Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By issteo

The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday

1. The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday

After having individual saves and winning league titles with Dortmund, Chelsea, Celta Vigo, Juventus. I wanted to go back to home routes with Sheffied Wednesday and get back in the prem and survive.

So here goes:

Start of the season was a struggle, no formation would work, defence was leaking goals from all angles.
    The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-fixtureschampionship.png

I have the option before the game o have no transfers apart from loan and frees. After a few games in i needed to recruit a CB and a DM. I did this in Sylvan Distin, great shout and a Portugese lad, Flavio Ferreira.

I moved between 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 altered corners and throwings and started o get some result in the run up to Christmas.
    The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-formation.png

The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-fixtureschampionship2.png

The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-transferschamipnship.png

January transfers were productive, cleared out some deadwood and manage to get a good couple of recruits. Calum Paterson contract was due to expire and I was able to approach. I offered a buy now clause fee and was accepted. Great signing, added strength to the back line and throwing were very dangerous. Tom Ince was also productive out on the flank. Bagged a few goals to win some games to. The other 3 from Scotland played a big part in the second part of the season and I was lucky to have recruited them in.

The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-transferschamipnship3.pngThe Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-tablechampionship.png

After the big defeat to Norwich in which Gary Hooper punished us with 3 goal, I called a team meeting and fined a few players, From that, we had a great run of games without a loss and that put us in a play off position.
    After falling behind away to QPR, a home return saw Boyce become a hero a fired us into the final were Forrestieri grabbed the winner.

So after long nights on the couch and arguments with the misses abut going to bed, i was finally in the Prem!!!!!

Cash injection from promotion, and scouting began.

2. Summer transfers were surprisingly successful. One major fail was Mario Ballotelli agreed terms until Monaco came in with higher wages that i was not prepared to match.

The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-transferscprem.png

A tough start to the Prem life. Same formation used with focus onset pieces. Proving worthy at times. Big achievement so far is being in the EFL semi final, yet to play.

The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-fixturesprem.png

January nearly upon us, sales and buys to be done........

3. Not had the best run in the league but EFL cup win over Norwich has lead to securing a Europe place. Hopefully attract some new faces.
    Jonjo Shelvey was the only Jan newby, has been steady so far.

The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-fixtures.pngThe Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-jonjo.png

4. Looking good so far! Congrats on the EFL Cup win
    BenjiHep likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by issteo View Post
    Looking good so far! Congrats on the EFL Cup win
    Cheers Hope still survive relegation
    So annoyed Wednesday could make it to play of final for real though

6. Not a bad run towards the end of the season. 3 wins on bounce with 3 clean sheets, Pickford been in awesome form, penny saving beast to. Martinez also now racked up 17 goals in EPL.

The Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-fixtures.pngThe Rise Of Sheffield Wednesday-fixtures.png

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO