• 1 Post By stonecold
  • 1 Post By stonecold

Scottish Journeyman Chronicles - Moving on from Aberdeen in 2036

1. Scottish Journeyman Chronicles - Moving on from Aberdeen in 2036

Donald forced to quit Aberdeen

Name:  profile 1.png
Views: 521
Size:  280.3 KB

After Aberdeen refused to agree a package to release Darran Donald from his contract he has quit the club after almost 20 seasons in charge at the club

Name:  stats so far.png
Views: 521
Size:  900.2 KB

Here was our trophy haul together

-----Aberdeen Trophy Count-----
    18* SPL
    19* Scottish League Cup
    16* Scottish Cup
    3* Champions League
    3* World Club Cup

Further stats are on the OP of that save
    Aberdeen Save

I have also quit as Scotland manager to fully develop our club sides

-----Scotland History-----
    World Cup 2018 2nd Round
    Euro 2020 2nd Round
    World Cup 2022 - Failed to Qualify
    Euro 2024 2nd Round
    World Cup 2026 - Semi Finals
    Euro 2028 Group Phase
    World Cup 2030 - Runner Ups
    Euro 2032 - Semi Finals
    International League 2033 - Runner Up
    World Cup 2034 - Runner Ups

Onto the future

I plan to move around the best SPL teams trying to at least make them relevant in Europe and maybe even close the gap on Aberdeen

Dundee Utd appoint new manager

Name:  New manager.png
Views: 514
Size:  328.7 KB

Dropping down a division to fulfill the dreams of our maverick Italian owner
    Name:  club stats 1.png
Views: 520
Size:  920.9 KB

A very light trophy cabinet to work on
    Name:  club stats 2.png
Views: 516
Size:  906.6 KB

The past 20 seasons have been a total disaster for United with only 2 seasons in the SPL and 5 in League 1
    Name:  club stats 3.png
Views: 512
Size:  899.0 KB

And with only 2 wins since new year
    Name:  club stats 3.png
Views: 512
Size:  899.0 KB

Which leave us with 4 cup finals, god i hate that expression. Were just 1 point out of the playoff spots so a few wins should be enough to reach the top 4 but were 5 points and 4 teams away from 2nd so would have to win the lot and get some help along the way

Name:  club stats 4.png
Views: 504
Size:  826.4 KB

The Squad
    Name:  squad.png
Views: 502
Size:  906.3 KB

Not sure how many of these guys will play more than half a dozen games here but here's how we line up for now. Whatever happens big changes in the summer because.....

THE TRANSFER EMBARGO IS OVER!

Name:  images.png
Views: 502
Size:  5.8 KB

Only in this save, 2 more years in the Aberdeen save so if you like transfers here's were you want to be.

Last edited by stonecold; 30/09/2017 at 04:54 PM.
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

2. Match 33
    Forfar vs Dundee Utd

Great way to start and a true note of where we are now. My first match at Dundee Utd is as a 11/1 underdog

Forfar 2-1 Dundee Utd
    Name:  match.png
Views: 479
Size:  664.4 KB

Not the start i wanted. Impossible to judge where we are thanks to a red card after 3 minutes. The result means the best we can hope for is 4th with even 3rd looking beyond us after just 1 game.

Match 34
    Dundee Utd vs Inverness CT
    Two teams who are just outside the top 4 and a defeat for either could end there season.

Dundee Utd 3-0 Inverness CT
Views: 479
Size:  607.0 KB

In was a nervous start and for the first 20 minute the game was a tight close fought affair before 10 magic minutes put us 3 goals clear. A late consolation for Caley was far too late to impact the result. 2 games to go and were right back in the playoff hunt.

Match 35
    Dundee Utd vs Livingston
    This is our easiest match on paper against already relegated Livingston. Having said that they did just beat champions Forfar

Dundee Utd 5-2 Livingston
Views: 480
Size:  664.1 KB

This should have been in the bag after we scored 3 goals in the first 21 minutes but it got tough right after the break when Livi had it back to 3-2. our superior stamina came through and 2 goals toward the end makes this look better than it was. Sadly Forfar missed a 90th minute penalty and failed to beat St Johnstone so its now impossible to catch them for 2nd and we'll need a result against them in our final game to secure a top 4 spot.

Match 36
    Dundee Utd vs St Johnstone
    Final game of the season. St Johnstone have locked down a play off spot as have Queen of the South and because 2nd is still up for grabs St Johnstone cant rest players for this match and will want a win as much as we do. Difference is if we dont win we might not make the playoffs.

Dundee Utd 4-2 St Johnstone
Views: 476
Size:  665.9 KB

As our home games seem to go it was a close first 20 minutes then we turned on the afterburners and the way St Johnstone are set up they were all but beaten once they were 2 goals down. Ally Tiffoney almost made me eat my words but we stayed on and two more goals in the 2nd half locked down our playoff spot.

Playoff Draw
    Name:  Playoff draw.png
Views: 480
Size:  296.1 KB

And it's St Johnstone who we'll play in the first of a possible 6 games that will decide what league we'll play in next season.

Aberdeen have also appointed there full time manager
    Name:  dons boss.png
Views: 477
Size:  329.9 KB

3. Play Off 1st Round

1st Leg
    Dundee Utd 1-0 St Johnstone
    Name:  1st leg.png
Views: 415
Size:  656.9 KB

After taking the lead in the 3rd minute i would have expected a lot more than a 1 goal win but at least we kept a clean sheet that could be huge with our form on the road being abysmal

2nd Leg
    St Johnstone 2-2 Dundee Utd
    Name:  2nd leg.png
Views: 416
Size:  685.3 KB

We played it tight with the first leg lead and when we doubled it through substitute Brownlie we took a step back and when a St Johnstone own goal put us 3 goals clear we shut up shop and rested for the next round when St Johnstone began a comeback but thankfully it ended with 2 goals.
    Dundee Utd win 3-2 on Agg

Second Round Draw
    Dundee Utd vs Queen of the South
    Name:  Next round draw.png
Views: 414
Size:  294.3 KB

The two sides with the biggest financial backing in the league. Both have been taken over by consortium in the past few seasons. Not the biggest takeover however as Raith were taken over by Lithuanians, Hearts fans look away!

TheBattman and kolas79 like this.

4. Nice twist on the story my friend ! I will be waiting your big away encounter against your former club. Surely it is going to be very emotional !!!
    stonecold likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kolas79 View Post
    Nice twist on the story my friend ! I will be waiting your big away encounter against your former club. Surely it is going to be very emotional !!!
    It will be especially emotional if they thump us 5-0 or worse haha. I'm just waiting till i write out Aberdeen in a post instead of Dundee Utd. Just a matter of when not if
    kolas79 likes this.

6. Playoff 2nd round

1st Leg
    Dundee Utd 3-0 QOTS
Views: 292
Size:  596.0 KB

Easily our best display since i took over. Its take about a month to get this team playing the way i want. Fitness is starting to be a issue leaving a big question on who to play in the 2nd leg. I cant see us throwing away a 3 goal lead if we rest a few.

2nd Leg
    QOTS 1-0 Dundee Utd
    Dundee Utd win 3-1 on Agg
Views: 295
Size:  686.0 KB

Dang that couldnt have been rougher on my heart. We changed 9 players leaving our star on the bench and the VERY risky move worked out as we built a wall Donald Trump and the Chineese would be proud of that gets us through the the final playoffs with a lot of rest for our first 11

Draw
    Name:  Ranges Draw.png
Views: 294
Size:  290.0 KB

You have to be kidding me!

kolas79 likes this.

7. Play Off Final

Rangers have the third best squad in the league but a slow start seen Roy Carroll's 14 seasons at the club ended when he was sacked before moving on to Liverpool. rangers have gone the other way under Ricki Lamie who had them bottom at one stage but after moving into the top 10 a late defeat to St Mirren sent them into the play off

Name:  pre game.png
Views: 170
Size:  282.8 KB

1st Leg
    Dundee Utd 5-0 Rangers
Views: 169
Size:  656.8 KB

Can we start getting the SPFL badges on our shirts? we went into the 2nd half in the lead but the whole tie changed when Rangers went down to 10 men and set up the strangest formation i've seen. They put nobody on there left wing so we went more attacking and focused down the right and a further 4 goals including 3 from Noble. The two own goals and the red card for Black tells me these players probably want to drop down a division

2nd Leg
    Rangers 1-1 Dundee Utd
    Dundee Utd win 6-1 on Agg
Views: 171
Size:  682.4 KB

The second leg was a formality and we'll be in the SPL with a whole new team next season!

Sadly we'll never know how this will turn out as i've had a major job at work that ha had me locked down for the past 2 week so i'm not going to be doing this save since FM18 is out in under a month and i have no idea how much time i'll have to play
    TheBattman likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO