comfortable win which gives us a very good chance of progression. Lluna & Hadziresic caused the problems and ran the show but it was Colombo with a goal and assist who I was most impressed with - it looks like he’s well capable of building on his solid stats last season.

20 year old wonderkid Esteban Largeron is signed for a rather expensive fee of £10m but he immediately becomes first choice left back and looks like a very good addition

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-largeron-profile.jpg

A completely changed starting 11 for the second home leg against Slavia Prague, including starts for new signings Largeron and Viana, and debutants Vitali and De Vito who have both been promoted from the reserves.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-slavia-prague-h-.jpg
    Not an ideal result, but progress is the important thing and that’s what we achieved. Debutants Vitali and De Vito combine very nicely for the second but all those making their first appearances for the club held up well.

The European Cup playoff pits us against Polish side Lech Posnan, being at home in the first leg and it’s a strong starting 11 with Panetta leading the line supported by Lluna and Nascimento.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-lech-h-.jpg
    Nascimento did all the hard work in the first half to give us a good base for the second leg. Marra has a good debut.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-lech-.jpg
    Progression to the group stages is confirmed, as after a slightly underwhelming start, we take advantage of Lech’s narrow formation.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-transfers.jpg- we’ve gone for quality over quantity in terms of the players in and Nardi, Largeron and Viana will all be in and around the first team this season. A ridiculous 25 players leave the club which frees up a significant amount of the wage budget.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-competitions.jpg - I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-confidence.jpg
    roraimafilho likes this.

9. September 2034

The first business of the month is the draw for the group stages of the UEFA cup. As third seeds, it’s not going to be an easy group regardless…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-eurocup-draw.jpg

and as fate would have it, it looks as though I’ll end up returning to ex-employers Anderlecht. Marseille are tough opposition, but Zorya could end up being the whipping boys of the group.

Far from the easiest game to open the season with, but it’s a chance to lay down a marker.
    Not sure why, but Amrani takes over set-piece duty to give us the lead. Largeron finishes a fine flowing move with a good header and Colombo gets his third in three games to move to the front of the queue in terms of strikers. Largeron gets the MoM.

Cason comes in for Lundqvist, who fails a late fitness test, but otherwise it’s the same starting 11.
    Nascimento gets the MoM award courtesy of a goal and assist in a game we dominate. A very impressive performance and Colombo keeps up his good goalscoring record.

Some fringe players start in the European Cup opener.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-zorya.jpg
    We should have finished this game off well before Colombo came on as a substitute to complete the victory. Another win, another 3 goals and a victory that takes us top of the group as Marseille can only manage a one goal win against Anderlecht. Hadziresic gets the MoM award courtesy of his 2 assists.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-napoli.jpg
    We were slightly lucky to come away with a draw and its telling that GK Russo gets the man of the match award after making a string of very good saves to keep us in the game. A very good assist from Galasso gives Colombo an easy chance to put away. Frustratingly WBR Messan tears knee ligaments and misses 2 months.

WBR Sithole has to come in for the injured Messan and it’s a strong team through the line-up. Nardi starts in the AMC role, but he’s not been quite the creative force I was hoping he would be with Galasso the better performer. AMR Nascimento has been performing well with 3 goals and 3 assists in his 5 games.
    The game management wasn’t quite there as we rode our luck slightly after taking the lead. Colombo scores in his seventh consecutive game.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-fiorentina.jpg
    Nardi has by far his best game in a Lazio shirt so far as he scores one and creates another in a fairly even game which we just about edged, only conceding from the penalty spot. That win caps off an outstanding month with 4 wins from 5 games and gives some early season momentum.

Really impressed to see a strong Lazio showing in the stats for the league. Colombo already looks like he's going to end up being first choice striker for the season. Given he's been playing loan football for the last 3 seasons, Marra has settled into the first team well and his ratings prove that.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-stats.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-competitions.jpg - I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-confidence.jpg

10. October 2034

It’s a tough second game of the group stage as Marseille come to town and it’s understandably a strong team.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-om.jpg
    Its a pretty low quality affair as we struggle to find any fluency or control in the game and Lundqvist’s header is our only effort on target. Something of a fortunate result for us.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-entella.jpg
    God knows what the score might have been there if we’d have been a bit more clinical.

We could do with a bit of a reaction after the Entella game, particularly since Verona sit at the wrong end of the table without a win in 6 games.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-verona.jpg
    We were knocking on the door for most of the game, but it took over an hour to make the breakthrough with substitutes Lluna and De Vito creating the goals. I was just about to substitute Colombo when he scored as he had missed a number of good opportunities.

A slightly more defensive stance is adopted as we travel to my previous employers. Galasso, as the more creative AMC, replaces Nardi and Lluna is restored to the starting line-up.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-anderlecht.jpg
    It was a disappointing first half and, despite making changes to attempt to improve things at half time, it was an even worse second half as we created very little. Anderlecht youth product Mayela, who I had high hopes for when I was there, scores the only goal of the game.

A few fringe players come in as we go to Spezia who sit in 19th place so, even with the changes, we should be strong enough to win.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-spezia.jpg
    Well, it wasn’t quite the result I was expecting and two missed penalties added to the drama. Thankfully, Colombo stepped up to the mark again after taking over penalty duties from Nascimento. A big injury blow is Lluna who misses 4 months with a damaged achilles. 20 year old Vitali, on loan at Serie B side Salernitana last season, will have to step up.

I'm pleased to see Largeron partly justify his transfer fee with some fine performances.

We’ve done exceptionally well to keep up with AC Milan so far, but it is noticeable we haven’t played them, or any of the other big boys just yet.

Last edited by Edd1920; 15/03/2018 at 02:45 PM.

11. November 2034

Cesena are already struggling after their remarkable post-promotion season and second place finish last year.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cesena.jpg
    The domination of possession translated into goals, although all the action happens in the first 8 minutes after which there’s plenty of effort but little quality and even less reward.

A significant test and probably the toughest opposition we’ve faced so far this season as we face the team sitting at the top of league. Neither team has lost yet, so there’s a serious risk of one of those records going.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-ac-milan.jpg
    Hmnn…we remain unbeaten, but I have no idea how. We got battered and GK Russo was outstanding in ensuring we kept a clean sheet. De Vito could have won it at the death as he ran sprinted clear for a one-on-one but passed it tamely back to Donnarumma in the AC goal.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-anderlecht.jpg
    It’s an unlikely goalscorer who gives us the win as Saito scores more in this game than he has in the last 11 seasons. We controlled possession and had the better chances in the game so on balance, the win is probably deserved.

De Vito, Hadsiresic and Cappiello all start for Colombo, Nascimento and Ceylan who could all do with a rest.
    The defence gets the plaudits as Saito turns into a positively prolific goalscorer.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-genoa.jpg
    Everything we’ve been doing well in the previous few games, we somehow fail to do here and deservedly succomb to a better Genoa team.

I take a calculated gamble and start with ST De Vito and GK Viana instead of Colombo and Russo respectively.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-zorya.jpg
    We should have won this far more comfortably as we utterly dominate and control the game with a shorter passing approach. One of the more one-sided 1-0 results I’ve had and it’s great to see academy product Vitali get his first for the club. That win secures progression to the knockout stages.

Last edited by Edd1920; 16/03/2018 at 12:49 PM.
    kolas79 likes this.

12. December 2034

Juve haven’t been playing particularly well and sit in sixth position, but even so it’s hardly going to be anything like an easy game.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-juventus.jpg
    Although we held our own for most of the game, we let ourselves down with a couple of mistakes which they took full advantage of. Another game where Colombo fails to find the net and he’s struggling after his very good early season run of goals.

De Vito is injured, and with Colombo not in the best form, Panetta leads the line. Pescara sack their manager just 2 days before the game.
    One of the more comfortable results we’ve had this season as Panetta repays my faith and scores two clinical goals.

We’ve already progressed to the knockout stages so this game is something of a free hit and a number of the lesser used players make an appearance, although it’s still Panetta who retains the sole striker role.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-om.jpg
    A disappointing result with LB Pinto particularly poor as all three goals come from the left-back position.

The draw for the first knockout round of the European Cup is made and 32 teams go into it.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-cup-draw.jpg

The draw hasn’t been friendly as, although Chelsea haven’t been particularly successful recently and have been lingering around the 5th/6th position in the league over the last few seasons, they are still a massive club with huge resources and the team is filled with quality internationals.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-atalanta.jpg
    We score after just 12 seconds and concede an equalizer on 48 seconds. Vitali’s stock continues to rise as he gets an assist, but we can’t hold on to the performance and end up with a disappointing point, instead of three.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-southampton-job.jpg - well, a move to Southampton is very tempting but I’m quite happy where I am, so thanks but no thanks Saints. A move to the Premiership is on the cards but maybe a few years off yet.

kolas79 likes this.

13. January 2035

January should be all about the transfer window but with no budget, there is very unlikely to be any players coming in. If we can lose some unwanted players from the reserves, that would be beneficial but we’ll see what happens…and those with contracts expiring in the summer are always worth picking up early if possible.

Roma are struggling at the wrong end of the table, but still have a pretty strong team.
    Going by the stats, Roma should have absolutely spanked us but despite having the overwhelming majority of shots and efforts on target, none of them particularly threatened our goal. Colombo ends his goal drought giving him his most prolific season so far.

Lots of possession, lots of shots, not that many on target and no goals in a wholly frustrating game where we just couldn’t make the breakthrough.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-palermo.jpg
    That was disappointing.

A couple of changes are made after the Palermo game to, hopefully, make a difference against Inter. Even on its own this is a tough game, but after a poor run, it’s even more so.
    Having taken the lead, it was particularly disappointing to lose it again so soon after. We held our own until 10 minutes from time when some tactical and personnel changes were made to chase the game, but that just left spaces which Inter were quick to exploit.

ST Panetta is pursued by a number of teams and after a bit of negotiation leaves for a fee of £11m which is a very good bit of business.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-roselli-signing.jpg- promising centre-back Sabino Roselli is signed from Serie B side Bari. He’s only 20, but he’s got the potential to be a very good player for the team in the future. He replaces Cason in the first team. Another CB, Longo, is signed on a free from Juventus and helps to partly address the weaknesses in terms of decision making and work-rate.

The first round of the cup brings Serie B side Pisa to the Olimpico.. Roselli makes his debut and a number of other lesser used players come in as well, including De Vito up top.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-pisa.jpg
    And that plan spectacularly backfires as we create absolutely nothing of note during the note and end up being taken all the way to penalties which we throw away. That was a bit of a cock-up.

A number of injuries, including both of my first choice centre-backs so new signing Roselli has to start again. Colombo comes back into the starting line-up.
    Vitali does what all good wingers do and gets into the box when the ball is on the opposite side to get his goal. Nascimento is clinical with his chances. We needed that reaction after the horror show in the cup.

Colombo’s goals have all but dried up, although with the exception of the final game of the month, that was a pretty dire month results-wise so it’s not that much of a shock. Largeron continues to impress and that £10m is starting to look like a very good investment. Ceylan has been a bit of a metronome in the middle of the park, just keeping the possession ticking over and helping to control the games.

kolas79 likes this.

14. February 2035

A bit worried we’re getting somewhat predictable, a change is made as the AMC is replaced with a DLF striker. Both DMs are given support duties and the winger/IF roles are retained in the wider positions.
    Although the gamble doesn’t pay off as we get comfortably outplayed and it’s something of a surprise we managed to even get two goals out of that performance.

We change back to usual 4-2-3-1 but, having conceded too many goals recently, move to what I hope is a more conservative approach to tighten up the defence.
    A much improved performance, but still 2 goals conceded which is disappointing, although we did well to fight back from going behind twice. Hopefully Colombo’s goal can encourage him to kick on with a few more.

Not the most convincing scoreline, but a good defensive performance. Galasso, who was only on the pitch for 2 minutes before his goal, plays the role of supersub.

This could be a long evening, but given we’re at home and want to make a half decent stab at progressing I don’t go all out defensive, but do pull the AMR/AML wingers back to standard MR/ML positions and a 4-4-1-1 formation to assist with defending the wider Chelsea attackers.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-chelsea.jpg
    As it happens, that was a reasonably matched game with the difference being the ability of their strikers being able to put their chances away. Their second was a fortunate goal from a deflected clearance which landed at his feet 3 yards out and in front of an open net…grrrrr

Vitali has been playing well in the AML role, but Lluna is on his way back to fitness and is given his first start for sometime. De Vito is also picked over Colombo up top and Galasso ahead of Nardi in the AMC position.
    Vitali rather proves my point as he and Afonso get the goals that seal a good victory and helps to increase the margin to 8 points between us in 5th position and Fiorentina in 6th.

Nascimento’s done well to catch Colombo up in the goalscoring stakes which in turn pushes him up the average rating list as well, although Colombo has slowed his scoring rate considerably. Vitali’s presence in the team ahead of the injured Lluna has proved fruitful in terms of assists and Amrani’s good performances have been recognised as well.

kolas79 likes this.

15. March 2035

It’s about as strong a team as I can put out to attempt to overturn the deficit without losing the game before it’s even begun.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-chelsea.jpg
    In truth, we lost this in the first leg, conceding two at home. Gurzakovic just loves playing against us. A pretty valiant effort, so can’t criticise the lads for the effort and with a kinder draw we might have gone further.

Back to league duty, and hopefully a game against one of the weaker teams in the division can provide a boost after the cup exit.
    A Nardi assist, a Colombo goal and very, very nearly a clean sheet made that a pretty satisfying victory. We had the chances to make it even more comfortable but they continued to fall to the wrong people.

In fair Verona where we lay our scene…
    I suppose, given Russo saved a penalty at the death, that was a well earned point but we had so many good chances to put the game to bed before that, I can’t help but be annoyed that we didn’t get more points than that. That point means that the top 5 teams are seperated by just 4 points.

Viana is given a rare start in goal and, for today, Hadziresic is preferred to Nascimento in the AMR position.
    It did look as though it was going to be another entirely frustrating game before Hadzeresic scores late on in the game to add to his very early strike.

Galasso gets a rare start as Nardi fails a late fitness test. Vitali starts again in the hope he can continue his excellent recent form that is keeping Lluna out of the team. Viana gets another run out in goal.
    Cesena never even looked like scoring, but neither did we until Galasso, who had already missed a number of good chances, put one away from a fine Largeron cross.

The top of the table is looking really tight as just 4 points separate the top 4. The board expectation was to qualify for the European Cup and we seem comfortable in that respect, but the additional finances from playing in the Champions League would be a massive boost. We still have all of the top 3 to play yet though.

Last edited by Edd1920; 22/03/2018 at 07:46 PM.
    kolas79 and roraimafilho like this.

16. You've already guaranteed a European position. That is nice...

17. April 2035

We’re getting to the business end of the season and we’re in relatively good shape, so let’s see how things progress from here.

We still have to play all three teams above us in the league and we don’t have a great record against the bigger teams, but we’ll set up not to lose and take it from there. Vitali’s and Hadziresic’s good recent form means they both start.

That was a pretty good effort and we were unlucky not to take all 3 points as both Colombo and Marra hit the woodwork.

That hard earned point doesn’t mean anything if we can’t capitalise on it by making the most of games like this. We’re away, but we should be good enough to win it. A lot of changes are needed as both Nardi and Colombo are going through poor spells so are replaced by Galasso and De Vito. Benedini is suspended and Messan injured, so replaced by El Amrani and Sithole respectively. I’m hoping Afonso and Lundqvist at centreback, with a combined age of 69 can see this through.
    The defence did their bit and Colombo, on as a substitute, finally makes the breakthrough after some tactical tweaks were made to try and improve the attacking threat. De Vito is dreadful again and is rapidly looking like he is not good, or clinical enough, to be playing at this level.

Lluna and Nascimento start for Vitali and Hadzeresic. Roselli comes into the back line as well to considerably reduce the average age of the centre-backs.
    An utterly dominant win as Lluna justifies the decision to start him with a goal and two assists.

The month ends as it begins, with another very tough game against a team in the top two.
    It’s fair to say we got taught a bit of a lesson, although I probably didn’t help things there by setting the team out to try and compete. In hindsight, we should have just set out a defensive stall and gone for the draw.

Nascimento isn’t far behind Colombo, but they’re both a long way behind the leaders. There’s a sprinkling of goals behind these two, but nothing really to shout about. AML Vitali, AMR Nascimento and WBR Messan just go to show that the assists seem to be coming from the wide positions.

The table makes for good reading at the moment, although with 6 games left there’s still a lot of potential movement. Amongst Juve and the Milans, I do feel as though we’re the imposters of the group as we seem to have got here by just beating the smaller teams - we’ve found ourselves a bit lacking against the teams around us.

18. May 2035

The only change is the slightly more prolific Galasso coming in for Nardi.
    So, it wasn’t the finest performance we’ve ever had, but we defended well and Vitali put the ball on a plate for Nascimento to give us the win. Nascimento’s having the finest goalscoring season of his career at the age of 32.

A number of changes are needed as this game comes just 3 days after the Pescara game and a number of players are struggling with fitness. Before the game I’m informed that Atalanta have conceded the majority of their goals from crosses….which is handy to know.
    All 3 goals come from wide assists, with Nascimento getting two of them. For once, our finishing was clinical.

An unchanged starting 11
    I don’t know what happened there, but that was an entirely frustrating game plagued by poor decision making throughout the team and the failure to pick up a win was made even worse as we played for an hour with a man extra.

Messan, Hadzeresic and Ceylan come in for a big away game which, on paper, should be a comfortable win.
    I should know better than that by now as we just didn’t turn up with three really slack goals conceded. This combined with a failure to provide any even half decent chances, made that a pretty miserable result.

Roselli is dropped, Nascimento comes in and I’m hoping for a significant improvement.
    Having scored so early, I was hoping that would be the base for a few more and a solid attacking performance but not to be although I can’t sniff at a very valuable three points at this stage of the season which guarantees Champions League football next season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-england-offer.jpg - normally this would probably be an outstanding offer, but I’m turning it down…

The final game of an already very good season. We’re guaranteed fourth, but a victory against Inter would mean leapfrogging them into third.
    It’s fair to see I didn’t exactly see that coming, but we were outstanding and humbled Inter in their own back yard with a result that pushes us up into third. Two Vitali assists increases his stock even further.

Viana’s average rating has to be seen in the light that he’s the reserve keeper and has been the backup choice although performed well when needed. Largeron however, has been outstanding in the games he has played. At the other end, De Vito has been really poor and clearly doesn’t seem to suit the style we play. Colombo leads the goalscoring charts, but given he’s a poacher doesn’t contribute much elsewhere so his relatively low rating is understandable. Otherwise, I’m very happy with the youngsters in the team as Vitali, Marra, Nardi and Roselli to a lesser extent have had good seasons.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-u21-awards.jpg / I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-u21-awards2.jpg- I’m particularly pleased with this as the Serie A U19 player of the month has been shared between Nardi and Vitali in 8 of the 9 months. With Vitali this year, and Marra last year it does show that there is serious promise in the youth ranks and they're capable of making the step up into the first team.
    Last edited by Edd1920; 24/03/2018 at 06:26 PM.
    kolas79 likes this.

19. June - August 2035

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-review.jpg - I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-team-season.jpg

We overperformed, finishing in a very good third position. The team of the year is pretty much as expected and all three of the fans player of the seasons are aged 21 or under - the future is bright.

However, there’s no rest for the wicked as work goes on in the background to improve the squad.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-longo.jpg - Juventus CB Longo has already been signed on a free transfer and will gradually take over from the 35 year old Afonso.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-appiah.jpg - I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-appiah-history.jpg19 year old Appiah has been on loan for a couple of seasons and has scored goals so is deserving of a chance in the first team squad…he can’t do any worse than De Vito this season.

7 players from the reserves all leave and the squad is reduced further which is exactly what I’m trying to do. De Vito is sold for a fee £2m which is a bargain for Verona - he has the skills and will score goals but just didn’t seem to fit into what I was trying to do. Reserve midfielder Roghi and centre-back Cason leave for fees.

Unsurprisingly Juventus are tipped to retain Serie A - we are, again, predicted a 7th placed finish.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-paulinho.jpg - I raid Anderlecht for a right back who is more proficient going forward than Sithole, and pick up Paulinho for a fee of £8m which seems a lot, but we’ll see how he performs.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-transfers.jpg - The transfer window shuts and frustratingly some genuinely world class players were available, either transfer listed or on a free contract, but their wages were beyond what I could afford so the only players in are those that have replaced, or improved on, players going out.
    Last edited by Edd1920; 25/03/2018 at 05:12 PM.
    kolas79 likes this.

20. September 2035

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-champions-league-draw.jpg - the first appearance in the Champions League for Lazio in 20 years pits us in a very tough group. Dortmund have consecutive Bundesliga title wins under their belts and Athletic Madrid have finished third in three of the last four La Liga seasons. To cap it off, Spartak are the current Russian champions as well.

Colombo was prolific in pre-season with 6 goals in 7 games so I’m hoping he can continue that. New signings Longo and Paulinho start.
    It got a bit ropey towards the end but a goal and assist each from Colombo and Lluna gave us the win in the end. Honorouble mention to Benedini who, on as a substitute, gave away the penalty seconds after coming onto the pitch.

Well, we have to play all the teams twice so perhaps it’s good to be playing them this early in the season. Paulinho & Nardi are replaced by Messan and Galasso
    £34m pound striker Svoboda and £24m midfielder Poisson score the goals that consign us to another Juventus defeat.

An excellent performance capped off with Appiah’s first senior goal and that was after we moved to shut the game down after our third goal. Having been dragged back from 2-0 up I was a bit concerned we were going to throw that away, but the boys determination came through.

The Lazio fans have been waiting a long, long time for Champions League football so let’s hope not to disappoint them…although it’s a tough, long distance opener. Viana in goal and Roselli at centre-back make their first appearances this season.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-spartak.jpg
    The media tell me that football was the winner after that. Who needs a 1-0 anyway? Ceylan was the MoM with three assists from central midfield.

Lluna is just recovering from an injury so is replaced by Vitali for his first start. Benedini also makes his first start as El Amrani also struggles for fitness.
    We really weren’t terribly good and some slack defending cost us as we had to rely on Udinese to give us the goal

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-800-games.jpg

Colombo keeps up his fine goalscoring start to the season and it’s an unlikely source with DLP Marra tapping in a second after good work from Galasso.

AC lead the league with 5 straight wins and no goals conceded…a tough game in store would be an understatement.
    And we don’t look like even getting close to changing that record as Milan comfortably outclass us…although Nascimento and Saito do make it a little easier for them.

A bit of a disappointing month, but considering we faced both Juventus and AC Milan, it's perhaps not a huge surprise. The goal difference of 0 - 10 goals scored, 10 conceded - is a bit frustrating as well, as we normally defend better than we have done so far.

21. October 2035

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-madrid.jpg
    The boys did well to recover from a goal down to get a well deserved draw with Nardi picking up his second in 2 European games and adding some weight to his ‘wonderkid’ status.

No need to make any changes
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-sassuaolo.jpg
    Well, that was a bit too close for comfort as we’re very close to being pegged back from 3 up.

Longo comes in for the less-than-fit Saito and Hadzeresic replaces Nascimento who is also struggling with fitness. Paulino replaces the injured Messan. To see whether he can make an impact, Appiah is given his first start of the season.
    Marra gets us off to a good start with a clinical penalty and after that we take charge. Marra is the best player on the pitch with a goal, assist and a generally commanding performance. Appiah gets his goal as well.

Colombo returns to the starting line-up along with Ceylan and Nascimento who are the players to make a difference in the European games.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-dortmund.jpg
    It was a good effort, but to be fair, we were just beaten by the better side - a better side with ridiculous resources, but they were still the better side.

Away to Palermo and as its only 3 days after the European trip, we have a number of players lacking in fitness so quite a few players are rotated.
    Vitali missed 2 unbelievable chances before he was substituted which pretty much sums up an entirely frustrating game in which we just couldn’t make a breakthrough.

AC Milan retain their record of straight wins as their ninth, takes them to 27points and 5 clear of Juventus in second position. Italy lost a European co-efficient this season, so it’s now only the top 3 that qualify for the Champions League next season but that is a tough, tough ask for us.

Atalanta set up with a weird top-heavy narrow 3-2-2-3 formation, which I don’t think I’ve ever seen before, but it means that their flanks are there for the taking which we set up to do…
    It was a good win, but the goals didn’t quite come as expected as Lluna scores two good free-kicks before Hadzeresic rounds off a very good flowing move to record his first of the season.

kolas79 likes this.

22. November 2035

Our away form is better than our home form at the moment, so I’m optimistic, despite a number of suspensions and fitness issues.
    Roselli’s own goal was rather symptomatic of the slack performance on display.

A finely poised group with Dortmund boasting an unblemished record so far.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-dortmund.jpg
    Further evidence, if it was needed, that we’re still a few steps away from the best in Europe. Having made some changes which brought about Colombo’s goal, it was disappointing then to gift them the penalty. Demandt’s hat-trick means he’s bagged 5 goals in the 2 games against us.

An attempt is made to try and put the ball in space for the front three to run on to as we’ve been a bit compressed in the last couple of games and unable to get out.
    We got pegged back twice after scoring, so to eventually eke out of the win is a good result.

A second consecutive 3-2 result and Colombo has another fine game, sealing his hat-trick with a penalty. We rode our luck a little bit, conceding twice, but very happy with a good result against the team one place below us in the league. The media says it’s a fortunate although I’m not convinced.

Given that we have to travel to Madrid in the final game of the group, this is something of a must win game to give us the best chance possible of progressing.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-spartak.jpg
    Well, that was one of the easier European games we’ve played and Nascimento has a great game putting Spartak to the sword.

The good performances in the last month have been typified with a sprinkling of Lazio players across the goals, assist and average ratings with Colombo's prolific month bouncing him up the goalscoring charts in particular.

kolas79 likes this.

23. December 2035

Spal sit 19th in the league, have struggled to pick up points anywhere and have just one win this season
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-spal.jpg
    Colombo maintains his recent prolific goalscoring form with Lluna bagging a great freekick to complete the rout. The only disappointment was conceding late on denying the defence a well earned clean sheet.

So - this is quite straightforward…if we can avoid defeat, we stay ahead of Athletico Madrid and progress to the knockout rounds. If not, they go through.
    The gameplan was very quickly undone as an early freekick forced us into changes and after that, although we didn’t really threaten, their shoot on site policy bore no fruit until literally the last minute when a long range effort actually ended up on target.

Just one of those games as we couldn’t put away any of the good chances we created. Their keeper was in inspired form to earn his clean sheet though.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-jobcentre.jpg I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-interconference.jpg- now that, is very, very tempting. Twice the wage budget, three times the club value, a host of top Internationals and arguably, a team much more likely to win Serie A in the near future than my current Lazio team. I’m not going to apply, but if they approach me I’ll accept the job.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-inter-fans.jpg- and the fans seem keen which is a good sign.

In the meantime, it’s back to business without the distractions…

That should have been more comfortable and would have been had other players shown the same finishing ability as Colombo, who gets himself another two to add to the collection. The tactical tweak to get the ball in behind the defence for him to run on to is really paying off in terms of the chances he is getting and putting away.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-euro-draw.jpg - third place in the Champions League means progress through to the knockout round of the European Cup and a draw against Portugese team Sporting.

Having been knocked out of the cup at the first hurdle and embarrassingly early last season, I’m determined to make a better fist of it this time round.
    Well that wasn’t in the script - another hugely frustrating early cup exit and we only have ourselves to blame as we had enough chances to put the game to bed.

Hardly the convincing commanding response to the cup exit that I was after, but it is three points which I’ll obviously take all day long. That was Vitali’s first goal this season which is something of a surprise given his good record last season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-inter-job-approach.jpg- this offer falls into the ‘too good to refuse’ category albeit with a slight reluctance to leave Lazio, but realistically and ambitiously, Inter have a far better prospect of winning the league and European success so it’s on to the next chapter…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-job-history.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

24. Good luck with the new club there mate!

25. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    Good luck with the new club there mate!

Cheers mate - got a good feeling about this move
    kolas79 likes this.

26. Name:  Inter logo.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  12.9 KB
    January 2036

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-inter-summary.jpg - so, here we are and, with no disrespect to Lazio or Galatasaray, I’m finally at the top table of Europe’s elite although Inter have struggled as of late. Last champions in the 31/32 season, they’ve flittered between 2nd and 5th since but do have the league’s highest average attendance which has to contribute to the finances.

They went out in the group stages of the Champions League knockout this time round and have never progressed beyond the quarter finals in recent memory. Their domestic cup record is far better having reached at least the semi-finals in 5 of the last 6 seasons and are still in the competition this season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-inter-squad.jpg - unsurprisingly, there is some serious quality in the squad. There are improvements that can most definitely be made, particularly regarding more defensive minded midfielders but the core of the team; centre-back Saidi, central midfielder Fattori, attacking midfielder El Allouchi and striker Baptista are without doubt the players to build the team around so we'll be lining up, initially, in a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 formation.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-lineup.jpg

The transfer budget is not particularly huge, probably due to the massive wages some of the players in the reserves are on, so a bit of a cull may be needed to free up some money and it could be a busy transfer window. A request to the board for additional transfer fees does free up some extra cash.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-veloso-signing.jpg - world class midfielder Veloso is signed from Arsenal for a fee of £14m, mostly to address the lack of genuine defensive midfielders in the squad.

It's not too long before the opportunity comes around to see what this Inter team can do, and w
    hat a game to make a managerial debut in.
    A bit of a streaky win and Donnarumma somewhat gifts us the win, but hey-ho it's a result that instantly gets the fans onside.

Both strikers and new signing give us the win and move us a place up the league, leapfrogging, ironically, Lazio in the process.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-sassuolo.jpg
    World class Dutch midfielder El Allouchi gives us a lead that we frustratingly can’t build on.

Conti only came on as a substitute in the 60th minute and very quickly put the game beyond Entella.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-sampdoria-cup.jpg
    Well that was an outstanding result with Baptista just blowing Sampdoria out of the water with 2 goals and 2 assists. It’s probably 20 year old Nava that gets the headlines with his 30 yard strike though.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-sampdoria-league.jpg
    It was somewhat disappointing not to record the win there but the unbeaten league run continues.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-bari.jpg
    Even with Baptista, Veloso and El Allouchi on the subs bench, a comfortable win was secured as Conti won it for us in the first half and should have grabbed himself a hat-trick.

I don't think I could have hoped for a better start here as we only drop points in the Sampdoria game. More to the point, there's some very good football being played and 5 clean sheets in the 6 league games. I don't think Juventus can be caught at the top this season, but the target of third is well within our reach...as is an appearance in the cup final.

kolas79 likes this.

27. February 2036

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-fixtures.jpg

For whatever reason, Italy international Conti (26 goals in 46 games) was largely overlooked before my arrival, but his nine goals in eight games for me means he’s one of the first names on the teamsheet and dovetails with Baptista effectively.

We were slightly lucky El Allouchi came to the party as until then we didn’t create all that many clear chances.

Not the best defensive display from us but a solid base for the second leg. One of my old Slovan Liberec players scores the Sassuolo effort.

Baptista’s form has been a bit hit & miss recently, so he misses out and it’s an unlikely goalscorer with anchor man Marchesi with the only bright spot in what was a pretty dire game.

Baptista comes back in, suspended Fattori is replaced by Chafai. Conti absolutely steals us the win with the last kick off the game just as we were on the ropes after being pegged back from 2-0 up. El Allouchi misses a month with an ankle injury which could be a blow.

A good month which keeps us third and ever so slightly increases the space to fourth placed Fiorentina, although they have a game in hand. A good result in the cup as well, with home advantage in the second leg should see us through to face either Atalanta or AC Milan in the final.

28. March 2036

I have no idea…

Well, that was less than convincing. 20 year old Bucchi, in his debut season, should have put this to bed. Attacking midfielder Nava’s damaged spine rules him out for 3 months and with El Allouchi already out, we have a problem in the AM position.

Unsurprisingly, AC Milan win their semi-final so it’s the Madonnina derby in the final of the Italian Cup.

Away to the league leaders by 14 points, so some respect is given…perhaps too much as we start slowly and can’t catch up, even after the sending off.

We recovered after a poor start and tweaked the emphasis slightly to counter their centre-heavy formation, which had the desired effect as both assists came from crosses.

We just weren’t at the races, although it did take two worldies to beat us.

For the first time since my appointment, the board look less than impressed though I suspect (hope…) this is more to do with an awful month this time round as 1 win out of 4 isn’t really good enough.

29. April 2036

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-lazio.jpg
    The ex employers came to town and we were fortunate to grind out the win pushing on as the game wore on. Vigano makes the most of Conti’s inury by bagging his first of the season.

If they could finish, that might have been different.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-spal.jpg
    Possession eventually turned into goals with the 2 strikers sealing the win. Conti’s takes him to 15 in the league, Baptista has 10.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-inter-report.jpg - well, that’s good to know and is a bit better news than the board confidence at the end of last month.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-juve-win.jpg - A dominant Juventus side win the league for the fifth consecutive season and still with 3 games to spare.

We should have won that well before Baptista got the solitary goal as the game was winding to a close.

It's a much more comfortable picture at the end of this month as we find ourselves second in the league for the first time this season.

30. May 2036

In the season’s last month, my true love gave to me…5 points clear of Roma, 4 games remaining, 3 in the league, 2 against the rivals and the Italian cup final.

We absolutely dominated and should have scored more than just the one but we’ve been in that position more than once this season. AC Milan could only manage a draw, so the next game doesn’t quite have the significance it might have done.

It’s fair to say that didn’t go to plan - let’s hope we put up more of a fight in the next game against them in the cup final.

Not exactly the season-ending finale I was after, but the point is enough to keep us ahead of Roma in fourth...although only on goal difference

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-final-preview.jpg

So here we are - just 3 days after the end of season finale, and it’s time to go again. Having done so badly in this competition previously with Bologna & Lazio earlier this season, it is somewhat fortuitous I’m even here….

Given the previous abject performance, a complete change of emphasis is needed for this one, so we’re playing on the counter, exploiting the wings and getting the ball from back to front quicker.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-ac-cup-.jpg
    And that approach pays dividends with Conti bagging the goals to give us a deserved win.

The cup win was the big one, but the league performance wasn’t too bad either ensuring Champions League football next season which is a massive help to the finances. The accounts are in a dire state at the moment as we’re losing £2m a month…something to work on, although the board don’t seem that bothered by it.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-competitions.jpg - I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-confidence.jpg

Nava was unlucky not to play more with injuries and El Allouchi ahead of him in the picking order. There are 13 different goalscorers, with Baptista leading the way in his first season at the club. Conti scored more league goals, but only starting playing regularly when I came in to the club. 14 players have assists, with strong showings from Baptista (again) and El Allouchi.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-review.jpg - I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-awards.jpg
    Last edited by Edd1920; 09/04/2018 at 07:27 PM.
    kolas79 likes this.

31. June - July 2036

The lads all take a very well deserved rest over the summer. However, this should be a busy transfer window as there are two major problems that need to be resolved:

Problem 1:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-reserve-players.jpg
    There are 9 players in the reserves earning more than £10k a week which is the limit I like to have for players in the reserves…they’re in there for a reason after all. Given the loss we’re making, this number can be reduced and they’re all transfer-listed.

All players except for Bedoya are sold, some for less than their value, but it gets the wages off the books. 19 year old Colombian Bedoya is being re-trained as a BBM. He has the physical and mental skills and I think he can learn the technical skills he doesn’t already have, so some training is on its way.

Problem 2:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-midfielders.jpg.
    I have 4 deep lying playmakers in the first team squad, which is two too since there is only one DLP position in the team. None of them are young, or mobile enough to play the BBM role I’d like, so any two of Chafai, Pires and Soares can be replaced.

Italian BBM, Matteo Pavan, is signed from Middlesbrough. He was a bit on the pricey side but he fits effectively into the midfield three and provides better balance than the recently departed Chafai.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-pavan-profile.jpg

In addition to this, a very good centreback wouldn’t go amiss either.

There’s only time for four friendlies this month before the SuperCup, the Champions League playoff and the start of the season, so we have a nice little money-spinning jolly to Japan.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-friendlies.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

32. August 2036

The Champions League playoff is drawn…
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cl-draw.jpg / I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-lyon-draw.jpg
    ...and that is probably one of the tougher draws we could have got.

The Italian SuperCup pits us; the cup winners, against the league winners; Juventus.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-juve-supercup.jpg
    Well that was poor - let’s hope we get that out of our system before the season starts proper. Juventus just seem to be in a different footballing class at the moment.

Another couple of friendlies finish off the preliminary part of the season before we go to the Champions League qualifying.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-lyon-.jpg
    We got absolutely battered for the opening half an hour until I put the shackles on their wingers and cut out the delivery to them. After that, it was much more comfortable and we got the away goal as a reward.

There’s no way we should have conceded 1 there, let alone 2. Good to see El Allouchi get his season up and running as he’s likely to be a key goalscoring component of this team. Baptista’s goal was a thing of beauty as he powers in a header from the penalty spot harder than some players can kick the ball. Bedoya comes on a substitute as his transition to a BBM in the centre of the park starts to take shape. A good start to the league campaign.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-lyon-h.jpg
    I don’t know what the fuck that was but we only have ourselves to blame as 2 goals in quick succession give them the victory. PISSED.

The European Cup is a bit of a consolation and the group draws are made…
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-eurocup-gourps.jpg
    Looks comfortable on paper

We were a touch fortunate but kept knocking on the door resulting in 20 year old youth product Bucchi making the difference as he gets his first for the club. Baptista’s fine early season form continues. 2 wins from 2.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-mauri-profile.jpg - the 21 year old Argentinian signs. He looks like a hot prospect and could be a Serie A leading player for years to come.

I hate having a busy transfer deadline day, but Spurs come in with a £22.5m bid for RB Dojcinovic out of the blue. I have Cortesi in the reserves who can step into the first team so the money can be used to improve the squad elsewhere and it frees up a non-EU spot in the squad.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-ferraro-profile.jpg - Turkish LB Kizilkaya is one of the poorer players in the squad and Italy International Ferraro, signed from Atalanta, is most certainly an upgrade and instantly becomes first choice.

kolas79 likes this.

33. September 2036

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-transfer-history.jpg- A load of money is recouped from un-needed players leaving and it reduces the wage expenditure significantly. The three players in all come in as first team candidates.

We were so poor that last minute penalty was an absolute gift.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-aek.jpg
    We rather gifted AEK their goal, but absolutely dominated otherwise. Great performance from Conti who carries on his goalscoring form from last season.

Absolutely dominated, deserved the three points, deserved more goals.

I’m taking the credit for that and I’m a tactical genius - a change to a 4-2-2-2 formation just after the hour mark brings its rewards. Baptista proves his worth again.

Another good win, but another game where the utter dominance doesn’t translate into scoreline.

Juventus seem to have struggled in the opening few games, although I’m sure they will improve.

kolas79 likes this.

34. October 2036

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-fenerbahce.jpg
    Two absolute world-class strikes give them a share of the points in a frustrating game, but an away European game - especially in Turkey - can always be potentially tricky.

Well that didn’t go to plan as we’re found wanting against the big teams again.

We should really have won that much more convincingly but the three points are sealed by Pavan’s first for the club.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-maritimo.jpg
    Another game where we didn’t make the most of our chances.

Bologna never looked like scoring as we put in an imperious defensive display…trouble is, our finishing left quite a lot to be desired as well. A frustrating stalemate.

So long as we’re keeping clean sheets, one goal is enough but sooner of later we’re going to have to find a way to score more than one.

kolas79 likes this.

35. November 2036

A bit of a ding-dong battle, but El Allouchi proves his worth as he’s involved in all 4 goals with 2 goals and 2 assists in an outstanding MoM performance. A slightly fortunate set of results in this matchweek - a Juve draw and AC Milan loss - means this win takes us top.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-maritimo.jpg
    We didn’t get the goals the performance warranted but it was a much more comfortable performance than the scoreline suggests. Fattori’s free-kick provides his first of the season. That result means qualification to the knockout stages are secured with ease and with 2 games in hand. The board are expecting at least a semi-final performance so this is promising.

Back to the ex-employers who completely smother us for 60 minutes, before a drastic change of formation, tactics and a triple substitution pay off as Bucchi finishes a fine flowing move. Cortesi is looking like a first team player after his step up from the reserves.

Pavan pops up in the last minute and pays back most of his £20m transfer fee with a fine headed back post goal. We set up up for a draw, so delighted with 3 points against the champions.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-aek.jpg
    The luxury of having already qualified, means it’s an entirely changed starting 11 consisting of a second string team, none of whom have more than 10 starts this season. Even with the lack of experience, it’s a comfortable winning margin and it probably should have been more. A goal and assist from Vigano earns him a deserved MoM award.

Both ST Bucchi and DLP Fattori sign new contracts. 27 year old Fattori signs a 5 year (with 3 year extension) at £150k a week. It’s expensive, but he’s one of the best players at the club and should keep him here for the duration. I also extend 33 year old CB Santos’ contract by a couple of years too.

A fine Pires strike from just outside the box, after a couple of tactical tweaks, gives us the perfect November with 6 straight wins. We had to grind this one out a bit but it’s the sign of a good team and the relentless victories continue to take us, temporarily at least, top of the league.

Juventus’s lack of form sees them drop right off the pace, meaning that the title could be anyone’s for the taking. We seem to be making the running and there’s already a gap forming between AC Milan and Roma. The European Cup run has been comfortable so far and allowed some of the squad players to get some game time which has been useful.

All in all, a very impressive month.

36. December 2036

They parked 11 men in front of the goal and left us utterly frustrated as we just couldn’t make the breakthrough, despite having a number of good chances with Baptista being the main cuplrit for misses. We spurn a great opportunity to put some distance between us, the unlikely leaders, and the chasing pack.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-fenerbahce.jpg
    Another dead rubber but injuries mean that the rotation isn’t as great as I would like. Conti lays the groundwork for a comfortable win and to round it off, Nava gets his first of the season.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-draw.jpg - We’ve managed to avoid some big names in the draw, but even so, that may not be an easy match to get through. Am well pleased that the away leg is first though.

Two home games to do what we couldn’t do in the Pescara game.

A fantastic Fattori free-kick digs us out of a hole there as we eventually make the breathrough. That seventh league game without conceding is a new club record.

£30m valued Baptista is highly rated and has been watched by a number of teams recently. I’m very reluctant to let him go, but everyone has a value too good to refuse.

The bottom placed team come to town and that’s a very frustrating result.

The only positive about that result is that second placed AC Milan lost and third placed Roma could only manage a draw.

Last edited by Edd1920; 22/04/2018 at 05:07 PM.

37. January 2037

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-performance.jpg- Due to our good performances, the board change the expectations which I agree to, not that I need the extra money that comes it with it. The wage adjustment takes the transfer budget up to very healthy £40 million if there are the players out there to sign.

Soares, who is currently sitting in the reserves, leaves for a fee the board won’t be happy with but with his contract running out and only Valencia interested, it was time to cash in.

We have somewhat mastered the 1-0. Al Ellouchi caps his return to the side after an injury layoff with a fine assist although it was somewhat disappointing not to build on the early goal.

Hmnnn… Mauri gets his first for the club.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-marinov.jpg / I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-marinov-profile.jpg- most of the increased transfer budget goes on Marinov, whose minimum release feel clause was met. I’m expecting big things.

Ridiculously, 6 of my last 8 games have ended up 1-0 although this run comes to an abrupt end in an entertaining game. Vigano plays the role of supersub.

It’s only 2 days later and we play Torino in the first round. Rotation and changes are needed although this backfires somewhat, as a bad-tempered game and an outstanding strike from Guedioura knocks us out. Annoying, but the least important of the competitions we’re involved in.

The combination of a resolute Roma defence and the woodwork consign us to just our second loss of the season.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-torino-league.jpg
    The wing-backs, Pinna and Cortesi, were a constant menace, but it’s new signing Marinov who takes the plaudits with a goal and an assist. Baptista scores his first for 15 hours apparantly...and being watched by Liverpool manager; Aidy Boothroyd…again.

That seemed like a long month but we’re in good shape in the league.

38. February 2037

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-transfers.jpg - 1 in, 1 out for the January transfer window.

An unlikely goalscorer gives us the lead, as RB Pinna opens the scoring for a game we never really looked like losing and gets the MoM award in the process.

That’s more like it - some extra width and an increase in tempo causes all sorts of problems as Palermo just can’t handle the additional attacking intent. A nice boost to the goal difference as well.

Vigano’s two fine goals prove to be the last of his Inter career as a surprise £12m bid from Jiangsu is accepted as we already have surplus strikers in the squad.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-bmg-.jpg
    Other than the conceded goal and the missed penalty, that was a pretty good European performance away from home.

A change of tactics to try and take advantage of their wing-heavy formation rather backfires as, despite Marinov’s goal, we succumb to 2 very ordinary goals originating from the flanks. I obviously didn’t get that one right.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-bmg-h.jpg
    Despite the slight hiccup that was letting them score, our strikers put the tie to bed ensuring progress to the next round. Two El Allouchi assists take him to 14 for the season, one off his season’s best achieved 2 seasons ago.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-eurocup-draw.jpg - Villareal it is then.

Aside from that rather painful Empoli result, another good month and, most importantly progression in the European Cup was made.

39. March 2037

We got away with one a bit there as Udinese simply didn’t put away their chances when they had the chance. What was looking like a pretty solid run at the top of the league, all of a sudden is starting to look a bit shaky. On another note, Aidy Boothroyd spends so much time watching my players, it’s a wonder he has the time to manage his own team.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-villareal-.jpg
    Baptista’s injury means that Conti and Marinov are the untested top 2. Although the formation stays the same, the team are instructed to take a more disciplined, structured approach to stifle the Villareal attack and, although not the intention, it appears to have paid off on the attacking front as well. Pavan picks up 2 assists and a well deserved MoM performance.

Despite a bit of a scare, El Allouchi’s set piece prowess comes to the fore as he scores 2 free-kicks. Poor Bologna are struggling at the wrong end of the table and this season may be the one they go down which would be a shame, since I got them promoted - and then legged it when a better opportunity came around…but we won’t talk about that bit.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-villareal-h.jpg
    That was far from the swashbuckling performance of the first leg but we were rather forced to ground out a result as they defended deep and in numbers. Only Bucchi’s 25 yard strike as the game came to a close lit up the proceedings.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-draw.jpg - by this stage in the competition, they’re all likely to be tough games, but we’ll have to be at our best to beat Chelsea, who I do not have a good record against.

Baptista has to come off the bench to rescue us a point in a game in which we were far from the better side.

The international break means a lot of players go away, including 22 year old CB Mauri who makes his debut for Argentina. His value is set to continue to rise and he’s already lookigng like becoming the natural successor for the 35 year old Saidi in the heart of the defence. Love seeing this kind of development.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-mauri-cap.jpg

40. April 2037

One expected goalscorer, one unexpected give us a comfortable victory over European place-chasing Atalanta.

Some players are spared for the upcoming crucial European Cup game against Chelsea, but it’s still a strong team. Both Bucchi and Marinov have the opportunity to add to their season’s total so far. It’s not until I start to panic and replace Bucchi with Baptista on the hour mark with the game goal-less, that the team starts to play. Marinov in particular, puts in a performance with a goal and very fine assist.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-chelsea-.jpg
    We couldn’t quite get the attacking part of the team right, but the defence was excellent stifling Chelsea and restricting them to no more than half chances and pot-shots from outside the box. 0-0 makes the home leg very difficult with the advantage that an away goal may bring though.

Games like this, especially between the two massive European games, are the reason you’re grateful that you’ve built up a bit of a cushion ahead of the chasing pack. We did enough to at least draw that, but caught on the counter towards the end as some attacking changes to try and grab the win rather backfired.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-chelsea-h.jpg
    Baptista is injured in the incident that led to the penalty and replaced by the 21 year old Bucchi who promptly dispatches the penalty and then scores a second to put us through - he’s now our top scorer in European competitions this season and proving to be a very valuable rotation option with the number of competitions we have been involved in.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cup-draw.jpg - the semi-finals are drawn.

In the end that was a comfortable win, but Napoli made us work hard for it particularly towards the end of the second half when they missed a number of good chances. The two strikers making the difference.

This would be a big enough game without it being first vs second in the league. All in all, the quality of the chances were pretty similar so a draw is probably a fair result. Marinov has starting putting his chances away in a manner that he wasn’t earlier in the year.

41. May 2037

That’s a lot of games to play this month.

Nava hasn’t scored many this season but he pops up here in the last couple of minutes to prevent what could have been a damaging defeat. Not as good as 3 points at a critical time in the season, but it will have to do.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-om-.jpg
    I cocked this up a bit, changing the starting formation to try and counter Marseille’s relative strength through the middle, although they scored after a very fine through ball. With the game wearing on, I went back to the 4-1-2-1-2 that we usually play with, brought on Baptista and his introduction paid dividends. A bit fortunate to escape with a draw and away goal after what was a tactical blunder on my part.

In the other Semi-Final, Spurs and Benfica play out a goal-less draw in Portugal.

That was painful viewing as we struggled to put two passes together for the whole game and it’s astonishing we managed to get the 2 goals that we did - even though Tomkovic’s header, his first for the club and a great time to score it, was a thing of beauty. That result seals Champions Cup football next season, but with 3 games left and 5 points clear, I’m optimistic we can go better than this.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-om-h.jpg
    Right….it’s the strongest possible team and back to what we know best. The centre-backs do the damage as they grab a goal a piece and Conti caps off the win with what was, in the end, a fairly comfortable victory.

We’ll be meeting Spurs in the final as the secured their place courtesy of a late goal surge against Benfica.

For once, the calender has been kind and given us plenty of time between European and league matches so a strong team can be selected to try and get Serie A won as soon as possible. They were so lucky to get a point out of that, we should have won convincingly but weren’t as clinical as we might have been - it’s getting a bit squeaky bum time as Roma continue to be relentless and close the gap at the top to just three points.

Spezia have already been relegated so this should be straightforward although our run of 4 consecutive draws doesn’t exactly inspire confidence…particularly at the business end of the season. It took El Allouchi to come off then bench to secure the victory, but we got there in the end - that was tense.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-eurocup-preview.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-spurs.jpg - I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-final-review.jpg

Having taken the lead twice, it’s gutting to lose that - especially conceding in injury time at the end of the second half. Our penalty taking ability left a lot to be desired as well…

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-de-marco.jpg - despite only playing 12 games, the young on loan CB has clearly impressed and looks like a bright prospect. He could be the natural successor for either the 35 year old Saidi, or 34 year old Santos in the next couple of seasons...if I'm still here.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-900-games.jpg

We only need a point away to Genoa as Roma in second have a much better goal difference and are likely to win their game aginst Pescara. Genoa themselves need points as they are currently sitting in the relegation zone and will be relegated unless they can get a result of some sort. It’s an edgy affair, but a solitary Marinov goal gives us the victory which we see out in a manner in the last 10 minutes which we should have employed in the European Cup Final.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-serie-win.jpg - can't complain about that!

In the end, Juventus were some way off the pace and it was left to Roma, who won their final 7 games in a row to hunt us down, which they very nearly did as our results were not great this month.

kolas79 likes this.

42. June 2037

A number of good things happen at the end of the season:

El Allouchi wins the Serie A player of the season and, unsurprisingly, is named in the team of the year and I win the manager of the season award.

GK Ozturk and RB Pinna place 3rd and 2nd respectively in their categories.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-players-awards.jpg - I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-season-review.jpg

Pinna’s 9 assists give him his most creative season and a good number of MoM awards. Al Allouchi’s quality is there for everyone to see and is the perfect player to have behind the two strikers - I just wish he was 23, not 33. Marinov named as signing of the season is a slight surprise as he was an expensive purchase, but hopefully that just goes to show that I got it right.

5 players in double figures for goals and 15 different goalscorers in the squad shows the quality in depth. Pavan has his joint best goalcoring season and adds assists to the mix as well. Neither Fattori or Pires contribute as many assists as I would have expected given their quality.

At the other end, Ozturk keeps 14 clean sheets and concedes the fewest of any keeper in the league. On the whole Lozano did a job when he came in as well.
    Of the youngsters, Bedoya is still getting used to his position and Bucchi, despite being mostly used a substitute, scored a good number of goals. Nava had plenty of opportunities, but I could do with him being more of an influence in that AMC role.

22 year old Mauri will become a first choice CB next season as he has made stark improvements. An Argentinian CB is usually a good commodity to have.

Cortesi, Ramirez, Pinna and Lozano have their contracts extended. Further thought is being given to Conti, on £150k a week at the age of 33 with a year left and automatic extension when he plays 10 games in his final year…which he surely will do.

Hopefully, it’s a quiet summer. I have no desire to sell any of the first team and there is not enough in the transfer budget at the moment to splash out on players that would improve it. A few players for the youth/reserve teams might be purchased.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-champs-league-history.jpg - for the 7th year in a row, the Champions League is won by an English team.

And then, the summer break takes something of an unexpected turn...

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-barca-approach.jpg

It’s a no-brainer

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-manager-history.jpg

kolas79 likes this.

43. Name:  barca logo.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  7.3 KB
    July 2037

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-barca-confirmation.jpg
    Mission accomplished - I have now managed in all of the groups which was the target at the start of this story. From tiny Grindavik in Iceland, to the huge outfit, that is Barcelona.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-expectations.jpg - which seems fair enough.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-squad.jpg - obviously, Barcelona have some star players. However, they have no youth prospects of any quality and there is potential for improvement in a lot of areas of the team….particularly the keepers.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-history.jpg - Real and Barca have alternated the league title for the last few years.In the Champions League, the club haven’t tasted success for 8 years and have been knocked out by PSG in the first round in both of the last two seasons.

The finances are eye-watering:
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-finances.jpg
    That’s £1bn in debt and approx £850m pounds last season and this, spent on ground maintenance…however, it is worth noting that the club will be moving to the Guardiola Stadium - 128,500 capacity - in 3 years time, so perhaps that figure is due to that.

We’re a bit short of youth in the striker area, so 21 year old Gonzalez is signed from Benfica for a record, for me, £40m.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-gonzalez-signing.jpg

Along with an additional CB, as the intention is to play with 3 centre-backs so experienced defender Rincon is signed on a short-term contract.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-rincon-signing.jpg

As the month continues, four players leave for a combined fee of £123m which leaves something in the budget for, probably wing backs, given how the friendlies are going.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-pot-formation.jpg
    The friendles, whilst clearly not against the best opposition, have allowed for some experimentation and the team looks like it’s finding its feet.
    kolas79 likes this.

44. August 2037

Another good back up signing for the team, who offers some very positive things going forward and will be pretty good for the attacking intent of the wingback role we employ.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-perling-signing.jpg

A final striker is signed in the shape of world class Brazilian striker Altair Flores. £4m is an absolute steal and helps to maintain, partly, the transfer budget. And that means we have a full roster of players and no more players are needed.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-flores-signing.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-friendlies.jpg - not the same standard of opposition we’ll face in the season, but good performances and lots of goals means we can head into it in high spirits.

Real San Sebastian
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-san-sebastian.jpg

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cl-draw.jpg - well they will make for some interesting fixtures.

Vallecano
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-vallecano.jpg

New signing Flores gets his Barcelona career off to a promising start with 2 goals from substitute appearances and Perlingeiro’s crossing ability, along with the way we play, should provide plenty of opportunities for him to get a good number of assists. Obviously early days and not the most challenging of opponents, but 2 wins bodes well.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league-table.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

45. September 2037

Athletic Bilbao
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-bilbao.jpg

Manchester United
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-man-utd.jpg
    Given we were under some serious pressure for the last half an hour, Sanchez’s towering header from the corner in injury time was something of a considerable relief. A very good result in probably the toughest group game we’ll play this year.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cl-table.jpg

Athletico Madrid
    It’s telling that their keeper was given the MoM award as he seemed to single-handedly keep us at bay, although our finishing left a bit to be desired at times with Ferreira the main culprit. It was a sloppy goal to concede as well.

Coruna
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-coruna.jpg
    Flores leads the way as the strikers all seem to be misfiring somewhat at the moment although Benali grabs his first of the season. A win that was more comfortable than the stats suggest.

Real Hispalis
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-real-hispalis.jpg
    Drake finally gets his season up and running after a change of role and getting the ball to him a bit quicker. Makengo in goal keeps a clean sheet in his first start of the season as well.

Celtic
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-celtic.jpg
    Barbosa’s brace of free-kicks is the perfect base for this convincing win, but it’s Pereyra’s 25 yard volleyed finish which steals the show - not bad for a centre-back.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cl2-table.jpg

It doesn’t appear that any one player wants to be prolific in the goalscoring stakes, so it’s a good job that they’re all contributing a bit. All 3 striker positions can be rotated, and that is going to happen.
    Benali’s started the season strongly contributing both goals and assists.

In the league, it already looks like we're opening a bit of a gap with Real Madrid to the rest of the league although they're scoring many more than us.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-table.jpg
    kolas79 likes this.

46. October 2037

Espanyol
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-espanyol.jpg
    Mas provides the bright spark in a rather dull, low quality affair. The benefit of playing left footed Mas in the left-hand slot of the three strikers pays off as he slots home nicely on his stronger foot.

Malaga
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-malaga.jpg
    An excellent result against a team currently sitting in fourth place. Most of the credit goes to Flores with 2 goals and an assist, who seems to be able to play the central striker role more effectively than Drake, despite being the inferior player.

PSV
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-psv.jpg
    Once again, the opposition keeper gets the MoM award but we were poor and unable to make the breakthrough handing PSV their first point of the competition.

Las Palmas
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-las-palmas.jpg
    Hardly the most convincing of displays and it’s an unlikely goalscorer as WBR Peric pops up in the box to guide a header into the bottom corner and another very valuable three points.

Sevilla
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-sevilla.jpg
    A move to 2 attacking strikers with one supporting, rather than 1 attacking and 2 supporting is employed, although it’s not quite clear whether this is the impetus for Drake’s two goals. Another fine win, Makengo’s fifth clean sheet in a row and Ferreira’s first goal of the season.

All of my strikers only be able to score in bursts, apart from Gonzalez who I’m still waiting to make his mark. Benali seems to the player who is pulling the strings in the middle of the front three, so long may this continue.
    9 wins in 10 is unheard of so far in my career and this has been some performance so far. My only concern is that the loss was to the only team we’ve faced with some real quality which isn’t a good sign.

kolas79 likes this.

47. November 2037

Atletico Pamplona
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-pamplona.jpg

A penalty and an own goal is the very definition of lucky…and that was lucky.

PSV
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-psv.jpg
    Another comfortable win with Drake coming to the fore again with another couple of goals. With still 2 games remaining, that win guarantees progression to the knockout stages which is nice.

Real Madrid
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-r-madrid.jpg
    First vs second and Real seem to the main competition for the league title this season. A very cagey affair which we just couldn’t get a foothold. Despite being reduced to 10 men early in the game, we couldn’t take advantage and succumbed to a sucker punch late on - a really poor performance and result.

Celta Vigo
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-celta-vigo.jpg

Another result in which we pushed our luck, but a very fine headed Bos goal secures the 3 points. The game is costly however, as both Mas and Bos find themselves injured for a month.

Manchester United
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-mn-utd.jpg
    Somewhat disappointing not to build on the early goal, but given that both teams had already qualified, there was little riding on that. We will need to improve if we want to go much further in the knockout stages though.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cl2.jpg

Granada
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-granada.jpg
    Despite their goal, that was a pretty comfortable win led by Drake. £40m signing Gonzalez seems to be struggling as I don’t seem to be able to get the best out of him, no matter where he plays.

The stats show good contributions from the strikers, but given I play with 3 of them, it should be that they get their fair share of them with Drake leading the way. As well as scoring plenty, Benali playing in the DLF support role means he is getting plenty of assists as well. Behind Benali, it’s not a surprise to see the wing-backs; Perlingeiro, Sanchez and Rodriguez feature as well, despite them not being the most naturally attacking fullbacks.
    There’s a bit of a cushion in the league thanks to Real failing to win their last game and there's a few more points even further back to Valencia.

TheBattman likes this.

48. just caught up, what a journey! be good to see you become the best in the world at barca

49. Quote Originally Posted by TheBattman View Post
    just caught up, what a journey! be good to see you become the best in the world at barca
    Cheers

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-mgr-hof.jpg

As you can see, I'm a long way from being the best...think it would take me forever to overhaul Pep at the top so I may just have to satisfy myself with a Champions League title before retirement!!

50. December 2037

A bit of a punt to the board to request additional transfer funds actually pays off as they increase the budget to £47m. There are a few players on the radar, with a goalkeeper and younger centre-backs probably somewhere near the top of the shopping list.

Monaco’s 22 year old Argentinian keeper Hernandez appears to fit the bill perfectly…but they’re in no mood to sell.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-hernandez-profile.jpg

Similarly, Bolado at Levante and Marques at Sporting also look as though they could come in to do a job although both clubs are asking for ridiculous amounts of money.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-bolado-profile.jpg / I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-marques-profile.jpg

Guadalajara (Spanish Cup - 4th Round, 1st Leg)
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-guadalajara.jpg

Guadalajara sit in the third tier of Spanish football, so a comfortable win was expected, but even so that was emphatic. Gonzalez finally makes an impact in a Barca shirt.

Valencia
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-valencia.jpg
    Mas is still injured and, despite his fine cup performance, Gonzalez is dropped for Flores who has proved himself in league games. It’s fair to say that didn’t go to plan at all - they capitalised on a defensive error, scored a wonderstrike and caught us on the counter to get their three goals but we were a long way from being good enough to get anything out of that.

Celtic
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-celtic.jpg
    Ferreira & Gonzales both get their chance as Drake needs a rest. Jovic also comes in for Flores in the midde of the park. We probably just about deserved that win, but we didn’t half make hard work of it.

Villareal
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-villareal.jpg
    Flores and Benali add to their season’s totals in a comfortable win that takes us back to the top of the table.

I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-cl-draw.jpg - we’ve avoided the biggest names, but there are some very big names that will be eliminated at the first round.

Guadalajara (Spanish Cup - 4th Round, 2nd Leg)
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-guad2nd-leg.jpg
    A comfortable first leg victory means progress is all but guaranteed, but this is a good opportunity to record another convincing win…although we fail miserably in this respect.

Almeria
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-almeria.jpg
    Benali is usually the creative force of the front 3, but he takes his goals with aplomb. Gonzalez FINALLY gets his league goal and Perlingeiro gets two assists courtesy of his fine crossing ability.

Gonzalez adds his name to the list of goalscorers and some strong performances from Drake are reflected with his goals scored. Benali contributes both assists and goals from the central supporting role of the three and looks like the perfect fit for that position.
    In the league, it’s not that much of a surprise to see us and Real stretch the league and break free - it looks as thought it could be a fight between the two of us…as it has been for the last 12 seasons.
    I started  out with nothing and I still got most of it left-league.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO