Middelfart - let's not follow through
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

1. Click image for larger version

Name:	Poland logo.png
Views:	5
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1127846

Euros 2024

Sipping on my 17th first class beer, I realise what I have done. I am in charge of an entire nation's hopes and dreams. I doubt the Polish fans will be expecting fireworks but they have some exciting player and we should do well. The first aim is to get out of the group and then see what happens. Maybe we get a lucky draw, maybe.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 17.30.46.png
Views: 5
Size:  73.8 KB

Looking at the group we have a tough one. Belgium are clear favourites for the group but neither Denmark nor Ukraine will give us an easy game.

Euro Group Stage: Denmark vs Poland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 21.54.37.png
Size:  126.5 KB

It's only fitting that we face the home nation of my club in the first game. Milik scores just before half time and we get a good start. The threatening Pione Sisto scores early in the second half and we have to settle for the share of points.

Euro Group Stage: Poland vs Ukraine
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 13.23.52.png
Size:  222.3 KB

YES! A win! Wolski scores and then all the lads decided to see if they can each collect a card. Idiots.

Euros Group stage: Belgium vs Poland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 14.43.48.png
Size:  41.9 KB

Milik scores again and we looked fine for the lead. Belgium just have too much quality and the prolific Lukaku scores again. Still a draw and amazingly we go through on top of the group!

Euros Round 2: Poland vs Norway
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 15.23.54.png
Size:  140.6 KB

The knockout stages see us take on and beat Norway. An unfortunate own goal saw us behind but then Piotr Rzepka stepped up to smash in a free kick. I can see why he plays for Barcelona. We score all our penalities and Dragowski save the final attempt to see us through!

Euros Quarter Final: Poland vs Holland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 17.39.32.png
Size:  40.4 KB

Such a shame to end on such a listless performance. Van der Hoek scores from a corner and the Dutch always looked in control. Ah well! We have certainly overachieved!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 18.27.41.png
Size:  52.3 KB

The Polish Fa are happy with our performance and I think we have done well for the fans. In a crazy turn of events Turkey beat Belgium 1-0 in the final to lift the cup. No England, Germany, France or Italy! What?

Lippo255 and kolas79 like this.

2. Ryan Owens's Avatar Ryan Owens
    Amateur
    I wonder what you're doing differently this time around? Sometimes, I guess, a save just "works".

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Owens View Post
    I wonder what you're doing differently this time around? Sometimes, I guess, a save just "works".
    You know what I think it is? Usually I go off my 'real' football knowledge of the English leagues and think more about reputations of teams and players rather than using the games in game analysis. This time around I have had to learn everything, the players and how they work best. A combination of that, the use of my Data Analyst and a whole lot of luck is what has meant it works haha

4. another great season! have you had any regens of note as yet? looking forward to this continuing

5. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 1
Size:  16.1 KBName:  Superligalogo3.png
Views: 338
Size:  11.8 KB

Preparations

In the coming weeks it will all begin again, and in order to get sorted for the new season, certain things need to happen. My PA needs to phone round clubs to get the best deals for my shortlisted players, prepare my morning coffee and also book in a session with my 'therapist' for one my 'special' massages.

With this stress free, caffeine fuelled mindset, I am able to get up and running for the new season with the challenge of winning the league a third time in a row!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 15.05.48.png
Size:  242.0 KB

They have finally done a season review and there are plenty of plaudits for our team. Jensen even sneaks in with the highest average rating.

International
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 18.28.59.png
Size:  61.3 KB

In our national news, the wonderkid Piotr Rzepka is voted the best Young Player at the tournament . Not bad for a teenager!

Staying with Poland I have some more news to bring you. When the job first came available I was really intrigued, could I take this big step up and manage on the International scene? Well I completed it mate. Thinking ahead, there is not much I can do with Poland. They have an ageing squad with only Rzepka as the stand out youngster coming through. It is with this in mind I have decided to resign from my role as Poland Manager. I meet with the Polish FA directly and explained that I wanted to move on to another challenge and had done all I can with the national side. They were saddened but wished me well.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 21.23.31.png
Views: 12
Size:  39.8 KB

Now we get to the real reason I resigned. If their is ever a possibility to take up this job you have to do it. After a very disappointing Euros, England are managerless and need someone to come in. I think that is me, so I send in my application and also talk to some of my friends in the press to say how much I would love to manage the Three Lions.

Within 2 hours I had 3 job offers. England, France and Portugal.
    All very good sides and all with their own challenges, England are the obvious choice and I need to challenge myself again.

I gladly accept my highest ever wage, a nice £83k a week!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 21.23.46.png
Size:  49.8 KB

Middelfart

Back to the club that I have grown to love like my own offspring. The glorious Middelfart. Preseason has gone well.

We have been drawn in the Champions League against Sparta Prague. If we get through this round I am sure it will be through to the group stages. I feel confident about our chances!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 21.42.09.png
Size:  140.7 KB

Transfers
    One of the most exciting parts of the season, with a massive increase in transfer and wage budgets we were keen to do business.

The only outgoing player was Moussa Sissoko who did not want to resign and has instead chosen to retire.

Now for the transfers in. I know I have a reputation as a wheeler dealer but the bargains I have secured in this window are ridiculous. The quality of players is great and the depth we have is even better than before.
    The marquee signing? ENZO FUCKING ZIDANE! I know he is not anywhere near as good as his dad but just picture it! All those blue Middelfart shirts with ZIDANE printed on the back!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 08.59.33.png
Size:  302.3 KB

Let's take a closer look at the new boys.

Adnan Curovic - DC/R
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 09.02.08.png
Size:  511.0 KB

We sign the youngish Dane from Lyngby who did so well last year. For under £1M I think this is a very good piece of business, he is young and has all the skills we need to compete for a starting place along with Molberg and Kabongo.

Lukas Lerager - DM/MC
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 09.02.33.png
Size:  509.3 KB

With only Hansen able to play at DM we needed cover and what a player we have got on our hands. He signs from Polish side Zulte Wargem as our most expensive signing for £1.3M. His stats are solid and he has bags of experience in this league and others.

Mattias Svanberg - Everywhere
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 09.02.48.png
Size:  504.5 KB

Our first Swedish player! Svanberg has the physical stats to frighten any team and his great versatility means we can play him anywhere from DM to ST! Signing him for a third of his value was great business!

Benny Nielsen - AMC/MC
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 09.03.01.png
Size:  508.5 KB

Definitely one for the future. Paulissen is not getting any younger and I can see a decline in his performances. Nielsen is the ideal replacement and for just over £1.2M a real bargain!

Enzo Zidane - AMC/AML
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 09.03.10.png
Size:  511.4 KB

I still can't believe it. Zidane at Middelfart. Don't get me wrong he is not going to be a Troels Jensen but his name carries intent. After an unsuccessful spell at Real, Zidane went to the Greek Superleague and did reasonably well for 5 years. I am hoping his experience and flair will help raise the squad and if he and Kagawa link up, it excites the life out of me.

Cesar Martin - ST
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 09.03.49.png
Size:  501.2 KB

Out in the remote island of Greece, one of our scouts stumbled across this lad whilst sunning himself on holiday! The Argentine played for Xanthe and we signed him for free! He is a £2M player and we snapped him up. 15 Finishing thoooo!!

Edson - ST
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 09.04.00.png
Size:  514.2 KB

And last but certainly not least is our first Brazilian signing since Andre Riel I believe? Edson is 25, has bags of pace, flair, long shots but most importantly finishing! We now have a line up of Jensen, Martin and Edson who all can score goals!

Exciting times for Middelfart (and England).

I can not wait to get this season underway!

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!!!
    TheBattman likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by TheBattman View Post
    another great season! have you had any regens of note as yet? looking forward to this continuing
    Thanks man! No regens personally although some of my new signings look tasty! I must be honest, I don't know how to search for regens on FM. All the half decent prospects seem to be way too expensive
    TheBattman likes this.

7. Seems like a very solid transfer window to me. Shame the new right winger can't cross... the centre half and defensive mid look really good though. Awesome that you're making so much frickin' money all of a sudden! When's the new stadium finished?

Also... any chance of some screencaps of the England squad?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Seems like a very solid transfer window to me. Shame the new right winger can't cross... the centre half and defensive mid look really good though. Awesome that you're making so much frickin' money all of a sudden! When's the new stadium finished?

Also... any chance of some screencaps of the England squad?
    Yeah what I will do is try get him to cut in rather than cross. The money should continue but I imagine it will depend on how we do in the Champions League. I will be doing a report shortly on England and how it currently stands

9. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 7
Views: 289
    July
    The wait is over sports fans, the new season is here! There is a real buzz around the training ground at the moment, a place where ambition is contagious. The new lads are settling in well and we have looked good in pre-season. They look ready for it.

The only bad news is our number 1 keeper Hjobjerg injured himself during a weights session so is out for 8 weeks. This means Lorentzen will get a chance to impress inbetween the sticks.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Nordsjaelland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 11.13.54.png
Size:  86.8 KB

What a way to start the season, a comfortable 3-0 win and a hat trick from our main man Jensen. Onwards and upwards!

Danish Superliga: Esbjerg FB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 14.34.45.png
Size:  69.6 KB

Away to a new look Esbjerg side, I decide to give young (old) Zidane a debut and he pays me back with his first goal for Middelfart and a great performance!

Champions League Qualifier: Sparta Prague vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 09.16.39.png
Size:  115.6 KB

Oh we do love playing away in the Champions league. The 167 away fans were buzzing to see Prague come up as we all know the beer is cheap and the women beautiful. Back to the football and we see how lucky we are to have Jensen. A penalty and a classy second saw us ease through this away fixture despite having an early penalty scare. Lorentzen stepped up to save it like the big gent he is!

Monthly Review:
    A solid start to the season with a 100% win record and looking good whilst doing it!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 09.19.11.png
Size:  226.8 KB

Player of the Month: Only one winner for me, Jensen. 5 goals, 2 games sees him just pipped to the official award but including his performance against Sparta, he has to take it!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 09.17.44.png
Size:  130.1 KB

Other players also got a mention, not a bad effort at all lads!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 09.17.51.png
Size:  161.6 KB

England

As promised I said I would take a screenshot of where the England squad is now. There are a few surprises.

At ST we have a number of options, Kane and Rashford are classed as World Class and Berahino looks tasty too! Ben Woodburn opted to play for England too!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 09.28.06.png
Size:  23.6 KB

Across the middle of the park we have a mix. Dele Alli is phenomenal and Dier is not far behind him. Not sure our wingers are up to much though.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 09.28.13.png
Size:  42.1 KB

In defence we have Captain John Stones with Andre Wisdom somehow being in with a shout. Luke Shaw looks good at DL and a regen Paul Nash looks to have taken over the DR spot. In goal we have another regen by the name of Eddie Mason who currently plays for Liverpool.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 09.28.20.png
Size:  62.3 KB

Provisional thoughts? This could be tougher than I thought!

UP. THE. FARTS!!!
    TheBattman likes this.

10. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 229
    August

In the opening stage of the season we have looked really good. Last year we didn't seem to have conviction and the deadly touch, we are not quite there yet but stepping closer. We have a very busy month ahead so best get to it.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Silkeborg IF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.18.23.png
Size:  128.7 KB

First up we face Silkeborg at home. They have started like a house on fire and we are level with them. They seemed to have their act sorted out and looked strong. Too strong for us to break through and get the win.

Champions League Qualifier: Middelfart vs Sparta
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.29.37.png
Size:  118.6 KB

The return leg sees something unlikely! We had a brace from our new defender Curovic! He scored his first ever goal for the club and after they drew level, we relied on him again to get the breakthrough. We are going to the next round!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.31.33.png
Size:  116.5 KB

We get drawn in the playoff against Dinamo, a tough draw but I fancy us to go through.

Transfer News:
    Almost all of our business was done early but this lad needed to be signed. Our scouts have said he is a must buy. He is our club record signing but here are some of the facts. He is young, Danish, talented and we have 1 injured keeper and the other is ok.
    Introducing Mathias Hammer (great name). For £2.6M he becomes the most expensive player, with wages of only £6.5K it's good business. I will do a screenshot of his stats after I have he is fit and plays.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.34.16.png
Size:  99.4 KB

Danish Superliga: Randers vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 11.55.20.png
Size:  53.6 KB

ARGH! What a disappointing game. Troels Jensen scores to get us going but then Lundberg equalises. Jensen adds another to his impressive early tally and we looked like we were coasting to a win. Step up Marcus Molvadgaard, right footed volley from 25 yards, with the last kick of the game. Gutted.

Danish Superliga: FC Midtjylland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 14.17.46.png
Size:  122.3 KB

A quiet game sees Jensen score, Hansen get injured and us take 3 points.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 15.45.26.png
Size:  87.5 KB

A real rollercoaster. Zidane scores again and is quickly becoming a fan favourite, and then things get worse. Moller scores for Brondby and then it happened, Zidane jumps for a header and does his ACL in. It looks bad. The second half continues and Gonzalez decides to go on a mad one and score 2 to give us all 3 points. Bittersweet.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 15.45.48.png
Size:  79.1 KB

Confirmed then. We have Zidane out for 9 months. on top of that new keeper Hammer and first choice Hojbjerg are both on this list. Thankfully not as bad though!

Champions League Playoff: Middelfart vs Dinamo
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 16.21.33.png
Size:  116.2 KB

I can't wait for us to play European football in our own stadium, it's really bothering me! Anyway the only action in a tight game worth mentioning is Svanberg's first goal for Middelfart. He has been rather quiet but is starting to settle in. The Swede gives us a valuable lead to defend in the second leg.

Transfer News:
    With the lack of quality defenders and the board, fans and honestly myself being unconvinced by Roerslev I have managed another bargain. 32 year old Jakub Brabec is an experienced DC and is a really good addition to add some depth for Molberg, Kabongo and Curovic.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 16.45.01.png
Size:  92.9 KB

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AAB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 16.57.18.png
Size:  162.8 KB

A very odd game. A first half red card saw us push for a winner and it didn't look like it would come. Paulissen makes a start in place of the injured Zidane and scores! Followed up by substitute and almost a forgotten man, Mads Thychosen. 2 late goals mean we get the win.

Middelfart - let's not follow through-champoleague.png
    Champions League Playoff: Dinamo vs Middelfart

All the way to Maksimir, the home ground of Dinamo for this second leg in the playoff. The prize of winning is the group stages of the Champions League and an estimated £10M+ prize for qualifying.

Let's head down to the pitch as the ref blows his whistle to get us underway.

Kick off: Dinamo get us underway and they look fired up already.
    2 Minutes: FOUL! A really sloppy challenge from Lerager as the DM tackles the Dinamo man without getting any of the ball. Dangerous free kick here as it is crossed in from the right, GOOOALLL!!! Dinamo score 2 minutes into the game! It's Antonio Scrbec! He sends the fans wild. We could be in for a treat here. What a start!
    21 Minutes: Middelfart have battled well to regain control but Dinamo have had the majority of possession as they attack again here on the left wing. Foul! Thomas Ipoua brings down the winger with a hefty tackle and gets his name taken by the referee.
    Half Time: Well the game started off like a house on fire but it has simmered out as the time has gone on. Let's hope the second half is better.

63 Minutes: The arm wrestle continues as we head into the last half hour. Middelfart have been better but neither side have really had a chance.
    87 Minutes: Chance here for Jensen! Miss! Oh no, he should have at least hit the target there. That would have seen Middelfart through!
    Full time: That's that. We have to go to extra time to decide this game!

104 Minutes: The first half is coming to a close and it is getting nervy. Mads Pedersen upends Obexer and is given a yellow.
    105 Minutes: Just before the half time point in Extra time and sub Edson is booked. Silly foul for the fresh player.

Extra time full time: There it goes, neither team wanted to lose and we need penalties to split them.

Penalty 1: Jensen steps up, he doesn't miss these normally but pressure may be on. NO! SCORES! He looked calm and collected as he slotted it away.
    Penalty 1: Silva is up first for Dinamo. MISS! Oh no! He has lifted that over the bar.
    Penalty 2: Benny Nielsen, the new boy who only plays in Europe. SCORES. Blasts it into the top right.
    Penalty 2: Travnik for Dinamo, can he get them going. SAVED! Hit at Lorentzen and he does well to save!
    Penalty 3: Swedish Svanberg places the ball down. IN! Smooth finish as it rolls into the bottom left. All the pressure is on Dinamo now to score.
    Penalty 3: Santos is the man, he needs to score this. SAVED! Lorentzen is the hero for Middelfart! The fans go wild!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 18.53.43.png
Size:  138.1 KB

Phew! That was a bit closer than I would have liked!
    Here comes the money!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 18.54.16.png
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 18.54.22.png
Size:  30.6 KB

Woohoo! All that cash!
    Now time for the Group Draw:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 18.56.43.png
Size:  87.0 KB

Ooo tasty! We have an easier group than last time but still a tough one. Atletico have to be the biggest threat but we have drawn against Sporting before in the Europa League and will be a better game with our improved team. Fenerbache should be beatable but may spring a surprise or two.

Transfer News:
    Yet more transfer news as we sign a great player after our Champions League success. Andre Carrillo is a great signing, he has the pace, skill and experience to help lift the club and he can cross a ball! Not bad for a free transfer! He becomes one of our highest earners with £23K a week in wages but we have a hefty bit still available in the budget.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.02.11.png
Size:  94.4 KB

Danish Superliga: Lyngby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.16.13.png
Size:  162.2 KB

The final game of the month sees us rotate the squad for fitness and we were unable to get the win despite Jensen's efforts.

Monthly Review: In the hectic month of August we have done well in the league retaining our undefeated streak. The main achievement is more about the Champions League!

Player of the Month: Troels Jensen. I love him. I may name my first born after him. 5 games, 5 goals. I love him.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.18.57.png
Size:  131.3 KB

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    TheBattman and Lippo255 like this.

11. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 314
    September
    Some brilliant news to bring you at the start of the month.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 13.01.08.png
Size:  46.5 KB

HAHAHAHA. Oh how the mighty have fallen! Copenhagen get battered and are now actually closer to relegation than they are to the top! To start the month I am actually away for my first ever England trip. We have one friendly and then a competitive game in the 'European League', whatever that is.
    I have looked at the England squad and we have some great players, but a great team? I don't know. I plan on using these games to try out some players and see how they get on.

International Friendly: England vs Belgium
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 13.31.19.png
Size:  47.3 KB

WOW! We blew them away in this game! Woodburn scores and Rashford adds to our quick starts. Solanke comes on as a sub to make his England debut and scores as well. Not bad going at all. Saying that though, when I managed a much weaker Poland team, we drew with Belgium. Perhaps a big win was expected.

European League: England vs Portugal
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 17.16.16.png
Size:  133.6 KB

An attacking masterclass! Woodburn scores yet again, Kane is world class and adds another and then substitute regen John Travis comes on and nets two! Great result against a team that is higher in the world rankings than us!

After this game the squads morale was much higher and we all left Wembley feeling great, like world beaters.
    I board the plane to return to Denmark, I have work to do at Middelfart.

Danish Superliga: Viborg vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 17.33.06.png
Size:  94.8 KB

Fuck. The undefeated run is over. And against damn Viborg! The bottom half side hit us quickly at the start to lead by 2 goals. I changed formation, brought on subs and we only managed to get 1 goal. Not good enough.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 17.33.55.png
Size:  82.7 KB

Bloody hell, underdogs overachieve and they hardly say a thing. Lose one game and people lose their minds! Great timing by the press as we head into our first game of the Champions League.

Champions League Group Stage: Atletico Madrid vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 23.13.23.png
Views: 9
Size:  69.9 KB

A very, very nice draw. Madrid have superstars like Isco, Dybala and Koke, yet they were held by Molberg, Hansen and Jensen. Well in!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 23.13.55.png
Views: 8
Size:  29.1 KB

A bit of cash always seems to help too!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Copenhagen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 11.06.49.png
Size:  104.4 KB

God sake, our chance to really stick it to Copenhagen while they are down and we mess it up. I brought on Lerager as he was after some more action and he decides to test out his new karate moves with a nasty leg-breaking challenge on Milosevic. We were pushing for the winner in that period and it cost us the win.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 11.23.04.png
Size:  73.3 KB

I can not believe this bullshit! They are still on my back! Despite their struggles, Copenhagen are still a decent side!

Danish Superliga: Hobro vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 11.37.14.png
Size:  62.3 KB

ARGH! Agony! Jensen is a super sub and then it gets ruled out by Ramkilde who always scores against us!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AC Horsens
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 11.53.05.png
Size:  100.6 KB

Finally a big win! Edson scores his first goal after 8 games of trying! Damn son!

Monthly Review:
    Despite the negative press we have had a solid month. Sure we lost but we are doing pretty well and are within touching distance of surprise package, Silkeborg.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 11.54.47.png
Size:  229.3 KB

Player of the Month: Molberg by a mile, he just keeps getting better. His partnership with Curovic is blooming and we look really solid.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!
    Lippo255 likes this.

12. Hilarious that the media are getting on your back when you're still in 2nd, one point off the lead and 4 clear of 3rd! Haha

13. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Hilarious that the media are getting on your back when you're still in 2nd, one point off the lead and 4 clear of 3rd! Haha
    It's the high standards I've imposed..... No it is laughable really, bloody ridiculous.

14. It's clear the media are expecting too much from you, but it's to be expected for the Danish champions. It will all be forgotten if you go through another unbeaten run.

15. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    It's clear the media are expecting too much from you, but it's to be expected for the Danish champions. It will all be forgotten if you go through another unbeaten run.
    This is true! I am going to be ruthless and go attacking in the next few games to assert some authority!

16. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 206

October

It is time to shut up the press and the naysayers. It is time to put our stamp on this competition and in Europe. It is time for a full strength, high powered Fart revolution.

Champions League Group Stage: Middelfart vs Sporting
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 11.36.01.png
Size:  116.1 KB

In the stadium of our rivals we host Portuguese powerhouse Sporting. We controlled the game very well and looked composed. In the latter stages of the game we got the breakthrough, Troels Jensen gets the ball on the right side of the box and hits a thunderbolt of a shot into the top of the net.
    Time to hold strong and contain this lead. Unbelievably we concede a penalty and Adrien Silva saves the day for Sporting!

Danish Superliga: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 11.49.46.png
Views: 11
Size:  60.0 KB

An all action first half saw us get a disappointing draw. Edson scores his first in a while and shows he can actually put the ball in the net. Piscitelli scored their equaliser and it was down to Thomas Madsen to give us the lead again. All our efforts were for nought as we concede yet again. Dropped points.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 11.52.11.png
Size:  29.1 KB

Nice to get a cash boost for being in first place.

Danish Superliga: OB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 15.34.25.png
Size:  165.5 KB

Our local derby against our neighbours that we have overshadowed in recent years. No change there as we demolished them with a comfortable 3-1 victory.

Champions League Group Stage: Fenerbache vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 21.39.10.png
Size:  175.4 KB

WHAT. A. GAME. It had everything. Drama, red cards, missed penalties and goals galore! Jensen was on another level and should have had a hat trick but he shit the bed and missed his pen. A very good win which moves us to the top of the group!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 21.39.42.png
Size:  29.5 KB

Always nice to get money for winning. Big money too!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Esbjerg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 21.52.10.png
Size:  118.0 KB

Another missed penalty! And another missed hat trick! I think we need to do some more training! A confident performance for all 3 points.

Danish Cup 3rd Round: Skjold vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 22.43.03.png
Size:  129.9 KB

As expected we battered them and I unlocked the badge for beating a team by 5 goals. We should have kept a clean sheet but oh well, we are through to the next round.

Monthly Review:
    We have upped it this month, with a solid display in the league we have opened up a slight gap, but we are flexing our muscles and showing the strength. We have done awesome in Europe and I hope that it will be enough to get through to the knockout stages.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 22.47.13.png
Size:  235.0 KB

Europe is going great as we are the only team to have got a win!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 22.48.02.png
Size:  43.1 KB

Player of the Month:
    This month it has been great to see that there is good depth in the squad with some players really stepping up to the challenge. The stand out performers were Jensen and Svanberg who showed their class. Svanberg scored and created goals though and for that he gets ahead of Jensen.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!

17. "Time for a full-strength, high-powered Fart revolution!"

...1-1 draw
    ManicBadja and Alfieburns like this.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    "Time for a full-strength, high-powered Fart revolution!"

...1-1 draw
    To be fair I had not realised they were the very next fixture haha

19. Haha, yeah. Just thought it was funny
    ManicBadja likes this.

20. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 143
Views: 157

November
    Time to really press on. I felt like the last month was a mid level powered fart. I've ordered baked beans to the canteen to upgrade the methane levels.

Danish Superliga: Silkeborg vs Middelfart

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 22.57.08.png
Size:  177.5 KB

God sake, almost a good comeback. Hansen missed a pen and we had to settle for one point.

Champions League Group Stage: Middelfart vs Fenerbache
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 23.12.10.png
Views: 144
Size:  121.2 KB

We play better in Europe! 3 different scorers, 3 points!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 23.12.21.png
Views: 144
Size:  29.6 KB

Lovely money!

Danish Superliga: Brondby vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 23.27.15.png
Size:  167.0 KB

Brondby have been shit the last few years and they gave us a game. Jensen unusually misses a chance and it is down to super sub Thychosen to save the day.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 23.30.20.png
Views: 142
Size:  56.3 KB

Our marquee signing from last year has decided it is time to retire. I hope he will enjoy the rest of this season, it will be sad to see him go but he was mainly here for shirt sales and tutoring others.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers FC
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 15.59.55.png
Views: 141
Size:  139.7 KB

Two goals seemed to sure up a victory but Pedersen gets sent off which was ultimately our downfall. Dropped points. Shit.

Champions League Group Stage: Middelfart vs Atletico Madrid
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 16.19.57.png
Views: 141
Size:  71.9 KB

So damn close to a huge win. Jensen is incredible and it was unlucky that Origi scored, but we got a result!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 16.21.08.png
Size:  56.9 KB

The major news? We qualify for the knockouts!! First time in our history we take giants steps!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Midtjylland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 17.45.17.png
Views: 145
Size:  174.2 KB

A good win that should have been more, Jensen misses another penalty! Cmon fella!

Monthly Review:
    In the last few weeks we have fought hard and showed a clinical edge, I still think there is another gear to go up!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 17.48.06.png
Size:  232.9 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 17.48.17.png
Size:  40.9 KB

Player of the Month: Molberg. He has been an absolute beast in the heart of the defence. In the coming weeks we will look to him to lead the way and be a leader that he has been!

UP. THE. FARTS!!!

21. Qualifying for the knockout stages can only be a good thing not just for the 'Farts but Danish football in general. Well done on getting out of a group which could have gone anyway.

22. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Qualifying for the knockout stages can only be a good thing not just for the 'Farts but Danish football in general. Well done on getting out of a group which could have gone anyway.
    Thanks man, I hope it shows that Denmark can mix it. I actually miss Copenhagen in that respect. They should be in the mix as well!

23. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 251
Views: 268

December
    Snow has started to fall heavily and we only have a few games before the winter break. The priority is to get maximum points to give us some more breathing space at the top and then also to start preparing for whoever we draw in the knockouts.
    Before we start with the games, I have some great news to bring you. We have JENSEN!
    Well we already had him but now we have him for longer. He has signed a new 4 year deal which doubles his wages and will scare off any clubs looking at him. No release clause which means it will have to be a huge offer.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 17.49.13.png
Views: 249
Size:  140.8 KB

Danish Superliga: AAB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 18.04.07.png
Views: 250
Size:  73.5 KB

What an enthralling game! Tit for tat all the way but eventually we overcame them. 4 different scorers show that we don't always rely on Jensen, although he did score.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Viborg FF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 18.14.26.png
Views: 245
Size:  97.4 KB

Not much to say here, scraped a win against a team that hailed inspiration from Mourinho and parked the bus.

Champions League Group Stage: Sporting vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 18.30.01.png
Views: 244
Size:  194.2 KB

A shame really, we had gone out to give them a game but the player must have thought what's the point, we've already qualified. Not what I wanter but Sporting showed they are better than recent form suggests.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Lyngby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 18.42.38.png
Views: 246
Size:  120.0 KB

Our last game this year is more like we wanted. Jensen could have had a hat trick but he missed a sitter. Still got a brace along with Paulissen's early goal. 3 more points.

Champions League Knockout Stages:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 18.45.57.png
Views: 243
Size:  176.3 KB

Wow what a draw. We get Roma. Other tasty fixtures include Bayern vs Chelsea, PSG vs Arsenal, Monaco vs Juventus!

I doubt we will be able to get through but what an achievement already.

End of the Year Awards
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 19.05.10.png
Views: 243
Size:  95.4 KB

I just don't know how to win the Manager of the year award. The other managers must not like me.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 19.06.01.png
Views: 242
Size:  63.7 KB

An unreal performance this year by Troels Jensen sees him win Media Player of the Year and also the Players' Player of the Year awards.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 19.06.11.png
Size:  66.2 KB

The lad has even said that these awards were for me, helping him reach this level and having faith in him. Lovely!

Transfers In:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 19.45.05.png
Size:  138.0 KB

I know it is not the window yet but we have got business done early to secure the services of Middelfart's first South Korean player! A really good, technical player who will help us no end! Cheap too!

Monthly Review:

It went as expected really. Many may have seen us win most games, and perhaps be more competitive against Sporting but we look good going into the new year.

Player of the Month:
    To add to his extensive accolades, Troels Jensen has yet again been dominant and is making goals, not just tapping them in.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!

24. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the Farts, y'know. I guess it's cos you're champions that I kinda assume you're gonna win every game, but that's obviously not the case. And besides, you're miles clear at the top! And with a lad like Jensen on board for the next few years you're bound to do well.

Any chance of some screenshots of your better players? Fine job in the Champions League dude

25. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the Farts, y'know. I guess it's cos you're champions that I kinda assume you're gonna win every game, but that's obviously not the case. And besides, you're miles clear at the top! And with a lad
    like Jensen on board for the next few years you're bound to do well.

Any chance of some screenshots of your better players? Fine job in the Champions League dude
    Yeah sure thing will do an update on my stand out team so far. I expect more too but not every game is clear cut, teams still give us good games.

26. Name:  Ekstra_Bladet_logo.png
Views: 241
Size:  4.2 KB

Strolling to Success?
    As we are waiting for the football season to resume, the team at Ekstra Bladet have decided to pause for a moment and have a closer look at Middelfart and their strong opening half of the season.

The current champions have had significant investment thanks to the success from their performances in the Champions League last year. That money has been spent on a lot of new faces and we wanted to look at the main 11 players responsible for their position at the top of the Superliga and also the players responsible for their fantastic qualification to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.25.07.png
Views: 239
Size:  322.1 KB

With some stand out performers in the first stage a few additions and new faces have bolstered the squad.

GK: Mathias Hammer
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.25.32.png
Size:  506.7 KB

Having joined for a club record fee at the start of the season, the young Dane has enjoyed a successful start to life at Middelfart.

DR: Thomas Ipoua
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.25.54.png
Size:  508.5 KB

The young Cameroonian has become a stalwart at Middelfart for the last 2 years. His solid performances have recently led to a new contract and his value is on the rise.

DC: Alexander Molberg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.26.12.png
Views: 240
Size:  494.1 KB

Ever the fan favourite, Molberg continues to impress. He may not be the most well rounded player but he defends well, really well. The captain has played an important role this year and will look to build on a successful start.

DC: Jakub Brabec
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.26.35.png
Views: 238
Size:  499.6 KB

With the injury of Curovic and the stifling of Kabongo, Brabec is the natural number one choice. Having signed earlier this year, but due to league restrictions were unable to play, it will be great to see what Brabec can offer.

DL: Mads Pedersen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.26.46.png
Size:  512.5 KB

Completing the back line is Pedersen, the talented full back has 4 assists to his name and with his defensive prowess he looks the complete package.

MC: Thomas Madsen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.27.02.png
Size:  508.2 KB

Bought and then sold by Middelfart before being re-bought Madsen has showed steady progress. He is a very well rounded player and has started nearly every game this year. 2 goals and 5 assists to his name means he is a threat with every attack.

MC: Alexander Tved Hansen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.28.45.png
Size:  502.2 KB

A familiar face around these parts now Hansen has been the assist king this year with 8 to his name! A very good partnership with Madsen has meant chances have been plentiful.

AMR: Mattias Svanberg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.28.56.png
Views: 240
Size:  507.2 KB

When the Swede signed early this year there was a mixed reception. People did not expect him to have such a big impact. Svanberg has earned himself a spot in the national side and is a leading player in the league. Not hard to see why with 6 goals and 6 assists to his name.

AMC: Lee Hyuk-Jin
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.29.11.png
Size:  516.0 KB

The January signing slots right into the central role. With Zidane still out and Paulissen a little off the step, Lee will be hoping to add goals and assists for the remainder of the season.

AML: Lorenzo Gonzalez
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.29.25.png
Size:  501.3 KB

Gonzalez has stepped up his game this year, taking on players with his delightful dribbling he has found the goal a season best 7 goals so far.

ST: Troels Jensen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.29.37.png
Views: 247
Size:  502.7 KB

The star player this year. Already racking up 25 goals across all competitions before Christmas is no mean feat. He has been awarded multiple awards for his efforts and also now boasts the title of MIddelfart's top goalscorer with 51 goals over 2 years, not too bad at all.

The next stage of the season will be tough for Middelfart as they square off to Roma in the Champions League knockouts. They will also need to maintain their momentum in the league whilst battling in the Danish Cup too.

Can they build on their substantial success? We will see.

27. Click image for larger version

Name:	England_crest_2009.svg.png
Views:	240
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	1129430
    England

It seems only fitting that my first game as England boss is against former team Poland in the International League. There are some big names available so I am hopeful for a result.

Poland vs England

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.47.47.png
Views: 234
Size:  87.1 KB

Harry Kane is unreal, he is so good. Rashford was a menace all game and I am happy he scored. Wolski scored a trademark free kick to give them something but we were far too good for them

Friendly: Slovenia vs England
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 14.33.18.png
Views: 233
Size:  102.2 KB

As this was a friendly I tried some of the new boys out. Skipper Stones whacked a ball in his own net so we had to fight hard to come back. Eric Dier scored 2 worldies to get us the win.

England vs Poland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 11.49.22.png
Size:  106.5 KB

Up against the Poles again and it is Harry Kane who leads the way. Zielinski gave them a late hurrah.

Portugal vs England
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 12.25.37.png
Views: 231
Size:  59.0 KB

I called the Ox back to the squad and it paid pff. Kane got the breakthrough initially but it was Ox who gave us breathing space.

With that we have qualified for the next round!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 12.25.48.png
Size:  39.0 KB

I don't know what the competition is worth or how significant it is, but we will do our best to get any silverware and remain undefeated!

TheBattman and kolas79 like this.

28. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 185
Size:  16.1 KBMiddelfart - let's not follow through-champoleague.png

February
    Winter is over, we have even had extra friendlies to get up to speed for the biggest game in the club's history. A historic Champions League Knockout game vs Roma.

Champions League 1st Round Knockout: Roma vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 16.36.21.png
Views: 186
Size:  110.6 KB

With a star studded line up it was always going to be a difficult task but out talisman Jensen scored first! We set up shop for all of 12 minutes before they scored and eventually took the lead later on. An away goal could be crucial.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 16.40.15.png
Size:  52.4 KB

In better news, Zidane has returned to the fold after his injury. It has been a long time but hopefully he will be right back to it.

Danish Superliga: Copenhagen vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 17.03.38.png
Size:  74.8 KB

Our only other game this month is against our old rivals who have done well to get back into the top half of the table. Not much to say about this bore 0-0 draw.

Monthly Review:
    Could be worse, but could also have been a lot better.

Player of the Month:
    Molberg has again stepped up and despite conceding against Roma, was very strong. I was also impressed with how quickly Lee Hyuk has settled in, I think he will prove to be a great signing.

UP. THE. FARTS!!

29. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 187
Views: 205

March
    We know that the games come thick and fast at this stage and we have got a lot this month. We need to push on and secure the league title and also try to overcome the odds and beat Roma in the return fixture!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Hobro IK
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 18.34.30.png
Views: 184
Size:  96.3 KB

2 early goals see us take the win! Jensen on the scoresheet yet again, I believe he has now scored more than his tally last year!

Champions League 1st Round Knockout: Middelfart vs Roma
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 20.54.52.png
Size:  128.9 KB

Our dream ends here. So disappointing as we could and should have won this. They were down to 10 men and we only got 1 goal, an absolute screamer from Lerager to open his account at Middelfart.
    Next year.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 20.55.38.png
Size:  30.9 KB

Fair whack of cash for our achievement. I think we will get another big payout later on, but we look very healthy financially with £25M in the bank

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs OB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 21.06.56.png
Size:  59.3 KB

Disappointment continues in this bore draw.

Danish Cup 4th Round: Hobro IK vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 21.21.25.png
Size:  90.5 KB

Yes, that is more like it! Lee scores his first goal for Middelfart and when we got pegged back, Gonzalez stepped up to get us a winner and put us through to the next round.

Danish Superliga: AC Horsens vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 21.35.11.png
Size:  61.3 KB

More dropped points. Not good enough. Troels Jensen scores again but we just couldn't break through again.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 21.35.37.png
Size:  28.6 KB

And so ends the Preliminary phase of the league and it will now split into the Champions Group and the Relegation group.

Monthly Review: A very disappointing month. Although we were undefeated in the league, we should have won all of those games. We had a real chance to beat Roma too but I suppose we will learn as a squad and move on.

Player of the Month: Hansen has been a rock in the heart of midfield and between him and Madsen, there has been little to complain about.

UP. THE. FARTS!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Middelfart - let's not follow through-screen-shot-2017-09-27-21.54.01.png  
    kolas79 likes this.

30. Aramide Gordon is quite a name...

Damn draws! Are other sides playing super-defensively now you're a big outfit?

31. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Aramide Gordon is quite a name...

Damn draws! Are other sides playing super-defensively now you're a big outfit?
    Yeah was gonna do an England update soon, Gordon is Arsenal's main man really.

I am finding that they are giving us a lot less space and take every game like a cup final. Just hope that it doesn't slow down momentum too much

32. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 265
Views: 283
    April

Crunch time. Copenhagen are picking up a bit of form and starting to chase us down, we need to get the points to keep the gap as far as possible.

Danish Superliga: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 20.05.22.png
Views: 263
Size:  55.0 KB

All about the first half in this game as new year signing Lee Hyuk-Jin opens his goal scoring account for Middelfart. To add to the goalscorer's list is the all to familiar name of Troels Jensen.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 20.10.07.png
Views: 264
Size:  35.5 KB

With his goal in that last game, Jensen has broken his own record for most goals in a season and is on the verge of scoring 30+.

Danish Cup Quarters: HB Koge vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 21.10.43.png
Views: 264
Size:  117.1 KB

PHEW! This should have been done and dusted by 30 minutes as we hit the post twice, then the worst. On the counter we get hit with a goal for Koge. The underdogs were up the fans behind them at home and we had an uphill battle. It took until the 79th minute before Hansen puts us on level terms. Into extra time and it was down to new boy Lee Hyuk-Jin to get us the winner and send the fans into the raptures! We are heading on! A lucky escape indeed!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Copenhagen
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 21.33.11.png
Views: 261
Size:  192.7 KB

Heartache yet again. Despite being able to beat every other team in the league, we are still not able to get a regular, controlled result from Copenhagen. A last minute strike from Cornelius ensures that our undefeated run comes to an abrupt end. This feels weird this losing business.

Danish Superliga: Silkeborg IF vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 21.43.47.png
Views: 265
Size:  42.6 KB

A strange game that could have easily been either a 0-0 or a 3-3. Both teams were very wasteful and all goals were quite lucky. Enzo Zidane scores again after his long injury lay off. A late goal for Silkeborg highlights our lapse in concentration for the full 90 minutes.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers FC
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 21.58.43.png
Views: 262
Size:  116.4 KB

We really are riding our luck. We manage to win again but it could easily have gone wrong. Every team we play is upping their game and it was a combination of our Korean superstar and a lucky own goal that secures us the win.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Midtjylland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 22.09.46.png
Size:  106.4 KB

Not much to say. Jensen is injured and we are shit at the moment.

Danish Cup Semi: Middelfart vs Lyngby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 09.15.03.png
Size:  51.8 KB

More second half action as all 3 goals opened up a game that both teams did not want to lose. Jensen bags a penalty to end an unusual 3+ game drought. Hansen joins him on the scoreboard whilst we concede yet another late goal.

Monthly Review:
    In the past few weeks it has been a bit of a mixed bag. We are still winning (just) and we only lost late on against Copenhagen who have been picking up points rapidly. I have not included the table to add some excitement to the final stretch of the season!

Player of the Month:
    Lee Hyuk-Jin by a mile. Apart from Lee and Hansen, the rest of the team has been pretty average. I don't know if it's because we are setting the pace this time rather than chasing or that it has been a longer season (with more European football). Lee has scored 3 goals and is looking very good value for money.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!
    TheBattman likes this.

33. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 254

May

The final month of the season and we have yet to secure the title. In somewhat surprising news, the media and fans alike are a tad amazed we have not had this wrapped up before this point. This season has gotten more difficult in some respects, mainly due to the fact that teams are taking us seriously as competitors.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 09.24.39.png
Size:  120.5 KB

Our first game of the month sees us take on plucky Nordsjaelland, within the first half hour we had a great game on our hands. 2-2 and both teams going for it, it was our Korean magician who helped us get the breakthrough eventually as we scored the next goal, and for good measure Troels Jensen adds his own touch to the game.

Danish Superliga: Copenhagen vs Middelfart
    This was it. THE game! We wanted to get one over Copenhagen and win the game. To make things even sweeter, a victory would clinch the title.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 09.41.38.png
Size:  97.4 KB

THERE WE GO!! Finally a victory in a convincing way! We changed tact a bit and set up deeper with the hope of controlling the game through the middle. This helped Jensen play on the shoulder of the defender and he broke the deadlock. 36 minutes and we had the lead. Lee Hyuk-Jin added another and we looked like we had more in the tank. Kisekka stopped that and we had to hold on for the final 3 points.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 09.41.53.png
Views: 237
Size:  145.7 KB

We do it again! 3 times in a row! What should be next? 4 in a row? Can we even dare to think of outdoing Copenhagen's 7 in a row?

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Silkeborg IF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 09.58.27.png
Size:  147.9 KB

In the past we have taken our foot off the gas after winning the league, this was not the case as we blitzed Silkeborg IF in the opening minutes and we didn't look back. The victory was marred as Lee Hyuk-Jin suffered a horrendous leg break, an awful injury for a player who was just starting to hit his stride.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 09.59.04.png
Size:  110.0 KB

A long injury ahead for our Korean man. Not ideal at all but we will manage.

Danish Superliga: Randers FC vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 10.16.35.png
Size:  125.2 KB

What a game. The neutrals would have loved this and to be honest I did too. We were 4-2 up at half time and it took an incredible effort from Randers to get back on terms.

Danish Cup Final: Middelfart vs Brondby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 17.55.18.png
Size:  105.5 KB

A straight forward victory that really encompassed our season. A strong, quick start and goals from Jensen helped us toward another Danish Cup!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 17.55.33 1.png
Size:  136.0 KB

Our domination continues!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 17.56.28.png
Size:  36.4 KB

Swedish Svanberg sets a sizzling record! He has now beaten Thychosen One and will surely be a fan and team favourite!

Monthly Review:
    Well a very good month indeed as we secured two more titles. The quality of games was good and apart from the Randers game, we had a 100% record.

Player of the Month:
    I would have said Jensen again but he didn't even make the Team of the Month. Thomas Madsen was silently going about his business and did it well. Svanberg also gets into the official team but is just pipped for my tip of the hat.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 17.59.53.png
Views: 235
Size:  157.9 KB

We have just one more month to get the final fixtures played and also start preparing for the new season already. We have work to do.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!
    TheBattman and Lippo255 like this.

34. Congrats! Jensen on course to get 40 for the season if he has a strong last few games...?
    ManicBadja likes this.

35. Just finished reading your story so far ! Amazing progress there my friend !! I always love stories who have to do with teams and leagues which most of us do not know anything about! What 's next for you now ? You have won the league twice, manage to bring tons of reputation to this club. Is it time for that next step or continue your absolutely great work in the Farts ?
    ManicBadja likes this.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Congrats! Jensen on course to get 40 for the season if he has a strong last few games...?
    Sadly not, there is only 1 game left I think but he got damn close! Will do a final recap for everyone at the end of the month

37. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    Just finished reading your story so far ! Amazing progress there my friend !! I always love stories who have to do with teams and leagues which most of us do not know anything about! What 's next for you now ? You have won the league twice, manage to bring tons of reputation to this club. Is it time for that next step or continue your absolutely great work in the Farts ?
    Thanks man, must have taken some reading! I think my current plans are to see what the news is regarding the stadium, the planning phase is coming to a close so I need to see what is next so I will be here next season. It all depends on the stadium really, would love them to build a fortress and name it after me maybe!

38. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 170
Views: 189

June

I thought we would have had a few games to play but we only have 1 fixture! Might as well get on and then have a look at what the end of season awards have to offer.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 12.52.42.png
Views: 171
Size:  97.3 KB

Our last game of the season saw 145 jubilant party farts who celebrated Troels Jensen's strike to get us 3 more points this season. The party can properly start and I had ordered in bottles of champagne to make it look like a F1 podium celebration.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 12.52.59.png
Views: 169
Size:  31.2 KB

Our final position brings in a couple of million and we look very healthy financially.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.04.45.png
Size:  133.0 KB

In order to highlight the bias, this is the shortlist for the Manager of the Year award I have yet to win. Not I don't mean to be big headed, but I think I deserve it more this year than any before. 58% win percentage and on top of that 3 titles in a row? C'mon guys, vote for me!

End of season awards
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.06.42.png
Size:  177.1 KB

This year's player of the season is none other than Troels Jensen. Molberg is always in the running and came second but Svanberg also came in after an excellent debut season.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.14.30.png
Size:  121.6 KB

Jensen finished second best with 2 goals behind. Not a bad effort thought but the second half of the season slowed right down.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.14.41.png
Size:  153.4 KB

The only person to get into team of the season was Thomas Madsen!

Contracts
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.08.32.png
Size:  150.1 KB

With some concern over the future of some players I have offered some contracts. Thomas Madsen has been a really solid presence in midfield and with others perhaps casting an eye on him we got him this lovely new contract.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.21.22.png
Size:  99.7 KB

In terms of new signings we have brought in Michael Moller. For a club record £3.1M we bring in the young striker to bolster our options after Jensen.

We are also looking to bring in Marco Ramkilde. He has scored in almost every game against us and actually beat Troels Jensen to the top goalscorer award! I have never had the option for a player to try and endorse the move to a club Troels Jensen is good friends so I asked him to put in a good word for us.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.18.46.png
Size:  47.7 KB

Season Review:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.07.02.png
Size:  114.5 KB

The season went as planned and it is good to finally see that attendance is growing!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.12.33.png
Size:  231.1 KB

After some great performances we have been given the title for the Biggest Overachievers yet again.

In addition to the title we also get some money!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.12.22.png
Size:  28.4 KB

Speaking of money, we have had a bit of a good year from a business point of view.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.13.28.png
Size:  112.0 KB

We are up across the board and even fans from abroad are buying Middelfart merchandise!

Now this is very odd, because of our financial success the directors have decided to give themselves a bonus of £650k. Nice little bonus for myself wouldn't have gone amiss!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.13.09.png
Size:  41.3 KB

Another first for me, as we get £5K for our good discipline in the league!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.13.56.png
Size:  28.6 KB

Our final standing in the league saw us lose only twice during the season. We have won more in the past, but draws have let us down this year.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 16.30.33.png
Size:  104.4 KB

That is it then, the season draws to a close and I can focus on the England job for a few month.

I have enjoyed this season a lot and look forward to next year.

UP. THE. FARTS!!

Lippo255 likes this.

39. Whoof, broadcasting revenues are way down...

Did you win manager of the year in the end?

Fine season otherwise aren't you hilariously tapping up that striker? Haha

40. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Whoof, broadcasting revenues are way down...

Did you win manager of the year in the end?

Fine season otherwise aren't you hilariously tapping up that striker? Haha
    If I am correct I think we get a bulk payment later on this month or next that will boost it by £20M or so I hope. If not it is a worry.

Manager of the Year only gets announced in December I believe, yeah I hope I don't get into any bother like the Liverpool and VVD debacle haha

41. Click image for larger version

Name:	England_crest_2009.svg.png
Views:	430
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	1130100
    International Duty - England
    To avoid any confusion I thought I would do a summary of the international games and update them all at once.

Being the England boss has it's perks, I have a large network available to me, a hefty increase in personal stature and some decent money to go with it. It does not mean the job is easy. With the expectation very high, wins are crucial. One slip up and my reputation could be in tatters.

I have a few friendlies and other games to get the squad gelling as well as possible and will hope to get to the final of either the Euros or the World Cup.

World Cup Qualifier: England vs Kosovo
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 21.54.01.png
Views: 423
Size:  124.6 KB

Wembley was packed and they got a hell of a game. Attacking from the off Harry Kane led the way before youngster Aramide Gordon scored a brace. 5 different scorers shows we can score without relying on Kane. Kosovo got a lucky break but I am pretty happy.

World Cup Qualifiers: Azerbaijan vs England
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 22.11.04.png
Views: 422
Size:  90.1 KB

A professional like approach ensured that we maintained our 100% record and young lad John Travis made good on his start.

International League Semi Final: England vs Spain
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 20.38.24.png
Views: 417
Size:  128.5 KB

Now I don't think this tournament is very credible but a packed house at Wembley and a win over Spain? C'mon thats got to be worth a tip of the hat. Woodburn has been on fire and I am glad the lad chose England in this game rather than Wales. Rashford is still a world class talent and coming in from the left wing, he has been deadly.

Now that the club season is over we only have 3 more games to play on the international scene.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 11.38.15.png
Views: 415
Size:  45.4 KB

6 points from the first 2 games should be expected. The final against Italy will be tough but a good measure of where we are.

World Cup Qualifiers: San Marino vs England
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 11.52.43.png
Views: 420
Size:  108.2 KB

Demolition job, the only disappointment was that we only scored 1 in the second half.

World Cup Qualifiers: England vs Croatia
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 13.58.27.png
Views: 416
Size:  68.3 KB

We have sold out Wembley again and put on a show. Coasting at 3-0 up Alen Halilovic hits a long range screamer but in reality it was no contest.

International League Final: England vs Italy

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 18.03.50.png
Views: 412
Size:  155.7 KB

Phew! A tough game but we got the breakthrough with Dele Alli capping off a lovely flowing attack with multiple passes. Ben Woodburn slots home a pen and we take home some bragging rights and possibly a trophy? I'm not sure!

I have won every game in charge as England boss and I am only ever going to share a 100% record with Sam Allardyce.

I hope that we can maintain this into the World Cup and lift the first trophy since 1966.

UP THE LIONS!
    kolas79 likes this.

42. I truly don't understand the Euro International League thing. Is it just some random new unlicensed tournament setup that FM has put in the game for no apparent reason? Clearly it doesn't exist in real life, so I'm struggling to rationalise its existence in the game. It's in FM16 too. As far as I can tell the only purpose it serves is to make EVERY summer an international summer, which means pre-season is always a complete mess due to players being absent for long stretches on international leave and then knackered when they get back meaning they need to go on holiday for the whole pre-season, or even for long stretches during the season itself.

Gah. I hate that international league.

43. Name:  Ekstra_Bladet_logo.png
Views: 410
Size:  4.2 KB

Middelfart: Summer Insight
    After another historic campaign which saw Middelfart lift their third consecutive Superliga title, we have spent some time at the club of the Champions to review bits of the season and get some insight into the future of this exciting, growing club.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 11.37.45.png
Size:  261.0 KB

For the players accolades, Troels Jensen grabs the headlines. Almost 40 goals across all competitions and 7 Man of the Match performances show exactly why he was voted the Player of the Season at Middelfart's end of season awards.

In other aspects Mattias Svanberg created a new club record for assists. 13 in total saw him rank among the best creators in the league.

Thomas Madsen got into the Team of the Year and a key reason behind that is his 84% pass completion rate, he often was the catalyst for moves from midfield and was always a threat with his wide passing range.

In more recent news we managed to catch up with manager van der Westhuizen to get his thoughts on the new project.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 11.41.28.png
Views: 414
Size:  36.9 KB

"We want to build a stadium to be proud of, one where we can host our European games here. The board have supported this notion and planning started last year, so it should be done soon." said the boss.

"Soon? Isn't the planning completion only finish in 2027?"

"WHAT?! 3 years just to draw some pictures? What are they doing?!"

We left the boss as he began hurling abuse in all directions, so we continued our tour of the much improved facilities.

Into the Physio department and we are met by Willi Thal-Drexel the head physio who is working on DC Adnan Curovic who was suffered a nasty cruciate ligament tear and has been working hard to get back to training for the new season.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 13.42.09.png
Views: 414
Size:  53.4 KB

We are also quite lucky to be here on the day where Shinji Kagawa has come to say his goodbyes and receive a parting gift from everyone at Middelfart.
    The Japanese legend has decided to hang up his boots and brings a close to an illustrious career which has seen him pick up many accolades and medals.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 13.45.41.png
Views: 407
Size:  200.1 KB

"I am sad to be retiring, football has always been a part of my life and it will continue to be. My body just won't keep up with my mind but I feel like I have given something to this special club and have every faith that they will continue to grow and be successful." Shinji answered to our questions.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 14.25.30.png
Size:  234.1 KB

The Superliga Review always comes out a bit late and confirms by and large what we already knew.

There is definitely a buzz around this club and they have gone on to their opening friendly in Germany and managed a win against capable side Greuther Furth.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 18.12.03.png
Views: 408
Size:  100.3 KB

In other news we have ended on a bit of a sour note. Club favourite and multiple Player of the Season winner, Alexander Molberg has reportedly rejected a new contract offer.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 18.22.20.png
Views: 413
Size:  95.3 KB

Among all the good news, there is inevitably some bad and with any new developments, we will get you up to date here at Ekstra Bladet.

44. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    I truly don't understand the Euro International League thing. Is it just some random new unlicensed tournament setup that FM has put in the game for no apparent reason? Clearly it doesn't exist in real life, so I'm struggling to rationalise its existence in the game. It's in FM16 too. As far as I can tell the only purpose it serves is to make EVERY summer an international summer, which means pre-season is always a complete mess due to players being absent for long stretches on international leave and then knackered when they get back meaning they need to go on holiday for the whole pre-season, or even for long stretches during the season itself.

Gah. I hate that international league.
    I have not had much experience of it before to be honest, I haven't managed an international side because I simply can't be bothered really. I suppose it would be more of a pain for my club players but I have a handful of internationals so not a big deal really.

45. Click image for larger version

Name:	sky-sports-news-UK-logo.png
Views:	335
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1130374
    Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 324
Size:  16.1 KB

Insight: Middelfart
    The new season is upon us and the fans in Denmark are keen for more Superliga action. 3 time champions Middelfart have been busy in the transfer window and we have taken some time to look at the squad.

Goalkeepers:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.33.37.png
Views:	335
Size:	502.3 KB
ID:	1130375Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.33.46.png
Views:	328
Size:	502.6 KB
ID:	1130376
    Mathias Hammer is the number 1 and with age on his side, will be for the foreseeable future. The future of Lorentzen is in doubt as he has been listed. Perhaps we will see one more keeper come in before the window closes?

Defenders:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.33.57.png
Views:	332
Size:	509.1 KB
ID:	1130377Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.34.08.png
Views:	333
Size:	492.4 KB
ID:	1130378

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.34.19.png
Views:	328
Size:	493.2 KB
ID:	1130379Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.34.59.png
Views:	327
Size:	502.8 KB
ID:	1130381Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.35.12.png
Views:	326
Size:	512.2 KB
ID:	1130380
    With only 1 player at both the Left and Right back positions, many believe that Middelfart need to invest in some cover. Along the centre of defence there are multiple options with Molberg and Brabec looking likely starts. Kabongo is there if needed but the defence could do with some back ups.

Midfielders:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.35.27.png
Size:	500.6 KB
ID:	1130382Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.35.39.png
Size:	508.4 KB
ID:	1130383

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.35.57.png
Views:	333
Size:	509.1 KB
ID:	1130384Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.36.06.png
Views:	325
Size:	515.4 KB
ID:	1130385

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.36.16.png
Views:	325
Size:	510.9 KB
ID:	1130386Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.36.48.png
Views:	323
Size:	516.0 KB
ID:	1130387

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.37.07.png
Views:	317
Size:	513.8 KB
ID:	1130388Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.37.18.png
Views:	322
Size:	518.2 KB
ID:	1130389
    With plenty of cover via versatile players across the park. We have noted that their is real attacking emphasis from Middelfart as they have not focused so heavily on defensive midfielders in recent years. The star players are Benny Nielsen who will be keen to make a name for himself in the absence of other injured start Lee Hyuk-Jin who has 4 months out with a broken leg.

Attackers:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.37.28.png
Views:	319
Size:	513.6 KB
ID:	1130390Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.37.39.png
Views:	317
Size:	513.2 KB
ID:	1130391

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.37.51.png
Views:	320
Size:	499.0 KB
ID:	1130392Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.39.04.png
Views:	321
Size:	519.1 KB
ID:	1130393Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 11.39.14.png
Views:	323
Size:	503.0 KB
ID:	1130394
    Reinforcements in the attacking department have been a priority for Middelfart. Having relied heavily on Troels Jensen last term, they have employed the services of league top scorer Ramkilde and promising talents Moller and Rui Correia. Gonzalez seems to be on his way out of the club following a dispute in contract agreements.

Beyond the first team the quality is worrying, injury free Middelfart will be competitive. If anything does happen however it would be difficult to stay competitive if they do not get some decent cover. Perhaps the significant youth investment could be the answer as the academy players are providing real options for Middelfart.

As always, we will bring you any breaking transfer news first here at Sky Sports News.
    kolas79 likes this.

46. Name:  middelfart logo.png
Views: 232
Views: 299

New Season - July
    All the waiting is over. Preseason is over. The Superliga is back and we area ready to attempt a fourth consecutive title. I feel happier with the quality of players we have in the attacking third and we have managed to keep together the defence. We start off the year with a potential 3 Champions League fixtures and 2 Superliga games. Hopefully start as we mean to go on!

Champions League Qualifier: Middelfart vs Cliftonville
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.35.48.png
Views: 235
Size:  62.2 KB

One of the only games we can play in our home stadium due to the low enough attendance to fit everyone in the seated section. A masterful 6 minute hat trick from Jensen and a debut goal for Moller sees us have a huge advantage going into the away leg.

Danish Superliga: AC Horsens vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 22.15.45.png
Size:  116.2 KB

Back to domestic football and the goals keep coming. This time a hat trick from Mattias Svanberg and Michael Moller added another to his tally. We did lapse in our concentration and conceded 2 sloppy goals. I was not happy at all but we get off to a winning start in the league.

Champions League Qualifier: Cliftonville vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 16.47.50.png
Size:  66.1 KB

With the first leg already giving us a massive boost the second leg was a massacre. Jensen scores his second hat trick of the season in only his third game. Moller missed a penalty but winning 11-0 on aggregate, the miss seems insignificant.
    Shout out to Marco Ramkilde who scored his first goal for Middelfart.

Danish Superlige: Middelfart vs Lyngby
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 09.54.17.png
Size:  131.4 KB

Jensen scores and Perez strikes from long range. A good performance for the win but we could and should have gone up a gear.

Champions League Qualifier: Stormgodset vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.00.14.png
Size:  147.6 KB

Another qualifier and another win. We opted for a 4-4-2 tactic to play Jensen and Ramkilde together. It worked! Both strikers scored and Ramkilde added another. A good set up for the second leg, which if we win will secure progression to the group stages.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.02.28.png
Size:  75.5 KB

Due to the success, I have been offered a contract and I want to see how the seasons go! A nice £4k a week looks insignificant against my £80k England wage.

Player of the Month:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.02.55.png
Size:  162.2 KB

We get 4 players into the Team of the Month but only one takes the Player of the Month award.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.03.02.png
Views: 236
Size:  134.9 KB

Mattias Svanberg comes runner up (unfairly) despite scoring 1 more goal and playing one more game than the winner. He has been red hot and we hope he either makes or cores goals for the rest of the year.

Monthly Review:
    A perfect month! 100% record with many goals.We are 1 point and one game behind Brondby so will be top after we catch up. I am not only happy with where we are but also how we have played.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.09.55.png
Size:  223.0 KB

The player stats are impressive so far. Jensen already into double figures after the first month. Ipoua has made 4 assists to his name and we have been well disciplined too.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.10.04.png
Views: 236
Size:  244.8 KB

UP. THE. FARTS!!!
    kolas79 likes this.

47. Blimey, 7-0 away is no small feat, qualifier or not.

How did that guy win player of the month when he didn't even get into team of the month...?

48. Quote Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
    Blimey, 7-0 away is no small feat, qualifier or not.

How did that guy win player of the month when he didn't even get into team of the month...?
    I was well impressed! I really don't know. I think there is a conspiracy in Danish football to limit our success.

49. Name:  middelfart logo.png

August
    August always seems to me as the official start to the season. The transfer window closes at the end of the month and we have a lot of games to get through. I have a feeling after their strong finish at the end of last season, Copenhagen will be right up there this year and will challenge us all the way.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 09.40.16.png
Size:  148.1 KB

In the opening half an hour we were relentless and clinical. Jensen is a god.

Champions League Qualifier: Middelfart vs Stromgodset
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.05.16.png
Size:  104.1 KB

A fast start is all we need to add to the first leg win and see us through to the playoff.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Vejle
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.16.14.png
Views: 175
Size:  117.6 KB

With some player rested we were groggy at the start and conceded early on. Chasing the game we scored an equaliser through Perez and looked to be on the verge of scoring again, sadly it was not to be and we conceded an unfortunate own goal. Our first loss of the campaign.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Hobro IK
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.37.48.png
Size:  121.6 KB

With a statement of intent we looked to go out and blow them away. 3-0 up and the players relaxed despite me demanding more.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.42.19.png
Size:  46.8 KB

Molberg overtakes Radza as our record appearance maker! Well done lad.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.42.40.png
Size:  128.3 KB

Before the end of the window, I have managed to bring in Nathaniel Clyne. A very experienced fullback, who will help Ipoua get to the next level and also chip in himself I hope. A one year deal sees him become our highest paid player, but hopefully the risk will be worth it.

Champions League Qualifier Playoff: Middelfart vs Goteborg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 11.11.18.png
Views: 173
Size:  94.6 KB

It took a long time to break down a stubborn Goteborg side and it was youngster Michael Moller who did it. We get the advantage and just need one more win to get into the group stages.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 11.51.04.png
Views: 168
Size:  122.8 KB

With his good performances in the past few weeks, Molberg deserves a new contract and we sign him up for another couple of years.

Danish Superliga: OB vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 13.05.24.png
Views: 168
Size:  78.2 KB

Usually I would say this is a derby, it still is but we have battered them for years. That theme continued as we were comfortable in this win.

Champions League Playoff: Goteborg vs Middelfart
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 13.26.58.png
Size:  159.5 KB

A very tense game that was settled by the aggregate score in the end. We are through to the group stages again! You know what that means, PAYY MEEE!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 13.27.30.png
Views: 172
Size:  32.1 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 13.27.38.png
Views: 177
Size:  30.6 KB

Look at all that money!! Oh yeahhh.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 13.29.06.png
Size:  87.6 KB

Fuck. That's not an easy draw.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby IF
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 13.45.16.png
Views: 175
Size:  155.7 KB

Correia comes in for a tired Jensen and does really well, I thought the lad would have scored his hat trick but it was not meant to be.

Monthly Review:
    A slight slip up with that loss but nothing to panic about. Copenhagen do look strong, we will see how they do at keeping it up.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 13.46.20.png
Views: 174
Size:  228.7 KB

Player of the Month: Molberg has had some month, new contract, new record for the lad. Played out of his skin and all.

UP. THE. FARTS!

50. Middelfart - let's not follow through-england_national_football_team_logo_-1999-2003-.pngMiddelfart - let's not follow through-middelfart-boldklub-2015.jpg

Season End!
    Seeing as the release of the latest version of FM is at hand, I have decided to do all the graft off screen and just post a season by season update.

Middelfart: Unfortunately I lost the images of the season but I can tell you that our reign as Danish Superliga Champions has come to an end. We finished second behind rivals Copenhagen, who have got their act together and went the season almost undefeated.
    On the plus side we won the Danish Cup again so the board and fans are happy.

The new stadium is being built and sadly they have not named it after me, they have instead gone for the more predictable 'Middelfart Stadium'. The build will be complete in the next 2 years.
    We also have some Youth Facilities that are being completed and should be done by the end of next year.

The squad is doing well but their success is drawing interest from others. Clubs abroad are looking at Benny Nielsen, Mattias Svanberg and Troels Jensen. It'll be a fight to keep them.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 20.52.26.png
Views: 6
Size:  68.8 KB

England:
    The main news? It is World Cup time!

Now the media and England fans have been pessimistic about our chances and they may have a point. We are ranked 12th in the world and other teams are flying high, but hey I am the manager and I have to remain positive.

Group Stages: A mixed bag for the draw. We face Brazil, Ghana and South Korea. We should be able to qualify.
    First up was South Korea, we took an early lead but then were unable to capatilise. We conceded and it took a late goal from Ben Woodburn to get us the 3 points. Next was Brazil, now I don't know what happened but we absolutely smashed them. 3-0 up by half time and it stayed that way! Final game was against Ghana, we should win. The Ghanaians had different ideas, taking the lead and then pressing on. We just couldn't get back into it! Our first loss of the tournament.

Knockout stages: We faced formidable opponents. Argentina, Mexico and Holland. By some miracle we got through to the Final! A penalty win against the Dutch, a 6-1 win against the Mexicans and a 2-1 Argentine dismantling mean we face....... GHANA! They have had some tournament!

The Final:
    Both teams were probably long shots of making the final but here we are! England vs Ghana again and it is time for revenge!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 20.20.39.png
Size:  124.2 KB

A first half blitz seems to be the way forward, as we score all 3 goals in the opening 40 minutes. Marcus Rashford was unplayable and single handedly got us the cup!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 20.21.02.png
Size:  211.1 KB

What a tournament!

I don't think I will be able to top this at all and due to my urgency of trying to get through the seasons as quick as possible, it is with this in mind that I have tendered my resignation from the national set up.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 20.52.58.png
Size:  40.7 KB

It has been some year. More silverware with Middelfart, lifting the World Cup and also being named Manager of the Year as well.

UP. THE. FARTS!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO