Middelfart - let's not follow through
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

1. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 353
Size:  16.1 KBName:  Superligalogo3.png
Views: 532
Size:  11.8 KB

European Daydreams!
    In recent weeks fans still can not wrap their heads around the fact that Middelfart have a chance of qualifying for the European Cup. In an unbelievable progression, the Danish minnows have leapt through the leagues and now are competing on 3 fronts; the Superliga, Danish Cup and the Euro Cup.

Let's see how far we can take this little club!

EURO Cup 2nd Qual Round: Middelfart vs Vaduz
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 12.24.00.png
Views: 360
Size:  57.5 KB

Well this is good! Our first ever taste of European football sees us take on Swiss side Vaduz. We scored all the goals including theirs. A fantastic performance that sets up a good chance in the second leg for us to progress.

Danish Superliga: Lyngby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 13.15.20.png
Views: 356
Size:  82.5 KB

Our first game in the new season of the Superliga. A poor show really where we should have put the game to bed. Just not clinical enough and we settle for a share of the points.

EURO Cup 2nd Qual Round: Vaduz vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 13.42.52.png
Views: 358
Size:  145.2 KB

Yes lads!! A solid performance sees us go through to the next round! 5-2 on aggregate and we looked good value for it!

Round 3 is drawn and we get Israeli side Hapoel Be'er-Sheva. I don't know what to expect really but I think that we will have a chance if we continue to control the game as we have been.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 13.43.32.png
Views: 357
Size:  103.1 KB

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs OB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 14.00.49.png
Views: 359
Size:  119.2 KB

Back to the league for our local derby against OB. Sadly we get nothing and again we should have made our chances count. Our new striker, Mads Thychosen is not firing yet and I am starting to worry that this may turn into a drought.

EURO Cup 3rd Round: Middelfart vs Hapeol Be'er-sheva
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 14.18.33.png
Views: 355
Size:  63.4 KB

We bloody love European football! Another dominant performance and it seems to me the lads have not woken up in the league yet, at least they are performing in Europe! Andersen scored a worldie again and both our new signings scored. Finally Thychosen is off the mark!

Monthly Review: In the years ahead, this month will stand out as a great one for me. We have outperformed our competitors in Europe and I am confident of reaching the knockout phases. A slow start in the league but no defeats yet.

Player of the Month: Surprisingly the stand out performer was Kevin Vermeulen. He controlled the games well from AMC and chipped in with a couple of assists and a goal!

UP. THE. FARTS!
    Lippo255 likes this.

2. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 324
Views: 502

Agonising August
    I would not normally be so negative at the start of a month but the sheer amount of fixtures this month calls for us to split the month's reports. This is the first half featuring European games and Danish Superliga games too.
    We have 9 games this month, 9! Let's crack on then.

Danish Superliga: FC Copenhagen vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 15.17.39.png
Views: 329
Size:  59.9 KB

Unreal! We beat them for the first time ever last season, this time we show up to Telia Parken and take a big ol' shit in the middle of their field. Thychosen is quickly becoming a fan favourite and there is no wonder why. A goal against the biggest team in the country sees us take all 3 points after some seriously good defending.

EURO Cup 3rd Round: Hapoel Be'er-Sheva vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 15.38.56.png
Views: 326
Size:  98.3 KB

With a 3-0 lead we felt comfortable coming into this one. Although we lost on the day we have moved on to the next round and will face a German Giant.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 15.40.49.png
Views: 327
Size:  95.7 KB

That's right sports fans, we have drawn Shalke. In a matter of weeks we will be playing at the famous VELTINS-Arena and I hope the 20 odd faithful away fans, the Ultrafarts, will be as raucous as possible in the 62,271 capacity stadium.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers FC
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 15.53.34.png
Views: 325
Size:  133.2 KB

Back in action in the league, we face Randers who gave us a tough time last year. I think we drew both games and it was more of the same. Vermeulen scored a contender for goal of the season to get us started before we conceded in the 2nd half.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Esbjerg FB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 16.19.56.png
Views: 328
Size:  62.1 KB

Wow, what a performance for Thychosen! A hat-trick on top of Vossebelt's first goal for the club sees us edge out Esbjerg in this goal fest. Fans have taken to calling Mads Dohr 'Thychosen One'.

Mid month review: Undefeated and through to the next round of the Euro cup, whilst beating Copenhagen in their own back yard. A great month so far.

Player of the month (so far): Has to be Thychosen One! 4 goals in as many games!

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    ninjaskill and kolas79 like this.

3. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 289
Views: 466
    Agonising August? (Part 2)
    I can't remember when we last had so many games in a month, it must be a first. The first half went near perfect, we can only hope it carries on for the remainder.

Danish Superliga: AGF vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 20.00.33.png
Views: 294
Size:  167.4 KB

With one eye on the Schalke game, we field a second team and play 4-4-2 instead of our preferred 4-2-3-1 this season. Rather surprisingly Boesen scores a double. He is not really good enough for this level and has been found out a bit but I like the guy. I like him even more now!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 20.04.19.png
Views: 292
Size:  166.2 KB

The performance in the last week was so good that nearly half the team of the week consisted of Middelfart players!

EURO Cup Playoff: Schalke vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 20.20.49.png
Size:  135.3 KB

This was the biggest game of my career. We face German giants. This is our first real test to compare how we are progressing as a club against a team that I have actually heard of and know a bit about. Yes we have Copenhagen but this is different. It looked like we were going to be beaten heavily after an early penalty was given against us, then we only bloody went on to score twice and take the lead! As I was changing tactics to contan, Fabian Reese scored for them and heartbreak was again on the cards as Max Meyer scored a late winner. At least we take away goals into the next leg.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Hobro IK
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 20.40.05.png
Size:  186.4 KB

4 days later, our second side take on Hobro who are in second. Tanor scores a screamer to open the game up. Hobro pin us back and then take the lead for their own, luckily our resident Englishman Jake Bruce scored an equaliser!
    We held on for a point even after Hojer got an early bath.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 20.42.18.png
Views: 290
Size:  126.3 KB

Before the return leg vs Schalke I get this little email from my PA. 200 games already! It seems like less but it has flown in!

EURO Cup Playoff: Middelfart vs Schalke
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 21.52.06.png
Views: 288
Size:  128.3 KB

Oh football is a cruel, cruel game! Not only did we take the lead twice, which would have seen us through to the next round, but we looked good value for it too! Simply the quality of Schalke shone through. Konoplyanka was linked with Liverpool all those years ago and former Spurs player Bentaleb scored their late, late goal. A brave display from the lads though!

Danish Superliga: Silkeborg vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 22.03.39.png
Views: 290
Size:  75.3 KB

The second team take to the field and the fatigue in the squad is clear. Boesen scores yet another goal and it looked like we were going to get those expected 3 points until their star man Rubin ruined our parade and stole the points.

Danish Cup 2nd Round: AC Horsens vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 22.16.10.png
Views: 292
Size:  157.4 KB

The final game of this loooonggg month sees us take on First Division side Horsens. Thychosen one takes us to the next round thanks to his opening goal before more pressure sees us grab a second through and own goal.

Monthly Review: Well this was lovely, the long month has meant we have had one of the most successful spells in the clubs history. Doing well in the league, falling just short against huge favourites Schalke and progressing into the next round of the Cup.

Player of the Month: No need to pick one. Thychosen One is killing it!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 22.18.12.png
Views: 294
Size:  158.4 KB

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    ninjaskill, kolas79 and ReidLFC like this.

4. Ahh man. Heart breaking loss to Schalke but real evidence of how far you've come, keep it up.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!
    ManicBadja likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    Ahh man. Heart breaking loss to Schalke but real evidence of how far you've come, keep it up.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!
    Thanks man! Yeah it is great to see the progress against a side we know more about. Just hope we can keep it up and maybe beat them next time!

6. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 212
Views: 386

Super September?
    Just before the transfer window shut we were able to bring in 2 more players to provide some cover for the first team. First up is Jakup Thomsen who has been on my radar for a while but we have not had the money to pay him.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 17.35.12.png
Views: 216
Size:  508.5 KB

He has the finishing and physical stats to worry most defences and we hope he does exactly that!

Secondly, Jimmi Syppil comes in to add depth and also to potentially stake a claim for the future.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 17.41.24.png
Views: 215
Size:  497.6 KB

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AAB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 14.51.08 1.png
Views: 214
Size:  97.7 KB

A wonderful debut for Thomsen as he scores early on! Travljanin and Molberg complete a solid performance against the strong AAB outfit.

Danish Superliga: Viborg FF vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 17.27.15.png
Views: 209
Size:  77.3 KB

Thomsen makes it 2 goals in 2 games and is looking to be a wonderful free signing. Thychosen One gets on the score sheet and is proving to be our signing of the season! Another 3 points secured!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 17.46.27.png
Views: 213
Size:  103.8 KB

Thomsen does it again! This time we concede and are unable to get the breakthrough. We were all over Brondby and will be disappointed that we did not get anymore from this game.

Danish Superliga: Sonderjyske vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 17.54.15.png
Views: 213
Size:  69.6 KB

Not much to say here, we only manage a listless draw. Another disappointing game where we should have had more.

Monthly Review:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 18.14.30.png
Views: 215
Size:  218.6 KB

Looking good early on this season with Copenhagen steaming ahead already. Unless they slip up, we won't catch them so second or there about would be perfect!

Player of the Month: In the short time he has been here, Thomsen has settled in quickly whilst chipping in with goals. Just what we want to see!

UP. THE. FARTS!
    naterr likes this.

7. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 165
Views: 338

October
    We have been doing really well and despite our success last year have been tipped for relegation. We are fighting against all the odds as we have done over the last 4 years. The focus is to catch Copenhagen and finish in the top 4!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Lyngby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 10.19.59.png
Views: 166
Size:  68.4 KB

We have always struggled against Lyngby and this was no different. Thomsen added another goal to his tally but we couldn't keep them out and had to settle for the share of points.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 10.31.23.png
Views: 167
Size:  119.4 KB

Oddly we went into this game as favourites, which is a compliment on our progression as a club. Thychosen One is really stepping up and scored yet again. Sanchez scored just before half time and we just couldn't get the winner.

Danish Superliga: OB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 11.51.52.png
Size:  34.1 KB

Facing up against our local rivals OB, who offered me a job interview again in recent weeks! I said no and then Tanor smashed in a long ranger to win in their own backyard. Get in!

Danish Cup 3rd Round: Kjellerup vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 12.13.23.png
Size:  175.5 KB

A good, professional performance sees us win 4-1 despite Vermeulen grabbing two yellow cards in as many minutes.
    Onto the next round!

Danish Superliga: Randers FC vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 14.59.54.png
Size:  114.9 KB

Randers have been underperforming this year but they do love beating us. No matter what I try, we just can't catch a break. Oh well.

Monthly Review: Over a third of the way through and we are 3rd. within reach of 2nd but probably too far behind 1st. We look good! Just need to win more and not draw as many!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 15.23.13.png
Views: 165
Size:  229.9 KB

Player of the Month: Quickly becoming my favourite player, Thychosen One is at it again. I mean look at these stats so far this season!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 15.23.21.png
Size:  218.2 KB

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    Last edited by ManicBadja; 11/08/2017 at 06:19 PM.
    ninjaskill likes this.

8. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 126
Views: 297
    Naughty November
    Well, well, well. We come up against our newly made rivals in Copenhagen. The rivalry has been growing over the past few years but after the dramatic Cup Final last year, there is even more hostility from the Ultrafarts. A home fixture has made the headlines for weeks and the TV cameras are here for the game so let's do this.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Copenhagen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.12.59.png
Views: 127
Size:  70.5 KB

This is what football is all about. I know we beat them last year but they have yet again strengthened their squad and look unreal this year. Johansson bagged their opener and I thought we were going to get pummelled but to my delight, the boys rallied around and were very competitive. Solid defence and a slight tactical change meant that Vermeulen scored a dramatic late goal to get us a credible draw.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AGF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 11.09.29.png
Views: 127
Size:  100.8 KB

Kasper Junker is in contention for player of the year and he got them off the mark in the second half. We looked condemned to a defeat after Hvidt scored 10 minutes later and then the magic happened. A change to 4-4-2 and some key substitutes saw as score twice in 3 minutes to pull level! Definitely a point saved here as we probably deserved to lose.

Danish Superliga: Esbjerg FB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 11.44.27.png
Size:  119.0 KB

Chalk and cheese this game. Thyschosen scored 2 lovely goals and Sorensen chipped in a penalty. Unfortunate to concede late on but 3 points was needed and we got them.

Monthly review: Another undefeated month, sadly too many draws though. Only 5 points from a possible 9 sees us losing ground on both Copenhagen and Brondby. We need a good streak to stabilise our position for the season.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 11.58.05.png
Size:  230.1 KB

We only need a few wins to get to 2nd so I hope we can do that before the winter break. Only 3 games in December so let's go for 9 points!

Player of the Month: Victor Anker was signed as a back up goalkeeper but his performances this year have led to him being the first choice. Radza has not been anywhere near as good this year and Anker is training really well. He is my player of the month due to his attitude and work at training and performing in games.

UP. THE. FARTS!

Rushton and kolas79 like this.

9. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 97
Views: 267
    Decent December?
    The final push is on, we only have 3 games left before the winter break. I think if we get all 3 wins then we will look good for a top 3 finish come the end of the season.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Silkeborg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 13.49.08.png
Views: 96
Size:  100.1 KB

A very solid performance in a game we were favourites. After Hansen smashed in a long range effort, the game was about containing as Vossebelt saw red. We stayed strong and got the 3 points.

Danish Superliga: Hobro IK vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 14.37.55.png
Views: 96
Size:  156.0 KB

An eventful game which saw a lot of fouls in this hotly contested fixture. With only a few points separating the two teams this was seen as a 6 pointer. A win means we open the gap and close down Brondby. Rotational players Sorensen and Simonsen pitched in and we looked good for it.

Danish Superliga: AAB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 14.57.25.png
Views: 98
Size:  129.1 KB

AAB have always been a team that we tend to struggle against. This time around we looked dominant and saw the game out in classy fashion. Thychosen gets yet another goal and I am sure he has already scored more goals than our leading goalscorer last season Leon Nzoko.

Monthly Review: A perfect month sees us skip into 2nd place! Unreal considering we have been underestimated to finish in the relegation zone! They may as well hand over the trophy to Copenhagen now, with an 11 point lead it is going to take a miracle for us to win against a team that has dropped points on just 5 occasions.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 15.17.04.png
Size:  229.3 KB

Further evidence to show just how good Thychosen has been this season. He is a machine.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 15.17.13.png
Size:  219.8 KB

In other news, I got runner up in the Danish Manager of the Year but beat the Copenhagen boss Solbakken!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 15.29.54.png
Size:  89.1 KB

One of our players also got an award, Radza gets runner up Goalkeeper of the Year with his impressive performances during last year!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 15.30.46.png
Views: 98
Size:  128.9 KB

Player of the Month: I am really not sure about this, usually it is quite easy but I think Casper Lind at right back has done a great job against some good wingers. He gets my vote.

Onwards to the new year and the possibility of making the Champion's League places!

UP. THE. FARTS!
    Lippo255, ninjaskill and kolas79 like this.

10. Name:  Ekstra_Bladet_logo.png
Views: 77
Size:  4.2 KB

Middelfart boss to England?
    Although the winter may be cold and dark, the latest news from England is sure to get some Middelfart fans warmed up. Reports from various clubs in the Sky Bet Championship have reportedly contacted van der Westhuizen to invite him for an interview.

On a weekly basis there seems to be a new club being linked with the popular manager, who has achieved what many have said is unthinkable given the size and stature of Middelfart.

Hull, Swansea, QPR, Birmingham and Wigan have all offered van der Westhuizen an interview or have been linked with the Middelfart boss. In the coming weeks there are many that will be keeping an eye on the situation as speculation mounts given that van der Westhuizen's contract expires at the end of the season.

The question is being asked already, is it time for the promising manager to move on or is there more success to be had at Middelfart?

11. If you move... will you rename this thread?

12. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 160
Views: 329

February/March
    Yes! Winter is over and we have football back! This winter was tough, I am not going to lie. The last time I had to reject so many opportunities was when I was on Tinder in Middelfart. My reputation is growing in England and Championship clubs are desperate to have me move. As appealing as a huge club, with near unlimited resources and fans, it will not replace what I have built here. If I jump ship now I will always regret not finding out if I could dethrone Copenhagen. So I signed a new 2 year deal, got facilities upgraded again and got some more money in the transfer and wage kitty. Ready for the second stage of the season!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Viborg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 20.32.18.png
Views: 162
Size:  91.9 KB

After a mixed training camp in Algarve, we returned to one friendly which we drew against feeder club Naesby. Our first league game was up against bottom side Viborg. We looked a bit lethargic and needed a spark. Eventually Maehle broke through and gave us the lead, it only lasted for a minute until they scored. A disappointing draw where we should have won.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Sonderjyske
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 20.58.40.png
Views: 162
Size:  142.7 KB

Still not quite up to speed as we laboured to a marginal victory. Bad news as Hansen picks up an injury.

Danish Superliga: Brondby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 21.18.29.png
Views: 161
Size:  40.7 KB

Ouch. An away loss to our main competitors in the league is not good. We still do not look like we are back off holiday yet.

Danish Superliga: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 21.34.04.png
Size:  104.3 KB

A dramatic game that came to life in the second half. Maehle scores again just before half time and after going level, Thomsen chipped in with a goal of his own. He needs to be scoring more if he wants to stay at the club. Kevin Mayi scored for Nordsjaelland to make the home fans go mad, an enthralling game.

Danish Cup 4th Round: Middelfart vs FC Copenhagen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 21.43.14.png
Size:  118.2 KB

A rematch of last year's cup final. Sadly we were blown away, the quality was just too much. Cornelius has already scored 33 goals with today's included. Between him and Djurdjevic they are smashing it and we are out of the cup. Sad times really.

Monthly review: A disappointing month really as we were slow out the blocks. That momentum came to a head in the last game where we were run ragged and looked awful. Hoping to get out of this funk so that we can secure a better finish than last season.

Player of the Month: It is not often a player moans about their playing time and when given the opportunity, they thrive. Joakim Maehle has done just that. Probably our most consistent performer this month and by adding a couple of goals, he looks to have repaid my faith in him.

UP. THE. FARTS!!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    If you move... will you rename this thread?
    I can't move. I need to win the Superliga. It may take years, but I am determined to do it. Gotta stay loyal to the Farts.
    Rushton likes this.

14. Fair do's

When (not if!) you manage it, what then? Will you stick around and aim for European progression, or will you move on? And if you move on... will you be changing the thread title!?!?!

15. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Fair do's

When (not if!) you manage it, what then? Will you stick around and aim for European progression, or will you move on? And if you move on... will you be changing the thread title!?!?!
    Not really thought that far ahead if I am honest. Depending how long it takes to get the title I suppose. Perhaps look for a Euro Cup win. I reckon I will just end the story there and if I move clubs within the save, I will start a new thread if people want to follow.

16. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 140
Views: 309
    April
    With just a few games in the Champions Group to decide the final 6 positions in the league. Copenhagen have all but wrapped up the title and we are desperate to secure second so that we can mount a more serious challenge next season.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Middlfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 11.33.49.png
Size:  85.7 KB

He was seen as a liability but Thomsen has stepped up lately. He scores our first of two first half goals and we see the game out to secure the 3 points.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Brondby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 11.55.25.png
Views: 141
Size:  177.7 KB

What a comeback! Brondby have been neck and neck with us for second place and this game was important. 2-1 down at half time we went with a different approach tactically and I brought on Thomsen. 3-2 for the win! Get in!

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Middelfart vs Silkeborg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.24.50.png
Size:  89.9 KB

Our easiest game in comparison with the rest, Thomsen carries on his goal scoring form and has taken the shine off Thychosen as he has struggled for another goal. 2 goals is enough to secure the win.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Copenhagen vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.33.55.png
Views: 138
Size:  76.8 KB

Not much to say here but we held the relentless Cornelius and Djurdjevic at bay. A point is better than none!

Danish Superliga Champions Group: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 18.40.33.png
Views: 139
Size:  167.3 KB

Another impressive win and we beat them 2-0 for the second time in a month. This time around, Thychosen bags a goal to end his drought! Vossebelt scores a belter that gets goal of the week!

Monthly Review:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 18.47.30.png
Size:  105.4 KB
    Not a bad month at all. We opened a gap on Borndby but as expected Copenhagen secure yet another league title.
    A super month sees Kabongo and Andersen make the Team of the Month for the league.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 18.47.12.png
Views: 137
Size:  161.9 KB
    Copenhagen have secured their 7th straight title and are truly the dominant force in the country. Next season is going to be tough, but with the right additions we may be able to contest and give them a bit more of a go of things.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 18.46.01.png
Views: 137
Size:  151.8 KB

Player of the Month: Got to be Thomsen. He has been criticised for his lack of goals and 3 goals as a sub see him lead the way for me.

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    Lippo255, ninjaskill and Rushton like this.

17. Copenhagen just too good mate, at least this year anyway. The farts have definitely made some noise and turned a few heads though I'm sure......
    Rushton and ManicBadja like this.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    Copenhagen just too good mate, at least this year anyway. The farts have definitely made some noise and turned a few heads though I'm sure......
    Love the puns! We did indeed make some noise and showed we weren't as shit as people thought. Our fans have been gassed up about this season and will be browning out any nay-sayers for our title hopes next year!
    Lippo255 likes this.

19. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 105
Views: 274
    The run in
    Only a few more games left to secure 2nd place and start working on the next season. It has been yet another incredible season, we have drawn a few more games than last year but our points tally is set to be a record high although we have not won as many games. Let's get this season done with so that we can hunt down Copenhagen.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Middelfart vs Lyngby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 19.55.09.png
Size:  76.9 KB

The next game sees us take on Lyngby and we sorted the result by half time. A dominant 2-0 lead was all we needed and we saw the remainder of the game out in a very professional fashion, never looking like we were going to concede.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Middelfart vs Brondby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 20.12.27.png
Size:  80.0 KB

With one eye on the summer holidays, second place confirmed and the shite weather to boot, we didn't really look like turning Brondby over in this fixture. It wasn't an awful performance but we looked ok for the most part.

In other news, our second team has won their first trophy! It is proof that our depth is improving in quality and the improvements to the facilities is paying off.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 20.14.27.png
Views: 104
Size:  93.9 KB

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Silkeborg IF vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 20.35.42.png
Size:  72.9 KB

It is games like this that make me hopeful of a manager of the year award. I brought on Jake Bruce as a super sub, changed our instructios to play wider and look to whip crosses and it worked. A late winner sees us steal 3 points.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Lyngby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 21.16.17.png
Size:  80.3 KB

I can't explain these games. We change very little in terms of tactics and we blow away Lyngby with 4 goals after going behind. Thomsen adds to his tally and I hope has convinced the board that he is worth the money we spent on him.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Middelfart vs Copenhagen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 21.28.45.png
Size:  92.3 KB

Last game of the season sees us up against Copenhagen yet again. Our main competitors just have so much quality that we struggled to stay competitive. Djurdjevic scores against us yet again. We will need to shut him down better next year.

Monthly Review: By this stage of the season it is easy to lose focus, we were competitive but eased off a bit seeing as we cemented our position already and there was little else to play for. A good month indeed and we were in the zone for most of the time. Andersen was in the zone and the youngster made the Team of the Month. He is therefore my Player of the Month.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 21.31.51.png
Size:  153.9 KB

End of Season Review: Often my favourite time of the season as we overachieve. No difference on this occasion as we start with the end of season awards. Alexander Molberg is a real crowd favourite and with his third consecutive Player of the Season award, he has become a leader amongst men. My vote would have gone to Thychosen, but it's not all about me!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 21.34.10.png
Size:  141.4 KB

The press have been really surprised with our fortunes this season and we have gained a lot of support and applause due to our never say die attitude. A top two finish was an amazing achievement considering the scale of the club.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 21.34.36.png
Views: 103
Size:  120.8 KB

In the season's official review we were selected as the 'biggest overachievers' a very nice title to possess. We will look to overachieve yet again next year and hopefully dethrone Copenhagen.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 22.09.43.png
Views: 103
Size:  254.2 KB

Onwards and upwards for the Farts as we look to topple the Copenhagen hold on the country. Champions League is a possibility for us next year too!

Exciting times!
    UP! THE! FARTS!!

20. I'm confused. It says you were runners-up in the league, but then in the "Biggest Overachievers" bit it says you finished 3rd...?

Either way, fine job and I look foward to following your attempts to Fart your way past Kobenhavn!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    I'm confused. It says you were runners-up in the league, but then in the "Biggest Overachievers" bit it says you finished 3rd...?

Either way, fine job and I look foward to following your attempts to Fart your way past Kobenhavn!
    Weird, I just noticed that when you said. We definitely finished 2nd in the league! Thanks for the support!

22. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 147
Views: 360
    Summer

The seasons here seem to take longer than usual. With the winter months to reflect, the long cold nights make it feel like an eternity. When we then resume play it seems like the season is crammed and by the end of June we only have 4-5 weeks to get a pre-season in, sort out transfers and get the club ready.

I decided to take some personal time and travel to Copenhagen. The city that has been so dominant in the football world.
    Name:  amager_aquare_ty_stange.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  67.5 KB

As I wander through the crowded streets and the busy market, I just keep thinking "How do we compete with this?". Compare all aspects of Copenhagen to Middelfart and we are the equivalent of a mouse to an elephant. The only way we can challenge them is by beating them on the day and taking as many points from the other games as possible, we will need something like an unbeaten season or something. A tough ask.

Stay with me on this report but as so much has changed, I wanted to take a breath and show you all where the squad is. There have been some changes.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.06.41.png
Size:  575.0 KB

17 changes to be exact. The most notable perhaps are our 2 long time servants Casper Vaerum and Peter Jul Nielsen. The rest of the transfers were purely not good enough or did not deserve their wages. I would very much like to stay within my wage budget this season. Tough but not unrealistic.

Squad Report
    So to get everyone up to speed I present you the first team.

Goalkeepers:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.02.07.png
Views:	151
Size:	499.3 KB
ID:	1125009Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.02.28.png
Views:	149
Size:	496.2 KB
ID:	1125010
    Casper Radza will take the number 1 jersey and will become Middelfart's leading appearance holder. Dannevang was free, cheap and will be a solid back up.

Right Back

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.02.38.png
Views:	148
Size:	506.1 KB
ID:	1125012Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.04.02.png
Views:	150
Size:	506.3 KB
ID:	1125014
    Good depth in this position as we bring in Vermijl to replace last year's loanee Lind. Vermijl looks quality and will be our first choice. As a back up we also have Maehle, who has been solid and can also play further up as a winger.

Centre Back

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.03.05.png
Size:	494.2 KB
ID:	1125015Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.03.18.png
Size:	499.5 KB
ID:	1125017Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.03.30.png
Size:	489.3 KB
ID:	1125018Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.03.41.png
Views:	152
Size:	504.9 KB
ID:	1125019
    We have refined and boosted the centre of the defence. We still have Kabongo and Christensen from last year but we also add on a permanent bases Alexander Molberg. Our 3 time player of the year has signed along with a Dutch beast called Daryl Werker. The strength and quality is better than last year so hopefully we can build from the back.

Left Back

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.03.52.png
Size:	506.5 KB
ID:	1125020Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.02.53.png
Views:	146
Size:	511.5 KB
ID:	1125021
    At left back we have 2 options. Hojer was so good for us last year he kept Nielsen out of this position. Zanotti has been out on loan the last few seasons but I want to give him a go here this year.

Centre Midfield

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.04.12.png
Views:	147
Size:	500.5 KB
ID:	1125022Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.04.21.png
Size:	507.4 KB
ID:	1125023

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.04.32.png
Size:	505.3 KB
ID:	1125024
    Our holding players this year will be the formidable African pairing of Rutikanga and Tanor. They join the Danish Hansen to make for stiff competition for that holding, playmaking role.

Right Midfield
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.05.03.png
Size:  488.2 KB

Named the signing of the season last year, Travljanin will be the first choice player here. Although we have no out and out players in this position as a back up, we have got 4 other players that can fill in here.

Attacking Midfield

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.05.21.png
Size:	515.8 KB
ID:	1125027Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.05.11.png
Size:	512.3 KB
ID:	1125028

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.05.32.png
Views:	153
Size:	505.7 KB
ID:	1125029
    Another 3 players to fight for their places. The quality is here as well, with two Dutchmen leading the way and hopefully showing our promising youngster Andersen how to develop to the next step. The new signing here was Mitchell Paulissen who arrives on a free. He has all the stats and versatility to be a real problem for the opposition so let's hope he delivers.

Left Midfield

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.04.43.png
Size:	513.2 KB
ID:	1125025Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.05.55.png
Size:	500.0 KB
ID:	1125035
    Perhaps our strongest position. With Thychosen looking to build on a great first season we also draft in former Manchester City, Lorenzo Gonzalez who looks just great. He can play as an attacking player on the left and right wing as well as striker if needed.

Striker

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.04.54.png
Size:	506.1 KB
ID:	1125034Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.05.44.png
Size:	513.7 KB
ID:	1125038

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.06.05.png
Size:	505.3 KB
ID:	1125039
    The trio competition continues for the top as we present two new signings to go with Thomsen from last year. Clive Watt signs on a free and looks to be really ready for the season. The Irishman will hopefully bring us luck and goals. Per Lanng is our final striker, the youngster will be mainly rotational but he has time on his side as well as potential.

Backroom
    We have the same staff in the background of the club and will be focusing our energy on getting the most out of our players this season.

To add a bit more fuel to the flame, we have just been drawn for our first Champion's League game.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 15.33.33.png
Views: 151
Size:  112.1 KB

Tasty.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!
    Lippo255 likes this.

23. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 343
    July
    With hardly a moment's respite, we gather our kit to prepare for the opening game of the season. We want to see how many points we can pick up to start strongly but I feel like the team needs more time to gel.

Danish Superliga: Lyngby vs Middelfart

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 10.25.11.png
Views: 145
Size:  119.4 KB

Early doors we did not look well at all. The team looks like they have never played together, well most haven't but still. This needs to change.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs HB Koge
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 16.11.54.png
Size:  113.1 KB

Up against newly promoted Koge. I thought this had 3 points all over it but we again fell below expectations. Watts scored his first goal for the club before we conceded before the half way point.

Champions League Qualifier: CSKA Moscow vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 16.27.11.png
Views: 143
Size:  78.7 KB

Last season saw Middelfart in Europe for the first time. This year we are in the Champions League for the first time. Up against Russian juggernauts CSKA. All the way to Russia to get beaten is what most thought. Gonzalez has other plans. After going behind we set up a bit more attacking and the pressure paid off. We have an away goal to play with and looked good value for it!

Danish Superliga: Esbjerg FB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 16.44.33.png
Views: 144
Size:  63.7 KB

We were not meant to win this one at all. We have not looked good so far apart from CSKA and that game seemed to spur us on. An early penalty from Hansen set the tone before they grab a goal before half time. Hansen then smashed in a 22 yard screamer for the win!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 16.46.06.png
Views: 148
Size:  98.7 KB

Monthly Review: A tough start indeed but a glimpse of hope in Europe. Our next game sees us at home versus CSKA so we will try our best.

Player of the Month: An easy decision to make when others are off the pace here. Hansen has been a breath of fresh air.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 16.46.13.png
Size:  162.1 KB

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    Lippo255 likes this.

24. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 129
Size:  16.1 KBMiddelfart - let's not follow through-champoleague.png

Champions League Special

Welcome to this very special presentation of the Champions League qualifier featuring Middelfart and CSKA Moscow.
    Somehow Middelfart actually have a chance to progress here grabbing a vital away goal in the 1-1 draw in the first leg. The return fixture has created an excitement that has never been seen before in Middelfart. The little town is making preparations to host the thousands of travelling Russian fans.

So here we are at the Vejle Stadion. Usually we would be at Middelfart's own stadium but due to seating regulations not being met we take the short trip to Vejle to fit in this bumper 7,567 strong crowd. The weather conditions are as good as they get in Denmark, quite warm at 23 degrees with a strong breeze.

Team news to bring you, not that many changes for either side apart from Mads Dohr Thyschosen coming into the team after a long injury lay off. The inclusion of last year's top scorer for Middelfart will give the home fans a big boost.

The teams are out, all the formalities are done and we are ready for kick off!

4 Minutes: Early on and Middelfart are pressing their advantage. They seem to have caught CSKA off guard with a strong, direct start. The ball is wide with Andersen who whips in a cross, the ball just misses over the head of Thychosen but falls to GONNZAALLLEZZ!!! OH WHAT A GOAL! He has scored against CSKA yet again! He catches the ball on the volley and hits it right into the roof of the goal. A fairytale start for Middelfart!
    34 Minutes: Dangerous counter attack here by CSKA, Cafu has been the stand out player for them so far and here he is driving through the heart of midfield, cutting inside and out. Shoots! Saved by Radza but not held and GOAALLL!! Cafu gets the rebound! He wheels away celebrating and the scores are level!
    45 Minutes: That is it for the first half and the pressure is building. The next goal will be vital in this game, whoever scores it will have an advantage.

54 Minutes: A nervous opening to this second half. The referee blows his whistle. A hard challenge there by CSKA's Ramos who goes into the book here.
    57 Minutes: Middelfart on the move again here on the right wing, the crosses have been flying in all day. Another looping effort towards the back post and it's THYCHOSEN!! HE SCORES!! Back after a long spell on the sidelines through injury, has he just become a hero for Middelfart!?
    61 Minutes: Now behind, CSKA seem to have woken up. The passing tempo has gotten quicker and they are pressing higher up. Cafu is on the ball yet again, cuts back inside to dink over a lovely little pass to find Olanare. He has time here and is all alone! GOALL!!!! This game is blown wide open! A dramatic equaliser means that CSKA will go through as things stand! Heartbreak for Middelfart who got so close last year too!
    68 Minutes: This is just impressive, Middelfart just don't know when they are beat. The last 5 minutes have seen them up their game as their manager has been furiously shouting instructions from the sidelines. They have been working harder. Tanor steals the ball in midfield and passes it up to Thychosen, Andersen is bombing forward on the counter attack. If Thychosen can find him... He does! Andersen takes a touch and hits it! OH MY WORD! What a goal!! He must have hit that from 30 yards out! Middelfart lead CSKA!

FULL TIME! They have only gone and done it! After parking the bus for the last 20 minutes, little club Middelfart have yet again overcome the odds and progressed to the next round! Sensational stuff!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 23.15.40.png
Views: 130
Size:  141.0 KB

We go through to the studio for the draw for the next round. None of these fixtures are appealing for Middelfart as the other teams in the draw are mammoths in comparison. They will hope for a good draw to attract as many fans as possible and hopefully put on a show.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 23.17.30.png
Views: 129
Size:  116.5 KB

What a draw! Middelfart will take on Liverpool! There will be much excitement in Middelfart as it is rumoured their manager is a lifelong Red and playing against his favourite club must be a dream come true!

Lippo255 and kolas79 like this.

25. Massive win mate! Was going to make a joke about the farts blowing them away but decided against it

Going to be a huge tie against the 'pool. Best of luck.
    ManicBadja likes this.

26. I'm not beyond making that joke however so it's time for you to blow those Scousers away.

Good luck!
    Lippo255 and ManicBadja like this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    Massive win mate! Was going to make a joke about the farts blowing them away but decided against it

Going to be a huge tie against the 'pool. Best of luck.
    Possibly the best one yet! I am no where near as confident to beat Liverpool. They have such a strong team!

28. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I'm not beyond making that joke however so it's time for you to blow those Scousers away.

Good luck!
    Glad someone else can lower the tone too. I will need all the luck I can get!

29. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 72
Views: 276

August
    This month may well be the longest in our history of the club. With so many fixtures, we will be lucky to get a good run of form. Of course we have got a big tie against Liverpool in the Champions League.

Danish Superliga: FC Midtjylland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 10.07.33.png
Views: 72
Size:  87.0 KB

Not much to say here. I suppose the positive is that we got a point and kept a clean sheet.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 10.30.13.png
Views: 71
Size:  88.9 KB

In the form that we have been in I was pleasantly surprised to steal the 3 points here. Nordsjaelland have been doing well and we have now gone above them in the league.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Copenhagen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 10.48.03.png
Size:  91.5 KB

Copenhagen have started off undefeated this year, shock. This was our chance to peg them back a bit. We looked good value for the draw until Hansen decides to whip out one of his worldies. A cracking effort gives us the lead and the win!

Champions League: Middelfart vs Liverpool
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 13.18.27.png
Size:  135.4 KB

A victory was never likely. The best case scenario would be a goalless draw and then maybe steal one away from home. There was just too big of a gulf in class. Coutinho on his own earns more than 4 times my entire squad budget a week. With the players they have it was just a matter of time, we held out until the second half but then the chances turned into goals.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 13.18.42.png
Size:  71.5 KB

In the end we showed out quality but it was not anywhere near to their quality. We will have to rely on a miracle to score 3 goals at Anfield.

Danish Superliga: AGF vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 18.29.44.png
Size:  45.1 KB

After conceding we looked beaten. Our second string team had to fight on and Clive Watts scored his first goal for the club! We tried pushing for the win but came up short. Still get the point though!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 18.49.56.png
Size:  38.9 KB

In a second team match our Captain Vermeulen got seriously injured and for the first time in my career it seems that this could mean he considers retiring.

Champions League: Liverpool vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 19.00.51.png
Size:  171.4 KB

The dream is over but it has been phenomenal. All the 119 travelling fans packed their flares and singing voices. The result mirrored that of the first leg and we kept it level in the first half. With the like of Mane on form it was hard to keep it that way let alone mount a serious attack. A lovely trip and one I will remember!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 19.01.03.png
Size:  150.0 KB

The players at their disposal was frightening but I felt that we gave a good account of ourselves and represent Denmark well!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 19.01.33.png
Size:  31.6 KB

A major bonus was the extra funds we secured through the tournament and we got more for qualifying into the Europa League places too!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 19.05.59.png
Size:  29.7 KB

Nearly £5 million for our efforts which see our overall funding doubled easily. Hopefully this will give the board some confidence to invest more in the transfer market.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 19.07.26.png
Size:  81.9 KB

We have been handed quite a tough group. It will be a challenge getting any points at all but trips away to Ajax and Wolfsburg will be amazing! Not too keen on Russia though.

Danish Superliga: Sonderjyske vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 19.19.36.png
Size:  148.8 KB

Our final game of a very long month sees us take on Sonderjyske and the big Rudy Gestede. It took a long time to break through but what a way to do it! Paulissen scores his first for the club via a thunderous freekick. Thychosen is slowly getting back into the groove of things as he picks up a goal after his return from injury. A solid win that sees us move further up the table!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 19.40.24.png
Size:  158.1 KB

The performances of Radza, Kabongo and Paulissen have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to see them make the Team of the week.

Monthly Review: Perhaps one of the biggest months the club has had! We are the sole representative of Denmark in European competition and have done well in the league. The extra money is a massive bonus too! Copenhagen have dropped points this month and are still in touching distance! We may have a chance this year!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 19.42.07.png
Size:  224.2 KB

Player of the Month: Radza has been huge in nets this month. I know he conceded 4 against Liverpool but we could have shipped 8 easily if it wasn't for his efforts.

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    Lippo255 and naterr like this.

30. OMG! Mat Ryan is 'pool's keeper!

I mean, bad luck mate. At least the financial windfall should do wonders for the farts and there is still the Europa league to look forward too, not to mention trying to reign in Copenhagen.
    ManicBadja likes this.

31. I know! He actually looks decent too! Karius has gone to City! Not sure about Mignolet though. It was tough but if we won I think it would have been too difficult to get out the group. Europa League is there as you say so I hope we can bring in some more money and stink out the opposition
    Lippo255 likes this.

32. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 1
Views: 933

September
    The season is well and truly underway and we look all right actually. Not as dominant in terms of goal scoring, however we have secured the points. This month is all about the Europa League group stage and maintaining the pace in the league set by Copenhagen.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Hobro IK
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 22.55.00.png
Views: 11
Size:  80.0 KB

A disappointing result as we were clear favourites. We only managed a draw but loanee Jensen scores again.

Europa League Group Stages: Ajax vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 16.39.57.png
Size:  140.4 KB

There are stadiums you dream of playing in, and for me Ajax is up there. The crowd was amazing, the whole 60,000 of them. We set up to contain them and hit on the counter but their quality was far too much. 2 goals ahead I thought we were in with a shout when substitute Thomsen scored an away goal for us. If we could just hold on we may get another goal for a point. It was not to be as they turned it on again to score another 2. 4-1 is a tough scoreline considering but they did dominate the game so it is fair.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs OB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 15.14.23.png
Size:  69.7 KB

Time to face our local rivals. What a game. Never have I seen a player nearly score a hat trick of penalties and Jensen did just that. I thought he was nailed on to do it but he skied the final spot kick over the bar. We will take the 3 points and the bragging rights.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 15.16.03.png
Size:  45.8 KB

Bore draw. We should have put them to bed but instead we shat the bed.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 15.28.47.png
Size:  92.3 KB

Brondby are hot on our heels, this loss hurt. They leapfrog us un the league and it showed that our potent strike force is still not there. We need goalscorers.

Europa League Group Stage: Middelfart vs Krasnodar
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 15.43.47.png
Size:  63.4 KB

Due to seating regulations we host Jrasnodar at OB's home stadium. Paulissen produced an absolute worldie to get us the only goal of the game. A sweet strike on the half volley into the top corner saw the fans explode with joy and excitement. 3 points in the group and our very first European group stage win!

Monthly Review:
    Many would be thrilled with our progress but I am unconvinced. We should be higher up and finishing games better. We already have 5 draws to match the wins but the dropped points concerns me the most. As for Europe, I am loving the challenge but we won't expect any fireworks.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 15.45.09.png
Size:  223.3 KB

Copenhagen have not been their ruthless selves and are within reaching distance. They have a similar record to us but it shows what difference wins make over draws.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 15.45.24.png
Size:  45.6 KB

People thought we would be fodder in this group but we have gone and got ourselves 3 points!

Player of the Month: A very tough choice as there were no outstanding players. Jensen scored 3 goals for us which was a plus but my vote goes to Radza. Our goalkeeper was immense, he saved most of the 28 shots against Ajax and played well in the league. Hope he can keep this up.

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    Lippo255 and naterr like this.

33. Congrats on the first ever European win

Weirdly enough, way back in the day I once had Van Nistelrooy score 4 goals in a game - all four being penalties. Must've been a strange match.
    ManicBadja likes this.

34. Thanks man, I was thinking surely he is going to grab a hat trick here as the first two were in the top left corner. Not to be sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Congrats on the first ever European win

Weirdly enough, way back in the day I once had Van Nistelrooy score 4 goals in a game - all four being penalties. Must've been a strange match.

35. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 5
Views: 340
    October
    It doesn't feel right. We have played so many games already and we are only in October. Some big European games this month and we are in with a real chance of chasing down Copenhagen!
    Let's get to it!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Silkeborg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 15.58.20.png
Size:  50.6 KB

Up against stragglers Silkeborg, we looked good. Jensen opened the scoring, shortly followed by Thychosen who has been very off in comparison with his antics last year. Not much to mention otherwise, we get the 3 points and move up the table!
    Our neighbours have also done us a massive favour by beating Copenhagen!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 12.02.55.png
Size:  42.4 KB

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Lyngby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 08.59.45.png
Size:  67.3 KB

It took until the second half for us to get going but when we did, wow! Jensen bagged a brace within minutes and to add insult to injury, we capped off a wonderful flowing move with Gonzalez ending his 15 hour goal drought.

Middelfart - let's not follow through-europa-league-logo.png
    Europa League Group Stage: Wolfsburg vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 14.55.23.png
Size:  101.0 KB

Football can be such a cruel game! We were huge underdogs. We held them, contained, defended well. Then a moment of brilliance. Kabongo hits a long ball from the heart of defence, over the strikers. I mishit clearance falls to Paulissen who blasts it into the goal! WE ARE AHEAD!! That lasted for all of 2 minutes, as in the very next attack Wollscheid scores off a corner. Unfortunately away goals don't count for much but we get the point! A long shot at qualification, but not an easy task!

Danish Superliga: HB Koge vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 20.39.19.png
Size:  78.6 KB

For whatever reason, we have always struggled to beat Koge, especially at home. Andersen was the man to change our fortunes. Just before half time, he slots home the eventual winner! 3 more points!

Danish Cup Third Round: AAB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 21.06.27.png
Size:  115.0 KB

AAB were relegated last year I believe and are smashing it in the First Division so we were actually underdogs. Jensen scored another worldie to add to his 2 goals. Hansen also chipped in and we looked good all the way through. Another win, another clean sheet.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Esbjerg FB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 21.21.52.png
Size:  118.7 KB

A real Jekyll and Hyde performance from Rutikanga. He pops in a 30 yard screamer for his first ever Middelfart goal and the very next minute he picks up his second yellow! We set up to defend but actually managed another goal through the prolific Jensen! Very nice indeed!

Monthly Review:
    A very strong month indeed. This will be a defining moment in the season. With Copenhagen dropping points and us going unbeaten in the league, we have won all 4 games taking the maximum points. We are level with Copenhagen and will need to maintain this high performance to match them all season.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 21.22.42.png
Size:  227.7 KB

Player of the Month: Last month it was hard to choose as there was no one really standing out, this month there are too many to choose from.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 21.24.57.png
Size:  165.6 KB

4 of our players make the Team of the Month showing our strength across the park as we have a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and striker in among the team.

The stand out player for me is Jensen. The loanee has been firing in goals, good goals too. Well done Troels.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!
    Last edited by ManicBadja; 01/09/2017 at 09:35 AM.
    Lippo255 likes this.

36. Looking good - keep it going! Those matches against Kobenhavn are gonna be seriously big...
    ManicBadja likes this.

37. Things are getting seriously tense! Let's hope the Farts can keep the good form flowing and knock Copenhagen down a peg or 2!
    ManicBadja likes this.

38. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 4
Views: 291
    November
    The chase is on. We are hot on the heels of FC Copenhagen and we are within striking distance to leapfrog them for the lead. Let's get to it!

Europa League Group Stage: Middelfart vs Wolfsburg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 09.40.52.png
Size:  141.4 KB

A very long shot of qualification from the group stages but nights like tonight show we mean business. Total underdogs took the game to a vastly more experienced team and we got a credible draw!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Midtjylland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 12.38.45.png
Size:  39.1 KB

Up against the strong Midtjylland we looked very good. Jensen banged in 2 goals before half time to give us the win and all three points!

Danish Superliga: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 15.59.26.png
Size:  93.7 KB

Phew! In a game that looked to be getting away from us, Jensen saved us by slotting home a quality strike to give us the win!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 16.00.27.png
Size:  49.5 KB

A shame really. Vermeulen was a real bargain, signing on a free and making a big impact in the attacking midfield role. This is a first for me too, I have not had a player retire due to injury before.

Europa League Group Stage: Middelfart vs Ajax
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 16.47.21.png
Size:  113.8 KB

We again showed we can punch it out with the big boys but fell just short. A late goal credited Ajax with a deserved win. They are sure to qualify now and we need a win in the next game and lots of goals and hope Wolfsburg ose to take second place and qualify.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 22.47.57.png
Size:  90.1 KB

It's official. Quite a career for the Dutchman. Glad he was a part of our story here.

Danish Superliga: FC Copenhagen vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.17.17.png
Size:  142.6 KB

In what has been a massive build up, the game disappointed somewhat. We were very happy to hold them as they battered us, but a win would have really kicked them in the knackers.

Danish Superliga: Hobro IK vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.32.08.png
Size:  142.9 KB

The last game of a long month. Very nearly didn't work out, despite having more men we left it late for Paulissen to smash in one of his trademark free kicks.

Monthly Review: A very good month. We have maintained the pressure on Copenhagen and this is turning into a two horse race.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.56.58.png
Size:  231.9 KB

Player of the Month: Troels Jensen. What a guy. Scoring freely and has won us games single-handedly.

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    kolas79 likes this.

39. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 2
Views: 282
    December
    Only a handful of games this month as we wind down for the winter break. Our aim is to try and finish above Copenhagen and hopefully trim the squad and make some good additions for the next stage of the season.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AGF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.07.21.png
Size:  113.5 KB

AGF are a good side and despite that we should have battered them. In fact the Mayor of Middelfart has imposed a ban on dog owners taking their pets for a walk, given the fact that nobody in Middelfart can hold onto a fucking lead.
    Dropped points.

Europa League Group Stage: Krasnodar vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.21.27.png
Size:  87.1 KB

Our last hurrah in Europe this season. A win in style sees us with an off chance of qualifying. It all depends on the Wolfsburg vs Ajax result.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.21.45.png
Size:  43.5 KB

Fuck. They drew. If Ajax won we would have gone through. Nonetheless, incredibly proud of our achievement we did not disappoint.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Sonderjyske
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.33.49.png
Size:  147.1 KB

Another close call! After Andersen grabbed his second yellow it looked like we were going to be beaten. Substitute on Thychosen One and he bangs in two to win the game!

Monthly Review: A near perfect month, apart from that fucking AGF game. On the other hand....
    WE ARE TOP OF THE DAMN LEAGUE!!

End of year awards incoming:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.55.13.png
Size:  94.2 KB

Absolute joke that Jensen got this. Only the Champions had a better win record than us and we have been class. Biased bastards.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.55.39.png
Size:  128.2 KB

Little ol' Radza up there with the big boys! So much is my admiration I have given the lad a new contract.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.57.05.png
Size:  128.8 KB

Player of the Month: Thychosen One has been very quiet this season but his cameo in that last game was a beauty.

UP. THE. FARTS!!

40. Name:  sky-sports-news-UK-logo.png
Views: 257
Size:  40.5 KB

Middelfart boss to England?
    In the past couple of years the stock of manager van der Westhuizen has risen significantly in England. So much so that it has been rumoured that he has been offered several high profile interviews with clubs in England.

Having dismissed speculation when asked in the press, the board must be relieved that their manager is staying. This could however be very different in the coming weeks. The situation is complex but very intriguing.

FC Copenhagen boss Solbaken has taken over charge at Southampton leaving the role vacant, van der Westhuizen is the favourite for the job. With the offer of a bigger role from Copenhagen, Fulham, Swansea, QPR and Birmingham will the loyalty of the popular manager change?

To add fuel to the fire, an inside source has indicated an argument within the club. With van der Westhuizen asking for more money to strengthen the squad for a title push, the board have surprisingly stated "Due to the underperformance this year, we feel that a manager under scrutiny like yourself should not be given additional money".

This has reportedly made van der Westhuizen furious. Rightly so it would seem as the manager has worked wonders to make the club competitive and has also seen and increase in profit in the last 6 months amounting to nearly £7 million.

Whatever the outcome, we are in for an exciting second half of the season.

41. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 316
    March

The winter months always seem to take forever. Whilst we were all recovering in front of log fires, I was scurrying to get some business done in the transfer window but there was no such luck. Funds are very tight and the board will not budge with spending money.

Danish Superliga: Randers FC vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 15.23.28.png
Size:  33.9 KB

A bit of rust as we stumbled to a 0-0 draw against a Randers side we should really be beating.

Danish Superliga: OB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 15.32.21.png
Views: 6
Size:  49.9 KB

I do love a sneaky 1-0 win. Gonzalez has been a bit hit and miss but seems to prefer the 4-4-2 formation so that he has someone up top with him. A win will do us!

Danish Superliga: Silkeborg vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 17.57.02.png
Size:  61.4 KB

ARGH! So annoying, we should have won this but they upped their game. I suppose we didn't lose but I would have much rather we won seeing these are supposed to beat.

Danish Cup Fourth Round: AGF vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 10.18.56.png
Size:  89.8 KB

AGF came into this game as favourites but after 6 minutes and a 2-0 lead, we changed that quickly. Paulissen put in the performance of his life, he was unplayable. We smashed them and thoroughly deserved the win, much to the delight of our 17 away fans..

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 16.14.31.png
Size:  125.6 KB

A very busy match to finish the month ahead of the international break. Collins Tanor popped in a rare goal and then on the other end of the scale Jensen popped in yet another. The referee was kept very busy. 3 points!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 16.18.10.png
Size:  48.3 KB

It has taken some time but I have finally completed all my coaching badges. Not bad considering I started off on basically the lowest level of coaching!

Monthly Review:
    A very good month but not the best. We should have picked up more points but we are where we are. TOP OF THE LEAGUE! It is a slender lead of 1 point but with some luck and if we stay focused, we could make this top spot our own.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 16.22.06.png
Size:  103.2 KB

Player of the Month: Troels Jensen. What a man. We got him on loan from Napoli, they are somehow not renewing his contract so we are working to bring him here permanently on a free!

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    Lippo255 likes this.

42. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 312

April

Compared to last month, this month is going to be proper busy. With a number of fixtures, we need to stay competitives as we enter the Champions Phase of the Superliga and look to push on in the Danish cup too.
    Best get to it!

Danish Superliga: Esbjerg vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 17.26.26.png
Size:  73.5 KB

Hopefully an indication of the month as we start as we mean to go on. Jensen scores another worldie, smashing in the winner from 20 yards.

Danish Cup Quarter Final: OB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 19.33.16.png
Size:  158.9 KB

Jensen has really stepped it up a gear in recent months. His two goals here managed to be the difference. A late rally from OB was not enough.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 20.39.34.png
Size:  107.4 KB

Brondby away filled me with anxiety but when the whistle went, my worries were soon calmed. We were dominant. Gonzalez has been hit and miss but after a long drought he has finally scored another Jensen decides to pop in another 2 goals. Middelfart fans chanting his name "HE SCORES WHEN HE WANTS!"

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Copenhagen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 20.54.19.png
Size:  64.4 KB

This is it. The 6 pointer. Sadly we matched each other and in truth, we held on. A draw suits us fine, no ground lost.

Good news ahead of our next game. Little ol Randers have beaten Copenhagen! A gap is appearing!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 21.50.08.png
Size:  37.4 KB

Danish Superliga: FC Midtjylland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 21.48.48.png
Size:  51.3 KB

The gap was not widened as we were unable to beat the Wolves. All the points count though!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 21.49.53.png
Size:  40.3 KB

A lovely new record by our very own Radza. He has been the ever-preset from the very start of this journey. Right up the leagues and now breaking records.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers FC
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 22.02.18.png
Size:  68.1 KB

Randers have done us a favour but we tried to get the better of them to get the win. Solid defence meant we were held for our third consecutive 0-0. I hope these dropped points won't cost us.

Danish Cup Semi Final: Middelfart vs FC Midtjylland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 22.11.09.png
Size:  76.9 KB

Up against the Wolves yet again. A goalless draw was the result a few games ago. The cup was different. Troels Jensen took the game by the scruff of the neck and got us the breakthrough! We are going to the final!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Esbjerg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 22.20.00.png
Size:  116.1 KB

It feels like we have played the same teams all month, a final game of the month against Esbjerg sees Jensen score yet again and we get the 3 points!

Monthly Review:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 22.22.07.png
Size:  107.8 KB

A really good month and with Copenhagen slipping up, we have moved a bit further clear! One more month to potentially cause the biggest shock in Danish football. Can we do it?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 22.22.23.png
Size:  259.8 KB

An undefeated month. Good going!

Player of the month: No doubt it's Jensen. He really has played well and I am pleased to confirm that he will be joining on a permanent basis!

UP. THE. FARTS!!!
    Lippo255 likes this.

43. Very good month there mate. Starting to get some breathing room at the top! Last month was good as well. Bet those 17 fans were glad they made the trip for the AGF match!
    ManicBadja likes this.

44. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    Very good month there mate. Starting to get some breathing room at the top! Last month was good as well. Bet those 17 fans were glad they made the trip for the AGF match!
    Thanks man, was quite difficult to tinker the formations and not go all out. Definitely being more cautious. On a serious note, I am annoyed by the fans aspect. I know Middelfart is a small place but given the growing stature of the team I would have thought the fan base would have grown to match this!
    Lippo255 likes this.

45. just read all this, great story. looking forward to seeing you lift the title!
    ManicBadja likes this.

46. Quote Originally Posted by TheBattman View Post
    just read all this, great story. looking forward to seeing you lift the title!
    Thanks man, it has been some journey!

47. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 269

May
    This is it sports fans. The final few games. Make or break. Can we win the league and break the hoodoo?
    What better way to start the month than a game vs the reigning champions!

Danish Superliga: Copenhagen vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 22.35.31.png
Size:  132.5 KB

Jesus. Last time time I saw this much yellow was when Olga smiled at me at the fish market. A very intense game where former Hammers man Nordveit got sent off. Clive Watts scored an absolute screamer. He hit it so hard the ball nearly burst! Surely the league is ours now just need one more win I think!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 11.54.54.png
Size:  92.4 KB

YEYYEESSSSSS WE ARE FUCKING CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 11.55.17.png
Size:  129.2 KB

7 years. 7 long years where Copenhagen have dominated, until us.
    Now onto the Cup final!

Danish Cup Final
    Silkeborg vs Middelfart

Welcome to this special presentation of the Danish Cup Final. Middelfart come into this game as slight favourites, but with the surprises we have had this season, never write off an underdog!
    Just shy of 20,000 fans here as we wait for Kick off.

Kick off: We are underway as Middelfart get us started!
    24 Minutes: A relatively quiet first opening stage, Middelfart have the ball but no real chances yet.
    43 Minutes: A real chance here as the passing picks up speed from Middelfart's midfielders, Hansen plays it out onto Thychosen on the left. Low cross into the box, JENSENNN!!! What a tidy finish for the lead!
    43 Minutes: Silkeborg get us underway and look to attack. They have played a lofted through ball, a chance for BAYYY!! He has done it! Instant reply from Silkeborg! And just like that the game has come to life.

Half time: Good viewing here as the teams are looking to build on their goals. Let's hope for more of the same.
    68 Minutes: Middelfart have again had possession but the game has slowed right down. Not much to report.
    90 Minutes: That's it! We are going to extra time!

Extra time: Both sides look set for penalties here, not much in the way of chances and we look set for the shootout it seems!

PENALTIES: It's keeper vs keeper. Every penalty taker will be feeling nervous, can they handle the pressure. Middelfart will take the first penalty in front of the Silkeborg end.

Penalty 1: Jensen steps up for Middelfart. He has been red hot this season, can he do it? SCORES! A hard shot into the top right corner!
    Penalty 1: Up steps Silkeborg and MISS! The ball goes low and right but way past the outside of the post.
    Penalty 2: Next up is Hansen for Middelfart! GOAL! Right down the middle!
    Penalty 2: Silkeborg need this to get on the board. SAVED! Radza punches it clear, what a save!
    Penalty 3: Thycosen now. GOAL! It means Silkeborg need to score to stay in.
    Penalty 3: This is it. A score to stay in. RADZA SAVES again!! The crowd does great and Radza is running to the fans!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.44.55.png
Size:  148.5 KB

Unreal!! We have done the double!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.44.47.png
Size:  141.6 KB

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Midtjylland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.57.57.png
Size:  120.7 KB

Wow, the biggest defeat of the season. I think the players were hanging out their asses from partying hard.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 13.00.35.png
Size:  227.9 KB

Some nice recognition for our efforts in the Europa League.

Danish Superliga: Randers vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 13.10.39.png
Size:  117.8 KB

Last game of the season and I wanted the team to end on a high. At least we won!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 13.11.21.png
Size:  38.4 KB

The board have upped it and rightly so, the £10 Million profit I made for the club should warrant it.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 13.13.52.png
Size:  136.4 KB

I don't quite know why MOlberg is so popular, he was a rotation player but still won all the awards. My vote was definitely from Jensen. All about them goals!

Look at that increase! up 70 places!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 13.23.00.png
Size:  41.1 KB

The final season review!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 13.29.15.png
Size:  247.3 KB

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!

Lippo255 likes this.

48. Help me decide the next stage of this career!

Vote here: Should I stay at Middelfart? - Straw Poll

49. 1 more season at Middelfart I'd say
    ManicBadja likes this.

50. I'm with theBattman. Give Europe a crack then maybe try a different challenge. You can't just walk away having finally ended Copenhagen's dominance, can you???
    ManicBadja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO