Like Tree14Likes

Teithio Cymru (Traveling Wales)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. This is going to be fun to follow - I particularly like the idea that when you do win it with TNS you're going to start again from scratch with another team!!
    dani3w likes this.

2. Chwarae teg mate. Making it look easy. What stage are the facilities up to now? Also, what became of Craig Harrison? (The guy you replaced at TNS).
    dani3w likes this.

3. Thanks a lot Edd1920

Domestically, yes we are yescomeon but still a long way to go in Europe. Training facilities are currently 'good' and youth facilities are currently 'average' but are going up again. Craig Harrison hasn't been hired since.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    TNS - Season Five Review - 2020/2021

This save on this computer is rapid, we're five seasons in already, mind you it helps we've only got one country and one division actually loaded and with just thirty two league games a year we're flying through it. We've had a very successful four years and look to continue that in season five. Aiming to hit those Champions League groups for a fourth year running, could we finally get some points there...

A busy summer, especially against the one last year and we spent money, its the way forward for this club now. With such low wages we can afford to begin to splash the cash so to speak. We ended up spending around two and a half million pounds over the season as we recruited seven new faces. Unfortunately on the otherside the big loss was Calvin Dobinson, he was in form last year but decided to join Wimbledon on a free (spoiler, a year in and he failed to play a single game for them).

And so onto the new faces, we strengthened (at least tried to strengthen) in every position on the pitch it'd seem, especially along that back line as we bought in four new defenders of the seven we signed. We also signed a new number one in Joe Busik whilst Nightingale and Clarke will hopefully help reinforce our midfield and attacking midfield.

I thought this was the year of the 'invincibles' as we just kept going unbeaten until January where we finally slipped up. We started the season very strong winning our first four league games whilst conceding just a single goal. We were much better this season despite the two defeats near the end of the season. And that should be enough for a fifth straight title in my reign,but how was the points tally, would it be better than last years personal record of seventy eight points.

It sure would, we beat last years points tally of seventy eight by four points as we picked up eighty two from a possible ninety six over the course of the season as we won twenty six of our thirty two matches, drawing four and losing out just twice winning the league by sixteen points over runners up Aberystwyth. Surprised to see Bala down in fifth. We also went on to set our new lowest goals conceded of twenty six, but finished ten goals short of beating the most we've scored in a season. No complaints though.

Again a terrible display in the Scottish League Challenge Cup, for the second season running we've cashed out in the first round we've entered as Queen of South beat us one nil in the Fourth Round.

The only domestic cup competition I've not lost yet, the Nathaniel MG Cup and that run continued, just as we squeezed past two non league sides on penalties in the second and third rounds, luck was on our side. We improved in the Semi Finals and Final to win three nil and two nil to lift it for a fifth year running.

Back to back JD Welsh Cups again now and the fourth time we've lifted it in five seasons as we ran quietly and easily through the competition conceding just two goals. They were in our first game as we beat Barry four two. Then going on to win three nil, four nil, two nil and finally dispatching Bala one nil with an eighty eighth minute header from defender Butcher to see us lift the trophy again.

The best we've done in Europe to date. Not only did we reach the group stages for a fourth year running, not only did we pick up some group points for the first season ever, but we made it out the group, well, kind of, we dropped into the Europa League. A good unbeaten run in the qualifiers saw us beat Stjarnan four three on aggregate, Kukesi four nil on aggregate then Azerbijan side Qarabag three two on aggregate to get to the groups. We played 'contained' football against all three teams and came off narrowly on the wrong side of a few scorelines, but beating PSV at home and drawing one all away saw us beat them to third. Unfortunately in the Europa League First Knockout Round Shakhtar, as expected had to much for us, beating us seven one on aggregate.

Look at those finances! Five seasons ago we had just under three hundred thousand pounds in our bank balance, now we sit on twenty five million pounds! Unreal what European football can do to such a small club. We did hit around the thirty million pound mark before the youth and training facilities underwent another upgrade and I spent a bit of money on a couple of new faces. Over eleven million pounds to spend on transfers whilst also have a spare wage budget of two hundred thousand pounds!

So the squad, abilities, potential ratings and stats for the season. As you can see Bursik has become my new number one and this season kept twenty three clean sheets, a new club record. We have so much strength and potential strength in our squad throughout the whole team. The likes of Sam Evans, Tom Donegan and Bradley Reid will leave this summer on a free whilst I bring in new faces to replace them, we have such a young side which I'm excited to see grow if we can keep them happy.

Finally, take a look at these three players, they came through our youth intakes over the last couple seasons and are huge prospects for the future should we be able to keep them tied down and in this league I will definitely be giving them game time this season coming. Simon Ford, Lucas Maguire and Steve Hargreaves all came through this year and have already had bids from the likes of West Ham and Everton.

Next Post: TNS - Season Six Review - 2021/2022

4. __________________________________________________ _____________________
    TNS - Season Six Review - 2021/2022

Season six has come to an end already and as always the aim is the same, try and dominate the domestic season, like we have been doing but to focus on maintaining our European efforts of reaching the group stage and who knows, progressing with them eventually. Lets see how another season unfolded over the last ten months.

Not too busy on the transfer front, especially with us bringing in new faces, just two players joined this summer and they have become what i believe is our all time most expensive single transfers. Benjamin Taylor joins from Southampton for nine hundred thousand, potentially rising to one million whilst Craig Baxter joined for the same fee. Elsewhere no money came in. We did bring Shane Long in on a trial but before it expired he retired so couldn't offer him a deal. Agutter joined Carmarthen on loan for the season.

How good do these two players look, especially for a side playing in Wales. Benjamin Taylor, just twenty one years old is very promising in the attacking midfield area but is unhappy as he wants to move back to a bigger side already. I'm hoping I can keep him for a couple more seasons, he is tied down until the end of next season. Whilst Craig Baxter is a superb striker and has great physical stats to. Already capped four times by the under twenty ones whilst Taylor is capped twice at full level.

So close to becoming the 'invincibles', a step closer than last season too as we finished with just one defeat all season, a narrow three two defeat against Port Talbot. We are starting to run riot against most of these teams now. Bangor potentially becoming a bogey side for us as we drew two of our three league head to heads with them this season.

Another new points tally for us, I believe that is three seasons running now as we improve from eighty four points last season to eighty five this season, dropping just eleven points over the course of the full season with four draws and one defeat. We comfortably won the league title for a sixth year running, by thirty three points over surprising second place Barry. Bala are really off the early pace they were showing now.

Finally we have regained the Scottish League Challenge cup and its the third time in six seasons we've lifted the trophy now. A relatively easy run through the competition this year. We beat Airdrie one nil at home before beating Falkirk on penalties in Scotland. Dispatched Celtic under twentys two nil before smashing Raith six two in the Final.

Still not lost this trophy during my reign as we make it six in six years with a straight forward trophy win. Aberystwyth the only side coming close to beating us as we won three two, we then beat Bala, Llandudno and Barry three nil in the third round, Semi Final and Final respectively.

But it wasn't to be the clean sweep domestically, which I think we've only completed once in six years now. The JD Welsh Cup will avoid us for a second season in the last four I believe as we miss out on penalties against Aberystwyth in the Quarter Finals on penalties.

Group stages again, we had a straight forward run through to them, still not facing any 'big' teams in the qualifiers so we are able to get this far again. We beat Murata seven nil on aggregate, Astra four one and aggregate and then SJK five three on aggregate to get into a group of Juventus, Besiktas and Liverpool. Unfortunately we finished with just three points. We deserved at least a point away at Besiktas and somehow smashed them out the park, six nil at home.

Not a huge gain this year financially because of the summer spending and then the training and youth facilities going up once again. Soon they'll hopefully be state of the art facilities and we'll be really proving to be a force within Europe. Twenty six million pounds in our balance which had hit over thirty five million I believe. A transfer budget this summer of fifteen million with a wage budget of over three hundred thousand pounds!

And everything you need to know about the squad this season. Our young, sixteen year old keeper Steve Harper was our number one most of the season, conceding the least in the league and keeping the most clean sheets, a superb effort, he even claimed an assist. Elsewhere Maguire made twelve appearances and Ford made seventeen, getting the youth in early. You can see how the majority of our squad are under twenty with bright futures. Once again I'll review the squad and sort the outgoings over the summer. What a first season here for Craig Baxter though, forty four goals in thirty eight games across all competitions.

Next Post: TNS - Season Seven Review - 2022/2023
    naterr likes this.

5. __________________________________________________ _____________________
    TNS - Season Seven Review - 2022/2023

I can't believe we're seven seasons into this save already, flying through and I see no chance of this save stopping anytime soon, not on my behalf anyway. With the young but talented squad we've put together now I'm fully expecting us to continue to dominate over the years and probably even more so than we have been to date. We're the only team in the league with this sort of money at our disposal and now easily boasting the best facilities in the country.

So lets start with transfers and well, it was quiet. In fact I didn't bring any new faces in during the summer and only Callum Gribbin joined at that was at the end of the current season so he is yet to play for us, but a bargain on a free transfer. Elsewhere, former number one Daniel Lavercombe joined Middlesbrough in a five thousand pounds switch. January just gone saw me reject some huge transfer offers, up to £5million for Steve Hargreaves our 17 year old number one as well as over £2.5million for both Cai Jones and Craig Baxter. But we're not a selling club right now, we're here to sign the best to improve them.

Callum Gribben was a former Manchester United youth who was let go and found himself clubless. Now its a bit of a punt bringing him in but the midfielder looks quality stats wise and will definitely fit into my rotational midfield. His wage is quite big, as a few of them are getting now but hopefully hes worth it.

INVINCIBLES! Nearly the perfect season, nearly! Just two results all season where we dropped points and annoyingly both were at home. We started the season emphatically with a three nil win over Bala which was followed up with a sensational ten nil win over Cefn Druids and then eight nil one over Carmarthen, I was hoping we'd keep those sort of results going through the season but we let up a little. However still recorded some stunning results in the likes of a couple six one victories, a six two, six nil and a couple five ones showing how far we've come over the last couple years.

Not only my biggest points haul but the clubs record points tally in the league of ninety two from a possible ninety six points. And our best season defensively conceding just fifteen goals whilst at the other end we found the net one hundred and eight times. Ran away with the competition winning in at the end of January and finishing twenty eight points clear of second place Bala.

Back to back Challenge Cup titles again and we ran riot through the competition, scoring for fun in all four rounds we played in. We faced all our games away from home, beating Stirling four one with Luke Evans netting a hatrick. Berwick four nil with Baxter netting a brace, Evans also on target. The Semi Final saw us face Glentoran and win four one with four different scorers. And in the Final we beat Falkirk five one with attacking midfielder Nightingale hitting a brace.

Seven seasons in and seven straight Nathaniel MG Cup titles for myself, just like the league we've not lost this year. Three nil win over Afan Lido in the second round followed up by a big five one victory over Aberystwyth in the Third Round. We then beat Bangor City three nil in the Semi Final and Connah's Quay four one in the Final.

And the perfect season domestically was secured when we clinched the JD Welsh Cup and i think only the second time we've taken all four domestic trophies in a season. We came close to being knocked out a couple times here. Narrowly avoiding defeat against Cefn Druids to beat them two one. We then required extra time to knock out Aberystwyth, five four in the end, a nine goal thriller. Bala were much easier in the Quarter Finals as we won four one before beating Barry two nil in the Semi Finals. Again the Final was against Connah's Quay who we beat two one. Dynamic duo Evans and Baxter on the scoresheet.

What a season in Europe! By far the best we've done to date! Its almost a 'formality' now that we get to the group stage and we faced the likes of Maribor and Ludogorets to get there. Originally beating FH eight one on aggregate in the second qualifying Round. Maribor fell to us, six one on aggregate before we overturned a one nil home defeat against Ludogorets to win four nil away to book our place in the group stage. Another tough group, as expected, we played out a nine goal thriller against Bayern but lost six three. Beat Basel at home four three. Only other noticeable result was the nil nil away at Basel to see us finish third.

Into the Europa League knockout rounds we went and we didn't back down, we played two thrilling head to head ties with FC Kobenhaven and came out nine seven winners on aggregate as we won three two at home before a bizar six five away win. The Second Knockout Round against Real San ... wasn't quite as entertaining, we drew one all away and that proved vital as a nil nil home result saw us advance on away goal. Unfortunately Monaco in the Quarter Finals was always going to be a hurdle too far, we blew a two one lead with ten minutes to go to lose three two at home before losing five one in France.

Again the finances haven't 'jumped' like we have seen over the first few years but we are continuously upgrading our youth and training facilities as well as our youth coaching so making improvements all the time, this saw our balance cut from over thirty five million to twenty seven million come the end of the year. Over sixteen million pounds at my disposal for the transfer window and a wage budget spare of two hundred and thirty thousand pounds still.

To finish things off a quick look at the squad that finishes the 2022/2023 campaign. It was only seventeen year old goalkeeper Steve Hargreaves that played every minute this year as he featured in all sixty three matches, the mans quality. Defensively we had a good year the likes of Roux and Rhodes rotating. All the centre backs were rotated to ensure they got 'some' minutes over the season. Same with our midfielders. Ryan Brobbel once again had a good year with ten goals and eleven assist in his twenty three starts. Paul Nightingale had a great year, twenty three goals and twenty one assist in fifty seven games. Luke Evans thirty five goals and twenty two assist in fifty four games - And named Welsh player of the year, first person to take it away from Gareth Bale. Whilst my main man Craig Baxtter scored fifty five goals and assisted thirty two in his fifty nine appearances this year. He is now on ninety nine goals in ninety nine games in all competitions for the club.

Next Post: TNS - Season Eight Review - 2023/2024
    Last edited by dani3w; 1 Day Ago at 08:44 AM.
    yescomeon likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12