Like Tree91Likes

Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers

WELCOME

So here is my final single player story on FM18 and I have decided to go with my beloved Newcastle United to bring the glory days (back?) to Newcastle. I will be using my own updated database which is up-to-date as of this morning so it will be interesting to see how we get on after the clubs inactivity in the market in real life compared to everyone else!!!!

The aim of the save is to obviously put Newcastle to the top of world football and as a Scotsman I would like to manage the tartan army too. I have some other ideas that will come in later on in the save but I will reveal them when the time comes.

I hope to be with this save for at least 20 seasons, maybe more as I want to see how English football is shaken up after a long period of time. I have seen saves on the internet with it being simmed and some remarkable teams being on top and with my last Newcastle save Liverpool got relegated after 6 or 7 years so that intrigues me very much!!!

As ever I will be looking to develop youngsters and maybe one day we will have a Geordie nation in the first team that Sir John Hall wanted back in the 90s.

Dokara likes this.

2. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

PRE-SEASON

So Rafa had enough and left, Mike Ashley still wants to sell up and here I am coming in with an average squad and an average transfer budget. Its hard managing your favourite club at the start as I tend to judge players on who I like rather than who is actually good on FM lol.

One thing that I did notice that needs overhauled immediately is the U23 and U18 squad. We have little to no decent youngsters apart from Freddie Woodman and Yannick Toure. Luckily I am a manager who concentrates on bringing in young players so in time this will be remedied.

I also tore up the backroom staff and appointed the likes of Frank McParland (Director of Football), Eric Black (Assistant Manager), Phil Cannon (Head of Youth Development), Jens Lehmann (U23 Manager) and the beautiful Yvonne Moore (U18 Physio) amongst the many coaches etc that I appointed.

--

PLAYERS OUT

I have only sold 2 players thus far. Achraf Lazaar joined Wolves for £4.5m and Karl Darlow joined Shakhtar Donetsk for an initial £3.8m which could increase by a further million. Both of these players were never going to be in my plans which is a poor thing for Lazaar as I was desperately needing a left back!!!

Out on loan so far is Rolando Aarons, Sean Longstaff, Daniel Barlaser, Callum Roberts and Mohammed Sangare.

--

PLAYERS IN

£11.75m has been spent so far in an attempt to strengthen my side. The main area I needed to strengthen was the left back position as I only had Paul Dummett in the first team squad who is a natural there so after weeks of searching I eventually paid £5m for
    Federico Ricca from Malaga who my director of football initially went in for.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Federico Ricca_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	6
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	1174517

My main 2 signings however were two amazing prospects who will feature for the first team immediately and in the future.
    Fiete Arp came in from Hamburg for £5m and Xadas came in from Braga for £1.1m. Arp - if fully developed - could become a world class forward while Xadas will provide competition for Ayoze Perez in the AMC position.

Name:	Fiete Arp_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	1174525Click image for larger version

Name:	Xadas_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	1174526

Finally to help out the U23s I brought in
    Sadou Diallo. He isn't going to feature in the first team but my youth teams do need strengthening.

Name:	Sadou Diallo_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	1174527

--

THE REST OF THE LEAGUE

Liverpool and Spurs have swapped left backs - Rose to Liverpool, Moreno to Spurs - while Man City signed Layvin Kurzawa for an initial £32m rising to £48m.

3. good luck hope ya do well..xadas is a good utility player as he can cover the wings and cm also he is a good penalty taker

4. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

AUGUST

v
    Newcastle United 5 (Ayoze Perez 12, 32, 44, 74, Ritchie 79pen)
    Brighton & Hove Albion 1 (Izquierdo 18)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar (Fernandez), Dummett, Shelvey (Ki Sung-Yeung), Diame, Ritchie, Ayoze Perez*, Kenedy (Murphy), Muto

AYOZE PEREZ!!!!!! What a performance from the Spaniard as he put Brighton to the sword with an amazing 4 goals from the AMC position. It could have been more goals as Jamaal Lascelles had a goal disallowed in the 2nd half.

--

v
    Liverpool 2 (Sturridge 87, Lallana 90)
    Newcastle United 3 (Muto 85, Ayoze Perez 90, 90)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Dummett, Shelvey (Ki Sung-Yeung), Diame, Ritchie (Murphy), Ayoze Perez*, Kenedy (Xadas), Muto

Absolutely crazy!!! We were holding on for a nil nil draw when against the run of play Muto pounced on a defensive mistake however Sturridge soon equalised with a shot from the edge of the area. Then injury time came and all hell broke loose as Ayoze Perez scored twice and then there was even more time for Lallana to pull one back.

Back to back victories!!!!

--

Carabao Cup 2nd Round
    v
    Newcastle United 4 (Ki Sung-Yeung 17, Murphy 37, 51, Arp 57)
    Accrington Stanley 1 (Uche 79)

Lineup - Woodman, Manquillo, Fernandez, Clark, Dummett, Hayden, Ki Sung-Yeung, Murphy*, Xadas, Atsu (Toure), Arp (Rondon)

We were never in any trouble here although Freddie Woodman did save a penalty when we were 1-0 up. Funnily enough I noticed that Yannick Toure is white with ginger hair in the game where in real life he is the exact opposite!!!!

--

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Muto 45, Atsu 85)
    Everton 0

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca (Dummett), Shelvey, Diame, Murphy, Ayoze Perez, Kenedy (Atsu*), Muto (Rondon)

We maintained our 100% record with a victory here. We weren't great but snatched the lead from Muto before Atsu sealed it with a free-kick.

--

SUMMARY

A very encouraging start to the season as we won all four games with a thrashing of Brighton, a remarkable victory away to Liverpool and decent wins over Accrington and Everton which sees us level top of the Premier League with about 5 other sides who have a 100% record.

I must say I am impressed with how we played - especially against Brighton - as my players have taken to my tactics fantastically well none more so than Ayoze Perez who scored 6 goals in the first two games and won the player of the month award while I won the manager of the month award.

For the remainder of the transfer window I brought in one more player and loaned out several players with the only notable one being Henri Saivet who somehow managed to get a move to Inter Milan!!

Incoming was 17y/o Austrian centre half Dario Maresic from Sturm Graz for £2.5m. He is one for the future and will get some game time with the first team this season. With Lascelles, Lejeune, Fernandez, Schar and Clark in the squad there are a few centre halves ahead of him but for the long term he is right up there.

Name:	Dario Maresic_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	4
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	1174670

In the next round of the Carabao Cup we have been drawn against Ipswich Town.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    AYOZE PEREZ

Name:	Ayoze Pérez_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	1174671

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages.png
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	1174672

5. KIU!

6. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

SEPTEMBER

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Ritchie 28, 39, 45)
    Watford 1 (Deeney 6)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca, Shelvey (Hayden), Ki Sung-Yeung, Ritchie*, Ayoze Perez, Kenedy (Atsu), Muto (Rondon)

We suffered a set back early on but a sensational individual performance from Matt Ritchie - who grabbed a hat-trick - won us the match.

--

v
    Leicester City 0
    Newcastle United 3 (Rondon 80, 86, 90)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca, Shelvey, Ki Sung-Yeung, Ritchie, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kenedy (Murphy), Muto (Rondon*)

Another hat-trick. My subs completely changed the course of this game as we were struggling and Leicester were dominating but Xadas set up Rondon for the 1st goal and then they had Adrien Silva sent-off which opened the game up for us.

Xadas and Rondon combined for the other two goals as we make it 5 wins out of 5!!!!

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
    v
    Ipswich Town 1 (Harrison 8)
    Newcastle United 4 (Arp 26, 43, 87, Hayden 45)

Lineup - Woodman, Manquillo, Fernandez, Clark (Maresic), Dummett, Hayden, Ki Sung-Yeung, Murphy, Xadas, Atsu (Kenedy), Arp*

Arp's turn to grab a hat-trick to add to Ritchie, Ayoze Perez and Rondon's. Maresic made his debut here as my backups got a run out. Xadas got another 2 assists.

--

v
    Fulham 1 (Ayite 34)
    Newcastle United 4 (Rondon 40, 43, 56, 78)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar (Fernandez), Ricca, Shelvey, Diame, Ritchie, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kenedy (Murphy), Rondon*

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH PLAYERS SCORING HAT-TRICKS?

That's 2 in 2 games for Rondon who netted 4 here and that's 4 hat-tricks in 6 league games plus Arp got one in the Carabao Cup!!!

--

v
    Newcastle United 0
    Manchester United 1 (Mata 44)

Lineup
    - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar (Lejeune), Ricca, Shelvey, Diame, Ritchie, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kenedy (Murphy), Rondon

Our 100% start to the season is over and it wasn't deserved as we were by far the better team but we couldn't take our chances. In the end it was a free-kick by Juan Mata that proved to be the deciding factor.

--

SUMMARY

We followed up an amazing August with a superb September as my team did me proud. A Matt Ritchie hat-trick defeated Watford, a Sebastian Rondon hat-trick did for Leicester, Fiete Arp notched a hat-trick to beat Ipswich in the cup and then Rondon was at it again in the match against Fulham. Only the final match against Man Utd left a sour taste in the mouth.

I have to say I am flabbergasted by the hat-tricks going in from my players. I have never seen the like before apart from an old FM many years ago with a cheat from corner kicks so god knows what is happening here.

One player isn't playing well though and that is Kenedy. He has been rubbish and I will probably give Christian Atsu a run out for a wee while as Kenedy has not been effective at all.

Finally the club are in talks regarding a takeover but unfortunately it isn't with a sugar daddy.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    SALOMON RONDON

Name:	Salomón Rondón_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	12
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	1174755

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1174756

7. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

BYE BYE

OCTOBER

v
    Southampton 1 (Austin 76)
    Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca, Shelvey, Diame (Ki Sung-Yeung), Ritchie, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Atsu*, Rondon (Muto)

Our 2nd successive 1-0 defeat and once again it was a harsh result although they did have a last minute goal disallowed. Christian Atsu came in for Kenedy and impressed.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Diame 63, Muto 78, Ayoze Perez 84)
    Bournemouth 2 (Pugh 37, Defoe 42)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar (Lejeune), Ricca, Shelvey, Diame, Ritchie (Murphy), Ayoze Perez*, Atsu (Xadas), Muto

A fantastic comeback as we win from 2-0 down with just over 25min to go. Diame pulled a goal back before Muto levelled and Ayoze Perez scored the winner to get us back to winning ways after the last two games.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
    v
    Aston Villa 2 (Bjarnason 5, Adomah 7)
    Newcastle United 4 (Ki Sung-Yeung 29pen, Rondon 30, 51, Atsu 89)

Lineup
    - Woodman, Manquillo, Fernandez, Lejeune (Maresic), Dummett (Clark), Ki Sung-Yeung, Hayden, Murphy, Xadas, Kenedy (Atsu), Rondon*

Another comeback victory after being 2 goals down as I gave my backup players a shot. I was regretting the decision to play them for the best part of half an hour but after we got level we were always going to win.

--

v
    Cardiff City 3 (Zohore 36, Gunnarsson 43, Arter 75)
    Newcastle United 6 (Ritchie 20, Muto 24, Ayoze Perez 32, 53, Atsu 33, Shelvey 90)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar (Lejeune), Ricca (Dummett), Shelvey, Diame (Ki Sung-Yeung), Ritchie, Ayoze Perez, Atsu, Muto*

Cardiff are rock bottom without a win but we piled on the misery here as we surged into a 4 goal lead. They pulled 2 goals back and had a goal disallowed but we carried on going and got a convincing 6-3 victory.

--

SUMMARY

This month on the pitch was decent. We lost to Southampton but bounced back in the league to defeat Bournemouth and Cardiff and in the Carabao Cup we beat Aston Villa to reach the Carabao Cup quarter-finals where we will play Stoke City of the Championship which is a kind draw.

Off the field this was a momentous moment time for the club as Mike Ashley finally left the club to be replaced by former Hartlepool United owner and Geordie Ken Hodcroft. He has accepted all my requests so far and I have got CS U Craiova of Romania as an affiliate club who should be important to gain players work permits.

Next month will be very tough as Dubravka and Schar will miss it due to injury plus we are due to play Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    AYOZE PEREZ

Name:	Ayoze Pérez_ Overview Profile-2.png
Views:	8
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	1174782

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages-2.png
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1174781
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 14/08/2018 at 09:14 PM.
    dporter8999 likes this.

8. Another good month, and good to see the team playing well together. KIU

9. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

NOVEMBER

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Ritchie 35, Muto 45, Lascelles 74)
    West Ham United 1 (Lucas 1)

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin, Lascelles, Lejeune (Fernandez), Ricca, Shelvey (Ki Sung-Yeung), Diame, Ritchie (Murphy), Ayoze Perez*, Atsu, Muto

We fell behind early doors here when Freddie Woodman gave the ball away but we recovered well and were ahead before half-time and we saw the game out to go to the top of the table.

--

v
    Arsenal 1 (Elneny 46)
    Newcastle United 1 (Rondon 74)

Lineup - Woodman, Manquillo, Lascelles, Lejeune, Ricca, Shelvey, Diame, Murphy (Xadas), Ayoze Perez, Atsu (Kenedy), Muto (Rondon)

I am saw proud of my players here as my understrength side escape defeat thanks to Rondon coming off the bench to score with his first touch. This draw keeps us top of the league by 2pts over Arsenal.

--

v
    Chelsea 0
    Newcastle United 2 (Atsu 4, Rondon 90)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Lejeune, Ricca, Shelvey (Ki Sung-Yeung), Diame, Ritchie, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Atsu*, Muto (Rondon)

A wonderful performance albeit against a poor Chelsea side who were without Hazard, Pedro, Alonso, Morata and Barkley. We took the lead early on through ex-Chelsea player Atsu and what followed was an entertaining end to end match. They had an equaliser from Izzy Brown disallowed and Rondon finished them off in stoppage time.

Unfortunately for us Lejeune and Muto picked up injuries and are out for a little while.

--

v
    Newcastle United 1 (Atsu 27)
    Tottenham Hotspur 3 (Sanchez 4, Kane 79pen, 90)

Lineup - Dubravka,
    Yedlin, Lascelles (Dummett), Fernandez, Ricca, Shelvey, Diame, Ritchie (Toure), Ayoze Perez (Kenedy), Atsu, Rondon

Things just went against us here as I had injured players missing, players who played for the reserves missing, Lascelles picked up a knock and had to come off and despite all that we were doing well until Yedlin got sent-off when he gave away the winning penalty. We were done from that moment on.

--

SUMMARY

We end November top of the league which is some achievement as we performed admirably and got fantastic results against Arsenal and Chelsea although we faltered against Spurs when a lot of things combined ensured that we couldn't get the result.

Our good work has been rewarded as the new chairman absolutely loves me. He has given me a new contract, increased my transfer budget by £24m, increased the youth level and improved all of our facilities and data analysis stuff as well as let me have more coaches and scouts!!!! The extra transfer funds really could help us consolidate a Champions League position.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    CHRISTIAN ATSU

Name:	Christian Atsu_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	1174797

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages-3.png
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	1174798
    TheNotSoSpecialOne likes this.

10. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

DECEMBER

v
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 4 (Diogo Jota 10, Neves 23, Jimenez 28, 90)
    Newcastle United 6 (Atsu 1, Ritchie 27pen, 41pen, Rondon 47, Kenedy 86, Ayoze Perez 89)

Lineup - Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Fernandez, Dummett (Clark), Shelvey, Diame, Ritchie, Ayoze Perez, Atsu* (Kenedy), Rondon (Arp)

This game was bonkers as 10 goals were scored and Matt Ritchie was denied a hat-trick of penalties when he missed his 3rd with 10min to go. Fiete Arp and Ciaran Clark made their first league appearances of the season.

--

v
    Manchester City 3 (Aguero 3, Sterling 33, Gabriel Jesus 73)
    Newcastle United 1 (Atsu 76)

Lineup
    - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Fernandez, Ricca, Shelvey, Diame (Ki Sung-Yeung), Ritchie (Murphy), Ayoze Perez, Atsu, Rondon (Arp)

Man City played us off the park here tbh and I have no complaints about the result. Atsu has scored in each of the last 4 league games.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Rondon 17, Ki Sung-Yeung 88pen, Murphy 90)
    Crystal Palace 1 (Loftus-Cheek 5)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Fernandez, Ricca, Shelvey (Hayden), Ki Sung-Yeung, Murphy*, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Atsu, Rondon (Arp)

Crystal Palace went into this game 4th in the table so it was the 2 surprise packages up against each other here and it was a tight game but we came out on top thanks to a late penalty and we picked them off on the break in stoppage time.

--

v
    Newcastle United 5 (Ritchie 21, Ayoze Perez 33, 56, Xadas 86, Kenedy 88)
    Burnley 0

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca, Shelvey, Ki Sung-Yeung (Xadas), Ritchie, Ayoze Perez*, Atsu (Kenedy), Rondon (Muto)

Burnley are 2nd bottom of the table with only one win and we piled on the misery here as Ayoze Perez tore them apart with 2 goals and 2 assists.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
    v
    Newcastle United 3 (Xadas 17, Atsu 83, Muto 90)
    Stoke City 0

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin, Lascelles, Fernandez (Schar), Dummett, Shelvey, Ki Sung-Yeung, Murphy (Ritchie), Xadas, Kenedy (Atsu), Muto*

We reach the semis with a convincing victory. I would have played more of my backups but the U23s had a match the day before unfortunately.

--

v
    Huddersfield Town 0
    Newcastle United 2 (Ritchie 9pen, Hayden 89)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca, Shelvey, Ki Sung-Yeung (Hayden*), Ritchie, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Atsu (Murphy), Muto

Huddersfield had 2 men sent-off in the last 15min but we struggled to get things going even then in truth but we won and that's the main thing.

--

v
    Brighton & Hove Albion 3 (Knockaert 17, 55, Jahanbakhsh 34)
    Newcastle United (Hayden 13, Muto 75, 83)

Lineup - Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca (Dummett), Shelvey (Xadas), Hayden, Ritchie, Ayoze Perez, Atsu (Kenedy), Muto

2pts dropped here against struggling Brighton although we did rescue a point near the end I suppose. Atsu picked up an injury and will miss about a month.

--

v
    Newcastle United 1 (Ritchie 47)
    Liverpool 2 (Grujic 49, Salah 84)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca (Dummett), Shelvey, Hayden, Ritchie, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kenedy, Muto (Arp)

This is a gutting defeat as we should have had the game sewn up in the 1st half but Ayoze Perez missed 3 glorious chances. I thought we were going to get a draw but it was not to be and Liverpool go level with us at the top of the table.

--

SUMMARY

8 games were played in this hectic December and at one stage everything was going great as we opened up a 7pt gap at the top of the table but we have been clawed back after defeats to Man City and Liverpool plus we drew with Brighton.

My players though are slogging it out as we have had our fair share of injuries and suspensions and hopefully I can bring in one or two players in January to ease the workload a bit!!!

In the FA Cup we have a decent draw against Millwall while in the Carabao Cup semis we have a nightmare tie against Man City.

Finally Brighton sacked Chris Hughton and Spurs sacked Mauricio Pochettino as the managerial merry go round begins and Christian Atsu won the African Footballer of the Year award.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    MATT RITCHIE

Name:	Matt Ritchie_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	15
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	1174802

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages-4.png
Views:	15
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	1174803

11. Ayeeeee good to see you back in The Toon. Incredible start mate KIU
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

12. Looking forward to this enjoy any of your saves. Well written stories with the right amount of detail.
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

13. I wish my NUFC save was going as strong!! I am around 15th/16th after 30 games! Ayoze is awful for me too!! KIU mate!
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

14. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

JANUARY

v
    Everton 3 (Sandro 7, 87, Yedlin og37)
    Newcastle United 1 (Murphy 68)

Lineup
    - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Fernandez, Ricca (Dummett), Xadas, Hayden, Ritchie (Murphy), Ayoze Perez, Kenedy, Rondon (Arp)

Are the wheels coming off? 3 games without a win and 2 defeats in a row as my under strength side put in a dismal display here. Liverpool lost at home to Wolves though surprisingly.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
    v
    Millwall 1 (Gregory 90)
    Newcastle United 1 (Arp 7)

Lineup - Woodman, Manquillo, Fernandez (Maresic), Clark, Dummett, Cuisance, Hayden (Diame), Murphy (Toure), Xadas, Kenedy, Arp

Our struggles continue as my backups fail to beat Millwall. Kenedy had a goal in stoppage time disallowed that would have won it but it was not to be. I suppose it will be another game for match experience for my backups - looking on the positive side!

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
    v
    Newcastle United 2 (Kenedy 13, Murphy 28)
    Manchester City 2 (Gignac 27, Bernardo Silva 85)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles (Lejeune), Schar, Ricca (Dummett), Shelvey, Rondon, Murphy, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kenedy, Rondon

That's 5 games without a win as my strong side are held by Man City's backup side. Their 2nd goal was tough to take and we now know we have to score at the Etihad if we are to reach the final.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Lascelles 6, Ayoze Perez 68, D'Amico 75)
    Leicester City 1 (Morgan 47)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca, Shelvey, Diame (Cuisance), Murphy (D'Amico), Ayoze Perez*, Kenedy (Xadas), Muto

Finally we get back to winning ways here. We took an early lead through captain Lascelles and then they had Okazaki sent-off shortly after and we should have been on easy street however they levelled just after half-time.

I made a triple substitution on the hour mark and it did the trick as Ayoze Perez scored with a stunning finish and Felice D'Amico scored a debut goal to seal the match.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay
    v
    Newcastle United 3 (Kenedy 18, 75, Xadas 34pen)
    Millwall 1 (O'Brien 90)

Lineup - Dubravka, Manquillo, Fernandez, Lejeune (Maresic), Dummett, Cuisance, Hayden (Diame), D'Amico, Xadas, Kenedy*, Arp (Rondon)

This is what should have happened in the first match but as I said then it is another game for my backups and youngsters.

--

v
    Watford 0
    Newcastle United 3 (Ayoze Perez 26, Murphy 50, Lascelles 71)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca, Shelvey, Cuisance (Diame), Murphy, Ayoze Perez, Kenedy, Muto (Rondon) (Xadas)

A very convincing away victory as we dominated Watford from start to finish. Lascelles has now scored in his last 2 league games.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
    v
    Manchester City 3 (Delph 27, Roberts 72, Sane 81)
    Newcastle United 0
    (Agg: 5-2)

Lineup
    - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca, Shelvey (Diame), Cuisance, Murphy, Ayoze Perez, Kenedy (Atsu), Muto (D'Amico)

Either Man City completely outplayed us or my players didn't want to reach the final as they seemed to chuck it in and were woeful. A terrible performance.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
    v
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 (Helder Costa 12, Jimenez 29)
    Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 28, Xadas 69)

Lineup - Woodman, Manquillo, Fernandez, Lejeune (Maresic), Dummett, Diame (Hayden), Cuisance (Ki Sung-Yeung), D'Amico, Xadas*, Kenedy, Muto

I will take this considering I played my backups - we better win the replay though!!!!!

--

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Cuisance 35, Muto 71)
    Fulham 1 (Vietto 29)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney (Ricca), Shelvey, Cuisance*, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kenedy, Muto

This being deadline day I signed Kieran Tierney for a new club record fee this morning and he played this evening. Fulham did well but Muto's winner was well deserved.

--

SUMMARY

This month started off as a nightmare but ended well. Our poor form at the end of the year carried over into the start of the new one as we lost to Everton, drew with Millwall and then did the same against Man City's reserves in the Carabao Cup semi.

We then bounced back with 3 straight wins before losing to Man City in the Carabao Cup and drawing with Wolves away in the FA Cup before edging out Fulham in the league. We end the month 1pt clear on top and we are clinging on for dear life.

As for transfers I brought in 4 players including a club record signing which almost doubled the previous club record fee. The new record signing is
    Kieran Tierney from Celtic who came in for £31m and will be my left back for years to come. Mickael Cuisance came in for an unbelievably cheap £6.5m from Borussia MGB while my FM18 favourite Felice D'Amico came in from Palermo for £4m. Finally Luka Adzic came in from Rad for £325,000 and has been loaned out to Anorthosis.

Name:	Kieran Tierney_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	3
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	1174955

Name:	Mickaël Cuisance_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	1174956

Name:	Felice D'Amico_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	1174957

Name:	Luka Adzic_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	2
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	1174958

Outgoing was several players - the main one being Matt Ritchie who I sold to Arsenal for an initial £22m fee which could rise to £31m. Matt did well for me but the price was too good to turn down and with D'Amico arriving and Murphy impressing we were able to let him go.

Ciaran Clark was sold to Bournemouth for £6.5m, Joselu left to go to Espanyol for £2.2m and Rob Elliot went to Leeds for £800,000.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    KENEDY

Name:	Kenedy_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	1174954

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages-5.png
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	1174953
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 16/08/2018 at 10:20 PM.

15. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

FEBRUARY

v
    Manchester United 2 (Lingard 6, Matic 37)
    Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Dubravka,
    Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney, Shelvey (Diame), Cuisance, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Ricca), Kenedy (Atsu), Muto

We escaped with a respectable scoreline here as we got battered. We weren't helped by the fact that Yedlin got sent-off in the 1st half and we ended the game with 9 men when Diame went off injured.

--

FA Cup 4th Round Replay
    v
    Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 1, Muto 27)
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 (Diogo Jota 83)

Lineup - Woodman, Manquillo, Fernandez, Lejeune, Dummett, Cuisance, Hayden (Ki Sung-Yeung), D'Amico*, Xadas, Atsu, Muto

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Kenedy 19, 80, Forster 46og)
    Southampton 0

Lineup - Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney, Shelvey, Cuisance, D'Amico (Murphy), Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kenedy*, Muto (Arp)

A good performance. Our 3rd goal was a beauty as Kenedy finished off a great team move. Lascelles had a goal disallowed.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
    v
    West Bromwich Albion 3 (Phillips 19, Rodriguez 37, 50)
    Newcastle United 7 (Arp 17, 25, 35, 45, Atsu 21, Cuisance 23, Ki Sung-Yeung 56)

Lineup - Woodman, Manquillo, Lascelles, Lejeune, Dummett, Ki Sung-Yeung, Cuisance, D'Amico, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Atsu, Arp*

Another crazy game where the scoreline was 6-2 in our favour at half-time!!! Fiete Arp helped himself to 4 goals.

--

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Ayoze Perez 8, 38, Arp 13, 20)
    Cardiff City 0

Lineup
    - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney, Shelvey (Ki Sung-Yeung), Cuisance, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez, Kenedy (Atsu), Arp*

I rewarded Fiete Arp with his first league start after scoring 4 in the cup and he repaid me with 2 goals here against the bottom placed side.

--

SUMMARY

February was quite quiet but we did well enough despite losing to Man Utd in our first match of the month. We managed to win our other 2 league games which sees us back on top of the table by 1pt while we also progressed in the FA Cup and we will play Leicester City in the quarter-finals.

Other than that it was quiet although Man City won the Carabao Cup.

The youth intake happened and it was very good for us as we got 5 decent looking players but nobody who is going to walk straight into the 1st team.

Name:	Graham Conway_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	1175311Click image for larger version

Name:	Joseph Marwood_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	1175313

Name:	Jamie Preston_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	1175312Click image for larger version

Name:	Lenny Robson_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	1175314

Name:	Martyn Convery_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	1175315

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    FIETE ARP

Name:	Fiete Arp_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	1175310

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	1175309
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 19/08/2018 at 10:27 AM.

16. Title incoming
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

17. very nice...perez dose not play well for me ..how do you play him
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

18. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

MARCH

v
    Bournemouth 2 (King 3, 56)
    Newcastle United 2 (Ayoze Perez 58, 59)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney (Ricca), Shelvey, Cuisance, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez, Kenedy (Muto), Arp (Rondon)

I am pleased that we came back to get a point here as at 2-0 down we were out of it and not playing well but Ayoze Perez got a quickfire double to salvage a point for us.

--

v
    West Ham United 4 (Jorgensen 14, 28, 88, Yarmolenko 55)
    Newcastle United 3 (Ayoze Perez 6, 90, Cuisance 69)

Lineup -Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca (Dummett), Shelvey, Cuisance, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez, Kenedy (Murphy), Rondon (Arp)

An entertaining match but we didn't deserve to win as West Ham played well and even had a goal disallowed. Dubravka had a shocker in goal while Ayoze Perez has scored a double in his last 3 games.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
    v
    Leicester City 1 (Adrien Silva 43pen)
    Newcastle United 3 (Arp 4, 81, 87)

Lineup - Woodman (Dubravka), Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney, Shelvey, Cuisance, Murphy (Xadas), Ayoze Perez, Kenedy (Muto), Arp*

We reach the semis thanks to Arp's 2nd hat-trick of the competition and 3rd hat-trick of the season. Freddie Woodman got injured in the first half and will be out for a month.

--

SUMMARY

We only had 3 games this month which made it quite boring but very quick and just as well as we didn't play well as we dropped 5pts in the league due to a draw with Bournemouth and a defeat to West Ham but we recovered by beating Leicester in the FA Cup quarter-finals. In the semis we will play Everton.

So we go into the penultimate month of the season 2nd in the table, level on points with 2 other teams but 4pts behind Chelsea. Our next game? Chelsea at home!!! Finally Arsenal sacked Unai Emery and replaced him with Rafa Benitez while my U23 manager Jens Lehmann left us to become manager of Burton Albion.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    AYOZE PEREZ

Name:	Ayoze Pérez_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	1175382

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	1175383

dporter8999 likes this.

19. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbarber871 View Post
    very nice...perez dose not play well for me ..how do you play him
    Advanced Playmaker with a support duty in AMC - I play 4-2-3-1 wide.

Tbh I have had him before and this is by far and away the best I have seen him play.

20. he just dose not play well at for me and i play him as that

21. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

APRIL

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Arp 39, 49)
    Chelsea 4 (Pedro 13, 15, Hazard 41pen, 45)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Ricca (Dummett), Shelvey, Cuisance (Diame), D'Amico (Murphy), Ayoze Perez, Atsu, Arp

Our title dream seems over as Chelsea go 7pts clear of us. They destroyed us in the 1st half and I can have no complaints. That's 2 successive defeats in the league and 3 games without a win.

--

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Diame 33, Murphy 64, Koscielny 65og, D'Amico 82)
    Arsenal 1 (Aubameyang 13)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney, Shelvey (Ki Sung-Yeung), Diame, D'Amico*, Ayoze Perez, Atsu (Murphy), Arp (Muto)

Wonderful!!!!! Tbh Arsenal had 21 shots to our 14 but once we took the lead we battered them and they just caved in and Lascelles even had a goal disallowed. A perfect way to end our poor run of form.

--

v
    Tottenham Hotspur 3 (Lamela 30, Eriksen 50, Alli 69)
    Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lejeune, Schar (Maresic), Tierney, Shelvey, Diame, D'Amico (Murphy), Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kenedy, Muto

Spurs, somehow, are languishing in 10th position but they taught us a lesson here and beat us easily.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Muto 21, Hagen 25og, D'Amico 65)
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 (Diogo Jota 32)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin*, Lejeune (Maresic), Schar, Tierney, Shelvey, Cuisance (Diame), D'Amico, Ayoze Perez, Kenedy (Xadas), Muto

We bounce back with a fairly comfortable victory but Shelvey missed a penalty for us. He has only 1 goal this season which is poor.

--

v
    Crystal Palace 1 (Zaha 80)
    Newcastle United 7 (D'Amico 2, Muto 21, Ayoze Perez 33, 40, 88, Lascelles 63, Schar 68)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney, Shelvey, Cuisance, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez*, Kenedy (Murphy), Muto

Quite simply breathtaking!!! Before the game I was asked about our poor away form but we shut them up here with a ruthless performance as we smashed 7 past Crystal Palace. It was a party atmosphere for us as even our 2 CBs got goals.

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
    v
    Everton 1 (Dubravka 113og)
    Newcastle United 3 (Murphy 97, 112, Arp 115)
    AET

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney, Shelvey (Diame), Cuisance, D'Amico (Murphy*), Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kenedy, Muto (Arp)

Into the final we go!!!! It was a tight game although we had a goal disallowed in the 2nd half but in extra-time our superior fitness told and we brushed Everton aside.

--

v
    Newcastle United 1 (Kenedy 75)
    Manchester City 1 (Sane 90)

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney, Shelvey, Cuisance, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Diame), Murphy (Kenedy), Muto

Officially we can still win the title but Sane's last minute equaliser hands the title to Chelsea.

--

SUMMARY

Our title dreams are over as Chelsea have managed to pip us to the title with 2 games remaining. Well I say that - if they lose both of their games and Man Utd win all 3 of theirs then Man Utd win the league and the two teams play each other but its Chelsea's to lose and we are hoping to finish 2nd.

Champions League football has been secured for next season and I have been given a healthy £60m starting budget for transfers. I am hoping to sell at least £30m worth of talent so a big summer is coming up!!!!

We made it to the FA Cup final and will play Man Utd so hopefully we can have our day in the sun and end the near 50 year wait for a trophy. The club is celebrating its 125 year anniversary this season so to win the FA Cup would be fantastic.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    DEANDRE YEDLIN

Name:	DeAndre Yedlin_ Overview Profile-2.png
Views:	10
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	1175455

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	1175456

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 20/08/2018 at 04:54 PM.
    coolmcool likes this.

22. Amazing first season, only going to get better with that £60Million to spend KIU
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

23. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

MAY

v
    Burnley 1 (Barnes 55)
    Newcastle United 5 (Kenedy 14, Arp 29, 76, 90, D'Amico 71)

Lineup
    - Woodman, Yedlin, Lascelles, Maresic, Ricca (Dummett), Shelvey (Diame), Cuisance, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kenedy, Arp*

I decided to give Arp and Maresic a start here against doomed Burnley and they rewarded me with a fine performance. Arp got his 4th hat-trick of the season as we look to secure 2nd spot. Man Utd lost and are 3pts behind us with 1 game in hand.

--

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Arp 19, 67pen)
    Huddersfield Town 2 (Depoitre 23, 64)

Lineup
    - Woodman, Manquillo, Lejeune, Maresic (Fernandez), Ricca, Diame, Ki Sung-Yeung, Murphy (Toure), Ayoze Perez, Xadas (Muto), Arp

2nd place was secured before the match so I rested my first XI for the cup final apart from Ayoze Perez as he has featured in every league game this season. Fiete Arp has scored 5 goals in 2 games and therefore will start the FA Cup final.

--

FA Cup Final
    v
    Newcastle United 2 (Arp 33pen, 63)
    Manchester United 1 (Pereira 83)

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Tierney, Shelvey (Diame), Cuisance, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kenedy (Atsu), Arp

WE WIN THE FA CUP!!!!

How I don't know as Man Utd outshot us 27 to 5 but we scored through Fiete Arp's penalty before he had a 2nd goal disallowed. We held on to half-time and then Arp struck again to somehow put us 2-0 up. They piled on the pressure and scored late on but we held on to win the cup.

--

SUMMARY

FA Cup winners we be!!!! The final 3 games was all about securing 2nd place in the league and winning the FA Cup. Man Utd failed to win 2 of their last 3 league games so 2nd place was wrapped up as we thumped Burnley and drew with Huddersfield and then we got a smash and grab victory against Man Utd to end our trophy drought.

So the 1st season is over and it has been fantastic. Now I have to overhaul my squad so we can assert our place as a top 4 side and prove that this season isn't a fluke.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    FIETE ARP
    Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-fiete-arp_-overview-profile-2.png

Sam91 and dporter8999 like this.

24. Congrats on winning the FA Cup
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

25. Yes mate!!! Well done on getting some silverware. Looking forward to seeing how you spend that wonga
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

26. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

END OF SEASON POST

Season 1 is over and if you offered me a 2nd place finish, win the FA Cup and get to the semi-finals of the Carabao Cup at the start of the season I would have snapped your hand off so I am obviously delighted at how the season went. In the league we were top until Christmas but we wobbled slightly just when Chelsea hit their top form and we weren't able to claw them back.

Almost everything went according to plan but the squad needs a major overhaul - especially with European football coming back to St.James Park. I need to bring in more English players for sure and I think that I only have Dummett and Woodman as homegrown players drawn from the club and only Shelvey, Murphy, Lascelles and Hayden have been trained in the country.

--

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	1175580

I cant complain about 2nd place and we pushed Chelsea right til the end. Man City had a shocking season, as did Arsenal and Spurs while Watford and Burnley are surprisingly relegated. The 3 teams coming up? Stoke, WBA and Swansea lol.

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

Name:	Newcastle United_ Players Players.png
Views:	9
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	1175581Click image for larger version

Name:	Newcastle United_ Players Players-2.png
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	1175582

Goalkeepers - Dubravka was first choice and did OK and is attracting interest from Man Utd while Freddie Woodman was my cup keeper and got a load of games including some in the league so he is developing nicely.

Defenders - Kieran Tierney was immense at left back as was DeAndre Yedlin on the other flank. Lascelles and Schar were solid while all the others were average at best. I am looking to offload Lejeune, Manquillo, Fernandez and possibly even Ricca (I have 3 left backs) so expect reinforcements coming in for the defensive positions.

Midfielders - Shelvey was disappointing as he only scored 1 goal and was overshadowed in the second half of the season by Cuisance who really impressed. Diame and Ki Sung-Yeung were average. On the left Kenedy took his time to get going but shone in the 2nd half of the season while Christian Atsu did well at the start. On the right Ritchie was excellent before being sold for big bucks and his replacement, D'Amico, at only 17 really performed considering he was getting thrown in at the deep end. Jacob Murphy did ok too.

Ayoze Perez was probably my player of the season. 23 goals - all in the league - and a very good average rating made him win the English Young Player of the Year award. He was so good that Xadas didn't get so many starts although he did impress when he did play.

Forwards - This was weird. In the 1st half of the season I was rotating, via form, Rondon and Muto. Rondon finished with 13 goals from 12 starts plus sub appearances which is decent while Muto scored 12 in 27 which in comparison isn't great but he was a defensive forward. In the 2nd half of the season I played Fiete Arp a bit more and he was sensational as he netted 24 times to be our top scorer in all comps from just 13 starts and 8 sub appearances!!!!!

My Player of the Year - Ayoze Perez
    My Young Player of the Year - Fiete Arp
    Disappointment of the Year - Jonjo Shelvey
    Donkey of the Year(as in someone who needs to get out of the club as they were so poor) - Florian Lejeune and Federico Fernandez

--

SUMMER PLANS

Buy buy buy and sell sell sell!!!!! I have so far arranged to sell 4 players and I have agreed to bring in 1 but that is just the start. Not only do I need first team players but I need to strengthen my reserve side with decent youngsters as there aren't many. I definitely need a new right back to challenge Yedlin, a new centre half, possibly a new cm, a new lw and a new striker!!!!!!

Rondon wont be getting kept on while I will only bring Kenedy back if the price is right. Should be fun!!!!

--

OTHER NEWS

I have to mention this. Aberdeen won the SPL somehow!!! I started this save the day before they signed James Wilson in real life so they didn't have him to help them but funnily enough they brought back Kenny McLean to the club and also signed Dylan McGeouch from Sunderland.

Man City sacked Guardiola and replaced him with Antonio Conte.

Regarding Newcastle - it seems that the Asian market is important as both Muto and Ki Sung-Yeung sold a load more shirts compared to some other higher profile players. I wondered if that was a factor in this years game and here is the answer!!!

Name:	Kris Stuart_  Inbox-3.png
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	1175584

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-kris-stuart_-inbox-2.png  
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 21/08/2018 at 04:59 PM.
    Sam91 and dporter8999 like this.

27. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

PRE-SEASON

Its safe to say that I was busy during the summer as with the week left of the transfer window I spent over £100m on 14 players and recouped over £70m by selling 11 players!!!!

Tbh nothing else was happening apart from me wheeling and dealing so without further ado this is what happened.

--

PLAYERS OUT

The biggest fee I received was £15.5m as I got that from Man Utd for Martin Dubravka and from Huddersfield for Dwight Gayle. I was always going to sell Gayle while I was unsure about selling Dubravka but I managed to find a much better replacement for a cheaper fee so I allowed that deal to go through.

Ki Sung-Yeung joined Southampton for £10.25m while other CMs that were sold were Jack Colback to Crystal Palace for £8m, Mohamed Diame to Werder Bremen for an initial £4.1m and Henri Saivet was loaned out to Hull for £1.6m. Colback and Saivet were never going to feature for me while Diame at 31 was always likely to be sold and I felt I could get a better CM than Ki Sung-Yeung so despite the extra merchandising income he would bring I sold him.

There was a host of defenders leaving too!!!! Florian Lejeune joined Eitracht Frankfurt for an initial £5.5m and Federico Fernandez joined Stoke for £6.5m. I had pre-arranged a deal for a CB to come in and I wanted to push Maresic more so I was happy to let those two go. I also sold Federico Ricca to Malaga for an initial £4.1m as I had one left back too many while Javi Manquillo joined Celta Vigo for an initial £2.8m.

Finally I loaned a few players out with the most notable being the aforementioned Saivet and also Luka Adzic who went back to Anorthosis Famagusta.

--

PLAYERS IN

Lets go through them by position in the first team. My new keeper is
    Geronimo Rulli who I brought in from Real Sociedad for a bargain £11.5m. I had a look at a few other keepers but when I got the asking price for Rulli I had to get the deal done. The Argentina international is a top quality keeper and at 26 can still improve.

Name:	Gerónimo Rulli_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	1175867

In at right back to compete with DeAndre Yedlin is
    Felix Passlack who has joined on loan from Borussia Dortmund. I tried without success to get an optional future fee on the deal but Passlack will certainly push Yedlin all the way as he is a wonderful young talent and a future world class full back.

Name:	Felix Passlack_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	1175868

I brought in two centre halves. Pre-arranged towards the end of last season was a £23m deal for
    Matthijs De Ligt who has joined from Ajax while I paid Sao Paulo £7m for Rodrigo Caio. I have never had De Ligt before but hopefully he will prove to be one of the worlds best CBs and at only 19 he has plenty of room to develop. Rodrigo Caio at 24 has a bit more experience but still has room to develop and at £7m it was a no brainer.

Name:	Matthijs de Ligt_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	1175869Click image for larger version

Name:	Rodrigo Caio_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	1175870

Now for my two most expensive signings and my two favourite signings and my new central midfield partnership. The first one being
    Arthur from Barcelona for a ridiculously cheap £29m!!!! He was listed for loan and I went in for that but thought I would see how much Barcelona would want for him and they quoted me £30m and I couldn't get the deal done quick enough. I had to give him a few bonuses and a hefty signing on fee etc but at £130k a week he didn't totally break the bank.

Name:	Arthur_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	1175871

His partner in midfield will be
    Lorenzo Pellegrini as I met his release clause of £25m to bring him to the club. Like Arthur I have managed him before and he is a world class midfielder. He didn't even appear in my transfer screen but I paid the release clause and he was interested so I made it happen. I had planned to play Shelvey and Cuisance in CM for the upcoming season but they will be back up now but with Arthur and Pellegrini I have certainly brought in a much higher quality of player.

Name:	Lorenzo Pellegrini_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	1175872

On the left wing and possibly my biggest transfer for next season is
    Moise Kean who I got on loan from Juventus with a £40m future fee. I will pay that fee when I get the money!!!! Kean is a future world class winger and will compete with Atsu for a starting berth this term.

Name:	Moise Kean_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	1175873

Two strikers came in. The first one was
    Andy Carroll from West Ham for £1m. He was brought in to help with registration rules for European football as he was trained at the club and he will get the odd appearance but essentially he will be backup. The other striker was Willem Geubbels from Monaco for £5m. The 16y/o will develop into a world class forward and will hopefully get a few games this season but I am delighted to get him in so cheaply.

Name:	Andy Carroll_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	1175874Click image for larger version

Name:	Willem Geubbels_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	1175875

Finally I brought in a few regens for just under £6m. The Romaniain Stoica was the most expensive at £2.5m but Mikel Santisteban who came in from Athletic Bilbao for £900,000 may prove to be the best.
    Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-achraf-andaloussi_-overview-profile.pngNewcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-gheorghe-stoica_-overview-profile.pngNewcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-guychel-kawaya_-overview-profile.pngNewcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-matija-musulin_-overview-profile.pngNewcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-mikel-santisteban_-overview-profile.png

So there you have it!!! A total of £107m spent so far and I still have another £10m left in the bank.

--

FIRST TEAM

Regarding my first XI we have a new keeper in Rulli, a new CB in De Ligt and my new central midfield pairing in Arthur and Pellegrini while Kean will play a bit on the left wing. Interestingly enough the bookies favourite to be top scorer in the league is Fiete Arp at 3/1 which I was shocked at as I wasn't even sure he would be first choice striker lol.

I think I have a squad capable enough to safely finish in the top four. I actually feel that if I didn't sign a single player for 4 years I would be challenging for Champions League titles by the end of that period with the talented youngsters that I have.

--

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 22/08/2018 at 06:43 PM.

28. Some cracking signings there mate, looking forward to seeing how they all settle in
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

29. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Felice D'Amico in action for Italy

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
    v
    Newcastle United 2 (Arp 35, D'Amico 90)
    Chelsea 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt*, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Atsu (Kean), Arp (Muto)

We kick off the season by winning a trophy but to temper any excitement this was a victory against Chelsea's unwanted players as they played youngsters and players who are transfer listed and on the loan list. Our 2nd goal was a wonderful team move.

--

v
    Newcastle United 4 (D'Amico 15, 49, Arp 19, 29)
    Huddersfield Town 2 (Sobhi 40, Gayle 63)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt, Dummett, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Cuisance), Atsu (Kean), Arp*

A decent way to kick off the league campaign with a comfortable victory. D'Amico had a late goal disallowed to deny him his hat-trick while Rulli saved a Huddersfield penalty in the 1st half.

--

v
    Chelsea 3 (Morata 17, 74, Hazard 90)
    Newcastle United 1 (D'Amico 81)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Cuisance), Atsu (Kean), Muto

Disappointing. We suffered a major blow before the match when Fiete Arp picked up an injury which keeps him out for a month and in the match we just didn't perform. That being said Chelsea weren't that much better but they were far more clinical in front of goal and that proved to be the deciding factor.

--

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Atsu 13, Shelvey 63pen)
    Everton 1 (Luan 28)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico, Ayoze Perez, Atsu*, Muto (Carroll)

It was important not to lose here after our defeat to Chelsea plus Everton went into this with a 100% record. Thankfully we were rewarded a dodgy penalty to allow us to win.

--

SUMMARY

Not a bad start to the season. We won the Community Shield, thumped Huddersfield, lost to Chelsea and edged out Everton as my new players begin to find their feet. Felice D'Amico and Fiete Arp have started well although Arp is currently injured but I am concerned about the amount of goals we are conceding as 6 in 4 league games is too much. Things will get better though.

The draw for the Champions League was not kind to us. We were the lowest ranked side and have been drawn against Lyon, Napoli and Barcelona. I would love to qualify for the next stage but it is a big ask.

I did make another signing in the transfer window as I brought in another regen from Athletic Bilbao in the shape of goalkeeper Dani Martin for £925,000. I also signed Uruguayan forward Corneiro on a free and have loaned him out. I will sell him on at a profit ASAP.

Name:	Dani Martín_ Overview Profile-2.png
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	1176025

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    FELICE D'AMICO

Name:	Felice D'Amico_ Overview Profile-2.png
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	1176026

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	1176027

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 23/08/2018 at 05:16 PM.
    dporter8999 likes this.

30. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

SEPTEMBER

v
    Swansea City 3 (Barnes 15, 51, 84pen)
    Newcastle United 4 (Atsu 11, 12, 75, Muto 57)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Atsu*, Muto (Kean)

Naturally to win is pleasing, Atsu's performance was pleasing but the 3 goals conceded has now raised my defensive concerns to boiling point. This cant go on but in true Kevin Keegan mid 90s Newcastle style - as long as we score more than the opposition.

--

UEFA Champions League Group F
    v
    Napoli 1 (Insigne 82pen)
    Newcastle United 2 (Muto 11, D'Amico 34)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico*, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Atsu (Kean), Muto

I am so proud of my team that they went into the lions den in Naples and came away with a victory. I am just gutted that we couldn't hold on to the clean sheet.

--

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Muto 5, Yedlin 89)
    West Bromwich Albion 1 (Chadli 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin,
    Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kean, Muto* (Arp)

WHY CANT WE KEEP A CLEAN SHEET????

To be honest this time it is understandable as we were down to 10 men with Lascelles being sent off and with Tierney and Arthur having knocks. Yedlin scored when we were down to 10 men when he tapped in from close range - god knows what he was doing up there in that situation!!!!

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
    v
    Newcastle United 4 (Carroll 4, 9, 47, Kean 77)
    AFC Wimbledon 1 (Hanson 72)

Lineup - Woodman, Passlack, Rodrigo Caio, Schar (Maresic), Dummett, Shelvey (Stoica), Cuisance (Hayden), Murphy, Xadas, Kean, Carroll*

Andy Carroll makes his first start on his return to the club and bags a hat-trick. Cant even keep a clean sheet here lol.

--

v

Arsenal 2 (Carrasco 5, Aubameyang 64)

Newcastle United 4 (Muto 23, 28, Atsu 52, De Ligt 74)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Atsu, Muto*

What a win this is. Muto keeps on scoring when he starts so Arp remains on the sidelines and his double here was crucial to our victory. Atsu has also started the season well and is keeping Kean out of the side while it was nice to see De Ligt score his first goal for us.

--

SUMMARY

This month was excellent as we won all our games and we scored 4 past Swansea, AFC Wimbledon and even Arsenal away but the highlight possibly was the 2-1 away win over Napoli - or the 4-2 away win over Arsenal lol.

We end the month top of the league which is nice but next month we have a horror run of fixtures...…..

Lyon
    Man City
    Spurs
    Barcelona
    Man Utd
    Arsenal

God help us!!!!
    --

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    YOSHINORI MUTO

Name:	Yoshinori Mutô_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	11
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	1176059

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Views:	11
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	1176060

31. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    <font color="#000000"><font size="4"><span style="font-family: trebuchet ms"><font size="5">

OCTOBER

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Muto 48, D'Amico 51, Kean 71)
    Lyon 2 (Mariano 36, 76)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Passlack), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Atsu (Kean), Muto

We were poor in the first half but after I gave the players a rollocking they bucked up their ideas and managed to bang in 3 goals to give us a vital win. 2 wins out of 2 in the group!

--

v
    Manchester City 2 (Aguero 40, 50)
    Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Dummett, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Atsu (Kean), Muto (Arp)

We weren't embarrassed but we weren't at the races at the same time. Man City have signed Bertrand, Icardi, Guerreiro and Varane amongst others so this was as tough as it gets.

--

v
    Newcastle United 5 (Arp 18, 78, Arthur 21, D'Amico 38, 42)
    Tottenham Hotspur 2 (Dembele 40, Guedes 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico*, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean, Arp

An amazing performance as I put in Kean and Arp from the start and we played some scintillating stuff although it was D'Amico who excelled as he scored 2 and got 2 assists.

--

v
    Newcastle United 1 (Xadas 31)
    Barcelona 2 (Malcom 2, Suarez 70)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Rodrigo Caio), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, Murphy, Xadas, Kean (Atsu), Arp (Muto)

An admirable performance and certainly a match where we deserved at least a draw as we missed some glorious chances. Disappointing but I am proud we played so well against one of the best there is.

--

v
    Manchester United 2 (Martial 76, Lukaku 85)
    Newcastle United 0

Lineup
    - Rulli,
    Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Dummett, Pellegrini, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico, Xadas, Kean (Atsu), Arp (Muto)

I can have no complaints as Man Utd outclassed us and we did well to hold on for as long as we did. Yedlin got sent-off in stoppage time. We have now conceded 18 goals in our 9 league games - atrocious.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
    v
    Newcastle United 1 (Xadas 46)
    Arsenal 0

Lineup - Woodman, Passlack, Schar, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance (Stoica), Shelvey, Murphy (Aarons), Xadas*, Kean, Muto (Geubbels)

I am delighted with this win as I took a risk and fielded my backups and youngsters while Arsenal put out their strong team. Our goal was a beautiful team move which ended with Xadas firing in from Kean's header back into his path.

--

SUMMARY

I don't think you can get a month with tougher fixtures than this but we did well all told. We came back to win against Lyon before Man City defeated us however we bounced back by thrashing Spurs and then we put in a great performance against Barcelona although it did end ultimately in defeat. Man Utd swept us aside easily enough before my backups knocked Arsenal out of the Carabao Cup.

I am happy at where we are in all competitions - 4th in the league having played the top sides early doors, 2nd in our Champions League group (above Barcelona) and in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals where we will play Man City.

I am not happy at all about our defensive record still. Whether its because of my new CB and GK, whether its because Tierney has missed a couple of games I dunno but we are conceding far, far, too many and I am too stubborn to change my attacking formation.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    XADAS

Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	1176401

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	1176402
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 25/08/2018 at 04:14 PM.
    coolmcool and Sam91 like this.

32. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

NOVEMBER

v
    Newcastle United 6 (Kean 1, 59, Arp 5, Hoedt 6og, D'Amico 13, Xadas 16)
    Southampton 0

Lineup - Rulli, Passlack, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas, Kean*, Arp

The complete team performance. We were outstanding here and blew Southampton away with 5 goals in the opening 16min. They started the game above us but we showed them who was boss and we finally get a clean sheet in the league!!!

--

v
    Barcelona 3 (Vidal 30, 78, Rakitic 65)
    Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas, Kean (Atsu), Arp (Muto)

No complaints as Barcelona showed their true class. We didn't do too badly tbh but we drop down to 3rd place.

--

v
    West Ham United 3 (Doucoure 24, Pratto 56, Lucas 57)
    Newcastle United 5 (Murphy 10, Arp 14pen, 21, Kean 20, 76)

Lineup - Rulli, Passlack, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Dummett), Shelvey (Hayden), Arthur, Murphy, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean*, Arp

West Ham came into this game top of the table but once again we were ruthless as at half-time we had scored 4 goals despite only having 5 shots. Arp's 2nd goal was a screamer from the edge of the area. In the 2nd half they pulled it back to within one and our lead was precarious and when Kean had a goal disallowed I was worried but he scored again anyway to seal the win. West Ham were the better team to be fair.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Arthur 57, Muto 73, 86)
    Fulham 2 (Vietto 9, 41)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, Murphy, Xadas, Kean (Atsu), Arp (Muto)

What a comeback!!!!! We were awful in the 1st half and couldn't see us getting back level but Arthur pulled a goal back and then we quickly had a goal disallowed as Fulham were rocking and that was when Muto made his mark as he scored twice to win us the game and to complete the comeback.

--

v
    Newcastle United 4 (D'Amico 7, Kean 17, 82, Ayoze Perez 55)
    Napoli 0

Lineup - Rulli, Passlack, Lascelles, De Ligt, Dummett, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Atsu), Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean*, Arp (Muto)

Wonderful. We thump Napoli here (who have lost all 5 games so far) and that's despite having Xadas and D'Amico going off injured in the 1st 10min.

--

SUMMARY

This month was nearly perfect as we thumped just about everyone we came up against. We smashed 6 past Southampton, 5 past West Ham, 4 past Napoli and scored 3 against Fulham as we came back from 2 down to win. Unfortunately we came up against Barcelona and they showed us how far we have to go to reach the very top level.

We currently sit 2ts clear at the top of the Premier League and are level on points with Lyon in 2nd place in our Champions League group - our final game is away to Lyon.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    MOISE KEAN

Name:	Moise Kean_ Overview Profile-2.png
Views:	5
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	1176436

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Views:	5
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1176437
    Sam91 likes this.

33. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Kieran Tierney in action for Scotland

DECEMBER

v
    Liverpool 4 (Origi 36, Rodri 45, Firmino 72, Belotti 90)
    Newcastle United 3 (Kean 26, Murphy 48, Arp 55)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, Murphy, Ayoze Perez (Cuisance), Kean, Arp

Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle. We have been here before. Our defensive frailties cost us dear here as we let 2 leads slip to end up with nothing.

--

v
    Lyon 1 (Mariano 49)
    Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, Murphy (Passlack), Ayoze Perez, Kean (Atsu), Arp

We go out of the Champions League with defeat here which is gutting as Atsu had an equaliser disallowed. I suppose we were never likely to win the Champions League whereas we have a chance to win the Europa League maybe.

--

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Kean 14, Muto 87)
    Bournemouth 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, Rodrigo Caio (Schar), Dummett, Pellegrini, Cuisance (Stoica), Murphy, Ayoze Perez, Kean*, Arp (Muto)

A much needed victory and even more we get a very rare clean sheet.

--

v
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 (Vargas 76)
    Newcastle United 2 (Pellegrini 77, Muto 84)

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini*, Arthur, Murphy, Ayoze Perez, Kean (Atsu), Arp (Muto)

It took Wolves to take the lead before we woke up in this match and immediately after falling behind Pellegrini smashed in his first goal for us and minutes later supersub Muto snatched the winner.

--

v
    Manchester City 1 (Mahrez 62pen)
    Newcastle United 1 (Arp 23)
    (AET - Newcastle United won 3-1 on penalties)

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin*, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, Murphy (Passlack), Ayoze Perez (Cuisance), Kean (Atsu), Arp

I am delighted to sneak through here as we are now strong favourites to win the cup as the other 3 remaining teams are Burnley, Huddersfield and Crystal Palace. Freddie Woodman saved two penalties in the shoot-out.

--

v
    Leicester City 2 (Knockaert 10, Slimani 87)
    Newcastle United 3 (Rodrigo Caio 1, Kean 44, 51)

Lineup - Rulli, Passlack, Lascelles, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Pellegrini, Cuisance (Hayden), Murphy (Xadas), Ayoze Perez, Kean, Arp (Muto)

Leicester are struggling this season but they gave a good account of themselves here. Rodrigo Caio got his first goal for us after 30sec and Kean added a double as he continues to impress. Leicester sacked Claude Puel immediately after the game.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Arp 41pen, 44, Murphy 90)
    Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney*, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Xadas, Kean (Atsu), Arp

A rare clean sheet as we beat struggling Brighton. We have won our last 4 league games now as we are hitting top form.

--

v
    Stoke City 0
    Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 22, 61)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Dummett, Pellegrini, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico*, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean (Atsu), Arp

Back to back clean sheets!!!! Dear me lol.

--

SUMMARY

December was a bad month at the start but it brightened up by the end! At the beginning we threw away 2 leads to lose to Liverpool while we then were knocked out of the Champions League by Lyon. We then however bounced back by winning the next 5 league games and also knocked Man City out of the Carabao Cup on penalties so we are in a good strong position as we are top of the table by 1pt.

I still feel that there is room for improvement though. Xadas and Ayoze Perez haven't really performed in the AMC position and if it wasn't for Kean/Arp/D'Amico we would be struggling. Fiete Arp by the way won the European Golden Boy award while my young Moroccan who is out on loan won the African Young Player of the Year award.

FInally in the cups we have non league Leyton Orient in the FA Cup, Huddersfield in the semis of the Carabao Cup but in the Europa League we have a tricky tie against Borussia Dortmund.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    KIERAN TIERNEY

Name:	Kieran Tierney_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	1176484

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	1176485

Sam91 likes this.

34. Close at the top! Hope you can keep it going and win the title
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

35. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

JANUARY

v
    Huddersfield Town 3 (Mounie 25, Sobhi 53, Hogg 76)
    Newcastle United 4 (Arp 2, 14, 90, De Ligt 8)

Lineup - Rulli, Passlack, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Dummett), Cuisance, Shelvey (Hayden), D'Amico, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean, Arp*

Fiete Arp is the man of the moment as his last minute winner secured the points and his hat-trick as we almost threw away a 3 goal lead. This is the first of 3 meetings with Huddersfield this month.

--

v
    Newcastle United 5 (Kean 4, D'Amico 23, Ayoze Perez 43, Atsu 49, Arp 59)
    Chelsea 1 (Morata 45)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt*, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez, Kean (Atsu), Arp

An amazing performance. We got an early goal and then kept on putting on the pressure on Chelsea. We were 3 up on the verge of half-time and even though they pulled a goal back we scored another 2 in the 2nd half to complete a memorable victory.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
    v

Newcastle United 5 (Shelvey 7, Murphy 10, Lascelles 51, Carroll 68pen, Geubbels 71)
    Leyton Orient 0

Lineup - Woodman, Passlack, Lascelles, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey (Hayden), Murphy*, Ayoze Perez (Santisteban), Atsu (Carroll), Geubbels

Everything was good about this from Shelvey's screamer from distance, Lascelles getting a rare goal, Carroll winding back the years with a goal and Geubbels scoring his first for us.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
    v
    Huddersfield Town 2 (Sobhi 5, 47)
    Newcastle United 2 (Kongolo 13og, Atsu 45)

Lineup - Woodman, Passlack, Lascelles, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance (Stoica), Shelvey, Murphy (Carroll), Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Atsu, Geubbels

I took a risk and decided to play my backups and they did ok although I did expect to win. We have a slender advantage for the 2nd leg which crucially will be played at St.James Park.

--

v
    Everton 1 (Richarlison 60)
    Newcastle United 1 (Kean 90 )

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico*, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kean, Arp (Geubbels)

Amazingly this is our first draw in the league this season and it was no more than we deserved as we were the better team throughout so I was delighted when Kean struck in injury time.

--

v
    Newcastle United 7 (Gabrielsen 2og, D'Amico 24, 25, Kean 39, De Ligt 53, Carroll 69, Xadas 77)
    Swansea City 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico*, Xadas, Kean, Arp (Carroll)

We were unbelievable here and thrashed sorry Swansea. The best goal was from De Ligt as he fired home from the edge of the area.

--

v
    West Bromwich Albion 2 (Rodriguez 5, Man 68)
    Newcastle United 3 (Pellegrini 10, Arthur 23, D'Amico 24)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur*, D'Amico, Xadas (Cuisance), Kean (Atsu), Arp (Ayoze Perez)

My one criticism of my 2 CMs is that they don't score enough but both of them were on the scoresheet here.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
    v
    Newcastle United 3 (Geubbels 4, Atsu 39, Ayoze Perez 60)
    Huddersfield Town 1 (Depoitr 90)
    (Agg: 5-3)

Lineup - Woodman, Passlack, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett*, Cuisance (Santisteban), Shelvey (Stoica), Murphy (Aarons), Ayoze Perez, Atsu, Geubbels

We make the final easily enough as my backups complete the job. Paul Dummett was the star of the show surprisingly.

--

SUMMARY

We started 2019 in fine fashion as almost everything went according to plan as we won all our games apart from the 2 that we drew. In the league we have opened up a 3pt gap at the top with a game in hand thanks to some fine performances from the 5-1 victory over Chelsea to the 7-0 win over Swansea.

In the FA Cup we put 5 past Leyton Orient while in the Carabao Cup we knocked out Huddersfield to set up a final with Crystal Palace.

Transfer wise I sold Fabian Schar to Bournemouth for £14.25m. He was blocking Maresic's progress and had hardly played so it was a no brainer. Dortmund kept bidding for Rulli but naturally I wasn't interested - they only offered us £20m anyway.

Incoming I toyed with signing a new AMC and had agreed to sign Lucas Paqueta for £13.25m but I figured that I am doing ok despite my AMCs not starring plus I am still short of that magical £40m that I need to bring in Moise Kean permanently.

I did however bring in a young Serbian for £325,000 from Partizan Belgrade. Armin Djerlek looks a decent player and at the very least we should make a good profit on him.

Name:	Armin Djerlek_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	13
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	1176533

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    MATTHIJS DE LIGT

Name:	Matthijs de Ligt_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	1176536

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	1176535
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-felice-damico_-overview-profile.png  
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 26/08/2018 at 03:35 PM.
    coolmcool likes this.

36. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Moise Kean in action for Italy

FEBRUARY

FA Cup 4th Round
    v
    Newcastle United 4 (Kean 49, D'Amico 66, Ayoze Perez 86, Murphy 90)
    Everton 1 (Sandro 85)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico*, Ayoze Perez, Kean (Murphy), Arp (Carroll)

Our fine form continues here as we thump Everton although to be fair 2 late goals put an added gloss to the scoreline.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Kean 18, Arp 68, 80)
    Arsenal 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Ayoze Perez, Kean, Arp*

The run continues as we swat aside Arsenal with ease. Lascelles had an early goal disallowed so it could have been more. The race to be our top scorer is really on as Arp is on 19 and D'Amico and Kean is on 18.

--

v
    Newcastle United 1 (Kean 31)
    Manchester City 1 (Aguero 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Cuisance, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kean, Arp (Carroll)

Gutted. Maybe I should have went more defensive towards the end but with the run of form that we are on I was confident in seeing it out but it was not to be.

--

v
    Tottenham Hotspur 3 (Eriksen 32, Llorente 78, 85)
    Newcastle United 3 (Kean 20, 73, D'Amico 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kean*, Arp (Muto)

This was an enthralling match that went one way and then the other. When we went 2-1 up with just over 15min to go I was confident we would hold out but they scored twice and we needed D'Amico to pop up in stoppage time to grab the deserved equaliser.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg
    v
    Borussia Dortmund 2 (Dolberg 78, Hwang Hee-Chan 81)
    Newcastle United 4 (D'Amico 21, Pellegrini 22, De Ligt 59, 70)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt*, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez, Kean, Arp (Muto)

If the game had ended at 4-0 I would be saying this is the away performance that you dream of but the 2 late goals conceded leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
    v
    Southampton 0
    Newcastle United 2 (Kean 27, Muto 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Rodrigo Caio (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney*, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Ayoze Perez, Kean, Arp (Muto)

Decent win. Muto has missed over a month due to the Asian Cup and he managed to get back to the scoresheet here but he may be sacrificed as (1) I need money for Kean and (2) losing a player for that long isn't good (although I always like to promote youngsters so forget about no.2 lol)

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg
    v
    Newcastle United 5 (Rodrigo Caio 3, Xadas 5, Muto 18, Cuisance 61, Carroll 80)
    Borussia Dortmund 4 (Dolberg 11, 16, Isak 53, Reus 71pen)
    (Agg: 9-6)

Lineup - Woodman, Passlack, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey (Hayden), Murphy, Xadas, Atsu (Carroll), Muto

A crazy exciting match as we come out on top in a 9 goal thriller. Felix Passlack, against his parent club, got 2 assists.

--

SUMMARY

Apart from 2 draws in the league where we threw away winning positions, this was a good month as we progressed in the FA Cup and in the Europa League we scored 9 past Dortmund over the 2 legs. However in the league we have dropped down into 2nd position but we still have a game in hand as it is a 2 horse race at the top of the league.

As it stands we are one of 2 teams battling it out for the title, we are overwhelming favourites to win the Carabao Cup, we are in the FA Cup quarters with a decent draw against Stoke and our form makes us fancy our chances in the Europa League.

Youth intake next month!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    MOISE KEAN

Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	1176610

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	1176611

coolmcool likes this.

37. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

MARCH

Carabao Cup Final
    v
    Crystal Palace 0
    Newcastle United 2 (Kean 42, D'Amico 67)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Rodrigo Caio, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico*, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Kean, Arp (Muto)

WE WIN THE CARABAO CUP!!!

This is the first time in our history that we have won the league cup so I am naturally delighted. We were the better team throughout and it was my two young Italian wingers that got the goals. Just a shame that Lascelles was injured. Crystal Palace sacked their manager, Prandelli, after the game.

--

v
    Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 37, 52)
    Manchester United 2 (Mandzukic 26, Sanchez 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Rodrigo Caio, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico*, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean, Arp

Oh what could and should have been. With 1min to go D'Amico won a penalty and Arp's kick was saved and they went up the other end to score on the counter attack to salvage a point for them. There was still enough time for Matic to get sent-off too. I am naturally gutted that we didn't win but no ground was lost and we still have a game in hand so I cant complain too much.

--

v
    Southampton 2 (Gabbiadini 21, 89)
    Newcastle United 2 (Arp 67, Arthur 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas, Kean (Atsu), Arp

That's 4 draws in a row in the league and I fear this run may cost us as Man Utd move 3pts clear although we have the game in hand and the goal difference is equal. It could and should have been worse to be fair as Southampton dominated but Arthur struck in injury time to get us a point.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg
    v
    Newcastle United 3 (Kean 54, 63, 65)
    Everton 1 (Luan 81)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean*, Arp (Muto)

I would like to think that this win should be good enough for us to go through but time will tell. Moise Kean smashed in a hat-trick in 11min to put us in control.

--

v
    Newcastle United 6 (Kean 9, 73, 85, Cuisance 83, Arp 90, Ayoze Perez 90)
    West Ham United 2 (Pratto 3pen, 49)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean*, Arp

We end our run of 4 draws in a row in fine style as we blasted in 5 goals in the final 20min of the match. Cuisance scored one of the best goals I have ever seen as he volleyed in from 25 yards to put us 3-2 up.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg
    v
    Everton 1 (Luan 77)
    Newcastle United 1 (Murphy 66)
    (Agg: 2-4)

Lineup - Woodman, Passlack, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey, Murphy, Ayoze Perez, Muto, Carroll (Aarons)

Job done. I put faith in my backups to see us through and they did just that with a professional if uninspiring performance.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
    v
    Stoke City 0
    Newcastle United 1 (Muto 70)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Xadas, Kean, Arp (Muto*)

We huffed and puffed our way to the semis here as Muto came off the bench to put us through.

--

SUMMARY

We are all set for a thrilling end to the season as the business end is upon us. We stumbled a bit in the league but the 6-2 win over West Ham, coupled with Man Utd losing means we are top of the table on goal difference with a game in hand.

In the cups we won the Carabao Cup by beating Crystal Palace while in the FA Cup semis Crystal Palace will be our opponents there too!!!! In the Europa League we dumped out Everton and have PSV Eindhoven in the quarters.

The youth intake was pretty average. We got a not bad keeper (a position we don't need) but nobody to really shout about.

In other news Man City sacked Antonio Conte.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    MOISE KEAN

ID:	1176862

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1176863
    coolmcool likes this.

38. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Fiete Arp in action for Germany

APRIL

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Kean 12, D'Amico 23, 46, 53)
    Liverpool 1 (Keita 29)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Shelvey, D'Amico*, Xadas, Kean, Arp (Geubbels)

What a performance!!!! Kean and D'Amico yet again terrorise our opponents and this time it was D'Amico who scored the hat-trick with his 3rd being the pick of the goals as he smashed in a first time volley.

--

v
    Fulham 1 (Vietto 67)
    Newcastle United 2 (Kean 32, Arp 39pen)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, Maresic, Dummett, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Xadas, Kean, Arp (Muto)

Fulham really gave us a tough match here as we were without a few players which naturally affected our performance however we got the all important win.

--

v
    Bournemouth 2 (Gray 6, Nuno Santos 60)
    Newcastle United 2 (Lascelles 3, Arthur 27)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Rodrigo Caio), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean, Arp (Muto)

Two dropped points but I suppose I can accept a draw. This result means our unbeaten run in the league is now 19 games - half the league season.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
    v
    Newcastle United 3 (De Ligt 15, Xadas 45, 49)
    PSV Eindhoven 0

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas*, Kean, Arp (Muto)

We absolutely pummelled PSV here as we fired in 29 shots and only let them have 6. I am delighted with the winning margin as it gives me a chance to play my backups in the 2nd leg. Xadas' 2 goals were quality as he fired in 2 long range strikes - one being a free-kick.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Arthur 12, Arp 30, Kean 83)
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Xadas, Kean*, Arp

If we keep winning we will win the league and we keep winning. Man Utd slipped up so we are 1pt clear with a game in hand and we have 5 games to play. We can do this!!!!

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
    v
    PSV Eindhoven 3 (Oviedo 6, Romero 37, 55)
    Newcastle United 2 (Ayoze Perez 10, Muto 59)
    (Agg: 3-5)

Lineup
    - Woodman, Passlack, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Hayden (Xadas), Shelvey, Murphy (Conway), Ayoze Perez, Atsu, Muto (Carroll)

My youngsters and backups did the trick here and see us into the semis. Conway made his debut here - he was part of last seasons youth intake.

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
    v
    Newcastle United 3 (Arp 20, 48, Atsu 90)
    Crystal Palace 1 (Zaha 86)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean (Atsu), Arp*

We reach our 2nd successive FA Cup final by beating Crystal Palace here. Arp was the star of the show as he scored 2 and assisted the other. West Ham beat Man Utd in the other semi so we have a great chance!!

--

SUMMARY

April was a great month as we powered our way through it in both league and cup. The league title is so close as we are 1pt clear with 5 games to go while Man Utd have a game less to play. Whats more - our remaining fixtures are very kind!!!!

In the FA Cup we have reached another final and we will face West Ham but in the Europa League semis we have been drawn against Liverpool. Marseille and Arsenal are in the other semi final.

Felice D'Amico and DeAndre Yedlin signed new contracts with us this month which is a boost - especially D'Amico who is still only getting paid just over £50k a week!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    ARTHUR

Name:	Arthur_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	1176897

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	1176899

39. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

MAY

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Arp 43, 47pen)
    Crystal Palace 0

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas, Kean (Atsu), Arp*

We have faced Crystal Palace already in both cup competitions but amazingly this is the first league meeting between us. This win secures Champions League football for next season and my initial transfer budget is £65m - I wonder how I am going to spend £40m of that? lol

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Arp 54pen, 58, 59)
    Stoke City 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, Rodrigo Caio (Maresic), Tierney, Hayden, Shelvey (Stoica), D'Amico, Xadas, Kean (Atsu), Arp*

We are now 1 win away from the league title with our victory here as Fiete Arp smashed in a hat-trick - he is now on 29 goals in all competitions.

--

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 1st Leg
    v
    Liverpool 3 (Lozano 12, Salah 74, Belotti 90)
    Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 50, Hayden 80)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Hayden), D'Amico, Xadas (Ayoze Perez), Kean, Arp

Liverpool thrashed us here (31 shots to 9) so I am pretty pleased to only lose by one and have two away goals in our favour. That being said to concede a last minute winner is annoying!!

--

v
    Brighton & Hove Albion 2 (Tau 40, Propper 53)
    Newcastle United 1 (Atsu 72)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin,
    Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Hayden), D'Amico (Atsu), Xadas (Rodrigo Caio), Kean, Arp

If we won this we would secure the title but we just didn't show up. Lascelles got sent-off when he gave away a penalty which was missed fortunately but make no mistake - Brighton deserved to win and our long unbeaten run is over.

--

v
    Crystal Palace 2 (Ayew 64, 77)
    Newcastle United 6 (Atsu 61, 68, 90, Muto 63, 80, Hayden 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Passlack, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Shelvey, Arthur (Hayden), Murphy, Ayoze Perez (Xadas), Atsu*, Muto

CHAMPIONS!!!! I was forced to field a backup side due to the sheer amount of games we are playing in such a short space of time but they did a magnificent job here with Atsu and Muto destroying Palace who are now relegated.

--

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
    v
    Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 42, Kean 47)
    Liverpool 0
    (Agg: 4-3)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Hayden), Arthur, D'Amico*, Xadas (Shelvey), Kean (Atsu), Arp

We reach the final with a very professional performance and in truth Liverpool never bothered us. Moise Kean picked up a knock but he is only out for a few days.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Atsu 31, Muto 45, 53)
    Leicester City 3 (Knockaert 44, 89, Pereira 90)

Lineup - Woodman, Passlack, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Hayden, Shelvey, Murphy, Stoica, Atsu (Robson), Muto (Carroll)

Just as well we won the league last week as we threw away a 2 goal lead in the last 2min!!!

--

FA Cup Final
    v
    West Ham United 3 (Hernandez 1,6, Pratto 90pen)
    Newcastle United 5 (Kean 20, 70, Arthur 58, Arp 66, Xadas 89)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, Rodrigo Caio, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, Murphy (Atsu), Xadas, Kean*, Arp

What a comeback!!!! 2 down after 6min things were not looking good but we played our natural game and once we got a goal back I was fairly confident. Murphy had a goal disallowed but it wasn't costly as we smashed in 4 goals in the 2nd half. D'Amico, inexplicably, is away on international duty.

--

UEFA Europa League Final
    v
    Newcastle United 3 (Arp 66, Passlack 82, Atsu 84)
    Arsenal 1 (Lacazette 14)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Passlack), Lascelles, De Ligt (Rodrigo Caio), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, Murphy, Xadas, Kean (Atsu*), Arp

WE WIN THE EUROPA LEAGUE!!!!

We fell behind early on here but we dominated the game throughout in truth. Arp equalised and then Passlack scored with a cross before Atsu - who before this month I had planned to sell - finished them off.

--

SUMMARY

What an end to the season. The league title was always in hand but we made a hash of it in the end as Brighton beat us but we got over the line by thrashing Crystal Palace. After the league was done we were on FA Cup duty and despite falling behind 2-0 early on we bounced back by scoring 5 past West Ham to retain the FA Cup and then it was the Europa League final where once again we fell behind but once again we bounced back and won with 2 late goals.

So that's 2 seasons done, 1 league title, 2 FA Cups, 1 Carabao Cup, 1 Europa League and 1 Community Shield. Not bad lol.

Now for pre-season I have to decide who I am going to get rid of and who I am going to bring in. Atsu was a goner before this month but he played his way back into my plans so I need to have a rethink.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    CHRISTIAN ATSU

Name:	Christian Atsu_ Overview Profile-2.png
Views:	7
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	1177106

dporter8999 likes this.

40. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    PRE-SEASON POST

What a season!!!! We won every domestic trophy and added the Europa League to our collection too!!! Our defeat to Lyon in the Champions League groups was the only real low point of the season however it made us drop into the Europa League so it was ok in the end!!!

My young squad excelled. The 3 teens up front in Kean, D'Amico and Arp scored nearly 100 goals between them while Arthur and Pellegrini were solid in midfield. The only negative was that we conceded far too many goals but that started to sort itself out but there is still room for improvement.

Arthur ended up winning all the Player of the Year awards for the Premier League which is some achievement with it being his first season.

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	1177140

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

Name:	Newcastle United_ Players Players.png
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	1177147

Name:	Newcastle United_ Players Players-2.png
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	1177148

Goalkeepers - Rulli was pretty good and cant really be held responsible for the amount of goals conceded as that was more down to our style of play and our inexperienced, young side. Woodman had a few games but I would have liked to have played him more.

Defence - De Ligt was the standout performer in his first season with us and he got a few goals too which is a boost. Lascelles was ok as was Yedlin and Tierney while Passlack - who I will try and bring in permanently excelled when called upon.

Midfield
    - Arthur and Pellegrini starred although I would like them to score more goals. Arthur was the star of English football this season apparently but in truth it was my two Italian wingers who really impressed as Moise Kean scored over 30 goals, D'Amico was just a couple short and then there was Christian Atsu who scored 15 in just 16 starts which was immense.

The main disappointment was my AMCs. Ayoze Perez fell away big style this season and Xadas played well but didn't get enough goals and that position needs sorted.

Forwards - Fiete Arp scored 30 which is acceptable lol while Muto did ok and that leaves Carroll who did a job when called upon but I would like Geubbels to play more next season.

My Player of the Year
    - Felice D'Amico
    My Young Player of the Year - Felice D'Amico
    Most Disappointing Player of the Year - Ayoze Perez
    Donkey of the Year - None!!!

Sam91 likes this.

41. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

PRE-SEASON

I think this summer window will go down as a notable one in my career here mainly due to the fact that next season Arp, Maresic, D'Amico etc will be home grown so I wont really be restricted with regards to my squad as the likes of Hayden, Dummett and Carroll are hanging in there due to their status. That being said all 3 impressed when called upon last season.

Another reason for it being notable will be because I brought in some amazing players!!!!!!

In other news I got Polish side Jagellonia as a feeder side while both my domestic affiliated clubs, Coventry and Gateshead, have been promoted so I have loaned a few players out to them. I also signed a new deal after Chelsea offered me the chance to manage them but in the end they plumped for some guy called Guardiola!!!

So onto the transfers...…….

--

PLAYERS OUT

3 first team players left for around £20m. Ayoze Perez (Leicester), Christian Atsu (Valencia) and Yoshinori Muto (Eintracht Frankfurt) have all departed as I looked to freshen up the squad. Ayoze was rubbish last season but Atsu and Muto excelled however I found better replacements and even though Muto was valued at £50m when I sold him I thought it was right to get rid.

I also got a decent transfer fee for Henri Saivet as he joined Hull for £13.5m while reserve players Longstaff, Sterry and Juanito left for small fees and the likes of Martin, Santisteban, Toure, Kawaya and Mousolin amongst others departed on loan. In the end I took in a total of £93m in player sales.

--

PLAYERS IN

I was aware that I needed to strengthen the side in order to maintain our domestic superiority but also to make inroads into the elite in Europe. With that in mind I spent £113m which isn't a lot compared to the amount that I recouped but when you take into account wages and agent fees etc I am left without a penny to spend as I tried to upgrade my squad. That being said I got some bargains.

Possibly my biggest bargain - despite being the new club record signing - is the £40m I spent on
    Moise Kean to make his loan move permanent from Juventus. I couldn't not meet the clause after he scored over 30 goals from the left wing last season and although he isn't a new face he is a dynasty player.

Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	1177211

Now for just a few million less I brought in Kean's understudy and Atsu's replacement as I shelled out £35.5m to bring in
    Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund. The English wonderkid had a release clause that I was happy to meet and I have high hopes that the 19y/o will prove to be a world class performer.

Name:	Jadon Sancho_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	1177212

£23m was spent on
    Patrik Schick from Roma in a bargain deal for the club. I cheekily made the offer for his value and I was shocked to see that it was accepted. Like Sancho I have never managed Schick before but have seen him do great things so I look forward to working with him. He will compete with Arp for the striker position and also stake a claim to play AMC.

Name:	Patrik Schick_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	1177213

The player that Schick will be battling out with for the AMC (alongside Xadas) is
    Lucas Paqueta who joined us from Flamengo for £13.25m. The 21y/o Brazilian international is another who I have wanted to manage before and I hope he can step up to the required level.

Name:	Lucas Paquetá_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	1177214

The final player for the first team was the loan signing of
    Diogo Dalot from Manchester United to cover for DeAndre Yedlin at right back. I tried to bring Passlack back to the club but Dortmund weren't playing ball so Dalot gets the opportunity.

Name:	Diogo Dalot_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	1177215

I brought in these 4 players for much cheapness at a total cost of £1.4m.
    Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-berke-%C3%96zer_-overview-profile.pngNewcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-chris-wallbridge_-overview-profile.pngNewcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-eduardo_-overview-profile.pngNewcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-zvezdan-ubovic_-overview-profile.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

No changes to the first XI provisionally apart from the AMC position where I will have to pick upon form between Schick, Paqueta and Xadas. Also up front, despite being excellent last term, Fiete Arp will be under more pressure with the arrival of Schick.

One doubt however is the depth of my squad as my U23 team only has a couple of players as I haven't signed too many teenage backups and my youth intake players haven't stepped up yet or aren't ready for it.

Dokara and danjames101 like this.

42. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
    v
    Manchester United 0
    Newcastle United 1 (Cuisance 54)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Rodrigo Caio), Tierney (Dummett), Cuisance*, Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Schick (Arp)

I don't think Man Utd had their strongest side out but the side that they put out played well - especially in the 1st half. The 2nd half was different though and we scored a beautiful team goal through Cuisance and we should have added to our tally in truth.

--

UEFA European Super Cup
    v
    Bayern Munich 2 (Kane 32, 90)
    Newcastle United 4 (Kean 23, 29, Arp 45, Lucas Paqueta 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Dummett), Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Arp

Hello!!!! To put 4 past a strong Bayern side is a very good sign for my young and improving side and it shows that we are ready to fight amongst Europe's elite maybe. I picked Arp over Schick due to him playing against a team from his homeland and he duly scored so he is starting the league campaign.

--

v
    Fulham 2 (Ayew 10, 32)
    Newcastle United 6 (Kean 25, Arp 30, Lucas Paqueta 50, 62, Pellegrini 60, Cuisance 90)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Dummett), Pellegrini, Shelvey (Cuisance), D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Arp

Not a bad way to start the league campaign!!! Lucas Paqueta has almost scored more goals this season in 3 games than Ayoze Perez or Xadas did individually for the whole of last season!!!

--

v
    Newcastle United 5 (Kean 16, 46, 84, Pellegrini 26, Arp 63)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean*, Arp (Schick)

We followed 6 goals from game 1 in the league with 5 goals in game 2. Will there be 4 goals in game 3? Pellegrini scored 3 in over 50 games last season and he has 2 in 3 this term.

--

v
    West Ham United 3 (Doucoure 8, Pratto 24, 90)
    Newcastle United 3 (Kean 30, Lucas Paqueta 52, De Ligt 87)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Lascelles, De Vrij, Tierney (Dummett), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Arp (Schick)

Lucas Bloody Pratto - he always scores against us and although his last minute equaliser was no more than West Ham deserved it was still a gutting moment. I suppose a point after being 2 down is not bad but we had the game won.

--

SUMMARY

I am delighted with our start to the season as we have claimed both of the minor cup competitions and also started the league campaign well by getting 7 out of 9 points and scoring 14 goals in only 3 games!!!

Lucas Paqueta has been the signing who has impressed so far but I suppose he is the only one who has started a few games. Pellegrini and Kean have also excelled at the start of the season while although D'Amico has been disappointing he still has 4 assists in 5 games!!!!

In the Carabao Cup we will play Swansea while we have a decent Champions League group as we have been drawn with AS Monaco, Legia Warsaw and CSKA Moscow.

Finally regarding the transfer window here are some leading signings...…

Arsenal - Mayoral, Phil Jones, Lallana and Aboubakar (Aubameyang sold)
    Chelsea - Sarr, Kompany, Chiesa, Pickford
    Man City - Renato Sanches and Joe Hart!!!!
    Man Utd - Alli, Wilshere, Sokratis, Kolasinac
    WBA - Lenglet, Smalling, Sanabria, Pope, Andreas Pereira

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    MOISE KEAN

Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	1177428

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	1177429

43. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Patrik Schick

SEPTEMBER

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Schick 15, 61, 67, Lucas Paqueta 36)
    Southampton 3 (Ben Yedder 46, 49, Papadopoulos 80)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Schick*

Back to winning ways as Patrick Schick banged in a hat-trick. Arthur missed a penalty so it could have been more.

--

UEFA Champions League Group E
    v
    Newcastle United 2 (Schick 30, 57)
    AS Monaco 1 (Pellegri 32)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean (Sancho), Schick*

Patrick Schick scored 2 great goals here as we beat Monaco who had a player sent-off early on. Pietro Pellegri is a player who I would love to sign and he showed how good he is by scoring here.

--

v
    Everton 3 (Richarlison 2, Simeone 83, Davies 86)
    Newcastle United 4 (Kean 33, 42, D'Amico 52, 87)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico*, Xadas (Shelvey), Kean, Schick (Arp)

For the 3rd game in a row in the league we concede 3 goals but fortunately we managed to get 4 ourselves. D'Amico's winner was a fine finish from the edge of the area.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
    v
    Newcastle United 2 (Sancho 19, Cleverley 107og)
    Swansea City 2 (Bony 67, Dyer 102)
    (AET Newcastle United won 5-3 on penalties)

Lineup
    - Woodman, Dalot, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett (Eduardo), Cuisance (Hayden), Shelvey (Stoica), Murphy, Xadas*, Sancho, Geubbels

My backups did the job here - just!!!

-

v
    Newcastle United 4 (D'Amico 11, Arthur 45pen, Sancho 77, Schick 84)
    Leicester City 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur*, D'Amico, Xadas (Cuisance), Kean (Sancho), Schick

A very nice victory which means for 5 of our 6 league games we have scored at least 4 goals.

--

SUMMARY

We really have started this season on fire as we are banging in goals right, left and centre and although we still concede too many in true 90s Newcastle style as long as we score more than our opponents then I am happy.

Patrik Schick has the strikers shirt just now but I will play Fiete Arp in our next Champions League game while Geubbels got a start against Swansea as I try to share out the minutes.

Next month we face Spurs and Man City as we get some tougher fixtures after our kind start to the campaign.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    PATRIK SCHICK

Name:	Patrik Schick_ Overview Profile-2.png
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	1177579

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1177580

44. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Arthur

OCTOBER

v
    Legia Warsaw 1 (Vesovic 15)
    Newcastle United 3 (Murphy 6, Arp 48, Geubbels 82)

Lineup - Woodman, Dalot, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance (Hayden), Shelvey, Murphy, Xadas, Sancho*, Arp (Geubbels)

Legia put up a good fight here but even though I fielded my backups we always had more quality out on the park and we got the expected victory.
    --

v
    Tottenham Hotspur 0
    Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 3, Kean 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas (Sancho), Kean*, Schick (Arp)

You have no idea how pleased I am with this performance and result. A fantastic away win against a top team and a clean sheet to boost. It was an entertaining match and Spurs actually played really well tbh.

--

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Pellegrini 18, Arp 33pen, Lascelles 38, Arthur 79)
    Hull City 1 (Yedlin 69og)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur*, D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta, Sancho, Arp (Geubbels)

Another 4 goal haul but Arthur's goal was worth 400. He beat about 5 players as he dribbled through the Hull defence and then finished into the top corner from 18 yards. Kean and Schick got injured on international duty so will be out for a few weeks.

--

v
    CSKA Moscow 1 (Yefremov 20)
    Newcastle United 5 (Sancho 10, Ivanovic 32og, Arp 34, 76, Maresic 67)

Lineup
    - Woodman, Dalot, Lascelles, Maresic, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey, Murphy (Geubbels), Xadas*, Sancho, Arp

My backups did a brilliant job here as they smash 5 past CSKA Moscow. Fiete Arp missed a 1st minute penalty which in the end denied him a hat-trick.

--

v
    Manchester City 3 (Aguero 40, 45, Icardi 75)
    Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho, Arp (Geubbels)

We didn't turn up at all here and were lucky to get away with a 3 goal defeat as our great start to the season comes to an abrupt end.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
    v
    Newcastle United 2 (Rodrigo Caio 53, Murphy 76)
    Derby County 0

Lineup
    - Woodman, Dalot*, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett (Eduardo), Cuisance, Shelvey (Hayden), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels (Arp)

We dominated this match from start to finish and we actually scored our fantastic 2nd goal when Geubbels was down injured.

--

SUMMARY

We did well this month as we thumped Legia Warsaw and CSKA Moscow in the Champions League, progressed in the Carabao Cup and in the league we thumped Hull, got a great win against Spurs but lost to Man City which sees us sit 2nd in the table 1pt behind Chelsea who are unbeaten.

All is going really well and everyone is getting plenty of game time as I have been able to throw in my backups fairly regularly and we are getting injuries to players who we have strong cover for which is fortunate so we just need to keep things going.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    XADAS

Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	1177745

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	1177746

45. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Mickael Cuisance

NOVEMBER

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Lucas Paqueta 18, 27, Lascelles 37)
    Burnley 1 (Coman 66)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Sancho, Arp

When I signed Lucas Paqueta I was hoping rather than expecting him to solve our problems at AMC but he has started off brilliantly with us and he has pretty much paid his £13m transfer fee back!

--

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Xadas 24, Sancho 56, Arp 69, 73)
    CSKA Moscow 1 (Hernandez 10pen)

Lineup
    - Woodman, Dalot*, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey (Hayden), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels (Arp)

This win secures our progression into the knockout stages. Diogo Dalot is certainly impressing this season - I may een try to get him permanently if he keeps this form up.

--

v
    Chelsea 3 (Musonda 27, Hazard 29, Kompany 41)
    Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho (Kean), Arp (Schick)

That's 2 3-0 defeats in our last 3 league matches as Chelsea go back to the top of the table thanks to their dominant 1st half display. Kean and Schick returned from injury though while Rulli was shocking.

--

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Arp 69, Lucas Paqueta 71)
    West Bromwich Albion 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Dummett, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Shelvey, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Schick (Arp)

We peppered their goal in the first half and should have been a few goals up but then in the 2nd half we lost our way a bit so I put on my subs and they combined for the opener. Arp then assisted the 2nd. I liked WBA's signings this summer and I am surprised that they are 2nd bottom.

--

v
    AS Monaco 1 (Lo Celso 52)
    Newcastle United 3 (Geubbels 18, Sancho 24, 55)

Lineup
    - Woodman, Dalot, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey (Hayden), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho*, Geubbels

I am delighted with this win as I put out my backups and they easily beat a strong Monaco team. This win secures us as group winners.

--

v
    Bournemouth 3 (Sorloth 42, 46, 56)
    Newcastle United 4 (Kean 22, 35, 37, Arp 27)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Arp

We were 4-0 up and cruising and then we just stopped playing and we almost paid the price.

--

SUMMARY

This month was almost identical to the previous one as we played well and won all of our games apart from one where we got thumped 3-0 against league leaders Chelsea who have Pep Guardiola managing them.

One thing that I have noticed is that Felice D'Amico somehow is no longer a natural RW and it now says he is a LW. I find that both annoying and confusing as he has been playing AMR for the last year and a half!!! He certainly isn't playing as well or scoring as much goals as he did last term.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    LUCAS PAQUETA

Name:	Lucas Paquetá_ Overview Profile-2.png
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	1177814

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	1177815
    Sam91 likes this.

46. Still going well near the top Never seen that Felice D'Amico situation before though, bizarre

47. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Geronimo Rulli

DECEMBER

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Kean 29, 44, Lucas Paqueta 53, Sancho 62)
    Liverpool 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico (Sancho), Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Arp (Schick)

A fantastic result and performance. Chelsea opened up a 4pt gap over us and Liverpool before the match so it was imperative that we didn't lose and we didn't as we thumped Liverpool. Having said that how Liverpool didn't score I don't know as they missed so many chances.

--

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Xadas 15, Murphy 24, 32, Sancho 62)
    Legia Warsaw 1 (Pazdan 69)

Lineup - Woodman, Dalot, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey, Murphy*, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels

My backups - who have played for most of the group stagesecured our 100% record with an easy victory here. Jacob Murphy missed a penalty to deny him his hat-trick with the last kick of the game.

--

v
    Watford 0
    Newcastle United 3 (Schick 4, 42, 45)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Schick*

Back to back clean sheets in the league!!!! That doesn't happen often.

--

v
    Arsenal 2 (Til 10, Camacho 55)
    Newcastle United 1 (Pellegrini 33)

Lineup
    - Woodman, Yedlin (Dummett), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Xadas, Sancho (Geubbels), Schick

We lose our hold on the Carabao Cup as Rafa Benitez's Arsenal defeat us luckily. Freddie Woodman made a mistake which cost us in the end.

--

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Lucas Paqueta 11, Sancho 90)
    Stoke City 0

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Dummett), Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean (Sancho), Schick

3 clean sheets in a row in the league!!!!! Lucas Paqueta's goal was a screamer from the edge of the area and then he played in Sancho for the 2nd.

--

v
    Manchester United 5 (Mandzukic 6, Martial 37, Lingard 69, 80, 85)
    Newcastle United 2 (Xadas 73, D'Amico 78)

Lineup - Rulli, Tierney, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Pellegrini, Arthur (Hayden), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean (Sancho), Schick

This game was always going to be difficult but to come into it without a RB and our 1st choice CBs made it near impossible - fortunately Chelsea lost away to Everton. We conceded 5 here - Chelsea have conceded 5 all season!!!!

--

v
    Newcastle United 7 (D'Amico 17, 20, 43, Lucas Paqueta 40, 55, Arp 45, Kean 90)
    Brighton & Hove Albion 2 (Andone 4, 65)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Rodrigo Caio, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Xadas), D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Arp

We bounce back from our defeat against Man Utd with an emphatic victory here. D'Amico seems to have refound his scoring touch as he grabbed a hat-trick.

--

SUMMARY

December had more ups than downs as on the whole we played really well. We put 4 past Liverpool and Legia Warsaw, 3 past Watford and then 7 goals were scored against Brighton unfortunately however we lost out in the Carabao Cup to Arsenal who promptly sacked Rafa Benitez and Man Utd scored 5 past us to hamper our title hopes.

In the FA Cup we will play Yeovil while our draw in the Champions League sees us paired with FC Porto.

As for January I cant see much business happening as we are broke although a pre-arranged transfer will come in but even then he doesn't look that great lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    FELICE D'AMICO

Name:	Felice D'Amico_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	13
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	1177818

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages-6.png
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	1177819

Linecoigne1998 likes this.

48. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Matthijs De Ligt

JANUARY

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Pellegrini 12, Kean 21, Lucas Paqueta 26, Arp 66pen)
    Fulham 0

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Rodrigo Caio (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Arp

A decent way to start the new year as we put 4 past Fulham. Fulham had a man sent-off when the penalty was given away.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Arthur 15, Kean 31, De Ligt 50)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur*, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean, Arp (Schick)

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
    v
    Newcastle United 4 (Sancho 32, Geubbels 38, 61, Xadas 86)
    Yeovil Town 0

Lineup - Woodman, Dalot, Maresic, De Ligt, Dummett (Eduardo), Cuisance (Hayden), Shelvey (Stoica), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels*

A nice and easy win for my backups as we get through to round 4.

--

v
    Newcastle United 6 (Lucas Paqueta 12, Schick 22, 35, 58, 63, Kean 45)
    West Ham United 2 (Pratto 11, 26pen)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Schick*

Patrik Schick!!!! He scored 4 and assisted the other 2 goals as he put in a faultless display. He has scored in 4 league games for us and in those scoring games he has netted 3, 1, 3 and 4!!!! Pratto once again scored against us but fortunately we were better.

--

v
    Southampton 2 (Ben Yedder 23, Boufal 85)
    Newcastle United 4 (Schick 25, Lucas Paqueta 49, 70, Cuisance 83)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin (Dummett), Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Schick

We weren't at our best today but we still scored 4 goals so I have to be happy with that. Chelsea dropped points beforehand so we move level with them.

--

v
    Newcastle United 6 (D'Amico 5, 30, Arthur 8pen, 50, Schick 66, 80)
    Everton 2 (Richarlison 20, Bolasie 90)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Dalot, Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean, Schick* (Arp)

Normally after a 6-2 win I would be delighted and raving about the individual performances of Arthur, D'Amico and Schick but in the end I am demoralised as Patrik Schick picked up an injury in stoppage time and is out for 5-7 months!!!

--

SUMMARY

4, 3, 4, 6, 4, 6 - that's the amount of goals we scored in each game this month which is quite incredible. Patrik Schick really came onto his game as he smashed in 7 goals during the month however no matter how good the month was the fact that Schick got injured and is out for the rest of the season really spoils the month.

There was some transfer news too during the month. I received a bid from Borussia Dortmund for Rodrigo Caio that was to good to turn down as we got an initial £33m which could rise to £38.5m which is over a £30m profit. The deal suited us down to the ground as we were potless and paying above our weekly wage budget and it also allowed me to sign a few players...……

Rodrigo Caio's replacement is Rivaldo Coetzee who joined from Sundowns for £1m. He is a cheap replacement but at the very least it is a good opportunity for the lad, we will make a large profit on him and it pushes Maresic up the pecking order a bit.

Name:	Rivaldo Coetzee_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	1177886

I then signed 4 regens to boost our U23 team and give ourselves a deeper squad. Schimelholz looks like a player - he came in for £3.5m and the Portuguese right back was a steal for £500,000.
    Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-benjamin-schindelholz_-overview-profile.pngNewcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-jos%C3%A9-luis-sukunza_-overview-profile.pngNewcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-yefferson-maturana_-overview-profile.pngNewcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers-mauro-sampaio_-overview-profile.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    PATRIK SCHICK

Name:	Patrik Schick_ Overview Profile-3.png
ID:	1177884

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages-7.png
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	1177885

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 02/09/2018 at 08:58 PM.

49. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

FEBRUARY

FA Cup 4th Round
    v
    Huddersfield Town 2 (Ojo 2, Cairney 56)
    Newcastle United 4 (Xadas 3, Geubbels 37, 48, Murphy 39)

Lineup
    - Woodman, Dalot (Sampaio), Maresic, Coetzee, Dummett (Eduardo), Cuisance, Shelvey (Stoica), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels*

Through we go. Woodman saved a last minute penalty here and Coetzee and Sampaio made their debuts.

--

v
    Leicester City 0
    Newcastle United 3 (Lucas Paqueta 3, Geubbels 70, Arthur 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Maresic, De Ligt (Coetzee), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur*, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Arp (Geubbels)

This is a great result but it came at a cost as Fiete Arp got injured and is out for a month which leaves me with the 2 teenagers Geubbels and Schindelholz and the veteran Andy Carroll who is rotting in the reserves for the striker position.

--

v
    Newcastle United 3 (Kean 5, Lucas Paqueta 6, Geubbels 13)
    Tottenham Hotspur 1 (Origi 61)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Maresic (Coetzee), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Xadas), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Geubbels (Schindelholz)

We surged into an early 3 goal lead here and then the worst possible thing happened - Geubbels went off with an injury that will keep him out for a month - and then we lost our way a bit. Gutting for Geubbels as he was just about to get a run of starts in the team.

--

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Shelvey 89pen, Sancho 90)
    Arsenal 0

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean (Sancho), Schindelholz

Before the match I toyed with starting Sancho on the left and moving Kean to striker but instead I went with Schindelholz up top. The game was a non-event (although in the 1st half both Arthur and Pellegrini picked up knocks) until the last minute when Schindelholz was brought down in the box and Shelvey converted the penalty and Sancho added a 2nd moments later.

--

v
    Hull City 1 (Dicko 83)
    Newcastle United 3 (Schindelholz 59, Arthur 81pen, Sancho 89)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin*, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney, Cuisance, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Schindelholz (Musulin)

This makes it 10 wins in a row in the league while Schindelholz got his first goal for us and Matija Musulin made his debut - he impressed while on loan at Coventry and has been capped by Croatia.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
    v
    Newcastle United 5 (Arthur 2, Schindelholz 29, 53, Lucas Paqueta 44, Sancho 45)
    Arsenal 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho, Schindelholz*

A stunning performance as we destroy Arsenal to get revenge for them dumping us out of the Carabao Cup. 17y/o Benjamin Schindelholz is certainly impressing!!!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
    v
    FC Porto 0
    Newcastle United 3 (Kean 29, D'Amico 38, 44)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Sancho, Kean

A fine result and performance with the only downside being that D'Amico had a 3rd goal disallowed for offside (wrongly in my opinion) when he volleyed in first time from an angle.

--

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Schindelholz 7, Kean 44, Lucas Paqueta 45, Lascelles 49)
    Manchester City 3 (Bernardo Silva 3, 57, Guerreiro 87)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico (Sancho), Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Schindelholz

We fell behind early on here but quickly levelled when Schindelholz powered in a screamer and then he assisted Kean for the 2nd and we quickly added a 3rd and the 4th came within a few minutes of the 2nd half starting. Then we collapsed a bit and we just managed to hang on!

--

SUMMARY

This month was great for us as we won every match so I have no complaints!!!! In the league the highlight was the 4-3 victory over Man City but overall our best performance was the 5-0 thrashing of Arsenal in the FA Cup.

What makes our form all the more impressive is that for most of the month I was without my first 3 strikers - Schick, Arp and Geubbels - so 17y/o Schindelholz, just recently signed, came in and really impressed and his goal against Man City won the goal of the month award!!!

Looking at the league table we are 6pts clear with 10 games to go so we have it in our hands.

As for the youth intake I got one good player and he is this Italian central midfielder....

Name:	Fabio Faccin_ Overview Profile.png
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	1178016

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    LUCAS PAQUETA

Name:	Lucas Paquetá_ Overview Profile-3.png
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	1178015

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages-8.png
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	1178017

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 03/09/2018 at 08:16 PM.

50. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

MARCH

v
    Burnley 1 (Hendrick 39)
    Newcastle United 4 (Arthur 13, Schindelholz 23, 73, Lucas Paqueta 27)

Lineup
    - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Vrij (Maresic), Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Schindelholz*

Burnley are 2nd bottom of the table and without a manager so were never likely to cause us a problem. Geubbels and Arp are back to fitness now but Schindelholz keeps scoring so he keeps playing!!!

--

v
    Newcastle United 4 (Lascelles 20, Lucas Paqueta 32, 35, Schindelholz 52)
    Chelsea 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Schindelholz (Arp)

Wonderful!!!! We gain revenge of our defeat earlier in the season by smashing 4 past Chelsea here and it basically means the title is ours as we are now 9pts clear.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
    v
    Newcastle United 1 (Reyes 58og)
    FC Porto 1 (Rui Pedro 68)
    (Agg: 4-1)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, Maresic, Tierney, Cuisance (Hayden), Shelvey, Murphy, Xadas*, Sancho, Arp (Geubbels)

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final

v
    Newcastle United 2 (Arp 40, Geubbels 88)
    Liverpool 3 (Gomez 16, Lovren 83, Oxlade-Chamberlain 120)
    AET

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Xadas), Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Sancho), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Arp (Geubbels)

Our hold of the FA Cup is over as after winning it for the last 2 years, Liverpool dump us out somehow despite us being dominant from start to finish but we missed so many chances. Gutted.

--

SUMMARY

March was a quiet month that started off brilliantly with big victories against Burnley and Chelsea which pretty much secured our title and then we drew with Porto in a nothing game before shockingly being knocked out of the FA Cup by Liverpool in a game that we deserved to win. In the semis Liverpool will play Brentford FFS!!!!!

We are 1pt away from finding out our budget for next season and only a couple of wins away from retaining the title but my focus now is on the Champions League and we have Man Utd in the quarter-finals.

Man City, Burnley and Everton all sacked their managers this month. Niko Kovac will be Man Citys new manager.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    BENJAMIN SCHINDELHOLZ

Name:	Benjamin Schindelholz_ Overview Profile-2.png
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	1178121
    (only because Lucas Paqueta is winning too many lol - although it was close)

--

LEAGUE TABLE

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Stages-9.png
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	1178122
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 04/09/2018 at 05:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO