Like Tree17Likes

Total War: Rome 2
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

1. Total War: Rome 2

Sega has announced that The Creative Assembly's next Total War game will be Rome 2, a sequel to its critically acclaimed 2004 strategy classic, Rome: Total War.

The game's due for release in 2013; at a recent preview event, The Creative Assembly told Eurogamer to expect it in the "second half" of next year.

After the narrow geographical focus of Shogun 2, the Total War series is returning to empire-building on a grand scale with Rome 2, which will feature the series' "most expansive turn-based campaign and the largest, most cinematic real-time battles". According to the developer, it's working with its biggest budget yet.

But there'll also be a new focus on the personal storylines and decisions of the player and key historical figures in the game, with family dilemmas and political plots playing an important part.

The first demonstration of the game featured the destruction of Carthage from the third Punic War. Multiplayer wasn't discussed, but lead designer James Russell said the studio was "planning something big".

For more info, read Paul Dean's full Total War: Rome 2 preview. You can also check out two panoramic screenshots from the game below.

Total War: Rome 2
    Last edited by Nathan; 02/07/2012 at 02:06 PM.
    Jak likes this.

Oooo tasty. I love the first one and still play it. Look forward to this one. Shame have to wait til next year. Good things come to those who wait though

3. Nathan I love you

4. Sweet tap dancing christ!!!

5. Holy shitbiscuit, Rome was the bollocks. Hopefully this just builds on that game.
    Montanaro likes this.

6. Chaz SexingtonPremium Member
    Celtic and V?lerenga Premium Member
    I wonder if they manage to make the AI more retarded. It'll be challenging, but I have no doubts the finished game will be missing a chromosome or two! If I got a denarius for every time the AI charged their general straight at a phalanx I'd have at least 539 denarii!

7. GodCubed's Avatar GodCubed
    CA are pretty much guaranteed my money for any new TW game, but Rome was always the best of the series by far. It looks staggeringly good.

8. Gimme my elephants! ROAR!

Just hope I don't run into flaming pigs as I bulldoze my way to Roma.

9. Medieval 2 is my favourite entry in the franchise so far. First Rome was balls, although i agree it is most fun era to place the game in.

The more modern games like Empire were terrible for me, just play with artillery and explode everything. Take out entire army with one cannon? No problem.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Sexington View Post
    I wonder if they manage to make the AI more retarded. It'll be challenging, but I have no doubts the finished game will be missing a chromosome or two! If I got a denarius for every time the AI charged their general straight at a phalanx I'd have at least 539 denarii!
    They said they would actually make the AI think this time. Before the AI either viewed you as an enemy it wanted to destroy or a trade ally it could rely on. Let's see how it goes. I have my doubts about the game. The bad AI was the main reason I went over to Paradox titles, like Europa Universalis, Victoria 2 and Crusader Kings II. It's going to be interesting and I guess I'll be buying it after checking out peoples reviews on the Total War forums.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast