Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

1. Watch the next update....

2. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 242
Size:  16.1 KBName:  Superligalogo3.png
Views: 407
Size:  11.8 KB

August

Our first month in the top flight was a dream. Undefeated! Can we carry that on into the month of August? Well looking at the fixture list, probably not.

Superliga: Middelfart vs Sonderjyske
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 13.37.51.png
Size:  44.1 KB

The end commentary was accurate. A forgettable draw. We looked solid and frustrated them early on leading to the red card. I thought with the extra man, lets go after them and get the win. Just not enough quality. Our luck may have dried up.

Superliga: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 13.59.27.png
Size:  93.9 KB

After conceding a daft penalty I was pleasantly surprised when Beciri followed up on Riel's first shot to equalise. Into the second half we were solid and a mistake from their defence saw Riel pop in a long range effort. CONTAIN!! We set up shop and as it entered the last 10 minutes the lucky sods scored. I say lucky, they were bombing us with crosses so it's probably fair that one resulted in a goal. A credible draw nonetheless against a team we were meant to be trounced by.

Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Copenhagen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 14.18.24.png
Size:  57.1 KB

The best in Denmark versus FC Copenhagen. I joke of course. We had no chance at all in this game and their quality just overwhelmed us. Djurdevic actually scored another hat trick in the next game as well! He is on fire.

Superliga: AAB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 15.04.50.png
Views: 241
Size:  58.3 KB
    Another away trip and this time against another side that will be in the top half come the end of the season. Our formation of 5-3-2 seems to be working in the first half but after that it goes out the window. It happened again in this game as it took a 5 minute purple patch for AAB to score twice and put the game to bed.

Monthly Review:
    A very tough month where we were only able to pick up 2 points from a possible 12. We have plummeted down the table and now sit in 12th.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 14.51.46.png
Size:  231.4 KB

The coming month is still going to be as hard as ever but hopefully we can steal some more points. 23 points to secure safety I hope!

Player of the Month:
    A different sort of challenge this month which has seen our players struggle at points. The stand out performer was Ostergaard in defence. He was resolute as possible and I can't help but think that if he had better team mates in the centre back position, we would concede less.
    ninjaskill and ReidLFC like this.

3. Hmm... I'm still amazed you dropped THAT far in the table. Still - game in hand, plenty of time left...

4. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Hmm... I'm still amazed you dropped THAT far in the table. Still - game in hand, plenty of time left...
    At least you're optimistic! I am too to be fair, didn't expect to pick up as many points so far so all good. Would love it if we could stay up!

5. Good luck staying up even if you do it by the skin of your teeth, liking the story, makes a change to see one of the lesser leagues in Europe being played.
    ManicBadja likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Good luck staying up even if you do it by the skin of your teeth, liking the story, makes a change to see one of the lesser leagues in Europe being played.
    It will be really tough indeed. Thanks, I had no idea how much I would enjoy this little save

7. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 206
Views: 372

September
    With the slide down the table I have taken a personal day to reflect on the current situation.
    I have taken a walk down to my new favourite place in Middelfart. A traditional bakery.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	brod-pontcanna.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1122263
    Every time I walk home from the stadium I can still smell the fresh pastries. Unsurprisingly I have been a regular customer here, and thanks to my stardom in the little town of Middelfart, I get a lot of free samples. I have invited my assistant manager along to talk things through, he is already seated and halfway through his food when I arrive.

Hein: Rasmus, I need to talk to you about this season. I am very worried. We have had a great start but I think we have been very lucky. We are only drawing game and whenever we want to attack we look far too vulnerable at the back

Rasmus: I know boss, the honest view of the squad is that we lack the quality. We need better players.

Hein: Yes, I know that but we simply haven't got the money. I can't afford to pay the wages as we are already spending £3k over the budget a week. On top of that we haven't got the reputation to make players want to play for us.

Rasmus: It's tough boss, we can only try our best to keep the lads focused and look to get a few wins together.

Hein: I hope so Rasmus, things need to improve. Between you and me, I am considering a move to a bigger club. I have had a call from both Brondby and another team I can't pronounce. These are serious teams, serious chances for me to improve.

Rasmus: Shit man, are you sure? Think of everything you have built here. The stadium will be finished before long and the fans love you here. Imagine if we could stay up, that would prove your worth. You are still young and we need you here.

Hein: You are right, I will stay here for now. The fans have been great, I just hope they stick by us when results don't go as well as they have been.

Time for me to head off to the office to prepare for our big games.

Superliga: Randers FC vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 22.25.23.png
Views: 208
Size:  182.0 KB

First game up against fellow strugglers Randers. A good start through a fortunate on goal. We held on for so long, collecting many a yellow card. Just to be kicked in the cock 3 minutes from time. 1 point to the tally but it felt like we should have had 3.

Danish Cup 2nd Round: Kjellerup vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 13.06.39.png
Views: 211
Size:  80.0 KB

Up against former Division Two opposition, this should be easy. Easier said than done as we got the lead but couldn't see it out. Story of the season really, Gertsen scores a leveller and we need our brilliant captain to score the winner in extra time. Having recently returned to the squad after a long injury I am glad to see Vaerum up and running again.

Superliga: Middelfart vs Esbjerg FB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 13.33.25.png
Views: 212
Size:  149.4 KB

A chance to pick up three points against struggling Esbjerg. Vaerum scores again via the penalty spot. The rest of the action happened in the first half including an equaliser and a missed penalty. 1 more point.

Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Midtjylland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 13.48.48.png
Views: 209
Size:  59.7 KB

Home game against the team that wanted to employ me if rumours were believed to be true. Skipper Vaerum scores his third in three games. We just can't keep a lead, Midtjylland overpower us for the rest of the game and end up with the spoils.

Superliga: Middelfart vs Hobro
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 13.58.33.png
Size:  50.6 KB

Back to back games at home. Hobro have been doing really well and find themselves in third place. 2-0 down we went for it, all out attack and managed to pull one back. Not enough though.

Superliga: Brondby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 14.11.02.png
Size:  45.0 KB

Brondby have been really underwhelming this season. They are managerless and are only one point ahead of us. We can win this. An early goal forced us to attack and then the game burst to life 70th minute, Sorensen scores for us before Holst retakes the lead. And then in bizarre fashion we level things again a minute later.

Monthly Review:
    Things have really slowed down for us this month. We progress in the cup and pick up a couple of points but mainly we have been losing.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 14.11.40.png
Views: 207
Size:  229.0 KB

The table is taking shape now and I expect that top will stay the same.

Player of the month: Got to be Vaerum, 3 goals in 3 games in a row and the man is on fire!
    ninjaskill and kolas79 like this.

8. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 373
    October
    Not the best September as we could have got a few more points if it wasn't for conceding late on. October calls for us to really focus on getting as many points as possible.

Superliga: Middelfart vs Lyngby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 14.43.42.png
Views: 210
Size:  82.9 KB

Lyngby are only a few points above us, despite this they pulled our pants down and aimed for maximal penetration. Ramkilde with 4. Just complete shite.

Superliga: Middelfart vs OB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 15.01.07.png
Size:  199.1 KB

We face up against our former parent club yet again, this time at home. Raben has been after some more gametime and looked good scoring early on. Beciri added our second after OB drew level. We lost the lead again and we unable to get back in front.

Superliga: AC Horsens vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 15.10.06.png
Size:  42.4 KB

Shite. Poop. Faeces. Crap. Losing against bottom of the table is not ok. Yet another lead we have lost and this time we didn't even get a point.

Danish Cup Round 3: VSK Aarhus vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 15.24.43.png
Size:  44.9 KB

Finally some good news. A comfortable, expected win against a lower league team. Raben gets a double and may just earn a starting place next to Riel. Still unhappy that we concede so late on.

Monthly review:
    Not too bad of a month although slightly more disappointing that we dropped points from winning positions. And the less said about the Lyngby game the better.

Player of the Month: Mads Raben was kicking off about his playing time and fair play to the lad, he has scored when he got the chance.

9. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 193
Views: 357

November
    After a bit of a dry spell terms of points, we really could do with a bit of a winning run.

Superliga: Middelfart vs AGF

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 19.14.34.png
Views: 196
Size:  131.2 KB

It was a real possibility for 3 points before kick off. AGF have been underperforming and we nearly had them last time. It didn't work out that way at all. Disappointing loss.

Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 19.33.40.png
Size:  91.2 KB

A chance to upset the applecart. Ruiz has been playing out of his skin this season and opened the scoring. Raben pulled one back for us but they were already 2-0 up. Chasing the game, we just didn't have the quality.

Superliga: Sonderjyske vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 19.59.54.png
Views: 195
Size:  57.1 KB

We looked like we could have stolen a point or 3 here, until Ostergaard gets his second yellow and with a man down we conceded late on. This is grim.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 20.05.15.png
Views: 197
Size:  52.2 KB

The only positive that came from this month is the fact I got my second qualification in the bag.

Monthly Review: Shit. We are bottom. Need a win.

Player of the month: No one. Everyone is shit.

10. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 192
Views: 357

December
    If possible, we would love to pick up some points as a Christmas present. My mood is quite sullen with all these losses and the dark, early nights. We need some positivity, I called a team meeting to try rally the lads.

Superliga: FC Copenhagen vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 20.39.04.png
Size:  56.1 KB

We did not expect to get anything from this game so we just went all out attack. Jensen gets his first goal for the season. Djurdjevic then went on to score another hat trick against us. A couple more goals from them completed the drubbing as the only 2 positives were Vaerum scoring another goal and Radza saving a penalty.

Superliga: Esbjerg FB vs Middelfart

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 20.53.41.png
Size:  70.6 KB

Trying to attack again, scoring early through Boesen. They replied before Boesen put another one in the net, just the wrong one. 2 more goals for Esbjerg saw us slope but skipper Vaerum kept fighting on.

Superliga: Middelfart vs AAB

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 21.04.05.png
Size:  64.9 KB

Early finish, Sylvestr scores in the first couple of minutes and we were chasing the game all the way.

Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers FC
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 21.14.59.png
Size:  89.5 KB

Last game of this year. Randers are mid table but we just can't buy a win. I thought we got a point from Nielsen's equaliser but it wasn't to be, even against 10 men.

Monthly Review: See November.

Player of the Month: Despite not winning any game, the stand out player is our skipper Vaerum, he just won't quit. Just hope this attitude rubs off on others.

11. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 297
Views: 466

February/March
    The winter break is over along with our horrendous losing run, I hope. For the first time ever I had to choose a mid-season training camp location and mid February we all jumped on a plane to sunny Spain for 10 days. Now usually 10 days in Spain would mean drinking all sorts for as long as possible, go on boat parties and all the usual debauchery. Not this time, we ran the boys ragged with high intensity fitness drills and worked extra hard on some defensive match situations. After they returned we only had one friendly organised as other teams were far too busy or didn't believe they would gain anything from playing a team of our stature. Cheeky bastards.

Our friendly was up against Copenhagen. I was buzzing as we drew 1-1 after Cornelius opened for them, then I realised we actually played their second team. Perhaps we have found our level?

Superliga: FC Midtjylland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 19.46.49.png
Views: 298
Size:  61.3 KB

Like a brick wall, no one can get through. Unless it's in the last 10 minutes of the game and your team is level with ours, then you are allowed to take all 3 points. Heartbreak.

Superliga: Hobro vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 20.15.03.png
Size:  54.7 KB

AARRGHH! We just can't get a break. We played so well considering these guys are 3rd in the league. We held them out and actually created more chances. Just not enough.

Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 20.25.18.png
Views: 294
Size:  103.5 KB

Brondby have not recovered from their poor start and are just 1 place above us, with double our points tally. We need a win desperately. We just didn't turn up. Two soft goals sealed it for them. Ughh.

Danish Cup 4th Round: Middelfart vs AAB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 20.37.08.png
Views: 296
Size:  96.7 KB

EHHHH!!! Where did that come from? I did not change tactics or approach from what we were doing in the last 3 games but something just clicked. We blew away our Superliga compatriots as Riel bagged a brace to add a goal to his name finally! Casper Vaerum rubbed more salt in the wounds of AAB by scoring a 20 yard screamer just before the final whistle! Well done lads!

Superliga: Lyngby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 20.53.54.png
Size:  107.1 KB

Back down to earth with a bang. We named a side slightly changed due to fatigue but it was always going to be a big ask given these lot are in 5th place and we haven't won a game in, I can't remember how long.

Monthly Review: A for effort. We fought hard but came up short too may times. A wonderful win in the cup lifts moods a tad, but we best look ahead at playing in the First Division next year.

Player of the Month: Casper Radza. Our keeper has been colossal at times this year and this month was a testament to his ability, very few goals conceded and some great saves.

This downward spiral has led me to develop a wandering eye. In the past few months, my name has been linked with vacancies all over the place. I have shunned them all, until this one. OB, our former parent club, is actually a very good club. They have the history, fans and more importantly the quality to compete. I put my name into the hat, just to see.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 22.00.17.png
Views: 295
Size:  71.0 KB

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Middelfart - let's not follow through-screen-shot-2017-07-23-20.06.48.png  

12. Oof... didn't count while reading, but that must be the best part of 10 losses in a row in the league...

13. Yeah man, not good. We are breaking all the wrong sort of records.

14. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 259
Views: 431
    The run in

I wanted to leave the club, I couldn't take the losses anymore and the grass looked greener. I spoke to the OB Chairman privately and even got and interview. The press have been hounding me and the OB fans were excited by my name potentially going to the club.

I suited up, got myself ready and drove the 45 minutes to Odense. All the way thinking about my interview. I got to the stadium, it was huge. This is a massive change for me. I got all the way to the Chairman's office, reached out to open the door. He welcomed me in and asked me to sit, I couldn't feel my legs, all I could hear was my heartbeat in my ears.

Niels Thorborg (Odense Chairman): Great to have you here Hein. Look I will cut to the chase, we are in trouble and we like what you have done over in Middelfart. We want to offer you the job here. What do you say?

It took me a good moment to compose myself before I finally spoke.

Me: This has been an immense opportunity for myself personally. I would firstly like to thank you for your time and then also apologise for what may seem like wasting it. I am not able to take up this position just yet. I have only been at Middelfart for 3 seasons now and I love it. Perhaps we will have this conversation again in a few more years time but until then thanks but no thanks.

As I drove back home I felt happy and justified in my decision. I can't bail on these guys, how could I after we flew up to the top division?

So back to it then! Up the farts!

This is it. The last few games to try and save what has been a very tough season. Relegation is looming but who knows, we may have a way out.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 09.32.41.png
Views: 263
Size:  246.0 KB

We have been entered into the Superliga Relegation Stage Group A. I don't know how it works but even if we win every single game, we still won't leapfrog anyone.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 09.32.59.png
Views: 260
Size:  65.0 KB

Superliga Relegation Stage: Middelfart vs AC Horsens

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 09.50.56.png
Views: 262
Size:  142.6 KB

The fact that we are in the scrap seems to have struck a chord with some players. We were 1-0 and then Riel went balistic. Scoring all 3 of our goals and even getting us the lead. Lucky bastards scored an equaliser in the last second though so there goes the 3 points.

Danish Cup Quarter Final: Middelfart vs Lyngby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 10.11.50.png
Views: 264
Size:  65.2 KB

You know those teams you really dislike for no particular reason? Well Lyngby is that team for me. They always spoil our fun. They beat us easily here to stop our fun cup run. Ah well.

Superliga Relegation Stage: Hobro vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 10.30.06.png
Size:  86.9 KB

Lost again. Standard news really.

Superliga Relegation Stage: Middelfart vs Brondby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 10.57.35.png
Views: 265
Size:  68.7 KB

Held out for long and then conceded.

Superliga Relegation Stage: AC Horsens vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 11.36.35.png
Views: 266
Size:  50.3 KB

They managed to score 3 again, we didn't.

Superliga Relegation Stage: Middelfart vs Hobro
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 12.27.04.png
Views: 262
Size:  70.5 KB

I am in agony here. Whatever we try just does not work.

Superliga Relegation Stage: Brondby vs Middelfart

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 12.43.50.png
Views: 261
Size:  218.4 KB

We had the lead! We tried so hard but in the end there was no contest.

I thought that was it, relegation confirmed but the Danes like to keep things interesting. We apparently now go into a playoff against the other bottom sides in the Relegation Stages. We are now face Esbjerg over 2 legs.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 14.14.49.png
Views: 261
Size:  136.8 KB

In an unlikely turn of events, we fought back as hard as possible but came up short. At least we scored a couple.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 14.14.32.png
Views: 259
Size:  152.4 KB

Just too strong in the end. This is it relegation is here. Oh wait, no we have one more playoff. 2 legs against Sonderjyske.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 14.54.23.png
Views: 265
Size:  110.9 KB

STOP THE PRESS!!! WE BLOODY WON!!!! Absolute scenes at the Vejle Stadion as we score 2 goals in 2 minutes late on to secure a victory!

Final day relegation final

Welcome to Sydbank Park, it is a wet day here as we bring you the fight for survival. With 'Eye of the Tiger' blaring through the speakers let's head down to the game.

Kick off! Here we go, Middelfart have a slim 1 goal lead on aggregate. Can they hold on to stay safe?
    7 Minutes: Jakobsen is trough here, GOOOALLL!! He slots the ball into the top corner and Radza is beaten. Sonderjyske have pulled level on aggregate and Middelfart need to score.

45 Minutes: PENALTY!! Raben is tripped in the box. Vaerum steps up to take the penalty. SAVE! Oh no he has hit it right at the keeper.

Half time: Sonderjyske 1-0 Middelfart. (2-2 on aggregate)

57 Minutes: Out wide with Nielsen on the left wing, he has bombed forward form full back, he whips in a low cross. Deflected of the defender, it falls to Raben! GOOOALLL! They are back in it! Middelfart are leading on aggregate!

82 Minutes: Jakobsen is through again! He is one on one with the keeper, he has lobbed him! GOAL! Sonderjyske scores his second goal and they have drawn level on aggregate!

Full Time: It's going to extra time here!

120 Minutes: It is all but over here, it looks like we are going to penalties! Oh wait, a long ball through, into the box. PENALTY!! Another rash challenges sees the referee point to the spot. Jonsson has the chance to win it here for Sonderjyske. He steps up, GOAL! He wheels away in jubilation! He has surely won it for them! Heart break fro Middelfart!

FULL TIME!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 15.14.50.png
Views: 266
Size:  127.8 KB

Actually gutted. We came so damn close and I am sure we would have won on penalties!
    Saying that it would have been pretty shit for Sonderjyske to get relegated given that they had double our points tally.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 15.15.54.png
Size:  65.4 KB

It may have been obvious for a while but it is now confirmed. Back to the First Division we go and the rebuild starts now!

15. Gutted for you mate, great story love the way it's set out. I'm very aware this will be little consolation but it does add an element of realism to the story, an alternative to constant success is far more compelling to read. Ultimately however when you do eventually crack it, it will be all the more sweeter.

16. Heartbreaking mate, really feel the passion in this story. You will bounce right back and take the league by storm.

17. Quote Originally Posted by WWred View Post
    Gutted for you mate, great story love the way it's set out. I'm very aware this will be little consolation but it does add an element of realism to the story, an alternative to constant success is far more compelling to read. Ultimately however when you do eventually crack it, it will be all the more sweeter.
    Thanks buddy, yeah it is really tough to take but I am a tad more upbeat. Gives me chance to establish the club a bit more in the background. Get the facilities improved bring in the right players and staff, then we will thrive.

18. Quote Originally Posted by CoachLee View Post
    Heartbreaking mate, really feel the passion in this story. You will bounce right back and take the league by storm.
    I am genuinely gutted, definitely one of my lowest moments but I feel like it gives us chance to come back stronger!

19. Name:  Ekstra_Bladet_logo.png
Size:  4.2 KB

Middelfart prepare for the First Division
    After a somewhat disappointing, yet expected, season in the top flight, heroic Middelfart have been crashed back down to reality. The underdog story came to a grinding halt after just one win in the Superliga.

It was clear to see the gulf in class between the sides Middefart were playing and it was difficult for fans to see their team lose so many games.
    Despite this their young manager, Hein van der Westhuizen has been rather optimistic in recent weeks. Speaking to Ekstra Bladet he said the following:

"The new season is just around the corner and we can't wait to get started. We have learned a lot from our stint in the top flight and everyone at the club is working hard to make the next spell more fruitful."

"We have a newly expanded stadium, work beginning on facilities here so the whole place is buzzing. The board and management are looking closely at how we can better prepare the club for life in the top flight. Whether that is getting the right players, coaches or stabilising the finances. We are very ready to get started"

Big changes seem afoot at Middelfat Boldklub, with fans hoping that the club will bounce right back into the Superliga.
    kolas79 likes this.

20. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Size:  16.1 KBName:  Bet25_Liga_2015.svg.png
Size:  10.5 KB

Summer
    In the style of Bruce Buffer "IT IS TIIMMMEEE!!" The new season is almost here and in the summer months we will be whipping the lads into shape with a pre-season training camp in the south of Germany. No beer or schnitzel though! All about fitness and getting up to speed for the new season.

I call a team meeting to discuss the ambitions for the new season.
    "Look lads, I know we are all disappointed with last season but we have the quality in the squad to get into the playoff places this year and get back up to the Superliga"

The response I got was so underwhelming it was as if I had just asked to go through each and everyone of their WAGs without stopping. Jesus lads, what's up? Skipper Vaerum told me that the lads are just so low on confidence they don't feel like a top 6 finish is possible.

Absolute tosh. We will get promoted.

In other news, we have had some work done in and around the club.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 22.22.45.png
Size:  75.8 KB

We more than double our capacity thanks to some new seats and we also have undersoil heating.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 22.24.27.png
Views: 209
Size:  50.4 KB

I have also started my National A license as I look to improve my coaching capabilities.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 22.59.14.png
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 00.20.46.png

I have also twisted the chairman's arm and we have been granted permission to upgrade both the training and youth facilities.

The season opening friendlies were all about fitness, rotation and team cohesion. 3 games = 3 wins.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 16.08.57.png
Size:  70.7 KB

The major problem are this year and last year was finances. We are spending way too much on wages and with me trying to get rid of some of the higher earners, I have caused some unrest in the squad.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 16.09.14.png
Size:  89.9 KB

I need to sort this shit out and get our finances on track.
    In terms of transfer activity, options are limited due to finances but I also think the squad is good enough with some really good players across the squad.
    ninjaskill, naterr and kolas79 like this.

21. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 275
Views: 272
    August
    Our road back to the top flight of Danish football is here. The lads still lack ambition and it has been tough to get them motivated. I think after we win a few games, their confidence will build and we can push on.

First Division: Frem vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 21.00.15.png
Views: 273
Size:  36.8 KB

Our curtain raiser at the end of July sore a bore 0-0 draw.

First Division: Middelfart vs Ringkobing IF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 21.22.00.png
Views: 275
Size:  117.6 KB

It looked like we would be getting back to back draws, until I changed tactic to haul everyone forward and it paid off. 3 goals from 3 different scorers in 3 minutes to give us the 3 points. Lovely.

First Division: Fremad Amager vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 00.35.24.png
Views: 278
Size:  105.8 KB

A busy period now with this the first of 3 games this week. After conceding via Skovgaard, Boesen levelled. Again it was tit for tat as they went ahead before Thomas Madsen scored for our second. Boesen scores the winner just before full time! Great stuff!

Danish Cup First Round: Marienlyst vs Middelfart

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 10.17.20.png
Views: 276
Size:  82.0 KB

Unexpected, we struggled here. It took penalties to decide the game. We bombarded them with the red card to our advantage but just couldn't convert. Shocking but at least we won.

First Division: Middelfart vs Kolding IF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 11.57.35.png
Views: 273
Size:  35.8 KB

Not much to say about this one apart from a cracking first goal for one of our highest earners, Ba Loua scores his first in the opening minute and we secure another 3 points.

First Division: AB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 13.47.56.png
Views: 269
Size:  81.0 KB

Starting like a house on fire, we were 3-0 up in the first 20 minutes. An own goal from Ostergaard looked to give them some hope before Raben snuffed it out with a fourth for us.

Monthly Review: We have had an excellent month with no losses despite some turbulence to the squad harmony. With us looking to offload some of the higher earners, it was not well received. We have fought on through though and look good.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 13.53.42.png
Views: 272
Size:  198.2 KB

The only other news in terms of transfers is the unfortunate sale of promising midfielder Thomas Madsen, who joins Copenhagen for quite a good deal and we will get 50% of his future profit. The youngster has a bright future ahead of him and we wanted him to stay but he wants to move so all the best to him.

Player of the Month: Boesen takes it for me, he has kept his head down and carried on with business. A nice few goals has meant we got up and running nicely.
    josh_brady, ninjaskill and naterr like this.

22. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 232
Views: 234
    September

In the start of the season we are looking good. Undefeated and in first place, we are having to deal with somewhat of an upheaval. With us trying to get our wage bill down, other clubs are swooping. We have lost our Portuguese left back Castenheira and also midfielder Mathias Jensen to add to the already departed Thomas Madsen. We are in the process of mending the squad.

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs Vejle
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 17.11.54.png
Views: 232
Size:  56.9 KB

A comeback of decent standing against fellow contenders for the top. Good character by the lads to get a poitn and maintain our unbeaten streak.

Danish Cup Second Round: Fremad Amager vs Middelfart

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 17.51.11.png
Size:  75.6 KB

All over them from the off as Riel grabs two! Raben missed a penalty and looks to have hit a bit of a wall in terms of form. We progress to our next round of the cup yet again.

Danish First Division: HB Koge vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 18.03.20.png
Views: 235
Size:  59.2 KB

Bore draw. Feel sorry for the 6 away fans.

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs Viborg FF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 18.16.39.png
Size:  70.6 KB

Looked to have bagged the 3 points early on through Boesen but a late rally saw Viborg hand us our first defeat this year. Disappointing really as we battered them, just didn't have the quality.

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs FC Roskilde
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 18.25.06.png
Size:  33.7 KB

Another bore 0-0 draw. Roskilde are no longer the powerhouse they were when we last met them in the First Division. Once the budget is sorted we need to bring in some quality players to make the difference in these sort of games.

Danish First Division: FC Fredericia vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 18.34.35.png
Size:  133.8 KB

Youngster Andersen has come in to the squad to replace the outgoing Jensen and Madsen. What a way to mark the debut by scoring to become Middelfart's youngest ever scorer and player! It was not enough, a daft foul in the box saw us concede a penalty.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 18.35.38.png
Views: 233
Size:  40.7 KB

With this slower month, we have slipped a bit but nothing to worry about.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 18.35.48.png
Size:  199.3 KB

Monthly Review: It is evident that we are now missing some quality but we need to sort the finances out.

Player of the Month: A tough one this month but the choice for this month is Overgaard in defence, leading the way with a solid display of defending all month.
    josh_brady and ninjaskill like this.

23. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 205
    October
    We begin the month of October in 5th position but not too distant from the top. With a decent set of results we could stake our claim on this division. The good news is also that the squad is gelling well now after the losses in the transfer window. We just need to win some games.

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs Kjellerup
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 15.53.57.png
Size:  87.7 KB

We open October with a game against bottom side Kjellerup and we controlled the game really well. A thoroughly professional performance with another couple of goals between Riel and Raben. They may have formed a formidable partnership and some fans now fondly refer to them as R and R.

Good new continues with my coaching qualification being complete so now I can move onto the Continental badges next.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 16.02.57.png
Views: 204
Size:  52.8 KB

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs Frem
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 16.14.28.png
Size:  82.5 KB

I know it's early doors but this was a 6 pointer. Only one place above us we needed to seal this victory. Ostergaard opened up the scoring from a corner before R and R combined again with Raben tapping in a low cross from Riel. Johansen came on at the end and scored himself a goal. Job done.

Danish First Division: Ringkobing vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 17.11.55.png
Size:  72.2 KB

What a game! A great one for the 5 away fans and the 10 watching at home. We led comfortably as Raben grabbed a brace. These were ruled out from corners which was disappointing. A brilliant managerial decision brought on Overgaard and the lad only went on to score the winner!

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs Fremad Amager
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 17.44.06.png
Size:  115.2 KB

Home again and our growing fanbase witnessed a comeback of epic proportions. It may have merely lived up to expectations but it was a great effort from the lads to get another 3 goals.

Danish Cup Third Round: Middelfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 17.53.19.png
Size:  77.6 KB

We come up against Nordsjaelland yet again, I think this is the 4th time in as many years. The Superliga team were clear favourites and we fought hard but fell short. A special goal from them early door meant we chased the game but we didn't produce the right chances. Casper Radza saved a brilliant penalty and we looked half decent against the big boys.

Monthly Review: A very good month in the league as we go perfectly with 3 goals a game. The wins have moved us up the table and confidence is high despite the cup exit.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 17.54.51.png
Size:  200.2 KB

Player of the Month: Mads Raben - He was incredible. Link up with Riel and Boesen has paid off well as Raben was freely scoring and creating chances.

josh_brady likes this.

24. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 203

November
    Second in the league and we are looking good with momentum behind us. With just one competition to focus on, I make us favourites to go on and win this league. We have a few games in November and just one in December before the winter break. UP THE FARTS!

Danish First Division: Kolding vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 18.04.03.png
Size:  55.3 KB

Well that was fucking dreadful. 0-0 in the pissing rain against a bottom side. Shite.

Danish First Division: Vejle vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 18.21.00.png
Size:  125.3 KB

We return to our second home, the stadium we used whilst ours was being upgraded last yeat. Vejle are going strong and they started well. Riel scored first but then a silly foul from the usually faultless Malberg saw Kudsk draw them level from the spot. It was youngster Andersen who pulled us through to the win by smacking one in from the edge of the box. He has been thriving in midfield since the departure of well whatever his name was....

The board have approved my request to start my Continental badges!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 18.23.10.png
Size:  51.4 KB

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs AB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 18.32.19.png
Size:  99.4 KB

Last month's player of the moth steps up to grab a brace in the first half. We coasted a bit and conceded before the hour mark. Held out in the end and got those 3 precious points.

We faced Fremad Amager a few months ago in the cup and they obviously liked what they saw from me. They are the first club to out and out invite me for an interview since OB last year. I rejected, I feel like we really are gaining momentum now.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 18.35.00.png
Size:  75.4 KB

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs HB Koge
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 18.44.22.png
Size:  148.8 KB

Unexpected draw here. At least we got something but I was not happy, we needed a strong performance but the lads seem to be in holiday mode already.

Danish First Division: FC Roskilde vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 18.54.03.png
Size:  90.6 KB

Our only game in December sees us pick up a rare loss. Roskilde have been disappointing this year but we should have done a job here. I genuinely think the lads are not in the mood and just want to get into the warm log cabins for the winter break. We end the month in first place though so not too bad

Monthly Review: In a way I am glad the break is here, we need to regroup to get back to winning ways. A solid month nonetheless and we look good going in to the new year.

Player of the Month: An usually quiet year from Skipper Vaerum but this month he showed his quality. A few assists and a couple of goals show he still has the ability to contribute.

josh_brady and ninjaskill like this.

25. Name:  sky-sports-news-UK-logo.png
Views: 340
Size:  40.5 KB

Middelfart boss signs extension

In what seems to be a very unsurprising move, Middelfart FC made it publicly known that their young manager has agreed to an extension.

Chairman Claus Hansen said "We are absolutely delighted to have him sign on for another 2 years. We have already seen the club grow massively under his leadership and firmly believe that he will bring more success to the club."

The English manager is doing well in his first stint in charge of a club, lifting two league titles and gaining promotion all the way to the top flight of Danish football. Middelfart had been relegated last year back to the First Division, but this has not had a negative impact on the club says van der Westhuizen.

"I think we definitely learned a lot from our brief spell in the top division. We have taken steps to ensure the club is in a better position going forward. The stadium expansion, the improvements to the youth and training facilities have all helped the club grow. We have a good core of players here and with the right additions I think this club can have more success. That's why I am really excited about signing a new deal and can't wait to get this club back up"

Plenty of positivity from the young manager, who is growing in stature in Denmark and making ripples through Europe. His popularity was further increased with the fans as van der Westhuizen is rumoured to have proposed a lesser weekly wage so that the club can increase it's financial stability.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 20.46.59.png
Views: 189
Size:  99.6 KB

26. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 167

March

A very cold winter hit Denmark. Our pitch would have been in a right state, but thanks to the undersoil heating we actually look good to go for the rest of the campaign. We had a good stint over the last few competitive games and with the friendlies out of the way we look raring to go.

Danish First Division: Viborg FF vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 13.19.58.png
Views: 171
Size:  198.5 KB

An action packed return to the season. Yellow cards galore, two goals and some heroic defending at times. This game was tenacious and we were happy to come away with all three points.

Danish First Division: Kjellerup vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 14.16.11.png
Size:  58.8 KB

Our first proper hammering of the season. Absolutely outplayed them and the game was out of their reach by the end of the first half. Ba Loua actually earned his extensive wage this week.

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs FC Fredericia
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 14.28.07.png
Views: 168
Size:  43.7 KB

A well fought 3 points against tough opponents. They opened the scoring and we had to fight back, we did and got our rewards.

Speaking of rewards, I have also got my first Continental Badge for coaching. I will leave it until the end of the month to request the next stage.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 14.32.40.png
Size:  49.7 KB

Danish First Division: Frem vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 14.43.07.png
Size:  112.2 KB

The agony! We looked to have stolen all the points at the depth only to be outdone 3 minutes later from a set piece. No dropped points is a bonus I think.

Danish First Division: Fremad Amager vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 14.59.52.png
Size:  108.1 KB

This season has felt quite comfortable. The team is gelling well and I have faith that they can win most games. This was a fine example of such a performance, we just controlled the whole game.

Monthly Review: A very happy return to football after the winter break. Only 2 points dropped from a possible 15. We are top of the table and lead by 3 points. Not too bad!

Player of the Month: We ran an online poll this month and the fans voted for Christoffer Ostergaard as the winner. His dominant performances next to Molberg have been a big contributor towards our success so far.
    josh_brady, naterr and kolas79 like this.

27. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 154
Views: 155

April

The push is on, we are top of the table and we are looking good. We just need to continue this form and then we can get back to the top flight.

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs Ringkobing
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 15.48.11.png
Size:  48.2 KB

Only news was from the spot, Casper Vaerum scores and gets us the 3 points on a wet and windy night.

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs Kolding IF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 16.03.00.png
Size:  125.9 KB

So damn close. Often this season we have snuck away with a late winner, Kolding will have felt like it was a winner. Pegging us back to just one point.

Danish First Division: AB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 17.52.54.png
Size:  140.5 KB

Loanee Buch bangs in a hat-trick to win us this away game comfortably.

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs Vejle
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 18.04.00.png
Size:  131.7 KB

Home again in front of 960 screaming fans! We Take the lead through Buch and came through to win late on after they drew level. Boesen gets another! Winning! UP THE FARTS!!

Monthly Review: In this month we have opened up the lead and managed to set a new record points tally for our club in this division. Not bad going I reckon!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 18.05.12.png
Views: 156
Size:  203.4 KB

Player of the month: I was doubtful of the ability of Buchs but he really has pressed on this month. His hat trick was faultless and he has created many chances.

We just need to keep this up and we can clinch the title!
    josh_brady, ninjaskill and kolas79 like this.

28. Really enjoying this!
    ManicBadja likes this.

29. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 152
Views: 152

May

In just one short season, we have gone from a recently relegated side, riddled with debt, overpaying players and not having suitable facilities. We have new facilities, looking likely champions and have one eye on improved finances through final position rewards. It has been a great season and with us already ahead of our points tally from last time in the league, we are comparatively a better side.

Danish First Division: HB Koge vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 19.35.09.png
Views: 153
Size:  91.5 KB

Our first big loss this season, just can't explain it. This could not be salvaged as we just weren't at the races today.

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs FC Roskilde
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 19.45.45.png
Size:  95.4 KB

Back at home and we again took the lead early on only to concede late on to drop points.

Despite the draw we had enough to gain the title!!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 20.01.53.png
Size:  149.0 KB

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs Viborg FF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 20.02.10.png
Size:  42.4 KB

The boys return home as Champions and we get another win to leave the near 1000 fans happy as Larry.

It's always nice to get praise!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 20.02.43.png
Size:  47.7 KB

Danish First Division: FC Fredericia vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 20.14.14.png
Size:  37.5 KB

The boys must be hungover from the title celebrations. A loss sees us unchanged in the table but I am not too worried.

Danish First Division: Middelfart vs Kjellerup
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 20.45.42.png
Size:  120.6 KB

The party is set to continue, we get the final game underway and what a show we put on! 4 goals with the Skipper Vaerum rounding off the action. It is officially over! We are Champions and the FARTS ARE GOING UP!!

Monthly Review: We have had better months, we are not overly concerned as the shortcomings have been drowned out by us winning the fucking league!

Player of the Month: Molberg has been a giant this season and this month showed why. He was consistent and helped us when we needed him to.

I can't quite believe we are going up!
    Last edited by ManicBadja; 31/07/2017 at 09:50 PM.

30. Quote Originally Posted by josh_brady View Post
    Really enjoying this!
    Thanks buddy! I did not think I would enjoy this league as much!
    josh_brady likes this.

31. Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 06.40.55.png
Views: 246
Size:  12.4 KB

Middelfart win the First Division!
    Many would have placed Middelfart up in the playoff places but they have surpassed those early season expectations. Another title win sees the club enjoy it's third piece of silverware in 4 years, with 2 of those being the First Division title.

This feat has not gone unnoticed as plaudits keep coming in for popular manager van der Westhuizen.
    Former managers, staff members and players have been calling local radio shows to sing the praises that the young Englishmen has won the Division with what looks to be a very average squad.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 20.46.56.png
Views: 245
Size:  138.6 KB

The team of the season for Middelfart has been released and their Player of the Year was young loanee Alexander Molberg.

The success has been well received by the board who have approved further improvements to the club.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 20.49.19.png
Views: 244
Size:  59.5 KB

In addition to all the success the further accolade was added of two team of the season places being filled by Middelfart players. The formidable pairing of Molberg and Christoffer Ostergaard.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 20.56.02.png
Views: 247
Size:  157.7 KB

No doubt the summer will be busy for Middelfart as they look to make this stay in the Superliga more lengthy and successful spell.
    Rushton likes this.

32. Wahey! Hopefully the club is financially more ready to compete in the top tier now?
    ManicBadja likes this.

33. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Wahey! Hopefully the club is financially more ready to compete in the top tier now?

Yes mate, it looks ok! The board have doubled the wage budget to £25k a week so we can bring in some new players. We will see if it enough to get some more wins!

34. Name:  Ekstra_Bladet_logo.png
Views: 229
Size:  4.2 KB

Middelfart revamp for life in Superliga

In recent weeks there has been a keen sense of intrigue around Middelfart. The team who has recently been promoted back to the top flight of Danish football, after a rather disappointing spell last time round.

Manager van der Westhuizen has stated that he is feeling more optimistic about their chances this time.

"It's not going to be easy, but with the backing from the board who are looking to push the club on, we now have better players, facilities and a bit more of a pull for new signings. With the right additions, I feel we can stabilise the club and who knows what can happen next season."

It seems like the young manager had already been planning for this the moment they dropped down to the First Division. In the coming weeks, Middelfart announced a handful of new signings and also released a couple.

Transfers in:
    GK: Andreas Raahauge
    MC/MR: Lucas Simonsen
    DC: Emil Christensen
    DL: Casper Hojer
    DR: Carsten Lind
    DR/MR: Joakim Maehle

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 10.21.03.png
Views:	228
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	1123318Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 10.21.22.png
Views:	226
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	1123319

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 10.21.44.png
Views:	229
Size:	499.2 KB
ID:	1123320Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 10.21.57.png
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	1123321

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 10.22.15.png
Size:	506.9 KB
ID:	1123322Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 10.22.23.png
Views:	230
Size:	514.2 KB
ID:	1123323
    All 6 players have been brought in to strengthen the squad, all on permanent contracts apart from young Carsten Lind who joins on loan.

Transfers Out:
    ST: Andre Riel
    DL: Ba Loua

The main two players released were Riel and Loua. It has been no secret that Ba Loua has been on the chopping block for some time and his high wages have meant he did not get a new contract offer. On the other hand the rather surprising exclusion of Riel has upset some fans, as they thought he still has a part to play.

The season is nearly upon us, with these additions both fans and staff at Middelfart will hope that this time will be different.

ninjaskill and naterr like this.

35. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 222
Views: 386

The New Season
    For some reason this feels different. There is a buzz and excitement like never before in the small town of Middelfart. I remember when I first arrived here, 4 years ago, it was so different then. Hardly anyone followed the club as religiously as some do now, there are more shops and pubs in the town. My favourite new place of these is the English pub, The Top Fart, in homage to my nationality and an obvious tip of the hat to our successful little club.

People are talking more about football and let me tell you the Danes do not mince their words when they see me.. I get told who to buy, sell and who to look at developing further. It truly is wonderful seeing how this community has fallen in love with the game and is supporting the team. We have already sold over 1300 season tickets for the new season, up by 900 from last year! Our movement is growing and like I said before, it feels different this time. I really believe we can stay up.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Viborg FF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 11.25.42.png
Views: 228
Size:  97.5 KB

First up we get an easy opener against fellow promoted team Viborg. We played them last year and had the better of them on both occasions if I remember rightly. Vaerum scored just before the half for our only goal and the eventual winner. We have already equalled the amount of wins we had in the top flight last time!

Danish Superliga: OB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 15.22.06.png
Views: 229
Size:  143.3 KB

We take the short trip across to Odense to play our former parent club. This has turned into a bit of a grudge match for me over the years. I want us to be the biggest club in the area, not these selfish bastards. We went there with a stubborn mentality, we will not be beaten. All our hard work paid off as we got the breakthrough via a corner and new boy Emil Christensen. We then went to the car park and parked the bus on the field. Boring, but very effective. We now have double our wins tally in the Superliga!

In other news and a great indicator of the progress we are making as a club is the addition of a top quality scout. We signed the former Tottenham, Ajax, Fulham employee as our scout. He is Martin Jol's brother! His main recommendation was this guy:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 15.37.39.png
Views: 227
Size:  509.7 KB

It has been a long time since we actually replaced Salami and this is the guy. He is by some way our most gifted player and has age on his side. Hopefully he will be our powerhouse!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Midtjylland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 15.51.59.png
Size:  141.2 KB

ARRGHHH!! So damn close! We started off with the best team goal I have seen our guys produce. A back heel from Andersen to Vaerum who plays it out wide, a whipped cross into Raben, another back heel and MUNKSGAAARRRDD!! The little club that could is in the lead!! We set up defensively and only managed to keep them out for 16 minutes. We started to fight back but Onuachu decided to score an early goal of the season contender as he slams a half volley in from 30 yards. Desperately unlucky!

Monthly Review:
    A fantastic month sees us lie in 4th place! It obviously won't last but we have taken so much confidence from our 2 victories I feel really upbeat about our chances to get a few more and maybe, just maybe, stay up.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 15.52.31.png
Views: 226
Size:  225.5 KB

Player of the Month: It is not often you see a player come in and settle quickly whilst making such a contribution. Emil Christensen has done just that, he has 2 clean sheets from 3 games and even scored the winner. Not a bad start to his Middelfart career.

36. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 196
Views: 360

August
    Life has started pretty sweetly for our second spell in the Superliga. The morale is high amongst the team and I feel that despite a few tough games, we can upset some people!

Danish Superliga: FC Nordsjelland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 16.41.36.png
Views: 199
Size:  92.1 KB

A very unfortunate game where the scoreline doesn't reflect how well we played. We came close with a few decent chances but our mistakes cost us. Molberg scored an own goal and with us pushing forward we got hit on the counter for them to make it 2.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Hobro IK
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 21.42.48.png
Views: 199
Size:  124.9 KB

Now there are some teams I remember better than others and Hobro are a team that I have been waiting to beat. An absolute thriller of a game ensued as we opened a 2 goal lead within the first 10 minutes. They eventually got back into it but our new midfield dynamo scored our third to put the game to bed!

Danish Superliga: AGF vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 21.59.20.png
Views: 197
Size:  111.3 KB

We look to take our winning form on the road with us against the tough AGF. New signing Maehle opened his account three minutes into play. We then got lucky by getting an deflection from a Maehle cross. Another 3 points and this is looking really good!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Esbjerg FB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 22.43.27.png
Views: 198
Size:  156.4 KB

Unbelievable. This is getting silly. We are doing so, so well. Radza saved a penalty and from then on we battered them. 3-0 gets us yet another victory!

Our fine form over this last couple of weeks and we get 7 players in the Team of the Week!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 22.45.15.png
Views: 201
Size:  153.4 KB

Danish Superliga: Brondby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 22.58.37.png
Views: 198
Size:  63.7 KB

The toughest game of the month saw us fall to another defeat. 2-0 at half time is how it stayed and the guys looked a bit tired really. We have a cup game in two days against Avarta from the Second Division so I will rest the first teamers where possible.

Monthly Review: Another very good month! Our points collection sees us move up to 4th. We were in first place for a very brief moment! The great news is we already are half way to our 30 point survival tally!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 23.00.37.png
Size:  231.9 KB

Player of the Month: The stand out performer amongst many was our man in-between the sticks, Casper Radza. He has really stepped up with a couple of clean sheets and a penalty save!

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    ninjaskill and naterr like this.

37. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 184
Views: 351

September

As months go, this one is going to be very tough, with a home fixture against reigning champions FC Copenhagen!
    I honestly can not believe how well we are doing and I really believe that we have built something special here, I just hope we get the results the team so richly deserve.

Danish Cup Round Two: Avarta vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 19.18.10.png
Views: 183
Size:  38.8 KB

First up we need to put a shift in against Division Two side Avarta. On a cold and wet night, we have a job to do. It took longer than expected for the 'B' team to get the breakthrough but we did and thanks to Nzoko we are through to the next round.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Copenhagen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 19.37.16.png
Views: 185
Size:  72.2 KB

This was the big one. We have not even had a sniff against them previously but I have told you guys, this year feels different. A penalty was given and old reliable Vaerum slotted it in the bottom right corner. We then proceeded to be defensive before going to full on Contain from the 80th minute. We only went and fucking won against Copenhagen!!! 3 massive, massive points and we have beaten the unbeatable!

Danish Superliga: AAB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 19.51.16.png
Views: 185
Size:  94.1 KB

And just like that we are back down to earth with a thump. I won't blow smoke up our ass but we did play well, just not well enough.

Danish Superliga: Sonderjyske vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 20.08.38.png
Views: 187
Size:  117.9 KB

Wow. What a rollercoaster this month has been already, this game was amazing for our attacking outfit. 5 goals in the first half saw us take the points here. Interestingly enough Rudy Gestede has made the move this summer to Denmark, I guess things must not have worked out in England. Anyway, today was all about Nzoko who got a hat trick!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers FC
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 20.55.23.png
Views: 184
Size:  119.3 KB

We have taken the league by storm. Even Randers who are in second position in the league have stumbled at the Fortress we have built at home. We have drafted in Kevin Vermeulen on a free and the Dutchman has scored on his debut! He offers a nice back up for Vaerum and should be a good piece of business. Munksgaard is hitting his stride as well and scores his 5th of the season if I am not mistaken. We defended so well and because of that we get all 3 points.

Monthly Review: After spending the night in the local police station for streaking down the main street of Middelfart drunk and naked, I have come to my senses and reflect positively on the last month. An incredible result against Copenhagen, Randers and the formidable 5 we scored in the other game we were looking like world beaters.
    Our progress sees us go into the top 3! Only 6 points from the 30 points we set ourselves!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 20.58.47.png
Views: 183
Size:  226.2 KB

Player of the Month: No other player shone brighter than our young loanee striker from Holland. Leon Nzoko was on a mission this month and I hope he can carry this on for the rest of the season!

38. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 164
Views: 323

October
    We have had a super September, can we now get an Optimal October or will it just be an OK October?

Danish Superliga: Lyngby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 21.50.53.png
Size:  68.5 KB

A boring 0-0. The only positives to take are the fact that we have now ended their winning run over us.

Danish Superliga: Viborg FF vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 22.20.44.png
Size:  92.5 KB

Up against Viborg who got promoted along with us last season. We have won the home leg and now we can add the away win to the list. Christensen scores from a corner to settle our nerves! We also came up against Thomas Madsen, our former wonderkid who is on loan at Viborg from Copenhagen.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs OB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 22.37.02.png
Views: 163
Size:  45.2 KB

What a second half! We went behind but instantly responded through Raben! The bad news was a quite bad injury to Nzoko who is set for 7 weeks on the sideline.

Danish Cup Third Round: Rishoj vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 22.52.16.png
Size:  117.0 KB

Yes lads! We get back to business in the cup with an expected win. Vaerum gets a double and Sorensen chips in too!

Monthly Review: In the build up we were hoping for an Optimal October. It turned out as good as that. Undefeated. 5 points from 3 games in the league and through to the next round of the cup.

Player of the Month: These get tougher every month with players being so competitive. Casper Hojer has been phenomenal at left back. He has kept one of highest earners, Jul Nielsen, out of the team with his top notch defensive work and devastating crosses.

UP. THE. FARTS.

39. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 162
Views: 324

November
    Will we have a Naughty November? Let's find out!

Danish Superliga: FC Midtjylland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 23.04.57.png
Views: 161
Size:  101.7 KB

Oh ok! We looked like we maybe snuck a cheeky away win here but Faour had different ideas. Still a draw away from home against a big team like Midtjylland!

In a really interesting development of events, I have never experienced on Football Manager, we have elections of a new Chairman coming up. Current Chairman Claus Hansen is stepping down and not standing for re-election.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 23.07.16.png
Views: 160
Size:  57.0 KB

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 23.16.03.png
Size:  85.2 KB

Ah damn! We concede in the first minute, not able to pull it back. We tried but they were too resolute. Ah well!

Danish Superliga: Hobro IK vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 23.32.41.png
Size:  129.0 KB

Well that didn't go to plan. Our biggest defeat so far. We were off the pace in all sectors and our wonderkid Andersen was the only shining light. We are missing the injured Nzoko, and the goals have dried up.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AGF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 23.49.11.png
Views: 163
Size:  110.7 KB

End of the month and it has not gone to plan. We needed a win and it was delivered! Casper Vaerum gets us going before Awesome Andersen nets another. Jul Nielsen scored a wicked free kick and we get 3 goals and 3 points.

Monthly Review: It didn't go very well but at least we won some points.

Player of the Month: Has to be wonderkid Andersen. He has stepped into the boots left by Madsen and really is progressing well.

UP. THE. FARTS!

40. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 141
Views: 305

Dazzling December?

Few could imagine that Middelfart and Randers have been doing so well this year. There have been many underperforming teams this season and the underdogs have pounced. With this being said, our form has slowed somewhat of late and I can feel the mood around camp is a bit low. We need to start scoring goals, but even still it is not long until the winter break so we can catch up a bit in terms of injuries etc. We only have 3 games to go until the break so lets do this!

Danish Superliga: Esbjerg vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 00.01.58.png
Views: 140
Size:  66.6 KB

Bad news, we were down and out before the 15 minute mark. Good news, Leon Nzoko is back and scoring again.

Danish Superliga: FC Copenhagen vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 08.39.19.png
Views: 142
Size:  118.6 KB

Copenhagen will not have enjoyed the fact that we beat them last time and were out for revenge. We were again 2-0 within 15 minutes. Molberg gave us a glimpse of hope by scoring a header from a free kick. Their quality was overwhelming though and we struggled to threaten anything more really.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 08.56.08.png
Views: 142
Size:  84.9 KB

Wow, I did not actually realise how tough these fixtures were this month. We are up against what are in my eyes the second biggest team in Denmark. Leon Nzoko has stepped up his claim to beat Joakim Andersen as our player of the season as he scores yet again. We had the lead for a whole 6 minutes before Holst grabs them a point.

Monthly Review:
    Almost a Dreadful December but we manage 1 point before the winter break. I think the lads were far too cold to concentrate. We just need the time off to regroup and prepare for the run in. In terms of the season, I have a feeling that we are definitely not going to be relegated. Unless something horrendous happens now.

Player of the Month: In the short month where we only managed 3 games, the only player to stand out was Nzoko again. He has really surprised me as I thought he would just be back up for Raben and Vaerum. He had other ideas and is now our leading goal scorer for the season.

UP. THE. FARTS.
    Last edited by ManicBadja; 03/08/2017 at 12:40 PM.
    kolas79 likes this.

41. Just read through the whole story, really good work and somehow it took me until page 7 to realise the club name was middelfart not middlefart.

Looks like the superliga season is going far better than the last one
    ManicBadja likes this.

42. Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskill View Post
    Just read through the whole story, really good work and somehow it took me until page 7 to realise the club name was middelfart not middlefart.

Looks like the superliga season is going far better than the last one
    It happens mate! Some people still think it's a made up place. This season is going miles better, I think it is massively down to the club being more established.
    ninjaskill likes this.

43. Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 06.40.55.png
Views: 256
Size:  12.4 KB

What have they put in the water in Middelfart?

The middle of winter is here and we pause to reflect on the Superliga season so far. The stand out story by far is the success of promoted Middelfart. The tiny team, in comparison with other clubs in the league, is flying high in the league considering they were meant to be battling against relegation. Middelfart even found themselves momentarily at the top of the league at one stage. Their form has taken a bit of a downturn leading up to the summer months, but they are still flying high.

A top half finish will no doubt be an incredible achievement and the plaudits keep flying in for manager van der Westhuizen. He has recently completed Continental B Licence and will look to move onto the next course soon.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 12.49.39.png
Views: 253
Size:  53.3 KB

In other news around the club, a new Chairman has been elected. Ole Andresen takes over from Claus Hansen who chose not to stand for re-election.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 12.49.51.png
Views: 251
Size:  44.0 KB

We have gained access to a message from the new Chairman to his manager and it seems like there will be no further disturbance or large scale changes.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 12.50.17.png
Views: 257
Size:  71.0 KB

In the meantime, we are also told that Middelfart have pushed some more cash towards the coffers so that they can avoid relegation. Whatever they are feeding them in Middelfart, they need to bottle it and sell it. It could mean they will double up their income streams.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 12.56.25.png
Views: 255
Size:  73.0 KB

44. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 225
Views: 411

March Madness?
    The winter is over and Denmark has awoken excited for the return of the Superliga! Middelfart will hope to continue their form from earlier this season. If we grab a few more wins, we may finish in the top 6 and I believe that means we are guaranteed safety!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AAB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 16.09.47.png
Size:  126.2 KB

A tough start to the post winter period as Fetfatzidis scores against us again. We never really looked like scoring.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Sonderjyske
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 16.32.48.png
Views: 233
Size:  150.9 KB

Started well with new loanee Hjort getting us underway. They equalised and then big Rudy Gestede scored the winner. We then went about collecting cards instead of points.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Lyngby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 20.35.58.png
Views: 226
Size:  48.5 KB

Another home game and probably the least entertaining. Least we get a point.

Danish Cup 4th Round: Middelfart vs Sonderjyske
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 21.02.15.png
Size:  150.2 KB

We play Sonderjyske yet again but this time it's for the next round of the Cup. Peter Jul Nielsen started at left attacking midfielder. He bagged two in quick concession and Ostergaard added one from the corner. Big Rudy Gestede scored again for them but we are through to the Quarters!

Danish Superliga: Randers FC vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 21.18.31.png
Size:  63.2 KB

We go away to face high flying Randers. They struck first through George and it took an absolute thunderbolt which ended up getting us 1 point and also voted goal of the month!

Monthly Review: It took us a while to get warm but once we did it mattered. Through to the next round of the Cup and we are also in 6th place in the league so we advance to the Champions phase as opposed to the Relegation phase we were a part of last time.

Player of the Month: This was tough, not because of being spoiled for choice but more because the performances have been quite average. We will give this month's award to Molberg due to him stepping up as Captain when Vaerum was resting.

45. Never been so pleased to be lured in by a fart joke! Great story man and BEST TITLE EVER!!!

Keep up the good work, looking forward to more!
    kolas79 and ManicBadja like this.

46. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    Never been so pleased to be lured in by a fart joke! Great story man and BEST TITLE EVER!!!

Keep up the good work, looking forward to more!
    Glad you have enjoyed it buddy!

47. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 175
Views: 358
    Awesome April?
    Things have gone spectacularly well this season and we are playing for pride now to see just how high we can finish.
    Can we grab a few more priceless wins to secure more money for next season. We also have one eye on the cup as we have a chance to get to the final!

Danish Superliga: Randers FC vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 16.01.30.png
Views: 178
Size:  123.4 KB

A maniacal 35 away fans travelled with us to the strong favourites Randers. We spoiled their day by playing out our skins and Vermeulen and Nzoko combined for a Dutch Double. 3 more points and I believe we leapfrog Brondby to go 5th!

Danish Cup Quarter final: Middelfart vs Hobro IK
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 16.19.55.png
Views: 176
Size:  139.1 KB

Talk about a nail biter! We were so resolute and even had a few chances to win the game. Radza was an absolute giant as he saved a penalty in the first half of extra time. He then went on to save our skins in the shootout as we move on to the Semis!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 16.28.34.png
Views: 177
Size:  125.1 KB

Up against the sleeping giants of Danish football. They have been off the pace of Copenhagen for years now and will soon make a resurgence I am sure. In the meantime, we decided to kick them in the balls by stealing 3 points through a lucky Munksgaard goal to win!

Danish Superliga: AGF vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 16.39.31.png
Size:  77.7 KB

Not much to say really. I think the congestion of fixtures does not help but we managed to stand strong for another valuable point from home.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AAB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 16.49.58.png
Size:  66.9 KB

April has been hectic but it is hard fought wins like this that make it all worthwhile. Molberg scores a late header from a corner to get us all 3 points. There is not a chance we can catch the top 4 really but we look good for 5th.

Danish Superliga: Copenhagen vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 17.09.08.png
Views: 178
Size:  150.7 KB

It is these games that show how far we are from topping this league. We lost 2-0 against 10 men. We need a lot more quality in depth next season, but I am even more determined to dethrone Copenhagen.

Danish Cup Semi Final: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 09.58.56.png
Views: 179
Size:  160.1 KB

64 Middelfartian ultras or otherwise know, Ultra-farts, travelled to the big time Nordsjaelland. Casper Hojer delivered a trade mark free kick to put Middelfart ahead and Raben added to the party after half time. We contained, defended and generally stood in front of the goal for the remainder and only conceded one goal. LETS GOOO!!!! We are through to the final!!

Monthly Review: April turned out to be pretty awesome indeed! We got through to a final and remained undefeated for the last month. In other expected news, Copenhagen hang onto their title and make it 6 years in a row. I really want to beat them and would be so happy to retire after winning the league with lil' ol' Middelfart!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 10.05.01.png
Views: 179
Size:  145.9 KB

Player of the Month: The man inbetween the sticks has near enough single handedly got us to the final of the Danish Cup. On top of that, Casper Radza has kept out some thunderous shots this month. He really is stepping up to the elite level of the Danish Superliga. Not bad for a guy who was playing Divison Two 4 years ago.
    kolas79 likes this.

48. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 173
Views: 353

Marvellous May?
    It takes a special team chemistry to achieve what we have so far but we are as ambitious as we are determined. The Danish Cup Final is coming up and we also have the rest of the season to compete in. Let's get to it!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers FC:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 10.18.26.png
Views: 173
Size:  119.4 KB

A lucky escape to be honest, we were trailing and if it wasn't for a red card we would have probably lost. We got a penalty shout and Hjort pitched in for the leveller.

Danish Superliga: Brondby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 11.14.40.png
Views: 172
Size:  91.0 KB

With one eye on the cup final we fielded a weakened team and we nearly gave them a run for their money. We clawed one back but it was too late.

Danish Cup Final Special

Welcome to one and all to this very special presentation of the Danish Cup Final, the first one ever that Middelfart have been involved in. They are clear underdogs in this contest against Copenhagen but Middelfart had beaten the Danish Champions this season. Can they do it again?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 11.22.23.png
Views: 172
Size:  134.9 KB

Here we go sports fans, the time has come. We have finished with the opening ceremony and all the build up is complete. We are now ready for the kick off!

5 Minutes: The opening few minutes have been all about settling the nerves. Both teams have now gone into a comfortable control as they share possession.
    11 Minutes: Middelfart gain possession in midfield and play the ball out wide to Munksgaard who cuts in from the left, onto his right foot, shoots! GOOOALLLLL!!!! THEY ARE AHEAD! The underdogs have taken the lead! What a goal and the celebrations have started!
    44 Minutes: The majority of this half has been Middelfart defending, who can blame them. If they hold out this will be the most memorable final for years!
    56 Minutes: CHANCE! Djurdjevic is through one on one and it takes a strong hand from Radza to save it!
    90 Minutes: Time is running out here, Middelfart have the lead and look good for it. Copenhagen in possession now, out on the right wing, a cross into the box and Djurdjevic is free! GOOOALLL!!! Copenhagen equalise right at the depth! This game is going to extra time!
    Full time: 1-1. What will extra time bring!

Into extra time we go, Middelfart have expanded their game a bit and are looking to break on the counter.
    105 Minutes: Halftime here during extra time, brave Middelfart are proving everyone wrong and look to be taking this to penalties.
    119 Minutes: It has been really quiet as both teams look set for penalties. A corner here for Copenhagen. The ball is bouncing loose and its falls to DJURDJEVIC!!! He has done it yet again! Two late goals from the big man see Copenhagen surely win the cup!
    120 Minutes: It's all over here, the fairytale ending is done. Middelfart tried and gave it a shot but in the end Djurdjevic saved the day for Copenhagen.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 13.58.45.png
Views: 174
Size:  136.5 KB

So fucking close. I was sure we would beat them on penalties. Ah well, we go again next season!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AGF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 14.12.57.png
Views: 174
Size:  130.2 KB

Back to the league with 3 games left. We beat AGF here to go 4th!

Danish Superliga: Middelffart vs Copenhagen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 14.24.56.png
Size:  60.7 KB

Fucking sick of these.

Danish Superliga: AAB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 14.44.35.png
Size:  108.3 KB

Our final regular game in the season sees us lose and drop to 5th. We now get to enter the playoffs for the European competitions though!

Monthly Review: Was ok I suppose. Just majorly pissed off from the Final though.

Player of the Month: The whole team was ace, couldn't single someone out.

49. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 169
Views: 352

Jubilant June?
    One game. That's all we have left for this magnificent season. We were written off at the start. Judged to be unfit to remain in the league, we have battled against the odds and have put ourselves within contention of playing European football for the first time in the club's history. Regardless of this next game, the achievements of this season have been fantastic.

Danish Superliga Euro Places Playoff: Middelfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 16.58.11.png
Views: 171
Size:  79.8 KB

For once we catch a break in extra time. Emil Christensen gave us the lead from a corner. I thought it was back to our usual luck when they scored before full time. We managed to score again through Collins Tanor who has been a little off after his long injury lay off. We win! I don't know what that means for next season but it should be good!

End of Season Review: Well as we mentioned before, this has been an incredible season. Finishing 5th in the league and runners up in the League Cup. Not too shabby at all lads.
    Molberg claims the Player of the season yet again and we will definitely look at bringing him in on a permanent basis.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 17.02.05.png
Views: 170
Size:  144.8 KB

Speaking of permanent moves, the board has given us even more to stabilise the club. A handy doubling of our wabe budget and over half a million to spend. We can look to buy again this summer.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 17.02.58.png
Views: 170
Size:  38.4 KB

In addition to this, we have had some great news in terms of our facilities. The board have agreed to upgrade the training facilities and we look forward to getting this club onto the map.

Bring on next season, I can not wait to see what we can do with this great little club! UP. THE. FARTS!!

50. Name:  sky-sports-news-UK-logo.png
Views: 318
Size:  40.5 KB

Middelfart stun Denmark
    What a year for Middelfart. Plaudits keep coming in for their manager van der Westhuizen who has taken the club from strength to strength and seen this last season secure Middelfart's highest ever finish.

The club also set a new record by reaching their first ever Danish Cup final only to narrowly and cruelly lose to Danish powerhouse Copenhagen in extra time.

The dust has hardly settled at Middelfart and the preparation for the new season has already begun.

Name:	Transfer news.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1124002

Transfers In:
    In what seems to be quite the catch, Middelfart have claimed a real bargain by signing Mads Dohr Thychosen. For a rumoured £130k fee the young Dane comes highly recommended for his versatility and all round footballing ability. FC Midtjylland fans are angry that they have lost out on such a promising player as well as coming to terms with their shock relegation to the First Division.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 18.44.21.png
Views: 150
Size:  518.6 KB

Viktor Anker has also signed for Middelfart. The goalkeeper joins on a free as he has been without a club for some time. With 6 u21 cups for Denmark there is talent there, although it is expected that he will play second choice to the formidable Casper Radza.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 19.08.27.png
Views: 150
Size:  502.3 KB

Many claimed that the chink in the armour of Middelfart was their lack of depth in Midfield. The signing of Alexander Tved Hansen will sort that out. To add to a promising midfield, the Dane has all the capabilities to challenge for a first team place. Another bargain for the club.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 19.09.34.png
Views: 148
Size:  502.1 KB

Anes Travljanin joins the club on a free. He is an exciting winger with an eye for a cross and pace to burn.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 19.10.43.png
Views: 149
Size:  488.4 KB

In addition to the transfers, the board has approved improvements to the youth facilities. With such substantial investment we could be seeing a higher quality of youth players coming through the ranks at Middelfart.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 18.49.41.png
Views: 149

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO