Like Tree609Likes

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment?

1. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    Endless Space 2 is in the humble bundle I'll probably pick it up, strange to see it in this so early in it's lifespan.

Tyton picked up Kingdom Come Deliverance in PS4 enjoying it so far but the intro is about 104 hours
    I cant find it in humble.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    https://www.humblebundle.com/games/s...n=tile_index_2

Endless Space Collection includes Endless Space and Endless Space - Disharmony.
    Tyton likes this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Here it is. Probably the best value bundle ever for strategy gamers. If you don't want to spend 12$ on Endless Space, at least grab the lower tier for Endless Legend with DLCs, which is really, really good fantasy/Civ-like.To the point that Civ 6 ripped a lot of their innovations.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/strategy-bundle

4. Paradox have announced a new Rome game this is not a drill (although it'll probably be gash for at least the first 6-12 months)
    Tyton and Bujakaa92 like this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    Paradox have announced a new Rome game this is not a drill (although it'll probably be gash for at least the first 6-12 months)
    Yeah, HoI4 was last Paradox game that i bothered to get on release. It's 2 years after launch and only now the announced sea expansion will (hopefully) get things up to the level things should be on launch day.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Yeah, HoI4 was last Paradox game that i bothered to get on release. It's 2 years after launch and only now the announced sea expansion will (hopefully) get things up to the level things should be on launch day.
    I had fun with it on release, but it was lacking and late game performance was awful. I'll pick up the last couple of expansions I reckon and then have a blast because it has serious potential.

I've just got latest Stellaris expansion and my god this game is different level now it's insane. Probably for my money the best space strat on the market. I can't wait for all the mods I play to catch up too.
    Tyton likes this.

7. Some sad news in gaming community, John @Totalbiscuit Bain has passed away.
    https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit

The guy who I started to listen when growing up and he has effected so much in the gaming industry.

Rest in peace.

8. Woke up about an hour ago to see a tweet that he had passed away. I was absolutley crushed. TotalBiscuit and Day9 (another major SC player) got me into Starcraft.

I also loved watching his WTF videos on youtube. And loved the times he was doing the podcasts with WoWCrendor, Dodger and Jesse Cox.

Always fun, warm and did his best for others. Also fought for others, even when he knew time was short for him which speaks volumes of him. Just an absolute trooper. And only 33 years old. That's absolutely no age to go.

Going to miss him terribly. The gaming community as a whole are going to take this extremely hard.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

RIP.
    Last edited by ajt09; 25/05/2018 at 10:15 AM.
    Bujakaa92 likes this.

9. I've also just noticed that both Sky News and BBC news both had articles on his passing as well. That's how highly regarded he was. I've also been amazed by just how much of an impact his passing has had, especially on the people who never met him (myself included-as mentioned beforehand I was devastated). I knew it was going to be big, but it's been a lot bigger than I realized. Amazed.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    I've also just noticed that both Sky News and BBC news both had articles on his passing as well. That's how highly regarded he was. I've also been amazed by just how much of an impact his passing has had, especially on the people who never met him (myself included-as mentioned beforehand I was devastated). I knew it was going to be big, but it's been a lot bigger than I realized. Amazed.
    think cnn did something about him aswell

11. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Going to miss him terribly. The gaming community as a whole are going to take this extremely hard.

Been gaming since the 70's and I've never heard of him?

12. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Been gaming since the 70's and I've never heard of him?
    Thats fine. But he was a big figure in many games. Had a major role in games like Dota, LoL and ofc Sc.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Thats fine. But he was a big figure in many games. Had a major role in games like Dota, LoL and ofc Sc.
    Was he a programmer/developer?

14. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Was he a programmer/developer?
    No, he was a journo who had a huge impact on the industry. The guy was a pioneer of professional conduct and transparency in gaming journalism and he was incredibly brave and tenacious in exposing games that suffer from technical problems.

If you watch some of his video reviews, the first thing he does is he would often spend like 5 minutes going over all the technical option in the menu and detailing what they do and whether they actually work properly. He seemed like a madman the first time I saw it, but he kept at it regardless of the reactions and eventually developers actually started adding options that he demanded. Like, he's basically the sole reason why shooters have FOV sliders.

He was also a respected reviewer and promoted a lot of indie games to success and did some commentary and casting for Starcraft I think? But his biggest impact was exposing bullshit practices of game industry and losing him is awful, awful news for the gaming community.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    No, he was a journo
    That explains why I never heard of him.
    Tyton likes this.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    No, he was a journo who had a huge impact on the industry. The guy was a pioneer of professional conduct and transparency in gaming journalism and he was incredibly brave and tenacious in exposing games that suffer from technical problems.

If you watch some of his video reviews, the first thing he does is he would often spend like 5 minutes going over all the technical option in the menu and detailing what they do and whether they actually work properly. He seemed like a madman the first time I saw it, but he kept at it regardless of the reactions and eventually developers actually started adding options that he demanded. Like, he's basically the sole reason why shooters have FOV sliders.

He was also a respected reviewer and promoted a lot of indie games to success and did some commentary and casting for Starcraft I think? But his biggest impact was exposing bullshit practices of game industry and losing him is awful, awful news for the gaming community.
    He indeed did casting for Starcraft 2. He also pretty much saved the game Warframe. The company that made the game was going under. He did a "WTF is Warframe" video and there was a massive surge of players. So the company went from about to be going under to where they are now.

Also had a major impact on League of Legends-there's an ingame item named after him because he referred so many people to the game from the beginning. He referred 10 thousand people as part of Design a Champion, and the prize was to as the title says, design a champion. But Riot ignored him so he quit the game, but later they got back in touch with him to finally get him to design a champion. But John instead gave the opportunity to someone from Make a Wish instead.

It can't be underestimated just how many lives he's touched, be it everyday gamers to content creators.
    Last edited by ajt09; 27/05/2018 at 08:56 AM.
    Tyton and Bujakaa92 like this.

17. Borderlands 2
    Dishonered 2

and debating getting Detroit Become Human.
    Tyton likes this.

18. Dishonored 2 was the shit.

19. And about Total Biscuit situation - apparently his wife (now widow) and kid were in dire financial situation because of the expenses of his cancer treatment. Fucking American healthcare system is just nuts, dude.

Some of the fans set up a gofundme fundraiser for the family and up to date it gathered over $300,000 which should get them out of the red zone. Pretty cool.

20. https://free.ubisoft.com/promotions/for_honor/26/
    For Honor starting edition free until 18 June.

21. Doesn't For Honor have a terrible grind to unlock stuff?

If so I'm going to pass. I'm old and grumpy and any patience I once had has been replaced by piles of salt because of games like Overwatch lol

22. First details finally emerge about Blizzard releasing WoW Classic. Not going to lie. Triggered so much nostalgia about my very first playing experience of World of Warcraft over 9 years ago.

Was only yesterday I was a World of Warcraft noob, trying to talk to NPC's and buying crappy white text gear. Now I can't stop talking about it when someone briefly mentions it (spent 20 mins talking to a fellow WoW player on the phone who was also a Sky customer service rep-who was a complete lore nerd lul).

As I never experienced the "joy" of WoW Vanilla I may give it a try. Still a long way off though.

For anyone interested:

23. I've beaten Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Great game, much better than first one. Pillars 1 was generic fantasy stuff, this one has pirates which is +200% bonus from me. I'd say the best one out of all the "oldschool" isometric tactical RPGs that have been poping up last few years.

Also, sea shanties they have are the tits. Even the lyrics are written in a way to make sense the game world. I love me a game with that much attention to detail.

Last edited by Tyton; 16/06/2018 at 05:37 AM.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    I've beaten Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Great game, much better than first one. Pillars 1 was generic fantasy stuff, this one has pirates which is +200% bonus from me. I'd say the best one out of all the "oldschool" isometric tactical RPGs that have been poping up last few years.

Also, sea shanties they have are the tits. Even the lyrics are written in a way to make sense the game world. I love me a game with that much attention to detail.

Was racking my brain thinking where have I heard this before. Then it hit me that it was basically a different rendition of roll the old chariots.

Here's my fav version on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20n3N1uhztc
    Tyton likes this.

25. Reminder the Steam Summer Sale is underway.

I looked at my purchases from previous sales and I'm ashamed with my back catalogue, and the games I've hardly touched FeelsBadMan

26. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    God damn it I missed a free game. What am I doing with my life.

27. Been playing Football Manager 2018 and Two Point Hospital. Can't wait for Beta. Also been playing Dead Island, State of Decay 2 and GTA5 on X Box One

28. Post Resident Evil 2, loved it and wrote some tips!

I'm a blogger, game enthusiast, and a game writer. I've bought the newest Resident Evil 2 Remake, and it's awesome, to say the least. Had an amazing experience with Leon, and today seems like an evening with Claire haha!

I've struggled during my first hours, as the game is really intense, and thrilling, however, my skills have increased tremendously heading towards the mid-game.

Anyway, I'm writing this because I've noticed a couple of neat tricks that have helped me to hone my skills and thus increase my experience. I've written a guide about the new game, in hopes that it'll be helpful at least to someone! Check out my Resident Evil 2 tips!

Thank you, and have a pleasant experience! With or without my tips, the game is sick, and if anyone is still wondering whether it's worth it, it totally is!

29. Trying to get into the mood for LOL again. That game simply exhausts me after 30 minutes.
    Recently was playing Witcher 3, and to this day its the best game I've ever played after Mafia 1 and 2 ( purely due to nostalgia). Will be playing Far Cry 5 for next couple of weeks. Also I've never played any of the Fallout games, might try them sometime soon.
    Tyton likes this.

30. Last games i've literally enjoyed were RDR2 and Spider Man on PS4 and http://muonline.us on PC. First two ones are brilliant single player games with great plot, characters and game play. Feels like you creating your own movie. And the last one is just my regards and nostalgia to old school PC mmos like Ultima or L2. Liked all of them tho.

31. Exclamation Anthem

It took them 6 years to develop and release Anthem, and it took me 36eu to play it! That's a bargain! And no matter what the current reviews are saying, I strongly believe that Anthem is going to be unproportionally big in the upcoming future!

Cheers, Much love, And Enjoy your Games! <3

32. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Trying to get into the mood for LOL again. That game simply exhausts me after 30 minutes.

Just mute every one in the chat at the start of game. You'll be happier.

33. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Just mute every one in the chat at the start of game. You'll be happier.
    Luckily for me, I only have a couple of days every few months to actually play that game, but it still drives me mad when I do.
    MIm hoping things will change in next couple of months when I find my own flat so I can bring my PC with me.

34. Currently a.ashing my way through Resident evil two well when the little one will allow me too. Never grow up and have kids guys, since my son got here 6 months ago my gaming is severely reduced. Although I would not change it for the world
    Tyton likes this.

35. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    Currently a.ashing my way through Resident evil two well when the little one will allow me too. Never grow up and have kids guys, since my son got here 6 months ago my gaming is severely reduced. Although I would not change it for the world
    So what is your new team? Because come on, you can't raise poor lad as a Leeds fan, you know it's bad for him.
    epic terrorist likes this.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    So what is your new team? Because come on, you can't raise poor lad as a Leeds fan, you know it's bad for him.
    Ha he will be coming with me soon enough. He is actually obsessed with football loves watching it. Must be the bright green pitch
    Tyton likes this.

37. Just recently got into playing Forza Horizon 4! Was always a fan of racing games that allowed the player to do pretty much whatever the hell we want and this one is arguably the best at it as well! Can't stop, won't stop loving this game! If any of you guys read the comments above you may also know that I write blogs for some of my favorite games, Forza Horizon 4 is not an exception, don't want to spam this thread with 1000+ words, but if you are interested you can read it up here: https://www.eneba.com/blog/why-forza...me-collection/

38. Quote Originally Posted by Superinis7 View Post
    Just recently got into playing Forza Horizon 4! Was always a fan of racing games that allowed the player to do pretty much whatever the hell we want and this one is arguably the best at it as well! Can't stop, won't stop loving this game! If any of you guys read the comments above you may also know that I write blogs for some of my favorite games, Forza Horizon 4 is not an exception, don't want to spam this thread with 1000+ words, but if you are interested you can read it up here: https://www.eneba.com/blog/why-forza...me-collection/
    A good write up there mate, and I have no interest in racing games. If I found it realllly cheap Forza would be the racing game I'd go for though

Maybe ease up on the exclamation marks though

39. Post What Game Are You Playing At The Moment?

In Free time I Join 2,000+ Game Studios. Easy to Use. Built For Games. Over 30,000 Customers. Powerful Features.Making games is for everyone and We have done everything possible to streamline the development process and give you all the resources you need to get started Now earn free Robux legally by Joining Our Site & Get info on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita consoles, releases, news, videos, competitions and support, and buy the latest games.

Platform Name:- RobuxMania

40. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Some sad news in gaming community, John @Totalbiscuit Bain has passed away.
    https://edubirdie.com/case-converter

The guy who I started to listen when growing up and he has effected so much in the gaming industry.

Rest in peace.
    It is so sad.... If the speech is about the first thing, it won't be so. But when such great people pass away... You start to think over life at all and that all of them will be there. Everything depends on the person and only time is different. So this sad new is anything to think about life.
    Last edited by MariaHiggins; 25/03/2019 at 06:43 PM.

41. Death is death, life is life, and games are games.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life takes away a precious soul, say your goodbyes but never forget.
    When life gives you awesome games to play, play them and escape from the lemons and the deaths surrounding...

Best wishes.

42. So I decided to try new DLC for Hearts of Iron 4, called Man the Guns. And it's pretty damn good, with a lot of expanded options that increase depth to naval warfare without making it feel like a chore.

But there's one problem. Germany is insanely overbuffed in this patch for some reason.

Here is how my save with Poland went:

Obviously I'm not gonna be attacking Germany head on. So I set up a line of forts behind two rivers in Warsaw. I built pure defensive army that just has infantry and anti-tank units.

And I calmly waited for 1939 to come.

Well, 1939 indeed came. But nothing happened. Adolf himself came to have look at my defenses and his comment was: "Nein, can't touch this. Just surround them with 150 divisions and stand there pretending to look important."

So they did.

Meanwhile my small but brave fleet of mine-laying submarines mined the fuck out of the entire Mediterranean, Italian fleet got wrecked. France doesn't fall and Western front is a stalemate. For 3 years, nothing happens, nobody can beat anybody. I was watching some TV shows on the other monitor and meanwhile I was slowly building up two a 2 million army, while still surrounded in Warsaw.

Finally in mid-1942 finally Stalin gets bored sitting on his dick, so he attacks Germany.

So now it's full power of UK, France, United States, Soviet Union, Poland, Belgium and Netherlands against Germany.

Surely they get crushed now, you'd think?

Fucking my soul was crushed instead, I'm in 1944 and Hitler is still alive and well. Mind you this is supposed to be a weakass Hitler who never taken any country apart from Czechoslovakia and is surrounded on all sides 5 years and counting.

What an absolute load of bollocks.

43. MK11

I just pre-ordered Mortal Kombat 11, have a busy week ahead of me, so this will be a nice thing to chill and relax with once it comes out!

44. For anyone who likes turn based football games... me and Dunc have been developing our own game Super Club Soccer
    Tyton likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO