Like Tree162Likes

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!

ATALANTA APPOINT ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO AS THEIR NEW MANAGER

Atalanta today announced that a legend of Italian football - Alessandro Del Piero - has agreed to become their new manager. Del Piero, nicknamed Golden Boy, played with Padova before starring for Juventus for most of his career before finishing off in Australia. He also won over 90 caps for Italy.

Del Piero, despite having no previous link with Atalanta, was appointed as he is a young, hungry manager and wants to build a team with attacking flair and skill to reflect his playing career.

Atalanta have not got a rich history with regards to trophies. They have won Serie B twice, the Coppa Italia once and that's it although as a 2nd division side they did reach the Cup-Winners Cup semis which is a record for a non top division side in Europe.

They do however have a rich history in producing players and have helped the likes of Gaetano Scirea, Filippo Inzaghi, Christian Vieri, Giacomo Bonaventura and Davide Zappacosta are just a few names to have come through the club.

--

THE AIM

To overhaul Juventus and build a dynasty in Italian football!!!!! Simple lol.

--

THE DATABASE

This is my custom database. I have spent over a week updating it with promotions and relegations, transfers, released players, cancelling loans etc and even going through Europe to put the right teams in the right competition!

I am off on holiday this week so it will be a great week to start the story - football on tv, FM on the laptop, beers in the fridge - LETS GO!!!!!!

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 17/06/2018 at 09:10 AM.

2. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

PRE-SEASON & AUGUST

Picture the scene. Last night while watching the footy I was getting my squad ready which included releasing over 40 players, loaning out about 30, doing a player search etc - it took me to nearly midnight and then I wake up in the morning, put on Sky Sports News and see that Frosinone got promoted to Serie A instead of Palermo!!! The perfectionist in me says that isn't good enough for me to have promoted Palermo so I had to start all over again but I have to say I have signed everyone I signed originally and am even worse off if anything!!!!

Anywho as I mentioned above I had and still have a load of deadwood in this squad. The downside of keeping a database up to date in Italy and starting a save so early is you have to deal with the 900 players that are usually on loan so I had to shift a load even if only to reduce the wage bill.

Before I reveal my signings I will tell you who I missed out on. Due to the update the Sporting Lisbon players that cancelled their contracts are on a free but Gelson Martins, William Carvalho and Bruno Fernandes preferred Naples, Madrid and Barcelona as their new homes while Bas Dost went to Inter I think and Emre Can is at Barcelona - all on free transfers. I even couldn't sign Ki Sung-Yeung as he joined CSKA Moscow.

Even more infuriatingly was the fact I had bids accepted for D'Amico and Vignato but they weren't interested in moving - AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Finally in the Europa League we have been drawn against Marseille, Sparta Prague and Qalabag.

--

PLAYERS OUT

Dozens!!!! Nearly 40 released, loads loaned out and a few sold. The main sale however was Marco Sportiello who joined Fiorentina for £6.25m. In Gollini and Berisha I have 2 decent keepers so decided to cash in on Sportiello to give me a better budget.

On deadline day I sold veteran defender Andrea Masiello to Sampdoria for £3.8m. He is 31y/o and was 3rd choice plus his contract was up at the end of the season and he wanted a huge pay rise so I chose to cash in.

Other than that I sold a few rubbish players for low fees for a total of £1.5m and loaned out a few with the notable players being De Luca, Drame and D'Alessandro.

--

PLAYERS IN

My starting budget was about £5m so I had work to do as I needed to get a few AMs as well as a full back. Firstly on free transfers I brought in Zeca from Santos and Daniel Podence who was the other player to cancel his Sporting Lisbon contract. Zeca will be my left back and he looks like an amazing player while Podence is only 21y/o and will be my RW. Both players should take us up a level and give us a huge profit in the end.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-zeca_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-daniel-podence_-overview-profile.png

I brought in 2 more Portuguese players. Rafa was transfer listed at Benfica and I paid £4.3m to bring him to Atalanta while Xadas (who did well for me in my Newcastle save) came in from Braga for £850,000. Rafa will challenge Podence at RW but can play on the left and in the middle too while Xadas, who is only 19, is an AMC but can basically play anywhere in midfield.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-rafa_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-xadas_-overview-profile.png

My most expensive signing was the £5m I paid to Vasco Da Gama for Evander. The 19y/o looks like a player and will challenge Ilicic as my AMC. At the very least I hope he will progress into a fine player and we should make a profit on the lad.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-evander_-overview-profile.png

I also signed 2 youngsters. Luke Adzic came in from Red Star Belgrade for £600,000. The RW is only 18y/o and is a hot prospect but die to the foreigner rule in Italy I have loaned him back for the rest of the season. My other prospect is Moise Kean who obviously is a beast of a player. I have got him on a 2 year loan but the downside is if he does as well as he should it only makes it harder for me to get him off of Juventus permanently!!! He will be my backup LW.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-luka-adzic_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-moise-kean_-overview-profile.png

Finally on deadline day brought Mattia Caldara back to the club on a 2 year loan deal from Juventus with a clause that we can buy him for £17.5m. I actually agreed the deal a week before but couldn't afford it and it was only when Masiello left that the deal could go through. Caldara is a wonderful CB and the fact that he is a player home-grown by the club is an added bonus.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-mattia-caldara_-overview-profile.png

--

SQUAD

My first XI is very competitive. I have 2 good keepers, a decent back four, some talented attacking midfielders and in Petagna I have a striker who knows his way to goal. I think my main weakness is in CM but I didn't have the budget to fix every position!!!!

I hope to qualify for the Europa League next season and I think I have a squad to do that.

--

AUGUST

v
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 16, Melegoni 76)
    Fiorentina 0

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Mancini, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence (Rafa), Ilicic (Evander), Gomez, Petagna*

A fantastic first game in charge - we were excellent. Fiorentina never troubled us and we dominated throughout. We took the lead when Petagna flicked in at the near post from a Gomez cross and from then on we piled on the pressure. In the 2nd half they had Benassi sent-off and within 5min I made my subs and one of them - hot prospect Melegoni - scored!!!

--

v
    Roma 2 (El Shaarawy 17, Schick 22)
    Atalanta 0

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Mancini, Rafael Toloi, Gosens, de Roon*, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence (Rafa), Ilicic, Gomez (Kean), Petagna

This was an extremely harsh result as we matched Roma throughout. We missed so many chances and hit the woodwork a few times but in the end they were more ruthless than us and that was the difference in the end.

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 17/06/2018 at 09:34 PM.

3. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

SEPTEMBER

v
    Atalanta 4 (Ilicic 20, 24, 67, Petagna 32)
    Genoa 1 (Hiljemark 73)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon (Joao Schmidt), Freuler, Rafa, Ilicic*, Gomez (Kean), Petagna

We were excellent here as we put Genoa to the sword. Ilicic was immense and he scored a hat-trick while Petagna scored again which was nice - encouraging signs.

--

UEFA Europa League Group H
    v
    Sparta Prague 0
    Atalanta 2 (Rafa 86, Melegoni 88)

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello, Mancini, Palomino (Bastoni), Gosens, Evander, Melegoni, Rafa*, Xadas, Kean, Cornelius (Capone)

I played my backups here and they did a fine job. It looked like we were getting a respectable draw but then Rafa scored an incredible goal as he got the ball in his own half and just ran and ran with it before slotting past their keeper. Melegoni then scored from the edge of the box to seal the victory.

--

v
    Torino 1 (Belotti 50)
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 24, Caldara 85)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Gosens), de Roon, Freuler, Rafa (Xadas), Ilicic, Gomez (Kean), Petagna

A very impressive away performance as we defeat Torino. Our winning goal was pretty special as Kean chipped the ball into the box and Caldara volleyed in first time from an angle.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Gomez 20, Podence 24, Petagna 31)
    Udinese 0

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne(Hateboer), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Ilicic (Evander), Gomez*, Petagna

Another convincing victory as we win 3 in a row in the league that sees us move up to 2nd in the table. We play the top team, Inter Milan, next.

--

v
    Inter Milan 3 (Dost 37, 63, Mensah 53)
    Atalanta 0

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne (Hateboer), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Podence (Xadas), Ilicic (Evander), Gomez, Petagna

The scoreline makes it look like we got a thumping but not so - we actually had 15 attempts at goal!!! That being said they had 22 and deserved the win.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Gomez 70, Kean 77, Evander 88)
    Marseille 2 (N'jie 4, Germain 45)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, de Roon, Melegoni, Podence (Kean), Ilicic (Evander), Gomez*, Petagna

WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!! We were 2 down at half-time and looked out of it but when I made my triple substitution we came to life. Gomez scored a peach from distance, Kean tapped in after a Melegoni long range shot was parried and Evander slotted home the late winner.

--

SUMMARY

We had our first full month of fixtures and it went pretty well all told. We won every match apart from our defeat against Inter and even got a great comeback victory over Marseille.

It was also a good month for Andrea Petagna as he scored a few goals, generally played well, got a new contract and got called up to the Italy squad for the first time!!!

Octobers fixtures are quite kind so hopefully we can build up a bit of momentum before we face the likes of Napoli, Juventus and AC Milan.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ANDREA PETAGNA
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-petagna_-overview-profile.png

--

SERIE A
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages.png

4. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

OCTOBER

v
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 18, Podence 48)
    Parma 1 (Di Gaudio 44)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon (Haas), Melegoni, Podence*, Ilicic (Xadas), Gomez (Kean), Petagna

We bounce back in the league with victory here. Our 2nd goal was a fantastic team move which was finished off by Podence from a Zeca cross.

--

v
    Frosinone 0
    Atalanta 3 (Podence 32, Petagna 36, 38)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Ilicic (Evander), Gomez, Petagna*

Nice and easy. Once again Podence scored by being at the end of Zeca's cross after a fine team move while Petagna's 2nd goal was hilarious as he headed off the bar and the ball bounced off him as he fell and rolled in!!!

--

v
    Qarabag 0
    Atalanta 2 (Evander 8, Paloschi 29)

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello, Mancini (Bastoni), Palomino*, Gosens, Xadas (Mazzocchi), Melegoni, Rafa, Evander, Kean, Paloschi (Cornelius)

Out came the backups again and they did the job as we now have won all 3 group games.

--

v
    Atalanta 2 (Podence 51, Evander 90)
    Spal 0

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Podence*, Ilicic (Evander), Gomez (Kean), Petagna (Paloschi)

3 wins in a row for the 2nd time already in Serie A this season. Our first goal? Zeca runs down the left and crosses it in for Podence to finish at the back post yet again!!!! Our final goal was a counter attack and Podence squared for Evander for a tap in. This win takes us top of the table.

--

v
    Sassuolo 0
    Atalanta 2 (Gomez 38, Ilicic 56)

Lineup
    - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon (Evander), Freuler, Podence, Ilicic*, Gomez, Petagna (Kean)

Another win!!! We were helped by the fact that they had a man sent-off in the first 20min and once we took the lead it was game over in truth.

--

v
    Atalanta 0
    Lazio 1 (Wallace 42)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Ilicic, Gomez (Kean), Petagna (Paloschi)

Apparently we went into this match as favourites but in the end Lazio deserved their win and even had an early goal disallowed.

--

SUMMARY

As I eluded to in the previous month, October had some kind fixtures and our results showed that. We won every game apart from the home defeat against Lazio which was quite annoying.

We are currently 2nd in the table but if you swapped our position with Juventus in 6th you would pprobably have the top 6 sides in Italy lining up although Lazio may have something to say about that - especially having beaten us.

Off the field my chairman has agreed to invest in youth and training facilities which is great.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ZECA

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-zeca_-overview-profile.png

--

LEAGUE TABLE
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-2.png
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 18/06/2018 at 04:24 PM.

5. Great story mate, looking forward to your glory as atalanta keep us updated!

6. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

NOVEMBER

v
    Atalanta 1 (Cornelius 80)
    Qarabag 0

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello, Mancini, Palomino*, Gosens, Xadas, Melegoni, Rafa, Evander, Kean, Paloschi (Cornelius)

We laboured to victory here although things could have been different had Paloschi not missed an early penalty.

--

v
    Sampdoria 1 (Caprari 18)
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 86, 90)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Ilicic (Xadas), Gomez (Kean), Petagna*

Sampdoria have 1 win in the league so far and were so close to making it two but Petagna struck twice late on to give us the victory. I actually didn't see the winning goal and thought we drew 1-1 tbh lol!!!

--

v
    Atalanta 4 (Gomez 16, Petagna 45, de Roon 66, Melegoni 90)
    Juventus 1 (Dybala 38)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, de Roon, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence*, Ilicic, Gomez, Petagna

WOW!!!!!! Never did I expect this result. We took the lead before Dybala deservedly levelled but Petagna glanced in a header on the stroke of half-time to give us the lead again. De Roon then scored with a piledriver and Melegoni scored with a looping header at the end. A terrific performance.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (Evander 10)
    Sparta Prague 0

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello, Mancini, Palomino, Gosens, Xadas, Melegoni, Rafa (Podence), Evander (Mazzocchi), Kean, Paloschi (Cornelius)

Not bad. Another run out for my backups and they win which makes it 5 wins out of 5 in the group and we are 7pts clear of 2nd placed Marseille.

--

v
    Bologna 0
    Atalanta 4 (Gomez 1pen, Petagna 6, 60, Ilicic 9)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon (Joao Schmidt), Freuler, Podence*, Ilicic, Gomez (Kean), Petagna

Another fantastic victory. We were gifted a penalty in the 1st minute and were 3up within 10 minutes - after that we just cruised to the finish.

--

SUMMARY

A perfect month!!!! We were immense as we won every single game with the highlight being the 4-1 home victory over Juventus where we were clinical. We rode our luck at times, especially against Sampdoria but on the whole our team was superb.

Petagna has 12 goals in 14 league appearances and is top scorer and has the highest average rating while Podence leads the way in assists (7) and MoM awards (4). In Serie A we are getting the absolute maximum out of our players and we will ride the crest of the wave until it stops.

I also signed a new contract at the end of the month which was nice while during the month Rafael Toloi also signed a new deal.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ANDREA PETAGNA

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-petagna_-overview-profile-2.png

--

LEAGUE TABLE
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-3.png

7. Seems like it's way too easy! At this rate you'll dethrone Juventus in your first season great work though, good read, keep it up!

8. I wish Atalanta were this good for me in the chairman save haha

9. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

DECEMBER

v
    Atalanta 1 (Ilicic 39)
    AC Milan 2 (Biglia 51, Bacca 60)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Ilicic, Gomez (Kean), Petagna (Paloschi)

This was an enthralling match which deserved to be a draw. We battered them in the 1st half and should have been further ahead but they turned the tables around in the 2nd half and were more ruthless in front of goal.

--

v
    Marseille 2 (Ocampos 40, Lopez 70)
    Atalanta 4 (Paloschi 1pen, 84, de Roon 15, Rafa 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello, Mancini, Palomino (Bastoni), Gosens, de Roon*, Melegoni, Rafa, Xadas, Kean, Paloschi

6 wins out of 6!!!!! The fact my backup players defeated Marseille away is a fine feat. Sure I was annoyed when we let a 2 goal lead slip but we scored twice late on to maintain our 100% record in the group.

--

v
    Cagliari 2 (Ibarbo 49, Aguirre 79)
    Atalanta 4 (Petagna 18, 87, Ilicic 22, 27)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence, Ilicic*, Gomez, Petagna

This is the 4th time we have scored 4 goals in Serie A already this season!!! Our players are performing far above their expected levels and I am just going to enjoy riding the crest of the wave while it happens.

--

Coppa Italia 1st Round
    v
    Atalanta 3 (Paloschi 31, 34, 90)
    Padova 0

Lineup - Gollini, Hateboer (Mattiello), Mancini, Palomino (Bastoni), Gosens, Joao Schmidt (Haas), Melegoni, Rafa, Xadas, Kean, Paloschi*

My cup side were never really troubled here as Paloschi's hat-trick doubles his goalscoring tally for the season.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Petagna 8, Podence 17, Rafael Toloi 56)
    Chievo 1 (Hetemaj 47)

Lineup
    - Berisha, Castagne (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler (Evander), Podence*, Ilicic, Gomez (Kean), Petagna

I have just noticed that we are yet to draw a game in both league and cup!!!!! Chievo were no match for us here tbh and our 2 early goals killed the game dead pretty much.

--

v
    Empoli 1 (D'Alessandro 85)
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 18, Melegoni 90)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon (Melegoni*), Freuler, (Evander) Podence, Ilicic (Xadas), Gomez, Petagna

I almost got the draw here but Melegoni scored the winner with a shout for goal of the season as he volleyed in from the edge of the area. Empoli had De Luca and their goalscorer D'Alessandro on loan from us and I was livid when the latter scored a late equaliser.

--

Coppa Italia Quarter-Final
    v
    Juventus 3 (Mandzukic 32, 38, 62)
    Atalanta 4 (Petagna 34, 74, Gomez 63pen, 83)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Ilicic (Xadas), Gomez, Petagna

WOW!!!!! We beat Juventus again and score 4 past them again to make it into the semis. What a comeback this was as at 3-1 down with under half an hour to go we looked doomed but they gave away a needless penalty and that gave us the momentum to get a magnificent away victory.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Petagna 54, Ilicic 61, Kean 65)
    Napoli 3 (Insigne 12, Hamsik 16, 80)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Gosens), de Roon, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Ilicic, Gomez (Kean), Petagna

Now we finally draw a game!!! It was almost another fantastic comeback victory but Hamsik got his 2nd goal late on earn them a point.

DISASTER - Ilicic got injured late on and is out for 7-8 months with damaged cruciate ligaments.

--

SUMMARY

This month was just crazy. It started with a harsh defeat against AC Milan but after that we beat Marseille, Cagliari, Padova and Chievo easily enough before just squeaking past Empoli. Then came the cup quarter-final and our astonishing comeback victory over Juventus and then we almost repeated the same trick over Napoli but we had to settle for the draw.

We end the calendar year 1pt clear at the top of the table, through in Europe where we will face Feyenoord and in the Coppa Italia we have been given an extremely kind draw in Serie B side Cesena in the semis - all good.

Obviously the bad news is Ilicic's long term injury. He has been great for us and scored 9 goals in 21 games but his season is over and it is now up to either Evander or Xadas to take over from him. Hopefully the youngsters can do it.

Also Andrea Petagna has been linked with a move to Man City and I have promised him that we will qualify for the Champions League next season which seemed to appease him - we better not go on a horrible run now!!!!

Finally one of my hopeless U20 players has won the award as Young African Footballer of the Year. Don't know how as he has only played a handful of games for the U20s lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ANDREA PETAGNA

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-petagna_-overview-profile-3.png

--

SERIE A
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-4.png

10. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

JANUARY

v
    Fiorentina 0
    Atalanta 2 (Gomez 20pen, Podence 29)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon (Joao Schmidt), Melegoni, Podence, Evander (Xadas), Gomez (Kean), Petagna*

A strange game - we got absolutely battered in the 1st half yet went into half-time 2-0 up!!! We improved a bit in the 2nd half but overall they were better than us but it is a great result.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Freuler 38, Petagna 40, 60)
    Roma 1 (Kolarov 88)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara (Mancini), Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Melegoni, Freuler, Podence, Evander (D'Amico), Gomez (Kean), Petagna*

Roma are the big side that are underachieving this season and have just sold a few players, notably Strootman, and we piled on the misery here by easily beating them. They even sacked their manager immediately after the match.

New signing Felice D'Amico made his debut here.

--

v
    Genoa 1 (Matri 84)
    Atalanta 1 (Petagna 30)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Gosens), de Roon, Freuler, Podence (D'Amico), Evander (Xadas), Gomez, Petagna*

Another rare draw! I am disappointed that we threw away the lead late on but I cant be too harsh on my players.

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 1st Leg
    v
    Atalanta 2 (Melegoni 4, D'Amico 11)
    Cesena 0

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello (Hateboer), Mancini, Bastoni, Gosens, Xadas, Melegoni, Rafa, D'Amico* (Haas), Kean, Coman

My cup side got a run out here and the win puts us with one foot in the final. D'Amico didn't even last a half before he was injured but he scored a screamer and still got the MoM award while Florinel Coman, who was signed hours before kick-off on deadline day, made his debut.

--

SUMMARY

The new year has started as the old one finished as we continue going strong. We got excellent victories against Fiorentina and Roma before a surprising draw with Genoa before defeating Cesena in the cup.

The main news in the month was transfer related. We spent nearly £20m on four players although only 2 can join just now - which is a risk considering I can make Caldara's move permanent for £17.5m.

The 2 signings who can play just now are
    Felice D'Amico and Florinel Coman who came in from Palermo and Steaua for £4.5m and £4.7m respectively. D'Amico will be my RW in a year or two and although only 17 is in the first team squad while Coman at only 19 is an upgrade on Paloschi.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-felice-damico_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-florinel-coman_-overview-profile.png

Outgoing was basically the rest of my U20s who I couldn't sell in the summer but also one or 2 first team members as Palomino joined Lazio for £6m, Cornelius joined Udinese for £1.9m and Joao Schmidt returned to Brazil for £1.1m. In total I recouped nearly £11m in the window.

I did make a mistake by 18y/o defender Dossena on a new deal. He looked ok but nothing special however Chelsea offered him a deal and he signed it. He is worth over £5m now ffs!!!!! They paid me £250,000 to have him immediately.

I could have raked in over £100m more as I rejected bids for Petagna worth up to £60m and Gomez up to £40m plus Man City bid £15m for Zeca. Zeca isn't happy but hopefully qualifying for the Champions League will shut him up.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ANDREA PETAGNA
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-petagna_-overview-profile-4.png
    (Again!!!!)

--

SERIE A
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-5.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-petagna_-overview-profile-3.png  
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 19/06/2018 at 03:46 PM.

11. Smashing it! Surely not a Serie A title in your first season?!

12. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

FEBRUARY

v

Atalanta 3 (Petagna 26, 56, Coman 74)
    Torino 0

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Evander (Coman), Gomez, Petagna*

A good win this but we were helped when they had a man sent-off shortly after we took the lead.

--

v
    Udinese 2 (De Paul 10, 29)
    Atalanta 4 (Petagna 39, 59, 76, Coman 90)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Gosens), Melegoni, Freuler, Podence, Evander, Gomez (Coman), Petagna*

Petagna's first hat-trick of the season as we get another comeback victory - we never know when we are beat!!! Coman came off the bench to score for the 2nd game running.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg
    v
    Feyenoord 1 (Larsson 14)
    Atalanta 3 (Gomez 5, 32, Coman 78)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi*, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Evander (Kean), Gomez, Petagna (Coman)

A great away victory but it should have been more as Gomez missed a penalty for his hat-trick and Caldara had a goal disallowed. Yet again Coman came off the bench to score!!!! Bad news however as Podence, Gomez and Evander picked up knocks.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (Rafa 22)
    Inter Milan 0

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Gosens), de Roon, Melegoni, Rafa, Freuler, Kean (Coman), Petagna (Paloschi)

STOP DREAMING - WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

This is an amazing victory. It was a tight match but it was won when Rafa finished from a tight angle and after that both teams tried their best but no more goals were coming. This victory is even more remarkable when you consider that I was without my 3 AMCs (Ilicic, Evander, Xadas), 2 RWs (Podence, D'Amico) and my LW (Gomez)!!!!

We are now 4pts clear of Inter and 5 clear of Juventus.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg
    v
    Atalanta 3 (Coman 52, Evander 57pen, Rafa 62)
    Feyenoord 1 (van der Heijden 4)
    (Agg: 6-2)

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello, Mancini, Bastoni, Gosens, de Roon, Melegoni, Rafa, Evander*, Kean, Coman

My cup side did the business here. Feyenoord were actually the better side but we blasted in 3 goals in a 10min spell which just destroyed them.

--

v
    Parma 1 (Ceravolo 90)
    Atalanta 4 (Petagna 22, 52, 90, Rafa 39)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara (Mancini), Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Gosens), de Roon, Freuler, Rafa, Evander, Kean (Coman), Petagna*

Petagna is single handedly driving us towards the title as he picked up his 2nd hat-trick in 3 league games. We were helped by the fact that our player out on loan to Parma, Drame, got sent-off just after we took the lead.

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 2nd Leg
    v
    Cesena 2 (Cacia 25, 89)
    Atalanta 4 (Kean 20, Evander 29pen, 77, Rafa 44)
    (Agg: 2-6)

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello (Hateboer), Mancini, Bastoni, Gosens, Haas, Melegoni, Rafa, Evander*, Kean, Coman

My cup side takes us into the final where Roma will lie in wait. Evander is really coming onto a game in AMC in Ilicic's absence while Rafa keeps scoring so keeps keeping Podence out of the team.

--

SUMMARY

Any month where you win every game is a great month and this one is no different as we made some great strides in Serie A and progressed in Europe and into the Coppa Italia final.

In the league we thumped Torino and Udinese before we got a fantastic win over Inter before thumping seemingly doomed Parma which sees us open up a healthy gap at the top of the table. I am now actually thinking we can do this!!!!

In the cups we comfortably beat Feyenoord home and away and we have been drawn against AC Milan in the next round which will be tough and in the Coppa Italia we pushed aside Cesena to set up a final match with Roma.

Next month we have the youth intake - Atalanta have amazing youth facilities (rated the 6th best in the world I read somewhere) so here's hoping!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ANDREA PETAGNA

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-petagna_-overview-profile-5.png

--

SERIE A

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-6.png

13. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-atalanta_-overview-2.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-atalanta_-overview.png

I have had a few people asking for my tactic and there it is - the same one I always use. That being said I cant remember a striker scoring so many like Petagna has and I don't normally play with a target man so maybe a target man is best!!!!

I always play players in their best roles and positions etc

14. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

MARCH

v
    Atalanta 1 (Petagna 4)
    Frosinone 0

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Mancini, Zeca, Haas*, Melegoni, Rafa, D'Amico, Kean, Petagna (Coman)

Not a great performance but I chose to rest some players for the upcoming AC Milan game so a drop in standard is understandable.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg
    v
    AC Milan 3 (Bacca 9, 85, Calhanoglu 59)
    Atalanta 1 (Zeca 23)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Mancini, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Evander, Gomez (Kean), Petagna (Coman)

Not good. Not good at all. We fell behind but levelled through an unlikely source in Zeca as bhe blasted in from the edge of the area but in the 2nd half we were terrible and were punished accordingly. We aren't completely out of it but its an uphill battle now.

--

v
    Spal 0
    Atalanta 2 (Rafa 6, Paloschi 84pen)

Lineup
    - Berisha, Castagne (Hateboer), Caldara, Mancini, Zeca, Haas, Melegoni, Rafa*, D'Amico, Kean (Coman), Petagna (Paloschi)

A decent win as once again I rested a few players for the European tie. Rafa was fantastic as he and Podence are certainly having a battle to see who is my first choice RW.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg
    v
    Atalanta 2 (Evander 43, Romagnoli og83)
    AC Milan 0
    (Agg: 3-3 - Atalanta win on away goals)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Mattiello), de Roon, Freuler, Podence*, Evander (Coman), Gomez, Petagna (Melegoni)

WE DID IT!!!!!

This was a fantastic victory as we put in a great performance. We took the lead on the stroke of half-time when Evander crashed in a shot from the edge of the area but in the 2nd half nothing was happening so on 70min I made a change to go 2 up front and just told the players to go for it and it paid off!!!!

We got a couple of attacks but got the winning goal when a cross was put into his own net by Romagnoli. Immediately after Coman missed an open goal from distance after he robbed Donnarumma and I thought that may be costly but I then went ultra defensive and we held on.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (Petagna 62)
    Sassuolo 0

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence, D'Amico*, Gomez (Kean), Petagna (Gianetto)

Not our best performance of the season but we got the win and that's the main thing. One of the prospects from our youth intake, Davide Gianetto, made his debut here.

--

SUMMARY

This was a strange old month as we won just about all our games but our performances certainly dropped but whether that's nerves or just due to me chopping and changing the team this month I don't know but the main thing is that we are still winning.

Inter Milan are probably out of the title race and now its between ourselves and Juventus but we have a 5pt lead at the top and we have to play them away which will be a tough match.

In the Europa League we came through against AC Milan despite losing the first leg 3-1 but we got the result we needed in the 2nd leg and in the quarter-finals we have been given a kind draw in the shape of Marseille who we have beaten home and away already this season.

Finally the youth intake was pretty good. We got 3 or 4 players who could be first teamers in the future.....

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-alessandro-tittonel_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-davide-gianetto_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-giuseppe-agostinelli_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-simone-gelmi_-overview-profile.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ZECA

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-zeca_-overview-profile-2.png
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-zeca_-overview-profile.png

--

SERIE A
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-8.png

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 20/06/2018 at 11:09 AM.

15. Surely the league is yours in your first year? great work mate!

16. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

APRIL

v
    Lazio 1 (Lulic 87)
    Atalanta 1 (Gomez 10)

Lineup - Berisha, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Melegoni, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Evander (Haas), Gomez*, Petagna (Coman)

This was incredibly frustrating as we were all set for a vital away win but Freuler got sent-off and then when I made my 3 subs Coman got injured so I went down to 9 men and then they equalised.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
    v
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 43, 50)
    Marseille 0

Lineup - Berisha, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, de Roon (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence, Evander, Gomez (Kean), Petagna*

This should be good enough to book a semi-final slot. Amazingly this is Petagna's first goals in this seasons Europa League!!!!

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Gomez 12, Petagna 49, 81)
    Sampdoria 1 (Zapata 90)

Lineup - Berisha, Mattiello (Agostinelli), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Melegoni (Haas), Rafa (Xadas), Evander, Gomez, Petagna*

As long as we keep winning Juve cant catch us - the only problem is Juve keep on winning and we have the crunch title match away to them in our next league game.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
    v
    Marseille 1 (Lopez 24)
    Atalanta 1 (Rafa 64)
    (Agg: 1-3)

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello, Mancini, Bastoni, Gosens, Xadas (Gelmi), Melegoni, Rafa*, D'Amico (Tittonel), Kean, Paloschi (Gianetto)

I had faith that my cup side could do the business here and so it proved. Marseille played well and were the better team but from the moment we scored it was game over.

--

v
    Juventus 4 (Higuaín 6, 15, Matuidi 27, Chiellini 82)
    Atalanta 2 (Rafa 58, Chiellini og84)

Lineup - Berisha, Mattiello (Hateboer), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Rafa, Evander, Gomez (Kean), Petagna (Paloschi)

Juve draw level with us on points here in the crunch match. We would have all but assured the title had we won but my players bottled it in truth. Having said that Kean had a goal disallowed at 3-1 just before Chiellini scored his goal for them so that would have made it interesting had it counted.

--

v
    Atalanta 2 (Gomez 55, Xadas 70)
    Bologna 0

Lineup
    - Berisha, Mattiello, Caldara, Mancini, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Rafa (Xadas), Evander (D'Amico), Gomez*, Petagna (Coman)

Back to winning ways and it secured Champions League football for next season and I have been rewarded with a whopping budget of £7.95m!!!! FFS lol.

--

v
    AC Milan 2 (Andre Silva 60, 80)
    Atalanta 1 (Petagna 40)

Lineup - Berisha, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Rafa (Podence), Evander (Xadas), Gomez (Kean), Petagna

AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!! We were so close to a vital away point but we couldn't hold on and we give Juventus the advantage in the title race - it looks like its going to go all the way!!!! Juventus fortunately could only draw so they move only 1pt ahead of us now.

--

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 1st Leg
    v
    AS Monaco 3 (Balde 5, Lemar 24, Falcao 85)
    Atalanta 1 (Evander 21)

Lineup - Berisha, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Evander, Gomez (Kean), Petagna (Coman)

At 2-1 I was quite content but then we allowed Falcao to score late on which seriously pissed me off. We now need to replicate our comeback win against AC Milan earlier in the competition to go through.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Kean 14, Rafa 45, Petagna 85)
    Cagliari 1 (Aguirre 40)

Lineup - Berisha, Mattiello (Hateboer), Mancini, Bastoni, Gosens, Xadas (Evander), Melegoni, Rafa, D'Amico (Coman), Kean, Petagna*

I took a huge gamble in resting my first choice players and it worked out thankfully, it was only after the final whistle went that I realised how big a risk it was to rest my first XI but I figured the chance to win all 3 trophies with Atalanta in the first season is worth the risk I thought.

--

SUMMARY

A hectic month where we have probably had more low points than high points for a change. We have let the lead at the top of the table slip and with Napoli away on the last day of the season we know the odds are all of a sudden against us. Juve have Inter away so it will go right to the wire.

In Europe we have an uphill task to overhaul Monaco. The strength of the competition is huge as Chelsea and Arsenal are the other semi-finalists. Normally I would see Monaco as an easy draw but not when you are Atalanta in the 1st season.

Lets see what happens next month!!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    RAFA

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-rafa_-overview-profile-2.png

--

SERIE A
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-10.png

17. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

MAY

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
    v
    Atalanta 4 (Podence 32, 74, Evander 57, 80)
    AS Monaco 0
    (Agg: 5-3)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler, Podence, Evander*, Gomez, Petagna (Coman)

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I have to be honest I would prefer us winning the league than the Europa League but we were immense here as my players yet again overhauled a sizeable first leg deficit. Podence and Evander both got doubles to see us through - Evander has 11 goals this season and 8 have been in the Europa League!!!

--

v
    Chievo 1 (Rigoni 6)
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 29, 87)

Lineup
    - Berisha, Mattiello, Caldara, Mancini, Zeca, de Roon, Melegoni, Rafa, Evander (D'Amico), Kean (Coman), Petagna*

PETAGNA!!!! When he scored late on it was a cue for me bouncing around the room (Del Piero in the dugout) as once again my gamble of resting some players paid off. Chievo were bottom in the form table but they put up a fight here. That's 40 goals in 44 apps for Petagna!!!!

--

Coppa Italia Final
    v
    Roma 0
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 2, Gomez 23)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence (D'Amico), Evander, Gomez*, Petagna

WE WIN THE CUP!!!!

I am thrilled with this victory - even though it is 3rd on the priority list as the season closes. We got off to a perfect start when Petagna scored early on and then Gomez added a 2nd and we were on easy street. De Rossi got sent-off soon after and it was game over.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Mancini 7, Melegoni 44, Rafa 74)
    Empoli 1 (Rodriguez 75)

Lineup - Berisha, Mattiello (Agostinelli), Mancini, Bastoni, Gosens, Melegoni*, Freuler, Rafa, D'Amico, Kean (Coman), Petagna (Gianetto)

Yet again I gamble with my team selection but yet again my players respond and come up with the goods but even better - Juventus lost away to Inter so we are 2pts clear with 1 game to go!!!!

It sounds too good to be true and it may just well be - we have Arsenal in a European final first and then days later our decider against Napoli away while Juventus have an easy fixture at home to Parma.

I don't actually know if it would be decided on goal difference or head to head tbh we edge the head to head and have a +5 advantage on goal difference.

--

UEFA Europa League Final
    v
    Arsenal 0
    Atalanta 3 (Gomez 17, Evander 22, Mancini 89)

Lineup
    - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, de Roon, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Evander, Gomez*, Petagna (Kean)

WE WIN THE EUROPA LEAGUE!!!!!

We were fantastic here and burst into an early 2 goal lead which put us in the driving seat and then it was all about holding on. They then had Chambers sent-off in the 2nd half and Mancini's 3rd goal sealed the deal.

Now to see if we can win the title...….

--

v
    Napoli 3 (Insigne 30, Jorginho 67, Martins 75)
    Atalanta 3 (Gomez 16, 54, de Roon 84)

Lineup - Berisha, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, de Roon, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence (Rafa), Evander, Gomez* (Kean), Petagna

YES WE CAN!!!!!!

The league somehow made Juventus play before us (they won 4-1) so we knew what we had to do - avoid defeat and the title was ours and that's what we did but it wasn't easy.

Firstly Berisha saved Hamsik's penalty on 10min and then shortly after Gomez put us in front only for Insigne to level and so it was til half-time. Gomez struck again in the 2nd half but then we conceded an equaliser and then another to put us in disarray.

I then changed tactics - went all out attack and it worked as de Roon charged into the box to score a rare goal. After that it was all out defend!!!!!

--

SUMMARY

Nothing really needs to be said lol

A dream month - cant believe we have actually done it!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ALEJANDRO GOMEZ
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-alejandro-g%C3%B3mez_-overview-profile.png

18. what a season!! congrats!
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

19. Now all there is left is an exciting transfer window and champions league glory! Keep going!!
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

20. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

END OF SEASON POST

What a season. Never would I think that my side would win the quadruple at the first time of asking. I don't know if its because of my database and I cancelled all the loans that it weakened a lot of sides and that made a difference? Even then I would have loved to have had Spinazzola and a couple of others.

Anyway normally I would say it has ruined the save getting so much success so early but I am thrilled with my young team and look forward to bringing them on.

In the league we were always up there, the fact we only drew 4 games helped, and at one point we were 5pts clear and threatening to run away with it but Juventus beat us and then we lost to AC Milan and all of a sudden we were chasing Juve but thankfully they drew their match while we lost to Milan and then they lost to Inter so we just needed a point on the final day to win the title and that's what we got!!!! I don't know if we won the league on the head to head record or goal difference as we were superior in both!!!

I suppose we did what Leicester did in real life!

In the Coppa Italia the highlight was the 4-3 win away to Juventus when we were 3-1 down with 20min to play although beating Roma in the final 2-0 was great too!!

As for the Europa League - I really didn't think we would win it as the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Monaco were in it but somehow we prevailed. We sailed through the groups and then easily beat Feyenoord before coming up against AC Milan. Milan beat us 3-1 away and we just scraped through on away goals when we won 2-0 in the 2nd leg. Marseille were then despatched and then it was Monaco in the semis. They too beat us 3-1 but this time we overturned the first leg deficit by thrashing the French side 4-0.

In the final we came up against Arsenal and demolished them 3-0 in a fine performance - truly a remarkable achievement!!!

--

SERIE A TABLE
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-12.png

Serie A Player of the Year -
    Andrea Petagna
    Serie A Top Goalscorer -
    Andrea Petagna
    Serie A Manager of the Year -
    Alessandro Del Piero
    Serie A Managers Manager of the Year -
    Alessandro Del Piero
    Serie A Team of the Year -
    Rafael Toloi, Mattia Caldara, Filippo Melegoni (!!!!), Andrea Petagna
    Serie A Fair Play Club of the Year
    Serie A Best Club of the Year
    Serie A Striker of the Year -
    Andrea Petagna

--

SQUAD
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-atalanta_-players-players.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-atalanta_-players-players-2.png

--

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
    ANDREA PETAGNA

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-petagna_-overview-profile-6.png

--

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON
    FILIPPO MELEGONI

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-filippo-melegoni_-overview-profile.png

Just edges out Evander.

--

OTHER STUFF
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-alessandro-del-piero_-inbox.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-alessandro-del-piero_-inbox-2.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-alessandro-del-piero_-inbox-3.png

UEFA European Golden Boot -
    Andrea Petagna

21. Absolutely incredible stuff mate, can't wait to see how you get on in the CL now, should be a great challenge!
    TheNotSoSpecialOne likes this.

22. Well done on league title, as you said you beat the old lady on both fronts, but Serie A is firstly decided by head to head then 4 other factors:

1. Head-to-head records (results and points)
    2. Goal difference of head-to-head games
    3. Goal difference overall
    4. Higher number of goals scored
    5. Draw
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

23. Unbelievable stuff in that first season mate!
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

24. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

PRE-SEASON & AUGUST

It has been a summer of change at Atalanta as I looked to strengthen the side in a bid to regain the title although arguably you could say I have weakened it!!!!

Going into the summer armed with £10m to spend wasn't enough so I took the decision to sell one or two first teamers in an attempt to bring in some extra quality both for immediate use and for the future.

So here are the departures...………

--

PLAYERS OUT

I recouped £110m in the summer although £17.75m was for the pre-arranged deal for Franck Kessie to AC Milan - he would have been a fantastic player to have.

The main sale was the first one - Alejandro Gomez was sold to Man City for £50m. My LW was a key reason to us being so successful but he wasn't happy and the chance to take in such a big fee for a player over 30 was too good to turn down.

Marten de Roon is also gone as he joined Lazio for £25m. de Roon did well and scored the goal that sealed the title but there are better CMs out there and I got a good price. The other first teamer gone is goalkeeper Etrit Berisha who joined Stuttgart for a cut price £6.25m - Berisha was on a decent wage and was blocking Gollini from developing so I was happy to sell him.

Other players who left last season who got game time was Alberto Paloschi (£2.7m), Robin Gosens (£1.6m), Nicolas Haas (£1.2m) and Hans Hateboer (£925,000).

I also sold other players for around £5m.

--

PLAYERS IN

My biggest signing was
    Lorenzo Pellegrini who came in from Roma for £25m. He is an upgrade to de Roon and at 22y/o will play a big part in the future of the club. I had actually agreed to sign Ruben Neves but his natural position was DMC so I cancelled it.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-lorenzo-pellegrini_-overview-profile.png

My first two signings were no strangers to the club as I paid the £17.5m to keep
    Mattia Caldara at the club from his loan deal at Juventus and I gave AC Milan £10m to bring back Andrea Conti to the club and he will battle it out with Castagne for the RB spot. Both players are homegrown by the club so that is an added bonus.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-mattia-caldara_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-conti_-overview-profile.png

Kik Pierie was brought in from Heerenveen to give me extra depth both at left back and centre back. The 18y/o came in for £8.5m and hopefully he will develop into a cracking player.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-kik-pierie_-overview-profile.png

3 other signings that were brought in were
    Emanuel Vignato from Chievo for £4.4m, Alberto Brignoli from Juventus for £825,000 and Rok Vodisek from Olimpija on a free transfer. Vignato was a pre-arranged deal from January and the youngster should have a big future with us. Brignoli and Vodisek were brought in as 2nd and 3rd choice keepers.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-emanuel-vignato_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-alberto-brignoli_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-rok-vodisek_-overview-profile.png

Finally on deadline day I brought in a 3rd choice striker -
    Andrea Pinamonti joined on loan from Inter Milan. The strikers I wanted were over priced so I went for a cheap option. I also brought in a regen striker, Nicolo D'Orazio from Cesena for £200,000.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-pinamonti_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-nicol%C3%B2-dorazio_-overview-profile.png

--

SQUAD

Gollini in goal, Conti in at RB, Pellegrini in CM and I think Kean will start as LW but he will have a competitor arriving in January. I have tried to get Kean to sign permanently but Juventus want serious moneyfor him - £70m!!!!

Obviously the key will be giving game time to Vignato, D'Amico, Pierie and Melegoni so they can continue to develop.

--

AUGUST

UEFA European Super Cup
    v
    Atletico Madrid 4 (Diego Costa 16, 39, Griezmann 56, 85)
    Atalanta 3 (Podence 1, Coman 80, 87)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (D'Amico), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

Meh - it seems we do know how to lose in a final!!! It was always going to be tough to win this especially since Pellegrini joined us the day before the game.

--

Italian Super Cup Final
    v
    Atalanta 2 (Kean 32, 58)
    Roma 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara (Mancini), Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Xadas), Kean*, Petagna (Coman)

We win this final though!!!! Just like in last seasons cup final we beat Roma 2-0 although tbh they had the better chances but Moise Kean was on fire and his 2 goals gave us the trophy.

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 22/06/2018 at 07:00 PM.

25. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

SEPTEMBER
    v
    Atalanta 4 (Petagna 1, 63, Evander 50, Melegoni 88)
    Fiorentina 2 (Inglese 31, Vitor Hugo 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Evander, Kean (Coman), Petagna*

Last season we kicked off the Serie A campaign against Fiorentina where we won, Petagna scored and Melegoni came off the bench to score late on and the same happened here - a good sign indeed!!!

--

v
    Pescara 1 (Marilungo 67)
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 7, Ilicic 76pen)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Rafa (Vignato), Evander (Ilicic), Kean, Petagna

Not a great performance but a decent win and a vital one given our opponents in the next 5 or 6 league games. Of course the highlight was Ilicic's return from injury after 8 months out and he capped his return by scoring from the penalty spot.

--

UEFA Champions League Group F
    v
    FC Porto 1 (Otavio 30)
    Atalanta 1 (Coman 88)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Evander (Ilicic), Kean (Coman*), Petagna

A decent result thanks to a magnificent goal from supersub Coman as he latched onto a pass and fired in from an angle from 22 yards.

--

v
    Atalanta 0
    Juventus 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti*, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Pierie (Mattiello), Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Ilicic, Kean (Coman), Petagna (Pinamonti)

I am delighted with this point as we battled it out with Juve. They probably deserved a win more than us but we held on. I think that's the first nil nil draw we have been involved in.

--

v
    AC Milan 1 (Bacca 54)
    Atalanta 3 (Podence 17, Petagna 60, Pellegrini 63)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini*, Freuler, Podence, Ilicic (Evander), Kean (Xadas), Petagna

AMAZING!!! What a victory this is as we thrash AC Milan away and could have scored more as we missed plenty of chances and Caldara had a goal disallowed late on.

--

v
    Napoli 1 (Hamsik 31)
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 45, Melegoni 88)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Ilicic (Evander), Kean (Coman), Petagna*

It keeps getting better and better and better and better as we follow up one great result with another as we beat Napoli here. Our winning goal was amazing as Melegoni volleyed in from the edge of the area.

--

SUMMARY

Quite possibly the best start to the season I have ever had. When the fixture list came out I was dreading the opening fixtures with Fiorentina, Juventus, AC Milan and Napoli (Roma up next!!!!)and somehow we came out of that run of fixtures unbeaten with the only points being dropped being the 2 we lost against Juventus when we drew.

Our 3-1 win away over AC Milan was the highlight although the 2-1 win away to Napoli was special, especially with the manner of the winning goal, and to think we had those games plus an away fixture against Porto to deal with.

I am so incredibly proud of my players!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ANDREA PETAGNA

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-petagna_-overview-profile.png

--

SERIE A TABLE
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages.png

26. Good story. Enjoy reading all your stories you do with whatever team it is. You always seem to do well!

27. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

OCTOBER

v
    Atalanta 5 (Coman 7, 58, 70, Rafa 81, Xadas 86pen)
    Galatasaray 1 (Niasse 37)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Pierie (Mattiello), Melegoni, Freuler, Rafa, Ilicic (Xadas), Kean, Coman*

Coman has started this season on fire and he helped himself to a hat-trick here as a weakened side thrash the Turkish champions.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Rafa 5, Kean 41, Coman 78)
    Roma 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa*, Evander (Xadas), Kean (Adzic), Petagna (Coman)

The run goes on as Roma are easily brushed aside here. They had a man sent-off just after we went 2up and Coman continued to be a supersub.

--

v
    Empoli 0
    Atalanta 3 (Rafa 10, Petagna 34, Rafael Toloi 79)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi*, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa (D'Amico), Evander (Xadas), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

Another game and another convincing victory. Coman didn't score though!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
    v
    Atalanta 3 (Coman 4, Vignato 65, D'Amico 84)
    Slavia Prague 1 (Liska 13)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini (Bastoni), Pierie, Mattiello, Xadas, Melegoni, Vignato, D'Amico, Adzic*, Coman

My backups did a fine job here - especially Adzic who assisted all 3 goals.

--

v
    Atalanta 6 (Petagna 8, 30, 71pen, Pellegrini 32, Manfrin og54, D'Amico 89)
    Chievo 1 (Hetemaj 49)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegini, Freuler (Melegoni), Rafa (D'Amico), Ilicic, Kean (Adzic), Petagna*

Fantastic!!! Polar opposites met here as we are riding high and Chievo are at rock bottom and it went to form as once again we were unstoppable.

--

v
    Genoa 1 (Laxalt 28)
    Atalanta 2 (Rafael Toloi 36, Rafa 51)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti, Caldara (Mancini), Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Melegoni), Freuler, Rafa (D'Amico), Ilicic, Kean, Petagna

--

SUMMARY

We just keep getting stronger and stronger as our dream start to the season continued this month as we won easily and by big margins in just about every game with us putting six past Chievo, 5 past Galatasaray and 4 past Slavia Prague plus 3 past Roma and Empoli.

During the month Moise Kean, Andrea Conti and Gianluca Mancini received their first caps for Italy - I have no idea how Mancini even got called up!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    RAFAEL TOLOI

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-rafael-tol%C3%B3i_-overview-profile-2.png

--

SERIE A TABLE
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-2.png

28. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

NOVEMBER

v
    Atalanta 3 (Petagna 39, Kean 61, D'Amico 80)
    Udinese 2 (Balic 75, Lasagna 87)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Mancini, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Melegoni, Freuler (Vignato), Podence (D'Amico), Evander, Kean, Petagna*

We were missing 3 or 4 players here but it didn't overly affect us as we still scored 3 and got the win however the 2 late goals that we conceded were annoying.

--

v
    Slavia Prague 0
    Atalanta 1 (Gianetto 88)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini, Pierie, Mattiello, Melegoni, Xadas, Vignato, D'Amico, Adzic, Coman (Gianetto*)

This was a poor match and a poor performance from ourselves but we got the win thanks to my regen striker coming off the bench to grab a goal. The win secures our progress in to the next round.

--

v
    Inter Milan 1 (Joao Mario 24)
    Atalanta 0

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti, Mancini, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Melegoni, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Ilicic (D'Amico), Kean (Adzic), Petagna

This was much like the previous game but this time it was our opponents who got the goal. Our unbeaten run in the league is now over and we fall off the top of the table.

--

v
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 28, Vignato 88)
    Bologna 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Melegoni, Freuler, Podence (Vignato*), Ilicic (Evander), Kean, Petagna

Another occasion where one of my 2nd half subs comes on and wins the MoM award and to be fair Vignato's goal was worthy of it as he powered in a shot from the corner of the 18 yard box.

--

v
    Atalanta 4 (Kean 7, Freuler 16pen, Petagna 58, Xadas 84pen)
    FC Porto 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Pierie, Melegoni, Freuler, Podence*, Evander(Xadas), Kean, Petagna

This great result means that we have won the group with a match to spare and gives us an opportunity to play my youngsters in the final game with no pressure on them.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw us lose for the first time domestically this season as Inter beat us 1-0. Amazingly both Juventus and Lazio are still unbeaten and we are sandwiched between them both at the top of the table.

In the Champions League we have strolled it in the group stage and have won the group before we play our final match against Galatasaray so that is pleasing although it wasn't really a tough group.

Off the field the chairman has agreed to improve the training facilities and I rejected job offers to manage the national sides of Turkey, Serbia and Ukraine.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ANDREA PETAGNA
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-andrea-petagna_-overview-profile-2.png

--

SERIE A TABLE
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-3.png

29. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

DECEMBER

v
    Torino 1 (Niang 60)
    Atalanta 3 (Ilicic 41pen, Rafa 45, 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Pierie, Melegoni, Evander, Rafa*, Ilicic (Vignato), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

Torino are occupying one of the relegation places at the minute and we piled on more misery for them here. Rafa was superb as he got 2 goals and the MoM award.

--

v
    Galatasaray 0
    Atalanta 2 (D'Amico 14, Coman 55)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini, Pierie (Bastoni), Mattiello, Melegoni, Xadas, Vignato, D'Amico*, Adzic, Coman (Gianetto)

My backups easily beat Galatasaray now although we were helped when they had a man sent-off late on in the 1st half.

--

v
    Atalanta 2 (Rafa 39, Coman 87)
    Frosinone 1 (Murillo 89)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa, Ilicic (Xadas), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

Don't let the scoreline fool you - this could and should've been 10-0 as we outshot them by 32 shots to 2!!!!

--

v
    Carpi 0
    Atalanta 1 (Kean 52)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa, Evander (D'Amico), Kean*, Petagna (Coman)

Hmm. A win but I expected much more goals against lowly Carpi, just like I did in the previous match against Frosinone. Hey ho - we won and that's the main thing.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (Kean 3)
    Lazio 2 (Felipe Anderson 8, Lulic 32)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa (Podence), Evander, Kean*, Petagna (Coman)

AAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!! I am annoyed at this rare defeat and an even rarer home defeat. We should have got something from the game but we missed our chances and Lazio hit us with 2 sucker punches.

--

v
    Cagliari 1 (Sau 34)
    Atalanta 3 (Petagna 45, Podence 71, Kean 76)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa (Podence), Evander (Ilicic), Kean, Petagna*

We got a scare here and recovered well to win this match fairly easily - Kean is certainly coming onto a game which is bad news as his price wont be going down.

--

v
    Atalanta 6 (Petagna 13, 37, 90, Evander 23, Freuler 27, Kean 50)
    Sassuolo 4 (Defrel 43, 67, 73, Politano 48)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Melegoni), Freuler, Rafa, Evander, Kean, Petagna

Well this was dull and boring lol!!!!! While I am naturally pleased that we scored 6 goals I am pretty annoyed at conceding 4. Moise Kean has scored in his last 4 games now!!!

--

SUMMARY

A lot of fixtures were played this month and we came out of it at the end largely unscathed apart from the surprise home defeat to Lazio. We end the calendar year level on points with Juventus at the top of the table as the two of us have broken free from the pack.

However as we are halfway through the season it means the fixtures we had at the start of the season are coming round again and that therefor means we have a really tough run of fixtures coming up soon!!!

Not in the Champions League though as we have been given a very kind draw in the next round - Spartak Moscow!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    MOISE KEAN

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-moise-kean_-overview-profile.png

--

SERIE A TABLE
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-4.png

30. Great form from Kean! Aren't you a bit worried that you're grooming him to go back to Juventus and crush it for them though? great work keep it up!
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

31. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

JANUARY

v
    Crotone 0
    Atalanta 2 (Podence 69, Vignato 88)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence*, Evander (Vignato), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

--

v
    Fiorentina 2 (Dias 28, Benassi 64)
    Atalanta 4 (Kean 22, Podence 24, 52, Petagna 48)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence*, Evander (Vignato), Kean, Petagna

Another entertaining game where defences were certainly not on top. My wingers are certainly getting in amongst the goals recently which is always good.

--

Coppa Italia 1st Round

v
    Atalanta 2 (Coman 42, 49)
    Bologna 1 (Donsah 10)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne (Agostinelli), Mancini, Rafael Toloi, Pierie, Pellegrini (Gelmi), Melegoni, D'Amico, Vignato (Tittonel), Xadas, Coman*

I took a risk and played my backups and youngsters and although we suffered a scare early on we managed to get the win.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (Kean 70)
    Pescara 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence (D'Amico*), Evander, Kean, Petagna (Coman)

We struggled here but got there in the end thanks to D'Amico coming off the bench on the hour mark and turning the match into our favour.

--

SUMMARY

Not many games in January but we won the games in which we played and progressed in the Coppa Italia where we will face Roma in the next round. All the news in January for us was all about the transfer window as I sold one first team player and brought 2 in.

The departure is Josip Ilicic who joined West Ham for a cheap £5.25m. Ilicic was a key player for the first half of last season before he suffered a serious injury and this season he just didn't find his best form so I took the decision to sell him to help me fund my transfers that were incoming.

Firstly - in a pre-arranged deal - I brought in Brazilian wonderkid
    Rodrygo in from Santos for a fee of £3.5m. Rodrygo will be a world class player and I have brought him in to compete with Moise Kean - except I didn't have a non-eu slot available so he has been loaned out to AC Milan for the rest of the season.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-rodrygo_-overview-profile.png

I then smashed the clubs transfer record by securing the permanent signing of
    Moise Kean from Juventus for £42m. Kean has been immense this season and I didn't want Juventus getting all the benefits of us improving him so I managed to negotiate the deal. On top of the £42m transfer fee we spent nearly £10m on agent and signing on fees and Kean will also be due a £4.5m loyalty bonus!!! At 18y/o he is on £90k a week!!!!!

The Kean deal also put the club into debt as our balance changed from £30m in the black to -£27m in the red. In the long term he will be worth it.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    DANIEL PODENCE

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-daniel-podence_-overview-profile.png

--

SERIE A TABLE

32. Quote Originally Posted by KLIPPYBO View Post
    I then smashed the clubs transfer record by securing the permanent signing of Moise Kean from Juventus for £42m.
    Guess that answers my question about strengthening Juventus
    KLIPPYBO and dporter8999 like this.

33. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Linecoigne1998 View Post
    Guess that answers my question about strengthening Juventus
    Ha - posted the update and then seen what you posted lol
    Linecoigne1998 likes this.

34. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

FEBRUARY

v
    Juventus 2 (Arthur 78, Bernardeschi 90)
    Atalanta 1 (Podence 49)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Evander (D'Amico), Kean (Xadas), Petagna

In reality Juventus deserved their win but I am naturally annoyed that we let the lead slip and lose the match late on. Juve are now 1pt ahead of us and have the advantage of the head to head record and goal difference.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Kean 62, 74, 90)
    Roma 1 (Dzeko 25)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Evander (Vignato), Kean*, Petagna (Pinamonti)

I was very worried here with 30min to go as I felt the defeat of Juve was still hanging over us but then Moise Kean took the match into his hands and scored a great hat-trick to send us through.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Freuler 9pen, 14pen, Coman 90)
    AC Milan 1 (Bacca 51)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Mattiello), Mancini, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, D'Amico (Vignato), Kean (Coman), Petagna*

A great result and performance as we retake the lead in Serie A. We were gifted 2 penalties early on which were both converted by Freuler and although they pulled a goal back Coman scored a fine goal late on to seal it.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (Coman 83)
    Napoli 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi*, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, D'Amico (Vignato), Kean (Xadas), Petagna (Coman)

This was an ugly match and an incredibly tight affair which was won when Coman broke free and finished past their keeper. Lets keep this run going!!!

--

v
    Roma 0
    Atalanta 3 (Petagna 1, 25, 65)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Melegoni, Podence (Rafa), D'Amico, Kean (Coman), Petagna*

A perfect away performance!!! We were gifted the opening goal but Petagna produced 2 fine finishes to complete his hat-trick and Gollini even saved Roma's last minute penalty.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
    v
    Spartak Moscow 0
    Atalanta 1 (Melegoni 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Melegoni*, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Evander, Kean (Coman), Petagna

What a strike from Melegoni to give us the advantage as he crashed in a shot from 25 yards. Spartak played well and deserved something from the game but Melegoni's moment of magic was worthy to win any match.

--

SUMMARY

I am delighted with our efforts this month as we had a nightmare run of fixtures but overall we were fantastic. We lost to Juventus at the start of the month frustratingly but bounced back to beat Milan, Roma twice, Napoli and Spartak Moscow in Europe. We end the month 3pts clear at the top of the league.

In the Coppa Italia semis we have been drawn against Fiorentina so that is not too bad a draw.

Youth intake next month!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ANDREA PETAGNA

--

SERIE A TABLE

35. awesome story, looks like the title may be coming home. I was just wondering for my series though, how do you edit all of the images down to size and move them around? Keep it up!
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

36. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

MARCH

v
    Atalanta 3 (Freuler 15, Zeca 32, Petagna 76)
    Empoli 1 (Capuano 80)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca*, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa, Evander (Xadas), Kean (Adzic), Petagna

Our 2nd goal here was certainly a shock as I have never seen Zeca take a free-kick before but he smashed this one in!!!

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 1st Leg
    v
    Atalanta 4 (Evander 24, Coman 34, 59, 72)
    Fiorentina 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Bastoni), Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Rafa (Vignato), Evander, Kean, Coman*

A very convincing win that should see us into the final. Coman unbelievably is only 4 goals behind Petagna for the season - he has 13 goals in cup competitions so far!!!

--

v
    Chievo 1 (Mammarello 45)
    Atalanta 5 (Petagna 18, Kean 27, Podence 46, Melegoni 86, Coman 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence*, Evander, Kean, Petagna (Coman)

We beat Chievo 6-1 earlier this season and we almost repeated that feat here.

--

v
    Atalanta 4 (Freuler 2pen, 66pen, Petagna 48, Evander 52)
    Genoa 1 (Boakye 40)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti, Caldara (Mancini), Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Melegoni, Freuler*, Podence, Evander, Kean (Adzic), Petagna (Coman)

We certainly aren't struggling for goals just now - or penalties!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
    v
    Atalanta 2 (Podence 8, Caldara 52)
    Spartak Moscow 1 (Sly 39)
    (Agg: 3-1)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence*, Evander, Adzic (Coman), Petagna

Comfortably through although at 1-1 they were only a goal away from knocking us out but we got the 2nd and it was tie over.

--

v
    Udinese 1 (Santos 74)
    Atalanta 2 (Pellegrini 11, Kean 50)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini*, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Vignato), Kean, Petagna (Pinamonti)

If we keep winning we cant lose lol - we got lucky a bit here as Udinese had an early goal disallowed.

--

SUMMARY

We were on a rich vein of form this month as we beat every side fairly convincingly and in all competitions we are actually on an 11 game winning streak which is a new record. What was encouraging was that as well as the usual suspects my lesser known players really brought their "A" game as Conti, Evander, Freuler and Coman all excelled during the month.

All of that resulted in us opening up a big 7pt gap at the top of the table which surely we wont give away as we have a favourable fixture list with only Inter and Lazio being really tough matches on paper. In the Champions League we have been drawn against Chelsea in the quarter-finals so that will be tough.

As for the youth intake I got 2 players who may have a future with us.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-ant%C3%B3nio-antunes_-overview-attributes.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-antonio-pio-causero_-overview-profile.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    EVANDER

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-evander_-overview-profile.png

--

SERIE A TABLE

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-3.png  
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 25/06/2018 at 06:40 PM.

37. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by olliewebb View Post
    awesome story, looks like the title may be coming home. I was just wondering for my series though, how do you edit all of the images down to size and move them around? Keep it up!
    With logos I go to UEFA.COM and copy and paste them. My pics of Atalanta players I get from their own website and yet again it is copy and paste while the FM pics are just screenshots where I upload on the feature here.
    olliewebb likes this.

38. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

APRIL

v
    Atalanta 1 (Petagna 76)
    Inter Milan 1 (Immobile 28)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Xadas), Kean (Adzic), Petagna

Our 7 game win streak in the league is over but I cant complain too much. Gagliardini got MoM for them who used to be at Atalanta (so did Kessie) - imagine the CM team I could have had!!!

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 2nd Leg
    v
    Fiorentina 2 (Simeone 21, 80)
    Atalanta 1 (Rafa 79)
    (Agg: 2-5)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini, Pierie, Mattiello, Xadas (Gelmi), Melegoni, Rafa, Vignato (Tittonel), Adzic (Pinamonti), Coman

We got beat but I aint bothered as we are through and it was nice to be able to play my backups. Vignato had a goal disallowed.

--

v
    Bologna 0
    Atalanta 1 (Petagna 17)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti*, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini, Freuler (Gelmi), Podence (Rafa), Evander, Kean, Petagna

A decent result but a poor performance - especially if you take into account the fact that we played against 10 men for most of the game. This win gives us Champions League for next season and our transfer budget?

£600k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg

v
    Chelsea 2 (Willian 33, Moses 86)
    Atalanta 1 (Podence 5)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Rafa), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

A good result - especially since we got the vital away goal although I am pissed off that we conceded a late goal.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (Rafa 85)
    Torino 0

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini, Pierie, Mattiello (Bastoni), Melegoni, Xadas, Rafa*, Vignato, Adzic (Gianetto), Coman (Pinamonti)

I rested my first XI here and my youngsters did a fine job in beating a decent Torino side. After the game had finished I realised that this is the first league game that Petagna has missed for us!!

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
    v
    Atalanta 3 (Caldara 49, Kean 57, Petagna 62)
    Chelsea 5 (Willian 32, Strootman 37, David Luiz 60, Morata 65, 66)
    (Agg: 4-7)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Caldara), Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Xadas), Kean, Petagna

No Champions League heroics this year as Chelsea do a number on us. Hey ho. Disappointing but we aren't at that level yet.

--

v
    Atalanta 5 (Rafa 3, Petagna 10, 79, Freuler 53pen, Pellegrini 88)
    Carpi 0

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa, Evander, Kean (Adzic) (Coman), Petagna*

A fine win and performance as the procession to the Serie A title moves a step closer.

--

SUMMARY

8pts clear with a game in hand and only 5 games left to play - it is only a matter of time before our 2nd successive title is confirmed. Everything this season is sorted for us really apart from the Coppa Italia final.

In the Champions League we made our exit against Chelsea and I can have no complaints about that. We will try and improve next year.

That however will be bloody difficult with a starting transfer budget of only £600,000!!! Moise Kean has buggered us there!!!! To be fair there are one or two players who I think I might sell and I know I need to improve 1 or 2 areas.

Credit though has to go to my youth teams who won the Italian Invitational Cup and the European U19 Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ANDREA PETAGNA

--

SERIE A TABLE

39. You've got that second title wrapped up easy mate! great job as always, disappointing about the CL but I'm sure you'll come back stronger next year (if you have a bit more than £600,000 that is hahaha)
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

40. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

MAY

v
    Frosinone 0
    Atalanta 5 (Petagna 9, 10, Kean 36, Podence 44, Vignato 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence*, Xadas (Vignato), Kean, Petagna

2 successive 5-0 wins as we put Frosinone to the sword. Our 3rd and 4th goals were things of beauty - the 4th especially.

--

v
    Lazio 1 (Milinkovic-Savic 87)
    Atalanta 2 (Kean 20, Petagna 72)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara,
    Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence (Vignato), Evander (Mancini), Kean*, Petagna

WE RETAIN THE SERIE A TITLE!!!!!

I am so proud of my players here as we manage to beat a decent Lazio side away from home despite being down to 10 men for more than half the match.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Rafa 40, Xadas 45pen, Pierie 81)
    Cagliari 0

Lineup
    - Gollini, Castagne (Agostinelli), Mancini, Pierie*, Mattiello, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa, Xadas (Adzic),
    Kean, Petagna (Coman)

I would have played more of my youngsters but half of them are away on international duty. Havent had a sending off all season and then we get 2 in 2 games.

--

v
    Sassuolo 0
    Atalanta 1 (Rafa 45)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne (Agostinelli), Mancini, Pierie*, Mattiello, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa (Tittonel), Xadas, Coman (Gianetto), Petagna

--

Coppa Italia Final

v
    Atalanta 4 (Petagna 22, 71, Kean 44, 85)
    AC Milan 2 (Rodrygo 20, Silva 38)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Xadas), Kean*, Petagna

What a game this was and tbh I don't know how we did it. In the 1st half we got absolutely battered as they had 22 shots to our 5 but somehow we went in level at 2-2 and of course our own player (who hasn't played for us yet), Rodrygo, scored against us.

In the 2nd half it was a lot tighter but we took the lead and then had a chance for a 4th but Xadas blazed his penalty over and then Kean wrapped it up.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (Pierie 18)
    Crotone 1 (Zapata 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini, Pierie, Mattiello, Evander, Freuler, Podence (Causero), Xadas (Tittonel), Adzic, Coman (Gianetto)

A pretty shit way to end the season. Xadas missed a penalty that would have secured the game but they scored a last minute equaliser.

--

SUMMARY

A decent end to the season as we collected the Coppa Italia for the 2nd season running and in the league we won all of our games apart from the final match against Crotone when we drew. I was able to play my youngsters for a few games which was encouraging but most of them were away on international duty unfortunately.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    KIK PIERIE
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-kik-pierie_-overview-profile.png

41. What an excellent second season, a dream for all atalanta fans, in the span of 2 years, 2 Serie A's, 2 Coppa Italia, a quarter-final that was well fought against a strong chelsea side, hopefully we can hear more from you regarding on the transfer windows as that's arguably for me the best part of the game, really looking forward of what your team can develop into and achieve in 5 years!
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

42. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Season 2 is over and there was no dip in form as we stormed the league as part of the domestic treble that we won. In Europe we reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League while we narrowly lost in the European Super Cup. All in all it was all good!!!!

The league campaign was the highlight though as only a last minute equaliser on the final day denied us 100pts but you really have to feel sorry for Juventus who were unbeaten all season in the league but still fell 9pts behind us.

My young players certainly developed this season with the likes of D'Amico, Vignato and Coman certainly impressed while Melegoni keeps going from strength to strength. Not forgetting Moise Kean.

Unfortunately it seems that the Moise Kean deal has financially crippled us as we are currently over £40m in debt and are actually due to fail the financial fair play rules but I think I have Champions League money coming in. There are players who I would be willing to sell but I don't want to do it on the cheap.

--

SERIE A TABLE
    Serie A Player of the Year -
    Rafa
    Serie A Top Goalscorer -
    Andrea Petagna
    Serie A Manager of the Year -
    Alessandro Del Piero
    Serie A Managers Manager of the Year -
    Alessandro Del Piero
    Serie A Team of the Year -
    Zeca, Rafael Toloi, Andrea Conti, Remo Freuler, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Andrea Petagna
    Serie A Fair Play Club
    Serie A Defender of the Year -
    Andrea Conti
    Serie A Midfielder of the Year -
    Rafa
    Serie A Forward of the Year -
    Andrea Petagna

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-atalanta_-players-players.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-atalanta_-players-players-2.png

--

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR
    ANDREA PETAGNA

--

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR
    MOISE KEAN
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-moise-kean_-overview-profile.png

--

OTHER STUFF

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-alessandro-del-piero_-inbox.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-alessandro-del-piero_-inbox-2.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-alessandro-del-piero_-inbox-3.png

Andrea Petagna wins the European Golden Boot again!

43. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

PRE-SEASON & AUGUST

This summer may go down as the one that will shape the future of the club. At the end of last season we had about £2m in the bank (£45m of Champions League money wiped out any debt) and so to buy we needed to sell and sell I did as I have taken in over £80m and spent just half that to leave the club in a sound financial footing.

My side was a young side anyway but now it is bordering on ridiculous as in my first team squad I currently have 1 28y/o, Rafael Toloi, who is my oldest player while all the rest are 25 or younger with 7 players being teenagers!!! That's not to mention all the teenagers I have high hopes for in the youth team!!!!

So its safe to say I have taken a bit of a risk in the short term but in the long term we will be unbeatable!!!!!

The only other news is the club is expanding its stadium by 3,000 seats at a cost of £5m. Its a start but it shows that we still have a long way to go as our capacity will still only be at just over 27,500.

Firstly the players departing - a few shocks here!!!

--

PLAYERS OUT

The first sale to give me some spending money was Remo Freuler who joined PSG for £26.5m. He played 87 times for me and scored 9 goals and he did well but I wanted to strengthen in his position and give young prospect Gelmi a few more appearances so I was glad to cash in.

My other 2 big sales were my 2 Portuguese RWs. Daniel Podence went to Atletico Madrid for £36m while Rafa has joined Inter for £20.5m a combined profit of £51.5m!!!! Now I was happy with them both, both played very well for me as shown by their record - Podence 71app /19goals /26 assists & Rafa 59 apps /23 goals /19assists (bear in mind there were several sub appearances in that) - but I have D'Amico and Vignato just waiting to come in and I felt now was the time to move them up the ladder and hopefully 1 can progress like Kean did last season.

I also loaned out Timothy Castagne to Torino for £300,000 a month. Castagne is a decent player, valued at over £20m but I have cover in Mattiello and I have a prospect in Agostinelli waiting in the wings too. Luka Adzic also went out on loan and that freed up a non-eu spot.

My other sales were rubbish in the U20s for a pittance while the loan deals of Bastoni and Pinamonti ended.

--

PLAYERS IN

In came the kids!!!!! Well and a 25y/o, 23y/o and a 22y/o so they are automatically veterans in my side lol. My first signing was
    Nicolo Barella from relegated Cagliari for £14m which was my most expensive signing of the summer. Barella is a fantastic player who should hopefully grow from strength to strength and will compete with Melegoni to partner Pellegrini in centre midfield.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-nicol%C3%B2-barella_-overview-profile.png

I brought in 2 players from Brazilian football for 8 figure sums.
    Rodrigo Caio came in from Sao Paulo for £12.5m while Richard came in from Internacional for £11.25m. Rodrigo Caio is a centre half who luckily has an Italian passport and he looks to be a fine player who will push Rafael Toloi hard for his place and Richard is brought in to be my AMC. Richard has bags of potential and an attacking midfield trio of Kean, Richard and D'Amico should terrorise defences the world over in a few years.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-rodrigo-caio_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-richard_-overview-profile.png

My final signing for the first team was
    Giovani Lo Celso from PSG for a bargain £3.5m. He will compete with Richard and Evander for the AMC spot and will certainly strengthen the side as last season we didn't really have an AMC apart from Evander lol. Once again I took advantage of the fact that Lo Celso has an Italian passport!!!
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-giovani-lo-celso_-overview-profile.png

My other signings were all youngsters for the future but I did bring in a new backup keeper.
    Marcelo Tadeu came in from America (MG) for £1.6m - he is a decent CM who luckily had a Spanish passport and should get a few games while he develops, Daniele Girolami is a 16/yo Italian keeper who came in for £1m, Dino Fantini is a 16y/o Italian CM who came in from Cesena for £800,000 and finally I got my new backup keeper for an absolute steal for £51,000 from Sao Paulo - Marcos Rogerio - and he may get a few games as Gollini got injured in pre-season for a few months!!!
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-marcelo-tadeu_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-daniele-girolami_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-dino-fantini_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-marcos-rog%C3%A9rio_-overview-profile.png

--

SQUAD

Regarding the first XI Rodrigo Caio and Mancini are ready for first team football so Rafael Toloi better keep up his performances. D'Amico and Richard will start as AMR and AMC but if they don't perform then the likes of Vignato and Lo Celso will pounce while I have Rodrygo available to play and he will push Moise Kean. Finally my young striker Christian Capone did brilliantly on loan at Cittadella and he will be my 3rd choice striker.

--

AUGUST

Italian Super Cup
    v
    Atalanta 3 (Zeca 57, Rodrygo 76, Lo Celso 77)
    AC Milan 0

Lineup - Marcos Rogerio, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Melegoni), Barella, D'Amico*, Richard (Lo Celso), Kean (Rodrygo), Petagna

An encouraging start!!!! A fine result as we put 3 past Milan. D'Amico got 2 assists while Rodrygo came off the bench to score and assist against the side I loaned him out to last season and another former Milan loanee, Lo Celso, also came off the bench to score on his debut.

--

v
    Sassuolo 1 (Cutrone 22)
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 25, D'Amico 57)

Lineup - Marcos Rogerio, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Rodrigo Caio), Zeca, Pellegrini, Barella (Melegoni), D'Amico*, Lo Celso, Kean (Rodrygo), Petagna

Once again D'Amico stars as we recover from an early scare to grab the win. Barella has struggled in his first 2 games so far.....

44. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

SEPTEMBER

v
    Atalanta 4 (Petagna 16, 37, Kean 22, D'Amico 90)
    Genoa 1 (Criscito 43pen)

Lineup
    - Marcos Rogerio, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Evander), Barella (Melegoni), D'Amico, Richard (Lo Celso), Kean, Petagna*

3 games played this season and 3 games where D'Amico gets the MoM award (well almost Petagna got it but D'Amico had the same rating) - safe to say Vignato is 2nd choice RW!!!

--

v
    Crotone 1 (Borini 84)
    Atalanta 5 (D'Amico 1, 66, Petagna 22, Coman 83, 86)

Lineup
    - Marcos Rogerio, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini (Melegoni), Barella, D'Amico*, Richard, Rodrygo, Petagna (Coman)

D'AMICO AGAIN!!!!!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Group B
    v
    Manchester City 3 (Bernardo Silva 49, 76, Gabriel Jesus 88)
    Atalanta 1 (Petagna 37)

Lineup - Marcos Rogerio, Zeca (Rodrigo Caio), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Pierie (Melegoni), Pellegrini, Barella, D'Amico, Richard, Rodrygo (Coman), Petagna

I have no complaints. Sure we were missing a few players but at half-time although we were 1-0 up we were outshot by 13 to 1 and in the end 27 to 2. Man City have just shown us how much we need to improve to be at the very top.

--

v
    Atalanta 2 (D'Amico 31, Petagna 48)
    Lazio 0

Lineup - Marcos Rogerio, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, Pellegrini, Barella, D'Amico*, Richard, Rodrygo (Xadas), Petagna

Another domestic game, another game where D'Amico and Petagna score!!!

--

v
    Fiorentina 1 (Falk 27)
    Atalanta 3 (Rodrygo 2, 60, Coman 77)

Lineup - Marcos Rogerio, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Barella, D'Amico, Richard (Vignato), Rodrygo*, Petagna (Coman)

A great result but I am annoyed as D'Amico's scoring run in the league is over but he did have a goal disallowed.

--

v
    Atalanta 3 (Petagna 11, 67, Coman 88)
    Torino 0

Lineup - Marcos Rogerio, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca*, Pellegrini (Melegoni), Barella, D'Amico, Richard (Lo Celso), Rodrygo (Coman), Petagna

6 wins out of 6 and would you believe it D'Amico still managed to star as he got 2 assists. Coman has come off the bench 3 times this season and scored 4 goals!!!

--

SUMMARY

At home everything is going great. We are top with a 100% record after 6 games - as is Napoli - and my new signings are beginning to bed in nicely. Rodrygo, Barrella and Richard got more starts this month but it was the impact of Felice D'Amico which has set us apart so far as he has been unstoppable so far.

Unfortunately our game against Man City where we were the cheeky upstarts really hit us hard and showed us the level we need to get to as they beat us 3-1 without breaking sweat.

So far so good!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    FELICE D'AMICO
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-felice-damico_-overview-profile-2.png

--

SERIE A

45. Great start to the season mate, best of luck for the rest of it and the Champions League!
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

46. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

OCTOBER

v
    Atalanta 3 (Lo Celso 6, Vignato 30, Capone 85)
    Club Brugge 1 (Rotariu 56)

Lineup - Marcos Rogerio, Mattiello, Rodrigo Caio, Mancini, Zeca, Marcelo Tadeu (Evander), Melegoni, Vignato, Lo Celso*, Xadas (Gianetto), Coman (Capone)

A decent result but it should have been much more comfortable as both Mancini and Capone had goals disallowed.

--

v
    Empoli 0
    Atalanta 1 (Barella 11)

Lineup - Marcos Rogerio, Conti (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini*, Barella, D'Amico, Richard, Kean (Coman), Petagna (Capone)

This was a weird game. Empoli played well and tested us but at the same time we missed so many chances it was unreal so at least we won in the end with Nicolo Barella getting his first goal for us.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (D'Amico 7)
    Napoli 3 (Insigne 21, Martins 42, Mertens 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Mattiello), Pellegrini, Barella, D'Amico, Richard, Kean (Xadas), Petagna (Coman)

Maybe we have serious challengers in Napoli as they beat us here to maintain their 100% record and move 3pts clear of us. 3-1 is a harsh scoreline mind you. Disappointing. Gollini made his comeback from injury though which was a good thing.

--

v
    Shakhtar Donetsk 0
    Atalanta 2 (Kean 36, 68)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Ricardo Caio), Zeca, Pellegrini, Barella, D'Amico, Richard (Lo Celso), Kean*, Petagna (Coman)

Shakhtar beat Man City so we did very well to win so comfortably. Moise Kean starred and hopefully this is the start of him finding last seasons form.

--

v
    AC Milan 3 (Bacca 5, Calhanoglu 32, Suso 60)
    Atalanta 3 (D'Amico 28, Petagna 58, 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini, Barella (Melegoni), D'Amico, Lo Celso (Richard), Kean, Petagna*

We were seconds away from a 2nd successive defeat in the league here but D'Amico broke down the wing and his cross found Petagna who powered a header home. Harsh on Milan but I don't care.

--

v
    Atalanta 4 (D'Amico 29, 55, Petagna 37, Vignato 81)
    Bari 1 (Caldara og28)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara (Rodrigo Caio), Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Melegoni, Barella, D'Amico*, Lo Celso (Vignato), Kean (Rodrygo), Petagna

2 of our goals here were 2 of the best I have seen from us. For D'Amico's 2nd we had a nice team move that ended with Petagna backheeling a pass into D'Amico's path and he slotted home while Vignato scored with an outrageous shot from over 30 yards!!!!

--

SUMMARY

We slipped up a bit this month as Napoli defeated us and then we scraped a draw against AC Milan which sees us finish the month in 3rd place in Serie A.

In Europe we are back on track though as we defeated Brugge at home and Shakhtar away to put us into a good position although it is still a bit tight thanks to Shakhtar beating Man City.

Felice D'Amico keeps progressing and is playing far above the level his attributes show he should be playing at while Melegoni won his first cap for Italy and Kean scored his first goal.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    FELICE D'AMICO
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-felice-damico_-overview-profile-3.png

--

SERIE A
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 02/07/2018 at 09:29 PM.

47. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

NOVEMBER

v
    Spal 0
    Atalanta 2 (Pellegrini 5, 21pen)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini*, Barella, D'Amico (Vignato), Lo Celso (Xadas), Kean (Rodrygo), Petagna

We get the points but D'Amico got injured and is out for 3-4 weeks unfortunately.

--

v
    Atalanta 4 (Petagna 50, 90, Vignato 61, Melegoni 68)
    Shakhtar Donetsk 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Rodrigo Caio), Zeca, Melegoni, Barella (Xadas), Vignato*, Lo Celso, Kean, Petagna

This convincing victory almost assures us qualification to the next round as we move 5pts clear of Shakhtar. Vignato stepped into D'Amico's shoes well while Petagna had a goal disallowed.

--

v
    Atalanta 2 (Petagna 6, Vignato 14)
    Pescara 0

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca*, Pellegrini, Barella, Vignato, Richard (Evander), Kean (Rodrygo), Petagna (Coman)

--

v
    Frosinone 0
    Atalanta 2 (Coman 74, Rodrygo 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, Pellegrini*, Barella, Vignato, Richard, Kean (Rodrygo), Petagna (Coman)

Frosnione gave us a tough match here and it took my subs to win the match for us.

--

v
    Atalanta 2 (Kean 3, Vignato 20)
    Manchester City 1 (Fernandinho 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Melegoni), Barella, Vignato, Richard, Kean*, Petagna

This win puts us top of the group and seals our qualification into the knockout stages. I am delighted that we managed to defeat Man City after they gave us a hiding in our first meeting.

--

SUMMARY

A good month but with a few teething problems. Results wise we won all our games to end the month top of the league and through in the Champions League but some individual perfromances have been concerning. Barella is just about doing enough however Richard and Lo Celso are really struggling at RW and Moise Kean isn't getting the goals like he did last term although his performance against Man City was encouraging!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    LORENZO PELLEGRINI

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-lorenzo-pellegrini_-overview-profile-2.png

--

SERIE A
    TheNotSoSpecialOne likes this.

48. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

DECEMBER

v
    Atalanta 2 (Kean 43, Pellegrini 72pen)
    Roma 2 (El Shaarawy 47, 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini, Barella, Vignato, Richard (Lo Celso), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

AAAGGGHHH!!! We really should have won this match but we switched off defensively in stoppage time and we were made to pay for it.

--

v
    Udinese 0
    Atalanta 1 (Melegoni 90)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Melegoni*), Barella, D'Amico, Richard, Kean (Rodrygo), Petagna (Capone)

We should have won this match much more easily but we kept on hitting the woodwork however we got the winner when Melegoni struck late as he has done a few times before for us.

--

v
    Club Brugge 1 (Diatta 25)
    Atalanta 6 (Coman 2, 59, Vignato 5, 58, Rodrygo 33, Denswil og63)

Lineup
    - Marcos Rogerio, Mattiello, Rodrigo Caio, Mancini, Pierie, Melegoni, Xadas, Vignato*, Evander (Lo Celso), Rodrygo (Marcelo Tadeu), Coman

Unbelievable from my backups!!! We were excellent here and Vignato was unplayable here as he tore Brugge apart.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (Pellegrini 43pen)
    Juventus 1 (Bernardeschi 28)

Lineup
    - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, Pellegrini, Barella, D'Amico (Xadas), Vignato, Kean (Richard), Petagna

This was frustrating as yet again we should have won. Our AMC conundrum is really annoying me now as nobody seems to perform there!

--

Coppa Italia 1st Round
    v
    Atalanta 3 (Coman 2, 12, Evander 56)
    Crotone 1 (Borini 90)

Lineup
    - Marcos Rogerio, Mattiello, Rodrigo Caio, Mancini, Zeca, Melegoni, Xadas (Marcelo Tadeu), Vignato (Causero), Evander, Rodrygo (Gianetto), Coman*

Comfortably through as my backups do the job. Coman has 9 goals for the season now - he really is pushing Petagna for a first team place.

--

v
    Palermo 0
    Atalanta 1 (Kean 55)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Barella (Melegoni), D'Amico (Vignato), Lo Celso, Kean*, Petagna (Coman)

Another game where we just do enough. We are picking up points but my first XI aren't performing to the expected standards at all just now.

--

v
    Atalanta 1 (D'Amico 33)
    Bologna 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Barella*, D'Amico, Lo Celso, Kean (Rodrygo), Petagna (Capone)

Another game, another shit performance but another win.

--

v
    Napoli 3 (Aboubakar 2, 85, Brahimi 12)
    Atalanta 2 (Pellegrini 18, Lo Celso 81)

Lineup - Gollini, Mattiello, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Rodrigo Caio), Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini, Barella, D'Amico, Lo Celso, Kean, Petagna (Coman)

Our hold on the Coppa Italia is over as Napoli beat us for the 2nd time this season. Tbh it was another poor performance from us and we got what we deserved.

--

SUMMARY

I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!

December was terrible - we just scraped through results wise in the league and we finish the year 3pts clear but our performances have been pathetic. We have only scored 4 goals in our last 4 Serie A games and our team lacks the fluidity that I need and I put it all down to the fact that nobody in my squad has laid claim to the AMC spot. Richard, Lo Celso, Evander, Xadas and Vignato have all tried and largely failed.

The year ended with us getting dumped out of the Coppa Italia as Napoli beat us which was very annoying but expected considering our performances. The only good thing about this month was the fact we got a kind draw in the Champions League as we will face Lyon.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    LORENZO PELLEGRINI

Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-lorenzo-pellegrini_-overview-profile-3.png

--

SERIE A
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-serie-a_-overview-stages-6.png
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 01/07/2018 at 04:28 PM.

49. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

JANUARY

v
    Inter Milan 5 (Dost 6, Barco 44, Gagliardini 52, Burgstaller 78, Perisic 84)
    Atalanta 3 (Kean 40, 46, Vecino og56)

Lineup
    - Gollini,
    Mattiello, Caldara (Mancini), Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Melegoni), Barella, D'Amico, Lo Celso (Pierie), Kean, Petagna

This time I can have no complaints about the poor result as we played the match with 10 men for most of the game - that being said, Pellegrini missed a penalty that would have seen us go 3-2 up. Inter win and replace us at the top of Serie A.

In another worry, as well as my AMCs being horseshit, Petagna hasn't scored in his last 7 league games. This is not acceptable.

--

v
    Atalanta 2 (Kean 72, 86)
    Sassuolo 1 (Berardi 20)

Lineup - Gollini, Agostinelli, Rodrigo Caio (Mancini), Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Barella, D'Amico (Vignato), Lo Celso, Kean*, Petagna (Capone)

THESE SHIT PERFORMANCES HAVE GOT TO END NOW!!!

We were pathetic here and Sassuolo completely outplayed us but thankfully Moise Kean struck twice late on to give us the victory. I really don't know what is happening to my team - they are a shadow of their former selves.

--

v
    Genoa 0
    Atalanta 3 (Lo Celso 35pen, 89, Vignato 74)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rodrigo Caio, Zeca, Melegoni (Evander), Barella, D'Amico (Vignato), Lo Celso*, Kean, Petagna (Rodrygo)

That's more like it!!!! However we got a break when Pellegri, my No1 transfer target who is on loan from Monaco, had a goal disallowed in the 2nd half that would have drawn us level.

My AMC finally has a great game - Petagna hasn't scored in 9 league games though...…..

--

SUMMARY

Not much games this month as we were dumped out of the Coppa Italia last month and in the 3 games we won 2 but the one we lost was key as Inter beat us to move ahead of us in the table.

I really am not happy with my players. Petagna has forgotten how to score, D'Amico has went off the boil, any AMC has been below par and all in all we are just scraping by and that really needs to change for the better.

Regarding the transfer window I had £4m to spend and brought in a young Italian left back from Carpi for £2.2m.
    Emanuele Costabile looks to have a bright future ahead of him and hopefully he will develop into a fine player.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-emanuele-costabile_-overview-profile.png

I then took a gamble and sold one of my first XI as Paris St.Germain paid me up to £35m for central defender Rafael Toloi. Toloi has been good for me but with Mancini and Rodrigo Caio waiting in the wings I decided to cash in.

Then on deadline day I brought in 2 players. Regen midfielder
    Adrian Cano came in for £800,000 and has been loaned back to his club - Libertad of Paraguay in order to give him more game time. I then brought in Tin Jedvaj from Bayer Leverkusen on loan to replace Rafael Toloi.
    Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-adri%C3%A1n-cano_-overview-profile.pngAlessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!-tin-jedvaj_-overview-profile.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    MOISE KEAN

--

SERIE A

50. Wow, some stats for a 17yr old - Costabile looks like he could potentially be world class!
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO